2.36/5

Need a home alarm?

Need a home alarm?

61 Stitch Fix Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I bought the whole package. Everything was to my liking and it all fit unbelievably well. I am definitely looking forward to receiving my next one. I would recommend Stitch Fix to my closest friend. I wrote a note on my order stating that I had a professional organization meeting coming up and could really use a nice blazer.

I received the following:
      - Blue blazer with a small print design (and it stretches!). Perfect fit.
      - Khaki pants. Another great fit. A little long but that's the size I told them.
      - Dress shirt made of light stretch fabric with an outstanding color and print.
      - Dress belt. Best fitting belt I have ever bought. 2-inches beyond clasp.

- Polo shirt. Made of a light material as I stated in my profile.

To my surprise, everything fit perfectly. The colors and style was perfect. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I’ve been using Stitch Fix for a year now. I love it! Jeans that fit are hard to find. Yet Hannah has hit it out of the park every time. I like that I don’t have to keep everything. I get 5 items and choose which to keep. This is great if you’re on a budget and can only afford one or two items. I’ve seen complaints about cost. You have the option to choose the price range you want and you can change it at any time. Several times I’ve kept everything. A couple times I’ve sent back two or three items. I like having the option to comment on and rate each item received. And it’s so easy to return items at no cost.

To get the most out of Stitch Fix it’s best to take advantage of the style shuffle on their site as well as creating a Pinterest board specifically for your stylist to view. I daily save all sorts of clothing I like to my board. You just add the url for your Pinterest to your account information. After being a member for over a year I find that my stylist, Hannah, include more personal notes in my orders. She’s referenced things on my Pinterest board more than once. It’s allowed us to discuss what didn’t work and why. And you can change stylists if you want. Hannah gets me. I don’t expect to keep everything. I hope there will be at least one new item I will like. But Hannah has outdone herself. If your expectation is to have a shipment of perfect items each time then you’ll be disappointed eventually.

The quality of clothing has been very good. I’ve tried other similar services and have cancelled as soon as I could. They claim to be better quality than Stitch Fix but they aren’t. You can order whenever you want. They don’t trick you into choosing auto ship. You can choose individual can opt for auto ship every two months, every other month or monthly. You can just order a one time order whenever you want. Stitch Fix is the real deal and make everything so easy. But if you like to have complete control over your shopping choices and don’t relish surprises, then you may not enjoy this service or anyone else’s.

Get expert buying tips about Clothing Subscription Boxes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I have never owned clothes fit my body and my style better. I live in NYC and finding anything decent in my size at any store I visit has already been bought - I'm a DD and a size 10-12. The stress of shopping, finding the time, commuting, and the likelihood that any buys will be out of necessity not love for the item. I have yet to not love anything I've received from Stitch Fix. And the styling has only gotten better- I've never felt sexier and felt more confident in my clothes. And THE JEANS that Stitch sends me <3. Finding well-fitting jeans in my size is a feat. Jeans I buy are always too loose or too tight in certain areas. Finding one good pair of jeans while shopping is a miracle but the 7 pairs I've received from stitch fix have always fit like a glove - form fitting but not too tight and very flattering.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I actually did this service and Trunk Club at the same time. This one is by far better in my opinion. They are more affordable, and clothes fit my taste and my body better. Some of it was a bit more than I wanted but you do get styling fee deducted. Also, I don't know if it is for all boxes because I only bought one so far, but if you keep all the items you get 25% off the purchase. For my first box, everything fit except the pair of jeans, which for me is to be expected because it is hard for me to find jeans that fit (ie. too short, too loose around the hip, etc.). I only kept two of the five things though I liked everything because I didn't think I would wear the other items that often. Basically, I recommend Stitch Fix if you try it out.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have had Stitch Fix since January 2019, and I have been very impressed with their service, both with the subscription service as well as customer service. The pricing for the service is fair; you pay $20 for the styling fee, but can then use that $20 as credit towards anything you choose to buy. The items that they send seem to be $40 or higher, which is a little out of my price range, but the stylist that I've worked with has done an absolutely incredible job listening to my feedback and has sent me some beautiful items that I love.

I've had to contact customer service twice three times, and each time it has been a very pleasant experience. The first time, I had a question about the charges on my account and the customer service representative gave me a very detailed answer and made sure that all of my questions and concerns were addressed. The second time, I was late sending in the return box and the representative very quickly extended my due date for the box with no problem. The third time, I noticed a tear in an item the first time I wore it, and the customer service representative refunded the cost of the item and let me keep it to donate/throw away/repair.

All in all, I feel that this subscription service isn't for everyone, especially if you're pretty good with finding items for yourself in stores and don't necessarily need the curated style box or don't have the room in your budget, but for what it is, I have had nothing but positive experiences with this company and find that it's a great service for what it claims to be. I have currently put my subscription on pause for financial reasons, however I look forward to going back to the service again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stitch Fix?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

This company has you tell "their" stylist what type of items you are looking for. Unfortunately, the "stylist" does not read what you have written! I have been EXTREMELY SPECIFIC and still get exactly what I asked not to get. Lately, I have been getting name brands that are sold at Macy's, Dillard's, and Nordstrom - that I could go their website or in their store and buy. The reason that I initially started using this company was to find unusual items that can't be found off the rack. Needless to say, it has been nothing but disappointing. Not only do they not listen, if you choose not to keep the "crap" that they send you it costs you $20 for the styling fee for the "stylist" that does not read what you took the time to write. I truly believe that they have boxes made ahead of time and just send everyone basically the same things. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY....

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Nearly impossible to reach Customer Service and when you do finally make contact, they offer no resolutions. Recent 'Fix' contained a duplicate shirt to one previously sent. Reached out to Customer Service and 5 days later had no resolution and no explanation as to how to prevent further duplicates. Deactivated solely based on poor customer service. Seems to be more automated and lacks any ability to resolve problems or concerns.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

This company claims that you can provide information directly to your stylist so they can better pick articles of clothing that fit your tastes. Three things I was very specific about: (1) I hate pink. (2) I have a longer torso so I need shirts that run slightly longer than normal. (3) I detest hemlines that are elastic, asymmetrical, or uneven. What five items did I get? 2 pink (1 dress and 1 top), 3 shirts with crazy hemlines and 1 that looked more like a belly shirt on me than a tank top. This was my third Stitch Fix box and most definitely my last. I would have been more excited to burn the $20 I just wasted on the stylist fee than I was opening up this package. Stay away.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I tried Stitch Fix because it’s hard to get out and shop with kids/work. I received 2 separate orders, both of which were jeans and long sleeve shirts (in the middle of summer) and one belt. I didn’t like the belt and kept that, but every other article of clothing was about 3 sizes too big. I said medium shirt etc and they look like XLs. The other part is that I paid the $20 styling fee for the second fix, which of course everything was way too big. I sent it all back and they kept my $20. Not a very good experience. Wouldn’t recommend.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I researched a little bit about Stitch Fix and thought I would give it a try. In the information they provide you about how it works they indicate that they charge a $20 styling fee per shipment. They say that that $20 can be used toward a purchase. What however is not clear in their initial introduction is that if you don't keep any of the stuff in the shipment they keep the $20.

I returned everything in my shipment, but had I known that they were going to keep my $20 I definitely would have purchased something. It seems like a scam to me. I had to dig to find this information it was not easily accessible, that's probably how they're making their money. I hate when companies try to take your money without giving you all the information upfront. It makes me feel like someone stole for me. So my Stitch Fix experience: I have nothing and I'm out $20 so not great.

Stitch Fix expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Stitch Fix is an online personal shopper service that sends a curated box of clothing and accessories, called a Fix, to men and women. Shipping frequencies range from once every few weeks to once every six months. You can also choose to buy on demand boxes, instead of having a subscription. Set your style and price preferences, then receive personalized outfits in your Fix. Keep what you want, then send back the rest for free. Stitch Fix averages a price of $55 per article of clothing.

• Stitch Fix cost: Stitch Fix charges a $20 nonrefundable styling fee for each Fix you receive that is applied toward anything you buy from your box. On average, expect to pay around $55 per article in your Fix, however prices for individual pieces range from $20-$400. You’ll get a 25 percent discount when you buy all five items in your fix.

• Return policy: You have five days from the day you receive a Fix to try things on and decide what you like. Then you send back any items you don’t want, and the company charges your credit card for what you keep. Contact Stitch Fix for need extra time if you haven’t decided after five days.

• Free shipping: Shipping both ways is included in the cost of your styling fee, so you don’t have to pay anything extra. You’ll receive a prepaid return envelope with your Fix.

• Stitch Fix outfits: Your stylist will choose your items based on your responses to a detailed Style Quiz. Women might receive tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes or accessories. Members of Stitch Fix Men can receive casual items, like t-shirts and hoodies, or business attire. Let your personal stylist know if there are particular things you definitely do or don’t want.

• Referral bonus: You’ll earn a $25 credit to your account for every person who signs up for Stitch Fix using your referral code and receives an order.

• Best for: women and men who want to build their wardrobes.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
      Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Stitch Fix Company Information