3.8/5 (236 ratings)

About Blue Mountain Cards

Blue Mountain Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Mountain Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Mountain Cards?

Original review: April 14, 2021

I signed up for the free trial, sent out two birthday ecard emails (two different people, three email addresses, no mistakes made), neither recipient received them. Not in spam, nowhere to be found, so it looked like I forgot their birthday. I canceled before the free trial was over so that I won't get billed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

This company has refused to cancel my account and persists in charging a monthly fee to my credit card. I attempted to cancel my subscription in September 2020, and again in November. I have tried numerous times to contact them them directly, but they do not respond.

Original review: July 11, 2020

I for a year purchased in Mar 2020 for 19.99?o.95 then was sent a not a member in June and paid 19.99 or .95. Now again can't contact. Can't see a number, did email and didn't hear and 4 people did not receive their 4th of July cards. I found my March purchase and they received funds. The cards are great regret. The purchase isn't worth the hassle without being able to contact company.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I subscribed to Blue Mountain for 1 month and was satisfied but then tried to unsubscribe. Unfortunately, once they have your credit card, they just keep billing you no matter how many times you unsubscribe, send direct emails, or use their online email. Don't be tricked into giving them your credit card number!

Original review: May 10, 2020

I signed up for the free trial and was so pleased with everyone's reactions. I've renewed twice. I have 2 issues. First time recipients think it's spam. It would be nice if the message line included the sender's name. My second issue is when writing the personal message. The writing program is frustrating. The font style, size and color need readjustment if you make changes to the text and if you leave a card unfinished and try to go back sometimes it's disappeared. My solution is to work on the message elsewhere and then cut and paste.

Original review: April 18, 2020

Company sent me an email saying they were going to charge my credit card with an automatic renewal a year after I canceled... they also listed the last 4 digits of my CC LISTED in email. Very unethical. SCAM!

Original review: April 16, 2020

Blue Mountain was very professional and helpful when I was trying to sign up... They virtually disappeared and I have not heard from them ever since I tried to cancel my subscription... I will not give up on this and I will do everything I can to make sure no one else gets ripped off by this company again...

Original review: March 18, 2020

I sent my son an eCard with a gift card attached 6 months ago. He hadn't used the eGift and no longer had the link. I contacted Blue Mountain through email help@support.bluemountain.com and received a prompt response. They resent the link, and the issue was resolved the same afternoon. Overall I am very pleased with the card selection and service.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I contacted customer service through their website days before my free trial was set to end. They ignored my email and charged me for one month anyway. Same day I sent the email I could not use the phone service to cancel. I had to send yet another email to cancel. I complained to customer service, and they ignored this email as well. Is my "free trial" actually cancelled? Who knows? Stay away from this scam.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I took a free trial for 7 days just to email off a handful of Christmas greetings, and also carefully noted the email address given when I accepted the trial. Blue Mountain stated I could use this email to cancel any paying membership. I then sent two email messages on the 5th and 6th day of the trial, instructing Blue Mountain to cancel my membership and providing both my member number and the confirmation number for the trial trial. Blue Mountain billed me anyway and pulled $4.99 out of my checking account. I then called to resolve the issue. After I waited on hold for about 15 minutes, a phone representative checked what I said and agreed to refund the $4.99. However, it took a week for the refund. Too little, too late: a waste of time, unnecessary aggravation, and a waste of my phone minutes.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I have been trying many times in the last few months to cancel my subscription but noticed that they still keep charging my credit card. Their website displays the following procedure for cancellation but there is no Cancel Subscription button in the left panel. It is impossible to cancel the subscription so that I will have to cancel my credit card and get a new one to keep rid off this rip off. BLUE MOUNTAIN CARDS ARE CROOKS!!!! KEEP AWAY!!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

How about the true meaning of Christmas?? A lot of junk Christmas greetings! Had to buy Religious cards and also cards for special people??? I used to find a good selection, but the choice has really declined. Now I have to buy cards and still pay for subscription??

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I've always subscribed to Blue Mountain Cards for one year at a time and have not had the problems others describe. I'm really sorry to know that many who have paid for a card with a monthly fee have been charged repeatedly. I know Blue Mountain offers some cards that are totally free, not even a monthly subscription needed, but the selection is limited. I objected only 1 time in many years to a charge I didn't want. Some years ago there was a separate subscription fee for card designs you print yourself. I paid for it for a year, but then wanted only to continue my subscription for the e-cards the following year. I didn't want to pay a second year for the print-your-own cards. I didn't cancel that fee soon enough to avoid a charge, but when I asked for "print your own cards" to be canceled and receive a refund, Blue Mountain did that for me.

In recent years, I think both kinds of cards are included in one annual membership. I don't think Blue Mountain is alone in charging a new fee by the month. I bought one e-card one time from the Hallmark e-card website, didn't know I'd be charged another monthly fee the next month, wasn't happy about that, noticed the charge fairly soon on my credit card, and I had no problem receiving a refund from Hallmark near the beginning of the second month for which I was charged.

I'm simply telling what my experience has been. Sometimes I wish there were more new e-cards from which to choose on the Blue Mountain site since I've already sent a lot of cards with my annual subscriptions for many years, but still I can usually find a card I like. I especially like the new, interactive e-cards they've been offering for a few years. My friends have enjoyed them, too. I just sent a new, interactive Halloween card to three friends last night. Different people like different types of cards, so I'm not saying everyone would like the ones I'm enjoying and sending. I'm happy enough with Blue Mountain Cards to continue my annual membership year after year.

In my experience they've never been a scam, but because I've had issues with repetitive charges from other websites, magazine subscriptions, even from a florist shop years ago that charged me twice for one birthday bouquet I sent, but I didn't notice the double charge on my statement until the time for contesting it had passed, so I paid dearly for that! I understand the frustration. I could tell details of a problem I had once with a company on Amazon that was resolved eventually, and a big problem with something I ordered from a magazine ad that was a huge rip-off, and I couldn't get any refund. I've simply never had any problems with Blue Mountain Cards I couldn't resolve, and I've never found them to be a "scam" in any way.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Blue Mountain offers a free trial membership that is so hard to end that vast numbers of people give up trying, forget about it, and wind up paying a membership fee for something they never use. This is a form of theft. If there is not law that allows us to take them to court, we should write them terrible reviews and boo their executives and directors whenever we see them in public. There is simply no excuse for this entrapment.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I have been a paying customer for 3 or 4 years. I have not been able to log on my account for the past three weeks. The online customer service doesn't work therefore I can't use my paid subscription. Time for me to find a better site.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I signed up for a free trial for the purpose of testing it out to see if I liked it. I made a point of writing down the date I would need to cancel it by in order to not be charged for the next month of service. I contacted them on the last date to cancel and then after I sent the email... I noticed an email from them the day prior verifying the credit card purchase for the next month!! They charged my account the morning before the last day to cancel... 2 days before they should have. I contacted them and told them I was unhappy with them charging my account prematurely and they responded with "sorry but once the payment is processed they cannot reverse charges." Buyer beware! Don't trust your credit card with this company.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

So, I tried the eCard service, and I decided I didn't like it and wanted to cancel. So I tried to follow the instructions to cancel, and went through a painful call automation process. Even though they did find my account on the automated call process, they still didn't cancel!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Love Blue Mountain. Try sending their talking gray rabbit with a British accent. If you can pen a rather funny and personal note to the recipient, it is simply the best and most amazing card on the internet. Their Christmas greeting this year goes beyond what's out there. Thank you, Blue Mountain. You are the best.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I've been subscribing to Blue Mountain for years. Over the last year, however, they severely reduced the number of ecards available to subscribers. And the cards they left as options are terrible. I've submitted my subscription cancellation and am already using another service. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Original review: June 15, 2018

I really enjoy Blue Mountain Cards and the cost is nothing compared to buying and mailing cards that are just discarded later! With these cards, you are able to send them to arrive on time - no mail - and at no extra cost! My family and friends are always happy to receive them!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have been using Blue Mountain Cards for at least four years. I pay a yearly fee and have never had any problem with seeking further payments or with the payment procedure. I send about 100 cards a year for about every reason. People love to receive them especially with the music and animations. I can usually always find a card that is perfect for what I am looking for. I was amazed to read some of the negative reports because I have had nothing but positive experiences so wanted to share that.

Original review: April 11, 2018

This company's mission is to steal as much money they can legally get away with this. When you sign up for the "free" service they require a credit card. They then start automatically charging you a monthly membership and billing your credit card. I tried to go online and cancel but there were "tech" issues and it took several phone calls to stop this. By this time they had already charged me for service that I never wanted, and they refused to provide a refund. How can one trust a company with these types of business practices and ethics... Rip off.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I’ve now sent over 100 ecards from Blue Mountain Cards online to friends & family for Birthdays, Christmas & New Year. I love that I can always find that special card to suit my recipient from the many available. All the cards I’ve sent have reached the addressees by email on time as scheduled or immediately as requested. My personalised message has always arrived as written by me. I find these cards so convenient - much easier than going to the shops, buying a stamp & finding a post box. Highly recommended.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I have tried on numerous occasions to contact this company and cancel my membership. I have tried to update/reset my password and have not received a response to this request either. I have contacted my bank to stop payment on the monthly charge of $4.99 but each month Blue Mountain has found a way to skirt this stop payment by changing the name of the account. This is NOT a reputable company and I strongly urge anyone not to join this online card company!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

This site has nice cards, but if you want to cancel your subscription, it is impossible. Have tried many times to log in with my e-mail address and password, but the site states they are incorrect every time. All I want is to cancel. I don't use the site. What a rip off!

Original review: March 18, 2017

My experience is the same as the previous one except that it is going on for 2 years. They deduct the money every month and we can't stop it. I am contacting the FTC and ask them to help me, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I called to cancel my subscription because they don't have the cards I want. The first time the automated system hung up on me. The second time I called, the automated system gave me the run-a-around for five minutes. I repeated the spelling of my last name six times before it told me a representative needed to speak with me. I was put on hold, with a message that there was an extremely high volume of calls. I waited so long I forgot who was the on the other line. I will say though once someone answered my call after fifteen minutes, they were very helpful and canceled my membership right away.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

I did the trial, sent the cancellation email the day before it was over, was charged anyway, sent another and they refuse to refund the charge. Tell me I HAVE to keep it another month. The WORST customer service ever and all over $5. Save your time and money and find another e-card provider.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I signed up for a trial, after I tested to send myself a e-card, I didn't like how it worked so I decided to cancel my account the second day. However, the site doesn't allow you to cancel, you have to call them. But the number provided on its website had never worked, it reported having "technical difficulties" and asking me to call back later. So I tried again the next day, same thing happened. I tried call them numerous times for three straight days, none of my calls got through. My trial period is about to end, so I guess they will just go ahead charging me for a service that I've never used. It feels they're total fraud. They lure you to sign up and then prevent you from closing your account so that they can keep charge you. Not sure what I can do at this point. I sent a email to them asking to close my account. Haven't got any response back. I'm very disappointed and feel cheated by this website.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I signed up for Blue Mountain Greeting Cards. Created a personalized Christmas card, uploaded my address book and didn't even get a 10% send out rate. However after I saw how the cards come in to someone's email I am so glad. It is one big advertisement for a low technology e-greeting card. I am so disappointed I tried to cancel my subscription not even 24 hours later. Supposedly you can talk to a live agent, however after a series of phone prompts that take you to cancellation, you have to say your phone number and last name and the automated system cannot recognize either, so it states there are problems call back later.

I called back several times and get the same result. If Blue Mountain wanted you to use an automated system to actually cancel effectively and efficiently, why can you not speak or enter your customer number that they provide? This leads me to believe that they make canceling a real struggle for the consumer. This is my opinion.

Blue Mountain Cards Company Information