2.3/5 (24 ratings)

About Timeshares Only

Timeshares Only is an expert in the resale of timeshares. We have provided the tools for buyers, sellers and renters to connect with each other for over 20 years. With advertising through all media outlets, we stand out from the rest. Trust Timeshares Only with all of your buying, selling and rental needs.

Timeshares Only Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Timeshares Only?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Timeshares Only?

Original review: June 29, 2015

Timeshares Only has one of our timeshares in the Virginia Beach up for rental. So far it’s been positive. They’ve been cooperative and good business-like behavior, but no movement yet because I didn’t post it until a few weeks ago.

Original review: June 26, 2015

After many years of holding on to my timeshare, paying the maintenance fees, causing my whole family headaches, not to mention the financial struggle, we finally sold it! Thank you Timeshares Only for dealing with all my issues over the last few months and getting this thing sold!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2015

We have purchased 2 timeshares from Timeshares Only and have been extremely satisfied with our purchase. We purchased the lowest price unit of the type we wanted at each resort. Although they charged $1000.00 for their service the total cost was 25 cents on the dollar.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2014

We paid our $294 fee to list our timeshare for sale or rent with Vivian. This was recommended by Holiday Inn Vacations at cape caribe by their customer service. To this date we have not heard anything from them. We feel like we were ripped off when we could of spend our money otherwise.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2014

I was contacted by a representative from this company and was told about selling my timeshare. I had to pay $400.00 to get a webpage so they could Sell my timeshare and they would find people and we will negotiate a price. Put it like this - I have not heard from them in 4 years. What makes this even worse is I have been deployed overseas for a Couple of years and not an email or anything. I wish I Could get MY money back.

Original review: May 7, 2014

Please read this entire negative recommendation. My name is Kevin ** and I have a timeshare in Marco Island, FL. The complex is known as Sunset Cove Resort. This property was a member of the Hilton Vacation Club. Hilton sold, turned over, or otherwise, the Resort, to Holiday Inn Vacation Club. In December of 2013, I called the Holiday Inn Vacation Club, located in Orlando, Florida, to receive answers to a few questions I had pertaining to the Sunset Cove Resort. One of my questions was who do I contact to rent or sell my timeshare? Holiday Inn then referred me to "Timeshares Only".

What a mistake! A customer care representative of "Timeshares Only" (www.timesharesonly.com), named Vivian @ xt **, told me the following: 1) The listings that they had, of other units listed "for sale" at Sunset Cove, were listed at between $35-38. That is thousands! I was ecstatic. I told Vivian to list my week at $29k because I wanted a quick sale. Vivian then advised me that my timeshare would sell for about $33k, and to leave a little negotiating room. I again repeated to Vivian that I wanted to list it at $29k and she talked me out of it. So it was listed at $33k. Now, as to what happened today (May 7, 2014).

2) This afternoon I received a call from Timeshare Only, asking me as to whether I wanted to lower my asking price to between $18-21k? I then asked a question to their "Customer Care Representative" that called me as to how or why had the original "suggested" listing price was soooo...... much lower TODAY? And then I received so much b.s. in the next 1 1/2 hours, ie. that they never "suggested" my timeshare would sell for around $33,000.00. Yada, yada, yada!!!! Basically what I am trying to tell you is PLEASE, do yourself a favor, do not get sucked in like I have been. Stay away from www.timesharesonly.com.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2013

We listed our timeshare in Orlando with Timeshares Only in August of 2006. They were very friendly, persistent, and eager to give us great information regarding how quickly our week would sell. As you can see, it's been over 7 years and we've NEVER received a phone call regarding our listing. We've reduced the asking price several times and each time we did, it took more than 2 phone calls to get the price correct on the website. This company could care less about you once you give them your $600. I advise against anyone using them to "sell" your timeshare. If only we could get back the money we so willingly, so foolishly gave them...

Original review: April 12, 2013

I cannot ever get the week I want for my vacation with my Marriott. When I purchased it, I was told different. So I decided to sell it. The Marriott also told me at the time of purchase that they would sell it for me if I needed to in the future. So when I asked them to sell it for me, they were no help. So I contacted Timeshares Only. I paid them $678 5 years ago and they never called me again. I called them several times and never got any satisfaction. The company is a scam. Do not deal with them. Better yet, stay away from time shares altogether, especially the Marriott. They will lie to you to make the sale. They should all be investigated by the government.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2013

The TimeShare has been sitting with them for over two years with little to no contact. They called on October 31st on the last of three numbers we had on file and they called right after Hurricane Sandy. We live on Long Island! We asked for a return call at a time when we could speak and we never heard back. When I contacted them, they were rude, could not answer any of my questions and told me they do not need to contact the seller and all they need to do is list the timeshare. They were quick to take our $499.00 but haven't done a thing since. It’s a scam!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

They were happy to take my $598 and made representations as to all the things they'd to sell my timeshare, but I have heard nothing for 5 years now! I did call a few years ago to lower my price to below the market price they had suggested, but still nothing, not even for the rental option. I really see it as nothing more than taking your money, and I was a fool and fell for it.

Original review: June 13, 2012

We were contacted by Timeshares Only about two years ago and were presented with a pitch to sell our timeshare if we paid the advertising fee of $499.00. I was no longer using my week so I thought it would be worth it and sell. It did take longer than I had expected but I'm satisfied now as I did sell my week and received the money from the buyer. I would use them again but I would know it takes a long time.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2011

I decided to try and sell my timeshare and was scammed by this company. All they do is prey on people that are trying to do the right thing.

I was unemployed and was trying to sell my timeshare so I would not fall in default. They told me that my property was in high demand and had been selling quite well. The representative contacted me a couple of times to offer me a deal and the final deal was $500 to post and sell my timeshare. I was desperate and decided to make the investment. What a waste of my money. It has been listed since 3/09 and I have not had one inquiry for the timeshare or even a week rental.

I have lowered the price a couple of times and all I got, on the other end of the phone, is a trained monkey reading off a script. My timeshare has not sold and I wasted $500 for a service that was never rendered.

Do not let these people scam you or anyone else!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2011

We listed our vacation club membership with them in 2010. They said that the membership was in high demand and that it would be no problem getting it sold. I have contacted them a couple of times. They told tell me: "We will call you when we get an offer. So far, there has been no interest." The truth is, they take your money ($548.00), post an ad to their website, and you never hear from them again. It's a scam!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2011

I listed my timeshare with Timesharesonly.com for a $600 fee that was charged to my credit card. The timeshare has been listed now for about 9 years. Over that 9 years, I have lowered my asking price to the point that I'm almost giving the thing away. Still I have had no calls from this company. I call periodically to check on the sale and they tell me there has been no interest. Yet, I have been told that my timeshare is in high demand. I do not believe this company does anything to sell your timeshare, they just list it and see what happens

Original review: Oct. 22, 2010

I have seen their advertisement on TV so I contacted them about selling my timeshare. I was told that for a one-time fee of $548.00, they would rent and or sell my timeshare for me within a short period of time. It has been more than a year now, and I haven't heard anything from them. They told me that my property would be on bill boards, advertisements, commercials, and the Web. I haven't seen any of this, except for the Web.

They will constantly call you until they receive your money, and then you don't hear from them again, unless you keep calling them. As far as I am concerned, these so-called businesses are just another Ponzi scam and should be prosecuted like the rest of the criminals. The only difference with them is that they prey on the poor people who are trying to sell what little they have, just to keep their heads above water. I hope there is something we, as consumers, can do to recover our monies back.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2010

I listed my timeshare (Westgate River Ranch Resort) for rent/sale with Timeshares Only over three years ago after I was told how great my chances of selling my property would be with them. I have not asked more than what was left to pay on it, but still have not received one single offer. When I called once to ask about it, they showed no interest in selling, and when I tried to find my property on their website, I couldn't. If you Google Timeshares Only and click their website, it's all about selling your timeshare, not about buying or renting one, so how do they expect to do either with mine? This was a waste of money and I wish now I would have done more research on the company before I trusted them.

My family and I are unable to buy our first home and are living with my in-laws till we can sell this timeshare.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2010

They scam me by phone, promised to sell my timeshare in Ormond Beach Florida, but it's been more than 2 years now. I am in financial distress and I thought they'd help me. I am now out of 599.00.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2010

Timeshares Only licensed agent Marra ** contacted me on my home phone on 10-29-08, Wednesday, at 2:32 p.m. and left me a message about selling or renting out my Timeshare and to call 1-800-530-2580 at ext. **.

I reluctantly called back and of course when you feel desperate to sell, you react foolishly. Licensed agent Marra ** said everything I wanted to hear about selling my timeshare. Marra then put her supervisor Shauna ** on the phone line to wrap up the deal. I look back now they were like a tag team. She also misled me, she told me Timeshares Only is the number one company on reselling timeshares.

Well needless to say it has been almost two years and my $598 fee went to their salaries. Timeshares Only is a scam. Sure some timeshares probably sell but how many don't? I have called so many times, to no avail. It is very upsetting when I call. Nothing like the first call Timeshares Only couldn't help me enough. Now that they have our money they can't be bothered. My advice to anyone thinking of dealing with this company is don't bother.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2010

I listed my timeshare with timeshares only in August of 2009. I was told that it would sell fast because we owned a holiday week. It has sat on the market for over a year now with sever price reductions. We were told that we could get a refund. What they failed to tell us was you had to do it within three days of signing up. After learning about the lawsuits coming down on timeshare resellers, I contacted my bank to see if I could contest the charge. Since they are not licensed, they cannot legally present me with an offer. They claim to be affiliated with Fidelity and Remax. My bank told me that since it has been so long that they can't help me and that I need to take it up with Timeshares Only. I called for the second time to ask for a refund and alas they refused to refund me my money.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2010

I gave them $599 to sell my time share in Las Vegas "Jockey Club” in 2007. They have never got back to me about anything. I went to their website and could not find my time share. I think they are a money scam.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2010

I listed my timeshare for sale. I had to give them $599 up front to list it for sale. I never got any calls about my timeshare. I had to call them all the time. The same old junk that, "Oh, it will move faster if I rent a week out." Well, they charged me I think another $100 or $150 to rent a week out. Well still, I heard nothing. Then the Tonya lady would never call or answer calls. I requested for someone else to handle it. I got another lady and still no calls or no sale or rent. I was scammed out over $700. I asked for a refund back in 2004 when I listed it. They said the only way I would get a refund is if I got it sold before they sold it. They are nothing but thieves as far as I am concerned.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2010

I contacted this company in May 2009 to sell my timeshare and paid $598. After checking the company on the internet (I should have done this before utilizing this company), I called and requested a refund. I was reassured they were a company dedicated to their services and not to worry. Needless to say, I have heard from them only once in over a year. I lost my $598 and still have the timeshare I wanted to sell.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2010

I called TimeShare only in March of 2007 to sell my timeshare in Florida and the promised that would be able to sell it or rent it. They charge me 600 dollars for my two bedroom loft and I have never heard anything else from that company unless I call about it. I think it is wrong that they have scammed so many people out here that work so hard. The damages that this company has done to me is unbelievable financially and mentally because my timeshare is still up for sale since 2007 and the maintenance fees are steady going up and that was my reason for selling my Timeshare.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 18, 2010

Sold me a timeshare and offered to buy it back at half the price when the economy tanked. I was forced to do it because of my financial situation. I have heard that this is their business plan and they do this to thousands.

Original review: May 14, 2010

I am an American currently working overseas in Iraq. I had been scammed into buying another Timeshare with the impression that I was upgrading to one really nice one. I decided that I wanted to try and sell them or at least rent them out until I could get them sold. I had sent in request to several timeshare-buying companies.

Miss Kassandra was the first one to contact me, so I was just glad to have received a response and quickly fell for every lie that she told me. Not realizing that based on the information I had shared with her, there was no way she could rent out anything for me. I told her that I was overseas and to please send my receipt for their services to my personal and work email addresses.

The next day, I realized that I had not received this receipt. I tried emailing Kassandra at the email address that she had given me, and it said that that email address did not exist. I thought, "Well surely, I must have spelled it wrong." I tried every version and alternate thing I could think of, and it still kept coming back as that address did not exist. It was the weekend, so although it had not gone through on my credit card, I was informed by my bank that because my card was also a debit card, there was no way that I could stop it for suspected fraud. I had to let it go through and then report them.

Then I thought, "Well, maybe she was distracted that day and will send it first thing Monday morning." Monday,Tuesday, and Wednesday came; and still I had no email. I called and left a message. And I called again and spoke with Kassandra directly and asked her why I had not received my receipt yet. She said that her boss had not processed it yet. Keep in mind that it is the 13th of May 2010 that we are having this phone conversation. I authorized payment I believe on the 6th, and I believe it cleared on the 9th, but he hasn't processed it yet. Umm hmm, right...

She continued to assure me that she would have him take care of it that day. Guess what, I still haven't gotten a receipt yet. I am going to continue to ride these people until I get some satisfaction. This is the truth as I know it to be, and if they had done something to make me think otherwise about the validity of their credibility, I would have never thought to even come to a site like this.

So think what you want to think, but I wouldn't be trying to add to the forewarnings if I didn't feel it was truly warranted. I think they should design it to where when you log on to a company on the internet, a link should pop up right along with the site that shows any complaints that people have made against that company. I think it would stop a lot of fraudulent businesses from continuing to be so successful in their fraudulent practices.

As of right now, my ego is hurt, because I didn't take the time to investigate this company prior to contracting them to do this job. Although technically, I still don't have this $598.00 contract. All I have is proof on my credit card statement that they were paid. So I guess, if I don't get some kind of restitution soon, they are gonna be mad at me for putting my self further out of money just to plaster billboards with fraud alerts to the American people about this sham of a company.

I am so tired of being ripped off. Nice people always seem to get the short end of the stick, but I'll tell you what! I will spend thousands more to put this company on blast, so that it doesn't happen to someone else. We, Libras, are all about equality and justice; and they will get theirs in the end. There also needs to be some kind of clause for these banks which say you can't stop a purchase that you suspect to be fraudulent after you've authorized it. Because that is usually when you find out the true colors of who you are doing business with.

Original review: April 29, 2010

While on vacation in Florida, my husband and I fell victim to the timeshare scam at Westgate Resorts. As the taxes and maintenance fees climbed, we knew it was time to get out of it if possible. After being sent information reporting their participation with the PGA show and samples of e-mails from interested buyers, I fell for their (D. **) line. This was through Resort Equity Marketing but when I got the actual contract, it was with Timeshares Only. I was told they were sister companies. This was in 2006 and I never received a single call. I did call to check on the progress at one point and spoke with a female who reassured me that they would continue to advertise it until it sold. While sorting through my paperwork recently, I found my contract and decided to look it up only to find my property was not listed. After looking closely at the fine print at the bottom of the contract, it states you must notify them every 12 months to extend your ad at no additional cost. Of course, this was never spoken to us. In fact, we were told it would continue to be listed until sold. If there is anyone who has a class action against this company I would appreciate being notified.

Original review: April 29, 2010

I listed my timeshares to sell with Timeshares Only a couple of years ago with them stating that they could sell them within 6 months. I have not received any correspondence from them for over a year and no sale of property at Kona Hawaiian Resort Village.

Original review: April 26, 2010

Timeshares only advertise to sell timeshare. They took my money and never advertised or sold my timeshare. Lost 590 dollar.

Original review: March 29, 2010

Update. Gloria of San Diego, CA February 16, 2010. I wanted to let other people that have been scammed by Timeshares Only, know the outcome of filing my complaint with American Express. I paid the 598 dollars membership fee to Timeshares Only with my American Express card. I contacted AMEX and they told me they didn't think I could get the refund back because Timeshares Only was advertising my timeshare with no end date in site other than what the representative on the phone said. Your timeshare will sell within 90 days. American Express has resolved the dispute in my favor. They got me the 598 dollars back. I'm so happy and I suggest others go to the credit card you used to pay these scammers. AMEX may have had other dealings with this company and I'm sure they did and realized what a fraud they are. I wish Timeshares Only and others like them could get sued for all the money they have scammed out of innocent people. Hope this helps someone get their money back. Good Luck.

Original review: March 27, 2010

Briefly my wife and I went to a timeshare sells presentation. The salesman was Greg ** and he told us a lot of lies. Today 3-26-2010, I called the Florida Dept. of Business and Professional Regulations and a gentleman named Erick told me that Greg ** isn't listed as having a real estate license for Florida. He said typically they need one unless they are on salary instead of commissions.

We told Gerg **, we weren't interested in buying another timeshare because we already own one in Branson Missouri that we have listed with Timeshares Only. He told us he could sell our Branson unit for 11,200.00 in 60 to 90 days. I asked him why he could sell it that fast when Timeshares Only wasn't having any success selling it. He asked us if we ever heard of Century 21. We said yes and he said that is why he could sell it fast, because of Century 21 size and popularity. Then we said we weren't interested in another ts because of trouble booking a vacation where and when we wanted to go. Again he lied to us and promised us that he would personally book our trips in as little as 48 hours notice.

We should have known this sounded too good to be true. He presented us a 3 week vacation plan. We told him we don't have that much vacation time and

couldn't use it all. He lied again and told us he could rent out 2 of the weeks for 1'100.00 per week, in fact he said he was in a bit of a bind because he had rented more rooms to people then he had room available, but he wasn't worried because something would become available. His sells manager Carol ** also lied to us when she told us Greg likes renting units because he gets a commission.

He also lied to us when he said we have weeks and not points to use. When we were contacted by RCI they told us we didn't have weeks, but points. He also failed to tell us that there would be a 200.00 fee for selling our timeshare. We found this out after we got home from vacation and guess what? It wasn't being sold through Century 21 but a company called Resort Solutions Inc. This company lead us to believe 11,200.00 was a marketable price only to find out that there were similar properties listed for thousands less. The only reason Royal Floridian got our business is because they allow people like Greg ** to lie.

We contacted John ** in their customer service dept and I told him all the lies that were told to us. Basically he said we signed a contract and we should have been more careful. How can this kind of deception be allowed. Because of our dissatisfaction we hired a company called The Owners Advocate that has a 100% money back guaranty if they don't get you out of your contract and a refund from the resort. This company contacted the BBB and told them they were out of business. You can see this on the BBB web site. Only problem is that even though they have gone bankrupt their web site is still up and they will take new business.

I have emails from about 150 of their clients and the vast majority are not happy and I can send you copies of these emails if you would be interested in reading them. Many of us would like to see some legal action taken to make them pay those of us that feel like we have been scammed by them as well as by the resorts we bought out timeshare from.

I could go on, but if you think that Royal Flordian, Greg H., The Owners Advocate, Timeshares Only, or Resort Solutions Inc. have acted fraudulently and think there is a way to get them to refund me let me know. Concerning The Owners Advocate I have been in continuous contact with their clients and several ask the question, "What can be done?" Economically, I am out $600.00 with Timeshares Only, $999.00 with The Owners Advocate, $200.00 with Resort Solutions Inc. and $8,900.00 with The Royal Floridian Resort.

With the exception of the $600.00 the rest is because of Greg H.'s lies. I can't tell you how much I would like to see this man sued. We paid for the timeshare in full shortly after we got home from vacation. Because we haven't paid the maint. fees, assessment fees and penalties and taxes we keep getting bills that we were advised not to pay by The Owners Advocate. We have an excellent credit rating, we have no mortgage or any other debt and we believe in paying what we owe, but because of the fraud involved we don't want to lose any more money to this timeshare garbage!

Timeshares Only Company Information