2.00/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

38 Touch of Modern Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2019

I purchased the Whiplash Lamp for my son's home, which is Modern and Sleek. The lamp is the quality of something from the Dollar Store. I then find out that I can not get my money back. I took this cheap item and threw it in the Toy Box!!

Original review: March 20, 2019

Very bad customer experience while checking on the status of my order while it was pending for over 5 weeks. I was really looking forward to receiving my order and after waiting for an extended period of time customer service canceled my order... I sent several email/inquiries to find out why this happened - nothing, unresponsive! But I did get every email wanting me to buy more!!! It’s a shame to have such poor service when buying “high end products”... Buyer beware!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Shoe size was too small - they make it impossible to return or exchange!!! They would not help you with an exchange for the right size. The shipping times are long waits - the overall experience is the worst.

Original review: March 4, 2019

This company is absolutely horrible to deal with. They have no return policy. If you purchase something you're stuck with it. Also, they are just up-selling you on items they purchase from other vendors. You can Google search anything they are selling and almost always find it for cheaper. Don't waste your money on the middle man with a flashy website. That is all they are. I bought a watch. It was not the item I believed it to be (size was different than stated on the listing) and they will not accept any returns.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

The items you purchase may take up to 2 months to deliver. If you change your mind, even after one minute of placing an order, you will not be able to cancel - even though the product wont ship in next 30 days. None of the advertised sizes fit as described and I ended up returning almost everything. It takes them FOREVER to process the return. Meanwhile, the product you are interspersed in is sold out and you cant simply use your credit for a larger or smaller size. No, when finally get your credit, you are back on square one. You must find another piece of clothing and pray it will fit. Other way around you find yourself in this vicious cycle that never ends!

PS - Even though the product was received by their staff member I was still not offered a store credit (they dont believe in refunds). I tried contacting customer service which turned out being glorified voicemail box, saying "we cant be reached at the moment - please leave a message". Emailing customer service wont get you to closer to the answers either. Check Google pricing on every item before buying it here. Pricing is the same.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Touch of Modern?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

This company has nothing on stock, it is just a website to capture orders and send them to the vendor. It takes forever, weeks before your overpaid product even ships. Most products are non-returnable. Really, buy something like a banged up Rolex watch, no guarantee, not refundable? All these products can be found cheaper in a 5 min Google exercise, especially watches, wines and other expensive items.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

The point of contact that fits into the iPhone immediately slips out. Therefore, there is absolutely NO WAY this $40!!!! Charger (by the time you add “shipping and handling”) was EVER going to work. It took forever for both of the items I ordered to get to me. One item I liked, which is a shame because I will NEVER do business with Touch of Modern again. This company DOES NOT stand by the products they promote, which I suspected from their terms for returns before I ordered. But don’t be stupid like me. Touch of Modern should have BOLDLY written BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK - WE DON'T GIVE REFUNDS. At best they’ll give you a “store credit”, but they REFUSED even that - despite being purchased for Christmas AND a death in my family. Horrible.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I purchased a drone for my son who has a large drone collection. He charged and installed the battery - the drone rose into the air, ran for less than (approximately) five minutes (we didn't time it) and landed. He tried again, timing less than three minutes. We changed the batteries - same song second verse. We called the company and were told "sorry no returns". It does come with two batteries - neither of which hold a charge. JUNK!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Ordering from TOM is fairly straightforward. Shipping time is not. Apparently they don’t carry inventory in their California warehouse. Pretty confident that all items are drop shipped from China. Took over 6 weeks for item to arrive. When it did arrive; it was missing a proprietary charging cord. I contacted customer service via email and was told they don’t have the cords. I would have to contact the manufacturer. Several more attempts with customer service and I virtually gave up. Then I received an email stating that the manufacturer had sent a replacement. Again; tracking was virtually useless. Finally; I receive a notice saying I have a registered parcel at the post office that requires a signature. I drive 7 miles to the post office to pick it up. Inside was the charging cord! Took a long time but they did follow up.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I ordered a belt on Dec 13 of 2018 and still haven’t received it on Jan 6 2019. My tracking stated it left the warehouse finally Jan 2. I’ve ordered things from China that the company went through Canada to avoid the tariffs and those items arrived in two weeks. This long of a delay is completely unacceptable. I will never buy from them again.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

The first mistake is using DHL post as their shipping agent. DHL is notorious for slow service. My order languished in one location for four days before moving forward. I ordered on December 21 and the projected delivery has now been moved to January 7. That’s completely unacceptable. I live in Missouri and could have easily driven to California and picked up the item in that time. I believe TOM never actually has any inventory and orders from the manufacturer then dropships the product. No longer a customer of Touch of Modern!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Touch of Rip-Off? Seriously, I have read that the business model is to market to young rich men? Also the claim is that they are very successful with milestones about reaching one million dollars per day in sales. What else, their target market is rich Millennials. Seriously, I think this team thinks we are stupid? I am not a Millennial, I am an older 50 year old man but I like new and interesting things for the best price possible. I guess their target market doesn't do comparison shopping and just stupidly buys products that are overpriced on purpose? For instance “TOM” is selling right now (the most current sale) Dom Perignon 2009 Gift Pack//2 Bottles + 6 Champagne Glasses for $500 with shipping and taxes. But, one can go to their local COSTCO and buy the exact same product for $258. I kid you not! I mean literally less than half the price if you just walk 5 minutes past the headqtrs. of TOM to 450 10TH ST. SAN FRANCISCO.

You feel bad when you get duped like this. Another example is I wanted to buy the Armand Nicolet LO9 watch titanium that they promoted for $3,999.00, then they jack up the retail price artificially and try to fool you that they have a special deal for you, when with a bit of Google searching you find the same LO9 at Ashford.com watch for shockingly $1999, half the price!! I did buy it and they gave me free shipping without the two month delivery, seriously? How stupid are we? Another example is I almost bought a Gevril Avenue of the Americas watch from TOM and with a Google search find the exact watch for 30% less at Needless Markup's lastcall.com. Oh come on guys, you think we are stupid?

Then I almost bought a Rado DiaMaster watch Grande Seconde Automatic. TOM's price is $1499. Yes you guessed it, another Google search and I find the exact same watch for $999 a whopping 50% less! Seriously I was led to believe that TOM finds high end luxury products for the best price. NOT TRUE. I can go on, and on and on with more examples but I think the most egregious Touch of rip-off was I got caught up in the delusion, by the way my hats off to TOM as they are very good with the photography and maintaining the jacked up MSRP deluding you into believing that you are getting a great deal.

I did purchase from TOM a beautiful handmade wool rug Kashkuli Gabbeh, which was so gorgeous for $1296 with a charge for shipping, 8ft by 10ft, just amazing. I thought because they posted the fake retail as close $4,000, I thought I was getting a deal. A couple of days later something came over me and you guessed it? I found the exact same had made rug down to the last hand knotted wool thread for only $500 including free shipping and no tax. I cancelled the rug from TOM which they did quickly cancel the item and put the charge back on my card right away. I did purchase the cheaper rug and it came on time, and it was even in another country, no 2 month delay like TOM. I mean I am talking about some serious COGNITIVE DISSONANCE!

From my personal opinion and experience, I would not ever buy a pre-owned watch at TOM. I tried and their customer chat service referred me to a website with a PIC of Central Park in New York City with the tel. number in tiny print to the far right lower corner. I called the number and the woman told me I can only ask questions about the CORUM that I was interested in by e-mail. No pics can be offered of the back of the product or the wear on the band of the product. Seriously? And that at the moment the representative was off for Hanukah. TOM doesn't even grade the condition of the watch. For instance from what I have experienced, other reputable dealers of watches with have different grades such as, Mint, Excellent, and Very Good, for example.

What I have written has been from my own personal experience and research. So truly buyers should beware as they have the no refund policy on most of their products. Well, I do have to compliment the TOM team for the beautiful website and the PICS that just pop out at you. As an active angel investor in many startups I am a bit worried for the foolish VCs that got stuck in this deal. I don't see how this can be sustained long term with the non-competitive pricing that TOM maintains.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Ordered multiple items from this company as gifts for a Christmas gathering. Every single item had the shipping dates changed after the order was placed. Some extended by as much as three to four weeks later. I showed up to the gathering almost completely empty-handed. The one item I've even received so far, as none of the others have even arrived, was nothing special. Great write-ups on the products, but neither the price nor the quality is special whatsoever. Couple that with their false shipping promises, and I wouldn't be ordering from them again. However, the worst part is the customer service.

I contacted them twice about the shipping changes. The first response was simply the shipping details repeated to me, that were exactly the same as the shipping link provided already, with no explanation as to why it was changed or even an apology for the trouble. The second exchange, where I let them know how unacceptable I found the experience to be, and that I would not have anything positive to say about them to anyone, was met with a smiley face, a promise to let everyone at the company know my feelings, and a wish for a merry Christmas. Just a scam operation, top to bottom. I wish I'd checked this site before ever ordering from them.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

ToM has lots of neat things. There's a couple things you need to be mindful of when you're considering a purchase from them though. First, I didn't notice any real "bargains" for items I was interested in. Hard to find/unique items will cost you. Second, there are few items that are returnable. Be sure to read everything in the ad. Generally, if you're not sure you'll like an object or what size you should get, don't get it unless losing money is not a concern. It's buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I ORDERED A Gaggia Babila worth $1400, received a Gaggia Classic that can be bought for $375. Attempts to contact customer service were futile, both online and texts. This seems to be a scam. Stay far away from Touch of Modern.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Do not use Touch of Modern!!! It is a scam. This is the second time I've had an issue with this company. The first time I ordered an Awair air monitor and it arrived used. The power cord was just thrown in the box and the instructions were missing. At first, it was just a mistake from Awair, and that company quickly sent me a new monitor. This time I ordered a watch, a big part of Touch of Modern's business. Not only did the "package" arrive a week late, but I was shocked to find a bubble wrap envelope that had been torn open and then resealed with a couple pieces of tape. There was a sticker on the front saying Damaged, but instead of initials, it just had "USPS" handwritten. When I looked up USPS damaged stickers, it did not match. Inside, all I found was the invoice.

Wait a minute, USPS? I have a FedEx tracking #. Yep, as others have mentioned, they used Smart Saver. So, to summarize so far, "someone" has my watch and forwarded a basically empty torn envelope to my house. How is it that this even got delivered like this? I try calling TOMO's customer service, only to hear a couple of clicks and then be told they are too busy and I need to leave a message. BS! That means there is no customer service department because they're too cheap to hire one. Thank God my credit card has one, and they know how to take care of their customers. And one more thing, who the hell ships a watch in an envelope anyways? Was there ever a watch in there to begin with? I don't think so.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I was a good customer of Touch of Modern but when I wanted to unsubscribe from their mailing list I soon found that it was impossible. No matter how many times I tried to get off their mailing list it was to no avail. It seems to me that this policy can potentially lose thousands of customers. I, for one, will NEVER purchase anything from them ever again.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

First, you will wait just under 2 months for your purchase to arrive. They charge A LOT for shipping but then ship it to you via FedEx smart post, which is one of the cheapest and slowest methods available. My product arrived damaged, of course. I’m my opinion, they really didn’t care. Be advised, order off Amazon or another website. This one is a scam!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I purchased a watch from Touch of Modern. It arrived with a broken crown so I could not adjust the time or the date. It had completely come out of the watch when I went to adjust it! I called them and asked them to exchange it. They said to call the manufacturer. That they do not handle these issues. Which would be acceptable if I had the watch for a period of time but the crown came out when I went to adjust the time right of the box! They are the only vendor I have used in years that completely avoids responsibility for the products they sell.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I order a Funko pop figure of Stan Lee from Guardians of the Galaxy, which is a limited edition Funko Pop. It was autographed by Stan Lee himself on the box and at some point before shipping me this item it was severely damaged. This is irreplaceable. Even a refund won't buy the product I ordered stated new condition and the signed box is damaged!!! I could replace the figure, but not the box that I paid for the autograph of. It was put in a plastic protector before shipping it out. That means (especially with the extra protection and the case it couldn't have been damaged after being put into Funko Pop protector because protector would have severe damage!!!

Original review: July 3, 2018

I ordered from Touch of Modern not too long ago for the first time and I loved it. Everything I ordered was great. They have awesome prices too and I had a great experience. However, they should do more sales. But I have told many people about the company and the services and a few of my friends have already placed orders.

Original review: July 2, 2018

The shopping experience was fairly straightforward. Other than that, I was really disappointed with my experience with this company. I ordered a device to correct my bunion and it was basically two pieces of flimsy plastic and a small piece of velcro. Took way too long to ship product and quality was extremely poor. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: July 1, 2018

It was easy to use the website to place an order. They have plenty of colors and a variety of good quality products to choose from and they last a long time. Good value for the price of the products and convenient to get right to your home. But they should have more allergy free stuff and more of a variety of products and offer better packaging on them. Also, time to receive the packages should be quicker and have a time frame of less than a week. They should have a free demo product in every kit too and offer more free gifts when spending more money on a item or incentives like buy one get one free. But overall I am pretty happy about Touch of Modern. They seem to have good reviews from customers and the contact number is easily found. Get a money back refund if not happy with any of the products purchased anytime and usually in stock and shipped right away.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I was looking for a one of a kind gift to purchase when I ran into this site. I purchased the West Coast Firepit and it's absolutely gorgeous and such a perfect gift for a man. I like that I can find one of a kind new items that I cannot get anywhere else. I like that their website is simple and clean looking. It's very easy to navigate. They do an excellent job with everything. I just wish I could afford it all because some of the items are expensive but definitely worth it.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I like all the different items they sale. I could be on here all day, looking at all the things they offer. They have such a wide selection. There's something for everyone. I love the look, the layout, colors, design of the website. It's very appealing. I love this site and their products. Awesome experience.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I like that this amazing company is easy to use and it delivers boxes very fast. It got what it takes to be a good company and compared this company with others, it is one of the best. However, sometimes this website does not have on the stock the product that I need. And sometimes the website is complicated to use, but then I can get used easily. My overall experience with Touch of Modern is interesting and it saved me a lot of time to do other things, that what I love of buying online. My experiences are always good because it has changed the way I can buy.

Original review: June 26, 2018

They have fast shipping and reliable products. Their products are high-quality and very well worth the prices that I pay for them. Easy searches for products as well. I wish their descriptions and user comments as reviews would be more relatable. I dislike trying to use their shopping cart feature. More pictures are needed of their products to get a better idea of what they look like. I thoroughly enjoyed shopping through their website because it makes my time go by fast and I enjoy buying the items that they sell. They make checkout a breeze using different accepted forms of payment.

Original review: June 24, 2018

They offer great value for all the products they sale. Great website Unique products for men. Product you can not find anywhere else. Crazy products/wide range of items. Everyone always ask where we shop. We have always had a nice experiences shopping, quick and easy. Our experience with Touch of Modern was wonderful. KeySmart Classic all in one sweet. The price was reasonable and we will reorder it again for our friends.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I like how easy it is to find what you need at good prices. The website had very unique design, felt very welcoming. They had basic and advance searches for products. But there should be more online support and an online chat with a professional of the company if you have any questions or concerns they could help with in a timely manner. Overall had a very good experience with this unique company. The products came with step by step instructions on how to use.

Original review: June 22, 2018

The Touch of Modern website is easy to navigate and the search function is fairly intuitive. The color scheme design on the website is pleasing and the aesthetics match the products. I find the process to be high for what the product is and it would be nice if it were a bit cheaper and gave more incentive to shop online. Also, shipping prices seemed really high and I could get a better deal using another service like eBay. Overall it was a good experience, but it will not be a regular occurrence for me.

Touch of Modern Company Information