2.36/5
Based on 76 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

79 Judge Judy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I was in a situation where I was involved in an accident and the girl who hit me scammed me and try to leave me with the damages to pay myself. I should have called the cops but I didn't. I then decided to take her to court, and that was a challenge because she wasn't answering to the courts. Judge Judy picked up the case for me and the girl ended up responding to her show. We both ended up agreeing to go to the show to have our case solved. I was not too worried because I had all of my evidence as it was not my fault. They paid for the flight, the hotel, and the transportation. I luckily got to go on my birthday weekend, and I ended up renting a car so I can go sight seeing and they paid for my parking at the hotel in which I was not expecting at all.

The day of the show, they paid for lunch for us as well as dinner. We went into the court room to get things over with and Judge Judy was fair and quick. She looked at and listened to the both of our sides, I got a little lesson about not calling the police. She took a look at my evidence, listened to her side of the case, and ruled in my favor.

I just want to say thank you to her and the producers for allowing me to come to LA to do the show and get the money to pay back to the insurance company for something that was not my fault. Without them, who knows where I would have ended up being or if I would have even got the money or a trial considering how she didn't respond to the local courts. I was expecting a long fight with the girl and the court system but going to Judge Judy solved everything. I would definitely recommend going there if you have the chance to. They treat you like you're part of the family and make you feel welcomed. If I ever end up in a situation whereas I need to go to court, I would definitely try and reach out to them again. Thank you again to Kurstin and the rest of the producers and the legal team who works for Judge Judy and thank you to Judge Judy herself for taking my case and listening to both sides of the story and solving our issue.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I have watched her show forever and was contacted by other judge shows as well. Hands down Judge Judy! Our experience was wonderful. The show is a well-oiled machine. I want to thank everyone behind the scenes for keeping me calm and under control. We were taken good care of from the beginning to the end! Judge Judy only cares about what’s right and who is wrong! Not about it being on TV so much. Just the facts! I would highly recommend being on her show. If you have a loser that you know can never pay you go with her! She will get to the truth. I would do it again if I had the chance.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I received a call to appear on Judge Judy. Uuumm... NO WAY! I didn't have to read ANY reviews to say, HECK NO! Here's my beef... I've watched Judy for years! 20 plus. Over the years, I noticed how demeaning she's become. Talking about how much better her children are than the litigants' children, how stupid people are, etc, etc... and the list goes on and on. Including, she didn't go to Law School for a sweeper, baby bottle, (little items), etc.

WELL, MRS. JUDY, NOT ALL PEOPLE MAKE 50 MILLION A YEAR LIKE YOU DO! I value my small items as much as I value my large items, and if stolen, I WANT THEM BACK, NOT DISMISSED because Ms. Thang (Judy) can buy at will/leisure/pleasure and not make a dent in her pocketbook! I live check to check (like MOST Americans), something Judy CANNOT relate to! My parents didn't have the money to put me through Law School like yours did! I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth like you, and MOST Americans are just like me! A struggle day to day, check to check... Thanks, but NO THANKS for the offer! I'll appear before a REAL-FAIR-HONEST JUDGE who will actually LOOK, READ, and weigh ALL evidence in an unbiased manner! The judge I'm appearing before was a hard working farmer, put himself through Law School (not his parents), so my small items WILL matter to him, unlike you! Please retire!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I was contacted by Judge Judy producers after turning in my case at my local courthouse. Evidently the producers scour courthouse cases and if they find one that seems interesting they contact you to be on the show INSTEAD of going to REAL court. The ONLY reasons I agreed to go on the show were because 1. I was absolutely in the right and guaranteed to win in REAL COURT... and 2. The show promised to pay what you were suing the defendant for in full upon winning your case instead of having to wait for payments from the person you were suing.

I had an open and shut case of theft of over $3000...but because I was in jail when the theft occurred Judge Judy decided before we could even state the facts that I was scum and that the lies told by the defendant were true because I was in jail when she spent ALL my disability money and brought my debit card balance to zero gambling on the Internet and getting cash advances to purchase drugs.

My being incarcerated had literally NOTHING to do with the case and yet that's all she talked to me about and focused on. I had proof and a witness that the defendant had admitted the theft. She said she thought she could put the money back before I came home and promised to pay me back in front of my witness who wasn't allowed to say a single word during the show. Judge Judy was demeaning and rude and never let me show my proof or let me defend myself against the defendants bold faced lies and direct libel. The show was not only unfair, it was humiliating. I lost my case before I even walked on stage just because Judge Judy is extremely biased and beyond judgmental. I was in jail because I hadn't completed my community service on time. I am not a hardened criminal.

However Judge Judy didn't care to hear that. She shut me down before I could explain myself, not that I should have had to because regardless of where I was or what I was doing the defendant robbed me of all my money and the majority of my belongings. It was an open and shut case that was ruled on unfairly and unjustly. If I had gone to REAL COURT justice would have prevailed and the defendant would have had to pay me back and be held accountable for blatantly breaking the law. Judge Judy is incompetent, rude and very very biased. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CASE TO HER SHOW!!! And by the way the show DID NOT pay for our hotel or gas or food and we were compensated in the amounts of $50 for me and $35 for my witness. It's a huge unfair waste of time and a joke overall.

Unfortunately the joke was harsh, unfair and completely on me. I wish I could sue Judge Judy for negligence...she did not care about truth or justice, she only wanted to be demeaning, get ratings and never even let me present the true facts and all my evidence, but allowed the defendant to speak freely and lie about what happened and who I am as a person. RIDICULOUSLY DISGUSTING DISPLAY OF POWER BEING MISUSED!!! I truly don't know how Judge Judy can look herself in the mirror or sleep at night. She is teaching thieves and liars that they can get away with breaking the law without punishment, and showing victims that there is no justice even when you have all the proof in the world and a credible witness that can back you.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Friendly, Kind, Professional and Attentive to The Finest Detail are the individuals involved in the Judge Judy Court Show. Alex ** put me at ease during the initial phone call and the team looked after me until I got into the taxi to depart the studio back to Texas. Erica ** went the extra mile to prepare and encourage me. It can be a little intimidating at first, but the team works together like a well oiled machine and everything goes smoothly. I highly recommend your participation if you are eligible and considering. Judge Judy is a human lie detector! She is intelligent, direct and gets to the important information. It is really interesting to participate in such a successful show and see how it works behind the scenes. The Judge Judy team made this a delightful experience and one that I am grateful to have gotten the opportunity to do. Thank you for all you did for me!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Judge Judy?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I just got home from doing the show and can honestly say I was lied to and betrayed by the producer Luci and had my case thrown out by Judy and she didn't even know what she was talking about and was stating things she said was the law here in CA when it is not. Now I'm not going to go into detail about my case as it may violate the non-disclosure paper I signed but I will say that I was lied to and deceived and betrayed by them. Had verbal and written agreements as far as being paid my appearance fee broken.

A women that posted on here about the other person in her case filed a countersuit because the producers told her to. Well same thing happened in my case and so when I confronted Luci my producer accusing her of being behind this I was told things like, "I want this to be a positive thing for both of you," and, "I'm not like that. You will see when you meet me". Ha. None of that was true. She was behind it and the really sweet person I had talked to before we taped became the biggest well you know the minute it was done taping I was also told I couldn't talk to her after like I was told I could before we went out on set and it goes on and on. All the same as the other cases people posted on here. I am going to seek legal help. This is not over.

Updated on 09/20/2018: I wrote a review last week about the Judge Judy show and I wanted to update it. I still have not been paid like I told I was. I've made many attempts to reach both my producer and Associate producer and even a lawyer for CBS television and called Big Ticket Television who produces the show for CBS. I talked to someone at Big Ticket and was told when I asked to speak to someone in accounting that they have nothing to do with when you get paid which I found funny because Ross the associate producer that was assigned to me told me they were the ones who wouldn't let me get my same day check. But ok so she tells me that she will make a couple calls and took my number and told me she would call me back shortly. Well hours later I called back and was told she couldn't talk to the right people and would have to call me tomorrow.

Here's the deal. I was told by the show not to worry about money. That it would be taken care of. Now I live on a limited income and I paid to drive up and back and food and was counting on that money to get by. I don't know what else to do at this time. I just want them to do one thing they said they would do. I got a text from my producer Lucy where there should be no public embarrassment and we should resolve our case which neither one of them was true.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I HATE the Judge Judy TV show. She is so demeaning of people. Today she embarrassed herself when she did not even know what homeland security is and when she realized that she made a huge mistake, she continues to demean the woman instead of admitting she was wrong. On top of everything, Bert is now jumping on the insult wagon and treats people as bad as she does. No longer will allow the show in my home.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I've always watched the Judge Judy show growing up and I love her since I was 9 years old and back then I sometimes thought she was mean but as I got older I see that she was firm, fair, and about her business not to play games with grown ups. Today on 7/25/2018, I appear on her show and I must say I love her even more. She is amazing woman and she can sense a liar from a mile away? She like a superhuman lie detector. She is smart and funny.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I try to change the channel when it comes on, but sometimes I don't get around to it. Judge Judy is insufferable, as a judge and TV personality. She is condescending, rude and unprofessional. A judge worth their salt should be able to behave with a certain level of respect for those appearing before them. Someone in an authority position like her has a great responsibility to the people and in my opinion she abuses it. I sincerely hope these people get paid to go on this show and be publicly demeaned by her. Otherwise I don't know why they would subject themselves to this. I literally created an account just to say this. Appalling the way she treats people. I would consider her behavior bullying. This should not be tolerated, not even for the purpose of entertainment. Not in this social and political climate. Shame. Guess I'll just have to keep changing the channel.

Original review: June 28, 2018

We had a wonderful experience with everything from flights to hotel to cabs to the staff at Judge Judy’s court! Everything went off without a hitch - they’ve fine tuned this to an art of making it easy and convenient so that all we had to do was decide where to eat! Sarah and Ross were wonderful! Each kept in contact with us and answered questions within a short time (they have a very busy workload but made us feel like we were the only ones they were dealing with)! We loved the experience from getting on the plane in Tulsa to getting back to our hotel after the taping of the show! Hats off to Judge Judy and her staff! Thank you so much for this experience and we would definitely recommend this experience to anyone!

Judge Judy Company Information