3.91/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Spotify

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Spotify Reviews

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I’ve had Spotify for over 2-3 years now. As their system might be nice to play music and create playlists, the Premium Service I pay for at 10 bucks a month should at least have an easy way to contact them via the app. I have searched all over my account, profile looking for “contact us,” or “help” and see NOTHING. It should NOT be that hard to get in touch with them. I was going to enter my new card information since my current card expired and they keep sending me emails to renew my subscription but if getting that done is a mission I think I’ll save my 120 a year and look for alternatives.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I know that my free account is going to have commercials and I have no problem with that since I am using the free version. However I wish they would stay out of politics. Play a commercial about a cheeseburger joint or a new movie coming out or a new car commercial. Stop with all the political crap. It is 100% directed towards one side. If you want to play politics, fine, play fair and hit both sides. I think I will go back to Amazon music where I can hear music and not some top executive's personal preferences on politics.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

If you're listening to music at work, on road trips, or frankly just while you're hanging out at least a couple times a week, Spotify Premium is definitely worth it. It gives you access to nearly any song you could ever desire, you can make playlists, share playlists, queue music, and do so much more. I love that it recommends new music for you. I wish that they gave you the opportunity to select a couple of artists and just rotate through a few of your favorites at once without creating a playlist.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I was a Premium member of Spotify for 2 years and it seemed to work just fine. But, then came the music drop-out problems occurring at the end of my first year of Premium service. Last month, I contacted their customer support technical team to see whether they could correct this problem. Well, after having me delete Spotify, then re-installing it once again from their site, and many other requests that I followed to a T; nothing changed!

I have a very fast desktop PC with plenty of memory and a 400Mb wired Internet connection, but they seem to think that the problem was on my end. I can use Pandora and several other streaming services without experiencing these music Drop-Out problems! Their problem seems to be originating in their Servers that are just being over-loaded at certain times of the day, but they never addressed this problem; although, I mentioned it to them numerous times. I have since cancelled my Premium Service, based on their lack of interest in resolving this problem. I will never return to a company that puts their heads in the ground! Ron ** (Tampa, Florida)

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

My son had a Spotify student premium account, which SPOTIFY cancelled in June as he had graduated and was no longer a student. Three months later I am still fighting to get them to stop charging my credit card for an account we cannot access. Chat is no help and refuses to remove my credit card. They ‘escalated’ my account, which is done through email only. So I now have to not only fight to have my card removed but also have to deal with my credit card company on fraudulent charges. Take my advice...stay far away from Spotify.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spotify?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I signed up for Spotify's free service about a year ago. I used it off and on, but haven't used it for a few months before trying to login to my account again. I quickly found out I couldn't login or reset my password and after using their customer service chat I found out my account had suspicious activity so it was suspended. The only way to verify my account was to name a song that I had "liked" or "hearted" recently. Again, I hadn't used my account in several months, and when I did, I know I didn't "like" that many songs, so this was an impossible task.

I then talked to them over Twitter and then through email... the same email that is associated with my account. They still couldn't just send me a reset password link until I told them a song I "liked" over six months ago and would not offer any other way to verify my account. Their only solution was to set up a new account with a different email address, even though I explained this was the only email I use and refused to set up a new email address just to access their service. Their customer service was horrible! Good luck getting access to your account if you don't use it very often and there is ever suspicious activity.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I have been a premium Spotify user for years (3 or more). Suddenly my account would not log in and there was a weird "loop" that kept taking me back to the sign in page. Customer no service finds my account now goes to some unknown person's email and Facebook. They close my account (so I can no longer link by Facebook or email). I set it up (as they instruct me to) in another email and they promise to upload my playlists to the new account but "it will take up to 48 hours". BTW this took almost 2 hours on chat!

Ok, so a week later still nothing. I chat again (for another hour and a half) only to be told they "fixed it". I look and they have uploaded the unknown person's playlists and apparently can't fix it since they permanently deleted my old account! At the end of approximately 3 and a half hours of chat time. They offered me $99 cents back and a free month of premium. SO to recap: No way to link my account to Facebook and real email, no playlists, no podcasts, no refund, no help. LOTS of lost money with no recourse!! Seriously, there are better apps and MUCH better customer service!

Original review: June 8, 2019

I signed up at Christmas for Spotify premium with Hulu. Great deal. Had no issues till recently Hulu kept saying I wasn't signed up. Contacted Hulu customer service first as that was an easy phone call. Could not find a way to talk to a real person on the phone at Spotify so I got the chat option which I had to get the link sent to me from the Hulu representative. I was told that Spotify cancelled my Hulu. Of course I received no notification of this.

The Spotify representative said that it was cancelled because I updated my payment info. Then it was stated that the terms and conditions says it can be cancelled at any time. I asked for proof of that. Apparently the terms and conditions to which I agreed upon when I signed up are no longer available. So how does he know that they say the company can cancel at any time? How can I look at what I agreed to? Why would I continue with a company that changes what I agree to without notifying me? What if I don't agree to the new terms?

Original review: June 6, 2019

Spotify offers 30 minutes of ad free music if you tap to watch an ad. I have never once gotten the ad to play or the ad free 30 minutes. I use Spotify to workout and this occurs most sessions. As a potential advertiser, I would be very concerned that my paid ad will never be seen or heard. Spotify: if you’re not going to honor the deal, don’t offer the deal. Your company ethics are questionable.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I paid for Spotify Premium for years before downgrading to the free service as I couldn't justify paying for the service as little as I used it. Wow what a disappointment! They literally try to force you into their premium service by bombarding you with ads. It makes trying to listen to music simply unbearable. It's about 20 percent music to 80 percent ads. And about 70 percent of those ads are for their own ads attempting to push you up to Premium! Not paid ads. So essentially they try to annoy the living ** out of you until you cave and pay for their service. The way I see it is that if they don't want people to ENJOY free music then DON'T offer it. But instead they offer free service solely to advertise for themselves. This ** tactic they use frustrated me enough to make me not use their service at all simply due to principle.

Spotify Company Information