Grand Canyon Skywalk

Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Grand Canyon Skywalk

Grand Canyon Skywalk is a unique attraction in Grand Canyon West. It's a 10-foot-wide, horseshoe-shaped glass bridge that extends 70 feet over the canyon rim. This gives visitors a clear view 4,000 feet down into the canyon. Other add-on attractions, such as meals, ziplines and helicopter-pontoon experiences, are also available at Grand Canyon West.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Customizable packages
  • Unique experience
  • Free shuttle service to parking
Cons
  • Photos not allowed
  • Not for infants

Grand Canyon Skywalk Reviews

Stars Rating

• 4%
  • 17%
  • 4%
  • 1%
  • 74%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grand Canyon Skywalk?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grand Canyon Skywalk?

Reviewed June 3, 2010

So my wife and I decided to take the 2-hour detour required to get to the "Grand Canyon West Airport," which is the staging area for the Grand Canyon Skywalk. To get here, you have to take a 25-minute long drive on an unpaved dirt road with rocks, pot holes, etc., horrible road, hardly maintained. Most like ATV trails, than a road for cars and buses. We thought it was rather tacky. Spend the money for the attraction, without making the proper infrastructure first?

Once you get there, you find out that you can't actually drive to the Skywalk, you'll have to take a shuttle bus. Okay, I can handle that. Once you get inside, we find out there are no cameras allowed, no cell phones allowed. If you want your picture, you'll have to pay $30 just to download it online! Not even a hard printed copy! Okay, so we can skip the picture.

Then, we get to the ticket counter. So, you have to take this "bus tour" to get out to the Skywalk, and you can't drive yourself. This "tour" is a guided drive to the Skywalk which tells you the history of the Hualapai Indians (if you care). So, now, the cost is $45 for the ride. I thought it was only $30 to walk on the glass, now, I think it's $45! Okay, I can deal with this.

Surprise! You still have to pay $30 on top of the $45 bus ride if you want to do the Skywalk, and then pay $30 to get a picture you download. For my wife and I, this would have been almost $200, which would require waiting in this long line for the bus as well! We left, bitter and disappointed. We have plenty of money, but it wasn't about the money. The dishonesty and cheapness of these people is just incredible. We hear a family of 6 in front of us, and it was going to cost them over $500 total for the attraction. I was blown away. You can spend 16 hours at Disneyland with your family for that same price, and I'm sure you'll have much more fun and don't have to drive to the middle of nowhere to do it!

Reviewed July 1, 2009

We drove 14 or 15 miles up a rock road with lots of ruts in it. We got there and they weren't charging the price on the internet to see the Skywalk. They were very rude also as well as charging over $70 a piece to ride a bus and see the Skywalk. We left and drove back down to the rocky rutty road and proceeded to enjoy the Grand Canyon, another way than using the Skywalk.

Grand Canyon Skywalk Company Information