Bridgestone Tires

Compare Tires

Research top Tires recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Had these winter tires on for 2 winters so maybe 14-15000 miles. Put them on again this season and the car was all over the place. Spun out today. Rainy day but the Blizzaks should have been able to handle that. Hit retaining wall. Not hurt but quite shaken. Tire pressure was to specs... The wet road just made the tail wag like a happy puppy, not safe for driving. I feel I'm a good driver but these tires are dangerous!

Picked up the new Audi Q5 on Saturday evening with OEM Bridgestone tires. Had a rear tire blowout on Friday - 7 days after buying the car. Traveling on the expressway at highway speed and the rear tire exploded. Only the sidewall bead remained on the rim. The rubber dented the lower rear quarter panel. This is my second bad experience with Bridgestone. First was with my Lexus RX450H - the OEM Bridgestones only lasted 15,000miles. I have since had 2 sets of Michelins and each set lasted over 50K.

These are my OEM tires on my 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid with 13,000 miles. The tires are the OEM Bridgestone Turanza EL400-02 tires. I have discussed the problem with Le Mieux & Son Toyota in Green Bay, WI. The owner is Tom Le Mieux and is the person I talked with among his service manager and Tom ** the salesman. The wear on the tires is actually even across the tires at 7/32-8/32 on all tires. You will notice that the center tread pattern is almost gone each tire and extending into the next tread pattern on each side of the middle tread. There has been NO over inflation of the tires and the tires have been rotated three times now according to the service manager and my maintenance book.

Per Tom Le Mieux and his staff there is nothing that they will do to rectify the problem of the odd center tread pattern wear. Toyota puts this junk on their vehicles and one should only expect to get 20,000 miles from them. Losing the tread pattern is a SAFETY ISSUE and the tires should be replaced. Anyone ever heard of hydroplaning? I bought a 2007 Camry with the same tires on it and basically had a similar wear issue problem in 2008. At that time Bridgestone was also having problems with these Turanza tires and Toyota replaced my tires. Not this time they say. I say Toyota should stop putting these inferior tires on their new cars. I will pay the extra $200.00 on the total purchase of the car.

Bought a used Taurus with nearly new Bridgestone P205/65R15 tires last year. Noticed a little road noise when test driving the car and figured it had a rear wheel bearing starting to fail but since I am a mechanic it didn't worry me. Soon discovered that the noise was rear tires when I rotated them to the front, but without purchase documents warranty was not an option. Now, 12,000 miles later the tires are wearing weird and belts are separating on two of the 4 tires. Way to go Firestone/Bridgestone! Hope you guys are making lots of $$$ off of your sorry ass tires cause none of the cars in our 6 car family will ever be buying your products for as long as I am alive.

I was a victim of a crime, arson to be exact. The individual poured an immense amount of gasoline on my vehicle but specially on my tires and even after being set on fire for quite a bit of time (10 minutes) my Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo USED tires had minor damage. Only one of the tires took some serious damage and even then it didn't explode!! What other tire can take some serious damage like that?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bridgestone Tires?

Today my wife was on the freeway when her Bridgestone tire literally exploded! Smoke pouring out of the right side of the car. Luckily she was in the right lane and was able to manage getting her Toyota Camry off the road, though had difficulty controlling the car. Her 2015 Camry Hybrid was purchased new and has had one tire fail some thousands of miles ago, and now this one. Mileage on her car: 15,000. We are going to have all her Bridgestones pulled off her car and replaced with Michelins. She dodged a bullet today and we are not going to tempt fate. Awful and dangerous tires. Shame on Firestone!

Bridgestone Potenza 215/55/R17 2016 Tires - I have a new 2016 Camry SE with 417 miles on it and while driving on the highway the right front tire went flat with no pressure warning. I pulled over within seconds and I had to change the tire. There were bulges in several areas of the tire. I WANT BRIDGESTONE TO replace my tire for free. This is a poor quality tire and I suspect the other tires may fail also and will need to have the dealer inspect all of them.

I have a 2015 Nissan Versa Note SR with 4,500 miles. I developed a knot on the side of one of the tires. Bridgestone 195/55R/16. Went to Nissan Dealer and they sent me to Firestone for warranty. The manual said take to Firestone. The Firestone people said pothole. Pothole no coverage. First physic people I have ever met. Would not cover under warranty. Do not buy Firestone/Bridgestone products, they do not stand behind their products.

I bought a new 2015 Honda Accord Sport with these tires (Bridgestone Potenza 235 45R 18 Tires). Have them rotated every time the oil is changed. At 15,000 miles they started making terrible road noise. Honda told me that 2 of the tires had cupped out. Blamed it on alignment. The car has been properly maintained and I am the only driver and am 61 years old and drive very carefully. I have never hit any potholes or hit anything for that matter. These tires are in my opinion very low quality. I can't believe Honda is putting this crap on their cars.

I can't seem to find the right words to express the depth of anger and disappointment I have in these tires. Bought them in 3/2015 for my 2012 Infiniti G37 X. Now in 02/2016, they are showing severe signs chunking and braking, big chunks of rubber just missing. These tires were rather expensive in comparison to other brands so when I bought them I thought I was investing in a reliable product. Unfortunately they didn't live up to their expensive value. I would never recommend them to anyone and I hope they get discontinued as they are a safety concern. $900 on a piece of junk. In fact "piece of junk" can't even describe how crappy these tires are. I will never ever buy any Bridgestone product again.

Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus Tires - Car has as original equipment for brand new auto purchased in Dec 2014. Noticed recently the two front tires had worn considerably on the outer side of each. I had them rotated at 7,256 in August at dealership. I also maintain proper air inflation. My car currently has just 3,100 miles. Worse mileage I have ever experienced in my 49 years of driving/car ownership. Told it was an alignment issue by dealership. Car never showed any signs of this problem. What is a consumer to do - have his alignment checked every 5000 miles now?? Another way for the auto industry to screw the consumer. And for this wear to have occurred in roughly 6000 miles seems outrageous. I am getting rid of them and going with Michelin. These tires are obviously poor quality that is being given to us consumers on certain new cars.

I bought these tires for my Mercedes S500 two years ago. I don't drive crazy. I drive to work, stores, church and a little bit of freeway driving. They are now bald and just had to pay an additional $280 to replace tires that cost me $600 originally. I wish I had reviewed this website - called Bridgestone. That's just what you get. No refund. No nothing. Tires rated at 80,000 miles should only last 20,000 cause I start and stop frequently - really?

I bought $30 tires from Walmart for my daughter's car who drives crazy and they lasted 40,000 miles. Bridgestone you need to figure out how to make a tire that lasts cause I am NOT going to spend that much on tires and have them last 1/4 of the miles you rate them at - that's absolutely ridiculous and yes you pro-rated the warranty but that should start at 40,000 miles. I will not buy Bridgestone again and I will tell many people about this.

I wish I had read about Firestone first. Bought 4 new Bridgestone tires with balance and alignment. Drove 2,500 miles complaining about shaking. Finally $600.00 tires were never balanced which of course meant no alignment. Now tires are worn on sides and one of my calibrator was also messed up. That was dangerous driving for highway every day. Any reimbursement?? Nope won't be going back there.

I can't seem to find the right words to express the depth of anger and dissapointment I have in these tires. Bought them in April 2014 for my 2011 Nissan Sunny. Now in October 2015, they are showing severe signs of dry rots plus I get extreme vibrations at 120 km/h. These tires were rather expensive in comparison to other brands so when I bought them I thought I was investing in a reliable product. Unfortunately they didn't live up to their expensive value. I would never recommend them to anyone and I hope they get discontinued as they are a safety concern. $230 on a piece of junk, in fact "piece of junk" can't even describe how crappy these tires are. I will never ever buy any Bridgestone product again.

BRIDGESTONE POTENZA- RE92A 255/45R18 TIRES - steel belt separated: I'm not very happy with Bridgestone Tires because of my recent experience of their tires & my call to their complaints dept. hotline #. I just experienced an almost fatal accident while driving my well maintained Hyundai Genesis 2.0 Coupe with only 21,000 miles. I just got onto I-4 Highway & was trying to catch up to the traffic speed of 65 mph. I noticed a slight vibration in the front end & steering wheel and all of a sudden I heard a loud thud & it felt like I was riding over huge objects over & over & I started to lose control of my vehicle & thought this was it! Only by the grace of God & my keeping calm that I was able to steer my car to the far right median of the highway & slowly brake & slow down while other huge semi-trailer trucks passed me at speeds of 70- 80 mph.

I was very fortunate to say the least. I got banged up & received some damage to my vehicle & contents in my car as I almost flipped over when I hobbled out of my car expecting to find a complete blowout or something worst. But all the tires appeared to be intact except for the driver's side front tire which appeared to be low of air. So I thought it had to be something went bad in the front end. I called roadside assist & waited an 1 hour for a flatbed tow truck which took me to my nearest dealership where when they put my car on the lift & inspected underneath, the tech found that tire appeared to have failed due to the "steel belt cords" breaking within the tire & causing a "massive bulge in the main tire tread area" which would account for the "felt like driving over huge objects (over & over)."

This was confirmed when the tech started to inflate the tire with air & you could see the area bulge out like a rupture in the tire tread area (not the outer wall of the tire). I've never seen anything like that before! A clear defect in the tire! I've always maintained my car very well & checked tire pressures weekly! I've got 5/32 tread left on my tires & my car is always garaged when not driven. When I explained this all to Bridgestone CSR, I was told that they want me to send my defective tire to their corp office for "their techs to inspect the tire & let me know what they find." The one male rep I spoke to at 1st was not very caring of my bad experience & tried to say it was probably my fault or error in some way that caused my tire to fail. I had to buy 2 new front tires & have other front end damage costs to my car including myself being banged up also. What are all your thoughts on this situation & what action should I take next??

I drive a Porsche 911. My rear tires were worn and I wanted to save some money. So, I bought two Bridgestone tires thinking that I would save a couple of hundred dollars on two tires. The two rear tires still cost me over $600.00 What a mistake that was!! These tires have the worst handling of anything I've ever driven. I would call them dangerous. The car no longer hugs the road and it sways from side to side during a quick lane change, even at 50 mph. At high speeds, the car is extremely unstable. Luckily I bought the tires at Costco and they will take them back. Thank you, Costco!! I'm going back to Michelin.

We leased our 2014 Toyota Sienna in April of 2014 equipped with Bridgestone run flat tires. They were very specific to say, at the signing, that we would not have a spare tire and these tires did not last as long as others. However after having the car serviced at the dealership (oil changes and recommended tire rotations) the tires started getting louder and louder. At 29000 miles the sound was almost deafening and frightening since 95% of our driving is highway and the car is not driven in the winter for 3 months.

We just replaced the tires with "normal" ones and the mechanic was stunned to see how badly they were worn for the miles on the odometer. They were bald on the edges. How dangerous! We also now have to buy a spare tire. If we had replaced the tires again with the run flats, they would have cost double of what we paid and had no rating for miles. In plain old English... these are garbage! A rip off! We hardly expected to be buying new tires at 30,000 miles. Buyer BEWARE!!!

Second tire in 2 years to shed outside tread in chunks. Last year 2014 I had to replace a drive wheel tire because the whole rim area of the tread chunked off in one piece leaving cords visual. This year I just returned from 1500 mile trip to find same chunking on the new tire replaced by Les Schwab in California. This tire shows same pattern of failure. Attempt to contact anyone at Bridegestone useless. On their warranty help line I was told I was #1 in line for more than 30 minutes. These people are not to be dealt with by anyone who considers business ethics a requirement. See images for Bridgestone 260R22.5 with < 10,000 miles.

Leased new Honda Accord Sport in 2014. First tire rotation at 6,000 miles. Immediately noticed excessive road noise coming from the tires. After the second rotation at 12,000 miles, the noise has become unbearable. Now at 21,000 miles and another rotation, the noise is constant at all speeds. I am totally fed up with Bridgestone Tires and very disappointed in Honda for putting an inferior tire on an otherwise decent car. I will never purchase a Bridgestone tire and when my lease is up in another year, I will really think twice before I return to Honda.

Bridgestone tires on Accord Sport - With 14,000 miles and a couple of rotations, these tires sound like off-road tires. Very noisy, will never buy another Honda again with these tires.

I have just replaced two Bridgestone Fuzion tires with still pretty good tread, when both treads separated going 70 mph on I-4 on the way to an urgent doctor's appointment at the Orlando VA. My car was vibrating so badly that I couldn't use the mirrors because they were bouncing so violently. We were terrified that the tread would come off on I-4 and I would lose control. I was able to pull off at the next exit and found a tire store. Needless to say, we missed the appointment.

What is worse is that these two tires were 5 out of 5 that either had separated or bubbled or were somehow out of round (oval shaped) during this past 1 1/2 years - all with good tread. The dealer said that they were not selling defective tires and said that I just had "bad luck"!! They said that they had no problems with Bridgestone Fuzion tires, yet I can't even find them on the Bridgestone site. Now I have two Fuzion tires on the front of my car that replaced the two other ones that had separated from before and I am waiting to see when they will go bad. I tried to call Bridgestone and their phone does not seem to be working.

I bought a 2014 Cadillac CTS and took delivery in March of 2014. It came with Bridgestone run flats. Ever since I got the car the tires acted as if they were out of round or had a flat spot. Every time I would take it to the dealer they said "they are run flats and they will ride hard and make noise". Driving on a wet road they would make a wop-wop sound and it got worse the older they got. I made the dealer use a load force balancer and was told 1 was out but not enough to get Bridgestone to replace it. I now have 25k on the noisy tires and my Cadillac dealer is going to replace them. I hope they use another brand.

My Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 tires wore out after only 32,000 miles even though they are advertised as warrantied for 65,000 miles. The Bridgestone dealer gave me a reference # ** and sent me to a dealer. The dealer measured the tires at 4-4-0 and stated that the warranty would not cover because the inside edges of all four tires were bald. He stated that, "It looks like an alignment problem to me." During the life of the tires I returned to the Toyota dealer for 5,000 mile service intervals. Each time they checked the alignment and inflation. It was always "within spec" for my 2007 Toyota Prius. I told this to the dealer and the Bridgestone representative. They stated that they are sorry but they cannot honor the warranty. What good is a 65,000 mile warranty for tires that wear out in 32,000 miles if the fact that they wore out voids the warranty?

I purchased these tires because they got high ratings for low rolling resistance and the Bridgestone brochure recommended them for my 07 Prius. While the gas savings were good, the loss of half the life of the tire more than outweighs the gas savings. I believe that Bridgestone has had a wear problem with these tires because after only 3 years they have withdrawn the tires and replaced them with the new Ecopia 422 Plus. It has a 70,000 mile warranty. But the new tire has a tread compound rated at 680 while the old tire has a tread compound rated at 400. Wouldn't it be reasonable to think that the much harder 680 rating would produce much more than only 5,000 mile more warranty?

I think that they withdrew the softer tire because it wore out too quickly and changed to the harder tread compound to get it close to the original warranty. But, they are not supporting the old tire warranty. I presented this logic to the Bridgestone representatives on the phone and in person. They stated that they have not had complaints. I doubt this. That is why I am sending this complaint. This is false advertising.

I purchased a set of Bridgestone tires four years ago. I have 20k miles on them. It's a 60k tire warranty. My sidewalls started dry rotting a year or so ago. I took my vehicle back to Sears to get another set of tires. I find out that I'm two months out of warranty, so I have a set of 60k mile tires w/ 20k miles on them. The guy at Bridgestone named Garfield said to go ahead and drive them as long as they hold air. I ask him if he would trust his life w/ the tires going through Atlanta in ten lanes of traffic going 70. Would you trust your life on a company that won't back their tire..?

I have a 2014 Honda Accord Sport. Beware that Honda is putting these cheap tires on their cars. When rotated, they have so much road noise, it's horrible. I have been speaking to Honda and Bridgestone! The person I spoke to at Bridgestone was very rude. If you have Potenza 235/45R18, beware! I will never purchase a set of Bridgestone.

Tires are cupping badly on inside and outside of tire despite being balanced when installed. We also had our suburban alignment at that time. Since then, we have had them re-balanced twice and alignment done twice. Now the noise is so loud we thought we had a wheel bearing going out. We own a repair shop and have never seen tires do this before.

After owning my 2015 Honda Fit for less than a year, I had a bubble form on the sidewall of one of my tires. I was told it was weather related and had to pay to replace the tire. This morning I woke to find the other 3 tires have similar bubbles! These tires are a rip-off and Honda should be ashamed of using them on their vehicles!!

After reading the numerous complaints on this site, I now know how to describe the noise my car makes that is so loud I cannot have a decent conversation, listen to the radio, nor hear my grandchildren talk to me from the back seat. I have even thought about wearing headphones when I am driving to block out the landing a jet on the runway roar... The noise is called Bridgestone Tires. NEVER EVER again will I purchase Bridgestone Tires.

If you are deaf, you might love these tires. I bought them with assurances that they were quiet tires, but my 2007 Equinox sounds like a jet plane - at any speed. I just bought them from Costco and am awaiting news whether they will do anything. If not, I will have to put up with these expensive tires until they wear out. I hate them.

I had purchased a Hyundai Fluidic Verna in January '14, which came fitted with Bridgestone Tyres. About 3 months back, 2 tyres developed a swelling on the outside wall. I did not pay much attention to it then, but when I went for getting a puncture in the tyre fixed in March '15, the person at the workshop (Tyre Dynamics, NOIDA) told me that a swollen tyre was unsafe to be driven on. He also advised that I could try contacting the company for warranty service as the swelling did not seem to be due to usage.

Following the advice, I contacted the Bridgestone POC for Western UP - **. After many follow-ups, he finally fixed a date (10th March '15) to inspect the tyres. After a brief inspection of both the tyres - which both happened to be the rear tyres, he declared that this could not be covered under warranty as one tyre had a cut on the inside and the other had a bump. He stated that because he tyre had been driven on very low air pressure and had hit some very hard object the side-wall had given way and that caused the swelling.

Taking what he stated to be true, I returned. Later on when I was at the same workshop for having my car washed, I happened to speak to the same guy at the workshop regarding this. He smiled and told me that these were all "tactics" used by companies. He also showed me that where the cut and bump was, which were both on the base of the tire and not on the side-wall, were far from where the tyres were swollen.

Feeling cheated, I wrote to the Bridgestone customer service on 27th March '15, to which I have not yet received any reply! But post this email, the same person - ** called me after 3 days to check about it. At first he denied that he had checked my car stating that he could not remember. I tried to help him recall that he had inspected my car at Reham tyres in Indirapuram, but to this he even stated that Resham tyres was not their authorized dealer and asked for some time to check his records. I called him the next day and surprisingly he recalled all details about the inspection and told me that he would send me the report in a day's time.

It has been about a month now since the tyres were inspected and I still don't have the report! When I check with **, he tells me all kind of stories stating that he had submitted to the head office long back, maybe there was some problem with my email server, etc! Considering all of the above, I am requesting any help that I can be provided to resolve this issue. Thank you.

Bridgestone Tires Company Profile