3.6/5 (264 ratings)

About Travelzoo

Travelzoo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelzoo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelzoo?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

I purchased a Brewdog Beer & Cheese voucher just prior to the first lockdown. It was extended till November 2021 by Brewdog & Travelzoo claimed it was 'Fully Refundable'. I was not able to use it until after the second lockdown so when I contacted the pub, I was told on two occasions that it was too busy & I should try again when it was less busy. Because of other commitments, a couple of isolations, Christmas etc... I could not use it but I thought it would be safe because of the 'Fully Refundable' claim.

Hmmm... clearly I did not read the small print. When I contacted Travelzoo they said they would not refund because of company policy... They have not taken into account the pandemic & it's as if it is a robot replying to their emails. Brewdog themselves said I should contact Travelzoo & ask them to reconsider - so I did... & got the same reply. I will not use Travelzoo again & would recommend to others to think very carefully before using them. Read some of the other reviews first.

Hello Ian,

Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry to hear that has happened. Please contact Travelzoo Customer Support directly at +44 (0) 20 3564 3000 or email us at support_uk@travelzoo.com with your purchase details so we may assist you.

Amanda

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

We booked a trip offered by Travelzoo through Jetline Holidays for a seven-day trip to Paris and London for September 2021. After we paid $3950.00 for three people for this trip, Jetline Holidays told us the airline cancelled our flight due to covid-19, but that we shouldn't worried because, even though they don't refund the money, we had until December 31, 2021, to book another trip to be taken during 2022. When I called in the beginning of December to book our new trip, they wanted $3,000.00 more, arguing that the airplane fare had increased. After I told them that they were delusional if they thought I was going to pay a total of $7,000.00 for the trip, they started emailing me "offers". They went from asking an additional amount of $3,000.00, to $2000.00, then $1,850.00, $1,000.00. I said no.

Their "final offer", paying an additional $550.00 (which would've been $4,450.00 total) included only six nights, not seven as we had paid for, and no visit to London. The hotel they were giving us was in a bad neighborhood of Paris, and it looks more like a hostel than a hotel. I checked online and the airline tickets were $570.00 per person. The hotel is advertised online for $70.00 a night. Total cost $2,130.00. I had already paid $3,950.00, and they wanted me to pay $550.00 more! I didn't pay and they said I lost my money for not booking the new trip. By now, of course, my credit card company cannot reverse the charges because it has been too long. I trusted Travelzoo thinking that they only advertise reputable companies in their website. But now I know that I was wrong, and that mistake cost me $3,950.00.

Hello Evangelina,

Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry to hear that has happened. We'd like to take a closer look, please email Travelzoo Customer Support at support@travelzoo.com with the purchase details so we may assist.

Amanda

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

We trusted Travelzoo to research their recommended vacations. A beautiful trip to Bali with 100% refund if you can’t go due to Covid restrictions. *** Jetline Vacations & Travelzoo will say anything to get your money. *** Bali is requiring a 14 day quarantine in their quarantine hotel. I’m not flying all the way to Bali to stay locked up in a government hotel only to fly home 10 days later for gobs of money. Jetline says they will not refund my money. They require I reschedule and I have to pay more to do that because the prices have gone up since we booked. We just want our money back.

Hello Mary,

Thank you for sharing, I'm very sorry to hear that this happened. We would like to know more about your experience with Jetline. Please contact Travelzoo Customer Support at 877-665-0000 or email us with the details of the trip you booked so that we may better assist you with this.

Amanda

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Booked a trip to Russia through Travelzoo with one of their partners Exoticca. It was one of their top 20 deals of the week. Long story short, we were in Poland (from the US) about to travel to Russia on an Exoticca fully paid trip. Exoticca notified us less than 24 hours before leaving that the trip was cancelled. Refunded approximately 1/3 of what we paid. Spoke to Travelzoo and they were absolutely no help in recovering the rest and continue to highlight Exoticca on their website. Exoticca has done this or similar to many people and yet Travelzoo continues to highlight them. Very disappointing, I thought Travelzoo cared more about their brand.

Hello Barbara,

I'm very sorry to hear this happened and that you did not receive a full refund for your cancelled trip. I see that our team advocated on your behalf and received confirmation that Exoticca is in contact with you and that they have offered to refund you. Thank you for sharing that feedback.

Amanda

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

We've used TravelZoo for 5 vacations so far (Maldives 2x, Thailand, St Vincent, Aruba) and have been VERY pleased. But keep in mind, ALL of these were vacations where we paid TravelZoo DIRECTLY and were with REPUTABLE, WELL-KNOWN hotels or companies (like Affordable World Tours or CheapCarribean). I don't know why TravelZoo continues to allow scammers like JetLine and Exoticca to offer deals when TravelZoo KNOWS they are not reputable. If your booking is not directly with TravelZoo (where they collect the $$ from you) then be sure to Google the travel agent/company FIRST.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Beware: Travelzoo doesn't warn customers of risk of loss and won't offer a refund when its travel partner absconds with your advance payment. Travelzoo promoted a Thailand trip in one of its "Top 20" emails sent to subscribers in December 2019. The Travelzoo "deal expert" for the trip promoted it as one of the best deals they've seen, and the email included a link to the Travelzoo webpage, which had another link to the actual travel provider, Phoenix Holidays. Trusting Travelzoo's recommendation, I booked the trip for Feb 25, 2020 and paid $2,813.

Due to COVID the trip got postponed several times, and ultimately Phoenix Holidays stopped responding to my emails. A Travelzoo rep confirmed that the company was out of business, apologized, and asked me to send documentation from Phoenix Holidays for a possible refund. After I submitted the docs, Travelzoo responded that it had no responsibility for my loss because it was only an "advertiser."

Just because Travelzoo acts as an advertiser and front-end portal for its travel partners doesn’t absolve it of wrongdoing of its travel partner. It has the responsibility to vet and ensure that its travel partners are financially secure and not scammers. Otherwise, it needs to let its customers know that it takes no responsibility in the event of loss and that there is, indeed, a real risk of loss.

Travelzoo did not make this disclaimer or indicate this risk. Had it not promoted the Thailand trip in its Top 20 newsletter and provided the link to the travel partner on its website, I never would have booked the trip. Had it stated that there was a potential risk of loss of advance payment because it does not take responsibility for its travel partners and does not vet them or hold back funds or a reserve for losses, I never would have booked the trip and lost my money. Travelzoo now refuses to discuss restitution, EVEN FOR THE COMMISSION IT MADE from my payment. They simply provided a link to a Quebec gov't website to submit a claim (all in French) or contact the Travelzoo legal department.

Resolution response: June 2, 2022

I have marked this as "resolved" for an update but my issue was NOT resolved. I still haven't received a refund from Jetline Holidays/Vacations and the pathetic thing was, TravelZoo reached out to me to "look into this". They have reached out to me here and on Trustpilot. We went back and forth on email only to tell me that my trip wasn't "fully refundable", only "no-fee change" which is ridiculous and untrue. I specifically only chose this trip because it was advertised on the home page as FULLY REFUNDABLE. The poorly written contract from Jetline also states that if there's an uncontrollable situation, then I'm entitled to a full refund. Was this NOT an uncontrollable situation? Paying for a trip to be in quarantine the entire time is apparently not a problem to Jetline or TravelZoo.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

In Mar 2021, I booked an Iceland trip package for Nov 2021 that was supposedly fully refundable which was why I chose it to begin with. However, I was incredibly displeased on how shady Jetline Holidays was and why TravelZoo chose to false advertise as such. 1. Upon booking, the agent never mentioned any refund policy other than what was stated on TravelZoo. It was only after I paid, that I was send a PDF which included terms and conditions that stated should anything go wrong that's uncontrollable, a full refund will be provided. 2. This refund policy was untrue as I tried to cancel the trip a few months ago due to Iceland's ever-changing COVID-19 rules. They want unvaccinated travelers to quarantine for 5 days which made no sense as my trip was only 7 days so it meant I would have to be in a hotel the entire time and I'd miss the tour I paid for in the package.

3. I emailed Jetline Holidays to explain this and they told me they will not refund me because it was a "voluntary" cancellation. I contacted them and asked them what justifies voluntary and they never responded for months. 4. The price was much higher than what was advertised on TravelZoo. I had to paid $200+ more per person because Jetline Holidays claimed that the original flight had a 24-hour layover. Why was this not mentioned upfront considering that would've meant I'd miss the tour I paid for? They baited me to paying extra for a problem they failed to mention to me upfront.

5. From August to October, I received no response on my refund request. I was getting extremely stressed and annoyed so I called my credit card company about getting my refund back. Jetline Holidays was unaware of this dispute so they kept calling me and emailing me about hotel changes. Apparently, the original hotel was cancelled and closed due to COVID-19 and this was info they gave me 2 weeks ago (and the trip is next month). Imagine what else could go wrong with this trip?! I've tried so hard to speak to Jetline Holidays kindly and I'm adamant about getting a full refund because but this is ridiculous! Expecting someone to pay $1700 to go to another country just to be in a hotel the entire time. Makes absolutely no sense. I'm so angry I fell for this and disappointed that TravelZoo allows this bait-and-switch to happen. I would never book with any TravelZoo agencies or affiliates ever again!

Hello Janet,

Thank you for sharing. I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened. We'd like to take a closer look. Please email us at support@travelzoo.com with the purchase details.

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I booked a Travelzoo hotel deal for two nights Bed and Breakfast for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Three days later the hotel rang me and said they were cancelling the room as Travelzoo should not have offered the deal at Christmas or New Year. They blamed Travelzoo, but I now have to search for alternative accommodation through no fault of my own. Is a Hotel allowed to do this?

Hello Peter,

Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry to hear that has happened. I'd like to take a close look, please email me at support_uk@travelzoo.com with the purchase details.

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Buyer Beware!!! I purchased a "Fully Refundable" deal from Travelzoo during the pandemic. Guess what's? It's NOT "Fully Refundable" at all. FALSE ADVERTISING!!! I am not a happy consumer. They are misleading people.

Hello Dawn,

I'm very sorry to hear of your experience thus far. I see that you have been in contact with Travelzoo Customer Support. I'm terribly sorry this wasn't the resolution you were hoping for but appreciate your understanding.

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: July 18, 2021

We saw a deal on Travelzoo and got directed to Jetlinevacations.com. The travel package to Costa Rica included airfare, hotels and a car. The car rental company is a fishy local 3rd party provider called Mex Rent a car. When we got there, they said they canceled our reservation and referred us to Jetline Vacations for a refund. Jetline Vacations pretends working something out for us but does not respond anymore. They also said the local car rental company Mex Rent a car needs to confirm the refund. We talked to locals in Costa Rica and heard that this company only has 40 cars, rents them to more people than cars available, constantly cancels on customers and never refunds the price.

We also believe that Jetline Vacations knows about it and willingly does business with this fraudulent car rental company to be able to offer those eye-catching travel packages. We ended up having to pay for a car out of pocket for the entire trip and we were not refunded for the car that was part of our package. That should have never happened. Do not book with Jetline Vacations and definitely never rent a car through Mex Rent a car if you do not want to be scammed!!!!

Hello Kathrin,

I'm very sorry to hear of your experience thus far. We've reviewed our records and we were unable to locate an inquiry using your name. We've shared this with our Deal Experts. If you still need assistance with this, please contact Travelzoo Customer Support at 877-665-0000.

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: July 14, 2021

Beware of these terrible practices. 3 hour drive to tour. 3 hours back. Cruddy service. It’s way more than 499. Don’t do it. Don’t use travel by Jen. No breakfast. Car insurance. Covid test 150 per person. Hotel are poor quality.

Hello Michael,

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: July 5, 2021

Very poor experience with JetLine Vacations referred via Travel Zoo. Representative Sydney was very determined to not let us cancel our inquiry. Then hung up on us. He was telling us that we could not cancel when it was just an inquiry on a trip that was so low it was hard to believe. Indeed don’t believe!

Hello Gary,

I'm very sorry to hear of your experience thus far. We've reviewed our records and we were unable to locate an inquiry using your name. We've shared this with our Deal Experts. If you still need asssitance with this, please contact Travelzoo Customer Support at 877-665-0000.

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: June 16, 2021

We've used Travel Zoo in the past, so we AGAIN went with a trip they advertised. JETLINE HOLIDAYS AKA JETLINE VACATIONS took our $1600 deposit - with 'Benjamin's' promise that, if the trip was canceled because of Covid, our full refund would immediately be processed. After multiple calls to Benjamin - who was readily accessible when trying to extract our $1600 - but now, he fails to respond. After 5 contacts, my husband finally got him on the phone. Benjamin promised to send our refund. NO REFUND. And the wannabe Customer Service manager at Jetline is JUST as useless because after I spoke with HIM, he also promised the refund AND he said that 'as soon we hung-up, he'd send an email documenting what would be done.' NO EMAIL. NO CALL for 3 weeks.

So, one would think that Travel Zoo would exert some pressure over these hustlers. NO. Jetline won't give us a refund. There are THOUSANDS of online complaints about these shysters AND Travel Zoo isn't helping any of those who were scammed! Travel Zoo has responsibility in this! TRAVEL ZOO IS AS SHADY, USELESS, & SHADY AS JETLINE!

Hello Mary,

I'm very sorry to hear of your experience thus far. We've reviewed our records and we were unable to locate an inquiry using your name. We've shared this with our Deal Experts. In the future, please contact Travelzoo Customer Support at 877-665-0000 for assistance.

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: May 1, 2021

I used to like them but they’re not the company they once were. I purchased a trip through them, with a company called Jetline Holidays. Jetline Holidays turns out to be scammers (**), and Travelzoo has been informed of this. Not only are they refusing to help me get my money back, they continue to work with Jetline. If you buy through Travelzoo, you will get no support. Please shop elsewhere.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I purchased a hotel package in December 2020 for my wife and I to go to Jamaica in June 2021. The travel voucher states that it's 100% refundable. I recently found out that I would have to cancel the trip due to family issues. I called Travelzoo and they tell me to call the resort and cancel and then call them back with cancellation number from resort. I called the resort Sandy Haven and spoke with Rowen. I explained everything to him and he told me that Travelzoo was wrong, that they needed to contact the resort and cancel my reservation and then the resort would cancel them.

I immediately call Travelzoo back and speak with a young lady named Elaine. She claims that the resort is wrong and that she will call them and help me out. She puts me on hold for like 10 minutes and says she couldn't reach them and that she was going to escalate my issue to the next level and get and have another department handle it. After not hearing anything for several days I call Travelzoo back and speak to Regina and she tells me they are still working on. In the meantime I send a email to the resort and get a response telling me the same thing again in writing now that I had been told over the phone.

I call back to Travelzoo 3 days later and speak to another young lady and she again puts me on hold for a long period of time and comes back and says she can't reach the resort so while on the phone with her I call the resort on my cell phone and wow they answered in 2 rings. I asked the girl why can I reach them and she can't and she just ignored my question and again goes in this long drawn out and rehearsed, "I'm sorry for your inconvenience but we will push this upstairs to get this taken care of", that I need to be patient. It can take several days. Well it's been 7 for a total 15 days and I still don't have my refund. If they can take my money in 30 seconds and they offer a 100% guaranteed refund then they damn well should be able to give back my money in 15 days.

Hello Kenneth,

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

While Travelzoo was once my go-to travel company, the pandemic seems to have made them resort to dishonesty. These trips are not refundable and no one can ever reach the travel companies. Might as well flush your money down the toilet.

Travelzoo response

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience thus far. We've reviewed our records and we were unable to locate an inquiry using your name. We have shared this with our Deal Experts.

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I just bought a voucher for $999 and tried to use it at the hotel. Interestingly if I booked the hotel directly, it would have saved about 30% of that price. Another disturbing fact is that the hotel was having a major construction right next to it and the sold by Travelzoo "suite" was in fact a small, regular hotel room. Very bad experience. Travelzoo never wanted to respond to my complaint. They obviously do not care.

Hello Agnes,

The Travelzoo Team

Original review: May 13, 2020

We booked our vacation package in early December to Spain. We paid over $2300. After the whole pandemic hits, I practically waited for someone to contact me since I understand it could be delayed due to all cancelation trips. Finally few emails inquiry from me on what I should do, someone contacted me after our travel date. Given us an option of canceling our trip and option one would be travel voucher ($1400), or final refund ($1000).

This is the reason why I am writing this. This is not only it is poor business practice but it's called robbing its customers. Pandemics was never anyone one fault in this matter, but what important is we paid full price for our trip and only to get back not even 40% of refund if we decided to get final refund. Please do not book with this agency, poor business integrity and this type of business should be shut down. Money do not grow on tree! So stay away everyone and take this as a warning to avoid this kind of business in future.

Original review: April 13, 2020

We booked a $5000 trip to Greece through TravelZoo and their "partner" Jetline Holidays based in London. In early March, we called Jetline with concern over COVID-19 and we were told that we had nothing to worry about, if the airlines or hotel cancel, we'd be offered a refund. A few days later, the airlines and hotel cancelled. We called Jetline again and we were told they'd call us back. A few days later we get an email saying Jetline office closed down including their phones. We never received a call back from Jetline. We called Travelzoo at least a half dozen times. Although polite, they said they'd try to reach Jetline on our behalf. Of course, they never did. Time to find some lawyers.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Booked a trip using the Travelzoo site for the price of 1355.00. Not even 8 hours later the exact same trip dropped in price to 1195.00. A difference of 160.00. Called the customer service immediately and showed them the proof of the difference in price and was told they would not honor the lower price. That the Hilton hotel I booked lowered the price but they would not credit me the 160.00. I asked to speak to a supervisor or management and was told that a note would be left for them to contact me the next day. No response so I submitted an email for my request on a Saturday.

They finally responded today Monday and said they would not give me the credit. Stating once you book and pay they do not issue credit. This must be the only company in the states at least that does not honor a refund or credit if the price drops. I mean this wasn’t even 24 hours, this price dropped within 8 hours. This is my first dealings with this site and it will be my last. So beware of their policies as others have stated above. This is not a company who believes in satisfying their customer.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I booked a nights stay for 2 at Dean Valley Manor Hotel through Travelzoo. However my stay was cancelled by the hotel but they kept my money! I have tried everything to get my money back but I have been well and truly ripped off! Do not be conned as I have!!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Travelzoo is a broker that takes no interest in the quality of products or services you buy. If you, like me, are a victim of FRAUD by a vendor they have on their website, you are basically screwed. BUYER BEWARE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Original review: May 30, 2019

We were directed to Travelzoo from Azores Vacation in order to rent a car. Travelzoo in turn sent us on to a company called Rentalcars.Com‎, who entered us into a contract with Goldcar to rent a car in Madeira for a week. We also purchased the extra insurance package from Travelzoo but they just bounced us to a company called Rentalcover.com who we purchased the policy. You don't know about all these links when you rent from Travelzoo. You just agreed to extra insurance and you assume you just bought it, along with the car, from Travelzoo.

The actual rental company Goldcar, upon our arrival in Madeira, refused to give us the car. Saying our rental agreement was not complete. Goldcar wanted an additional $254 Euros (more than doubling the price we paid Travelzoo). We went next door to Avis and rented a car for less than Goldcar was asking for the top up of 254 Euros. Now try and get your money back from this chain. Is it Azores Vacation, Travelzoo, Rentalcars.com, Goldcar or Rentalcover.com? Goldcar staff at the Madeira airport are con artists and quite simply crooks. We had to get the police involved. Even the airport police warned us before going to the counter that they know how bad the staff are and that they get numerous complaints.

Original review: March 30, 2019

On March 26, 2019, due to the confusing stacking and inconspicuous print for ticketing options to Knott’s Berry Farm, we accidentally purchased 4 tickets valid only through March 28, 2019, instead of using the selection just below for tickets for March 29, 2019 and thereafter. Why they would list tickets that expire in two days and not put such disclosure in bold print, or in red font, is puzzling. Immediately, we recognized the mistake and called the customer service department and were quite rudely and abruptly advised that the applicable “terms and conditions” say no refunds so there was nothing TravelZoo can do.

Selling “season tickets” on its website which expire in 48 HOURS is not in good faith; Stacking the options on top of each other without any particular conspicuous text indicating or calling out the expiration date is unfair; The mistake like we made must occur quite often given TravelZoo’s placement of the options with valid dates in smaller text than the title above which indicates “2019 ADMISSION… GOOD ANY DAY”; Such mistakes are the result of TravelZoo’s placement of these boxes and allows TravelZoo to be unjustly benefitted at the expense of consumers like us; and There are not enforceable “NO REFUND” terms and conditions applicable as indicated on the screens below… This is not an enforceable “clickwrap contract” --- rather it is an unenforceable provision that requires the consumer to click on the “READ MORE” hyperlink (such provisions were deemed to be unenforceable in the Overstock v. Hines case and in the Nguyen v. Barnes and Noble cases).

Original review: March 5, 2019

We have a vacation planned to start in one week. Booked it through Travelzoo. Just received an email from Solage that they are under construction and that the spa area - hot pools - will not be available. Evidently, it is an annual closed for repair that is a secret until the week before you arrive. The warm pools are the primary reason that we go to Solage. No refund. We are retired and this is a significant expense for us. I'm heartsick.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I have traveled a lot with budget travel agencies from Travelzoo. Fleetway is the worst. Italy was great but Fleetway was not. Not a customer oriented company. They sold me a package from Newark to Rome and back. I made my own connections to get to Newark. Contacted me three weeks before the trip and told me the return trip had changed and was now a day later. Wanted me to stay a day longer AT MY OWN EXPENSE. I insisted they find me a flight that same day to avoid paying for rescheduling my connection. After I insisted, they did but it came into JFK instead of Newark and I had to pay $35 for a shuttle to get to Newark. PLUS an additional $35 to check my bag because the flight home was with two airlines and I had to retrieve my luggage in Amsterdam and go out of security, check in again at another airline and pay again for checked bags.

The airline (Norwegian) was a budget airline which I understand. I have flown them before. But they neglected to tell me that if I paid for my checked bag 48 hrs before the flight, I would only pay a fraction of the $110 I ended up paying at the counter on check in. When people get budget airlines, a customer oriented company will MAKE SURE they highlight these important details to their customers to avoid this kind of review. They didn't seem interested in helping their customers save money when they could. When I called them while in Italy, to obtain the record number to check in the rep just kept saying "I realize that" until finally said "I don't think you realize that". They gave VERY poor customer service. I WON'T BE USING THEM AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

If you want a great deal and great service, use Travelzoo and use Fleetway Travel Service in the UK. We had an awesome time in Iceland. Our Travelzoo pricing was superb, can't beat the price. Fleetway Travel meet more than the expectation. Will use them again for sure.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Our "guide" on the Travelzoo tour in Montenegro to National parks: Lovcen and Skadar Lake was HORRIBLE. He did not introduce himself, gave NO info during the tour on any sites, got lost twice, used his cell phone while driving, at each stop we had to ask him how long we were to be at this stop. We never even saw Skadar lake. (We did see the river.)

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Misrepresented Parking - Not such a great deal after all. An additional $50 a NIGHT for parking. It's NOT specified by Travelzoo prior to arrival!! Stated Valet Parking additional! The additional cost, added to sta, was almost 3/4 the cost of the hotel!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Don't waste your time trying to find and actually book travel deals through this company. For over a decade I've received and read the multiple offers sent to my email every week by Travelzoo. I have found travel deals and packages that looked enticing. In the past, we purchased event tickets, packages, and even booked a cruise using Travelzoo. The last two offers I tried to book ended up being bogus. My most recent bad experience happened this week. Travelzoo's "Top 20 List" included a 5 night package to Paris from several US cities. The package included r/t air and hotel for $599 per person. I followed the booking directions provided by Travelzoo, which connected me with the vendor, Fleetway Travel. I went through all the steps, answering all the questions, selecting the available dates, airports, upgrades, and options. I completed the required documentation and registration.

At the conclusion of this process, Fleetway's online booking told me my travel reservation had been submitted and that someone would contact me the next day for payment processing. Three days passed and I had not been contacted. I tried to call Fleetway Travel and couldn't get through (number I had went to The UK). I contacted Travelzoo customer service and they told me they would look into my reservation. The next day Travelzoo Customer Rep., Lisa called me and said Fleetway had my reservation and would be calling me shortly. Later that day, I finally got a call from Fleetway Travel. They denied having a record of my reservation and the Fleetway Rep. told me they have not been able to process or even read the reservations submitted via their website due to the heavy volume of calls they had been receiving.

The Fleetway Rep would not honor my reservation, look for my reservation, or even acknowledge that they had received a submission from me. I told the Fleetway Rep. my exact submission dates and that I had followed the directions provided by their and Travelzoo's websites, and that I was supposed to receive a call to process payment. She said "we can't be chasing people down who booked vacations online" and "I have booked over 20 vacations for customers who called in today alone, I don't have time to check online reservation requests". The advertised travel deal I signed up for 5 days earlier via Fleetway Travels own website was not available, if it ever really existed.

I immediately called Travelzoo Customer Service to inquire why they told me Fleetway had my reservation, to ask why online bookings weren't being honored, and finally ask why Travelzoo would partner with a vendor of this poor of caliber. Doesn't Travelzoo check out the businesses it promotes? Travelzoo Customer Rep. apologized for my experience, said they would note my complaint for future reference when working with Fleetway Travel, but that Travelzoo couldn't make Fleetway Travel honor the promoted travel deal.

The other bad experience with Travelzoo occurred last month when I tried to book a hotel room package. The Guy Harvey Outrigger Motel in St. Petersburg, FL offered a special rate for a 3 night stay over Labor Day. When I called them (Guy Harvey Reservations) and mentioned the Travelzoo Package, the price with hidden charges and required extras went up nearly $500. Based on these two back-to-back bad experiences, I can no longer use Travelzoo and would highly recommend others save themselves the time and trouble of using this online service.

Travelzoo Company Information