2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

4.1/5 (55 ratings)
Shop Now on Chewy

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Eukanuba Dog Food

For years Eukanuba has provided high quality, nutritious dog food to families around the globe. Every piece of our kibble was designed to give mans best friend the nutrients they need and a flavor they will love.

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Eukanuba Dog Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eukanuba Dog Food?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eukanuba Dog Food?

Original review: July 16, 2017

I have a Border Collie puppy. I collected him from the breeder, on a diet of Eukanuba puppy at 8 weeks, now 12 weeks old. He keeps getting a runny tummy. He is under vet supervision, up to date with all jabs, etc. I am not convinced of these dry dog foods, also he is getting a dry coat. I used to breed Great Danes, and have owned many dogs over the years, and have had similar problems in the past with "quality dry dog foods." Am considering to change my puppy over to a BARF, approved diet, with consultation with the vet.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

I have had my two mini Schnauzer girls on Eukanuba since they were 3 months old when I got them. They have thrived up 'til now. On Friday night Sugar threw up all her dinner. Spice then threw up some. Saturday they would sniff their bowls and turn away. They would not even consider eating it although they were hungry. Sunday morning I made them oatmeal and scrambled eggs for breakfast. They gobbled it up, but still would have nothing to do with the Eukanuba. Monday, I made rice with chicken and vegetables for them and they gobbled it up. We have had no more throwing up. They are still not interested in the Eukanuba - now I'm not sure what to do. Was it a bug, was it the dog food???

Original review: April 24, 2016

My sister bought Eukanuba dog food for our four puppies. During the first three days, the puppies were eating the dog food with no problems. It was during the fourth day that two puppies started vomiting and stopped eating. Then the following day, the other two puppies didn't vomit but refused to eat. We tried replacing their food and thank goodness they're back to eating well up until this time. Maybe they're allergic with something in the Eukanuba.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2016

I have purchased the Eukanuba large breed puppy food for years. Recently in the last 4-5 months the bag contains worms and rodent feces in it. Sometimes this was not discovered until my dogs have eaten the food already. Can I get it recalled?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

We tried other foods for our 5.5 lb Pomeranian. He loves it, and it is very easy to keep his weight where it should be with it. Use the Small Breed Grain Food. Tried other canned foods. But often the main ingredient is WATER!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

My experience with Eukanuba is confirmed over the last 10 yrs. It's not the cheapest dog food out there for a reason. My 4.7 lb Chihuahua loves it. It is so tailor made concerning the breed, size and age. I wasn't shopping for the cheapest dog food, I was shopping for the best for my best friend. He's over 11 yrs. old now but gets around like 3 yr. old. If you hold your dog in the highest regard like I do mine. Get it for them, you never regret it. It is getting harder to find it, I have to special order it and it's a shame. There are vets that will tell what I just did. If they aren't getting a sales commission to sell something else.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

Great dog food and good nutrition for our dog. Easy to find and prefer it as a premium dog food over other brands. Other dog foods have fillers and tend to upset our dog's stomach.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2014

My chihuahua has haven't been eaten, and lethargic. About a week ago, he vomited. I didn't think anything about it until he has stopped eating his food and only drinks water. He lays all day. I remember hearing that some dog treats were recalled, but I didn't think much about it because my dog hasn't had any treats. I thought I look into it because I recently changed my dog's food. I searched online and found that Eukanuba recalled some of their dogs foods because it may contain salmonella. This is the dog food they recalled. Chihuahua Adult 4 LB Lot # 31884177 UPC # 19014607037 Best Before 7 Nov 14.

I checked the lot number. It didn't match with the one I purchased. I am concern because the food was recalled. I also bought the food around the time of the recall. The dog food that I purchased had the following information. Chihuahua Adult 4 LB Lot # 31434177 UPC # 19014607037 Best Before 23 SEP 14. I have discarded the food dog as instrumented. I will take my dog to the vet to be looked at. I will try to get a refund from the Pet Club Store in Hayward, CA where I bought the dog food.

Original review: April 5, 2010

I bought (unknowingly, of course) contaminated dog food and treats (biscuits) that sent a litter of pups into critical condition within a matter of 45 minutes. It started with a 5 month old that I rushed to an emergency animal hospital with clinical signs. I was unaware at the time of how serious the situation was. The 5-month old was the only one at the time who was getting the really bad contaminated biscuits. A few days later, I started giving the biscuits to the 6 1/2 week old pups, along with the puppy food (all products purchased within 14 days and a due date of Nov. 2010 and April 2011).

There were worms crawling around on my hand after I reached in to get the biscuits; same situation when I reached in to dispense the food. More than $7000 later, the puppies are now stable, needing prescription food, 3 weeks of antibiotics, and have to stay here longer (more cost to me) and more tests for clearing. They contracted a very serious intestinal bacteria infection from the contamination. The vet was finally able to get in touch with the company's doctor who claimed that the food infestation does not cause this kind of reaction.

My vet team confirmed with the Certified Board of Vet Team that this was the only explanation of such rapid, near death infection. This caused critical condition (ICU treatment) for 15 puppies, prescription food for puppies (16 minus the 6-month old), medications for 16 pups; 5 loads of laundry a day with cleaning supplies to ensure no new bacteria spread, hired help, gasoline for 3 vehicles back and forth. Receipts (so far) total $7866 with receipt total still awaiting for weekly cultures.

Original review: March 21, 2007

I am writing to you because I am almost certain that my dog may have died from eating this tainted dog product. I am the surviving owner of a PURE BREED

Dogue De Bordeaux better known as a French Mastiff, named Baggy whom we were forced to and with our deepest sadness had to put down last year on 3/16/06. It is the strangest thing that we just mourned the 1 year death of our dog Baggy who we treated l of our kids. Its very shocking how this news comes exactly 1 year to the date of our dogs demise.

We purchase our dog from a certified Breeder on approx 9/1/02, he was born on 6/9/02 of a royal blood line in terms of canines. I certified our dog with the American Kennel Club on 9/25/02 His certification # is WR068995/01, his parent are Ramond De La Seigneu Cert #WR024289/01 and Northlands Philanoe #WP968631/03. He was current and up to date on all vaccinations, and was in fine condition at age 4 years. He weighed approx 150 lbs. As you can tell he was no small animal. Then one day in late january he began to act strangely. He stopped getting up and coming to the door when I came in which everyone who ever met my dog knows that he was my shadow, and he began to sleep all the time his gait became unsteady and he began to drink enormous amounts of water, while his food intake steadily declined. I had my husband take him to the vet for the first time I believe on 2/18/06 where he was given an IV for dehydration an ultrasound, xrays, catheter an other medical intervention and a1-6 hour overnight in ICU all to the tune of $973.00.

When my Baggy dog came home he looked a little less tired and at least wagged his tail a little bit. We received a call from the vet that our dog now weighed 130lbs, had splenomegaly (enlarged spleen) and enlarged lymph/prescapula nodes amongst other things. He was given prescription meds zantac and released to us. That was the beginning of the end for my Baggy Dog. I began surfing the internet going to the library trying to get a handle on what was happening to my dog so suddenly. Within 24 hrs our dog was unable to hold his urine, could not eat and would vomit every time he took a swallow of water so we return to a larger veterinary office which the first emer vet referred us who again administered IV fluids etc.. but this time did more extensive testing blood work included, which came up to $873.00.

We were told that our dog possibly Canine Lymphoma and would need a biopsy, and definitely was in renal failure. All of this in approx 2 mths with a 4 year old pure breed animal all of a sudden so we contacted the breeder to check on our Baggy's siblings all who were placed with other families throughout NYC and the rest of the countries and not one of the other dogs were having these issues. After the biopsy/other tests our dog was returned to us with the following clinical assessments: Lymphoma, Hypercalcemia, Renal failure-r/o hypercalcemic nephropathy, renal lymphoma.

Our Baggy dog was prescribed Prednisone, Pepcid AC, and told that this medication would be dispensed for supportive therapy which may provide immediate relief, but will be short lived. Over the next few weeks we continued to watch our sweet Baggy dogs decline until he struggled and finally could barely get to his feet, and he could not even bend over to get a sip of water so we elevated his bowls but he only threw it up 2 min later, so I began to take a 8oz bottle and hand feed him the water, he stopped eating completely so the meds were impossible to administer, and then he began to urinate every few minutes everywhere.

We couldn't sleep at night for fear and we had to get up every few minutes to let him outside. My daughters school work started suffering, no one could rest. Then one day our big beautiful dog who had previously been a house dog and my shadow went outside and stayed in this little corner on the side of our home staring into space and I tried to coax him in but he couldn't even stand and I knew that he was waiting to die. I spoke with my husband and we agreed it was time to let him go that we couldn't allow him to suffer anymore or us. So the next day (3/16/07) when I was on my way to work and the girls were at school, my husband called my cel and said that he was taking the dog in before we got home to be put down as we agreed and he didn't want us to be there. I panicked and turned around and came home to say my goodbyes, I had my husband wait until our girls got home from school so they could do the s/a.

Needless to say I realize the length of this letter, However this animal was like one of my children, I know that he would give his life for me.... so I feel compelled to tell you what he went through, also I understand that a lot of other animals have passed away and we want them to Know that we that we the ** family can and do relate. When you think that you're feeding your animal the best, like you feed your children the best and you follow the vets advice and the breeders advice in terms of the best food for an animal like this (Eukanuba) then you have to wonder if you unknowingly made the animal suffer and die and that holds a heavy guilt particularly for me because I was that person to bathe, feed, clip his nails, clean ears/teeth and all of that. So I just wanna be clear in my heart as to what happened to my dog, as he was like my child.....

To end this letter I pray that all of these tainted products are caught and removed from the consumers homes and markets across this country. It's a shame when we live in an age where you're afraid to buy dog food, peanut butter, lettuce, taco bell, or even to vaccinate your child for fear of being poisoned by some preservative, or product enhancing substance to these entities can continue to get rich!

Eukanuba Dog Food Company Information