3.6/5 (240 ratings)

About Touch of Modern

Touch Of Modern is an online store that specializes in men’s products. Customers can browse the online store to find gifts and gadgets for men, including clothing, accessories, watches and high-tech gadgets. Touch Of Modern’ breaks its products down into four main categories: Watches, Home, Tech and Fashion.

Pros

• Multiple categories
  • Luxury items
  • Discount name brand products

Cons

• Shipping can be delayed
  • Products can be pricey

Bottom Line

Touch of Modern caters to modern millennial men. It is an expansive online store that specializes in tech, fashion, watches and home accessories for men.

Top Touch of Modern Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I like that this amazing company is easy to use and it delivers boxes very fast… My overall experience with Touch of Modern is interesting and it saved me a lot of time to do othe...

Verified

I like all the different items they sale. I could be on here all day, looking at all the things they offer. They have such a wide selection. There's something for everyone. I love...

What is Touch of Modern?

A Touch of Modern’s primary audience is professional millennial men. The company strives to put together a comprehensive collection of products that are not easily found at traditional retailers, and it continually adds new items. Touch Of Modern is a membership-only site, but there is no cost for membership — you just need to provide an email address.

Once you create an account, you can browse the hundreds of different items on the online store. The website is designed to work seamlessly on computers or mobile devices. You can easily view and track your order status on the website, orders cannot be canceled or modified once they are made because the company works with specialty vendors.

If you are unhappy with a product, you can return it for a refund or store credit. Clearance items and some items that are marked “final sale” cannot be returned.

Products have different shipping times based on where they’re coming from and how long the product takes to make and deliver.

Touch of Modern prices

Touch Of Modern’s goal is to offer high-quality, designer and name-brand products for deeply discounted rates. It consistently runs sales on individual products, and you can tell when a sale is ending by clicking on each product. Below are some examples of the products that the company offers and its discounted rates:

• Falcon leather jacket: $160
  • Dunhill ready-to-wear men’s apparel: $99
  • Assorted California wines: $69
  • Versus by Versace watch:  $119

Touch of Modern FAQ

Who owns Touch of Modern?
Jerry Hum is the co-founder and CEO of Touch of Modern.
How does Touch of Modern make money?
Touch Of Modern partners with designers and quality manufacturers to receive items in bulk. The company then sells them for discounted rates.
Is the Touch of Modern app free?
Yes. The Touch of Modern app and membership is free. The membership allows the e-commerce store to keep its prices low by tracking membership.
Does Touch of Modern ship to Canada?
Some items can be shipped to Canada, but others, such as knives, cannot be sold internationally.
What does Touch of Modern sell?
Touch of Modern sells tech gadgets, home accessories, watches, fashion and unique accessories.
Where is Touch of Modern located?
Touch Of Modern’s headquarters are in San Francisco, but it ships to all 50 states. Many products can be shipped to Canada.

Is Touch of Modern legit?

Touch Of Modern is a legitimate company that has been in business since 2012. The company targets millennial males and sells a variety of products, including clothing and gadgets. The company requires membership, but becoming a member is free. The company’s product quality can vary because it works with multiple vendors, but its low prices and extensive inventory make it worth checking out.

Touch of Modern Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Touch of Modern?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I ordered a $1499 watch from Touch of Modern before Xmas, fully paid and email confirmed of the order, promised to deliver before Year End (2021). Today is 16/01/2022 and still no sign of it. And since 01/01/2022, they put my account to "not active" state, so I cannot log in and check my order status anymore. Their Customer Support seldom reply to inquiries, and when they do, their reply is always "we will escalate your problem...and give you an update in 24 to 48 hours". And of course, they never give me any update afterward.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

This company is a scam. They buy second hand..non working..chipped...broken..fake dollar store JUNK! It took 2 1/2 months separately to get 2 separate orders. I bought a nixie bulb clock. It Had been repackaged. And the clock doesn’t work. Went directly to the seller, bought a another clock. Received it in 3 weeks. So why did it take 2 1/2 months for TOM to send it? Out at that point 305.00 with shipping. Just contacted the seller and he was gracious enough to say send it back to him in the UK. And he would gladly fix it. Now that customer service!!!

It’s really not his problem since I bought it from TOM. But they will never get back to you. They don’t care. They lose customers one at a time. Then bought a table top fire pit. Came chipped and the stainless Steel insert came heavily rusted. And all scratched. Honestly looks used.. Totally scratched and sent back. And repackaged and sent to me. They are crooks. I feel robbed of my time and money. I Should have read the one star reviews first. Before I spent good money for total TRASH!!!!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I received the 4 stools I ordered and saw immediately that they were poor quality. When I contacted Touch of Modern (very challenging project) I was told this product was not eligible for return. I then went to product page and checked the return policy for this item and sure enough it had a drop down which said no returns. This was not obvious at once. Had I known this was a product, or a company, that did not stand behind their products I would never would have dealt with them. Beware. They sell cheap items and their customer service is practically non existent.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

This was my first time purchasing from Touch of Modern. I decided to find some unique items for some family members that have everything. I purchased several items which arrived on time for Christmas with no damages, but being a gift. Returns on most items are not allowed which meant a couple items that did not meet what I thought I was purchasing I'm stuck with. The other issue is no direct phone connection to a customer service department. It appears the email or text to Customer service is placed online for other customers to respond to for answering your questions. Until they set up a real customer service department that you can call and speak to a representative and change their return policies I will not be making future purchases.

I did find some unique products that are not sold by many stores, but items that I could cross shop were priced at or above big box store prices. Of the stores I shop. T.O.M. is the only one without at least a 30 day return policy or a direct contact call customer service department. A completely legit company should have both so a consumer can call if they have an issue or just a question and a minimum 30 days return policy for damaged or items that wasn't what they thought.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I bought a Loft Lyfe // Thatcher C Table (Grey + Black) from them at #109.99 plus $15.75 for shipping and delivery. When it arrived it was damaged and chipped in places. The only way to contact the company is by email. I was told I needed to take picture of the damaged table, shipping label, outside of the box and packing material and they would then send the pictures to THEIR vendor. I now have an unusable Christmas gift stuck stored away in my house waiting for THEIR vendor to decide what I need to do with the item I bought from Touch of Modern. Since the item was damaged, I expected them to send me a return label and have Fedex pick up the item and to either refund my money or ship a NEW undamaged table. So far I have a long list of emails from them and no action and I have a large box stored away in a bedroom. They have the worst customer service of almost any company I have ever dealt with. $109.99Qty: 1

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

This is one if worst company. They flood your email account with ads. They collected payment for my item so quickly. And after that zero communication on status my item. When I insisted they Lie giving company line that they will check and update. So far it has been 30 days since I paid for my item and still I have not received it. And their customer service still will not give an update!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Ordered an iiRcade weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. I was told they drop-ship directly from the vendor and won't even order it until the sale is over. I could have gotten this a week ago from another company for $100 less. They refuse to cancel my order even though they have not yet even ordered the item from the manufacturer. I would recommend that everyone stay far away from this company.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Touch of Modern contract with vendors are very good, for them, they ask you 90 days to pay your invoices and they DO NOT pay on time, I have been emailing them over and over again, after 90 days of invoicing for a very low amount, and they keep replying:- "We will contact the other department," or whatsoever, what a shame. That’s probably how they can make very low prices, not paying their suppliers.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I would not buy again and will file a BBB Complaint for false and misleading advertising and product description. I bought a pair of shoes, they said It was leather. I have plastic shoes in a box that look like they were manufactured uncontrolled, non QA and QC environment. Do not buy anything from this vendor.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

Touch of Modern has terrible customer service and sells inferior products. I purchased a convertible beanbag chair. It is supposed to be stuffed with a queen sized beanbag mattress. The mattress that I received is stuffed with shredded foam (old and hard). When I contacted Touch of Modern about a return I received an email saying that the product was a final sale and can't be returned. The only place that I could find that information was on the invoice after I placed the order. Save yourself some grief and hours of aggregation, don't purchase anything from Touch of Modern!

Touch of Modern Company Information