1.07/5
Based on 125 reviews that contain star ratings

135 Fredericks of Hollywood Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 5, 2019

I had purchased some items in December 5 of them which 3 of them got returned and my account which I paid with I closed it. So now I am going back and forth with this idiots trying to get my money. They said, "We have to return it how you originally bought it. I explained it to them that mMy checking account is closed. "Send me a check or give me store credit." Since now it's April 5, 2019 they are escalating this to a higher management to get an approval to give me my money. Waw I am never going to purchase anything. This is BS. It not like I am asking them to give me their money. It's myyyy money....

Original review: April 1, 2019

NIGHTMARE EXPERIENCE! I placed a order for four items. When I received my order, I was missing one item (bra). I tried calling, but was on hold for over a half hour before they hung up on me. I sent an email, which they responded to and asked for additional information. I responded with the information. I then received a reply that the issue was being looked into and someone would contact me. It has now been over three weeks and I have not heard from anyone. I tried calling three times today. I was hung up on each time after waiting between 30 minutes and hour. I paid for a bra that I never received and no one will respond to emails or answer the phone!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Email sent today: "Hello, I have never seen a company more disorganized and difficult to get a hold of. This item was returned over two months ago and I have yet to receive my money back for any of the items. Your emails are indirect and do not answer clearly. Your phone lines are impossible to get a hold of anyone. I've been on hold on numerous occasions for over an hour. There shouldn't a phone number if there isn't anyone on the other end. All I want is my money back for the three bras I returned as they were not clear in their descriptions."

Original review: March 19, 2019

I placed an order for multiple items and when I got my order in it was missing an item and all of the lingerie was too small. I reached out to customer service via e-mail and they responded the next day and asked for additional information so they can look into it. I responded with all of the information and a few days go by and I hear nothing, so I resend the e-mail with all of the information.

A few more days go by and I hear nothing so I called the customer service department half an hour before they close. I was waiting to speak with someone for 45 minutes when all of a sudden I hear a message that I called after business hours and I have to call back and it hung up on me. I called again and I was told that they are unable to issue a refund, that they can reship the item or they can issue store credit. I don't want them to reship the item because everything else in my order the sizing was WAY off, but it was all clearance items so I wasn't able to return them, so I didn't want them to reship, I just wanted my money back.

They said their policy states they can not issue a refund, they can only reship or give store credit. Yet nowhere on their website does it say anything about ONLY issuing store credit, especially since it hasn't even been 30 days since my order. So they messed up and didn't send me my full order and I'm being punished for it. This is horrible customer service! I've been a long time customer of them and have placed a couple hundred dollars worth of orders in just the past month and this is how I'm treated! I will never order from them again. I am extremely disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I bought several products at the beginning of this month. 1 items was so small it wouldn't go over my head. I am 5'8" 137 lbs and this thing would have fit my cat! I ordered some stocking and they all came in as the wrong item. The last thing I ordered I didn't even try on because what was the point. I finally got through to customer service they sent me a new label because nothing was sent with this order. I sent everything back asap and see it was all del on the 11th of this month. I have yet to see my refund or be able to reach customer service. I have emailed and called. NOTHING! WORST SERVICE EVER!!! I remember this used to be the go to place and now it's crap!!! I plan on filing a complaint and reporting to the BBB. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE! SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fredericks of Hollywood?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

After reading a lot of negative reviews, I think the company was not that bad. I ordered 6 items online. 4 business days after placed the order, I received a refund for 1 items which was out of stock. I think it's fair. Then 2 business days after, I received another email to let me know that my order was shipped. The warehouse was in Los Angeles, and my place was 1-hour driving distance away. I received the package 2 business days after. So it took 8 business days since I placed the order online and finally received my package. The customer service was pretty good. All of the items I bought were on sale more than 60% off. So the price was around $10 to $20, for each item. The quality was ok with that on sale price. But I think the original price was way too high, because the quality was not that nice. I was happy with my purchase.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. None of the items I ordered were sized as the website described. Everything was too small. I sent my order back the way the return policy instructed. I was then issued a partial refund. When I finally reached customer service through email after multiple failed attempts over the phone, I was told we didn’t ship back all the products. I explained the woman nothing fit so the entire shipment was sent back. She continued to argue that’s not what they received. I said, "It’s kind of hard for me to prove your warehouse people made an error." She then said that my issue would have to go further up the chain to get resolved. That was 3 weeks ago. I have since sent multiple emails again and I now can’t get a reply. I will never purchase anything from this retailer again! Save your money! The items will not fit and you won’t be able to return them without a hassle!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I ordered items and paid for 2 day shipping. Fredericks charged my card and I have not received any type of confirmation for shipping or for the order. I have called them 4 times and no one answers or I get cut off. Just spoke to my credit card company and I have to file in writing a dispute which will take 60 to 90 days. I am furious and out a few hundred dollars. I had no idea this company was a fraud. Never thought to check their reviews as they have been around for years.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I Bought 6 items from the online store. I am 5'7" and 180lbs, 36D and I know my measurements. Their sizing chart doesn't match their lingerie at all. I could wear a large in some items perfectly but in other similar items they were way too small. Some items were not as pictured, like odd extra fabric that stuck out on the sides, loose fabric on the front of a full figured bra and the transparency of fabric were different than detailed pictures. NO EXCHANGES are made at Fredericks! What?! I will not order again from them.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

In an age of high performing companies this one defies the trend by operating badly and without concern for customers. I bought an item for my wife to be delivered in 4/6 days. 9 days later it’s not arrived and the tracking number does not work. I have emailed customer support (not correct terminology for these clowns) and have not received one reply. I guess I might receive the product I paid for but maybe I will not. Who knows? Certainly not Fredericks and they have no desire to help or communicate. Don’t buy from these bad business people. Instead put pins in your eyes. The experience will be much the same.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Wow so disappointed, I never thought to check complaints because they have been around for years. I use to receive the magazine and they use to be in malls so when I decided to place my order on 11/23 I never thought twice about it. I have yet to receive tracking and still no product in hand. I have called twice and waited for over 30 minutes without any answer. I have also emailed them twice and no response. Seriously Frederick's what a disappointment. Never would have thought I would have gotten scammed.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I ordered 3 items on 11/9/2018. When I did receive my package 2 weeks later it was someone else’s order in there. I sent an email immediately to them and I didn’t not hear back for over a week. When they did email back they asked me did I want a refund or my order and I said my order. They sent me a return label I mailed it back on the 25th. I sent an email yesterday asking about my order - still no reply. I am going to ask for a refund and go somewhere else.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Ordered 5 pieces from Fredericks. A bra set, a couple thongs and a garter belt. The items were wrong than what I ordered online. Returned back to them within 1 week using their pre-paid label. Dropped off at FedEX. 3 weeks out I never got a response that they received the package. TRIED to contact customer service. It was non-existent. No reply to emails and phone calls to the 844 number. Was on hold for 30 minutes and disconnected from their end before speaking with a representative. Never received refund on items that weren't even what I ordered. SCAM!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I've been waiting literally a year for them to get my favorite thongs in a color other than white and in a size other than small. Seriously Fredericks, restock your products or shut down your useless website!! I'VE NEVER BEEN SO DISGUSTED WITH A COMPANY IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I remember when Fredericks had great quality products. It was my go-to lingerie store but ever since they got out of the malls they have horrible quality products. Still, I have them one last shot at the end of June 2018. The items arrived and were substandard quality. I was issued a return slip, sent my products back, sent numerous email to check on the status of my return, and I AM STILL WAITING... in October 2018. I need my money back. It's not our problem you all can't get it together.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Man! This company has won the award for WORST customer service in my book. I am a huge fan of the company, but God forbid the website crashes or has a glitch in the middle of making your purchase! They will not help you with anything! They will just tell you that they are sorry and there’s nothing they can do, which is a complete and utter lie because I have worked in plenty warehouses and customer service jobs to know that every customer is valued and there’s always something you can do. The worst part is, I literally told the lady on the phone that I just wanted to change to two-day shipping and I would be more than happy to pay the difference but no! Mind you, it was within the same hour of making the purchase. Once you submit the payment it’s like you have sold your soul.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Purchased a couple of items for my partner. The website was very unclear. We thought we were buying the full set, not just the bras without bottoms. We returned the items and paid for shipping through the post office. FOH still deducted $19.95 from the sales amount. The company has awful customer service and worse business practices. I feel like I have been robbed. I will never shop at this store again.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Followed their policy with an RMA and used their return label. The items were returned on 6/26/18 and signed for via FedEx by RMELSSA. Their return policy says it will take up to 7 days (not business days). Emailed at 7 days, in 7/3. No response. Emailed on 7/10. No Response. And STILL no refund. Having to dispute now with my credit card company. What I thought used to be a reputable company has turned into low quality scammers. Beware.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I just wanted people to know that they are not dealing with the same quality Fredericks products they were used to in years past from the brick and mortar stores! I was a loyal Fredericks customer when the stores were opened. In my opinion, they had quality bras at a decent price. I decided to try the online since the products looked very similar to what they offered previously. I first ordered two bras in the same style... One in white and one in black. The bras I received were very poor quality and didn't even look like the pictures on the website. I promptly returned those and decided to try one more time. I again ordered two of the same style one in white and the other in black. This time the sizing was completely off! I am a 40DD and these bras looked like maybe a 36C!! It was so ridiculous. I ended up returning those as well.

As for the refund process, that is completely awful as well. It took almost three weeks for the refunds to appear back into my bank. I actually sent an e-mail to their customer service department inquiring about my two refunds. I received a "canned" answer saying that they will respond within 72 hours. I NEVER received any reply to any of my e-mails. I actually sent them twice. I will never do business with this company again. It's a shame that the original owners' reputation is being tarnished by this joke of a company that bought them!

Original review: June 19, 2018

I bought two bras for about $70, both didn’t fit so I printed their return label, sent them back only to find that I’m responsible to pay shipping. That is the original shipping of $9.95 and then the return shipping of $5.00. They make $15... you get nothing.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I ordered from what I thought was Fredericks of Hollywood. But then found out (after I ran into issues) that the company declared bankruptcy, and is now owned by Authentic Brands Group. Not knowing this, I ordered some items from their website, which were delivered fine. However after I decided not to keep some items, I ran into problems. First, their website can't seem to find my order, and thus I can't generate a return label. I then tried to call them numerous times over a time span of 6 days, and could never get past "we're helping other customers".

When, after spending long periods on hold many times, I elected to have them call me back from the cue, I did receive a call only to have a machine tell me no one was available to answer my call. I then decided to send an email to their customer care - which seems non-existent as well as no one ever replied. And thus now I am stuck with a bunch of stuff that doesn't fit, and am out of $$. I will never order from them again!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Order online and expect unrelenting daily SPAM not only to the email address provided but to the cellphone number. Outrageous violation of privacy. Ignores unsubscribe requests several time. Rely on email filter. Phone SMS harassment is more difficult since the firm seems to rotates sending numbers to evade blocking.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

On 11.26.2017, I ordered $190.50 worth of merchandise from FOH and received all the items within one week. Everything was fine except for two items: one of the bras was defective and the chemise size was mislabeled to the extent that there was an 8" gap where the zipper didn't meet [a tad too small - and the plastic material makes it inappropriate to use as an apron :)].

I immediately emailed the company about the bra, including a photo, explaining that I did not want to pay return shipping for a defective item. I received the typical auto-response that someone would contact me. A short while later, I attempted to try on the chemise, which was waaay too small - and this is using THEIR sizing chart. Again, I sent another email, plus a photo, an explanation, and the reason I didn't think I should have to pay return shipping. Got the auto-response reply, and then the wait began.

It is now 9-days and numerous calls to Customer Service later, and I still haven't spoken to a human - I have only received robocall responses claiming they're too busy to assist, but will contact me. They haven't. Tried to get a contact number for their headquarters, but every number I found on the Internet was disconnected.

Fortunately, I used a major credit card for this purchase. After speaking with a young woman in the Dispute Department, I won't be charged for these two items, although I will need to submit a Dispute Claim along with documentation of my many attempts to contact them. I chose this method over reporting them to our state's Attorney General because it's faster, and it will get FOH where it hurts - their profits. The company has been in business for so many decades that it never occurred to me to read reviews prior to my order. However, this will be my last. Why deal with this level of disappointment and frustration when uncomplicated purchases can be made on Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Wish, and numerous other sites.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I went online Black Friday weekend. Their website had a special for $20 bras, $3 panties and free shipping. I loaded up my cart and paid with Apple Pay and the company charged me for shipping!!! I’m not out the range, I’m in the same country, so when I go to email their customer service they give me the runaround several times giving me different excuses why I got charged with shipping. Not once did they say I was out of range, but they did try to lie and say that the special was over when I had placed it, when it was hours before midnight and their website was still advertising the special, their last minute emails were blasting my inbox.

So explain to me how did I get the sale items still and the shipping wasn’t honored, if supposedly the “special” was over!?? I write back to cancel my order and then they say I can’t cancel because it is in the warehouse, two days later I get an email saying it’s barely going to ship out! Why they couldn’t pull back the order... because they love to scam people out of their hard earned money! I WILL NEVER SHOP AT FREDERICKS OF HOLLYWOOD!!! No wonder it shut down in physical locations. The company is a disgrace and they need to be shut down entirely!!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

On October 22nd I received a Fredericks of Hollywood gift card from a friend because I just went through Breast Cancer reconstruction surgery. I was very excited to get my first bra ordered! I placed an order on Fredericks of Hollywood website and I purchased $50 worth of bras. All was going well until I got a package in the mail with someone else's order not mine. So for $50 I ended up with $16 worth of someone else's panties. Great. So I contact Customer service and I am sent a shipping label. I am told I do not have to ship it out yet just print out and activate the label and they will send my order.

Today is 11/10. I have reached out to Fredericks of Hollywood on numerous occasions and now they have just stopped replying to my emails. I was told to correspond through those email messages with the lady who sent me the shipping label. CRICKETS. They are just plain ignoring me now. I STILL do not have my original order. I do not know if I ever will see my original order. I am getting pissed off and fed up with their lack of communication and customer service.

Why is it now the 10th and I still do not have even a confirmation that my original order has shipped out? This is ridiculous. They should be ashamed of themselves. Not only that, but I feel like an idiot for not reading their reviews before I made my purchase. I have no idea how they are allowed to operate as a business. Seems to me they are in the business of ripping people off instead. I will never order again from Fredericks of Hollywood, even if I do end up getting my order because this is all just ridiculous. The order I received was for a lady in Oregon. I am in Texas. I mean what kind of incompetent people do they have working for them anyway?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I placed an order, 3 minutes EXACTLY after. Sent an email to cancel. Order arrived. Several days to respond to all emails. Refused to return the items. Weeks to respond. Their policy states to email within a 30 minute time frame. Which was done and provided documents. Horrible service. Go to Victoria secret. Never shop there. You are not a thought to them.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Order placed Friday, 8/11 with $20 extra paid for 2 days shipping. Called Wednesday, 8/16 and the lady assured me my order was shipped that day and would arrive by Friday (already a bit pissed as I now paid $20 for 4 days shipping but ok). Called Thursday, 8/17 when I still didn't get a tracking number and was told one of the items was on back order so if I wanted they could now ship the other items and they would arrive on Monday. No thanks, too late! Cancelled my order and requested a refund. And suggested they alert customers to delays/backorders/etc instead of just sitting around waiting for us to ask. Called today, 8/31 as refund has not arrived. GUESS WHAT??? They cancelled the order but did not issue a refund. What the crap is this? So now I have to wait while they enter a ticket to the billing department to hear back on when I'll get my money. Who operates like this?

Original review: May 8, 2017

I do not know how this company is still operating. Based on the reviews and my personal experience, they are THIEVES! I ordered about 5 pieces of lingerie totaling $160 in early March 2017, received the items and did not like any of them due to the fact they were made of incredibly cheap material and quite frankly I could go to Target and get better quality lingerie for half the price. I immediately sent my entire order back. I tracked my order via FedEx and once delivered a week went by before I contacted them due to no acknowledgement from them that my return was received. I was told that it takes up to a week to process and that was it.

Fast forward a month later I have emailed customer support 8 times about my order with ZERO response and NO REFUND. I am now filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and will try to dispute this with my bank. I have never seen a company that are such outright THIEVES!! How they are still in business blows my mind. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! If you need to return anything you are basically throwing your money out of the window!! I hope everyone that has experienced the same situation also files a claim with the BBB and let's shut this SCAM of a business down!!

Original review: April 18, 2017

I emailed with customer services as their website was having issues and none of their products were displaying. I overcame that hurdle to come across trying to pay with a gift card. They explained to me that their stores shut down and they are online only. That should not affect the value of a gift card. They replied stating if I have the gift card and could send in a picture with the barcode and a receipt. If they could not verify they would give me 50% off my order. The receipt ink is gone but the clerk had written the value on the card. I sent in picture of both front and back of card as requested. I have received no response back. That is money someone spent towards a gift for me and now they simply get to keep it. This company is committing fraud!! I cannot charge someone for a good and not give them something in return, that is called STEALING!!!

Original review: March 27, 2017

I bought about 5 pieces of merchandise from Fredericks over the 2016 Xmas holiday. I needed to return one item because of the size. So I wanted to either exchange for a larger item or full refund (the item had been on sale). I tried calling several times, no answer, no return call... Then finally I received an email a month later saying the item was torn! Of course, I'm pissed, because I hadn't returned a torn item. I simply wanted a refund or exchange for a larger size. They had the nerve to say they were giving me a courtesy store credit. Well, I don't want store credit because the item was not torn... And why would I purchase another item from a company that says I tore an item when I didn't.... What happens if I needed to make another return?

I was able to get a rep on the phone after calling for awhile. I asked for them to show me where the item was torn. The rep promised to call back with a resolution, but after several months later, guess what... She had not. This morning, I just happened to remember after over a month that she never did call back or leave a message. It's unfortunate, but I'm not going to waste any more time fighting with them... The item was $12. I usually don't write reviews, but seems they're in the habit of bad customer service... And I hope enough shoppers see this review to impact their bottom line. ** item #X70-1840.CMTB.L

Fredericks of Hollywood Company Information