1.43/5

110 RipOffReport.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 10, 2019

I had a customer order an item which we made according to her measurements. She received it and said it didn't fit. We offered an exchange and made her a new item to her new measurements before she even sent back 1st piece. She complained that the 2nd item did not have the protective armors which we told her to take from the 1st jacket. Basically she ordered 2 jackets, custom measurements, different sizes and never returned the 1st one. She obviously wanted to sell or give the 2nd jacket to someone.

She comes to RipOffReport.com and made up some B.S. and to do a rebuttal ROR. Wanted over $150 to leave reply. Screw them. They are extortionists and owner is wanted on warrants. They also run a company to scam biz owners even more by charging $1000s to remove or lower the report results on search engines. Google is to blame as well. They are accomplices in the whole scam and eventually will sue them for $1000 a day the report showed up in my search results. They will owe me millions.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I had a horrible experience with ripoffreport.com. For personal reasons, a criminal vindictive person, whom I personally never met, wanted to destroy my reputation in the hope that I would get physically harmed. She impersonated me, scandalized me, posted my private pictures and full address to many websites, and portrayed me as a ** and badmouthed other people in my own name (impersonated me and offended others) and many horrible things.

All the credible websites realized I was a victim after I sent them my IDs and explained the problem, except ripoffreport.com. Even though Ripoff Report.com understood that my life was under threat due to the post sitting on their website and they also understood that me posting a rebuttal would do no good as this isn't a normal consumer who is posting criticism against a company but rather a crazy criminal who wants to get me harmed by instigating false claims to stir up other people against me.

Ripoff Report said "We don't care if you get harmed or die. We are not removing any post or modifying anything. You can pay us $2,000 and we will allow you to post rebuttal." I said I need my name at least to be removed; they didn't budge. Ripoff Report allows crazy people to post anything horrible to their website and it remains there for good, even after the defendant dies; Ripoff Report doesn't honor the dead. Ripoff Report extorts innocent people and is not a credible platform for credible complaints.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2019

From my experience, I have used RipOffReport.com over the past two decades. They have given consumers a voice and a platform to make complaints about bad business transactions. From what I remember you complete a complaint form and what you would like for a resolution. RipOffReport contacts the business in question and presents the complaint. The business has the right to make a rebuttal, ignore the complaint, or work out a resolution with the consumer. I have always had good results with RipOffReport due to my not lying and keeping all documentation and emails relating to the transaction. I feel RipOffReport is a necessary entity which puts the morality of business practices in question and reveals businesses true intent as to how they deal with consumers. RipOffReport helps to maintain trust in the American market place.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I've filed complaints on RipoffReport.com over the years. The last one was probably a few years ago, so I can't speak to what happened after that. My complaints did appear. In contrast, I've filed five reviews at ConsumerAffairs.com, but after a year, only two have appeared. The three that haven't appeared here review Care.com, HanesBrands.com, and the oldest office supply company in my state. The reason given is that ConsumerAffairs has to collect more reviews before they post a listing for these companies.

As regards RipoffReport, because the name is "RipoffReport," and you cannot remove what you write, I filed complaints about large national businesses that I had given up on just to warn others and get it out of my system. I did not check the box to be contacted by lawyers, the media [or the company?]. I am fair and rational. I did notice that quite a few other complaints there seemed to be hot-headed and seemingly written by people with limited education/IQs. I wondered why so many complaints were like that instead of representing a variety of writing/IQ levels. In the past, I was also concerned to see reviews posted on people who were not in business, like someone reviewing their ex-spouse, etc. I saw more than one of those. They too were hot-headed and seemingly written by people with a limited educations/IQs.

I'm reading the other reviews of RipoffReport here with an open mind. At the same time, I wondered why so many of them display a lack of clarity, gaps in their stories and errors in word usage. I have happened to read letters from blue collar and pink collar business owners elsewhere responding to complaints against them that were surprisingly cogent and literate, even when that person was an immigrant from a third world country. Something about that situation brings out people's best English Comp skills. So the school system isn't necessarily that incompetent...

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

As normal, hiring a contractor, plumber, or painter receives 50% upfront then the remaining amount is due upon completion of work. The painter that was hired named Anthony ** a bald head man, living on ** at phone **, is unlicensed, not equipped as a professional painter, nor has business cards but appears to be professional. He'll start the job once he receives upfront monies, and asks for more money within a week. He attempted to prepare one part of the house, not the entire house for exterior painting.

A month later, do you know he has only sloppily put primer over chipped paint and on only one side of the house for 30 days? The rest of house was not touched. When he was told that (no more funds) will be handed to him until the house sees real paint; as of this writing, it's been 10 days... Not sight, no response, no callback, no receipts from him proving he bought the supplies for us. Rather, he used our money for personal expenses.

We were smart enough to have given him Cashier's Checks plus had him sign receipts as a backup. Now, I'm back to square one, searching for another painter, and have to come up with more money to give that Anthony's Painting stole. DO NOT HIRE HIM. BELIEVE ME! YOU'LL BE SORRY!!!! So, Anthony ** will be served papers from Civil Court filed in Los Angeles, CA.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RipOffReport.com?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I had a customer of my biz get upset over a mistake, that wasn't even our mistake. He went to Ripoff Report to report it. I talked with my customer and he understood the mistake and apologized and said he'll get rid of the review. He then called Ripoff Report to remove the mistaken complaint. They refused. I then called them to get it removed as it isn't even a legit complaint. They tried to extort money out of me for a "mediation" for something that did not even need a mediation. But they said the page will never be able to removed. Go Google "Ed Magedson", owner of Ripoff Report. He is a criminal that lives in hiding in AZ with armed security because he is so hated. Anyone who has called them knows of their extortion techniques. These guys are human garbage.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I tried to report a scam business on their site, but it has been taken down because they claimed that I am not their customer. I showed all of my evidence that I am the customer of that site, but they still put my report down. I think that company somehow paid RipOffReport fee to take off bad reviews. Honestly, RipOffReport.com is no different than other SCAM companies. Please don't use this dishonest site.

Original review: April 12, 2018

A supposed tenant that rented from my company but did not give their name writes a false review. The company Ripoff Report says they never remove reviews. That it is free speech. Five years later this review still shows up as #2 on a Google Search of my name. Every time I file rebuttal it moves it up in a search. BUT my rebuttal is hidden way down there. They email me that I can join CAP their company that will restore my reputation. They will not verify the false report. Their CAP program is an endless bunch of links but you never get an actual price. It is another scam. Probably to steal your identity since the people most affected by this are usually business owners.

Original review: March 13, 2018

On August of 2017 I had a dispute with a client/competitor, Health Plus Trans, LLC. In turn, in order not to pay me for services rendered, which of course they sent me a bogus non cashable check, they defamed and slandered my name viciously with negative and vicious comments on RipOff Report.com, which included my personal information, personal and business names, home and business address, damaging my personal and professional reputation in order to gain clientele that would usually use my services. Ripoff Report displayed the accuser's portion of partial proof without displaying my portion of complete proof as rebuttal, even though I uploaded the rebuttal documents proving my innocence.

When I contacted Ripoff Report, they wanted me to contact their Corporate Advocacy Program to semi clean the damage on my reputation by Health Plus Trans, LLC. The cost was outrageous, and of course I cannot afford it. So, I pretty much gave up trying to repair my damaged reputation on Ripoff Report, and of course I cannot afford a defamation and slander attorney since I am a small home business trying to make ends meet in order to give my child a good life. Ripoff Report is definitely an unethical and evil company only established for money ruining innocent people's lives.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I submitted a report on RipOff after a company I was engaged in refused to compensate me, after 4 months I contacted the company and after they realized it was a mix-up on their end, and they settled immediately. I contacted this malicious company and asked to please remove the report as the issue had been resolved, and I think it's only fair to the business, The owner of RipOff responded with a worthless long email, taking credit for having helped me received the compensation, refused to remove the report, then referred me to the policy of his website about removing a report.

In the last 2 week I have been in contact with the company and would like to offer me the job opportunity, but I can't, as I feel guilty and think someone might see the report and, and maybe terminate me, so I am literary turning down a 6 figure job opportunity because of this malicious evil RipOff company. Please be warned. RipOff will ruin your life and career. Everything I posted was 100% true to the word and the company agreed it was a mistake on their part, they settled and decided to moved on, but RipOff wants to dwell on the issue and now are Ripping me off a career and income. BTW RipOff is "F" rated by BBB.

RipOffReport.com Company Information