2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.50/5

RipOffReport.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RipOffReport.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about RipOffReport.com?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

We use Rip Off Report as one of our methods of reporting scam artist buyers who attempt to steal products from us. They are great for catching people in the act when the con artist sees that their name has been splattered all over the internet. They will warn merchants about buyers who purposely file fraud credit card disputes to steal merchandise. The person will find out that what they have done is now public and the first thing they will try to do is slander the person that put it up, with no proof of anything. The thief will say something. The person reporting it will come up with evidence. The buyer either runs and hides or changes the subject or refuses to answer the concrete evidence against them and they just run and hide, like they think they can get away with it.

Places like ripoff report make the person think twice about committing fraud. If you cant back up what you say then you have no business even saying anything. If you do without proof, be prepared to be hit with a lawsuit! The fact is the merchant is all alone and no one is on their side. So you have to take action and rip off report is one of the tools we use.

RipOffReport.com response

Thanks for the feedback, "Goaddy".

As you have described, the world we live in is one where both consumers and businesses alike have to stay vigilant.

No matter who is writing a review, truthful posts, that stick to the facts, and can be backed up with witness states or documents are the best type of postings. You can read tips about what makes good post here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/faq#themakingsofagoodreport.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I wrote a report in this site to say the true about a scammer to avoid any other victims from Brian ** from NC. As long as you write the true this is a great way to avoid future victims. In my case I show proof of all the lies and scam from this couple. I wrote my name and add why he is a scammer. This is a way to show to the public to be careful with this individuals. WITH PROOF.

RipOffReport.com response

Not sure if you are talking about Ripoff Report or not?

You're absolutely right that it is important to make sure that you tell the truth when writing a review, whether here on Consumer Reports, over on our website, RipoffReport.com, or anywhere else. It's also important to be able to back up statements with evidence whenever possible to help protect yourself from potential defamation lawsuits. Plus, a review with supporting evidence may be perceived as more credible to onlookers.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I had a customer order an item which we made according to her measurements. She received it and said it didn't fit. We offered an exchange and made her a new item to her new measurements before she even sent back 1st piece. She complained that the 2nd item did not have the protective armors which we told her to take from the 1st jacket. Basically she ordered 2 jackets, custom measurements, different sizes and never returned the 1st one. She obviously wanted to sell or give the 2nd jacket to someone.

She comes to RipOffReport.com and made up some B.S. and to do a rebuttal ROR. Wanted over $150 to leave reply. Screw them. They are extortionists and owner is wanted on warrants. They also run a company to scam biz owners even more by charging $1000s to remove or lower the report results on search engines. Google is to blame as well. They are accomplices in the whole scam and eventually will sue them for $1000 a day the report showed up in my search results. They will owe me millions.

RipOffReport.com response

Ripoff Report believes in the First Amendment, even when it is about us. We understand that people who have complaints written about them on our site are upset and want to place blame somewhere, especially if they feel the content of the Reports are false. We're often blamed for the alleged misdeeds of others.

Setting the Record Straight: We question the story provided as it's FREE to use the site, including posting reply/rebuttal comments. For more info see our FAQs www.ripoffreport.com/faq.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I had a horrible experience with ripoffreport.com. For personal reasons, a criminal vindictive person, whom I personally never met, wanted to destroy my reputation in the hope that I would get physically harmed. She impersonated me, scandalized me, posted my private pictures and full address to many websites, and portrayed me as a ** and badmouthed other people in my own name (impersonated me and offended others) and many horrible things.

All the credible websites realized I was a victim after I sent them my IDs and explained the problem, except ripoffreport.com. Even though Ripoff Report.com understood that my life was under threat due to the post sitting on their website and they also understood that me posting a rebuttal would do no good as this isn't a normal consumer who is posting criticism against a company but rather a crazy criminal who wants to get me harmed by instigating false claims to stir up other people against me.

Ripoff Report said "We don't care if you get harmed or die. We are not removing any post or modifying anything. You can pay us $2,000 and we will allow you to post rebuttal." I said I need my name at least to be removed; they didn't budge. Ripoff Report allows crazy people to post anything horrible to their website and it remains there for good, even after the defendant dies; Ripoff Report doesn't honor the dead. Ripoff Report extorts innocent people and is not a credible platform for credible complaints.

RipOffReport.com response

Setting the Record Straight: We question the story provided, especially the quote. Further, it's FREE to use the site, including posting rebuttal comments. FAQs www.ripoffreport.com/faq

Original review: March 20, 2019

From my experience, I have used RipOffReport.com over the past two decades. They have given consumers a voice and a platform to make complaints about bad business transactions. From what I remember you complete a complaint form and what you would like for a resolution. RipOffReport contacts the business in question and presents the complaint. The business has the right to make a rebuttal, ignore the complaint, or work out a resolution with the consumer. I have always had good results with RipOffReport due to my not lying and keeping all documentation and emails relating to the transaction. I feel RipOffReport is a necessary entity which puts the morality of business practices in question and reveals businesses true intent as to how they deal with consumers. RipOffReport helps to maintain trust in the American market place.

RipOffReport.com response

Thanks for you positive words, Rodger!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I've filed complaints on RipoffReport.com over the years. The last one was probably a few years ago, so I can't speak to what happened after that. My complaints did appear. In contrast, I've filed five reviews at ConsumerAffairs.com, but after a year, only two have appeared. The three that haven't appeared here review Care.com, HanesBrands.com, and the oldest office supply company in my state. The reason given is that ConsumerAffairs has to collect more reviews before they post a listing for these companies.

As regards RipoffReport, because the name is "RipoffReport," and you cannot remove what you write, I filed complaints about large national businesses that I had given up on just to warn others and get it out of my system. I did not check the box to be contacted by lawyers, the media [or the company?]. I am fair and rational. I did notice that quite a few other complaints there seemed to be hot-headed and seemingly written by people with limited education/IQs. I wondered why so many complaints were like that instead of representing a variety of writing/IQ levels. In the past, I was also concerned to see reviews posted on people who were not in business, like someone reviewing their ex-spouse, etc. I saw more than one of those. They too were hot-headed and seemingly written by people with a limited educations/IQs.

I'm reading the other reviews of RipoffReport here with an open mind. At the same time, I wondered why so many of them display a lack of clarity, gaps in their stories and errors in word usage. I have happened to read letters from blue collar and pink collar business owners elsewhere responding to complaints against them that were surprisingly cogent and literate, even when that person was an immigrant from a third world country. Something about that situation brings out people's best English Comp skills. So the school system isn't necessarily that incompetent...

RipOffReport.com response

Thank you for your feedback, V. Ripoff Report is always looking for ways to improve. You can always send additional thoughts/ideas to our Support Department (support @ ripoffreport.com) and they will be passed along to the right department.

We agree that any review needs to be viewed with an open mind. We encourage consumers to consider multiple sources before passing judgment. Truth can be stranger than fiction and bad situations can happen to otherwise good people.

Be honest, but be kind.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

As normal, hiring a contractor, plumber, or painter receives 50% upfront then the remaining amount is due upon completion of work. The painter that was hired named Anthony ** a bald head man, living on ** at phone **, is unlicensed, not equipped as a professional painter, nor has business cards but appears to be professional. He'll start the job once he receives upfront monies, and asks for more money within a week. He attempted to prepare one part of the house, not the entire house for exterior painting.

A month later, do you know he has only sloppily put primer over chipped paint and on only one side of the house for 30 days? The rest of house was not touched. When he was told that (no more funds) will be handed to him until the house sees real paint; as of this writing, it's been 10 days... Not sight, no response, no callback, no receipts from him proving he bought the supplies for us. Rather, he used our money for personal expenses.

We were smart enough to have given him Cashier's Checks plus had him sign receipts as a backup. Now, I'm back to square one, searching for another painter, and have to come up with more money to give that Anthony's Painting stole. DO NOT HIRE HIM. BELIEVE ME! YOU'LL BE SORRY!!!! So, Anthony ** will be served papers from Civil Court filed in Los Angeles, CA.

RipOffReport.com response

It appears that this consumer review is not actually about the website RipoffReport.com but rather a different company. Perhaps it was erroneously categorized? Either way, Ripoff Report wishes "Tanyad" the best of luck with his/her dispute resolution goals.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I had a customer of my biz get upset over a mistake, that wasn't even our mistake. He went to Ripoff Report to report it. I talked with my customer and he understood the mistake and apologized and said he'll get rid of the review. He then called Ripoff Report to remove the mistaken complaint. They refused. I then called them to get it removed as it isn't even a legit complaint. They tried to extort money out of me for a "mediation" for something that did not even need a mediation. But they said the page will never be able to removed. Go Google "Ed Magedson", owner of Ripoff Report. He is a criminal that lives in hiding in AZ with armed security because he is so hated. Anyone who has called them knows of their extortion techniques. These guys are human garbage.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I tried to report a scam business on their site, but it has been taken down because they claimed that I am not their customer. I showed all of my evidence that I am the customer of that site, but they still put my report down. I think that company somehow paid RipOffReport fee to take off bad reviews. Honestly, RipOffReport.com is no different than other SCAM companies. Please don't use this dishonest site.

Original review: April 12, 2018

A supposed tenant that rented from my company but did not give their name writes a false review. The company Ripoff Report says they never remove reviews. That it is free speech. Five years later this review still shows up as #2 on a Google Search of my name. Every time I file rebuttal it moves it up in a search. BUT my rebuttal is hidden way down there. They email me that I can join CAP their company that will restore my reputation. They will not verify the false report. Their CAP program is an endless bunch of links but you never get an actual price. It is another scam. Probably to steal your identity since the people most affected by this are usually business owners.

RipOffReport.com Company Information