2. Miscellaneous

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.20/5

Touch Of Modern is an online store that specializes in men’s products. Customers can browse the online store to find gifts and gadgets for men, including clothing, accessories, watches and high-tech gadgets. Touch Of Modern’ breaks its products down into four main categories: Watches, Home, Tech and Fashion.

BOTTOM LINE

Touch of Modern caters to modern millennial men. It is an expansive online store that specializes in tech, fashion, watches and home accessories for men.

PROS

• Multiple categories
  • Luxury items
  • Discount name brand products

CONS

• Shipping can be delayed
  • Products can be pricey

Top Touch of Modern Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Touch of Modern?

I like that this amazing company is easy to use and it delivers boxes very fast… My overall experience with Touch of Modern is interesting and it saved me a lot of time to do other things, that what I love of buying online. My experiences are always good because it has changed the way I can buy.

I like all the different items they sale. I could be on here all day, looking at all the things they offer. They have such a wide selection. There's something for everyone. I love the look, the layout, colors, design of the website. It's very appealing. I love this site and their products.

Touch of Modern Learn More

What is Touch of Modern?

A Touch of Modern’s primary audience is professional millennial men. The company strives to put together a comprehensive collection of products that are not easily found at traditional retailers, and it continually adds new items. Touch Of Modern is a membership-only site, but there is no cost for membership — you just need to provide an email address.

Once you create an account, you can browse the hundreds of different items on the online store. The website is designed to work seamlessly on computers or mobile devices. You can easily view and track your order status on the website, orders cannot be canceled or modified once they are made because the company works with specialty vendors.

If you are unhappy with a product, you can return it for a refund or store credit. Clearance items and some items that are marked “final sale” cannot be returned.

Products have different shipping times based on where they’re coming from and how long the product takes to make and deliver.

Touch of Modern prices

Touch Of Modern’s goal is to offer high-quality, designer and name-brand products for deeply discounted rates. It consistently runs sales on individual products, and you can tell when a sale is ending by clicking on each product. Below are some examples of the products that the company offers and its discounted rates:

• Falcon leather jacket: $160
    • Dunhill ready-to-wear men’s apparel: $99
    • Assorted California wines: $69
    • Versus by Versace watch:  $119

Touch of Modern FAQ

Who owns Touch of Modern?
    Jerry Hum is the co-founder and CEO of Touch of Modern.
    How does Touch of Modern make money?
    Touch Of Modern partners with designers and quality manufacturers to receive items in bulk. The company then sells them for discounted rates.
    Is the Touch of Modern app free?
    Yes. The Touch of Modern app and membership is free. The membership allows the e-commerce store to keep its prices low by tracking membership.
    Does Touch of Modern ship to Canada?
    Some items can be shipped to Canada, but others, such as knives, cannot be sold internationally.
    What does Touch of Modern sell?
    Touch of Modern sells tech gadgets, home accessories, watches, fashion and unique accessories.
    Where is Touch of Modern located?
    Touch Of Modern’s headquarters are in San Francisco, but it ships to all 50 states. Many products can be shipped to Canada.

Is Touch of Modern legit?

Touch Of Modern is a legitimate company that has been in business since 2012. The company targets millennial males and sells a variety of products, including clothing and gadgets. The company requires membership, but becoming a member is free. The company’s product quality can vary because it works with multiple vendors, but its low prices and extensive inventory make it worth checking out.

Touch of Modern Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Touch of Modern?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Most sites let you know if an item will not make it in time for Christmas. The light I ordered did not say 4-6 weeks, it said in stock. The day later when they notified me (so they knew) I contacted them and they showed zero interest in stopping the order and it was just one day later, Poor service, I would not trust them to deliver for you- sad.

Resolution response: Dec. 4, 2020

Update on 12-3-2020, so it turned out Touch of Modern put the wrong name to the wrong picture. So they refunded the money and let me keep the picture. The second picture was delivered late but did show up, the correct item in good condition. Sucks the sale ended so I can't get the correct picture. Overall not liking the no return policy and the 48hr window to report a problem. Not sure if it's technically a scam but disappointing experience. I would not recommend.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

This was a horrible experience and feels like a scam. I started to shop on the app for Christmas since it had cool stuff at good price. Unfortunately it was a but bust. So far I have 5 orders open and 2 have been completed so far and 1 packages has disappeared in tracking. One was broken and the other was a $90 painting I ordered. Arrived yesterday and it was the wrong painting. Ugly and don't have any use for so I contacted them immediately.

Good thing too because you only have 48 hr from delivery to make any kind of complaint. So if it arrives snapped in half if I called on 3 day I would be screwed. Then they tell me I won't be getting the correct picture because they didn't order it and that I won't get my money back. Just some store credit. Why would I be out everything because they can't do their job. It's just wrong. I don't want store credit to a store that has messed up 3 of the 5 orders. So far out $300+ in wrong product, damage product or lost product. Please learn from me. Avoid this place.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Never accept store credit from these fools. They will take it and not give it back. They bury the details in the fine print and never bother to tell you that they’ll take it back if you don’t use it fast enough. I feel robbed. I will never shop with them again, and this is from a years-long customer who spent hundreds of dollars with this company.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I ordered a $2,000 piece of fitness equipment on Oct 2, 2020. The order was shipped Oct 7, 2020. Around 11/1, I decided to track the shipment as it should have arrived by that time. I contacted the Freight company via the tracking data provided by Touch of Modern on my order history. They indicated that the package/freight is missing and that Touch of Modern needed to open up a claim. Pilot Freight was kind enough to go into great detail on the tracking information and even provided my the contact number to the packing firm that prepared the shipment.

Touch of Modern does not have any customer service telephone number. I have reached out to them via email and via text, as instructed. They have been non-responsive over the last several days. No answer, of any kind. My credit card has been charged, the product is missing, and the seller is not communicating in any way with the customer (me) even after I have reached out to try to find the problem/solution. Very disappointed in Touch of Modern and their sheer lack of customer service, at even a basic level.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

I ordered a Rock Bros wrap around mask and 12 Kn95 replacement filters. After waiting a month longer than the over two month shipping window I was given, they sent me filters that were not the filters I ordered. They simply opted to make a substitution without bothering to ask me if that was acceptable to me. I have to give credit to their customer service department, though, because even though I was rather sarcastic and acerbic in my original communications with them about the filters because, from all the reviews I read about Touch of Modern, I expected less than nothing from their customer service. My experience does not reflect those negative reviews about their customer service. They were courteous, responded quickly, and were diligent in pursuing my complaint. In the end, they were unable to supply the original filters I ordered, however, they refunded me the entire purchase amount. I am satisfied with the final result of my transaction.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I have purchased several items from this website and the items are junk. AND I cannot return them. PLEASE DO NOT buy from them. 2 sets of sunglasses that were supposedly “name brand” sunglasses and they are not. I spent $350 w/ Touch of Modern for these glasses that were suppose to retail at $800... I’m the fool that got hooked into their marketing plan.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I purchased a snore mask and I am not able to return it. It is still in original packaging and was not used. I gave it as a gift. The product is awkward and has a protruding piece in center making it impossible to sleep with it. Company will not refund or give credit if even return. I had it for not even a week. Horrible company. Horrible product. Horrible customer service. They are robots not people. Do not order anything from them. I will not be ever again.

Original review: July 26, 2020

I've ordered four pictures with LED lights and these are nothing like it shown on the site. Poor quality, no accessories to hang it. For other order, been waiting for one month, nothing sent yet. Bad!

Original review: July 20, 2020

I ordered what was describe as a Tri Screen. The description and the picture shows three screens including the PC. I received one screen. The response to my complaint, "Sorry you misunderstood. Purchasing one screen from competitors is in the $150 range not $300." DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. They offer no refunds or exchanges! Terrible and dishonest services.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I recently purchased an Atom Micro USB Emergency Charger from Touch of Modern. I did not realize at time of purchase that they were selling an Android only product. So I asked for a refund. NO! A customer service rep did answer my email but said “NO!“. So even though I’ve never heard of a company that doesn’t allow you to return something, I relented and requested a company exchange. NO! Erin, the customer service rep (I’m surprised they have them!) once again said “Have a nice day....” but NO! Now, I am a senior and admit that I thought the device was iPhone compatible, but that’s what refunds or exchanges are for. A company that refuses you, as a potential customer, the basics of a refund or exchange, shouldn’t be in business. Then I read some of your other reviews of ToM I was shocked to see how bad it is. Do not do business with Touch of Modern. If there’s a problem with your purchase, you will be out your money.

Touch of Modern Company Information