1.33/5
  • 1 star
Based on 87 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 11, 2017

95 Blue Mountain Cards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Whatever your taste, Blue Mountain has your card!!! And recipients love to get them!!! If there’s any problem, Blue Mountain will make it right! Love, love, love their “right on” sentimental cards!!!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I have tried on numerous occasions to contact this company and cancel my membership. I have tried to update/reset my password and have not received a response to this request either. I have contacted my bank to stop payment on the monthly charge of $4.99 but each month Blue Mountain has found a way to skirt this stop payment by changing the name of the account. This is NOT a reputable company and I strongly urge anyone not to join this online card company!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

This site has nice cards, but if you want to cancel your subscription, it is impossible. Have tried many times to log in with my e-mail address and password, but the site states they are incorrect every time. All I want is to cancel. I don't use the site. What a rip off!

Original review: March 18, 2017

My experience is the same as the previous one except that it is going on for 2 years. They deduct the money every month and we can't stop it. I am contacting the FTC and ask them to help me, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I called to cancel my subscription because they don't have the cards I want. The first time the automated system hung up on me. The second time I called, the automated system gave me the run-a-around for five minutes. I repeated the spelling of my last name six times before it told me a representative needed to speak with me. I was put on hold, with a message that there was an extremely high volume of calls. I waited so long I forgot who was the on the other line. I will say though once someone answered my call after fifteen minutes, they were very helpful and canceled my membership right away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Mountain Cards?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

I did the trial, sent the cancellation email the day before it was over, was charged anyway, sent another and they refuse to refund the charge. Tell me I HAVE to keep it another month. The WORST customer service ever and all over $5. Save your time and money and find another e-card provider.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I signed up for a trial, after I tested to send myself a e-card, I didn't like how it worked so I decided to cancel my account the second day. However, the site doesn't allow you to cancel, you have to call them. But the number provided on its website had never worked, it reported having "technical difficulties" and asking me to call back later. So I tried again the next day, same thing happened. I tried call them numerous times for three straight days, none of my calls got through. My trial period is about to end, so I guess they will just go ahead charging me for a service that I've never used. It feels they're total fraud. They lure you to sign up and then prevent you from closing your account so that they can keep charge you. Not sure what I can do at this point. I sent a email to them asking to close my account. Haven't got any response back. I'm very disappointed and feel cheated by this website.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I signed up for Blue Mountain Greeting Cards. Created a personalized Christmas card, uploaded my address book and didn't even get a 10% send out rate. However after I saw how the cards come in to someone's email I am so glad. It is one big advertisement for a low technology e-greeting card. I am so disappointed I tried to cancel my subscription not even 24 hours later. Supposedly you can talk to a live agent, however after a series of phone prompts that take you to cancellation, you have to say your phone number and last name and the automated system cannot recognize either, so it states there are problems call back later.

I called back several times and get the same result. If Blue Mountain wanted you to use an automated system to actually cancel effectively and efficiently, why can you not speak or enter your customer number that they provide? This leads me to believe that they make canceling a real struggle for the consumer. This is my opinion.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Started the free trial then found the eCards do not play in Facebook... it only allows you to share a link that does not show the full initial graphic so the recipient does not get to see the nice looking card until they click on the link. Because of this, I decided to use another eCard service. I immediately went into my BlueMountain account to cancel and selected the Cancel link. Unfortunately, the link does not allow you to cancel, it just gives you the phone number for customer support. The notice says that the automated phone system for cancelling is available 24/7, but when I called it said they were closed. I assumed it was for the holiday (Thanksgiving) since they are supposed to be 24/7.

I called again a couple days later but the automated system said it could not find my account...and that they were closed. I called again the following Monday around 5:30pm CST but again, they were closed and said to call back during business hours. This time it found my account, but what happened to the 24/7 automated system?

I called again the next day (now my 4th time calling) and was told the wait times were unexpectedly long. I was on hold for an extended period but finally spoke with someone who says they cancelled my account, but they couldn't give a cancellation number because I was cancelling the Trial Subscription, not a Paid Subscription. So now, I have to wait a few days to see if they actually cancelled my account and stopped the automated charge on my cc. Time will tell, but what a hassle. There is no reason to make someone go through so many hoops to cancel except to hope they don't remember to keep calling so that you can go ahead and charge them. I HATE companies like this... who have zero interest in serving customers.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

We ordered up ten Thanksgiving cards and received confirmation that they would be sent out electronically on that special day. Despite that, only four cards were sent out... for a miserable 40% delivery rate. What's up with THAT?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I have used Blue Mountain Cards for several years using their Create and Print to send personalized cards with envelopes. I have sent over 500 cards. As of October 1, I cannot get problems resolved. I am leaving Blue Mountain after all these years because they cannot resolve problems with Create and Print. I guess, from reading so many other reviews, that now I will have a problem canceling my subscription. But, will hope for the best response from them on this issue.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

bluemountain.com is a SCAM web to cheat customers e-card purchase with credit card and continue charging the credit card monthly until you discover it. I purchased one time e-birthday card $3.99 to a friend. It continue charging me every month and escalated to $4.99 until I found it and reported to American Express. bluemountain.com should be shut down for dishonest business practice to scam and cheat customers. I would give zero star to this company!!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

The cards are beautiful and everyone I send them to loves them but, I didn't read their privacy policy and data protection policy properly before subscribing (it is pages long and I just wanted to buy an e-card not spend hours reading through these long contracts). Anyway, when you sign up, you are signing up to them selling on your email address and other details to other companies and since I subscribed to Blue Mountain, I have been bombarded with spam emails from US marketing companies. It is very intrusive and feels like a breach of trust for their customers.

Also, they auto renewed and took payment for an annual subscription without any prior notification which I feel is disrespectful to their customers. Most companies I subscribe to email me to say my renewal is coming up and this is what they are going to do. I would have continued to use their service if it were not for these two issues but because of them I will be cancelling my subscription as soon as it expires.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I rated 3 stars so as not to be held liable for slander while I state the facts. I called Blue Mountain after learning that I had been charged $3.99 per month for 15 or 16 months because I created an account for one time use that was set to expire at the end of the month when I opened the account. I sent one card. What I did not realize (because it is not noted clearly on the home page after logging in) is that the account would auto renew every time it expired. I called Blue Mountain Cards and spoke to Anne ** of the customer support center. Her supervisor authorized a refund of three months worth of charges, but refused my request to refund all but the first month of charges. She also refused my request to produce to me record of my electronic signature when I opened my account. I understand this to mean that the company is charging me without proof that I authorized them to charge me again every month after the first charge that I authorized.

Original review: May 16, 2016

I am trying to cancel my "free trial" membership, but I doubt they'll let me. I sent 2 birthday cards that were never received. I tried to cancel online, but that is not allowed. I called their 24 hour automated system, but they kept misquoting my very clear Midwestern accent spelling of a simple name. Yeah, right. So now I have to call during business hours to speak with an agent, and I'm sure it will be another headache. I already sent them an email saying I will dispute the bill on my credit card!

Original review: April 25, 2016

On 4/20/2016 I tried to send an ecard with a $100 gift card attached. I received an error message saying I needed to provide a valid payment method. Thinking I typed my card number wrong, I tried again -- same message. Just to be sure, I tried once more just to be sure before giving up. Much to my surprise, when I checked my online statement later in the day, I found I had been billed for the gift card. I checked with the intended recipient, and sure enough, she received neither the greeting card nor the gift card.

I called my bank and I was told Blue Mountain attempted to debit my account each time I resubmitted! The bank, suspecting some sketchy activity, did not put those other charges through. The original $100 fraudulent billing sits in a "pending" limbo, inaccessible to me. When I contacted customer service, I was told the charge would be removed within 24 - 48 hours. That didn't happen. Now they tell me they have no record of a sent ecard or gift card. Well DUH! The point behind emailing them was that they charged me but did not fulfill their end of the bargain by sending the cards.

These people are clearly frauds. From all the similar comments I see, it's a wonder they still are in business. You use their services at your own risk. I am lucky that I have a good relationship with my bank and they will block any further attempts by Blue Mountain to extract money from my account. In order to get the money back, I will have to file a "disputed transaction" request, and it may take a month or more to resolve. I don't know about others, but I don't have a spare $100 floating around. The loss hurts. I spent just about the last of my money to make good on the original gift card I intended to send to the intended recipient. I guess I understand what being an honorable person is, whereas they just want to fleece us for whatever they can. And this is a company which purports to have high corporate values. Ha! As if. They'll get no more business or money from me -- ever. I hope they go bankrupt.

Original review: April 19, 2016

I've subscribed to Blue Mountain for several years and never had an issue until now. I decided to try out the gift card option and attached a $100 gift card to an e-card, but my recipient never received the e-card/gift card and I never received a copy. I asked Blue Mountain for a refund and they said that's not possible because it's same as cash! They said they can resend the card to me, but I still have not received it. I ended up logging into my account and printing the gift card so that I can hand deliver it to my recipient. Lovely! I recommend not using the gift card option.

Original review: April 5, 2016

I've been a satisfied customer since 2004. Love the convenience of being able to send cards for various occasions in advance. The yearly fee pays for itself if you total up the cost of buying several store bought cards at $3-$4 a piece. I have HIGHLY recommended this wonderful website to friends and give it a 5 star rating!

Original review: April 4, 2016

Unfortunately the company not as nice as cards! I took advantage of a 7 day free trial period. I found some recipients could not open cards sent. Only desktop users could open cards, not phone users. I attempted to cancel during free trial period due to this issue. Blue Mountain system had technical problem. I attempted several times to cancel online, as directed without success. The customer support hours via phone do not cover well either. Your call goes into an automated prompt of no return! Blue Mountain refused return of $19.99 stating I did not comply with cancellation timely! Thus took my money saying too bad, so sad basically "got ya. Enjoy your subscription!" Customer Support needs to be redefined to Blue Mountain! It is a shame as the cards are nice. If only the company could try to communicate the same!

Original review: March 26, 2016

Six months ago or so they changed their website where you select the font, colors, etc. It is not working as the old one did and they, when contacted, said it was being corrected and it never has been. In addition, if you have a problem, they are very difficult to reach. Want to do everything by e-mail and it takes several days to hear back from them.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2016

Everyone who falls for the scam that is a 7 day free trial from Blue Mountain soon will know how difficult it is to cancel their membership. You have to call them up, wait on the phone for hours, and then argue with a representative, if you are lucky. However, I found a solution that seems to have skipped all those steps. If you are like me you might have gotten gift cards (the Visa types) which you used almost all the funds on except for that annoying dollar and change leftover. It's not enough to do anything with really, so you just hold onto it. Use it for Blue Mountain in place of your credit card. I had a gift card with $3.03 and when the time came to charge me for the monthly fee I was declined and membership canceled.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2016

I cancelled my account with Blue Mountain about 3 months ago and just last week I see that they charged my credit card $19.99. I do not want this anymore and I would like a refund as soon as possible. This happened before and I let it go through but I did not use their site. I would appreciate an explanation.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

I signed up for trial membership for 1 month. I have been charged 19.99 for a full year membership. I have asked to cancel my subscription and requested a refund but have not received anything but an e-mail that my subscription will continue until Feb 2017. This company is ripping off their customers who only want a trial membership.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2016

Blue Mountain sucks! Just sign up, but can't get the money back. I dislike the membership because I have 100 e-card that I need to send out, but it did not have the import function. I mainly need to enter one by one. Other e-card website are capable of doing that. If you have many card you want to send, make sure don't sign up with this company. Once you sign up, there is NO NO NO refund. I only sign up for the monthly service, $3.99/month. For the previous writer who sign up for one year, I feel so sorry for him/her.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2016

Do not do business with this company. Signing up is a breeze, but cancellation is impossible. To make matters worse you are locked into a one-year membership. And all of the terrible reviews do not matter to the management of this company. THEY SIMPLY DON'T care.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2016

I signed up for a one year membership. I had no intention of renewing for a second year because I found I did not use the service enough to justify the annual cost. My Credit Card was charged for the second year membership without authorization. I called twice but was left on hold for more than 20 mins each time. I left my number for a call back, but never received a call. I would say that their invoicing practices verge on illegal. I am from Canada and the company is based in the USA, so I have no legal recourse. BE AWARE OF BLUE MOUNTAIN CUSTOMER NON-SERVICE.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

Just want to add my ill feeling to the multiple other dreadful reviews of this company. They "offer" a short, "free" trial period when you submit your credit card details. They take the money at the earliest point and then refuse, even after you have tried to cancel during that time frame. They have very unscrupulous business practices. Once they have your card details they take the money and refuse to refund it. Sadly I think people will only read these reviews after they signed up but surely any decent company would not want a list of comments like these read?!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

We sent a Hanukah and gift Card to our daughter 4 days before the holiday. She never received the card. We had her check spam and junk folder and still no card. First we tried to call their customer service phone. Most of the time we kept getting disconnected due to their VRU asking to say your last name but not recognizing the letters - I must have tried over 20 times and only got past that point 3 times. Then I got past this point, I couldn't get a human. Just got useless information and then the system hangs up. I think they close at 2pm PST - which is ridiculous in today's environment.

The next day I tried again and after 6 attempts - pushed that I wanted to cancel my service and then got a representative. He did not have any answers and suggested they could re-send the email to myself and let me forward it. I am still waiting for the email. I also went online but their website did not make it easy to find help. The only resolution mentioned was to send an email to customer service. I sent a new message to their Customer Service and still waiting on that response. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2015

On 11/07/2015, I opened a BlueMountain.com account for the express purpose of sending my brother an e-card for his birthday, which was the following day. I paid $3.99 for a one-month subscription, and thought that was a reasonable price, since it was close to what I would have paid for a regular greeting card. I did not receive a payment receipt, but my checking account was debited for the purchase.

As soon as my account was opened, I created what was supposed to be an animated e-card with a voice over. I reviewed the card, and it appeared to be fine, so I submitted the order. Then I received a confirmation e-mail that included a link to the card; I clicked on the link, but the card didn't work after all. I immediately sent BlueMountain.com an e-mail explaining the problem and requesting a refund as well a cancellation of my account if the problem wasn't resolved by the next day. The problem was not resolved: my brother picked it up and it didn't work for him, either.

BlueMountain.com failed to address the problem with my e-card, and their only response to the e-mail I sent them was to send me an e-mail confirming cancellation of my account - no mention of any refund. So, I waited several days and sent them another e-mail, again outlining the problem and reiterating my request for a refund. I received yet another response confirming cancellation of my account - still no mention of a refund. I sent a third e-mail pointing out that the account cancellation did not address my request for a refund and that if a customer service representative could not authorize the refund then I would like a supervisor to review my request and contact me. BlueMountain.com responded with an e-mail advising me that I would not receive a refund and referring me to their Terms of Service policy.

I wonder how many unsuspecting customers have had a similar experience with this company. I know that $3.99 isn't much, but multiplied by who-knows-how-many dissatisfied customers, it could certainly add up.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

I created an account to send my dad a fathers day card a couple of months ago. After canceling my account, I was charged anyway and they refused to give me my money back even though I had proof that I cancelled the account. They continuously gave me the run around when I tried to get answers they gave me a "month of their subscription" - except they didn't "give" me anything. The money they took from me was what a months subscription costs. They overdrew my account by 5 dollars, but I ended up paying $40 for THEIR "mistake" in overdraft fees.

Blue Mountain Cards Company Information