2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.50/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

RipOffReport.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RipOffReport.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about RipOffReport.com?

Original review: March 13, 2018

On August of 2017 I had a dispute with a client/competitor, Health Plus Trans, LLC. In turn, in order not to pay me for services rendered, which of course they sent me a bogus non cashable check, they defamed and slandered my name viciously with negative and vicious comments on RipOff Report.com, which included my personal information, personal and business names, home and business address, damaging my personal and professional reputation in order to gain clientele that would usually use my services. Ripoff Report displayed the accuser's portion of partial proof without displaying my portion of complete proof as rebuttal, even though I uploaded the rebuttal documents proving my innocence.

When I contacted Ripoff Report, they wanted me to contact their Corporate Advocacy Program to semi clean the damage on my reputation by Health Plus Trans, LLC. The cost was outrageous, and of course I cannot afford it. So, I pretty much gave up trying to repair my damaged reputation on Ripoff Report, and of course I cannot afford a defamation and slander attorney since I am a small home business trying to make ends meet in order to give my child a good life. Ripoff Report is definitely an unethical and evil company only established for money ruining innocent people's lives.

RipOffReport.com response

Setting the Record Straight: A copy of the check may not have been posted because it contains PROHIBITED content (bank account & signature) which creates a fraud risk. That makes us "evil and unethical"?

Hope you have better days.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I submitted a report on RipOff after a company I was engaged in refused to compensate me, after 4 months I contacted the company and after they realized it was a mix-up on their end, and they settled immediately. I contacted this malicious company and asked to please remove the report as the issue had been resolved, and I think it's only fair to the business, The owner of RipOff responded with a worthless long email, taking credit for having helped me received the compensation, refused to remove the report, then referred me to the policy of his website about removing a report.

In the last 2 week I have been in contact with the company and would like to offer me the job opportunity, but I can't, as I feel guilty and think someone might see the report and, and maybe terminate me, so I am literary turning down a 6 figure job opportunity because of this malicious evil RipOff company. Please be warned. RipOff will ruin your life and career. Everything I posted was 100% true to the word and the company agreed it was a mistake on their part, they settled and decided to moved on, but RipOff wants to dwell on the issue and now are Ripping me off a career and income. BTW RipOff is "F" rated by BBB.

RipOffReport.com response

Ripoff Report believes in the First Amendment, even when it is about us.

Setting the Record Straight: It's made clear to all users that we don't remove postings even at their later request. It's on our FAQs page, in our TOS, and part of a short paragraph that people are expected to read when they check the box (it's not pre-checked) stating that they agree to non-removal at the time they submit a post.

You can always write a well worded, friendly, Update to explain the happy resolution.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

This site is BS... They post anything without any proof whatsoever. Someone can post something negative about you or your business and they don’t have to submit any proof... And this site post it as if it’s factual. This should be illegal.

RipOffReport.com response

Ripoff Report believes in the First Amendment, even when it is about us. We understand that people who have complaints written about them on our site are upset and want to place blame somewhere, especially if they feel the content of the Reports are false. We're often blamed for the alleged misdeeds of others.

Setting the Record Straight: Ironic is someone complaining about Ripoff Report, on another similar platform that also doesn't verify facts, to suggest we did something wrong. :)

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

When I initially wrote about Bud4High, and how they ripped me off, the manager said he was willing to work with me, but only after the report was removed or edited. I edited the report but he REFUSED to take down the original report. This whole thing might have been averted if he had done that! We will never know now! Now I am out of my $409 and did not receive what I ordered as well. Do not use this website, he is bad for business and for the consumer!

RipOffReport.com response

Ripoff Report believes in the First Amendment, even when it is about us.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I published a legitimate review of a business. The business owner in turn published my personal information and lies about me on several sites that profit from slander. A federal court has ruled that RipOffReport, though it has some legit or legitimate reviews, profits off of slander by publishing it and prohibiting the original writer to remove it. Do not write a review on that website, your life will be haunted from that day forward. The owner of the website is evil and when you get in the bed with evil expect bad things to happen to you. Also, for those thinking they will sue or get Google to remove the information, think again. The owner of RipOffReport submits new links of the same information anytime someone wins a lawsuit and Google removes the information from the search results. My best advice to people wronged by a company is to contact the BBB or write a review on the company's Google profile page.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I was a victim of ripoffreports.com like many others. I was called a liar after I left negative feedback for an online store called HomeBello. I had placed an order for our office and after over two months, it was cancelled. I emailed their customer support and was told they had called several times and left messages for my assistant. I answer my own phone, so I know that was not true. I left poor feedback and the slander on ripoffreports.com was posted the same day I got this email:

"Really? I never called? Now you lie too? You think I don't like to get this sale and make money? And then you go around and spread your negativity and lies around?? You got 30 min to remove your feedback which is a lie or karma will be ** for Compass Personal Advisors and believe me: you don't want that. 30 min". I did file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau where HomeBello has an "F" rating.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

As so many others here I have been a victim of someone's maliciousness who has made false claims against me and my business, claiming I sold a fake art piece and claiming that my last name was something along the lines of made up. After doing research about this site and speaking to my lawyers there is really not much you can do, other than hope that people understand it's a scam site and people use it to slander you, and the site generates revenues by asking for high numbers to get these things taken down.

It is shameful that this type of site exists, where you cannot really defend those claims, or you dont have to back it up with documentation, and it is even more shameful to understand the business model it represents. Please don't take any of these comments seriously or cross reference other comments and sites to validate accusations. Unfortunately one bad comment can outweigh ten good ones, but common sense needs to be applied. RipOffReport is a largely misused site and I sure hope that the day will come where it will be taken down altogether.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I attempted to write a "follow up" review which was denied since I no longer had access to the initial email address used and I guess they thought I was an imposter or just lazy. I asked if there was any way to recover my account, which was simply ignored. I'm locked out of even updating my review like they claim is an option so I just wanted to say two things: the first, obvious one is that this website's business model is essentially one of an extortion racket than an actual review site.

This site doesn't allow you to even initially edit your content, it hinges solely on trying to collect blackmail, regardless of how true the information is, making this site a very warm home to a cesspool of competitors that think they're being clever. This is completely predatory and isn't in line with the purpose of a real review site. If a publication had a policy against rescinding or commenting on past reviews, that would allow them to never have to be accountable for libel, essentially providing legal cover to operate as unethically as they please. This is essentially what is going on with RipoffReport.com.

The other thing is about my review that they wouldn't allow me to update, titled "Soulistic Total Health sham psychic San Diego California" which I completely rescind, and honestly, I don't need to comment on about its veracity. I was a professional troll for years unfortunately and I can assure you that deceptive reviews are a very real and ugly issue, I take them with a huge grain of salt. I'd ask to keep an open mind if you're a prospective client that got linked over to this and try it for yourself if you're genuinely curious, no one or a review can single-handedly prove or debunk something. After seeing for myself, however, I would personally recommend them, though, for what it's worth. And for the record, I agree with everyone else on here saying that the guy's mannerisms are just classless.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

This company is a scam and uses the site to blackmail companies into paying them to supposedly turn bad reviews into a positive experience, what a joke! We had a competitor write a false review on Ripoff Report about our company. After the review was posted we received numerous emails and calls from companies that can help you take down the review for several thousands of dollars. Well guess what? You cannot take down a review and they cannot change what someone posted about your company.

I recently got a call from a anonymous number from someone who claimed to work for ripoff report and he offered to charge me $2500.00 to help me with the review someone had posted about my company. You cannot believe what people write about companies online. It is best that you do your due diligence on the company before you work with them. If other more reliable sites like Yelp have more positive reviews than negative ones then you might want to believe that they are a reliable and honest company.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I HAVE not had the experiences YOU are describing with Ed **. I can't help but notice that all of the other reviews are from small business owners. I have used RipOffReport.com for years. They review AND verify your complaint before posting. I have had my posting rejected, as they didn't feel they complied with their terms and conditions. I think what these people are experiencing is a perception problem. I know and can't use the religious organization, they say God, God, God and stab you in the back on Monday morning. Therefore, I stand up against these people in defense of RipOffReport as they have provided a very useful tool for me for years to research companies and their dirty dog dealing. Just like they say, I am honest. Prove it.

Every post I ever posted was true. I was scammed. Never got my money back. A few attorney generals went after and shut them down. So I feel that perhaps the people against RipOffReport, may be part of a chamber of commerce or other similar organization and got together and put all these anti-Ed ** statements out here. IF he is wanted by the FBI, please post a JPEG or indictment number or warrant number on your statements and replies to back up your postings.

I find RipOffReport to be a useful service and website. Since there is no justice anymore, ONLY for those who can afford big retainers, his site is a useful tool. Oh, and while we are discussing fees. Google and other search engines also charge to have your "stuff" removed. I would like to see reviews on the other ones. Keep your news fair and balanced. Keep your statements objective and balanced, otherwise my statement above holds. You are a small group of businessmen who got together and are trying to keep the little guy from having a voice.

RipOffReport.com Company Information