2. Travel

Little Rock, AR

1.3/5 (102 ratings)

About Vacation Tour & Travel

Vacation Tour & Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Tour & Travel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Tour & Travel?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I filled out a 'raffle' form at the Sussex County Fair to win a free trip for two. I received a call stating I had won the free* trip for two (*pay taxes and resort fees only). However, the trip 'voucher' had to be picked up in person. It was required my partner and I to sit through a one hour description of the trip. When I asked, I was assured this was NOT a timeshare hard sell and I would received a free Amazon Fire for my time. A reservation was required for the description. We sat through the above on 09/21/2017. Reported we had no intention of signing up for their 'Sundance Vacation Club' at any price as it did not meet our travel needs.

We received the Amazon Fire (a kind of advertisement machine it seems) and a 'Voucher' stating we had sixty days to register by e-mail or mail. And one year to travel. I sent in the form via certified mail on 09/25/2017. It arrived on 09/30/2017 and was picked up by Sundance on 10/03/2017 at 10:02 AM. On 10/16/2017 I telephoned customer service and reported I had received no mailed response. The person answering reported that the paperwork had been sent to my home address on 10/15/2017 (Sunday), and then asked me if I wanted to pay my fully refundable 'reservation deposit' of $198 ($99 per person) and Reservation Deposit of $50 (towards travel fees and taxes of approximately $16 per night per person) via phone right now. I responded I would wait for my written confirmation that my registration arrived n the mail before paying what ever amount might be required.

On 10/23/2017, I called customer service at 09:23 AM and they informed me that actually my registration was prepared on 10/15/2017 and It was actually sent to my home addressed today 10/23/2017. The person further stated I could pay online anytime. I again stated I would wait for the mail to arrive at my home. All in all, though it is not 'Free' $249 for two nights in Las Vegas with airfare does not seem like such a bad deal. The failure to mail my reservation deposit invoice within 20 days of receiving the voucher/coupon and the fogging of that failure by the phone personnel is inexcusable. I am beginning to suspect Sundance Vacations might be engaging in DECEPTIVE PRACTICES if not outright FRAUD!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

This company is a complete rip-off and I can tell by all the reviews of what they haven't done. I have been trying to book my so-called free cruise for three weeks now and everytime I call I get the runaround. It states you have to book with a minimum of 90 days out. I'm trying to book in July of 2018 to give them plenty of time. But they tell me I must book within 90 days. At that time there will be nothing available. But the kicker is they want me to book now at their upgraded rate. This is a complete scam and rip-off. They only want to take care of themselves and upcharge you for everything. There's nothing called a freak Cruise even paying double what you should for taxes and Port charges. Just like so many other I have read I'm going to throw my certificate away and not even waste my time. Please if this helps anyone stay away from this company. It's not worth your time or aggravation.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I was approached by Sundance Vacations at a Lady Gaga concert to enter to win a free trip, which of course I won (everyone who entered got the same call). I was pretty sure that this was a scam, and this was confirmed after they told me we would need to sit through a presentation to pick up our certificate. I was curious and dragged my poor husband an hour away to sit through what was basically a sales presentation, then a phased, high pressured vacation timeshare sales pitch. We walked out 2 hours later with only our certificate; we did not purchase a vacation plan. During that time, I did the following: asked for and reviewed a copy of their standard contract - I was shocked that I was the only one in the room that was doing this, so buyers please beware, reviewed the locations available to travel if I were to buy into the plan, then viewed the actual accommodations in the cities I would most travel.

They offer computers in the room to do this research. Again there were only a couple of us who did this. My findings were that most, if not all, of the accommodations were either nowhere near a popular attraction (i.e. beach, park, etc.). They were also, in my opinion, low end or older condos and hotel rooms which is not what we are used to when we travel. Today I thought I would look into registering my certificate online. I researched reviews from other "winners", and lo and behold, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. I'm throwing out my certificate and will walk away a bit wiser. I hope this post inspires people to research the company, other reviews, etc. before buying into anything like Sundance Vacation.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I was approached about a free cruise if you go to their timeshare presentation. I went and then booked my cruise. I was told I had to pay fees which equated to about 400 bucks. Then when I got on the cruise, less than 24 hours someone was badly injured and we could not go to our destination. I was told to call to rebook or get my money back.

I did and Vacation Travel was very rude and told me I couldn't get my money back but had to pay for the "free" cruise. Also they said that I had to book another cruise that I would have to pay for within a week or they would not apply my money that I already paid to this new cruise. This is so disappointing and they need to be held accountable for stealing and ripping people off.

Original review: May 29, 2017

$677 in fees for a free trip. One was a service fee to extend the return flight so that we could stay 4 days longer, we had our own lodging for 4 nights. I do not recall a fee for that being mentioned in our phone conversation, it seemed to show up on our email confirmation. This was not from the airline either. I was told that the 2 night hotel would not a luxurious resort but a regular hotel, which was also fine with us. I had researched the hotel online and found a courtyard with a pool and potted flowers around it. It was a Motel 8, which appeared clean on the website and within city limits. Reality was it was in an industrial area and quite far from the tourist area of the city, a good 30 to 45 minutes by cab to get into the interesting part of town.

One part of the fees was explained that I wanted convenient times to fly. Not true. Both flights had stopovers and we needed to make connections. This is not the way we prefer to travel. This took up valuable time we could have spent doing what we went there for. They were not convenient times for us either. We prefer early mornings. I called back to dispute the fees and when I told them this about the flights and denied ever being asked about time etc. I was given a partial refund. All in all our free vacation cost about $300 and a lot of aggravation.

Original review: March 24, 2017

We signed up for the "free" 2 night stay with a 4 day cruise that cost us about $300.00 which sounded like a good deal at the time. We stayed in their hotel and listened to their stupid timeshare spill, but when it came time for the cruise all the sudden we were disqualified? Customer service people were no help whatsoever, and extremely rude! I think it was all just a ploy to get you to invest in their timeshare scam. DON'T FALL FOR IT LIKE I DID.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

For starters we could only book our resort vacation 60 days in advance. Needless to say slim pickings, we will need to change rooms to get a complete week. Not the end of the world. Once booked it took a week for a confirmation email with a booking #. Then to forward the booking # to gocrv for my 2 for 1 flight coupon, only to be promised it would take 2 weeks to receive my certificate. After 2 weeks I call again. Another promise it will be 2 weeks. My vacation starts in 3 weeks. No flights are available. I will have to travel to another city to catch a flight and pay full price! This is a complete rip off. Do not waste your time.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I have a certificate for a 3, 4, or 5-day cruise aboard Carnival Cruise Lines. I understand that the certificate entitles me and a guest to entry level 1A cabin accommodations. These accommodations for two aboard Carnival Sunshine are offered for $1455.40 for the cruise I chose at Carnival. It was suggested and I agreed to upgrade to better accommodations (Balcony), which Carnival offers for $2165.40, a difference of $710.00. I was charged $1799.00 for the upgrade, and when I asked how why it cost over $1000.00 over the price difference, I received an email from my cruise coordinator to another VTT representative, (quite by accident I believe) where she stated that she'd actually SAVED me $366 and posed the question "What's wrong with "these" people?"

I have demanded an explanation of the price difference, an adjustment to the price of my cruise, as well as an apology for the "THESE PEOPLE" reference. Not only do I feel like I've been ripped off, but that I've been unduly insulted for simply inquiring about what I see as a major difference in price for me to upgrade what was supposed to be "free" vacation cruise accommodations with an implied value or $1455.40, to accommodations that sell for $2165.40. My 3rd-grade arithmetic tells me the difference is $710.00, but then I guess you had to attend 3rd grade.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I "Won" a free vacation... after I had to go to one of those corny timeshare like sales pitches. That company was Sundance, which seems like it could work for the right people looking to buy bulk vacations. Not me, I just wanted the free Vacay, but I only needed to pay the $198 in taxes. I had to pick 3 dates and then a few months before those dates I would have to call. I called up to confirm the dates to the Virgin Islands. First off, I was going to need to pay an additional $175 in taxes and only one of those dates would work, however I had to leave at 6:00am on a flight from Baltimore (and I live in Philadelphia). Then they said that they don't do flights from Philly except for Cancun. I then stopped it and asked for my $198 back. I wasted only $8 in fees but I feel like I wasted my time more than anything.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Stay away from GOCRV. I bought a vacation coupon from them. My vacation package was one person would be maximum $87, but while I was trying to reserve a date it came up $130 per person. Anyways, I had some family issues I cannot make it. I called them to receive $100 visa prepaid card and they have confirmed regardless I travel or not they will offer $100 gift card. Now I have called them but they are not giving me straight answer.

Vacation Tour & Travel Company Information