3.90/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Spotify

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Spotify Reviews

Original review: May 18, 2019

Spotify canceled my subscription w/o approval. I've had Spotify for a long time and have always been a fan, Except for now. My subscription was canceled without my consent and now I'm not allowed to get the Premium package that I purchased. I can't just renew it now to what I signed for since they claim it's no longer available? How does that work? Please be cautious and diligently monitor your account. Spotify will change it without you knowing it. Not good.

Original review: May 6, 2019

After having problems with my account, which I was not able to solve on my own, I can say that trying communicate with this company can really ruin your day.

It already took me a fair amount of time to even get to know the E-Mail address of their customer support, only to get rewarded with an automated reply in which I was told to ask the community.

Right now I am still waiting to submit my request, since even after trying numerous times with greater time spans in between, I still get told to "correct the highlighted errors" of which there aren't any. Also that "There was an error while attempting to post your message" and to "Try again in a few minutes" So right now, after it took me over an hour to get to this point, I still was not able to even ask my question let alone to get an answer. Thanks for nothing Spotify.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 25, 2019

Don't use them. They are not worthy of your money. I had a family account over a year and they just kicked them off saying we don't live in the same house after a year of service. Who care where someone lives. Try to listen to your music and save money all in the process? Then when I talk to the CSR they wasn't even trying to save the account. They could care less. They cut the account off before they even refunded MY money.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I have had premium for about a year, maybe more and really thought it was near perfect! Suddenly though, I started getting ads. Checked my acct and it said free instead of premium. In order to straighten out the problem I was eventually directed to their "About" section for their "Contact Us" section, that in itself was annoying. Then I find out there is NO CUST SERV #? Crazy! So I finally ended up in a live "chat" with a guy that checked my account and came back to inform me that it looks like I cancelled my account the previous day. Excuse me?! No way did I cancel my premium, are you kidding me! IN order to do so you need to go online at Spotify.com. I think I would remember doing so! In the end I had to "Upgrade" to premium again and pay the $9.99 again. I KNOW DANG WELL I DIDN'T CANCEL MY ACCOUNT! That was bull **!

Original review: April 23, 2019

The music selection is great and has just about anything I want. However, the web player is junk; they broke it months ago for multiple Chrome/Firefox users and not fixed - it causes blank monitor screens or flashing. You can play it in Edge but then playlists may or may not go to the next song automatically. I've also had numerous songs just randomly stop after X minutes into them. It could be 3 out of 5 minutes, or a Powerwolf song was very specifically 2:43 it would just skip to the next as if it was done.

Their support provided no help whatsoever, just the generic "clear cookies/cache, reinstall the app on phone" then just stopped providing further investigation when that didn't work. The random stopping occurred in mobile app and web player. It appears their QA team does minimal, if any browser/desktop testing. I primarily got it due to ability to listen at work via the web player since we cannot install the application. So now I can't even use it the way I want for the majority of my day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spotify?

Original review: April 7, 2019

A complete waste of time and money. It simply stops playing after about five minutes. And of course, no customer support phone number "out of dedication" to the customers. Don't waste your money. It's a waste and a disgrace of technology.

Original review: April 5, 2019

All I want to get my payment date changed to the first of the month on my family plan, which I pay $16/month for. First of all, you cannot talk to an actual live person, just a “customer service representative” online where typing questions and waiting for responses is the only option. Well, was basically told that it isn’t possible to change your payment date and that I will have to wait til the first of next month, contact them again online, then they cancel my subscription and start it over again to get it to come out on the first.

I am only hoping it doesn’t mess up mine and my family’s playlists, downloads, sign-ins, etc. It wouldn’t be such a big deal if I wasn’t on a fixed income in the first place, which is why I want it changed to when all of my other bills come out instead of a random mid-late date of the month. It’s seriously not a lot to ask for. This is ridiculous for a large company and very poor customer service/options and sadly I don’t ever see it getting any better in the future.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Had an issue with transferring phones and maintaining the service. First, no live person to speak with. Had to “chat” with someone who had no idea what he was doing. Not helpful. They ate an hour of my time and never got back to me to fix the problem.

Original review: March 13, 2019

After my trial of Spotify Premium ran out, I decided to use the free version for a while to compare, and determine whether paying for it was truly worth it. Spotify free is complete garbage, for many reasons: 1) The fact you're limited to shuffle only play. There are many MANY albums and playlists where order is important. Albums that tell a story, or are crafted to portray emotions that progress and change through its course. Spotify free takes that and flushes it down the toilet, making it impossible to enjoy a lot of music as it was intended.

2) Limited skips per hour. What kind of model is this? You're already limiting us to HOW we can enjoy music, putting constraints on playability, yet you pile on to that at say "Hey, yeah, so, you can only listen to things on shuffle. And...by the way, if you don't feel like listening to the song that comes up, cool... But, after a few skips you're screwed."

3) Ads - I don't inherently have an issue with the ads themselves. I understand that Spotify is a business and has to make money off its free users. But the sheer number of ads that play is obnoxious and frustrating. Most days I MIGHT only go 3 songs without an ad, but they usually play every two. 4) Lack of offline playability. So...we can make playlists, and save songs as we prefer but...no internet connection means Spotify is a virtual, useless brick? I would assume that this goes back to their push for ad revenue, and that if we're offline, they can't play ads, but it further limits an already incredibly limited service.

5) Clunky, hard to navigate save features - On the Premium version, you can shuffle your whole library, but...that's not an option in free? Further limiting how we can listen. Unless you "like" (heart) every song in your library so it goes into the favorites folder which, for many who have big extensive collections, is a long, tedious, annoying process, you're limited to Spotify's "artist, album, or playlist" criteria.

6) Limited custom playlists - This is more minor, and I understand why they limit it, but it's disappointing. While on the premium trial I very much enjoyed the "Discover Weekly" playlists, and other personally curated playlists I would receive. I discovered quite a bit of new music through these playlists. I understand why they don't offer those services on the free version, but it just piles on top of everything else to grossly limit playability, UI-friendliness, and ease of access.

In a lot of ways, I think Spotify purposefully made their free version so incredibly bad and limited in comparison to Premium to silently push more people into paying for the service, which is a practice I don't like. I think Spotify needs to offer a little more to their free users, as the free service now is complete garbage. Not everyone can pay $100-130 a year for the premium service, but they deserve better than what we get now.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I was charged for a Spotify premium account although I had switched to the free account so I sent in the message to have it removed. They removed one charge and told me I had been charged for it multiple months but they wouldn't refund them because it was past 14 days. I told them I hadn't even used the Spotify account because I had no idea I was paying for premium and being a full time student and working full time I have no time to listen to music these days. They basically said too bad. I am making the much needed switch to Apple Music and you all should too!! Apple is extremely accommodating and correcting of any issues and they've even corrected payments when it actually was my mistake in the past!! I deeply regret ever trying Spotify.

Spotify Company Information