3.7/5 (426 ratings)

About Travelzoo

Travelzoo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelzoo?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Saw a holiday on Travelzoo with a cruise and stay to Australia and New Zealand. Holiday was provided by Cruise118. We were to travel on the 6th February 2023 flying to Sydney with Malaysia Airlines. We were told with less than 3 weeks to departure that our flights had been cancelled. This is not true. We were told we had to accept flights on China Airlines instead which meant we would miss one of the 4 nights that were advertised in Sydney. The Travelzoo itinerary included a hotel in Sydney that was in walking distance to the opera house. When we checked the distance it was 48km. Cruise118 have been absolutely terrible. Their customer service is nonexistent. We have been told that we have to accept the new flight arrangements or loose all our money and we will have to pay for seats on the flights. The itinerary also included a trip to The Blue Mountains and a river cruise in Sydney. However we have been told that the taxi transfer from our hotel to the start of the trip cannot be organised even though it is included in our itinerary. I would advise everyone to steer clear of Travelzoo and Cruise118.

Hello John,

Thank you for sharing. We're sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with Cruise118 and that you've been advised of all of these changes to your itinerary. We'd like to review this further. Please contact Travelzoo Customer Support directly at +44 (0) 20 3564 3000 or email us at support_uk@travelzoo.com with your trip details including your booking number so we may better assist you.

Amanda

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

Avoid using this company as they will not assist you if something goes wrong as we found. We were sold a completely misrepresented holiday by Travelodeal and they both refuse to take ownership of our issues. They simply allow these companies to advertise their holiday deals and are completely ok with Travelodeal charging unauthorized admin charges and actually recording customer credit card details. I am astounded at their customer service. I will never book with Travelzoo again.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

Jetline advertised an Eastern Europe vacation package on Travelzoo. 11 family members booked this package to be together for a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Europe for Christmas. What we actually received was a mixed bag of terms and conditions that do not apply, unresponsive Jetline agents, system down, medical emergency, managers that were to step in and help us without any resolution to date and credits that are never processed.

The "upgrades" Jetline sold us were overpriced and never delivered. We paid upgrades for for 1 checked in bag for flight per person. Jetline booked the cheapest flights possible of LIGHT FARES that do not include a checked in bag but they surely charged us for the more expensive flights! Our upgraded train vouchers for Business/1st Class were actually booked as SUPER SAVER fares the cheapest train ticket possible, not keeping our family together. Jetline actually booked us on different trains, different times and even different stations for senior citizens!

Lufthansa changed our departure flights to and from and gave Jetline 4 months notice but they never adjusted our trip or notified us. Their terms & conditions note they are not responsible for flight changes. I totally understand last minute flight changes, but 4 months in advance, and not processing it or even attempting to adjust our packages had us in 2 countries for less than 12 hours a piece! AND paying for 2 nights additional hotel stays that we could not use! I will NEVER book another trip on Travelzoo or Jetline in my lifetime and will shout from the rooftops to try and save any other family the heartache, stress, worry, and wet blanket put on our trip.

Hello Siscily,

Thank you for sharing. We're sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with Jetline and that you had so many difficulties with your experience and trip. We'd like to review this further. Please contact Travelzoo Customer Support directly at 877-665-0000 or email us at support@travelzoo.com with your trip details including your booking number so we may better assist you.

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

Received travel specials from Travelzoo. Travelzoo advertised for Exoticca Tours and I booked a trip leaving on October 27th 2022 to Petra Jordan. This tour company is awful. I went as a solo female traveler and they had no concern for my safety or my well-being. They advertise a good special for four star accommodations and after you arrive you are given a revised hotel accommodations that inform you that you've been placed in a one-star Hotel. Travelzoo should be held partially responsible because they advertise for Exoticca Tours. Travelzoo should investigate Exoticca Tours and make a strong decision on whether to continue to advertise this company on their website.

Hello Regina,

We're sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with Exoticca. We understand how upsetting it can be when your hotel accommodations are changed upon arrival as a solo traveler. We are notifying our Deal Experts. Thank you for sharing that feedback.

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

TravelZoo has been sending me emails without my permission for years now. I have tried and tried to get them to stop but they won't. They have an unsubscribe at the bottom of the page but you have to make an account with them, including password, before you get into the site to unsubscribe. What kind of nonsense is this? I have blocked them time and time again but they keep getting into my inbox. Now I am getting emails almost every hour. Today, I did some research and found a phone number, I called to be told it will take time to remove my email since there are already many emails going into my inbox. I asked for a supervisor and their rep, Yamal, started arguing with me. Any company that has to keep someone hostage to keep up their numbers is a company you should never trust. Run from this nightmare. There are companies out there with good reputations.

Hello Lynette,

Thank you for sharing. We're sorry to hear you've had a bad experience unsubscribing from our emails. I can confirm that you have been unsubscribed from our email communications. We do schedule emails to be sent out and these cannot be stopped. Due to this we always ask members who are unsubscribing to allow 3-5 business days for any previously scheduled emails to filter out of our system.

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Travelzoo website promoted UTOvacation for Asia travel and I booked a trip to Japan for Oct 2022 from UTO and made a deposit of $1200.00. However the trip has been cancelled by UTOvacation despite the fact that Japan has been fully opened earlier Oct. As specified by their customer service rep Amy on June 28th. I was assured during the call that my refund would be processed in next few days and was told not to worry about my money; however, it has taken more than four months with continued radio silence on their part despite consistent attempts to contact them regarding the refund.

On August 3rd I was sent an email saying the refund "was still pending approval" with no further elaboration. This company seemingly scams customers of cancelled trips by keeping their money and either refusing to refund or completely ignoring all requests for refunds. Upon further research, there have been an extensive number of complaints of the same issue, with some calling for a class action lawsuit. How could Travelzoo continue to advertise UTOvacation and more customers are trapped.

Hello June,

Thank you for sharing. We're sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with UTO Vacations, and that your refund is still pending approval. We'd like to review this further. Please contact Travelzoo Customer Support directly at 877-665-0000 or email us at support@travelzoo.com with your trip details including your booking number so we may better assist you.

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

So far we have had great experiences booking off Travelzoo, this was an exception. Saw a very low price for 7 day trip to Jordan offered by Jetline Vacations. After calling we had a slight upsell in flights but were ready to book. Terms were 2/3 down and 1/3 due in 7 months. Jetline tried to charge the entire amount to my credit card. Fortunately, the credit card flagged it as fraud and we were able to get out with no financial damage. Run away from the company, they are dishonest.

Hello Hank,

We're sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with Jetline Vacations. We understand how upsetting it can be when the payment is collected contrary to the payment terms for the deal. I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve this with your credit card company. We are notifying our Deal Experts. Thank you for sharing that feedback.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

This company has zero integrity and rips off its customers. I made a booking and 3 weeks before travel they advised me the hotel would not be open and therefore I had no accommodation. After many days of back and forth, they then offered me compensation for the hassle and issues and advised me to send in my invoice once I'd picked and stayed at a new hotel. When I submitted my invoice after my stay they are now refusing to honour the agreed upon amount even though it is clearly written in an email and recorded on the call. They have the worst customer service and dishonest employees. Do not give this fraudulent company your money. They have zero integrity.

Dear Adrienne,

Thank you for sharing. We understand how frustrating it can be when a hotel has an unexpected closure. I see our team has been in contact with you directly and has provided a refund for the difference in cost for your alternative accommodations. I'm sorry we weren't able to provide the resolution you desired.

If there are any other concerns, please call us at 877-665-0000, 7 days a week, 9 AM - 9 PM ET.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

I was a loyal Travelzoo fan for 15 years. Booked my honeymoon hotels in 2006 from Travelzoo and got hooked since! Travelzoo is an advertiser for UTOVacations, and every week there is one Top 20 deal that they recommend. So I booked a family vacation on June 21. I contacted UTOVacations within one week of booking to reschedule because my mother got diagnosed with late-stage cancer. However, they told me no dates are available, even though they were advertising new tour dates at the same time with Travelzoo! (See attached screenshots). I was told by them to contact my credit card company if I’m not happy with the travel date. That’s why I opened a dispute. However, UTOVacations then said, "We would have given you other dates but because you filed a dispute, we don’t want to do anything with you, and you lose your security deposit." It was frustrating to hear this after 2.5 months of diligent follow up.

I checked the contract terms again that said free reschedule. The terms do NOT state anywhere that you will lose security deposit IF you file for dispute. That’s when I started digging further into UTOVacations and read reviews where this company takes you on “mandated shopping trips” aka timeshare style. This was NOT mentioned anywhere in the Travelzoo advertisement! I realized that I booked with this merchant only because it was recommended by Travelzoo.

So I called Travelzoo and asked them why the merchant would NOT reschedule me. I even agreed to travel on the original date. After 6 weeks of diligent follow up with Travelzoo, I was told that the case is still being handled by upper management. Meanwhile every week, I continue to see UTO Vacation deals advertised in the Top 20!! There was more than one time when I heard the Travelzoo customer representative laughing as they reviewed my case notes, and I asked them “What is funny?” I heard back “Oh, I was just clearing my throat.”

Dear Poonam,

Thank you for sharing. We're sorry you had to cancel your trip due to your mother's illness and for the following difficulty you had trying to reschedule your trip with UTO Vacations. I see our team is still advocating on your behalf with UTO Vacations and will be in touch as soon as there is an update.

I'm sorry we haven't been able to negotiate the resolution you desired thus far. If there are any other concerns, please call us at 1-877-665-0000, 7 days a week, 9 AM - 9 PM ET.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

I am so angry with Travelzoo. They sell their own holiday directly which I have so far had a 5* experience with. The last holiday I booked with them was from a 3rd party, but as it was on their website I naively presumed it would be a reputable company. I booked the holiday, I was told no less than 15 times on the phone when booking the holiday that it was ATOL protected, received an email a few weeks before the holiday saying my flight had been cancelled. I got this email from the airline not the travel agent, only because I registered with the airline on their website and added the booking, if I hadn't done that I would've got to the airport and been told then the flight was cancelled, Jetline didn't even bother to let me know.

Called them, said I want to cancel, OK if you do that we can't refund you anything!!! I blew my top at him. After going absolutely ballistic and saying fine I will do a charge back on my credit card, they immediately decided they would refund some money! The flight!! Said fine I'll do a charge back, then told ok we'll give you a refund minus £150!!! Jetline is a bunch of scam artists, they're all buttery when selling the holiday but then as soon as they have your money goodbye to any service!! Sorry for the long review just wanted to explain the whole experience, bottom line it's disgusting that travelzoo are advertising jetline holidays all over their website, especially after coming on here and seeing circa 300+ complaints about them!!

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for sharing. We're sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with Jetline, and that your flight was cancelled without Jetline notifying you and that you had a difficult time receiving your refund. We'd like to review this further. Please contact Travelzoo Customer Support directly at +44 (0) 20 3564 3000 or email us at support_uk@travelzoo.com with your trip details including your booking number so we may better assist you.

Travelzoo author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Travelzoo has connections to more than 2,000 travel and entertainment companies to give tourists access to fun activities as well as travel services.

• Entertainment: Travelzoo is one of the few travel websites that can help tourists find activities as well as travel services.

• Restaurants: Restaurant reviews on Travelzoo can help tourists find the best food in their destination cities.

• Cruises: Travelzoo books cruises throughout North America, Europe and Asia.

• Featured destinations: Travelzoo provides detailed guides to its featured destinations.

• Gifts: Travelzoo's Gift Guides offer discounted prices to spas, restaurants, bars and other places tourists may want to visit.

Travelzoo Company Information