2.34/5

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

Stitch Fix

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

Stitch Fix Reviews

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

Okay I decided to try it out. Why not? The first box would be shipped free, and I could send back FREE as long as it was within the 3 day time frame. OMG! I loved EVERYTHING! All the tops, the jeans, the shoes. They nailed everything I said I wanted. I've been wanting to renew my style for a while and it's been hard to find what I've been wanting. My stylist seems to have read everything I had asked for, BESIDES the pricing I wanted to spend. I wanted each item to be between 15-20 dollars and I specified that. All the shirts were 40-50$. The jeans were 60 and the shoes were $89. The only time I spend that much on shoes is gyms shoes that are going to last me a few years that I wear daily, not dress shoes I will only wear on occasion. Regardless My hubby loved the things that were sent to me as well.

I wanted to buy at least the 3 shirts and take off the jeans and shoes but by the time I did that and they offered 25% off (like $80). I was only 40 less than what I would have paid for 3 shirts vs taking the whole box. So he bought the entire box. I set it up every 3 months, but would have done it more frequently if the price I could afford was taken into account. But I can't really complain because what was sent to me was worth the asking price. They were GOOD top brands and EXACTLY the items I desperately looked for in stores.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I’ve been using Stitch Fix for a year now. I love it! Jeans that fit are hard to find. Yet Hannah has hit it out of the park every time. I like that I don’t have to keep everything. I get 5 items and choose which to keep. This is great if you’re on a budget and can only afford one or two items. I’ve seen complaints about cost. You have the option to choose the price range you want and you can change it at any time. Several times I’ve kept everything. A couple times I’ve sent back two or three items. I like having the option to comment on and rate each item received. And it’s so easy to return items at no cost.

To get the most out of Stitch Fix it’s best to take advantage of the style shuffle on their site as well as creating a Pinterest board specifically for your stylist to view. I daily save all sorts of clothing I like to my board. You just add the url for your Pinterest to your account information. After being a member for over a year I find that my stylist, Hannah, include more personal notes in my orders. She’s referenced things on my Pinterest board more than once. It’s allowed us to discuss what didn’t work and why. And you can change stylists if you want. Hannah gets me. I don’t expect to keep everything. I hope there will be at least one new item I will like. But Hannah has outdone herself. If your expectation is to have a shipment of perfect items each time then you’ll be disappointed eventually.

The quality of clothing has been very good. I’ve tried other similar services and have cancelled as soon as I could. They claim to be better quality than Stitch Fix but they aren’t. You can order whenever you want. They don’t trick you into choosing auto ship. You can choose individual can opt for auto ship every two months, every other month or monthly. You can just order a one time order whenever you want. Stitch Fix is the real deal and make everything so easy. But if you like to have complete control over your shopping choices and don’t relish surprises, then you may not enjoy this service or anyone else’s.

Get expert buying tips about Clothing Subscription Boxes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I have never owned clothes fit my body and my style better. I live in NYC and finding anything decent in my size at any store I visit has already been bought - I'm a DD and a size 10-12. The stress of shopping, finding the time, commuting, and the likelihood that any buys will be out of necessity not love for the item. I have yet to not love anything I've received from Stitch Fix. And the styling has only gotten better- I've never felt sexier and felt more confident in my clothes. And THE JEANS that Stitch sends me <3. Finding well-fitting jeans in my size is a feat. Jeans I buy are always too loose or too tight in certain areas. Finding one good pair of jeans while shopping is a miracle but the 7 pairs I've received from stitch fix have always fit like a glove - form fitting but not too tight and very flattering.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I actually did this service and Trunk Club at the same time. This one is by far better in my opinion. They are more affordable, and clothes fit my taste and my body better. Some of it was a bit more than I wanted but you do get styling fee deducted. Also, I don't know if it is for all boxes because I only bought one so far, but if you keep all the items you get 25% off the purchase. For my first box, everything fit except the pair of jeans, which for me is to be expected because it is hard for me to find jeans that fit (ie. too short, too loose around the hip, etc.). I only kept two of the five things though I liked everything because I didn't think I would wear the other items that often. Basically, I recommend Stitch Fix if you try it out.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have had Stitch Fix since January 2019, and I have been very impressed with their service, both with the subscription service as well as customer service. The pricing for the service is fair; you pay $20 for the styling fee, but can then use that $20 as credit towards anything you choose to buy. The items that they send seem to be $40 or higher, which is a little out of my price range, but the stylist that I've worked with has done an absolutely incredible job listening to my feedback and has sent me some beautiful items that I love.

I've had to contact customer service twice three times, and each time it has been a very pleasant experience. The first time, I had a question about the charges on my account and the customer service representative gave me a very detailed answer and made sure that all of my questions and concerns were addressed. The second time, I was late sending in the return box and the representative very quickly extended my due date for the box with no problem. The third time, I noticed a tear in an item the first time I wore it, and the customer service representative refunded the cost of the item and let me keep it to donate/throw away/repair.

All in all, I feel that this subscription service isn't for everyone, especially if you're pretty good with finding items for yourself in stores and don't necessarily need the curated style box or don't have the room in your budget, but for what it is, I have had nothing but positive experiences with this company and find that it's a great service for what it claims to be. I have currently put my subscription on pause for financial reasons, however I look forward to going back to the service again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stitch Fix?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I haven't received anything yet. Been waiting for more than a month. Is that ok? Contacted their customer service, they said the box is on its way. No result. No box. No money. I wish I'd read reviews before shopping. So bad no one cares.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I received my first package and did not like any of the clothes that were sent. Also, I am size XL and all the clothes were XXL. When I went to the post office to return them in the bag that was included in the box I was charged $7.35 postage. There was nothing on the bag or the printed label that said it was prepaid as advertised by your accompanying brochure. I would like to be reimbursed for my expense. I am a dissatisfied customer and will not be ordering in the future.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Stitch Fix has been a blast. I spent years as a clothing designer and merchandiser and really appreciate what an excellent shopping experience they have developed. The stylist I have been working with did a great job of analyzing my information. The styling and fit of all the clothing have exceeded my expectations. I asked for moderately priced products. The quality has been good with unique finishing touches that you don't usually see at this price point. I have had a few requests with customer service and have received prompt and friendly assistance. It's been fun!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I was given a $100 referral link after receiving a box full of terrible items that were not even in the realm of my style. I sent it to a bunch of friends and 11 signed up. I thought it was wonderful and made me stick with stitch fix to hopefully get better future boxes. Once 5 friends did their review and I was credited for the referral, I stopped receiving credit. I read the fine print with the referral about the time limit and that I wouldn't receive credit until they reviewed their first box. When I wrote in to customer service I was informed you only get credit up to $599 due to IRS. This wasn't written ANYWHERE (i'm now told its buried on the FAQ page somewhere), it should have been noted up front that after x amount you no longer receive credit or that you can only refer 5 friends.

I handed them 11 people of business and they are pocketing the remaining $600 in credit. They said I won't receive any more until 2020 but it has to be new referrals and not the 7 I've now lost. What a shady company. Clearly this was left out on purpose so you will refer tons of friends and keep 1/3 of what you should've received. Shady. I will NOT do business with them again. Trunk Club is SOOO much better.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

POS - I decided to try Stitch Fix after I started a new office job and needed an update to my work attire. Also, a friend of mine had told me she tried it and had found a few pieces that she liked. Out of the boxes I received I ended up keeping a couple of items. I thought my stylist was pretty good. The pieces are way overpriced in my opinion, but with the credit, I had to start it made it more affordable.

NEG - To contact the company you have to send an email, which is immediately returned with something to the likeness of "our team will hopefully get back to you within 48 hours." I searched for a 1-800 number to contact a live person and nothing. No online live chat with a customer service rep either. Which brings me to the point that this company makes it extremely difficult to cancel your account. I would click on cancel and it returns you to a page so you can reset your deliveries. There is no easy way to just hit cancel and you are done. I found it very frustrating. In summary, the service is ok, the customer service is terrible and good luck trying to cancel your account.

Stitch Fix expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Stitch Fix is an online personal shopper service that sends a curated box of clothing and accessories, called a Fix, to men and women. Shipping frequencies range from once every few weeks to once every six months. You can also choose to buy on demand boxes, instead of having a subscription. Set your style and price preferences, then receive personalized outfits in your Fix. Keep what you want, then send back the rest for free. Stitch Fix averages a price of $55 per article of clothing.

• Stitch Fix cost: Stitch Fix charges a $20 nonrefundable styling fee for each Fix you receive that is applied toward anything you buy from your box. On average, expect to pay around $55 per article in your Fix, however prices for individual pieces range from $20-$400. You’ll get a 25 percent discount when you buy all five items in your fix.

• Return policy: You have five days from the day you receive a Fix to try things on and decide what you like. Then you send back any items you don’t want, and the company charges your credit card for what you keep. Contact Stitch Fix for need extra time if you haven’t decided after five days.

• Free shipping: Shipping both ways is included in the cost of your styling fee, so you don’t have to pay anything extra. You’ll receive a prepaid return envelope with your Fix.

• Stitch Fix outfits: Your stylist will choose your items based on your responses to a detailed Style Quiz. Women might receive tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes or accessories. Members of Stitch Fix Men can receive casual items, like t-shirts and hoodies, or business attire. Let your personal stylist know if there are particular things you definitely do or don’t want.

• Referral bonus: You’ll earn a $25 credit to your account for every person who signs up for Stitch Fix using your referral code and receives an order.

• Best for: women and men who want to build their wardrobes.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
      Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Stitch Fix Company Information