1.26/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Touch of Modern

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Touch of Modern Reviews

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I ordered some noise-canceling headphones in them which they charge me over $500. When I receive them they did not work at all and trying to return them only to be give me the cold shoulder. After four months of trying to get a return for my money I spent from them, I finally took them to small claims court. I won a judgment against them for the 500+ dollars along with court costs. It’s been three months and they still have not paid court-ordered judgment. They Are CROOKS.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Do not order from this company. I ordered a Movado watch over a month ago. I have emailed them over 15 times and still no response and no watch. When I go to the order page it states that a P.O has been issued and no other information. All they do in response to emails is send back an automated response. No way to get in contact with them. These guys are a joke and scam artists. Stay clear. Gave one star only because I had to otherwise 0000000s tars

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Don't try it! You won't like it!!! Just throw your $$$ away! Scam junk made to look good! You will be amazed at the pictures you see and buy it... don't! Just throw your $ in the garbage can!!! I bought over 300 dollars worth of their product after viewing the pictures and commercials on TV. I wish I never saw the commercial and wasted good money on everything I bought from these Russians.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

They are robbers. Their prices are super high. Their shipments are super delayed. If you return something they do not put the money back in your account. They only give you credit and if you do not use it in the time they give you you lose it too. Items such as sunglasses and reading glasses cannot be returned.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I ordered an item on 1 July 2019 and, as of 25 August 2019, the order has not even shipped yet. TOM does not provide any updates about open/delayed orders. I won't do any more business with TOM after this latest experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Touch of Modern?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I gave TOM 4 stars solely for the price of a dress shirt I ordered and the fast shipping time I didn't expect. However, there was a note stating I "saved" $98.00 on a shirt I paid $20.00 for, I went directly to the web site of the brand name on the shirt and they sell it for $59.00!!! Don't get me wrong the shirt is great for the price I paid the quality, looks and fit, BUT definitely recommend you due your research on pricing before buying from TOM, their mark up is HUGE!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I have purchased a number of things from this company. Never once had to complain. Then I order this ring, after using the sizing guide they provide, which turned out to be wholly erroneous. Way off! So, when the ring does not fit, I contact them. Too bad, so sad, I am told. I point out that I have spent literally thousands of dollars with them and that I don't want my $97 back, I just want a ring that fits. Nope. "Unable" to help me with that. Huh? Seriously. Now, I have ordered items that cost several thousands from them (watches) and items that cost just a few bucks. But with that kind of attitude, I won't ever order another thing from them. Buyer beware. Don't assume they will do the right thing when they get something wrong (like a misleading size chart), because they won't.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Here’s why, after being a steadfast customer for 4 years, I regret to say, TOM has lost my business. I like to buy stuff. Neat, cool, cutting edge things. And TOM used to specialize in that. Not so much anymore, but this isn’t the reason I’m leaving. I recently made a purchase for about $90. Typically my purchases run north of $100. I bought 4 t-shirts and something else. As with everything I’ve ever bought from TOM, it took FOREVER to get my order. To be fair, I’m used to this from them, and again not the reason they’ve lost my business.

My order came in pieces (not actual broken pieces like my last TOM order—again not enough to lose my business—in this case they were 4 variations of the same shirt, so I’m not really sure why they came in separate packages), and the first thing to arrive was one of the t-shirts. I was very excited, tore open the package and tried it on.

It was WAY too small and didn’t feel nearly as nice as it seemed it would be based on the listing. Having made a lot of clothing purchases online over the years, not a big deal. It happens. Knowing that there were 3 more shirts on their way of exactly the same size and cut, I proactively reached out to cancel my order. Their response seemed… interesting. "Unfortunately, it looks like this order has already been processed and it's currently on it's way to you. No worries! Once you've received the order you can reach back out to us and I can assist you in returning this item for a store credit. Please let me know if this works out for you. We look forward to your response.”

Okay, while maybe not how I would handle this (seems like a waste), I can handle this. So fast-forward a few days, and the shirts come in. Unfortunately, I’m out of town and can’t email them or return. But do so when I get back. They say the shirts arrived on July 17. Because I was away, I reached out to learn how to return them on July 25—NINE DAYS LATER. Their response? "I am so sorry that these items do not meet your satisfaction. Upon reviewing your order, it looks like these items arrived between June 18th and July 17th and they are outside the return policy. Return policies are listed in the details of each product page. Please review the pages you placed your order through the links below:”

Their return policy is SEVEN days. Even though I proactively reached out, they are doing nothing. Finally, to add insult to injury, when I tried to leave a note about my customer experience, I was told I couldn’t because the issue had been “closed” immediately after the experience. Anyway. Enough’s enough. When TOM started, they only featured cool stuff I couldn’t find elsewhere. Now, the stuff can be found anywhere else, and the difference in price isn’t worth it. Things come broken, or not as high quality as used to be, and this latest experience just shoved me right over the edge. And they no longer go to bat for their customers. Perhaps someday they’ll get back to their roots, but in the meantime, I’ll find another outlet to feed my need for cool stuff.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Recently ordered a men’s tie and when I received the tie it was of substandard quality! The tie did NOT even look like the tie in the online catalog. Shipping took almost 3 weeks to receive! I would NOT recommend anyone purchase from this company!!!

Original review: July 24, 2019

I placed an order for shoes on 6/18/19. The advertisement clearly indicates 2-3 weeks for shipping. Even assuming the products are not in stock in their physical location, this is quite some lead time. Understanding this, I placed the order anyways. I patiently wait until 7/15/19 to check the order status. The item not only has not been shipped, but the status is "PO Sent." They have not even begun any meaningful process to fulfill my order after 4 weeks. I send an inquiry re: status and the response I receive from a Chelsea at Touch of Modern is that the order is "being processed in the warehouse."

I wait until 7/18/19 to check the order status again for any updates. Nothing has changed. I send another request asking for a meaningful update. Other than a computer generated response, my email was ignored. I wait further until 7/22/19, and of course, no change in the order status. By now, there have been other department store sales that I have passed up on because I was waiting on these shoes. I emailed again letting Touch of Modern know that my previous email was ignored, and as of 7/24/19, no response.

I've ordered from Touch of Modern before, and back when they started, they were fine. Slow to ship, but I received my items. Lately, the quality of the products they sell have been terrible, and their customer service practices is beyond terrible. If you like to give a free loan to a company without any expectation of receiving your merchandise/products, this is the vendor for you! Stay away!

Touch of Modern Company Information