1.43/5

55 Touch of Modern Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2018

I ordered from Touch of Modern not too long ago for the first time and I loved it. Everything I ordered was great. They have awesome prices too and I had a great experience. However, they should do more sales. But I have told many people about the company and the services and a few of my friends have already placed orders.

Original review: July 1, 2018

It was easy to use the website to place an order. They have plenty of colors and a variety of good quality products to choose from and they last a long time. Good value for the price of the products and convenient to get right to your home. But they should have more allergy free stuff and more of a variety of products and offer better packaging on them. Also, time to receive the packages should be quicker and have a time frame of less than a week. They should have a free demo product in every kit too and offer more free gifts when spending more money on a item or incentives like buy one get one free. But overall I am pretty happy about Touch of Modern. They seem to have good reviews from customers and the contact number is easily found. Get a money back refund if not happy with any of the products purchased anytime and usually in stock and shipped right away.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I was looking for a one of a kind gift to purchase when I ran into this site. I purchased the West Coast Firepit and it's absolutely gorgeous and such a perfect gift for a man. I like that I can find one of a kind new items that I cannot get anywhere else. I like that their website is simple and clean looking. It's very easy to navigate. They do an excellent job with everything. I just wish I could afford it all because some of the items are expensive but definitely worth it.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I like that this amazing company is easy to use and it delivers boxes very fast. It got what it takes to be a good company and compared this company with others, it is one of the best. However, sometimes this website does not have on the stock the product that I need. And sometimes the website is complicated to use, but then I can get used easily. My overall experience with Touch of Modern is interesting and it saved me a lot of time to do other things, that what I love of buying online. My experiences are always good because it has changed the way I can buy.

Original review: June 26, 2018

They have fast shipping and reliable products. Their products are high-quality and very well worth the prices that I pay for them. Easy searches for products as well. I wish their descriptions and user comments as reviews would be more relatable. I dislike trying to use their shopping cart feature. More pictures are needed of their products to get a better idea of what they look like. I thoroughly enjoyed shopping through their website because it makes my time go by fast and I enjoy buying the items that they sell. They make checkout a breeze using different accepted forms of payment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Touch of Modern?

Original review: June 22, 2019

Poor quality products. I have made several purchases from TOM and have had more issues with the quality of the products than I have been satisfied. Customer Service is poor, shipping is often slow, and many items are off condition or has been stored poorly (overheated warehousing). Buyer definitely beware. I have deleted the app and unsubscribed from everything.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Leave while you can. Greedy poor customer service and total ripoff....never buy anything here or you're stuck with their crap and lies and so many complaints....I have 142 agents and we are all leaving and never buying again.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I purchased two pairs of hiking style shoes. The sizes were way off, so I opted to send them back. They give you one lousy week to send back an item and no money return. I paid the shipping and sent them back to the address they were shipped from. The morons told me they can’t find the shoes so I don't even get in house credit. The order number and all info was on the boxes I shipped back. Amazing how idiots like these stay in business. I’m out over $100. It won’t happen again. This is what you get when you put a female in charge.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I used to visit ToMo religiously, until I realized that their prices often weren't better than what was available on Amazon, who has infinitely better customer service + shipping time. The best thing to do is to use it as a "Pinterest board" and then go and find the product elsewhere to purchase. Also, hopefully you won't be required to deal with their customer service, because it's horrific. They don't stand behind their product and you'll often end up incurring additional costs.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I'd have to say that Touch of Ancient, I mean Modern, is the worst shipping I have ever seen. I went through a season and 3 different facial hair styles before I was even notified that my order shipped. I think they must be using a horse drawn carriage or possibly a dude on a recumbent bike to get my stuff here. 4 weeks for something located in the United States is what would be acceptable maybe in the early 19th century.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Their size charts don't reflect the actual size of the clothes. You will get random sizes. Some of them are too long, loose, or tight. I tried to get a refund for the clothes that didn't match the sizes but they only gave me store credit. They said they are not able to give me a refund. Who would want to shop at a place that has inconsistent size chart? Please be careful. Make sure you read the return policy for each item you purchase on this website.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I ordered the versatile charger on April 19th from Touch of Modern (TOM). I feel that their shipping policy is extreme. Telling a customer that the item being ordered will ship in 3 -5 weeks from the order date is outrageous, and after waiting for the item to be shipped and delivered, there is no return is ridiculous. If the items are not in the US and this is the reason for the 3-5-week ship, the customer should be made aware of that. This could also be the reason why there is no return.

After ordering the item mentioned above, about two weeks later I started receiving emails from the FedEx Manager and each day for a week the FedEx tracking stated that it would be delivered by 8 pm. I am familiar with the location of TOM, and a customer shouldn’t have to wait 3-5 weeks before an item is shipped only for it to take another week to receive a package once a shipping company such as FedEx to deliver it to a location that is only 216 miles away from TOM.

I do not anticipate ordering from Touch of Modern in the future. Most of the items I have ordered can be found on Amazon, and they are returnable. The items on Amazon may cost a little more, but it’s worth it to eliminate the shipping frustration and getting stuck with an item that does not meet your expectations. Great innovative products, but poor shipping and return policies.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Prior to signing with TOM I managed a clean and effective private email account that was used purely for important matters and online purchases. Never did I give it to advertisers etc. I had pretty much a zero junk email problem. Gave my email to TOM as its a members only website and I figured I could opt out of anything I didn't want/need. I now receive 200+ junk emails a day most of which I have managed to block but still 10-20 get through to my personal inbox. Took a look round the site prior to the email issue and saw nothing on there would deem exclusive, exotic or unable to be procured from eBay or Amazon. Fortunately never ordered from them and never would. If you are serious about men's luxury items, check out mrporter.com.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I've bought roughly 15 products and... I have received them all. Yes it takes around a month to arrive, but they always arrive. One time a charging cord malfunctioned and they credited my account the cost of the cord. I've bought knives, a watch, some speakers, sneakers and multiple other gadgets, and I will continue to do so. I give them 3 out of 5 stars because of the long wait to receive merchandise. Beau from NYC.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I placed an order for two knives February 14th, 2019. It is now April 19th, 2019. I still have received no product that I have almost $400 spent on. Spoke to customer service five or six times. Items were suppose to ship on April 4th. When I call customer service they state that one is coming tomorrow which was a week ago, and the other knife which was listed as American-made has not been shipped from Pakistan yet. Please go elsewhere for your items, they may look nice and have a good price but it's not worth the aggravation that this company causes you. Customer Service is terrible, untrustworthy, and unprofessional... NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I ordered this Hippie NANO as a gift with the description titling it as a Vape. It even described putting in “favorite juices.” When I actually got the package, it reads “NOT for ejuice use.” So I contacted them immediately and they told me that they were not going to refund me, couldn’t. And they did not respond back to me after I asked them what to do. They did not compensate me anything whatsoever. Now I am stuck with this little device that does absolutely no good. Nobody wants it. It is STILL brand new and untouched. Sitting in the package.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Ordered two "3D Lamps" - one was the wrong style even though the box stated otherwise. Neither lamp worked - checked the adapters (which were European style plugs with US adapters) neither worked... Last purchase was last purchase.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I ordered 2 sets of bed in a bag - one full and one twin. When they finally arrived, each set fit in the exact same sized box. I cannot believe how they fit a full size comforter plus sheets, pillow cases, skirt, etc in a 17" x 9.5" box. They are complete junk. I would never recommend buying. I wish I checked out their reviews prior to purchasing as it states FINAL SALE. Extremely dissatisfied.

Original review: April 12, 2019

These people have the worst customers support. I've been trying to return a damaged $1100 watch winder and have a week of runaround. If you check around their prices aren't that great and not worth all the ** of dealing with their incompetent and clueless staff. Run, not walk, away from this website.

Original review: April 6, 2019

This item ships from china. 30 days from order to delivery. This camera sells on Amazon with 2nd day shipping. Touch of Modern has a no return policy. Would not have ordered it if I had noticed the shipping or return policy before the order finalized. Last order for me.

Original review: April 3, 2019

It takes forever to get the items to start with!! Their "discount" isn't really a discount & most items can be found easily anywhere for about the same price minus the frustration! SOOO many items are only refundable for store credit, stores that really don't have much to offer & their final sale items, no matter how expensive they are WILL NOT BE RETURNED, ever! Unless they were damaged or something but how awful is that?! And their customer service is helpless, so don't even bother. I pulled the trigger despite all the bad reviews everywhere on the web, hoping I would be the lucky one but I was so wrong, don't make my mistake & save your money!

Original review: March 31, 2019

I’ve bought several things from Touch of Modern that have either arrived broken or have shown up as an incomplete order. Though it sounds completely trivial to me, I ordered 2 candles with a wide square base. They were supposed to come with trays to sit them in when burning. No trays. Ok. So I ask for the trays and at this point have been told about four different things. The weird thing is when corresponding with customer service the emails just stop on their end. I write, "Can someone tell me what’s going on?" And I get an email back saying the complaint was funneled into my first original complaint.

I then try and write back again (and this is over 2 weeks time), I’ve found out that they have turned my customer support ability OFF on my account. Lol. They’ve basically given up trying to help me. I just wanted an answer. Maybe I should’ve just called. Ya know the feeling of texting someone, you know they have received the text, but they ignore you?? Yea. That!! We live in a different time I guess.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I purchased the Whiplash Lamp for my son's home, which is Modern and Sleek. The lamp is the quality of something from the Dollar Store. I then find out that I can not get my money back. I took this cheap item and threw it in the Toy Box!!

Original review: March 20, 2019

Very bad customer experience while checking on the status of my order while it was pending for over 5 weeks. I was really looking forward to receiving my order and after waiting for an extended period of time customer service canceled my order... I sent several email/inquiries to find out why this happened - nothing, unresponsive! But I did get every email wanting me to buy more!!! It’s a shame to have such poor service when buying “high end products”... Buyer beware!

Original review: March 13, 2019

Shoe size was too small - they make it impossible to return or exchange!!! They would not help you with an exchange for the right size. The shipping times are long waits - the overall experience is the worst.

Original review: March 4, 2019

This company is absolutely horrible to deal with. They have no return policy. If you purchase something you're stuck with it. Also, they are just up-selling you on items they purchase from other vendors. You can Google search anything they are selling and almost always find it for cheaper. Don't waste your money on the middle man with a flashy website. That is all they are. I bought a watch. It was not the item I believed it to be (size was different than stated on the listing) and they will not accept any returns.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

The items you purchase may take up to 2 months to deliver. If you change your mind, even after one minute of placing an order, you will not be able to cancel - even though the product wont ship in next 30 days. None of the advertised sizes fit as described and I ended up returning almost everything. It takes them FOREVER to process the return. Meanwhile, the product you are interspersed in is sold out and you cant simply use your credit for a larger or smaller size. No, when finally get your credit, you are back on square one. You must find another piece of clothing and pray it will fit. Other way around you find yourself in this vicious cycle that never ends!

PS - Even though the product was received by their staff member I was still not offered a store credit (they dont believe in refunds). I tried contacting customer service which turned out being glorified voicemail box, saying "we cant be reached at the moment - please leave a message". Emailing customer service wont get you to closer to the answers either. Check Google pricing on every item before buying it here. Pricing is the same.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

This company has nothing on stock, it is just a website to capture orders and send them to the vendor. It takes forever, weeks before your overpaid product even ships. Most products are non-returnable. Really, buy something like a banged up Rolex watch, no guarantee, not refundable? All these products can be found cheaper in a 5 min Google exercise, especially watches, wines and other expensive items.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

The point of contact that fits into the iPhone immediately slips out. Therefore, there is absolutely NO WAY this $40!!!! Charger (by the time you add “shipping and handling”) was EVER going to work. It took forever for both of the items I ordered to get to me. One item I liked, which is a shame because I will NEVER do business with Touch of Modern again. This company DOES NOT stand by the products they promote, which I suspected from their terms for returns before I ordered. But don’t be stupid like me. Touch of Modern should have BOLDLY written BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK - WE DON'T GIVE REFUNDS. At best they’ll give you a “store credit”, but they REFUSED even that - despite being purchased for Christmas AND a death in my family. Horrible.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I purchased a drone for my son who has a large drone collection. He charged and installed the battery - the drone rose into the air, ran for less than (approximately) five minutes (we didn't time it) and landed. He tried again, timing less than three minutes. We changed the batteries - same song second verse. We called the company and were told "sorry no returns". It does come with two batteries - neither of which hold a charge. JUNK!!!

Touch of Modern Company Information