Bottom Line Books

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had the same experience as others with receiving books I didn't order then being billed for them. I was told I was on auto shipment. I asked who had enrolled me and was told they automatically do so unless asked not to. There was no phone number or email address to request a cease and desist. I had to go online and find them. They now want me to send it back to them when it shouldn't have been sent without my authorization in the first place. Seems a bit shady to me.

I received a Black Book AGAIN...!!! in the mail. I immediately returned it to the mailman and told him I did not authorized this order. This book is 2017 - with a lot of blah, blah, blahs...In short it's already returned to the Post Office & definitely returned to Bottom Line book company!!! I NEVER OPENED THE PACKAGE. So what I did was tried my best to browse on the Internet trying to find a customer service number of this ** book company and I was able to talk to a woman and after telling her that I am mad at them sending me this book WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION. And I told her, "I AM A SENIOR, 68 years old, on A FIXED INCOME; I have no funds to order and pay for this book..." So I told her to take my name out of their mailing list and I never, never want to receive any more books from them, she replied "Yes," as we speak she already took my name out of their mailing list in their computer.

But after more than two (2) weeks... Lo and behold... I received a bill for $16.31 representing the First Payment of the books total which is: $48.94!!! Please Consumer Affairs, do something to put a STOP ON THIS SCAM. They are scamming senior citizens who are VULNERABLE. I am handicap, on a fixed income and there's no way, I repeat there's no way for me to order such an expensive book like this one. My account # is: **. Thank you very much for your valued assistance. I hope you can resolve this matter in behalf of ALL people who are being SCAMMED BY THIS COMPANY WITHOUT OUR AUTHORIZATION.

A few months ago I ordered 30 Day Diabetes Cure. Info in sales brochure clearly stated I would have 30 days to decided whether to keep book or not. Although I thought the book was overpriced there was some good info in it so I had decided to keep it. Not quite 30 days after receiving the book I received a bill stating my payment was past due! After another nasty letter I sent payment using a credit card for entire payment. They failed to charge full amount and I have now received another nasty letter for remaining balance. As noted by other reviewers there is never a phone # to contact them nor is there a website. I will never order from BLB again. I have asked them to take me off their mailing list but that is probably wishful thinking.

Our 67 year old mother was suffering from cancer. The notice she received read, "This status designation has already affected your credit standing with us, and it may well be reported to credit agencies." She has a confused, hand-written note that, "You fail to respond to my requests for why I owe this?" With another note next to it, "I paid it" - and the date of a check issued shortly before her death because of her fear that this was affecting her credit. I discovered this as I am processing estate paperwork. Bottom Line Books should be ashamed of itself.

Our 91 year old mother fell and broke her femur, so was hospitalized (and still is) for 6 weeks. In going to her home we noticed an unopened box had arrived a week after she fell, then another box the next week and then a 3rd arrived. Each time we sent them back unopened. However we saw in her checkbook register, numerous checks she had written in the 3 previous weeks leading up to her fall, all to BLB for $50, $43, another for $16, so I called and the woman at BLB told me she hadn't exactly ordered the books, but they were "updates" to a series of books she had ordered "last year".

That means if my mom had been at her home she would've received them and paid for them, no questions asked, I suppose. Then a bill arrived for $16 and I called again and told them she was deceased and ALL of the books had been returned unopened. Suddenly she got into her account and told me it was zero... No money due.

I'm hoping we don't find anything else from BLB at her home. My mom has limited funds and precious little SS income but this company preyed on my mom, I feel, because she's elderly and her mind trusts people and as we have found from going thru her bills, mail and check book, the info is shared with ALL of the other scammers, mostly books and supplements promising the fountain of youth. One gets her age and shares it with everyone else and trust me, it's over 100 merchants so far that we've re-routed the mail from... I'm sure there will be more new names to contact in this week's mail... It astounds me, how many 'health' newsletters and corrupt & unethical doctors are in on these 'take advantage of the elderly' scams. Has anyone read these books? Are they loaded with more advertising? We've taken over my mom's finances and forwarded all mail to us... BLB is the worst by far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bottom Line Books?

My mother in law is 97 and she does not order anything. Her son, my husband does all her finances. Bottom Line Books, for the second time, sent her a book Herbal Healing which she did not order. I asked the first time to take her off their mailing list and now here we go again.

After giving up on this company due to bad experiences with billing for items not received in the past I decided to give it another chance. I ordered a set of books for a total of $82.84. Three weeks later I receive two packages from this company; two sets of the same books. I call the company and wait and wait to speak with someone; I finally speak with a person who sees both orders and provides no explanation why two were sent instead of one. She offers to send me a return label. Three weeks later the return label arrives and I send them back by taking them to a UPS store, miles away. Two months later and still no credit to my account.

I call my credit card company to ask what can be done and am told that they have no agreement with this company to honor any disputes customers have (This alone tells me that Bottom Line has no honorable reputation). They finally send me a dispute form to fill out and return to them, the credit card co. which takes another week to go through the mail. I will fill out and send in the form to the credit card co. and will NEVER do business with Bottom Line Books, Magazine, ever again. If you have plenty of time to waste then do business with Bottom Line; maybe even send something to an enemy so that they can have the fun time of dealing with them.

I have purchased products from Bottom Line Books in the past, but no longer will I deal with this firm. I received a book some time ago that I did not order, do not want and never opened. I scoured their dunning bills for a phone number to call and request a UPS pickup since I have no intention of paying for a return shipment that I did not order or am I going to spend my time and postage to write a letter for the same purpose. I attempted to get on their website, but got the message which I am paraphrasing that "I do not have access to this website." These people are contemptible in their business practices and should be reprimanded by some authority.

BLB sent a book & then a bill to my 96 year old father. He is not in charge of buying anything for himself & has not been authorized to do so for more than 5 years. We sent the book back unopened as soon as it arrived. We do not care about my dad's credit rating, as he will never need or use credit again. However, we did spend $25 to file a small claims suit against the company & filed a complaint with the BBB. This company is the prima fascia example of a predatory scam company. The Attorney Generals of every state should form a class action suit & jail all employees & owners of this scam. They need to be prosecuted & either kicked out of the country or put to death.

I got a bill for a book I never juster ordered or got, my customer # is **. The book you are charging me for is health breakthrough 2015 and know it all calendar 2015. I never ordered nor did I ever get these items. Item #`s 018119 and 903559. Tried to call them only to get a voice mail and would not even let me leave a message. I have sent a message with their message board and have not got a response yet.

When I ordered, to continue Bottom Line Magazine, I decided to order 2 "gift Subscriptions" for 2 relatives. What Bottom Line advertised and I have a picture of this, is that I would receive "Free Gifts" for gifting new customers. What I got, AGAIN by Bottom Line is advertisements that are NOTHING USEFUL. PERIOD. What they send are "Buy this, buy this, buy this, BUY THIS." NOTHING THEY PROMISE AS TO "CURES" THEY WILL "GIVE YOU". They, obviously, are only out to sell your name to other businesses in hopes of making a nickel off of you. What I received was useless. "It's all on page 97 of..., So, please, buy another of these!".

How Sarah Edelsten Hiner can sit there posing with a smile on her face knowing she is deliberately deceiving people out of money and selling them out for a nickel is disgraceful! How can she even look in the mirror or lay her head on her pillow at night and say "I did the right thing, today" is unbelievable! Disappointed, again! One of my "free books" when I signed up was the same book I got when I signed up 14 YEARS AGO!! WHERE IS CONSUMER AFFAIRS AND WHY ARE THEY DOING NOTHING TO STOP THIS DECEPTION? Answer? Because they're getting a piece of the pie, too. Bottom Line=Dollar Sign!! Please, prove me wrong. I am waiting for my relatives to tell me they are being bombarded with advertisements and billings they are NOT responsible for!

For some reason, junk mail still goes to my parents' address and address, mind you, where I haven't lived for almost 27 years (and then only for 3 months, 27 years ago). So there's no reason as to why I would order anything for myself at this address with my name as the recipient. My dad keeps forwarding me the junk mail on a weekly basis (thanks dad! I told you there's no reason for any mail from your address to be sent to me, but you send it anyway!) which I normally just throw out. For some reason I opened this one that had been lying around. And it's a BILL from these yahoos for $43.95 for some yearbook that I have never heard of nor want. Saying that I'm going to be delinquent if they don't get my payment. What the heck is up with this place?

I received a book I did not order and did not want from Bottom Line Books, Corporate entity of Boardroom Inc. I called customer support (for books) at 1-800-678-5835 and had to wait a long time for someone to talk to. Eventually, I spoke to Angela, a nice lady, and told her I had a bill in front of me for $49.94 for a book I refused and had the Post Office return to sender, unopened. She said they had not received the book back even though it had been a month. They sent the book on 11/19 and I received the bill on 12/15. I requested that she remove my name and address from Bottom Line anything that I no longer wished to receive anything from them. She said she would make a note on my account and would also make a note on the account that the book was returned. Let's not hold our breath here. The Better Business Bureau of Stamford, Connecticut has received many complaints for the same problems as posted here. The corporate headquarters phone number is 1-203-973-5900 and the general phone number for the company is 1-800-289-0409.

My mother who is 86 keeps getting books she does not order. (She is getting very forgetful). I have sent them back and 3 times wrote bottom line health to take her off their mailing list. I gave them my contact name and address. Response to the first letter was a bill wanting payment on her account. I wrote back again, stating I returned the books and I was not going to pay for them. I have never heard anymore from them. On 3-5-2014, I was at my mothers house and she had again received 3 books she did not order for a bill of nearly $50.00. Upon further inspection, they were sent to me at my mothers home.

Bottom Line Books company keeps sending bills for a book that was not ordered. As soon as we received the book, it was returned to the post office unopened, "return to sender." You'll never know with strange packages. Bottom Line has since sent three bills requesting $42.95. This fraudulent practice had us wondering what other scams this company is performing.

My husband received a book from Bottom Line Books that he didn't order. Nice letter with the book implying that it was a gift because he was a good customer. A few weeks later, he received a bill. He could not find a phone number so he (wasted a stamp) wrote them a nice letter explaining to them he did not order the book. They have ignored his letter and has kept sending the bills. It is legal to keep anything you get in the mail that you did not order. My advice is do not waste a stamp on them.

Same as all the the other letters about BL. I received books I did not order. Now they want payment. Screw them.

I ordered a subscription to Bottom Line Newsletter for a year, and when it was up, I cancelled it. Nothing was wrong with it; I was simply tired of it, that's all. They didn't send the news magazines to me anymore, but they are sending me a solicitation that looks like a past due bill. If I were not scrutinizing it carefully as I'm sure many are not, I would think I had a past due bill, when in fact they are trying to get me to pay for another year’s worth of subscribing to their newsletter by shaping it in the wording and looks of a past due invoice. This type of sneaky underhanded way of doing business is deplorable and I would recommend that everyone stay as far away from this company as possible.

I keep receiving bill for a book. I already paid for a book called 30 Day Diabetes Cure with a check that was cashed by Bottom Line Books. I have proof. What is wrong with this company?

Bottom Line Books continues to send statements demanding payment for a book that I didn't order. I've written them on their statement asking them to show me where and when I ordered the book they are demanding payment for. I gave them my address, which they clearly have, my phone number and my e-mail. Nothing but more bills. Next demand for payment, I spent time looking for contact information for them. No phone number, but I did find an email. I wrote them another letter on their own e-mail post. Nothing but more demands for payment. I have now received a third demand for payment with yet another statement telling me that I have not contacted them. My credit score is 811. Do they really think that all of a sudden I've decided to turn into a deadbeat? Who is going to pay me for all of my time and aggravation? How do I get these people to stop?

Six months ago, I bought a book from Bottom Line Books called Yearbook 2012. I paid for it with a check from my Wells Fargo bill pay account. They cashed the check, kept the money and now sent me threatening letters saying if I don't pay for the book again, they will take serious measures against me. I have written to them, telling them what I have told you. All I get back from them is more bills and threats. I have excellent credit and if they do anything to hurt that, I would then like to sue them, if that is possible. Thank you.

I returned an unopened book to the company, and now, I am receiving bills from a credit agency. I had been a customer of Bottom Line for years, but I stopped ordering from them when I retired several years ago. I ordered and paid for one book and then received a book I did not request. I was told at the post office that it was safe to return the book to sender, as I had not opened it. Now, I have a bill from a collection agency and received no bills from Bottom Line prior to this. I have excellent credit and cannot believe that this company has sunk to these practices. What can I do? I have tried to reach them by phone but get an automated message that did allow me to click that I returned the book. But I assume this will not take care of the situation. How do I protect my credit rating? I will contact the Better Business agency. Is there more I can do?

My son loves history books. In college, he did not have a chance to study Black History. Therefore as Christmas gifts, I gave him history books. I ordered the books at the Barnes and Nobles website, but some were sent to him from Bottom Line Books. I paid in full for all the books that I requested at that time. I have never ordered any books for myself from Bottom Line Books. A bill has been sent to me dated 03/23/12, which was my birthday. I received this bill on April 16, 2012. I was told to pay Bottom Line Books by installments for a book, I assume that is the item called BL'S Extreme Healing:1749 as it was stated on the bill. I have never requested any books for myself from Bottom Line Books. Also, I have never received this item that they are charging me for. I really do not know what it is. It seems that an account #** has been set up for me to pay by installments for a book or some sort of merchandise that I have never requested from Bottom Line Books.

I am still receiving bills for books that I did not order. I contacted them previously and told them to remove me from any future mailings as I was not interested in anything that they had to offer! What do I have to do to make them stop harassing me? I would appreciate anything that you can do for me. Thanks.

I just received a bill from Bottom Line Books which demanded for payment of $36.92 for a book (Bottom Health Smarts). It's dated 03.23.1202. But I did not order this. This is the third time that they sent me unwanted/unordered book. The last book was paid by me, thinking that would be the end of my subscription. I made it clear I did not order that book, which I just paid to clear things up.

The worst part is that this notice comes with a note: Final notice before collection agency referral. Furthermore, the bill does not have any contact number or an email address on it. It just has a PO Box, city, and state to mail the payment. I was able to read about the unethical business dealings of this company to several customers in Ripoff Report. Indeed, it is a shame for this company to be dealing unfairly to their customers. Nobody will ever have the recommendations to buy or order their books anymore. For this, I hope and pray the right government agency will stop this foolish and unending business malpractice.

I received a book from Bottom Line, then a bill for $42.95. I did not order this book. This company was informed at least twice that I would not accept any books not ordered. It's time to stop this company from their fraudulent practices. According to NY State, because I didn't order this item, it is a "gift". Not one that I wanted, but nevertheless, a gift. Of course, there is no number to call and no one answers letters or complaints at Bottom Line. NY state law states: When a merchandise is sent, although not ordered or requested by the consumer, the item is deemed a gift which the consumer may use or dispose of without any obligation. To avoid the consumer's assumption that unordered goods must be paid for, New York law requires that the goods include a conspicuous notice stating that payment is not required.

If necessary, I will forward this book to the New York State Consumer Affairs office and they can deal with this company. I've had it. Any correspondence from Bottom Line will be tossed products and all.

I received a notice for a book called “Natural Healing” which had a $6.32 postage due. I returned it on the 20th of March. Then they send me a bill for the book on March 23rd. They have no phone number, so I can't get in touch with these scam artists. I am not sending any money to them and I am notifying the BBB.

I received a bill payable for account ** and the book was refused at my home and returned unopened. Obviously, you do not have communication with your receiving department; otherwise, this billing would not have been sent. Save your postage as I will not deal with Bottom Line Books in the future.

I received a book about diabetes for a 30-day trial, but when I got it, I ended up by printing on the package "refused return to sender." This was about 2 weeks ago, and they keep sending me bills for this book, which I refused. There is no phone number to contact them, so what is the next step? I just want to be left alone; no more sending me bills, as I returned the book that never was opened.

Bill I do not owe - I am being billed for a book I have not received and I do not recall ordering a book. I received a bill for $49.94. The book title is "Bottom Line's Ultimate Healing". I do not have this book.

Bottom Line Books Company Profile