2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

American Mint Reviews

Original review: May 4, 2020

Received a maga watch, all I ordered, watch arrived with a coin, watch was paid with check. Received another order with a bill for previous coin received and another coin, paid with check even though I didn’t order any coins, received more coins even though I didn’t order them I kept them and paid for them. Received a bill for coins that I already paid for, talked to a customer service via email said bill and check crossed in mail. One month later received another bill, called customer service, female states they did not receive a check even though all checks have been cashed. Very terrible people to deal with, no more money will be paid to them.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I received an ad in the mail for a presidential coin, ONE PRESIDENTIAL COIN, with an invoice that stated they would crediting my account with a dollar amount that covered all but $9.95 of the cost which I had paid by credit card. Some weeks later two coins showed up without an invoice so I didn't think much of it. Now more than a month later I received another coin and an invoice that said I owed $105. I immediately called American Mint and a woman answered who assured me I would not be charged if I sent the coins back within 25 days. At this point she told me I owed $80 for the first coins. It was then I figured out the scam.

I got one coin for the $9.95 price but they sent a second coin with that one that they charged the $80 for. This is not explained upfront with the coins are ordered. I am sending all the coins back and I'll update this complaint. I let the woman know that the Harrisburg Pa Better Business Bureau had no file on them YET and I would be privileged to be the first to file a complaint.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

My wife ordered one coin for $10.00 and some change. The coin arrived with a extra coin enclosed and a new invoice for over $80.00. I called their customer service and spoke with Elseon. Not sure what Country he is from but after I ripped his face off, he said he would send me a new invoice that would show we could keep the extra coin and the invoice would show we owe nothing. Don't order anything from this company as they are nothing but a scam.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I received a promotion in the mail. It contained an $80.00 check and said that I could get this coin and a watch for $16.90. Of course it said they had to receive the check within 10 days. I sent it off the very next day. They did not cash my check until the 11th day. How convenient for them!!! So, now, they claim I owe them $80.00. Plus they sent me a coin I NEVER ORDERED and said I could have that one for a great deal. I DO NOT THINK THEY KNOW WHAT A GREAT DEAL IS. So, now I am trying to return the merchandise. Hoping that they don't sit on this for 22 days (the return policy says within 21 days. I'm pretty sure they have already done this and are really good at being deceitful with their so called return policy).

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Ordered 6 coins and only got 3 and when I contacted them they said they didn't make the other three anymore. Then I received three orders I didn't order. Their products aren't worth what they charge and the shipping costs are larger than they should be. Contact the Attorney General not the BBB as they side with the companies lies and do nothing. I am not sure the AG will do anything as many people have complained about their fraudulent practice for a long time and nothing has been done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Mint?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Ordered a knife for $19.95 plus $6.95 shipping. Got a couple of boxes of coins, a credit for my payment, with a balance due of $99.00. A quick check online revealed thousands of complaints. Ordered from a daily newspaper insert. I understand they are a German company, with lawsuits dating back to before 2000. The state of Louisiana sued them and won a sizable judgment in 2005. Products are trash from China. Never got the knife I ordered.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Order one thing, and then they send same thing with-out ordering it!! I am "UNSUBSCRIBING" and sending this high dollar crap back to them and hope they put it where the sun doesn't shine!!! High pressure sales does not work with me and never has! The products they sell is overvalued, period.

Original review: June 29, 2019

It is my fault! I did not closely read the offer in which the first knife was offered for $19.99 AND THEN THE SECOND KNIFE WOULD BE SHIPPED TO ME FOR MY REVIEW FOR WHICH I WOULD PAY $99.99. Other than the inscription, the knives are identical. This is so close to baiting. There can be no other words for it! If I were to ever again buy from these folks it would be via the telephone in which I carefully ask the exact total cost when the transaction is completed. So beware when you purchase from American Mint.

Original review: June 28, 2019

Terrible experience. I made a purchase of the trade currency for $ 59.95 which with the shipping and customs costs became € 103. Finally I get a Silver Eagle instead of Apollo 11. I do the return procedure with the request for the correct object. I spend another € 32 insured shipping as per the Mint instructions. The object returns to the United States. In the end, after many emails and chats, I receive a $ 59.95 reimbursement without receiving the ordered item and having spent a good € 80.6 to make a trip to the Atlantic to a stupid silver coin. I strongly advise against any type of online purchase. Available for viewing the proofs of what is described here.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I sent them a check for $19.95 for the Meghan engagement ring; I knew I'd receive another ring in a series. The check didn't clear for a while so for the first time I looked up American Mint reviews. I was horrified by all the negative reviews, and put a stop payment on that check -- which cost me $30. I resolved if I received anything from them, that I'd simply mark "Refused Delivery" on it and send it back. However, yesterday I had forgotten all about this, and received an envelope, which I opened. It was the Meghan ring AND a Princess Diana/Kate ring -- and surprise, surprise, I am very happy with them. In fact, I LOVE THEM! I am going to send them a check for $79 plus the $19.95, and after that will cancel anything more as I really can't afford it. If they send me more merchandise, I will simply refuse delivery on it.

American Mint Company Information