2. Miscellaneous

1.5/5 (110 ratings)

About RipOffReport.com

RipOffReport.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RipOffReport.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RipOffReport.com?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

In December 2020, the company was contracted to put together a $1,300 package that included a copyrighted logo, business cards, and a completed website with no additional fees for 3 years. The original cost was $300 without the website. The first guy asked for additional fees in order to lock in the logo. The offer was increased after charging another $600. After not seeing the results and request for more money, scam artist #1 is replaced by scam artist #2 who claims he is one of the owners that is personally taking over the project.

In order to complete everything properly, the total fees went to $1,300 so that it would be a complete package handled by the owner. Meanwhile, there is a 30-day refund policy that they refused to honor. I requested the refund within the time frame, but they say, "We never give refunds." The website was never fully functional as expected. In March I get an email saying I need to pay another $700 because WordPress fees have gone up. If I don't pay, the website will be pulled. After calling and complaining, a 3rd representative got involved. He states that all their people were fired and they are re-focused on customer service. He is the project manager, and will personally manager our project. We just need to trust him 1% and pay the $700.

When asked why haven't we received anything but a broken website for $1,300, he said he can fix everything if I just pay. I asked about my logo and business cards I never received. His response, they got rid of those people who promised those things. He said he would look into it. I said is Luke one of the owners? He said yes. Is he still working for the company? He said yes. I said why not ask him about the things I have already paid for, but never received. His response, "Just trust me 1% and pay the $700 and everything will be taken care of." Information containing who is running the company is not available. This is without a doubt a Rip Off Company that has similar complaints with the BBB and others.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Every time I try to access rip off report I get a '1020' error and a message about 'attacks'. When I tried to communicate with them by sending an email to support@ripoffreport.com (without spaces) I got a bounce saying it was blocked. Funny, I've never posted anything there or done any 'attacks' - whatever that means.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Ripoff Report claims to be "for consumers and businesses", but it is not true. I am a private citizen and not a business owner. Ripoff Report has published eight pages (see the attachment) full of fake, uncorroborated, document-less, completely fabricated, defamatory, insulting, harassing "reviews" about me. Like I said, I don't sell anything or offer services. These "reviews" state I am a "sex offender", "scammer", "disturbed stalker", "criminal", "cheater", "Internet freak", "under investigation", "total fraud", "have sick hobbies", "use fake credentials", "attack Harvard University" and more. I am an honest man: I have never been charged or tried in my life. Actually, I have never been in court, not even for civil litigation. Why did this website decide to destroy my life with those horrible pages? I never contacted them because I don't want them to extort me money and because I don't even know them. RipoffReport.com is the pits: I wonder why they are still on the Internet.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

…It is no accident that Google removed this fraudulent website from the vast majority of US and international search engine results. That being said, when Ripoff Report published an uncorroborated, anonymous, ultra-negative "review" about my store, my assistant made the mistake of contacting them by email. They said we could sign a contract and pay thousands of dollars to "repair our online reputation", which meant they would edit the webpage to make it a positive one. We were not interested in this mafia-style proposal, and did not respond.

Some time later, new extremely negative, fake reviews were added to the page. We still refused to pay the extortionist(s) who managed the site, although we lost many potential customers. Eventually, three years ago Google kicked out Ripoff Report. If I am not mistaken, the website still appears in other search engines which, however, make up less than three percent of the global search engine usage. The bottom line is bye bye Ripoff Report, you are doomed.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

RipOff Report is a terrible, terrible website. They should be shut down. I wrote a review that was about the wrong company, and it was extremely damaging to the organization that it was not intended for. I apologized to them and I contacted RipOff Report and asked them to remove the review and explained the situation and they refused. If RipOff Report are the one's publishing and "approving" the content, then they should be held accountable for the information they post, or at least allow the option for the author to redact the post if it was incorrect. Do yourself a favor and just stay away. The reviews are not validated in any way.

RipOffReport.com response

Users of Ripoff Report's website acknowledge its Terms of Service, twice, including checking a box that, in short language, and among other things, explains that submissions are final and cannot later be edited or removed, BEFORE the user presses the submit button. If a User writes a Report, and they feel the need to later clarify or correct information, as identified in our Terms of Service and the check box, they can always file an Update to the Report to add such additional information.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

We use Rip Off Report as one of our methods of reporting scam artist buyers who attempt to steal products from us. They are great for catching people in the act when the con artist sees that their name has been splattered all over the internet. They will warn merchants about buyers who purposely file fraud credit card disputes to steal merchandise. The person will find out that what they have done is now public and the first thing they will try to do is slander the person that put it up, with no proof of anything. The thief will say something. The person reporting it will come up with evidence. The buyer either runs and hides or changes the subject or refuses to answer the concrete evidence against them and they just run and hide, like they think they can get away with it.

Places like ripoff report make the person think twice about committing fraud. If you cant back up what you say then you have no business even saying anything. If you do without proof, be prepared to be hit with a lawsuit! The fact is the merchant is all alone and no one is on their side. So you have to take action and rip off report is one of the tools we use.

RipOffReport.com response

Thanks for the feedback, "Goaddy".

As you have described, the world we live in is one where both consumers and businesses alike have to stay vigilant.

No matter who is writing a review, truthful posts, that stick to the facts, and can be backed up with witness states or documents are the best type of postings. You can read tips about what makes good post here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/faq#themakingsofagoodreport.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I wrote a report in this site to say the true about a scammer to avoid any other victims from Brian ** from NC. As long as you write the true this is a great way to avoid future victims. In my case I show proof of all the lies and scam from this couple. I wrote my name and add why he is a scammer. This is a way to show to the public to be careful with this individuals. WITH PROOF.

RipOffReport.com response

Not sure if you are talking about Ripoff Report or not?

You're absolutely right that it is important to make sure that you tell the truth when writing a review, whether here on Consumer Reports, over on our website, RipoffReport.com, or anywhere else. It's also important to be able to back up statements with evidence whenever possible to help protect yourself from potential defamation lawsuits. Plus, a review with supporting evidence may be perceived as more credible to onlookers.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I had a customer order an item which we made according to her measurements. She received it and said it didn't fit. We offered an exchange and made her a new item to her new measurements before she even sent back 1st piece. She complained that the 2nd item did not have the protective armors which we told her to take from the 1st jacket. Basically she ordered 2 jackets, custom measurements, different sizes and never returned the 1st one. She obviously wanted to sell or give the 2nd jacket to someone.

She comes to RipOffReport.com and made up some B.S. and to do a rebuttal ROR. Wanted over $150 to leave reply. Screw them. They are extortionists and owner is wanted on warrants. They also run a company to scam biz owners even more by charging $1000s to remove or lower the report results on search engines. Google is to blame as well. They are accomplices in the whole scam and eventually will sue them for $1000 a day the report showed up in my search results. They will owe me millions.

RipOffReport.com response

Ripoff Report believes in the First Amendment, even when it is about us. We understand that people who have complaints written about them on our site are upset and want to place blame somewhere, especially if they feel the content of the Reports are false. We're often blamed for the alleged misdeeds of others.

Setting the Record Straight: We question the story provided as it's FREE to use the site, including posting reply/rebuttal comments. For more info see our FAQs www.ripoffreport.com/faq.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I had a horrible experience with ripoffreport.com. For personal reasons, a criminal vindictive person, whom I personally never met, wanted to destroy my reputation in the hope that I would get physically harmed. She impersonated me, scandalized me, posted my private pictures and full address to many websites, and portrayed me as a ** and badmouthed other people in my own name (impersonated me and offended others) and many horrible things.

All the credible websites realized I was a victim after I sent them my IDs and explained the problem, except ripoffreport.com. Even though Ripoff Report.com understood that my life was under threat due to the post sitting on their website and they also understood that me posting a rebuttal would do no good as this isn't a normal consumer who is posting criticism against a company but rather a crazy criminal who wants to get me harmed by instigating false claims to stir up other people against me.

Ripoff Report said "We don't care if you get harmed or die. We are not removing any post or modifying anything. You can pay us $2,000 and we will allow you to post rebuttal." I said I need my name at least to be removed; they didn't budge. Ripoff Report allows crazy people to post anything horrible to their website and it remains there for good, even after the defendant dies; Ripoff Report doesn't honor the dead. Ripoff Report extorts innocent people and is not a credible platform for credible complaints.

RipOffReport.com response

Setting the Record Straight: We question the story provided, especially the quote. Further, it's FREE to use the site, including posting rebuttal comments. FAQs www.ripoffreport.com/faq

Original review: March 20, 2019

From my experience, I have used RipOffReport.com over the past two decades. They have given consumers a voice and a platform to make complaints about bad business transactions. From what I remember you complete a complaint form and what you would like for a resolution. RipOffReport contacts the business in question and presents the complaint. The business has the right to make a rebuttal, ignore the complaint, or work out a resolution with the consumer. I have always had good results with RipOffReport due to my not lying and keeping all documentation and emails relating to the transaction. I feel RipOffReport is a necessary entity which puts the morality of business practices in question and reveals businesses true intent as to how they deal with consumers. RipOffReport helps to maintain trust in the American market place.

RipOffReport.com response

Thanks for you positive words, Rodger!

RipOffReport.com Company Information