American Guardian Warranty Services Inc.

American Guardian Warranty Services Inc.
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.06/5

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

American Guardian is an extended auto warranty company. In addition to covering cars, American Guardian offers warranties for recreational vehicles, powersports vehicles, marine vehicles and medium- and heavy-duty trucks and buses. All warranties from American Guardian are transferable.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

American Guardian Warranty Services Inc. Reviews

Original review: July 12, 2016

Horrible service for roadside and tire replacement. We had a blow out on our 5th wheel camper while traveling to Nebraska. I called the customer service line and was advised that they had no record of a policy for me. I gave them the policy number, my name, my phone number and nothing. I called our RV dealer and he was able to look up our policy with no problem. Called the customer service line again to no avail. I got frustrated and called the roadside from our insurance company so I could get my family off the highway sooner rather than later.

I called customer service back and asked how to make a claim when I got somewhere to get a new tire. We were vacationing in a small town in Nebraska with only 1 tire shop. They did not want to deal with a warranty company and advised that I would have to take it up with the warranty company later. I called the warranty company and advised them that the tire shop did not want to deal with them. They stated I would have to file the claim when I got home, that I would need pictures of the tire, an invoice and a receipt.

On our way home we had the treads completely separate from another tire. This one did not blow out thank goodness. I called the warranty company again and again they could not find record of us having a policy. Again I did not bother arguing with them as a good samaritan stopped to help us out. Upon returning home I called the warranty company to get the form I needed to file the claim. They advised me that I needed to send pictures, the receipt and the invoice from the tire shop via USPS. I asked why I couldn't email them in and they stated that because I did not have pre authorization for the replacement, I had to mail it in. Seriously, in today's world of technology I had to send this in by snail mail. I sent everything as requested.

I took the other tire into our local dealer who was willing to work with the warranty company for this replacement. He talked to them then told me he had to take a few pictures and fill out a form to EMAIL back to them. It took several days for the warranty company to finally decide that they would cover a portion of the replacement. I followed up with the warranty company about a week after I sent the first claim in and was advised that they were denying my claim because it was not preauthorized. I asked what I was suppose to do since the tire shop would not talk to them and they stated I should have gone to another shop, which was over 50 miles away. Needless to say I am in the process of cancelling this policy. Then again, they will probably deny my cancellation because they won't be able to find me in their system.

Original review: July 6, 2016

We purchased an RV from La Mesa RV in Sanford, FL in April 2015. At that time, we also were sold a 3 year "platinum" extended warranty from American Guardian Warranty Services for well over $7692.50! We have tried to place small claims 7 times for a total of $1993, and every time our claim has been denied completely. We are now filing our 8th claim; this time it will be paid, but at a significantly reduced reimbursement. The claim that the labor hours are too many for the work; they have completely disregarded the repair shop's (the Western Region Service Center for Cummins) estimate for labor and will only reimburse the hours they think it should take, based on THEIR estimate.

We called Freightliner to see what they it should take, and they said it completely depends on the access in each RV and could take that long or longer. AGW has completely disregarded the input from the repair shop which had just done a similar job; our job requires the complete removal of the radiator and other parts just to get to the part to be replaced; a very labor intensive repair. So, we get a less than satisfactory result again! This time we are only reimbursed for $2960 on a $3996 invoice or only 74% of the actual bill! We are out over $1000 in addition to the $1993 previously denied. This warranty is a SCAM. They do NOT pay out legitimate claims and find every means to reduce or deny legitimate reimbursement or payment. LA Mesa said it was an excellent extended warranty and sold it to us with false claims. I bet they get a hefty commission for each sale!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

I received a notice from this company that my extended factory policy had expired. Upon calling, they indicated to continue coverage would be $4,000.00. They had a long list of items that could fail on my vehicle. I agreed to the policy with the understanding that I could cancel in 30 days. I called back a week later to cancel and was put through a very "hard sell" process with two different people. I finally stopped answering their questions and simply stated each time "I want to cancel my policy". As a closing remark, the agent said "well since you are independently wealthy and can cover your car repair, I will cancel your policy". I am glad not to be associated with this company.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

Received the separate unsolicited mailings from this company over the last 6 months trying to sell me a warranty on my vehicle. Each time I called to get my name and address removed from their list. They ignore all requests even though they said they would. I received another one on 10/29, called on 10/30 was told they would remove me but I should just ignore them and toss it in the trash. These companies are scams and harassers.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

Terrible service with a road hazard tire warranty claim. I called to file a claim regarding a road hazard that cut the sidewall on a tire. I was advised to have the repair shop call. I had the repair shop call and then they wanted pictures. They never did provide an email address for pictures to be sent. They stated "fax them." Well in today's world not many people even have fax machines with computers and scanners. Still didn't even have an adjustor or a claim number. Every time you talk to them you get a different answer. Finally got a claim number. In the meantime I told shop to proceed with new tire regardless of what they were going to do.

Finally got it fixed, sent them the paid receipt and copy of check. They then stated that it wasn't enough proof that the bill had been paid and directed me to go to the bank and get a copy of the check--both front and back. Nothing like basically being called a liar!!! It is now over a month later and I am now waiting to see what next excuse is. Have seen these type of scams before. Make it so difficult people just say "screw it and drop it." Can you imagine trying to do all this if I was on the road some place? Luckily I was home. I guess if I had paid cash they wouldn't have did anything since a paid work order from the shop isn't enough. I intend on filing a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's Office as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2015

The absolute absurdity of this company. I purchased an '07 Hino box truck with a full warranty (knowing the truck would need it). I've driven this truck 4 months out of the entire year due to unwarranted repairs. Now the turbo goes out. I'm sorry, a $200 chip inside the turbo goes out, and this company won't cover the piece. They claim to cover the turbo itself, (as the warranty states) but not the chip on the inside of the turbo. I am being forced to pay $5000 for a turbo, so that they can get the $200 chip replaced. When contacting the company, they completely talked me into circles to avoid the fact that my paperwork says "turbo and components". I'm at a complete loss of words over this. My warranty is soon up and I will never have one through this company again. Complete robbery!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2015

They'll be happy to sell you a plan, but best of luck getting anything more than 10 cents out of these bastards. I work at a dealership and attempted to get a fully-justified repair done on an elderly gentleman's vehicle. We diagnosed a fault in both of the Blind Spot Sensor Modules. They claimed "corrosion" on a plastic part and denied the claim. Be warned, the "Not Covered" provision is vague enough to cover anything.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

We had a problem with our 2011 Monaco Knight last month. One of the slide cables broke and only one-half of the slide would move in or out. This is a very long slide that also has a residential refrigerator. Called Monaco and they said they were a month or more out, but we could call Quality RV in Springfield Oregon to have the work done. When we arrived the repairmen tore into it right away trying to find the problem. Both cables were broken and had to be replaced. Also the adjustment coupler bolts were replaced. After the new cables were replaced the slide would not come in completely. It seemed that the box was pushed to the rear by one inch. The repairmen had to jack up each side so they could push the box back into the correct position. Then they could adjust the cables so that the box would close.

As this slide moves in and out, the adjustment couplers move next to each other. If they collide, they hit each other making a loud noise and stop the travel. This is what happened in the first place and caused the coupler and cable to hit and break. I asked the repairmen if it was going to happen again and they said yes. I told them to add a thin piece of plywood between the two couplers to prevent this from happening again. They did and it seems to have worked. Problem is that the warranty company, American Guardian, will only pay for the cables plus 4 hours labor time and not the adjustment or correcting the centering of the box. The total bill was about $1200 and AG only paid $320. What a deal that was.

It's been week since I complained to the company I bought the motorhome from. Yesterday they called me and said they had a surprise for me. The warranty company was going to pay me another $300. Didn't happen. So now they are going to be paying less than half the total repair cost. How about that? Half? I bought a policy that stated they would pay for repairs, minus the deductible of $100. I didn't buy one that said they would pay only half the cost. This is shut up money. Pay the policy owner only what they can get away with. Unless they pay everything, I'm out. I cancelled the policy, but after they said they were going to send me $300. They now say they're not sending me the money because I cancelled.

Original review: July 27, 2015

Fraud. There are other companies that have been using the exact same template to take advantage of my 80-year old mother. The first time my mom was taken for a $395 down payment on an extended car warranty by a Limited Liability Corp. called "CARTECTION." They sold her an extended 4-year warranty that she already had from her car dealer. After contacting her dealer she was informed that there were a number of customers who had been taken by another company that called themselves GUARDIAN LLC. They took my mom again this time for $126 and we were told in order to get our refund they would need to prorate our refund based on how many miles she had driven. In writing to boot. WE ARE GOING AFTER THEM!!! Will update soon.

Original review: July 14, 2015

What a horrible experience. I called to inquire about extending coverage on our 2009 extra car, they wanted $4,000 for five years. I declined. He kept arguing with my decision. I hung up. He called me back and told me I was RUDE. Nasty Pushy!

American Guardian Warranty Services Inc. Company Information