1.71/5
  • 1 star
Based on 102 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 22, 2017

135 Bridgestone Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

On 11/10/16, I purchased 4 new Champion Fuel Fighter tires ($421.88) from Firestone store # 18813 in Athens, Oh. In September/October of 2017, I noticed that my 2014 Subaru Impreza was vibrating so bad at 60/70mph that it was nearly immobile. I contacted the dealership from where I had purchased the car, Hatfield Subaru, and made an appointment for 10/30/17.

The dealerships' service team informed me that I was nearly due for new tires and that 2 of the rims were bent. Since the purchase of the tires, my car had only been serviced at the Firestone store in Athens, Ohio. At the time of the tire purchase, I also purchased the tire alignment package ($179.99). Since purchasing the tires, at each service visit to Firestone (3/13/17 and 7/24/17) I requested an oil change, tire rotation and alignment. There should be no reason that my tires are needing replaced if the service technicians were correctly rotating and aligning the tires.

When I called Greg, the manager, to inform him of my plight, he argued that "his store sees 40 cars a day and that they know what they are doing?" Also, I've been in zero accidents and or ran over any curbs etc for the rims to be bent. Lastly, the service technician stripped the wheel stud when replacing the tires (case and point that they don't know what they are doing) and I had to return to the store on 12/14/17 and wait another 90min for them to fix that!

I contacted the Bridgestone claims department on 10/31/17 and my claim was assigned to Camille **. After providing the invoices and estimates for the repairs totaling $656.15, Camille offered to pay half ($328) indicating that was all the upper management would approve. Well, I paid for tires that, with proper maintenance, should last 70,000 miles. These tires, because they were not properly maintained due to the negligence of the service techs at Firestone in Athens, lasted approximately 25,000.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I have to let everyone know that Bridgestone tire aren't the best tires for motorcycle. I put on two set of 210/40 R18 M/C 73 H -G852 on My Raider Yamaha 2008 and I can't even get 5000 Mile on them. Is there a car tire or how can tell me the best tire to us... I can use. I will not put A Bridgestone back on my motorcycle.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I bought a used vehicle 2 years ago with brand new tires on them. (Vehicle was less than 3 years old). I have put less than 20K miles and ride is horrible. All 4 tires are cracking from the outer side. I have done full investigation on my vehicle and nothing seems to be wrong which can cause the issue. When I turn the vehicle above 10mph, the vehicle slides like, I am driving on ice. Horrible tires.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Bought a 17 Toyota Camry and the Bridgestone Turanza came standard. I've put approximately 10,000 miles on the vehicle. The performance of the tires are at best a 2. Basically you slip before you grip. These are the worst performing tires I've ever driven on. I've had multiple vehicles so I've had experience with different brands, types, etc. I would expect Bridgestone of one of top Competitive tire companies out there to be half way decent. I was wrong! Don't let it be you! Be aware of the slip before you grip tires! It's dangerous, disappointing, and disturbing knowing they have these tires on 2017 vehicles standard! Take them off the market before it take lives.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I purchased a 2015 Toyota Camry XSE new in September of 2015. The car came equipped with Bridgestone Turanza EL 400 02 tires. Until my 5k mile service I was not displeased with the tires, they were what I would expect from an OEM tire, decent in every aspect but exceptional at nothing. After 5k miles the problems started. I began to experience vibrations and road noise which became so severe that I thought I may have a mechanical problem. When I removed the tires in order to diagnose the problem, the saw tooth pattern of cupping and uneven wear were obvious. At my next scheduled maintenance the dealership ruled out misalignment and ensured me that the tires had been rotated properly at the time of each service. Since car manufacturers conveniently do not warranty OEM tires, I called the Bridgestone Customer Service/Warranty department in accordance with the pamphlet I received when I purchased the vehicle.

They assured me that improper wear was never covered under warranty and that I must have a mechanical problem because no tire defect could cause improper wear. So if you want an average tire that lasts for around 5k miles then this is the tire for you! If it is Bridgestone or nothing, I will have nothing. After my experience with this tire and their condescending customer service, I wouldn’t even hit a Bridgestone golf ball, so purchase at your own peril. If you are purchasing a new vehicle with Bridgestone tires on it, negotiate to have the tires of your choice put on the vehicle, if the dealership refuses, then drive the car to the nearest tire shop and have them replaced. I’m sure you could sell someone with 5k on their car your OEM tires…

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bridgestone Tires?

Original review: July 23, 2017

I purchased the Bridgestone EP422 tires for my Toyota Prius in March of 2015. I purchased these Bridgestones over the compatible Michelin's for two reasons. First, the Bridgestone was supposed to get better gas mileage. Second, Bridgestone had a slightly better warranty @ 65,000 miles. I've now had the tires a little over two years and the gas mileage has been worse than my previous Michelin's. More over, my Bridgestones are worn with only 40,000 miles on them. I am extremely disappointed with these Bridgestone tires. I will go back to Michelin's and never buy Bridgestone again.

Original review: July 15, 2017

The Bridgestone tires for BMW650i is sorry tires, the rear tires wear inside. The rest of the tire has little wear at all, this is my second set. I bought the BMW in 2011, I had the all wheels balance speed balance at BMW. The specs are good on the car. I will talk with BMW to see what other brand of tires my car can wear. Got to get out of these Bridgestone run flat.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I bought a set of brand new run flat Bridgestone Tires less than one year ago and I have to buy new ones already. Never will I buy this brand again and I'll tell my family and friends not to either. After spending hundreds of pounds of these, I'm appalled they have lasted less than 14,000 miles.

Original review: June 19, 2017

Annie purchased a new 2015 Honda Accord Sport and always maintained service at a Honda dealerships between Macon GA, Warner Robins GA, and Brunswick GA. During these services they (Honda) alleged that the tires were checked and rotated. Annie started hearing a roaring noise so she took the Honda into Hughes Honda in Warner Robins. They (Honda Service) stated that there was cut or tear on the side of the Bridgestone Tires. They couldn't repair the tire because of the leak or tear was on the side on the tire called a cupping. The mileage is 18,000 miles. Honda refused to fix, replace or make an adjustment of the cost of the tires towards the purchase of a new tire. They also stated that Annie had two additional tires that were also cupping and causing the roaring noise problems.

Hughes Honda refused to provide any information or assistance with the defective tires and Honda requested ANNIE to purchase new Bridgestone tires for $194.25 each plus the additional fees. Annie has several family and friends that drives new Honda cars. It appears that Bridgestone is making dangerous defective tires and Honda continues to purchase Bridgestone tires for all of their Honda Vehicles. This very dangerous and a RECALL should be issued for all of the Bridgestone tires. Please call your congressman or congresswoman. Call your State Representatives to voice Your concerns about this dangerous product. All law enforcement agencies need to be made aware of these defective tires because of accidents cause by defective tires.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I bought Tata Zest 1 yr back, in which Bridgestone (B250) was the tyre oem. Within 3months tyre got punctured in 3 places that to the areas which are not contact with the ground (sides). I spent 400 there and after 3 days again same thing happened. After checking there was 6 punches were found, there I spent 700 rupees. Again after 1m, tyre got deflated checked and found that there was punctures and I spent 500 this time this is going on still. One of the worst tyres (tubeless) I ever come across. Please don't go for Bridgestone tyres at any cost. Contact me.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I bought new Bridgestone tire from 'Excellent Tires' Ramphal chowk, Dwarka about a year back. On April 4, 2017 the tire busted on a very busy road with fast moving vehicles. With a loud sound, the car got to stand still and I just escaped a fatal accident. I went to the shop in Dwarka from where I had bought the tire, and the shopkeeper did not pay any attention to my words and denied for replacement. I am trying daily to call Bridgestone but the call is getting nowhere. Non-customer friendly service and totally non-existent mechanism of customer redressal.

Original review: March 27, 2017

This is an expensive Bridgestone Run Flat Tire that was about a year old with little miles. Had to send in the tire to Bridgestone, but they refused to credit me or replace the tire. Had to purchased two new tires and you can believe they were not Bridgestone Tires. As you can see, this tire just fell apart for no reason. I hope this post will help those who are looking to purchase new run flat tires.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I purchased a 2015 Honda Sport new from a Honda Dealership and I have replaced the tires three times. There are no problems with the alignment of suspension but tires only last 15,000 miles. Honda has placed all new tires on the car and done the alignment/suspension checks. Tires are rotated every 3000 miles and according to Honda, the car has never been out of alignment/no suspension problems. Just horrible situation as I now own a vehicle that literally "cups" the tires almost immediately with such loud road noise. It is depressing to drive the car and new tires last only a few months. Dealership is telling me nothing they can do about it until Honda places a recall on this model.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Honda puts cheap Bridgestone tires. I purchased a 2014 accord sport rotated tires did all scheduled/main. I have 33k and the tires are cupping. The noise started around 12k. I will not buy another honda with these tires. It's like driving a monster truck the sound. Worst tires. Do not buy.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

The Bridgestone tires were included with a new vehicle purchase. On my SUV, they seem to have substantial road noise. I have had two instances whereby I picked up a nail causing two tires to lose air requiring a patch/plug.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

My truck came with Bridgestone tires on it, I got 55,000 out of them. Best I ever got out of a set of Michelin tires was 40,000 miles. I have never gotten in a jam that I haven't been able to get out of. They look good and ride extremely well. Plus they help me get 22.5 miles per gallon on the road which is not too bad for a 6,000 pounds pick up going 75 miles per hour. Would I recommend Bridgestone tires for pickup trucks, You bet I would. They have served me very well in the 8 years I have had my truck.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

The Bridgestones I have now are great. I had another set of Bridgestones bought at Firestone with a warranty and they were good until I picked up a nail. Firestone said that Bridgestone tire wasn't made anymore and substituted their Firestone version which was a nightmare for me and the next Brigdestone replacement was a Firestone replacement another nightmare. I do not do business with Firestone anymore.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I've got run flat Bridgestone Dueler 400 tires on my Toyota Rav4 and the original set lasted for 55,000 miles with just one flat and 4 years of service. The singular downside is that they tend to be a bit noisy and don't provide a perfectly smooth ride.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

My tires not only give me a great ride but they are durable, which is why I purchased them. I get 70k miles from these without a problem. I've had different tires in the past but nothing like Bridgestone duravis 700 265/70/17.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

We are using the winter tires, Blizzak. They are approx 20,000 miles in mileage and are very good. My wife has to drive in snowy conditions and they have better traction than any I have found. I was born in Alaska and now live in Colorado, and we are more confident while driving with these tires. We have heavy snows as well as warm wet snows that ice up the highways. They work well on both. We test our tires three ways, on a snowy day we stop on hill greater than 12% grade and restart climbing the hill, 2nd we try stopping on icy roads and thirdly starting out at slick intersections. They aren't as good as studded tires but are the next best and most States don't allow studded tires anymore.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I live in Colorado. All Terrain tires work great in snow and every other condition. I have the Dueler a/t and I would not get any other tire. I tried "LE2" tires. They are not made for Colorado conditions. They are strictly a rainy day tire, not good in a light snow. It does not fit the bill.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Researched several tires and reviews. Bridgestone tires are good overall seasonal tire, has an aggressive tread, smooth, provides good, quiet traction and control in all weather and road conditions. The vehicle is a 4 X 4 light truck so off road traction was also important. When I looked at the tread and quiet ride rating, it was time to upgrade to Bridgestone. I also had a set of Bridgestone tires on a previous vehicle that performed very well.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Known brand with excellent motor sport history. Had the tires for 45000km. They’re 18 inch diameter, 245mm wide, round, black, rubber, silicon construction, tyre shaped tyres, with tyre like attributes. Usually wrapped around my alloy wheels, and filled with fresh purified air. Great levels of grip on dry and wet. Quiet and look good. Bridgestone Sporty Style written on the sidewalls.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

The vehicle came equipped with Bridgestone tires. These are oversize tires. Front tires narrower than the rear tires. It hugs the road well at high speed around sharp curves.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Tires have tread pattern and quality of materials make them a good fit for my use of the vehicle. For the 15k mileage I’ve had the tires, there's very little wear on them. I have used Firestone tires for years and they provide me with great mileage.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Great reviews & great price. This is the best tire for the buck. They are long-wearing, and provide excellent traction in all kinds of weather, including in snow and rain, with no hydroplaning in rain also. These tires also come with the best manufacturer's warranty I've ever seen.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

This set of tires I have right now, I'm not really happy with. They have worn out unevenly and I've had one blow out on the side, not where the tread is. Because of that the front end drifts to the right at 50 mph. The tires should have been on a recall list. They are dangerous because they wear out on the side causing blowouts. It usually happens at high speed.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I've never used winter tires before. The winters in Utah aren't that bad so I've always used good all season tires such as Continental Extreme DWS and Michelin Premier. However, I decided to drive for Uber and Lyft this winter to earn some extra Christmas money and often found myself driving passengers up to Park City. Park City is about 3000 miles higher in elevation than the Salt Lake valley and as such, as much colder temperatures as well as a lot more snow.

With using new, high tier all season tires, I still found myself sliding and losing traction quite a bit, which is somewhat expected with a all season tire. However, I opted to install some Blizzaks on my car (front wheel drive, Acura TL) and the difference was absolutely amazing. I don't know how they do it. I'm not driving on the road. It's either packed snow on the road, so matted down that it essentially looks like a "white" road, or a combination of "wet" ice that has been melted with salt or brine but re-froze due to extra low temperatures. I'm able to go up steep inclines with roads coated in ice, can corner as if the road was dry, and much to my dismay, I'm not able to "drift" into a turn by pulling the e-brake because the back tires bite the snow and ice so hard that I literally cannot break the rear end of the car free. :)

Over the snowy weekend, the majority of rideshare drivers were off the roads due to nasty winter road conditions but I trucked through it like it was dry ground. I'm definitely converted to these tires and will certainly use them for winter from now on. The downside to these tires is they have an average life of 12,000 - 15,000 miles due to the silica and soft rubber compound. As such, it's wise to only put them on once the bad snow starts, and take them off as soon as the average temperature maintains about 50 degrees. In Utah that's about mid-November to March. Also, they're quite expensive. I paid $114 per tire for size 17".

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

Had these winter tires on for 2 winters so maybe 14-15000 miles. Put them on again this season and the car was all over the place. Spun out today. Rainy day but the Blizzaks should have been able to handle that. Hit retaining wall. Not hurt but quite shaken. Tire pressure was to specs... The wet road just made the tail wag like a happy puppy, not safe for driving. I feel I'm a good driver but these tires are dangerous!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

Picked up the new Audi Q5 on Saturday evening with OEM Bridgestone tires. Had a rear tire blowout on Friday - 7 days after buying the car. Traveling on the expressway at highway speed and the rear tire exploded. Only the sidewall bead remained on the rim. The rubber dented the lower rear quarter panel. This is my second bad experience with Bridgestone. First was with my Lexus RX450H - the OEM Bridgestones only lasted 15,000miles. I have since had 2 sets of Michelins and each set lasted over 50K.

Bridgestone Tires Company Information