1.81/5
Based on 115 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

148 Bridgestone Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

Tire Blowout at 17k miles - I own a 2016 Lexus GX 460 that came with Bridgestone Dueler tires. While driving to work, my front passenger blew the side wall. It was like someone sliced it with a knife all the way around. We normally don't drive this 2 and half year old car but I decided to take it to work that day. The Dealer told me that the tire has no warranty and it will cost $400 to replace it. My other trucks run on Michelin tires and never had a problem. I am contacting Bridgestone to see what they can do. Will update.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Bought a new Toyota Camry with Bridgestone tires. Have 29000 miles and one of the tires blew out leaving only the sidewalls on the rim. Went to Toyota dealership and was told that the tires have no warranty on them unless we pay for the dealer’s warranty, What a rip off. Never buy a car with Bridgestone tires again.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Excellent performance on and off the road. Smooth riding and quick stopping features. Durable and tough in wet conditions. The pricing of the tires are expensive but, it is worth it.

Original review: June 24, 2018

The tries came on my 2015 Toyota Highlander and I have had problem with them holding air. The ride and handling is only ok. But I can't wait to get rid of them and get some better tires.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We have had no problems with the Bridgestone tires we purchased from Costco. The price seemed to be reasonable for our Honda Odyssey 2003. We purchased these tires in November of 2017.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bridgestone Tires?

Original review: June 22, 2018

Bridgestone Turanza on a Lexus ES 350. Noisy/worn out at 22000. ** factory tires... shame on Lexus. I've had much better tires from Tire Kingdom bargain bin.

Original review: June 17, 2018

These tires wore completely out at 32,000 miles. They had warranty of 55,000 and the dealer would not do anything for the low mileage I got. I rotated every 5K.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I got a puncture in one tire. I was told because it is a run flat tire it could not be repaired, so 2 tires and $800 later I got my car back. This is the only company that even makes that tire.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have had these tires on my car since at least 2013. I get good wear out of them, and bought them at Discount Tire, so they take good care of me.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I purchased TATA Tiago last year 2017 and after 24000 KM back tire got blast from sidewall. I lodged a complain to check my tire and Bridgestone engineer visited and saying "It's due to your fault tire got blast," I want to know what I did so tire got blast? I can see this is tire weakness issue hence tire blast from sidewall but Bridgestone engineer not accepting things and they are saying purchaser new tire, if Bridgestone tire will run only 24000KM then what is us, why they are playing with people life.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Purchased brand new Honda Accord Sport that came with Bridgestone tires on. The tires start couping really bad after 10000. Call Bridgestone. They blame Honda’s shocks, Called Honda. They blame the tires. Bridgestone acknowledge that they have problems with this tires on this model and offered 15% off to put on the same tires. Why would I use the same tires if they’re known to go bad? I have 20000 miles and I have to get new tires on my own expense.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Replaced 3 run flat tires after the sidewall blew out. Yes I hit a moderate pothole. Have hit potholes as aggressive as this with Pirelli Tires and no blowouts. This is two separate times. Once back right tire blew. Second time both front and back blew, car had to be towed both times. Run flats don’t work.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I bought 4 new tires from Discount Tire in Asheville NC - April 2016. Now, 12.1.17, the tires I purchased are just about worn down to the tread lines. ONLY 8,000 miles on them. My mechanic said that my Mercedes had no issue with alignment, so they were pretty much just junk tires. I called Bridgestone, they told me to go to another tire dealer (not Discount Tire where I bought them) and have them inspected. Overall - a waste of time and money ($400+). I will be sticking with Michelins from now on. They may cost a bit more upfront, but what value is it when "cheaper" tires only last 1/4 as long?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

On 11/10/16, I purchased 4 new Champion Fuel Fighter tires ($421.88) from Firestone store # 18813 in Athens, Oh. In September/October of 2017, I noticed that my 2014 Subaru Impreza was vibrating so bad at 60/70mph that it was nearly immobile. I contacted the dealership from where I had purchased the car, Hatfield Subaru, and made an appointment for 10/30/17.

The dealerships' service team informed me that I was nearly due for new tires and that 2 of the rims were bent. Since the purchase of the tires, my car had only been serviced at the Firestone store in Athens, Ohio. At the time of the tire purchase, I also purchased the tire alignment package ($179.99). Since purchasing the tires, at each service visit to Firestone (3/13/17 and 7/24/17) I requested an oil change, tire rotation and alignment. There should be no reason that my tires are needing replaced if the service technicians were correctly rotating and aligning the tires.

When I called Greg, the manager, to inform him of my plight, he argued that "his store sees 40 cars a day and that they know what they are doing?" Also, I've been in zero accidents and or ran over any curbs etc for the rims to be bent. Lastly, the service technician stripped the wheel stud when replacing the tires (case and point that they don't know what they are doing) and I had to return to the store on 12/14/17 and wait another 90min for them to fix that!

I contacted the Bridgestone claims department on 10/31/17 and my claim was assigned to Camille **. After providing the invoices and estimates for the repairs totaling $656.15, Camille offered to pay half ($328) indicating that was all the upper management would approve. Well, I paid for tires that, with proper maintenance, should last 70,000 miles. These tires, because they were not properly maintained due to the negligence of the service techs at Firestone in Athens, lasted approximately 25,000.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I have to let everyone know that Bridgestone tire aren't the best tires for motorcycle. I put on two set of 210/40 R18 M/C 73 H -G852 on My Raider Yamaha 2008 and I can't even get 5000 Mile on them. Is there a car tire or how can tell me the best tire to us... I can use. I will not put A Bridgestone back on my motorcycle.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I bought a used vehicle 2 years ago with brand new tires on them. (Vehicle was less than 3 years old). I have put less than 20K miles and ride is horrible. All 4 tires are cracking from the outer side. I have done full investigation on my vehicle and nothing seems to be wrong which can cause the issue. When I turn the vehicle above 10mph, the vehicle slides like, I am driving on ice. Horrible tires.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Bought a 17 Toyota Camry and the Bridgestone Turanza came standard. I've put approximately 10,000 miles on the vehicle. The performance of the tires are at best a 2. Basically you slip before you grip. These are the worst performing tires I've ever driven on. I've had multiple vehicles so I've had experience with different brands, types, etc. I would expect Bridgestone of one of top Competitive tire companies out there to be half way decent. I was wrong! Don't let it be you! Be aware of the slip before you grip tires! It's dangerous, disappointing, and disturbing knowing they have these tires on 2017 vehicles standard! Take them off the market before it take lives.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I purchased a 2015 Toyota Camry XSE new in September of 2015. The car came equipped with Bridgestone Turanza EL 400 02 tires. Until my 5k mile service I was not displeased with the tires, they were what I would expect from an OEM tire, decent in every aspect but exceptional at nothing. After 5k miles the problems started. I began to experience vibrations and road noise which became so severe that I thought I may have a mechanical problem. When I removed the tires in order to diagnose the problem, the saw tooth pattern of cupping and uneven wear were obvious. At my next scheduled maintenance the dealership ruled out misalignment and ensured me that the tires had been rotated properly at the time of each service. Since car manufacturers conveniently do not warranty OEM tires, I called the Bridgestone Customer Service/Warranty department in accordance with the pamphlet I received when I purchased the vehicle.

They assured me that improper wear was never covered under warranty and that I must have a mechanical problem because no tire defect could cause improper wear. So if you want an average tire that lasts for around 5k miles then this is the tire for you! If it is Bridgestone or nothing, I will have nothing. After my experience with this tire and their condescending customer service, I wouldn’t even hit a Bridgestone golf ball, so purchase at your own peril. If you are purchasing a new vehicle with Bridgestone tires on it, negotiate to have the tires of your choice put on the vehicle, if the dealership refuses, then drive the car to the nearest tire shop and have them replaced. I’m sure you could sell someone with 5k on their car your OEM tires…

Original review: July 23, 2017

I purchased the Bridgestone EP422 tires for my Toyota Prius in March of 2015. I purchased these Bridgestones over the compatible Michelin's for two reasons. First, the Bridgestone was supposed to get better gas mileage. Second, Bridgestone had a slightly better warranty @ 65,000 miles. I've now had the tires a little over two years and the gas mileage has been worse than my previous Michelin's. More over, my Bridgestones are worn with only 40,000 miles on them. I am extremely disappointed with these Bridgestone tires. I will go back to Michelin's and never buy Bridgestone again.

Original review: July 15, 2017

The Bridgestone tires for BMW650i is sorry tires, the rear tires wear inside. The rest of the tire has little wear at all, this is my second set. I bought the BMW in 2011, I had the all wheels balance speed balance at BMW. The specs are good on the car. I will talk with BMW to see what other brand of tires my car can wear. Got to get out of these Bridgestone run flat.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I bought a set of brand new run flat Bridgestone Tires less than one year ago and I have to buy new ones already. Never will I buy this brand again and I'll tell my family and friends not to either. After spending hundreds of pounds of these, I'm appalled they have lasted less than 14,000 miles.

Original review: June 19, 2017

Annie purchased a new 2015 Honda Accord Sport and always maintained service at a Honda dealerships between Macon GA, Warner Robins GA, and Brunswick GA. During these services they (Honda) alleged that the tires were checked and rotated. Annie started hearing a roaring noise so she took the Honda into Hughes Honda in Warner Robins. They (Honda Service) stated that there was cut or tear on the side of the Bridgestone Tires. They couldn't repair the tire because of the leak or tear was on the side on the tire called a cupping. The mileage is 18,000 miles. Honda refused to fix, replace or make an adjustment of the cost of the tires towards the purchase of a new tire. They also stated that Annie had two additional tires that were also cupping and causing the roaring noise problems.

Hughes Honda refused to provide any information or assistance with the defective tires and Honda requested ANNIE to purchase new Bridgestone tires for $194.25 each plus the additional fees. Annie has several family and friends that drives new Honda cars. It appears that Bridgestone is making dangerous defective tires and Honda continues to purchase Bridgestone tires for all of their Honda Vehicles. This very dangerous and a RECALL should be issued for all of the Bridgestone tires. Please call your congressman or congresswoman. Call your State Representatives to voice Your concerns about this dangerous product. All law enforcement agencies need to be made aware of these defective tires because of accidents cause by defective tires.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I bought Tata Zest 1 yr back, in which Bridgestone (B250) was the tyre oem. Within 3months tyre got punctured in 3 places that to the areas which are not contact with the ground (sides). I spent 400 there and after 3 days again same thing happened. After checking there was 6 punches were found, there I spent 700 rupees. Again after 1m, tyre got deflated checked and found that there was punctures and I spent 500 this time this is going on still. One of the worst tyres (tubeless) I ever come across. Please don't go for Bridgestone tyres at any cost. Contact me.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I bought new Bridgestone tire from 'Excellent Tires' Ramphal chowk, Dwarka about a year back. On April 4, 2017 the tire busted on a very busy road with fast moving vehicles. With a loud sound, the car got to stand still and I just escaped a fatal accident. I went to the shop in Dwarka from where I had bought the tire, and the shopkeeper did not pay any attention to my words and denied for replacement. I am trying daily to call Bridgestone but the call is getting nowhere. Non-customer friendly service and totally non-existent mechanism of customer redressal.

Original review: March 27, 2017

This is an expensive Bridgestone Run Flat Tire that was about a year old with little miles. Had to send in the tire to Bridgestone, but they refused to credit me or replace the tire. Had to purchased two new tires and you can believe they were not Bridgestone Tires. As you can see, this tire just fell apart for no reason. I hope this post will help those who are looking to purchase new run flat tires.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I purchased a 2015 Honda Sport new from a Honda Dealership and I have replaced the tires three times. There are no problems with the alignment of suspension but tires only last 15,000 miles. Honda has placed all new tires on the car and done the alignment/suspension checks. Tires are rotated every 3000 miles and according to Honda, the car has never been out of alignment/no suspension problems. Just horrible situation as I now own a vehicle that literally "cups" the tires almost immediately with such loud road noise. It is depressing to drive the car and new tires last only a few months. Dealership is telling me nothing they can do about it until Honda places a recall on this model.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Honda puts cheap Bridgestone tires. I purchased a 2014 accord sport rotated tires did all scheduled/main. I have 33k and the tires are cupping. The noise started around 12k. I will not buy another honda with these tires. It's like driving a monster truck the sound. Worst tires. Do not buy.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

The Bridgestone tires were included with a new vehicle purchase. On my SUV, they seem to have substantial road noise. I have had two instances whereby I picked up a nail causing two tires to lose air requiring a patch/plug.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

My truck came with Bridgestone tires on it, I got 55,000 out of them. Best I ever got out of a set of Michelin tires was 40,000 miles. I have never gotten in a jam that I haven't been able to get out of. They look good and ride extremely well. Plus they help me get 22.5 miles per gallon on the road which is not too bad for a 6,000 pounds pick up going 75 miles per hour. Would I recommend Bridgestone tires for pickup trucks, You bet I would. They have served me very well in the 8 years I have had my truck.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

The Bridgestones I have now are great. I had another set of Bridgestones bought at Firestone with a warranty and they were good until I picked up a nail. Firestone said that Bridgestone tire wasn't made anymore and substituted their Firestone version which was a nightmare for me and the next Brigdestone replacement was a Firestone replacement another nightmare. I do not do business with Firestone anymore.

Bridgestone Tires Company Information

www.bridgestonetire.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business