Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.80/5

Stitch Fix is a network of personal stylists who evaluate your preferences and ship clothing to your door from more than 1,000 top brands. You pay for the items you like and return everything else. Customers can sign up for automatic deliveries or just try Stitch Fix once. This service is available for men, women and children.

BOTTOM LINE

Stitch Fix provides stylish professionals, busy parents, and time-conscious shoppers with personalized style options. While premium brands can get pricey, customers can control how much they pay and how often they shop.

PROS

• Styling fee applied to purchase
  • Free shipping and returns
  • Delivered to your door

CONS

• Can be pricey
  • Short return window

Top Stitch Fix Reviews We Found

They nailed everything I said I wanted. My stylist seems to have read everything I had asked for, BESIDES the pricing I wanted to spend. I wanted each item to be between 15-20 dollars and I specified that. All the shirts were 40-50$. The jeans were 60 and the shoes were $89.

Stitch Fix has been a blast. The stylist I have been working with did a great job of analyzing my information. The styling and fit of all the clothing have exceeded my expectations. The quality has been good with unique finishing touches that you don't usually see at this price point.

How does Stitch Fix work?

Stitch Fix specializes in styling today’s fashion-forward men and women with high-quality pieces and personal style tips. Customers take a style quiz and create a profile that their stylist uses to hand-select and suggest pieces.

In your profile, you can include personal details, including your height, weight and typical sizes, as well as more specific preferences like colors, prints and fabrics to avoid. You can also choose how often you’d like outfits for the office versus a night out. Each delivery, which the company calls a Fix, comes with free shipping, returns and exchanges. Stitch Fix includes a prepaid envelope for returns with every shipment.

Stitch Fix makes it simple for you to diversify your wardrobe. Through its website, you can browse curated outfits based on previously purchased items and buy your favorite piece in different colors and sizes without a styling fee.

stitch fix style quiz

Stitch Fix stylists

Once you create a style profile, a personalized stylist hand-selects a box of items based on your preferences, budget and profile. Stitch Fix allows you to select how often you’d like to receive a delivery — customers can set up a one-time delivery or automatic deliveries on a monthly, bimonthly or every-three-months basis. You can skip or cancel a delivery at any time.

Once your delivery arrives, you can try on pieces in the comfort of your home and return the clothing you don’t like. Every box comes with a personalized note with styling tips and ideas on how to wear each piece.

Stitch Fix brands

Stitch Fix’s selection includes more than 1,000 brands, including TOMS, Ralph Lauren, Vince Camuto and Nike. The company’s women’s sizes run from XS to 3X with petite, plus and maternity options available. Men’s sizes range from XS to 3XL with big and tall options. Customers must be older than 18 to create an account, but Stitch Fix offers the ability to create a family account for the company's children’s collection.

With the variety of brands available, Stitch Fix provides clothes to fit every lifestyle, whether casual, active, business or dressy. Its iPhone and Android apps also give customers the option to share a profile photo, communicate with their stylist and schedule their next Fix right from their phone.

How much is Stitch Fix?

Each Fix of hand-selected items is personalized to the your budget. Typical women’s and men’s items cost from $25 to $500, and children’s clothes start at $10. Each delivery is slightly different, however, because stylists use the customer’s profile to determine a budget range for the selected clothing.

Stylists might select a pair of jeans at $58 for a budget-conscious shopper but send another shopper a $298 leather jacket. It all depends on the individual’s preferences.

Every customer pays a $20 styling fee once a Fix is prepared. This can be credited toward the final purchase price if a shopper decides to keep an item. If the shopper buys everything in their delivery, they get an additional 25% off the entire purchase.

Stitch Fix FAQ

Are Stitch Fix clothes good quality?
    Yes, Stitch Fix carries a variety of high-quality brands made with premium fabrics.
    What brands does Stitch Fix use?
    Stitch Fix partners with more than 1,000 brands. Partners include premium clothing brands like Helmut Lung, Nike and Fairlane. Stitch Fix also carries sustainable brands like Marine Layer, Beyond Yoga and Threads 4 Thought.
    How do I permanently cancel Stitch Fix?
    Stitch Fix only charges you when a Fix is on the way. Cancel any deliveries on your current schedule to permanently cancel Stitch Fix. Once you’re ready to receive another shipment, just schedule your next Fix.
    What happens if you don't like your Stitch Fix?
    Stitch Fix offers customers the ability to provide feedback for future styling and return items using a prepaid envelope. During checkout, Stitch Fix suggests providing specific feedback for your stylist, such as what you didn’t like about a particular piece or item or what you’d like to see instead. This helps the company choose items you prefer for future deliveries.
    How can I contact Stitch Fix?
    There are two ways to contact Stitch Fix. You can either get in touch with customer service using the company's contact form or the “Help” bubble in the lower right corner of its website. Most inquiries are answered within 24 hours.

Is Stitch Fix worth it?

With its selection of brands, flexible pricing structure and personalized delivery service, Stitch Fix provides shoppers with a modern solution. Premium items can be pricey for budget-conscious consumers, but customers can choose to let their stylists know their price range and budget before each Fix. We recommend Stitch Fix for individuals who would like expert advice creating their own style at an affordable price.

Stitch Fix Reviews

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

When I signed up for Stitch Fix, I got the account during a promotion so I got my first three boxes for the price of one styling fee ($20). I had them come once a month. The first box was pretty good and I kept 3/5 items. The next two were not my style at all! It was like they weren’t leaving any of the (very detailed) notes on my profile. I actually went to the website and quit after the third box but they asked for one more chance. They said they’ll waive the $20 styling fee for my fourth box. I went for it since there’s nothing to lose (returning items is SUPER easy)! They set me up with a new stylist: Hayley. She’s an absolute angel. This latest box fits me to a T! I will definitely not be canceling my membership as long as she’s my stylist. Thank you to Stitch Fix and Hayley!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I have been receiving fixes for the past 4 months. I couldn’t be happier with the items I have been sent. It is very evident that my stylist not only looks at my profile but also my style board. All of the pieces I have received are high quality. Returning couldn’t be any easier. I had 2 pairs of pants in my last fix that I requested a different size in. They shipped the new ones to me before I even had a chance to return the others. And they provide a postage paid envelope to return your items in. You simply have to drop them off at the post office. If you are a busy working mother like myself who doesn’t have the time or want to go clothes shopping I highly recommend this service! And it is so exciting each month to see what has been sent to you, it’s like Christmas morning!

Get buying tips about Clothing Subscription Boxes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Stitch Fix has been a blast. I spent years as a clothing designer and merchandiser and really appreciate what an excellent shopping experience they have developed. The stylist I have been working with did a great job of analyzing my information. The styling and fit of all the clothing have exceeded my expectations. I asked for moderately priced products. The quality has been good with unique finishing touches that you don't usually see at this price point. I have had a few requests with customer service and have received prompt and friendly assistance. It's been fun!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

Okay I decided to try it out. Why not? The first box would be shipped free, and I could send back FREE as long as it was within the 3 day time frame. OMG! I loved EVERYTHING! All the tops, the jeans, the shoes. They nailed everything I said I wanted. I've been wanting to renew my style for a while and it's been hard to find what I've been wanting. My stylist seems to have read everything I had asked for, BESIDES the pricing I wanted to spend. I wanted each item to be between 15-20 dollars and I specified that. All the shirts were 40-50$. The jeans were 60 and the shoes were $89. The only time I spend that much on shoes is gyms shoes that are going to last me a few years that I wear daily, not dress shoes I will only wear on occasion. Regardless My hubby loved the things that were sent to me as well.

I wanted to buy at least the 3 shirts and take off the jeans and shoes but by the time I did that and they offered 25% off (like $80). I was only 40 less than what I would have paid for 3 shirts vs taking the whole box. So he bought the entire box. I set it up every 3 months, but would have done it more frequently if the price I could afford was taken into account. But I can't really complain because what was sent to me was worth the asking price. They were GOOD top brands and EXACTLY the items I desperately looked for in stores.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I bought the whole package. Everything was to my liking and it all fit unbelievably well. I am definitely looking forward to receiving my next one. I would recommend Stitch Fix to my closest friend. I wrote a note on my order stating that I had a professional organization meeting coming up and could really use a nice blazer.

I received the following:
      - Blue blazer with a small print design (and it stretches!). Perfect fit.
      - Khaki pants. Another great fit. A little long but that's the size I told them.
      - Dress shirt made of light stretch fabric with an outstanding color and print.
      - Dress belt. Best fitting belt I have ever bought. 2-inches beyond clasp.

- Polo shirt. Made of a light material as I stated in my profile.

To my surprise, everything fit perfectly. The colors and style was perfect. I have no complaints whatsoever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stitch Fix?

Original review: June 17, 2020

I really wanted to like StitchFix. I thought it would be fun, but mostly it's just been frustrating. I filled out the style assessment before receiving my first fix and told them what I did and didn't like. I left feedback on my fixes and asked for certain things to not be sent to me again. And yet, I still kept getting things I told them I didn't want. It's really frustrating to feel like your feedback doesn't matter. I don't know if it's because they have a surplus of items and they're forced to include certain things or if the stylists don't have access to all the feedback customers leave, but it's clear they need to improve their process regardless. I'll just stick to shopping for myself and won't be using their service anymore.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I was skeptical at first. I learned the clothes are very nice & priced decent. I had a problem with a return but, they called me immediately and resolved it. I'm 100% satisfied and I recommend it to everyone.

Original review: May 7, 2020

It seems that two of three items were missing in my return. Customer service reached out and I explained I only kept 2 items. Strange mistake but I they were very polite about the mix up. I sincerely hope that it was just an error in recording at receiving on their end and they find the missing pieces. I'm relieved to know that the response was to not charge me. It was nice to find they default to placing faith in their customers.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I enjoyed that they send a box every 3 month. But mostly these are over the price. I found that same clothes at the outlet mall. Those prices are less than half. Also I returned few items but they charged almost full (because less discount) or $10 difference even if you returned half of in the box. I cancel my membership today, because they still charged full amount by mistake even I returned all of items.

Original review: March 25, 2020

The service, in theory is great. The customer service and follow through are terrible. I’ve been using Stitch Fix for several months. With that being said. I have had a problem with almost every shipment. Problems such as missing items not in the box, items not being credited for items returned.. Packages lost in shipping/return. Customer service contact is only through email where it has taken up to 3 days for a reply. I have used other services such as this...and the prices for styling fee may be higher but it is worth the difference.

Stitch Fix Company Information