Visit Site

2. Pets
  3. Pet Insurance

4.3/5 (300 ratings)

About Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance offers one type of plan, which keeps the application process simple for customers who need standard coverage. Customers can submit claims online or using the company's mobile app, and it responds to 99 percent of claims within two days.

Pros

• Fast processing
  • No caps on payouts
  • Mobile app
  • Easy-to-understand plan

Cons

• 15-day waiting period
  • Only one plan

Bottom Line

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance makes understanding coverage simple. Healthy Paws only offers one plan, which makes it slightly limiting. However, its mobile app makes the application and claims process simple.

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I have a 7 month old mini-Australian Shepherd named Zoey. I signed up with Healthy Paws Pet Insurance after talking with a neighbor who had this insurance and was happy with it. I also did my own Google searches. So far, we have had three emergencies with Zoey covered by Healthy paws!! I really appreciate the amazing turnaround time on the repayment of costs we pay. I appreciate the concern and quick response the personnel working with Healthy Paws always gives me either by phone or email. This program has been well worth the cost and then some. The rules and what is covered, deductible, etc., are also very well covered in their paperwork.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

When we got our dog Hattie as a puppy five years ago, we signed up for pet insurance thinking “we’ll probably never even use this”. I questioned whether or not the monthly fee was worth it. Well, three surgeries and a lot of money later, I can say for certain that it was. Hattie’s vet bills have totaled $8055 and with Healthy paws, we only actually spent $2424 after being reimbursed, which makes the premium more than worth it. The best part is, I’ve never had an issue with ANY claim. I take a photo of the receipt, submit it, get reimbursed. I wish my own health insurance was that easy! I never wanted to be put in a position where I had to decide if getting my dog the care she needs was feasible or not, and with healthy paws I never ever have to worry.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I have been a Healthy Paws customer with my two dogs for three years. Healthy Paws processes claims with a simple, user friendly process in a very short time. They are always helpful, and even sent a personal message recently to ask how my dog was doing after major surgery for a new cancer diagnosis, which touched my heart. I would recommend them highly to anyone looking for superb service.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

My dog just accidentally swallowed the needle few days ago that she had to have a major surgery to get it out. It costs us total $8,000 for this incident! And it only took 2 days to get reimbursed from Healthy Paws for 90%! If you have any pets, do yourself a favor - GET HEALTHY PAWS insurance!! I couldn’t imagine what we would have gone through without the insurance during this hard time…

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

When I got my puppy I decided to get pet insurance through Healthy Paws because you never know what might happen with a young puppy! I wanted some coverage in case of a major problem that might be beyond the expected issues and expenses. I looked into several insurances and I'm so glad I went with them in the end! At only 7 months old my puppy sadly ended up developing a crippling shoulder problem which could only be fixed by a very expensive surgery. We had chosen a plan with a higher yearly deductible and 90% coverage to applicable issues...I had reached the deductible with applicable vet expenses before the surgery and they truly did cover 90% of the cost - and they repaid us direct deposit in a very short time! It was a tremendous help for our family, especially during such a stressful time.

Although we have put a good amount of money into veterinary care for our puppy it's nothing compared to what it would have been if we didn't have this pet insurance. I highly recommend them, especially for young puppies just starting out. They also have a very easy to use app that made submitting claims unbelievably easy, and the customer service has been fantastic as well! Our puppy has been healing wonderfully from surgery and is already so much happier now that he's not in pain anymore. We are beyond grateful!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

When my dog needed surgery unexpectedly at such a young age I didn't even have to question if it was an option because I knew I was covered by Healthy Paws. They reviewed my claim and provided my reimbursement within a week! Getting pet insurance for your dog is a MUST and Healthy Paws provides affordable options with low monthly payments and deductibles. You never know what unexpected events might occur and having pet insurance makes a very high stress situation much more manageable.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I have a great experience with Healthy Paws and I have been telling all my friends about it! I know medical cost can be expensive thus I bought the insurance the first day I got my puppy. One day, I saw him won't open his left eye and he seems to be in pain. I look at his eye and it's super red. I took him to the vet and he was diagnosed with corneal ulcer.

The doctor gave us some meds and we came back for a follow up visit 10 days later. Unfortunately his eye condition didn't improve. The vet suggested we took him to the ophthalmologist (I didn't even know that there's such thing for pet!!) and sure enough, he needs a surgery. So, we did a surgery on same day...Thankfully he is getting better everyday! The bill was pretty massive for his surgery, but I am glad that I have insurance. From submitting the claim to get my reimbursement check, it has been an easy process with Healthy Paws. I highly recommend you get the insurance to cover you for situation like this. Thank you Healthy Paws!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

They are the best. Period!! Not only did the was the coverage above and beyond what I expected. I received a follow-up email to check on how my dog was doing. I have never experienced this with providers in the past! I have recommended Healthy Paws to all my dog parent friends!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I had thousands of dollars in veterinary bills after my dog came down with severe gastroenteritis and spent two days in the emergency vet hospital. The prices were astronomical but there was nothing I wouldn’t do to ensure my dog got the best care. Healthy Paws gave me a no hassle by the contact reimbursement for all her medical bills in a timely manner and I could not be happier with their service.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

We wanted to share how incredibly happy and grateful we are to have Healthy Paws for our two boxers. Louie, an athletic and active boxer had a neck injury that required both cervical surgery and physical therapy. Healthy Paws even covered his acupuncture and swim therapy. The infrastructure has easy to use electronic submissions and very caring associates.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Our 13 months old puppy, beautiful mischievous girl Paisley ended up in an emergency after developing symptoms of lethargy, fever, loss of appetite, activity over two days..and then again...and again..Over course of 2 months we ended up seeking veterinary help 6 times as Paisley was progressively getting worse, deteriorating in front of our eyes, and no conclusive hypothesis what was wrong.

In the end she ended up hospitalized for 2 and half days at the Sage hospital where incredible team of doctors has done MRI, spinal tap and diagnosed her with autoimmune meningitis. Paisley is now is receiving the treatment she needed, and we have all the hope she will survive and make full recovery....Why is Healthy Paws the best? Cause going through this drama we NEVER, EVER needed to worry will our insurance cover it. NEVER, EVER worry if there some secret loophole. NEVER needed to be forced to choose between paying bills or saving our furry family member. We have submitted our medical bills online, and received the reimbursements in a week. Simple as that. Healthy Paws is the BEST insurance EVER!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I love love love Healthy Paws! Would never be without pet insurance with Healthy Paws! The claim process is quick and easy and reimbursement is made in a timely manner. The staff really does care about your pet and the personal touch they add is most appreciated. I have referred several friends and will continue to do so. ❤️

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I've had Healthy Paws for 3 of my dogs and their customer service has been outstanding. Premiums aren't cheap but neither are the vet bills. It's good to know that when something happens to my dogs, I won't be stressed over the bills. Having to decide if it's financially feasible to get your dog the care it needs is a position that my pet insurance has eliminated. I don't ever want to be in a situation again of having to decide if I can afford the vet care in an emergency. Haven't had any problems with coverage as claims are quickly processed and reimbursements sent in a timely manner.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Healthy Paws has been a lifesaver for my sweet pup Hank. He ate something that got lodged in his intestines and needed 2 different surgeries. Healthy Paws approved both my claims within 48 hours and the checks came within 7 days, plus they checked in with us via email to make sure Hank was ok. I appreciate their fast processing time, friendly CSRs, and the easy-to-use online account. I don't know what I would have done without them.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Our 16 month old Golden needed emergency vet care after ingesting prescription medicine. Needless to say, my invoice was very high. Thank goodness I had Healthy Paws Pet Insurance. They processed my claim and reimbursed me in very little time. Having pet insurance eases your worries when it comes to vet bill emergencies. I highly recommend using healthy paw vet insurance.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I love Healthy Paws Insurance. I have had it for years on all my dogs. Easy to submit claims and prompt reimbursement. If you need to contact a person if you have any questions someone is available with an answer.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

Our puppy - Maple - had to have two knee surgeries. It was extremely easy to submit the claims. The only thing that Healthy Paws needed were her records. It took a little bit to get them because we had gone to two different veterinary clinics. I even received an email from Healthy Paws checking on Maple and to wish her well. Healthy Paws has been the best decision I made.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I took out insurance when we got our puppy and made the reasonable payments for 5 years. Recently our puppy got a serious infection where he could not eat or drink and became listless. When we took him to the Emergency Vet Hospital on a weekend I was shocked at the cost to get him checked out, but I couldn’t care less what the cost was, he’s my little buddy. When I turned in my claims of almost $5000 I was shocked Healthy Paws gave me no issues and sent me a check in about 5 days. They are wonderful.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

We have 2 cats and 1 dog insured with Healthy Paws. Our dog recently had an injury and it was pretty easy to submit a claim. Had to call at some point to talk with customer service and they were super helpful and friendly. Definitely would recommend.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I've had Healthy Paws insurance for my Boston since the first week I adopted her, back in 2018. Not only is the customer service fast and helpful, having this insurance for my dog has saved me literal thousands. I am incredibly grateful to have Healthy Paws pet insurance for her!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Not only does Healthy Paws reimburse you quickly, but the people are caring, concerned & kind. My dog had major surgery & they reached out to ask how she was doing & recovering from it. Never has this been done before from previous companies I've dealt with. Jane

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

After paying for 4 years never having a claim now when I want it to claim $250 ($200 deductible) They found all kind of excuses to deny. They were asking for all the medical records since I have the dog and after I sent it they asked for the same thing 4 more times. When finally I got on phone they asked for the copy of initial mouth and I don't know what medical record what I never had. They said I should of had done but until 4 years later I had no ides. So I was paying and just now they had the face to charge my card again and probably if that medical check is necessary for 4 years I paid for nothing because apparently I am not even legitimate. So I am out of pocket about $2500 for nothing. In my mind it is just a scam.

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation response

Anamaria,

We use a pet's medical records and notes written by the attending veterinarian to determine if there are any pre-existing conditions that would keep us from approving a claim. We appreciate your efforts in sending us your pet's records and were able to cover some of your claims. Our customer care team sent an email outlining what was still needed to process your final claim. Once that has been received, we can move forward with processing. Give your baby a hug from us.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

My cat Fenris would be a few lives short of this side of dirt if I didn't have Healthy Paws. After a previous illness resurfaced I had to take him to three different vets to get him accurately and confidently diagnosed and Health Paws filled my claims very quickly and allowed my fluffy idiot to get back to causing trouble.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

If we didn't have pet insurance, I don't know what we would have done when our dog got so sick and needed treatment. We wouldn't have been able to afford it. I am so grateful that we didn't have to weigh our dog's health against our finances. The customer support and claims department is quick and attentive, I waited less than a week for my reimbursement. It was so easy.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

My Pet recently had full hip replacement surgery. The Healthypaws team was so incredible and helpful with the filing of claims. They responded immediately and follow up several times to check on my dog. Extremely professional and organized team! My sincerest thank you to everyone at Healthypaws!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Healthy Paws has been wonderful insurance for medical care for my dogs. The site is easy to use. The reimbursement is extremely prompt. Customer service is very responsive as well. Healthy Paws is definitely a worthwhile investment. Would highly recommend.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

We had to recently go to his vet and an animal hospital for emergency treatment. Healthy Paws quickly reviewed our case and receipts. The reimbursement check was quickly sent so we were without funds only for a brief period of time. Great experience.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Easy to submit claims, super fast reimbursement (same day even with direct deposit!). Many conditions covered, the only thing I wish was also covered was preventative dental. My policy has paid for itself 2 years in a row. Very smart choice!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

When our dog suddenly lost function of rear legs we luckily found an emergency vet on the weekend that called in neurologist for emergency surgery. Having Healthy Paws made worrying about the unforeseen financial impact a non issue. They even personally followed up to see how he was recovering. Very easy platform to use with the app, take picture of invoice and 2 days later direct deposit for covered amount. No hoops to jump through or typical insurance claim problems. We are so lucky to have found Healthy Paws and highly recommended.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Submitting the claims were very simple. I got reimbursed very quickly. They also followed up with me to see how my dog was doing. Very considerate and caring people/company. Having a policy is worth the peace of mind. The billing receipt are clear and you know what exactly is being covered and the percentage of reimbursement.

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation Company Information