3.61/5
Based on 44 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

44 Spotify Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Finally to the point of dropping Spotify. The Android app is too fragile. Many times I'm left looking at the green "thinking" status circle. Usually, the solution is to kill the app, clear memory, and start again. Today, I was trying to use it offline, and it just stared at me, even after a reboot. Once I moved within cell range and retried, it worked again. So much for offline mode... I'm just very frustrated, and have spent too much time working around the fragile app. I will now try Google and Amazon music. Bye Bye Spotify.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Great way to discover new music from playlists. I just wish there was an easier way to pick off where you left off from the last track you listened to. Some playlists are 1000 or more tracks, and you are forced to slowly scroll each time from the first track. Secondly, the ads from the free trial could be more tolerable if they didn't jack up the volume on them. My guess is that they do that so other people could hear them as well.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Signed up for a free trial. Cancelled subscription service, or so I thought, and 4 months later found out I was being charged. When I inquired they said I hadn't canceled and they wouldn't refund anything, despite the obvious evidence that I had never logged in to Spotify after signing up initially. Stay away.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

My card originally used, was skimmed at shops. Have tried to update new card/s through various computers, my iPad and mobile. All you can get is Email Support which is appalling in these situations where if followed their instructions. With being self employed at home/car, listen to most of the day/night. The ads are really annoying! SO UNIMPRESSED with no Customer Service directly to ever resolve this ongoing issue.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Spotify is a bad service because it keeps stopping, skips over tracks, and constantly needs reloaded. My message is to anybody, don't get it. It will disappoint you a lot and will not allow you to listen to music as good as you want. Doesn't live up to the hype.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spotify?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Add in their music. I canceled but paid for the month and it's all ad. I will never subscribe again or recommend. Pure problem and misleading too. Money from my account for advertisements. Poor service.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I took out a trial, then found it impossible to cancel the subscription when they started charging. It was impossible to register a cancellation on their site and, like another complainant here, had to get my bank to cancel the credit card to stop the charges. Wouldn't touch them again with the proverbial barge pole.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The Spotify website is designed to mislead and misinform you in your attempt to cancel your subscription. Once they have your credit card number you can expect to get charged or even charged twice. The website is deliberately set up this way. There’s only one way to get out of Spotify and that is to request for a new credit card. This way Spotify will not be able to place a change on your new card. Spotify will soon be on their way out.

Original review: March 6, 2018

When my computer starts acting funny, I know there is something wrong. I can tell when something is trying to control my computer by sending me in directions I didn't command it to go. I have seen worse on computers that had no antivirus software installed. However; I still see the same characteristics of a virus when using Spotify, even with the latest antivirus (Norton). I also found that to make it public knowledge, or write a review, all the domains are taken by Spotify. I don't find it pertinent to go to the Spotify website to let the public know, that there is something definitely wrong. If a reputable company who is not being lured by revenue from Spotify could do an independent study it would ease my mind. People depend on their antivirus to keep them safe; however it seems Spotify has found a way into the homes of many Americans and reaches across the world.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Love the app features. I use it all day However sometimes unable to play or forward to a different track. Overall great experience. I am very happy with Spotify.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

The site is excellent, you just type a band or artist and it brings up everything from them for you to choose your own personal playlist of is free and easy.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

It's good for people who just want to have noise in the background but not for listening music you want to listen to. If you want to hear a certain song it makes you listen to at least 4 "like songs" until it finally plays the one you searched for. Not user friendly at all.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I like the large selection of tunes and also the fact that I'm given recommendations so I can explore other music types. The site is easy to navigate and I find myself spending more time than I realize checking out new artists. Overall I feel it's worth the monthly cost and would recommend to my friends.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Spotify should provide more variety and more diversity with the playlists. Instead of 6-8 daily playlists, add more for the genres we listen to. Other than that, I enjoy discovering other artists.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Great service for the money! Enjoy picking my own music and music sounds great. I love this service and would recommend to anyone. I have even got my family hooked!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

When listening to the music, they want you to listen to their sponsors. I don't mind listening to a sponsor but not for ten minutes at a time. Their sponsor spots need to be kept shorter.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Spotify has a great selection of songs and artist. Happy with the service for 2 years. Would recommend to anyone that has asked me about it.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

It's difficult to upload a profile picture. The user interface needs to be updated. A subscriber should not have to be regulated to use Facebook or any other social media website in order to set a profile picture.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Spotify is awesome. Great selection of music. They create playlists based on music in the playlists I created and do a phenomenal job. My only gripe is via casting... there are lots of screen freezes and dropped connections while casting. Not sure if problem with Wi-Fi or Spotify. Otherwise Spotify is perfect.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I love that Spotify has a Discover Weekly and Daily Mix just for me and also being able to save so many albums! The website is very easy to handle especially for someone that is not tech savvy.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I just purchased a new vehicle and found that the newer vehicles, have, if any, CD players for only one CD. My previous vehicle had 5 and now, I'm searching for a new venue... enter Spotify. Easy to use with my Android and the selections are great.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

It's easy to use and has a lot of the new and older music. You can also choose the premium or free service. The selection of songs is what keeps me with Spotify.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Spotify has a large selection of music from acoustic, country, blues, rap and R&B. It is user friendly and provides hundreds of hours of listening enjoyment!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Very good music service, easy to use, great price and selection of music, and share with up to 5 family members in your household. Select play of the day, go through their great selection of music like you have been listening to, make a playlist to keep and play again, and change it at will. Also shows new releases and old favorites.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Spotify is a music service that is easy to use on all of my devices: phone, laptop, tablet and streaming device. I often discover new music through this service.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I like Spotify. It plays the same artist which I enjoy. I don't like how Pandora skips around and iTunes, you have to have the product that needs iTunes. It's not compatible with my device.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I don't find Spotify easy to use. I'm looking for a better music system. I couldn't find certain music I was looking for and was just not happy with the way it was set up.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I finally caved and upgraded to Spotify Premium. It was worth it. The digital quality is excellent. I like being able to switch lives devices with ease. The selection is fairly good, but I've stumped it a few times.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Spotify seems to be great deal fits my needs and can have up to 5 users and pay 15.00 a month. I would recommend Spotify. I have been using Spotify for quite some time.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I love Spotify. It contains classic rock, jazz, Buddhist, Hindu, Goddess, new age, meditation music and new to me artists. There is always something there to match my mood. And I don't need to store CDs anymore!

Spotify Company Information