2. Travel

Little Rock, AR

1.3/5 (102 ratings)

About Vacation Tour & Travel

Vacation Tour & Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Tour & Travel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Tour & Travel?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I read everyone's complaints and I totally agree and have gone through the same issues. I never received my letter of explanation until after the 30 days and I can no longer receive a refund. I spoke with David ** one of the supervisors and he hung up the phone on me while I was asking questions. I could not figure out why they cannot email any correspondence to customers. Please stay away from this company!

Original review: June 27, 2016

I paid upfront for a vacation package that included a tour. I was skeptical about the whole experience because I was told that I was not going to be staying in the resort but a hotel instead. I thought ok, that's not too big of a problem. I called to confirm my reservation the day before I was to be checking in. I was informed that the reservations had been cancelled and I would not be getting my money back because I did not confirm verbally over the phone when they had called. I did not get the calls and did not get the messages until the weekend. They are not open on the weekend for me to call and verify. Therefore, they felt that they had to right to steal my money. I am making a BBB complaint today. I did not even want to give them one star, but I was forced to by the computer program. They deserve no stars.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

I got the call from VTT about a week ago. We bought the package after reading all the reviews. I am feeling like I just gave away some money. I did not read one positive review on the list. I will probably take my losses and book my own hotel to Branson MO.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2015

Purchased a Bluegreen vacation package from them. ...Biggest mistake ever!! Horrible customer service. Unfortunately we had to cancel due to my husband having to report to work. I tried to cancel on a Saturday (which would have been 5 days prior) but they are closed Saturday and Sunday. So I called first thing Monday morning, thinking that it would be fine since we were checking in on Wednesday & they were closed over the weekend, but they were being unreasonable & wanted to charge $75 blaming it on Bluegreen and the hotel; which was a lie because I called the hotel directly and I had up to 24 hours to cancel without penalty. I called blue green directly & Thankfully Bluegreen was able to waive it. Purchase the vacation directly from blue green ...Stay away from vacation tour & travel at all costs!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

We chose the Air Hotel Escape option, where "two adults receive 2 nights of hotel accommodations and roundtrip airfare to 1 of the U.S. cities listed." I selected Vegas after paying receiving the gocrv voucher. Don't hesitate! You must register within 60 days of the Issue Date or face a $100+ charge. This trip is not free...and I flew Spirit Airlines. Please see the expenses paid to gocrv below:

$100: Deposit. $373.73: Additional hotel/flight charges, included: $75: Per person to fly out on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday (We left on a Saturday morning); $75: "Upgraded hotel" (Stratosphere... I'd give it a 2-star rating); $75: Travel assist, just in case you decide to make a one-time change to your reservation (We didn't); I'm assuming the remaining $73.73 were random fees...? Who knows.

Additional fees I incurred: $60: Resort Fee...which no one mentioned. The receptionist told me about this charge upon arrival; $50: Gas to drive four hours away to the city from which I flew and four hours back after landing (Smh); $120: One check-in baggage and seat selection, round trip on Spirit - Total: $703.73 total for two.

$703.73 is a lot when you've been told the vacation was free. Upon further investigation, I asked Reservations how much the tickets actually were. I was told $362.38 total for two roundtrip tickets (on Spirit...? I doubt it). I asked about the room costs. I was told the rate was "undisclosed." In short, the trip was a complete rip off. We could've paid less for sure by not using them as a deceptive liaison. I flew to Vegas at 6a on Saturday and from Vegas at 5p on Monday. The experience wasn't completely horrible, but the ultimate dissatisfiers were the poor customer service and deception. Lesson learned. I advise all to be their own travel agent and do not rely on or trust these frauds! I might've given the experience two stars had the flight actually been out of the city in which I reside.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

Had a certificate for a 4 day cruise. Representative from VTT, Drew **, stated that voucher was for an inner cabin with bunk beds. He stated I could upgrade to a window view for $639.30 for two. I answered his questions that we were from Arizona and over 55. I gave my address and birth dates. Stated this was a cruise line upgrade to a Fun Select which gave me a cabin upgrade. I booked the cruise but when I checked the Carnival website and also talked to a representative, I could have had the same cruise with the upgrade for $45 less than VTT.

I spoke with the VTT representative again and he denied I gave him the age and residence (he had my address and birth dates) and that he booked us on a standard Carnival Cruise without any promotions. The question is, why book with VTT when they offer no promotions, do not look for a better deals for the customer, and there is no price gain from the original certificate? The answer, do not book with, do not deal with them. Do your own with Carnival and you get a better deal!!!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2015

I wish I could give 0 stars! I have a cruise certificate for a 3, 4 or 5 day cruise. First of all, they say the cruise is free other than service fee for port and govt taxes but when you try to set up a cruise, you get the runaround and they want to charge you more than what Carnival charges for the same cruise. I called in May to arrange and cruise and they claimed Carnival did not give them enough 1A cabins. I called Carnival and they said they had several 1A cabins available. They could not locate any cruises for me and told me to call back closer to the time I wanted to cruise in September.

I called in August and was told that they had nothing until January as they had to be given 90 days advance notice. I advised them I had called Carnival and there was a cruise available with 1A cabins on 9/21/15 leaving out of Jacksonville Florida but they claimed it would cost me $759 to take this cruise. What happened to free cruise, I asked. They claimed they had to charge additional amounts since it was no 90 days notice. I told them I would contact the Better Business Bureau as I had given them 90 days and more notice. I kept getting the runaround from May, June, July and now August. I went on the tour of the resort in February and also tried calling them to set up a cruise. Carnival charges less than what they are asking for this free cruise. I guess it's their way of avoiding people having the cruise.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2015

I bought two days trip from this company and I am so disappointed. I wanted to cancel and they told me it's past 15 days so I couldn't. However, the other person told me that it's 30 days when I book my hotel. Also, I had a concern about my hotel and they didn't not give me clear answer about hotel that I paid for it. They were so nice when we were paying 99$ for the trip but they were so rude when we were trying to book a hotel. It's a big mistake that I choice this company. Ridiculous!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2015

My husband was shopping at Bass Pro in Destin, Fl when approached to take a 4-night, 5-day vacation at a resort of his choice out of the big beautiful catalog they presented to him. As a surprise for me he purchased this package for $199.00. A terrible mistake and a lesson learned. We went to St. Petersburg, Fl and at the Welcome Center of Bluegreen Resorts which was in the local strip shopping center, we were directed to our hotel which had a 3-star rating. I was shocked 3-star rating could be so bad. I found out ahead of time where we were staying and thought I was doing my homework. The pictures online looked much better than the hotel did in person. We stayed at The Post Card Inn a few blocks away from the resort where the timeshare presentation was held.

Upon driving into the parking lot of the hotel I knew we had made a mistake. It wasn't for us. Our room was dirty from chipped paint, cracked tub, outlets that wouldn't hold our cell phone chargers, hairs on the floor etc. I had also requested a fridge and microwave. I would have never chosen that for my beach resort vacation if I had seen it in person. There were stairs only and the ice machines were on the second floor. There were no elevators so not a easy way to get around for senior citizens. We went back to the welcome center to complain and try and be moved to another hotel but no rooms were available. We got another room at the same hotel but it was worse.

Our view was the parking lot with rats running around. It was late at night and storming severely so we went to bed. The next day we attended the required presentation at 8:30am - our assigned presentation time in order to redeem our Bass Pro Shop gift card. We had to laugh when the first words spoken were "we are a world-class vacation company whose goal is your vacation happiness" and to make lasting memories. We told the reps and manager how disappointed we were as we had expected a resort type hotel. There was nothing they could do about moving us but that didn't stop them from trying to sell us vacations from $30,000 to $895.00.

They did give us a $150.00 MasterCard gift card instead of the $75.00 bass Pro Shop gift card. As soon as we left the required presentation we went back to the hotel to pack up and go home. Upon checking out we were charged a resort fee and taxes. We certainly didn't use anything at their resort. Had we stayed 4 nights it would have been a resort fee nightly and taxes. Don't use your debit card when checking in. Be sure to give them a credit card so you can dispute charges if necessary.

When we got home I had 2 charges that I wasn't aware of and didn't authorize which so far has involved three phone calls. Thank goodness we were only 2 hours from home and are retired so we didn't take time off work. I highly recommend saving your gas money, time packing and vacation days for a hassle free, no pressure getaway where you know exactly what you are getting. Bass Pro should be ashamed of misleading customers who come in to shop and spend their money in their stores and are hassled to buy these vacations. Please beware and save yourself a big headache and disappointment.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2015

I originally signed up for information through Bass Pro Shop. I was hesitantly interested. I talked to them in the store and extensively over the phone. They were pushy, and wanted to give me the deal only if I signed up while I was on the phone. Ultimately they offered me a cruise, 2 $25 Bass Pro gift cards and 3-day 2-night stay at Wisconsin Dells for $99. Even the day before going up to the Dells, they refused to tell me what resort we would be staying at. When I had to cancel due to external circumstances the day of, supposedly Tour and Travel was not available the day of check in, and Bluegreen staff was at best ill-informed.

They said that Tour and Travel would reimburse me the $75 cancelation fee if I rescheduled on Monday, when they were in the office. I called in on Monday and was met with anger at the suggestion I would be reimbursed. I told them that this has been more trouble than it was worth. I told her that I didn't want the package, and Brittany snidely informed me that I wouldn't get charged the cancelation fee of $75, but I wouldn't get my original $99 back and she hung up.

Vacation Tour & Travel Company Information