4.18/5
Based on 22 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a travel site?

Last updated: March 31, 2018

22 Travelzoo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 31, 2018

We (myself and Owen **) booked a hotel in the UK city of Bath over a busy Easter weekend using TravelZoo. When we arrived the hotel did not have our reservation, fee or any rooms available. The owner said he didn't list with Travelzoo and tried repeatedly to call them and clear the matter up. Each tone they said that would call back, but they did not. We have not had any further communication from them or a refund. In the end the hotel owner gave us his manager's room free of charge. Do not use this company. They do not accept responsibility for their mistakes.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I made an account in Travelzoo and it was very easy and simple process. Easy to search and find what you are looking for. Whether it is a flight, a rental car, or a hotel. Many options to choose from with a lot of images and information. But there are too many popups or pages that open when you click on a search. Can be frustrating when you are doing searches and they send you to all these pages.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Travelzoo is a nice website to use, easy to search and fun. It doesn't take a lot of time to find the hotel you are looking for. I use this website last depending on what I am looking for and where I am looking to travel. There are other sites out there as well. I came across Travelzoo when searching for hotels. I like the design and style and the layout of the website. It's very reliable and quick and efficient to use. I always get good results and happy with the outcome.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Travelzoo was very easy to use. I went to the website. Got to know the website. Browsed around for a bit. I really liked how it looked. I looked for a hotel room. I looked at some pictures they had on there. I read some reviews and information about the hotel. Then I booked my hotel room. I was very impressed how easy the process was to go through. I would highly recommend my friends and family to give it a try or anyone for that matter.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I like the deals they show on the home page. It's easy to search for different vacations based on what area you would like to travel. It shows when airfare is included on certain deals as well. They have categories like family friendly, romantic, beach, etc. These make planning your next trip quite simple. The site is great. It has a lot to offer and everything is really easy to use. I searched for a hotel in the area I would be staying. I created an account and answered all of the questions they asked as far as occupancy and the days that we would be there. I looked at amenities and check in/out information and then went through the check out process. But I didn't see a section for last minute deals or getaways and I think that might be a cool feature to have. I know that there are other sites that do it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelzoo?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

The site Travelzoo was navigation-friendly and has absolutely quick and very good service. It has a very nice looking website and decent prices. I have tried other sites before but for some odd reason, I find myself going back over to Travelzoo.com. In the process of making an account with Travelzoo, the whole process was easy and pleasant. If I had to do it again, Travelzoo would be the first place I would arrange everything.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I liked Travelzoo because of its easy searchable features and previous patrons reviews. It helped me find what I was looking for and make an informed decision. I did make an account years ago. When I am booking multiple things I will access it. If I am only booking one thing, something small, I sometimes check out as guest. I appreciate the map view, it helps while planning. I do like that this site combines travel with deals, so I know what I can do when I get to a location. With a discount. Awesome! However, I am not a fan of the current layout. The giant pictures make it seem like I have to scroll forever to find/read everything.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I like that the website is grouped by types of excursions and that there are packaged deals, both new and ongoing. Even more convenient is being able to book not only flight and hotels, but also tours. Also, maybe add a guarantee that if deals subsequently post at a lower rate, then the difference between amount paid will be refunded, and perhaps include facts/figures that prove the "deals" really have the lowest rate. Booking was also relatively easy and an account was made as that seems to be the norm these days. Customer service contact number was provided too... although not yet needed, thankfully.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I like how easy it is to use Travelzoo.com. The website is simple, and the search bar is really helpful because I can easily narrow down what I'm looking for. Everything is in one spot to navigate. I also created an account to make it an easier process and found that it was simple to find what I needed for my travel and to make a purchase. I would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I like using this website. It was very easy to make an account and find what I needed and make a purchase. They have also very attractive offers at the front page. The website is very easy to use, have many searches to narrow and find faster the right trip and is visually appealing. There are many attractive pictures of destinations.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I used Travelzoo.com once to book a flight. I didn't make an account with them but I was able to book and purchase with no problem. It was the only website I used for travel information. It was simple to use and I had a good experience with them. I was able to find what I was looking for and the website was easy to follow. They were very helpful.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I signed up and created an account to easily save my selections for future reference. It was very easy to create an account and get logged in. There are several companies and links to different pricing and locations. You can easily see the pricing up front and what hotel or travel company is offering the booking. You also can get many pictures of inside the properties. You can easily compare different amenities and options to make the right decision.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

They are a great website. They have many features such as many flights to chose from and they have many cheap flights from different price ranges. They also have many websites where you can compare prices and travel packages. I did make an account for Travelzoo. It was very easy to get what I needed to purchase at a reasonable price. I had a wonderful time at the site. The only thing I don't like is probably the website itself. It is a little cluttered but that is about it.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

The website is good. It is well put. Also, it is easy to nav over to what you want. Easy to book as well. It is very simple to get around on the website. There is not anything hard to do on this website. The design was put up and was think well. The heading is eye-catching. I made an account and I love it. I book all the time with this website for my hotel and traveling. The only thing is it's not mainstream at all but besides that it is great.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Many options to choose from regarding various ways to travel and great prices too. But I wish that the website was more accessible. It was difficult to navigate throughout the site due to many tabs. There are no added fees, though, which is nice and all prices are given to you upfront.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

The website is well designed and it is rather straightforward on how to navigate and to select the desired items offered for purchase. It was very easy to book. I had an account that I created before so I did not need to create a new account. I just logged in using my existing sign on information. The Travelzoo website offers lots of available choices and prices too. The site is functional and no bugs or issues were encountered. However, the website at times can offer way too many options and choices that can be very overwhelming and at times can be a little hard on the eyes and in my case caused watering of the eyes where I needed to administer eye drops to both of my eyes. But they deliver as promised.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

This website was relatively simple if you are familiar with travel sites. I like having one place to search for travel deals (especially when it includes air and hotel). I like it to be easy to navigate and for it to find multiple options for me to choose from. I would like to put multiple scenarios in for searching, though, so that I can base my travel on the best deal all at once. It's easier if I can compare options (dates or location) without having to start a new search. As I am becoming more familiar with VRBO's I'd like my travel search to also include VRBO's as an option. Also, I do not make an account if I don't absolutely have to. I hate having my email bogged down by creating yet another account. I would do an SSO option to my Google if it was available.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

A useful tool for later. I navigated the site for a moment to see what features it offered. I then narrowed that search down to a hotel search. The website is nicely laid out and easy to navigate and flows nicely. I did not make an account, but I like the different categories for all of the different kind of trips. You have choices from a quick weekend or holiday getaway or the ultimate vacation. But there is actually one feature that I think would be great. It needs a road trip "scenic route" category. It would be cool if you could put in your location and how long you want your road trip and if you want to take the scenic route or not and have accurate routes available.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I enjoy getting the Discounted rates on my travel accommodations such as hotels, flights and rental cars. I also enjoy searching the site for the last minute hot deals also. It's nice for people like myself on a budget. I also enjoy reading reviews from other people on there. However, they continue to send out way too many emails after joining and sometimes prices are hard to nail down. But besides that, it is alright. More people should try sites like this one to save on traveling.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I used the site for booking a trip and I was able to compare prices, look at dates and adjust my travel to the price & time that best suits me. I like the freedom this site offers me. This site also has a very large selection of different companies to compare. It is easy to use, follow and well organized too. Plus, it's a lot of money savings. I love this site. I will never use anything but this site. I have nothing but good to speak of it.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Travelzoo do not fill their website with dubious deals which are not really genuine but focuses on those that offer the purchaser a much better product with unbelievable discounts. Our deal included a three course evening meal which was exceptional and far exceeded our expectations. In all it was a lovely stay and excellent value for money. We would like to thank Travelzoo for their customer focus in choosing their deals, and the staff at The Maritime hotel for all their hard work in providing a marvelous stay. The place and surroundings were fantastic, the staff absolutely wonderful, everything about it was really good. Would not hesitate to recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I like that on this site you can get multiple offers in one search. Search is set up easy to use by just putting in your destination and date. Very user friendly. There are way too many popups on this page, though. Offers will pop up in another screen instead of all offers showing up on one page with multiple offers. Wish it would transfer to the lowest price after I click on my choice.

Travelzoo expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Travelzoo has connections to more than 2,000 travel and entertainment companies to give tourists access to fun activities as well as travel services.

• Entertainment: Travelzoo is one of the few travel websites that can help tourists find activities as well as travel services.

• Restaurants: Restaurant reviews on Travelzoo can help tourists find the best food in their destination cities.

• Cruises: Travelzoo books cruises throughout North America, Europe and Asia.

• Featured destinations: Travelzoo provides detailed guides to its featured destinations.

• Gifts: Travelzoo's Gift Guides offer discounted prices to spas, restaurants, bars and other places tourists may want to visit.

• Best for: Luxury travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs