3.8/5 (235 ratings)

About Touch of Modern

Touch Of Modern is an online store that specializes in men’s products. Customers can browse the online store to find gifts and gadgets for men, including clothing, accessories, watches and high-tech gadgets. Touch Of Modern’ breaks its products down into four main categories: Watches, Home, Tech and Fashion.

Pros

• Multiple categories
  • Luxury items
  • Discount name brand products

Cons

• Shipping can be delayed
  • Products can be pricey

Bottom Line

Touch of Modern caters to modern millennial men. It is an expansive online store that specializes in tech, fashion, watches and home accessories for men.

Touch of Modern Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Touch of Modern?

Resolution response: May 14, 2022

I wrote a review in April regarding delayed shipment of sweaters and customer service not fulfilling their agreement to send shipping labels. Well, after I wrote the review, I deleted my account because I didn’t expect any further actions from them. My plan was to sell the sweaters online. Interestingly, TOM Customer service sent an email with the shipping labels two weeks after the review.

I mailed the sweaters back and I’m here to report that I did receive my refund today. My guess is that they are in need of additional employees to help with customer service issues like everyone else. While I cannot change my original one (1) star, today I give them four (4) for fulfilling their original obligation (although it was an extremely slow process).

Original review: April 14, 2022

Preparing for spring break in NY, I ordered several sweaters for my husband. One sweater shipped in time while the others were delayed by more than 3 weeks. I contacted Touch of Modern to have the ordered canceled. Customer service originally said that they will attempt to place a stop on the order. The next email said the order was being shipped. Frustrated, I emailed them again regarding the original plan to cancel and receive and refund. This representative apologized and stated that he would email a return label. I received the packages and have yet to receive the return label. I just sent another email to follow-up on the return label. In all honesty, I do not expect any follow-up or transparency regarding a return label. I figured they were scammers after the return label was never emailed. While I did not pay for the sweaters using my AmEx, I believe they must be exposed for their business practices.

Original review: April 2, 2022

A regular customer of Touch of Modern, have spent thousands there. However after you make a purchase, Be Aware// The customer service dept do not care about You or your purchases. I'VE RECENTLY Bought a sheet set, I was shipped a set with only one pillow cover, let customer service know, they don't even respond to you I've should have had two pillow covers according to packaging. Also I've bought three belts. They were shipped to me defective belts from China, I contacted customer service. Nothing. No responses. They got my money for the junk but no customer satisfaction HERE. Watch out for their final so-called sales. Fortunately most of my purchases with touch of modern the products were okay. However with the lack of customer service I will spend my money elsewhere. 'Later'

Original review: April 2, 2022

I tried Touch Of Modern for the 1st time in February 2022. I ordered a watch and received it in a few days in perfect condition. Because of that one experience, I placed 3 more orders, that's when the HORROR began. **2nd Order: I ordered a Lamborghini watch (Advertised as "New" w/ 2-year warranty) which I received in 2 weeks. The yellow leather watch band was completely destroyed, severed at the watch case, and black scrapes on both bands. The crystal had multiple pits, scratches, and even finger smudges (ON THE INSIDE OF THE CRYSTAL).

I emailed Touch Of Modern within an hour of opening the box, (they do not accept live calls.) As of this writing 04-01-22, they are still refusing to replace it blaming their vendor Lamborghini, saying Lamborghini is not returning their calls and emails. I received an email from Lamborghini on 03-29-22 advising me "this is the first they've heard of the problem, we respond to emails within 24 hours." He went on to say "We only send out new watches that go through several inspections before they are sent. It sounds like another customer bought the watch from Touch Of Modern, wore it, then returned it back to Touch Of Modern; then Touch Of Modern sold it to you. I don’t want to get in the middle of that.”

They asked me to send photos to them, and after I did they responded back telling me to send it to Lamborghini (1) at my expense, (2) they will replace the band and "look at the crystal". I advised them I want what I paid for a NEW watch, not a used or refurbished watch. Lamborghini told me "Evidently I cannot please you, the best thing will be to go thru Touch of Modern for a return claim." The next day I received an email from Touch Of Modern saying: "Our vendor partner has stated that they will be contacting you directly regarding this issue. They have stated that all you will need to provide them with is a copy of your Touch of Modern receipt. If you are still having issues when they contact you, please let me know!" This email a day AFTER: Lamborghini had refused to replace the watch and sent me BACK to Touch Of Modern the day before!!

**I ordered a 3rd watch, which they promised waiting 2-3 weeks. It's going on the (THIRD MONTH) since I ordered that watch and not only have I not received it, they have never sent it out, again blaming their vendors, when I could have easily ordered and received it from Amazon in 2 days. Touch Of Modern advertises their products as "NEW", yet in my brief experience with them they have sent (1) Used and Destroyed watch, (2) Another watch that has never been sent, and a (3) A Rare Materials Collection which, again that has never been sent. Touch Of Modern continues to blame its vendors.

The Definitions for Fraud:
* Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

* A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

Is the trust of Modern a scam? If you know anyone that has dealt with them ask.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Avoid buying from a company where you can not reach them for any reason...bought a 900 item and it can not be used due to a 25 cent piece. I used the internet for days to try to find a phone number anywhere on planet earth. It does not exist so I emailed them over and over and over. Wrote letters to the only published address....no responses.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I made a purchase with ToMo recently, and they promised the shipment in 2-3 weeks. One month later nothing was shipped nor did they send any update or explanation. After I contacted their support, they said it was the vendor's fault and they could not provide any ETA. I asked them to cancel the order and send me my money back – which they refused saying the "sale was final". I explained to them that they are in violation of FTC rules and that I did not approve any delays and want my refund, which they simply ignored and then kept sending me automated responses that the sale is final. I had to contact my credit card company and dispute the charge to get my money back. Will never buy from these guys, it's clearly a scam.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I ordered a $1499 watch from Touch of Modern before Xmas, fully paid and email confirmed of the order, promised to deliver before Year End (2021). Today is 16/01/2022 and still no sign of it. And since 01/01/2022, they put my account to "not active" state, so I cannot log in and check my order status anymore. Their Customer Support seldom reply to inquiries, and when they do, their reply is always "we will escalate your problem...and give you an update in 24 to 48 hours". And of course, they never give me any update afterward.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

This company is a scam. They buy second hand..non working..chipped...broken..fake dollar store JUNK! It took 2 1/2 months separately to get 2 separate orders. I bought a nixie bulb clock. It Had been repackaged. And the clock doesn’t work. Went directly to the seller, bought a another clock. Received it in 3 weeks. So why did it take 2 1/2 months for TOM to send it? Out at that point 305.00 with shipping. Just contacted the seller and he was gracious enough to say send it back to him in the UK. And he would gladly fix it. Now that customer service!!!

It’s really not his problem since I bought it from TOM. But they will never get back to you. They don’t care. They lose customers one at a time. Then bought a table top fire pit. Came chipped and the stainless Steel insert came heavily rusted. And all scratched. Honestly looks used.. Totally scratched and sent back. And repackaged and sent to me. They are crooks. I feel robbed of my time and money. I Should have read the one star reviews first. Before I spent good money for total TRASH!!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I received the 4 stools I ordered and saw immediately that they were poor quality. When I contacted Touch of Modern (very challenging project) I was told this product was not eligible for return. I then went to product page and checked the return policy for this item and sure enough it had a drop down which said no returns. This was not obvious at once. Had I known this was a product, or a company, that did not stand behind their products I would never would have dealt with them. Beware. They sell cheap items and their customer service is practically non existent.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

This was my first time purchasing from Touch of Modern. I decided to find some unique items for some family members that have everything. I purchased several items which arrived on time for Christmas with no damages, but being a gift. Returns on most items are not allowed which meant a couple items that did not meet what I thought I was purchasing I'm stuck with. The other issue is no direct phone connection to a customer service department. It appears the email or text to Customer service is placed online for other customers to respond to for answering your questions. Until they set up a real customer service department that you can call and speak to a representative and change their return policies I will not be making future purchases.

I did find some unique products that are not sold by many stores, but items that I could cross shop were priced at or above big box store prices. Of the stores I shop. T.O.M. is the only one without at least a 30 day return policy or a direct contact call customer service department. A completely legit company should have both so a consumer can call if they have an issue or just a question and a minimum 30 days return policy for damaged or items that wasn't what they thought.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I bought a Loft Lyfe // Thatcher C Table (Grey + Black) from them at #109.99 plus $15.75 for shipping and delivery. When it arrived it was damaged and chipped in places. The only way to contact the company is by email. I was told I needed to take picture of the damaged table, shipping label, outside of the box and packing material and they would then send the pictures to THEIR vendor. I now have an unusable Christmas gift stuck stored away in my house waiting for THEIR vendor to decide what I need to do with the item I bought from Touch of Modern. Since the item was damaged, I expected them to send me a return label and have Fedex pick up the item and to either refund my money or ship a NEW undamaged table. So far I have a long list of emails from them and no action and I have a large box stored away in a bedroom. They have the worst customer service of almost any company I have ever dealt with. $109.99Qty: 1

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

This is one if worst company. They flood your email account with ads. They collected payment for my item so quickly. And after that zero communication on status my item. When I insisted they Lie giving company line that they will check and update. So far it has been 30 days since I paid for my item and still I have not received it. And their customer service still will not give an update!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Ordered an iiRcade weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. I was told they drop-ship directly from the vendor and won't even order it until the sale is over. I could have gotten this a week ago from another company for $100 less. They refuse to cancel my order even though they have not yet even ordered the item from the manufacturer. I would recommend that everyone stay far away from this company.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Touch of Modern contract with vendors are very good, for them, they ask you 90 days to pay your invoices and they DO NOT pay on time, I have been emailing them over and over again, after 90 days of invoicing for a very low amount, and they keep replying:- "We will contact the other department," or whatsoever, what a shame. That’s probably how they can make very low prices, not paying their suppliers.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I would not buy again and will file a BBB Complaint for false and misleading advertising and product description. I bought a pair of shoes, they said It was leather. I have plastic shoes in a box that look like they were manufactured uncontrolled, non QA and QC environment. Do not buy anything from this vendor.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

Touch of Modern has terrible customer service and sells inferior products. I purchased a convertible beanbag chair. It is supposed to be stuffed with a queen sized beanbag mattress. The mattress that I received is stuffed with shredded foam (old and hard). When I contacted Touch of Modern about a return I received an email saying that the product was a final sale and can't be returned. The only place that I could find that information was on the invoice after I placed the order. Save yourself some grief and hours of aggregation, don't purchase anything from Touch of Modern!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Purchased an item believing it was a metal version of a sling-shot that I had purchased on Amazon in heavy plastic. The item was listed as "aluminum alloy" and priced at $109.00. The one I purchased on Amazon was exactly like it for $26.00 under a different brand name. When I received the item it was exactly like the one that I had purchased for $26.00! It's exactly the same except I received more extra items (ammo balls, ammo bag, flashlight batteries) with the $26 version. I contacted T.O.M. the very same day I received it and asked for an RA to return the item. I was told the item was "not returnable"!

Since when is an unused item unreturnable the same day received? Who's customer service is that bad? Touch of Modern, that's who. I had purchased 3 items myself in the past year, 2 on my daughter's account and 3 on my sons. Not a one-time unappreciative customer, but a loyal customer by definition. Had no influence on their return decision whatsoever and the listing did not include a "sales final" warning.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I placed my order and received it in a timely manner. It’s when I, excitedly, opened my package, I noticed, immediately, that something was wrong. I’ve purchased from Tiffany’s many times and quickly realized the packaging was fake. After a day, I noticed a huge crack on the heart. This feels very shady. I’ve requested a refund to my back because I do NOT want any of their products. Let’s see how this plays out…

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Touch of Modern erased my order, I printed it at the time of order. They sent 2 Bask No. 9 Masterpiece of Seduction and none of the Tangerine Dream Cologne (more expensive!). So the company ripped me off. Nothing like being shorted. Filing a FTC complaint too.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Dear madam/sir, This is the first time I ordered multiple watches in your website and it did not received yet. I followed up on after the mentioned time frame only it's been more than 55 days since my order and when I spoke with the customer support completely their answer is different. They said 3 different dates saying my watches are getting arrived and they skipped all the mentioned dates and said another different date. Even I waited for that day too. They missed that day too and when I again sent email they said that watch has arrived and inspection is going on with logistics team.

I waited for 5 days and again asked what is the update now? They are saying that the watches are not received yet so I am really lost hope in the words of customer support. I am really depressed and asked to cancel my orders and will go to another website for buying now. They are saying that it's a huge amount and it needs to get approval. Do you think is that necessary for me? I want to beat myself with my shoe. Done a big mistake in shopping TOMO. I clearly mentioned it's a gift I need to present but you guys are not there on your words in sorting out this and fix my problem.

Resolution response: July 29, 2021

Erin in customer service did get back to me and issued a credit for the pants they sent in the incorrect size. She told me to keep the pants they sent in error. I thus feel satisfied with the response from Touch of Modern.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I ordered a pair of pants 36W by 34L. They sent 36W by 32L. I contacted them to return for a new pair. Erin in customer service told me they don’t have another pair to mail out. I told them I want a credit and asked what to do with the pants that are the incorrect size. Erin responded she can issue a credit to my Touch of Modern account. She never answered what I am supposed to do with the pants. I responded, "I want a credit to my credit card or PayPal account not Touch of Modern." Have not heard anything else so will dispute the charge!

Original review: July 24, 2021

I bought a Humbird bluetooth speaker. It's really bad quality. Their return policy doesn't allow me to return this item for exchange nor refund. The speaker is worst than any bluetooth speakers in the market and their claim is this will boost the sound 4-5 times volume of any average phone.

Resolution response: May 3, 2021

Update: A representative has reached out to me and was able to cancel my order! I am truly shocked and also very grateful that there was a follow up with a resolution.

Original review: May 3, 2021

I placed an order for the wrong item (specific color) and attempted to cancel (then re-order) within 46 minutes but they refused and said that due to their policy then cannot do it. Supposedly the orders are IMMEDIATELY forwarded to the vendors and processed right away... But the shipping is 2 weeks unlike other websites that can ship in 2 days... I am so disappointing as a order a specific product for a gift and picked the wrong color and CANNOT return this $900 product. My bad I guess...

Original review: April 30, 2021

Be very wary of any item you purchase online with them, first of all the bulk order for savings is a crock since I will have waited almost 2 weeks for sunglasses I purchased from them for $130 which I found on eBay exact same pair brand new with 4 day free shipping for $79. Be very very careful when purchasing anything from them and make sure to research these amazing deals online first as I am 100% sure you will find the exact same item for less.

Original review: March 27, 2021

Products targeted towards millennial males. Great if everything they sold wasn't low quality (dollar store) (as seen on TV) over hyped CRAP. Neat unique is great, desirable, enviable. Hype it up. When you receive your order it's still low quality cheaply manufactured CRAP. Save your money for well manufactured, well engineered quality products from reputable manufactures. Sincerely, duped more than once.

Original review: March 24, 2021

Absolutely baffled how this company makes business the way they do, they take your money and then you have to wait nearly a month to get it, like it comes from China or something.... Not only do they charge $10 for shipping even for a small trinket, when these days nearly all legit online sellers offer some sort of free shipping, but they then ship via the slowest Snail-mail possible in the hole of the US, taking like 10 days to get to you!!!! Yep, and this is AFTER 2-3 weeks you placed your order, that's right, you better not need whatever you "bought" from them for the next month because that's how long it takes to get to you....Oh, and here is the fun part, after the month is over and you finally get your item, if something's wrong with it, there are NO refunds or exchanges, how is this place still in business is beyond me!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I recently placed an order for a watch which caught my fancy. When I received the item, it did not meet my expectations. I immediately contacted ToM and was told that refunds were not available. In addition, when I searched the watches web site, there was no such watch listed.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Paid for an item and never received it. Touch of Modern refused to cancel order or refund money. They are stealing from me and they will steal from you. Do not do business with this disreputable company.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I know, I know you have heard the stories before but at One point you probably would have seen a 5 star review here but this Company is on the decline and has been for a long time. I have been shopping this website probably since its inception and initially, my experience was positive. It started first more than 5 years ago when I ordered a clock, it came smashed. They made me jump through hoops and video record the box and damage to get a refund. Then I ordered an expensive watch. Advertised as New, the watch was beat up and used. It was so frustrating but I sent it back and they refunded me my money but only after a small fight.

I continued to buy from here, small items as they have some fun stuff to find. Now recently I ordered a watch, arrived 3 weeks late. Even with covid it took over 6 weeks to arrive, much much too long as they stated 2-3 weeks. Wait, gets better, I get the watch and it is defective right out of the box. I contact them via email because you CAN'T Call them, NO Number. They tell me basically I'm lying and I don't know who to use the watch. I return it for them to "see if I am correct" about the watch. Now 3 weeks later, No return email or contact. They have my money and my defective watch. Who know what they will do? This is not how you do business, how they are still in business is a surprise but I implore you, use the website to find some great items but just go buy it locally, at the MFR website, Ebay, Amazon or anywhere else. Otherwise be prepared for frustration and disappointment. Good Luck TOM!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Touch of Modern implied this device was independent of third-party administrators and would stream directly to your mobile device. That’s only partly true. It requires users to download an app that is written in Chinese. When I went back to the TOM site, their return policies are next to impossible. I did not see on any of my purchase pages online that this was a final sale (no returns allowed), and even IF they would allow me to return it for a store credit, it has to be within 7 days of receipt. I bought this as a Christmas gift. I would never purchase from this company again. They operate without integrity or honesty.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Ordered a product, did not realize that the ship date is 5-7 weeks. When I contacted customer service to cancel the order, they said all sales are final! And they refused to cancel the order. That's not called service!

Touch of Modern Company Information