2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Bridgestone Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bridgestone Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bridgestone Tires?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

My brand new 2018 Lexus RX350 is equipped with Bridgestone Tires, model TX8A EC1. The car is 2 years old with about 14000 miles and the two rear types are down to zero thread and the two front ones are good for another few months (per tire store inspection). This is the first car I ever owned with tires that do not last the lease terms (3 yr, 36k miles). Talking to Bridgestone, my impression is that they do not stand behind their product, and don't care. You can bet my next lease car (11 months to go) will not have Bridgestone tires.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

When you buy a new car DO NOT let them put Bridgestone tires on it. One of the Bridgestone tires on my new Toyota Highlander came completely apart and I told them I wanted 4 Michelin tires put on it. Luckily I was not on a highway and was able to get to the side of the road. At this point the dealership will only replace the one. I am still trying to deal with the dealership, but will probably have to go to Toyota. Cannot trust the other 3 Bridgestone tires, and NEVER will! Wish there was a place to post pictures, you wouldn't believe it. The tires only had 3145 miles on them.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Scratched my wife's brand new wheels. Do go elsewhere. Sorry service. Would they scratch my 2019 better wheels if I brought it in? Not giving them the chance!!!! Go somewhere else. This place is no good and corporate sucks too-taking no respo.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Stay away from Bridgestone. I bought a new 2019 Honda CRV-EX in May 2019 With Bridgestone tires. One of the tires failed to pass mandatory state inspection with only 20,000 miles on the vehicle. The other three tires are showing excess wear. Tires were properly rotated per recommended Honda maintenance. Bridgestone warranty does not provide warranty coverage! I was stunned. $800 for four replacement tires (AWD vehicle). I am trying to get some help from Honda dealer but am not optimistic. Don’t purchase Bridgestone tires. Other reviews suggest they are of consistently poor quality. I will advise Honda (probably to no avail) that they should not install these tires on new vehicles.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I got a new car from Honda, got Bridgestone tires in it. Piece of rubber came out and honda service guy told not to drive it may blowout. I called Bridgestone warranty and was told since I have the original tires on the car when we purchased it brand new from Honda dealer.. they said it is not covered. Horrible customer service and not willing to back up their tires. Do not trust the tires Honda puts on their new vehicles.

Original review: July 28, 2020

We had a blowout on the freeway with a Bridgestone tire. Whole tire shredded with hanging rubber. I called Bridgestone warranty and was told since I have the original tires on the car when we purchased it brand new from Arrowhead Honda it is not covered. The tires I see are from Japan. Horrible customer service and not willing to back up their tires. Do not trust the tires Honda puts on their new vehicles.

Original review: May 30, 2020

Our 2019 Honda Cr-V came with Bridgestone Tires. Never will accept them again on a new vehicle that we purchase in the future. They are very hard and super noisy. The more we drive it, the noisier it gets. Ride is terrible.

Original review: March 30, 2020

The tires came on our 2018 Camry. At 8k miles A bearing sounded out and now at 30k you turn the audio up Toyota the poor quality cupping, & flat spots =new tires so anything but Bridgestones for us. We put over 200k on our cars each time and this is the first and last business we do with this company. One tire has a flat spot the other three have feathering that defies explanation and one has cupped spots on half of the tire.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Bought these Turanza EL 400-02 for my Lexus ES350. Let me tell you this, if I could return them - I would without hesitation. Not only won't the dealer take them back, Firestone won't either so save yourself the trouble of trying them out. The tires are started losing grip during braking, cornering and acceleration. They make so much noise, I have to turn up the radio to keep from hearing the road noise. Save your money, and your time.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I bought my GMC Denali new. At the onset, I didn't want Bridgestone tires, but the GMC dealer informed me that I could not swap them out for another brand. Around 9000 miles I began having balance issues (shaking). I went to a GMC dealer in Florida and was informed that one of my tires was definitely defective (10,250 miles), but GM would only pay for roughly 1/2 of the cost. I was assuming my problems were over, but they were not. The high speed vibration returned, and I returned to the GMC dealer in FL who again did a road force balance at my expense. At this point I returned home to Michigan with this yet unresolved issue, and went twice to a Chevrolet dealership in Grand Rapids. As a last resort I consulted with Discount Tire who are typically very adept at resolving balance issues, but they also were unable to fix it.

I filed a claim with GM, providing documentation for all my visits. After more than 10 weeks of hassle, and literally hours of phone conversations I was informed that GM refused to help me in any way. I had asked them to pay 1/2 the cost of a new set of tires, since my tires were 35% worn. If an individual such as myself pays almost $80,000 for a vehicle, one would think that some support would be forthcoming, especially since this was my 4th Suburban type vehicle that I purchased from GM over the years. If you are considering buying a GM vehicle, keep in mind that you may face insurmountable issues should you have a warranty issue. In my case, my long term relationship with GM is over. I could easily have parked my vehicle at a GM dealership under the guidelines of the lemon law, but that impacts the dealership, and not the source of the problem, which is GM. Dr. Paul ** Holland, MI

Bridgestone Tires Company Information