2.30/5

Need a mold removal company?

Paul Davis

Need a mold removal company?

43 Paul Davis Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 28, 2019

I had a terrible experience to repair basement with water. They told me by phone will be no more than 2,500. It went up to 5,000 and overcharge weekend. They told me 30% more then it was way too more. They did a poor quality job and when asked the estimated repair cost took them three days to give me an overprice charges with the justification they have insurance prices, however, I do not believe insurance overpay them. My friends and neighbors are the witness of the expensive bad service and poor quality, that it is not only my opinion but from other that they help me to evaluate the job done for the price billed. To avoid issues with this company I desk with another one and best prices quality and was able to manage the insurance refund of the total liability. Again avoid this company for you better experience.

Original review: May 2, 2019

If I could pick "zero" as a rating, I would. We had a fire at our rental property. Property is 100 miles round trip from our home. Representative from Paul Davis set an appointment time to look at the damage and never showed up. We called him to find out where he was and he sent a "text" back saying he was in a meeting. We traveled an hour to get to our property only to wait all day for a call back that we never got. The next morning, Paul Davis just shows up. We didn't want to deal with a company that can't even get their appointment dates correct or return calls, and asked him to leave the premises. We ended up with a wonderful Family owned restoration company that not only confirmed their appointment with us, but also showed up exactly when he said. Buyer Beware... I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Mold Removal and Remediation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I've been a pastor for over 50 years and I've never done business with a company that did such poor job as a service company. First, they are unfairly high in their charges. When I chose to use a less expensive competitor I was met with resentment and they made me pay for it later. Second, it is obvious to me that their main interest is not to provide service.

Squeezing the customer's dollar is more important than providing service to the customer. Third, they didn't properly file with my insurance company and that resulted in a $570.18 penalty out of my pocket. When they billed me for that amount I refused to pay and they threatened to turn me over to a collection atency. I wasn't worried that they could hurt my good credit standing so I ignored their threats. Finally they put a lien on my house. My next step would have to be small claims court but I did not want to waste any more cash on the job so I paid those unfair charges. Paul Davis, Inc. doesn't deserve your business. Buyer Beware!

Original review: April 22, 2019

Flooded rec room issue. Company representative claimed damage caused by backed up drainage pipe. A complete fabrication. Water came in through the concrete block. Representative reported carpet in basement was wall to wall with underpad. It was a throw rug with no underpad. I had folded up the throw rug as it was soaked with water. The small size of the folded rug would have been an obvious giveaway that the rug was a throw rug without underpad. The Company was given tile to test for asbestos. Was never tested. This is a serious concern as the tiling has come up from the concrete floor. Their negligence is potentially harmful to homeowners health. Lack of transparency and honesty indicates a company that is dangerous to customers health. Do not use this company!!!

Original review: April 15, 2019

We had an electrical fire in our 600 sq ft garage almost 3 years ago. Paul Davis quoted us $12,000 and a 1 month timeline to complete the repairs. $28,000 in repair costs and an additional $12,000 in storage costs later and the project is still not complete. We are on our 5th project manager, most of the others were fired by the company. At this time there is still no plan or estimated date of completion. It appears they did not pull all the required permits for the work they did. The work that has been done is rushed and shoddy. They got stucco all over our artificial turf and the tiled patio which must be replaced. Wells Fargo used to have the worst ranked customer service experience in my life. Congratulations Paul Davis on taking the #1 spot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paul Davis?

Original review: March 13, 2019

House fire on June 9th 2018. Paul Davis representative was at the fire. Apparently he spends his afternoon listening to the scanner. Before the fire was out he approached us about restoration. Having never made a homeowner’s claim in over 50 years of homeownership the man from Paul Davis made it sound like we needed his help. Worst decision I ever made using Paul Davis. They were all about the money. Did not care about our personal items. Saved items that should have been deemed a loss. Paul Davis of St. Paul MN. with owner Caleb ** is total scam. Be careful!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

The last of September we had a slab week. The plumber. And out and quoted us two estimates. One for just a repair and two to do a repair because he said these types of leaks are reoccurring if not the pipes aren’t repiped. My insurance agency paid for the repair. They came out and did a half decent job with unfinished work. They did not put my fuo back in place, unplugged electronics, did not plug them back up in our in place, removed all my smoke alarms, did not put them back in place. Wires were just hanging from the ceiling. Moved my toilet to put vinyl down and did not secure it back to the floor.

Every time I sit to use the toilet it shakes and moves from one side to the next. I have paint drippings in both my bath tubs. Came home one day and in my second bathroom they were storing paint on the shower curtain which was laid inside the tub. I assume he curtain got covered in paint because it “disappeared”. They never finish my floors and on Thanksgiving Day the leak was back. This time my insurance agency decided to do the route. They just came out three weeks ago to look at the damages, get measurements and have me pick out flooring. They said I would hear from them at the end of the week. It’s going on week three and I have not heard ANYTHING!! Yet, my floor and carpet is torn up. Here it is almost February and they had been called since November.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We had a toilet replaced from a large corporation 2 years ago. They installed it wrong. Thus, they hired Paul Davis Restoration who came in December, 2017 and removed molded flooring in kitchen, bath, and laundry room. In November, 2018 not one year later, the flooring has indented pockets forming on our floors. We called Paul Davis Restoration who came out and said we needed 2 joists installed at a cost of $2,000. Why did they not install these, that were never there before or replace the ones that were there, when the large corporation was paying for it??? We intend on looking into legal advice!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

We had a chimney fire on October 1, 2018. The firemen came and got the fire out. Our house was full of water and smoke. We called Paul Davis Company to let us know what to do. When they first showed up they told us what they could do to put things together, they took over and lead us through step by step. They had all of our belongings out of our smokey house in a week. Our house is now ready for reconstruction. The people from Paul Davis are very nice. They communicate with us through email or phone call on updates. I highly recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Originally we looked forward to working with this company because they were approved by our Insurance Company. We had extensive water damage due to an ice maker leak. At first they came out on time and did the mitigation in a timely manner. This took approximately 10-14 days - as they said it would. After that it went downhill. They had our floors and kitchen cabinets ripped up and did not bother to schedule contractor to come out and get the job started. About 4 weeks after the mitigation process started I finally asked when we would be able to get started on the restoration and was told it would be about 3 weeks.

I accepted this even though I was thinking that this should have been scheduled during the first week because they knew how long (or approximately how long) mitigation would take. 3 weeks later the project manager tells me that they have not scheduled anyone to come out and it would be another 3 weeks. I don't mind telling you that I lost it at that point and decided I could do a better job getting contractors out to my house than they could. Needless to say that they had a contractor out the next business day. This contractor was wonderful. He and his team did good work and did it in a timely manner. Then comes time to get the plumbing hooked back up.

Keep in mind that we are now almost FIVE months later (including the initial 6 weeks delay). The plumber is scheduled to come out two days in advance with my husband taking off work ALL DAY to be at the house so they could get the work done. At 4:30 they haven't come and we are told that the plumber would be out late. Come to find out they aren't coming at all and MIGHT be there the next day. Paul Davis does not have their Project Manager's following up with the people they have scheduled. It is terrible customer service and they sure will not be paying my husband’s pay off work to wait at home for them all day. I would NEVER use this company as a project management resource again. An individual could do the same job and it would take less time and cost less money.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

In May of 2018, we experienced an electrical fire in our home. I was 9 months pregnant with our first child (I was at the hospital for a checkup and non-stress test when I got the call that our house was on fire), and absolutely overwhelmed by the damage to our home - the PECO panel had been removed, so the house was without electricity, the entire first floor reeked of a strange smoke that burned my lungs and eyes, I wasn’t sure where my dogs and cats were... suddenly, someone appeared, who the firefighters assured me would take care of all of our problems. He quickly called someone out who secured our broken-in front door and tarped off the hole in the side of our house, he took us and our pets to a motel to spend the night, he promised us that we’d be back in our home and as good as new in 6 weeks.

Four and a half months later, we’re finally back in our home. The electronics and textiles cleaning company that Paul Davis subcontracted to (CDRN) stole 2 of our PlayStation 4s. They can't find a signed football jersey of my husband’s. It’s been 3 weeks and they’re apparently refusing to give us the detailed list of contents so that we can validate that there is nothing else missing (we’ve asked dozens of times). They still haven’t returned my wedding gown or veil, they damaged two expensive purses (one Coach, one Betsey Johnson) and the bag from my wedding gown has a large stain in it. Most of our clothing was shrunk, some of it has holes in it, they didn’t return the charging cable for my Dyson vacuum, etc.

Paul Davis themselves replaced siding on one side of my house, then dented the brand new vinyl siding by hitting it with our gate. They installed carpeting going into the doorway at a ridiculous crooked angle. The painting in the bathroom has drips, they didn’t remove the toilet roll holder or the towel rods so there is paint all over them and the recessed wooden medicine cabinet (it’s like they didn’t even tape it off), they have paint all over the side of my wooden steps, they have paint all over my banister, the brand new drywall that they installed has weird dents and dings all over it.

They bonded my Pella front door (“we will make it look as good as new”) and then their painter hung plastic and sprayed it in his garage, there is fuzz and debris embedded in the paint... I complained, so they sanded and rolled the top half of the door, so my very expensive front door is now textured from the door handle and above, and smooth with fuzz and debris from the door handle and below. The quality of the work that they performed (for which they charged my insurance a premium! For example, to seal/prime and paint a 14 x 12 bedroom it was over $700!) was sub-par, to put it mildly. We just had two managers to our home last night to review the poor work, and they told us that the first guy “was a salesman” and that’s why they didn’t perform as promised.

They told us “that’s another department” when we complained that they didn’t clean our home (when the cleaning portion of Paul Davis was at the house working in September, and we pointed out things that they hadn’t done, they tried to tell us that we’d caused that dirt and that it was from us living in the house - but we weren’t back in yet, and hadn’t been in the house since May!)... it’s all Paul Davis, and these excuses are ridiculous. They ended the conversation by trying to get more money out of us, accusing us of withholding funds that our insurance company has not yet disbursed (and the Paul Davis project manager had told us that they would be paid directly), telling us that “the checks have numbers, they’re traceable".

Oh, and when the 2nd to last estimate was provided and I questioned being charged for about $750 in work that they had not performed, the project manager got very aggressive and told me “if you want me to take out the things that we didn’t do, I’ll put in all of the things that we did do that I didn’t charge you for,” and the last estimate was about $400 higher. They charged over $30,000 to gut one room, to paint the first floor of my home, stairway and hallway upstairs, and to recarpet two sets of steps... they already charged a premium, there were no “freebies,” and the quality of work is so poor, I’m furious. Bottom line - ambulance chasing predators, using this company is more headache than it’s worth, avoid at all costs.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

In May '18 one of the pipes under my kitchen sink came undone and flooded onto my hardwood floor. I contacted my insurance company and they said I had to use Paul Davis Restoration of Utah for the emergency clean up. Paul Davis Restoration of Utah came out in a timely manner and did the demolition and clean up from the emergency.

For the reconstruction, I decided to use Paul Davis Restoration of Utah because they had done the emergency work and I didn’t want them to blame any encountered problems on the emergency clean up or demolition because it was them who did it. Throughout the reconstruction, Paul Davis Restoration of Utah, continually had the wrong people there on the wrong day to do work they weren’t qualified to do. Because of this they ended up doing damage to parts of our existing house that were not damaged as part of the flood. They damaged our cabinets and broke our granite countertops during removal and re-installation. Throughout the reconstruction process we have had to live in a hotel, go weeks without a kitchen sink or water, wash dishes in our bathroom or in buckets, and go weeks without a stove to cook on.

As of today, 5 months later we are still waiting for them to replace damaged cabinets and damage that they did to our appliances during the reconstruction stage. I have contacted: The president and discussed the problem once. When I tried to call him again, he had his calls screened and would not return my call when I left a message. The project estimator about the problems that we are having and even though he offers reassurances of the work being done, we continue to have long delays. The project manager constantly. The only time we hear from him is when we reach out to him. He will reply and make some commitment only to see the time go by with his commitment not happening. I have never been in a situation like this before where people just don’t do what they say and when escalated within the company, nothing happens.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I suffered water damage from a leak in the hot water tank, which is in the attic. PDR was recommended by my insurance company, Hanover Insurance. Paul ** came out immediately, measured and gave me a detailed cost analysis. The crew was supposed to start the following week... it was almost a month until they showed up. I kept getting excuses that this one was sick; this one's eye hurt; etc. etc. At this time I had moved everything my from bedroom (except the king bed, two nightstands, one dresser, one bookshelf and a treadmill), walk-in closet, and two hallway closets to my living room, dining room and kids bedrooms. Two guys showed up for a total of about 12 hours over three days and then they were finished.

My son texted me the last day as I was in a meeting to let me know they were done already! I got home and THEY WERE NOT EVEN HALF DONE. The bedroom had only one wall completely painted; the ceiling in the walk in closet and in the hallway were already peeling off; you can see where they cut in the corners and ceiling with the paint; curtains and some furniture had never been moved; only two walls in the hallway were painted, and the fire alarms were never installed/replaced. I was hot and immediately called Paul **. He said "There must be a mistake. These are my best guys!"

He came out a few days later after playing phone tag. He inspected everything and said "Well it's not that bad". Yes, it IS THAT BAD! Before any work was started I had to pay $1406 up front with the balance due upon completion. Mr. ** assured me he would email me by Sunday to let me know when the guys would be back to finish the job. I never heard from him again. I have called and emailed multiple times with no response. This debacle all started in May, with the contract signed mid June and promises to be done by the first week of July. As of today, it is not completed. I will never recommend this company.

Original review: July 10, 2018

A few months ago, I had a dishwasher leak. Paul Davis was call out by my insurance. I’ve never seen this horrible craftsmanship. Wood vinyl floors with putty in them. Molding joints that do not align with clumps of putty in it. Then the bathroom they just put flooring in leaked. I go to do laundry, and the washer was not installed properly by them. Flooded the house again. Had to redo the first floor and the basement. Took over 2 months for everything to get fixed. Today I get an email from Paul Davis and it has a virus attached. So I ask to speak to a manager and he tells me “what do you want me to do about."

Original review: June 4, 2018

I had a flood occur in April. Paul Davis came in and immediately set about cleaning up the mess. They found mold and extensive damage and set up a containment field so they could clean out any dangerous spores/fumes. I was very happy with this aspect of their work. HOWEVER, dealing with the rebuild is a different story. I believe I have been very patient in dealing with all the delays but as of today (6 weeks after the event) there are still guys down there finishing up the tear down and I have no idea when any future work will be done.

Originally I was told by Justin that all would be finished in time for an event I was hosting on June 3... which was yesterday and I was forced to host it at a different location. I have been told a few times that PDR is very busy because of a recent wind storm we had in the area. While I completely understand the importance of helping people out of a disaster, I also believe a company shouldn't take on new jobs while forcing current customers to wait.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I wouldn't necessarily say the Paul Davis was bad but once the job (RESTORATION) was almost complete I couldn't get them back to finish. They became very unprofessional and I was totally dissatisfied with their attitude and lack of response. I would never recommend these folks to anyone I know or don't know for that matter.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My company secured Paul Davis Construction to restore a 2200 Square foot home following a fire that occurred in October 2017. Their salesman was onsite before the fire was extinguished. Obviously, he was in the pocket of the local fire department. He oversold and the company began to under deliver. We were told that the house would be finished in 120 days. We are now approaching 5 months and the house is less than 40% complete. I have spent over 100 hours checking behind subcontractors, pointing out deficiencies, meeting with the Project Managers, meeting with the company's owner, contacting the Department of Professional Regulation, etc.

A site meeting today resulted in me being harassed, threatened, cursed out, and demeaned by 5 Paul Davis Tampa employees. Threats of lawsuits from the owner are repetitive rhetoric. Bottom line: Paul Davis Construction of Tampa has collected over $40,000 in their first draw and refuses to substantiate how it was spent. They requested another $65,000 and refused to do any more work until it was received. PLEASE complete your due diligence and make sure that you NEVER hire Paul Davis Construction of Tampa. We are now left to finish the job. THANKFULLY, we refused to pay the second draw, but still lost a lot of money and time by being robbed by this company.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I am a small business owner in Lee's Summit, MO. I hired PDR a little over a year ago to build out my second yoga studio space. About 6 months after our LVT floor was installed, it began to peel up very badly. That was 10 months ago. After dealing with 5 different PDR project managers, all of whom have quit, the owner finally came out in person. We have TWO independent inspections stating it is the fault of the installer, Randy **.

We have had 2 'repairs' made to our floor with the original installer, using now 3 different lot numbers of material, and the original pieces are once again starting to peel up (they don't come up all at once, new pieces peel at random intervals). The lot numbers are different sizes and have a different finish than the original materials. I have months' worth of correspondence including a statement from a PDR rep stating this whole floor should and will be replaced. I try to run an ethical business, and when I encounter such appalling service and a complete lack of professionalism, I am shocked. This seems like a simple matter of making a well-documented insurance claim and letting everyone go on their way, but that is not what is happening.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

We had a fire in our house 2 months ago. The power bar located under the fish tank caused the fire so we had a fire damage and water damage in the house. In the beginning we were positive surprised because the cleaning crew arrived the same day. They started cleaning and drying our house. The next day they started packing our stuff. They decided to take out our stuff to the warehouse. Some of them were damaged. Some needed to be clean.

Anyway after 2 weeks the house was ready to move back so they brought our stuff back and this was our big disappointment because before moving back the stuff they suppose to clean the house after renovation right? But they didn't??? The floors were very dirty. The stuff inside the boxes were totally mixed like stuff from 3 different rooms in one box. Some of them incomplete. Some of them broken. The dishes in the kitchen cabinets were still dirty and some of them is missing, front of the kitchen cabinets dirty, a lots of stuff from the house never come back (they are not on the list of loss) so I guess they stole them??? So our experience with this company just horrible. Took us a weeks to get back to normal with the house.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Hurricane Matthew flooded our home with 3-4 ft. of raw sewage and salt water. We had to rewire, replumb and totally rebuild. We were ready to move in when we were flooded by Hurricane Irma with 6" of salt water in Sept. 2017!! We want to thank you John and Team so much for rebuilding our beautiful home and getting us into our home by Thanksgiving 2017 and we had family here in our new home for Christmas.

Our building experience with you went way beyond our expectations from the beginning to the end. We were impressed with the way you worked so hard to get the plan just right from the beginning process to the end and especially the quality of work that went into each and every room. You listened carefully to what we wanted while your expertise guided us. You were easy to work with and made yourselves accessible to us throughout the process. THANK YOU John and Team of Paul Davis of St. Augustine!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I had a roofing company - Tadlock Roofing - not put a roof on correctly and it rained and my entire home and attached in-law suite became ruined by water damage. The Insurance Co, Olympus FL, made us use PDR for the restoration. In the beginning, the dryer guys, it was ok. When the actual restoration work began, we were told, at a face to face meeting, that it would be 4-6 weeks and they promised that our home would be back to its original beauty or even better. We are now 5 months!! in and nothing is completed. Their subs either don't show up or they come at 11 and work until 3pm...

We have been displaced from our home for this amount of time. We live in FL and the only clothes etc I took with me to the in-law suite (we were saving the insurance co money by staying here) were summer. It is now quite cold in FL and I have had to waste my own time on weekends going to the storage facility to find clothes and other necessary accessories. I have also taken time from work to stay at the house and explain to THEIR contractors what needed to be done. They broke more water pipes and re-flooded the home. Thanks goodness I was there because they had no idea how to turn the water off! Back to the drying stage. They used MY towels and window treatments to clean it up.

They have ruined bathroom accessories, fans, outdoor furniture, pool filters and other things in my home. They have never given us a project plan, nor any idea as to who would be at the house to work and when. We would call them and not get a response as to who would be at the home. Then while at work, they would call at 10am saying people were there and the house was locked... I ask you - would you leave your home open all day everyday "just in case" someone decides to show up? Their owner, Jim Ingold and his project Manager Robert are rude. Robert actually yelled and swore at my husband. We are the customer...they should be concerned about us. There is so much more I could write; the bottom line - do not hire or let your insurance company allow them to do any restorations in your home. You will be displaced for 6+ months and even then you will get shoddy work.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I contracted Paul Davis Restoration due to the nationwide backing of a large construction corporate firm and their franchises' ability to follow the mission statement from the CEO Rich Williams. They stole a deposit check that was to be endorsed by several entities and deposited in the GTE credit union for draft pulls. They cashed two of the three checks and took out a large draft of $40K from the first check that did make it to GTE. In all they took an over payment of $11K and the home is 75% done. They are now avoiding any further contact, have not received a confirm correction from the corporate name brand web based group. The customer service people will not escalate the concerns of ours and the un-inhabitable home we paid an overage by their representative stealing from us and not correcting our contract agreed to home situation.

This is criminal. Be careful using any Paul Davis franchise!!! We are seeking legal assistance as well reporting to the local news stations. In addition, they bounced many checks to their own sub-contractors, many with young families and the material suppliers in the area of Pasco County, Fl... http://pauldavisbusiness.com/meet-the-executive-team/. I would strongly avoid any contact with this group, ethics appears to be a non-virtue. I will admit they are talking to me from a corporate stand-point, but zero resolution. I have caught the local group in many lies, and have talked directly to many identified above who are affected by this cancer and so called manager/owner.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

In March of 2017 a house I rent out had a tenant who accidentally caused a fire which did quite a bit of damage to the inside of the home. The house was filled with smoke and windows/flooring was damaged throughout due to the fire and smoke. My landlord insurance company recommended Paul Davis. The adjuster from the insurance met with me and the Paul Davis representative to walk through the home and determine coverages and restoration work to be done. All was good at first. Once the insurance check came in, Paul Davis requested 1/3 upfront, 1/3 when work began and the final 1/3 when work was completed. This was not a small amount of money we're talking about.

Since they had already actually started the work - I handed over 2/3 of the check. After that, it was like pulling teeth to even get a hold of someone from Paul Davis. If I didn't reach out, I didn't hear anything. If I did and I got through, I was given excuse on top of excuse as to why the work wasn't getting done, including injuries on their side and them being busy. Finally in July I was told the initial work was completed and I should go inspect to create a final list of things for them to do to finish the work. The work that was done was ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS. Tile was installed slanted and without proper cuts around the perimeter. Paint was literally 6 inches to a foot away from light and outlet switches. No outlet/switch covers were put back on.

Entire areas behind things were not painted. The paint was all the wrong color from what I had told them - which was to paint it what the old color was. Instead it was all painted white. After all of this, I got in touch with the insurance who made calls to this company and I was told work would be redone and made right where it was wrong. I contacted again after 2 weeks and still hadn't heard back from the new contact I had. After a month I finally got through and was told nothing was done yet! They are absolutely terrible. Stay away - find a more reputable company.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

We had a ceiling fall from moisture in one of our upstairs bedrooms. Paul Davis was sent to us by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company (our carrier). From the start they were sloppy, not on time, and not very professional. They removed all the ceilings in every room and closet on the 2nd floor. They did not properly cover our floors which caused numerous scratches in the wood flooring. They put our furniture in a pod in the driveway in a very sloppy and unprofessional manner. Some of my furniture was scratched. We had to empty our closets and rearrange the pod ourselves.

When it came time for them to do the mold remediation, they treated the wall with some kind of material in a poor manner, so now the contractor will have to sand the walls before they paint. They did not put down any cover on the floors before they sprayed the sealant which is totally unacceptable. The sealant that they put on the wood joists in the ceiling were sloppily sprayed causing dripping onto the floors and now my floors will have to be redone (sanded and polyurethaned). I have never worked with a bunch of unprofessional group of people ever. This is a company I would never recommend to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

After a fire at my home, I signed a contract for emergency repairs, including turbo fans and dehumidifiers to keep the house from further misfortunes, beyond the fire-riddled sections. The promised equipment never came, and so over time mold and mildew took over my basement and the rooms above. Much of the contents could not be cleaned or restored, and they are not accepting responsibility.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Took advantage of a sick senior. Had her sign a one page contract while she was alone in the hotel. Had three extensions, work still has problems, it has been 2 years. The franchisee S. ** finally came out after two years when I contacted an Arbitrator about the issues. New floor was laid and has cracks in it all throughout the house. Floor trim was not installed correctly or not installed at all. Stucco on the outside was not completed to the foundation, so mice were getting in the house. Garage door hung incorrectly, mice getting in. Deposited materials from job site on the neighbor's property. Hook up stove wrong, (Gas Leaks). Cheap materials used and high price charged. So much more wrong, too many to list.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Hired PDNF after hurricane Matthew. It is now 5.31.17 and the project is still not complete! Very poor workmanship and NO ATTENTION to detail to the point where I'm pointing out the obvious issues and trash to the owner that shows little care. They left TRASH, NAILS and VERY POOR CRAFTSMANSHIP (the list is very long of errors) all over the yard (my dog got a nail in his paw)! WARNING - do not call them! Read the other reviews of the same issues. A NIGHTMARE to manage this company, as this is what you have to do for them to get anything done, and when they are done, it's poor quality.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

More than happy with the services of Paul Davis. They were very professional and really appreciate how friendly the customer service is. In addition, they are fast and flexible. The speed of service I was more than happy with. Liked that they are available 24 hours and willing to work with you around your schedule which makes them a place I would recommend them to anyone. The reliability of Paul Davis is more than exceptional. They are very fast with the process and also flexible with scheduling when you have a specific time and day in mind. I was happy with the value of the service. It is hard to find a company who are not only flexible and professional but also have friendly and great customer service and willing to work with you and answer all your questions.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

Was on time. Spent the entire time working and being efficient and not spending time on the phone or sitting around eating lunch, etc. Thoughtful crew for sure. Finished the job ahead of schedule. Cleanup was outstanding. Efficient work crew. Finished a couple hours ahead of schedule and very well done. Have never had an issue since we had them over to work. Would definitely recommend to anyone who was interested in having this sort of work done. Cost was less that of similar businesses to do the same work. Was under budget in actuality. Would recommend for sure. A+++ service.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

The service was great. You will feel that you get everything you pay for and you will love the job that get done. You will love how this company treats. The job was done in a flash but not too fast to where I feel they rushed thru it. I could see the quality of the work they did and was very happy with the time it took to do it. They were there when they said they would be. Actually got the job done early. Great. So I would say very reliable service with no complaints. You cannot beat the service you get for what you pay. There is nothing that matches how great of a job they do for the value that you pay.

Paul Davis expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Paul Davis is a national line of full-service restoration companies. The business’s services include fire, water and mold restoration services.

• Variety: Paul Davis offers not only mold removal expertise, but also fire, remodeling and water damage services. The company can help homeowners with a wide range of problems in addition to mold removal.

• Convenience: Paul Davis has a nationwide network, so it’s easy to find a franchise when needed. In addition, the company offers 24/7 emergency services for when customers need help with mold quickly.

• Extra services: Paul Davis offers a slew of additional services for water damage, including the cleaning of personal belongings.

• Customer service: There are many Paul Davis franchises, so the quality of customer service at each depends on the staff. It’s hard to predict the level of service without having experience with the particular franchise.

• Cost: Paul Davis is a relatively pricey mold removal company and restoration due to its prevalence and experience.

• Best for: Home or property owners and renters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs