2.11/5

Need a mold removal company?

Paul Davis

Need a mold removal company?

Paul Davis Reviews

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I read all the reviews and decided to stop working with them. They never gave me a contract and just moved forward with the repairs. My insurance company recommended them so they thought they were hired. I never hired them and have no contracts signed. Read the reviews, they are an extremely dishonest company and you will have sleepless nights worrying about your home and your possessions. It is not worth it to work with them. Never, ever again!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Unprofessional, useless. My house got hit by the lighting in July and the insurance company assigned Paul Davis to "help" with inspection and repairs. All they do is to take pictures and bill the insurance astronomical amounts for work not done properly or partially done and when you discover one of their invoices as I did, they disappear. Avoid this company, they are not honest at all.

Get expert buying tips about Mold Removal and Remediation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

They put 5 fans and 2 other things in my house for a week. Tore off all flooring. Left Staples and nails sticking up in floor. Sent a guy to replace sub floors. I'm on walker and one of the board split and was found not nailed down. Flooring guy comes and said sub floor was not safe. No braces put down. Sent someone else to pull up and replace all the 1st guy done. They kept taking hot water heater out and went two weeks with no hot water. 1st time and second time went a week and a half. Went over a month with washer and dryer pulled. Had to go to laundry.

My stove was wired into the house and they pulled it and I had no stove or microwave for almost a month. I was told twice flooring guy was coming and each day I got up early as had to catch cats and put them up. I'm on a walker and don't get around good. Now I've been told they will come put in flooring Friday. Today is Tuesday. One of the days they were suppose to come. Also I have been without a downstairs toilet over a month and they know I have to climb 13 steps to get upstairs to a bathroom. They sent and did poor workmanship. Jason the guy they assigned to my case lied to me not once but twice. I do not recommend them at all.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Insurance company chose PDC to repair/refinish our hardwood floors after frig leak. Their sub did a horrible job, cross-grain sanding, damaged stove & fridge during move out. Utter lack of communication. No supervision of subs, wanted to charge us double what another sub charged for repainting. Their attitude is haughty & condescending; in utter denial of any of the problems/damages they caused. Not just one employee; they ALL had this attitude. An absolutely HORRIBLE company to deal with.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I wish I could give negative stars for this sham of a company. The Louisville, KY franchise left wet flooring, wet insulation, and wet baseboards in my home after my water heater burst and leaked approximately 600 gallons of water into my home and crawl space. They advised me that the "mold" I saw was actually water staining from slow leaks & my insurance would never cover it. I was told that Paul Davis is not the water mitigation expert (by Paul Davis workers), and was told they could give me a referral to a company who was. (They stopped answering my calls at that time and never gave me a referral.) They also told my homeowners insurance company that I had no organic growth.

My home was not treated for mold when they came, and I was advised to not file a claim regarding the mold. 2.5 months later I had another company treat my home for black mold, and my crawl space for green mold, and was able to get my homeowners to pay for this service. Paul Davis offered to give me $500 back on the bill, and the moment I questioned how this number was derived, all contact stopped. That was 8/22. NEVER EVER EVER LET THIS SHAM OF A COMPANY INTO YOUR HOME! I LIVED WITH BLACK MOLD FOR 2.5 MONTHS BECAUSE OF THESE unprofessional, uncaring, and dishonest people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paul Davis?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I wish I could give negative stars - HORRIBLE COMPANY, RUN DON'T WALK FROM THIS COMPANY!! We had a waterline leak that caused damage to our home including drywall and tile. They were on the ball with getting the floor dried out and getting the mitigation done, however, everything crashed after that. Although I can say that while they were painting my kitchen floor with Kilz to protect against any further mold, they painted the side of my BLACK fridge white, they didn't clean it, they didn't even tell me. I had to find out after they left, and it's on the side of the fridge which I cannot clean because I cannot move the fridge by myself.

It's been almost 4 weeks since the mitigation ended, we had a contractor at my home on Wednesday (8.7.19), who basically told my husband (who by the way just had knee surgery) that my children and I needed to move the fridge so that he could drywall behind it because he was going to be there alone the following day. He also told my husband that he hated his job. He did not cover anything in my home so the drywall that he did the dust went throughout my home. When he arrived on Thursday (8.8.19), he took it upon himself to just walk into my home. He did not knock on the door, even though that's the lie that he told his supervisor (I checked my cameras). He literally walked right into my garage and into my home. Asked my 15 year old son "so what are we going to do with this fridge?" He's the most unprofessional contractor I have ever dealt with.

When I got ahold of Paul Davis and the manager on the project, at first he sounded concerned and kicked his worker off the job. But when I spoke to him today he sounded less concerned about his contractors actions. Now my house isn't completed, I'm going to have to find another contractor and wait even longer to have the repairs done. All throughout the entire process they have been uncertain about finding a painter to do a two tone textured paint, even going as far as asking my husband and my children if we had paint for the upstairs and basement. They have continued to be slow in getting my home back into pre-incident status and don't seem to care that their contractors are costing them jobs. GOODBYE PAUL DAVIS, you will never work in my home or the homes of anyone I know again!

Original review: June 26, 2019

Company had very poor communication with me, the homeowner, about the project throughout the entire process. Project was suppose to take a max of one month to complete. However, the project took over one year to finalize. Had several contractors quit throughout the project and spent several months with no one working on the project. This took place during the winter months as well and my 2 young children had to endure very cold temperatures due to our entire kitchen wall being exposed to the elements. Along with a host of other problems the project manager disappeared and there was no communication about the budget and expenses. I ended up having to pay way more out of pocket than was originally told. I would definitely NOT recommend this company to anyone! Find a more professional and caring company to take care of your home needs.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I had a terrible experience to repair basement with water. They told me by phone will be no more than 2,500. It went up to 5,000 and overcharge weekend. They told me 30% more then it was way too more. They did a poor quality job and when asked the estimated repair cost took them three days to give me an overprice charges with the justification they have insurance prices, however, I do not believe insurance overpay them. My friends and neighbors are the witness of the expensive bad service and poor quality, that it is not only my opinion but from other that they help me to evaluate the job done for the price billed. To avoid issues with this company I desk with another one and best prices quality and was able to manage the insurance refund of the total liability. Again avoid this company for you better experience.

Original review: May 2, 2019

If I could pick "zero" as a rating, I would. We had a fire at our rental property. Property is 100 miles round trip from our home. Representative from Paul Davis set an appointment time to look at the damage and never showed up. We called him to find out where he was and he sent a "text" back saying he was in a meeting. We traveled an hour to get to our property only to wait all day for a call back that we never got. The next morning, Paul Davis just shows up. We didn't want to deal with a company that can't even get their appointment dates correct or return calls, and asked him to leave the premises. We ended up with a wonderful Family owned restoration company that not only confirmed their appointment with us, but also showed up exactly when he said. Buyer Beware... I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I've been a pastor for over 50 years and I've never done business with a company that did such poor job as a service company. First, they are unfairly high in their charges. When I chose to use a less expensive competitor I was met with resentment and they made me pay for it later. Second, it is obvious to me that their main interest is not to provide service.

Squeezing the customer's dollar is more important than providing service to the customer. Third, they didn't properly file with my insurance company and that resulted in a $570.18 penalty out of my pocket. When they billed me for that amount I refused to pay and they threatened to turn me over to a collection atency. I wasn't worried that they could hurt my good credit standing so I ignored their threats. Finally they put a lien on my house. My next step would have to be small claims court but I did not want to waste any more cash on the job so I paid those unfair charges. Paul Davis, Inc. doesn't deserve your business. Buyer Beware!

Paul Davis expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Paul Davis is a national line of full-service restoration companies. The business’s services include fire, water and mold restoration services.

• Variety: Paul Davis offers not only mold removal expertise, but also fire, remodeling and water damage services.

• Convenience: Paul Davis has a nationwide network, so it’s easy to find a franchise when needed. In addition, the company offers 24/7 emergency services for when customers need help with mold quickly.

• Extra services: Paul Davis offers a slew of additional services for water damage, including the cleaning of personal belongings.

• Customer service: There are many Paul Davis franchises, so the quality of customer service at each depends on the staff. It’s hard to predict the level of service without having experience with the particular franchise.

• Cost: Paul Davis is a relatively pricey mold removal company and restoration due to its prevalence and experience.

• Best for: Home or property owners and renters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs