Visit Site

2. Pets
  3. Pet Insurance

4.2/5 (191 ratings)

About Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance offers one type of plan, which keeps the application process simple for customers who need standard coverage. Customers can submit claims online or using the company's mobile app, and it responds to 99 percent of claims within two days.

Pros

• Fast processing
  • No caps on payouts
  • Mobile app
  • Easy-to-understand plan

Cons

• 15-day waiting period
  • Only one plan

Bottom Line

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance makes understanding coverage simple. Healthy Paws only offers one plan, which makes it slightly limiting. However, its mobile app makes the application and claims process simple.

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Easy to submit claims, super fast reimbursement (same day even with direct deposit!). Many conditions covered, the only thing I wish was also covered was preventative dental. My policy has paid for itself 2 years in a row. Very smart choice!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

When our dog suddenly lost function of rear legs we luckily found an emergency vet on the weekend that called in neurologist for emergency surgery. Having Healthy Paws made worrying about the unforeseen financial impact a non issue. They even personally followed up to see how he was recovering. Very easy platform to use with the app, take picture of invoice and 2 days later direct deposit for covered amount. No hoops to jump through or typical insurance claim problems. We are so lucky to have found Healthy Paws and highly recommended.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Submitting the claims were very simple. I got reimbursed very quickly. They also followed up with me to see how my dog was doing. Very considerate and caring people/company. Having a policy is worth the peace of mind. The billing receipt are clear and you know what exactly is being covered and the percentage of reimbursement.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

When my dog tore his CCL and was told he had to have major knee surgery to correct it, I was nervous about being able to pay for it. Thankfully the claim process with Heathy Paws was so easy and they responded very quickly and reimbursed me for the costs of his surgery. It was such a relief to not worry about the financial concerns of surgery and to be able to get him the help he needed!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Vet sent dog to a surgeon. Surgeon needed to confirm the dog's issue before surgery. Healthy Paws refused to pay for the visit. What surgeon would operated before knowing what surgery they were performing? They say they do not pay for any exams.

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation response

Nea - We're sorry your dog needed surgery. We do our best to be transparent regarding the limited exclusions of our policy. Those exclusions are pre-existing conditions, preventative/routine care and the office visit fee (vet exam, emergency exam, recheck or consultation). By making these limited exclusions part of the pet parent's financial responsibility, it allows us to offer a complete accident and illness plan. We hope your baby makes a complete recovery.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

We got two kittens back in March. We signed them up for pet insurance and were approved in April. The kittens are now nine months old, active, lively, healthy. Until 2 1/2 weeks ago, when my kitten, Quill, stopped eating, was sleeping all day and couldn’t use the bathroom. We took him to our family vet. He needed x-rays, was sent to an emergency vet for an ultrasound, and needed IV fluids three times. Each time we went to the doctor's office I received an invoice. I was so happy that Healthy Paws was so easy to work with. The invoices were easy to update to their system, they were prompt in their replies and prompt in letting me know that our claims had been paid. It was so helpful to focus more on getting my little kitten feeling better and not having to worry about how we were going to make ends meet to pay for his vet visits. So far I have to say this is an amazing company to be working with and I’m so thankful.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I've been able to consistently give my pup the medical care he needs because of Healthy Paws' amazing service and coverage. My dog recently needed to have emergency surgery to save his eye and the bill was more expensive than my own Lasik surgery, which was in both eyes! Insurance is a must, especially with pets that require a bit more care. Healthypaws is extremely quick with processing claims and they always reach out if anything is missing or needed. So grateful for them!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

My Golden Retriever had double ACL surgery two weeks ago on his back legs. Within 24 hours of submitting the invoice, Healthy Paws had deposited an 80% payment directly into our checking account. They have to be the best pet insurance out there!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I have always been very very happy with the quick response of Healthy Paws Pet Insurance to my claims, with the concern that they demonstrate for my pet's well-being, and the overall affordability and comprehensive nature of their plan. My dog has had several serious surgical experiences and Healthy Paws has always showed concern and willingness to be of assistance however they are able.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance has been a blessing as we begin the healing process from TPLO surgery on our pup. We submitted a claim and within 3 days it was reviewed and the reimbursement was in our bank account. They kindly followed up with a personal email inquiring on our pup. I have always had the best experience with them when the unfortunate need arises to use the Vet!!

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation Company Information