3.73/5
Based on 22 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

22 Stitch Fix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I've received THREE Stitch Fix boxes so far. I've actually really loved the clothes I've received and have kept a minimum of 3 things from each box. But, my complaint is this... My boxes have gotten more expensive each time. Example: I bought a pair of skinny jeans from the first box for $44. My second box had another pair of skinny jeans for $54, and my third box has a pair of skinny jeans for $64! Come on... that's not a coincidence. It's as if once they find the things you really like, the price keeps climbing? Has anyone else had this issue?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I was excited to receive my first Stitch Fix box, but I was disappointed to find the contents contained clothes I do not wear and had indicated in the stylist questionnaire. I did not feel any effort was put into "my" box, but I had to pay a stylist fee even though I did not like anything in the box. I cancelled the subscription and will not be recommending it to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Clothing Subscription Boxes delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I notified them of a slight issue with one of the pieces they sent me. I did it so they could fix it moving forward. I didn't think there was anything to do about my current situation. But when I told Stitch Fix of the problem, they immediately apologized and refunded me! They sounded more upset than I did! This just proves they are willing to go above and beyond to keep their customers happy. Very rare nowadays! I'm so happy I chose this company for my styling needs!

Original review: May 5, 2018

It was very nice to shop online for a change and I enjoyed it. I will be shopping online again for a while, I had to send some things back that didn't fit but other than that I was good.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Pretty easy, online questions. I like having someone suggesting new styles I wouldn't normally try. Also, I like the ability to return them if I don't like them and the variety of choices available. Giving updates on what I like and don't like, what works and doesn't work, I could make adjustments as needed. Figuring out my style and what I like through a variety of pictures as well as descriptions. It was nice to not be able to go to the store to have to try everything on while dragging my kids around with me. It was fun to wait for my package, like getting a gift! But sometimes the products seem to be low quality, I felt like I ended up returning more than I kept because the cost wasn't worth it. It's too expensive in the end.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stitch Fix?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

It's easy to get started, just sign up online and fill out profile. I really like this service. Affordable for all you get, fast shipping, items arrive quickly and packing is great. Personalized to fit your needs and style. Customer service is stellar as well. Garments I received I really liked except for one which was easy to send back and switch out.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

The most helpful thing that any of these services could do is give you a live person to speak with that actually is a stylist or has some knowledge about clothing or the clothing offered by the website. I do not feel that it is a real stylist. I think that it is all computer-generated and a bunch of crap. If there really was a stylist why didn't I get their name, why wouldn't they asked me to describe how I like to look, and I wouldn't have to be shown pictures of clothes and asked which one I like better. Just showing me pictures of clothes and asking me if I like them or not does not determine what I like. If you want to really understand how someone likes to dress you need to ask them to explain it to you otherwise you're just making a generalized assumption.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I loved how easy and simple it was to sign up online. Fill out information about yourself and answer all the detailed questions they provide. There are options to customize your options and I was very satisfied. I liked how I could pick when I wanted deliveries. I also like that it was customized to me and if I didn't like something I could return it and get feedback from my stylist about what could have been better. However, I wish that you didn't lose $20 if you didn't order anything. I would like more one on one talk with the stylists. Wish they provided bigger clothing sizes and they would do a men's line. I get to cover the cost of shipping but since I'm not picking out the clothes I didn't find it fair I had to pay for them not picking out good items. Also I wish the pricing of items was cheaper. Even after picking cheap as possible items were still pretty pricey.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I just got my first Fix and I loved every piece. It was exactly what I was hoping for! Styles that I would not have chosen on my own, but look great, fit well and freshen up my existing wardrobe. I am really pleased with this service! Initially I thought the stylist would not find the right fit because I did not enter my exact measurements or the right find the style, but it was perfect. The jeans fit amazing. The tops and dress are super cute. All that is missing are shoes. Really wish you had shoes in my size. It would put it over the top. Stitch Fix has allowed me to see my style with fresh eyes.

Usually shopping is much fun for me. End up kind of bummed out because things don't fit right, but Stitch Fix has made shopping easy and not only painless, but super fun. Can't wait to show off my new clothes at work. However, when I went to wear one of the tops it was coming apart at the seam. It's a fine fabric and it looks like it raveled at the edge of the seam. I love the top and it fits so nicely but am so disappointed I didn't notice before. I still wore it under a sweater.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

The recommendations from the stylist are very good and really match my personality and style. I like having the choice to keep certain clothing and not keep certain styles. The stylist knows what I like and do not like. They know my body shape and figure and that I like quality and conservative and classic clothing. However, Stitch Fix is a bit expensive. I find myself wanting to take a break from the ongoing subscription type of business because of the cost and I find myself buying clothes I do not need.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

The Stitch Fix subscription takes the thinking out of style, simply try it on and send back what doesn't fit. I like how they customize to you, and they suggest what to wear. The clothing seemed to be of good quality as well. But the price is a little bit much and that's why I chose the 3 month subscription. Also didn't like how you have to buy the whole box to get deals. I would like to see a texting feature where your stylist is available on the go. Overall, it's an intuitive style for dummies. It is very easy to get started and the stylist was very helpful. The box comes with styling tips, which takes the guessing out of putting together the outfits.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

You go online and sign up by registering an account. You then personally pick between a few different styles that is supposed to help Stitch Fix customize it to you. I like that clothes are delivered to your house to try on which makes it easy because sometimes it is a hassle to go to the department store and pick out different clothes just to find out none of them fit you. Also it's very busy at the department store so getting your clothes delivered to you allows you to really take a look at it and even wear it for a little bit if you want. However, it didn't seem personalized. I had my Pinterest account linked up that has a separate section of clothing that I like. They kept giving me baggy tops. It was the same styles over and over again. It seemed very boring and cookie cutter. I think that they don't have enough time to research what clothes someone personally likes because the stylist always changes so no one gets to know you. They have to start over every month.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Stitch Fix is the best! It is very easy to use. All you do is fill out this personal style questionnaire. It asks things about your style and price range, so that they can get you thing that you like. Then, they mail you 5 things and you keep what you like. They always make sure to pick out stylish things that I like and that fit me perfectly. I am short, so it is hard for me to find pants that are short enough and not too long on me, but they do a perfect job! I really love everything about them, but I would like more sales and better prices.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Love the idea of receiving a complete outfit. It comes with accessories for any occasion. I usually receive clothes from business casual to going out. I also like the ability to change it up from time to time. The process is quick and easy. Open up the website and it step-by-step explained throughout the entire process. Although I love it, I wish the prices were a little bit lower. Even though I like the convenience I would like to have coupons and a lower price. I would also like for the clothing to arrive a little bit quicker than it does.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

It's easy, convenient and nice. I liked the service a lot, I like that you can pick and choose and you don't have to pay unless you really like something but I didn't like how long the process took because of the shipping methods. I would probably prefer to just buy clothes in stores for this reason. I guess it depends on the situation. Getting started is so easy! The website walks you through everything and you can choose to customize a lot. I am mostly satisfied with what is sent to me but a lot of it is plain and not as interesting as I'd normally like. Although all in all a good service and definitely worth, I would change the shipping and delivery/return methods. I know it's impossible or close to it to have everything happen within a days time like sending something back and receiving next within a day but that would be great and make me much more likely to use this service again.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I filled out a questionnaire at Stitch Fix and it included my age, size, clothing style and billing information and I was signed up and it was done. The clothing picked out and shipped to my home to try on and decide if I wanted or needed them. The clothing was good quality and exactly what I wear normally. But some of the clothes were not natural fabrics. The time frame to return what I didn't want was entirely too short. Some of the clothes were too expensive. But it is easy to start and end a subscription. I have recommended the service to others. Very positive and professional service.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Stitch Fix is easy, time saving and stylish. It was easy to sign up and get started. I'm not sure I chose the right settings at first since I was trying to go with new styles but after the first shipment, I was happy overall with the pieces chosen for me. They have great styles and pieces I would not normally try on. As a busy mom with three young kids, personal fashion isn't something high on my priority list so this service was great! But the prices were higher than I would usually spend on myself and I tend to only shop good sales for myself at familiar stores.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My experience with Stitch Fix was very satisfactory. I love it. They really make me feel beautiful. The service is really nice and I've never had a bad interaction. I usually pick this company when I'm scheduled for a special event. I pick from a variety of selections. Their selections are usually stylish and trendy so I don't really have to make a hard decision. I love how their styles are constantly changing and keeping in style with the latest trends. It's so easy, all I do is look through the catalog and choose my favorite or I request a certain hairstyle. However, I wish it wasn't that expensive. I love being pampered and I understand that it will cost me some money, but if it was cheaper I would use this company more often. I'm not complaining I'd still use this company.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Tasteful, timely, and flattering pieces should make Stitch Fix a big hit...not for me though I'm in to cheap. They were wonderful and attentive to my tastes and needs. They did an amazing job picking just the right pieces for me. However, the prices are extremely high and makes shopping the never ending one day sales at department stores a little more enticing. They need to offer a max price per piece setting for I myself like sales. The prices per piece were ridiculously overpriced. The pieces were beautiful though. There were a couple I'd never wear, but at $60 for a t shirt I'm okay with that. Overall, they are good but too expensive.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I like the whole idea of this kind of thing. I am not one of those people who can just throw outfits together and look amazing. So I find that having it done for me very beneficial. I wish it was more than just one outfit though. If it included at least a week's worth of outfits in every shipment it would be ideal. I do like this service and the whole concept. I am just satisfied. However more communication with my personal stylist would really make me feel more like a person rather than a number.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Stitch Fix offers good value for the money which we are spending. I like the personal style for the men and woman and they will provide very good suggestion about the suitable dress. Also, I do not find any difficulty in finding the good match fit to my style.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I like that the personal stylist at Stitch Fix asked me a lot of questions regarding color, style, fit what kind of pants, skirts, glasses I like. Whether for work whether for casual they go into a lot of depth. Not something I usually do when I pick out clothes so this is a good thing. While I find them involved and game changer, they need more options as far as boot cut jeans or straight leg pants, button-down blouses or pull over blouses, sweaters. As far as them picking out direct outfits for me is fine because I'm not very good at that.

Stitch Fix expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Stitch Fix is an online personal shopper service that sends a curated box of clothing and accessories, called a Fix, to men and women. Shipping frequencies range from once every few weeks to once every six months. You can also choose to buy on demand boxes, instead of having a subscription. Set your style and price preferences, then receive personalized outfits in your Fix. Keep what you want, then send back the rest for free. Stitch Fix averages a price of $55 per article of clothing.

• Stitch Fix cost: Stitch Fix charges a $20 nonrefundable styling fee for each Fix you receive that is applied toward anything you buy from your box. On average, expect to pay around $55 per article in your Fix, however prices for individual pieces range from $20-$400. You’ll get a 25 percent discount when you buy all five items in your fix.

• Return policy: You have five days from the day you receive a Fix to try things on and decide what you like. Then you send back any items you don’t want, and the company charges your credit card for what you keep. Contact Stitch Fix for need extra time if you haven’t decided after five days.

• Free shipping: Shipping both ways is included in the cost of your styling fee, so you don’t have to pay anything extra. You’ll receive a prepaid return envelope with your Fix.

• Stitch Fix outfits: Your stylist will choose your items based on your responses to a detailed Style Quiz. Women might receive tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes or accessories. Members of Stitch Fix Men can receive casual items, like t-shirts and hoodies, or business attire. Let your personal stylist know if there are particular things you definitely do or don’t want.

• Referral bonus: You’ll earn a $25 credit to your account for every person who signs up for Stitch Fix using your referral code and receives an order.

• Best for: women and men who want to build their wardrobes.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Stitch Fix Company Information