3.6/5 (134 ratings)

About Paul Davis

Paul Davis Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paul Davis?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paul Davis?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Shaun and Savannah arrived on a Sun morning (called Sat night) to access the damage from a 3 week water leak. Straight to work pulling up carpet and soaked pad, set up fans and dehumidifier to dry out flooring. Brian came on Mon to check water saturation, again on Tue to remove hardwood flooring. Shaun and Dillon returned Wed to remove tile to facilitate drying process. Finished up on Thu and will start restoration process at a later date. Kudos to Shaun, Savahnnah, Brian, Mike and Dillon all did a very professional job. Can't ask for more conscientious employees.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Needed help assessing water damage. Came right away and told us what to do next. Appreciate all the help provided. Recommended by a trusted friend who has done work at our home. All in all an excellent experience.

Get buying tips about Mold Removal and Remediation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

The workers were very considerate about my belongings. They cleaned up nicely. They did a great job. They did everything they told me they would do. They scheduled me for repair as soon as the insurance company approved the claim.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

The team of first Tasia then Tasia and Storm were courteous and professional. Their work was competent and expertly taken care of and I trusted them to be in our home when we were unable to be present. I trusted them both and they are a team that I would definitely use again. They made sure all aspects of water remediation were solved. We had a tree fall on our house in a rain storm and the damage was extensive due to a large hole in the roof and the rain coming in. They fixed the concern in a timely manner.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I gave the demo process of our job 5 stars! But after the Paul Davis Portland/Vancouver company got paid for the demo portion of my reconstruction job by Allstate, they dropped me this week. Left me in a lurch looking for contractors to finish what they promised they would work on...from beginning to end. I was told by the Paul Davis company that they would take care of the process, every step of the way. From demo, to restoration. I had nothing to worry about. They got this. I trusted them. Now I have an unusable bathroom and a stripped down laundry room.

I believe in business, a promise made should be a promise kept. Not, we promise to do your job from A to Z...unless something bigger comes along. I am not fat to be cut, I am a homeowner and a human. My house may not be much to your huge franchise, but to me...my home is everything. Trust is everything when you let people into your life and your home. And you have let me down. You have disappointed me in so many ways, and completely upturned my life. I have never heard of a restoration company leaving a house in shambles like this. Nor did I ever imagine a restoration company could drop a client in the middle of a job....

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

They never came when they said they would. Almost everything they touched needed to be redone. Scheduling was terrible. All work is done by subcontractors that I had to manage. Paul Davis project management was non-existent. I never knew who I was dealing with. The job took way longer than it should have. They installed trim that did not match existing trim. They damaged my walls. I do NOT recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Brother passed away and unfortunately required their services. Received a written quote only days after work done and was higher than stated. Invoice on work done made no sense as their claim on time spent and material was much higher than actual. We’ll see where our dispute ends up. Interestingly, claimed to take biohazard for incineration but in site employees volunteered “dump” drop off. Frustrating how people try to take advantage of you at your most vulnerable periods.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

YIKES! THIS COMPANY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU OR ITS REPUTATION! 4 people knew that I was having a problem and none of them helped me; Austin, Kyle, Dustin or the Regional Manager. I'm blown away by their lack of customer service and communication. The mitigation process, with Austin, went great at the beginning but everything after the repair estimate was a NIGHTMARE! Once Dustin **, the one handling the mitigation process, THOUGHT I wasn't having them do the WHOLE job he started treating me like crap. He wouldn't respond to my text questions. I called and talked to Kyle on a Thursday and let him know that I was concerned about the lack of communication. He assured me he would talk to him and make sure he communicated better with me.

4 days later Dustin texted me at 4:30 pm (right before he was going home for the day) and said they wouldn't be able to start my job for 6 WEEKS. I texted back and said, "When I talked to you 2 weeks ago you said the job would be started in about 2 weeks." He texted back that was based on them doing ALL the work. I assured him that I never said they weren't going to do the whole job and I just wanted to wait to see what the estimate said. There were crickets after that. I'm so confused about this manner of handling problems. I also called and left a message for the regional manager of Paul Davis but it's been 4 days so I doubt if they care either. If you look at some of the other reviews about Paul Davis, Paul Davis stops working when someone complains about a problem they are having. They run away instead of actively solving the problem.

I checked out the Utah Disaster Kleenup reviews. I was impressed that when someone complained they wanted to find them in their system and make things right. That's the kind of company that I want to work with, one that is concerned about their reputation!!! I've hired UDK to come and do the work. I guess my $14,000 wasn't enough for Paul Davis. (They would have gotten over $22,000 for the whole job). Unfortunately for them, when I'm treated poorly I let EVERYONE know about it. They should have at least acted as if they cared. Check out my evidence below. My texts are in green and Dustin ** are in b&w. It took him 5 days to get back to me. How hard is it to send a text?

To PaulDavis: I hope that you guys learn from this experience and don't just assume the customer doesn't want you to do the whole job. I wanted to see the repair estimate before a signed the work authorization slip. I didn't know what I was locked into once I signed that. Once the estimate comes back, just call the customer and say, "hey I've got your approved estimate back from the insurance company. They are going to cover this and this. We can start ____. Can I please get that deductible from you?" I would have said, "that sounds great. Do you know how much it would cost to paint the whole basement at the same time?"

Original review: June 18, 2022

Recommended by insurance company to restore basement water damage. Dried out and did a partial rip out and left everything for us to cart out ourselves. Never completed the job. The contractor in their reconstruction division suggested using sheetrock over the mold! What!!! They are mold and water mitigation! Very unprofessional Company! Then they wrote a review on my behalf giving themselves 10 Stars. A dishonest company!

Original review: May 31, 2022

Paul Davis was hired on 9/20/21 to work a bathroom that is 7'10in x 15'1in. The job consisted of mold removal and restoration. After 5 or 6 sub-contractors, here we are 5/31/22 and my bathroom is still incomplete. I have been provided with false promises, misinformation, and continuous excuses for delays. The workmanship has been less than mediocre hence the 5 to 6 sub-contractors. The carpet was cut too far into the bedroom to where the entire room needs to be replaced and they tried to get the insurance to pay for their mistake. I have reached out to several other companies about this job and have been told that it should have only taken a few weeks to complete. Even the PM and the PMs boss said the same thing but in 8 months, my bathroom is not close to being finished. From poorly installed drywall to cracked/damaged door panels it has been a nightmare to say the least. I would steer clear of this company.

Paul Davis author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Paul Davis is a national line of full-service restoration companies. The business’s services include fire, water and mold restoration services.

• Variety: Paul Davis offers not only mold removal expertise, but also fire, remodeling and water damage services.

• Convenience: Paul Davis has a nationwide network, so it’s easy to find a franchise when needed. In addition, the company offers 24/7 emergency services for when customers need help with mold quickly.

• Extra services: Paul Davis offers a slew of additional services for water damage, including the cleaning of personal belongings.

• Customer service: There are many Paul Davis franchises, so the quality of customer service at each depends on the staff. It’s hard to predict the level of service without having experience with the particular franchise.

• Cost: Paul Davis is a relatively pricey mold removal company and restoration due to its prevalence and experience.

Paul Davis Company Information