2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.36/5

American Mint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Mint?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Mint?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I sent a request for some coins I was supposed to enter my personal information, I have Parkinson's Disease and sometimes I become scatterbrained. I inadvertently sent my debit card along with my request. (I never do such a thing) when I am up to speed with my meds. The customer Service department sent my card back with a letter asking me to call them with any of my needs. They could have had a great time at my expense, but did the honorable thing. I would give them a Six Star rating if your stars went that high.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Seen a lot of bad reviews but I got everything as expected and I’m happy with everything. Got me bunch of Legal tender Trump $2 bills and a couple Trump coins. Everything was what they said it would be.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

In my case I didn't sustain any financial loss. I paid them for an introductory coin at a discount. It was being used as a cheap fun gift for a friend. The next month another coin came. I returned it and they have not stopped trying to get me to pay for the item. They have sent me three notices although I documented with a receipt that the items were returned. No one has responded to any of my correspondence. There is no name of anyone to contact. Good luck trying to find a company representative to complain to! Why doesn't anyone have a name?

For years through the use of the words American Mint LLC they have hoodwinked many people who think they are being patriotic and making a wise Investment by purchasing their products. The Trump Coin is the biggest Fake going. These people are FAKE and only want to suck you into long term commitments to enrich their sham company. Unfortunately many seniors fall victim to there game. All I want is for them to leave me alone and to be taken off the mailing list. Instead I'm now receiving correspondence from The Bradford Exchange for an Electric President Trump Train. What a wreck. Bob

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I wired over $11,000 to this company in March 2020. They told me the coins would ship by end of April. They are responsive when you place your order, and right afterwards, then they don’t answer phones or reply to emails. I asked for a refund in June 2020. They emailed claiming to have mailed the check, and then sent a following email asking me to confirm my address. They would not send the check number of tracking number. My bank asked them to authorize a refund via wire, they declined.

On Thursday, August 14, I received a call from Sarah. She wanted to know my bank’s wire information to return the funds by wire. I provided everything via email and asked her to confirm she received the info, and provide me with confirmation that the wire was sent. She stated they would send a refund today or tomorrow.

I have posted reviews on other sites. They block every negative review on TrustPilot...come on Trust Pilot. Don’t trust ‘Verified-Reviews’ site. I couldn’t figure out how to post on there and called the company. VR only allows reviews by invitation of Company- so, paid marketing. If you do choose to give your money to this company, be sure to do so by credit card. The small percentage you think you’re saving by sending a check or wire, isn’t a savings at all. It’s a way for them to use your money for as long as they feel comfortable. If I can continue to edit and update here, I will.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

This company stole my money. I ordered and been requesting information and tracking on my order for over 3 weeks. No info. I also requested tracking. Nothing. So I then asked for an email confirming my order, they stated they could not do so. Don't do business with this company. Also they refused to issue me a refund.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I returned a Trump Battle Coin on 6-3-20 and they received it on 6-5-20. I called them on 6-12-20 (877-807-6468) and they confirmed receipt on 6-5-20 and said refunds are issued within 1-2- weeks. It is now 7-14-20 and I called again and they still have not processed this refund. The representative stated she would put it through again. HOPEFULLY SOMEONE READS THESE REVIEWS BECAUSE I DID NOT BEFORE ORDERING. BE CAUTIOUS... My order was small $16.90 but at looking at some of the reviews now some orders are large. I WOULD NOT ORDER AGAIN FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: May 4, 2020

Received a maga watch, all I ordered, watch arrived with a coin, watch was paid with check. Received another order with a bill for previous coin received and another coin, paid with check even though I didn’t order any coins, received more coins even though I didn’t order them I kept them and paid for them. Received a bill for coins that I already paid for, talked to a customer service via email said bill and check crossed in mail. One month later received another bill, called customer service, female states they did not receive a check even though all checks have been cashed. Very terrible people to deal with, no more money will be paid to them.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I received an ad in the mail for a presidential coin, ONE PRESIDENTIAL COIN, with an invoice that stated they would crediting my account with a dollar amount that covered all but $9.95 of the cost which I had paid by credit card. Some weeks later two coins showed up without an invoice so I didn't think much of it. Now more than a month later I received another coin and an invoice that said I owed $105. I immediately called American Mint and a woman answered who assured me I would not be charged if I sent the coins back within 25 days. At this point she told me I owed $80 for the first coins. It was then I figured out the scam.

I got one coin for the $9.95 price but they sent a second coin with that one that they charged the $80 for. This is not explained upfront with the coins are ordered. I am sending all the coins back and I'll update this complaint. I let the woman know that the Harrisburg Pa Better Business Bureau had no file on them YET and I would be privileged to be the first to file a complaint.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

My wife ordered one coin for $10.00 and some change. The coin arrived with a extra coin enclosed and a new invoice for over $80.00. I called their customer service and spoke with Elseon. Not sure what Country he is from but after I ripped his face off, he said he would send me a new invoice that would show we could keep the extra coin and the invoice would show we owe nothing. Don't order anything from this company as they are nothing but a scam.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I received a promotion in the mail. It contained an $80.00 check and said that I could get this coin and a watch for $16.90. Of course it said they had to receive the check within 10 days. I sent it off the very next day. They did not cash my check until the 11th day. How convenient for them!!! So, now, they claim I owe them $80.00. Plus they sent me a coin I NEVER ORDERED and said I could have that one for a great deal. I DO NOT THINK THEY KNOW WHAT A GREAT DEAL IS. So, now I am trying to return the merchandise. Hoping that they don't sit on this for 22 days (the return policy says within 21 days. I'm pretty sure they have already done this and are really good at being deceitful with their so called return policy).

American Mint Company Information