2. Miscellaneous

1.3/5 (127 ratings)

About American Mint

American Mint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Mint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Mint?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Ordered a President Trump watch that I supposedly got a great deal on. Was from an add in a shopper helper. I paid $16.90 for the watch. When I received the watch there was also a second watch and two gold Trump coins and a frame for them along with several other spaces to hold a total of 6 coins and said something about President Trump's speeches. I'm mailing everything back but the watch I paid $16.90 for. I'm already dreading dealing with this company after reading the reviews from others and the trouble they have gone through with similar situations. I'm upset cause now I have to pay to ship the stuff back and then the headache on the horizon of being threatened with collections cause I'll be danged if they get any money from me. People- make sure you read up on this company before doing business with them. Wish I would have. Reviews are bad!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Got a mail order in the mail or an ad I guess you would call it stating I could order a Golden Double Eagle replica gold plated and get a free watch. Well I placed the order. A month later it still hadn’t shown up. They kept giving me a run around saying wait one week to check again if I needed, up somewhere in New Jersey or at least something did with my tracking number and they said they couldn’t replace it so they just refunded the money. These people are not honest dealers and they should be taken off any good dealer list because if you check the reviews you’ll see this one particular Adam and watch like I wanted has got over 100 complaints.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2021

Bought a silver eagle that was nice. Made the mistake of checking box for future shipments if interested. I paid with a money order. Received item along with some junky coin they wanted nearly 100 dollars for. Sent that back and kept silver coin I paid for. They "never" got junky coin. Just sent me third collection letter. Called them after first letter. Told them I sent coin back and know they are a scam! I am thankful I didn't use my credit card or banking info...

Original review: June 2, 2021

American Mint is scam company, they will ship the item was not ordered and send the bill for money, Once I paid for one item, they send another item not requested, asking for more money, I did not pay, they were keep sending reminders and threaten to go for collection, most of the time customer service never respond to the call, I returned the item after getting return label, still sending reminders to get the money. US customers should be very careful in dealing with this type of company.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Received an empty package in the mail from American Mint with a $100.00 invoice for coin purchase I never received or ordered. In fact I had never heard of the American Mint till the package arrived. (The American Mint got my address from Google tracking which I absolutely loathe.) Called American Mint. They claimed it was a random promo and I should send the coin back. There was no coin to send back. Since that time any correspondence from American Mint goes in the trash. The real villain is Google selling tracking info based on data they collect from similar sites you may have visited. Google has no business selling personal info to 3rd party vendors. Google's security is a farce. It is nothing more than a means to gather more data on you they can sell for profit.

Original review: May 22, 2021

Ordered one item. It was several weeks before they sent it, and when they did, they sent and Billed me for TWO items instead of one And they charged 5 times as much for the second one. Placed an order for $19.95 plus shipping, but they billed me for $135.73!!! When I called to ask how to return it, they Would Not even connect me without answering personal questions so that they could give me a "Special Offer" for "selected individuals". I called back, trying to get to a person, or even an automated system 3 times and then it started giving me a message that "You have dialed a number that is not available from your calling area". American Mint is a TERRIBLE company--Don't buy Anything from them.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I sent a request for some coins I was supposed to enter my personal information, I have Parkinson's Disease and sometimes I become scatterbrained. I inadvertently sent my debit card along with my request. (I never do such a thing) when I am up to speed with my meds. The customer Service department sent my card back with a letter asking me to call them with any of my needs. They could have had a great time at my expense, but did the honorable thing. I would give them a Six Star rating if your stars went that high.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Seen a lot of bad reviews but I got everything as expected and I’m happy with everything. Got me bunch of Legal tender Trump $2 bills and a couple Trump coins. Everything was what they said it would be.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

In my case I didn't sustain any financial loss. I paid them for an introductory coin at a discount. It was being used as a cheap fun gift for a friend. The next month another coin came. I returned it and they have not stopped trying to get me to pay for the item. They have sent me three notices although I documented with a receipt that the items were returned. No one has responded to any of my correspondence. There is no name of anyone to contact. Good luck trying to find a company representative to complain to! Why doesn't anyone have a name?

For years through the use of the words American Mint LLC they have hoodwinked many people who think they are being patriotic and making a wise Investment by purchasing their products. The Trump Coin is the biggest Fake going. These people are FAKE and only want to suck you into long term commitments to enrich their sham company. Unfortunately many seniors fall victim to there game. All I want is for them to leave me alone and to be taken off the mailing list. Instead I'm now receiving correspondence from The Bradford Exchange for an Electric President Trump Train. What a wreck. Bob

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I wired over $11,000 to this company in March 2020. They told me the coins would ship by end of April. They are responsive when you place your order, and right afterwards, then they don’t answer phones or reply to emails. I asked for a refund in June 2020. They emailed claiming to have mailed the check, and then sent a following email asking me to confirm my address. They would not send the check number of tracking number. My bank asked them to authorize a refund via wire, they declined.

On Thursday, August 14, I received a call from Sarah. She wanted to know my bank’s wire information to return the funds by wire. I provided everything via email and asked her to confirm she received the info, and provide me with confirmation that the wire was sent. She stated they would send a refund today or tomorrow.

I have posted reviews on other sites. They block every negative review on TrustPilot...come on Trust Pilot. Don’t trust ‘Verified-Reviews’ site. I couldn’t figure out how to post on there and called the company. VR only allows reviews by invitation of Company- so, paid marketing. If you do choose to give your money to this company, be sure to do so by credit card. The small percentage you think you’re saving by sending a check or wire, isn’t a savings at all. It’s a way for them to use your money for as long as they feel comfortable. If I can continue to edit and update here, I will.

American Mint Company Information