2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.4/5 (126 ratings)

About Travelzoo

Travelzoo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelzoo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelzoo?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Buyer Beware!!! I purchased a "Fully Refundable" deal from Travelzoo during the pandemic. Guess what's? It's NOT "Fully Refundable" at all. FALSE ADVERTISING!!! I am not a happy consumer. They are misleading people.

Hello Dawn,

I'm very sorry to hear of your experience thus far. I see that you have been in contact with Travelzoo Customer Support. I'm terribly sorry this wasn't the resolution you were hoping for but appreciate your understanding.

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: July 18, 2021

We saw a deal on Travelzoo and got directed to Jetlinevacations.com. The travel package to Costa Rica included airfare, hotels and a car. The car rental company is a fishy local 3rd party provider called Mex Rent a car. When we got there, they said they canceled our reservation and referred us to Jetline Vacations for a refund. Jetline Vacations pretends working something out for us but does not respond anymore. They also said the local car rental company Mex Rent a car needs to confirm the refund. We talked to locals in Costa Rica and heard that this company only has 40 cars, rents them to more people than cars available, constantly cancels on customers and never refunds the price.

We also believe that Jetline Vacations knows about it and willingly does business with this fraudulent car rental company to be able to offer those eye-catching travel packages. We ended up having to pay for a car out of pocket for the entire trip and we were not refunded for the car that was part of our package. That should have never happened. Do not book with Jetline Vacations and definitely never rent a car through Mex Rent a car if you do not want to be scammed!!!!

Hello Kathrin,

I'm very sorry to hear of your experience thus far. We've reviewed our records and we were unable to locate an inquiry using your name. We've shared this with our Deal Experts. If you still need assistance with this, please contact Travelzoo Customer Support at 877-665-0000.

The Travelzoo Team

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Beware of these terrible practices. 3 hour drive to tour. 3 hours back. Cruddy service. It’s way more than 499. Don’t do it. Don’t use travel by Jen. No breakfast. Car insurance. Covid test 150 per person. Hotel are poor quality.

Hello Michael,

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: July 5, 2021

Very poor experience with JetLine Vacations referred via Travel Zoo. Representative Sydney was very determined to not let us cancel our inquiry. Then hung up on us. He was telling us that we could not cancel when it was just an inquiry on a trip that was so low it was hard to believe. Indeed don’t believe!

Hello Gary,

I'm very sorry to hear of your experience thus far. We've reviewed our records and we were unable to locate an inquiry using your name. We've shared this with our Deal Experts. If you still need asssitance with this, please contact Travelzoo Customer Support at 877-665-0000.

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: June 16, 2021

We've used Travel Zoo in the past, so we AGAIN went with a trip they advertised. JETLINE HOLIDAYS AKA JETLINE VACATIONS took our $1600 deposit - with 'Benjamin's' promise that, if the trip was canceled because of Covid, our full refund would immediately be processed. After multiple calls to Benjamin - who was readily accessible when trying to extract our $1600 - but now, he fails to respond. After 5 contacts, my husband finally got him on the phone. Benjamin promised to send our refund. NO REFUND. And the wannabe Customer Service manager at Jetline is JUST as useless because after I spoke with HIM, he also promised the refund AND he said that 'as soon we hung-up, he'd send an email documenting what would be done.' NO EMAIL. NO CALL for 3 weeks.

So, one would think that Travel Zoo would exert some pressure over these hustlers. NO. Jetline won't give us a refund. There are THOUSANDS of online complaints about these shysters AND Travel Zoo isn't helping any of those who were scammed! Travel Zoo has responsibility in this! TRAVEL ZOO IS AS SHADY, USELESS, & SHADY AS JETLINE!

Hello Mary,

I'm very sorry to hear of your experience thus far. We've reviewed our records and we were unable to locate an inquiry using your name. We've shared this with our Deal Experts. In the future, please contact Travelzoo Customer Support at 877-665-0000 for assistance.

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: May 1, 2021

I used to like them but they’re not the company they once were. I purchased a trip through them, with a company called Jetline Holidays. Jetline Holidays turns out to be scammers (**), and Travelzoo has been informed of this. Not only are they refusing to help me get my money back, they continue to work with Jetline. If you buy through Travelzoo, you will get no support. Please shop elsewhere.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I purchased a hotel package in December 2020 for my wife and I to go to Jamaica in June 2021. The travel voucher states that it's 100% refundable. I recently found out that I would have to cancel the trip due to family issues. I called Travelzoo and they tell me to call the resort and cancel and then call them back with cancellation number from resort. I called the resort Sandy Haven and spoke with Rowen. I explained everything to him and he told me that Travelzoo was wrong, that they needed to contact the resort and cancel my reservation and then the resort would cancel them.

I immediately call Travelzoo back and speak with a young lady named Elaine. She claims that the resort is wrong and that she will call them and help me out. She puts me on hold for like 10 minutes and says she couldn't reach them and that she was going to escalate my issue to the next level and get and have another department handle it. After not hearing anything for several days I call Travelzoo back and speak to Regina and she tells me they are still working on. In the meantime I send a email to the resort and get a response telling me the same thing again in writing now that I had been told over the phone.

I call back to Travelzoo 3 days later and speak to another young lady and she again puts me on hold for a long period of time and comes back and says she can't reach the resort so while on the phone with her I call the resort on my cell phone and wow they answered in 2 rings. I asked the girl why can I reach them and she can't and she just ignored my question and again goes in this long drawn out and rehearsed, "I'm sorry for your inconvenience but we will push this upstairs to get this taken care of", that I need to be patient. It can take several days. Well it's been 7 for a total 15 days and I still don't have my refund. If they can take my money in 30 seconds and they offer a 100% guaranteed refund then they damn well should be able to give back my money in 15 days.

Hello Kenneth,

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

While Travelzoo was once my go-to travel company, the pandemic seems to have made them resort to dishonesty. These trips are not refundable and no one can ever reach the travel companies. Might as well flush your money down the toilet.

Travelzoo response

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience thus far. We've reviewed our records and we were unable to locate an inquiry using your name. We have shared this with our Deal Experts.

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I just bought a voucher for $999 and tried to use it at the hotel. Interestingly if I booked the hotel directly, it would have saved about 30% of that price. Another disturbing fact is that the hotel was having a major construction right next to it and the sold by Travelzoo "suite" was in fact a small, regular hotel room. Very bad experience. Travelzoo never wanted to respond to my complaint. They obviously do not care.

Hello Agnes,

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: May 13, 2020

We booked our vacation package in early December to Spain. We paid over $2300. After the whole pandemic hits, I practically waited for someone to contact me since I understand it could be delayed due to all cancelation trips. Finally few emails inquiry from me on what I should do, someone contacted me after our travel date. Given us an option of canceling our trip and option one would be travel voucher ($1400), or final refund ($1000).

This is the reason why I am writing this. This is not only it is poor business practice but it's called robbing its customers. Pandemics was never anyone one fault in this matter, but what important is we paid full price for our trip and only to get back not even 40% of refund if we decided to get final refund. Please do not book with this agency, poor business integrity and this type of business should be shut down. Money do not grow on tree! So stay away everyone and take this as a warning to avoid this kind of business in future.

Travelzoo author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Travelzoo has connections to more than 2,000 travel and entertainment companies to give tourists access to fun activities as well as travel services.

• Entertainment: Travelzoo is one of the few travel websites that can help tourists find activities as well as travel services.

• Restaurants: Restaurant reviews on Travelzoo can help tourists find the best food in their destination cities.

• Cruises: Travelzoo books cruises throughout North America, Europe and Asia.

• Featured destinations: Travelzoo provides detailed guides to its featured destinations.

• Gifts: Travelzoo's Gift Guides offer discounted prices to spas, restaurants, bars and other places tourists may want to visit.

Travelzoo Company Information