1.39/5
Based on 99 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

106 RipOffReport.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

As normal, hiring a contractor, plumber, or painter receives 50% upfront then the remaining amount is due upon completion of work. The painter that was hired named Anthony ** a bald head man, living on ** at phone **, is unlicensed, not equipped as a professional painter, nor has business cards but appears to be professional. He'll start the job once he receives upfront monies, and asks for more money within a week. He attempted to prepare one part of the house, not the entire house for exterior painting.

A month later, do you know he has only sloppily put primer over chipped paint and on only one side of the house for 30 days? The rest of house was not touched. When he was told that (no more funds) will be handed to him until the house sees real paint; as of this writing, it's been 10 days... Not sight, no response, no callback, no receipts from him proving he bought the supplies for us. Rather, he used our money for personal expenses.

We were smart enough to have given him Cashier's Checks plus had him sign receipts as a backup. Now, I'm back to square one, searching for another painter, and have to come up with more money to give that Anthony's Painting stole. DO NOT HIRE HIM. BELIEVE ME! YOU'LL BE SORRY!!!! So, Anthony ** will be served papers from Civil Court filed in Los Angeles, CA.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I had a customer of my biz get upset over a mistake, that wasn't even our mistake. He went to Ripoff Report to report it. I talked with my customer and he understood the mistake and apologized and said he'll get rid of the review. He then called Ripoff Report to remove the mistaken complaint. They refused. I then called them to get it removed as it isn't even a legit complaint. They tried to extort money out of me for a "mediation" for something that did not even need a mediation. But they said the page will never be able to removed. Go Google "Ed Magedson", owner of Ripoff Report. He is a criminal that lives in hiding in AZ with armed security because he is so hated. Anyone who has called them knows of their extortion techniques. These guys are human garbage.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I tried to report a scam business on their site, but it has been taken down because they claimed that I am not their customer. I showed all of my evidence that I am the customer of that site, but they still put my report down. I think that company somehow paid RipOffReport fee to take off bad reviews. Honestly, RipOffReport.com is no different than other SCAM companies. Please don't use this dishonest site.

Original review: April 12, 2018

A supposed tenant that rented from my company but did not give their name writes a false review. The company Ripoff Report says they never remove reviews. That it is free speech. Five years later this review still shows up as #2 on a Google Search of my name. Every time I file rebuttal it moves it up in a search. BUT my rebuttal is hidden way down there. They email me that I can join CAP their company that will restore my reputation. They will not verify the false report. Their CAP program is an endless bunch of links but you never get an actual price. It is another scam. Probably to steal your identity since the people most affected by this are usually business owners.

Original review: March 13, 2018

On August of 2017 I had a dispute with a client/competitor, Health Plus Trans, LLC. In turn, in order not to pay me for services rendered, which of course they sent me a bogus non cashable check, they defamed and slandered my name viciously with negative and vicious comments on RipOff Report.com, which included my personal information, personal and business names, home and business address, damaging my personal and professional reputation in order to gain clientele that would usually use my services. Ripoff Report displayed the accuser's portion of partial proof without displaying my portion of complete proof as rebuttal, even though I uploaded the rebuttal documents proving my innocence.

When I contacted Ripoff Report, they wanted me to contact their Corporate Advocacy Program to semi clean the damage on my reputation by Health Plus Trans, LLC. The cost was outrageous, and of course I cannot afford it. So, I pretty much gave up trying to repair my damaged reputation on Ripoff Report, and of course I cannot afford a defamation and slander attorney since I am a small home business trying to make ends meet in order to give my child a good life. Ripoff Report is definitely an unethical and evil company only established for money ruining innocent people's lives.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RipOffReport.com?

Original review: March 10, 2018

I submitted a report on RipOff after a company I was engaged in refused to compensate me, after 4 months I contacted the company and after they realized it was a mix-up on their end, and they settled immediately. I contacted this malicious company and asked to please remove the report as the issue had been resolved, and I think it's only fair to the business, The owner of RipOff responded with a worthless long email, taking credit for having helped me received the compensation, refused to remove the report, then referred me to the policy of his website about removing a report.

In the last 2 week I have been in contact with the company and would like to offer me the job opportunity, but I can't, as I feel guilty and think someone might see the report and, and maybe terminate me, so I am literary turning down a 6 figure job opportunity because of this malicious evil RipOff company. Please be warned. RipOff will ruin your life and career. Everything I posted was 100% true to the word and the company agreed it was a mistake on their part, they settled and decided to moved on, but RipOff wants to dwell on the issue and now are Ripping me off a career and income. BTW RipOff is "F" rated by BBB.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

This site is BS... They post anything without any proof whatsoever. Someone can post something negative about you or your business and they don’t have to submit any proof... And this site post it as if it’s factual. This should be illegal.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

When I initially wrote about Bud4High, and how they ripped me off, the manager said he was willing to work with me, but only after the report was removed or edited. I edited the report but he REFUSED to take down the original report. This whole thing might have been averted if he had done that! We will never know now! Now I am out of my $409 and did not receive what I ordered as well. Do not use this website, he is bad for business and for the consumer!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I published a legitimate review of a business. The business owner in turn published my personal information and lies about me on several sites that profit from slander. A federal court has ruled that RipOffReport, though it has some legit or legitimate reviews, profits off of slander by publishing it and prohibiting the original writer to remove it. Do not write a review on that website, your life will be haunted from that day forward. The owner of the website is evil and when you get in the bed with evil expect bad things to happen to you. Also, for those thinking they will sue or get Google to remove the information, think again. The owner of RipOffReport submits new links of the same information anytime someone wins a lawsuit and Google removes the information from the search results. My best advice to people wronged by a company is to contact the BBB or write a review on the company's Google profile page.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I was a victim of ripoffreports.com like many others. I was called a liar after I left negative feedback for an online store called HomeBello. I had placed an order for our office and after over two months, it was cancelled. I emailed their customer support and was told they had called several times and left messages for my assistant. I answer my own phone, so I know that was not true. I left poor feedback and the slander on ripoffreports.com was posted the same day I got this email:

"Really? I never called? Now you lie too? You think I don't like to get this sale and make money? And then you go around and spread your negativity and lies around?? You got 30 min to remove your feedback which is a lie or karma will be ** for Compass Personal Advisors and believe me: you don't want that. 30 min". I did file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau where HomeBello has an "F" rating.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

As so many others here I have been a victim of someone's maliciousness who has made false claims against me and my business, claiming I sold a fake art piece and claiming that my last name was something along the lines of made up. After doing research about this site and speaking to my lawyers there is really not much you can do, other than hope that people understand it's a scam site and people use it to slander you, and the site generates revenues by asking for high numbers to get these things taken down.

It is shameful that this type of site exists, where you cannot really defend those claims, or you dont have to back it up with documentation, and it is even more shameful to understand the business model it represents. Please don't take any of these comments seriously or cross reference other comments and sites to validate accusations. Unfortunately one bad comment can outweigh ten good ones, but common sense needs to be applied. RipOffReport is a largely misused site and I sure hope that the day will come where it will be taken down altogether.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I attempted to write a "follow up" review which was denied since I no longer had access to the initial email address used and I guess they thought I was an imposter or just lazy. I asked if there was any way to recover my account, which was simply ignored. I'm locked out of even updating my review like they claim is an option so I just wanted to say two things: the first, obvious one is that this website's business model is essentially one of an extortion racket than an actual review site.

This site doesn't allow you to even initially edit your content, it hinges solely on trying to collect blackmail, regardless of how true the information is, making this site a very warm home to a cesspool of competitors that think they're being clever. This is completely predatory and isn't in line with the purpose of a real review site. If a publication had a policy against rescinding or commenting on past reviews, that would allow them to never have to be accountable for libel, essentially providing legal cover to operate as unethically as they please. This is essentially what is going on with RipoffReport.com.

The other thing is about my review that they wouldn't allow me to update, titled "Soulistic Total Health sham psychic San Diego California" which I completely rescind, and honestly, I don't need to comment on about its veracity. I was a professional troll for years unfortunately and I can assure you that deceptive reviews are a very real and ugly issue, I take them with a huge grain of salt. I'd ask to keep an open mind if you're a prospective client that got linked over to this and try it for yourself if you're genuinely curious, no one or a review can single-handedly prove or debunk something. After seeing for myself, however, I would personally recommend them, though, for what it's worth. And for the record, I agree with everyone else on here saying that the guy's mannerisms are just classless.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

This company is a scam and uses the site to blackmail companies into paying them to supposedly turn bad reviews into a positive experience, what a joke! We had a competitor write a false review on Ripoff Report about our company. After the review was posted we received numerous emails and calls from companies that can help you take down the review for several thousands of dollars. Well guess what? You cannot take down a review and they cannot change what someone posted about your company.

I recently got a call from a anonymous number from someone who claimed to work for ripoff report and he offered to charge me $2500.00 to help me with the review someone had posted about my company. You cannot believe what people write about companies online. It is best that you do your due diligence on the company before you work with them. If other more reliable sites like Yelp have more positive reviews than negative ones then you might want to believe that they are a reliable and honest company.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I HAVE not had the experiences YOU are describing with Ed **. I can't help but notice that all of the other reviews are from small business owners. I have used RipOffReport.com for years. They review AND verify your complaint before posting. I have had my posting rejected, as they didn't feel they complied with their terms and conditions. I think what these people are experiencing is a perception problem. I know and can't use the religious organization, they say God, God, God and stab you in the back on Monday morning. Therefore, I stand up against these people in defense of RipOffReport as they have provided a very useful tool for me for years to research companies and their dirty dog dealing. Just like they say, I am honest. Prove it.

Every post I ever posted was true. I was scammed. Never got my money back. A few attorney generals went after and shut them down. So I feel that perhaps the people against RipOffReport, may be part of a chamber of commerce or other similar organization and got together and put all these anti-Ed ** statements out here. IF he is wanted by the FBI, please post a JPEG or indictment number or warrant number on your statements and replies to back up your postings.

I find RipOffReport to be a useful service and website. Since there is no justice anymore, ONLY for those who can afford big retainers, his site is a useful tool. Oh, and while we are discussing fees. Google and other search engines also charge to have your "stuff" removed. I would like to see reviews on the other ones. Keep your news fair and balanced. Keep your statements objective and balanced, otherwise my statement above holds. You are a small group of businessmen who got together and are trying to keep the little guy from having a voice.

Original review: June 27, 2017

Over the course of three years, we have had 3 unfounded and bogus reports written on me and our company. One included supposed aliases associated with my name. All untrue and all unfounded. There is zero recourse and no removal, or so they state. Our company just found out about these via a lawyer representing RipOff Report, this unscrupulous organization, offering for immediate removal for $15,000 total, or $2,000 per month for 4 months minimum for a slower removal. RipOffReport does not allow any items to be removed, without major fees that they receive the profit from, even if those posting the allegations have done so in error. This site is bogus and anyone, anywhere, anytime, can write a complaint, report and try and ruin a person's or their company's reputation. We understand thick skin comes with the territory of owning a company, but we are sickened and saddened by this.

Original review: June 7, 2017

This RipOff Report site is nothing less than a scam and operated by a criminal! I believe they research people and post FALSE information themselves! They allow anyone to post negative reports with absolutely no verification! This site is not only trying to hurt good people the guy behind it is one of the most ignorant people I have ever encountered and a coward once he is confronted with his false business practices!

I have been in business for over 28 years and like so many other entrepreneurs and business owners have experienced success and failure. However always treated people right and if there was an issue resolve it! This bogus site allowed people to anonymously slander my business and anyone else who may have been involved with me in past businesses. These bogus complaints started in early 2016 and continued thru end of year. When I contacted this guy, he wouldn't talk on the phone only email, which was perfect in manipulating him to expose himself with his true objectives! Once I was done with him he actually sent me a proposal that he would remove any and all derogatory from his site for $12,500. I have all the paperwork to validate this! I am grateful that so many others like myself have shared their experience with RipOff Report Site. This site should be REMOVED from all search engines permanently!

Original review: May 25, 2017

I've fill out a report twice now and neither one was ever posted. I emailed them and asked why my report has not been posted. Then I notice that all reports under this Ripoff company called "FBA STORES" has no reports listed. Ripoff Report says that once you have posted it will always be there. What a ripoff!

Original review: May 3, 2017

RipOff Report has allowed an anonymous individual to slander my name and it comes up on top of Google searches. RipOff Report should be removed from all search engines. I worked for a company that did collections and repossessions and a person that was unhappy with having merchandise repossessed for non-payment was able to attach my name to the RipOff complaint about the business and now it is the first thing that comes up when my name is googled. My job was to collect and repossess for severely past due accounts. I was doing my job and now my name is slandered and the person was able to post anonymously and it is basically impossible to have it removed from RipOff Report. They allow rebuttals to the RipOff Report but all that is going to do is provide even more content for that page to continue to be the first thing pulled up when googled.

Original review: April 27, 2017

This is a very big scam company. ** is an online Digital Marketing business offering design services to clients. Ripoff Report posted a false information on their own site. As soon as the report were posted we received two emails from random Gmail accounts to get our reputation managed and get the report removed from the site by paying them for some reputation management. We filed a rebuttal countering the false information posted about us on the site on Apr 22nd but as to this date we have absolutely no response from them.

We called them today on Apr. 27th. The guy who answered the phone was extremely rude. And upon telling him that we are recording this call he hung up. The solution he was providing me that we get our business registered with them, they will visit us in 3 days and then list us as a trusted source on their website which I am sure comes with paying them a lot of money and the complaint would be taken down. I have call recording and also the copy of emails we have received from random Gmail account.

Original review: April 22, 2017

Rip Off Report (ROR) had allowed the posting of three connected issues over an academic and financial fraud at Cal State San Bernadino that entangled the Chancellor and Board of Trustees and two Federally controlled accreditation agencies: WASC-Western Association of Senior Colleges and the national federally controlled agency, CHEA-Council for Higher Education. We have the Stanford provost at WASC and UC Merced president, Dorthy aka Ms Alchemist: Leland at CHEA, dismantling federal student loans laws and student complaint mechanisms.

We have Cal State San Bernadino, president, Tomas Morales and the Morales administration involved in a litany of criminal offenses to conceal the fraudulent degrees/credits they are issuing in their MBA (Vietnam), MA TESOL (KOrea) and Chinese credits scheme. And the sham Jack Brown school of business. Rip Off appeared to heavily monitor/edit the CSU Board of Trustees link. All information has verifiable proof through hundreds of documents outlining the frauds. But NOW Rip Off Report have not allowed subsequent updates and is nonresponsive since early April 2-17. What gives ROR? Is this a genuine site? Has the powers that be stopped ROR?

Original review: April 12, 2017

RipOffReport.com is run by a criminal! Reviews are often completely fraudulent and bogus. This website allows a company's competitors to anonymously post fake garbage about other business owners, just to tarnish hard-earned reputations and shoot arrows in the backs of leaders who are ethical, honest, and hard-working. DON'T TRUST A SINGLE REVIEW YOU READ HERE! Do your research, read client testimonials, call current and past clients, don't trust this BS website!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

It is unbelievable that this company allows anyone to post a negative report against a company without any verification whatsoever! Their site has a name that makes readers believe they are checking a site that will help when checking on a company, but they allow posts that are not verified. We have just fallen victim to this by a former client who is trying to bully our company with false statements. Companies need to find a way to protect themselves from this type of internet bullying.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Doing business in the digital age can be wonderful. You are now able to reach out beyond the confines of your geographic community, well outside your stationary placement of a brick and mortar storefront, and provide goods and services to the world. It’s the cornerstone of the new economy. I have been an eager and earnest participant in that world for quite a long time. And I take seriously my responsibility to serve my customers with quality and value. The internet merely offers my companies greater access to larger numbers of potential customers, a quality for which I have been enormously grateful. But the internet also seems to offer some real negatives. One of those threatens to unfairly smear my reputation, something I hold very dear and is worth defending.

I have been facing the misplaced bitterness of one irrational person who has polluted the watchdog site The Ripoff Report with untrue claims (hiding behind more than one persona) about my behavior, and these claims have maintained their sting. It sickens me. Ordinarily I would merely ignore such falsified claims, but they won’t go away. The stigma of these untrue accusations taints my good name even years after they were launched. There’s no appeal process to eradicate the lies. And The Ripoff Report makes a living sustaining any unsubstantiated tale in the form of smear campaign posts. Therefore, I feel the need to do something to state my side of the story. So I will do that here. And I can assure you that this is a nightmarish circumstance that I find myself in. None of you would easily overcome it if you found yourself wronged by untrue accusations that don’t go away.

I am a lifelong entrepreneur. I have gotten involved in many different types of businesses over the years. Some of them succeeded and became multi-million dollar enterprises. Others failed. But over the course of my adult life in business, I have done well. I created the very first infomercial to ever appear on television. I know to many readers, infomercials seem as if they’ve been around forever, but they have not. They had to begin at some point, and I’m the guy who in 1984 started that trend.

Broadening that particular branch of marketing innovation, I opened the highly successful and influential ** and was dubbed a visionary and pioneer. Through that company and using that new style of showcase, I created and distributed an effective nutrition weight reduction system. My company was one of the founders of The Infomercial Marketing Association and The Electronic Retailers Association. I am a respected member of my industry. My name carries credibility, and I do not take that lightly. I live by elevated standards of conduct, and while I expect a lot of those who work for me, I never betray that trust. I’ve been around a long time, and I know you won’t get far in this world unless you treat people well and don’t burn bridges.

Among my business involvements, I import clothing from all over the world and distribute it to every state in the union. And one of my companies handles lingerie. It is through that company where I started working with several lingerie companies from Brazil. I chose to work with Brazilian manufacturers because I wanted to ensure the best quality lingerie, and the Brazilian lingerie is far superior to the products generated in Asia where most of the major lingerie companies have their lines produced. Due to my standards of quality and my positive treatment of customers, I have done well in this field too. I am a known entity. The manufacturers I use know me and respect me.

I import a tremendous quantity of garments, and I need to let people know what we can offer. So in order to promote the array of products I bring in, I generate photos for print catalogues, websites, and infomercials. I’ve done this almost as a matter of routine over the years. When the fashion changes, we change the photos, and that requires booking models for each one of those stages. I know that sounds alluring, but it’s work. And this work needs to be conducted professionally. There is too much at stake to be done any other way.

When my companies do need to utilize models, our talent auditions are managed by a casting agency. My companies work with a few different casting agencies. Once casting is complete, the agency handles the entire procedure. It’s their responsibility. And I trust them. I do attend many of the casting sessions, not all of them, and I supply notes when I am there. But I don’t interact with the talent. I do not run these sessions. In fact, I have never attended a casting session alone. The agents I work with are women, and there are always at least two women running these events. I’ve never seen a casting session conducted where any one person representing the product line is left alone in a room with a model. It doesn’t occur, certainly not with me or with anyone employed by any of my companies.

The casting agents I deal with have a great eye and have never disappointed me. The results have been terrific. We secure an office suite including a conference room to handle the potential volume. When possible, I will attend and observe. They (the agents) promote the casting call. They send out the notices. They deal with the models. They take care of the test photos. And they handle any call-backs we might need. They contact the models. Not me at all. And they eventually book the chosen models for the gig.

There is never any need for me to be in personal contact with any of these women, and I am never in a situation where I am alone with any of them. That is by design. It’s an industry standard. It puts the women at ease, and it buffers me from these scenarios of untrue accusations. Like I said, I do attend many of the casting sessions and provide notes, but it is only in the same way that I oversee every other aspect of my businesses. As such, like I said, I don’t have any interaction with the models during a casting session. None. That I leave to the casting agents.

None of the models are told on the day of the casting call that they are either chosen or not chosen. The casting agent gives them a timeline for when they will be contacted if, and only if, we need them to return for a callback or they are hired. The casting agent might say “we’ll call you in two or three days if we need you to come back in”. Those appointments will be more personal and will usually happen at the casting agency. After I’ve given my notes, I usually don’t need to attend any follow up meetings. The next stage that will need my input is after casting is done and often after the shoot. I will either accept or reject the photos. And on very rare occasions, I will demand a re-shoot. But my direct involvement with models is not needed. And I never impose myself on them. Frankly, I’ve just got too many other responsibilities that fall on my shoulders.

Castings primarily involve reviewing electronic portfolios. The casting agents are well seasoned with the skill of asking the models particular questions. Extended conversations with them only occur if we need them to appear in an infomercial or in an online video in which they have lines of dialogue. It is the agents who ask the questions. Most of those questions focus on prior work experiences, particular jobs or campaigns in which these models have been included. But they also to help the ladies bring out their personality, put them at ease, and get them ready to perform if, again, they are appearing in an infomercial or on video.

I do remember one model who was intent on getting the job. She came to a casting session, and I remember her clearly. She was very pleasant while dealing with the casting agent. She nodded hello to everyone in the room, and she smiled at me, probably trying to figure out what my function is in all of this. I remember she asked questions about the job and about my company. Even about when she would get paid. After she was gone, the casting agent mentioned her being pushy even after the model admitted that she may not be “technically right” for the gig. And I let it slip from my mind.

A few days later this particular model came to my office. This was more than just unusual. It isn’t done. It was after the time that the casting agent told her that she would be considering models for a call back. So having her show up at my office was jarring. She was unannounced and uninvited. And she very soon became unwelcomed. My secretary was put off by her insistence to see me, but I told her I would give her a few minutes. She put on a pleasant face and appealed to me to ensure that she would be awarded the modeling job that she sought at the recent casting call. She told me that it had been several days and she hadn’t heard from the casting agent yet. I told her, truthfully, that not hearing from the casting agent was itself an answer and that I am not directly included in this phase of the selection process. And at that moment, she tried to seduce me.

That irritated me. I don’t make business decisions with this sort of quid pro quo in the fray. I told her that. I would never risk defying my finely tuned order of professional behavior. My business formula is successful. My companies bring in hundreds of millions in sales. We distribute imported clothing and US manufactured products across the country. People depend on us. It all moves fluidly due to long established practices to which all of us adhere. And there is simply no way I would jeopardize or contradict any of that.

Anyway, this young woman did not like not getting her way, and she became irate. I told her that this meeting was over, and she assumed a threatening disposition. I told her that if she didn’t remove herself, then security would be happy to do it for her. And in full view of my secretary and my assistant, who will acknowledge these facts, she declared that she would drag my name through the gutter and make me sorry. It sounded to me like a hollow threat. At the time, I did not believe she would do anything at all, but she did.

Before long, I became aware of an accusation published online on The Ripoff Report stating that a couple of hopeful models responded to an ad by coming to my office or home. But in the report, she portrayed me as a lecher with no actual involvement in the lingerie business. She claimed that I use my company name in a ploy to trick young women like herself into coming into a trap in order to fulfill my predatory wants. Of course none of that is true. I have never done casting sessions in my office or in my home, when we have castings, it’s always through a casting agent. And this woman is the one who came to my office without making an appointment and attempted to seduce me!

The unseemly referencing somehow skyrocketed to the top of any internet search for me. And that has never gone away. Also, since The Ripoff Report posts these unsubstantiated claims without verifying any part of it, she not only did this with complete anonymity, but she also constructed other false claims as other women were offering up similar claims. And I know it’s from the same woman because I have never had the previously stated horrifying and disappointing experience with any other person. Ever. Nothing even remotely in the same category. And not one of those claims was ever checked out by anyone, not even a little bit. If they had been, anyone would see that the claims in those reports are all lies.

This woman claims on The Ripoff Report that she contacted **, one of my Brazilian lingerie manufacturers to determine whether they had an association with me. And she claims that she was told that there was no association with me, that they did not know who I am. Certainly The Ripoff Report conducted nothing in the way of due diligence. If they had, they would have discovered rather quickly that these reports are pure fabrication. But I know she could not have contacted ** as my company ** was their largest US based client. I have purchased over 1.6 million units from them over a 3 year period. Evidence below:

As much as this one contract means to **, ** was only one of my suppliers. I engaged several others too. All of them were important to my overall corporate health. But this one account has only amounted to roughly fifteen percent of the lingerie we sold during that period. All of her claims are bogus. I am a serious participant in this field. My company has invested tremendous amounts into making this enterprise work, and no serious businessman would jeopardize that. Certainly I would not. It is clear to me, as I hope it is clear to any reader, that The Ripoff Report never sought corroboration for this infuriating charge. Naturally, any adult who applies for any job can’t reasonably command it be given to them. Sometimes the needs and expectations of any employer can’t be met by your particular set of talents. Most people accept that fact and move on.

Action taken beyond that is hurtful. And it is completely unfeeling for The Ripoff Report to dedicate itself to exploiting such odd bitterness for economic gain. They hoist up the banner of “Freedom of Speech” as justification for publishing false articles and reports. They even make it known on the first page that they do not guarantee that all reports posted there are authentic or accurate. It’s a power that is just primed to abuse. And that is clearly why there are thousands of complaints online about The Ripoff Report’s practices of falsely maligning company names and their owners by hosting illegitimate smear campaigns and bitter lies. So many people have been unfairly slandered with impunity and anonymity on this site. If it happened to me, it could happen to you. Even in the land of free speech, malice should be held accountable.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Ripoff Report posted a false report about our company. When we gave them a reply mentioning that the complaint was invalid and we didn't have any client with the name, they told us we have to follow few steps and later we will have to pay to remove it from Ripoff Report. We also sent them valid evidence that we didn't have any client with the name the person posted the complaint. Ripoff Report should not keep on live others false reports after having strong evidence from the company. I think they posted the false reports by themselves and doing business in order to remove that one from Google.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

This site allows for easy fraudulent postings. Anyone can post slanderous fabricated comments and one's only recourse is to respond. The response is behind the original complaint, so the "bad" is prominently displayed and only those who dig into the responses can get a real view. Also, a google or web search will show your business with the association with Ripoff Report... If you want Ripoff Report to clear your name, you have be pay thousands of dollars. So this is the business model.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

A consumer hastily posted a false claim on rip off report against our appliance company for a fridge he bought and laid down in his truck. He was in a rush and went against advice not to lay down. He plugged in and it didn't come on. He did not hesitate to write a bogus complaint. He contacted us after filing with rip off report unknowing to our company.

We offered to look at fridge and swapped it out for him for another fridge and consumer paid the difference. He immediately tried to remove his post. Rip off report refused to remove it. They in fact wanted money from our company of thousands of dollars to hide it. Consumer was able to post a retraction that is hidden in the site. Our company also posted our side however, one must enter site to scroll to find retraction. He also posted our real estate business in the report in error. Having no nothing to do with the fridge. Rip off report will not correct or remove without thousands of dollars paid to Ed the owner.

Fridge was plugged in the next day and did come on. Replacement fridge given to consumer worked fine as well. Neither consumer nor our company were able to have post corrected or removed without a large payment to rip off report. Rip off report post has harmed both of our businesses immensely. It is the only report brought up to our attention many times by the public. Most people have not entered the site to read the request for removal post by consumer and our company side.

Rip off report intentionally caused harm to both of our companies and does not care about our concerns. I contacted and pleased with rip off report to correct this and Ed refused without a large amount of money paid to him. He sent me an email stating how much was required to pay rip off report to remove the post. Rip off report should be banned from internet and charged with fraud. Rip off report should pay each consumer and or company for their losses.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

RipOff Report is a ripoff of fair reporting of complaints themselves. They allow bogus complaints to be filed without any verification at all. I happened to do a google search of my business name in Dec 2016 and discovered that an angry customer, that did not get her way, had filed a bogus complaint in June 2016. I can only hope that not many potential customers saw this before I was able to file a rebuttal. The complaint was riddled with mistakes that could have easily been verified, as false, had RipOff Report bothered to contact me.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Ordered via Facebook a Samsung Note 5 mirror case. The company is in Austria, doing business from China. They have no control over their shipping people and are unwilling to investigate why shipments remain in post office for 8 days before any movement. When product finally arrived, it was inferior trash! Nothing to protect the actual cellphone. Paid $30 US dollars for a product not worth $1 US dollar. People at Drabang are nasty and unrespectful to their customers. Bad company... Consumer BEWARE! STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

When you step in as a third party mediator you are supposed to be unbiased and impartial. The entire response from RipOffReport in my email appears to not be impartial. To use a standard email chain that you send to everyone is great as it saves time. However, you should personalize the email communication to the individual concerns.

You should never start off a mediation conversation by stating "We know for a fact that North Coast Auto Mall has made some drastic changes and will be making more as time goes on." Unless you work directly for a company you wouldn't know this for a fact! We can only go by the information that is provided, you will never know 100% what a company does or how they respond because you are involved. The information is relayed back to you and sometimes miscommunication happens and conversations is left out.

"We don't doubt you feel in your heart that what you are saying is true, but... this is NOT the North Coast Auto Mall that we know." How do you know? "More than likely there are problems with some specific staff handling your specific account, but I could be wrong." Re-read the above quotes, then you reply with this? The whole name calling is very rude and disrespectful from a company who handles complaints. If I am wrong in any form of my email, I will take ownership and apologize. I have never once yelled, cussed, or over talked anyone that I interacted with North Coast Auto. I have been nothing but professional with them.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

A company called health solutions is basically a ripoff for a very poorly written book and email newsletters to get information free elsewhere on the internet. Be aware of these people. I fell for their ripoff last year and this year they renewed and deducted money for another years without my permission. Save yourself some trouble and avoid these people.

RipOffReport.com Company Information