Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

175 B.F. Goodrich Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 23, 2015

I have been purchasing BFGoodrich tires for years on all vehicles that I own and with the last 3 years I purchase 2 sets of 4 tires that install on my vehicles, 245-65-17 28,000 7/32 tread depth miles and has excessive dry rot and cracks. I contacted them a few times they sent me to Sears in Jersey City New Jersey and they verified the complaint, then BFGoodrich corporate I had to call and got through with Andy and he was no help at all - offer 50% for any new tires I purchase. Then he said his manager was not available. However they then offer to pay 70%. I didn't accept that offer since my tires is measured at 7/32 tread depth.

I explain to the rep that tires get replace at a very low tread depth and I didn't purchase these to have to spend out of pocket money at 7/32 tread. I also notified him that I have 2 small kids and this is a safety issue but this company don't care about safety because they already big in business. I have already reported this issue to NHTSA and I will be going to social media with pictures also. 265-65-17 10,000 miles 8/32 tread depth and has excessive dry rot and cracks. Will get pictures and D.O.T numbers.

Original review: July 14, 2015

BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2 - I have owned a set of LT285/70 R17 Mud Terrain tires for about 40k miles. Around 15k miles I noticed a wobble at speed in the steering. Tire store suggested they were out of balance so had them re-balanced and rotated. Following next rotation noticed wobble again. Balancing seemed to solve the issue, but I believe this was because the defective tire was always moved back to the rear axle. 2 days ago while my fiancee and her son were on the freeway the tire de-laminated and threw a 26" long section of tread. She succeeded in wrangling the truck onto the shoulder.

The tire was missing a large section of tread, the steel belting was exposed and the entire wheel was deformed and bulging out against the area where the tread was missing. I have another tire also displaying the same symptoms so now the truck is grounded until I can get new wheels. Admittedly the tires were in need of changing out however there was still 3/8" of lug on the wheel, it should not have flown apart. In the days leading up to the failure I had noticed some increase in harmonic noise from the rear wheels. I will know what this may be a sign of in the future.

Original review: July 13, 2015

Tire blew tread off of casing doing 3,500 damage to bed of truck. Tire had 70% of tread left. 1st tire I caught before blowing apart, 2 months prior it split the cords and bubbled.

Original review: July 11, 2015

I purchased six BF Goodrich Commercial TA AS tires size 225/75/R16 for my 2002 Itasca 31' Motorhome in March 2010. I keep the tires covered and dressed when I'm not traveling, and have had them rotated every 4,000 miles. I check my air pressure before every trip in the Motorhome, and also frequently check them while on the road. I believe the tires are defective, as I've had to replace four of the six tires, two of them because they blew out on the highway at 50 MPH. Fortunately, no one was hurt in either incident, but my Motorhome sustained significant damage in both incidents. I replaced the first tire in April 2014 (with just over 7,000 miles) under my road hazard certificate after it developed a split in the sidewall and began slowly losing air.

In May 2015, I experienced my first blowout, on the right rear outside tire. There was a slight wobble (tread separating?) just before the blowout, and the tread was completely peeled off (see attached pictures). The flying tread cracked the fiberglass, bent the exhaust pipe, and bent or broke several pieces of molding on my Motorhome. When I had that tire replaced, I asked for all of the tires to be inspected, and one additional tire was found with tread separation, and that tire was replaced as well. Unfortunately, Americas Tire didn't suggest that I should open a claim with Michelin (parent company of BF Goodrich), and they disposed of both of the defective tires.

Three weeks later I was preparing for my next trip and noticed the two left rear tires were low. I had them inspected at Americas Tire, who told me the valve extenders were leaking, so they removed them. They gave the tires a clean bill of health and ensured that they were inflated to 80 PSI. I checked them the morning we left and they were still at 80 PSI, so we got on the road. About 30 miles into our trip, the second blowout occurred, on the left rear inside tire. I felt the same wobble just before the tire blew. Again, the tread completely peeled off, and the debris ripped out the air line to my air-ride shocks and caused other damages on the underside of my Motorhome.

I kept the tire this time and filed a claim with Michelin. I am in the process of getting estimates on the Motorhome damage so that I can send in the claim packet. In the meantime, I have asked Americas Tire to replace the two remaining original tires, as I do not feel comfortable driving with them on my rig. Americas Tire told me that Michelin would only pay 35% of the cost to replace the two remaining tires due to their age (there is less than 10,000 miles on the tires).

I believe this shows a total disregard for customer safety, especially considering this same model tire is under a voluntary recall for two different sizes with manufacturing dates near the time my tires were produced (see the BF Goodrich recall site http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/voluntary-safety-recall.page). There are also several YouTube videos showing tread separation on these tires, which look very similar the results of my two blowouts. I am waiting to see how Michelin responds to my claim.

Original review: June 30, 2015

** in Reno and others with similar BFG failures. I recently had an event that was frighteningly similar to all of yours and resulted in injuries. I would be interested in being part of a class action too, so please contact me direct at **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about B.F. Goodrich Tires?

Original review: June 29, 2015

I have used BFG All Terrain for over 20 years. I will not use them again. I have suffered three different accidents/near accidents from these tires coming apart at highway speeds from 45-65 mph. My truck's rear quarter panel looks like I drove over a mine field. I am taking my truck today to remove the remaining three tires from my truck with the BFG name on them. My grandfather made BFG tires in Akron, OH in the 60's and 70's and I always stayed loyal to BFG BUT since the outsourcing to Thailand, it is obvious their quality has gone downhill. I am very diligent on my truck maintenance and always adjust my tire pressure for the driving conditions/temperature. Such a sad day for me to see another good U.S. company sell out to cheap labor.

Original review: June 19, 2015

I bought a truck with bf Goodrich tires on them. They are 21/2 years old and the right front tread totally came off without the tire popping.

Original review: June 1, 2015

Just bought a new truck and had 2 of the BGF All-Terain KO delaminate and explode on me in the past month. I crashed into the center divide the second time. First tire to blow discount tires said it was a factory defect. Now it happened again on the opposite side. This is unacceptable and I want to start a class action lawsuit against the company. If you share a similar experience, please contact asap at **. I live in Reno, NV.

Original review: May 28, 2015

Bought these tires about 3 1/2 yrs ago. They are peeling on the sides of 3 of the tires. Brought it back to my local dealership where I bought my F150 Ford Truck, and tires. They said they couldn't do anything for me. They said the tires are not warrantied anymore, so now I have to spend another $1,000 on tires? Clearly there is a defect in these tires, and would not recommend these tires to anyone.

Original review: May 28, 2015

On May 20, 2015 me and my family were driving along Interstate 10 near Tucson, AZ. We were traveling at highway speeds when I lost control after my back tire separated. My tires were 285/75r16 BFG KM2 and Load E. I fill these tires to 48 pounds for a 1/2 ton Chevy Silverado. I have always trusted BFG, mostly the mud terrain because they are a hard tire and I had never heard of them blowing out or separating. I have gone through 5 sets of BFG MT's and started with the original KM1 design. With the grace of God, Me and my family survived after rolling 4 times. I had no control of the pick-up as it went directly off the road.

The next day, when I went to the tow yard, the tire that separated had 44 pound in it. I noticed there were very small dry rot cracks between the tread. I contacted my attorney and due to the age of the tire, DOT 2310, it was not a good case to file against a large tire company. After reading all the other reviews on this page, I am not going to use BFG's any longer. Something is going wrong in the recent manufacture process. This many people cannot be wrong. Maybe by posting our stories someone will listen.

Original review: May 21, 2015

Bought a set of BFG all terrain T/A KO 285/75R16 122R D. Had a blow out at 8000 miles. No apparent reason for the blow out. Remaining three tires were properly inflated. America's tire replaced it with a purchase of a protection plan on all four tires. Good thing because 20,000 miles later the right front had tread separation occurring. Dealer offered a new tire but I opted to use the credit towards 4 new Nitto Trail Grapplers.

Original review: May 18, 2015

I was traveling down the road at about 55 mph and my Ford Excursion start to jump. I slowed down then I heard a loud noise and pulled over to the side of the road and discovered that the front drivers side tire completely peeled apart. No one was hurt but my vehicle sustained damage. I had the spare put on and then about 2 weeks later the same thing happened to the front passenger side. At that time I was only going about 40 mph. The type of damage was done to my vehicle. I know have to replace both tires and have my vehicle fixed. Is there any kind of compensation I can get from BF Goodrich since it was both of their tires that the tread completely came off? The tires still have air in them. This is something that should not have happened.

Original review: May 12, 2015

On May 1, 2015 I was traveling from Ceres, Ca. to Elko Nv. in my Ford F350 Crewcab 4X4 pulling my 40 foot 5th wheel trailer. I had just got on Highway 99 North in Ceres, Ca. and drove about 3 miles when all the tread came off the left rear tire on my truck but the tire did not blow out. I was very lucky it didn't cause an accident on the busy highway. Big-O Tires in Modesto Ca. did not have this tire in stock so I had my spare put on and purchased a used spare so I could make it to Elko, Nv.

I purchased this set of 4 LT275/70R18 BFG tires from Big-O Tires in Modesto, Ca. on July 15 2013 and they only have 17,000 miles on them with well over 50% of tread left. I took the failed tire to Big-O Tires in Elko, Nv. and they will only prorate the failed tire. Upon further inspection of the other 3 tires, it appears there is some separation starting on the sidewalls just below the tread. I am going to pursue a factory defect claim from BFG but after reading all these horror stories about BFG tires and service, I think there will be more strength in numbers.

Does anyone know if there is any litigation against BFG started out there? I feel that BFG has a product problem that can cause serious damage or death if it hasn't already. I was just one of the lucky ones. Please, I would like to hear your feedback. To make matters worse, I got an estimate of the damages the tire caused to my truck and it comes to $5,224 and I have a $500 deductible.

Original review: May 7, 2015

Purchased a set of BF Goodrich Long Trail 60K mi. rated tires for my F150 in 2009. Drove the vehicle 28K mi. and the tread wore down past safe tread depth. Had cracking between the side wall and tread. Also chunks of rubber coming out of the tread. Took it back to merchants and they worked out a 43% credit/tire with BFG. After reading these reports I don't think quality has improved. My kid's life is worth more than that.

Original review: April 20, 2015

New 2011 Ford F-250 XL Regular Cab 4x4 purchased with LT245/75R17 BF Goodrich RUGGED TRAIL T/A (Part #: 9OO4 47814) tires stock from the factory. All four tires rotated and re-balanced every 6-months at Ford Dealership for $50.00 a shot. Truck Total Mileage is 17,971. All four tires fail to satisfy 2015 New Hampshire State Inspection at 2/32. BF Goodrich says that I am entitled to pro-rata warranty replacement; however, my portion of this is 40% + all mounting and balancing charges as well as disposal fees. So the bottom line is that I need to pay over almost 60% of the cost to replace tires that haven't even met 1/3rd (less than 33%) of their mileage guarantee that came on this brand new truck! Do they think I will really buy 4 more junk tires that won't last 20k miles? This company also own Michelin, which is probably why their tires are just as bad!

Original review: April 17, 2015

Noticed side wall separation also dry rot on p 225 70r 16 tires. Took back to Sam's Club - they would only prorate tires. Contacted BFG - they were rude, non caring, arrogant, hung up on us. I've had many BFG tires - never had issues at all until now. Tires rated 75000 miles. Only had 30000 miles. All 4 tires had tread separation and dry rot. Took 4 calls to BFG. One guy pretended to be manager. Wouldn't tell us his name. We also asked for corporate headquarters' phone number - wouldn't tell us. Never buy BFG again. Have a Chrysler 300 2015 - has Michelin tires, may get rid of those too. What a bunch of pompous customer service people. Phone to BFG customer service 888 971 3803. Talk to them yourself and see how you're treated.

Original review: April 6, 2015

Experienced a flat tire on the right rear. When the road service employee removed the tire, he advised me not to have it repaired, as it was showing signs of dry-rot between the threads. When I brought the car to Moody Tires in Franklin Tn., the dealer that the tires were purchased from, his resolution was to replace the tires at a 60% discount as all four tires were in the same poor condition. My question is why would defective tires with less than 25,000 miles not be fully warrantied? Four new Advantage TIA/MSPN-90933 are now on my car at the cost of $247.00. Hopefully I've not made another mistake by purchasing B.F. Goodrich again. Was I taken advantage of by the dealer or the manufacturer?

Original review: March 16, 2015

Have had 2 sets of BFG all terrain T/A KO 285/75R16 122R D that failed due to separation problems. BFG replaced 1st set at 100% and second set they refused to replace at 100%. The tires are unsafe and unpredictable. Beware, can cause deadly blowout.

Original review: March 14, 2015

BFG A/T KO 265/70/17 - Bought a set for my 2006 GMC 2500 4x4. I haul a 100 gal. fuel tank and approx. 300 lbs. of tools every day. Had the tires about 30k miles before the first complete tread separation resulting in a bent rear driver fender, looking like I climbed over a stump. Next at approximately 40k miles I wasn't as lucky, again total tire separation on passenger side rear with damages including another bent fender, tail pipe damage, bumper damage, scratches down my bed, and a busted tail light. The 2 remaining BFGs still appeared to have 10-15k miles left on them but got replaced with Toyos. Thanks BFG.

Original review: March 7, 2015

Dry Rotted bf Goodrich long trail ta tires. Tires keep losing air. Noticed in between tread tires dry rotted and cracked badly. While other tires are being recalled for same problem my size is not. Do not understand what difference size makes. They all were made with basically same rubber compounds.

Original review: March 5, 2015

I own a 2000 toyota mr2 spyder with 9600 miles, yes 9600 miles. My car is immaculate and garaged kept. The tires are about 8.5 in tread wear. They are like new except within the last few weeks they started cracking in between the treads. I contacted BF Goodrich/Michelin at 800 521 9796. The tires have been on the car for about 4 or 4 1/2 years. BF Goodrich wanted to speak with the tire dealer and not me. Went to Discount Tire here in Daytona Beach and they contacted BF Goodrich. BF Goodrich's answer, tires are over six years old. They will not honor any warranty and will not give any rebate or discount on a new set. DOT info (4307) and (5007). These tires were made in Thailand and have a history of premature cracking between the treads. What can I do?

Original review: March 4, 2015

We caught a separation before a blow out and replaced it with a brand new one - it was deemed to be defective - "made incorrectly" is how I think they described it... then one of the original 4 tires actually blew out on our truck (thank God we rotated it to the rear), causing over 2K in damage. Like many other people on this page, we have replaced all our tires (with new BFG's) due to the lack of confidence in the original ones. We got the one defective tire prorated, and paid for the others, as well as paying our insurance deductible to repair our truck.

BFG initially seemed very concerned and offered to take care of everything for us. Once they received our blown-out tire, per their request, they said it was because we hit something and denied our claim. I am currently pursuing a small claims civil suit against them. All we asked for is what they originally offered us, to pay for the replacement tires and our deductible. Based on the confirmed defective tire, one of the four original tires from the same lot, I think they should hold true to their offer. BFG's is the only tire we have ever put on our vehicles, but not anymore.

I have personally seen another blowout recently of the same BFG tire that caused a roll-over traffic collision in Fontana, CA. There are too many of the same stories on this website to ignore they may have had a bad run... I get it, no company can ever make a perfect product 100% of the time... errors happen. All we ask is that they admit they had some issues, most of which seem to be layer separation, and make us whole by replacing our loss. I am one person who truly does not believe in suing people. But I also believe the company is responsible for the blow out and the damage to our vehicle - it happened on the 395 and if any of you around know what that newly paved highway is like with all its semi's and fast traffic, our tale could have been tragic. Again, we had the same lucky ending I'm reading about in other reviews. Good luck to all of you. Keep the reviews coming and hopefully they will start helping people...

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

Just replaced a pair of BF Goodrich A/T tires on my Camry due to dry-rotted sidewalls. I did not experience a blowout. The tires were manufactured in 2009, so they were 5-6 years old, but lightly driven and still had 1/2 to 1/3 of the tread remaining. I was googling around to try to find online discussions about whether certain tire brands are more prone to dry rot than others, and this page kept popping up. It seems that BF Goodrich tires may in fact have a problem with premature dry-rot. I have another vehicle with four Hankooks on it that were also manufactured in 2009 that show no signs of dry-rot. I will not purchase BF Goodrich tires in the future.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2015

A few months ago a friend of mine who has the exact same model and size tire that I have (BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM2 35 x 12.5 x 18) separated on his Dodge Ram. He was driving home when he noticed the tires started shaking. When he got home he noticed that his tire had developed a bulge on the tread. Granted, his tires were getting a little long in the tooth but still I don't believe they should of done that.

Now fast forward a few months later. A few days ago I noticed my steering starting to shake. I figured that perhaps a weight fell off of the wheel or something. So I brought it in to Big-O Tire to have my tires rotated and balanced. When I got it back it felt worse. On closer inspection, I noticed that my tire had developed the exact same bulge on the tread that my friends tire had. The only difference is that my tires still have plenty of tread on them. I bought a used tire because I felt it would be a shame to throw out 3 perfectly good tires because one let go but now, after reading all the problems people are having with tire separation with BFG's, I think I will be replacing them ASAP.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

I was towing a trailer loaded with a bobcat behind my F350. Maybe 10k total trailer weight at the time... This is when my rear passenger tire came apart. In the process damaged the boxside, exhaust and brackets. I was able to get it to the side of the road. I was going about 60 on the freeway... If this was the front tire I probably would of hit another driver that afternoon. These tires were 305 60 18 KM2 BFG Load E. They had 30,000 miles and were awesome tire until this happened. Wore very well and even...They were also very quiet. I had purchased them through Discount Tire Online. I brought them to the local store and they measured the tread depths. I was still at 50% tread depth after 30K. These would of made 50k easy. Bottom line is BFG would warranty the bad tire at a prorated price. This is fair but I don't trust the other 3 tires. What if my wife was driving the truck when the next one comes apart?? I now have a different brand tire on my truck after 15 years of only using BFG. Anyone else have this happen???

Original review: Dec. 12, 2014

I've been a mechanic, specializing in brakes and suspension and a BFG fan for nearly 35 years with sets of different T/A tires mounted on both cars and trucks. In fact, the last set of Advantage were purchased for the wife's 2000 Taurus exactly 2 years ago from this same dealer. Was initially impressed by their ride, handling and control in snow and dry. Unfortunately other mechanical problems forced the sale of the vehicle at less than 1000 Kms so no long term wear evaluation.

So, was surprised and frustrated by the latest experience. Just purchased a set of 225/65-17 for our 2010 Grand Caravan SXT and had a pull to the right immediately out the door. Also a shake at 100 Kms/hr that affected the console only. Returned and had all 4 tires rebalanced and swapped front to rear. Pull was gone, but with a noticeable sideways walk at low speeds and shake now presented in the steering wheel.

Returned for a third go. Both front tires were rechecked and so difficult to balance. One tire was rotated 180 degrees on the rim and the other removed and flipped over. Very slight pull and now just a hint of wobble at a narrow highway speed range I normally do not drive at, (resonance). Never had to go through this with ANY set of tires before, regardless of price point and shared the tech's confusion with the balance readings when removed for rechecking. I understand there may be some difficulties with the equipment, but watched the process each time and verified the 0/0 readings before the tires were bolted back on the vehicle.

My other complaints are subjective. The stock Bridgestone Turanzas supplied with the vehicle gave superior ride and handling up to removal at 75,000 Kms and were not anywhere as noisy, especially wet. In the next few weeks we will be traveling to visit family for the Holidays. Sustained highway speeds through winter environment from dry, rain and snow should give me enough time and distance of different surfaces for a final evaluation.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2014

On Sept 16, 2014 approx 10:00 am. I was heading to work from Edmonton to Grande Prairie Ab, traveling at highway speeds just before Spruce Grove Ab when I noticed my truck start to shake violently. I then slowed down to approx 70 km/hr when I heard a loud noise and my truck swerved to the right barely missing a transport truck. Controlling my truck to a safe spot to stop on the highway, I exited the vehicle and noticed that the tread peeled off the tire and was still holding air.

Upon inspection of the truck I noticed a substantial amount of damage to the truck and that it wasn't safe to drive. After calming down and addressing the situation, I called roadside assistance and had my truck towed to the nearest dodge dealership in Edmonton, Ab. (Great West Dodge) After finally reaching a Michelin rep, I was told to have it towed to Kal tire. So using AMA I had the truck towed there for a inspection and waited to hear what the process was going to partake of approx three-four weeks. Later I received a package in the mail and I provided all of the asked of information, and sent both the tire/package to supplied addresses. In the meantime I was not once offered any means of transportation or any kind of peace mind from Michelin. From Sept 16th - Sept 29, 2014 I was unable to work due to the fact that I had no vehicle resulting in a loss of wages for both the vehicle and myself.

Losses include 14 days @ $700/day manpower = $9,800. 14 days @ $100/day for the min rate for truck rate= $1,400. Approx fuel usage 14 days @ 50/ day = $700 . Replacement cost of a new set of tires = $2,000. A week prior to the Sept 16, 2014 incident, my truck was in two tire shops for service and inspections. Upon this incident, I would not ever buy or recommend someone to purchase a Michelin product ever again due to the poor customer service and quality of their product, which resulted in mental frustration and potential loss of my life and to others that were involved. Upon review, Michelin deemed that I was at fault and was stuck with a $ 8,500 damage bill for my truck.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2014

I have 35 x 12.50 x 18 BF Goodrich Mud Terrains on my 2005 Superduty F 250. I bought these tires, all 4, new. I had ran another set of same tires on my truck and am rather disappointed in them. I just suffered a separated tire in the front passenger, causing substantial damage. Thank God no one was hurt, nor did the vehicle overturn. These tires have less than 5,000 miles on it. In my opinion, there needs to be an investigation launched of these tires. I have faithfully rotated these tires, balanced them, ran with proper pressure in them and this is scary for a tire to fail.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2014

My wife and I recently purchased a Nissan Xterra and the other day I noticed the tires had extreme discoloration on sidewalls and the sides felt like they had dimples in them. The car has less than 4000 miles on it and the tires have never been run up against the curb, besides the discoloration is around the whole side wall periphery. With all the comments on BFGoodrich tires that have been produced in the last 2 years on this site, I'm wondering if they are safe. At the moment we do not do a lot of high-speed driving on them, but might next year. Would really like to see a formal number of complaints about these tires; is there a database somewhere with this information?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2014

BF Goodrich rugged terrain, have had 3 tires tread separation with less than 23,000 miles. I time the tire still had 80 lbs of pressure in the tire, the tread came off and damaged van. The tire still had 80lbs with the tread gone. Customer service said I ran the tire with low tire pressure. Today had another tire blowout, damage to van. The tires come apart, produce a vibration, then blow out. The first time with less than 10,000 miles the tire had a big egg in it, stopped before blowout.

B.F. Goodrich Tires Company Information