1.30/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Touch of Modern

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Touch of Modern Reviews

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I seriously have no idea why there are so many negative reviews for this company... It's baffling to me. I have now been ordering things from Touch Of Modern for about 18 months and have received every single item I have ordered (except one which I will get to in a minute)... And to be clear, I have ordered everything from Scrabble board games, to knife sets, to a Patek Philippe watch! So, firstly to the complaints about time to deliver, yes, everything takes a long time to deliver, but they say that on the item so I'm a little confused why people would complain about it. If you don't want to wait 3 weeks+ for an item to be delivered then don't order an item which says 3 weeks+ to deliver. Odd.

Now onto the items themselves. I am absolutely genuine and I have now ordered over 100k worth of watches from TOM- a Patek as mentioned, two A. Langes, Rolex, IWC etc. Every single watch has been exactly as described... Except one... A Panerai Daylight I ordered which I didn't actually take delivery of. The reason I didn't, because they contacted me beforehand to let me know that the item did not come with box and papers as listed. I told them I therefore did not want it given the price. It did take a little while (maybe 3 weeks), but I did get a refund, in full. Again, I can't really complain about that at all. And to finish off this review I would like to point out one last thing, my last delivery came with a note from the owner thanking me and a free gift (watch winder) to use with my new purchases. Sorry, but how can this be considered a bad company. Excellent every time!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Scammers -- I ordered some men's shoe carriers and received children's toys instead. Tried for days to rectify this and get some action - after finally sending photos of the toys and my invoice/order form they responded that I would receive the original ordered products in one business day via Fed Ex -- that was on December 6th. It's December 10th and I am tracking the supposed Fed Ex delivery slated for 12/14 (hardly a one day delivery). They said they will send me a packing slip to ship back the children's toys!! Poor service, terrible communication and simply not worth the aggravation to deal with this company.

Signed,

Don't Order!!! #notworththeheadache

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

God awful. Do not confuse the great products offered by TOM with the actual manufacturer. While these products are awesome, TOM is not a great wholesaler. Your better off Googling the product and buying another way I.e Amazon. You will not get your products for Xmas. Horribly managed company that’s just after your buck with absolutely no benefits to the consumer. Again you won’t get your product for Xmas.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I used to be a staunch supporter of TOM buying regularly from their online site but about a year ago I noticed the prices in general rising higher than Amazon or other online stores. For example today (Dec5-2019) they have a bidet seat on TOM for $419.99 = $30 shipping Alpa JX BIDET SEAT. The same seat on Amazon is just $391.20 free shipping with Prime a $58.79 savings. TOM quote 2-3 week before shipping, Amazon 2 days. Most items are now non returnable. Another issue is their Damascus knives. On the surface they look great but read the fine print as they state the finish is Damascus not the material (does that mean etch on finish, I asked the question and received no reply?).

Again today they have JACK WILLIAMS Timeless Leather + Shearling Jackets but when you look at the sizes they are using different methods to size the jackets which are all made by JackWilliams via Turkey some are using the small medium lager sizes some are using the 50.52,54, 56 size charts. How is one supposed to trust these jacket sizes then wait 4 weeks for delivery only to return the item and find it no longer available for a replacement? My advice find another company to order from!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I ordered some shoes that looked great. I received them from China and it took 4 weeks +. When I finally tried them on they were the most uncomfortable shoes I had ever worn. Not eligible for return. A big kick in the pants as a response. Do not ever buy here or if you do you are throwing tour money away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Touch of Modern?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

1st thing you cannot even see the products unless you give them your Email. "To Sell" Prices shown are different if you use a gift card, and 1st time buyer discount will also NOT be Applied. KWILT2 on site was 63.00 + 10.00 shipping + tax 5.00. 78.00 -10.00 discount 68.00. Use your gift card for same item, Price went UP to 73.00 +10.00 shipping 5.00 tax = 88.00 - 50.00 gift card total = 33.00 and NO first time customer. 10.00 discount NONE. 33.00 for a 63.00 item after using 50.00 gift card. Gets better then they make use you use Sezzle for payment or they WILL NOT accept their OWN GIFT CARD. If you do not use gift card you can use ANY PAYMENT. PP CC etc. THIS HAS TO BE FRAUD... MISLEADING... X's how many customers has this happened too.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Great items on display, however very unresponsive customer support and takes months to try to get a refund. The item shipped to me was clearly used even though it said it was as new. I’m still fighting to get a refund for a watch I bought for a few hundred dollars. The item came in defective and they asked me to ship it back which I did several weeks ago. Still no refund. They haven’t responded to my emails for 2 weeks.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Do not be fooled by to cool video. Brightness is bad, magnets are weak, resolution is marginal for this price. Buy an iPad or another 200 dollars monitor and be happy. It's worth 50 dollars at best. I would much rather spend more money for something that meets a normal persons needs. This is NOT that!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I started to see a number of items after discovering a Touch of Modern. But as I began to start to order a window washing machine, I saw that it was listed as all sales final. No returns. As I continued to view other things I saw the same. No returns. I ordered a men's bracelet for my nephew's birthday. 1 week later I received a notice stating it would not ship for another 3 weeks. I tried to cancel the order and was sent an email that stated the same. NO RETURNS. ALL SALES FINAL. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE. IT IS A SHAM. WHO WANTS TO ORDER SOMETHING THEY CANNOT RETURN? If you like something from the site, go directly to the maker and see what their reviews and return policies are.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

This company is a SCAM and does not send your items even after one month and the latest ship date. They have no customer service number and just email premade responses. If you order, do NOT expect to receive your purchase. BUYER BEWARE - LOOK UP THEIR REVIEWS.

Touch of Modern Company Information