3.9/5 (44 ratings)

About Sleep Inn and Suites

Sleep Inn and Suites Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sleep Inn and Suites?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sleep Inn and Suites?

Original review: July 26, 2022

This happened at the Sleep Inn on Ashley Phosphate in Charleston SC. Was refused my reservation because I asked if I could get a refund. Owner is extremely rude and nasty. So was his wife. Went to another Sleep Inn and everything was great.

Sleep Inn and Suites response
Hello, Linds. We're disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction and would like to gather additional details regarding your experience. Please send us a private message with the arrival date, reservation name, confirmation number, and more details of the reason why you requested a refund. We will be waiting for your response.
Fernando

Customer

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

My wife and I stayed at Sleep Inn at Emporia, VA Sept. 3rd and checked out Sept 4th 2021! When we got home there was an extra charge on my charge for $35.00, so I called there and asked what was this charge! I was told we took their towels! We did not take any towels! Someone is being dishonest and it’s not us!! Never again! We will never stay at Sleep Inn again! We are senior citizens and we travel different places and we have never taken anything that does not belong to us!! I called repeatedly and either no one answered or I was told nobody there I could talk to about this! What is going on at that Sleep Inn???

Sleep Inn and Suites response
You're welcome, Raymond! Should you need us again, we are here round the clock, so do not hesitate to reach out! Take care. ~Fernando
Choice Hotels

CC: 10494126

Raymond, please know you are in the right place to voice these concerns. My team and I can take your feedback. When you get a moment, please follow up here with a private message with the name on the reservation. We hope to hear more from you soon. ~ Jeremiah

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 23, 2021

I do not recommend this hotel, they have dirty rooms and bad customer service. I tried to come here with my family but since we have 5 members of the family they charged me 25 dollars more than the agreed upon amount on the hotel website (take note that the extra member is a three year old child that does not have many needs of room), and also I asked for a mattress and the employee gave me one and said nothing of an extra price.

As we are checking out they said that the mattress was an extra 10 dollars on top of the 25 of the extra person and I was not informed of that price when I asked for the mattress and their excuse was that they were "soo busy" and could not tell us. They have no right to charge extra for money of something I was not wanting to pay for but I had to, and the total amount I paid on top of the one-day hotel visit (which was 120) was 40 dollars. I fully do not recommend coming unless it's your only option, any other hotel is better!

Sleep Inn and Suites response

Oh wow, Brenda! We regret to hear about the issues you encountered. Definitely, we would love the opportunity to take a look at your account. Can you please send us a private message with your confirmation number, date of arrival, and the name on the reservation? -Grettel

Original review: April 12, 2021

My final thoughts are that I love this chain. I travel a lot and I would definitely use them again. They are very welcoming and their prices are very good. Again I would definitely stay there. They make you feel welcome.

Sleep Inn and Suites response

Your kind words mean a lot to us, Barbara! Thank you for always choosing our brands, we truly appreciate your loyalty and support. We hope to welcome you back next time your plans allow. Have a wonderful day! -Zaira

Original review: July 6, 2020

Stayed at Sleep Inn and Suites in Gatlinburg, TN. We were told and signs were posted that there would be no housekeeping during our stay due to Covid. We were fine with that. On the 2nd day of our stay, we had returned back to the hotel mid-day to drop off some things back in our room. I was surprised to see the housekeeper at the room right next to mine. I actually spoke to her and she helped me with my key getting into my room. When we returned later that evening, I realized not only was my medication missing, but also 5 items of clothing from my suitcase and drinks from the fridge as well. I spoke with the manager the next morning who was in total disbelief about my claims, defended his housekeeping staff (a man/woman couple) and *repeatedly* stated how hard it was to maintain housekeepers.

He also insinuated that I would find my things when I got home, that how could they have taken anything when they leave for the day with their hands empty and why would they steal from my room since it was the one closest to the office? I told him he should fire her because he has a thief working in his business around people’s personal possessions and he said, ‘But we haven't had a problem with them since they have worked here’. How long was that?? 4 weeks. I was reimbursed the value of the stolen items but our trip was ruined. I did report it to the police. I would never stay here again. To value an employee who steals more than the clientele who trusts your staff to keep our belongings safe is absurd. Horrible management.

Sleep Inn and Suites response

It is alarming to hear about this experience, Taylor. We'd love to have an opportunity to investigate this further. To better assist you, could you please send us a private message including your confirmation number, arrival date, name on the reservation, and the hotel's address? We'll be waiting for your response. -Diana.

Original review: May 16, 2020

Booked and paid with Priceline. Got to motel and they wouldn’t honor reservation because my dog was too big and a German Shepherd! No mention on motel info. Then they tried to rip me off by charging another $40 for motel! Dogs are only $25!!! Dishonest manager!! Jordan **!!! Avoid this rip off place!!

Original review: March 31, 2020

Stayed one night at hotel in Mt. Pleasant SC, which is a nice area. The hotel was not full at all, but I was given a room in the back of hotel where two other guys checked in banging their doors and the stair door for an hour. When I inquired with the front desk why they put us that close she said, "I just gave you a room that was clean". The next morning I left for work forgetting my phone charger. When I returned at five the desk clerk knew nothing about it and I had to spend $25 to replace it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

This is a beautiful Hotel in Lancaster Texas but they have the worst upper management employees customer service ever. I experienced large holes in the ceiling dining hall due to water leaks and gas leak. They could have been detrimental to all the customers in the hotel and the staff would not contact the gas company after the gas leak was reported to the front desk customer. Had to call gas company to come out to take care of the situation and the gas leak ended up being yellow tagged. How dangerous. The hot water was cut off and customers was not notified of not having hot water.

Water was on the floor constantly that could have been a liability for the hotel in the event someone fall and hurt themselves. There was not enough breakfast served in the morning for customer. They ran out of food and overall the manager and the general manager has poor customer service skills when it come to conversing with Hotel customers. This is terrible for the owner considering it is a new hotel and it's all so beautiful.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I am LIVID with Choice and Sleep Inn. I will never use either again. How do you consciously keep customers money after the hotel was nasty and smell of urine... Holiday Inn Express will always get my business from now on.

Original review: June 18, 2019

We have just returned from our stay. I checked our credit card statement online and we were charged $8052.00 for a $252.80 stay that we had already paid for! We were not going to complain about the non-draining sink or the noisy a/c but after the fraudulent charges, I don't care. We contacted Comfort Inn (the parent company) and when they heard our issue they hung up on us! I will never again deal with that hotel chain!

Sleep Inn and Suites Company Information