1.07/5
  • 1 star
Based on 105 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Fredericks of Hollywood

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 15, 2018

115 Fredericks of Hollywood Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I ordered from what I thought was Fredericks of Hollywood. But then found out (after I ran into issues) that the company declared bankruptcy, and is now owned by Authentic Brands Group. Not knowing this, I ordered some items from their website, which were delivered fine. However after I decided not to keep some items, I ran into problems. First, their website can't seem to find my order, and thus I can't generate a return label. I then tried to call them numerous times over a time span of 6 days, and could never get past "we're helping other customers".

When, after spending long periods on hold many times, I elected to have them call me back from the cue, I did receive a call only to have a machine tell me no one was available to answer my call. I then decided to send an email to their customer care - which seems non-existent as well as no one ever replied. And thus now I am stuck with a bunch of stuff that doesn't fit, and am out of $$. I will never order from them again!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Order online and expect unrelenting daily SPAM not only to the email address provided but to the cellphone number. Outrageous violation of privacy. Ignores unsubscribe requests several time. Rely on email filter. Phone SMS harassment is more difficult since the firm seems to rotates sending numbers to evade blocking.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

On 11.26.2017, I ordered $190.50 worth of merchandise from FOH and received all the items within one week. Everything was fine except for two items: one of the bras was defective and the chemise size was mislabeled to the extent that there was an 8" gap where the zipper didn't meet [a tad too small - and the plastic material makes it inappropriate to use as an apron :)].

I immediately emailed the company about the bra, including a photo, explaining that I did not want to pay return shipping for a defective item. I received the typical auto-response that someone would contact me. A short while later, I attempted to try on the chemise, which was waaay too small - and this is using THEIR sizing chart. Again, I sent another email, plus a photo, an explanation, and the reason I didn't think I should have to pay return shipping. Got the auto-response reply, and then the wait began.

It is now 9-days and numerous calls to Customer Service later, and I still haven't spoken to a human - I have only received robocall responses claiming they're too busy to assist, but will contact me. They haven't. Tried to get a contact number for their headquarters, but every number I found on the Internet was disconnected.

Fortunately, I used a major credit card for this purchase. After speaking with a young woman in the Dispute Department, I won't be charged for these two items, although I will need to submit a Dispute Claim along with documentation of my many attempts to contact them. I chose this method over reporting them to our state's Attorney General because it's faster, and it will get FOH where it hurts - their profits. The company has been in business for so many decades that it never occurred to me to read reviews prior to my order. However, this will be my last. Why deal with this level of disappointment and frustration when uncomplicated purchases can be made on Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Wish, and numerous other sites.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I went online Black Friday weekend. Their website had a special for $20 bras, $3 panties and free shipping. I loaded up my cart and paid with Apple Pay and the company charged me for shipping!!! I’m not out the range, I’m in the same country, so when I go to email their customer service they give me the runaround several times giving me different excuses why I got charged with shipping. Not once did they say I was out of range, but they did try to lie and say that the special was over when I had placed it, when it was hours before midnight and their website was still advertising the special, their last minute emails were blasting my inbox.

So explain to me how did I get the sale items still and the shipping wasn’t honored, if supposedly the “special” was over!?? I write back to cancel my order and then they say I can’t cancel because it is in the warehouse, two days later I get an email saying it’s barely going to ship out! Why they couldn’t pull back the order... because they love to scam people out of their hard earned money! I WILL NEVER SHOP AT FREDERICKS OF HOLLYWOOD!!! No wonder it shut down in physical locations. The company is a disgrace and they need to be shut down entirely!!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

On October 22nd I received a Fredericks of Hollywood gift card from a friend because I just went through Breast Cancer reconstruction surgery. I was very excited to get my first bra ordered! I placed an order on Fredericks of Hollywood website and I purchased $50 worth of bras. All was going well until I got a package in the mail with someone else's order not mine. So for $50 I ended up with $16 worth of someone else's panties. Great. So I contact Customer service and I am sent a shipping label. I am told I do not have to ship it out yet just print out and activate the label and they will send my order.

Today is 11/10. I have reached out to Fredericks of Hollywood on numerous occasions and now they have just stopped replying to my emails. I was told to correspond through those email messages with the lady who sent me the shipping label. CRICKETS. They are just plain ignoring me now. I STILL do not have my original order. I do not know if I ever will see my original order. I am getting pissed off and fed up with their lack of communication and customer service.

Why is it now the 10th and I still do not have even a confirmation that my original order has shipped out? This is ridiculous. They should be ashamed of themselves. Not only that, but I feel like an idiot for not reading their reviews before I made my purchase. I have no idea how they are allowed to operate as a business. Seems to me they are in the business of ripping people off instead. I will never order again from Fredericks of Hollywood, even if I do end up getting my order because this is all just ridiculous. The order I received was for a lady in Oregon. I am in Texas. I mean what kind of incompetent people do they have working for them anyway?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fredericks of Hollywood?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I placed an order, 3 minutes EXACTLY after. Sent an email to cancel. Order arrived. Several days to respond to all emails. Refused to return the items. Weeks to respond. Their policy states to email within a 30 minute time frame. Which was done and provided documents. Horrible service. Go to Victoria secret. Never shop there. You are not a thought to them.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Order placed Friday, 8/11 with $20 extra paid for 2 days shipping. Called Wednesday, 8/16 and the lady assured me my order was shipped that day and would arrive by Friday (already a bit pissed as I now paid $20 for 4 days shipping but ok). Called Thursday, 8/17 when I still didn't get a tracking number and was told one of the items was on back order so if I wanted they could now ship the other items and they would arrive on Monday. No thanks, too late! Cancelled my order and requested a refund. And suggested they alert customers to delays/backorders/etc instead of just sitting around waiting for us to ask. Called today, 8/31 as refund has not arrived. GUESS WHAT??? They cancelled the order but did not issue a refund. What the crap is this? So now I have to wait while they enter a ticket to the billing department to hear back on when I'll get my money. Who operates like this?

Original review: May 8, 2017

I do not know how this company is still operating. Based on the reviews and my personal experience, they are THIEVES! I ordered about 5 pieces of lingerie totaling $160 in early March 2017, received the items and did not like any of them due to the fact they were made of incredibly cheap material and quite frankly I could go to Target and get better quality lingerie for half the price. I immediately sent my entire order back. I tracked my order via FedEx and once delivered a week went by before I contacted them due to no acknowledgement from them that my return was received. I was told that it takes up to a week to process and that was it.

Fast forward a month later I have emailed customer support 8 times about my order with ZERO response and NO REFUND. I am now filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and will try to dispute this with my bank. I have never seen a company that are such outright THIEVES!! How they are still in business blows my mind. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! If you need to return anything you are basically throwing your money out of the window!! I hope everyone that has experienced the same situation also files a claim with the BBB and let's shut this SCAM of a business down!!

Original review: April 18, 2017

I emailed with customer services as their website was having issues and none of their products were displaying. I overcame that hurdle to come across trying to pay with a gift card. They explained to me that their stores shut down and they are online only. That should not affect the value of a gift card. They replied stating if I have the gift card and could send in a picture with the barcode and a receipt. If they could not verify they would give me 50% off my order. The receipt ink is gone but the clerk had written the value on the card. I sent in picture of both front and back of card as requested. I have received no response back. That is money someone spent towards a gift for me and now they simply get to keep it. This company is committing fraud!! I cannot charge someone for a good and not give them something in return, that is called STEALING!!!

Original review: March 27, 2017

I bought about 5 pieces of merchandise from Fredericks over the 2016 Xmas holiday. I needed to return one item because of the size. So I wanted to either exchange for a larger item or full refund (the item had been on sale). I tried calling several times, no answer, no return call... Then finally I received an email a month later saying the item was torn! Of course, I'm pissed, because I hadn't returned a torn item. I simply wanted a refund or exchange for a larger size. They had the nerve to say they were giving me a courtesy store credit. Well, I don't want store credit because the item was not torn... And why would I purchase another item from a company that says I tore an item when I didn't.... What happens if I needed to make another return?

I was able to get a rep on the phone after calling for awhile. I asked for them to show me where the item was torn. The rep promised to call back with a resolution, but after several months later, guess what... She had not. This morning, I just happened to remember after over a month that she never did call back or leave a message. It's unfortunate, but I'm not going to waste any more time fighting with them... The item was $12. I usually don't write reviews, but seems they're in the habit of bad customer service... And I hope enough shoppers see this review to impact their bottom line. ** item #X70-1840.CMTB.L

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Very disappointed that Fredericks of Hollywood has become one of those online scammer companies like Rosegal! They have been around for years! Who would have thought they'd need to verify that they are a legit company? Well I sure didn't. I ordered some stuff back in Dec of 2016 and had to return two of the items. One was too small and the other fell apart as I took it out of the package. You have to go through a ridiculous process to return something. I paid for the shipping myself and did not use their label because I knew it would be cheaper. Well they took shipping fees out anyway. Then they sent me an email saying they were sending me a replacement item for the damaged item I received as a "one-time customer service gesture for the trouble". Makes it sound like they were providing awesome customer service and sending me a free item, doesn't it? Wrong! I knew that was too good to be true right when I read it!

They did not refund my money when I returned the damage item. They kept it. Which would have been fine if I wasn't under the impression I was returning it not exchanging it. Now I've been fighting with them to at least get my shipping fees back. Had to provide them with the tracking number and shipper information. Which I did and they just ignore that. I guess I'm lucky I only got scammed for a small amount of money and got an item I don't want for my "troubles", but it's the principle of it that makes you angry. They have terrible customer service and if you're smart you won't buy from them.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I have tried with no luck to receive a refund for items that I returned back on January 7th. I followed everything I was supposed to do and have yet to get a refund from them. I am beyond irritated and frustrated. I just want my money back. Doesn't seem like a hard thing to expect. Especially since they received my items.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Returned merchandise still NO refund check. It's been almost 5 months!!! September 8th, 2016 I returned a few items via 2 day USPS shipping back to Frederick's of Hollywood! I've spoken to a Stacy, Christina & Laura along with sent several emails as to when I could expect to receive my refund check! No supervisor or manager will ever come to the phone or call me back. Frederick's of Hollywood gives me the same answer every single time I've contacted them. My refund check is still be processed by the accounting department and they will email me soon with the expected date the refund check will be mailed out! Today is January 30, 2017, I still have NOT received my refund check!!! My refund check should be a little over $100+ dollars yet, there is no compassion or concern on Frederick's of Hollywood part. I feel disposable and disregarded by the lack of dishonesty that I've been given by Frederick's of Hollywood! This is ridiculous!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Well, I placed my order 01/06/17, rec'd my product yesterday 01/17/17. I originally called cause my local store had closed and I wanted to try on something. I was NOT on hold longer than 3 minutes. Customer service was excellent... Yesterday I read all of the horrible reviews and got scared.. So I called again. This time I was on hold for a little over 5 minutes. I started to get leery but kept the faith. Woman came on phone and told me that my product had arrived yesterday at 1:19pm. Hmmmm I wonder why all the bad reviews. I understand the gift card situation which really sucks for you all. But other than that I was satisfied. Now I shall return after a couple days on the quality of the product.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I made the mistake of ordering several pieces online again after having a different bad experience a few years ago. The materials are very cheap. The stockings don't stay up and are scratchy. The sizes are very inconsistent. Find another source.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

These people are horrible. I was buying my gf a birthday present and I paid for expedited shipping 4 days ago and still have not received a tracking number or anything. I've called and sent multiple emails. DON'T SHOP HERE. THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

Enticed by Christmas sales, I decided to buy quite a few of my old favorite FOH bra Extreme Cleavage! I now live in a small town with no FOH nearby; leaving me to purchase online. Was so excited to receive my packages that I opened immediately. Wow... what a disappointment! What happened to the quality of FOH bras?! These were always my go-to bras and I've recommended them to countless women... that is until now! Material feels different/cheaper. Cup size feels smaller as its cutting and bra just isn't like I'd remembered. Did they outsource where bras are manufactured? Did company change ownership? Quality is definitely lacking in the new product!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I used to order from Fredericks of Hollywood on a consistent basis, now I remember why I stopped ordering from them for good. You order something, it doesn't fit, then there is no way to return the item and get your money back. Phone calls and emails get ignored... They are thieves that steal from people and could not care less about leaving you unsatisfied. Their products are not true to size and this is hands down the worst customer service I have ever received. No response to calls or emails... I hope they go out of business. Disgusting. Save yourself the trouble and shop at Bare Necessities... They are a family owned business and will treat you well.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

One is wearable but the bra cups are too small even though I ordered a large. I sew. I should know what size to order. The cup size was a B. That is a medium for certain. There is one piece that appeared in the ad to have cups. Nope. Just a chemise, not a baby doll. Finally, the last piece I ordered, I will have to take apart and put back together so that I can wear it. It has multiple pieces and they were sewn together incorrectly. Since these were sale items and I did not keep the packaging, I cannot return them. So, moral of this story is, order from Fredericks in the store, not online. I do not have the receipt, only the shipping package receipt.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Frederick's use to be my favorite store for bras. I have recommended several people to their stores and website UNTIL NOW!!! The bras I always get the quality has gone completely down and they are sizes smaller now like they are made in China. I returned all 3 bras after having to call customer service for 3 times for an RMA number. I finally got one and I talked to a woman who said she was the manager. I explained that I didn't have tags for 2 of the bras. Would this affect my refund. She said no. Well they received the items over 2 weeks ago and I haven't received a refund AT ALL. I have called customer service 5 TIMES and they are always looking into it.

Well today I was told I would be issued a store credit on the 2 bra's and refunded on the 1 in the package. AFTER ALL THIS the last thing I want is any of their stuff. They still proceeded to take 5.95 for shipping & handling off my refund when I said for the trouble I think they should waive that. They said no. I asked what they intend to do to compensate me for all my trouble and grief - basically nothing. They escalated my concerns I sure into the waste basket. THIS COMPANY I USE TO LOVE IS NOW GARBAGE AND THEIR PRODUCTS ARE NOT QUALITY ANYMORE AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE PEOPLE WORKING OUT OF THEIR HOMES WHO DON'T REALLY CARE. They just want you off the phone!!! I will no longer be a loyal customer and I will tell everyone don't bother.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

I talked to a young lady called Sidney regarding my shipment. They gave it to USPS (although I paid for shipment) and USPS doesn't deliver it without any reason!!! Fredericks of Hollywood (Sidney - online support person) doesn't care to help to solve the problem. They have no problem charging on your credit card but no interest finding your package. Please do not shop on this site! They are the worst kind of people to deal with.

Original review: July 5, 2016

My husband had purchased me a gift card for Valentine's Day in late January early February in 2015. I am a very busy person and I have a lot of things going on I had forgot and misplaced my card late October 2015. I didn't call to see if my balance has decreased because I wasn't for sure about their policy and I still had $250 on there. I decided to wait till Black Friday to rack up and buy a bunch of things. They didn't have anything in my size so I wasn't able to get anything.

I then checked daily to see if my size was on on the website then in December of 2015 I checked my balance again still $250. I then called customer care to find out if they still carried my size and the style that I like. They told me that they were a new company and they could not honor my gift card. I had asked questions. I was confused because I get at least 10 emails a day and I have since I was 16. I'm 34 years old now. I never once seen that they were closing in any of the emails.

You're telling me I need to use my gift card within 30 days of them filing bankruptcy? They asked me for my gift card number and security ID that you have to scratch off the back so they can look the card up to help me out. They then got back on the phone and offered me a 10% discount. I would have to spend $2,500 to get back the money that was spent. I believe that is illegal. Since then I have called and spoke to shift lyrics. They tell me that the manager is going to call me. They know me by my name. They know my voice and I call once a week and I've never got a manager back.

I spoke to several different customer care workers and they all tell me that Frederick's of Hollywood sold gift cards and products to help bail them out knowing that they would not honor their gift cards. I then proceeded to tell them that was illegal. They had told me not in California. I then told the supervisor what they said and they claimed it was never said. Told the supervisor to check the recordings because they record everything and you supposed to get back with me and nothing. No call back. No nothing. I get several emails a day saying last hour for sale, extended sale 12-hour sale, sale, sale, sale, sale. But nothing about that they were closing down and you have a small frame of time to use their products. This was totally illegal. What judge would allow businesses to do this?

Oh I almost forgot. 1 of the biggest details after the first phone call and they told me they couldn't honor the gift card and I gave them the number and they get told me and help me out they would give me 10% off. I felt that was a little fishy so I called the gift card hotline again to see what my balance was. I then had $0.00. I called back to ask questions. They claim nothing was done with my card but I know I had money on there the whole time. My husband heard and a few other family members that was in my presence because I always put it on speakerphone. Heard my balance before. My balance after that is a disgrace. They should lose their business license. They stole.

Original review: March 9, 2016

I have a $50 gift card I received before April of 2015. Unfortunately I didn't order/buy anything. I went online to purchase something tonight and discovered that my gift card was no longer any good and instead I can receive 30% off my order. Even when I tried to do that it wouldn't let me. I'm completely dissatisfied with Frederick's of Hollywood. I use to love shopping with them. I didn't have to research very long to discover that the company has sold and since gone downhill. I thought it wasn't legal for gift cards to expire or become void? I will not be purchasing anything from them after reading all these complaints. I shouldn't have to spend my money to get a discount when I already have a gift card that's worth $50. Something is wrong here!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

I have a gift card issued before April 2015 so because Fredericks of Hollywood is under new ownership, those are not being honored. They are offering 30% of instead, but I had close to $60 on my gift card and in order to get my money's worth, I'd have to spend $200. I feel that is ridiculous and really bad customer service. Not only that, I had called a week ago and was told I'd get a call back from a manager, but never did and had to call again. I will never order from them again and I hope they have to file bankruptcy also.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2016

I placed an order back on January 31st of 2016, I kept checking the status of the order and all it said was that it had been sent for processing. It is today February 10th and I still have not gotten my order and it has not even been shipped. I called twice and all they said was that the order had not been shipped and they did not know why. I also emailed them 4 times. They replied back once. After they found out my frustration they started ignoring me. I placed a gift order for my girlfriend for Valentine's day which they ruined because I have not gotten anything and I can bet I won't get it at all. I placed an order from Victoria's Secret, the same exact date got free shipping and got my order within 3 days. This is extremely disappointing and not good customer service at all.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016
Before receiving my wrong order, it took two months to ship! Apparently, they forgot to ship it out. When I finally received my order, they sent me a completely different size other than what I purchased. I requested a shipping label and sent it back. Ok, it's been a month, no word on my shipment. I had to call Fredericks, and see what was going on. They gave a ridiculous story, and said it will take another month to process! I'm making my future purchases elsewhere.

After reading all these reviews, I'm surprised this company is still in business!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

On Dec.16, 2015 I made an online purchase with Fredericks of Hollywood. I ordered 4 bras and was charged for 4 bras. However, when I received my items on Dec. 20, they had shorted me a bra. I called their customer service line and was told they would contact the warehouse to see what had happened and that someone would contact me later that same day to get things sorted out. I have been trying repeatedly since Dec. 21 via phone calls and their online customer support and have had absolutely no help whatsoever.

Today, Jan. 6, I tried to call one last time and left the customer service line a message to get in touch with me. I have no faith in them to do the right thing so, I've contacted my credit card company and turned it over to their fraud and dispute department. That's when I found out Fredericks did charge me the full amount. Thanks to my credit card company the situation has now been handled accordingly! I will never do business with this company again. They are HORRIBLE to deal with. They steal from their customers.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2015

I placed an order with FOH on 11/13/15. It shipped on 11/23/15 and was supposed to be delivered on 11/30/15. Due to USPS complications the package was deemed "undeliverable" and was returned to sender, aka Fontana, CA (home of Fredericks). On 12/11/15 the returned package was "out for delivery". It is now 12/30/15 and I have NOT received a refund for my order, nor have I received my order. I have called customer service at least four times and am always on hold. Customer service is NOT helpful and if you are on hold for 10+ minutes you automatically are sent to their voicemail, which they do not check. This company is impossible to get a hold of and they will STEAL YOUR MONEY. DO NOT SHOP HERE. I am half tempted to file a fraudulent charge with my bank.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2015
I received a $100 gift card Dec 2014. As of April 2015 Frederick's WILL NOT HONOR the card. But, they have been paid. I just found this out today 12/11/2015

All Frederick's stores are closed, you can only buy online but NOT if you got a gift card. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD. They will give a 30% discount so we have to pay MORE. My acct says I have $81.67 and Frederick's stole it! The balance inquiries is 800-242-5353. I want my money or merchandise.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

I do not suggest buying from Fredericks of Hollywood. They send me a product with defects. I was sent a bra that had a crease going across the cup. I wore it a few times hoping it would straighten itself out, but it can be seen through everything I wear, even a sweatshirt! I contacted the company and told them the situation and it was on the 60th day. They dont guarantee their products and stand by them!!! I wouldnt suggest buying from Fredericks of Hollywood!!!

Fredericks of Hollywood Company Information

www.fredericks.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use