Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.96/5

Walgreens Photo Reviews

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I love the service there. Very kind, fast and they give you pictures as if you took them on your phone. I would totally tell my family, friends, who ever is looking for a photo place to go here. Keep up the good work please. Love Brie.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Awful experience. I ordered my save the dates and they only shipped the envelopes to the store and not the actual invites. I called more than 5 times and got the run around. I was lied to many times. They said their supervisors would call me. They said they would rush the order. Guess what, two weeks go by and still nothing from their “escalation team.” I ended up reordering in a chance they could ship faster to me since I paid for rush shipping. They estimated my date of delivery and they are still processing the order on the day it is supposed to arrive. This is a nightmare!!!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I order an online print. I received the email saying the order is ready for the pickup. I went to Walgreen to pickup. I was told that there is a lab error and reorder the print. My concern why I received a confirmatory email regarding "My order is ready" when there was a lab error? I am afraid that they sold my photo to someone or being used by someone. No proper/satisfactory response from customer care yet.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I send a photo to be printed from my iPhone to my local Walgreens using the Walgreens Photo app on my iPhone. The printing may be OK, but the transmission from the app compressed the photo so much that the result was garbage. Same photo file sent to Fred Meyer was fine. In the picture, Fred Meyer is on the left, Walgreens on the right — both from the same image file. Walgreens may do a decent job is you take your photos to the store on a memory stick — I don't know.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Was disappointed. All around the basic (not premium) card stock edge were micro perforations, instead of a smooth cut edge. When I removed a card from the box and set it on the table, it bowed up, despite it being cool and dry in the house. The ink colors of my photos, especially the blues and reds, and any dark color was way too dark. Overall, the cards look cheap. Would not buy again. Service was not “same day,” but we ordered in late afternoon, and before placing the order, it gave us a more accurate time, that they would be ready early the next morning. What was good was the lettering came out well, our design all made it onto the card (nothing was chopped off) and the holiday design template was pretty, as expected.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Photo?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

My wife ordered our Christmas cards through the Walgreen's Photo website. Online proof looked good. That said, when she picked up the cards, the final output quality is embarrassingly bad. The colors of the photos are both dull and distorted, despite the originals being of excellent quality. The face of the cards have lines in them that look like low print quality from a cheap consumer printer, yet the unprocessed back of the card printed cleanly. This tells me whatever back end software Walgreens uses to process the templates is configured with too low of a DPI to produce an acceptable quality output. I absolutely won't be using them again the future, and highly recommend others steer clear as well.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I was pretty disappointed in the Christmas Cards we ordered through Walgreen's photo last year because they were so dark our faces were barely visible (which was not the case in the actual photos, or the review of the card on our computer screen). I was told to avoid dark background cards and the photo colors would come out brighter. So this year I ordered a card with a white background only to have the photo come out with our faces deep fire-engine red. Totally unlike the actual photo on the order review on my computer screen. Whoever they have printing the photos is inept. It takes hours to sift through photos and card templates and to do that only to pay for cards that are garbage is just sad.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I went to take 2 photos for the passport and the lady said she could not take it because I was wearing a white and black color coat. My husband loaned his coat, the two photos were taken and I well believe: totally different, I showed the photo to some people and was very angry, the worst was to have paid 17 dollars for two horrible photos. Very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I spent an afternoon selecting photos. A week later I'm still calling with customer service. For some reason they can't get their act together and submit the order to the store. The latest is that order is canceled and, please, can I re-order. Shameful performance. Same day? Not so. Given that price and quality of paper are less good compared to some other services according to reviews (e.g., PC magazine).

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I recently ordered 2 photo books from Walgreens. The books were supposed to be ready the same day, but it actually took 3. I checked the books before paying (thank goodness) and recognized a huge problem. The covers of the books are glued on manually by a careless employee that switched the covers. My beautiful Puerto Rico photobook had the cover of a New Orleans Mardi Gras. There was no way I could accept the books like that, but the employee that helping assured me that they could reprint and fix the problem. That was actually not the case. Their system doesn't let them print twice. So, I called customer service to let them place the order for and get the books fixed.

Customer service said there was nothing they could do. She then told me that she would escalate my case and see if a supervisor would help. No luck there. The supervisor told me that my (incorrect) order was ready and I should go pick it up. I pushed further, explaining that an employee glued the wrong covers and was told to contact consumer relations. I thought customer service was consumer relations? Anyway, consumer relations did not make any attempt to even talk to me. I am truly shocked that a simple problem like gluing the correct cover to the correct book is such a difficult thing to do. I'm never received such poor service. I will never use Walgreens Photo Service again. For my next trip, I'll use the company I have been very happy with in the past - Shutterfly.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Walgreens Photo expert review by Jonathan Trout

Walgreens online photo center lets you create an account so you can upload your photos and save ongoing projects. Create products like books, cards, calendars, posters and multiple types of prints. Additionally, you can get your passport photo taken in the correct, legal size at any in-store Walgreens photo center.

• Photo prints: Walgreens offers many types of print options for your photos. Choose from regular prints with multiple sizes, posters, collage prints, wallet prints, banners, wood panel prints and designer prints that have special text or borders. Have prints shipped to you or pick them up at the nearest Walgreens location.

• Photo books: Create high-quality photo books in several sizes. Walgreens gives you options like customizing the cover of your book or using a premium photo book design that features lay-flat pages so each picture will be displayed in its entirety without a crease where the spine of the book is. Photo books range from $19.99-$59.99.

• Canvas and decor: You have multiple options if you’re using personal photographs to decorate your home. Walgreens offers canvas prints, metal panels and wood panels. You can also make home accent pieces like magnets and metal easel photos that stand alone, or use your photos on blankets, pillows, placemats and cutting boards.

• Weekly deals: Walgreens offers weekly deals on things like prints, posters, enlargements, photo gifts, cards, decor and photo books. Each deal comes with an expiration date and a coupon code redeemable at checkout.

• Additional services: Additional services: Walgreens’ additional services include taking and printing the correct size photo for your passport, processing film from old or disposable cameras and transferring home movies from film or VHS to DVDs. Passport photos are $13.99 each, film processing starts at $13.99 and home movie creation transfer at $29.99.

• Best for: consumers who want to pick their photos and projects up on the same day they order them.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team