3.6/5 (137 ratings)

About Paul Davis

Paul Davis Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paul Davis?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paul Davis?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

Paul Davis was recommended by my homeowner's insurance company to restore cabinets, counter tops, dry wall and stucco damage resulting from a water leak because they were inexpensive. The initial meeting prior to signing the contract, Mr. Davis himself made (2) promises in addition to the insurance adjuster's list of needed repairs at no additional costs. Once we signed the contract, Paul Davis backed out of the promises claiming he didn't realize how much it would cost.

Additionally, and huge!!!! Paul Davis agreed to to honor the insurance company claims adjuster's list to repair in his contract. However, Paul Davis failed to honor the full contract. Yet, Paul Davis hired an attorney to force my wife and I to pay for a job that was not completed. Note: Paul Davis stated that he was not going to finish the kitchen cabinets repair because he didn't expect the cost to exceed his original estimate. We had to hire someone else to complete the job because we had a wedding coming up in our home. I do NOT recommend Paul Davis Restoration of the Inland Empire!!!!

Original review: July 21, 2021

Hired Paul Davis Tampa to do renovation from an AC handler leak. Project "Manager" Andres (apparently they use the term very loosely) complete lack of communication, laziness and total lack of interest in the project should have been a warning sign. The following is a list of some of the issues we experienced. Please read on to the last one. It is the most dangerous and disturbing aspect having hired this company.

1. Contractors showing up around 10 am only to say leaving to go to Home Depot for supplies. One hour round trip from my home. When I mentioned this I was told that was standard procedure. Really!!!

2. Painters doing electrical work. Self explanatory.

3. Attempting to cut tile indoors without any containment. When I insisted they do something again they went to Home Depot. Only to return without proper containment kit(s). Instead a roll of fine mill plastic sheeting and painter's tape. Needless to say the much if not most of the tile dust escaped into the house.

4. Pressure from "manager" to consider removing three plus rooms of tile instead of the 300 or so sq ft necessary because tile had been discontinued. Insisted could not find enough tile and if he could it probably would not match existing tile. I contacted the manufacturer and in a 2 minute phone call found 2000 sq ft of it available. Even went as far to tell us they could pack up all the rooms and transport it all to their warehouse for storage. Then demo all the good tile and replace with a tile selected from their showroom. All I could hear was commission, commission $$$! Tile was perfect match 100%.

5. On several occasions sent a contractor alone to do work who spoke no English at all. Unfortunately I only speak English.

6. Contractors often showed up without clear instructions on what they were supposed to do. Homeowner has to act as manager and supervisor.

7. MOST IMPORTANTLY: Homeowner may need to have a means of protecting themselves and their family. Contractor arrived alone to start work shortly after I realized another guy was in my house. Only expecting the one guy to work that day. Ok, went out to my garage and found two ladies sitting in the middle of my garage with laptops and food. Asked Andres to ask them to leave. At first he refused and and after a lengthy text and telephone exchange called the contractor. Contractor became extremely irritated slamming things on the floor of garage and cursing at me in Spanish. I confronted him and explained to him and his helper my reason for asking apparently their wives to leave.

I asked how long to finish was told one hour. Desperate to get this horrific ordeal over with I told them to finish ASAP. I pulled up the Sheriff's phone number on my laptop and got out a loaded handgun and tucked it into my waistband. You NEVER PUT A CLIENT/HOMEOWNER IN HARMS WAY! If a homeowner contacts you and is not comfortable with a situation or worker in their home YOU GET THEM OUT IMMEDIATELY! I was fortunate this situation did not escalate, however someone else may not be so fortunate.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I had a roof leak in March of this year. Progressive insurance referred me to Paul Davis, so I called them. They came out and covered the damaged area the same day and were real responsive in the beginning, so I request a quote so I could have it done quickly before more damage was done. I finally got a quote from them to roof my house and repaint the damaged area close to the end of April a month later. Once I found out what my insurance would cover. I had a second quote made to take out the re-painting. I received the second quote a week later. After another week or so and signing the work authorization forms for them to do the work. I was sent another quote because the estimator forgot to include the rigid cap, if you don't know roofs look up what a rigid cap is.

Through-out the whole month of May I was told anywhere from two weeks to 3-4 weeks before I would have my roof replaced. They did a check in May to make sure my roof wasn't leaking more, one of the guys that showed up looked to be spaced out of his mind and wouldn't trust him in my house for anything. Finally, after several calls to the direct office my roof was replaced right at two months from when the papers were signed. They dropped off the wrong vent flashing, the dumpster wasn't here when the roofers showed up.

It took this place over two weeks to send me an invoice, I sent the check certified mail so I could ensure they were paid, it took them less than 24 hours to clear the check through my bank, and still have a half a box or so flashing sitting beside my house. If you need a roof deal with a company that does roofing, everyone involved with my roof were companies they sub-contracted anyhow. I have kept all documentation and emails just in case something comes up when the sub-contractors don't get paid. Not to mention they will over quote you. I found out after the fact I could have save almost 2k for my roof by going somewhere else and actually could of had it done in less than two weeks.

Original review: June 23, 2021

We were under the direction of Liberty Mutual to use this company since this was a homeowners claim. This small water damaged project has been ongoing Since March 15th, 2021 and the project is still not completed as of June 23rd, 2021. Every step of the way we have had to supervise all of the work. They do not follow through and the contact is obsolete. Worst experience we have ever encountered.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Paul Davis crew came out and put a tarp and sandbags on our roof in November 2020. Today when we were removing the sandbags, we were SHOCKED to find their crew had taken the anchor rope for our boat anchor and cut it up to secure the sandbags to the tarp. The rope costs about $25.00 to replace, but that is not the point. It was in our garage, so the crew was in there looking around then took the rope without our permission. What kind of people are they sending out to do this work?!? They knew what they were coming here to do, why was it necessary they take and use our personal property? This behavior is completely unprofessional and unacceptable.

Original review: April 29, 2021

They left an absolute mess, kept fans on 24/7 in spots that did not need to be dried so that they could charge my insurance company more money, did not open parts of the wall that should've been opened from Day 1 (insurance rep had to get involved), and blatantly lied to my insurance agent about when they finally removed the fans, telling him that the fans were removed on a certain date/time not knowing that the insurance agent was at my home at that exact date/time.

They also fired the person who initially came to assist us after two days because he actually opened the walls and ceilings to assess the damage whereas the other two who came only wanted to use fans and not open anything. When we broached them about this, their attitude came across as hostile and I felt awkward being in my own home. They charged my insurance company $6k for about 4 hours of real work, terrible quality, and almost a full week of fans operating at decibels that damage hearing. Unquestionably the least professional company I have ever had the misfortune of doing business with.

Original review: March 16, 2021

Paul Davis is on home owner's insurance preferred contractor list, provides cheaper price to competitors to have the job from insurance, asking the money in advance and then abandon the job or poorly executing the job. I found thousand of same insurance-contractor scam running through the country with the same company-Paul Davis Restoration. Also read the ratings of Paul Davis.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I've owned houses with many years with hiring many. They are the worst I've ever had. If you consider hiring do yourself a favor and don't think. Not professional, lack of communication, very rude or not helpful at all. Paul Davis brings you headaches, long delays, no phone replies over months, overpriced with items charged but not done, 1.5 year job that should have taken less than half that time, horrible quality of work, labor with shady workers and ways and did not fix defective workmanship they promised. I would give them a zero if I could. I only lived there a few months and the counter is buckling and half the kitchen floor is coming apart. They said they would fix it months ago and never called back.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I hired Paul Davis restoration after someone fire bombed our house. I found them to be dedicated to restoration in a very professional manner. Their work was above and beyond. We have return to a nearly rebuild house and I would recommend them without question. The management and staff are truly professionals. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

To whom it may concern: My name is JR ** and I would like to tell you about my experience with Paul Davis Restoration. So we were right in the middle of the Tick Canyon Fires in Oct 2019. A Paul Davis associate lives right up the street from me so naturally I would have thought of supporting the neighborhood and all. The very first meeting we had scheduled was cancelled only after I called the estimator 15 minutes after the scheduled meeting. He was very busy as a result of the fires so I rescheduled… Guess what, he was a no show again, only to arrive an hour later once I called him to find out if he was still going to show up. Although he missed or was late multiple times throughout (he has a son that plays basketball and he coaches him), the process went ok after that as far as the timeliness of the work performed, mostly!

They brought in several companies the clean our house from top to bottom, they replaced all of my attic insulation (they had to reschedule because they didn’t bring sufficient product for the job), because the airdrops that were occurring on top of the high winds, our house was a target of the bright pink "Phos-check" all over my house, a company was brought in the pressure wash the entire house top to bottom. So lots of work going on. The insulation company also dirtied our walls, soiled our carpets and knocked a picture off the wall in the staircase as well. I took it upon myself to re-clean the carpets and fixed and rehung the picture myself.

During that period of time where multiple contractors coming in and out of our house daily, there was quite a bit of damage incurred by the contractors (some mentioned above), a separate large family picture was mishandled and dropped on the floor shattering the glass, a focal point window covering was broken to the point where it is unusable (we just leave it in the down position because it's no longer functioning), I have several valuable bobble head collectables where at least two were broken, all of the external woodwork was pressure washed to the point where there are large areas where there is no longer any paint of the wood so it is bare to the elements now), the stucco on the outside was damaged by the Phos-check and the pressure washing, there are other things that were damaged but I think my point is being made.

So as we came to the end of the what they referred to as the "Clean up" stage, I began to have the conversations with the estimator about the repairs that needed to be made once the “clean up” was completed. That seemed to me so I did not become concerned at that time that I had asked multiple times with no good answer. But I did ask him when they would be coming out to fix the damage, he then indicated to me that he was part of the “clean up” crew and there was a “repair/rebuild” part of the project and that person would reach out to me very soon. I was reluctant at that point especially when he presented me with the sign off document that his part of the job was completed, again sounded reasonable to me.

When time came to pay the bill, I had a very minor communication issue with my mortgage company/Insurance company (both reputable companies), all of which were Covid-19 related. It was hard to be able to contact anyone by this time. In addition, I work for a large corporation where I am required to come into work daily (7 days/week) as I am considered an essential worker so communication with my financial institutions became even more difficult. It was really starting to get hairy with the world wide pandemic all the while I kept in contact with my mortgage/insurance companies as to get payment to Paul Davis as soon as possible.

The person I was dealing with became decidedly aggravated with the situation so I thought setting up a three way call with all involved would prove prudent. Seemed like the right thing to do at the time and situation. Well, I won't repeat the language he used in my letter as this may be read by someone sensitive but the language he used during the call was so offensive the representative on the phone hung up abruptly. I called her back and she indicated she wouldn’t tolerate bad language and had authority to hang up. I told her I didn’t blame her but I apologized and went about my day. Something like… I want my XX**** money!

I also receive multiple threatening emails that they would be forced to send us to collections if we didn't pay immediately. As mentioned I work for a major corporation and understand needed to pay timely but there are times where stuff just happens. I don't know about you but I don't have $30,000 just sitting around just in case of something like this rare exception comes up! Paul Davis received their money only days after this outburst by the person I was dealing with so really uncalled for in my opinion. The funny thing is he offered me unsolicited business advice by stating if I had a customer that owed me $30,000, I would have done the same thing. Well as an individual who has responsibility to an $80+mm dollar area, I would never raise my voice, use bad language and make threats to a person if they don't pay NOW! Needless to say this was not advice I was willing to adopt.

Finally as part of the "promises" Paul Davis Company made me… Shortly after the fires were extinguished the fire department came out and assisted us with getting as much of the pink chemical off our house as possible. This seemed helpful until we went back to the kitchen only find >3” of water in on the kitchen floor as a result of the high pressure water being used to clean the Phos-check form the back of our house. The water came in through the sliding glass door and covered the kitchen floor. Luckily we noticed it right away and quickly sopped up the water, but the damage was done. All of the lower kick plates of our kitchen cabinets were stained and discolored.

The weird part of this was all along I continued to ask about the damage and wanted to know when that would be completed. At a point right before I was tricked into signing off of the "clean up" part of the project, I asked one last time about our kitchen kick plates and the estimator got real excited and told me that my insurance company had been pushing back on that part of the project but that his manager had just told him that Paul Davis Company would cover the repair as we had already spent more than $100,000 in clean up and it wouldn't be costly to replace the damaged/discolored wood. I have that in writing by the way in a text conversation with the estimator. That sounded reasonable to me so I signed off on the "clean up" part of the project.

Now to the "rebuilding" part to the project… Well I was done with my relationship with the estimator (he ghosted me once I asked him to help me with the kitchen repair and remind his manager that they promised to replace the damaged/discolored wood) so thought it made sense to contact the estimator's manager which I attempted multiple times. So I'm thinking all of my exterior trim would be repainted due to the high pressure washing (paint was 3 years old by the way) to remove the pink fire retardant, I'm thinking we’re going to be contacted by someone that can confirm the damage/broken items incurred by the contractors and lastly a company that would be working on my kitchen cabinets.

Nothing but crickets for weeks. So I reached out again to the manager via text and told him of all of the issues in this letter. He responded that "This was the first time he is hearing of any of this" and if I could be patient he would address each concern and get back to me on Tuesday... Perfect! Well if he would have responded it would have been perfect. I text him on Thursday May 28, 2020 and have yet to hear back from him. I text him a couple of weeks later thinking he meant a different Tuesday but still nothing. What really sucks is I live about 20 houses from this guy and I get to see him coming and going and he won't even make eye contact, he knows the way he/Paul Davis has treated us. All I want is my house put back to the way it was before the October 2019 Tick Fire in Santa Clarita.

Sincerely,

JR **

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

So we had water damage from our upstairs bathroom to our downstairs bathroom. My insurance company suggested Paul Davis restoration. Kyle came out and reviewed everything and said, "Oh you have a busted pipe," WITHOUT tearing open the ceiling to confirm the pipe was leaking and said, "You need a plumber." So I hired a plumber. Plumber comes out and says, "No you don’t have a leaking pipe. I have no idea how he came up with that," saying every restoration company they deal with will examine the area to make sure it’s a leaking pipe. Turned out that the water was leaking thru the grout of the tub. So I had to pay the plumber for coming out so this made me upset.

Then Kyle once again said, "We can get someone out there to work on this right away. We should have this done within a week." 2 weeks later finally the tearing up our bathroom and drying out the floors it was done. Was going to hire them to do the repairs but again Kyle said, "We could come out next week, get this done within a week," again lied to once again. He kept promising and NOT delivering. They hire people that constantly lie.

I have my elderly father living with us and I had to put him in a hotel for 6 weeks before I could get everything done start to finish because we had no bathroom for him to use. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE customer service. Also when I had talk to him the last week Before moving the fans Over the phone Kyle raised his voice with me because I called him out on his lies. I told him it was not ok to scream at your customers and that was very unprofessional. He said, "You're right Heidi. I’m sorry. We will be out there tomorrow to pick up our equipment then you can move forward with the contractor of your choice."

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

After a fire on Feb 25th, 2019, Paul Davis (London) still has not finalized my claim. It was a small electrical fire with most of the damage being soot and smoke. They initially estimated the damage at $168K but have invoiced my insurer for $225K in repairs. Several of the contractors who did repairs did not receive payment for over 6 months, and only upon threat of legal action did some of them get paid. Their appraisal of the damage was incorrect, underestimating the actual quality of the damage. They damaged some of the goods that they salvaged from the fire. It took them over 7 months to become active in the repairs. And it took them 6 months to partially complete the re-build. They owe me roughly $20k for materials I purchased for the re-build. And ONLY NOW 6 months after I moved back in are they demanding to see receipts for materials I bought. The competence of this company at the management level is deplorable.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

One of the worst experiences in my life. Totally unprofessional and inept. Blamed the insurance company for their shortcomings. Rude when asked questions. Never knew when they would be coming. Never lived up to a schedule. Hired inferior subcontractors. Poor workmanship with no supervision nor checks on work by Paul Davis. We hired another company to correct their ineptitude. Beware to anyone who uses Paul Davis. Stay clear!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

My family hired this company after our commercial property experienced a fire. The work took longer than originally promised. The clean up work also was not complete per what was agreed upon in the contract. I've tried several times to work with the franchise/owner (Wilson Tomala, owner of the Norcross, GA location) and he has been unwilling to honor the agreement. I've even contacted the corporate office and they have been of no help. I've basically been told they have no authority over the franchisees. Unbelievable! He hired a subcontractor and did only partial clean up, in my opinion to save money. As I'm told he was cash strap due to the pandemic. Totally unreasonable and unwilling to complete the job! Foolishly I paid in full and learned after paying that there is still debris left in my building. I would NEVER recommend this company!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

INSURANCE CLAIM REMEDIATION/RESTORATION OF WATER DAMAGE IN KITCHEN: The project took 11+ weeks instead of the 7-8 weeks estimated. About 12 feet of cabinets were demoed to be replaced with newly built units. Problem is they did not "blueprint" or document the existing before demo, so days later, the restoration carpenter had nothing but an old photo I happened to have. Demo team trashed key pieces of the cabinet drawers that carpenter needed. Cabinets took longer as a result.

Restoration project manager (PM) never produced a schedule. I was pulling teeth to even get a two-day look-ahead, which was never right. PM managed everything by "hand-waiving". Extremely poor communication by the PM as to what the heck was going on. PM did not follow-up on things committed to just days earlier. Zero in writing or in notes - even though we all recognize that plans may change. But that's only if you have a "plan". Subs showed up not knowing what to do, what was next, when they should come next, when a certain item was to be completed etc.

Same subs had to return multiple times to do an hour of work. First thing the subs did upon arrival was to ask me what to do and what’s going on. Subs were not even aware of what their full scope of work was. I had several days of zero activity and no kitchen. Some scope items were ignored. PM only did occasional unannounced 10-minute drive by’s and overall coordination was nonexistent.

Frankly it got to the point that little the PM said was trustworthy. I never got the final site cleanup that we discussed. I had to do a lot of the clean-up myself. PM exhibited a hostile demeanor early in the restoration. PM was non-responsive and uninterested in emails regarding our concerns or questions. The "content manipulation" scope item is a joke. Even what paperwork they produced was sloppy. Honestly, I saw ZERO value in their overhead and profit markup. If an insurance claim were not involved, I would have stopped everything and kicked them off my property early on. One star is too many.

Original review: May 4, 2020

My mom house roof caved in while she was in a nursing home, the insurance company recommended Paul Davis, this company took almost half the money up front, it took them almost 2 years to sheet rock and the repair its original form, it was a nightmare. These people subcontract the bottom of the barrier to come out and work on your house, I had cameras watching them work, they were terrible, one guy dropped a refrigerator he has taken out and denied it, I showed the tape to a lawyer I had to hire to make them finish the job correctly. Jason one of the project managers sold us a bunch of lies, pretending that Paul Davis had their own employees, when they go out and hire different contractors for all their jobs. I had to threaten them with the media, when they packed our furniture they broke expensive statues and did not want to reimburse us. We lost about $25,000, run, run.

Original review: April 21, 2020

The mitigation for water damage was amazing. Our Paul Davis contact was at our location many times, and always gave me notice of what would happen next and when to expect it. The Reconstruction services were a nightmare. Our Paul Davis contact was at our location once, prior to his crew starting. He rarely, if ever, kept me in the loop. I often called him asking the status and what to expect and when. He never even came at the end of the repairs to see how they were done or if we were happy with them. They painted 2 rooms incorrectly. One the complete wrong color that didn't match the other walls, and the other room in a different shade. I spent several hours cleaning up spackle and dust marks, because the project took several months to complete.

All the sudden I got a bill, still thinking the work was not complete, nor complete to my satisfaction. Wouldn't the main contact come to see what was or wasn't completed. Still not to this day. I wish they sent out a satisfaction survey after. I don't understand how this person still holds his position. Very, very disappointing. I will never use their services again. I think they were very overpriced for the level of service we received.

Original review: April 15, 2020

I had a terrible experience with this company. They were on my insurance company's "preferred" list for an emergency roof leak. AFTER they recommended to replace the roof without looking at it, the SAME EXACT leak happened again. They refused to discount or refund the unnecessary work. They recommended a new wood floor which was not necessary after their own contractor examined it. I had to fight for refunds for work that was on the original quote that was never completed. My home inspector found several aspects of the roof that were incomplete or inadequate. One example: they did not follow standard nail-spacing practices between shingles.

As you can imagine if the big things were a disaster, there is a slew of little things that went wrong along the way to prolong this project. They demanded payment before their work was done, and they drug their feet for the extended warranty they promised for the untrustworthy work after they finally finished it. I recommend NOBODY works with this company and will be working to have them removed from this large insurer's preferred list.

Original review: April 14, 2020

My hot water heater leaked and damaged the floors. This company tore my floors apart, moved the furniture, and left it that way for three months. Unknown to me, they finally installed the cheapest laminate in the room. It has curled up and is a mess. I have to replace it myself now. FYI, I am a widowed senior citizen who was quite ill at the time. I found their representatives and workers to be rude and inattentive most of the time.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Paul Davis had rating sheet signed within 1st month. They said they needed to pull off job for 4 other floods returned after 3 months. Mold increased and attic never past test. End job disaster out $$K.

Original review: March 18, 2020

We had trouble with communication from the beginning, getting contradictory information from each person. No work at all for 2-3 weeks while Paul Davis negotiates with insurance company and we lived with rough concrete floor. Finally work got done and done nicely for the most part. While furniture was being moved in and lots of people around the Project Manager asked me to sign the work completed form. He basically said “It looks nice, right? So sign that we finished the job.” In the chaos I signed, forgetting that dishwasher was not going to be reinstalled until the next week (after it has been promised same day). Project Manager also asked me to give them a rating right away, urging me to give them a 9 or a 10 because an 8 would be considered a failure. Again, I was pleased with the floor and glad to have the project done so I did the rating and gave them a 9.

Dishwasher was to have been installed at 9:00 on Monday so I was there to be sure everything went OK. Didn’t happen, postponed until Tuesday. But he assured me I didn’t need to be there. So for the first time since the project started I slept in and didn’t go to the house. Only late this evening did I learn that the dishwasher DIDN’T FIT as I had consistently been assured it would. WITHOUT CALLING ME, the plumber and Project Manager cut into our kitchen counter top to make it fit. We’d bought a brand new dishwasher for almost $500 as well as a pan. We could easily have chosen to have the old one repaired for $250-300 instead if we’d known the new one wouldn’t fit. And we would probably never have played cutting into the countertop. But because we were not consulted, I lost those options. Jacob and I have been in almost daily contact for the last week or so and I was available all day. I could have been there within 20 minutes if I had been called!

You feel like I’ve been conned into signing the completion paper and giving a good rating then been left with a mess in the kitchen. I believe we deserve either a suitable repair or restoration. But the Project Manager is now saying OUR CLAIM IS CLOSED. I know, my error in signing the form but also poor work and communication on the Project Manager’s part! My rating would now be a three.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

If I could leave zero stars I would. Where do I begin? We had a house fire in December 2017 and unfortunately this company was recommended to us. We are still dealing with the consequences of their incomplete work. There is no accountability and their GM Brock **, has proved that he does not care about their lack of customer service and irresponsibility of their project manager. I could provide a long list of the items that were incomplete or just not done. It took many emails and complaints to get anything fixed, and most of what was promised was not done. They also did not communicate anything to us unless we reached out first. They blew our project off initially. While we thought they were supposed to be working on our house, they were in fact doing NOTHING. The received no communication or witnessed no work from May-Sept 2018 because their designer quit and no one was being held accountable.

Our home was supposed to be complete 10/31. They continued to drag their feet and show how irresponsible they are. They even forgot to put in hose bibs (which is mandatory to pass inspection) and somehow their inspector missed it? My husband caught it. When they went to install them they destroyed landscaping, ripped out a bush and left it in the middle of the yard. When we told them about it, they said they would remove it and never did. We had to remove it ourselves. Who does that kind of shoddy work? We had to decide to fix the remaining items they left undone because it was so labor intensive to get them to do what they were contracted to do. What an awful company. Would not recommend to anyone, especially if you are going through a trauma such as a house fire.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I cannot emphasise this enough: make sure you get a definite price quote from them BEFORE they begin work. I cannot prove that their pricing is suspect, but I certainly feel cheated by this company. Moreover, the owner is rude and aggressive. There are many options out there for home restoration. Do yourself a favour and stay away from this one.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I had them come over to deal with a flood. First problem was they used a hose with a hole in it to drain water from furnace room to the sink in my family room. It flooded my family room...made the problem much worse. Carpet and floor was soaked. Had to run loud dryers for days. Only one worker did anything. The second walked around my backyard smoking. I was billed equally for two. I asked them to check for what I felt was mold. They said there was none. They didn't pull the insulation and do a proper inspection. Mold was actually covering my ceiling... confirmed by the second company I hired to treat it.

They charged me for fans to dry out cabinets then charged me to take them out. That they never could have been saved. I asked them not to take any garbage. They took a bag and charged me hundreds of dollars. Finally, when I told them I no longer wanted their help they sent two little girls to pick up the fans and a 2 dehumidifier to take back to their office approx 30 k away. They billed me 8 hours to pick up equipment and another 2 to clean it. I could have dropped it off or they could have sent one person. Pick up cost me 400.00!!!! I paid a bill of 3146.00 for 22 hours of overcharges. I had to hire another company to do it right. Never trust this company!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

This might be the worst company I have ever dealt with. My house burned 11 years ago and State Farm recommended Paul Davis and I said ok. I realize now it was the worst decision I’ve ever made. They cut corners in everything they did even though I was overinsured. I was forced to battle them in every step of the rebuild and when they were done it was apparent they just wanted to finish and there was no attention to detail whatsoever. After 11 years I am still discovering examples of their shoddy work and have spent tens of thousands of dollars fixing the mistakes they made. Avoid them at all costs.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Fist off understand this is ongoing. So we had roof damage that caused a leak in two of our rooms and hallway 12/1/19. Nexxus Solutions Group, through my insurance, sent out Paul Davis Restoration out of Stockton Ca. They came out, tarped our room and made a plan for removing the damaged ceiling and walls. Per my insistence they removed more than expected in the ceiling and found mold. As for the walls it's routine to drill holes and run fans to dry it if there is no insulation. With the mold however they weren't able to run fans and store out the drywall on one wall. They did the mold remediation, and everything past.

Never having had to deal with anything like this before I thought all was well. At this point the only problem I had had was with one staff member in the office. She was rude and if she didn't know the answer to a question she would give a wrong answer or get snippy. EVERYONE who came to my home was polite and respectful. There were policy limitations for the mold, $2500, and the original estimate was around $1700. We proceeded with the mold work with the understanding if it was to go over the limits they were to inform me as that would be out of pocket.

Now "everything" is done on their end. A week or so has passed since they "finished". The next thing I know I'm getting a call that the final bill is ready and I owe them over $200 because it went above my limits. I was shocked! This was the first I heard about this. I asked for a detailed bill and looked it over. I was charged for things that hadn't been done! They billed $150.17 for sanding 56 square feet of flooring in one room and $287.?? for sanding the floor in the other room. It was an overcharge of $429.?? I called and talked to the office manager and told her this wasn't right, the floors were not sanded. She said she would look into it.

I called back two days later and she said she had made some adjustments but that she didn't have time to talk to me, that she would call back at the end of the week. Well that time came and no call, so I called again, she not in that day. No one knows anything about an adjustment. So I call nexxus. At this point I allowed Nexxus to take over for me. To date the bill has not been fixed. Another wall they marked for moisture was left unopened unable to dry out, more mold grew, a new company had to come fix that. The owner or the office manager won't call nexxus back. Corporate had to get involved, they still won't respond. We'll have to see how it pans out. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PAUL DAVIS!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Paul Davis was dispatched by our insurance company to evaluate whether or not we had a claim for the work to our home. The agent in Sudbury called within hours to see if we needed them NOW or if it could wait for tomorrow. It could wait and so early the next day they arrived and did an inspection. We did not have a viable claim but the inspector was friendly, professional and very thorough. He described all the steps which were exactly as stated. Very satisfied with the speed and professionalism and will be calling them for sure should we ever need them in the future. Kudos Paul Davis in Sudbury Ontario.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I told the UPC insurance adjuster if I were bidding out a job, Paul Davis would not be invited to the bid – that’s how poor they were in our insurance restoration. As it turns out Paul Davis was one of UPC’s better contractors. If that is the case, I would hate to see the folks at the bottom of the list. First, and I am sure this is a standard line to make someone feel good and that they account for something, they will tell you they can have folks onsite the next day. Well, that is myth #1, they can’t and didn’t. Most of the time all we got was, we'll get to it next week.

Paul Davis and their representative (Ron **) basically showed little to no interest in our project until it was too late and things had been done incorrectly. First, the painters showed up and had no idea what they were supposed to paint! They had no paint and had no clue what was going on. Fortunately, we’re honest and told them only what they were supposed to paint. Still, they managed to screw that up by painting over electrical outlets and getting paint on the ceramic tile floor. They also managed to toss out all of the switch and outlet covers so we had to replace them. I know that is minor but it is also representative of their attention to detail which to me is a reflection of the contractor’s (Paul Davis) attention.

Paul Davis’s tile person was the absolute worse. Not only can he not lay tile but he cleaned up his equipment in our landscaping! So, imagine all the gray mortar in your black mulch and on your plants (one of ours died due to all the mortar on it). He also got mortar on the red brick paver driveway and was supposed to clean it up, which he didn’t. The floor was so bad Paul Davis had to bring in a second tile person who did a little better. But by that time, I wanted all these people out of the house (took 2 months to correct which is absurd). I cannot recommend this company. They are very poor in customer service and caring about a quality job.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I read all the reviews and decided to stop working with them. They never gave me a contract and just moved forward with the repairs. My insurance company recommended them so they thought they were hired. I never hired them and have no contracts signed. Read the reviews, they are an extremely dishonest company and you will have sleepless nights worrying about your home and your possessions. It is not worth it to work with them. Never, ever again!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Unprofessional, useless. My house got hit by the lighting in July and the insurance company assigned Paul Davis to "help" with inspection and repairs. All they do is to take pictures and bill the insurance astronomical amounts for work not done properly or partially done and when you discover one of their invoices as I did, they disappear. Avoid this company, they are not honest at all.

Paul Davis Company Information