2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.48/5

RipOffReport.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RipOffReport.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about RipOffReport.com?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

As normal, hiring a contractor, plumber, or painter receives 50% upfront then the remaining amount is due upon completion of work. The painter that was hired named Anthony ** a bald head man, living on ** at phone **, is unlicensed, not equipped as a professional painter, nor has business cards but appears to be professional. He'll start the job once he receives upfront monies, and asks for more money within a week. He attempted to prepare one part of the house, not the entire house for exterior painting.

A month later, do you know he has only sloppily put primer over chipped paint and on only one side of the house for 30 days? The rest of house was not touched. When he was told that (no more funds) will be handed to him until the house sees real paint; as of this writing, it's been 10 days... Not sight, no response, no callback, no receipts from him proving he bought the supplies for us. Rather, he used our money for personal expenses.

We were smart enough to have given him Cashier's Checks plus had him sign receipts as a backup. Now, I'm back to square one, searching for another painter, and have to come up with more money to give that Anthony's Painting stole. DO NOT HIRE HIM. BELIEVE ME! YOU'LL BE SORRY!!!! So, Anthony ** will be served papers from Civil Court filed in Los Angeles, CA.

RipOffReport.com response

It appears that this consumer review is not actually about the website RipoffReport.com but rather a different company. Perhaps it was erroneously categorized? Either way, Ripoff Report wishes "Tanyad" the best of luck with his/her dispute resolution goals.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I had a customer of my biz get upset over a mistake, that wasn't even our mistake. He went to Ripoff Report to report it. I talked with my customer and he understood the mistake and apologized and said he'll get rid of the review. He then called Ripoff Report to remove the mistaken complaint. They refused. I then called them to get it removed as it isn't even a legit complaint. They tried to extort money out of me for a "mediation" for something that did not even need a mediation. But they said the page will never be able to removed. Go Google "Ed Magedson", owner of Ripoff Report. He is a criminal that lives in hiding in AZ with armed security because he is so hated. Anyone who has called them knows of their extortion techniques. These guys are human garbage.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I tried to report a scam business on their site, but it has been taken down because they claimed that I am not their customer. I showed all of my evidence that I am the customer of that site, but they still put my report down. I think that company somehow paid RipOffReport fee to take off bad reviews. Honestly, RipOffReport.com is no different than other SCAM companies. Please don't use this dishonest site.

Original review: April 12, 2018

A supposed tenant that rented from my company but did not give their name writes a false review. The company Ripoff Report says they never remove reviews. That it is free speech. Five years later this review still shows up as #2 on a Google Search of my name. Every time I file rebuttal it moves it up in a search. BUT my rebuttal is hidden way down there. They email me that I can join CAP their company that will restore my reputation. They will not verify the false report. Their CAP program is an endless bunch of links but you never get an actual price. It is another scam. Probably to steal your identity since the people most affected by this are usually business owners.

Original review: March 13, 2018

On August of 2017 I had a dispute with a client/competitor, Health Plus Trans, LLC. In turn, in order not to pay me for services rendered, which of course they sent me a bogus non cashable check, they defamed and slandered my name viciously with negative and vicious comments on RipOff Report.com, which included my personal information, personal and business names, home and business address, damaging my personal and professional reputation in order to gain clientele that would usually use my services. Ripoff Report displayed the accuser's portion of partial proof without displaying my portion of complete proof as rebuttal, even though I uploaded the rebuttal documents proving my innocence.

When I contacted Ripoff Report, they wanted me to contact their Corporate Advocacy Program to semi clean the damage on my reputation by Health Plus Trans, LLC. The cost was outrageous, and of course I cannot afford it. So, I pretty much gave up trying to repair my damaged reputation on Ripoff Report, and of course I cannot afford a defamation and slander attorney since I am a small home business trying to make ends meet in order to give my child a good life. Ripoff Report is definitely an unethical and evil company only established for money ruining innocent people's lives.

RipOffReport.com response

Setting the Record Straight: A copy of the check may not have been posted because it contains PROHIBITED content (bank account & signature) which creates a fraud risk. That makes us "evil and unethical"?

Hope you have better days.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I submitted a report on RipOff after a company I was engaged in refused to compensate me, after 4 months I contacted the company and after they realized it was a mix-up on their end, and they settled immediately. I contacted this malicious company and asked to please remove the report as the issue had been resolved, and I think it's only fair to the business, The owner of RipOff responded with a worthless long email, taking credit for having helped me received the compensation, refused to remove the report, then referred me to the policy of his website about removing a report.

In the last 2 week I have been in contact with the company and would like to offer me the job opportunity, but I can't, as I feel guilty and think someone might see the report and, and maybe terminate me, so I am literary turning down a 6 figure job opportunity because of this malicious evil RipOff company. Please be warned. RipOff will ruin your life and career. Everything I posted was 100% true to the word and the company agreed it was a mistake on their part, they settled and decided to moved on, but RipOff wants to dwell on the issue and now are Ripping me off a career and income. BTW RipOff is "F" rated by BBB.

RipOffReport.com response

Ripoff Report believes in the First Amendment, even when it is about us.

Setting the Record Straight: It's made clear to all users that we don't remove postings even at their later request. It's on our FAQs page, in our TOS, and part of a short paragraph that people are expected to read when they check the box (it's not pre-checked) stating that they agree to non-removal at the time they submit a post.

You can always write a well worded, friendly, Update to explain the happy resolution.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

This site is BS... They post anything without any proof whatsoever. Someone can post something negative about you or your business and they don’t have to submit any proof... And this site post it as if it’s factual. This should be illegal.

RipOffReport.com response

Ripoff Report believes in the First Amendment, even when it is about us. We understand that people who have complaints written about them on our site are upset and want to place blame somewhere, especially if they feel the content of the Reports are false. We're often blamed for the alleged misdeeds of others.

Setting the Record Straight: Ironic is someone complaining about Ripoff Report, on another similar platform that also doesn't verify facts, to suggest we did something wrong. :)

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

When I initially wrote about Bud4High, and how they ripped me off, the manager said he was willing to work with me, but only after the report was removed or edited. I edited the report but he REFUSED to take down the original report. This whole thing might have been averted if he had done that! We will never know now! Now I am out of my $409 and did not receive what I ordered as well. Do not use this website, he is bad for business and for the consumer!

RipOffReport.com response

Ripoff Report believes in the First Amendment, even when it is about us.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I published a legitimate review of a business. The business owner in turn published my personal information and lies about me on several sites that profit from slander. A federal court has ruled that RipOffReport, though it has some legit or legitimate reviews, profits off of slander by publishing it and prohibiting the original writer to remove it. Do not write a review on that website, your life will be haunted from that day forward. The owner of the website is evil and when you get in the bed with evil expect bad things to happen to you. Also, for those thinking they will sue or get Google to remove the information, think again. The owner of RipOffReport submits new links of the same information anytime someone wins a lawsuit and Google removes the information from the search results. My best advice to people wronged by a company is to contact the BBB or write a review on the company's Google profile page.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I was a victim of ripoffreports.com like many others. I was called a liar after I left negative feedback for an online store called HomeBello. I had placed an order for our office and after over two months, it was cancelled. I emailed their customer support and was told they had called several times and left messages for my assistant. I answer my own phone, so I know that was not true. I left poor feedback and the slander on ripoffreports.com was posted the same day I got this email:

"Really? I never called? Now you lie too? You think I don't like to get this sale and make money? And then you go around and spread your negativity and lies around?? You got 30 min to remove your feedback which is a lie or karma will be ** for Compass Personal Advisors and believe me: you don't want that. 30 min". I did file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau where HomeBello has an "F" rating.

RipOffReport.com Company Information