1.50/5

Owensville, MO

Discover a great timeshare now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Lost Valley Lake Resort Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

We went and visited Lost Valley in Feb 2019, I kept telling them no to purchasing, they push and push and push and make you think that you're getting this great deal and payments aren't hardly anything. Come to find out the payments are double what I thought we agreed on, told me that we didn't have to pay maintenance fees and then I start getting bills for fees, plus payments. Tried to get out of it. Wouldn't happen, was told that I need to learn how to pay my bills. So, now it's hit my credit report even after they were to send me papers to redo the payments and take a lower amount if we didn't use the resort. No papers yet and 50 phone calls from them tormenting me. Whatever you do DO NOT get a timeshare at this place. It's run down and they lie. No wonder they are giving away so much to try and get people there. They are good I will give them that, because I didn't want to buy and yet I still did. Don't fall for it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I was active duty Army when I was sucked-in to buying this timeshare. I was a resident of New York temporarily attending a military school at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. The closest we have been stationed to Missouri since has been San Antonio, Texas; most of my time was overseas. We have always paid our yearly fees until a few years ago when in the process of moving, we didn't receive our notification of our yearly fees. IMMEDIATELY, our fees and penalties were sent to a collection agency.

I immediately contacted them and asked if this is how they treated a loyal customer of 20+ years. They basically said, "Yes." Wow!!! I would love to be part of a class action suit! I haven't used this place since the early 90's, but I have paid tens of thousands of dollars for my mistake as a young impressionable soldier. I sometimes wonder why I serve when people like those at Lost Valley Resort take so much advantage of other people. It makes me nauseous.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 1, 2019

This is true extortion. And extortion is illegal. I'm pursuing a look into a class action lawsuit for mismanagement of funds and not delivering on the model that they promised to the membership. We've been members since 1997 and the maintenance fees have climbed to ridiculous amounts over the years. There was a time when this membership had a monetary value.

Now, the new scam, due to so many people trying to walk away or even quit claim deed it back to LVL, is to pay an exorbitant amount of money ($5,000 to $6,000+) to walk away from the ownership, of an actual property, that is now worthless. So many shares have been sold that it's not even an enjoyable experience to go there anymore. We haven't been there for 10 years now. I can only imagine how bad it has gotten if 10 years ago is the barometer for what it is now. Stay away from this place. You're married to LVL if you join. Like a divorce, it's ugly and expensive. It's like paying alimony, only worse!

Original review: May 1, 2018

My husband & I have been owners since 2005. The dues may have gone up the last 2 years, but the pool was leaking and the sewer system needs to be updated. I want those things to be fixed. This will just better the resort. Lost Valley is my happy place! The staff have always been great!

Original review: March 9, 2018

I am very disappointed in reference to the dues going up so much this past year then being told it would drop so I paid then find out it dropped from 600 to 509. Not much of a drop. Been a member since 1990. Since then the place has gone downhill. I could have sold mine but I would not recommend this place to anyone at this time. I offered to give it back with a quick claim deed but they said no.

I have paid on time each and every single years that I have been a member. But if anyone wants my deed and will pay the 1100.00 to change ownership sure have it. A waste of money and then you go on the holidays and it is so packed that you can't enjoy yourself. Sand is nasty from so many geese that you can't walk without stepping in crap. I have shared this with many and I know many who has the same opinion. If you want to make the families pay 100 I did not have an issue with that but to have the dues double that is an issue and Lost Valley should be ashamed to have done this to the ones who pay and respect the property when there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lost Valley Lake Resort?

Original review: May 29, 2017

LVL is one of the most disgusting places I've ever been. I've owned this membership for many years. There was a time when we enjoyed the facility, but those days are long gone. I never want to stay there again. The trailers are gross, infested with bugs, dirty and run down. We could not even use the shower or bathroom in our trailer. We had to use the facilities at the camp grounds, which were not much better. I tried to give this membership away a few years ago. They made it almost impossible and my potential taker lost interest saying it was not worth the hassle or money. I am going to contact LVL first thing tomorrow to see what steps must be taken to dissolve this contract I have with them. If anyone has been successful at getting rid of their membership/ownership, please let me know how you did it. I want out of this membership.

Original review: April 10, 2017

I don't even know where to start with this review but let me tell you this resort is a pure rip off!!! I've been a "so called owner" of nothing since 1985 and effective April 2017, I just paid a fortune to rid myself of the biggest financial fiasco that I have and will ever make in my life! You can get rid of homes, cars and for the most part spouses but you are stuck with this dump and extortion run business for the rest of your life? I don't think so! I officially bought my way out of this BS for a fortune but I can be rid of this foolishness and BS forever more now and it is worth every penny to be done with the ever rising maintenance fees that isn't being put back into the resort! Good riddance of this so called resort which is a true dump with run down RVs that are dirty with roaches and bedbugs!

If you want camping and outdoor living for your family, go on a vacation, spend for that trip and be done! If you ever buy into that hell hole you are trapped for life! DON'T, and I repeat DON'T do it! RUN for the hill and save yourself a big financial fiasco! It's deeded so you can't just walk away! They can garnish your wages and put a lien on your property if you don't pay your annual ever rising maintenance fees that doubled from 2016 to 2017! Don't get trapped in something you're stuck with until death! BEWARE!!!

Original review: March 28, 2017

Me and my daughter and grandkids stayed for a week and the staff was very helpful and there's so much for the grandkids to do. We played games, putt golf, volleyball, watched movies, played on playground, swam, fished. It was a wonderful weekend. If I could I would give them 10 stars.

Original review: March 28, 2017

I was told "it's an investment" - my children when adults could use my membership at no additional fees - maintenance fees would only go up slightly yearly if at all and that these monies would ensure beautiful, clean resort with up-to-date accommodation. This place is a DUMP! The accommodation haven't seen an update since they were purchased. They reek of urine and cigarette smoke with broken fixtures, leaking when it rains and infested with ants and roaches! The employees are rude and hateful and the Resort's Owner has not put forth any effort to resolve these issues - instead he raised the maintenance fees over 80%. We don't even go there because of the deteriorating conditions.

The main lodge burned over 9 years ago and still isn't opened. Then the recreation center burned - twice - what did the owner do with the money? Sure didn't reinvest in LVL. They will not allow me to quit claim my deed back - instead they want another $7,0000! I can't even give it away - no one wants to pay the fees on a dump. Save yourself and your $$ - don't walk but RUN from this place and the pack of lies they will tell you to get your money and take it and take it and never get anything in return. Biggest mistake I ever made and had to hire an attorney for help getting out.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

Absolutely horrible business practices. I am a member and boy is that a curse. You are stuck once you buy in and miraculously can't even give back your membership that Lost Valley values at around nine thousand. You'd think they would fall over themselves to take your membership back for free but that's when the face of the SCAM shows itself. You see, your membership has zero value. They call it an investment... I don't know about you but I always thought a investment should bring some kind of return.

This is a timeshare with all the downsides of one and none of the few upsides of a normal timeshare. For example, if I cannot find the time to stay at the resort I cannot rent out my time to another person or party in order to cover that year's maintenance fees or to bring in a RETURN on my "investment". I would also like to point out how very racist some of the staff are towards people of color. Looking at your photo ID camera man. Just a little info for Any people of color that enjoy Lost Valley. I'm ** and got a long lesson in ** power at the last upsell meeting. Thanks for reading and God bless.

Lost Valley Lake Resort Company Information