3.9/5 (150 ratings)

About Tuesday Morning

Tuesday Morning Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tuesday Morning?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tuesday Morning?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2014

Worked at TM from October 2003 till Dec 2006. I suffered a cerebral aneurysm while at work on the sales floor. So from Dec 2006 thru Dec 2007 I was on disability, then in January 2008 I went back into work and was rehired by my former manager. Trouble with the rehiring was that the company wouldn't put my pay at what I had previously made. At the time I believe I had been making 9.00$ an hour. Well I wasn't too pleased when they started my hourly wage at $8.00 an hour. My manager couldn't do a thing about it, although she tried.

And of course, the way TM works their employees is absurd. I went back there due to the fact that I was in need of a job, and I needed one fast. My former manager suddenly became ill and went on Workers Comp, (they got rid of her is what they did), and the new manager was a complete nightmare. I went from working 30 hours a week to 10 or 12 hours a week. She barely spoke English (Spanish, not much English) and she was the classic 'Hater', gay as the day is long, and she'd really hammer the employees if they dared to joke with her living girlfriend.

This manager was a complete wreck. I made it a point one day to get into an argument with her so she'd fire me and she did, thank God. THAT was a blessing! Good luck to all you hard working TM employees, that place is awful to their employees, yet the employees are great hard working folks (sans my former manager of course). The store I formally worked at was # 609 in Anaheim Hills Ca. (shuttered now, awe what a shame)!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2014

I was a loyal employee with tuesday morning Lafayette la. In july late 2014 I changed my availability due to hardship and stated I could no longer work on weekends. Then about 3 weeks later august, my store manager amy ** pull me in office 5 minutes before my shift ended. Told me I need to give my 2 week notice because I changed my availability. I told her why there are manager and key holders and workers that don't work on weekend. Told her I had to call someone and she said it was ok. This took place Monday.

I contact tuesday morning corporate office, spoke with human res regional manager in texas, told her we had a discussion. Within that time my hour have been cut from 20+ to barely 12 week. I have been harassed at work. Within that time frame I have been in contact with tue morning co office regional manager. Within this my manager amy ** Lafayette la store manager leave notes for me to follow, if I don't she keeps a list. Monday we had a truck, I was scheduled 10/2 and note stated I was to work register.

The truck pulled up and across the store the asst manager Shirley screamed for me "get in truck." Told her I was suppose follow amy ** notes. I went to back and Shirley was on register. I called amy ** to tell her I was doing truck and see what she wanted me to do. She told me that I need to listen to Shirley. I said "ok I'll go get with her after truck" and stated I walk to front. Called amy about 11:48 am. 12:00 I'm in back of truck, shirley came to back fuss and cursing. 12:15 still doing same. 12:30 saying I'm going too slow. 12:45 bad comments and saying I don't make no since and she not play with me. 1:00 pm still had truck and she was cursing.

I stop and ask her if she had a problem with me. She was cursing and ugly with me. I ask her if she wanted me to leave. I got out back truck, clocked out, called corp office. Corporate office wanted to know why store manager was not there and who was doing truck. Corporate office told me stay working. Corporate office stated she would call store. I clock back on and shirley said that amy ** told me go home. 1:10 pm clocked out and left. Shortly after called corp office 3 times, no answer, I left message with all my contact info stated that they were sending me home and I did not walk out. This is because I used my right to call corporate because of what was going on and I have been harassed since then.

Also my store manager amy ** gave me a copy of someone's check in an envelope. September 11 2014. I clock in at 10:00 am, then I turn and amy ** says "because of what happen monday you are terminated." I said "whoa ok." Told her I need my pink slip. She stated she does not know how to print it. I called human resources corporate office at 10:10 am, left message.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2014

I bought an 8 x 10 rug and the employee helped me get it into the back of my SUV. Then he slammed the rear hatch down and the rear latch broke. The malfunction light came on immediately when I started the vehicle. I told the store manager in Sioux Falls about it and she was extremely rude. I had to get the rear latch replaced costing $520.00. I contacted the corporate office about this and made a claim which they denied and said it was most likely faulty before I came to their store! It most definitely was caused by their employee and they simply don't care about their customers and damage caused by their employees. I will not be shopping there ever again!

Original review: July 3, 2014

My elderly Mother (88) purchased two lamps from local store. One quit working and while in store later asked if she could return. Was told yes by store mgr. (who I know) for a credit. My Mother had a heart attack and lost a young grandson, therefore, it was sometime later when we took lamps. We were confronted at front of store by Mgr & another lady telling us without receipt could not do anything. My elderly Mother did not anticipate any issue with lamps and threw receipt away. They said did not know price & did not offer to investigate/look up. Very rude to both of us & I've shopped here for years! Suppose TM is more concerned about numbers & managers about bonuses to care about their customers. My Mother could not believe the treatment... nor could I! We will not shop TM again. This is how to lose good customers. You retain them by providing great customer service then folks want to return/shop. TM just another company that had not learned this... too bad for them!

Original review: June 15, 2014

Employees there are telling customers they cannot buy things because they are on hold for another employee. I went there for a certain doll and was told another girl was buying it. The girl then took it off of the shelf and put it on another behind some things. I asked for a manager and was told there wasn't one there. All of this after I shopped the store for at least 40 minutes while listening to the employee talk about her other job taking pictures for photographers on craigslist nude! She looked to be very young so how dangerous is that? I will not go back into that store even though I wanted to pray for that employee. Even so one would think employees monitor what they say around customers. Hearing about nude pictures and what has been said and done at the shoots is something that most customers like me do not want to hear!!

Original review: May 4, 2014

On April 5, 2014, whilst shopping at Tuesday Morning, an object the size of a business envelope flew off the shelf and hit me in the center of my face. The in-store staff apologized. The corporate staff ignores me. Tuesday Morning has sales approaching 1 billion dollars. I have been many times. I am sorry to learn that the well-being of their shoppers is apparently of no concern of theirs.

Original review: April 8, 2014

My husband and I were shopping at this store on March 30th. We found a couple of items to purchase and walked up to the check-out counter. The employee, I believe her name was Judith (according to the receipt), had a scowl on her face and rang up our items without even speaking. My husband, being a very friendly and outgoing person, was telling her about how excited he was about one of the items, as it was perfect for his son, who was having a birthday soon. She interrupted him by shoving the store's copy of the receipt at him and telling him she needed him to sign there.

The scowl never left her face. After he signed, she shoved the receipt and bag at him and turned her back on us - again, without ever speaking. We were both shocked as we left the store. Monday morning I called "Customer Service" (and I use this term loosely), and was told that I would receive a call from the district manager within 48 hours. Never heard from anyone. So I called back after 2 1/2 days and was told that the district manager would be called to see what the problem was. After waiting another 48 hours and hearing nothing, I sent an email to the Board of Directors. That was on Friday. Monday afternoon, I received a call from the district manager. My husband and I were already upset over our store experience, and then to not hear from anyone for a week - we were not happy with Tuesday Morning. She never explained why I never heard from her earlier. All I got was "We will talk to this employee." As far as we are concerned, we will NEVER go back to Tuesday Morning again. There are plenty of stores where our business will be appreciated. We don't need this kind of treatment.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2013

I work for Tuesday Morning about 15 years. Tuesday Morning okay, president not okay, push me and other employees working like a slave and no rate that is okay. They are not giving us more money but we're still working the best we can... But this morning the new president yelled at us. He screamed at us. He acts like we're slaves. I hope somebody can talk to him about this. I don't know why TM hires the president like this guy....

Original review: June 11, 2013

The quality of the products sold is absolutely horrible. I purchased flatware and within 6 months, almost all of the handles became detached from the utensil. I purchased a bath rug and after two washes on the gentle cycle, it was completely pilled. I also purchased food storage containers; the seals came off. I wiIl never shop there again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2013

I must say start by saying that I do love this company and the quality of merchandise I purchase as a customer, but as an employee for many years, I've never seen so much harassing and disrespectful behavior as I've witnessed at this company. On a daily basis, other employees and I are harassed, written up or mocked by the store manager while she spends the majority of her shifts on the phone, finding more ridiculous reasons to write or get people to quit. There is no use trying to contact the regional or loss prevention managers because she does that on a daily basis. When it comes time to investigate our complaints from corporate, the regional and loss prevention managers only talk to the store manager which is the person who the complaints are about from other employees and customers. She gets to tell her side and they seem to believe her and are only friendly w/ her. They always seem to be on her side without even hearing our side. People like this don't deserve to have management positions.

I'm not sure who I should contact on this matter since this company doesn't seem to care about teamwork, how their employees are treated or how they can even work in such a hostile environment. They might as well take down their signs about harassment because they do nothing about it but a mere sweep under the rug. It's appalling. You have not heard the last of me and I will continue to state my concerns on this issue until we get heard, because store associates are as important to keep a store running as its management. Thanks.

Original review: June 14, 2012

I worked for this company for a little over a year. They are slave drivers mainly. I recently got terminated for planning a vacation in July 2012. This is during the time they close for inventory. I was called into the office by the store manager and the regional manager. I was basically being blackmailed. I was told to either sign and accept a write up or cancel my vacation. Well, I have already paid my money for the vacation and there are no refunds. Then, I told the regional manager that people take vacations during the holidays. It's a normal thing to do. I also stated to him that I neither see him nor anyone else on the executive level inside the stores counting crap. He immediately fired me for questioning his actions.

This company trusts no one and they are write-up happy. I have been written up for wearing shorts due to surgery, swapping shifts with co-workers, not having tasks completed on time, with that meaning getting 10 hours of work done in three hours; it can't be done. The list goes on and on. The regional manager had it out for me from the start. I am in the beginning suing this company and the regional manager for wrongful termination. This company believes they can do whatever they want and that labor laws don't apply to them. I do not recommend that anyone should give them any business because of the way they treat people.

Original review: June 12, 2012

I hesitate to write and complain about the service at the Tuesday Morning store in Seguin, Texas (Court Street), for I have never been treated unfairly or been dissatisfied with the merchandise and would not be writing if this incident were a one-time occurrence, but it has been a fairly consistent happening. There have been numerous (many) times that I have waited at the check-out counter, often for several minutes (never an hour for of course, I wouldn't wait that long). I'm waiting, not because there is a line in front of me, but because there is no one to check me out at the counter (where I am waiting). I will see employees walking here and there (not waiting on another customer) or at a computer on the side of the store.

After attempting to capture any employee's attention, I will sometimes walk to where they are and ask to be checked out. It is frustrating. I've been shopping at this store since it opened in Seguin and this occurs more times than not. I'm not really bothered that when a checker does come, she will carry on a conversation with a friend or another employee during the time I'm there to check out (although it is rather rude and also happens with great frequency, but that is not my complaint). She will tally up the merchandise prices and bag my merchandise while still talking to another person, but I most certainly can tolerate that. It is just poor manners. This is extremely poor customer service in a store that should have good employee training. Well, every store should have good employee training and good service. I certainly won't stop shopping at Tuesday Morning and I always treat the employees with respect and courtesy. However, I am quite dissatisfied regarding the above complaint.

Original review: March 14, 2012

I purchased 4 goblets made in Italy that were on clearance for $6.99 a piece. However, there was an additional 40% off plus 10% since I signed on as an email customer. Well when I unwrapped them to wash them, I noticed hairline fracture in one of the glasses. Not knowing if it was my fault or Tuesday's fault, I tossed it, thinking I could run down and replace it. Turns out they had two left, however, they would not sell me them for the 40% off. They said I needed to bring in the damaged one and I could get it replaced for free. Here lies the illogical thinking. They were willing to give me a glass for free, but now that I'm willing to pay for it, they would not give me the sale price. I ended up wasting another trip because the manager misunderstood and thought I had the broken glass (even though I specifically said on the phone that I threw it away!).

The store is about 10 miles from me, that's a total of 40 miles now on this minor issue. I was so upset I called customer service corporate office. Well that was a horrendous experience. I was insulted by the first representative. She was on speaker and my colleague, who happened to be in the room (I am a HS teacher), was shocked. I was then passed on to Debbie, the supervisor. Debbie had a very soothing voice and it seemed promising that I was getting treated properly. I was told she would contact the store and then let me know if they could do it. If not, I was going to return all the glasses. One week went by, no phone call. I called and got her phone message. I left a very cordial message and no return phone call. I called again and was told she was in. Again, I was given her voicemail. I left another cordial message and still no response.

I'm sorry, but in this competitive state our economy is in, I do not think that Tuesday Morning is all that special and can afford to treat customers with such disregard. I will not be shopping there any longer. I don't appreciate being lied to and being treated as though I am invisible.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2011

I did not receive my last two pay stubs, one for the weeks June 11-24 and July 2-15 of 2010. I called the store manager on Sunday, December 4, 2010 and she told me they were mailed out at the end of July and that she can't go back into the system to recover the pay stubs that are printed out for the employees records of the direct deposits. She told me I would have to check the post office or call corporate. If these were mailed out at the end of July, I don't know how I would not have received them because we live with in walking distance of the store and post office. Yet, we received the flyers every month. I called the corporate number and there was no answer.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2011

My husband and I found a suitcase which was marked down from $89.00 to $79.00. Then, it had an additional white sale sticker taped to it marked $47.00. It was what we were looking for and at a great price. We approached the counter. We were informed the sale was for a special event, it was over, and all prices are subject to review at the checkout. The sale price would not be allowed. I stated that I had worked for Tuesday Morning in the past. I said that we always had to honor stickered sale prices, even if it was one we failed to remove after the sale ended. We did so without argument. The clerk said she would ask the manager, which she did. I was told by the manager that she would not honor the price. I said that I know she has to honor it. I said that it's store policy, and I would call home office and then return for the suitcase at the sale price. The manager just smugly said "okay" and turned the sale sticker over for me to right my name on. She made no effort to call the R.M. or offer to.

I asked her to call Audrey **, the R.M., whom I am familiar with from having been employed with Tuesday Morning in the past. The manager called and told Audrey I was "demanding" the sale price. They chatted about something else for a couple of minutes. Then, the manager handed me the phone. Audrey verbally attacked me asking: "Did you demand the sale price? Are you telling the store employees what they are supposed to do?" Well, that's completely lacking in professionalism. I asked her if she was refusing to honor the clearly marked sale price. She said they were going to honor it and she backed down. I'm sure there were a few more words shared there. The store manager did honor the price without further argument and we pleasantly completed the transaction. My issue is that a regional manager should know better than to attack a customer about anything. I loved working for Tuesday Morning in the past, even though it was difficult at times. I even like Audrey, but her smart-aleck approach is unacceptable. I'm sorry to feel the need to complain.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2010

I hope to clear some things up. Having a bad experience with an employee is not always the fault of the company. However, some things that the company does are confusing and wrong. My daughter worked for this company as a store associate for 2 years and I know that there are many flaws, but some even they have no control over.

The company buys surplus or discontinued items from other stores and warehouses. This is why "doubling" happens. Doubling is when a product comes in and over time, it goes on sale or clearance. After it goes on clearance, the company buys more of the same product and it comes in new and sells for the original high price and is not considered clearance due to it being a recent purchase by the company and sometimes in the newer editions. Rarely do they ever purchase defective merchandise, but it happens. It's close out for a reason.

As for employees, good and bad happens everywhere. Sometimes it's mood, sometimes it's what's going on with them. However, sometimes it's how you ask or why. If you haven't bothered looking for an answer yourself first and then ask, then they might be a tad grumpy when you interrupt them from a task that they must complete by the end of the day or get written up. If you tell them that they are going to do something for you rather then ask, then they have a right/option to react in whichever way they choose. Sometimes it's not the best way, but they didn't start the grudge. If you tried and looked but still can't see what you're looking for and ask politely, then a polite response is what should come back to you. All about ethics on both sides.

No, the real crime is how they treat stores and their employees. And the employees do everything: unload truck, clean and stock, organize, cashier, customer service, etc., you name it, they do it. And to make matters worse, they always cut back on the amount of time to do it all in, cutting back on spending money on wages and blaming anything that goes wrong on the employees. The job is not worth minimum wage and not worth applying for if you attend school. I'm glad my daughter quit while she did.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2010

My mother, Nancy **, is an assistant manager and has been an employee with them for over 3 years now. They brought in a new manager, who disrespects Nancy and slandering her name on the phone and in front of customers and other staff members. Nancy has been there longer than this manager and it's a real shame to see a hard worker treated this way and spoke down to. A lot of customers have said they will not return to the store again and neither shall I. The manager, Lester, has made many comments of how Nancy is useless and worthless to staff members and customers. It disgraces me that no action has been taken and that this man is a manager. He talks to Nancy with such nasty tones and disgusting looks.

It's not fair for anybody to put up with it, but it seems the company is not interested at all. This so-called manager also has been disrespecting the district manager, Kathy. Recently it was brought to his attention by the fire marshal that he was blocking the sprinkles in the store and would be fined if it was not fixed. He then went on to say it was Nancy's problem and she would pay the fine and that he didn't care what anybody said. So now he is also breaking safety codes and violations. I will go to the newspaper about this if nothing is done. I don't think it is right if he is disrespecting Nancy because she is an immigrant from England and not an American citizen yet. Nancy has been depressed and the store is losing customers that love Nancy very much. It's not good for the area to have such a thing going on.

Original review: July 28, 2010

On a Saturday afternoon, I entered Tuesday Morning in Hendersonville, NC to browse and purchase some drapery but was intercepted by a rude and condescending manager, Carol, who advised me that I was not to proceed down the aisle because they were doing inventory. Inventory on a Saturday afternoon? Wow! It didn't stop there. When I asked her, "So I take it that means I can't look at your drapes." She curtly replied, "Well, you can look at them but don't touch anything and if you do, put them back where you found them." More so than her actual words, her tone with me was abrupt and dismissive. I bit my tongue on this and then walked down the aisle to look at the drapes.

The manager then followed me and asked in a harsh tone, "Did you hear what I said?" Despite the fact that I was disgusted with her behavior, I bit my tongue and said nothing, I simply walked out. I don't usually file complaints but on this particular occasion, I thought it was necessary. I contacted the corporate offices in Texas and spoke with several individuals who were very communicative, attentive to my concerns and assured me that the issue would be addressed immediately. Overall, I was impressed with the manner in which this issue was handled by corporate and I will not allow one bad apple to deter me from shopping at the chain in the future.

Original review: July 12, 2010

My son went to Tuesday Morning last week and went to go buy a mop and he couldn't find them anywhere. So he went to ask the employee where the mops are but the employee didn't respond to his question. Another person came and the employee did answer that person's question.

I think that's being racist with people. They have bad employees working there and really bad service too.

Original review: July 1, 2010

This was my first experience with Tuesday morning, but while I was impressed with the selection and the prices, I am absolutely not going back.

My husband and I went to the register to attempt to purchase $32 in goods. The top part of my husband's debit card, near the magnetic strip, is cracked but still works (we're waiting for a replacement), you just have to be careful with it. The cashier saw this and immediately just typed in the number. I instantly knew she typed in the wrong number when she said, "um, says the money's not in there." I said that this was impossible as it's a debit card that's never declined for any reason, and I knew we had more than enough money in the bank.

Instead of offering to swipe the card like one normally would, or at least trying to type the number in again, she just stands there and gives us blank stares. As we were leaving, she just said, "that's all ya got? " and that was it. I commented to my husband when we were leaving that I knew it was only because she typed in the wrong number, and I'm sure she heard, but didn't give a ** to rectify the matter.

Although I knew she was in the wrong, we checked the balance at an ATM, and yep, balance was near $800. Normally, I'm never the one to complain or make waves, but this person's utter indifference and lack of customer service skills was disgusting. This person seemed to be in the 30's age, but even a 16-year-old at Burger King would have the decency to correct their mistakes, or even acknowledge the possibility of a mistake.

We drove to the old location in Woodfin planning to make our purchase there, but found that the entire complex is closed. Again, I started out very pleased by what I found in the store, but I'm definitely not interested in going back if this is how they train their employees.

Original review: May 17, 2010

I purchased 2 large planter urns at this store. I asked for help to carry them out. A nice associate said she would help me (I am 60). She placed them each in 1 basket as we rolled the carts to the car. At the curb when the cart wheel went down, the base of the planter broke. Sammie, the nice lady, was very gracious and suggested we go back inside. There was her boss name Jeannie that gave me dirty looks and was very rude. I asked if they could get another one from the store at Wurzbach. She said no. I paid with a debit card. I asked for cash back as a debit card takes a week to get your money back. Very rudely and with a glare, she said no. I asked to speak to her boss. Jeannie said Mary was on vacation. I asked to speak to the district manager. She called her, but the entire time giving me dirty looks. She said Stella (district manager) could not get to the Wurzbach store until Saturday, today is Monday. That by Saturday it could be sold and they would not hold it for me even under these circumstances, that there is nothing that she could do and just too bad was her tone. I could carry the broken one to the Wurzbach store and exchange it there. (I had left work to run Tuesday morning to get the planter urns as a co-worker that we normally cover for each other in a small office is out this week so I should not have left to begin with.) Now Stella wants me to drive across town. Jeannie, with a smirk on her face, took my debit card and credited the $59.00 plus tax back. Again, I asked why Stella could not bring one to the Rector store. She said Stella told her she was out of town and would not be back until Saturday. I left and went back to work. I made arrangements for someone to come in and cover for so I could make the drive to the Wurzbach store.

I called the Wurzbach store and a very nice young man helped me and said he would have the planter brought down off the top of a shelf so it would be ready when I got there and that he would put it in my car. Just as he promised, he had it ready, I paid for it again, and while I was paying, Stella comes in to do a markdown audit (she got back from her out of town trip in about 1 hour and was at the store I had asked about). I love Tuesday morning! I have already spent over $500.00 there just for this month of May. I have never been treated so badly and then Stella the district manager, flat out lied. I still cannot believe this. I would really like an answer as to why it was necessary to flat out lie to a customer and by a person who you would think would have integrity to have gotten to her position. Although she had the nice young man carrying her person for her so she could do her markdown audit? I do not understand, please help me!

Original review: June 21, 2006

Tuesday Morning claims to sell discounted items, but last week I bought a bag of cookie cutters. The Original price was listed as $24.00. Their guaranteed 50-80% off sale price was $7.99 and there was also a take an additional 25% off ticket price sticker on the bag. The bag of cookie cutters were in a clear plastic bag with a cardboard piece stapled on top - just like you'd buy in a supermarket. But when I got home and opened the bag I saw that the cardboard piece had been turned over to hide the original price which was $9.99.

The manufacturer is Hirschberg Schutz & Co., Inc. Union, NJ 07083 and the cookie cutters were called All Occasion Trimmings. The price is printed on the cardboard piece right next to the name. So they lied about the original price and their guaranteed discount. I called Tuesday Morning at 1-800-457-0099 and told them about it. They said they need to investigate. So I'm telling you.

¸

Original review: Feb. 5, 2003

They had a comforter set advertised. I purchased the same one in the advertisment but instead of being $59.00 they charged $169.99. They said if they had it in the store before the sale it would not be the sale price. They only had special ones on sale that they got in just for the sale even if the other ones they had on the shelf were the same as the sale one. It did not make sense to me. What I purchased is the excat same thing as what is pictured and described in the advertisment. I feel that they are cheating people when they do this.

Tuesday Morning Company Information