Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.89/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Paul Davis Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paul Davis?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paul Davis?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

One of the worst experiences in my life. Totally unprofessional and inept. Blamed the insurance company for their shortcomings. Rude when asked questions. Never knew when they would be coming. Never lived up to a schedule. Hired inferior subcontractors. Poor workmanship with no supervision nor checks on work by Paul Davis. We hired another company to correct their ineptitude. Beware to anyone who uses Paul Davis. Stay clear!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

My family hired this company after our commercial property experienced a fire. The work took longer than originally promised. The clean up work also was not complete per what was agreed upon in the contract. I've tried several times to work with the franchise/owner (Wilson Tomala, owner of the Norcross, GA location) and he has been unwilling to honor the agreement. I've even contacted the corporate office and they have been of no help. I've basically been told they have no authority over the franchisees. Unbelievable! He hired a subcontractor and did only partial clean up, in my opinion to save money. As I'm told he was cash strap due to the pandemic. Totally unreasonable and unwilling to complete the job! Foolishly I paid in full and learned after paying that there is still debris left in my building. I would NEVER recommend this company!

Get buying tips about Mold Removal and Remediation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

INSURANCE CLAIM REMEDIATION/RESTORATION OF WATER DAMAGE IN KITCHEN: The project took 11+ weeks instead of the 7-8 weeks estimated. About 12 feet of cabinets were demoed to be replaced with newly built units. Problem is they did not "blueprint" or document the existing before demo, so days later, the restoration carpenter had nothing but an old photo I happened to have. Demo team trashed key pieces of the cabinet drawers that carpenter needed. Cabinets took longer as a result.

Restoration project manager (PM) never produced a schedule. I was pulling teeth to even get a two-day look-ahead, which was never right. PM managed everything by "hand-waiving". Extremely poor communication by the PM as to what the heck was going on. PM did not follow-up on things committed to just days earlier. Zero in writing or in notes - even though we all recognize that plans may change. But that's only if you have a "plan". Subs showed up not knowing what to do, what was next, when they should come next, when a certain item was to be completed etc.

Same subs had to return multiple times to do an hour of work. First thing the subs did upon arrival was to ask me what to do and what’s going on. Subs were not even aware of what their full scope of work was. I had several days of zero activity and no kitchen. Some scope items were ignored. PM only did occasional unannounced 10-minute drive by’s and overall coordination was nonexistent.

Frankly it got to the point that little the PM said was trustworthy. I never got the final site cleanup that we discussed. I had to do a lot of the clean-up myself. PM exhibited a hostile demeanor early in the restoration. PM was non-responsive and uninterested in emails regarding our concerns or questions. The "content manipulation" scope item is a joke. Even what paperwork they produced was sloppy. Honestly, I saw ZERO value in their overhead and profit markup. If an insurance claim were not involved, I would have stopped everything and kicked them off my property early on. One star is too many.

Original review: May 4, 2020

My mom house roof caved in while she was in a nursing home, the insurance company recommended Paul Davis, this company took almost half the money up front, it took them almost 2 years to sheet rock and the repair its original form, it was a nightmare. These people subcontract the bottom of the barrier to come out and work on your house, I had cameras watching them work, they were terrible, one guy dropped a refrigerator he has taken out and denied it, I showed the tape to a lawyer I had to hire to make them finish the job correctly. Jason one of the project managers sold us a bunch of lies, pretending that Paul Davis had their own employees, when they go out and hire different contractors for all their jobs. I had to threaten them with the media, when they packed our furniture they broke expensive statues and did not want to reimburse us. We lost about $25,000, run, run.

Original review: April 21, 2020

The mitigation for water damage was amazing. Our Paul Davis contact was at our location many times, and always gave me notice of what would happen next and when to expect it. The Reconstruction services were a nightmare. Our Paul Davis contact was at our location once, prior to his crew starting. He rarely, if ever, kept me in the loop. I often called him asking the status and what to expect and when. He never even came at the end of the repairs to see how they were done or if we were happy with them. They painted 2 rooms incorrectly. One the complete wrong color that didn't match the other walls, and the other room in a different shade. I spent several hours cleaning up spackle and dust marks, because the project took several months to complete.

All the sudden I got a bill, still thinking the work was not complete, nor complete to my satisfaction. Wouldn't the main contact come to see what was or wasn't completed. Still not to this day. I wish they sent out a satisfaction survey after. I don't understand how this person still holds his position. Very, very disappointing. I will never use their services again. I think they were very overpriced for the level of service we received.

Original review: April 15, 2020

I had a terrible experience with this company. They were on my insurance company's "preferred" list for an emergency roof leak. AFTER they recommended to replace the roof without looking at it, the SAME EXACT leak happened again. They refused to discount or refund the unnecessary work. They recommended a new wood floor which was not necessary after their own contractor examined it. I had to fight for refunds for work that was on the original quote that was never completed. My home inspector found several aspects of the roof that were incomplete or inadequate. One example: they did not follow standard nail-spacing practices between shingles.

As you can imagine if the big things were a disaster, there is a slew of little things that went wrong along the way to prolong this project. They demanded payment before their work was done, and they drug their feet for the extended warranty they promised for the untrustworthy work after they finally finished it. I recommend NOBODY works with this company and will be working to have them removed from this large insurer's preferred list.

Original review: April 14, 2020

My hot water heater leaked and damaged the floors. This company tore my floors apart, moved the furniture, and left it that way for three months. Unknown to me, they finally installed the cheapest laminate in the room. It has curled up and is a mess. I have to replace it myself now. FYI, I am a widowed senior citizen who was quite ill at the time. I found their representatives and workers to be rude and inattentive most of the time.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Paul Davis had rating sheet signed within 1st month. They said they needed to pull off job for 4 other floods returned after 3 months. Mold increased and attic never past test. End job disaster out $$K.

Original review: March 18, 2020

We had trouble with communication from the beginning, getting contradictory information from each person. No work at all for 2-3 weeks while Paul Davis negotiates with insurance company and we lived with rough concrete floor. Finally work got done and done nicely for the most part. While furniture was being moved in and lots of people around the Project Manager asked me to sign the work completed form. He basically said “It looks nice, right? So sign that we finished the job.” In the chaos I signed, forgetting that dishwasher was not going to be reinstalled until the next week (after it has been promised same day). Project Manager also asked me to give them a rating right away, urging me to give them a 9 or a 10 because an 8 would be considered a failure. Again, I was pleased with the floor and glad to have the project done so I did the rating and gave them a 9.

Dishwasher was to have been installed at 9:00 on Monday so I was there to be sure everything went OK. Didn’t happen, postponed until Tuesday. But he assured me I didn’t need to be there. So for the first time since the project started I slept in and didn’t go to the house. Only late this evening did I learn that the dishwasher DIDN’T FIT as I had consistently been assured it would. WITHOUT CALLING ME, the plumber and Project Manager cut into our kitchen counter top to make it fit. We’d bought a brand new dishwasher for almost $500 as well as a pan. We could easily have chosen to have the old one repaired for $250-300 instead if we’d known the new one wouldn’t fit. And we would probably never have played cutting into the countertop. But because we were not consulted, I lost those options. Jacob and I have been in almost daily contact for the last week or so and I was available all day. I could have been there within 20 minutes if I had been called!

You feel like I’ve been conned into signing the completion paper and giving a good rating then been left with a mess in the kitchen. I believe we deserve either a suitable repair or restoration. But the Project Manager is now saying OUR CLAIM IS CLOSED. I know, my error in signing the form but also poor work and communication on the Project Manager’s part! My rating would now be a three.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

If I could leave zero stars I would. Where do I begin? We had a house fire in December 2017 and unfortunately this company was recommended to us. We are still dealing with the consequences of their incomplete work. There is no accountability and their GM Brock **, has proved that he does not care about their lack of customer service and irresponsibility of their project manager. I could provide a long list of the items that were incomplete or just not done. It took many emails and complaints to get anything fixed, and most of what was promised was not done. They also did not communicate anything to us unless we reached out first. They blew our project off initially. While we thought they were supposed to be working on our house, they were in fact doing NOTHING. The received no communication or witnessed no work from May-Sept 2018 because their designer quit and no one was being held accountable.

Our home was supposed to be complete 10/31. They continued to drag their feet and show how irresponsible they are. They even forgot to put in hose bibs (which is mandatory to pass inspection) and somehow their inspector missed it? My husband caught it. When they went to install them they destroyed landscaping, ripped out a bush and left it in the middle of the yard. When we told them about it, they said they would remove it and never did. We had to remove it ourselves. Who does that kind of shoddy work? We had to decide to fix the remaining items they left undone because it was so labor intensive to get them to do what they were contracted to do. What an awful company. Would not recommend to anyone, especially if you are going through a trauma such as a house fire.

Paul Davis author review by ConsumerAffairs

Paul Davis is a national line of full-service restoration companies. The business’s services include fire, water and mold restoration services.

• Variety: Paul Davis offers not only mold removal expertise, but also fire, remodeling and water damage services.

• Convenience: Paul Davis has a nationwide network, so it’s easy to find a franchise when needed. In addition, the company offers 24/7 emergency services for when customers need help with mold quickly.

• Extra services: Paul Davis offers a slew of additional services for water damage, including the cleaning of personal belongings.

• Customer service: There are many Paul Davis franchises, so the quality of customer service at each depends on the staff. It’s hard to predict the level of service without having experience with the particular franchise.

• Cost: Paul Davis is a relatively pricey mold removal company and restoration due to its prevalence and experience.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team