1.25/5
Based on 61 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Bottom Line Inc.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 12, 2017

98 Bottom Line Inc. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I got the magazine years ago for many years and loved it and then somehow my subscription ended and I didn't have the address. Then I found it again and I've script subscribed again and I have bought gift subscriptions for friends. I love it, they love it and they find it very helpful whether you're old or young.

Original review: July 2, 2017

Bottomline Books sent a book (BOOK I NEVER ORDERED) and has been billing me for over six months. A call said I would receive a free return label. It has never be received. I wrote an email to them that unless a return label is received I will keep the book and "if" I continually receive a bill I will continue on with my actions against them. Good luck to anyone receiving from them and "please" do not hesitate to report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 3, 2017

I too received a copy of their Bottom Line 2017 Yearbook, no mark Squandered. So I took the book back to the Post Office and asked for a receipt that I was returning the book. Postal Clerk gave me a receipt. Shortly after this, I got a bill from this scam outfit for $43.95. I sent a letter to a Mr. ** who sent me the bill telling him that I had returned the book to the Post Office to be returned to Bottom Line Books. Last Friday got another bill from the same Mr. ** asking me to send $43.5. Then I went into action.

Did some research and found out the name of the "head honcho" a **. She is located at 3 Landmark Square, Suite # 2, Stamford Connecticut 06901-3246. Sent her a Postal CERTIFIED Letter stating that I returned the book, enclosing a copy of the postal receipt and informing her that if I do hear any more from her that I would contact the Better Business Bureau, the Connecticut Attorney Generals Office, and the Federal trade Commission. I downloaded the complaint form for the Attorney Generals Office on their website. I was polite but real firm in my letter. All of you that have had dealings and complaints with Bottom Line Books might try this approach. Hope this helps. Will update when I get responses if any.

Original review: March 18, 2017

Starting about 2-3 months ago I started getting books about every 2-3 weeks that I did NOT order, the first of which I opened because I did not know who/what it was. Then I had to pay to send it back with a very large "refused" written on it. Now they keep coming! I keep refusing them but this does not stop this place. There is no phone # listed and the first few times I tried to find a website, it came up "no such site". I have gotten wiser... I am an RN retired x 10 yrs. I never put RN after my name when I do order something, (it does not get me anything extra). This place apparently got my name from a mailing list that was sold to them, so being a health care prof. they send me all these "phony" books! :( This HAS GOT TO STOP!!! I had best not get any bills that will affect my great credit.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Bottom Line Books keep sending me books annually which I don't order and then keep billing me after I have to get a return label from them and after returning the product I did not order. The book is a health book that just has a different cover with the new year's date on it. How can I get off their mailing list. I keep getting rejection letters for loans I did not apply for. My credit is good and how do I get these companies to stop contacting me? I keep getting notices that my vehicle car warranties have expired for vehicles that I possessed years and years ago. How do I get these telemarkerters to stop bothering me?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bottom Line Inc.?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

After being harassed on the telephone to purchase the Bottom Line yearbook, I agreed to receive it and I told them that I would send it right back. It arrived and I immediately sent it back unopened. They continue to bill me for it but I am not going to pay. When on a fixed income at 84 years old, one doesn't have extra money for books that I will never read or need. They continually hound you to buy their books with all kinds of mail and they will not stop. I have a customer service number and I am going to call them in the AM. My account number is ** and with this bill they have added $10.00 to it. I ordered Bottom Line Personal but that is it for me from this company. They are impossible to deal with.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

You can't give a negative review unless your experience with them has been as such - I don't understand why I get bills for books I return. They have statements like credit standing alert. That's crap. Companies like this needs to be monitored. People don't need this. Someone help. This is not a fake review.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I have had the same experience as others with receiving books I didn't order then being billed for them. I was told I was on auto shipment. I asked who had enrolled me and was told they automatically do so unless asked not to. There was no phone number or email address to request a cease and desist. I had to go online and find them. They now want me to send it back to them when it shouldn't have been sent without my authorization in the first place. Seems a bit shady to me.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

I received a Black Book AGAIN...!!! in the mail. I immediately returned it to the mailman and told him I did not authorized this order. This book is 2017 - with a lot of blah, blah, blahs...In short it's already returned to the Post Office & definitely returned to Bottom Line book company!!! I NEVER OPENED THE PACKAGE. So what I did was tried my best to browse on the Internet trying to find a customer service number of this ** book company and I was able to talk to a woman and after telling her that I am mad at them sending me this book WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION. And I told her, "I AM A SENIOR, 68 years old, on A FIXED INCOME; I have no funds to order and pay for this book..." So I told her to take my name out of their mailing list and I never, never want to receive any more books from them, she replied "Yes," as we speak she already took my name out of their mailing list in their computer.

But after more than two (2) weeks... Lo and behold... I received a bill for $16.31 representing the First Payment of the books total which is: $48.94!!! Please Consumer Affairs, do something to put a STOP ON THIS SCAM. They are scamming senior citizens who are VULNERABLE. I am handicap, on a fixed income and there's no way, I repeat there's no way for me to order such an expensive book like this one. My account # is: **. Thank you very much for your valued assistance. I hope you can resolve this matter in behalf of ALL people who are being SCAMMED BY THIS COMPANY WITHOUT OUR AUTHORIZATION.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

A few months ago I ordered 30 Day Diabetes Cure. Info in sales brochure clearly stated I would have 30 days to decided whether to keep book or not. Although I thought the book was overpriced there was some good info in it so I had decided to keep it. Not quite 30 days after receiving the book I received a bill stating my payment was past due! After another nasty letter I sent payment using a credit card for entire payment. They failed to charge full amount and I have now received another nasty letter for remaining balance. As noted by other reviewers there is never a phone # to contact them nor is there a website. I will never order from BLB again. I have asked them to take me off their mailing list but that is probably wishful thinking.

Original review: July 6, 2016

Our 67 year old mother was suffering from cancer. The notice she received read, "This status designation has already affected your credit standing with us, and it may well be reported to credit agencies." She has a confused, hand-written note that, "You fail to respond to my requests for why I owe this?" With another note next to it, "I paid it" - and the date of a check issued shortly before her death because of her fear that this was affecting her credit. I discovered this as I am processing estate paperwork. Bottom Line Books should be ashamed of itself.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2015

Our 91 year old mother fell and broke her femur, so was hospitalized (and still is) for 6 weeks. In going to her home we noticed an unopened box had arrived a week after she fell, then another box the next week and then a 3rd arrived. Each time we sent them back unopened. However we saw in her checkbook register, numerous checks she had written in the 3 previous weeks leading up to her fall, all to BLB for $50, $43, another for $16, so I called and the woman at BLB told me she hadn't exactly ordered the books, but they were "updates" to a series of books she had ordered "last year".

That means if my mom had been at her home she would've received them and paid for them, no questions asked, I suppose. Then a bill arrived for $16 and I called again and told them she was deceased and ALL of the books had been returned unopened. Suddenly she got into her account and told me it was zero... No money due.

I'm hoping we don't find anything else from BLB at her home. My mom has limited funds and precious little SS income but this company preyed on my mom, I feel, because she's elderly and her mind trusts people and as we have found from going thru her bills, mail and check book, the info is shared with ALL of the other scammers, mostly books and supplements promising the fountain of youth. One gets her age and shares it with everyone else and trust me, it's over 100 merchants so far that we've re-routed the mail from... I'm sure there will be more new names to contact in this week's mail... It astounds me, how many 'health' newsletters and corrupt & unethical doctors are in on these 'take advantage of the elderly' scams. Has anyone read these books? Are they loaded with more advertising? We've taken over my mom's finances and forwarded all mail to us... BLB is the worst by far.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2015

My mother in law is 97 and she does not order anything. Her son, my husband does all her finances. Bottom Line Books, for the second time, sent her a book Herbal Healing which she did not order. I asked the first time to take her off their mailing list and now here we go again.

Original review: June 18, 2015

After giving up on this company due to bad experiences with billing for items not received in the past I decided to give it another chance. I ordered a set of books for a total of $82.84. Three weeks later I receive two packages from this company; two sets of the same books. I call the company and wait and wait to speak with someone; I finally speak with a person who sees both orders and provides no explanation why two were sent instead of one. She offers to send me a return label. Three weeks later the return label arrives and I send them back by taking them to a UPS store, miles away. Two months later and still no credit to my account.

I call my credit card company to ask what can be done and am told that they have no agreement with this company to honor any disputes customers have (This alone tells me that Bottom Line has no honorable reputation). They finally send me a dispute form to fill out and return to them, the credit card co. which takes another week to go through the mail. I will fill out and send in the form to the credit card co. and will NEVER do business with Bottom Line Books, Magazine, ever again. If you have plenty of time to waste then do business with Bottom Line; maybe even send something to an enemy so that they can have the fun time of dealing with them.

Original review: June 9, 2015

I have purchased products from Bottom Line Books in the past, but no longer will I deal with this firm. I received a book some time ago that I did not order, do not want and never opened. I scoured their dunning bills for a phone number to call and request a UPS pickup since I have no intention of paying for a return shipment that I did not order or am I going to spend my time and postage to write a letter for the same purpose. I attempted to get on their website, but got the message which I am paraphrasing that "I do not have access to this website." These people are contemptible in their business practices and should be reprimanded by some authority.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

BLB sent a book & then a bill to my 96 year old father. He is not in charge of buying anything for himself & has not been authorized to do so for more than 5 years. We sent the book back unopened as soon as it arrived. We do not care about my dad's credit rating, as he will never need or use credit again. However, we did spend $25 to file a small claims suit against the company & filed a complaint with the BBB. This company is the prima fascia example of a predatory scam company. The Attorney Generals of every state should form a class action suit & jail all employees & owners of this scam. They need to be prosecuted & either kicked out of the country or put to death.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2015

I got a bill for a book I never juster ordered or got, my customer # is **. The book you are charging me for is health breakthrough 2015 and know it all calendar 2015. I never ordered nor did I ever get these items. Item #`s 018119 and 903559. Tried to call them only to get a voice mail and would not even let me leave a message. I have sent a message with their message board and have not got a response yet.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2015

When I ordered, to continue Bottom Line Magazine, I decided to order 2 "gift Subscriptions" for 2 relatives. What Bottom Line advertised and I have a picture of this, is that I would receive "Free Gifts" for gifting new customers. What I got, AGAIN by Bottom Line is advertisements that are NOTHING USEFUL. PERIOD. What they send are "Buy this, buy this, buy this, BUY THIS." NOTHING THEY PROMISE AS TO "CURES" THEY WILL "GIVE YOU". They, obviously, are only out to sell your name to other businesses in hopes of making a nickel off of you. What I received was useless. "It's all on page 97 of..., So, please, buy another of these!".

How Sarah Edelsten Hiner can sit there posing with a smile on her face knowing she is deliberately deceiving people out of money and selling them out for a nickel is disgraceful! How can she even look in the mirror or lay her head on her pillow at night and say "I did the right thing, today" is unbelievable! Disappointed, again! One of my "free books" when I signed up was the same book I got when I signed up 14 YEARS AGO!! WHERE IS CONSUMER AFFAIRS AND WHY ARE THEY DOING NOTHING TO STOP THIS DECEPTION? Answer? Because they're getting a piece of the pie, too. Bottom Line=Dollar Sign!! Please, prove me wrong. I am waiting for my relatives to tell me they are being bombarded with advertisements and billings they are NOT responsible for!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2014

For some reason, junk mail still goes to my parents' address and address, mind you, where I haven't lived for almost 27 years (and then only for 3 months, 27 years ago). So there's no reason as to why I would order anything for myself at this address with my name as the recipient. My dad keeps forwarding me the junk mail on a weekly basis (thanks dad! I told you there's no reason for any mail from your address to be sent to me, but you send it anyway!) which I normally just throw out. For some reason I opened this one that had been lying around. And it's a BILL from these yahoos for $43.95 for some yearbook that I have never heard of nor want. Saying that I'm going to be delinquent if they don't get my payment. What the heck is up with this place?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2014

I received a book I did not order and did not want from Bottom Line Books, Corporate entity of Boardroom Inc. I called customer support (for books) at 1-800-678-5835 and had to wait a long time for someone to talk to. Eventually, I spoke to Angela, a nice lady, and told her I had a bill in front of me for $49.94 for a book I refused and had the Post Office return to sender, unopened. She said they had not received the book back even though it had been a month. They sent the book on 11/19 and I received the bill on 12/15. I requested that she remove my name and address from Bottom Line anything that I no longer wished to receive anything from them. She said she would make a note on my account and would also make a note on the account that the book was returned. Let's not hold our breath here. The Better Business Bureau of Stamford, Connecticut has received many complaints for the same problems as posted here. The corporate headquarters phone number is 1-203-973-5900 and the general phone number for the company is 1-800-289-0409.

Original review: March 6, 2014

My mother who is 86 keeps getting books she does not order. (She is getting very forgetful). I have sent them back and 3 times wrote bottom line health to take her off their mailing list. I gave them my contact name and address. Response to the first letter was a bill wanting payment on her account. I wrote back again, stating I returned the books and I was not going to pay for them. I have never heard anymore from them. On 3-5-2014, I was at my mothers house and she had again received 3 books she did not order for a bill of nearly $50.00. Upon further inspection, they were sent to me at my mothers home.

Original review: April 23, 2013

Bottom Line Books company keeps sending bills for a book that was not ordered. As soon as we received the book, it was returned to the post office unopened, "return to sender." You'll never know with strange packages. Bottom Line has since sent three bills requesting $42.95. This fraudulent practice had us wondering what other scams this company is performing.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2013

My husband received a book from Bottom Line Books that he didn't order. Nice letter with the book implying that it was a gift because he was a good customer. A few weeks later, he received a bill. He could not find a phone number so he (wasted a stamp) wrote them a nice letter explaining to them he did not order the book. They have ignored his letter and has kept sending the bills. It is legal to keep anything you get in the mail that you did not order. My advice is do not waste a stamp on them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2012

Same as all the the other letters about BL. I received books I did not order. Now they want payment. Screw them.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2012

I ordered a subscription to Bottom Line Newsletter for a year, and when it was up, I cancelled it. Nothing was wrong with it; I was simply tired of it, that's all. They didn't send the news magazines to me anymore, but they are sending me a solicitation that looks like a past due bill. If I were not scrutinizing it carefully as I'm sure many are not, I would think I had a past due bill, when in fact they are trying to get me to pay for another year’s worth of subscribing to their newsletter by shaping it in the wording and looks of a past due invoice. This type of sneaky underhanded way of doing business is deplorable and I would recommend that everyone stay as far away from this company as possible.

Original review: June 17, 2012

I keep receiving bill for a book. I already paid for a book called 30 Day Diabetes Cure with a check that was cashed by Bottom Line Books. I have proof. What is wrong with this company?

Original review: May 30, 2012

Bottom Line Books continues to send statements demanding payment for a book that I didn't order. I've written them on their statement asking them to show me where and when I ordered the book they are demanding payment for. I gave them my address, which they clearly have, my phone number and my e-mail. Nothing but more bills. Next demand for payment, I spent time looking for contact information for them. No phone number, but I did find an email. I wrote them another letter on their own e-mail post. Nothing but more demands for payment. I have now received a third demand for payment with yet another statement telling me that I have not contacted them. My credit score is 811. Do they really think that all of a sudden I've decided to turn into a deadbeat? Who is going to pay me for all of my time and aggravation? How do I get these people to stop?

Original review: May 4, 2012

Six months ago, I bought a book from Bottom Line Books called Yearbook 2012. I paid for it with a check from my Wells Fargo bill pay account. They cashed the check, kept the money and now sent me threatening letters saying if I don't pay for the book again, they will take serious measures against me. I have written to them, telling them what I have told you. All I get back from them is more bills and threats. I have excellent credit and if they do anything to hurt that, I would then like to sue them, if that is possible. Thank you.

Original review: April 24, 2012

I returned an unopened book to the company, and now, I am receiving bills from a credit agency. I had been a customer of Bottom Line for years, but I stopped ordering from them when I retired several years ago. I ordered and paid for one book and then received a book I did not request. I was told at the post office that it was safe to return the book to sender, as I had not opened it. Now, I have a bill from a collection agency and received no bills from Bottom Line prior to this. I have excellent credit and cannot believe that this company has sunk to these practices. What can I do? I have tried to reach them by phone but get an automated message that did allow me to click that I returned the book. But I assume this will not take care of the situation. How do I protect my credit rating? I will contact the Better Business agency. Is there more I can do?

Original review: April 17, 2012

My son loves history books. In college, he did not have a chance to study Black History. Therefore as Christmas gifts, I gave him history books. I ordered the books at the Barnes and Nobles website, but some were sent to him from Bottom Line Books. I paid in full for all the books that I requested at that time. I have never ordered any books for myself from Bottom Line Books. A bill has been sent to me dated 03/23/12, which was my birthday. I received this bill on April 16, 2012. I was told to pay Bottom Line Books by installments for a book, I assume that is the item called BL'S Extreme Healing:1749 as it was stated on the bill. I have never requested any books for myself from Bottom Line Books. Also, I have never received this item that they are charging me for. I really do not know what it is. It seems that an account #** has been set up for me to pay by installments for a book or some sort of merchandise that I have never requested from Bottom Line Books.

Bottom Line Inc. Company Information