2. Miscellaneous

4.0/5 (209 ratings)

About Spotify

Spotify Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spotify?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spotify?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

My Spotify experience has been extremely horrific, I deleted the app after Geico commercials playing approximately 20db higher than the music I am playing. I now am paying an attorney to collect data using my account to monitor and record data on the loudness of commercials versus the music people are listening to. I went to my ENT doctor and got a perfect score on my hearing test, went again a week ago and now show hearing loss. Thank you spotify. You actually turned off all Geico commercials on my account but now that your app has damaged my hearing. I'm going a step further and whatever it takes to makes spotify responsible for their actions!!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Cancelled Spotify premium service. They strongarm you into keeping the free service, which I did. This didn't cancel my premium subscription. I was again charged. They have a no refunds policy. I didn't use a second of the new month but will not get a refund.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

For some reason, Spotify thinks they are entitled to force their choices of songs on to me. I have disabled the similar tracks field, but they keep choosing music they believe I will like. If I liked these artists, wouldn't they already be on my playlist? They also play many of my songs far more than others on my list. I hate the ads, especially the ones that you would be embarrassed for your kids or others in the vehicle to listen to. It seems like there are way more ads than before. I finally uninstalled the app from my phone. I used to like Spotify, but it is way more hassle than it is worth.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Spotify demonstrates epic (bordering on fraudulent) mismanagement on their customer-facing financial operation. The fact that it is literally not possible to speak with a human being to resolve any errors says it all. They are structured to hide behind internet anonymity. That information alone should stop responsible people from signing up. I had premium service for almost a year and was properly charged $10.66 monthly through automatic withdrawal.

Suddenly in June, they hit me with the usual $10.66 and a separate charge of $9.99. In July I got the $10.66 charge AND a $15.99 charge. Because there is no normal and easy way to resolve any issues with Spotify, I canceled my premium service in July. I had no plans to deal with this ridiculous company ever again. Then in July I was not charged the $10.66 BUT I WAS CHARGED $15.99. This is when I realized I was probably paying for someone else’s family plan or that Spotify hopes that no one watches what they do with customer accounts.

They owe me $41.97 and because I can’t speak to anyone to fix this I will need to bar access to my account at my own expense. The problem is although they did cancel my premium service, it’s clear I will need to take drastic and costly action to stop their ongoing charge for a family plan I never had. I expect they would charge me this forever. This is unbelievable on every level. This review will also go to the BBB and the NC Consumer Protection Division and every agency with oversight, Spotify has to be reined in and they have to have a professional dispute resolution department. For now I have one word for music lovers: Amazon.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Spotify accessed my credit card without my consent and billed me for service I did not apply for. According to others I have questioned, they are managed like a charity scam from Africa. I was forced to change my credit card because they compromised it with all the inconvenience that entails. I tried to make contact with them to resolve the issue, but that is not possible. Every attempt resulted in a revolving door. Get your music from somewhere else or you may regret it.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I have never used a website with such a poor UX/UI in all my life. How they grew to hundreds of millions of users is beyond me. I created my account while in Mexico on vacation and I cannot get the website to display in English or change my region to US despite doing it on the account settings page, clearing cookies and cache in my browser etc. What a terrible product, and they expect me to switch from Amazon Music and purchase a monthly subscription? Users have been able to change language and location on websites since the 90's, when are Spotify going to wake up? I can't even enter my correct phone number as they have it STUCK on the Mexico country code of +52. What a joke of a product. Poor, poor, poor.

Original review: June 23, 2021

The new algorithm forces ads and if you fast forward through them the app stops working. This type of practice is deliberate and only geared toward greed without any regard for user satisfaction. Steer clear.

Original review: April 27, 2021

So, I’m currently on a Spotify premium family account with somebody else taking responsibility for the billing. I’m extremely grateful for that and don’t want to complain since I’m basically getting it for free. However, I’m not sure I’d even want to pay for this service or even trust it with my card details. My account has been hacked into several times of over the past year now. The hacker gets in and listens to a bunch of awful Chinese pop rock music or awful Mexican rap music. Now because of that, my algorithm is all messed up.

I change my password, but it always manages to happen at some point or another. I’ve looked it up online and it seems that this is a common thing that happens. Spotify’s response to these data breeches couldn’t sound any more careless. They basically tell you to do the things you’d already logically do like changing passwords, logging out of all devices linked to your account, and unlinking it from third party apps like Facebook. These slip ups like this are the reason why I still rely on physical media and try to avoid streaming like the plague. At least the material is owned by me and can’t be stolen by others.

Original review: April 8, 2021

You could not pay me to use this trash service! Anyone that buys from this POS company does NOT love our country. I refuse to do business with any anti-American company. They should just close their doors.???

Original review: March 12, 2021

Spotify changed my password without alerting me and did not even tell me afterwards!! I wasn't able to log in!! The team said I need to make a new account! Terrible experience! Too many ads, just TERRIBLE!

Spotify Company Information