Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.50/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Bridgestone Tires Reviews

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I bought my GMC Denali new. At the onset, I didn't want Bridgestone tires, but the GMC dealer informed me that I could not swap them out for another brand. Around 9000 miles I began having balance issues (shaking). I went to a GMC dealer in Florida and was informed that one of my tires was definitely defective (10,250 miles), but GM would only pay for roughly 1/2 of the cost. I was assuming my problems were over, but they were not. The high speed vibration returned, and I returned to the GMC dealer in FL who again did a road force balance at my expense. At this point I returned home to Michigan with this yet unresolved issue, and went twice to a Chevrolet dealership in Grand Rapids. As a last resort I consulted with Discount Tire who are typically very adept at resolving balance issues, but they also were unable to fix it.

I filed a claim with GM, providing documentation for all my visits. After more than 10 weeks of hassle, and literally hours of phone conversations I was informed that GM refused to help me in any way. I had asked them to pay 1/2 the cost of a new set of tires, since my tires were 35% worn. If an individual such as myself pays almost $80,000 for a vehicle, one would think that some support would be forthcoming, especially since this was my 4th Suburban type vehicle that I purchased from GM over the years. If you are considering buying a GM vehicle, keep in mind that you may face insurmountable issues should you have a warranty issue. In my case, my long term relationship with GM is over. I could easily have parked my vehicle at a GM dealership under the guidelines of the lemon law, but that impacts the dealership, and not the source of the problem, which is GM. Dr. Paul ** Holland, MI

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I have 20k miles on my 2018 Camry and they need to be replaced! What a joke! I do mostly highway miles. Toyota made a huge mistake going with Bridgestone tires and because of this I will never purchase a Toyota again! This was my first time with Toyota and I regret it! Bridgestone should be ashamed to put out such a crap product! And Toyota should be ashamed putting junk on their cars! I would NEVER use Bridgestone for anything!

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I leased a new 2019 Mazda 3 Preferred with 18” rims. I have had two blowouts from potholes with the Turanza EL440 tires. Other cars hit the potholes without blowing out the sidewalls. Very weak tires.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I leased a Nissan Leaf that comes with these tires. The tires are completely bald just after driving for 20K miles. The roads in my area are excellent. I can't believe a popular brand like Bridgestone makes such a poor quality tires. Now I know which tire brand to avoid in my next purchase.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I purchased a brand new Dodge Durango in May 2017. It had 50 miles on it and that's because they drove it to my house from the dealership. The truck came with Bridgestone tires. About 2 weeks ago I took the truck to my local Firestone for a oil change and was told I need new tires and soon. I was shocked since I have only had the truck a short time. I called Bridgestone and the warranty rep informed me the tires were made specifically for my truck to save gas. Not so much for treading and that is why they have no warranty. I was shocked because I only have about 24k miles on my truck. He then said that he wanted me to have a positive experience with the company and that if I take my truck back to Firestone, have them measure the tread Bridgestone would offer me at least a discount or just take care of all 4 new tires for my truck. So I did what he asked.

The Firestone employee called Bridgestone while I stood right next to him. They spoke and the the employee said to me (while Bridgestone was still on the phone) Bridgestone could only replace 2 tires because they were 4's and the other 2 tires were 5's. He said I could get 2 now and the other 2 later or wait to get them all done at the same time. I then asked if they take care of two now will Bridgestone still take care of the other 2 later. The employee asked Bridgestone and then told me, "Yes. Either way Bridgestone will take care of replacing all your tires." I asked do I need it in writing? I was told no because it's all on the reference#.

After the Firestone employee hung up with Bridgestone I asked his professional opinion about if I should wait or get two now. He said it's better to wait but either way Bridgestone said they would take care of everything so it's up to me. I decided to wait. I was so happy with the customer service from Bridgestone I raved to my friends how customer service really was great and that I would always be a customer. Then I called Bridgestone back the next week to make sure everything was noted properly on the reference number because I was going to go have my tires rechecked. Having not so great tires worries me. I have 2 small kids. Well to my shock all the information had change. I learned that I would have to pay for labor. In was shocked since that was never disclosed to me before. Then I was told Bridgestone would only prorate my tires! That is totally different than what I had been told the week before.

I have tried talking with the warranty department with no resolve. It's kinda like oh well! I was told the calls would be reviewed but no one has called me back and it's been 48 hours. I'm so devastated that I am being treated this way. I trusted Bridgestone/Firestone and it was all in vain. The company is now lying about facts and offering a discount that is in no way close to what I was offered at 1st! I asked to get the original offer in writing and was told no need! Never trust this company or their word!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bridgestone Tires?

Original review: June 11, 2019

2018 EQUINOX, purchased 06/2017. After 30,000 miles of mostly easy highway travel. The manufacture tires were down to the wear bars. These tires are rated as 70,000 mile tires. The dealership cost to us at this point was 479.00 dollars. When contacting several companies (Bridgestone, Discount Tire, dealerships). We were told basically tough luck. Our cost for OEM replacement was 80% of total tire cost. So now we have paid $479 for same tires to wear at same rate. Which will need to be replaced again in 30,000 miles. Anyone interested in class action? Please reply.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Warning: To all those who have special ordered or purchased their Jeep with the "Sport Package 24C" option on the 2016, 2017 & 2018 JK Wranglers. We special ordered the 2017 Jeep wrangler unlimited April which came with stylized 16 wheels and these tires. I've always complain about this tires since day one. They are very bouncy and hard to maintain the correct PSI. After about 15K miles the tires sidewalls started flexing really bad (side to side). One morning watched the wife drive off to work and noticed when she hit a dip/bump in the road. The rear tires moved from side to side very pronounced, so much so I was in fear that the tires would blow out or pop off the rims.

I've since contacted Bridgestone and informed them of these issues. In return, Bridgestone spokesperson tells me that our tires are still warranted. They would need to inspect these tires at a local retailer and could end up having them replaced by Bridgestone. I could care less about these tires & don't want this current set replaced with another set of Bridgestone Dueler tires. Because of this we're going to be mounting a new set of tires on our Reproduction Hardrock wheels very soon (like within the next few weeks). I've since contacted Bridgestone about via Twitter and other formats, but they aren't willing to offer support claiming I need to have these tires inspected. I told them that I need to know what Bridgestone is willing to do or offer IF these tires are found in error.

Again Bridgestone spokesperson doesn't answer. We've drive on these tires for almost 2 years and they continue to get worse. Bouncy, over flexing sidewalls and hard to maintain a constant PSI. If you've ordered or purchased these tires for your Jeep, Be prepared to experience the same issues we have had over these last 2 years. Side to side movement, hard to maintain the correct psi, bounciness and all over the road. Best replace these tires with something else and as soon as possible.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I purchased a new Honda CRV 2017 in October 2018. Always got tires rotated and inspected. Just last week one of my tires shredded apart and looks to be dry rotted. Had vehicle towed to dealer and they could not tell me cause of tire problem. Although one serviceman at dealer stated tire looked dry rotted. Another tire specialist stated same thing and that the tire was a bad tire. Going to Bridgestone to see what the have to say. I had to purchase a new tire from dealer.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I purchased a new Lexus RX 450h in August 2016. It came equipped with Bridgestone Ecopia tires that are wear-rated for 65,000 miles. Although these tires have been meticulously maintained, they are quickly approaching replacement status at only 12,000 miles. They clearly will require replacement in 3,000 miles or less, and will definitely NOT be replaced with another set of Bridgestones!

Original review: March 26, 2019

We purchased our 2017 CRV less than two years ago. In that amount of time we put just over 30k on it. Average driving. But the car has failed its very first inspection because the Bridgestone times were near bald. Bridgestone claims "Tires used in commercial service and original equipment tires on new vehicles have no mileage warranty." Are you kidding me? We're so annoyed and Honda can't do anything for us even though the bumper to bumper warranty is still in effect.

Bridgestone Tires Company Information