Keeper

Keeper

2.6/5 (19 ratings)

About Keeper

Keeper strengthens the security of your online accounts to help protect you from threats. The app uses zero-knowledge encryption to prevent sharing information and generates strong, random passwords for all your accounts. It works on most devices and lets you log into websites and apps with your face or fingerprint.

Keeper Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keeper?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keeper Security?

Original review: July 15, 2019

Been using Keeper for 20 years and finally had enough with their poor support time and constant updates that makes Keeper less user-friendly each update. Very cumbersome today when it was the best app I owned just 2 years ago.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I love the Keeper app. I’ve been using it for years. It keeps my passwords protected. It has saved me many times when I couldn’t remember a password! It’s very easy to set up and very easy to use and yeah it’s $29 a year if you want it to sync to all of your devices, which is totally worth it!!! When you set it up it gives you the information that one device is free if you want to add any devices you upgrade and it’s $29 a year, read what you’re installing or purchasing people!!! I am a tech-support supervisor for Concentrix and I know when people forget passwords it’s a huge inconvenience. When you’re setting it up it does not automatically add extras to your account if you read everything carefully and you don’t want to add anything extra like the dark web protection you can exclude it! I feel it’s absolutely worth the $29 a year!

Original review: May 6, 2019

Unlike Terry, I read the instructions, when the extras are added on, you press the continue button and then you can remove any of the add-ons you don't require. I changed from a password manager that didn't work to Keeper and I have to say I'm most impressed with it, very easy to use and good on Windows desktop and both my IOS devices. It was very easy to set up, importing my data from a CSV file from the old PM. I would recommend this to anyone.

Original review: April 14, 2019

After reviewing numerous password managers and then reviewing them several times again, I elected to purchase The Keeper Family Plan Bundle which should come with KeeperChat and 50 GB of storage vs just 10 GB without purchasing the bundle. I have spent several hours yesterday and today to get what I purchased, which included one chat session yesterday and two emails today sent to Keeper support. As of this review on Sunday April 14 I have had no response from Keeper's “24x7” customer support and still don’t have what I purchased. If this is not resolved by tomorrow morning I’ll have no choice but to reverse the charges to my credit card and purchase a different password manager.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I was totally shocked to see how this company has set up to purchase their simple personal plan. The plan is $29.99 USD per year, which is fine but here comes the amazing blunt rip off. When you click on the "buy now" button on the personal plan for $29.99 you are suddenly issued an invoice with payment box with a total of $59.99 USD. They add all these extras on without you even asking or ticking any boxes with no way of unticking them, you need to go further into do this. BE warned about this very inappropriate way to sell a product. go to their site and see for yourself.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I've used Keeper Security for over 8 yrs with much success. I store all my passwords plus other important information within the App. It's easily accessible on your smart phone when you need either a password or some other important piece of information. I sort of use it as an open platform and I store SS#'s, drivers license information, passport #s and other "private" information within the App, neatly organized, retrievable and SAFE. Plus of course the normal storage of pass user IDs and Passwords for the many web-sites that I have access to. I've turned many of friends and family onto the app and they love it. Easy to use, extremely affordable for the value it brings and SAFE. I've never had an issue accessing the information with my smart phone or PC.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I loved this software, I have it on all my devices. I needed to transfer my account to a new device, so last year I purchased a cloud backup plan (1 year plan) to transfer to my other devices. Now it is expired, and demanding that I renew. My only option is to pay $29.99 per year, auto-renewing. If I select cancel it dumps me back out to the login screen, so Keeper is essentially holding all of my passwords hostage for $30. Now I have to pay them $30 to retrieve all my passwords just to switch to some other free service. Once you retain a cloud account, you have to continue paying (AN OUTRAGEOUS FEE) yearly. Bad business, Keeper, SHAME ON YOU!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

After a scare regarding a potential breach of information on my computer, my daughter recommended Keeper to me. It is free, if you choose not to upload your passwords to be secured safely in iCloud. If you want to sync with other computers and cell phones, you will need to upgrade, but it is very reasonable. You can add up to 5 family members if you upgrade as well. I like the ease of entering and saving the information. I can categorize it when entering, but if I want to just see an alphabetical list, that is also possible. I definitely recommend this for password protection security. I have it on all of my laptops and iPhones.

Keeper Company Information