3.8/5 (224 ratings)

About Touch of Modern

Touch Of Modern is an online store that specializes in men’s products. Customers can browse the online store to find gifts and gadgets for men, including clothing, accessories, watches and high-tech gadgets. Touch Of Modern’ breaks its products down into four main categories: Watches, Home, Tech and Fashion.

Pros

• Multiple categories
  • Luxury items
  • Discount name brand products

Cons

• Shipping can be delayed
  • Products can be pricey

Bottom Line

Touch of Modern caters to modern millennial men. It is an expansive online store that specializes in tech, fashion, watches and home accessories for men.

Top Touch of Modern Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I like that this amazing company is easy to use and it delivers boxes very fast… My overall experience with Touch of Modern is interesting and it saved me a lot of time to do othe...

Verified

I like all the different items they sale. I could be on here all day, looking at all the things they offer. They have such a wide selection. There's something for everyone. I love...

What is Touch of Modern?

A Touch of Modern’s primary audience is professional millennial men. The company strives to put together a comprehensive collection of products that are not easily found at traditional retailers, and it continually adds new items. Touch Of Modern is a membership-only site, but there is no cost for membership — you just need to provide an email address.

Once you create an account, you can browse the hundreds of different items on the online store. The website is designed to work seamlessly on computers or mobile devices. You can easily view and track your order status on the website, orders cannot be canceled or modified once they are made because the company works with specialty vendors.

If you are unhappy with a product, you can return it for a refund or store credit. Clearance items and some items that are marked “final sale” cannot be returned.

Products have different shipping times based on where they’re coming from and how long the product takes to make and deliver.

Touch of Modern prices

Touch Of Modern’s goal is to offer high-quality, designer and name-brand products for deeply discounted rates. It consistently runs sales on individual products, and you can tell when a sale is ending by clicking on each product. Below are some examples of the products that the company offers and its discounted rates:

• Falcon leather jacket: $160
  • Dunhill ready-to-wear men’s apparel: $99
  • Assorted California wines: $69
  • Versus by Versace watch:  $119

Touch of Modern FAQ

Who owns Touch of Modern?
Jerry Hum is the co-founder and CEO of Touch of Modern.
How does Touch of Modern make money?
Touch Of Modern partners with designers and quality manufacturers to receive items in bulk. The company then sells them for discounted rates.
Is the Touch of Modern app free?
Yes. The Touch of Modern app and membership is free. The membership allows the e-commerce store to keep its prices low by tracking membership.
Does Touch of Modern ship to Canada?
Some items can be shipped to Canada, but others, such as knives, cannot be sold internationally.
What does Touch of Modern sell?
Touch of Modern sells tech gadgets, home accessories, watches, fashion and unique accessories.
Where is Touch of Modern located?
Touch Of Modern’s headquarters are in San Francisco, but it ships to all 50 states. Many products can be shipped to Canada.

Is Touch of Modern legit?

Touch Of Modern is a legitimate company that has been in business since 2012. The company targets millennial males and sells a variety of products, including clothing and gadgets. The company requires membership, but becoming a member is free. The company’s product quality can vary because it works with multiple vendors, but its low prices and extensive inventory make it worth checking out.

Touch of Modern Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Touch of Modern?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

The watches this company sells are fake and are not shipped from the manufacturers. The watches this company sells are fake and are not shipped from the manufacturers. The watches this company sells are fake and are not shipped from the manufacturers. Really not much else to say.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

I placed an order for an artisan lightbulb the other day (10/10/22). I realized within minutes after placing the order that I had picked the wrong item. I tried to request that the order be cancelled - but there is no option for that. Their FAQ states -"Touch of Modern works with our vendors daily to ensure production and delivery of orders as quickly as possible. This process starts from the moment our customers place an order. That means it’s not possible for us to cancel or modify an order, but it’s also how we’re able to provide great products at steeply discounted prices. Please make sure you are aware of any return policy prior to making your purchase."

Well - I will tell you that this is not communicated when placing an order - and I find it quite amazing that they are so fast, they can't possibly stop an order (They aren't - I've ordered from them before and you can bet there's no rush anywhere in the process. I should have learned from experience.) Additionally - if you price check their products, you'll be hard pressed to find any of their products 'steeply discounted'. This is simply another slick looking web page/company promising 'a curated collection of products' hawking other producers goods at inflated prices. They're here for your money, not to provide service or support. Steer clear of this one, it's a 'Touch' questionable at best.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

First time purchase at this site. Will be my last. I've contacted them and they answer with fluff. Cookie cutter replies. My product was supposed to ship in 1 day. It's been over a week and they know nothing.. They have no idea when my product is gonna ship!! I asked exactly where my product was and they replied with "if it doesn't ship by the 29th, let us know." Huh? You don't know where it is or when it can get shipped?? Even though I complained they still have the same watch advertised and they don't even have them. It's fraud!! Bogus sales tactics.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

I've been a customer for over 4 1/2 years. To be honest, I never had an issue until this past year. They have been TOTALLY late on my orders (months!) and when I have the option to cancel the order, they tell me, "NO, sorry you cannot." Even though I purchased it several months ago and the shipping time stated 1-2 weeks or 2-3 weeks. I ordered these particular items for Birthday gifts, Fathers Day, etc..., So since they never arrived, I ordered something else on Amazon or whatever... Fortunately, those other sites are reliable. Touch of Modern ALWAYS blames it on the vendor or some other lame excuse. Now I'm stuck with the original cost and extra items that I no longer need. Piss poor company now. I don't know what has happened, but it is inexcusable.

Original review: July 12, 2022

I waited several years watching for something I just had to have. I made a purchase about 2 and half weeks ago. The jewelry I wanted was supposed to be delivered in 7-14 days*. Day 13 I sent another message, no response! I called my Credit Card company to let them know Touch of Modern is not making any attempt to keep me informed on my order! And I saw some bad reviews in various places with the same issue I was having!

After I talked to my CC company they sent a email answering my 12! day Old email about the sales tax and nothing else. Today I got a email saying they cancelled the order with no explanation! I'm pretty sure it's because my bank took the money back after reading the reviews I saw! They are definitely watching their Bank Account but don't have time for the customers' question? Like why hasn't my order shipped? They have a no refund policy but you have to actually send a customer what they paid for within the promised Time or let them know there's a delay to enforce this! You can't just leave them hanging! Not good a business practice.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Vendors are not being paid and merchandise will not get shipped. Assets being liquidated. Company site not giving this information and unlikely orders placed now will be filled. I would not buy from them.

Original review: May 17, 2022

So I've been a ToM customer for about 8 years. While I likely only make a purchase or two a year I browse the site daily and when I have ordered an item, the transactions have gone smoothly until most recently. For those of you who don't know, ToM most often acts as an intermediary...they list products at a discount, accumulate sales, then order the products from their supplier, repackage them and send them out. In this instance, I ordered a product and got an update saying it would be shipped by April 11th.

I follow up a week or so later and get a generic reply that shipping delays are the cause, be patient. Follow up again another week later...am told it will be shipped within the week. Follow up again and get told my request is being escalated. Wait another week and get told they are treating my shipment as lost, how would I like my refund.

Thing is, I don't want a refund...I want my product...and I tell Zach (the CSR) that I expect my product, that I know they don't carry extras but I'm sure their supplier does...I don't care about their cost...they sold me the item, they received it from their supplier and they lost the product I paid for. I know Zach likely can't authorize the extra cost that product will likely cost ToM...so he better bump it up the line until it gets to someone who can.

Four days later I get a carbon copy of the first email... I then provide a more thorough explanation of what I expect...it's not rocket science...ToM sold me an item they received and then lost. Their supplier still has stock though maybe not at the discount they'd received earlier...that's their problem, I expect my purchase. 3 days later, still no response. Which is complete and utter ** as it's currently a month and a half after the initial shipping estimated date.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Ordered an original art from Touch of Modern. Said it would ship in two to three weeks. LIE!! Spent $918.00 for nothing. It has been two months and no updates or excuse for the delay. Can't even talk to a real person! Literally 10-12 emails asking for information and no response other than a generic email "escalating" my complaint. I even asked for a refund and no response, but they will email me every day about the "new" sales they are having. Customer Service is nonexistent. It's like they took my money and disappeared. Had to finally ask my credit card company to go get my money. Still waiting on that. Please don't let my mistake be yours. This company is either way in over their head or they are outright scammers. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Purchased March 14th. Order #**.

Original review: May 3, 2022

The Croton pen I purchased from Touch of Modern is most certainly a fake. Although the touch of modern package says "authenticity guaranteed", this is most definitely a replica, knockoff or whatever you want to call it. The most obvious clue is the logo on the top of the pen. It is blurry and barely visible. And to the best of my knowledge, these pens are made in the U.S., not China, as is evident from the packaging. $29 for a $100 pen should have been the tip off.

It has been 8 days (and 4 emails), since I received the bogus merchandise from Touch of Modern. They have not responded to my request to simply send me the authentic product. This isn't just a customer complaint about a faulty product, this is a crime. After looking at reviews of this company, it is plain to see that I am not alone when it comes to the experience of extremely poor customer service and product issues.

Resolution response: May 14, 2022

I wrote a review in April regarding delayed shipment of sweaters and customer service not fulfilling their agreement to send shipping labels. Well, after I wrote the review, I deleted my account because I didn’t expect any further actions from them. My plan was to sell the sweaters online. Interestingly, TOM Customer service sent an email with the shipping labels two weeks after the review.

I mailed the sweaters back and I’m here to report that I did receive my refund today. My guess is that they are in need of additional employees to help with customer service issues like everyone else. While I cannot change my original one (1) star, today I give them four (4) for fulfilling their original obligation (although it was an extremely slow process).

Original review: April 14, 2022

Preparing for spring break in NY, I ordered several sweaters for my husband. One sweater shipped in time while the others were delayed by more than 3 weeks. I contacted Touch of Modern to have the ordered canceled. Customer service originally said that they will attempt to place a stop on the order. The next email said the order was being shipped. Frustrated, I emailed them again regarding the original plan to cancel and receive and refund. This representative apologized and stated that he would email a return label. I received the packages and have yet to receive the return label. I just sent another email to follow-up on the return label. In all honesty, I do not expect any follow-up or transparency regarding a return label. I figured they were scammers after the return label was never emailed. While I did not pay for the sweaters using my AmEx, I believe they must be exposed for their business practices.

Touch of Modern Company Information