Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.06/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

97 American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

Terrible service with a road hazard tire warranty claim. I called to file a claim regarding a road hazard that cut the sidewall on a tire. I was advised to have the repair shop call. I had the repair shop call and then they wanted pictures. They never did provide an email address for pictures to be sent. They stated "fax them." Well in today's world not many people even have fax machines with computers and scanners. Still didn't even have an adjustor or a claim number. Every time you talk to them you get a different answer. Finally got a claim number. In the meantime I told shop to proceed with new tire regardless of what they were going to do.

Finally got it fixed, sent them the paid receipt and copy of check. They then stated that it wasn't enough proof that the bill had been paid and directed me to go to the bank and get a copy of the check--both front and back. Nothing like basically being called a liar!!! It is now over a month later and I am now waiting to see what next excuse is. Have seen these type of scams before. Make it so difficult people just say "screw it and drop it." Can you imagine trying to do all this if I was on the road some place? Luckily I was home. I guess if I had paid cash they wouldn't have did anything since a paid work order from the shop isn't enough. I intend on filing a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's Office as well.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2015

The absolute absurdity of this company. I purchased an '07 Hino box truck with a full warranty (knowing the truck would need it). I've driven this truck 4 months out of the entire year due to unwarranted repairs. Now the turbo goes out. I'm sorry, a $200 chip inside the turbo goes out, and this company won't cover the piece. They claim to cover the turbo itself, (as the warranty states) but not the chip on the inside of the turbo. I am being forced to pay $5000 for a turbo, so that they can get the $200 chip replaced. When contacting the company, they completely talked me into circles to avoid the fact that my paperwork says "turbo and components". I'm at a complete loss of words over this. My warranty is soon up and I will never have one through this company again. Complete robbery!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2015

They'll be happy to sell you a plan, but best of luck getting anything more than 10 cents out of these bastards. I work at a dealership and attempted to get a fully-justified repair done on an elderly gentleman's vehicle. We diagnosed a fault in both of the Blind Spot Sensor Modules. They claimed "corrosion" on a plastic part and denied the claim. Be warned, the "Not Covered" provision is vague enough to cover anything.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

We had a problem with our 2011 Monaco Knight last month. One of the slide cables broke and only one-half of the slide would move in or out. This is a very long slide that also has a residential refrigerator. Called Monaco and they said they were a month or more out, but we could call Quality RV in Springfield Oregon to have the work done. When we arrived the repairmen tore into it right away trying to find the problem. Both cables were broken and had to be replaced. Also the adjustment coupler bolts were replaced. After the new cables were replaced the slide would not come in completely. It seemed that the box was pushed to the rear by one inch. The repairmen had to jack up each side so they could push the box back into the correct position. Then they could adjust the cables so that the box would close.

As this slide moves in and out, the adjustment couplers move next to each other. If they collide, they hit each other making a loud noise and stop the travel. This is what happened in the first place and caused the coupler and cable to hit and break. I asked the repairmen if it was going to happen again and they said yes. I told them to add a thin piece of plywood between the two couplers to prevent this from happening again. They did and it seems to have worked. Problem is that the warranty company, American Guardian, will only pay for the cables plus 4 hours labor time and not the adjustment or correcting the centering of the box. The total bill was about $1200 and AG only paid $320. What a deal that was.

It's been week since I complained to the company I bought the motorhome from. Yesterday they called me and said they had a surprise for me. The warranty company was going to pay me another $300. Didn't happen. So now they are going to be paying less than half the total repair cost. How about that? Half? I bought a policy that stated they would pay for repairs, minus the deductible of $100. I didn't buy one that said they would pay only half the cost. This is shut up money. Pay the policy owner only what they can get away with. Unless they pay everything, I'm out. I cancelled the policy, but after they said they were going to send me $300. They now say they're not sending me the money because I cancelled.

Original review: July 27, 2015

Fraud. There are other companies that have been using the exact same template to take advantage of my 80-year old mother. The first time my mom was taken for a $395 down payment on an extended car warranty by a Limited Liability Corp. called "CARTECTION." They sold her an extended 4-year warranty that she already had from her car dealer. After contacting her dealer she was informed that there were a number of customers who had been taken by another company that called themselves GUARDIAN LLC. They took my mom again this time for $126 and we were told in order to get our refund they would need to prorate our refund based on how many miles she had driven. In writing to boot. WE ARE GOING AFTER THEM!!! Will update soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc?

Original review: July 14, 2015

What a horrible experience. I called to inquire about extending coverage on our 2009 extra car, they wanted $4,000 for five years. I declined. He kept arguing with my decision. I hung up. He called me back and told me I was RUDE. Nasty Pushy!

Original review: July 11, 2015

I live in Los Angeles CA. I made a call to Guardian to see what they could offer. After I politely listened to Reggie's speech, I told him it was not what I was looking for and thanked him for his time. He became semi hostile asking me all sorts of questions as to why I wasn't interested. He made a comment as to my line of work, of which he had no idea what I did for a living. I explained I have been a police officer since January 1981 (which is true - have been a detective for many years). He kept interrupting me when I would try to speak. I told him I was going to hang up if he continued to interrupt.

Well to make a long story short, I did hang up on him. Believe it or not he called back and was very angry and ticked off. I informed him he was in violation of California law (Penal Code 653.M, "Annoying or threatening phone calls"). He said he didn't care. Had to hang up on him again. I then called the 800 number and made a complaint against Reggie. What kind of freak show is that business!

Original review: June 23, 2015

My vehicle 2009 Chevy Silverado has been at Mike Anderson Chevy for almost a month now, with little or no response from AGWS to authorize repair of the vehicle. The dealership has made several attempts to contact them...I continue to contact them (they have a really good voice mail system), with no results. This vehicle was in the shop approximately two months ago and it was recommended to AGWS that along with some other work, they needed to replace the lifters. An inspector came out and said it did not need to be done. A month later it's back at the shop for the same reason. And now, because the lifters were not replaced, the cam shaft is damaged and it need a new engine.

The reality is that they did not want to pay for the work the first time. It was expensive. So now the car has been at the shop for almost a month. Why would it take one of their inspectors weeks to come to see the vehicle? Me and the dealership have got nothing but the runaround from AGWS. They were sent the final determination yesterday. The dealership has left two messages...I have left one. Still no response. I will be sure to get on EVERY social media outlet to let people know how BAD this company is. In the meantime, still no response from AGWS. My next call is the dealership where I bought the vehicle and warranty. They need to know to find a different warranty company. I would give you an order number but I can't get a hold of anyone at AGWS!

Original review: June 4, 2015

I have had my 5th wheel for 2 years now. It is 15 years old; that's why I bought the warranty. A couple of weeks ago, it needed repairs. I called the company and they said it would all be cover. They didn't even pick up the transfer from storage to repair shop! They have always taken care of this before; now I'm stuck with a $1400 bill. I am filing this complaint because I wouldn't want other people to be scammed like I was with this company. Like I said, they were always good about taking care of my repairs without me paying a penny. Then this happened. I am on a fixed income and now I have to dip into my savings because of their non-commitment to warranty my 5th wheel.

Original review: May 29, 2015

DO NOT buy anything type of service from this company. The only thing they care about is making money off you and backing up their so called "warranty." I bought a "warranty" for 5 years or 60k miles. I was about to go over in my miles and my transmission went out. I took it to the shop to have this wonderful company send out an adjuster to see if my transmission is covered. They said it is not covered because my transmission lines were rusted and leaking and that is why my transmission failed. They said that it is the responsibility of the owner to know if they have this issue. How is someone who is not a mechanic and regularly takes their car in for service suppose to know if this issue current. I am not a mechanic, I teach for a living. Save yourself the headache and do not buy anything from this corrupt company who has draconian customer service.

American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc Company Information