1.45/5
  • 1 star
Based on 49 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 29, 2017

54 Sleep Inn and Suites Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I paid for 1 room for my daughter and her husband to stay Sept 23, 2017. (Their Wedding Night) I Received my Visa statement today and there are 3 rooms charged on it. I went into sleep in Dewitt. Desk person made copy of my visa bill and my license. She told me she could do nothing and a manager was coming in a 3 pm and I would receive a call back at 4 pm that day. I received No callback and I went back at 8 pm. Different desk person and she said there is no manager there on weekends. She voice mailed a Rita - Asking her to call back. She then was loud and rude telling me it's been 5 weeks so nothing can be done about it anyway. They don't even have record of it. You have no manager in charge until Monday? Seriously?? You charged me for 2 extra rooms and I cant get a refund or credit on my card for your mistake? You run a Bad business and made a costly mistake that I won't paid for!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Carpet throughout was dirty and the furniture was in poor shape and the walls in my room were dirty. The breakfast should be open till you leave. After being told.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

If you like a hotel with no frills but a comfortable bed, immaculate rooms, and friendly helpful staff this is the place to stay. Tom's are quiet and peaceful despite proximity to highway and railroad. Clean, neat, great-smelling and good value.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

This hotel has bed bugs. The hotel appeared to be very nice until I woke up in the middle of the night. I noticed my mom sleeping in the chair. She said "I saw bugs in my bed." I turned on the light & sure enough I did see them. I took pics & showed it to the front desk staff. They provided an email, I emailed the office but I didn't get a response. I wrote a review for Trip Advisor that isn't showing. Since we've been home my sister has noticed dead bugs on her belongings. I want to know why haven't I been contacted by management & why isn't my review showing? The hotel looks really nice, but guests should be aware of the issues with bed bugs.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

We went to Sleep Inn & Suites #GA488 on August 5th and the room we were given smelled very musty, it was almost unbearable to be in the room, we went to the front desk and we were given a can of deodorizer to spray in the room, we ask about another room and were told there were none, yet a person that came in while we were at the front desk waiting to speak to them after going to the room ask if there were any rooms available and they got a room without a reservation??? This particular location has gone WAY downhill over the last few years, I would advise everyone to not stay there, unless they want a stinky room and a lying front desk person.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sleep Inn and Suites?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

My husband and I took a trip to Missouri. We booked a room through Expedia. When we got our confirmation, it was for the wrong state. It was made for O'Fallon, IL, not O'Fallon MO. We called and cancelled and transferred our reservation for MO. Our bank account continued to be charged many charges and they would not reimburse us. When they finally did, two days later they charged us again. Then they added extra charges to our account and we weren't even staying there. They try to sneak in charges on your card. I would strongly urge everyone to not have anything to do with the Sleep Inn hotels. They have very questionable business practices. We still have yet to get our issues resolved.

Original review: July 7, 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Sleep Inn University in Abilene Texas for 2 nights. We requested room service at the front desk for 7-1-17, the lady said okay as long as we don't have the do not disturb sign on. When we came back to our room we didn't get room service and there was a do not disturb sign on the door which we had placed inside the room before leaving. We had told the man that was at the front desk about it which he had told us that he would let the manager know about the incident. Leaving on July 2nd 2017 we had noticed that my husband's Hugo Boss cologne was missing from the room also.

Searched all over the room for it, did not find it and we had left it onto of the table in the room with the rest of our stuff. The cost of the cologne was $100 dollars which my mother had given as a Christmas present to him. We did let them know at the front desk while checking out what had happened during our stay at the hotel and was told that no one goes through anyone's belongings and that if we happen to find it that they would call us. There was no apology given and the lady at the front desk did not try to resolve the problem when it was brought up.

We had called back several times to see if it was being resolved or if they had come up with a situation. The manager has not been able to contact us and the girl that was at the front desk was not being polite at all about the situation and had rudely hung up the phone after taking my information saying that she would let someone know about it. No one seemed to have been telling each other about it and the gentleman who seemed to work the night shifts there was the one that had been nice. Tried to help us out whichever way he was able to and did everything in a professional manner. We are wanting a full refund to replace the missing item and not getting the service for our room that we requested.

Original review: July 5, 2017

When we checked in the receptionist told us we would get a military discount. When we checked out the next day a different lady said they don't do military discounts. Then she said "Well we do but you will have to pay more. If you use a military discount you have to pay more." WHAT?? How much sense does that make?!? I emailed the general manager and no response so far... The room was very nice but I don't think we will be staying there again if they charge military more than civilians...

Original review: June 26, 2017

Through Expedia I made a reservation to stay with them on April 15, 2017 for two nights. After traveling 2,000 miles over three days, the hotel called me two hours before my arrival and cancelled my reservation, due to the fact I was traveling with a pet (a caged parrot). I clearly stated this with Expedia when I made the reservation and it was noted on my confirmation. Expedia accepted my reservation and payment of $176.38 that they forwarded to Sleep Inn. I believe Expedia was at fault, however it was low and underhanded for Sleep Inn to keep my payment for a reservation they did not honor. Also, why did it take Sleep Inn two hours before my arrival to notice, on the confirmation, that I was traveling with a pet?

Original review: June 25, 2017

I arrived Sleep Inn Louisville, KY, Preston Rd, on 6/23/2107. I was given room number 116. I unloaded my stuff and noticed a large spot of water on the carpet. I went and told the front desk clerk, who stated that the maintenance guy had left, he had a family emergency. I stated I am here from Michigan for an event and will be gone after 3. She said that she would let him know. She did look at the water and offered to move me. I stated no, that if it could be fixed that would be okay. She also suggested I place towels down which I did. SHE ALSO STATED THAT IT MAY BE THE AIR CONDITION AND THAT HE MAY HAVE TO TILT IT?

I left that day and came back late. Room still the same and towels soaked. I was leaving in the morning and thought how much worse can this get. Well I woke up at 5:45 am with the ceiling obviously wet right above the wet floor, but the scariest crap was the water in the BATHROOM coming out of the wall all along the back wall. I had my stuff all on the bed from night before.

Left and checked out and proceeded to tell the male clerk, seemed uncaring, checked me out of the wrong room, when it was finally straighten out. He stated the maintenance man story again, did not offer to go look or offer any type of compensation. Asked for receipt. Stated that Expedia should of emailed that to you. "No I want one from you." Again uncaring. I TOOK PICTURES OF THE WET CEILING, WET FLOOR IN BATHROOM AND IN FRONT OF THE AIR CONDITIONER. Hoping someone has repaired that room as it also smelled because of the water sitting… Poor customer service, and just was amazed at the level of the clerks non-caring attitude.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I have never stayed in a SLEEP INN until 6-11-17. I rented a room at the Sleep Inn at Harbor View in Little River SC. I was pleasantly surprised how clean the room was & the size of it. I brought my stuff into the room and placed a couple of sodas in the refrigerator & also my diabetic medicine that needs to be refrigerated. The next morning as I was checking out - the refrigerator was so COLD that it froze both my sodas. I also wondered about the injectable medicine pen that I had in there. I told the front desk personnel about the incident with the sodas & stated that they need to check it out before they re-rent out the room.

I inquired as to the nearest pharmacy location as I was leaving. I asked the pharmacist how the medicine would be affected since the refrigerator froze everything. They checked with the manufacturer of the medicine & stated that they didn't recommend using the pen because the medicine could now be compromised. It was going to cost me $100 to get the prescription re-filled. I got the medicine re-filled and then went back to the hotel. I asked for the manager - and it turned out to be the lady who had checked me out of my room earlier. I explained the situation about the medicine and the unnecessary cost to me because of their refrigerator. I fully expected to hear some corporate BS about the issue & if I got a refund it would be a LONG drawn out process.

KUDOS to the manager - VICKI ** - She immediately refunded me the entire room price ($114.97) back on my charge card. She sincerely apologized for my inconvenience and stated she hoped it didn't ruined my experience at Sleep Inn. As I continued my drive back up the road - that night I checked into a Sleep Inn in Roanoke Rapids.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I tried to cancel a booking at Sleep Inn and was told I had call a booking agent. I've not been able to ascertain who I was supposed to call to cancel although I suspect that it's choicehotels.com. When I tried calling them, they sent me to customer relations. I was told in so many words (straight answers are hard to get from this crowd) that there wasn't anyone I could call to cancel. I will never do business with these folks again, obviously. But I also learned that it's better not to book in advance and to take my chances.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I wouldn't go to my room when I first arrived because a shady looking character was hanging out at the outside entrance. I would have to stood there with my purse and my door card to get into the corridor where my room was located. I went to front desk and told the night clerk. She was very nice and offered to move me closer to the front area in a handicap room #102. I was pleased with the move. I had not been in that room but a few short minutes, gotten my pj's on and settled in the bed. Suddenly I saw a huge cockroach on the ceiling. He started moving towards the bed area of the room. I got up and screamed, threw my flip flops at it. It fell on the bed and when I tried to find it, I saw it going up under the baseboard. I took pictures of all three of these cockroaches!!! After the third one I knew I would never be able to stay in that room all night.

I packed back up and still in my pj's went to the front desk, explained to the new night clerk (gentleman) what had happened and that I wanted a refund on my card for that room. There were other guests checking in as I was leaving. I didn't want to embarrass the clerk so when he said for me to go ahead and he would take care of the room cancellation/credit for me. After having to go up the interstate further and check into a Quality Inn, I kept checking my bank account. To date they have never refunded my charge for the room.

I left message for the General Manager after I finished my business on this trip to NC. He never returned my call. I had to call him again in which that time the clerk put me on hold and transferred me to his office. I held for a very long time and he just picked up the phone and hung it up on me!!! I returned the call and told the clerk I would call back later when I had time. I did and the General Manager finally took my call. He was rude and arrogant and hateful to me. He called me a liar and said I did not see three roaches in that room because they don't have any roaches in that hotel. I told him he better check the baseboards because as tired as I was the night I checked in there, I would NOT have made all this up just to have to go out after midnight and find a new place to stay.

After he called me a liar I told him I have video and pictures of the roaches. He told me to send the pictures and video to him. I said if he wasn't going to credit my account, I certainly wasn't going to send the pics and video to him. I would send them to an attorney or the County Health Inspector for his area. He said since I spoke the word attorney that he wouldn't speak any longer to me and hung up on me!!!

I called Choice Hotels to complain and see if they can make him give me a refund. The customer service person gave me the "runaround" and I asked for his supervisor. He finally told me I could file a complaint but they can't make the General Manager reimburse my room fees. He said they might could settle with a voucher for another stay. He put me on hold and later hung up. I could not get back in touch with them that day. I am disgusted!!! How can this hotel stay in business??? I will never stay there again and will tell everyone I know what happened to me.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I am very unhappy with my stay at Sleep Inn & Suites in 97 Emerson Commons Parkersburg WV 26104. I felt small bites like and then itching when I was sleep in my bed. When I woke up I had three red spot on my leg. I had to leave on business right away so I didn't have time to complain. I knew I would be held up. As the day went on it has gotten worse. But I did take pictures and video it before I left. And it's getting worse. I am not even near my home. I will never stay in a Sleep Inn hotel again. I am trying to get home to see my doctor. I am worry about it. It hurts now as well as itching. I should be given some for my pain and suffering.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

It satisfied every need I had for a two night stay while attending a conference. The front desk personnel did not have a professional appearance but were very courteous and was able to answer all my questions. All parts of the hotel were well kept, clean and well maintained. It has a very spacious lobby with a very clean atmosphere. It's very quiet considering the hour of my check in was in the wee hours of the morning. When entering my room, it appeared very clean and kept.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

We had to evacuate from our home on October 8th and 9th, 2016 from the Matthew storm. We tried to go toward Tallahassee but the road was backed up with traffic so we got off at the first exit which was the Sleep Inn & Suites 6535 Ramona Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32205. We have just now January 8th, 2017 found bed bugs in our bed. That was the last thing I was expecting to find. We did see some roaches in our motel room but I didn't even think to look for bed bugs in our motel room.

The bags we used in the motel I put in our shed when we got home and then decided to wash the ones I keep under my bed but I washed them in cold water and did not put them in the dryer. My son's bag I kept outside in the shed so he never got the bugs in his room downstairs. This is so awful. I have never in my life have had bed bugs. I had to throw away our boxspring and mattress, my comforter and all my pillows and blankets and everything that was under my bed, including my wedding dress. I will never ever stay at a Sleep Inn and Suites again and I should be reimbursed for my two night stay. And also for everything I have to replace in my bedroom. Plus the exterminating we had to have done. Can you please help me out? Because this should have never happened in the first place. I just can't believe it!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

Our employees travel all over South Carolina. Many times they stay (no more) at Sleep Inn. While staying at Sleep Inn & Suites in Conway, SC starting on 11/28/2016 the employees were charged for three days stay onto their credit cards. On day two there was a death and the employees returned to central South Carolina. When they checked out they received invoices showing a $90.59 credit balance and were told their credit cards would be reduced by that amount - it was a day/night they would not be staying and instead returning home due the death.

After considerable time with no credit to the charge card I called the hotel. The hotel employee was mad because I received an invoice with a credit balance. She said they never give credit. I cannot believe there is no exception when our employees told them the day ahead that they had to leave - said they were leaving because of a death - and I have a copy of the invoices in front of me saying there is a credit balance. This is bad business all the way around. Fortunately we can find other places to stay.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

Sleep Inn (KY 143) Bowling Green, KY. Checked in on 10/17/2016 after a long drive and absolutely wore out. Asked for the third floor so to avoid people tromping around above me to keep me awake. Paid for the room, went upstairs to take shower and sleep. I never really inspected the rooms but when I went to take shower, I really took a good look around! There were human feces running down the walls beside the toilet, walls were all marked up with small holes and gouge marks on them.

The phone was broken: light blinking all night as if a message was recorded. I called the desk clerk and he said that it was broken and there was NO messages on the phone so I had to cover the light up so that it wouldn't be in my eyes. The refrigerator was loud with a "clock ticking" noise constantly and all night long. I've always stayed at Microtel or their affiliates but was so tired, I didn't take time to look. I guarantee that I will next time. This place was a ** for the price that I had to pay!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

The situation I experienced was a shame, really. After a long, tough evening I ended up checking in at Sleep Inn around 6am on a Sunday morning. All I wanted to do was go to bed & pull the blankets over my head. The front desk clerk took my card, gave me a receipt with my room rate of $108. I signed. Went upstairs & put the 'do not disturb' on the door. Midday, I went out to grab lunch & dropped by the front desk to ensure everything was kosher on my end after getting a phone call in my room about updating my room key, etc. The room key was taken from me, the clerk checked everything out in the system and sent me on my way. I was thankful for a day of rest.

The following Monday I panicked with an overdraft notice & couldn't understand what could have possibly caused it! To my surprise, Sleep Inn had charged my card 4 times! This required calling the hotel, calling my bank, getting a call back from the hotel manager, etc. Hours of phone calls - what better way to spend a Monday? At any rate, I was told that the manager would clear the two hold charges & refund me one of the $108 ones in exchange for such a hassle. Several days later, 2 charges fell off my account however I was still charged over $200 for a room that I had signed off on for $108. I called the hotel manager back & was told due to my earlier than normal check in, that I should have been charged 2 nights & he could only refund me half of what was originally promised. I was livid.

If you call their customer service line, use a landline - chances are you will be ON HOLD for a minimum of 30-40 MINUTES. I must've spent hours & countless calls back and forth trying to get this mess cleared up. I received a formal letter stating I would be refunded a portion for the hassle & have yet to see an actual refund from the hotel itself. They claimed it was credited over a month ago & emailed me a statement - I check my online banking religiously, there was no refund. A shame. I had left a great review before leaving the hotel & was grateful for some much needed peace. Little did I know this would evolve into an EPIC HEADACHE. Next time I'll sleep in my car if I have to.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

Stayed one night, staff was very unfriendly, room was not that clean. Should have asked for my money back and not stayed. Sleep Inn & Suites Port Clinton, Ohio #198 not that good at all.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

Do not stay at the Sleep Inn Midway Airport Chicago. There is a scam going with an employee giving out room phone numbers. We got a call on our room phone around 10 pm. The man on the phone said he was the manager and they are having computer issues and they lost our information in the computer. The phone was very staticky and it was difficult to hear him. He asked a lot of questions and continually apologized for the inconvenience. He said there would be a 20% discount for our trouble. When he asked for our credit card number we immediately said we would come down to the front desk. I told him my husband will be right down and he hung up on me. We talked to the night manager and they shrugged it off and did nothing. She didn't even ask any questions nor did she want to deal with it. Management should have investigated. She was in on it for sure.

Original review: July 22, 2016

We stayed one night at the Sleep Inn in Coffeyville, Kansas. The staff was nice, but the minute we walked into our room, we noticed a peculiar smell. We also noticed that Housekeeping left a previous guest's used wash cloth hanging on the shower curtain rod. We checked out the swimming pool, and the water was so discolored and murky you couldn't see the bottom in the shallow end, so our swim suits stayed in our suitcases. We got a decent night's sleep, but we rather anxious to get out of there after we woke up. I would not recommend this hotel, and not likely to book a room there again.

Original review: July 7, 2016

I booked a hotel for my bosses request need a project that we were working on. I called the hotel directly and spoke to a young lady and which I asked her several questions before booking this hotel. She informed me that it was a non-smoking hotel and that it was brand new and that if I looked on the internet I could see that there was a sign stating that this was a brand new hotel. My boss is very picky. I also asked her,"Was the hotel nice? Was there any construction going on?" Because I know he has breathing difficulties. We arrive at the hotel July 5th and we're scheduled for departure July 8th. Upon entering the hotel I immediately realized that they were under construction. There was painting going on. There was no access to the indoor pool because they said the pool was closed and under construction.

I continued on with the introduction to the hotel. I am from the lady at the desk that I was there under a group name and had reserved 5 rooms. She was very nice and pleasant. She look me up and the party's over with me and we retain their keys upon entering my room. I smell the overwhelming smell of smoke. Cigarette smoke my boss into the room with me and immediately got nauseous. I called down to the front desk. I told the lady, "This room is full of smoke. I can't stay in here." She said, "Okay, I can move you to another room," which she did. Now in mean time, I asked her how long is the construction going to continue. She said, "They will be through tonight and there will be no more painting." That was Tuesday, July 5th. On that date that when we return to the hotel there was no painting.

Two days go by we come back to the hotel and they have the lobby paint dip. Painting the lobby. They're painting the dining room. They're painting the hallway. The paint smell was overwhelming. My boss immediately got sick. Again I went to the front desk and I asked the lady and said, "I thought you told me or your representative did that there would be no more painting or construction work in this hotel?" She looks at me and my boss and said, "No one could have possibly told you that we've been on there construction for six months." I said, "So you're lying to me because according to your sign outside it says you're a brand new hotel." She didn't told me, "Oh, I need to take that sign down. I meant to a while back but I forgot." "I see. So you're lying to me."

My number one, she asked me what could she do for me. She asked to move us to another hotel which would be more expensive they didn't want to take on the cost. They just wanted us to move and pay a higher rate to one of their affiliates. I told her, "No." I said, "You should financially compensated. You need to return a portion of this money and because since we've been here we've been complaining about one thing or another with this hotel rooms." She said she couldn't do that because we were already paying the lowest rate possible. I said, "The rate that you charge this shouldn't be charged because this hotel is under construction. There is paint fumes. There is some kind of damage to your ribs and your floors everything smells like smoke. Your food is horrible and your kitchen area and sausage and bacon isn't done. You serving raw meat."

She looks at me and says, "That's not true. It doesn't smell like smoke." That's the only reply to what I said so we leave. I decide to call their corporate office. The corporate office tells me that they can either contact her. I'm assuming she's the manager. I never asked your name and never will and don't really give a care. The lady at the corporate office informed me that she could do one of two things for me. She could contact her and let her know about the complaint or she could file a complaint. We could check out of the hotel and then they could process the complaint and mind you my boss paid over $1,500 to stay in this hotel not including not being able to use that one amenity in this hotel. The lady also inform me that after the 72-hour wait which I only had 72 hours to process this claim did it and if I did not that the claim would become null and void.

I told her to process it now. I have no intention on processing it because I know they work as a system but I wanted to get on here to make people aware of all the Quality Suites and Sleep Inn Suites anything that these companies on I will never ever ever ever patronize again. I will not book my boss any places with them and apparently he spends good money. He doesn't complain unless there's an issue. I'm the one that complained. So since that is the case I will never ever patronize them again neither will his Corporation patronize them again. They're rude, disrespectful and their big, huge liars. And since that is the case, they will never ever get any business from my boss or from me again.

Side note: As we were leaving the hotel we found they're painter pouring paint down the drain outside the hotel. This is an EPA issue and even though they don't know I know about this after that so I took pictures of it and I will be turning them over to the EPA. I hope they see this and get their stuff together but I doubt it because of the reviews I've read before I didn't experience any bed bugs but I don't doubt that they have them. Customers like my boss make these people super rich. They don't deserve it and since that is the case everyone I see I'm a put him on blast.

Original review: July 5, 2016

My husband and I, along with our two kids were on July 4th Holiday on the west coast of Michigan for the weekend. We had a reservation for the Sleep Inn, located in Allendale, Michigan ($151 stay). Our room, by all appearances, seems nice and clean. We were not happy with the fact that we had a broken television, with a volume so muffled you couldn't hear and they gave us a room with the tiniest bathroom. There was barely enough room to turn around. It was a toilet and shower inside of a closet, not efficient or accommodating to a family of four. We were willing to overlook those minor things, but the horrors that unfolded over night, could not be dismissed.

My kids started complaining about itching, which we dismissed as mosquito bites. In the morning, my son found a bug on him and immediately I know what it was-- a huge bed bug. He had bites all over him and so did my daughter. We tore back the covers and to our horror discovered that there were droves of them crawling around in the bed. I called the front desk immediately and asked for a manager to come up to the room. I got a desk clerk girl instead because there was no manager on duty. I got a desk clerk girl who was as equally horrified as I was. She offered no apology and looked like she wasn't even trained with how to deal with this situation.

I demanded a refund for our stay, considering I would have to burn my kids blankets and pajamas (I wasn't taking it home with me and risking an infestation in my home). She assured me that we would be compensated. We hurried up and packed up and got the hell out of there. When we went to check out at the front desk, there was still no manager on duty. She tells me that he isn't in until 11am and then she tells me he refuses to refund us but will only give us a $25 discount. I was FURIOUS. The fact that the manager didn't have the decency to show up to apology and make this situation right with us shows just how low-class this establishment is. That room should have been quarantined immediately to prevent further infestation.

Bed bugs are a serious health risk and I was absolutely appalled by how nothing was handled. I wanted to stick around for this manager to come in, but we had to leave. I emailed this manager and he never returned my calls or emails. I was not refunded and I was not even discounted! I didn't even get so much as an apology. I will never stay in another Choice Hotel establishment as long as I live. I'd probably be safer sleeping on a frat mattress.

Original review: June 26, 2016

One night's lodging at Sleep Inn, 3620 Candlers Mountain Road, Lynchburg VA, confirmation **. Checked in on Saturday at approx. 3 pm to room 420; went to family gathering, returned around 10 pm; got call from desk around 11 pm that we were too loud and would be evicted if noise didn't stop. The occupants of the room were 3 senior citizens and one millennial. Upon returning we visited with other family members also on the fourth floor, as well as another family that we had met on the same floor earlier, and had several stop by our room. After receiving call, went to adjoining rooms to see who we had disturbed and to apologize. All were unaware, had not complained, and were not disturbed.

Called front desk to say I didn't understand earlier call as my neighbors were all fine. Rude desk attendant in a surly and dismissive manner said "I was on the floor, I heard your noise, and I decide that you will be leaving if you do not go silent." No one talks to me in this manner when I am paying their salary. Left appropriate tip for housekeeping, but needless to say I was outraged and will never, ever utilize this chain in the future. Will also encourage my extensive family and friend network to do likewise. Don't know what if any training and expectations you provide, but you need to do a better job. SLEEP INN never again for me.

Original review: May 5, 2016

Although my stay was brief, my nightmare at this Sleep Inn (Memphis, Tn) on Front st, downtown is long. Regardless I'll be brief. C/I @ 11:30 am (nice) FDA (Leslie) pleasant. Settled in rm 412 w/ luggage, small gray purse like bag, toiletry case, small over the shoulder bag, and small green medicine bag. Room (small but clean and cozy). Had cash paid from job in Nashville $1000, took out $40 for spending money, zipped up gray bag, left bag on opened suitcase on rack. Went behind hotel to get food from food trucks for an hr.

Came back to room, went to tour Victorian Village, Tour $10 gone 2 hrs, back to hotel. Showered went behind hotel again on main st., walked half mile to Beale st. to listen to music and have a beverage gone 2 hrs returned to hotel. Stayed in room, went to sleep at 10:30 pm, got call from FD at 5:15 - young man said he found my briefcase - recovered briefcase thanked him, tipped him.

In room checked for contents two sketch books with architectural and portrait drawings gone @ 6 am called down - asked when is breakfast served his answer now. Went down had breakfast for 45 minutes. Back to room back up left hotel at 7:30 am to drive to Dallas. On the way heavy, heavy rain stopped in gas station to fill up looked in small gray purse like bag for cash, all $960 gone. Called hotel, told them, talked to GM Kurt ** - he said he would review tape - call back - called back 4 hrs later. He said no one entered my rm from c/I to c/o, next got call from director of operations Shannon (don't have last name). She said someone did enter room after 6 am when I was having breakfast. Was in Dallas by this time. Called back Kurt - told him, he wasn't very interested but said he would review tape again.

I called Memphis police (Sgt. **) an excellent officer took up my case (investigated) did interviews, the young man who entered my room said I called down at 6 am to tell him to go to my room to get the a/c cool working a (lie) but he did enter my room, saw the purse like bag opened it up while I was having breakfast and took the money. Unfortunately I only realized this in Little Rock, ARK. Sgt ** said if I could get back to Memphis he would arrest the young man (didn't get his name) but no promises of recouping my money.

After, his investigation he said they closed ranks. He believed they all spoke to one another to get their stories straight when again questioned by him. Of course you know the outcome, the young man (thief) got away with the $960 he stole from me. The management claimed I had no proof I had the money in the first place. I could not go back to Memphis to get with the police. If you plan to stay at Sleep Inn @ Riverfront Memphis make sure you lock up or hide your purse or valuables or any money you have - they will scope you out, see a mark and steal it, that's guaranteed! I'm both angry and sad, justice will never be served and this thief will continue working there, this crew is not on the side of the guest i.e. victim. Memphis is historical but criminals abound.

Original review: April 25, 2016

This complaint has to do with the specific hotel we have booked. Sleep Inn, 10775 W. Emerald Coast Parkway, Destin, Florida. I specifically reserved a room with the request for a rollaway bed. This due to the fact that I have two opposite gender teenagers staying with me. Upon questioning of the rollaway bed, I was informed that they had a rollaway, but was not available for the room assigned to my reservation.

Let me start with the fact that I am a gold member. My company books rooms through the Choice hotel app virtually weekly. It is severely disappointing when I take the steps to book a room with your company, travel all day, only to find that the specific items I detail in the reservation are not met. This should be addressed at the time of booking the reservation if there is a potential issue with the simple request of a rollaway bed. Especially so, when it is a typical request for a rollaway bed. I do not feel that this request is out of the ordinary, yet rather common. Now I am faced with the discomfort of figuring out how I need to deal with situation. This is something that I do not feel should be an issue that I need to deal with when I had made the proper requests and communicate our need for an extra rollaway bed while making the reservation.

I will state this. I am now severely inconvenienced while attempting to have a great family vacation in a Destination we frequent twice a year. This attempt to use your company for lodging accommodations places me in an uncomfortable position. This is not how I wish to vacation with my Family. I have modified my reservations here from 4 nights to one.

I will not stay here again, and seriously question the fact of whether to continue to book rooms using the choice hotel service. My company spends thousands monthly with Choice hotels. I will refuse to book rooms through your hotel unless there is an acceptable resolution to the inconvenience caused to my Family while vacationing and attempting to use Choice hotels as a lodging accommodation. This service is simply unacceptable. My Family deserves a hotel that accommodates. I do have options. My company will now be forced to explore these options to determine which hotel chain will deserve our business.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2016

I checked in late on a Saturday night, did not even question the outrageous price. (Date Feb 6) Location Morris Bridge Road, Tampa FL. I paid for my room with a debit card. Two weeks after checking in I happen to check my online bank statement and saw that the completely incompetent desk clerk charged me TWICE for one room. I was claim because fortunately this account is rarely used and no checks had been written against it. Imagine $150 extra dollars disappearing and the number of check charges that could have occurred.

I called the hotel and spoke to a lady named Margie with a lovely voice. At first she claimed I had two rooms and then changed the story to a single room and a double charge. She said the manager would call me on Monday. Seemed fair. It is now late Monday evening and no call. I call the hotel again and get charming voice useless Margie, who was surprised that I hadn't heard from the hotel. I wasn't at all surprised. She assured me that she would reverse the charge tonight, but it would take several days to reach my bank (I figure 2 days). I will do everything I can, in every magazine, BBB etc to tell the story of this motor inn. For your information it is off a major interstate and 90% or more are travelers who might not be as fortunate as I am to not be financially embarrassed by checks bouncing. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2016

I have been traveling extensively for the better part of 40 years and have all the platinum, silver, gold member cards to prove it along huge frequent flyer miles from multiple airlines. The hotel I am referring to is the Sleep Inn on Plaza Drive next to the DFW airport. I have been staying here on my business trips to Dallas for the last three years and everything has been great except for the decline in the last year. It seems to me every time I ask for anything to do with housekeeping it is NEVER done! The maids and I guess the housekeeping supervisor, she didn't wear a name tag, I had to ask the front desk her name. I ask them for what is normally a easy for sure task or item but like I say it never happens.

People it's called customer service and they are in the hospitality business in which a hotel becomes a home away from home so you expect to get what you ask for to make your stay at the hotel a good one but not when housekeeping makes it a very bad one. So I turn to the front desk to resolve it in which there is only one name and face that's the same since I started staying here and it's sad to say she can't get it done either (she I guess is the manager is what she told me), and nobody else I ask at the front desk gets it done.

I made several complaints to Choice corporate and the complaints are falling on deaf ears even though I am a diamond elite member. So what the consequences are that I have had Choice removed from our corporate lodging and taken it public. Along with trying to dispute charges on my CC because of the multiple bad stays at the hotel. Also I am going to gather up all the corporations Choice member cards and mail them to the CEO along with my and their statements because I am not the only one in the company that has had issues with this Sleep Inn (which is way too many to list). This is very sad that I have to write this because they were a great place to stay but in last year it's like it's a totally different establishment, hotel, business than from what it used to be. Also normally when I complained to another hotel they asked what they could do to make it right and not ONCE was it mentioned.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2015

Bad experience checking in at 7821 gateway lane concord NC. The front desk check in young lady was very rude and I was trying to check in for 6 rooms. She was very unprofessional. She needs to be trained we are the customers. This location lost our business that night. And my company will never use this Sleep Inn. If management does not take action with this young lady who did not have a name tag on and would not give her name my company will stop using Choice motels.

Sleep Inn and Suites Company Information