1.22/5

109 Bottom Line Inc. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 15, 2014

I received a book I did not order and did not want from Bottom Line Books, Corporate entity of Boardroom Inc. I called customer support (for books) at 1-800-678-5835 and had to wait a long time for someone to talk to. Eventually, I spoke to Angela, a nice lady, and told her I had a bill in front of me for $49.94 for a book I refused and had the Post Office return to sender, unopened. She said they had not received the book back even though it had been a month. They sent the book on 11/19 and I received the bill on 12/15. I requested that she remove my name and address from Bottom Line anything that I no longer wished to receive anything from them. She said she would make a note on my account and would also make a note on the account that the book was returned. Let's not hold our breath here. The Better Business Bureau of Stamford, Connecticut has received many complaints for the same problems as posted here. The corporate headquarters phone number is 1-203-973-5900 and the general phone number for the company is 1-800-289-0409.

Original review: March 6, 2014

My mother who is 86 keeps getting books she does not order. (She is getting very forgetful). I have sent them back and 3 times wrote bottom line health to take her off their mailing list. I gave them my contact name and address. Response to the first letter was a bill wanting payment on her account. I wrote back again, stating I returned the books and I was not going to pay for them. I have never heard anymore from them. On 3-5-2014, I was at my mothers house and she had again received 3 books she did not order for a bill of nearly $50.00. Upon further inspection, they were sent to me at my mothers home.

Original review: April 23, 2013

Bottom Line Books company keeps sending bills for a book that was not ordered. As soon as we received the book, it was returned to the post office unopened, "return to sender." You'll never know with strange packages. Bottom Line has since sent three bills requesting $42.95. This fraudulent practice had us wondering what other scams this company is performing.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2013

My husband received a book from Bottom Line Books that he didn't order. Nice letter with the book implying that it was a gift because he was a good customer. A few weeks later, he received a bill. He could not find a phone number so he (wasted a stamp) wrote them a nice letter explaining to them he did not order the book. They have ignored his letter and has kept sending the bills. It is legal to keep anything you get in the mail that you did not order. My advice is do not waste a stamp on them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2012

Same as all the the other letters about BL. I received books I did not order. Now they want payment. Screw them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bottom Line Inc.?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2012

I ordered a subscription to Bottom Line Newsletter for a year, and when it was up, I cancelled it. Nothing was wrong with it; I was simply tired of it, that's all. They didn't send the news magazines to me anymore, but they are sending me a solicitation that looks like a past due bill. If I were not scrutinizing it carefully as I'm sure many are not, I would think I had a past due bill, when in fact they are trying to get me to pay for another year’s worth of subscribing to their newsletter by shaping it in the wording and looks of a past due invoice. This type of sneaky underhanded way of doing business is deplorable and I would recommend that everyone stay as far away from this company as possible.

Original review: June 17, 2012

I keep receiving bill for a book. I already paid for a book called 30 Day Diabetes Cure with a check that was cashed by Bottom Line Books. I have proof. What is wrong with this company?

Original review: May 30, 2012

Bottom Line Books continues to send statements demanding payment for a book that I didn't order. I've written them on their statement asking them to show me where and when I ordered the book they are demanding payment for. I gave them my address, which they clearly have, my phone number and my e-mail. Nothing but more bills. Next demand for payment, I spent time looking for contact information for them. No phone number, but I did find an email. I wrote them another letter on their own e-mail post. Nothing but more demands for payment. I have now received a third demand for payment with yet another statement telling me that I have not contacted them. My credit score is 811. Do they really think that all of a sudden I've decided to turn into a deadbeat? Who is going to pay me for all of my time and aggravation? How do I get these people to stop?

Original review: May 4, 2012

Six months ago, I bought a book from Bottom Line Books called Yearbook 2012. I paid for it with a check from my Wells Fargo bill pay account. They cashed the check, kept the money and now sent me threatening letters saying if I don't pay for the book again, they will take serious measures against me. I have written to them, telling them what I have told you. All I get back from them is more bills and threats. I have excellent credit and if they do anything to hurt that, I would then like to sue them, if that is possible. Thank you.

Original review: April 24, 2012

I returned an unopened book to the company, and now, I am receiving bills from a credit agency. I had been a customer of Bottom Line for years, but I stopped ordering from them when I retired several years ago. I ordered and paid for one book and then received a book I did not request. I was told at the post office that it was safe to return the book to sender, as I had not opened it. Now, I have a bill from a collection agency and received no bills from Bottom Line prior to this. I have excellent credit and cannot believe that this company has sunk to these practices. What can I do? I have tried to reach them by phone but get an automated message that did allow me to click that I returned the book. But I assume this will not take care of the situation. How do I protect my credit rating? I will contact the Better Business agency. Is there more I can do?

Original review: April 17, 2012

My son loves history books. In college, he did not have a chance to study Black History. Therefore as Christmas gifts, I gave him history books. I ordered the books at the Barnes and Nobles website, but some were sent to him from Bottom Line Books. I paid in full for all the books that I requested at that time. I have never ordered any books for myself from Bottom Line Books. A bill has been sent to me dated 03/23/12, which was my birthday. I received this bill on April 16, 2012. I was told to pay Bottom Line Books by installments for a book, I assume that is the item called BL'S Extreme Healing:1749 as it was stated on the bill. I have never requested any books for myself from Bottom Line Books. Also, I have never received this item that they are charging me for. I really do not know what it is. It seems that an account #** has been set up for me to pay by installments for a book or some sort of merchandise that I have never requested from Bottom Line Books.

Original review: April 13, 2012

I am still receiving bills for books that I did not order. I contacted them previously and told them to remove me from any future mailings as I was not interested in anything that they had to offer! What do I have to do to make them stop harassing me? I would appreciate anything that you can do for me. Thanks.

Original review: April 4, 2012

I just received a bill from Bottom Line Books which demanded for payment of $36.92 for a book (Bottom Health Smarts). It's dated 03.23.1202. But I did not order this. This is the third time that they sent me unwanted/unordered book. The last book was paid by me, thinking that would be the end of my subscription. I made it clear I did not order that book, which I just paid to clear things up.

The worst part is that this notice comes with a note: Final notice before collection agency referral. Furthermore, the bill does not have any contact number or an email address on it. It just has a PO Box, city, and state to mail the payment. I was able to read about the unethical business dealings of this company to several customers in Ripoff Report. Indeed, it is a shame for this company to be dealing unfairly to their customers. Nobody will ever have the recommendations to buy or order their books anymore. For this, I hope and pray the right government agency will stop this foolish and unending business malpractice.

Original review: April 3, 2012

I received a book from Bottom Line, then a bill for $42.95. I did not order this book. This company was informed at least twice that I would not accept any books not ordered. It's time to stop this company from their fraudulent practices. According to NY State, because I didn't order this item, it is a "gift". Not one that I wanted, but nevertheless, a gift. Of course, there is no number to call and no one answers letters or complaints at Bottom Line. NY state law states: When a merchandise is sent, although not ordered or requested by the consumer, the item is deemed a gift which the consumer may use or dispose of without any obligation. To avoid the consumer's assumption that unordered goods must be paid for, New York law requires that the goods include a conspicuous notice stating that payment is not required.

If necessary, I will forward this book to the New York State Consumer Affairs office and they can deal with this company. I've had it. Any correspondence from Bottom Line will be tossed products and all.

Original review: April 2, 2012

I received a notice for a book called “Natural Healing” which had a $6.32 postage due. I returned it on the 20th of March. Then they send me a bill for the book on March 23rd. They have no phone number, so I can't get in touch with these scam artists. I am not sending any money to them and I am notifying the BBB.

Original review: April 1, 2012

I received a bill payable for account ** and the book was refused at my home and returned unopened. Obviously, you do not have communication with your receiving department; otherwise, this billing would not have been sent. Save your postage as I will not deal with Bottom Line Books in the future.

Original review: March 28, 2012

I received a book about diabetes for a 30-day trial, but when I got it, I ended up by printing on the package "refused return to sender." This was about 2 weeks ago, and they keep sending me bills for this book, which I refused. There is no phone number to contact them, so what is the next step? I just want to be left alone; no more sending me bills, as I returned the book that never was opened.

Original review: March 27, 2012

Bill I do not owe - I am being billed for a book I have not received and I do not recall ordering a book. I received a bill for $49.94. The book title is "Bottom Line's Ultimate Healing". I do not have this book.

Original review: March 24, 2012

I have a similar situation to most of the complaints already made against this company. I ordered just one book from Bottom Line Books, I received it and paid for it. After a while, another book came that I did not order. Since there was no phone number or return info on the book, I just let it sit there, and then a bill came charging me for this book I did not order. No contact or return info on the bill either, and since I was not sure how to contact them, I figured it would be less of a headache to just pay the bill, and along with the check, I also wrote that I did not order that book nor do I want any more. I asked if I was placed on an automatic shipment by mistake, to please remove me from it and any other future mailings.

After a little while, I received yet another book I did not order. The package said "your free gift included". I thought the book might be a gift to convince me to stay on as a customer, so I just let it sit in the hallway. Then another bill came for that book. I have had it with this company. I am so upset that I even paid for the last book they forced on me. This is when I looked in the internet to get some answers, and I find I am not the only one who got scammed by them. This company needs to be stopped. We need a class action suit. If an attorney wants to take this on and get commission if we win the case, I am all for it.

Original review: March 23, 2012

I ordered your “Prescription for Drug Alternatives” and was to receive 26 books, but never got them. I really like the book and has been very helpful in getting me off some medications that apparently was doing me harm and others in my family is using it also along with their doctor’s help. I ordered this book in good faith and was expecting the other books, but all I get are advertisements to order these books. Please address this and I would like to see a phone number to reach you; none can be found in any of your booklet ads. When I tell someone something, they expect me to keep my word. So why should a business be able to not keep their word also?

Original review: March 17, 2012

Returned Health Breakthroughs/2012 - This was "refused" and returned to Bottom Line. I had been traveling and this was unnoticed for several days. It is probably my fault, but I am not in possession of this book and would like a credit to be issued to my account of $42.95. My account # ** should have a "zero" balance at this time. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I wanted to call but was unable to locate a phone # for you.

Original review: March 14, 2012

The same happened to my mother. She ordered a book, changed her mind, sent it back and was refused. Not soon after another book comes, not ordered, she could not refuse this one because of postal deliver error a neighbor opened it. She contacted me and I find this information while trying to locate phone number or webpage. I was able to locate what I assume is their phone number in Iowa, but have not called since my mother decided to pay and return with info to not send anymore. The phone number is: (515) 237-4496 at 3600 Army Post Road, Des Moines, IA 50321-2906. The webpage: www.bottomlinesecrets.com. It'll change you over to their new website. Don't think this will help, but who knows. My mom will do no further business with them.

Original review: March 12, 2012

I received a book, but not what I wanted. I called to get info to return. I spoke with a lady and she said a return label would be sent to my email address. Week later, still nothing and now the number I called is no longer a valid number for this business and still no label or email and I cannot find their website anymore. Why should this get paid if there is no accountability from this company?

Original review: March 10, 2012

I ordered one book from the company and decided not to keep it. Shortly thereafter, I received another book, but this one had not been ordered. There was no phone contact number on the invoices, nor instructions/policy on how to return the books. When I got online to make the inquiry, I found a number of complaints similar, if not exactly like mine. I felt the need to file a complaint, along with the others on the chance that some satisfaction or legal intervention would follow.

Original review: March 8, 2012

I received a book from Bottom Line Books, but I sent it back unopened and wrote on the outside "refused". I am now receiving bills informing me that I owe $42.95 for a book on "Health Breakthroughs" that I do not have.

Original review: March 7, 2012

I sent a letter saying I did not want any more books. I paid the last book by check. Today, I just got another book that I did not order and I am sending it back unopened.

Original review: March 6, 2012

Sent double order of Natural Physician's Healing - I have returned the extra book about 4 months ago and I am still getting billed for it. I even wrote a letter to explain that they sent a duplicate order about 2 weeks after the first book arrived, but no response. I even returned the book First Class so they would get it back sooner than normal book rate. But they have never acknowledged receipt of returned book or my letter of explanation and I am not paying for extra book I don't need.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2012

Bottom Line Books sent me an unordered book, billing $47.94. All my searches for return information are frustrating. Reading your list of complaints about this company assures me I've been scammed. What to do?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2012

I moved to above address 07/11. Apparently a book was shipped to old address on 11/15/11. I have been billed $37.92 on a bill which has never been requested nor received by myself. Why can't you have a phone number?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2012

I have sent in all the monies that I owe for a book that I ordered and I still get bills. They threaten to send them to a collection agency. What can I do?

Bottom Line Inc. Company Information