4.8/5 (116 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Taylor Sansano
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Lemonade Pet Insurance

Lemonade pet insurance helps cover the treatment costs for a variety of accidents and illnesses, with optional coverage for preventive care. You can easily file a claim with no hassle using the Lemonade app. Lemonade sets itself apart from other insurance providers by taking flat fees from its customers’ premiums and donating leftover funds to charities chosen by policyholders (including animal welfare organizations).

Pros

• Pricing starts at $10/month
  • Multiple discounts
  • Quick reimbursement times

Cons

• Not available in every state
  • No local agents

Bottom Line

Lemonade pet insurance covers tests, procedures and medicine for your cat or dog after an accident or illness. The company offers expanded coverage with a preventive care add-on. You can sign up online for coverage in seconds.

Lemonade Pet Insurance Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lemonade Pet Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lemonade Pet Insurance?

Original review: May 7, 2022

Paisley has been having many many issues with her tummy, which means a lot of trips to the vet. Being in grad school makes it difficult to cover those vet bills. Having Lemonade Pet Insurance takes the stress off of having to make tough decisions about costly care. It’s very user friendly, and the Lemonade team is quick to respond with kindness and helpful information. Without Lemonade, Paisley wouldn’t be able to get the care she needs to help figure out what’s going on.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Amazing service. Fast responses. Very easy to use app. Helpful agents. Simple claims process. What else is there to say? This is the best, insurance company I have ever worked with. My dog has had most if not all of her preventative visits covered.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Great service! Their app and customer service representatives make it easy for me to file claim or ask questions. It's a pleasure to deal with them. Specially when you're stressed because your pet is not feeling well. I recommend Lemonade!!! Thank you.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Everything was great from the moment I signed up. Any questions I had were answered and the staff seems extremely helpful. Everything went so smoothly. I feel better knowing I have this insurance and even better knowing I have help if needed. I will absolutely recommend this to friends.

Original review: May 1, 2022

Roni was our person of contact when dealing with our claim. He got our claim taken care of quickly and was very friendly. Any questions I had they were answered promptly. I let all our family and friends know about Lemonade.

Original review: April 30, 2022

Short and sweet customer service provided by Kelly and Jess on your team single handedly earned my business for life and will be sure to refer friends and family because that’s the type of leadership and communication that this world needs more of… Thank you both so much!

Original review: April 30, 2022

Submitting the claim and getting the approval took less than a day. The process is so easy. The fact that I can get some of my dogs' annual Check covered makes the insurance coverage so worth it. I definitely recommend Lemonade.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Lemonade has been very helpful, efficient and attentive to all my questions and needs. I am very grateful for the caring and professional service as well as fast approving of my claims for my beautiful little boy Finn (French bulldog).. Thank you so much Lemonade for being so efficient and professional. All the people there really care about your pet and your needs for them.. Every one has been fantastic and wonderful…

Original review: April 27, 2022

I can't say enough good things about Lemonade and their staff. I was given a dog in October from a family that already had 3. In February our sweet Millie/ Pomeranian, was diagnosed with chiari formation. MRI and surgery were needed. Lemonade did their due diligence and were so kind and fair in the end. Millie received her MRI and had her surgery and is living her best life now. We Love Lemonade.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I recently acquired pet insurance from Lemonade and was able to take my cat Void to the vet and get him checked out and few shots and Lemonade reimbursed me over have that amount. 13/10 would recommend. Getting the reimbursement was a painless, easy process.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Highly recommend, fast and on point. Always will continue using and recommending. They helped my dog with all her problems, quick with replies and quick with getting your money to you. Hopefully my rate doesn’t go up but so far so good.

Original review: April 26, 2022

So far our experience with Lemonade has been fantastic. Their response has been quick and communication thorough. I have already recommended Lemonade to several friends. Every-time I sent a question, I received a response within hours. I am very happy we chose Lemonade as our provider for Guinness.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Customer service is fast, friendly, and impeccably solid. I have recommended Lemonade to so many friends and all have joined and have been just as thrilled as I am! We recently added them as our homeowner’s policy as well since we were so happy with the pet insurance.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I will admit, I was a bit skeptical when signing up for pet insurance, but I did so at the recommendation of many pet-owning friends. We use Lemonade for our homeowner's insurance, so it made sense to add pet insurance with a provider we already knew & trusted. When our dog swallowed a fish hook at the beach and needed emergency x-rays and surgery, Lemonade made the claims process so incredibly seamless. They took the financial stress out of an already stressful situation and for that, we couldn't be more grateful.

Original review: April 25, 2022

The reimbursement process was very simple and quick and all done over the app. I was expecting the reimbursement to take a couple weeks but after providing the requested information the reimbursement was processed almost immediately. Hopefully other claims will be just as simple to process. Very happy with the service so far.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Filed my first claim for my dog’s check up and shots. Lemonade App was great! Super easy and user friendly. Reimbursement was immediately transferred to my bank. Great job Lemonade! Very happy with cost, reimbursement rate, customer service and ease of filling my claim.

Original review: April 23, 2022

Our year old cavalier started with severe vomiting, dehydration and then diarrhea. No known cause. We were unable to get any appointment with any Vets in the area and were forced to take him to the Emergency 24 hour Clinic. He was worse the next day and we were able to get him into an Urgent Care at the SPCA. Having the pet insurance gave us some peace of mind. Submitting claims was fast and efficient.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I've been insured with Lemonade for about a year and a few months. Overall I am very happy with the quick processing of any small claims and it's been a very good experience so far. I would recommend Lemonade for your pet insurance needs.

Original review: April 20, 2022

Submitting a claim for my puppy’s first annual check up with her vet followed by stool sample, was extremely easy using the app. The app is very user-friendly, my claims were approved very quickly, and I was reimbursed right into my bank account with no issues. The team is very professional and quick to respond to any questions!

Original review: April 20, 2022

Very quick service and very easy to submit and view claims. The drop down menu with populated or pre filled options made submitting the claim very easy. The responses from the agents were so quick! I will definitely recommend Lemonade to other pet owners.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Our claims were quickly and fairly processed. David is amazing. Correspondence was easy. We were kept in the loop and they seemed to really care about our pet’s health. After our deductible was met, payment was very quick. Great value!!

Original review: April 16, 2022

I love Lemonade! It feels good knowing my pets are protected. Filing a claim could not be easier and the customer service is excellent! You get reimbursed quickly as well which is a bonus! I’ve recommended lemonade to family and friends.

Original review: April 13, 2022

This is the first dog I’m owning as an adult, I have insurance for everything. Auto, Home, health etc. I wish more insurance companies were like this. Super easy to deal with, no need to be on the phone for hours and hold, this is how more companies should be working in 2021. My claim was resolved almost immediately.

Original review: April 12, 2022

After a normal check up at the vet, they heard an irregular heart beat. We decided to take all measure to determine the cause and possible treatment. After EKG and an echogram, they determined it is nothing to worry about. The tests were not inexpensive but we felt comfortable with Lemonade our side. We received great service with good communication and results. We are grateful to have Lemonade.

Original review: April 11, 2022

This is our family's first experience with pet insurance. The processes are simple and the app is really intuitive and makes it very easy to file claims, the response times are very fast and efficient. So far this is really working well for us and our four legged family member.

Original review: April 9, 2022

I am so glad I discovered Lemonade and got my pets covered. I shopped around quite a bit and did a lot of reading up on the different companies out there. I finally took the plunge and went with Lemonade and I am glad I did. So far I have filed 2 claims and the second one was approved and paid within an hour! I have peace of mind that I can focus on my pets should something happen and that Lemonade has them covered.

Original review: April 9, 2022

Only been with Lemonade for a little over a month… with two claims submitted for our new puppy. But so far, I’m very impressed with the communication, the ease of filing a claim, and most of all, the speed of the claims settlement. Looks like an exceptional business model… An experience I have never had with any other health insurer…canine or human!!!

Original review: April 9, 2022

This is the best pet insurance out there. I put in a claim and it was approved in minutes and in my account within a few days. I have a claim with another insurance over another incident and it still hasn’t been processed. They are quick and there when needed. Highly recommend.

Original review: April 6, 2022

It was really easy to submit the claim and they immediately paid the preventative treatment amounts they promised. The claims related to her illness are taking a bit longer, but the claims officer was very active in assessing any additional information required and letting us know. It is also really easy to send information, both in the app and by email.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I thought that the employees that I spoke to were excellent and were able to help me solve my issue. The only reason why I’m not giving it 5 stars is that the process to claim a dental cleaning can be difficult. I had to get on the phone with the Vet's office and Lemonade multiple times in order to get a breakdown of the cleaning in order to proceed. In the end, Lemonade had to speak to the vet's office directly and the issue was resolved within.

Lemonade Pet Insurance Company Information