2. Miscellaneous

3.7/5 (206 ratings)

About Touch of Modern

Touch Of Modern is an online store that specializes in men’s products. Customers can browse the online store to find gifts and gadgets for men, including clothing, accessories, watches and high-tech gadgets. Touch Of Modern’ breaks its products down into four main categories: Watches, Home, Tech and Fashion.

Pros

• Multiple categories
  • Luxury items
  • Discount name brand products

Cons

• Shipping can be delayed
  • Products can be pricey

Bottom Line

Touch of Modern caters to modern millennial men. It is an expansive online store that specializes in tech, fashion, watches and home accessories for men.

Top Touch of Modern Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I like that this amazing company is easy to use and it delivers boxes very fast… My overall experience with Touch of Modern is interesting and it saved me a lot of time to do othe...

Verified

I like all the different items they sale. I could be on here all day, looking at all the things they offer. They have such a wide selection. There's something for everyone. I love...

What is Touch of Modern?

A Touch of Modern’s primary audience is professional millennial men. The company strives to put together a comprehensive collection of products that are not easily found at traditional retailers, and it continually adds new items. Touch Of Modern is a membership-only site, but there is no cost for membership — you just need to provide an email address.

Once you create an account, you can browse the hundreds of different items on the online store. The website is designed to work seamlessly on computers or mobile devices. You can easily view and track your order status on the website, orders cannot be canceled or modified once they are made because the company works with specialty vendors.

If you are unhappy with a product, you can return it for a refund or store credit. Clearance items and some items that are marked “final sale” cannot be returned.

Products have different shipping times based on where they’re coming from and how long the product takes to make and deliver.

Touch of Modern prices

Touch Of Modern’s goal is to offer high-quality, designer and name-brand products for deeply discounted rates. It consistently runs sales on individual products, and you can tell when a sale is ending by clicking on each product. Below are some examples of the products that the company offers and its discounted rates:

• Falcon leather jacket: $160
  • Dunhill ready-to-wear men’s apparel: $99
  • Assorted California wines: $69
  • Versus by Versace watch:  $119

Touch of Modern FAQ

Who owns Touch of Modern?
Jerry Hum is the co-founder and CEO of Touch of Modern.
How does Touch of Modern make money?
Touch Of Modern partners with designers and quality manufacturers to receive items in bulk. The company then sells them for discounted rates.
Is the Touch of Modern app free?
Yes. The Touch of Modern app and membership is free. The membership allows the e-commerce store to keep its prices low by tracking membership.
Does Touch of Modern ship to Canada?
Some items can be shipped to Canada, but others, such as knives, cannot be sold internationally.
What does Touch of Modern sell?
Touch of Modern sells tech gadgets, home accessories, watches, fashion and unique accessories.
Where is Touch of Modern located?
Touch Of Modern’s headquarters are in San Francisco, but it ships to all 50 states. Many products can be shipped to Canada.

Is Touch of Modern legit?

Touch Of Modern is a legitimate company that has been in business since 2012. The company targets millennial males and sells a variety of products, including clothing and gadgets. The company requires membership, but becoming a member is free. The company’s product quality can vary because it works with multiple vendors, but its low prices and extensive inventory make it worth checking out.

Touch of Modern Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Touch of Modern?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Purchased an item believing it was a metal version of a sling-shot that I had purchased on Amazon in heavy plastic. The item was listed as "aluminum alloy" and priced at $109.00. The one I purchased on Amazon was exactly like it for $26.00 under a different brand name. When I received the item it was exactly like the one that I had purchased for $26.00! It's exactly the same except I received more extra items (ammo balls, ammo bag, flashlight batteries) with the $26 version. I contacted T.O.M. the very same day I received it and asked for an RA to return the item. I was told the item was "not returnable"!

Since when is an unused item unreturnable the same day received? Who's customer service is that bad? Touch of Modern, that's who. I had purchased 3 items myself in the past year, 2 on my daughter's account and 3 on my sons. Not a one-time unappreciative customer, but a loyal customer by definition. Had no influence on their return decision whatsoever and the listing did not include a "sales final" warning.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I placed my order and received it in a timely manner. It’s when I, excitedly, opened my package, I noticed, immediately, that something was wrong. I’ve purchased from Tiffany’s many times and quickly realized the packaging was fake. After a day, I noticed a huge crack on the heart. This feels very shady. I’ve requested a refund to my back because I do NOT want any of their products. Let’s see how this plays out…

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Touch of Modern erased my order, I printed it at the time of order. They sent 2 Bask No. 9 Masterpiece of Seduction and none of the Tangerine Dream Cologne (more expensive!). So the company ripped me off. Nothing like being shorted. Filing a FTC complaint too.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Dear madam/sir, This is the first time I ordered multiple watches in your website and it did not received yet. I followed up on after the mentioned time frame only it's been more than 55 days since my order and when I spoke with the customer support completely their answer is different. They said 3 different dates saying my watches are getting arrived and they skipped all the mentioned dates and said another different date. Even I waited for that day too. They missed that day too and when I again sent email they said that watch has arrived and inspection is going on with logistics team.

I waited for 5 days and again asked what is the update now? They are saying that the watches are not received yet so I am really lost hope in the words of customer support. I am really depressed and asked to cancel my orders and will go to another website for buying now. They are saying that it's a huge amount and it needs to get approval. Do you think is that necessary for me? I want to beat myself with my shoe. Done a big mistake in shopping TOMO. I clearly mentioned it's a gift I need to present but you guys are not there on your words in sorting out this and fix my problem.

Resolution response: July 29, 2021

Erin in customer service did get back to me and issued a credit for the pants they sent in the incorrect size. She told me to keep the pants they sent in error. I thus feel satisfied with the response from Touch of Modern.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I ordered a pair of pants 36W by 34L. They sent 36W by 32L. I contacted them to return for a new pair. Erin in customer service told me they don’t have another pair to mail out. I told them I want a credit and asked what to do with the pants that are the incorrect size. Erin responded she can issue a credit to my Touch of Modern account. She never answered what I am supposed to do with the pants. I responded, "I want a credit to my credit card or PayPal account not Touch of Modern." Have not heard anything else so will dispute the charge!

Original review: July 24, 2021

I bought a Humbird bluetooth speaker. It's really bad quality. Their return policy doesn't allow me to return this item for exchange nor refund. The speaker is worst than any bluetooth speakers in the market and their claim is this will boost the sound 4-5 times volume of any average phone.

Resolution response: May 3, 2021

Update: A representative has reached out to me and was able to cancel my order! I am truly shocked and also very grateful that there was a follow up with a resolution.

Original review: May 3, 2021

I placed an order for the wrong item (specific color) and attempted to cancel (then re-order) within 46 minutes but they refused and said that due to their policy then cannot do it. Supposedly the orders are IMMEDIATELY forwarded to the vendors and processed right away... But the shipping is 2 weeks unlike other websites that can ship in 2 days... I am so disappointing as a order a specific product for a gift and picked the wrong color and CANNOT return this $900 product. My bad I guess...

Original review: April 30, 2021

Be very wary of any item you purchase online with them, first of all the bulk order for savings is a crock since I will have waited almost 2 weeks for sunglasses I purchased from them for $130 which I found on eBay exact same pair brand new with 4 day free shipping for $79. Be very very careful when purchasing anything from them and make sure to research these amazing deals online first as I am 100% sure you will find the exact same item for less.

Original review: March 27, 2021

Products targeted towards millennial males. Great if everything they sold wasn't low quality (dollar store) (as seen on TV) over hyped CRAP. Neat unique is great, desirable, enviable. Hype it up. When you receive your order it's still low quality cheaply manufactured CRAP. Save your money for well manufactured, well engineered quality products from reputable manufactures. Sincerely, duped more than once.

Original review: March 24, 2021

Absolutely baffled how this company makes business the way they do, they take your money and then you have to wait nearly a month to get it, like it comes from China or something.... Not only do they charge $10 for shipping even for a small trinket, when these days nearly all legit online sellers offer some sort of free shipping, but they then ship via the slowest Snail-mail possible in the hole of the US, taking like 10 days to get to you!!!! Yep, and this is AFTER 2-3 weeks you placed your order, that's right, you better not need whatever you "bought" from them for the next month because that's how long it takes to get to you....Oh, and here is the fun part, after the month is over and you finally get your item, if something's wrong with it, there are NO refunds or exchanges, how is this place still in business is beyond me!!!

Touch of Modern Company Information