Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.37/5

Stitch Fix Reviews

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

When I signed up for Stitch Fix, I got the account during a promotion so I got my first three boxes for the price of one styling fee ($20). I had them come once a month. The first box was pretty good and I kept 3/5 items. The next two were not my style at all! It was like they weren’t leaving any of the (very detailed) notes on my profile. I actually went to the website and quit after the third box but they asked for one more chance. They said they’ll waive the $20 styling fee for my fourth box. I went for it since there’s nothing to lose (returning items is SUPER easy)! They set me up with a new stylist: Hayley. She’s an absolute angel. This latest box fits me to a T! I will definitely not be canceling my membership as long as she’s my stylist. Thank you to Stitch Fox and Hayley!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

Okay I decided to try it out. Why not? The first box would be shipped free, and I could send back FREE as long as it was within the 3 day time frame. OMG! I loved EVERYTHING! All the tops, the jeans, the shoes. They nailed everything I said I wanted. I've been wanting to renew my style for a while and it's been hard to find what I've been wanting. My stylist seems to have read everything I had asked for, BESIDES the pricing I wanted to spend. I wanted each item to be between 15-20 dollars and I specified that. All the shirts were 40-50$. The jeans were 60 and the shoes were $89. The only time I spend that much on shoes is gyms shoes that are going to last me a few years that I wear daily, not dress shoes I will only wear on occasion. Regardless My hubby loved the things that were sent to me as well.

I wanted to buy at least the 3 shirts and take off the jeans and shoes but by the time I did that and they offered 25% off (like $80). I was only 40 less than what I would have paid for 3 shirts vs taking the whole box. So he bought the entire box. I set it up every 3 months, but would have done it more frequently if the price I could afford was taken into account. But I can't really complain because what was sent to me was worth the asking price. They were GOOD top brands and EXACTLY the items I desperately looked for in stores.

Get expert buying tips about Clothing Subscription Boxes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I’ve been using Stitch Fix for a year now. I love it! Jeans that fit are hard to find. Yet Hannah has hit it out of the park every time. I like that I don’t have to keep everything. I get 5 items and choose which to keep. This is great if you’re on a budget and can only afford one or two items. I’ve seen complaints about cost. You have the option to choose the price range you want and you can change it at any time. Several times I’ve kept everything. A couple times I’ve sent back two or three items. I like having the option to comment on and rate each item received. And it’s so easy to return items at no cost.

To get the most out of Stitch Fix it’s best to take advantage of the style shuffle on their site as well as creating a Pinterest board specifically for your stylist to view. I daily save all sorts of clothing I like to my board. You just add the url for your Pinterest to your account information. After being a member for over a year I find that my stylist, Hannah, include more personal notes in my orders. She’s referenced things on my Pinterest board more than once. It’s allowed us to discuss what didn’t work and why. And you can change stylists if you want. Hannah gets me. I don’t expect to keep everything. I hope there will be at least one new item I will like. But Hannah has outdone herself. If your expectation is to have a shipment of perfect items each time then you’ll be disappointed eventually.

The quality of clothing has been very good. I’ve tried other similar services and have cancelled as soon as I could. They claim to be better quality than Stitch Fix but they aren’t. You can order whenever you want. They don’t trick you into choosing auto ship. You can choose individual can opt for auto ship every two months, every other month or monthly. You can just order a one time order whenever you want. Stitch Fix is the real deal and make everything so easy. But if you like to have complete control over your shopping choices and don’t relish surprises, then you may not enjoy this service or anyone else’s.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I have never owned clothes fit my body and my style better. I live in NYC and finding anything decent in my size at any store I visit has already been bought - I'm a DD and a size 10-12. The stress of shopping, finding the time, commuting, and the likelihood that any buys will be out of necessity not love for the item. I have yet to not love anything I've received from Stitch Fix. And the styling has only gotten better- I've never felt sexier and felt more confident in my clothes. And THE JEANS that Stitch sends me <3. Finding well-fitting jeans in my size is a feat. Jeans I buy are always too loose or too tight in certain areas. Finding one good pair of jeans while shopping is a miracle but the 7 pairs I've received from stitch fix have always fit like a glove - form fitting but not too tight and very flattering.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have had Stitch Fix since January 2019, and I have been very impressed with their service, both with the subscription service as well as customer service. The pricing for the service is fair; you pay $20 for the styling fee, but can then use that $20 as credit towards anything you choose to buy. The items that they send seem to be $40 or higher, which is a little out of my price range, but the stylist that I've worked with has done an absolutely incredible job listening to my feedback and has sent me some beautiful items that I love.

I've had to contact customer service twice three times, and each time it has been a very pleasant experience. The first time, I had a question about the charges on my account and the customer service representative gave me a very detailed answer and made sure that all of my questions and concerns were addressed. The second time, I was late sending in the return box and the representative very quickly extended my due date for the box with no problem. The third time, I noticed a tear in an item the first time I wore it, and the customer service representative refunded the cost of the item and let me keep it to donate/throw away/repair.

All in all, I feel that this subscription service isn't for everyone, especially if you're pretty good with finding items for yourself in stores and don't necessarily need the curated style box or don't have the room in your budget, but for what it is, I have had nothing but positive experiences with this company and find that it's a great service for what it claims to be. I have currently put my subscription on pause for financial reasons, however I look forward to going back to the service again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stitch Fix?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I've been with Stitch Fix for over a year now and wasn't sure how I felt about some of the styles but tried on. The fit was great but they get in a rut with colors last December. For an outfit I asked for something nice for a corporate holiday party they sent me Jeans, a grey jacket made out of sweatshirt material and an eggplant purple blouse did not scream holiday party to me. The then this year asked for something nice for holiday party they again send me purple and grey. The dress they sent was purple and black and floral pattern. Was big and did not look good on me. But also in the box was an eggplant colored skirt. Not too bad. And also a grey denim jacket. Granted this fix was done by a sub and I was told mine was on vacation but she should looked at pieces I already had and not repeat the same colors over and over.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I have been receiving fixes for the past 4 months. I couldn’t be happier with the items I have been sent. It is very evident that my stylist not only looks at my profile but also my style board. All of the pieces I have received are high quality. Returning couldn’t be any easier. I had 2 pairs of pants in my last fix that I requested a different size in. They shipped the new ones to me before I even had a chance to return the others. And they provide a postage paid envelope to return your items in. You simply have to drop them off at the post office. If you are a busy working mother like myself who doesn’t have the time or want to go clothes shopping I highly recommend this service! And it is so exciting each month to see what has been sent to you, it’s like Christmas morning!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I was given a gift card to Stitch Fix and had to go through three receipts and returns of packages to find something I only kind of liked so I would stop having to deal with all the return mailing. If I had the option, I would have asked for the money back to go find my own clothing. Doing the little style games on the website and sending notes to my stylist wound up completely useless: I would always receive things that seemed like a bunch of surplus items that these brands weren't able to get off their hands through other means. The overall 'style' you will receive is that version of the cold, lifeless aesthetic of some techie who thinks that shopping for clothes is nothing but a frustration (surprise).

Overall, I vehemently dislike the idea of this company- a bunch of probably underappreciated (according to Glassdoor) tech employees who don't know the first thing about me, doing me a 'service' that I think should not exist as an option in the first place. The whole affair made me sad and angry. I hope this will not become the norm.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I tried this in the hopes of getting a much needed update on my wardrobe. I read the agreement which later turned out to be false. I made a purchase and did not get my styling fee refunded. I did ask and was told that I was not eligible. I guess they change terms when it suits them. Maybe I missed the teeny tiny writing that says StitchFix can do whatever, whenever. The only reason I made the purchase is because I was informed that any purchase in a fix will have the 20 styling fee deducted. WRONG. I did try to keep up on feedback and rating but the website is done very poorly. The language is limiting and not really set up in a way to learn more like that advertise.

Somehow this process that is supposed to be more convenient has turned into a chore. I had to send 3 separate emails to make sure that my account was closed. Again their website, which the company depends on, takes you in a loop when you want to cancel any part of their "service". I gave it two stars because I have to take some blame. I read reviews and I still chose to try. Also the first box arrived and I was so excited. I opened the box and tried on clothes that were laying on my midsection which I had addressed as a problem I would like to work around. People it's a crapshoot and stitch fix will get more than you will!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I am transitioning from scrubs and really needed help. I did get one good order but beyond that returned everything. A few things happened - When I asked for specific things, they never delivered, not once. When I asked them to never send certain things - I got them with regularity. And the thing that put me over the edge was getting out of season clothing. I did cancel my subscription and go back to bulk ordering off Nordstrom and returning what I didn't like which is a royal pain.

They asked for another shot so I tried one last time. The order that I got was a pair of orange riding pants with leather pads on the inner thighs, a summer shirt, and three synthetic sweaters. The topper was the note they sent to Amber with styling tips on her order. (Which was way better than mine, at least in pictures.) My name is Megan. I would say it's not at all what it's supposed to be. But maybe you'll have more luck than me. Or maybe they are just in a slump. I myself think they should send someone to my house and fit me for my new look. And then give it to me free of charge. It was a waste of time.

Protect your property with a home alarm

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home security system for you.

Stitch Fix expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Stitch Fix is an online personal shopper service that sends a curated box of clothing and accessories, called a Fix, to men and women. Shipping frequencies range from once every few weeks to once every six months. You can also choose to buy on demand boxes, instead of having a subscription. Set your style and price preferences, then receive personalized outfits in your Fix. Keep what you want, then send back the rest for free. Stitch Fix averages a price of $55 per article of clothing.

• Stitch Fix cost: Stitch Fix charges a $20 nonrefundable styling fee for each Fix you receive that is applied toward anything you buy from your box. On average, expect to pay around $55 per article in your Fix, however prices for individual pieces range from $20-$400. You’ll get a 25 percent discount when you buy all five items in your fix.

• Return policy: You have five days from the day you receive a Fix to try things on and decide what you like. Then you send back any items you don’t want, and the company charges your credit card for what you keep. Contact Stitch Fix for need extra time if you haven’t decided after five days.

• Free shipping: Shipping both ways is included in the cost of your styling fee, so you don’t have to pay anything extra. You’ll receive a prepaid return envelope with your Fix.

• Stitch Fix outfits: Your stylist will choose your items based on your responses to a detailed Style Quiz. Women might receive tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes or accessories. Members of Stitch Fix Men can receive casual items, like t-shirts and hoodies, or business attire. Let your personal stylist know if there are particular things you definitely do or don’t want.

• Referral bonus: You’ll earn a $25 credit to your account for every person who signs up for Stitch Fix using your referral code and receives an order.

• Best for: women and men who want to build their wardrobes.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Stitch Fix Company Information