2. Miscellaneous

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

Touch of Modern is an e-commerce app aimed at millennial males. Members select from a curated array of fashion items, accessories and lifestyle products. Product categories include art, accessories, apparel, shoes, tech and watches. Touch of Modern has a price-matching policy for items found cheaper elsewhere.

Touch of Modern Reviews

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I've purchased several items from ToM, from under $10 to $500 and am always happy when they arrive. It's not always as great of a deal as expected due to shipping costs, but more often than not, I get a better deal than Amazon or other websites. They even carry things I want from other countries and don't charge the import tax! However, you need to check the shipping time before you order. Sometimes it will say 3-5 weeks and so you need to expect to wait. Usually it comes on the early side of the time frame as opposed to the late side. I don't understand all the negative reviews, if you read, then you'll know the shipping time.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I seriously have no idea why there are so many negative reviews for this company... It's baffling to me. I have now been ordering things from Touch Of Modern for about 18 months and have received every single item I have ordered (except one which I will get to in a minute)... And to be clear, I have ordered everything from Scrabble board games, to knife sets, to a Patek Philippe watch! So, firstly to the complaints about time to deliver, yes, everything takes a long time to deliver, but they say that on the item so I'm a little confused why people would complain about it. If you don't want to wait 3 weeks+ for an item to be delivered then don't order an item which says 3 weeks+ to deliver. Odd.

Now onto the items themselves. I am absolutely genuine and I have now ordered over 100k worth of watches from TOM- a Patek as mentioned, two A. Langes, Rolex, IWC etc. Every single watch has been exactly as described... Except one... A Panerai Daylight I ordered which I didn't actually take delivery of. The reason I didn't, because they contacted me beforehand to let me know that the item did not come with box and papers as listed. I told them I therefore did not want it given the price. It did take a little while (maybe 3 weeks), but I did get a refund, in full. Again, I can't really complain about that at all. And to finish off this review I would like to point out one last thing, my last delivery came with a note from the owner thanking me and a free gift (watch winder) to use with my new purchases. Sorry, but how can this be considered a bad company. Excellent every time!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I gave TOM 4 stars solely for the price of a dress shirt I ordered and the fast shipping time I didn't expect. However, there was a note stating I "saved" $98.00 on a shirt I paid $20.00 for, I went directly to the web site of the brand name on the shirt and they sell it for $59.00!!! Don't get me wrong the shirt is great for the price I paid the quality, looks and fit, BUT definitely recommend you due your research on pricing before buying from TOM, their mark up is HUGE!!

Original review: June 4, 2020

Terrible customer service. I purchased two electric scooters for 695.00 each. To receive them in broken and ripped boxes. One box was missing parts so I could not assemble the scooter, the second scooter has a air leak in the rear wheel. VERY difficult dealing with these people as they don’t take phone calls. I’m refraining from reversing the charge with American Express as I am a Businessman myself, I’m trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. I’ve purchased around $7,000.00 Worth of stuff from them In the past few months. Delivery times are horrendous.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I have purchased two knives from Touch of Modern and they are worst knives ever I had purchased, they are not in Balance, rusty edge less and one even has chipped its edge they look used and defective. Never buy knives from Touch of Modern, worst experience ever. And even they are not responding to me back too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Touch of Modern?

Original review: May 26, 2020

We made 3 different campaigns for my decoration brand on the site. After the campaign ended, I sent my sold products to Touch of Modern and they sent them to customers. Then the payment terms of the products came and even 2 months passed, but they still did not pay me and they do not answer my mail. Those who want to enter this site to sell their products, please be careful and do not do this. Because you cannot get your money.

Original review: May 24, 2020

This is by far the worst online retailer I've ever used. They largely sell knock off generic things that are mostly fakes. On top of that it takes weeks to receive your order and they have an absolute no-returns policy, even if they send the wrong item or size. Their customer service is abysmal. I don't understand how a ** company like this is in business. Do yourself a favor and avoid Touch of Modern like the plague.

Original review: May 18, 2020

I have purchased a dozen or so products from Touch of Modern in the last 18 months. They charged my credit card and then made me wait an unreasonable amount of time for my purchase to arrive - in every instance. And, this was going on prior to COVID-19. One purchase - a watch for a graduation gift - was never sent. After three months, I finally petitioned AMEX to investigate and issue the credit. Otherwise, I would never have been issued a refund by ToM. All sales are final, so there’s no resolution if something is broken or arrives past the date promised. I will not likely do business with them again, unless it’s a small, insignificant item and I’d NEVER make a major purchase, like a Rolex watch. They don’t provide a number to call - just email. It’s a terrible business model, bordering on a scam (i.e., selling items they don’t have in stock). Save yourself the pain and inconvenience, don’t buy from ToM!

Original review: May 7, 2020

Don’t order from this company!!!! Total scam! My fiancé saw a advertisement on Facebook for this company. On 4/2/20 I placed a order for a set of towels, hand towels and wash cloths. After the order was placed the site said it would be 2-3 weeks before my item shipped. It’s May 7th and I still haven’t received my order. I reached out to customer support 3 weeks after my purchase to inquiry about my order and I was told they are working hard with their vendor to get my order shipped. It would be shipped by the end of the month.

The end of April has come and gone and I haven't heard anything. I google the company for a number. They no longer take calls in regards orders. I was directed to email customer support. At this time all I want is a refund but they have a no refund policy. They will issue a credit which will start the whole shipping fiasco once again. So now I’m at the mercy of this company with no product and they have my money. My next step is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I place a order. It was a King size comforter and a Queen size Bed Sheets. They change my order and sent me a Queen size comforter and a Full size Bed Sheets. I emailed them. I was able to reach out to a person named Janice, she said she was going to look in to it. So I told her if she can give me a call when she can. So she was able to call me but, she told me that the items I ordered were final. I told her that I'm not going to stay with these items. She said she was going to see what she can do and said she was going to email me the same day. She never did. That was four days ago. I sent about fifteen emails and have gotten no response. I know they change my order. I have two more orders pending and I'm trying to cancel them but I am not able to reach anyone. This company is the worst I ever had to deal with.

Touch of Modern Company Information