2. Elder Care

Shop Now  on A Place for Mom
Shop Now on A Place for Mom

Find Assisted Living partners near you

Banner image

Find assisted living near you.

Start your senior living search with A Place for Mom

Talk to an Advisor

About Atria Senior Living

Atria Senior Living offers more than 210 assisted living and independent living communities across 26 states and seven Canadian provinces. The company provides communities for those in need of assisted living services, memory care, independent living options and short-term stays. Daily life within the communities includes social activities, 24/7 personalized care and nutritious custom meals from a well-trained team of professionals.

Find Assisted Living partners near you

Pros

• Veteran benefits offered
    • Variety of social activities
    • Communities in 26 states

Cons

• No skilled nursing services
    • High cost of living

Bottom Line

Atria Senior Living is ideal for residents who require daily assistance, memory care services or short-term stays. The monthly fee is high, but it includes multiple services and amenities.

Banner image

Find assisted living near you.

Start your senior living search with A Place for Mom

Talk to an Advisor

Atria Senior Living Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atria Senior Living?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atria Senior Living?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I had to use this company just once for my mother. She prefers to be in her own home though so we stopped using them. My mother mentioned numerous times that she was taken care of. But she also said that there wasn't much to do. She got bored easily and it made her sad. I didn't get any insurance options. She stayed on her current insurance and we were totally fine with that. Now that we aren't using them anymore I guess that's a good thing. For my mom to stay in a nice, well kept home we didn't have to pay a premium. It was affordable and spacious. She made friends and was comfortable.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

They have a home care and help people to the doctor appointment and give you your medicine, you can get around the clock service or just few hours a week service. They give you a reason price and all healthcare plan pay for it, if the healthcare service don't pick up the cost then the stay will cover your cost for assistance. They also keep patient in the facility and you can either do short term or long term care with them. They will help client meet all needs and let the family know when something is wrong with his or her loved one. When I had my stroke in 2011 after I got out of the hospital they had a nurse come to my home and assistance me and help me until I got better.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

The variety is slim and the residential options they provide are not very spacious and very outdated. The variety was awful and not recommended. There were no features that stood out as acceptable options. They shouldnt have been even considerably mentioned as features. The insurance department was a joke to deal with. I was kept on hold most of the time and when finally spoken to the rates were ludicrous and unjust. The value was terrible. This service is unhelpful and unjust. I cant say it brought any positive value or service to my life. Very poor value on all fronts.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

They have numerous different sized units for all different levels of assistance needed. They have all different levels of care and entertainment. It has different activities for all different personalities and activity levels. They work with all insurance companies to guarantee the lowest out of pocket amount if any. Also to assure you get the most out of all the extra features. Value is great when you take into account all the extras and knowledgeable staff. The meals are handmade to each guests take and restricted diet needs.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

The rooms were all similar, but there was a good variety of food choices on the menu. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable. There were many extracurricular activities in which to engage. All the rooms were equipped with a kitchenette and there was a full service kitchen on each floor. Bathrooms in all rooms, and a laundry room on each floor as well. From my experience and memory, there were several tiers of insurance to choose from, or you could opt out of insurance altogether. Pricing was comparable. The monthly pricing was comparable to other facilities we looked into. The various meal plans you could choose from were affordable options.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

It was ok. I placed my mother-in-law in it for some time after she fell and broke her hip. I wasn't always happy with their service but it wasn't horrible like some of the stories I have heard other tell as leaving in feces or etc. It's decent. I didn't have a lot of complaints. They had what they needed. It was a good experience. It was decent for myself and my mother-in-law. The insurance offerings could have been better. I feel like they didn't give me half of what I needed for her and I always paid constantly for something that covered nothing. It could've gave a lot more choices. It brought me comfort knowing she was being taken care of and was just a phone call away. It wasn't like I had to extremely worry about how she was being treated, moved, or getting up or even being alone. She didn't like it a whole lot but what person likes that kind of a situation.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

They were very professional. They helped with my mother -in-law. They were very courteous and respectful in all that they did for her. We wouldn't have been able to do it without them. That they made us all feel very comfortable and were very passionate and professional when we needed them to be. They offered what we needed. When searching they were the only ones who actually listened to what was needed and was able to help us find the right thing. You get what you pay for. They did everything we needed, plus more. We don't know how we would have been able to manage without them. Definitely a great company.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

They provided assist with meals medications paving therapy services as well as providing activities for the residents of the facility. That was very helpful and kind and I trusted them to look up to my family. Every room is handicap accessible including grab bars commodes in shower chairs. They also have a gym and therapist that could help set up Plans of care. Nursing to monitor for cardiovascular health and diabetes management for my parents. The facility that we chose accepted Medicare and Medicaid waiver program as well as using social security benefits. The other insurance companies does Blue Cross covered any therapy needs. Awesome, I knew that my parents were safe and well taken care of. Other than rent and medications there were no other out of pockets expenses. It included all meals, assist with transport to doctors appointments.

Atria Senior Living Company Information