RipOffReport.com

85%

Compare Publications

Research top Publications recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

548people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with RipOffReport.com:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

The Economic Frauds Detection & Prevention Inc. makes fake posts about people and companies then tries to extort you for $650 to take you off their site. My name is Abdalelah ** and Economic Frauds report posted many fake posts about me. Not one of these people used a real name because they are not real. I refuse to pay them $650 to take the lies about me off their site. Google the Economic Frauds SCAM and see they are the scammers. The owner is wanted by the FBI for extortion and fraud. Once you are put on that site it goes to number 1 spot when someone googles your name so not cool.

I really don't care what they wrote and I'm definitely not stupid enough to pay them $650 to take me off their site but hey if they are a site saving people from scammers then why would they let the scammer pay their way off the site??? Shouldn't they want that info to stay forever so no one gets scammed by these people instead of letting the scammer pay his way off so he can continue scamming people? That just doesn't make sense. The internet is so full of lies. People with no lives and nothing to do will read a post they have nothing to do with, just so they can converse with other people. They add their 2 cents worth and write up fake posts when they don't even know me or anything about me.

The Ripoff Report makes fake posts about people and companies then try to extort you for 3 grand to take you off the site. My name is Michael ** and ripoff report posted many fake posts about me. Not one of these so called people used a real name because they are not real. I refuse to pay them 3 grand to take the lies about me off their site. Google the ripoff report and see they are the scammers. The owner is wanted by the FBI for extortion and fraud. Once you are put on that site it goes to number 1 spot when someone googles your name so not cool.

I really don't care what they wrote and I'm definitely not stupid enough to pay them 3 grand to take me off their site but hey if they are a site saving people from scammers then why would they let the scammer pay their way off the site??? Shouldn't they want that info to stay forever so no one gets scammed by these people instead of letting the scammer pay his way off so he can continue scamming people. That just doesn't make sense.

The internet is so full of lies. People with no lives and nothing to do will read a post they have nothing to do with and just so they can conversate with other people they add their 2 cents in and write up a fake post when they dont even know me or anything about me. YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GET LIVES BUT HEY KARMA IS A **. IT WILL COME BACK TO BITE YOU IN THE ASS.

I had plumbing replaced shower head and handles for one of the apartments I own. I paid for one product that the plumber told me he would install. I left the apartment and came back when tenant advised me job was done. Cheaper handles were installed not the ones I paid for to be installed. Called company would not fixed the situation. Claimed ones I wanted installed were $1,200.00 and plumber would not have given to me at that price. BEWARE. Scam artist!

All Exclusive Transportation Services Inc. had a minor disagreement with the client; the client did not give All Exclusive Transportation Services Inc. the opportunity to respond and decided to leave an unsubstantiated claim on RipOffReport. Within hours, the customer had a refund and the customer attempted to remove his claim against All Exclusive Transportation Services Inc. off of RipOffReport. They refused to do so. There is no way for All Exclusive Transportation Services Inc. to make an honest rebuttal or explanation about the above-referenced client without paying a substantial amount of money to RipOffReport. How is this even legal?

I filed a complaint against a company, which, I had sued and obtained a default judgment against. The judgment is over $100K. In the post, I did not go into all the bloody details of the lawsuit and the company that stole from me, my hard earned fees and commissions. I just simply stated that the company and its managing director were frauds. All one has to do is look them up on the county court's website which shows several judgments. I have a judgment against the company and the managing partner personally. RipOFF Report has failed to post the complaint, has ignored my many emails with NO RESPONSE whatsoever.

All that I got from ripoff report was that this is under review. Well it has been nearly a month now and they have not posted the report. What they are doing though is contacting the company and managing director and trying to get him to pay them $$$ in order to not post the complaint (this is being told to me by someone that still works for this same company). RIPOFF REPORT is only a lead generating system for other larcenous executive types which use the info to attempt to extort others. Don't buy into their sales pitch.. they are not there to serve you. You can go to the San Mateo County Court's register and search the court records for Michael ** and or Ventana Group LLC, there you will find it all in plain sight.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RipOffReport.com?

This company contacted me about a situation I was having with HBC facilities. They then wrote a new report of HBC facilities and buried all the negative complaints. This company failed miserably as a contractor service coordinator for FedEx Freight and Ripoff Report now states that Cary J Siegel is a successful businessman. Cary Siegel in two years only has contacted me about this Ripoff report but never about the $42590 he owes my company. Ripoff Report doesn't care about the wrongdoing in the world. They only care about how much money businesses will pay to cover it up. Do not waste your time.

RIPOFF REPORT plastered a fake phoney report on my google page. My business is destroyed. The business I spent 20 years building is gone. One customer in 20 yrs somehow went to them and put a bogus report on us. She made up lots of things. Some were true. I did call her a dummy as she called us a thousand times asking for a refund but she refused to send back the product so we had to get the product back before the refund is issued. She wanted refund and keep the product also so we gave her a refund. She was so nasty and plastered lies, half truths on ripoff report. We told RR they put one side of a story that was a lie and they basically said we had to pay them 20,000.00 to get the slam removed! We are now broke and out of business.

How come the FBI does nothing about this RipOff Report and why do they let them terrorize small businesses that are struggling? The owner of RipOff report told me I deserve to be out of business because I called the customer a dummy. OMG, is he the king of the world? Who is this guy to tell me what I can and cannot say to a customer?? He is telling me what to say??

I am a new startup. I have been working to build my website in preparation for launching my products. Before even selling a single product, a false review was posted to the Ripoff Report site. Immediately, I was bombarded with email scams claiming to help me remove this negative review. The review placed against my company is completely false, since I am still in the design phase and have not sold a single product to-date. I'm reluctant to file a rebuttal on the Ripoff Report site, for fear that it will trigger another false review in an attempt to get me to respond and pay for their programs.

Under my company, **, I had a disgruntled customer. He failed to meet the terms of his contract and although we extended his time to receive the product, he still failed to use it because of his failure. After he lost his project, he blamed us and hired a local attorney. The attorney was provided all of the evidence, not just the partial file from his client and the attorney not only refused to proceed and told his client he was wrong but apologized to me.

The client, still upset, filed a report on RipOff. After I saw it, I called him and told him we would prosecute, he wrote and called Ripoff to remove his complaint. Ripoff refused to remove it stating their policy of non-removal. I wrote them and as well, wrote a rebuttal. Still today, I am losing business and jobs because people believe what they read. Shortly after one of my calls to Ripoff, I got a call from someone with a Slavic accent, claiming they would have it removed for $25k. I told him to go to hell.

I can say I filed two incidence on RipOffReport. One with Dell Computers no interest rate financing and one with a Travel Agent called Kings Travel from Georgia area. Both were unethical in their business practices. With Dell they were offering no interest rate financing if you bought one of their computers. We bought one for our son for college. But what turned out to be promoted as no interest turned out to be one lie. It turned out Dell was not approving anyone for the interest free loan. We had very good credit and could not understand why we did not qualify.

Thank goodness for RipOffReport where I posted a very upsetting post about what happened. Apparently I was not the only one going through the same thing. An Attorney saw my post and several others and contacted me. He and his law firm dealt with class action lawsuits. After about two years of investigating his firm found out Dell was directing their credit agency to decline just about everyone, hence the no interest rate credit did not exist. It seems Dell was using some sort of credit formula that they refused to give out to the consumer as an explanation of why they were denied. All in all it was found through very good legal work and a paper trail that illegal activity was going on. Dell settled, yes we got a small settle amount.

The second company Kings Cruise company in Georgia. They kept my money when I canceled the trip even though I bought their travel insurance. They refused to honor the agreement. The only way I could have got my money back was to hire an attorney in Georgia and I could not afford it. So I lost 1000.00 to a dishonest company. I have no issue with RipOffReport. I am a real consumer who went there because I felt hopeless.

I've never had such quick response and the RipOffReport people handled my dilemma without a hitch. Do you realize that you just did what all the websites are saying you would not. Not to worry, I won't miss any of the already half-dozen posts I've made already (and am hopeful you've not read them too). I'm really sorry about assuming the worst... it's actually a bad thing to do... Thanks, I'll not verify your stated intentions and have a bit of deleting to do now. This was the quickest response time... thanks again.

I've seen first hand the damage that can be done by RipOffReport and have seen many businesses and individuals wrongly and unfairly accused of things. One was even be an ex-wife looking for revenge. It is ridiculous the things that get posted on that site. The fact is that according to the law, you will not be able to get the report removed. A friend asked me to help with this problem and I was able to eventually get it removed from Google but it wasn't easy. Happy to share my experiences and if I can help anyone with this problem I can tell you what worked for me.

I worked for a company and a woman requested to be contacted for a demo. It was assigned to me. I reached out and she said that she had an emergency and she wanted to do demo next week. I wished her well and asked if I should just delete her request so she wouldn't get contact and she could resubmit when ready. She said "No it's fine, we would do demo next week." A couple days later, I was going through files and realized that one of them was a referral and got a free month and texted to let them know. The account was not flagged for no contact so business as usual. Well, she responded that since I contacted her before the next week, that she wanted a year free of service.

I googled her at that point to find out who she was and it turns out that she harasses companies, gets people fired to get free things, creates fake Facebook sites of dead soldiers and dying children to get followers and then switches it to her name, even takes charitable contributions. She stalks celebrities and common people and when they try to defend themselves, she threatens to ruin their lives, creates accounts in their names and does all types of things. I apologized and explained that I am a mother of two and the sole supporter of my family. She said "Guilt trips don't work on me sweetheart" and posted my comment on Twitter and ripoff report saying my company's name and my name. Saying that I harassed her and that the company gives terrible customer service to their clients. I had been with the company for almost 3 years, was a top rep and never had a complaint after dealing with thousands of clients.

We had just gone public and I was fired because of it. Then my company gave her 3 months of free service. I was all alone, I had just moved to a new state (next to my parents) because my company said I couldn't work in the state my parents lived in. I had earned the privilege to work from home because of outstanding work and I was left all alone, jobless, in a house I just moved into 2 weeks prior with two babies and no job. All because she posted a ripoff report on me and my company. She was not a client and requested contact. Now, potential clients google my name and that comes up on the first page. New companies that I would like to work for google my name and find that. I have nothing but positive things about me online and then an Internet cyber stalker ruined my reputation in order to get free service and cost me my job using this site.

She has about 30 ripoff reports from her victims about her and she was allowed to post there still. Then I look and to even have them look into the situation, they want 2 grand. It should be illegal. It is immoral, irresponsible, defamatory, unethical and slanderous. It should not be legal for people to use a site like this to extort money from small business or to so easily put up slander. There is no legality or credibility or even an attempt to see if this information is true. People work very hard to create businesses and careers and a loser that has no job and supports themselves by robbing, conniving and stealing can tear years of hard work down with a few clicks of a keyboard. And the victims have no defense. It's just there. Consumers don't know if they are true or not but I know that if I send a potential client an email for whatever company I represent, until this post is down, they will google my name and find this.

It damages my credibility when this woman asked for contact, told me not to delete her request, has dozens of websites devoted to exposing how horrible of a person she is but clients and employers won't know any of this. They will just see my name, a ripoff report, and the word harassment. I'd like there to be a lawsuit where everyone who was damaged falsely by this site joins a class action and seeks reparation. Extortion plain and simple from multiple angles. May God handle this one. I'll be praying. If you look at my image attached, as soon as she posted her thanks to the company, another person (who has since told me that this woman has a group that monitors her 24/7) posted to please not give her anything because she is a scam artist. I still lost my job. The ripoff report still remains. My name is still tarnished.

My company was solicited by a scam artist who offered us marketing services. Once we paid his fee he then put us on ROR stating that we were the scam artist. Ed ** of ROR then stated it would cost $2000 for him to look into the claim.

This website, allows mysterious people with no name, usually competitors, to simply post false accusations and false lies made up to slander other hardworking people. If these were to be true, allow the business or person accused to challenge and delete that. If not, allow it to be heard. However this company charges $2000 to "consider" removing it or sinking it down the bottom of google search.

I am a real person. I have a report against me on Ripoff report. The report is a lie, fabrication, never happened, and I can't do anything about it. The website report mentions an incident that never occurred from an unidentified person. The amount of money is far more charges than our monthly membership charge which accompanies a contract, which of course was not presented due to the fact that it doesn't exist, it is a lie. And last our business was relocated in December of 2012, not March of 2013 as mentioned in the time of incident. This makes it impossible to be true based on timeline factors alone. This is a complete scam and RipOffReport.com is a ripoff to generate an income from hard working citizens.

This company puts false reports on its site and then tries to charge business to remove them. They admit that they do not have the resources to verify anything. Anybody can write anything on this website, anytime, & they do not have to provide any evidence or documentation to support any allegation. The company also admits that sometimes, competitors write false complaints on the website. If you have been defamed on their site by a false report, you have to pay them a $2000 fee & they will "consider" removing it.

Recently, a person I did not know & had never done business with, contacted me & demanded a "refund" of $1800 & threatened to add my name to a complaint unless I gave him money. I did not know this man & had never been paid a fee by him for anything. I did not pay him. Then, about a month later, I was told by a potential client that there was a ripoff report that mentioned my name. I checked this website & to my horror, found a false report that mentioned me. I wrote a rebuttal explaining what this total stranger had done. He then wrote a rebuttal, repeating the same falsehoods, yet again. I posted another rebuttal, but the damage to my reputation is done.

The operators of this disgraceful website won't remove anything even though they know that at least some of their reports are false. I suppose that some reports are true, but many are not true, and they know it. I can't pay $2000 to get rid of this. I don't know what to do now. First, the person who wrote the false report tried to extort money from me and now Ripoff Report wants to extort money from me to get rid of the false report. This is a nightmare.

This company puts false reports on its site and then tries to charge business to remove them. This should be illegal. RipoffReport.com is a ripoff, false reports, fee to remove.

Recently I was told from a client that my company ** had a complaint registered against them from a company called Rip Off Report. After writing to them (Rip Off Report) explaining that we have never done business in the state where this report was generated. They told me that I could have this post that is online taken off the web for $2000.00. I again stated that "we have never done work in this state, why would you charge me $2000.00 to have something removed if it was not true." They said "that's what it will cost if you want it removed."

We have an a+ rating with the bbb and this report published online from rip off report is an out and out lie. This company will allow anyone to write a report on a company and never follow up to make sure that the allegations are true. I have written a rebuttal that they included on the report but the report on ** is still online and does not make ** look good. I find a company that charges thousands of dollars to delete false accusations to be a rip off as well. I am hoping that others that are falsely accused by this Rip Off Report complain as I have to the attorney generals office to have this company stop from falsely accusing companies that follow good business practice.

In theory a complaint website sounds great. Repulsively www.ripoffreport.com business model is to charge huge fees to be removed, even if a "complaint" is clearly fake or just an angry rant. The site points to Facebook and says they too have no ability to monitor or verify complaints or slander, but Facebook doesn't earn its revenue from removing false information.

This company has full-time legal staff to handle all the lawsuits file against them where they allow anyone to post slanderous postings. They will not remove it even if the person that placed the post wants it removed. Oh, wait yes for $2000.00 they consider it. Oh wait one more way they make money for $600.00 a month they will block it. This is not a consumer assistant program. Those can be handle with The FTC or State.

I operate ** in Westminster, MD 21157 and I had a defamatory and slanderous review left that was completely un-factual and fraudulent in every way. This guy Brent ** had a business transaction with me concerning my personal 240 sx car he bought. Had nothing to do with my shop however it wasn't until later I discovered he was hired by my competitors to ruin my reputation because we were doing such solid work it was impacting other businesses locally in the area. Pretty much we were taking money away from everyone else. So not only did Brent ** lie all over the Internet and make fake pictures and post them online and leave contradicting stories all over the place but he left a fraudulent review on ripoffreport.com of which he later admitted to Judge ** of the district court in Westminster, MD it was a lie and made up.

I have contacted ripoffreport.com concerning this matter and getting the completely fraudulent review removed (of which everything he stated was a complete fabrication of what never happened) and I was never replied back to. I sent several emails but no response. The only response I received was in my email from them stating I can pay $$$$$$$ to have the review bumped down to the bottom of Google and other search engines. I said "Hell no. That's a scam." Then I replied back and no response again.

90% of the online sites removed the fraudulent reviews and obviously slanderous and photoshopped pictures but places like ripoffreport.com have refused to remove it which has greatly affected my business and here it is 5 + years later and I am still being hounded by other people online who call me a scumbag and a scammer etc. and use ripoffreport.com as a reason for their abusive demeanor towards me.

I have snapshots of current and past attacks on me by people who use what was left on ripoffreport.com to bash me. Most recent was about a week and a half ago. It's been a nightmare and I have lost so much business because of ripoffreport.com specifically and I have nearly lost my business that I worked so hard to start; right from the ground up. Nothing that was left in the review was factual. It was all lies and fraudulent. I would LOVE it if there was an attorney that could help me with this. It's been years and I am still being harassed on almost a daily basis because of ripoffreport.com

There are two negative reports that show up on the ROR page when you look up "Student Loan Exchange." Both are outdated and contain inaccurate information on both the substance and facts relating to what SLE actually does. The documented problem with this notoriously fraudulent website is that when bonafide rebuttals or explanations are posted by company officials or clients taking a contrary positive point of view, those postings are NEVER posted. Even after repeated efforts, they are always in a state of "Review."

So while the concept of the ROR is great, it is corrupted by the fact that ROR uses these negative reports to then hock their own company as a "reputation repair" for the very same negative information they themselves propagate... and then charges thousands of dollars to "fix" the issue. This should be clear to any reasonable consumer that the whistle blower is in fact, the real fraudster.

Clearly, some companies are certainly deserving of such critiques, but the vast majority of small businesses negatively affected by the deleterious activities are left without recourse to then alleviate issues or address posted information that is willfully or unintentionally false or misleading. In our own case, we have repeatedly asked to submit facts that contradict statements that is always listed first on google search. That these comments are completely false and made by individuals who seem to be not located, and most important, were never even actual clients.

So we will still suffer because of the only two negative reviews we have ever had at any time, in any media (including the DOE), simply because ROR continues to operate without ethics and without any fairness in its business practices. It is a shame that potential clients will suffer due to the undue skepticism caused by these toxic websites.

I am a part-time professional clown that does mostly birthday parties for families in my local area. I discovered a bad review on my business on ripoffreports.com. It's so bogus, it's laughable. But I'm not laughing that the bad review that comes up on the first page of a google search of my business. The review was made by a man in Los Angeles, CA that I don't know and have never done business with. I have only done business in Illinois, mostly central Illinois.

Everything about the review is false. It stated that I did not show up when expected, that I was drunk, was smoking and cursing during their child's party. The truth is this never happened. It is a total lie!!! Anyone can write anything about any business with a false name and get away with it on this site!!! I do this business on the side for fun, to bring joy to families in my community. I don't make much money doing this. I do not have the funds to pay for arbitration, lawsuits for defamation, etc. I am a part-time church secretary and live a clean life.

I had an issue with a dentist and over billing after insurance already paid out a claim. The only way I was able to get any satisfaction was to create a report on the person. I was able to get the outstanding debt removed and out of collections. The site is impossible to read but it served its purpose.

I made the mistake of joining in on a ripoff report post for somebody that had been conning people out of money. He retaliated with a completely fabricated report on me on rip off report under an anonymous name. They didn't verify the validity of it and won't take it down and want $2000 to amend the report.

Ripoff Reports reviews are not written by people who don't exist! I have a right to get on a website such as Ripoff Reports and tell of my bad experience with a company. I am not a person who does not exist! I don't think online companies should be able to wipe out my bad reviews of companies that don't treat me fairly, or take my money and never send my product. Other people have a right to know what kind of business they are thinking of dealing with. I have a brain. I know how to pick between legitimate complaints and ravings. Some of the people who are complaining about sites that contain reviews sound more like raving than the complaints themselves.

I have spent about $500 on similar products from two sites, and had I been diligent in researching the complaints about them before purchasing, I would not be trying to find out if I am ever getting the products I have already been charged for. I would also have been aware that the two sites are probably the same people. Some people may leave awful reviews, but that should not negate everyone's ability to let others know about the experiences that they have been through with a company.

We came across a review a competitor posted about us. You can tell it's our competitor since the same say and time that was posted maybe 20 minutes later I get an email from this competitor claiming he's suing me for infringement. This guy thinks I'm dumb not to figure it out, but anyways back to RipOffReport they claim that they post everything and it can't and won’t be taken off. But talking about lying scum, I posted a rebuttal almost 10 days later and it's not posted. I've submitted a few more and still no posting of my rebuttal.

Then I thought of a genius plan. Why not use RipoffReport.com like yelp, and yp? I asked my satisfied clients to start writing positive reviews on ripoffreport. Heck they're so high in Google searches why not get some free reviews and advertising. So far I think it's started working. RipOffReport thinks they can harm business owners why not just use their system against them and all the bogus reviews, get some positive ones put in.

I'm just going to make this simple. My husband was defamed, called names and has seriously been so beaten down that it's just beyond me why people are so hurtful. My husband might not always make friends but even then there are no reasons to make inaccurate assumptions. I am so sick of these people and their "fake reports." No one can do anything about this??? I would never pay 2k to "try" and hope that this imaginary person would be cordial enough and remove this crap. Unfortunately this wouldn't happen because people have no heart and would kill to see others fall for their benefit. Some people need to be taught some manners and I would LOVE if the court system would take this slandering crappy no excuse website off.

My company has a false statement which has affected my business and we've done nothing wrong. We have an executed agreement and POA from a client so that we could pursue unclaimed government refund money for her. The client got the refund that's been owed since 2009, admitted that she donated it all to charity and refuses to pay. Now that she knows our firm is pursuing her legally she has posted FALSE and very slanderous statements against our company. RipOffReport.com claims that if you give their 3rd party arbitrators $2,000 they will potentially remove the false statement. What a SCAM. I've got some money to burn and would love to perform a Class Action lawsuit against RipOffReport.com. I'm also willing to team up with investors in an effort to create a website that authenticates people and business, not some garage that RipOffReport.com allows.

A false and slanderous report/complaint was filed with RipOffReport.com by an unnamed individual on 2/18/2015. The unidentified individual stated the VLM Capital Consultants LLC is a fictitious company and that a Chase bank account did not exist for this company. The unnamed individual was allowed to publish this false and misleading statement also stating that the Company and its business banking with Chase Bank was nothing more than a scam. It is obvious that VLM Capital Consultants is a legitimate Company and it does have its business banking account with Chase Bank. Its publishing of a false complaint is slander against our Company and has caused a loss of credibility for our Company. Most probably a tremendous loss of business.