Little Rock, AR

1.3/5 (103 ratings)

About Vacation Tour & Travel

Vacation Tour & Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Tour & Travel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Tour & Travel?

Original review: July 14, 2014

This tour company is deceitful. They did not disclose all fees; Cash only; no receipt policy. Also, after taking first tour tried to cancel another group booking and was told that we had a 100 Ppl fee. Also has to pay additionally for bus driver and tour guide. Added fee. DISCLOSURE... DISCLOSURE. HOW HARD IS THAT.

Original review: July 2, 2014

My husband received the phone call, third one, of course. He thought it sounded like a good deal, but like others we were skeptical and asked more details, pretty much what the catch was the required tour. So we booked it. About an hour later I am at lunch and talking about signing up at the Bass Pro and how we won this great deal. A co-worker then informed me of this site and came hear to read all of these reviews that are similar to ours. So I called to cancel and got the same response "not in our system". So I will be calling back in the morning to see about cancellation. The lady stated that there is a 30 day cancellation policy but didn't elaborate on what that cancellation will "cancel". I also called my CC company and of course the transaction had already went through before I could cancel, imagine that! I just wanted to see if anyone has in fact received a refund by canceling in the right amount of time? Just curious if we are going to have to "eat" the $199.

Original review: June 26, 2014

My husband and I signed up for Bluegreen tour in LV at Bass Pro Shops last winter. I received a call after the first of the year selling us a "vacation" package. I've been on them before, and have no problem sitting through a sales pitch. HOWEVER, I was unable to plan my dates due to my husband's schedule. So now, here we are at the end of June, I am finally able to schedule our "vacation". I try calling the phone number on the letter we were sent. Busy signal. I look for an alternate number. Busy signal. I check the time. It's after hours, but it still seems odd. I continue to try to reach this company (within business hours) and continue to get busy signals.

Finally, frustrated, I fill out a complaint form for Bluegreen AND Vacation Travel. Lo and behold, Bluegreen calls me back and then TRANSFERS me to the Vacation Travel people. I now have my vacation scheduled... haha. After reading all of these comments, I can't wait to find out what actually happens. I may just completely skip the promised cruise. Don't think I need the hassle.

Original review: May 28, 2014

Join the take tours, 2 days Washington DC. The tour guide named Leon, literary not a tour guide! He just tells you next destination but NOTHING else! If you are looking for just purely a bus and accommodation to go to your destination, then it's ok. But don't expect anything more. This tour guide is not even qualified at all. He doesn't even have normal or basic communication skills/manners. He doesn't speak good English, tries to translate English to Chinese, but all wrong information given. Yet, he has bad temper, and doesn't bother about the passengers. He never counts the numbers and if you are alone and got left behind, that is normal. He carries a "don't care attitude" to come to work. I have to ask other tour guides from other bus for information.

This tour also skips places that it stated in the itinerary. If you ask them, they say no time or blame to the company. Every stop you go, expect around 10-15 min. Some you'll just pass by sitting in the bus. Suitable for people who just want highlight of places, but definitely not a tour to really see things.

Original review: May 6, 2014

My fiance and I purchased the timeshare vacation with the free cruise at Bass Pro Shop. We chose to take our timeshare vacation in Myrtle Beach and diligently sat through the timeshare meeting as we were directed to do in order to receive the free cruise. When I called to book the cruise, the rep immediately tried to talk me into upgrading my room without ever explaining the room that we should have been receiving. The upgraded price that he gave me was the EXACT SAME price if I booked the cruise on my own online. When I questioned him, he became rude and defensive, stating that the quotes online did not represent the actual price I would pay that it didn't include port fees and taxes. I went through the whole online booking process... The price included everything that I would have been paying for with this agency. In short... NEVER book with this company. The cruise room that is offered to you is always "booked" and the upgrade fee is the same as going through Carnival directly.

Original review: April 21, 2014

I filled out the info at Bass Pro shop a year ago. Normal sales reps trying to get you to sign up. Nothing out of the normal. I just happen to receive a call at 2:30 pm Monday 4/21/2014. Good timing. Offer for 4 days 3 night hotel in select cities for 229.00. Bonus(s) $25 GC for Bass Pro and a 4 day cruise (pretty sweet deal). Got better if you stay Sunday-Thursday you get another $25 GC for Bass pro (I'm listening). Now, I am not a fool so the details came out after I asked my questions: What hotel options? Fair choices in my opinion. When? Within the year of purchase (fair). Catch? Must pay taxes (common and fair) and listen to the timeshare spiel (knew that!).

Also explained it's for 2 adults and 2 children (extra fees if more people). Fair. Still hesitate so after asking more questions about the hotel and info got it down to $149. Ok, to me that’s a fair price for any hotel for 2-3 nights (I would pay about 80-100 a night on average). Let's get to the bonus(s). We will see if I get the 2x $25 GC (I don't see why they would not). "The cruise" - I have cruised before so I already know it’s going to be the "cheap stuff" (cabin room with no windows). I prefer space so they explained I can upgrade at my cost (fair). Also understand I would pay port fees and taxes (can't get out of that, it’s the government also common).

On average I pay 400-800 a person for a 4 night cruise so the fee for an upgrade and port fees will cost me about 200-300 a person. Not a huge bonus but a very nice discount. So all in all, I'm happy, 4 stars. I would probably only recommend to my friends who (no offense) have common sense! Hope that helped. I'll "try" and remember to update after we take our vacation(s). Remember people, nothing's FREE!

Original review: March 23, 2014

It's sad reading everybody's reviews here. I purchased a package through Bass Pro Shops. I take my family there often. We have toddlers and it's a great place for them. I guess that's how my guard was dropped. I spent $300 to attend a timeshare sales pitch while staying at Myrtle Beach for 2 days and then if I attend, I'll get to go on a cruise for 4 days for free. I have yet to take this trip but after some thought and especially reading these reviews, I think I am going to not take this trip and have to eat the $300. I have tried to get a hold of a service rep over and over again and I hardly get call backs. When I do speak with someone, it feels like I am starting over and no info from my previous call was recorded.

My main complaint started when about 2 weeks out from our trip, I called and wanted to know where exactly I was going. Since I was driving there with my wife and 3 little kids, I was not too keen on going until I knew the specifics. I asked to speak with a manager and they were on the edge of rude and told me they would send me my information the next day. The next day I got the email but it was nothing more than a confirmation of my trip. I luckily rescheduled. I am scheduled to go again in a month but I don't know the specifics and no one has contacted me or returned my (probably 5) phone calls in a month.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2014

Vacation Tour and Travel doesn't only give the shaft to the consumer. My son worked there for about 2 weeks. We had a death in the family and they took away all his commission for missing. Now they are giving us the run around on some very important documents that are time sensitive. Why would a company want to treat its employees so wrong. When they took his hard earned commission away for an uncontrolled death, I told him to quit, that is not the type of company we need to associate with. They have been rude and there is no need for this type of behavior. I will contact my attorney general about this, and I advise the consumer to contact the Attorney General in what ever state they live in.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2013

Last night, while my wife and I were out having diner, I received a call at 6:15 pm from RON with Vacation Tour and Travel (800) 558-6990 while I was at the salad bar. He had called to confirm our reservations. I went back, sat down at our table. I explained to him something had come up, that we weren't able to keep our appointment. He immediately became RUDE and OBNOXIOUS. I excused myself from the table and went outside the restaurant. I asked him why he was being so nasty. He said it was his job and if I cancelled, he was going to charge a 38.00 cancellation fee. I tried to control my temper with this guy but he was such a BUTT, I ended up telling him I was contacting Bass Pro about his behavior and he could kiss my a--. Totally ruined our evening out....

Original review: Nov. 20, 2013

My husband signed up for a package through the Bass Pro Shop just before he went to Afghanistan last year. After several phone calls and attempts at getting a refund from Vacation Tour and Travel and never getting anywhere with it, we finally scheduled to come listen to their spiel about time shares and whatever. We were supposed to stay at the Bluegreen Club 36 in Las Vegas. When we got there, everything seemed to be in order. The next morning, we went to go to the tour that was required to get the promised gift certificates and other things that came along with the package.

My husband filled out the paperwork required for the tour and miscalculated our joint income by $20K. He's not a mathematician. Because of that, they disqualified us for the offer due to the $40K household income requirement. Instead of allowing us to fix the little check mark on the stupid application, they gave us a number we had to call. When he called, he was treated like pond scum by the rep and the manager he spoke with. They told us that we had disqualified ourselves for life due to a miscalculation of our income. The rep also told us he had paid $160 when he has it recorded it was over $300 on his bank statement. He was also told it was a 3-night 4-day stay but when we got there, they had only booked us for 2 nights.

On top of that, because of that little check mark on that paper, we were told if we continued our stay at the Bluegreen Club 36, we would be responsible for paying for it with no refund in the extra my husband dishes out for the trip in the first place. This place is out to take advantage of good people who are trying to enhance their quality of life by making promises that are never kept.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2013

I am not rating this that I am satisfied with the company but rather satisfied that I read all of your reviews before I was sucked in. I was just contacted yesterday and purchased the 3 days/2 nights for $99. I tried my best to tell them I could not afford the initial price as it is too close to Christmas and I have 5 kids (should have hung up I guess). She continued until she had me sold at $99. Even though I was skeptical, I was excited about the whole deal until I stumbled upon this website. I read all reviews and made a decision to call them to cancel. Don't know if I would have been satisfied in the end but they did not give me any hassle about refunding my credit card. Thanks for all the helpful reviews.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2013

First, it sound good, but I was fooled! I purchased a package and is unable to make reservations due to my husband's deployment. I wanted a refund and was told to send a letter in writing. To my surprise, I was given a mysterious address which they denied ever giving me (letter was returned). I pray that this company stop praying on hardworking people and find something else to do, like read the Bible and learn how the wicked and unjust do not prosper! This company maliciously lied and took my money! Folks do yourselves a favor... Run from them and scream help me... thieves are trying to swindle me out my money!!!

Original review: July 31, 2013

I purchased the standard trip to Branson, and was supposed to receive the Carnival Cruise. I told them I would call back when we narrowed down our dates. I was called numerous times, outside normal hours, Sundays and weekends and holidays to a point of being harassed. I asked then many times not to call me and I would call when I was ready. Our family circumstance changed and I needed to cancel. I called back the 800 number, and was almost laughed at. The rep was very smirky about saying that I could cancel "but you cannot get a refund!"

I asked for the supervisor. She called back the next day and I told her the same, and she said, "We have you recorded, and that the package explained that there were no refunds." I asked, "What package," and she said, "The one you received after signing up." I explained that I received an e-mail stating everything and no package.... She refused to budge. This is not a good company to do business with!

Original review: June 28, 2013

On 9/7/2012, I purchased a vacation package from Vacation Tour & Travel referred to in the confirmation letter as "WorldMark by Wyndham Getaway" to Anaheim. I purchased it to save money on frequent overnight trips to the So. CA Disney Parks when my family uses our annual passes. Included in the alleged package are: 3 days/ 2 nights hotel accommodations at a 3-star or higher area hotel, 4-day Carnival cruise certificate for two to my choice of W. Caribbean, Bahamas or Baja Mexico and a $50 American Express reward card (to be provided after completion of two-hour WorldMark by Wyndham timeshare sales presentation.

While it took me a while to pinpoint dates most convenient to my family and me, I finally booked our trip, which changed from Anaheim to San Diego. The dates requested and submitted were an arrival date of June 21, 2013 and departure on June 23, 2013. We received an emailed confirmation letter from Vacation Tour & Travel (VT&T) on May 22, 2013 stating our Friday, June 21, 2013 arrival date and check-in instructions at the Crowne Plaza hotel. I received a telephone call from VT&T as a courtesy confirmation of my arrival dates and location and to ensure that I received my email instructions. Additionally, on June 20, 2013, I received an email reminder requesting that I contact VT&T to confirm our planned arrival for the following day. Early June 21, 2013, I called Wanda **, Confirmation Manager, and confirmed my family's planned check-in around 3:30 pm that day. She provided confirmation of our reservation and reiterated the requirements for my husband and I to attend the two-hour tour prior to receiving the $50 Amex gift card.

My family arrived at the Crowne Plaza - San Diego hotel at about 4:25 pm and when we attempted to check-in, we were told that our reservation was for Monday, June 24, 2013, and not June 21, 2013 and that I'd have to talk to the manager. The manager stated the same thing as the first agent and stated that his hotel was overbooked and he had already given away the extra rooms that were held aside. He also stated that the other area hotels were also at capacity. He said that he's seen this before and that I should hold on to all of the emails and other documentation that I have showing my confirmation from VT&T, since they did not confirm directly with the hotel prior to sending me my confirmations, because if they had, they would have known that the hotel was booked and had been fully booked for a long time.

So, I had to tell my disappointed family (the kids already in their swim suits) that we weren't staying at the hotel after all. I had to call local family and cancel our plans to visit the Zoo together on Sat., June 22, 2013 and to have breakfast on Sunday, June 23, 2013.

Needless to say, I am extremely dissatisfied with the entire situation, mostly due to the inconvenience and disappointment to my family and young kids. We drove home that evening and I spent the rest of the entire weekend trying to make up for the fun we had previously planned by attempting to substitute other kid-friendly activities and restaurants. Fortunately, my kids are forgiving. My husband, on the other hand, is not!

On Monday, June 24, 2013, I called VT&T to express my dissatisfaction and explain what happened to us. Additionally, I requested a refund of the prepaid package price. While the agents I spoke to appeared genuinely apologetic and surprised by what happened, I still have not received a verbal or written confirmation that the monies I've paid will be refunded to me. At this point, I am ready to file a formal written grievance and request for more than a refund of the package price paid. Today, I also want my family compensated for our time, inconvenience, disappointment and other related expenses in our attempt to have a San Diego vacation getaway, which didn't materialize.

I also would warn anyone else to stay clear of this type of "vacation bargain", because in the end, you pay more than it's worth - assuming that you actually get to take the promised vacation.

Original review: June 5, 2013

I filled out the form at Bass Pro Shops and submitted it. Some time later, I was contacted by phone and offered a trip for two to Big Cedar Lodge in Branson, MO and a cruise for two at a discounted rate. I paid with my credit card over the phone. It took us a while to narrow down vacation dates to book the trip. A rep from the company would call periodically to see if we had decided on dates. When we decided on dates, the rep said she needed to record the conversation then proceeded to tell me we would be staying at a hotel rather than Big Cedar Lodge. We would have to go to Big Cedar Lodge for a 120-minute tour. The tour would have been fine as I was aware of that part of the deal. However, I was misled into believing we would be staying AT Big Cedar Lodge and not a hotel nearby. I told the rep I wanted to discontinue the reservation process at that point and advised her I had been misled.

I went to the booth at Bass Pro Shops the next day to request my money back. It was after 5PM so they were unable to reach anyone by phone. I also spoke to a manager at Bass Pro Shops, who passed the information up the chain there. Apparently, BPS contacted Vacation Tour and Travel about the situation because a rep from VT&T contacted me the next day. When they called, I informed them of being misled and that I wanted a refund. They told me they could upgrade me to another part of Big Cedar Lodge, but could not give me a refund. They kept pushing the trip. I simply wanted my money back. I told them I had already been misled. I didn't want to travel from Louisiana to Missouri just to find I had been misled again. They passed me to more reps or supervisors, but they simply kept pushing the trip when I just wanted my money back.

The last supervisor I spoke to wouldn't budge. I requested a copy of the taped conversation from the original date I paid over the phone. She refused to provide the recording. I asked her for the address of their legal department. She gave me an address for the company. She told me if I contacted an attorney, I needed to show him the letter they mailed after I paid for the trip. I advised her I didn't recall getting a letter from them and asked if they sent it certified mail. It was not. She told me they give an 800 number to call in case you don't get the letter. I advised her I had already requested the original recording that would verify that. She again refused to supply a copy of the recording.

It appears that I am just out of luck. I will continue to pursue this however. I am going to urge Bass Pro Shops to evaluate how this company reflects upon them. I think BPS should look at all the consumer complaints about this company and consider disassociating from the company. I also intend to contact the BBB.

Original review: May 30, 2013

I read every review on this site and agree with them all. This is a fraud and everyone needs to band together and sue this company. The Governor of the state they are in needs to start a lawsuit against them in the consumers' behalf and shut these ** down. I had triple bypass surgery and could not go on the cruise and asked for an extension of time and was told I could get it but it was going to COST me additional money. There is no respect for the old or sick. It's all about the money to them. Well, I hope they all burn in hell, for what they have done to everyone concerned.

Original review: May 2, 2013

I used to work for this company, and I'm pretty ashamed to have worked there and had any part of their terrible service. Every bad review I've read is true, and I'd rather sleep in my car or on a raft than do business with them, having seen the operation from the inside. As a former employee trying to get a copy of a W2, the bookkeeping staff was exceptionally rude, cutting me off as I tried to explain my situation, all in a condescendingly "polite" tone. They refused to hear anything but my name and how I wanted to obtain my W2. She forcefully cut me off each of the three times I tried to explain that I'd received the email but had log-in difficulties, always responding with "So, you didn't access the link in the 24-hour time period? "

If they treat former employees like this, how do you think they'll treat you as a customer (And their employees, mostly college students, ex-cons, and people who couldn't work anywhere that required a drug test, usually come back after a break from telemarketing burn-out)?

Don't believe the sweetness in the voice of the girl who called you - the moment you show interest, there will be five "managers" swimming around her like sharks, ready to plug in their headset and eat you alive. The goal is to sell, not satisfy.

Original review: May 1, 2013

Beware. They make it sound so appealing when they contact you to participate in the Bluegreen Resorts presentation and go on to say that it's a free 4-day cruise for two (only taxes and port fees to pay) when in reality good luck getting a cabin! They say it's a two-person bunk bed room and it would cost me $373.70 to go in October! Are you kidding me? It's a complete bait and switch. Beware of them. Do not pay them anything. You'll pay less if you go on your own. In addition, the 90-120 minute presentation took me three hours! Please don't let this happen to you.

Original review: March 23, 2013

My husband and I were at Bass Pro Shop and were approached by a person there that was setting up vacation packages. After listening to the representative bash our already owned time share company that we have had for years, I told my husband that we were not interested in what they had to offer. Unfortunately, we had already filled out a form. Approx. a month later, we were contacted by VT&T and as I was talking to the lady on the phone, I asked her how much is it going to cost us. I am a person that takes a direct approach. She continued to try and tell me what all the package included. When I asked her this question, she said, “Well I am trying to tell you what it all includes." I then said, “I don’t care what it includes. I just want to know how much it cost."

She continued talking as if I hadn't said anything. So I let her finish reading off her screen, and then she told me, "$299.00. Isn't that a great offer?" I then told her that I am not going to pay for any vacation where they take up my vacation time taking tours and listening to sales pitches. I explained to her that we just came back off one of these vacations with our current time share. Her next statement was so upsetting. This is why I am writing a review now. Her next statement was, "Well, I hope you enjoy your little getaway", and then hung up in my face as if our time share was beneath them. I have news for her. I hope that someone reads this before making a decision to purchase one of these vacations. You should never pay for a vacation where they take up your vacation time to try to sell themselves… our time shares that we have... They pay you to come and see what they have to offer! Remember that. I hope this helps someone.

Original review: March 21, 2013

We were called to purchase from VT&T last year and in a moment of weakness after just vacationing with both BlueGreen and Carnival were talked into their best deal of just $99 for 4 days in Branson, $75 in total gift cards, and a 5-day cruise voucher that could be used to a larger trip. Sounds great! We'll listen to the timeshare, consider it, and enjoy a nice little vacation, right? We listened to a true BlueGreen presentation several years ago and had a good time after all. Wrong! This is not BlueGreen and their accommodations and rewards are not likely to be what they seem! Their sales pitch is apparently a partner hotel which it turns out is a no frills hotel but they say BlueGreen and partner so much in the sales pitch you don't realize you aren't staying with BlueGreen whatsoever; they claim to have a recording I am hoping to acquire it.

You can apparently upgrade to an actual BlueGreen resort once you are trapped and try to book but now you are just paying full price (and probably more) anyway. It also turns out the day you book affects how many days you get in the hotel so unless we gave up our weekend plans, we only get 3 days which wasn't mentioned originally either. So we took this all in stride and prepared for our trip anyway. We then decided on a cruise and called VT&T to confirm if we could reserve at their current price through Carnival and then transfer (standard for travel agents) to VT&T to apply the voucher when we get it. However, to further prove this is a scam company, they said they cannot do this and it must be booked fully with them and of course, without the voucher, they cannot lock in the advanced pricing.

I asked the VT&T agent if we had the voucher today, how much would our requested cruise cost and even with the voucher, it would be the same price as just booking on our own! Wow. Deal's off! Why? Because upgrading any combination of adding extra nights and/or upgrading room quality from bunk beds over the engine room all but voids any value the certificate holds. I was also told during our sales pitch that this was upgradable and did not have blackout dates. However, when I told them our date, a full year out, I was told it was peak season which further damaged the upgrade value. Apparently, upgradable means at a complete loss of value.

As soon as I mentioned all the scam articles on the internet to their fake escalations manager, he said that he can only cancel my reservation but cannot refund. I had 30 days to cancel yet until you try to book anything (usually more than 30 days out), you won't find out all of their dirty little secrets. So at this point, our $99 is simply a sunk cost and we're done with this scam company other than anything Consumer Affairs, the BBB, BlueGreen, or Bass Pro can do for us. I can only imagine how much worse it would have been if we had actually gone to Branson and especially paid them even more money to book the Carnival cruise!

Original review: March 18, 2013

After filling out something at Bass Pro Shop, we were contacted with the offer of a vacation getaway. The Charleston weekend worked out fine and the people at Blue Green Vacation Resorts were very nice with no pressure put on us. Included in the package deal was also a 4-day/4-night Carnival Cruise. The only problem I have with Blue Green Resorts is that after asking about 4 times about the cruise certificate we were promised after the tour, they just told us it would come in the mail in 4-6 weeks. We took our tour Dec. 8, 2012. After never receiving anything, I called the 1-800-0608 number. I was told that it was necessary to call this number to get that information sent and it would take 4-6 weeks by some guy. I called right back to question this and to ask if they need anything more than my phone number, and the girl said it would only take 7-10 business days and that it showed it was to be sent.

After never receiving anything, I called back on 2-18-2013. Again I was told it would take 4-6 weeks and should arrive soon. It is March 18, and I have seen nothing. I called again and the guy I talked to, KJ, told me there was no record of me contacting them since 11-30-12 to book our Charleston stay. I explained to him I had notes written of each time I called and what I was told. He was condescending and wanted to argue when I told him the dates I had called (again) and what I was told. He told me I should have gotten a name if I talked to someone and nothing they did there took 4-6 weeks and said he would email me the cruise info and that it would take 72 hours.

I then called back the 800 number to find out what company I was even speaking with as no one had ever said when they answered the phone. I asked for an email address and was told they didn't have one. I told them I had a complaint and would like to know how to file it. He told me the records showed the info was being emailed to me and it should be resolved. There is no way I would attempt to go on this cruise or upgrade as I had planned.

Bass Pro Shops, Carnival Cruise lines, and Blue Green Resorts need to reevaluate the wisdom of being affiliated with Vacation Tour and Travel. I had purchased a similar visit with Wyndham Resorts and am about to immediately seek a refund, as we are property owners with Wyndham, and I feel sure they have already received complaints about this "cruise deal". This company should not be allowed to do business - and I should not be allowed to answer the phone because I have stupidly been trusting and booked not one, but two of these rip-offs. At least we had a good weekend in Charleston for the $169 I spent, but I do not appreciate being ripped off. Just not sure if it is worth the time and effort to pursue this. I will be informing Bass Pro, Carnival, and Blue Green Resorts of the problems I have encountered.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2013

I visited the resort in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg and went through their presentation in April of 2012. I then received this certificate from this company. I was told at the presentation this certificate was good for 18 months. Now, I am told it was 18 months from the day I first talked to Bass Pro Shops representatives in November of 2011. The representative, Chris, tells me I now have an expired certificate because I did not give them 90 days notice even though I was scheduling my cruise for October 2013 because it was expiring in April 2013. He then said the certificate was not good for the October booking and I would have to upgrade from bunk bed cabin to another room if I wanted twin beds that could be converted to a king.

How many adults sleep on bunk beds? Do not go to Wyndham Resorts or any other presentations given from people at any Bass Pro Shop. This was a free gift from the presentation, but the charges are just as much as purchasing a cruise on my own without the certificate and with a better room than bunk beds. There is nothing free on this. Gratuities and port fees are not even included on this one and are included on the one I purchased making my cruise cheaper in the long run. Run from these presentations as fast as you can. At least I received $75 in Bass Pro gift cards that were valid and a free 2-night stay in Pigeon Forge.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2013

I ordered a Carnival "Fun Ships" 4-day cruise for $200. I was told to book it within 18 months. After 6 months in January, I called and all the available cruises from California were all booked for 2013 (now, that's a total lie). They told me I needed to upgrade and pay $1,201.52 or just lose the $200.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2013

We received a free cruise for attending a timeshare presentation that we were supposed to redeem through Vacation Tour and Travel agency. Every time I called, they said the cabin that my certificate covered was not available and that I must upgrade. The upgrade is double the cost and essentially you are buying a brand new cruise. You must book 90 days in advance which is also a horrible condition because it's nearly impossible to plan that far ahead and around their availability. The worst thing, however, is their call queue and customer service - it's absolutely horrible.

I waited for 30 minutes to get someone on the line only to find the people were very rude, talked over me, and were quick to get an attitude, in particular, a guy named Spencer. He got snappy within the first 5 min. of our conversation. People there don't care about helping you at all. They structure the conditions of your "free" cruise so that you must upgrade and they train their people to be extra rude so that it's a pain to call and redeem your gift. They will try everything to save their money and not pay for your package. Good luck working with them... It's not worth it!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2013

I took my daughter to Orlando for a timeshare presentation by Blue Green Resorts last May. I had initially filled out a card to win an SUV at Bass Pro Shops and I assumed this was where Blue Green Resorts got my information. We were at first going to be put up at some average hotel in Orlando like a Holiday Inn for our stay there, which I was okay with, but once we checked in at the resort, they let us stay at the resort for our entire stay. We attended the timeshare presentation and felt no pressure at all, which was nice and it lasted about 2 1/2 hours. I did not buy a timeshare there. The initial trip to Orlando was a great trip and I had no complaints, the resort was very nice and everyone was friendly.

The problem I have is with the certificate I received after attending the timeshare presentation for a free 4-day cruise for 2 adults. I called Vacation Tour and Travel to book my cruise and was told there were no cabins available until October 2013 that met the certificate criteria. That, I find hard to believe. I was told I would have to pay $186.00 per person for government taxes and agency fees. I would also be required to upgrade to another cabin, which would be an interior cabin with two twin beds that can convert to a King. The total price quoted to me was $741.00! I don't understand how an upgrade to another interior room would cost me an additional $369.00?! How is this supposed to even be considered close to being a free cruise?! It appears that Vacation Tour and Travel are bumping up their prices big time.

I checked online and Carnival taxes and fees were approx $80 or so per person so how does Vacation Tour and Travel charge $186.00? An upgrade to another interior room would have only cost me approximately between $70-$80 total, so where does $369.00 come into play? I will be calling Blue Green Resorts and Bass Pro Shop to complain about this as well.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2012

I bought a cruise package on the Today Show in Dec. 2011 with 12 months to book and 18 months to sail. I work in Iraq and wanted to take my wife on a cruise during one of my leaves. I tried several times to book the cruise at a time that was convenient, giving the 90 days’ advance notice, but nothing was ever available unless I agreed to do an upgrade. I paid $549 for a 4-day cruise with two free hotel nights near the port of my choice. The upgrade they offered to me was $589 for a porthole cabin! It was more than the original cruise package I purchased! Then when I would try to decline the upgrade and sail as is stated on my certificate, they would suddenly have no dates available for inside cabins!

On one of my calls, I left the dates open-ended and told them to just give me a date when they could accommodate me. And lo and behold, they had no inside cabins in any port for 6 months! (My coupon expires in 6 months.) This same conversation and scam also happened to others I knew who purchased the coupon. So therefore, I have purchased a valueless piece of paper called IcouponOnline.com with terms which they never intended to honor. To make it even worse, they refused to refund my account and refused to book the cruise knowing it would expire soon. They basically laughed in my face and said I was nearing the end of 12 months and there was nothing I could do other than upgrade.

So, I have sent dispute letters to my credit card company, the Today Show for promoting and helping a sorry company to carry out false advertising, to Carnival Cruise Lines for affiliating their cruises with them, and to the Better Business Bureau. I am also mailing a letter to the legal department with NBC News. This is highway robbery and I will not sit around and allow it to happen without a fight. If they do not want to honor the voucher and they feel they made a bad deal, then the least they could do would be to refund my money. However, they choose to be the thieves they set out to be and steal customers’ money without ever intending to honor their advertised deal. I hope someone puts them out of business and recovers punitive damages!

It would seem that the Today Show and Carnival Cruise Lines would stand up to this company that they are helping to make rich by fraud! These huge companies certainly have the resources to do a full investigation and apply pressure for them to do the right thing. If I do not get some satisfaction, I fully intend to never cruise with Carnival and to never watch the Today Show again and to pursue every legal avenue I can find. I hope all the many others that I've read about will do the same. Do not ever buy from Icoupon Online as Vacation Travel and Tour Agency (doing business as Great Resort Destinations, Weston FL). Unfortunately, they use a lot of names so it’s harder to keep up with them! Also, if you have been a victim, please report your case to all the above offices and agencies as well as other sites such as Trip Advisor and other consumer complaints. Thank you and good luck.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2012

My husband and I received a "free" cruise certificate through a Bass Pro/Bluegreen promotion. I felt like the cruise part was going to be a scam but since it was part of the package for sitting through a timeshare presentation, we called to see when we could book the trip and how much an upgrade to ocean view would cost. Before I called, I looked up dates and prices on 4-day cruises with ocean view rooms, so I would know if I were saving any money. You can imagine how surprised I was when VT&T quoted me the exact same price as if I had booked it through Carnival's website. The only difference would be that if I booked with Carnival.com, I would get good customer service, pick my stateroom, and inboard credit.

Wow, so why even book through VT&T? I guess, it's to scam me out of more money. When the price was the same as what I had looked at buying through Carnival.com, I asked the VT&T representative what exactly the cruise certificate was for. He replied that it only covers a 1A bunk bed cabin. So, I guess they can't really upgrade you; they can only sell you a new cruise. I'm glad I did my research before I called. It's so sad that so many people paid so much for the "upgrades". This is very questionable ethic by this company.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2012

Do not use this company! My husband happened to mention that we would like to book our cruise for the same date as friends. Well, they flagged our account saying we were trying to do a group booking. We were told that there were only allotments available with an upgrade charge for that date but just not for us since we knew someone else who would be going on that date. They said they could not book us if any family or friends were going and forced us to book for another date. Customer service reps are very rude!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2012

First of all, never attend a Wyndham presentation! A 'free' cruise was an incentive to purchase a Wyndham vacation plan. When we got home, I called Vacation Tour and Travel of Little Rock, AR and Drew ** was my agent. He was very friendly and helpful as we had never been on a cruise and I had many questions. Our anniversary was in a few months (November), so I purchased (midsummer 2011) the 'free' 4-day cruise to Baja, Mexico, on Carnival Cruise Lines for $1,500.00. Drew explained that the 'free' cruise room was not in a very good location and we would be happier with another room. Needless to say, not much fun sleeping in the inside belly of the ship just above the engine room.

All went well until the day of the cruise. Due to a medical condition diagnosed 3 weeks before our cruise, my husband was not on correct medication, which left him mentally confused. As a result, my husband forgot his passport, which he didn’t realize until 3-4 minutes before the flight was scheduled to leave. We sat there in the airline seats not knowing what to do: Would they let us off the plane, or should we just go to sea and see what we can do? We stopped after the first leg of our flight and I called Vacation Tour & Travel for help. Drew ** was not available but the agent said to call the travel insurance company. Since my husband was not hospitalized, the policy did not cover our inability to board the ship to enter international seas and return to the mainland without a passport. Our cruise was over before it began.

On Monday, I called VT&T and talked to Drew **. He was sorry but there was nothing he could do. I was more concerned about my husband's health and still in shock about not taking the cruise, but tried everything I could do to see how we could somehow "save" our cruise and take it in November 2012. The rest of the flight tickets were good for one year and I thought for sure someone would be willing and able to help me. When I asked if there were any alternatives (same cruise next year, half of the cruise price [$750.00] voucher for another cruise, some type of refund, anything to help...), “nothing I can do" was his only reply. I called Carnival Cruise Line for help. Since we made the booking through Vacation Tour & Travel, I was at a dead end with them. I also called our saleswoman (C. in Las Vegas) at Wyndham who repeatedly said, “Give me a call if you have any problems,” to see if she could help. I gave her all the information, and she never called me back.

I still wanted to find some kind of resolution and felt that Vacation Tour & Travel had our $1,500.00 and they were not willing to look at any alternatives. So I called them back. I talked to another agent since Drew ** was now a supervisor! When I asked if I could speak to him, I was told that since Drew already told me, “There was nothing VT&T could do,” talking to Drew would not help me. Really? You had our $1,500.00, and because my husband forgot his passport due to a medical condition, you're not willing to budge one iota? I only wish VT&T could have been a fly on the wall to see what my husband went through for 3-4 weeks before he was on the correct medicine. But since they had our money, they didn't have to care. While I realize some time has passed, the disappointment and the inability to get VT&T to help me in any manner has finally worked its way out of the back of my mind to see if there is any possibility to get some resolution. Far too long I put the word “cruise” out of my mind. Between my husband's health, teaching, other family responsibilities, and VT&T's attitude, I simply did not have the time or energy to deal with it any more, until now.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2012

I entered a Bass Pro Shops contest and evidently, Vacation Tour and Travel took my information and called me to tell me I won a bunch of trips and I only had to pay them $169, which I did, and they would mail me all of my winnings, etc. It all sounded wonderful. Several weeks later, I telephoned them and told them I had received nothing in the mail. They told me they would send me replacement set of documents. Time has passed and I have still received nothing. After reading all of the other complaints on this website, why do I have the feeling I am at the broken end of the bottle?

Vacation Tour & Travel Company Information