1.44/5

102 Blue Mountain Cards Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2017

My experience is the same as the previous one except that it is going on for 2 years. They deduct the money every month and we can't stop it. I am contacting the FTC and ask them to help me, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I called to cancel my subscription because they don't have the cards I want. The first time the automated system hung up on me. The second time I called, the automated system gave me the run-a-around for five minutes. I repeated the spelling of my last name six times before it told me a representative needed to speak with me. I was put on hold, with a message that there was an extremely high volume of calls. I waited so long I forgot who was the on the other line. I will say though once someone answered my call after fifteen minutes, they were very helpful and canceled my membership right away.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

I did the trial, sent the cancellation email the day before it was over, was charged anyway, sent another and they refuse to refund the charge. Tell me I HAVE to keep it another month. The WORST customer service ever and all over $5. Save your time and money and find another e-card provider.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I signed up for a trial, after I tested to send myself a e-card, I didn't like how it worked so I decided to cancel my account the second day. However, the site doesn't allow you to cancel, you have to call them. But the number provided on its website had never worked, it reported having "technical difficulties" and asking me to call back later. So I tried again the next day, same thing happened. I tried call them numerous times for three straight days, none of my calls got through. My trial period is about to end, so I guess they will just go ahead charging me for a service that I've never used. It feels they're total fraud. They lure you to sign up and then prevent you from closing your account so that they can keep charge you. Not sure what I can do at this point. I sent a email to them asking to close my account. Haven't got any response back. I'm very disappointed and feel cheated by this website.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I signed up for Blue Mountain Greeting Cards. Created a personalized Christmas card, uploaded my address book and didn't even get a 10% send out rate. However after I saw how the cards come in to someone's email I am so glad. It is one big advertisement for a low technology e-greeting card. I am so disappointed I tried to cancel my subscription not even 24 hours later. Supposedly you can talk to a live agent, however after a series of phone prompts that take you to cancellation, you have to say your phone number and last name and the automated system cannot recognize either, so it states there are problems call back later.

I called back several times and get the same result. If Blue Mountain wanted you to use an automated system to actually cancel effectively and efficiently, why can you not speak or enter your customer number that they provide? This leads me to believe that they make canceling a real struggle for the consumer. This is my opinion.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Mountain Cards?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Started the free trial then found the eCards do not play in Facebook... it only allows you to share a link that does not show the full initial graphic so the recipient does not get to see the nice looking card until they click on the link. Because of this, I decided to use another eCard service. I immediately went into my BlueMountain account to cancel and selected the Cancel link. Unfortunately, the link does not allow you to cancel, it just gives you the phone number for customer support. The notice says that the automated phone system for cancelling is available 24/7, but when I called it said they were closed. I assumed it was for the holiday (Thanksgiving) since they are supposed to be 24/7.

I called again a couple days later but the automated system said it could not find my account...and that they were closed. I called again the following Monday around 5:30pm CST but again, they were closed and said to call back during business hours. This time it found my account, but what happened to the 24/7 automated system?

I called again the next day (now my 4th time calling) and was told the wait times were unexpectedly long. I was on hold for an extended period but finally spoke with someone who says they cancelled my account, but they couldn't give a cancellation number because I was cancelling the Trial Subscription, not a Paid Subscription. So now, I have to wait a few days to see if they actually cancelled my account and stopped the automated charge on my cc. Time will tell, but what a hassle. There is no reason to make someone go through so many hoops to cancel except to hope they don't remember to keep calling so that you can go ahead and charge them. I HATE companies like this... who have zero interest in serving customers.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

We ordered up ten Thanksgiving cards and received confirmation that they would be sent out electronically on that special day. Despite that, only four cards were sent out... for a miserable 40% delivery rate. What's up with THAT?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I have used Blue Mountain Cards for several years using their Create and Print to send personalized cards with envelopes. I have sent over 500 cards. As of October 1, I cannot get problems resolved. I am leaving Blue Mountain after all these years because they cannot resolve problems with Create and Print. I guess, from reading so many other reviews, that now I will have a problem canceling my subscription. But, will hope for the best response from them on this issue.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

bluemountain.com is a SCAM web to cheat customers e-card purchase with credit card and continue charging the credit card monthly until you discover it. I purchased one time e-birthday card $3.99 to a friend. It continue charging me every month and escalated to $4.99 until I found it and reported to American Express. bluemountain.com should be shut down for dishonest business practice to scam and cheat customers. I would give zero star to this company!!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

The cards are beautiful and everyone I send them to loves them but, I didn't read their privacy policy and data protection policy properly before subscribing (it is pages long and I just wanted to buy an e-card not spend hours reading through these long contracts). Anyway, when you sign up, you are signing up to them selling on your email address and other details to other companies and since I subscribed to Blue Mountain, I have been bombarded with spam emails from US marketing companies. It is very intrusive and feels like a breach of trust for their customers.

Also, they auto renewed and took payment for an annual subscription without any prior notification which I feel is disrespectful to their customers. Most companies I subscribe to email me to say my renewal is coming up and this is what they are going to do. I would have continued to use their service if it were not for these two issues but because of them I will be cancelling my subscription as soon as it expires.

Blue Mountain Cards Company Information