Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.79/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Walgreens Photo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Photo?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Photo?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I did an online purchase for three photo puzzles. Was told would be ready next day at 8:55am. They were not. Got an email at 2:14pm they were ready. Purchased online for curbside pickup at 5:31pm. Was told would get an email in 30 minutes for pickup. I did not and called twice. Both times they could not hear anything and hung up. Went to and in store. Showed Lee the manager my receipt. She said there was a glitch. They haven’t seen the payment. She could not give me my order which was there sitting on the counter. I even showed her my receipt of payment. Being frustrated I walked off. She yelled across the floor “have a nice evening”. I turned and asked “Are you saying It won’t be ready tonight?“ She yelled “not unless you pay for it”. With others watching the exchange I replied “I already did”. Over three hours and I’m still waiting on that email to go get my curbside.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I do not know where else to turn. I ordered over $1,000 of photo books in the last month. (Big mistake, way too expensive.) The ladies that answer the phone on the help line are usually wonderful. I cannot get customer service, to whom they have escalated the concern, to reply to me. I call, write emails...say they will contact me and never do. If I pay $77 for a PHOTO BOOK and the binding is breaking and pages stuck together, I want a new one or a refund. I have been dealing with them for over a month. I would not recommend as they are way too expensive, no tools for putting text corrections in, no cut and paste, no spell or grammar check. IF you want a 10 page book of pictures, fine, but don't use them for anything bigger.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2020

On May 31, 2020, I placed an order for 9 photo books. Expected delivery was June 10th. The order tracking details indicates my order was delivered to the store on Sudley Manor Dr. on June 15th. The notification states: Please wait for "Ready for Pickup email" before you go to the store to pickup your items. I called Customer Service on June 23th to find out the status of the order. The CSR spoke to someone at the store on Sudley Manor Dr. was told by the employee that they did not handle photos. The manager in charge of photos would be back on Thursday, June 25th at 7:00 AM. They did not see any orders on the carts.

To date, I have not received any notification that the order is ready for pickup. I also sent a formal letter of complaint and refund request to the Customer Relations department in Deerfield, IL on June 24th. I have yet to receive a response. I also tried online chat to find out the status of my photo albums on July 5th and has not received a reply.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I love the service there. Very kind, fast and they give you pictures as if you took them on your phone. I would totally tell my family, friends, who ever is looking for a photo place to go here. Keep up the good work please. Love Brie.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Awful experience. I ordered my save the dates and they only shipped the envelopes to the store and not the actual invites. I called more than 5 times and got the run around. I was lied to many times. They said their supervisors would call me. They said they would rush the order. Guess what, two weeks go by and still nothing from their “escalation team.” I ended up reordering in a chance they could ship faster to me since I paid for rush shipping. They estimated my date of delivery and they are still processing the order on the day it is supposed to arrive. This is a nightmare!!!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I order an online print. I received the email saying the order is ready for the pickup. I went to Walgreen to pickup. I was told that there is a lab error and reorder the print. My concern why I received a confirmatory email regarding "My order is ready" when there was a lab error? I am afraid that they sold my photo to someone or being used by someone. No proper/satisfactory response from customer care yet.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I send a photo to be printed from my iPhone to my local Walgreens using the Walgreens Photo app on my iPhone. The printing may be OK, but the transmission from the app compressed the photo so much that the result was garbage. Same photo file sent to Fred Meyer was fine. In the picture, Fred Meyer is on the left, Walgreens on the right — both from the same image file. Walgreens may do a decent job is you take your photos to the store on a memory stick — I don't know.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Was disappointed. All around the basic (not premium) card stock edge were micro perforations, instead of a smooth cut edge. When I removed a card from the box and set it on the table, it bowed up, despite it being cool and dry in the house. The ink colors of my photos, especially the blues and reds, and any dark color was way too dark. Overall, the cards look cheap. Would not buy again. Service was not “same day,” but we ordered in late afternoon, and before placing the order, it gave us a more accurate time, that they would be ready early the next morning. What was good was the lettering came out well, our design all made it onto the card (nothing was chopped off) and the holiday design template was pretty, as expected.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

My wife ordered our Christmas cards through the Walgreen's Photo website. Online proof looked good. That said, when she picked up the cards, the final output quality is embarrassingly bad. The colors of the photos are both dull and distorted, despite the originals being of excellent quality. The face of the cards have lines in them that look like low print quality from a cheap consumer printer, yet the unprocessed back of the card printed cleanly. This tells me whatever back end software Walgreens uses to process the templates is configured with too low of a DPI to produce an acceptable quality output. I absolutely won't be using them again the future, and highly recommend others steer clear as well.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I was pretty disappointed in the Christmas Cards we ordered through Walgreen's photo last year because they were so dark our faces were barely visible (which was not the case in the actual photos, or the review of the card on our computer screen). I was told to avoid dark background cards and the photo colors would come out brighter. So this year I ordered a card with a white background only to have the photo come out with our faces deep fire-engine red. Totally unlike the actual photo on the order review on my computer screen. Whoever they have printing the photos is inept. It takes hours to sift through photos and card templates and to do that only to pay for cards that are garbage is just sad.

Walgreens Photo author review by Jonathan Trout

Walgreens online photo center lets you create an account so you can upload your photos and save ongoing projects. Create products like books, cards, calendars, posters and multiple types of prints. Additionally, you can get your passport photo taken in the correct, legal size at any in-store Walgreens photo center.

• Photo prints: Walgreens offers many types of print options for your photos. Choose from regular prints with multiple sizes, posters, collage prints, wallet prints, banners, wood panel prints and designer prints that have special text or borders. Have prints shipped to you or pick them up at the nearest Walgreens location.

• Photo books: Create high-quality photo books in several sizes. Walgreens gives you options like customizing the cover of your book or using a premium photo book design that features lay-flat pages so each picture will be displayed in its entirety without a crease where the spine of the book is. Photo books range from $19.99-$59.99.

• Canvas and decor: You have multiple options if you’re using personal photographs to decorate your home. Walgreens offers canvas prints, metal panels and wood panels. You can also make home accent pieces like magnets and metal easel photos that stand alone, or use your photos on blankets, pillows, placemats and cutting boards.

• Weekly deals: Walgreens offers weekly deals on things like prints, posters, enlargements, photo gifts, cards, decor and photo books. Each deal comes with an expiration date and a coupon code redeemable at checkout.

• Additional services: Additional services: Walgreens’ additional services include taking and printing the correct size photo for your passport, processing film from old or disposable cameras and transferring home movies from film or VHS to DVDs. Passport photos are $13.99 each, film processing starts at $13.99 and home movie creation transfer at $29.99.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team