4.1/5 (219 ratings)

About Spotify

Spotify Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spotify?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spotify?

Original review: March 30, 2022

I've attempted to unsubscribe to email updates for any communication from Spotify on multiple occasions. More than three times I've attempted to do this has resulted in the crashing of the unsubscribe web page essentially making it impossible to actually unsubscribe. I have a screenshot of this but cannot post it here.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I can't believe it SPOTIFY would rather give up Neil Young for Rogan the spouter of lies and false information, well Spotify as a long time customer I had to cancel my subscription. I guess money is worth more than the truth well SPOTIFY a big **.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

I have had a Spotify account for years. I have had both the free version and the premium. I currently cannot afford to purchase the membership, like so many others out there. Have you ever seen the movie Idiocracy? You need to. Now, with the free version of Spotify, for every 2 songs that play, there are 5 advertisements. It is absolutely ridiculous. I'm done with Spotify. I do not get to choose how poor I am and I sick of forced advertisements.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

We signed up for a Hulu/Spotify trial back in 2019. We liked it so we decided to switch from Pandora to Spotify. HUGE MISTAKE. I remember this vividly because I had been using Pandora for over a decade and my daughter talked me in to cancelling for Spotify. We cancelled our trial, and I opened up a family plan. I invited my 2 daughters and my wife to our family plan, one using the Free Trial email, and all was good. I saw all 4 of our accounts, we signed up for the plan, all good.

Well, in 2019 something changed, and our original email dropped from my family plan and started charging us for a single account, on top of our family plan. I didn't realize this because one charge showed up at the end of the statement, and the other a week later on the new statement. I finally noticed, and contacted their customer support.

They continued to blame me and said since both accounts were in use, they would not credit or refund the charges. Even though their system messed up and dropped our trial email from our family plan, he basically made fun of me and told me it was my fault. I didn't even want a refund, I just asked that the 100's of dollars they pretty much stole from me be refunded and he only offered the most recent payment.

On top of all of this, why would you charge the same credit card 2 times and not say something to your customer? What shady business practice makes you feel like it's ok to charge someone 2 times for 2+ years and not send an email saying "Hey, just making sure you want 2 accounts". Or how about taking ownership that your system failed and just say "sorry" instead of trying to make me feel like I made a mistake? We will never use them again. Back to Pandora THANK GOD. At least they treated me with respect over the years.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

My Spotify experience has been extremely horrific, I deleted the app after Geico commercials playing approximately 20db higher than the music I am playing. I now am paying an attorney to collect data using my account to monitor and record data on the loudness of commercials versus the music people are listening to. I went to my ENT doctor and got a perfect score on my hearing test, went again a week ago and now show hearing loss. Thank you spotify. You actually turned off all Geico commercials on my account but now that your app has damaged my hearing. I'm going a step further and whatever it takes to makes spotify responsible for their actions!!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Cancelled Spotify premium service. They strongarm you into keeping the free service, which I did. This didn't cancel my premium subscription. I was again charged. They have a no refunds policy. I didn't use a second of the new month but will not get a refund.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

For some reason, Spotify thinks they are entitled to force their choices of songs on to me. I have disabled the similar tracks field, but they keep choosing music they believe I will like. If I liked these artists, wouldn't they already be on my playlist? They also play many of my songs far more than others on my list. I hate the ads, especially the ones that you would be embarrassed for your kids or others in the vehicle to listen to. It seems like there are way more ads than before. I finally uninstalled the app from my phone. I used to like Spotify, but it is way more hassle than it is worth.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Spotify demonstrates epic (bordering on fraudulent) mismanagement on their customer-facing financial operation. The fact that it is literally not possible to speak with a human being to resolve any errors says it all. They are structured to hide behind internet anonymity. That information alone should stop responsible people from signing up. I had premium service for almost a year and was properly charged $10.66 monthly through automatic withdrawal.

Suddenly in June, they hit me with the usual $10.66 and a separate charge of $9.99. In July I got the $10.66 charge AND a $15.99 charge. Because there is no normal and easy way to resolve any issues with Spotify, I canceled my premium service in July. I had no plans to deal with this ridiculous company ever again. Then in July I was not charged the $10.66 BUT I WAS CHARGED $15.99. This is when I realized I was probably paying for someone else’s family plan or that Spotify hopes that no one watches what they do with customer accounts.

They owe me $41.97 and because I can’t speak to anyone to fix this I will need to bar access to my account at my own expense. The problem is although they did cancel my premium service, it’s clear I will need to take drastic and costly action to stop their ongoing charge for a family plan I never had. I expect they would charge me this forever. This is unbelievable on every level. This review will also go to the BBB and the NC Consumer Protection Division and every agency with oversight, Spotify has to be reined in and they have to have a professional dispute resolution department. For now I have one word for music lovers: Amazon.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Spotify accessed my credit card without my consent and billed me for service I did not apply for. According to others I have questioned, they are managed like a charity scam from Africa. I was forced to change my credit card because they compromised it with all the inconvenience that entails. I tried to make contact with them to resolve the issue, but that is not possible. Every attempt resulted in a revolving door. Get your music from somewhere else or you may regret it.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I have never used a website with such a poor UX/UI in all my life. How they grew to hundreds of millions of users is beyond me. I created my account while in Mexico on vacation and I cannot get the website to display in English or change my region to US despite doing it on the account settings page, clearing cookies and cache in my browser etc. What a terrible product, and they expect me to switch from Amazon Music and purchase a monthly subscription? Users have been able to change language and location on websites since the 90's, when are Spotify going to wake up? I can't even enter my correct phone number as they have it STUCK on the Mexico country code of +52. What a joke of a product. Poor, poor, poor.

Spotify Company Information