3.7/5 (157 ratings)

About Paul Davis

Paul Davis Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paul Davis?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paul Davis?

Original review: April 27, 2022

Was told many lies. Did not complete the mitigation process insurance, had to come back a 2nd time for things missed that they billed for and send another crew in for more mitigation. Beware. Run fast!!!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I wish I would have seen a huge advisor to KEEP AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AND ALL PARTIES INVOLVED WITH THEM!!! They are thieves!!! Charging my insurance company for stuff they didn't do. Charging me for things outside of what the Insurance company authorized. (That I did not agree to). Several of my personal things went missing, as well as household items, Sink, Faucet, Garbage Disposal, Outlets, remotes to fans, light, etc....USAA has them on a Contractor List, my unfortunate and very unpleasant experience to have had them come up on rotation for the repairs to my home. What was supposed to be a simple Roof, floor and paint job turned out to be anything but....

The "Project Manager" or lack thereof was never there to oversee the work that was being performed. My kitchen cabinets were destroyed along with the walls and electrical that I had just done and permitted. Paul Davis did work without the proper Permits. I was left to pay for Fines from the city for work performed without a permit.

Gordon the owner is a liar and he stated that my home received several coats of paint (4) to be exact. I have video showing their workers only doing 2 and not even a good job at that. I had to hire another painter to come in a fix and repaint all the walls in the house, to include all the baseboards that were painted black and in doing so stained the bottom the white walls and new tile.... The paint started peeling all along the baseboard area. And in several spots you can clearly see where a paint brush never touched the walls!!! You might as well forget about mentioning this to the owner Gordon as he does not give two ** about the workmanship, he just wants to charge the insurance companies and YOU for shady work being performed.

I come and post this with all the PROOF and will post in due time to expose this thief!!! The Sub-Contractors he deals with have said nothing nice or good about him/company. One contractor that I had to call to come out and finish the work that he was paid by Insurance company to do, advised he was unaware that Paul Davis was using his company to pull permits under!! What?! Then I had to pay this subcontractor out of my own pocket. That happened with 2 other sub-contractors. IF YOU DON'T AGREE OR ARE UNHAPPY WITH THE WORK, WELL YOU'RE OUT OF LUCK... HE WILL PLACE A LIEN ON YOUR HOUSE!!! Instead of being an honest person and come to you to fix whatever you are unhappy with, he chooses the dishonest way out. Grab your money and go.

The aftermath of what was done to my home and family, I would not wish on ANYONE. PLEASE I strongly suggest you heed my WARNING. Anyone needing proof before I expose this company's crooked practices can email me, **. I'd be more than happy to share what I have. His motto for his business is purely fictional., He is not helping anyone but himself to your money! You are a bad bad person Gordon **, you know what you did to my home and family, shame on you!!!! You will either learn from this and straighten your company and work ethics or I hope your business closes so you can't do this to anyone else!!!!

Get buying tips about Mold Removal and Remediation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

My shop was robbed in the month of 9/2021 and Paul Davis was commissioned to compensate the damage, which is an air conditioner, a new door, windows and plastic covers to keep the goods. To date, none of the tasks assigned to them have been completed:

- The air conditioner was received two months ago and we are still waiting for it to be installed.
    - The plastic covers were received two months ago and in a larger size than required, and the employees of Paul Davis decided that I personally cut them with a knife and install them with the same despite the difficulty of the matter.

- The door and the window, there is no news about them. Every week *Friday afternoon* they sent an email and told (By next week) despite the cold cold and storms.

In my opinion, they are liars and scammers, and I do not advise dealing with them.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

The workers were very considerate about my belongings. They cleaned up nicely. They did a great job. They did everything they told me they would do. They scheduled me for repair as soon as the insurance company approved the claim.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

Paul Davis preyed on me, I had a house fire. They refused to give me money. The insurance company gave them for me to replace items that got destroyed in the fire. They said they would pay me after the job was complete. They left the pool incomplete. The insurance company gave them $1300.00 to drain, acid wash and refill the pool. They offered my pool person $600.00. They gave him $300.00. To make matters worse they said I owed them money the insurance company gave me to give to them $54.000.00. All the checks I got from the insurance company I gave to them. When I told them that they put a Lien against my property. I contacted the Contractor State License Board. I would never use this company again. I'm not the only one they preyed on.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Wow being evacuated by fire made us homeless but this company preyed upon us. Made it 100% worse... They showed up telling us if we didn't sign immediately we would not get to come back home for months. We only had smoke damage and hadn't even been allowed home by authorities before Paul Davis came and told us what had to be done. Once we were able to go home we found not much of a problem at all since we taped up our windows and doors before we left. We had only 2 needs which Paul Davis said they would fix. Window screens needed to be replaced and our attic got filled with smoke. They said they Had to prove to our insurance company that it needed to be done by bringing in odor detectors and a cleaning crew that was totally unnecessary.

They were here for about 6 hours before telling us that they did not know how to clean window screens and the attic was outside their scope. Okay so we don't need Paul Davis... Too late. They ended up sending a pressure washing crew who totally destroyed our antique collection on our from porch and also broke the porch lights! Paul Davis said they would take care of it and fix it. We sent them pictures and itemized list which they asked for us to provide receipts for the antiques. Antiques by nature don't have receipts and they cannot easily be replaced.

The other issue is they took our curtains and blinds saying that they needed to be cleaned before the screens could be blamed for the smell. They took them and billed us for the job before we even got them back. They requested payment over and over but we did not have our items returned yet. Paul Davis billed our insurance over $10,000 at over $1500 per hour! OMG! The insurance company said they would rather pay it than take their time since they were so many claims in our area.

Paul Davis said since they broke so many of our items they would take that out of the deductible we owed them. Yes the $10k was not enough for them! Well after being passed from person to person the one person will say, "We do not owe anything due to the damage," and then a day later their manager will call and demand payment in a threatening way. I think they are trying to wear us down into paying them more and more... After talking to neighbors we aren't the only ones who were scammed by Paul Davis. Good job making a bad situation way worse than it had to be.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

Paul Davis is a company that is quick to tear up your house, take your money, double charge your deductible. When it comes to repairs they ghost you, do not contact you leave you hanging while your house is torn apart. They leave damages that they add in the estimated value that your insurance eventually pays for. Would never use this company. Not even in an emergency situation.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

The team of first Tasia then Tasia and Storm were courteous and professional. Their work was competent and expertly taken care of and I trusted them to be in our home when we were unable to be present. I trusted them both and they are a team that I would definitely use again. They made sure all aspects of water remediation were solved. We had a tree fall on our house in a rain storm and the damage was extensive due to a large hole in the roof and the rain coming in. They fixed the concern in a timely manner.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

Paul Davis was recommended by my homeowner's insurance company to restore cabinets, counter tops, dry wall and stucco damage resulting from a water leak because they were inexpensive. The initial meeting prior to signing the contract, Mr. Davis himself made (2) promises in addition to the insurance adjuster's list of needed repairs at no additional costs. Once we signed the contract, Paul Davis backed out of the promises claiming he didn't realize how much it would cost.

Additionally, and huge!!!! Paul Davis agreed to to honor the insurance company claims adjuster's list to repair in his contract. However, Paul Davis failed to honor the full contract. Yet, Paul Davis hired an attorney to force my wife and I to pay for a job that was not completed. Note: Paul Davis stated that he was not going to finish the kitchen cabinets repair because he didn't expect the cost to exceed his original estimate. We had to hire someone else to complete the job because we had a wedding coming up in our home. I do NOT recommend Paul Davis Restoration of the Inland Empire!!!!

Original review: July 21, 2021

Hired Paul Davis Tampa to do renovation from an AC handler leak. Project "Manager" Andres (apparently they use the term very loosely) complete lack of communication, laziness and total lack of interest in the project should have been a warning sign. The following is a list of some of the issues we experienced. Please read on to the last one. It is the most dangerous and disturbing aspect having hired this company.

1. Contractors showing up around 10 am only to say leaving to go to Home Depot for supplies. One hour round trip from my home. When I mentioned this I was told that was standard procedure. Really!!!

2. Painters doing electrical work. Self explanatory.

3. Attempting to cut tile indoors without any containment. When I insisted they do something again they went to Home Depot. Only to return without proper containment kit(s). Instead a roll of fine mill plastic sheeting and painter's tape. Needless to say the much if not most of the tile dust escaped into the house.

4. Pressure from "manager" to consider removing three plus rooms of tile instead of the 300 or so sq ft necessary because tile had been discontinued. Insisted could not find enough tile and if he could it probably would not match existing tile. I contacted the manufacturer and in a 2 minute phone call found 2000 sq ft of it available. Even went as far to tell us they could pack up all the rooms and transport it all to their warehouse for storage. Then demo all the good tile and replace with a tile selected from their showroom. All I could hear was commission, commission $$$! Tile was perfect match 100%.

5. On several occasions sent a contractor alone to do work who spoke no English at all. Unfortunately I only speak English.

6. Contractors often showed up without clear instructions on what they were supposed to do. Homeowner has to act as manager and supervisor.

7. MOST IMPORTANTLY: Homeowner may need to have a means of protecting themselves and their family. Contractor arrived alone to start work shortly after I realized another guy was in my house. Only expecting the one guy to work that day. Ok, went out to my garage and found two ladies sitting in the middle of my garage with laptops and food. Asked Andres to ask them to leave. At first he refused and and after a lengthy text and telephone exchange called the contractor. Contractor became extremely irritated slamming things on the floor of garage and cursing at me in Spanish. I confronted him and explained to him and his helper my reason for asking apparently their wives to leave.

I asked how long to finish was told one hour. Desperate to get this horrific ordeal over with I told them to finish ASAP. I pulled up the Sheriff's phone number on my laptop and got out a loaded handgun and tucked it into my waistband. You NEVER PUT A CLIENT/HOMEOWNER IN HARMS WAY! If a homeowner contacts you and is not comfortable with a situation or worker in their home YOU GET THEM OUT IMMEDIATELY! I was fortunate this situation did not escalate, however someone else may not be so fortunate.

Paul Davis author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Paul Davis is a national line of full-service restoration companies. The business’s services include fire, water and mold restoration services.

• Variety: Paul Davis offers not only mold removal expertise, but also fire, remodeling and water damage services.

• Convenience: Paul Davis has a nationwide network, so it’s easy to find a franchise when needed. In addition, the company offers 24/7 emergency services for when customers need help with mold quickly.

• Extra services: Paul Davis offers a slew of additional services for water damage, including the cleaning of personal belongings.

• Customer service: There are many Paul Davis franchises, so the quality of customer service at each depends on the staff. It’s hard to predict the level of service without having experience with the particular franchise.

• Cost: Paul Davis is a relatively pricey mold removal company and restoration due to its prevalence and experience.

Paul Davis Company Information