Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.06/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc Reviews

Original review: March 2, 2017

I purchased a new RV in Arizona and bought a service contract from AGWS Inc for several thousand dollars. I had slideout problems and could not take the RV to a dealership. I called a certified mobile RV service to come out and diagnose the repairs. The repair man called American Guardian start the claim and while going over the repair order, they refused the service call charge because they said I didn't select the option? Keep in mind that I purchased the Platinum policy and paid top dollar, and it doesn't include service calls? So then the price of the part needed was given to them, and was the suggested retail price from the distributor, and they refused it and said they found it "online" from some bogus place that didn't even warranty the part.

They also refused the labor time requested and said they had "their own labor manual" that they go by! When the mechanic asked them if they had ever seen how long it took to perform this type of repair, "Rocky" their adjuster said, "We went to a training seminar on slide outs". BS! I was ripped off by this warranty company and people need to spread the word that they are not legitimate and will not do what they claim in their brochure. I am going to cancel my policy and pay for the repairs out of pocket and get my money back on the refund, unless they rip me off on that too.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I was sent a letter from this company, which concerned me. Upon reading the letter sent, I called the number to verify exactly what the letter meant. All it was, was an offer for an extended warranty on my vehicle. After speaking with one young man who gave me some information in case it was something I was interested in, he offered to transfer me to someone who could give me a breakdown of the pricing, and see if I was interested in one that was offered.

After transferring me, instead of offering a package, the young man assumed I was going to purchase one and immediately began asking what type of card I would be using and my card number. Is this a huge issue? Of course not. BUT, I work for a car dealership, and I have NEVER just assumed that one of my customers were making a payment because they called. I've never ASSUMED anything. Very unprofessional.

Please make sure next time someone speaks with a customer, they ASK if it's something they're interested in. I immediately hung up the phone once he started asking those questions, because I felt as though it was a scam. Seeing all the reviews, I see that it is not. But still very uneasy when someone goes right into asking about your bank account and card. Please address this issue. Furthermore, I will not being doing business with you guys. Good luck to anyone who does!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I purchased the Silver package from AGWS in 2016. While driving my car in 2017 heard a noise, had taken car to Volvo dealership for an inspection. I was told that my wheel bearing had gone bad, contacted AGWS for repairs but was denied. AGWS claimed that I had only been in the warranty for 22 days was reason they used to deny my claim. I reminded them I had been in warranty for 52 days past the 30 stipulation for pre-existing conditions... Despite the truth staring AGWS in the face they "lied" to me and never honored the agreement.

After multiple phone calls made to management none of which was returned, I concluded that AGWS is in the business of selling bad paper with no intent of living up to their agreement. I'm in the process of seeking a refund which has turned into a three ring circus as well, AGWS not wanting to give refunds. Unless you like headaches and bad treatment as a paying customer stay away for these snake oil salesmen and charlatans.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

My husband and I purchased an extended warranty when we bought our 2015 Fifth Wheel. We paid $2866 and when it came time to replace a large item (refrigerator cooling unit) they were terrible to work with. The RV dealer that sold us the warranty also has service. Our camper spent months being in for service so the warranty company could "observe failure" of the refrigerator. The service department observed the refrigerator temperature going up to 49 degrees on multiple occasions. The warranty company said that they would not take the word of the service department and had to see the failure for themselves. Unfortunately, they would come to look at the camper at least 24 hours after the work order was put in and the refrigerator was back down to 35 degrees by their staff arrived. This warranty company does not even trust the companies they contract with!

I also sent three pictures with the thermometer reading 49, 51 and 52 degrees. The customer service staff were rude and did not change their script from "we need to observe failure". I offered to bring the camper to them, wherever they are located and they refused. I am asking for money back at this point because it is clear that they are not providing the service I paid for. I have no reason to make up that the refrigerator is not working, I just wanted the camper to work the way it was supposed to - that includes a refrigerator that keeps my food cold. I had to throw out groceries and cancel reservations/trips (paying a cancellation fee) because the refrigerator didn't work. I will never purchase a warranty from this company again and would advise others to think twice before wasting their money. Up to this point, six months after the first service, this warranty company still refuses to do the right thing.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

I purchased a used car from a reputable dealer in Washington state and thought since it was a fairly new car that I would purchase an extended warranty from AGWS called the Compass Protection Plan. I purchased the highest caliber paying over $2000 extra just in case something went wrong in the first year or so of ownership. Well lo and behold after a few months the sunroof ended up getting stuck in the open position. I contacted the warranty company as directed but they decided that this was going to considered an "adjustment" not a repair and therefore would not be covered. Considering I live in Washington I obviously could not leave the sunroof stuck open. I took it to a local mechanic where they found that a screw from the mechanism had gotten loose and jammed in the track preventing the sunroof from closing. The mechanic called the warrant company directly to explain the situation to no avail.

I then contacted the dealer who stated that one of their warranty reps would call the warranty company. Long story short the warranty company agreed to pay for half of the repair. Now, six weeks later, still no payment to the repair place and no help from the customer service reps with the warranty company. In fact, in all the CSR I've dealt with AGWS have been downright rude. If I had to do it over again I would never purchase ANY warranty from this company. They say that their warranty covers things but when you go to start a claim they word it in a way where they don't have to pay a dime. It's not even bait and switch but plain thievery. Someone needs to investigate this company and their dealings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

I bought the $1500 Platinum plan from Bill Kay Pontiac and Jeep in Downers Grove, IL. I was given a brochure that states everything is covered with this plan except normal wear and tear. Just had to service my Patriot for a faulty throttle body and lower control arms. The warranty company offered to pay only a portion of the control arms because they "found parts cheaper online" and deny the throttle body altogether because they determined it could be cleaned. Meanwhile the repair specialist at Anderson Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, told them it could not be cleaned, it was electronic. I will never buy another warranty from this malicious and outright lying company. They said they don't honor anything on the brochure and on page 12 in fine print it says it's not covered. It just reminds me of Willy Wonka. This company is a sham and should be closed.

Original review: July 12, 2016

Horrible service for roadside and tire replacement. We had a blow out on our 5th wheel camper while traveling to Nebraska. I called the customer service line and was advised that they had no record of a policy for me. I gave them the policy number, my name, my phone number and nothing. I called our RV dealer and he was able to look up our policy with no problem. Called the customer service line again to no avail. I got frustrated and called the roadside from our insurance company so I could get my family off the highway sooner rather than later.

I called customer service back and asked how to make a claim when I got somewhere to get a new tire. We were vacationing in a small town in Nebraska with only 1 tire shop. They did not want to deal with a warranty company and advised that I would have to take it up with the warranty company later. I called the warranty company and advised them that the tire shop did not want to deal with them. They stated I would have to file the claim when I got home, that I would need pictures of the tire, an invoice and a receipt.

On our way home we had the treads completely separate from another tire. This one did not blow out thank goodness. I called the warranty company again and again they could not find record of us having a policy. Again I did not bother arguing with them as a good samaritan stopped to help us out. Upon returning home I called the warranty company to get the form I needed to file the claim. They advised me that I needed to send pictures, the receipt and the invoice from the tire shop via USPS. I asked why I couldn't email them in and they stated that because I did not have pre authorization for the replacement, I had to mail it in. Seriously, in today's world of technology I had to send this in by snail mail. I sent everything as requested.

I took the other tire into our local dealer who was willing to work with the warranty company for this replacement. He talked to them then told me he had to take a few pictures and fill out a form to EMAIL back to them. It took several days for the warranty company to finally decide that they would cover a portion of the replacement. I followed up with the warranty company about a week after I sent the first claim in and was advised that they were denying my claim because it was not preauthorized. I asked what I was suppose to do since the tire shop would not talk to them and they stated I should have gone to another shop, which was over 50 miles away. Needless to say I am in the process of cancelling this policy. Then again, they will probably deny my cancellation because they won't be able to find me in their system.

Original review: July 6, 2016

We purchased an RV from La Mesa RV in Sanford, FL in April 2015. At that time, we also were sold a 3 year "platinum" extended warranty from American Guardian Warranty Services for well over $7692.50! We have tried to place small claims 7 times for a total of $1993, and every time our claim has been denied completely. We are now filing our 8th claim; this time it will be paid, but at a significantly reduced reimbursement. The claim that the labor hours are too many for the work; they have completely disregarded the repair shop's (the Western Region Service Center for Cummins) estimate for labor and will only reimburse the hours they think it should take, based on THEIR estimate.

We called Freightliner to see what they it should take, and they said it completely depends on the access in each RV and could take that long or longer. AGW has completely disregarded the input from the repair shop which had just done a similar job; our job requires the complete removal of the radiator and other parts just to get to the part to be replaced; a very labor intensive repair. So, we get a less than satisfactory result again! This time we are only reimbursed for $2960 on a $3996 invoice or only 74% of the actual bill! We are out over $1000 in addition to the $1993 previously denied. This warranty is a SCAM. They do NOT pay out legitimate claims and find every means to reduce or deny legitimate reimbursement or payment. LA Mesa said it was an excellent extended warranty and sold it to us with false claims. I bet they get a hefty commission for each sale!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

I received a notice from this company that my extended factory policy had expired. Upon calling, they indicated to continue coverage would be $4,000.00. They had a long list of items that could fail on my vehicle. I agreed to the policy with the understanding that I could cancel in 30 days. I called back a week later to cancel and was put through a very "hard sell" process with two different people. I finally stopped answering their questions and simply stated each time "I want to cancel my policy". As a closing remark, the agent said "well since you are independently wealthy and can cover your car repair, I will cancel your policy". I am glad not to be associated with this company.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

Received the separate unsolicited mailings from this company over the last 6 months trying to sell me a warranty on my vehicle. Each time I called to get my name and address removed from their list. They ignore all requests even though they said they would. I received another one on 10/29, called on 10/30 was told they would remove me but I should just ignore them and toss it in the trash. These companies are scams and harassers.

American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc Company Information