3.2/5 (196 ratings)

About Kinetic Internet by Windstream

Windstream is an internet service provider with speeds up to 100 Mbps. The company provides unlimited internet usage with no data caps or overage charges. There are also no long-term contracts, so customers aren’t locked into a commitment and can cancel anytime.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetic Internet by Windstream?

Original review: May 24, 2019

The experience thus far has been less than satisfactory. Ordering was a complete nightmare. We place the order and was told that it would take a week for the Tech to come and install. A week passes no tech shows, we call back and they tell us that they had a "problem" with their ordering service and that the order was filed but none of the customer information was populated. They then tell us that it will be an additional four days for a tech to be dispatched. Four days come and the Tech never showed up. The tech "claimed" to have come by and call, this was just a flat lie, I was home all day and the call logs showed no attempts. They then tell us there is nothing they can do about this and assign another tech to be dispatched but that it would take another week to have the order fulfilled.

I wish that was the end of the nightmare. We were told that we would be receiving the 50 Mbps packages, however, when the tech finally did show up he has "12mbps" on the order form. The tech then informs me that the servicing address could only receive up to 25 Mbps if the line is G-bonded. The tech told us to call customer service and inform them that we want to have it g-bonded. After calling and scheduling another appointment the tech was finally dispatched again. The problem is he tells us that he isn't able to g-bond the cables to speed up the internet. He did mention that if Windstream would put a remote here that we would be able to have the 50 Mbps, but from his tone, it was clear that Windstream would not want to provide that.

The customer service department then tells us the price is the same because it is a base rate regardless of how slow the speed is. I have tested my speed on a regular basis and the highest speed that I have encountered is 10 Mbps with the lowest at .47 Mbps. The problem is that it is constantly under 1 Mbps. Simple upload of 800 Mb took over three hours to perform.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Joshua. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you have had this experience when setting up service. Please allow me to review this and determine the best course to improve your service and experience. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I moved to Smithland, KY in 2008 and signed up for Windstream because here it is the ONLY option for DSL. I have had 127 “open tickets” for service problem last in 9 years. I have had 5 different modems, my whole front yard trenched up by them, and they can never ever find why our internet if off 2 to 8 days every single month! Every time it rains, it goes down. We have replaced every line from our junction box to inside our home. It is not US it is Windstream. Hours and hours and dozens of tech calls. Men coming here in vans and NEVER fixing this problem. It’s down right this very moment. The 800 number says our service should be up in the next 72 hours???? Have I ever been given 1 dime of a refund??? No! In 9 years!

The second another company offers service in Smithland I will drop Windstream instantly! I hope they go bankrupt like the rumors on the web say. They are a joke of a company. Holding rural customers hostage because we have no other choice. And my simple no tv, only medium speed DSL is $99 a month!!!! I could have a cable modem at that price if I lived in the city, and it is ten times faster! We can’t check our email, watch our smart TVs or even listen to music on our devices. It is so slow it will not stream. Do NOT buy anything from Windstream. You will regret it!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Bobbi. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I can understand your frustration with the repeat issues that you have had with your service. Please provide me a chance to review the service issue for resolution. We would hate to lose you as a customer and would like to improve your Windstream experience. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: May 23, 2019

We have been out of Internet service for 3 weeks. Each time we spend 30-60 minutes on a call, we are told they can’t come out for at least a week. They recently told us we needed the higher speed Kinetic service and a new line. Now our TVs don’t work or go out periodically during a show. The extender we have does not work either. The new higher speed program they are promoting is a joke.

We have been customers for over 20 years and the products and service decline with each passing year. They run a monopoly and know we have no other choice. I don’t particularly blame the workers because they can only do so much with sub-par products and equipment, but the corporate heads are the real sleaze bags. If you can go with another company, do it and run as fast and as far from Windstream as you can possibly get! We are now out of phone data and have not had decent service for almost a month. We are dropping our landline to try and save money from this overpriced monopoly.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, L. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you are having issues with service. I would like for you to be able to use your service as you need. Please provide me an opportunity to explore options to improve your experience. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: May 19, 2019

90% of the time I have to reset everything - router, tv connection and phone. It just can't handle 2 devices and shuts down. 30-45 minutes to reset everything. So annoying. Windstream is not a good provider and does not provide what they say.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Morning, Jacqueline. I am LaToya and I manage web-based review for Windstream. I understand how frustrating this internet issue is. I would like the chance to do troubleshooting on what may causing your issues. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: May 17, 2019

I never had Windstream but if I didn’t already have it I wouldn’t get it because the overall process was just horrible. First I did the call to tell a representative that I wanted service. That went well but what I didn’t understand was why I was being put on hold constantly throughout the call for long periods of time. But not only that. They couldn’t verify my identity so they said so my order wasn’t processed. I would have to call them in 48 hours to verify my order but it didn’t end there. I called the following two days and the representative couldn’t even find my order. It took about 30 minutes then once she found it I had to be transferred to another department.

When I was transferred I had to put down a deposit but I understand my credit is not that good and I didn’t have a problem putting the deposit but in most cases when you put down the deposit it goes towards your bill but no. The representative told me that it doesn’t - that they gonna keep the money and refund it back to me after 12 months with them. WTF. I DIDN’T OPEN A SECURED CREDIT CARD SO WHY IS MY MONEY BEING KEPT. At that point I should've just canceled the whole process but I didnt I gave them the benefit of doubt. I paid the deposit after everything was finalized. The cherry on the cake was she told me they will not install my internet until 2 weeks. That’s when a technician will be available. Like come on. 2 weeks. Why does it take that long. I have my modem. Just turn it on. I don’t need a technician to do anything. Do now. I’m out of internet until the technician arrives.

Honestly if I would’ve known this was the process I would’ve went straight to Xfinity. Even though it’s expensive I wouldn’t mind. Their customers service is spectacular and my internet would be working as soon as my order was completed. No time wasted. This is just a horrible first time impression. I would not recommend Windstream to no one.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Morning, Oladayo. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you have had this experience when setting up service. We would love to have you as a customer and hope that you will give us a chance to make this right. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: May 14, 2019

3 weeks ago out for 3 hours. Last week out for 2 or 3 hours. Today out for 2 or 3 hours. High speed works ok when it's on. Hard to plain to clients why internet goes out so often and they have another provider and no problems. When can we get so competition here?

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, John. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you have had continual issues with service. Please allow me to review this issue to make this right. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: May 13, 2019

I've been a Windstream Internet + Landline customer for a little over 3 years & I have been very happy with the product service, the customer service & the technical support. It's a little pricey for the fastest high speed Internet, but I'm in the boonies, so what can I do? Got to have it! I don't watch TV, so there's a savings right there (who needs it anymore with Internet?) & when Windstream noticed that I only use my Landline for emergencies & the occasional 800 number, they offered me a significant discount (my overall bill went down an average of $40 - $50!). Can't beat that deal with a stick.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Kim. Thank you for providing the positive feedback about your service and experience. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to provide you a quality experience.

LaToya

Original review: May 11, 2019

I have been a Windstream customer for 7 years (no other options). The internet service they provide is at best poor. I’m continually sometimes twice a day resetting my modem. I Speed test often and the speed will range anywhere from 0-6 throughout the day. Called today to see if a new modem could resolve some of my issues. Only to be told I could only rent one. Not going to happen. I pay too much for the service already. P.S. It’s 2019. Most everyone knows how to unplug a modem to reboot.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Matthew. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand how frustrating it must be to have to reset your modem constantly. We want you to have the best experience. We have reached out to you previously. We haven't received your account information for assistance with this. Please provide this information via private message for assistance.

LaToya

Original review: May 10, 2019

Just recently moved into an apartment in Dahlonega, GA. The service being paid for is their Kinetic Internet 100 option, which SHOULD range from 75-100 Mbps in speeds. On a day when all my roommates are gone and it's just me at home, my speed tests never hit higher than 12-15 Mbps. It is beyond ridiculous how throttled the internet is because Windstream doesn't care about their customers. I cannot understand how a company in this day and age can care so little about their customers and expect to have people come back. Fix your ** WIndstream, you are in for a really bad wake up call if you don't.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Desmond. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you are having issues with slow speed for your subscribed service. I really would like to get this fixed for you. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: May 6, 2019

As a working business we rely heavily on our internet daily. With Windstream Enterprise/Communications we consistently had issues. It seemed like every other week with always being down, no tech support. When we needed them to come on site aways took an arm and leg for them to send someone out. This in return hurt us. So we decided to switch over to AT&T (since they piggy backed off them anyways). Gave them notice on 9/30 and we knew about the early term buyout fee we had to pay when leaving them and I knew we had to keep our services on for 30 days after giving notice so 10/29. I was okay with this.

When it came time for our last billing cycle they about tripled the price. Not at all what it should have been, nor did it match what they originally sent me in a spreadsheet as a finally tally for early term buyout (End of term 12/31). I started calling straight away once I received the bill and it was showing the incorrect amount. They kept pushing me off saying they will get it fixed. Every month I received my bill with still the incorrect amount on it. I would call asking them to fix it so I can show account paid in full, they would say wait until next billing cycle. Always someone different and no one to directly talk to in regards to the account and billing issues (they use a third party auditor not available to talk with directly).

Now here it is May (5 months later) and they still have yet to resolve this. They've now turned us over to a collection agency (which let's face it is never any fun to deal with). Who really doesn't know what the situation is, they just know what they've been told. I've tried to explain the situation to them, providing all the emails and proof of my correspondence with Windstream and calculations sheets; and basically not they don't care they just not wanting to listen to what I have. Needless to say, We will never be a customer again of theirs. They are the worst company to deal with all around. A very unprofessional unorganized company. I will warn any and everyone I know to stay far away from them business and personally.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Jennifer. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I regret that your experience has caused you to move to another provider. Please allow us to review your experience for ways to improve going forward. I have requested your account information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: May 2, 2019

The problem has been going on for 2 months now and they have sent 7 Techs out to my house now. Call after call to the Customer service all go through the same speech. All they know how to do is create a new ticket. I'm stuck in a endless loop with no resolution in sight.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Morning, Robert. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand your frustration and apologize that you have not been able to get this issue resolved. Please provide me the chance to troubleshoot your service for resolution. I have requested you account information via private message. Please provide that information at your convenience.

LaToya

Original review: April 28, 2019

For the last several months I have been paying the additional $10 per month for high speed internet service. What was I thinking. Windstream cannot reliably deliver service under their standard contract with residential customers. To complain, their local office now has refused to answer phone calls. Since they are the sole ISP for my area (Dahlonega, GA), options are nonexistent. Now I know why they serve rural communities, no competition; thus, a “take it or leave” mentality.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Michael. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that you are having issues with the speed of your internet service. We would like to address those concerns for resolution. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: April 18, 2019

This has got to be the worst company I have been with! EVER!!! I bought a fax machine and there was some kind of connection issue, I call Windstream and they have me do a ten second reset... My modem never came back on (so situation went from bad to worse ). It’s now been two days and all they can tell me is that I can expect a technician at my house sometime within the next 48 hours... I mean seriously WTF? And the kicker is I literally live right across the street from Windstream!!! To some this may not be a big deal but I left my cable company to go to these knot heads and everything in my house from everything I watch on TV to my computers to my phone all runoff of Wi-Fi shakes my head! And don’t even get me started on how they treat you over the phone. I hope this company goes under more than anything! WINDSTREAM SUCKS!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi William. My name is Amanda and I work at Windstream. I assist with online based reviews in order to resolve concerns such as yours. I appreciate your recent review though regret your experience. Please view the private message I am sending to you and respond with the requested information so we may help you. Thank you. - Amanda.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I called today to discuss downgrading my service to Internet only. The price quoted was 20-30 dollars higher than other internet services providers. I would think there would be a lower price for existing customers!

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Danier. Thank you for your recent review of Windstream. We would be happy to review your account and make sure you are getting the best possible pricing available. Please respond to the message we sent you and we'll be glad to see what we may be able to do for you. Thank you. - Amanda with Windstream

Original review: April 15, 2019

We were without internet for 2 months due to the local power company cutting the internet cable; was told we wouldn’t have to pay those 2 months; resumed normal payments in December; woke up to no internet 3 times now due to “non-payment “. Found out they sent our account to collections for no reason and the payments I had been making were going to that account without my authorization instead of the current account they created-also without authorization. Received another disconnect notice after making a $90 payment-shows our past due is $80. Canceling this account ASAP.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Amber. Thank you for your recent review of Windstream. My name is Amanda with Windstream and I would like to help you resolve your concerns. I regret the experience you have had. Please respond to the private message which is requesting account information and I'll be happy to review the account and assist you. Thank you. - Amanda.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Windstream is the only high speed ISP in my area. They’ve had a monopoly contract for over 15 years. They do not care about their customers. They don’t have to. It’s Windstream or satellite and they exploit it. Their customer service reps are horrid and vindictive with bad attitudes and no comprehension of the English language. There are never satisfactory technician tickets scheduled in a timely matter. They do not care if you work from home and depend on them. If you have any other choice go with it. Windstream will bring you nothing but unpredictable service, loss wages and headaches! I cannot wait for them to go bankrupt or for someone to buy them out. Worst run company I’ve ever had the displeasure of doing business with.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi there. Thank you for your recent review of Windstream. We regret to hear of your experience and would like to help resolve any concerns you may have. My name is Amanda and I work at Windstream. I sent you a message regarding your concerns requesting further information. Please review and respond. We'll be glad to see what we can do to help you. Thank you. - Amanda.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Promised 200mbps - I get 7 mbps download, .91 mbps upload. I believe that I was given a sales pitch, and I bought it. It is the weekend and I cannot connect to customer service until Monday!!! I asked about DSL and the sales agent said that it is the name of their fiber optic.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hello. My name is Amanda with Windstream. I assist in responding to online reviews in order resolve service concerns. I sent you a private message requesting further information in order to do. Please respond and we'll be glad to see what we can do for you. Thank you. - Amanda.

Original review: March 30, 2019

My residence has been a loyal customer of Windstream for 8 months despite slow speeds. However, in the past week and a half, something fishy started happening. Multiple devices in our home started disconnecting spontaneously, and our internet speed started to plummet. After resetting the modem 15 times in the past week, nothing changed and it got worse, with latency skyrocketing to 2700 and download speed dropping to 300kbps. Our devices were not able to connect at all for two days, at which point I called Windstream for assistance. After a 30 min phone call in which they claimed they were "sending signals" to improve our internet to no avail, they told me the earliest they could send a technician is in 3 days, and that they will upcharge if the modem needs replacing.

Meanwhile, I'm unable to do any work from home while taking care of kids for a friend in the hospital. Reading reviews on here seems to confirm that Windstream's services are abysmal, with many others facing similar issues. Bottom line -- they are the worst internet provider I've ever had. If my issues aren't resolved ASAP I will be transferring to a new provider immediately.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good afternoon Keaton, my name is Latoya and I manage Windstream's web based reviews. I am sorry to see we have been unable to provide the best experience possible when it comes to your internet needs. I'd be happy to take a look and see what we can do to get this resolved and gain your confidence as your provider. I've sent you a private message requesting some additional information so we can address your concerns and look forward to your response.

-Latoya

Windstream Customer Experience

Original review: March 28, 2019

They mainly utilize DSL in most all but commercial instances where their revenues are highest. They provide the slowest DSL service imaginable but will solicit you ad nauseam that you can have 10 mbps speed but you must lease one of their modems for $10 per month in addition to your service fee. The modem is nothing more than a base modem that any equivalent would cost $50. If you lease their modem, you will pay $600 for 60 months of service. How's that for a company that promises to bring you faster internet at lower prices?

Our service had been placed at 10 mbps sometime back through an unsolicited phone call by Windstream, then suddenly returned to 6 mbps. When we called to complain about the slow speed, they stated a technician would be out to inspect the system. When we called because they did not show, they stated that they were not aware of any service ticket, that no call was made to them and that our internet had never been 10 mbps. Naturally, everyone you speak to is from a call center somewhere in India or other country and they keep apologizing in accordance with a script designed to assist you with your problem. When you push hard enough, they finally connect you to the U.S.-based customer service who will describe a scenario entirely differently than the one actually taking place. If you then have no other questions for them, your call is over. End of story. If you have any alternatives, explore them well before choosing Windstream.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Morning, R. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand your concern about the modem lease price. I would like to review your account for ways to reduce the overall pricing while still providing you faster speeds that may be available to you. We have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: March 19, 2019

Back in November, my internet went out and it wasn't the first time, but after a few days they said a cable had stopped working and so they needed to run another line to my box, they came in and laid it, and afterwards even though I wasn't even there others came in to bury the cable and not only destroyed and messed up the lawn as they were not careful but also damaged my sprinkler system. Once I noticed I called and said they would get back to me but never did even though I followed up later got same response!!! Still have not heard back or have issue resolved, Windstream is very expensive because they destroy and damage sprinkler system and lawns!!!

Original review: March 15, 2019

They give you cheap routers, you don’t receive hardly the amount you pay for, customer service is bad, internet hardly works. Honestly, I play games on my PC and I’m better connecting it to my phone data. That’s how bad it is. If I could give 0 stars I would.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Ethan. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I regret that you are having to use your cellphone data to connect your PC. I would like to ensure that you are able to use the service as expected. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: March 15, 2019

On March 1 I made a substantial payment to this company to catch up my balance and was promised that my services would be reconnected, and account “protected” until March 29, at which time I would pay the remaining balance. However today Windstream disconnected my services and the employees absolutely refuse to honor their word. I also spoke with a supervisor who informed me that I “should not worry, as he will be coaching his employees not to give out bad information in the future.” PLEASE TELL ME HOW THIS IS HELPFUL. Windstream does not uphold the promises of its employees, who are representatives of this company. They allow their customers to be completely misled, and appear to be totally ok with that.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Anna. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. When commitments are made there is an expectation that they will be kept. I regret that has not been the case. Please provide me the opportunity to make this right. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I am not sure if this is an isolated incident, but their customer service representative was horribly rude. I was trying to check service in my area and he had a terrible attitude. I heard him say "wow" under his breath when I did not want to give him my full name as to avoid unnecessary adverts in the mail.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi Haley. My name is Amanda with Windstream. Thank you for your recent review though,I regret this was your initial experience with Windstream. I am sending you a private message requesting more information so we can address your customer service concerns as well as any questions you may have regarding Windstream services. Please respond and we'll see what we may do for you. Thank you. - Amanda.

Original review: March 14, 2019

The internet is terrible slow and goes down randomly for hours at a time throughout the day. They won't fix the problems either. They charge way too much. If they wasn't the only choice in my area they would not have my business. They probably would be out business. No one in my area says anything good about them. Their service sucks. They are rude and overpriced. I'm paying more for for worse internet. When I had Comcast where we used to live had better internet and lower price and it was actually reliable. They have a monopoly over rural areas and it is ridiculous. That's the only reason they get away with what they do is because they are the only choice for internet in a lot of areas.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Hi A. We regret the frustration you have experienced and would like to help you resolve any outstanding service issues. My name is Amanda with Windstream Communications and I am sending you a private message. Please respond with the requested information and any additional concerns you may have. Thank you. - Amanda.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I have a 3 MB plan with Windstream. First few years I got 3 MB. Lately I get less than 1 MB. 0.16. 0.22 0.56. Example. So slow I can’t load a webpage a lot of times. Windstream sent someone out and the tech measured 0.16 MB at my modem with everything unplugged. He told me he could not fix it and left. I called Windstream they told me there is nothing they can do about it. They blamed it on copper lines. Copper lines use to deliver 3 MB to me. The copper lines have not went anywhere.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Morning, Ernest. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand how important reliable internet service. I hope that you will give me a chance to explore all options to improve your internet experience. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: March 7, 2019

Windstream never came and gave me new service and give the runaround all the time and they were very rude at that. Do not use Windstream whatever you do. They are NO GOOD!!! I promise that if you use them you will regret it.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Morning, Nicholas. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that this was your initial experience with Windstream. Please provide us a chance to make this right. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: March 2, 2019

I went to pay my bill thru the app and it said transaction failed so I logged in on the computer to pay it and then checked my account. It turns out they took both payments so I called billing. They were rude and could barely speak English. They refused to admit that I had paid my bill. They then shut down my online account so I can’t view it and when I emailed them proof of the double payment by sending in a bank statement they ignored me.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Dominick. Thank you for allowing us to help you resolve this. We appreciate your time and your business. We apologize for any inconvenience and frustration this may have caused. - Amanda from Windstream

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

If there were any other ISP in my area Windstream would have no customers. We've had Windstream for over a year now and by the second half of the month they start throttling, 2 weeks ago I had 5 mbps down, last week it was 2 mbps. Now today it's 1 mbps. I have disconnected all other devices on my network and ran multiple tests, there is no denying that they are throttling. I would rather go without internet than give this terrible company another penny.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Darrell. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I regret that you are having issues issues that are affecting your internet experience. Please be assured we do not throttle service. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

ABSOLUTE frustration with the lack of Windstream managerial oversight & response to the large increase in SPAM to my email account since 2/18 when this function was outsourced to another company. I believe my email account (& my husband's) is compromised on this new service provider. I now receive high nos. of spam daily, some with offensive language. I have called customer service and tech support (when I can get through) and none can escalate to resolve this concern. Since 2/18 I have sent in 11 emails to abuse@windstream.net as instructed by customer service, with no follow-up or response.

The majority of these spam emails I am unable to block using MS Office as I get an error message that the email address is not a valid address. These type of "non" email addresses should be blocked at the provider level, not one-by-one by individual customers at Windstream.net. (For ex: with Gmail, I never receive spam.) I spend an avg of 3+ hours a week, blocking/deleting Windstream spam. Spam that I never had before this email conversion & this function was outsourced!

Why wouldn't the Senior Mgt who signed this outsourcing ISP contract, enforce and expect the same spam filters that were in place when the function was performed in-house? Was the same level of email spam filtering included in this contract? If so, then those service levels are not being met and immediate action needs to take place - so who is managing this? They should clearly see this as an issue. If not included in the contract, then let your customers know and work to get these filters added to the contract and in place asap. Isn't my data/address still just as important to secure? After all, I am still paying the same as I did before & now for filters that are no longer there.

I believe this issue requires a senior management response & should be directed to Mr. Stephen **, IT, as only he will be responsible to get the needed spam filters in place as had been done prior to the email conversion. ANY time a company outsources email acct information, the customer should be notified & allowed to know well before conversion so that they have the option to opt out and delete their acct info to avoid it being provided to a company they do not know. I should also have the right to know what company it is outsourced to and what country. Sadly, normal customer service channels (phone/email) cannot resolve a systemic operational/possible contract issue.

I have been with Windstream since 96. I have seen many changes. From a customer impact, this is terrible as there is no real help...in a year! Respectfully, I am requesting Mr. Stephen ** who oversees IT & this outsourced mail server group to call me and let me know when the email filters will be re-established. (I also have submitted my concerns via the contact form on windstream.com.) It's quite sad to see that for Windstream customers to achieve problem resolution, they must post their issue here before it will be taken seriously.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, M. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I understand how annoying spam is. I apologize that your spam emails have increased recently. Please allow me to review your account to troubleshot your email service for ways to decrease the spam. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

LaToya

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My internet wifi service goes down 4 to 5 times daily, we call constantly and get the runaround, if we had any other service in our area Windstream would be out of business. We get 16 days of service and get charged for thirty. Being charged double of service? Time for the govt regulators to get involved.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream response

Good Afternoon, Tony. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream. I apologize that your service has not met expectations. I would like to make this right. I have requested additional information via private message. Please review and respond at your earliest convenience.

Kinetic Internet by Windstream Company Information