4.0/5 (258 ratings)

About Walgreens Photo

Walgreens Photo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Photo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Photo?

Original review: July 5, 2020

On May 31, 2020, I placed an order for 9 photo books. Expected delivery was June 10th. The order tracking details indicates my order was delivered to the store on Sudley Manor Dr. on June 15th. The notification states: Please wait for "Ready for Pickup email" before you go to the store to pickup your items. I called Customer Service on June 23th to find out the status of the order. The CSR spoke to someone at the store on Sudley Manor Dr. was told by the employee that they did not handle photos. The manager in charge of photos would be back on Thursday, June 25th at 7:00 AM. They did not see any orders on the carts.

To date, I have not received any notification that the order is ready for pickup. I also sent a formal letter of complaint and refund request to the Customer Relations department in Deerfield, IL on June 24th. I have yet to receive a response. I also tried online chat to find out the status of my photo albums on July 5th and has not received a reply.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I love the service there. Very kind, fast and they give you pictures as if you took them on your phone. I would totally tell my family, friends, who ever is looking for a photo place to go here. Keep up the good work please. Love Brie.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Awful experience. I ordered my save the dates and they only shipped the envelopes to the store and not the actual invites. I called more than 5 times and got the run around. I was lied to many times. They said their supervisors would call me. They said they would rush the order. Guess what, two weeks go by and still nothing from their “escalation team.” I ended up reordering in a chance they could ship faster to me since I paid for rush shipping. They estimated my date of delivery and they are still processing the order on the day it is supposed to arrive. This is a nightmare!!!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I order an online print. I received the email saying the order is ready for the pickup. I went to Walgreen to pickup. I was told that there is a lab error and reorder the print. My concern why I received a confirmatory email regarding "My order is ready" when there was a lab error? I am afraid that they sold my photo to someone or being used by someone. No proper/satisfactory response from customer care yet.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I send a photo to be printed from my iPhone to my local Walgreens using the Walgreens Photo app on my iPhone. The printing may be OK, but the transmission from the app compressed the photo so much that the result was garbage. Same photo file sent to Fred Meyer was fine. In the picture, Fred Meyer is on the left, Walgreens on the right — both from the same image file. Walgreens may do a decent job is you take your photos to the store on a memory stick — I don't know.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Was disappointed. All around the basic (not premium) card stock edge were micro perforations, instead of a smooth cut edge. When I removed a card from the box and set it on the table, it bowed up, despite it being cool and dry in the house. The ink colors of my photos, especially the blues and reds, and any dark color was way too dark. Overall, the cards look cheap. Would not buy again. Service was not “same day,” but we ordered in late afternoon, and before placing the order, it gave us a more accurate time, that they would be ready early the next morning. What was good was the lettering came out well, our design all made it onto the card (nothing was chopped off) and the holiday design template was pretty, as expected.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

My wife ordered our Christmas cards through the Walgreen's Photo website. Online proof looked good. That said, when she picked up the cards, the final output quality is embarrassingly bad. The colors of the photos are both dull and distorted, despite the originals being of excellent quality. The face of the cards have lines in them that look like low print quality from a cheap consumer printer, yet the unprocessed back of the card printed cleanly. This tells me whatever back end software Walgreens uses to process the templates is configured with too low of a DPI to produce an acceptable quality output. I absolutely won't be using them again the future, and highly recommend others steer clear as well.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I was pretty disappointed in the Christmas Cards we ordered through Walgreen's photo last year because they were so dark our faces were barely visible (which was not the case in the actual photos, or the review of the card on our computer screen). I was told to avoid dark background cards and the photo colors would come out brighter. So this year I ordered a card with a white background only to have the photo come out with our faces deep fire-engine red. Totally unlike the actual photo on the order review on my computer screen. Whoever they have printing the photos is inept. It takes hours to sift through photos and card templates and to do that only to pay for cards that are garbage is just sad.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I went to take 2 photos for the passport and the lady said she could not take it because I was wearing a white and black color coat. My husband loaned his coat, the two photos were taken and I well believe: totally different, I showed the photo to some people and was very angry, the worst was to have paid 17 dollars for two horrible photos. Very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I spent an afternoon selecting photos. A week later I'm still calling with customer service. For some reason they can't get their act together and submit the order to the store. The latest is that order is canceled and, please, can I re-order. Shameful performance. Same day? Not so. Given that price and quality of paper are less good compared to some other services according to reviews (e.g., PC magazine).

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I recently ordered 2 photo books from Walgreens. The books were supposed to be ready the same day, but it actually took 3. I checked the books before paying (thank goodness) and recognized a huge problem. The covers of the books are glued on manually by a careless employee that switched the covers. My beautiful Puerto Rico photobook had the cover of a New Orleans Mardi Gras. There was no way I could accept the books like that, but the employee that helping assured me that they could reprint and fix the problem. That was actually not the case. Their system doesn't let them print twice. So, I called customer service to let them place the order for and get the books fixed.

Customer service said there was nothing they could do. She then told me that she would escalate my case and see if a supervisor would help. No luck there. The supervisor told me that my (incorrect) order was ready and I should go pick it up. I pushed further, explaining that an employee glued the wrong covers and was told to contact consumer relations. I thought customer service was consumer relations? Anyway, consumer relations did not make any attempt to even talk to me. I am truly shocked that a simple problem like gluing the correct cover to the correct book is such a difficult thing to do. I'm never received such poor service. I will never use Walgreens Photo Service again. For my next trip, I'll use the company I have been very happy with in the past - Shutterfly.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

While I like the convenience of Walgreens I have to give their photo processing very low marks. Digital phone photos, that display accurately and brilliantly on a computer, are returned with all of the edges cropped and colors highly distorted. I have addressed this and was told that's the best they can do with the equipment available. If that's the case, don't offer a poor quality service!

Original review: April 19, 2018

They are fast and easy to order from home and then pick up quickly from the store. It's great too that you can crop from home and pick up with them as well. I like the enlargement for the prints and the crop service for printing regular sized prints and I definitely love the variety of products that you can order with the pictures or prints on them. But I wish they could improve how you order multiple reprints so that you can put more prints in a faster and clearer manner, and offer more composition type print as well.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Top quality and great customer service. Great work ethics and they treat everybody equally in quality manner. The website I have used for printing my graduation photo was reliable and everything on the site are visible. It's Awesome and it looks great but speed waiting time should be faster than how they works now because if it takes time more than it deserves it might cause customers run away from the business and from the company.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I really love how they were there for me. I liked that the service only took a few minutes and I loved how friendly the people were. Walgreens had a variety of options to choose from when it comes to pictures. I really liked the quality of the pictures. Most of them I see as kind of blurry. But with Walgreens it is cheap and affordable. You also have to pay for each individual print. But I don't like the amount of prints that they offer per photo. Most photo companies have it where the prints have you order so many. Walmart is good prime example of this.

Original review: April 16, 2018

It was really easy to use and very intuitive program for ordering online. The photos were finished and ready to pick up quickly. The price was very reasonable as well. They did a great job for the type of service it is. The project did not require taking the photos to a professional developer for framing. I wanted to show a variety of photos from years past at an event, to pay tribute to people who had been involved. Walgreens Photo was a perfect and quick way to do that.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Walgreens Photo is very convenient as it is available almost everywhere and open for a good amount of time. It is a simple system to use and there is always available help/associates there to guide you through and show you the process. You can easily upload your photos from a storage device and can easily have access to the photos for printing. It is efficient and on the go. But I would like the photo editing services to be a little better; improved filters and backgrounds. That way people are able to do some of their own editing before printing out photos so that they are of higher quality.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Experience was good. I had a stack of pictures to print off and had no issues. The pictures turned out nice, and the service itself was reasonably priced. The photos were saved to my account in case I wanted them later. I also had a coupon I got to use, which helped make the price more reasonable. The pictures were also ready in a reasonable amount of time. The service was also convenient since Walgreens is right by my house. I would use this service in the future, as long as I had a coupon that I could apply to make it more reasonably priced.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I had a great experience, my pictures turned out great, was finished fast. It was affordable, have options available that I needed, close by my house, and has fast service and great products. I also had a coupon code to use on the already low price. Their employees were friendly and helped me and provided the answers to my questions. They were great and I would definitely use their services again and again in the future. I will also tell other people about the great service I received from Walgreens.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Fast, easy, cheap, friendly staff and great customer service. Pricing is reasonable and the location is convenient. Overall everything is wonderful other than the hours which you can use the service. Great quality, a dependable process that I can use whenever I needed to. Walgreens photograph service is the best and I would definitely keep using it.

Original review: April 5, 2018

The people at Walgreens Photo are amazing and patient. However the photo service was a bit slow and I would want to speed it up in a way so it can be faster. Overall they were nice and friendly people, and the service was great.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

On January 4, 2018 I sent an order to the Walgreens on Recker Road in Mesa, AZ. I wanted prints, an enlargement and a 2018 calendar. Within a couple of hours I got an email informing me the prints and enlargement were ready for pick-up. Nothing came about the calendar. The next afternoon I went to pick up my order and the clerk had no idea why the calendar was not ready. The supervisor informed me that the calendar printer was out of green ink. That it had been out of green ink for awhile and that she had no idea when they would be receiving more green ink. They took my phone number and committed to contact me.

Two weeks went by with no email or telephone contact so I went back to the store. The clerk had no idea why the calendar was not ready but the supervisor said "that we are out of green ink. We have been out of green ink for a long time and I (she) have no idea when we will receive more green ink." I have received no reply to my direct complaint to Walgreens at 01/30/2018.

Walgreens Photo Company Information