3.9/5 (556 ratings)

About Shoes.com

Shoes.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Bought a pair of shoes online and had gift points to apply. Couldn't find where in checkout to apply points so I called customer service for support. Was told to look for box that was nowhere to be found. Finally agent says to place order and give her order # so she could adjust amount billed. Well my Visa got billed full amount instead of adjusted amount and 5 days later when I saw charge I called. Got the Hollywood shuffle from service reps. She tells me 24 additional hours to credit my account. Spoke to her supervisor who tells me 5 additional business days before my account can be credited. Can't seem to get their lies straight. One thing's for certain. When the shoes arrive, they're going right back and I'm disputing the transaction.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Do not buy from this site. If you get the wrong size or have any other issue with your shoes and need to exchange them, you will be charged an additional amount for the new item. This means you will have double the charges on your card and zero shoes for 7-10 days. If that rubs you the wrong way and you just want a refund, be prepared to pay $6.95 per item "restocking fee."

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

We placed a large order of shoes on Shoes.com. Almost every pair was poorly made. We have the exact same shoes from reputable local shoe stores and you could tell the difference - the shoes.com versions were cheaply made, with pieces sticking into the foot. Shoes.com insists on charging $6.95 for you to return their knock-off, defective shoes. They refuse to put a manager on the phone. They can not even speak directly into their speaker, so sound garbled and hard to understand. Never order from here.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Ordered a pair of Ecco loafers. Shoes.com said they were delivered and signed for by "Jerome". I do not know any "Jerome". I was advised it was not their problem. I seriously doubt the shoes were ever shipped. I receive nothing but attitude from this company. I am out $125. I would never give a favorable review to this "company ". I am pretty sure I was ripped off.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Like many others on this review site, I had actually bought the shoes before checking the site if it was trustworthy or not and I was very afraid of what I was going to get. After I placed my order it took awhile for my confirmation email to send but when I got it, I realized I put the address in wrong. I was so stressed out and I tried to see if I could get UPS to correct the address since all the reviews said that the customer service was very bad. Ups told me that they couldn’t update the address for me so I called Shoes.com number hoping to be able to fix it. The lady on the phone was very helpful and understanding with me and she was able to change the address for me right away.

The shoes I got were actually Dr Martens for my friend last Christmas and I chose the write a review almost a year later because I remembered how bad the reviews were when I decided to buy a pair for myself. Despite all of the bad reviews here about the bad service and everything, I personally look here for cheaper prices before I buy from anywhere else and when my friend received his shoes, they were in perfect condition and he was really happy with them. Please give this site a try instead of reading all the bad reviews and decide not to. It could save an extra buck or two.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

My experience could not have been better. Ordered my shoes on 9/4/19. Order was confirmed immediately, with estimated arrival on 9/6/19. They arrived today 9/6/19 as promised. Shoes are of good quality, size was correct and both shoes new. The price was excellent. Shoes are very comfortable, as I wore them all day. Wife said they were of the same quality as her look alike from LL Bean. I read many of the bad reviews that shoes.com had received. This wasn’t my experience. I couldn’t be happier about this purchase.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Ordered a pair of Reebok sublite tactical composite toe duty boots for work. Took them 8 days to ship the item after the order was processed. Unfortunately I had to import these to Canada as Reebok doesn’t sell them here. After I paid the $60 duty fee I received the item, which turned out to have a missing rivet in one of the eyelets. Shoes.com wouldn’t even compensate me for the return shipping and the shipping of a new pair let alone the duties I would have to pay to export the defective pair to the US and import the new pair.

Took 15 minutes on the phone with a rep (took even longer to get someone on the line) speaking in very broken English to realize I won’t see a replacement unless I pay for it. This website is run by scumbags who evidently don’t give a damn about selling defective products, and especially don’t care about their customers. These are the types of people who deserve to be bankrupt by Amazon, and with this level of “customer service” I hope it won’t take too long.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I bought a pair of Skechers. I always wear 8, but these must have run big. I was honest and told them I took a walk in them and they were falling off my feet. I want a smaller size. In the chat, I was told because I was honest, I can’t return them. I told her to cancel my order and I’ll never shop there again. The chat person didn’t care about losing a customer. Horrible customer service. I’ll never go back!!! Can I rate less than one star!!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I ordered 2 pairs of shoes from shoes.com. I received 1 pair exactly as I ordered. The 2nd pair showed up a few weeks later and they were totally wrong. Size and everything. I called shoes.com and they said some woman in New Jersey received mine. They sent me a return label and I returned them. Shoulda kept them and gave to my daughter. I never received the correct pair or had my money reimbursed. Last time I will ever deal with these people.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Don't be fooled. At first, I was very happy with shoes.com. The website is easy to use on mobile and PC, ordering is streamlined and simple, and the return policy is posted plainly for all to see. They also run sales all the time, which I liked. I initially purchased 2 pairs: sandals and flip flops. The sandals fit perfectly while the flip flops were made with such a small strap that I'm convinced it is defective. I could not fit it on my feet, and I'm very familiar with the products of this particular line. Their 9.5 feels the same across the brand. I called the customer service number, and the gentleman on the other line was more than happy to do a return or exchange because the size was too small (he disregarded that I felt the product was defective because of the insanely small strap size).

Exchanges involve the customer shipping the product back so that shoes.com can resell it, the company refunds the money, and then the customer calls again to place a new order for the same shoe in a different size. I asked for a shipping label via the mail. This shipping label never came. The agent specified up to 2 weeks for it to arrive, so I waited. Shoes.com was running a sale on the shoe I wanted, so I went ahead and purchased it in the next largest size. When that arrived, I found that it was too large. I walked a few paces to make sure. I called customer service again, this time asking for an emailed shipping label for both pairs. They sent it immediately, and I packed up the shoes and sent them back.

A few days later, I received them back in the mail saying that they had been worn in, the soles were dirty, and there are dirty toe imprints. When I called customer service again to ask about it, the agent had a different tone from previous agents. He told me that there was nothing I could do and I was not going to get my money back. I told him everything, from my first attempt and how I couldn't even wear the shoe, and how I felt like a clown with oversized shoes with the second pair so I didn't wear those beyond trying them on. I expressed my opinion that the 9.5 is very likely defective. He said that the warehouse has already made their decision. I am floored. I'm out about $130 for 2 pairs of shoes that I can't wear. I'm certain that the warehouse employees are instructed to find and construct reasons to avoid returns. I'll definitely be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I ordered a pair of shoes and they were delivered 10 days later. The shoes were too large and I asked to exchange the shoes for the same, but smaller size. I shipped the shoes back and received a credit. The smaller shoes did not ship for another 10 days and I asked that they be sent to my other house since I would no longer be at the vacation house. They refused, so since the total transaction was now just about 3 weeks, and vacation is over, and I am back to work, I can only guess that UPS left the shoes on the porch of our vacation house. Maybe we will go there for Thanksgiving. This company takes too long to process orders. Amazon has spoiled us with one or two day delivery. I WILL NEVER shop at shoes.com again

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I just lost $100 in two pair of shoes that I can't no longer use. After the first wear it gave me blisters. I called customer service and they told me that it can't be returned because they were already used. No wonder this shoes are cheaper than retail. My advice will be to stay away from this website. My mistake was not to read reviews before the purchase.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I receive the shoes as a gift from my daughter, and I was away for a few weeks. When I tried to return them 61 days after receipt, they said they had a 60 day return policy, and will not accept them. Very sad.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I ordered shoes on June 27th - it is now July 31st and I was told that the order was abandoned at UPS - and that I would need to pay $67 to get the order sent to me. When I asked for a refund, I was told that this wasn't possible because the order was abandoned. I did not receive a notice from UPS, I did not receive a call, so I now I will lose my money for these shoes, because I will not pay $67 more dollars for a delivery that should have happened weeks ago and it was not my fault in any way that the package wasn't delivered to my address. PLEASE DO NOT order from Shoes.com - it is not set up to respond to you and when and if your order goes missing, you will not get a refund, even if it was not your fault. PLEASE DON'T order from shoes.com - I didn't get my shoes and I lost the amount that I paid for them. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING and the worst experience I've had with online shopping. BEWARE.... the same thing could happen to you.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I purchased a pair of Steve Madden sandals on shoes.com because they were the best price. Upon receiving them, I tried them on for 30 seconds and hated the way they looked so took them off immediately. I shipped them back and waited for the credit to appear on my credit card. Instead of a credit, to my complete and utter shock, shoes.com shipped the same shoes back to me with hand-written note claiming the shoes were worn, not in condition to resell and unreturnable. They are literally in perfect condition. Not one scuff, mark, dirt or sign of wear. They claim the soles look dirty. Maybe my kitchen floor isn't the cleanest, showing the most slightest sign of walking around for 30 seconds but they were obviously not worn outdoors. It is appalling the company would accuse me of wearing and trying to return. They must be having trouble selling these shoes so they're trying to punish an honest consumer. Very offensive and upsetting.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I ordered a pair of Skechers from this company and the medium was way too wide. I tried at least 6 times to obtain a return label. How convenient that it does not seem to print online. When I called on two separate occasions I was assured each time the Label would be mailed to my home. It never was. I removed myself from the mailing list and will tell anyone who will listen to buy you shoes anywhere else except Shoes.com. I had dealt with this company for many years and never had a problem until Walmart bought them.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I bought a pair of Skechers. I wore them 3 or 4 times when a seam gave out opened up a 2 inch hole. I returned (through Google Express) and shoes.com refused the return because the shoes were “not in a condition to be resold”. Of course they couldn’t be re-sold because they were obviously defective. I will never buy again from this seller! I buy a lot from Zappos and have always had a good experience. I only bought here because I wanted to give some business to a smaller company. Unfortunately this one does not stand behind their products.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I accidentally made an online purchase late at night on 7/17. I immediately called to have it canceled but it was outside of business hours and the prerecorded message advised to send an email, which I promptly did asking for them to cancel the order. I never heard back so I called at 8am the next day and spoke with a representative. I requested the order be canceled and he said he put in a cancellation request, no issue because it had no shipped and that I would receive a confirmation email stating it was canceled. Nothing came.

I emailed again that night asking them to please confirm that the order was canceled. Still no response. Woke up today to a shipping confirmation. This is HORRIBLE customer service. Don’t ask your customers to email you if you do not plan on replying and don’t have your representatives either make false promises or not do their job correctly. Even better, returns are not free so I would have to pay even more to send back the shoes.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I stumbled across a huge sale on Shoes.com and loaded up my cart. Two days later, I received individual emails for 20+ items that were cancelled "At my request" according to the email. These items were NOT cancelled at my request. I admit that I was suspicious of the deeply discounted prices, and when I called customer service to discuss these cancellations, one agent admitted that *I* paid the wrong price. After I said that it isn't my problem that their website advertised the wrong price, I was hung up on. I called back and asked for a supervisor right away.

The supervisor was very polite and receptive, but after he pulled up my order with all the cancellations (60% of my items cancelled), he put me on a hold and then came back with a very curt, dismissive tone and worked overtime trying to get me off the phone by insisting that he will have a manager call me within 24-48 hours. He told me that the items that I had purchased went out of stock after I paid, but that lucky for me, they were back in stock now and I can buy the items again at full price!

For example, he referenced a Sorel boot that I purchased for $24.95, and he said that I can place the order again for $190. I said that I didn't believe that 20+ items went out of stock at once and then were all back in stock 2 days later, and that the prices that I paid should be honored. No luck. They were clearly trying to cover their tracks with the emails leading with "At your request, we have cancelled the item below". Who can I contact about this?! I want them to be held accountable, and I want my order fulfilled!

Original review: July 17, 2019

The individuals in customer service, I have experienced, do not speak audible English and speak barely above a whisper. They are rude, disrespectful and never listen to requests. They place you on hold for 10-20+ minutes with no apologies and at times abruptly hang up the phone, if you request to speak with a supervisor. I honestly do not know how they remain in business. PLUS they charge you $7.00 for EACH PAIR of shoes you return!!!! At one time the company was pleasant to deal with...not any longer!!!! STAY AWAY AND RETAIN YOUR SANITY!

Original review: July 13, 2019

I recently ordered some luggage from this company. A 2 piece set and a single piece. I received an email about a week after placing the orders and was told that the 1 piece is out of stock so order was cancelled. It is now 2 1/2 weeks since placing both orders and my luggage set (2 piece) has still not shipped. I called on Tuesday when I got the email about the first order being cancelled and was told that the 2nd order (2 piece) was shipping that day. I called today to to find out status because the website is still saying 'in process'. Was told there is a delay in shipping that order... I cancelled the 2nd order... Let's see how long it takes for this to happen!!!!

Original review: July 1, 2019

Be warned: Shoes.com has very bad customer service, they don't care about you. Bought Skechers sandals at Shoes.com. They were really tight but I thought they would stretch-out, so I wore them for 1 day. At the end of the day, they were cutting off circulation to my feet causing cramps in my legs so bad that I needed a massage on my legs the next day. Shoes.com will not refund or exchange because I wore them 1 day. Period, no discussion. I wish I had read reviews of this company before giving them my money.

Original review: June 29, 2019

This is my first time ever writing a review for anything (of course I'll be honest). I found a pair of TOMS on the website for really cheap ($30). I was skeptic at first (especially with all these reviews) but decided to go ahead and place my order. At first, I never got the order confirmation email, so I tried calling them (they never picked up, although it was 9PM at night, even though on their website it says they are open till midnight). The following morning, I called again and the customer service representative (John) sent me my email immediately while I was on the phone, and he was very nice (although sluggish and very slow). The following day, I got another email saying my order was shipped. I began tracking my package until I began to notice that my shipment was no longer being scanned. I called UPS and they told me at first, that they never received the package in the first place.

I began to panic. "OH NO, the people writing the reviews were right! This is all a scam!" was my initial reaction. I then called the customer service line at Shoes.com again and this time I spoke with Julian. She told me that they had shipped the package and continued to reassure me; however, she would give me an attitude every now and then and I would always hear all of the other employees talking and chuckling in the background so to me it seemed very unprofessional. I took her word but I then kindly asked what would happen if I never received my package. Once again with an attitude, she said I would have to wait for 24 hours and they would do an investigation for 10 days (which kind of seemed unlikely especially with the way this company seems to work). I then contacted UPS again and turns out THEY ended up LOSING my package (It's free ground shipping, so what can we expect, right?).

Now, this has never happened to me before with UPS. So I'm wondering if there was something fishy to begin with in terms of the label the Shoes.com people stuck on there on my box or if this all just happened to be a coincidence. So UPS ended up launching an investigation and they happened to find my shipment within 2 hours (turns out it was only 30 minutes away from my house). Long story short, I finally get my shipment in the mail (although it was delayed by a day) and when I opened my box, there was the separate shoe box inside with my actual shoes. The TOMS box was all beat up, so I immediately thought that they must have been used. However, once I opened the actual shoe box, I saw my new TOMS which were all fresh, clean, and authentic TOMS (I can tell since I already own many pairs, most of them being from the real TOMS website). There were no stains, no weird markings, nothing. It even had the tags still attached.

I don't know if I got lucky but based off my experience, I don't think I would ever order here again. The panic and the anxiety (including many sleepless nights thinking about this) that I went through trying to contact these people was not worth the money. I would rather pay extra money and buy somewhere else. Even though the shoes were perfect and they fit me (and I do not have to return them THANK GOD), do yourselves a favor and buy from a real website that provides superior customer service and actually does do FREE RETURNS (not $6.95 restocking fee). I don't have anything against my shoes, just the experience that I had which I blame UPS partially as well (however, the UPS customer service was excellent and far superior to Shoes.com).

Everything seems very shady about this website and I feel unless you go out of your way to talk to a customer service representative from the Shoes.com department, I really do not think anything gets done. It's a constant push and shove which I have NEVER experienced before. At the end of the day, I now know to only buy from websites that are trustworthy and have good customer reviews. Lesson learned!

Original review: June 26, 2019

I ordered a pair of shoes that didn't fit. So per the company I ordered and payed for another pair of shoes and was sending the wrong size back for a refund. They sent my original wrong size shoes back to me and no refund! I had emailed and called them a few times during my wait for refund and nobody told me that I wasn't getting a refund. Poor customer service!

Original review: June 25, 2019

I am writing this review because I almost did not order the shoes from this website after reading poor reviews. The boots I was interested are normally $150 but they were 40% less on Shoes.com and they also had my size in the color I wanted. I think Amazon Prime has many people expecting too much. My timetable for ordering: ordered shoes on Tuesday morning by 8pm shipping confirmed via email with tracking. The shoes which were shipped ground for free took six days arriving on Monday of the following week. I was willing to take the chance that the size I ordered would work because their return policy clearly states a restocking fee will be charged. I don’t have to return as they are the right fit. I’m glad I took the chance as the color was not on sale or available in my size on any other well known shopping websites. Good experience.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I ordered shoes from this website because they were a little cheaper than the other sites. That was a big mistake!! Took a week before my order confirmation appeared on website so I called to cancel and they said they probably can't cancel because the shoes might ship and was rude for no reason! But comes to find out the shoes never shipped! Luckily I got a cancellation email later that day and if it weren't for the reviews here I would have been waiting a month to get my shoes or never! Also heard that trying to return them is a hassle also. Don't be like me, just pay the extra 10 dollars for better service elsewhere.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Ordered a pair of shoes ($148.00). Got the shoes, tried them on. I had ordered the wrong size. I tried to exchange them but they did not have my size so I returned them (restocking fee). A week later the shoes were returned to me. They said they could not accept them due to the fact that they had been worn! I contacted customer service to contest their reason. They sent me pictures of the soles of the shoes claiming they looked worn! Can you say overflash! I sent them pictures of my own only to be told their decision was final. I wrote them again and have yet to be notified. Do Not Shop at Shoes.com.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Took the company approximately 7 days just to process my order. I paid extra to have shoes expedited and never received until 10 days later. Now, I’ll have to return and wonder what this process will be like. I’ll never order from here again.

Original review: June 11, 2019

The product that arrived, 2 months later, was nothing like what I ordered. The shoes resemble a similar style but this is clearly a bait and switch scam. The style is wrong, the color is wrong and the shoes are 2 sizes too big in width - I don't know who these would fit. $34 down the drain; thankfully it wasn't more. Ridiculous.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I ordered some shoes from Shoes.com in late March to wear on a trip in June. Tried them on in early June and discovered that the company sent two different sizes (left shoe is a size 7 and right shoe is a size 6.5). I called the company to set up a return, but they claim that they are unable to accept returns beyond 60 days from purchase. I purchased the shoes 71 days ago. This is ridiculous as the shoes are unworn, in original packaging, and they still carry the shoes on the website!

There is no reason that the company can't make an exception, especially since they made they made the mistake in the first place. So I am left with two shoes that I can't wear and there are two unmatched shoes somewhere in a warehouse that they can never sell (or I guess they will sell them to someone and then refuse to accept a return, like they did to me). I will not be returning to Shoes.com for my future shopping needs and I will be sure to share the outcome of this unacceptable experience with my friends and colleagues.

Shoes.com Company Information