Fredericks of Hollywood

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Frederick's use to be my favorite store for bras. I have recommended several people to their stores and website UNTIL NOW!!! The bras I always get the quality has gone completely down and they are sizes smaller now like they are made in China. I returned all 3 bras after having to call customer service for 3 times for an RMA number. I finally got one and I talked to a woman who said she was the manager. I explained that I didn't have tags for 2 of the bras. Would this affect my refund. She said no. Well they received the items over 2 weeks ago and I haven't received a refund AT ALL. I have called customer service 5 TIMES and they are always looking into it.

Well today I was told I would be issued a store credit on the 2 bra's and refunded on the 1 in the package. AFTER ALL THIS the last thing I want is any of their stuff. They still proceeded to take 5.95 for shipping & handling off my refund when I said for the trouble I think they should waive that. They said no. I asked what they intend to do to compensate me for all my trouble and grief - basically nothing. They escalated my concerns I sure into the waste basket. THIS COMPANY I USE TO LOVE IS NOW GARBAGE AND THEIR PRODUCTS ARE NOT QUALITY ANYMORE AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE PEOPLE WORKING OUT OF THEIR HOMES WHO DON'T REALLY CARE. They just want you off the phone!!! I will no longer be a loyal customer and I will tell everyone don't bother.

I talked to a young lady called Sidney regarding my shipment. They gave it to USPS (although I paid for shipment) and USPS doesn't deliver it without any reason!!! Fredericks of Hollywood (Sidney - online support person) doesn't care to help to solve the problem. They have no problem charging on your credit card but no interest finding your package. Please do not shop on this site! They are the worst kind of people to deal with.

My husband had purchased me a gift card for Valentine's Day in late January early February in 2015. I am a very busy person and I have a lot of things going on I had forgot and misplaced my card late October 2015. I didn't call to see if my balance has decreased because I wasn't for sure about their policy and I still had $250 on there. I decided to wait till Black Friday to rack up and buy a bunch of things. They didn't have anything in my size so I wasn't able to get anything.

I then checked daily to see if my size was on on the website then in December of 2015 I checked my balance again still $250. I then called customer care to find out if they still carried my size and the style that I like. They told me that they were a new company and they could not honor my gift card. I had asked questions. I was confused because I get at least 10 emails a day and I have since I was 16. I'm 34 years old now. I never once seen that they were closing in any of the emails.

You're telling me I need to use my gift card within 30 days of them filing bankruptcy? They asked me for my gift card number and security ID that you have to scratch off the back so they can look the card up to help me out. They then got back on the phone and offered me a 10% discount. I would have to spend $2,500 to get back the money that was spent. I believe that is illegal. Since then I have called and spoke to shift lyrics. They tell me that the manager is going to call me. They know me by my name. They know my voice and I call once a week and I've never got a manager back.

I spoke to several different customer care workers and they all tell me that Frederick's of Hollywood sold gift cards and products to help bail them out knowing that they would not honor their gift cards. I then proceeded to tell them that was illegal. They had told me not in California. I then told the supervisor what they said and they claimed it was never said. Told the supervisor to check the recordings because they record everything and you supposed to get back with me and nothing. No call back. No nothing. I get several emails a day saying last hour for sale, extended sale 12-hour sale, sale, sale, sale, sale. But nothing about that they were closing down and you have a small frame of time to use their products. This was totally illegal. What judge would allow businesses to do this?

Oh I almost forgot. 1 of the biggest details after the first phone call and they told me they couldn't honor the gift card and I gave them the number and they get told me and help me out they would give me 10% off. I felt that was a little fishy so I called the gift card hotline again to see what my balance was. I then had $0.00. I called back to ask questions. They claim nothing was done with my card but I know I had money on there the whole time. My husband heard and a few other family members that was in my presence because I always put it on speakerphone. Heard my balance before. My balance after that is a disgrace. They should lose their business license. They stole.

I have a $50 gift card I received before April of 2015. Unfortunately I didn't order/buy anything. I went online to purchase something tonight and discovered that my gift card was no longer any good and instead I can receive 30% off my order. Even when I tried to do that it wouldn't let me. I'm completely dissatisfied with Frederick's of Hollywood. I use to love shopping with them. I didn't have to research very long to discover that the company has sold and since gone downhill. I thought it wasn't legal for gift cards to expire or become void? I will not be purchasing anything from them after reading all these complaints. I shouldn't have to spend my money to get a discount when I already have a gift card that's worth $50. Something is wrong here!

I have a gift card issued before April 2015 so because Fredericks of Hollywood is under new ownership, those are not being honored. They are offering 30% of instead, but I had close to $60 on my gift card and in order to get my money's worth, I'd have to spend $200. I feel that is ridiculous and really bad customer service. Not only that, I had called a week ago and was told I'd get a call back from a manager, but never did and had to call again. I will never order from them again and I hope they have to file bankruptcy also.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fredericks of Hollywood?

I placed an order back on January 31st of 2016, I kept checking the status of the order and all it said was that it had been sent for processing. It is today February 10th and I still have not gotten my order and it has not even been shipped. I called twice and all they said was that the order had not been shipped and they did not know why. I also emailed them 4 times. They replied back once. After they found out my frustration they started ignoring me. I placed a gift order for my girlfriend for Valentine's day which they ruined because I have not gotten anything and I can bet I won't get it at all. I placed an order from Victoria's Secret, the same exact date got free shipping and got my order within 3 days. This is extremely disappointing and not good customer service at all.

Before receiving my wrong order, it took two months to ship! Apparently, they forgot to ship it out. When I finally received my order, they sent me a completely different size other than what I purchased. I requested a shipping label and sent it back. Ok, it's been a month, no word on my shipment. I had to call Fredericks, and see what was going on. They gave a ridiculous story, and said it will take another month to process! I'm making my future purchases elsewhere.

After reading all these reviews, I'm surprised this company is still in business!

On Dec.16, 2015 I made an online purchase with Fredericks of Hollywood. I ordered 4 bras and was charged for 4 bras. However, when I received my items on Dec. 20, they had shorted me a bra. I called their customer service line and was told they would contact the warehouse to see what had happened and that someone would contact me later that same day to get things sorted out. I have been trying repeatedly since Dec. 21 via phone calls and their online customer support and have had absolutely no help whatsoever.

Today, Jan. 6, I tried to call one last time and left the customer service line a message to get in touch with me. I have no faith in them to do the right thing so, I've contacted my credit card company and turned it over to their fraud and dispute department. That's when I found out Fredericks did charge me the full amount. Thanks to my credit card company the situation has now been handled accordingly! I will never do business with this company again. They are HORRIBLE to deal with. They steal from their customers.

I placed an order with FOH on 11/13/15. It shipped on 11/23/15 and was supposed to be delivered on 11/30/15. Due to USPS complications the package was deemed "undeliverable" and was returned to sender, aka Fontana, CA (home of Fredericks). On 12/11/15 the returned package was "out for delivery". It is now 12/30/15 and I have NOT received a refund for my order, nor have I received my order. I have called customer service at least four times and am always on hold. Customer service is NOT helpful and if you are on hold for 10+ minutes you automatically are sent to their voicemail, which they do not check. This company is impossible to get a hold of and they will STEAL YOUR MONEY. DO NOT SHOP HERE. I am half tempted to file a fraudulent charge with my bank.

I received a $100 gift card Dec 2014. As of April 2015 Frederick's WILL NOT HONOR the card. But, they have been paid. I just found this out today 12/11/2015

All Frederick's stores are closed, you can only buy online but NOT if you got a gift card. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD. They will give a 30% discount so we have to pay MORE. My acct says I have $81.67 and Frederick's stole it! The balance inquiries is 800-242-5353. I want my money or merchandise.

I do not suggest buying from Fredericks of Hollywood. They send me a product with defects. I was sent a bra that had a crease going across the cup. I wore it a few times hoping it would straighten itself out, but it can be seen through everything I wear, even a sweatshirt! I contacted the company and told them the situation and it was on the 60th day. They dont guarantee their products and stand by them!!! I wouldnt suggest buying from Fredericks of Hollywood!!!

I have been a client of Frederick's since the 1990's. I have always been happy with the products and customer service. I ordered a few bra's online and one did not fit properly. I tried to request a RMA and what a joke! It has been 1 week and I cannot get anyone to contact me via website, email or phone. I put in 5 RMA request via website and nothing. I called twice and left voicemails with no response. Today I was finally about to get a RMA via the website but it does not have the address for returns anywhere on the website and or the RAM slip. The gal that I talked to today, first time able to talk to someone, gave me the address of: 17300 Slover Ave, Fontana, CA 92337 we will see. So frustrating!

Ordered from Fredericks about or on 10/20/2015, and paid for the extra money on shipping to receive my order within 4 to 5 days. And received tracking numbers for two orders. One was for FedEx and one for USPS. And neither of these companies can locate my tracking number. Well I Have continued to read complaints with the Better Business Bureau and can now see that I am being scammed by the company. And yes this isn't fair. Every complaint has been exactly the same.

I was having breast surgery and so my boyfriend got me $300 in gift cards from Fredericks. I went to use them and find that the cards are void, but can be used one time for 30% off. He and I are both livid. I have called, left messages, and (by the rudest customer service agents) told that there is nothing anyone can do. No manager will call me back. So, tomorrow, I will call corporate AFTER our attorney has his hands all over this.

Bought a FOH gift card recently? Yeah, me too. The website announced that they are "not able to honor" that gift card, based on the company going "bankrupt" as some point. A) They are open for business and making profit NOW, and B) I am not a creditor, and my purchase of a gift card is not a loan. Bankruptcy is not an acceptable excuse to tell me I am just out of luck and the cash I handed over to the cashier is just gone, into a hole (in someone's golden parachute). I am not the only one who has had this problem, FAR FROM IT. This is criminal, and there will be consequences, legal or otherwise.

I placed an order in early July, finally received it in the middle of August, after emailing to find out expected delivery date. Received the items, poor to moderate quality, none of which fit. Went to site to request return, button would not take me to return page. Emailed the company, twice, was sent a link for a return authorization, didn't work. Emailed 2 more times, told I would need to call to talk to a representative. I work long hours, Monday thru Friday, no chance to call. Their 30 day return limit had expired by the time I was told to call. Guess that was $150 wasted dollars.

I ordered two separate orders of $80 a piece in JULY. Weeks went by with nothing, no order number anything. I finally received an email saying they are having a problem with their online ordering and here's a coupon to amend it. Uh no thanks why would I order again? After two months I finally received like 3 of my items. Oh and when it did? They charged my card $50 and $25. I had already paid my $80 twice for my items then was charged another $75 for three things. That is stealing.

I call and get nothing, no answer. It's now almost October and they sent me an email saying they cannot fulfill the other items, "Here's another coupon $20 off $50". Yeah why would I buy anything there ever??? Not to mention ZERO refund and they stole an extra $76 from my account! This is wrong. Save yourself the trouble. Do not buy anything from them! I made this order in July. It's now almost October. I have $40 worth of $160 of merchandise I paid for, and they charged me an extra $75 so $235 for what? $40 of cheap looking underwear. I'm so angry!

I ordered a lingerie set. The set came with a shirt, pants and shorts. First of all it took a month for me to receive the set and after my order finally arrived I was so disappointed. My first disappointment was the way the item was packaged. It looked as if they balled the items up and threw them into a plastic bag then into a plastic shipping bag. That was so low class of such an old company. My next issue with the items I ordered was the quality. The quality of the material is so cheap, I literally could have went to Walmart, found the cheapest material possible and made these items by hand.

I will never order anything from Frederick's again. I had more respect for this company because they've been around for so long. It's a shame they don't value their products anymore. I called customer service to complain and asked for a refund. I was told to ship the item back and pay for the shipping. After the warehouse receives the item it will take about 60 days for my money to be refunded. Like really? It took you minutes to take the money off my card but two months to be refunded! I'm done!

If I could give 0 stars I would. I've placed about 3 orders so far and each and every order has been messed up. 1st order, I was charged but only received 2 out of 5 items. 2nd order, charged and received 3 out of 5 items. 3rd order, charged and received completely different item. I've called and emailed several times. I was told someone would contact me to get the item returned and receive a credit. 30 days later and no one has called. I called again and was told to email pics of the wrong item and I would be emailed a return label. I've emailed pic 3 separate times with not 1 response. I'm thinking I'll be better of selling this wrong item online considering if I do send it back I'll never get my credit. This is the WORST company I have ever dealt with for online orders and they have the absolute WORST customer service practices. I've filed complaint with Better Business Bureau as well as the Federal Trade Commission.

I've ordered 99.00 worth of merchandise from Fredericks of Hollywood. 40 on the 6 of September and 59 in June. I have never received anything. I've called and they just kept giving me dates on when my merchandise will arrive. Nothing never arrived. I've canceled my order that I've made in June and never received my money back. Someone should shut this site down.

I ordered something from Fredericks for my friend's bridal shower 1 week ahead of time in order to get it in a timely manner so that I would have it for her shower. I was never sent an email saying that it had been sent so I emailed to ask why no email with notification. They responded saying it would be sent today. Well that does not help me because now it will not be here on time. When I spoke to customer service rep which took hours to get ahold of anyone she said that it was shipped and nothing she could do. I told her that you could ship one out FedEx so that I would have it in time but she wouldn't do that. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they were all in a meeting?? Really!! She said they would call me when they got out of their meeting. Well guess what, never got a call. I tried to call again, was left on hold for 25 minutes then put into a voicemail. I will never do business with this company ever again!!

Purchased multiple items. Most were wrong products, what wasn't the wrong product, didn't fit. Called them. Emailed them. Left Voicemails. Facebook(ed) them. NOTHING. Not a reply, not a comment. Silence. Notice that NOWHERE on the web is the returns shipping address for this company. If you purchase a product you have to wait for THEM to approve your return and IF they choose to provide you an RMA number. They will choose to not send you any return information and they WILL KEEP YOUR MONEY. If you do manage to return the product, LOOK OUT, they will keep your money AND they will keep the products and sell them to another. I purchased items over 30 days ago, and the reason they have that policy is because if they don't contact you in 30 days they can claim to have never received your items.

My daughter's bridal shower is in 2 weeks. I looked all over for nice lingerie, so Fredericks came up. Just ordered from them a few hours ago. No confirmation no nothing, I have been on the phone holding for 2 hours. They finally email me back and give me a ticket number, they never made a change of my zip code. They have to be the worst. Also my money was taken out as soon as I pressed check out. But they have poor customer service. Last time ever. All I need to know is if my zip code was corrected and when the products are arriving. Finally called me back now, they told me they are holding my money and I don't have an order. They are rip offs. The order number is not an order number, it's a ticket number. I am so stressed out. They will hold my money but why if now I don't have an order. Please help, so stressed out.

I wish I had read the reviews before I ordered from them. I placed an order from them on July 15. It was processed and they received payment on July 21st. Two weeks later I hadn't received my products. I attempted to track the items (order shows complete on their website) only to find that it never left their warehouse. After numerous e-mails (only one that was answered) and several calls, the problem still hasn't been resolved. I have been given the same story every time I called.

I asked to speak to the warehouse and was told that was impossible. I asked to speak to someone higher than the call center supervisor and was told that was also not going to happen. I finally requested that I either receive a refund or that my items actually get shipped. I was informed that couldn't happen until the warehouse completed their investigation. Basically they took my money and aren't giving me what I ordered. I'm completely surprised by this. I have never had this problem with them before. I was super excited to order from them. I definitely won't be ordering from them again and I don't recommend that anyone else order from them either.

I ordered 10 items from Fredericks 2 months ago. A full month (and some change) after placing the order, 6 of my items arrived. I have still not received my missing items. When I called to ask I would get the same response from their customer service people "That will be in the mail in 3 business days". Clearly not true. They no longer seem able to answer the phone so now I am trying to get a refund by emailing them. I am so very disappointed. I loved shopping at this store and I loved their products. Since they have been purchased and are online only, the service is so awful I will not be shopping there anymore. It's sad.

I ordered 8 items on August 8, 2015. That Monday I waited for a shipping email and received nothing. Spoke to customer service on Tuesday and they stated my order was on Billing review and that department would contact me to verify my information and they weren't allowed to say anymore. I waited 2 weeks and heard nothing, even though I called 3 to 4 times and even asked to speak with billing. Finally on the 20 something I managed to speak with billing because they were covering for the call center and my order would be processed. They don't tell you if your items are no longer in stock, your order will be held indefinitely until they are! No email notification or notice.

I again had to call and ask. I asked to cancel the out of stock items and they said I had to cancel the order and place a whole new order. Imagine my surprise when the woman said I would have to pay full price for items I had originally purchased on clearance! I told her that was unacceptable and she left me on hold and eventually offered me 20% off the order. My items still took longer than anticipated to ship... and I only am able to get 3 of the 8! Just go to the retail location or somewhere else, they will go out of their way to hide the truth on what your order is doing and have no authority on the phone to even tell you anything!

I placed my order online on 8/6 and haven't received my order. It's now 8/24 and I still haven't received it nor have I received an email or response from Fredericks via online. I called them last week and they advised me that there is NO reason for it not to be sent as the items I ordered are available and just hasn't been shipped yet. I will NEVER spend my money in a Fredericks store again. This is absolutely ridiculous. NEVER HAVE I EVER RECEIVE SUCH ** SERVICE...

I bought from them, I never got anything. They just said that is USPS problem.

It's been exactly 2 weeks since I placed an order with them. My package hadn't even been shipped yet. It wasn't back ordered. I called to speak with them and all they gave me were excuses on how they switched shipping facilities and there's a delay. Don't bother shopping with them, according to everyone else, you'll never get your package. Thanks for ruining my bf's birthday!

I wish I had read these reviews before I gave them my money. Let me first clarify that I went in to my shopping experience excited to be buying from Frederick's again because I used to go to their stores all the time and LOVE their products. This is NOT the company I remember. They shipped only half of my order and I have not received a reply from their email regarding when the second half might ship. I asked if it was on back order because I'd happily find a replacement. No response. I've asked them to cancel the remainder of my order and refund me for that portion but I doubt that will happen. I hate to say this but don't bother with them anymore. This company is disorganized and dishonest about their product availability and will leave you wondering what happened to your money.

Fredericks of Hollywood Company Profile