4.1/5 (214 ratings)

About Spotify

Spotify Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spotify?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spotify?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

As a professional business consultant, I am working with plenty of vendors. Therefore, I need to say I am extremely disappointed in Spotify's platform for Advertising. It was my company's first-time using Spotify's platform for Advertising. I set an Ad up and kept getting an error. I reached out to customer service to help fix the issue. They suggested I create a new Ad from scratch with the recommended fix. I did what they told me, and the Ad went through. They never told me I needed to remove the incorrect Ad. So, I assumed that I wouldn't be getting charged because it wasn't set up correctly.

The next day, I was charged for the error-ed Ad. For some reason, it had been posted without my knowledge, so I reached out to customer service to explain the issue. They told me they had given me instructions to fix the issue (which they did NOT tell me I needed to remove the error-ed Ad), and since the wrongly posted Ad got "impressions" they would not be issuing me a refund. I have had to go through hoops to get answers or help with this issue from the very beginning. Please do not use this platform for advertising as their system is NOT user-friendly, and their customer service is very unprofessional. My recommendation: Find a better company for Ads!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I am totally satisfied with this streaming platform. I like the way the app works and how the algorithm shows me new artists. It is also great for sharing music listening habits with friends. Highly recommend!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2022

They have been taking 12.00 out of my account for last two years and I don't even use spotify, anyone help me? Wanna know if I can take them to small claims court... What a horrible company that I don't even use.

Original review: May 24, 2022

Just want to watch the Joe Rogan Experience. I cannot see the video of the podcast on my Apple Laptop.. I can hear it. HOW much work do I have to do to get video to play? I don't even see where the settings button is. Reinstall everything? Forget it. The computer is supposed to be a tool. Well, it's too much work. When it's time to keep constantly fixing your tool, maybe it's time to figure out a different way to live. Bye Bye Spotify.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I've attempted to unsubscribe to email updates for any communication from Spotify on multiple occasions. More than three times I've attempted to do this has resulted in the crashing of the unsubscribe web page essentially making it impossible to actually unsubscribe. I have a screenshot of this but cannot post it here.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I can't believe it SPOTIFY would rather give up Neil Young for Rogan the spouter of lies and false information, well Spotify as a long time customer I had to cancel my subscription. I guess money is worth more than the truth well SPOTIFY a big **.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

I have had a Spotify account for years. I have had both the free version and the premium. I currently cannot afford to purchase the membership, like so many others out there. Have you ever seen the movie Idiocracy? You need to. Now, with the free version of Spotify, for every 2 songs that play, there are 5 advertisements. It is absolutely ridiculous. I'm done with Spotify. I do not get to choose how poor I am and I sick of forced advertisements.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

We signed up for a Hulu/Spotify trial back in 2019. We liked it so we decided to switch from Pandora to Spotify. HUGE MISTAKE. I remember this vividly because I had been using Pandora for over a decade and my daughter talked me in to cancelling for Spotify. We cancelled our trial, and I opened up a family plan. I invited my 2 daughters and my wife to our family plan, one using the Free Trial email, and all was good. I saw all 4 of our accounts, we signed up for the plan, all good.

Well, in 2019 something changed, and our original email dropped from my family plan and started charging us for a single account, on top of our family plan. I didn't realize this because one charge showed up at the end of the statement, and the other a week later on the new statement. I finally noticed, and contacted their customer support.

They continued to blame me and said since both accounts were in use, they would not credit or refund the charges. Even though their system messed up and dropped our trial email from our family plan, he basically made fun of me and told me it was my fault. I didn't even want a refund, I just asked that the 100's of dollars they pretty much stole from me be refunded and he only offered the most recent payment.

On top of all of this, why would you charge the same credit card 2 times and not say something to your customer? What shady business practice makes you feel like it's ok to charge someone 2 times for 2+ years and not send an email saying "Hey, just making sure you want 2 accounts". Or how about taking ownership that your system failed and just say "sorry" instead of trying to make me feel like I made a mistake? We will never use them again. Back to Pandora THANK GOD. At least they treated me with respect over the years.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

My Spotify experience has been extremely horrific, I deleted the app after Geico commercials playing approximately 20db higher than the music I am playing. I now am paying an attorney to collect data using my account to monitor and record data on the loudness of commercials versus the music people are listening to. I went to my ENT doctor and got a perfect score on my hearing test, went again a week ago and now show hearing loss. Thank you spotify. You actually turned off all Geico commercials on my account but now that your app has damaged my hearing. I'm going a step further and whatever it takes to makes spotify responsible for their actions!!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Cancelled Spotify premium service. They strongarm you into keeping the free service, which I did. This didn't cancel my premium subscription. I was again charged. They have a no refunds policy. I didn't use a second of the new month but will not get a refund.

Spotify Company Information