T-Mobile Home Internet

Author picture
Author picture
Written by

About T-Mobile Home Internet

T-Mobile offers home internet that operates off its cellular data towers. 5G is available in some areas, and if it isn’t, there may be a 4G solution available. Home internet is on a monthly basis, so there are no long-term contracts. There is a discounted price for enrolling in automatic monthly payments. Once ordered, T-Mobile sends a gateway device that can be self-installed in minutes. A 15-day, money back guarantee is included.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • No contracts
  • Pay to switch
  • 15-day guarantee
  • Self installation
Cons
  • Congestion
  • Speed slow downs
  • Limited availability
  • May not transfer

What Is T-Mobile Home Internet?

T-Mobile offers 5G, high-speed home internet for $50 to $55 per month. The monthly price is locked in, which means that there are no rising bills or surprise fees. You don’t have to be a T-Mobile cell phone customer to buy internet services, but if you are a current customer, your internet price may be cheaper if bundled with phone lines.

T-Mobile will pay applicable termination fees to your current provider if you switch to its home internet plan. There is no annual contract with T-Mobile home internet, so you can cancel at any time. There are also no data caps. 5G internet isn’t available everywhere, but there may be a 4G option if it isn’t offered for your residence.

How does T-Mobile Home Internet work?

If you’re interested in T-Mobile home internet, you’ll need to ensure it's available at your address first. You can do this online or by phone. Once you’ve confirmed T-Mobile services your area, you can order the 5G gateway device, which is what the internet works through. The gateway converts the 5G T-Mobile signal into wireless internet that your devices can use.

Once your gateway device arrives, it can be self-installed by simply plugging it in and turning it on. Then you can control the wireless system through the T-Mobile Internet app. There are no data caps or contracts, so you can cancel at any time. If you move, you need to confirm with T-Mobile that it offers 5G internet at your new address. There is a 15-day, money back guarantee.

T-Mobile Home Internet prices

T-Mobile home internet is $50 per month when you’re enrolled in automatic bank draft pay. This includes all taxes and fees. The price is locked in, meaning no rising monthly costs. If you are a current T-Mobile phone customer, you may be able to bundle your phone and internet service for a lower price. Home internet packages are month-to-month and can be canceled at any time.

T-Mobile Home Internet FAQ

Where is T-Mobile Home Internet available?

5G T-Mobile internet is not available in all areas. You can check the brand's website to see if your address is eligible. If not, there may be a 4G option.

Do I have to have a T-Mobile cell phone plan to get T-Mobile Home Internet?

No, you don’t have to be a mobile customer to qualify for internet service.

Does T-Mobile Home Internet have a contract?

There are no annual contracts for T-Mobile home internet services.

Can I use T-Mobile Home Internet anywhere?

T-Mobile's home internet service can only be used in your current residence. If you move, you’ll need to notify T-Mobile to ensure it offers internet service at the new address. If you don’t notify T-Mobile, you may not be eligible for service.

Does T-Mobile Home Internet slow down?

T-Mobile's home internet service works off its cellular towers. If the towers are congested, you may notice lower internet speeds due to data prioritization.

Is T-Mobile Home Internet good?

T-Mobile home internet is a good option for someone looking for basic internet services. If you plan on passing large amounts of data through your wireless network, it may not be the best option. T-Mobile's internet service functions off its cellular network, so speeds could slow down when towers are congested. However, for basic streaming, gaming or surfing the web, T-Mobile home internet may be a good choice.

T-Mobile Home Internet Reviews

Stars Rating

• 12%
  • 14%
  • 4%
  • 7%
  • 62%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile Home Internet?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile Home Internet?

Reviewed June 24, 2024

I went to T-Mobile store in Carlsbad, CA today for information regarding our internet hub. I was helped with the T-Mobile rep named Walter ** who was very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I was going to cancel my service with T-Mobile and go with another carrier however he provided me with needed help and information, and I was so impressed with this gentleman that I decided to continue my service with T-Mobile.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaffReliability

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2024

Tyler and Karvell were both amazing!!! I had been having trouble connecting my iPhone to my T-Mobile internet for weeks. I had searched Google for days and spent hours on hold with T-Mobile customer service with no luck. Tyler and Karvell went above and beyond to help me troubleshoot the problem. They sat with me and my daughter for over an hour updating the operating system on the phone and then they came to the conclusion that it was a password issue with the modem and account name that they helped me reset. They were so helpful, it makes me want to change all 4 of my phone lines to T-mobile, I have been having so many problems with other phone and internet providers, and they made everything easy while explaining it along the way. Thank you both so much for all of your help. It was refreshing the level of spectacular service that we received in the Newport Oregon T-mobile store.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2023

Thanks a lot ** from T-Mobile 9202 3175 E Thomas Rd STE 103 Phoenix AZ 85016. If it wasn't for this store Rep I would have cancelled my business account, this is the best person to speak with when it's dealing with business accounts. I've have never been happier with TMobile until I ran into to this fantastic store representative, couldn't be any happier. 5 ⭐ service. If you want to leave with a smile go see **. She's awesome! LOYALTY KINGDOM! Said so!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 21, 2023

I have just recently purchased an s23 Galaxy Phone at the Corporate Store in Rogers, AR 72758. The sim card gave them a terrible time for at least 2 days, however the staff at this location were awesome. They worked so hard to make sure the problem was solved. Josh, Charles, Joab, and Kristina made sure I got the best of service. I have been a customer when T-Mobile first came to Rogers, and have had nothing but great service. However a piece of advice if you are calling for support and get connected to the Oklahoma office, HANG UP, Brandon was the Agent and when I told him I was concerned about my bill, I had just changed plans and the taxes were now separate so I wanted find out why. He told me if I was calling about 2 dollars and 50 cents we didn't have anything to discuss.

I was shocked by his answer and after we talked for a while he told me, "I can only tell you the company rules and I have nothing else to say." After speaking to his Supervisor Jennifer I hung up. The next day a receiving call block was put on my line and was discovered when I took it to be looked at. He was the last one that had had my account open so there was no doubt he was the one that put it on. My Daughter was very upset when she could not reach me. I am elderly and live alone. Someone of that caliber should not work with the public. I am going to file a formal complaint with the Corporate Office.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2023

Hello everyone, I would like to Thank you Patrickjean, for your helping, I really appreciate you. He was very nice and friendly. Thank you again. Very recommended T-Mobile, it is a good company & service.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed July 11, 2024

I had an extremely disappointing experience with T-Mobile. Initially, I was told that I would have 30 days for a free trial, which seemed like a generous offer and persuaded me to sign up. Despite the promise of a free trial, I was unexpectedly charged, which caught me off guard. When I contacted customer service to resolve the issue, they were unhelpful and dismissive, failing to provide a satisfactory explanation or solution. To make matters worse, the company then sent me to collections over the disputed charges, which hurt my credit score and caused significant stress. The entire ordeal left me feeling betrayed and frustrated. T-Mobile’s actions were not only misleading but also unethical, as they did not honor their original promise of a free trial period. Instead, they charged me without consent and then took aggressive measures to collect the disputed amount.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 9, 2024

It's 1am now and I have no access to my security system for my house or the lights inside or outside of my home because T-Mobile at home internet is down for the zillionth time. They offer no outage map, they don't give you any heads up when they're going to do maintenance, and they do their maintenance between midnight and 4am, which is conveniently when they absolutely refuse to provide customer service or tech support. And they do this pretty much all the time. And to be honest their customer service tech support for at home internet is terrible. I had one time when my internet was out for an entire month because their techs were not educated or prepared on how to deal with outages and issues with their at home products. I'm canceling the service and going back to Spectrum I guess. This is by far the most subpar at home internet that you can really buy.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed June 10, 2024

T-Mobile was great when we left Spectrum for service. No problems that were out of the norm. Moved to Boyd, Texas in Mid December. I have had constant speed issues, sometimes so low it only buffers on a black screen endlessly. My phones, my la top, my Magic Jack phone, all are affected. I have complained at least three times or more. Sadly they want me to do the standard dog & pony show each time. The last Tech said it is impossible to know without doing this. I refused. It is a tower issue and that has not been fixed. The Agent last week said so. So I pay for full 100% service and get less than that by far every day. It was 57.66 Mbps once today maybe twice. T-Mobile is a rip off and I suspect Sprint is behind the tower issues. I had Sprint once, disgraceful. I am going to find someone to make this issue public! Bait & Switch is a Sprint tactic. Now it is with T-Mobile, too.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed June 4, 2024

We switched to T mobile internet in the summer of 2023 for 3 months. We never had fast streaming. Every time we did the speed connection test it would say your connection speed is very slow. We changed out the tower and moved it all over the house to no avail. We called and called and got no help that worked. They did try to charge us $350 saying we didn't return their tower (liked I'd want to keep it). Luckily we kept our paperwork and could prove we took it back. I'd give it 0 stars if I could. Just a bad and frustrating experience. $150 for 3 months of junk.

Reviewed May 31, 2024

I got T Mobile last summer and it was terrible. Too many users, not enough towers according to their tech. I live in the country in a low area. I got a credit last summer so I stayed. Internet was better after summer and kids back in school. But the last 2 weeks have been a nightmare. Paying 50 $ a month so I can't watch Netflix and curiosity stream. I'm watching old movies and fights. Can't even pay my bills on bill payer. All I get from t mobile is, "We're sorry your service is bad." Frustrated to the max I get internet on, off, on, off. I have 3 choices, At&t, t mobile or satellite. Sucks because I had at&t and they're even worse. Had satellite TV and it didn't work on cloudy days. They know I have no real choices so t mobile doesn't care

T-Mobile Home Internet Company Information