2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.34/5

Take a Moving Companies Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Mayflower is a moving company that specializes in full-service moves. The company has a network of agents across the country. Mayflower only provides quotes after performing an in-home inspection. Additional services include house cleaning, auto transport and furniture assembly and disassembly.

Take a Moving Companies Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Mayflower Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mayflower?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mayflower?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My daughter and son-in-law moved from East, TN to El Paso, TX in late December. Household goods were over 10 days past anticipated delivery date. Once received, almost every piece of furniture was damaged! Huge chunks broken from wood desk, large gouges in sofa (was in perfect condition), scratched and banged up coffee table (also in perfect condition prior to move). Boxes had obviously been thrown with total disregard to contents. Marking something "FRAGILE GLASS" was an invitation for these IDIOTS to deliver it with nearly ALL contents broken. Still waiting on response for the claim. If you value your belongings at all, DO NOT use Mayflower! This company DOES NOT care about your property!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have made a number of moves over the past 50+ years and my recent move from Florida to Ohio was, by far, the most unprofessional regarding the packing of household goods. The packing personnel must have been hired off the streets. I had an antique clock totally destroyed because the packers stuffed heavy paper inside and actually broke the clock from the housing. The packers boxed items from one room to the contents of other rooms. (This occurred a number of times.) Several glass picture frames arrived without any glass. A number of small items never arrived at destination. SUGGESTION: Hire your own professional packers or do it yourself but DO NOT use Mayflower personnel.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

First Mayflower quote us a price around $1,800. We moved to Florida from Minnesota. So they said that it would be there following Thursday. Just because we signed and bought the house on December 5th which was on a Tuesday. So we thought it would be only two days without our furniture. Well it didn’t come on Thursday. We called the next day and they said they don’t drive on the weekend! Really! Again we waited the following week and no phone call from them. We called and they said it will cost more money so we gave them another $2,000. A week went by and still no furniture. We called again. They want another $5,000!!! We told them to keep the furniture. Oh they said, "We don’t want your furniture." We finally negotiated an $2,000. We finally going to get our furniture. It took two weeks and $4,000 later! I strongly not to get Mayflower!!! We are in pursuing a complaint against them!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Many missing items. Put in a claim form but have not heard back in almost 2 months. Only way I would used them again is to check off boxes as they left and check off boxes as they came. Many more hours of work. Not a satisfied customer.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Long distance from Boca Raton to Lansing MI. Richard ** at Treasure Cost my Estimator Excellent! Jimmy ** at Treasure Coast Moving and Storage my Coordinator - Excellent -- My Driver/Mover - Richard ** Excellent (If you're lucky enough to get him - DO IT) His Associate/Helper also named Richard - Excellent. Couple movers to help in Boca were also both very nice and hard workers. Oh and Mark who helped Richard ** pack my photos and mirrors before moving day thank you.

I read the reviews on this company and they were not good - and actually I was very hesitant and was going to go with another company. And I was actually quite mean on the phone and for some reason I decided to apologize for my mouth to Richard ** and we did the contract! Now the other company were nice too but they charge by the cubic feet and not really a good idea because everyone packs differently so you will NOT be offered a binding contract. Was Mayflower slightly higher - yes - by much NO! So go by the weight and you can ask for a certificate of weight to see if under and then you will get some money back but if weight is more than what is written it's binding so it's ON THEM.

(Hint: One move I actually had the driver say in order to keep moving forward with my furniture on truck I had to pay another 850.00 because weight was over and he wouldn't be able to get through the weigh stations if numbers didn't match. DON'T FALL FOR THIS IF BINDING IT'S BINDING unless you added more items to be transported not in the original estimate.) Continuing: My very expensive floors in Boca were protected and actually they went above and beyond making sure stairs, rails, walls EVERYTHING was protected. I have moved a lot and most of the time I have to "tell them" please pad this or that - nope not my Mayflower guys.

So very very hot on moving day in Boca and very cold in Lansing MI. Actually had to cancel the actual moving day due to weather but even I didn't want my furniture moved when icy outside. How long did it take to get my furniture maybe 13 days. So in closing - everything went perfect - and yes you actually get a piece of paper and you check off every box/piece of furniture. Then afterwards you sit down and if you didn't check off a couple numbers you can say "28" and in my case Richard would say "that's the mattress" oh yea! :) So to my crew from the beginning to end - I THANK YOU VERY MUCH. YOU GET 10 STARS.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Full of lies. It appears this company is a broker. I had to threaten a lawsuit to get customer service to give me the name of who moved us. They did not deliver all the goods but demanded payment in full or they would leave. I have been sleeping on the floor. Imagine, a Vietnam era vet sleeping on the floor on Thanksgiving because these people do not even try to fulfill their promises. DO NOT, DO NOT EVER USE THIS SHELL COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I booked Mayflower a little over a month ago for my move from New Jersey to Dallas. The company seemed fine in the beginning, they gave me a 10 day delivery window and even though that seemed long it was policy so I planned appropriately. Now since I had to start work I drove down to Texas with any items I can fit in my car, air mattress, some clothes and my dogs. I find out today that my items will not be delivered on time and will not get to me until the earliest next week. This is insane, we pay for something to be performed on the time calculated in the contract and they just tell you, "Sorry nothing we can do." I even asked to have my items picked up by another company so I will have them by this weekend and I was told that would double my price. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY, THEY DONT UPHOLD THEIR PART OF THE CONTRACT. If I could review them no stars I would.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We moved cross country in 2015. This “professional” company sent an older man (late 60’s) and two high school kids on summer break to unload! The kids unloaded the truck as the old man inventoried our household goods. Our months old leather sofa was unloaded in the rain, staining the hell out of it, even though we asked them not to deliver in the rain. They used the cushions, unwrapped, to stuff in between box towers, so they were filthy! The poor 2 young boys were exhausted from unloading into our three story house and started dropping and breaking things around hour 7. We filed our complaint and have been going through arbitration... To this day!

These thieves take ZERO responsibility! We just asked to have the cushions recovered, but mountains of legalese paperwork and hours of research and photos, they are still giving us the list of all the things WE did wrong!!! They initially tried to shut us up with a small check, that didn’t even begin to repay us for all the damage... Not enough to pay to recover the cushions, nevermind the crushed sofa frame, the antique mirror, my deceased mother in law's broken China, my hand carved side table, etc. It was like we just hired strangers off of Craigslist, and didn’t pay over $7000 for a service we sure as hell didn’t receive!!! Find someone else to move you. This company promise the moon and delivers your broken, filthy, stained and just calls it a day.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Contracted this company to move me from NJ to VA. LOADING went well on Friday, took 4.5 hours; packed my belongings well, protected my 'high-value items listed', of which I paid extra in insurance, extremely carefully. Was told DELIVERY would be Monday. Received a call from company on Saturday, cancelling delivery, "family emergency with driver". Called driver (he'd given me his cell), was told he had a argument with the company, trying to screw him over, they fired him, forced him to remove my belongings from the truck. No delivery Monday, but told to expect delivery Tuesday at 12:30pm. A crew of ONE showed up, with a tiny young woman and their FOURTEEN YEAR OLD SON, to OFF-LOAD 7000 lbs!! I had to help carry boxes and furniture, myself, for HOURS!! I'm 62 yrs old!

Many boxes labeled FRAGILE were crushed, many boxes had no labels, many labels didn't match the inventory list. It took EIGHT HOURS because they didn't send a proper or LEGAL crew. A 14 year old is NOT a professional mover. His mom couldn't carry anything of any weight. The company has refused to respond to any of my emails, voice messages, Better Business Bureau or Business Consumer Alliance, to answer the complaint. My credit card company is fighting for a refund for me, all they do is say "No refund". Period. Do NOT use these people. They are scammers!! They are cheats!! They don't care about their customers because they think they'll always get more!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We had used Mayflower service in the past 22 years. Because of our jobs we moved 14 times. Most were covered by our employer. Howerer, the last three were paid by us. To start the communication from our estimater was basically nonexistent. We would have to call 5 or 6 times before we could speak to him. Second our coordinator wasn't much better. The home we were to move into had black mold we walked away from. We contacted mayflower to hold the move in TN until they heard from us. That was on deaf ears. Not only DID they ship but the delivery was 4 days prior to our original delivery date.

Unable to take delivery the portion of our furniture was put into storage. They only shipped a portion of our things. Third they started a week before our actual delivery`to demand. Payment received 3 days prior to delivery $ 23,000.00 + storage and shipping. Finally received our first shipment from storage. What a disaster. Each every carton was smashed. Expensive tool boxes we broked into as well as damaged cartons opened and pilfered and resealed. Missing cartons expensive tools gone real train wreck.

To top it all off everything was dismantled - parts missing, legs taken off, tables ending up with 3 instead of 4, the smallest things taken apart. Parts box nonexistent. Left parts here and there. Not one thing reassembled. Furniture destroyed. It's like we paid $23k to have our things destroyed. We luckily (I hope!) took out full coverage on damages. Wait to see what happens next.

Mayflower Company Information