3.1/5 (145 ratings)

About Touch of Modern

Touch Of Modern is an online store that specializes in men’s products. Customers can browse the online store to find gifts and gadgets for men, including clothing, accessories, watches and high-tech gadgets. Touch Of Modern’ breaks its products down into four main categories: Watches, Home, Tech and Fashion.

Pros

• Multiple categories
  • Luxury items
  • Discount name brand products

Cons

• Shipping can be delayed
  • Products can be pricey

Bottom Line

Touch of Modern caters to modern millennial men. It is an expansive online store that specializes in tech, fashion, watches and home accessories for men.

Top Touch of Modern Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I like that this amazing company is easy to use and it delivers boxes very fast… My overall experience with Touch of Modern is interesting and it saved me a lot of time to do othe...

Verified

I like all the different items they sale. I could be on here all day, looking at all the things they offer. They have such a wide selection. There's something for everyone. I love...

What is Touch of Modern?

A Touch of Modern’s primary audience is professional millennial men. The company strives to put together a comprehensive collection of products that are not easily found at traditional retailers, and it continually adds new items. Touch Of Modern is a membership-only site, but there is no cost for membership — you just need to provide an email address.

Once you create an account, you can browse the hundreds of different items on the online store. The website is designed to work seamlessly on computers or mobile devices. You can easily view and track your order status on the website, orders cannot be canceled or modified once they are made because the company works with specialty vendors.

If you are unhappy with a product, you can return it for a refund or store credit. Clearance items and some items that are marked “final sale” cannot be returned.

Products have different shipping times based on where they’re coming from and how long the product takes to make and deliver.

Touch of Modern prices

Touch Of Modern’s goal is to offer high-quality, designer and name-brand products for deeply discounted rates. It consistently runs sales on individual products, and you can tell when a sale is ending by clicking on each product. Below are some examples of the products that the company offers and its discounted rates:

• Falcon leather jacket: $160
  • Dunhill ready-to-wear men’s apparel: $99
  • Assorted California wines: $69
  • Versus by Versace watch:  $119

Touch of Modern FAQ

Who owns Touch of Modern?
Jerry Hum is the co-founder and CEO of Touch of Modern.
How does Touch of Modern make money?
Touch Of Modern partners with designers and quality manufacturers to receive items in bulk. The company then sells them for discounted rates.
Is the Touch of Modern app free?
Yes. The Touch of Modern app and membership is free. The membership allows the e-commerce store to keep its prices low by tracking membership.
Does Touch of Modern ship to Canada?
Some items can be shipped to Canada, but others, such as knives, cannot be sold internationally.
What does Touch of Modern sell?
Touch of Modern sells tech gadgets, home accessories, watches, fashion and unique accessories.
Where is Touch of Modern located?
Touch Of Modern’s headquarters are in San Francisco, but it ships to all 50 states. Many products can be shipped to Canada.

Is Touch of Modern legit?

Touch Of Modern is a legitimate company that has been in business since 2012. The company targets millennial males and sells a variety of products, including clothing and gadgets. The company requires membership, but becoming a member is free. The company’s product quality can vary because it works with multiple vendors, but its low prices and extensive inventory make it worth checking out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Touch of Modern?

Original review: June 16, 2022

Vendors are not being paid and merchandise will not get shipped. Assets being liquidated. Company site not giving this information and unlikely orders placed now will be filled. I would not buy from them.

Original review: May 17, 2022

So I've been a ToM customer for about 8 years. While I likely only make a purchase or two a year I browse the site daily and when I have ordered an item, the transactions have gone smoothly until most recently. For those of you who don't know, ToM most often acts as an intermediary...they list products at a discount, accumulate sales, then order the products from their supplier, repackage them and send them out. In this instance, I ordered a product and got an update saying it would be shipped by April 11th.

I follow up a week or so later and get a generic reply that shipping delays are the cause, be patient. Follow up again another week later...am told it will be shipped within the week. Follow up again and get told my request is being escalated. Wait another week and get told they are treating my shipment as lost, how would I like my refund.

Thing is, I don't want a refund...I want my product...and I tell Zach (the CSR) that I expect my product, that I know they don't carry extras but I'm sure their supplier does...I don't care about their cost...they sold me the item, they received it from their supplier and they lost the product I paid for. I know Zach likely can't authorize the extra cost that product will likely cost ToM...so he better bump it up the line until it gets to someone who can.

Four days later I get a carbon copy of the first email... I then provide a more thorough explanation of what I expect...it's not rocket science...ToM sold me an item they received and then lost. Their supplier still has stock though maybe not at the discount they'd received earlier...that's their problem, I expect my purchase. 3 days later, still no response. Which is complete and utter ** as it's currently a month and a half after the initial shipping estimated date.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Ordered an original art from Touch of Modern. Said it would ship in two to three weeks. LIE!! Spent $918.00 for nothing. It has been two months and no updates or excuse for the delay. Can't even talk to a real person! Literally 10-12 emails asking for information and no response other than a generic email "escalating" my complaint. I even asked for a refund and no response, but they will email me every day about the "new" sales they are having. Customer Service is nonexistent. It's like they took my money and disappeared. Had to finally ask my credit card company to go get my money. Still waiting on that. Please don't let my mistake be yours. This company is either way in over their head or they are outright scammers. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Purchased March 14th. Order #**.

Original review: May 3, 2022

The Croton pen I purchased from Touch of Modern is most certainly a fake. Although the touch of modern package says "authenticity guaranteed", this is most definitely a replica, knockoff or whatever you want to call it. The most obvious clue is the logo on the top of the pen. It is blurry and barely visible. And to the best of my knowledge, these pens are made in the U.S., not China, as is evident from the packaging. $29 for a $100 pen should have been the tip off.

It has been 8 days (and 4 emails), since I received the bogus merchandise from Touch of Modern. They have not responded to my request to simply send me the authentic product. This isn't just a customer complaint about a faulty product, this is a crime. After looking at reviews of this company, it is plain to see that I am not alone when it comes to the experience of extremely poor customer service and product issues.

Resolution response: May 14, 2022

I wrote a review in April regarding delayed shipment of sweaters and customer service not fulfilling their agreement to send shipping labels. Well, after I wrote the review, I deleted my account because I didn’t expect any further actions from them. My plan was to sell the sweaters online. Interestingly, TOM Customer service sent an email with the shipping labels two weeks after the review.

I mailed the sweaters back and I’m here to report that I did receive my refund today. My guess is that they are in need of additional employees to help with customer service issues like everyone else. While I cannot change my original one (1) star, today I give them four (4) for fulfilling their original obligation (although it was an extremely slow process).

Original review: April 14, 2022

Preparing for spring break in NY, I ordered several sweaters for my husband. One sweater shipped in time while the others were delayed by more than 3 weeks. I contacted Touch of Modern to have the ordered canceled. Customer service originally said that they will attempt to place a stop on the order. The next email said the order was being shipped. Frustrated, I emailed them again regarding the original plan to cancel and receive and refund. This representative apologized and stated that he would email a return label. I received the packages and have yet to receive the return label. I just sent another email to follow-up on the return label. In all honesty, I do not expect any follow-up or transparency regarding a return label. I figured they were scammers after the return label was never emailed. While I did not pay for the sweaters using my AmEx, I believe they must be exposed for their business practices.

Original review: April 2, 2022

A regular customer of Touch of Modern, have spent thousands there. However after you make a purchase, Be Aware// The customer service dept do not care about You or your purchases. I'VE RECENTLY Bought a sheet set, I was shipped a set with only one pillow cover, let customer service know, they don't even respond to you I've should have had two pillow covers according to packaging. Also I've bought three belts. They were shipped to me defective belts from China, I contacted customer service. Nothing. No responses. They got my money for the junk but no customer satisfaction HERE. Watch out for their final so-called sales. Fortunately most of my purchases with touch of modern the products were okay. However with the lack of customer service I will spend my money elsewhere. 'Later'

Original review: April 2, 2022

I tried Touch Of Modern for the 1st time in February 2022. I ordered a watch and received it in a few days in perfect condition. Because of that one experience, I placed 3 more orders, that's when the HORROR began. **2nd Order: I ordered a Lamborghini watch (Advertised as "New" w/ 2-year warranty) which I received in 2 weeks. The yellow leather watch band was completely destroyed, severed at the watch case, and black scrapes on both bands. The crystal had multiple pits, scratches, and even finger smudges (ON THE INSIDE OF THE CRYSTAL).

I emailed Touch Of Modern within an hour of opening the box, (they do not accept live calls.) As of this writing 04-01-22, they are still refusing to replace it blaming their vendor Lamborghini, saying Lamborghini is not returning their calls and emails. I received an email from Lamborghini on 03-29-22 advising me "this is the first they've heard of the problem, we respond to emails within 24 hours." He went on to say "We only send out new watches that go through several inspections before they are sent. It sounds like another customer bought the watch from Touch Of Modern, wore it, then returned it back to Touch Of Modern; then Touch Of Modern sold it to you. I don’t want to get in the middle of that.”

They asked me to send photos to them, and after I did they responded back telling me to send it to Lamborghini (1) at my expense, (2) they will replace the band and "look at the crystal". I advised them I want what I paid for a NEW watch, not a used or refurbished watch. Lamborghini told me "Evidently I cannot please you, the best thing will be to go thru Touch of Modern for a return claim." The next day I received an email from Touch Of Modern saying: "Our vendor partner has stated that they will be contacting you directly regarding this issue. They have stated that all you will need to provide them with is a copy of your Touch of Modern receipt. If you are still having issues when they contact you, please let me know!" This email a day AFTER: Lamborghini had refused to replace the watch and sent me BACK to Touch Of Modern the day before!!

**I ordered a 3rd watch, which they promised waiting 2-3 weeks. It's going on the (THIRD MONTH) since I ordered that watch and not only have I not received it, they have never sent it out, again blaming their vendors, when I could have easily ordered and received it from Amazon in 2 days. Touch Of Modern advertises their products as "NEW", yet in my brief experience with them they have sent (1) Used and Destroyed watch, (2) Another watch that has never been sent, and a (3) A Rare Materials Collection which, again that has never been sent. Touch Of Modern continues to blame its vendors.

The Definitions for Fraud:
    * Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

* A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

Is the trust of Modern a scam? If you know anyone that has dealt with them ask.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Avoid buying from a company where you can not reach them for any reason...bought a 900 item and it can not be used due to a 25 cent piece. I used the internet for days to try to find a phone number anywhere on planet earth. It does not exist so I emailed them over and over and over. Wrote letters to the only published address....no responses.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I made a purchase with ToMo recently, and they promised the shipment in 2-3 weeks. One month later nothing was shipped nor did they send any update or explanation. After I contacted their support, they said it was the vendor's fault and they could not provide any ETA. I asked them to cancel the order and send me my money back – which they refused saying the "sale was final". I explained to them that they are in violation of FTC rules and that I did not approve any delays and want my refund, which they simply ignored and then kept sending me automated responses that the sale is final. I had to contact my credit card company and dispute the charge to get my money back. Will never buy from these guys, it's clearly a scam.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I ordered a $1499 watch from Touch of Modern before Xmas, fully paid and email confirmed of the order, promised to deliver before Year End (2021). Today is 16/01/2022 and still no sign of it. And since 01/01/2022, they put my account to "not active" state, so I cannot log in and check my order status anymore. Their Customer Support seldom reply to inquiries, and when they do, their reply is always "we will escalate your problem...and give you an update in 24 to 48 hours". And of course, they never give me any update afterward.

Touch of Modern Company Information