2.28/5
Based on 71 reviews that contain star ratings

74 Judge Judy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I just got home from doing the show and can honestly say I was lied to and betrayed by the producer Luci and had my case thrown out by Judy and she didn't even know what she was talking about and was stating things she said was the law here in CA when it is not. Now I'm not going to go into detail about my case as it may violate the non-disclosure paper I signed but I will say that I was lied to and deceived and betrayed by them. Had verbal and written agreements as far as being paid my appearance fee broken.

A women that posted on here about the other person in her case filed a countersuit because the producers told her to. Well same thing happened in my case and so when I confronted Luci my producer accusing her of being behind this I was told things like, "I want this to be a positive thing for both of you," and, "I'm not like that. You will see when you meet me". Ha. None of that was true. She was behind it and the really sweet person I had talked to before we taped became the biggest well you know the minute it was done taping I was also told I couldn't talk to her after like I was told I could before we went out on set and it goes on and on. All the same as the other cases people posted on here. I am going to seek legal help. This is not over.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I HATE the Judge Judy TV show. She is so demeaning of people. Today she embarrassed herself when she did not even know what homeland security is and when she realized that she made a huge mistake, she continues to demean the woman instead of admitting she was wrong. On top of everything, Bert is now jumping on the insult wagon and treats people as bad as she does. No longer will allow the show in my home.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I've always watched the Judge Judy show growing up and I love her since I was 9 years old and back then I sometimes thought she was mean but as I got older I see that she was firm, fair, and about her business not to play games with grown ups. Today on 7/25/2018, I appear on her show and I must say I love her even more. She is amazing woman and she can sense a liar from a mile away? She like a superhuman lie detector. She is smart and funny.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I try to change the channel when it comes on, but sometimes I don't get around to it. Judge Judy is insufferable, as a judge and TV personality. She is condescending, rude and unprofessional. A judge worth their salt should be able to behave with a certain level of respect for those appearing before them. Someone in an authority position like her has a great responsibility to the people and in my opinion she abuses it. I sincerely hope these people get paid to go on this show and be publicly demeaned by her. Otherwise I don't know why they would subject themselves to this. I literally created an account just to say this. Appalling the way she treats people. I would consider her behavior bullying. This should not be tolerated, not even for the purpose of entertainment. Not in this social and political climate. Shame. Guess I'll just have to keep changing the channel.

Original review: June 28, 2018

We had a wonderful experience with everything from flights to hotel to cabs to the staff at Judge Judy’s court! Everything went off without a hitch - they’ve fine tuned this to an art of making it easy and convenient so that all we had to do was decide where to eat! Sarah and Ross were wonderful! Each kept in contact with us and answered questions within a short time (they have a very busy workload but made us feel like we were the only ones they were dealing with)! We loved the experience from getting on the plane in Tulsa to getting back to our hotel after the taping of the show! Hats off to Judge Judy and her staff! Thank you so much for this experience and we would definitely recommend this experience to anyone!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Judge Judy?

Original review: June 28, 2018

Let me first say that I lost my case on Judge Judy because she is incompetent and unknowledge of the law. She is more concerned with her ego than the truth in her courtroom which makes a mockery of the judicial system. However, I wanted to write a review in regards to the staff of the show, which is a completely different entity than the legally bound "courtroom" of Judge Judy. I was contacted by a producer of the show by the name of Sarah Smith. She informed me about the procedure and assisted me with the process. Despite dealing with multitudes of people for the show, Sarah always made me feel like a priority and like I was really important. She recognized my voice and developed a professional yet personable report with me. She answered my calls or called me back immediately always knowing who I was and the details of my case.

Now, I'm sure she deals with a lot of people all day long, but she always made me feel like I was her only client. She never rushed me off the phone and was very patient and attentive even though I am a talker and can easily ramble on. She was always there to listen to everything I had to say and address all my concerns and questions.

Ross was my travel coordinator, which kept in touch with updates via text the entire time. He was very diligent on making sure I had all my evidence prepared and ready. He was also quite thorough during the travel process maintaining a professional yet personable report in ensuring all aspects of my travel were going smoothly and all amenities were provided. It was a pleasure to finally meet Ross and Sarah when I got to the studio as I spent a lot of time getting to know both of them on the phone.

When arriving at the studio, the flow of personnel in all of the staging areas were all very competent and fluid. From initial arrival to the green room to the legal team to the waiting room to the makeup room to the staging area, every employee of the show was positive, professional, and personable, even down to the guy at the cab stand upon exiting the premise. All of the people I met were authentic and positive and I was well-received by all of them. Despite the judgment not going in my favor, this was in no way a reflection on the incredible people and sincere connections with the amazing crew on this show. I would like to thank them all for making this negative outcome such a positive experience.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The show is fake and not honest! I was contacted by Sarah (Judy's legal assistant Sarah but learned later Sarah is an producer). Sarah indicated to me that my local court submitted my case over to Judy for arbitration (I learned later false information). I did have little signs prior to appearing on the show but I ignored the signs because I believed that the show was real. For example 2 days before travel I told Sarah that I was contacting my local court to speak with. Sarah stated "whatever you do never mention Judy's name." I questioned her why when they sent the case to Judy. Sarah states, some people in the court will try to stop Judy cases because they want the case to be heard at the court to claim the case. She indicated especially an district attorney because he has to win so many cases. Ok I fell for it!

I go on to appear on the show. I get a call from Sarah saying she has bad news. My brother arrived with the defendant as her witness. Come to find out Sarah flew my out brother because the defendant was scared to fly. Agreed to cover his travel/hotel expenses to get the defendant on the show. My brother was upset because it was agreed to that he would not be involved in the matter or be apart of the show. Sarah told him to enjoy a free vacation. Which when the show aired it looks as if he was the defendant witness.

I arrive at this green warehouse... yes a warehouse not a courthouse as I was told. The cab driver say, "Ok ladies you have reached your destination." I'm asking the driver where is the courthouse. He responds no courthouse and points to a sign smaller than a stop sign that read Judge Judy. A sign that anyone not familiar with the spot and looking for, would definitely miss. I go inside was placed in a old mildew smelling room, old furniture, there was a flatscreen tv but no remote. Tried to charge my phone unfortunately the sockets did not work.

People starts running in and out. One man say to me your producer Sarah will be with you shortly. Alert in my head... Producer? Sarah presented herself as Judy legal assistant. A guy comes in with W2 forms. I questioned him why do I have to fill out W2 forms. He replies Judy is paying you to appear on the show. But I thought the pay was Judy's way of thanking me for appearing (another one of Sarah lies).

I refused to fill out W2. Another guy comes in to explain the W2. Finally Sarah the legal assistant oh let me correct Sarah the producer arrive with scripts for me. Paperwork that I brought she stated I will not need. And give me scripts telling me what and what not to say. Claimed if you say this Judy will not believe you. Judy will dig and Judy does not allow a lot of time for this or that. Sarah up the amount I was suing for. Documents I had to prove my case she said I did not need, which I knew I did. Why wouldn't I need court documentation that proved my case.

Gave me a stack of papers to walk out with. Told me to keep the script on top just in case I need to glance over it. Then she takes us to the staged courthouse inside the warehouse. Ok first thing came to mind is a live Tyler Perry show. There was the state seal present. Places a microphone inside my shirt. Told me not to lean down to speak in the microphone on the platform in front of me. The microphone was not real and does not work (basically it's a prop). What really got me is a lady instructing the audience on what to do. Had different signs holding up. One read clap, another read laugh, another ooooo. Told the audience to do whatever was on the sign when it was held up.

My brother was sitting in the audience, until a lady moved him to a seat sitting behind the defendant (another setup by Judy and staff). My brother was upset afterwards because right before taping begin a lady approached him applying makeup on him. So he was questioning if he was on camera and never received clarification. He also stated the lady who moved him stated he could not seat in the audience because those people are paid. He was very upset and told me and the defendant these people are playing you two against one another. He stated that Sarah had the defendant to file the counterclaim against my claim. Which I kind of figured there was something fishy going on. Sarah called and told me the defendant filed a counterclaim 1 day prior to us appearing on the show. Which is the reason I was going to my courthouse but I let Sarah talk me out of that.

The taping starts. Judy comes in with her own case about a Facebook post in 2016. I made several attempts to tell her that is not my lawsuit. Judy refused to hear me out. Talked all over me. Stated she did not want to hear it. Me thinking, why am I here Judy talking about something that has nothing to do with reimbursement for attorney's fees which is my lawsuit filed and what her show contacted me about. Judy did all the talking. Came out talking about 2 ladies with too much time on their hand for Facebook. Judy is fake. Make her own cases on you. Have you thinking her ruling is final but IT IS NOT.

The final interview of me exposing her show was edited out when aired. I requested to speak with Sarah, I was told I could not speak with Sarah. Copies of all documents I signed was never given to me at the end of the taping as I was told. I have emailed numerous times and no one will respond. But emailed daily and called daily lying to get me on the show.

So here is the kicker after exposing Judy at the final interview of the taping. I stated out loud I was contacting the courthouse. Judy did not hear what I filed the lawsuit for which was attorney fees reimbursement. Oh my! The staff came in on me from every direction asking to speak with me in private. Christi (over transportation) asked me to give them time to review the tape and talk to Judy. Someone stated maybe she had the case mixed up with another. But guess who appears after I was told I could not speak with her... SARAH! I completely tuned Sarah and the other staffs out at this point thinking Judy had messed my lawsuit up. I proceeded to call my local courthouse.

I spoke with a lady at the clerks of court first. To find out the court never referred my case to Judy. The court does not submit any cases to Judy. Then I asked about the continued court date Sarah gave me. Sarah informed me that Judy will send paperwork showing the court the matter was resolved and neither party has to appear on the continued date. Clerk of court tells me, "Ms. we do not work with Judy. Your case was dismissed because neither party appeared on the court date. There is no continued court date for you." Now my mouth is literally dropped to the floor. The clerk of court finally transferred the call to her supervisor.

The supervisor stated the same facts. The court never turned my case to Judy. The case was dismissed because of no show. I'm explaining to her I am at Judy show and she dismissed my case based on something that had nothing to do with attorney fees reimbursement which is my lawsuit. The lady indicates again, "Ms. we did not send your case to Judy but you can refile because it was dismissed for no show." Finally the supervisor puts me on hold to speak with the magistrate that dismissed the case. When she returned she stated the call is being transferred call to the magistrate. Again I explain everything to the magistrate. He stops me and states Ms we do not refer cases to Judy. I ask, "Well how did she receive my case?"

The magistrate explains Judy and these other shows like her are reality tv arbitrators. The shows have researchers teams that search for court cases (case are public records). If they feel the case is good they contact you to appear. He indicates to me, "You are not the first this has happened to, something needs to be done to stop this. The court system does not work with any of those reality court tv shows or do we honor anything." Me in shock and disbelief I ask about the continued date. The magistrate state to me he never received paperwork from Judy requesting a continuous date. Had he received the paperwork for requesting a continuous date, it would have been denied. He does not work with Judy and does not honor anything from her.

He tells me again, once I return back home refile my lawsuit because he dismissed it on a no show call. I asked the magistrate again, even if Judy is sending paperwork saying she dismissed the case. The magistrate responded, "Ms. I can assure Judy is not sending any paperwork to the court and if she does it will not be honored. Refile when you return home, I will be looking for your claim and I will be the magistrate hearing the case." As of today Judy has not sent any paperwork but my case is back on the court calendar and hearing date is next month!

Thank God I did not listen to Judy & staff saying final ruling that I can't pursue. I'm sure a lot of people has believed Judy and missed out on their case. Judy & staff are misleading and liars. GOOGLE Judy reviews and I also found out the show is not accredited with consumer reports. One person filed a lawsuit against Judy after the appearance on the show and won. Judy is getting paid 47 million a year from people watching a fake show thinking it's real cases. Sorry to say it is fake and so is Judy & staff! I no longer watch any of the reality court TV. Judy and her staff are scammers & liars!

Updated on 07/11/2018: I received a call from Sarah the scam producer for judge Judy fake show. Sarah begs me to remove my review I submitted to Consumer Affairs. No. I will not. Sorry! The defendant informed me you had her to file the counterclaim against me a day before our appearance on the show. And you aired that I was suing for $5000 when my paper filed indicates $3800. My case was about reimbursement for attorney fees for false charges filed on me in 2017. Judy made her own case about a Facebook post from 2016. Informed Sarah you called me with misleading information for my appearance on the show. Which I found out was false while at the production built not a courthouse as I was told I would be appearing at.

Sarah attempting to use her bribery tactics saying so "you're going to remove your review?" I asked her, "What about all of the other reviews people had the same experience as myself." My one review is not getting removed. Repeatedly I told her NO and finally told Sarah to have a good day. MY REVIEW WILL NOT BE REMOVED! The fake scam show needs to be exposed! Disconnected the call. I have been calling, emailing and texting since the day of taping once I talked with my local court system. Could not a return call or response from anyone. Don't call me now because I have exposed the fake court show. Stop scamming people and altering their cases.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I've been a fan of Judge Judy for over 20 years! She's always been my most favorite show, and I think I've seen about 99% of all of her shows (only because I was giving birth that I missed a few). I've always considered Judy to be a very reasonable, and especially moral and ethical judge who collects all evidence and facts, and she always follows "the law" in my mind. HOWEVER, for the past few years, she has turned into a this very narcissistic, **, who OBVIOUSLY already made up her mind what her verdict will be WAY before the court case ever begins. It's so different than it used to be. She SEVERELY NEGLECTS gathering ALL of the Evidence that the Litigants have to offer.

I believe that Judy's older ratings (10 years ago) just went to her head, and now she's just out there to fly by her pants to get more money from the networks (she really doesn't care if she is fair or not, just wanting to show up and "give a crotchety show" for RATINGS!) This all really bums me out, because I had always loved and respected her opinions. But now, it's just a crock-O-chit, fake reality show. Sorry Judy, but I haven't been convinced of 90% of your latest verdicts; I think you have been UNFAIR as a Judge, and NO WAY ON EARTH would I ever recommend anybody to go on your show... Plaintiff or Defendant... because you are just NOT FAIR any longer. You need to RETIRE NOW! Before you screw things up The Hot Bench (which you produce).

I sincerely believe that you would agree with my observations and recommendations, Judy, because you know how you used to be so good, so equal to both sides, so receiving ALL evidence, and SO much better in "weighing the facts." It's just time, Judy, to break things off with Bird. Sorry, but he would probably agree (seeing his recent facial expressions). Just say Nigh Nigh, be on your way, take a long vacation, and just kick back and continue to receive your royalties. Wouldn't that be nice? I'll always love you, Judy. And I'd love to join you and kick back with a nice Cabernet some time.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I used to watch Judge Judy every day. I never missed it and everyone that knew me knew not to bother me during her show. I always thought she ruled correctly and was tough on the bad guy. Lately, I can hardly stand to watch the show. She never looks at any evidence, never makes a decision on the case because she is always throws out the case. If one of these cases were mine, I would be very upset. I realize the show pays for your transportation and hotel, but that would not matter to me. If I had a legitimate case, and I felt I was innocent, I would not be happy to have my case dismissed without ANY verdict. She is very mean with persons on both sides, she insinuates that people are stupid and beneath her. She is always rude and acts like she is inconvenienced. I'm really tired of seeing her act like this. I think she should be told to act civil or lose her position. NBC would never do that though-too much money to lose or ratings to lose.

Maybe too many years on the bench has done this to her. She has lost her human side. It is time to shape up or ship out. It really bothers me to see her behavior lately. She sometimes does not even give the person a chance to tell their side of the story before her decision is made. All the preparation and flying there just to be thrown out within minutes! I sure hope NBC re-evaluates her behavior and has a talk with her. NO ONE is indispensable-including her!

Original review: May 3, 2018

Judge Judy is arrogant, egotistical, doesn't follow the law, needlessly mean. It's a sad day in this world when the meaner you are, the better paid you are. I would be embarrassed to be one of her kids. Now if you want to watch a good judge show, watch Judge Marilyn Milian of People's Court. She's no nonsense, while treating people with respect. And she is actually funny, unlike Judy, who only thinks she is.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Don't you think it's about time we put old Judge Judy out to pasture for her own good. It was a great run! I used to really enjoy watching the show but lately she has become somewhat ridiculous with her narrow mindedness. She acts like she knows everything but I assure you she does not! She always says "put your listening ears on", well she needs to practice what she preaches. She immediately almost always picks her favorite litigant and then after that occurs spends the rest of the session belittling, bullying and insulting the other party. Recently I watched a case where a women was suing for damages to her side mirror caused by a little girl running right into it at a school. Judge Judy acted as if she knew exactly what had happened (even though she was not there) but indeed she did not know! I substituted in Indian River County, Florida at numerous (more than six) elementary schools.

Judge Judy after asking the plaintiff how many students were in the school and being told "around 500" then say kept saying and I'm paraphrasing - you have to be extra careful when driving around 500 students running out of school. First of all the schools don't dismiss all the students at once, they dismiss K/G and 1st then 2nd and 3rd then 4th and 5th. Students break up into several groups ie: car riders, bus riders, walkers, after school programs etc. The students with teacher supervision are escorted by grade to benches both for car riders and bus riders. Once on the benches there are multiple teachers supervising for behaviors and proper transportation pick up. The teachers proceed to call the students by name to the pick up area when their ride arrives. Again you don't have 500 students running amuck outside of school!

Which brings me to the little girl who disobeyed rules and procedures (and should be punished) and ran out into the road on her own (not in the pick up area) into the side view mirror of the plaintiff. Furthermore Judge Judy chastised the plaintiff for not driving carefully enough in proximity of a school, REALLY are you serious? That's just ludicrous thinking. The plaintiff appeared to be a responsible driver. She even had her own two young students whom she was picking up. Judge Judy boosts and brags about how smart she is suppose to be but yet she constantly contradicts her own assumptions and previous rulings. She may know the law when she is not to busy being blinded by her litigant favoritism. Once she locks in on "loving" one of the parties it's impossible for the other party to win regardless of evidence.

The plaintiff in question in this case even brought an unbiased crossing guard to court that witnessed the incident and she just flat out didn't listen to him (blew him off) because her fading mind was set on ruling in favor of the defendant. Then Judge Judy took another one her cheap shots asking the plaintiff how would she had felt if she killed the little girl? That was just wrong and inappropriate. The plaintiff was in no means driving recklessly. Just possibly Judge Judy may still retain some semblance of law but she certainly must have NEVER passed any Physics class! The plaintiff had ABSOLUTELY no chance to avoid that little girl from running INTO her car from the side. It didn't matter if she was going 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 MPH etc... If the little girl (which she did) darted out and ran into the SIDE of her car it's all on the parent of the little girl to assume responsibility.

It is literally impossible for any driver (even Judge Judy) to avoid that type of collision, again speed is not the factor here. Maybe if you could put your car into a time warp or another dimension you might be able to avoid the collision or better yet see if you can bring Rod Serling back from the dead and send you and your car to the Twilight Zone!!! Worse yet is the AUDACITY of that defendant to try to countersue--unbelievable!!! She should worry more about teaching her little angel to follow the rules, unfortunately the next time the little angel darts out into a road it might be a semi at 60 MPH heading her way! Parents "teach your children well". Thank You for letting me rant.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I have never been on the show but I do watch quite often. I used to think Judy was a shrewd and fair Judge. Over time my opinion of her has changed drastically. She comes across as prejudice against two or three distinct social classes. 1. Poor People 2. People of ** especially ** and Hispanics 3. Education Level. She judged people based of their income race and educational level. If it does not meet her standards she talks down to and degrades these people. She is also mean spirited and I actually think she her age is causing her exhibit poor behavior added to her bias mentality. She does not fail to highlight how superior her economic and educational status toward those she considers socially bankrupt. This type of behavior speaks to her lack of humility, compassion and integrity exposing her as a seriously flawed individual.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I like Judge Judy. I like a woman with balls. I feel like her and I could be friends but I would never want to be judged by her. My complaint is with the two horrible women criminal prosecutors on Hot Bench. I want my cation Downey court then transferred to Hot Bench when they called and asked me to come. I lost my case to the 2 women who immediately didn't like me and my beautiful witness get my drift? My case was slam dunk and because of all personal things like calling me a stupid Italian and calling me names in Italian which maybe they don't think people understand but we understand how prejudiced, bias, unprofessional, unjudicial, what absolute ** these women are! And if that's what they're going after well they've got it.

No one should go on this show. It's totally personal and has nothing to do with the law and only has to do with how hot these 2 women think... they are. With their fake smiles and horrible attitudes. God help us if this what our judicial system would be like with these 2 women. The man was intelligent and on my side but he had no chance against those vampires. This show should be taken off the air... And by the way ladies you're not hot.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I am sick of Judge Judy running pit bulls down. I have owned several breeds of dogs in my 51 years of life. The only dogs I've had that have bitten anyone was a Chihuahua and a Pomeranian. My pitbull is 7 years old and a gentle giant. It's misleading information by an old woman like this that give a wonderful breed of dog a bad name.

Original review: April 12, 2018

If you are contacted by the show, make sure you do your research before going on. I did not and had only watched it a couple of times over the years. I was very naive and ignorant on how it’s run. My wrong belief was that it would be based on evidence and the truth. It is not. I thought it would be an easy way to settle my case. It would have been a slam-dunk case in a real court. My belief is she and the powers to be already knew what they wanted as an outcome and only for TV ratings. Boy was I naive. It didn’t matter about the free trip.

I use to live in California, and it was not an incentive to return. It was only to speed up the process for my case and rectify the problem I had and still do. When I realized which way it was going, I knew enough to keep my mouth closed as I realized it was already a done deal. Think about it if they contact you. It’s much better to go through the real courts. What do I have? My legal issue is not solved. And most importantly, it confirms that people do not do the right thing. It is purely a TV show and is not a real ethical part of any court system. Have an attorney read over everything you sign. He or she will advise you of the pitfalls.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I went on Judge Judy because my friend's dog attacked my dog in her house and we had to have her eye removed adding to 4,000 in vet bills. I didn't want to go because I knew she was going to ridicule me on national TV but I knew I had to do it because of my dog. I had written statements from the defendant saying she will take full responsibility and by LAW the defendant is LIABLE. She didn't even let me show my evidence, she didn't talk to me or hear my side. The defendant said one thing and she called the case dismissed. The producers had assured me I would win since I had 100% of the evidence and the defendant had 0%. I left traumatized, they cost me $4,000, and my one year old puppy would never get justice from what that women did to her.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I was a litigant on her show and on National TV, she did not even read the police report before making her ruling which spoke to the facts. Instead she inserted her own presumptions and heresy, something that is not legal in any court of law. Hollywood and $47 million a year have allowed her to be an actor, not a true judge. Any real Judge would have insisted on the Police Report before rendering a decision.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I worked in law for many years, and she gives an entirely false representation of the legal system. She thinks she is an expert in every area, and she makes her mind up without looking at evidence. Yelling and degrading someone does not make you "correct". She does not reflect any true conception of the court system, and if these cases were heard in court, they would have an entirely different outcome. She is so disgraceful. All it takes is 5 seconds of seeing the show while flipping through the channels to be disgusted.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I watched an episode on Fox 19, 1-5-18. The 6 to 6:30 showing. It was appalling how Judge Judy talks as if she knows everything about social security, Section 8 and whatever. She thinks that because a person gets disability, they cannot work. She is dead wrong and she needs to get the facts before she speaks. Social Security encourages people to work; yes they must report that income, and when they do, what they get from Social Security may be reduced, or depending on how much they. Everybody's not out to cheat and it is not her call unless she has all the facts. I highly doubt she does. I get so sick and tired of her speaking as if God gave her the voice on everything, which is absolutely not true. Not to mention, as a judge, she is teaching people to be rude, nasty, and disrespectful.

Please hear the case; but oh, that would mean listening to the presented information. Also, the 5:30 show, the young man's jaw broken because they jumped him, drunk or not, they should not have gotten away with that. I don't know why people go on her show. She really doesn't listen because she thinks she knows the case before you speak. Why bother.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

The Judge Judy show allowed my wife and I to get justice for our dog, who had been attacked by another dog, two blocks from our house. The defendant had refused to pay the vet bills, even after trying to contact him numerous times over a one year period. Judge Judy saw the evidence we presented, and asked pertinent and succinct questions to the defendant and us. She saw through his lies and awarded us money for the vet bills and punitive damages. Finally, she threw out his countersuit, because she saw it was a sham. The producers, and all the crew, treated us with dignity and respect, the whole time we were there. If you’re looking for justice, Judge Judy will help you get it, if you have the proper evidence.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I was initially approached by Kessley **, Associate Producer, of the show. From the beginning, she was very professional and understanding of my case. It took me some time to acquire all of my needed documents & still, Kessley was very patient with me. Later, I spoke with Christy ** and she too was a wonderful woman to work with. I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to have both ladies by my side throughout the entire process. They prepared me for both worst case & best case scenarios in front of the judge. They did their best to make sure I was completely ready to present my case to Judge Judy. I'm not sure if I'm biased because I won my case but I will say that Judge Judy saw right through the defendant's poor decisions & lack of willingness to take responsibility and sided in my favor. To me, Judge Judy was the best & only option I had to have my case resolved.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I recently was on Judge Judy. What a joke it was. Yes she pays for your ticket and hotel. Besides her rude attitude she doesn’t let you explain your case and present your whole case! Half of my case was not presented therefore I’m out money and super frustrated with how the show was ran! Don’t do it!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Earlier this year I took an ex-girlfriend onto the show to try to sue her for having me falsely imprisoned which in Arkansas is called a bad arrest. One of the first things out of The Producers mouths to both of us when they found out we were coming from Arkansas was, “Do you have all your teeth.” Haha very funny but so be it. The Producers had told me that they needed some monetary stuff to go along with the bad arrest to spice things up a little. Well I painted the defendant’s truck and they said, “Well what would you charge if you were to charge her for it” and I said, “$750.” So they said, “Well we'll just say let's put down that that she owes you $750 for the paint job on her vehicle Plus the bad arrest part.” Well when it was all said and done the judge called us both liars. In the long run I never even brought up the bad arrest and dismissed both cases mine and her countersuit.

So I've been called a liar on national TV because the producers told me to write in that dollar amount when I knew it didn't happened and it was wrong. So needless to say I couldn't even bring her back home to sue her due the waivers that I signed and agreed to. So now there was four days of jail I had to spend in it. 2 Man cell with 3 people with one of the men who shot his dad in the head on Christmas. So all-in-all I'm out of potential $5,000 for the ruling. 4 days of my life with a convicted Capital One murderer and two days of Court proceedings before my charges here were dismissed due to the bad arrest. My disappointment was the whole reason I went there was for legitimate causes but the producers asked me to lie and I listened knowing it was against my better judgment so I guess I just shot myself in the foot but I wish my cellmate would have come across her that Christmas day instead.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Two years ago I was severely injured by a motorist while on my bike. The motorist threw me into a car as he was mad at bicyclists for riding in bike lanes... a real crazy man! I tried bringing him to justice via personal injury litigation and nothing worked. As the 'statute' was expiring, I filed my own small claims action against this man to recover my medical expenses, as every law firm said this was NOT a winnable case, or too expensive for them to take on. Judge Judy's staff heard about my case, and even though I thought her court manners, opinions and decisions were a little rough, I knew she could see through this man's arrogance and she ALWAYS can detect a liar and a scoundrel, and she has NO tolerance for any injustice, as long as you can prove it.

I went on the show and sure enough-- after eight law firms in Los Angeles told me I would not only NEVER get this guy into court and win, I won my judgment against this road rage motorist and Judge Judy was the only one that was able to do ANYTHING about this psycho. Not only was I able to pay off my medical bills, but also able to expose this driver who hates bicyclists on TV so that if he is out there doing this again-- and I am sure he is, then this 'conviction' will help the next person that needs to bring him to justice for his transgressions much easier.

Judge Judy is the GREATEST and although some of us would not run a courtroom the way that she does, all I can say-- in my case, was she was the ONLY one in the legal community that not only believed in me & got to the 'truth', but also the ONLY one that had the courage and intelligence to do something that helped someone who had been totally shunned by the legal system. She deserves every penny she works for and I hope she lives to be 100 and continues to right the wrongs of the world for as long as she can.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I never went to see show but watched. Boy she not very smart. Is a mean hearted person. She sometimes dismiss a case without reading it and calls everyone stupid and uglier than she is. Think she thinks knows everything. ** you Judge Judy. You need to retire old ding bat. You think something does make sense. It's a lie. Usually it's a lie however truth does make sense but very rarely.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I have several times watched Judy blame the buyer of an older car in regard to the laws governing smog testing for the state of California. If a car is older than four years, it is mandatory that the seller must give the buyer a "PASS" smog test that is no older than 90 days. Please tell Judy that she looks ignorant on the show and that her staff should always know the law and tell her before a broadcast. A regular gas powered auto is exempt if it is 1975 or older.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I really enjoyed my experience throughout my trial process. The producers were very informative and helpful. And were open whenever I had a question. The process went smoothly, the show was fair to both sides and I believe gave a fair chance to both the Plaintiff and the defendant. Everything that was talked about in the first encounter I received. Everything was straightforward. Before the show was going to be filmed, the producers met with me to go over the evidence I had and went over my talking points. I really enjoyed my experience and I was glad on how fast I got my compensation back.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I used to watch Judge Judy years ago and always thought she was hard but fair. Today I turned on the TV and she was on, so settled down to watch. To say I'm shocked is an understatement! She came across as an abusive, belligerent bully! She wouldn't let anyone explain anything or get a word in edgewise. She thought the plaintiffs were upset over nothing and called them 'sickos', even though she ruled in their favor. She said the plaintiff was a sicko, the husband was a sicko and he was married to a sicko! It was disgusting beyond belief! Does she know the definition of 'sick'? I will never, ever watch this show again, and I hope it's taken off the air soon, as years of telling people what to do seems to have gone to her head.

Original review: April 6, 2017

We were Plaintiffs on Judge Judy and I felt the staff namely Sarah and Kristen were very reassuring to us and helpful during our appearance regarding our claim. Our tenant stole all of our furniture and totally demolished our beautiful Condo in Carlsbad, California. Judge Judy was fair and gave us the maximum award even though we have to spend a lot more than $5000.00 to redo the Condo. At least it will help to replace some of the furniture.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I was on the Judge Judy Show in 2003. She took everything I owned and gave it away. I hope she is happy. I recently lost my youngest son Aaron who was with me on the show. When she took my stuff, all of my kids' school stuff baby clothes etc. I have nothing of Aaron's to look at. Crazy old woman. Hope she is happy.

Judge Judy Company Information