2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.45/5

Judge Judy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Judge Judy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Judge Judy?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I was Plaintiff on the show and it was the worst experience of my life! When contacted by producers, I was told how organized I was with all the evidence I had against my ex Landlord for harassment and I had a very strong case. Staff was absolutely wonderful to me up until our appearance. I gave them videos and stacks of paperwork as well as pictures and so on...I was told Judge Judy would receive my evidence in plenty of time to review before the show. We had to wait for a long time to even be escorted to a tiny "trailer" to wait for our appearance. We were supposed to have a tablet waiting for us to have a zoom briefing with the producer... After asking 4 times and waiting over an hour I finally used my cell phone for our zoom meeting.

We were also told lunch was provided but when asked, the producer had to get her supervisor involved as we were it wasn't for show guests. Also during that time I was informed that a of the evidence I had submitted never reached Judy and she was going in "blind" so be able to submit my evidence... Once in the courtroom, I was made to appear the "awful" tenant who refused to pay for damages caused or rent owed. I have an EXTREMELY strong and detailed harassment suit, hence the reason for delaying any of the final payment. I was NEVER ONCE given the opportunity to actually share my case and was told it was a "wash" and we were done...Judy supposedly had my complaint (edited and written by producers) but if she actually reviewed anything, she would have asked more questions. I lost and the defendant walked away getting away from bullying another family into moving out.

I was told afterward by producer, I told you to never agree with Judge Judy. So basically I was advised to "lie in court". Some of the questions asked were used to turn my case in the defendant's favor and again I reiterate that I was never given the opportunity to plead my case but was forced to sign an agreement stating that I cannot fight today's decision, which should have been a clue to walk away as every legal court hearing is allowed an appeal to a decision... But I was pumped up and convinced that my case was solid by staff that I didn't expect to be HUMILIATED PUBLICLY. I have never ever been made to feel so stupid and low in my life. This IS NOT A REAL COURT HEARING! This is an experience I wish I could forget.

Original review: April 7, 2020

I have been an avid viewer of Judge Judy for as long as her show has existed. I have to say it is mostly very entertaining. I have noted in the last 4 or 5 years Judge Judy seems to have let the show go to her head. WAYYY too much arrogance and attitude. For someone who has become a multi-multi millionaire from hearing the cases of the common folk, she has very little empathy or respect. I know that many of these litigants are sadly not very intelligent or sophisticated, but they are just people trying to live with the limited skills they may have. There is absolutely no need to humiliate and degrade them as human beings. In the times of great struggle that a majority of the population live in--Judge Judy should get a spiritual wake-up call, and try being a little more humble and appreciative of the fact that she was born into a family with a much different set of circumstances and opportunities than the majority of the rest of this world.

Just saying Judge Judy--try being a little more humble and less brutally critical in your review of everyone who appears before you--you do not know their life history or circumstances. It may not be the dramatic TV you would like, to keep you in that 50 million dollar salary, but you will be doing a better service to humanity than just producing high drama on TV.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I was a plaintiff witness on JJ in Feb. 2020. We were there for only a few hours, but it was an experience to remember! The staff were friendly and professional, especially Melanie and Makita. They probably had a dozen cases on their mind, but they made us feel like we were the only one. They were positive but realistic, they explained what kind of mindset to have, and they helped us briefly practice potential scenarios. They were very supportive, which was important considering the nature of the case. They also took great pains to keep the plaintiff's side separate from the defendant's until they met in court, and afterward they also did a great job keeping them separate. I can't speak from a defendant's point of view, but I feel JJ is great for a plaintiff, especially if it'll be hard to collect from a traditional judgment in small claims court.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I was the plainest and this was one of the worst experiences of my entire life. It's a very public embarrassment. I would never ever ever recommend this show to anybody. Not in a million years. This woman is he messed up since good person on the planet. I would not put my worst enemy through this. Actually I probably would.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Being a part of the Judge Judy Show was one of the experiences in life. I say this not because our case won but also the each one of the staff member that related with our case were all kind, friendly, and very informative. Our case were involved with my dog and my dog walker/friend that had attacked by unleashed, no collar Rottweiler running our of the wide open front door. Judge Judy had brought out the clear understanding of what had happened and also her way of addressing the issues were clear and direct. The episode that had aired had shared with great ending with our case. All I have to say is, "Thank you for a great opportunity for us to be a part of this show!"

Kind regards,

May and Hana

Original review: March 21, 2019

Judge Judy was an incredible experience for my boyfriend and I as we were handling a very sensitive issue that we wanted to put to rest. I had talked to Makita and Kessley, producers of the show, for months leading up to the taping date and they were nothing short of sweet, kind, understanding, and helpful. There is no one else I would have rather worked with, as they made the entire experience comfortable and easy. They accommodated our needs and concerns with respect and genuinity and that really helped take the nerves and fear of confronting the defendants away.

Being on the show was even more amazing. Arriving at the studio, the staff was wonderful at answering our questions and doing everything in their power to make us feel comfortable and prepared. Presenting our case to Judge Judy was surreal and we felt that she treated our case with respect, and made the best unbiased decisions considering the evidence and statements presented to her. She made sure that we were not taken advantage of by the defendants and that the world got to hear our truths. In the end, we were awarded the judgment we were suing for, and the staff did an amazing job and escorting us to our places and making sure we left their studio satisfied and happy. I would 100% recommend anyone who is presented this opportunity to take it and enjoy it. It’s totally worth it! Thank you Judge Judy!

Original review: March 9, 2019

Judge Judy and her staff were professional and very helpful. I got treated very well by the production staff, especially Matt the Jazz. Judge Judy's verdict was fair and spot on. The Defendant was caught lying under oath as Judge Judy quickly addressed that issue. I was a fan before and will continue to be a fan. My advice to anyone that may appear on her court is to keep to the truth. Thanks Judge Judy and all her hardworking staff.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Producer contacted us, said we had a great case. We needed to hold this guy accountable. Agreed to go in show. After there, was told Judy (will withhold Judge) has not read Plaintiff's complaint, Defendant's Answer. Was coached on how to excite Judy, 'be forceful', Shake head, interrupt Judy etc. I did not give 'good TV.' Wouldn't play or bite. Seemed to upset Judy. She wouldn't let me present my case, speak, show evidence. When she realized it wasn't going to be a Springer case, she cut me off, awarded the Plaintiff $2500 and dismissed my Counterclaim. BEWARE. She doesn't care about the truth, people... Only ratings. I didn't give her good TV so she punished me.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

The staff took very good care of me, bent over backwards to make it possible for me to appear. Arranged Super Shuttle to and from my local airport; got me on non stops on Southwest Airlines at my request; cab from airport to studio arrived promptly; cab was waiting for me to take me back to LAX. Judge Judy is a very spunky individual. Technically she ruled against me, the defendant, but I think she saw through the drama my neighbor had created when she sued me. Judgement for her, the plaintiff, was one dollar. So relieved to be finished with the lawsuit, filed by my next door neighbor concerning a tree she had planted illegally in our shared utility corridor. Had she followed the rules of having the area blue staked/811 and requested approval from the HOA, the tree would have never been planted. Oops, turns out the nursery planted it directly on top of our gas line.

Ultimately, because of many hours of research on my part and attempts to make the neighborhood safe again, the gas company ultimately moved the gas line since my neighbor refused to remove the tree; she wanted it for shade so her car in the driveway wouldn't get hot. (She does have a 2 car garage.) Sad situation; we used to be friends. Her tree was apparently more important than relationships and the safety of our community. I don't get it but it is what it is.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

This show is a joke! Nothing but liars and sneaks. After all the hassle of going to the show and all the promises that were made by the producers about my case, I was degraded, humiliated and made to feel like nothing more than a low life after my landlord removed all of my belongings from my home while I was gone instead of taking the proper steps to enter my home. I was told by the Judge Judy show that the defendant admitted to packing all of my stuff and dumping it without any legal rights to do so and that I had a slam dunk case! Boy was I a fool!

When I got there they didn't want to see any of my paperwork, stated it wasn't necessary only to make a fool of me on TV. I couldn't even talk or stand up for myself! It was like they had already made a decision which was not the decision they told me it would be. I think the whole object of this show is to cause drama for ratings. I know one thing. I will never watch this show again and am going to refile my case in an actual court of law.

Judge Judy Company Information