2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

Bottom Line Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bottom Line Inc.?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bottom Line Inc.?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Over & over again I these books are sent to me & I'm billed for them. After the first one, I've been putting RETURN TO SENDER on the box & putting into the U.S.Mail. You cannot get through to these people. I'm NEVER ordering the newsletter again. That must be how my name made it to this crazy book company's mailing list.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I am writing on behalf of my 88 year old mother. She received a Bottom Line book which she never ordered. I wrote Return to Sender and gave to our mailman. Since then she has received a bill for the book which was sent back and never opened. I have written to Bottom Line Books and will call them tomorrow. By reading the complaints on BBB and this website I do not think it is going to get resolved easily. I think they prey on older people and what they are doing should be illegal. I wish there were a class action suit against this company. Very frustrating.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I made an error and ordered a book from this company. I paid for it, but additional invoices kept coming causing me to have to submit cashed checks, etc. for them to correct their records. Then magazines starting arriving. Now they just send me books that I have not ordered nor am I interested in receiving. I have on several occasions sent them back with a "return to sender and remove me from your mailing list". That has been ignored as well. I just sent back the latest book with the same message posted. I have now received another invoice threatening to report my lack of payment to the credit bureaus. At this point, I am just about ready to fly there and make my demands in person. Do not ever have anything to do with these people!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I called Bottom Line/Personal in reference to my gift subscription. A check had been cashed for payment 3 weeks earlier but the magazine had not yet been delivered. I spoke with a customer service representative who proceeded to tell me that issues previously had been sent and payment was not received and deliveries had stopped and subscription would end July 2018. I ask again when they were going to start delivery. They had received my payment. She expressed frustration and said she told me why delivery had not started and when it would end. Clearly not answering the question of when it will resume. After telling her again that my issues was when it will start, she finally said November 1st, 2017. It was obvious to me that my question was not understood or that the representative was not listening. Needless to say she was rude and impatient as to what my concerns were.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I got the magazine years ago for many years and loved it and then somehow my subscription ended and I didn't have the address. Then I found it again and I've script subscribed again and I have bought gift subscriptions for friends. I love it, they love it and they find it very helpful whether you're old or young.

Original review: July 2, 2017

Bottomline Books sent a book (BOOK I NEVER ORDERED) and has been billing me for over six months. A call said I would receive a free return label. It has never be received. I wrote an email to them that unless a return label is received I will keep the book and "if" I continually receive a bill I will continue on with my actions against them. Good luck to anyone receiving from them and "please" do not hesitate to report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I too received a copy of their Bottom Line 2017 Yearbook, no mark Squandered. So I took the book back to the Post Office and asked for a receipt that I was returning the book. Postal Clerk gave me a receipt. Shortly after this, I got a bill from this scam outfit for $43.95. I sent a letter to a Mr. ** who sent me the bill telling him that I had returned the book to the Post Office to be returned to Bottom Line Books. Last Friday got another bill from the same Mr. ** asking me to send $43.5. Then I went into action.

Did some research and found out the name of the "head honcho" a **. She is located at 3 Landmark Square, Suite # 2, Stamford Connecticut 06901-3246. Sent her a Postal CERTIFIED Letter stating that I returned the book, enclosing a copy of the postal receipt and informing her that if I do hear any more from her that I would contact the Better Business Bureau, the Connecticut Attorney Generals Office, and the Federal trade Commission. I downloaded the complaint form for the Attorney Generals Office on their website. I was polite but real firm in my letter. All of you that have had dealings and complaints with Bottom Line Books might try this approach. Hope this helps. Will update when I get responses if any.

Original review: March 18, 2017

Starting about 2-3 months ago I started getting books about every 2-3 weeks that I did NOT order, the first of which I opened because I did not know who/what it was. Then I had to pay to send it back with a very large "refused" written on it. Now they keep coming! I keep refusing them but this does not stop this place. There is no phone # listed and the first few times I tried to find a website, it came up "no such site". I have gotten wiser... I am an RN retired x 10 yrs. I never put RN after my name when I do order something, (it does not get me anything extra). This place apparently got my name from a mailing list that was sold to them, so being a health care prof. they send me all these "phony" books! :( This HAS GOT TO STOP!!! I had best not get any bills that will affect my great credit.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Bottom Line Books keep sending me books annually which I don't order and then keep billing me after I have to get a return label from them and after returning the product I did not order. The book is a health book that just has a different cover with the new year's date on it. How can I get off their mailing list. I keep getting rejection letters for loans I did not apply for. My credit is good and how do I get these companies to stop contacting me? I keep getting notices that my vehicle car warranties have expired for vehicles that I possessed years and years ago. How do I get these telemarkerters to stop bothering me?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

After being harassed on the telephone to purchase the Bottom Line yearbook, I agreed to receive it and I told them that I would send it right back. It arrived and I immediately sent it back unopened. They continue to bill me for it but I am not going to pay. When on a fixed income at 84 years old, one doesn't have extra money for books that I will never read or need. They continually hound you to buy their books with all kinds of mail and they will not stop. I have a customer service number and I am going to call them in the AM. My account number is ** and with this bill they have added $10.00 to it. I ordered Bottom Line Personal but that is it for me from this company. They are impossible to deal with.

Bottom Line Inc. Company Information