1.06/5
Based on 63 reviews that contain star ratings

Expired Warranty? Save on Repairs

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

94 American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

This is about their customer service. I received the card in the mail for an extended warranty. Now it could be that they need to close each deal per shift, and a good cop/bad cop deal. I spoke with 2 nice people, but told them I need to confirm a few things and would need to call back to sign off on this insurance. Though I did tell them the value looked good for what they told me over the phone. The first representative said she understood that. But then she said she might be able to get me into a special program as well for a lower cost (I again confirmed whatever the price, I still would need to verify a few things before I sign off on the insurance). She was okay with that.

The representative offered me a lower amount, but got really upset that I wasn't going to say yes on the spot. Tried to scare me with "what if's" and got very irritated that I had questions. Plus the fact I wanted to verify a few things really got him to be very angry. I didn't find that very appealing at all. At the end he said if I don't sign at that very moment, then Guardian has no other business with me. It smelled of a scam, but not sure since they wanted to close it right then without letting a person make a few checks and call back.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

I work at a repair shop and a customer came in with the compass plans and had an 04 infinity with door latch problems -- both front latches were bad. This company said they would not authorize dealer part that we would have to get aftermarket parts. Aftermarket does not make door latches for this vehicle. Then they would not pay list price for dealer parts. In short it was a very bad and time-wasting experience. Stay away from this company.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 21, 2015

Well, here is the thing I will be the first one to say something positive here (I am not paid to do so you can contact me if you want). I've bought 08 BMW 535 xi from the dealer called auto gallery imports in Addison IL. Not that great experience but it is what it is and they sold me compass warranty through the american guardian the platinum coverage.

After owning the car for 3 weeks my water pump started leaking. I took it to my trusted shop (not a dealer) and they are certified to work on all German made cars. I've waited a day to get the estimate, it came up to $1200 parts and labor. Then I went online and read all the reviews about american guardian here and I started to worry. Later on the day my mechanic called me and said that american guardian paid for everything on the phone call with him except for new antifreeze, which in second hand is not fair because to change water pump you need to flush out all the antifreeze but after all I read here, I guess I am a lucky men!!! Good luck to all of you people here and hope your rides don't even need a warranty and to serve you good!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

This company's sales pitch is geared to the elderly who are on fixed incomes - they offer protection against the high cost of auto repairs--yeah right. My disabled sister purchased a policy for her seldom used Chevy from a mail notice she thought came from the dealer offering to extend her existing warranty. When we called back (the same day) to cancel I found they sold her a $798 policy on a Mercedes car she didn't own--never owned! When I demanded they cancel it I had to jump through fire to get it done. Finally called the credit card company to void the transaction.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2014

My car according to the agreement it should have been covered for 4 years or 40,000 miles. Even though it still had not reached either they refused coverage because of the value of the car. I would give this company zero stars.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2014

PLEASE DO NOT BUY this insurance. These People will make you regret the day you bought the policy. They will not cover anything they promised, in writing, for whatever they call technicality. They will find any excuse to deny any coverage. DO NOT BUY THIS INSURANCE.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2014

They called me and passed me around like a hockey puck to four different people...proud to make themselves sound and feel more legit to a consumer. I asked for the best deal on the platinum and I got a senior financial advisor. I'm hesitant to sign up for anything and wanted to read a contract before I give them $2100. FYI this price was a fleet price when you do a one time payment compared to the $4800 original price if you spread out payment over five years. Yikes, that's a lot of interest. So the guy said if I just sign up now I can cancel in 30 days before the first payment is due. So why can't you just email a contract first. A legit business will have something to put your mind at ease if this is indeed a good deal. They don't, it's all high pressure sales. It has nothing to do with a good or bad warranty. I told the guy I can't commit without doing research so he hung up on me saying "I can't help you." Wow extremely professional. Little does he know that by doing that it helped me make a wise decision because it showed he doesn't care about me at all, it's all about volume and sales. Buyer beware.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2014

In 2011, I purchased an RV from McMahon RV in Orange County, California. I also purchased a platinum extended RV service warranty from American Guardian Warranty Service. I paid $3,750 for a seven year plan. I sold my RV in July of 2014, at which time I cancelled my service with American. I was told at that time that because McMahon RV was going out of business, I would only get $468.94 of the $1,970.98 I would be due. I would have to go after McMahon for the remainder. I told Nancy that I paid my full amount and I expect them to reimburse me... It is not my problem that they gave a commission to McMahon and now I have to go after them for that portion???

Conveniently, she says she never received my fax for the cancellation, either. I faxed the cancellation page when I was with my finance gal when I was purchasing the new RV. So, not only am I not getting my measly $468.94, but now, she can't go back and give me that amount because I waited too long to tell her I just realized I never got it. Hey American Guardian! Guess what??? I'm gonna start a class action because I know there are a lot of people out there that are not getting what they should for a cancellation. We paid our money up front - not our problem that you do business with idiots that can't stay in business!!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2014

I'm so angry at this ** company now, have to let it out. The company caught me right before a meeting, I was in a rush and wasn't aware of what this is about. They said it's mandatory, that is required by some department. The salesman just kept talking constantly and would not let me get off the call. I said "I'm in a rush, I DO NOT want to make decision at this time." They said they can't call back and won't let me call back (WHAT THE **??). Unfortunately I didn't have time to think it through since I'm in a rush.

Anyway, they wasted 30 mins of my time, lied and provided ambiguous statement, trapped me into this **. They made it sounds like it's important and FORCED me to sign up for it. Right, I also mentioned why it's so expensive. The guys said "you got an expensive car, what do you think? " I just want to kick him in the face. I'm trying to cancel it now. No matter how hard it is, I'll make sure this is off. (They already started direct me around, wait on call, wait for manager, etc.). DON'T EVER DEAL WITH THIS ** COMPANY!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2014

We bought the 2 year warranty wheelz in February. The dealership would not let us cancel it after we bought it like that day. We had it in contract it would cover parts. 6 parts went bad on our vehicle that went bad they would not cover it. It was even in writing. So I said I wanted to cancel they told me I had to go the dealership, we went there signed cancelled faxed. They said wait 2 weeks. 2 weeks are gone now we called wheelz they said they didn't get anything. There are so many cancelled warranties they had to shut down the cancelled department, really?

Original review: June 3, 2014

If you read the contract, you assume you have 24/7 coverage. But try and call after 5 pm and see what happens. They have hours of 8 am to 5 pm...DAH, people break down and need help 24/7... My a/c went out, in Vegas it's already 100 degrees out and the kids go to baseball and the wife to the DR. If it isn't during business hours, this company will not help you. I fixed the problem myself for 110$ and when I called on Monday to find out how to get the cost of the parts reimbursed, the guy told me no way and they were not going to give anything back. I told him I would go ahead and cancel and he laughed and said he didn't care one way or the other, totally rude and angry and then he hung up on me. I called the cancellation department just to be told and in a demeaning way that the cancellation department didn't cancel any contracts, they tell you to go back to the Dealer and have them cancel it.

Needless to say, I was p___ed off big time. If anyone is ever going to buy anything, DO NOT, DO NOT ever buy an extended warranty. Do not let anyone that you know or even a common stranger buy this warranty, it goes by many names, WHEELZ - AGW - AUG and many other names. Save your 3,000$ and when your car breaks, just fix it without all the hassle of these dumb a__s. These warranties are a joke, not worth the paper they are written on. If you pay all this money stemming from the wording in the brochure, you will be tricked into falsehood. Go to their own website, do you see any type of help on there, just a generic web site that leads to nowhere. It says contact us, I dare you to be so foolish and think that they will reply. DON'T BUY THIS GARBAGE.

Original review: May 8, 2014

I was contacted and persuaded to sign up for the Gold package for my 2011 Town and Country. After reading reviews here, at Consumer reports, and the contract when it arrived, I called to cancel the warranty. As expected, the sales pitch continued through the person who answered the phone. Deflecting every complaint I had and refuting their own contract! "He had never seen that happen" for each comment I had directly related to potential contract issues. When he could not change my mind, I got passed on to a "hard closer". He lied about recalls on my vehicle. Tried every tactic to get me to keep my policy. After 50 minutes on the phone, I had to get rude and demand my refund, period. You can get a full refund within 30 days, but you sure have to fight to get it!!!

Original review: May 6, 2014

Their definition of a "commercial" vehicle is putting anything "personal" in your vehicle and driving it to work. They will then deny your claims based on this policy. So under their policy there is no such thing as a personal vehicle. So they will take your money then deny your claims as well as put you in financial and physical danger.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2014

Vehicle Platinum Warranty Extension - Received the mass mail letter telling me my warranty has expired. Spent a long time probing these guys who kept bringing in another more senior guy who had authority to offer me the best deal, IF I agreed to make a decision on the call. Warning #1. Pressure to close the deal or they won't be able to offer it to me again. Told them I wanted read reviews and they said they would be happy to direct me to reviews. Warning #2. Do your own research because all the reviews spell this is not what they are promising. Warning #3 - I asked for Guardian's website and they told me they didn't have one! Really? Beware!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2014

Seems they can fix anything with the $50.00 copay first. Yeah right, So I thought. First it was our electric dryer. The company sent out a repairman, he ordered parts and two weeks later came back with the parts. The dryer ran well for two days then it happened again. Two weeks later, the repair company shows up again with the same parts and did the install. Three days later it breaks again! Two weeks later the same tech shows up with the same parts. I told him to get lost because all the parts they installed, belts new inner tumble and other miscellaneous parts just kept failing. I went out and bought a new dryer and got it installed the same day.

Next went my gas hot water heater. A company came out the same day and installed a new one. I was working with one lady on the phone and before they installed the water heater, she wanted an estimate. $1100.00 was the estimate. She said okay, let them do the work, that price seems just fine. The work gets done and AHG calls me two weeks later and says, we owe $668 for the install. Total shock! I could have got one installed by Home Depot cheaper. I even offered to that scoundrel manager "tell them to come uninstall it". Except that would cost me also, $200.00. So I'm fired up all mad at the company and call to cancel my account with them.

THEY WANT IT IN WRITING. Why? Because that's how the manager request it. People stay away form these home warranty scams. I had another home warranty company before them and they did the same thing to me when it came to replacing our central air conditioner. They wouldn't pay for the complete job. I told them to also pack sand and I guess I didn't learn very well.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2014

I received a notice in the mail that the extended warranty on my vehicle was expiring and to call IMMEDIATELY!!! I thought it sounded odd that my warranty was expiring so soon, but called anyway..... The rep asked me for the VIN # and my mileage?? I said I would call back when I got the info, but the rep kept telling me he would hold while I got the info..... He stated he had all the time in the world because he gets paid hourly. I told him the notice I received should have indicated that this info would be needed (I already knew by this time my warranty WAS NOT EXPIRED). Just to be sure, I called my dealer and sure enough, my warranty was good thru 2018!!!! I called Guardian back and got another rep, and told him that my warranty was not expired and Guardian was not even who I currently have my warranty with. I also told him that their notices they send out are misleading and in my opinion are just a scam to get money from people! He got a bit hot under the collar but oh well, I'm retired and question everything!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2014

Purchase a warranty from Wheelz and thinking if anything goes wrong that I am covered. WRONG. I took it to the dealership to get diagnosed for the ticking sound in the engine and first the say they can't tell what it is until they break the engine down, which would be $1600 just to break down the engine. Then I made an appointment to see if they could find what it was by breaking it down and the dealership called me and told me that they sent a scope into the engine to find out that it was rocker shaft and whatever else that's causing my engine not to be getting oil. And they told me that Wheelz said that this is not covered. Well what is covered? Not understanding this warranty co. I DO NOT recommend this company because they are SCAM! Haven't heard anything GOOD about this place! Need a Class Action LAWsuit!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2013

I bought an older model vehicle (2005) and it had high miles. At the time of the closing, the loan officer offered and extended warranty. I was told this would cover the powertrain for 3 years or 36K miles. Now mind you I did not become leary in any way because I was purchasing from a very reputable dealer with a very good history. Of course I bought the warranty since it is an older model vehicle with high miles. In my mind, spending $2500 for this extended warranty was worth it. Well to my surprise... 6 months after purchasing this vehicle, the transmission slipped. We were not happy but felt secure because we had the extended warranty through Wheelz.

Called in the claim to the company and they instructed us to take it to the repair shop and have the transmission broke down to determine the cause of the problem. We did exactly as we were instructed, still feeling pretty secure about the warranty. Well wouldn't you know when the rep from American Guardian/Wheelz went to the repair shop and inspected the transmission, they determined that the damaged was caused by wear and tear. Well we figured as much since this is an older vehicle with high miles. They denied the claim stating we did not have the optional coverage on the warranty that covered wear and tear! I am furious at this point and called Wheelz for an explanation.

I spoke with some supervisor and he tried to explain how the warranty would not cover any wear and tear damage. I asked him why this was not explained initially and he stated, "It was not explained to me because of the mileage on the vehicle... it would not have been offered and as additional option"! I asked him, "Why would I pay your company $2500 for a product that I could never use?” He was really defensive at this point (assuming he has this conversation on a daily basis with other people they have swindled) and went on to explain that it would cover certain parts if they broke.

What a bunch of crap! Needless to say, I cancelled the warranty and I am filing a complaint on every review board that I can find. I will also file a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General. I don’t understand how this can be legal. Do not, under any circumstance, purchase an extended warranty from AAGI or Wheelz!!! You will be better off just taking your hard earned money and throwing it into an open fire. I will never ever purchase another vehicle from Lockhart Cadillac in Fishers IN. The only reason why is because they risk their good name by associating with this horrible company. If they stop doing business with them, I may reconsider since they are a good car dealership. Stay away from AAGI/Wheelz! I can't wait for the class action lawsuit against them! I know it is coming... just a matter of time!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2013

I purchased a 2005 Chevy 4 Wheel Drive Truck a year and a half ago. The truck had 83000 miles on it when I purchased it and I have put only 9000 miles (all of which were interstate) on it since I purchased it. The truck was fully checked out by the Chevy dealership and I always have my vehicles serviced at a second Chevy dealership near my house. I had the most senior transmission specialist with 30+ years transmission repair experience take a look at the truck and he determined the transmission needed replaced. The 2nd and 4th gear bind had malfunctioned preventing the truck from shifting into those gears. The Chevy service department contacted Wheelz to let them know I needed to have a new transmission installed in the truck. Wheelz insisted the transmission had to be fully removed from the truck and unassembled so they could send their adjuster out to confirm the transmission was bad.

A week later, the adjuster arrived at the service department and within a short period of time that day, I was notified by the local service department that Wheelz had denied my claim. I contacted Wheelz to discuss the issue and they quickly told me it was normal wear and tear and not covered by my Premium plan. They said it was my fault it wasn't covered that I should've purchased the add on which was normal wear and tear. Let's be real here. I drove the truck less than 9000 miles from the date of purchase so basically using their logic nothing on the truck will ever be covered. I paid $2000 for this warranty and their justification was because the ball, valve and clutch showed signs of wear and tear, they wouldn't cover it. It is an automatic transmission truck and was previously checked by two Chevy dealers. This is the biggest rip off.

This is the first extended warranty I have ever bought and I only purchased it because the truck had more miles than I liked when I purchased it. If this is the case, then either Dan Cummins should have never sold the warranty knowing it wouldn't cover anything on the truck or Wheelz should step up and actually do what is right. There is no way this is not mechanical damage. I have contacted both Dan Cummins and the dealership today to get all necessary paperwork in order. I have requested statement from the transmission tech and am in the process of obtaining a lawyer. I have contacted Wheelz requesting the adjuster's report and will be shocked if I get it. I have the original contract signed luckily. The truck has been at the service department for one week and unless I pay $3000 for repairs, it will continue to set there.

I will refer the attorney I contact to this site and would find it odd if the cases listed here are the only rip offs from this company. This appears to be a case for a lawyer to represent a large number of citizens against a corrupt AGWS. I understand nobody wants to pay out this amount of money but nobody wants to be taken advantage of and when you pay for warranties you are paying for peace of mind that you aren't getting. Hopefully the dealerships and attorneys can convince Wheelz to do the right thing. If not, I will continue to push Dan Cummins to stop selling their warranty. If Wheelz is not willing to stand by their customers, they should not get that extra income.

Please post if you have lawsuits or outcomes for those of us who are just beginning the fight.

American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc response

This post has been entered under the wrong company name. The company that sell the Wheelz product is American Auto Guardian NOT American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc. (AGWS) We are in no way connected to or affiliated to the American Auto Guardian so the posting is listed in the wrong place

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

I purchased this warranty through Auto Assure LLC. I was sold the Platinum level coverage. They never disclosed that I would be dealing with another company (American Guardian). The products and service of this warranty were sold to me as being equal to the factory warranty, providing bumper to bumper coverage with $100.00 deductible. I drive a 2008 Mercedes GL 320CDI, which roughly 53K miles, and the factory warranty has long expired. I was told that the parts to be used were official Mercedes Benz new factory parts. It was never disclosed to me during the sale that they would have the option of using refurbished, used, or rebuilt parts.

I received the warranty ID card and package about eight weeks after the sale was already made. I took my car in for repairs to the steering rack assembly. The repair work was done at Auto Centro, located at 7420 Westmore Rd, Rockville, MD 20850, phone number (301) 340-2444. Not only did they refuse to pay for the new part, but also were trying to get out paying the full amount of the actual labor cost. The actual labor cost was for 6.9 hours. They were trying to pay up to a maximum of 4 hours. The shop owner got involved with much bickering and negotiations. American Guardian agreed to pay for 6 hours. I was without a vehicle for four days. They refused to pay for the car rental I was entitled to.

This policy was sold to me clearly through hook and crook under false pretenses. I was stuck with a bill for $620 dollars, in addition to being without a car for four days. I was clearly taken advantage with the sale of this warranty. These warranty companies are legally obligated under the law to disclosed all terms and conditions before the sale, not two months after the sale. And if I have to deal with another company, that should be disclosed as well.

I have filed this complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and the Better Business Bureau. I was advised by folks at the FTC and BBB to also file a complaint directly with American Guardian, which I have done today 08-29-2013. I have demand that they pay me an additional $580.00, which cover the original repair agreement and car rental that was sold to me in the first place. I visited both website Auto Assure LLC and American Guardian. There is absolutely no pertinent information regrading accurate terms and conditions. Nothing about how repairs would be done, and what parts would be used.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2013

I read on here that they have resolved my issue with them. This couldn't be farther from the truth... They are not honoring their warranty and will not fix my vehicle. I have sought legal counsel against them. I am not paying them any longer, so therefore they can cancel my contract. They are VERY UNTRUSTWORTHY!!!! Please DO NOT PURCHASE from them. They DO NOT HONOR their warranties. They are a TOTAL SCAM.

Original review: July 30, 2013

I purchased a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee in October of 2008 and also the extended warranty through American Guardian. This past May 2013 I heard a ticking sound coming from the engine. I took it to my mechanic and he told me that it was a bad piston. I then realized that it was covered under my warranty so I thought. So we contacted American Guardian. They sent out their inspector after about 3 weeks of calling and leaving message after message with NO return call - they finally came out. Their inspector agreed with my mechanic that it was a bad piston. American Guardian then wanted them to take apart the engine to see the part I agreed (cost me 620 dollars right there) but I was confident that it would be taken care of. American Guardian then asked for pictures of the bad pistons. They saw the bad pistons and asked for the maintenance records/oil changes. I supplied them 2011-current records.

A week and half went by with no call from American Guardian. I then called to see what the status was and they said I need to send records from 2009-2010. I was nice and said will do. After sending them 2009 they denied my claim again. When I asked why they asked me how I paid for the oil changes I said with cash and they said, "You need to prove it." Now how can I prove something like that? Other than giving them the receipts which I did and still they denied the claim. It’s been excuse after excuse after excuse with this company. I’m currently taking legal action against American Guardian. I HIGHLY recommend not purchasing a warranty from this ** of a company.

Original review: July 23, 2013

I am very angry at what has happened with this company. I am taking legal action against them. My parents (79 and 75) purchased a warranty from them, for the second time, not using the first one, on a 2005 Dodge Dakota. The second time around, the engine light and temperature light came on and they took it to the local Dodge dealer. They ran diagnostics and with the computer codes figured out that it was the valve body in the transmission that was bad. The truck transmission has had noticeable slipping and DID not do well in reverse. The vehicle was brought to the dealer on June 12. The warranty company's "technician" who apparently has no mechanical knowledge, as I was told by the warranty company supervisor, said that after seeing the valve body, that was meticulously taken out of the vehicle for him to inspect, showed no obvious signs of failure, so therefore they are refusing to fix it. The truck had been at the dealer for 6 weeks while they decided this. This company is ripping off elderly people on fixed incomes, one of which is a decorated, retired Korean war veteran. Do not ever buy anything from this company ever!!!...They are nothing but scam artists.

Original review: June 10, 2013

I purchased a 2003 Infiniti FX35 in July 2012. The vehicle checked out to be in very good running condition according to Berman Infiniti's diagnostic machine. The air conditioner worked fine during the warm weather months, but as soon as cold weather hit, the heat didn't work and blew only cold air. Currently, it is June 10, 2013 and my vehicle has been in the repair shop continuously since March 5, 2013! This warranty company has tried every angle to attempt to deny this claim. As of this writing, there hasn't been a decision made. The repair shop diagnosed the problem as a bad gasket. The head is fine though. This warranty company has demanded I turnover maintenance records, bill of sale, current registration and that the repair shop completely tear down the engine.

Now the warranty company has already sent two inspectors on two separate visits to the repair shop to inspect the engine. They are trying everything possible to deny the claim. I'm exhausted and angry at this point. The only reason I've given this company one star is because they do consistently answer the phone and give me a song and dance. Otherwise, they suck big time. Save your money. Buy elsewhere!

Original review: April 9, 2013

I purchased a 2002 Honda Accord from a used car dealership in April 2010. My mechanic warned me that older Honda’s have been known for transmission issues, so I purchased an extended used car warranty through AAGI/Wheelz for 3 years/36,000 miles. I even had my trusted mechanic review the contract before I bought IT or the car to make sure all the necessary parts were covered. Check. Well, shortly before my warranty expired (lucky me, or so I thought), I started having some problems.

My mechanic said it was the transmission and that the first gear clutch pack was burnt to a crisp, most likely due to a fracture in the drum and some other things. AAGI took forever to send their inspector out and quickly called the shop, saying that the damage was due to wear and tear and not an actual mechanical breakdown or hard part failure, and that I didn’t have wear and tear coverage. I was disgusted, as any car that isn't brand new and sitting in the showroom is going to have wear and tear. So if they were going to use that angle, they could deny any claim for repairs for any car for any reason, and say it was caused by wear and tear (if you didn’t or couldn't purchase that additional coverage).

My mechanic, who has years and years of experience with transmissions as well as dealing with these warranty companies was shocked, saying he has never had another company try to pull this level of underhandedness. When I tried calling the company, they were rude and mean, and finally after going to a supervisor, they sent another inspector to get a second opinion. Supervisor claimed that the second inspector had no knowledge of the report/findings from the first inspector which I don't believe for a second. But the second inspector came out and apparently came to the same conclusion that this was wear and tear due to time and mileage.

Apparently, the mechanic's finding of a cracked drum (which would meet their hard part failure requirement) was not sufficiently demonstrated to the inspectors, so they conveniently left it out of their reports. Bringing this up to a supervisor at AAGI, he was again mean and unwilling to listen or try to help in any way. So they refused to pay even one red cent for repairs. Now, I have a $2,500 bill instead of a $250 deductible only and all I have spent hours on the phone with the auto shop and the warranty company, causing so many tears, frustration, anger, high blood pressure and despair. Please, please don't ever purchase anything from this company (AAGI/Wheelz/AGWS)! Based on my experience and reading all the previous complaints, it seems they have shady, unethical practices and do everything they can to avoid having to pay for repairs that should, per the contract, be covered. This feels criminal to me. This feels fraudulent to me.

I will be calling L&S Auto where I bought the car and policy and beg them to stop selling anything from this company! I encourage anyone else to do the same. Stay as far away from AGWS/AAGI as you can! I will be filing complaints with the BBB (although they aren't BBB registered. Hmm, I wonder why not?!) and will be contacting a lawyer to file a civil suit next.

American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc response

This review should not be under our company name of American Guardian Warranty Services Inc as the customer has a contract with AAGI (which is American Auto Guardian Inc- which is in no way a part of our company or connected to American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc.(AGWS)

Original review: Feb. 26, 2013

The check engine light came on and the dealership recommends parts which literally says on the brochure as covered. The warranty guy says they won't pay due to cause of "normal wear." He actually told me that "driving it" was normal wear. I can't see them ever reimbursing anything. They will make any excuse not to pay!

Original review: June 7, 2012

I bought an extended warranty "Platinum" coverage from American Guardian "Compass Protection Plan" for $1,899 for my 2007 Ford Explorer. The check engine light came on a while back and the dealer wanted near empty tank to smoke test it. Delay did occur, but I took it back and was told that the evap tube had a crack in it and the solenoid will not close. The claim was denied because the part (tube) is made of plastic. If metal, it would have been covered. The rep at the insurance I contacted stated it was denied because there was dirt in the tube, which clogged the solenoid. He doesn't know if the dirt caused the problem or the crack caused, by unknown reason, allowed dirt to enter.

They stated it is not covered as hoses and belts are not covered. What about the solenoid? Well the dirt that entered caused that and therefore the claim was denied. The cost to diagnose the problem is $121.85, estimate for repairs $750, in addition to diagnosis costs. This is not right. Consumers buy extended warranties to protect themselves against this type of thing, not to get ripped off.

Original review: June 7, 2012

I purchased the Wheelz Warranty through American Auto Guardian through the dealer I bought my car from. Within the first year I had transmission problems due to an internal failure. The warranty company took a week to come out to the dealer and when they came out; they simply denied my claim saying "it was poorly lubricated" even though the adjuster saw that the transmission was full of fluid. And also, he would not listen to what the service tech was saying.

Another week goes by and we got them to send another adjuster out and he says right away that it will be covered and that the other adjuster should never have denied the claim. The warranty company had insisted on finding a used transmission that they would send to the dealer to install. After three weeks of their dragging this repair out, they call me and say that they will only cover 7 days of my rental, even though the delays were on them. When I called back to them to try and work this out they were downright rude to me, expressing very poor customer service. I ended up having to pay 19 days of rental due to their delays, and lack of being able to help their customer.

After talking to a manager there, his response was that this is my problem and on me. This warranty company sucks, their service sucks, and I would strongly recommend finding another warranty company if you need one. They are not willing to work for their customers or even talk to them in a respectful manner. There are plenty of warranty companies out there to deal with that are so much better. Just don’t use this one.

Original review: March 22, 2012

There is a place out of Dell City that financed my vehicle and stated the only way that they would give the loan was if I purchased the warranty through Guardian. What a mistake. As I traded in the vehicle, Finance Point told me I would get back the whole refund minus $50.00 and that is what Guardian warranty told me as well.

I cancelled the warranty prior to 6 months, and the lady at Finance Point in Dell City used the date of the trade in, so it shortened my term and tried to say that the dealer never sent the paperwork of cancellation. I called the dealer, and they stated that they sent it. But it was funny how an agent at Finance Point told me it was there but the lady Sherry stated she never received it.

So I went back to the dealer, got paperwork, and faxed back in because I paid $1600.00 for the warranty and received $600.00. And I never used the warranty before, and it was cancelled prior to six months to receive what they told me! To top it all off, you call this warranty company, and they can't give information about your warranty and said to contact the finance company!

Well, the lady at Finance Point, Sherry, has no clue what was going on and wondered why people are frustrated. Well, when you purchase a warranty and want to know the terms and conditions and the two companies have no clue, then there is a problem. How in the world can you purchase something for so much money and nobody can tell you what you have purchased? Exactly!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2011

I purchased an RV and a three year extended warranty from American Guardian. I have had the vehicle for about 15 months, during which their service was terrible. I've only had two valid claims. I finally got restitution on the first claim, and the second paid $600 of a $1,500 claim, but only after much complaining. I sold the RV after 15 months, and filed for reimbursement for the remaining premium. When they reimbursed me (three months later), they withheld the $800 that had been paid on valid claims. They said they could withhold paid claims, if the policy did not run a full term. In other words, they take your money for insurance, but you get no coverage if the policy does not run a full term.

This is not industry policy. When I tried to get and answer why, the lady I was talking to lied about the withholding, and I only got a straight answer after talking to the agent,whom I bought the policy from. He said it was a rip off too. I got a threatening letter from their attorney, when I informed them I was planning to file a Deceptive Trade Practice suit for treble damages. They have ignored three requests for arbitration, that is called for in their contract.

American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc Company Information