2.24/5

Need a mold removal company?

Paul Davis

Need a mold removal company?

45 Paul Davis Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I wish I could give negative stars - HORRIBLE COMPANY, RUN DON'T WALK FROM THIS COMPANY!! We had a waterline leak that caused damage to our home including drywall and tile. They were on the ball with getting the floor dried out and getting the mitigation done, however, everything crashed after that. Although I can say that while they were painting my kitchen floor with Kilz to protect against any further mold, they painted the side of my BLACK fridge white, they didn't clean it, they didn't even tell me. I had to find out after they left, and it's on the side of the fridge which I cannot clean because I cannot move the fridge by myself.

It's been almost 4 weeks since the mitigation ended, we had a contractor at my home on Wednesday (8.7.19), who basically told my husband (who by the way just had knee surgery) that my children and I needed to move the fridge so that he could drywall behind it because he was going to be there alone the following day. He also told my husband that he hated his job. He did not cover anything in my home so the drywall that he did the dust went throughout my home. When he arrived on Thursday (8.8.19), he took it upon himself to just walk into my home. He did not knock on the door, even though that's the lie that he told his supervisor (I checked my cameras). He literally walked right into my garage and into my home. Asked my 15 year old son "so what are we going to do with this fridge?" He's the most unprofessional contractor I have ever dealt with.

When I got ahold of Paul Davis and the manager on the project, at first he sounded concerned and kicked his worker off the job. But when I spoke to him today he sounded less concerned about his contractors actions. Now my house isn't completed, I'm going to have to find another contractor and wait even longer to have the repairs done. All throughout the entire process they have been uncertain about finding a painter to do a two tone textured paint, even going as far as asking my husband and my children if we had paint for the upstairs and basement. They have continued to be slow in getting my home back into pre-incident status and don't seem to care that their contractors are costing them jobs. GOODBYE PAUL DAVIS, you will never work in my home or the homes of anyone I know again!

Original review: June 26, 2019

Company had very poor communication with me, the homeowner, about the project throughout the entire process. Project was suppose to take a max of one month to complete. However, the project took over one year to finalize. Had several contractors quit throughout the project and spent several months with no one working on the project. This took place during the winter months as well and my 2 young children had to endure very cold temperatures due to our entire kitchen wall being exposed to the elements. Along with a host of other problems the project manager disappeared and there was no communication about the budget and expenses. I ended up having to pay way more out of pocket than was originally told. I would definitely NOT recommend this company to anyone! Find a more professional and caring company to take care of your home needs.

Get expert buying tips about Mold Removal and Remediation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I had a terrible experience to repair basement with water. They told me by phone will be no more than 2,500. It went up to 5,000 and overcharge weekend. They told me 30% more then it was way too more. They did a poor quality job and when asked the estimated repair cost took them three days to give me an overprice charges with the justification they have insurance prices, however, I do not believe insurance overpay them. My friends and neighbors are the witness of the expensive bad service and poor quality, that it is not only my opinion but from other that they help me to evaluate the job done for the price billed. To avoid issues with this company I desk with another one and best prices quality and was able to manage the insurance refund of the total liability. Again avoid this company for you better experience.

Original review: May 2, 2019

If I could pick "zero" as a rating, I would. We had a fire at our rental property. Property is 100 miles round trip from our home. Representative from Paul Davis set an appointment time to look at the damage and never showed up. We called him to find out where he was and he sent a "text" back saying he was in a meeting. We traveled an hour to get to our property only to wait all day for a call back that we never got. The next morning, Paul Davis just shows up. We didn't want to deal with a company that can't even get their appointment dates correct or return calls, and asked him to leave the premises. We ended up with a wonderful Family owned restoration company that not only confirmed their appointment with us, but also showed up exactly when he said. Buyer Beware... I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I've been a pastor for over 50 years and I've never done business with a company that did such poor job as a service company. First, they are unfairly high in their charges. When I chose to use a less expensive competitor I was met with resentment and they made me pay for it later. Second, it is obvious to me that their main interest is not to provide service.

Squeezing the customer's dollar is more important than providing service to the customer. Third, they didn't properly file with my insurance company and that resulted in a $570.18 penalty out of my pocket. When they billed me for that amount I refused to pay and they threatened to turn me over to a collection atency. I wasn't worried that they could hurt my good credit standing so I ignored their threats. Finally they put a lien on my house. My next step would have to be small claims court but I did not want to waste any more cash on the job so I paid those unfair charges. Paul Davis, Inc. doesn't deserve your business. Buyer Beware!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paul Davis?

Original review: April 22, 2019

Flooded rec room issue. Company representative claimed damage caused by backed up drainage pipe. A complete fabrication. Water came in through the concrete block. Representative reported carpet in basement was wall to wall with underpad. It was a throw rug with no underpad. I had folded up the throw rug as it was soaked with water. The small size of the folded rug would have been an obvious giveaway that the rug was a throw rug without underpad. The Company was given tile to test for asbestos. Was never tested. This is a serious concern as the tiling has come up from the concrete floor. Their negligence is potentially harmful to homeowners health. Lack of transparency and honesty indicates a company that is dangerous to customers health. Do not use this company!!!

Original review: April 15, 2019

We had an electrical fire in our 600 sq ft garage almost 3 years ago. Paul Davis quoted us $12,000 and a 1 month timeline to complete the repairs. $28,000 in repair costs and an additional $12,000 in storage costs later and the project is still not complete. We are on our 5th project manager, most of the others were fired by the company. At this time there is still no plan or estimated date of completion. It appears they did not pull all the required permits for the work they did. The work that has been done is rushed and shoddy. They got stucco all over our artificial turf and the tiled patio which must be replaced. Wells Fargo used to have the worst ranked customer service experience in my life. Congratulations Paul Davis on taking the #1 spot.

Original review: March 13, 2019

House fire on June 9th 2018. Paul Davis representative was at the fire. Apparently he spends his afternoon listening to the scanner. Before the fire was out he approached us about restoration. Having never made a homeowner’s claim in over 50 years of homeownership the man from Paul Davis made it sound like we needed his help. Worst decision I ever made using Paul Davis. They were all about the money. Did not care about our personal items. Saved items that should have been deemed a loss. Paul Davis of St. Paul MN. with owner Caleb ** is total scam. Be careful!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

The last of September we had a slab week. The plumber. And out and quoted us two estimates. One for just a repair and two to do a repair because he said these types of leaks are reoccurring if not the pipes aren’t repiped. My insurance agency paid for the repair. They came out and did a half decent job with unfinished work. They did not put my fuo back in place, unplugged electronics, did not plug them back up in our in place, removed all my smoke alarms, did not put them back in place. Wires were just hanging from the ceiling. Moved my toilet to put vinyl down and did not secure it back to the floor.

Every time I sit to use the toilet it shakes and moves from one side to the next. I have paint drippings in both my bath tubs. Came home one day and in my second bathroom they were storing paint on the shower curtain which was laid inside the tub. I assume he curtain got covered in paint because it “disappeared”. They never finish my floors and on Thanksgiving Day the leak was back. This time my insurance agency decided to do the route. They just came out three weeks ago to look at the damages, get measurements and have me pick out flooring. They said I would hear from them at the end of the week. It’s going on week three and I have not heard ANYTHING!! Yet, my floor and carpet is torn up. Here it is almost February and they had been called since November.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We had a toilet replaced from a large corporation 2 years ago. They installed it wrong. Thus, they hired Paul Davis Restoration who came in December, 2017 and removed molded flooring in kitchen, bath, and laundry room. In November, 2018 not one year later, the flooring has indented pockets forming on our floors. We called Paul Davis Restoration who came out and said we needed 2 joists installed at a cost of $2,000. Why did they not install these, that were never there before or replace the ones that were there, when the large corporation was paying for it??? We intend on looking into legal advice!!!

Paul Davis expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Paul Davis is a national line of full-service restoration companies. The business’s services include fire, water and mold restoration services.

• Variety: Paul Davis offers not only mold removal expertise, but also fire, remodeling and water damage services.

• Convenience: Paul Davis has a nationwide network, so it’s easy to find a franchise when needed. In addition, the company offers 24/7 emergency services for when customers need help with mold quickly.

• Extra services: Paul Davis offers a slew of additional services for water damage, including the cleaning of personal belongings.

• Customer service: There are many Paul Davis franchises, so the quality of customer service at each depends on the staff. It’s hard to predict the level of service without having experience with the particular franchise.

• Cost: Paul Davis is a relatively pricey mold removal company and restoration due to its prevalence and experience.

• Best for: Home or property owners and renters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs