4.3/5 (737 ratings)

About Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance offers one type of plan, which keeps the application process simple for customers who need standard coverage. Customers can submit claims online or using the company's mobile app, and it responds to 99 percent of claims within two days.

Pros

• Fast processing
  • No caps on payouts
  • Mobile app
  • Easy-to-understand plan

Cons

• 15-day waiting period
  • Only one plan

Bottom Line

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance makes understanding coverage simple. Healthy Paws only offers one plan, which makes it slightly limiting. However, its mobile app makes the application and claims process simple.

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation?

Original review: May 7, 2022

Everything happened so fast, my tiny one year old toy poodle broke his leg. I rushed him to a regular vet, they did X-rays and said he needed surgery. I found a surgeon to operate and I dropped him off at the hospital the next day. Healthy Paws were amazing, guiding me through all the paperwork every step of the way. The process was easy, and the turn around on the reimbursements incredibly fast! So glad I decided to get this insurance last year for my two toy poodles!

Original review: May 4, 2022

I highly recommend Healthy Paws Pet Insurance!!! I have been a customer of Healthy Paws for 10 years, insuring my dog and 3 house cats over this period. I have always gotten great service. My dog has idiopathic epilepsy diagnosed in his second year. Recently, one of my 6 year old cats required medical care and hospitalizations for 2 life-threatening conditions, seemingly unrelated, that occurred about a month apart. The second illness required 6 days of 24/7 care in an emergency clinic in addition to multiple follow-up visits and testing with my veterinarian.

Without my young cat's Healthy Paws Insurance coverage, we would not have been able to do all we could to help him survive when there was any possibility of treating his condition. The alternative would have been the awful decision to put a young animal down when its condition was treatable, but the cost was too burdensome. Healthy Paws has no lifetime limits per pet, and several payment/deductible options. I am very grateful to Healthy Paws Pet Insurance for their service and sensitivity through this stressful time!

Original review: May 3, 2022

Our cat Dimond went to the ER and has been hospitalized for four days due to acute inflammation of several organs and now is doing pretty well. His ALT is still high from his bloodwork recheck so he will be on a liver protectant for a while. This is our first time submitting claims on Healthy Paws and the whole process was super easy and quick. Thanks for protecting Dimond and I definitely will recommend healthy paws to friends who also have fur family members!

Original review: May 2, 2022

When our dog was injured, we took her to an orthopedic vet for x-rays and diagnosis. She was diagnosed with a Torn CCL. She needed CCL surgery and will need rehab in a few weeks. Luckily we had Healthy Paws and they paid 80% of her surgery, therapy, medications and x-rays. Well worth the money! I recommend getting their insurance. Easy to place a claim, and reimbursement is sent promptly.

Original review: May 1, 2022

Since we took out pet insurance for our 5 year old Labrador 5+ years ago we have been impressed by Healthy Paws' speedy response to our claims. It couldn't be easier to submit a claim, by email or photo of a vet invoice, and credits are typically turned around within a day or two. Customer Service is excellent too, so we have no hesitation in recommending them to others.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Healthy Paws saved my pup's life. They have been amazing and I recommend them to everyone. It is the best peace of mind when you have pets in your life. I have used other companies and Healthy paws is by far the best.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I have had Healthy Paws Ins for several years and anytime I need them they are there and with 2 labradoodles is more often than I wish! They are always caring, prompt with refunds and professional! I’m so glad they have my boys' back!

Original review: April 27, 2022

My beloved pup recently underwent surgery to remove a malignant tumor from his paw. The team at Healthy Paws processed my claims quickly and sent follow up emails to check on my precious fur baby. The coverage provided through Healthy Paws allowed me to focus on my what is most important...my beloved's recovery.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I’m so pleased with the service that I received from Healthy Paws insurance and I highly recommend this company. I selected Healthy Paws insurance six years ago when I brought home a new puppy. My choice was based on the plan flexibility of changing the deductible and coverage percentage. Families can pick what they can afford. Keep in mind that it’s very expensive to go to the emergency vet clinic, having some coverage is better than none. Healthy Paws fully explains on their site what is covered. Recently my dog was ill and required several trips to the emergency vet. The claims were easy to submit and they kept me informed every step of the way. Reimbursement was in a timely manner and best of all there were no surprises, they covered exactly what was stated.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Reccomand this insurance. They were quick to review the claims and email to check on the pet that just had surgery. They also covered the cost of the procedure as stated by their policy. My dog had ACL surgery and was very costly, so it was great that I could count on the insurance. Also, during the week of surgery, my cat was at the emergency room for three nights, and she is also covered by the insurance. They checked her claim, her vet documentations, and also covered her stay. It is a peace of mind knowing I can keep my pets safe in emergency situations.

Original review: April 25, 2022

My dog had two TPLO surgeries in a year and a half. I chose a plan with 80% reimbursement. The plan covered the surgery, meds and rehab expenses including acupuncture. After submitting the bills, the claims were processed in a couple of days and reimbursement to my bank account a couple days after that. And they emailed me to see how our dogs was. This is an expensive, stressful surgery but having this good insurance gave me peace of mind.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I'm very pleased with my experience! I have to admit I was skeptical about insuring my cats at all as they're usually pretty low maintenance after their kitten phase. I've also heard of so many insurance companies 'claiming' to cover but then not paying out. Boy am I glad I listened to my gut when choosing Healthy Paws!! The plan itself is definitely affordable every month and with a low annual deductible, 90% coverage and no caps or incident limits, it's been worth every penny! One of our fur babies is not even two and became really ill with what seemed to be a bacterial infection with unknown origin. Our vet took care of him and Healthy Paws took care of us! Service was relatively swift and when I had to call in with questions they were helpful and quick to answer. The follow up to check in on how our cat was doing even after they settled the claim was very sweet and shows how stellar their customer service really is!

Original review: April 13, 2022

Our dog came down with a case of bloat overnight on a Sunday evening. She had to be rushed into life-saving surgery at 1 AM and all of the decisions for her care needed to be made immediately. Knowing that she had Healthy Paws insurance took the stress of the cost of the surgery off our plate and allowed us to focus solely on getting her through surgery and recovery. We submitted her claim and received reimbursement within a matter of days and a representative reached out to see how she was doing. Our girl is now happy and healthy and we are so thankful that Healthy Paws was there to help us through this experience.

Original review: April 12, 2022

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance made our decision to take our dog to the emergency room an easy one. Without them we would have had to pay thousands of dollars for her care. They processed our claim within 2 days and even followed up to make sure she was feeling better! I would highly recommend Healthy Paws to anyone looking for pet insurance. The previous insurance we had was the same price but had caps for everything - Healthy Paws is truly there to help when we needed them!

Original review: April 12, 2022

This is a wonderful pet insurance plan. We have had several issues with our little pup early on, and Healthy Paws reimbursed us for a significant portion of all of our out of pocket expenses. The process of submitting a claim couldn't be easier, and they respond immediately and send reimbursements in a very timely manner. I highly recommend!

Original review: April 11, 2022

I have been using Healthy Paws since I adopted my first cat in 2018, and they always provide the quickest response and claim processing. All you need to do is to provide the invoice and the medical records that you get from the vet. They usually process within 10 days, and if you have provided enough documents, there would be no back and forth on the coverage. They always cover as much as they can, and all would list clearly on the claim statement. I adopted a new cat last year, keep choosing Healthy Paws. He was terribly ill last month, but with Healthy Paws, I did not hesitate to take him to the vet and did every exam that we need to save his life. He is now getting better. I filed two claims and both went through quickly. Healthy Paws really support us pets' parents as reliable insurance.

Original review: April 8, 2022

When our dog Dash developed a limp, x-rays showed he may have compressed disks in his spine. The vet recommended an MRI, at $3,500. We knew Healthy Paws would be there for us, so we said yes. Healthy Paws approved the claim and sent reimbursement in days. Best of all, the MRI showed no neurological damage. We couldn't be happier with Healthy Paws.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Fast, reliable, and available on the phone for questions. We never had to be worried about whether Healthy Paws would support us after using them for over a year now across multiple claims. Our dog has had to deal with some complicated health issues and Healthy Paws has delivered on the quality they advertise. Highly Recommend.

Original review: April 5, 2022

My pup and I have been customers since 2017. As a first time pet-parent, I opted for pet insurance, because I wanted my girl to be protected without having to hesitate over the cost of treatment, should serious illness or accident occur. I had compared providers and liked the reviews for Healthy Paws the most. I continue to be happy with my decision. I submit every receipt/invoice from each vet visit (just in case I assume incorrectly that something is not covered) and the Team diligently and patiently reviews all charges, and responds with explanation of what is covered in each case. Already, there have been two bigger-ticket items where the reimbursement exceeded my expectations, with the latest one being worth almost 2 years of our current monthly premiums!

Communication via email has always been more than sufficient in our case, and responses to claims have been clear, timely and pleasant. I can't imagine not having pet insurance and based on my experience, I have been whole-heartedly recommending Healthy Paws to all my friends, coworkers, and our local pet community.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I work for the largest corporate veterinary hospital in the US and as a perk, they subsidize the cost of Trupanion for four pets. Well, as most others in the animal industry know, sometimes you own more than four... I looked at purchasing Trupanion for my new Great Dane puppy as they had been great with the coverage and claims for my other pets and realized the monthly premium was over $160 for my chosen options (90% reimbursement with a $500 deductible).

I remembered a coworker recommending HealthyPaws to our clients and hearing great reviews. I was quoted a monthly premium of $82 for the same $500 deductible and 90% reimbursement plan. Fast forward a year and my puppy suffers a partial CCL tear in his left knee during a competitive field trial. HeathlyPaws has covered his initial diagnostics (radiographs, sports medicine evaluation, surgical evaluation) ($950), 16 weeks of twice weekly cold laser and underwater treadmill/hydrotherapy ($3200), and his eventual TPLO surgery ($6900). He will likely require a few more months of rehab and physical therapy to fully recover and I am confident in the care he will receive knowing we are backed by HealthyPaws and not burdened by such a significant financial impact.

Original review: April 4, 2022

Healthy Paws pet insurance is wonderful! They are always prompt in processing our claims, and we always receive our reimbursement within a week! One less thing to worry about when my pets are sick or injured. I highly recommend Healthy Paws!

Original review: April 3, 2022

I cannot say enough good things about Healthy Paws. We have had 3 French Bulldogs and knowing the issues they tend to have we were advised by our vet to get pet insurance. I cannot recall what initially made us choose Healthy Paws, but I am so glad we did! The submission process is simple, the reimbursement is quick and every employee we have ever dealt with has always been a pleasure. We have been through some rough times regarding health issues with our melonheads and Healthy Paws has always made things a bit easier and less stressful, knowing that we didn't have to worry about financial concerns when doing whatever was needed to care for our four legged sons. Our first major issue sold us for life with Healthy paws.

Our first Frenchie, Rommel, was stricken with encephalitis when he was less than a year and a half old. He went from being a happy, healthy puppy to passing away in just two weeks. He was the love of our lives and as you can imagine, we were completely devastated. We were prepared to do whatever it took to save him, but it was not to be. We racked up about $15,000 in bills trying to save his life and at that point had not really needed to use our pet insurance so we were not sure what to expect. I submitted the bills to Healthy Paws and within a week or so we were reimbursed 90%, no hassles, no red tape, no runarounds. It really helped not having to deal with any insurance issues while struggling to accept our sweet boy was gone in the blink of an eye.

I've heard horror stories from other friends with different pet insurance and couldn't imagine dealing with that on top of grieving as we were at the time. But that isn't even the part that really sold us! About a week after he passed, I finally got around to calling Healthy Paws to cancel his policy. I was literally fighting back tears as I advised them he was no longer with us. The person I spoke to was very empathetic and expressed their condolences. Several days later we received a card in the mail from Healthy Paws. It was a condolence card handwritten by several employees expressing their sympathies for our loss. That pretty much tells you all you need to know about this company. It is not just a business, but also one staffed by people who really care, many pet owners as well.

But the great experiences don't stop there. Over the years our other two Frenchies have had issues such as IVDD and breathing issues which have incurred other costly surgeries. Each time the experience has always been the same. Easy claim submissions, quick reimbursements and nothing but positive experiences with any employee we have ever had contact with. If you have a pet, you really should have pet insurance. If you want the best for not just your pet but also yourself, you need Healthy Paws!

Original review: April 3, 2022

We have been with Healthy Pet for about 5 years now and our Mattis was having a difficult time eating and going to the bathroom. We took him to the vet for xrays and then to the emergency vet for an ultrasound. Was so happy to have pet insurance through Healthy Paws - they paid us back quickly and continued to inquire as to how Mattis was feeling. Pet Insurance is very important to have but having a company that has your back and reimburses you quickly is a comfort. Thank you Healthy Paws! I am so glad to have chosen this company.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Healthy Paws makes claims easy and have a fast response time. They give detailed claims details and any qualified reimbursement is fast. A company that cares for you and your pet. They also have helpful newsletters that provide good information.

Original review: March 30, 2022

This is already my second pet insurance policy with Healthy Paws and they will be my go-to in the years to come. As soon as we adopt a pup we always start the process with Healthy Paws and the application is always so smooth and seamless. Whenever our pups need medical care, Healthy Paws offers convenient ways to submit claims, and their claim review process is always speedy. After my pup needed surgery, they even followed-up to check on him and make sure he was having a successful recovery. Love them!

Original review: March 30, 2022

I have had Healthy Paws insurance for my dog since he was a puppy and is now 7 years old. I have had only good experiences, fast turnaround of claims, and complete support when needed. Highly recommend Healthy Paws when looking for an all encompassing health insurance plan.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I wanted to thank you so much for checking in after my pup was admitted in the hospital a few weeks back! It was a long, scary week for my pup and family. Thankfully he is doing much better. He is on a strict hypoallergenic diet (think Surf and Turf for dogs in terms of the $$$$-ouch!) but he has not had any GI issues for a few weeks so I am hopeful that we figured out the cause-otherwise he needs to go back for more diagnostics-not fun for him or us! Paws crossed we are on the right path! You guys are the best-makes scary times more manageable knowing we are not having to worry about the bill. My other pup also has Healthy Paws (he is 10!) and we have barely had to use it at all but it's well worth it knowing we have it in times like we had with our pup!

Original review: March 28, 2022

So glad I decided to take out insurance policy on my dog Blu with Healthy Paws. Blu has torn his knee ligament in both legs three months apart. Healthy Paws settled my claims without any problems and also very quickly. I wish my own health insurance was this seamless. Highly recommend Healthy Paws.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Our four year old poodle mix has had two TTA surgeries in less than a year. We were amazed at how quick Healthy Paws processed our claims for these two surgeries that totaled $6K each. Before these surgeries, Healthy Paws has always been very prompt with our claims and their website makes posting the claim very easy as well. Healthy Paws Pet Insurance is wonderful and I recommend it to all my friends and family.

Original review: March 25, 2022

I have had a great experience using Healthypaws for 2 pets for many years now - their customer service is 2nd to none and they process claims amazingly fast. The fact they even check on your pet is just unbelievable and in a world where it doesn't seem like anyone has the time, staff or resources to even speak on the phone Healthypaws manages to make you feel as though they are extended family. I am extremely grateful for the services they provide.

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation Company Information