2. Miscellaneous

3.5/5 (78 ratings)

About Stitch Fix

Stitch Fix is a network of personal stylists who evaluate your preferences and ship clothing to your door from more than 1,000 top brands. You pay for the items you like and return everything else. Customers can sign up for automatic deliveries or just try Stitch Fix once. This service is available for men, women and children.

Pros

• Styling fee applied to purchase
  • Free shipping and returns
  • Delivered to your door

Cons

• Can be pricey
  • Short return window

Bottom Line

Stitch Fix provides stylish professionals, busy parents, and time-conscious shoppers with personalized style options. While premium brands can get pricey, customers can control how much they pay and how often they shop.

Top Stitch Fix Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

They nailed everything I said I wanted. My stylist seems to have read everything I had asked for, BESIDES the pricing I wanted to spend. I wanted each item to be between 15-20 dol...

Verified

Stitch Fix has been a blast. The stylist I have been working with did a great job of analyzing my information. The styling and fit of all the clothing have exceeded my expectation...

How does Stitch Fix work?

Stitch Fix specializes in styling today’s fashion-forward men and women with high-quality pieces and personal style tips. Customers take a style quiz and create a profile that their stylist uses to hand-select and suggest pieces.

In your profile, you can include personal details, including your height, weight and typical sizes, as well as more specific preferences like colors, prints and fabrics to avoid. You can also choose how often you’d like outfits for the office versus a night out. Each delivery, which the company calls a Fix, comes with free shipping, returns and exchanges. Stitch Fix includes a prepaid envelope for returns with every shipment.

Stitch Fix makes it simple for you to diversify your wardrobe. Through its website, you can browse curated outfits based on previously purchased items and buy your favorite piece in different colors and sizes without a styling fee.

stitch fix style quiz

Stitch Fix stylists

Once you create a style profile, a personalized stylist hand-selects a box of items based on your preferences, budget and profile. Stitch Fix allows you to select how often you’d like to receive a delivery — customers can set up a one-time delivery or automatic deliveries on a monthly, bimonthly or every-three-months basis. You can skip or cancel a delivery at any time.

Once your delivery arrives, you can try on pieces in the comfort of your home and return the clothing you don’t like. Every box comes with a personalized note with styling tips and ideas on how to wear each piece.

Stitch Fix brands

Stitch Fix’s selection includes more than 1,000 brands, including TOMS, Ralph Lauren, Vince Camuto and Nike. The company’s women’s sizes run from XS to 3X with petite, plus and maternity options available. Men’s sizes range from XS to 3XL with big and tall options. Customers must be older than 18 to create an account, but Stitch Fix offers the ability to create a family account for the company's children’s collection.

With the variety of brands available, Stitch Fix provides clothes to fit every lifestyle, whether casual, active, business or dressy. Its iPhone and Android apps also give customers the option to share a profile photo, communicate with their stylist and schedule their next Fix right from their phone.

How much is Stitch Fix?

Each Fix of hand-selected items is personalized to the your budget. Typical women’s and men’s items cost from $25 to $500, and children’s clothes start at $10. Each delivery is slightly different, however, because stylists use the customer’s profile to determine a budget range for the selected clothing.

Stylists might select a pair of jeans at $58 for a budget-conscious shopper but send another shopper a $298 leather jacket. It all depends on the individual’s preferences.

Every customer pays a $20 styling fee once a Fix is prepared. This can be credited toward the final purchase price if a shopper decides to keep an item. If the shopper buys everything in their delivery, they get an additional 25% off the entire purchase.

Stitch Fix FAQ

Are Stitch Fix clothes good quality?
Yes, Stitch Fix carries a variety of high-quality brands made with premium fabrics.
What brands does Stitch Fix use?
Stitch Fix partners with more than 1,000 brands. Partners include premium clothing brands like Helmut Lung, Nike and Fairlane. Stitch Fix also carries sustainable brands like Marine Layer, Beyond Yoga and Threads 4 Thought.
How do I permanently cancel Stitch Fix?
Stitch Fix only charges you when a Fix is on the way. Cancel any deliveries on your current schedule to permanently cancel Stitch Fix. Once you’re ready to receive another shipment, just schedule your next Fix.
What happens if you don't like your Stitch Fix?
Stitch Fix offers customers the ability to provide feedback for future styling and return items using a prepaid envelope. During checkout, Stitch Fix suggests providing specific feedback for your stylist, such as what you didn’t like about a particular piece or item or what you’d like to see instead. This helps the company choose items you prefer for future deliveries.
How can I contact Stitch Fix?
There are two ways to contact Stitch Fix. You can either get in touch with customer service using the company's contact form or the “Help” bubble in the lower right corner of its website. Most inquiries are answered within 24 hours.

Is Stitch Fix worth it?

With its selection of brands, flexible pricing structure and personalized delivery service, Stitch Fix provides shoppers with a modern solution. Premium items can be pricey for budget-conscious consumers, but customers can choose to let their stylists know their price range and budget before each Fix. We recommend Stitch Fix for individuals who would like expert advice creating their own style at an affordable price.

Stitch Fix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stitch Fix?

Original review: June 20, 2021

I’ve had very positive experience with Stitch Fix!! Right now it’s Summer and for whatever reason my favorite pair of jeans, favorite pair of heels, and favorite crop top are ALL from Stitch Fix, despite me spending $200+ a month shopping elsewhere myself. Clearly the people at Stitch Fix have a better sense of styling than I do. ???? The only thing I would complain is that I wish the items averagely are cheaper. I think everything on average is between $50 to $80, when everything at Old Navy, GAP or H&M are below $20. I’ll still be a loyal Stitch Fix customer for the many months to come though. ☺️

Original review: April 29, 2021

Request your fix with:

-- event

-- place/weather/time of year.

Got my best fix ever by sending my stylist this note: "Attending parents' weekend at Univ. of Denver. Need an early fall outfit in DU colors." My stylist went to the DU website to research the colors.

For $280 I received:
-- grey loose tank w tiny gold embellished pattern
-- knee-length hooded maroon cardigan
-- long sleeve collarless distressed grey button down and openwork on sleeves
-- olive green heavy twill pants with deep pockets

-- suede grey wedge booties by TOM'S

Put all straight into my carryon bag! 4 yrs later, these are still my favorite traveling clothes. Cover a variety of weather conditions and temperatures. All of it packs well, comfortable, coordinated. I've now had 22 fixes over the yrs. My closet is updated and coordinated with items I love to wear & fit me great. I am a size 14W (14 WIDE very hard to find). Only twice did I return everything -- that kelly green balloon sleeve sweater and coat just weren't me. THIS IS NOT A DISCOUNT CLOTHING SERVICE. If you don't typically spend $200 - $300 on 5 pieces, you should shop online thrift stores.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

Stitch Fix is incredibly convenient and time saving for those of us who do not have a lot of free time or patience to go shopping and really find what we want/need, but income is so unstable and inconsistent for many of us right now, so I had decided to cancel my membership at least until this pandemic is over and life can go back to normal (????). Then I encountered their customer service department, which is absolutely amazing, and I am now a lifer.

Every time I have reached out to a company's customer service dept for help, as I did with Stitch Fix, I have been left disappointed and infuriated. Only one other company has actually provided excellent customer service that exceeded my expectations by putting my needs over their own profit and treating me like a human being instead of just a revenue source. It would take a great deal of negative experiences with this company for me to ever speak poorly, or change my very high opinion of them after the experience I had. I have shopped a lot of retailers and 3rd party providers, and I guarantee no one else out there can or will provide the quality of service Stitch Fix does, and you cannot put a price tag on that.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I had a change of address nightmare recently. I moved and did the forwarding-address two-step with USPS. However, I totally forgot to change it with Stitch Fix (as I only get 3-4 shipments with them per year). Well, I got the email that it was on the way and will be there very soon! To my OLD address. Ugh! I called Stitch Fix. Of course, it was already being shuttled quickly to my apartment address. I was a devastated and anxious mess. Was I going to be charged for all the clothes in the box?

Lucky for me, I hit the jackpot for customer service. The Stitch Fix customer service agent, while they could not re-route my box, sent out a new box to my new address, changed my account profile to match my new address, told me NO WORRIES if I couldn't get to my old box (I couldn't, my old gate code expired), and asked if they could do anything else! It wasn't just one good person I spoke with either, I get several awesome experiences every time I speak with a Stitch Fix representative. It makes me trust them every time I get my outfits from them.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I have had 3 boxes now plus I bought a coat thru them and never had an issue. I had 1 sweater that had a snag after wearing it and they immediately reached out and offered a full refund. I feel like my stylist listens to the notes you can send them and the style profile. Out of 3 boxes (15 items) I have sent back only 2 items! I'm not sure why others say they have difficulties because the Customer Service is awesome and so are the boxes. I feel like if you download the app and actually interact on the clothes they "suggest" for you then you'll start receiving items fit for you. It's really based on an algorithm people. $20/month isn't not at all bad especially when you get the $20 right back on the clothes you decide to keep. Definitely keeping Stitch Fix!!

Original review: July 26, 2021

I wish I would have paid attention to other reviews before signing up. Items look like they were randomly picked up at a discount store and then slapped with an expensive price tag. A family emergency called me out of town and I was not able to return the box by the return date. No response to my email (could not find a phone number on their website). Last straw was a pair of shoes with the fake leather peeling off. They charged me $69.00. So, my advice is save your money. The items I have been sent could have been ordered off Amazon and I would get exactly what I want, easy returns, and no styling fees. Total rip off.

Original review: July 20, 2021

I love getting the surprise monthly or quarterly but so many of the clothes I kept are just not great quality. The mixed material shirts stain with anything touching the material. Hand cream on your hands, water dripping from a water bottle, anything. I got one that that got little balls all over it. Um, I have kept shirts that have stretched, shrunk, gotten balls, etc. I have a lot of higher end pants that have held up but the tops just are not the best.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I gave this service a good try: several months and several fixes. I took all the quizzes, added my Pinterest board, filled out my profile to describe what I was looking for to the best of my ability, and rated things regularly in the style shuffle. Sadly, I completely agree with another reviewer who stated that her fixes seemed to be styled for someone 20 years older and 20 lbs. heavier, with looks straight out of Dress Barn. I received similarly bland, frumpy clothes in drab tones and ugly prints, despite making my preferences for fitted looks and bold colors as clear as possible. It seemed like all my preferences were either completely ignored or they made a point to send opposite things. Overall, it left me wondering if they just send the same things to everyone based on an age group, or if maybe this service is meant for older women than me at 37.

In my style profile, I asked specifically for styles that are fitted at the waist because I'm an hourglass size 8 with a large bust. Billowy tops make me look enormous or even pregnant. Still, I got all loose, billowy tops and long, boxy cardigans designed to hide the whole body as much as possible. Specified that I wanted to downplay my arms and highlight my cleavage, and got tons of sleeveless, high-neck items (which were also oversized.) Noted that I didn't like wedges, and to never send those, but the only pair of shoes they ever sent me were wedges. Noted that I'm done with skinny jeans, got sent skinny jeans only. I could go on and on this way, but you get the point.

I tried revising my preferences each time, sent them kindly-worded constructive criticism because I'm not going to be rude to anyone ever, but their picks kept getting worse until they eventually sent me a fix of 5 things I just totally hated and then I was done with Stitch Fix. They got a second star added because Stitch Fix customer service was great to me when one of my boxes got stolen, and because I did find a few items that I liked well enough to keep, even though I wasn't really wild about anything they sent.

Original review: June 23, 2021

I signed up hoping to refresh my clothes as well as my daughter’s. I was charged two stylings fees almost immediately. I tried signing into my account to track the boxes about a week later, only to find out my account had been deactivated! No explanation whatsoever, & they charged me for something I won’t even be receiving now! I have called, sent emails, & dm’s with NO answer. My account was charged styling fees for two boxes then closed with no explanation.??? THIS IS NOT HOW YOU TREAT CUSTOMERS - the reviews on Facebook show they have a history of charging customers for items they haven’t received, so this company definitely needs to be looked into further! Stealing from people right now after a global pandemic is just sickening!

Original review: May 21, 2021

First order sent was basically comprised of dresses which I had specifically said NEVER send me dresses. I was told I would get a $20 credit for the styling fee because they had mis-read my profile. Next order was better… But in the meantime I noticed a $20 charge on my credit card. Since I kept some items in the second order the fee for that second order was credited on the total for the items I kept. I asked for the $20 fee on the first order that was completely wrong to be given as promised. I was told styling fees are never credited. After going back and forth a couple of times, I gave up and said my review would reflect my experience. Utterly dishonest by not honoring a promise and I would not do business with them in the future. Definitely not what it’s cracked up to be… I do not recommend!

Stitch Fix Company Information