4.1/5 (227 ratings)

About Google Fiber

Google Fiber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Fiber?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Fiber?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Stay away from Google Fiber!!! I am moving to a new place which Google Fiber does not have service. As I purchased one year service, it does not REFUND for the service that I DID NOT USE. What a monopoly!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

When the salesman first showed up, everything sounded great, and I wanted Google fiber anyway so I signed up after telling them where we NEEDED the line to go. A week later, the wiring contractor showed up to run the line. We told them that the line MUST go to a certain location, as that is where the office is and I cannot have them on wifi, nor do I want ethernet cables through the house. They installed in the wrong spot, but insisted that the internal installer could fix that.

On the appointed day, he showed up, and said no, he is 100% NOT able to do that per contract guidelines. He went to his van and scheduled a re-locate. Fine, these things happen. Group A doesn't talk to Group B. A couple visits go by and they seem to be making progress running the line where it needs to go. Yesterday (2/19/2021) they run another line from the utility pole to the house. When I went to check things today, They ran the line right next to where we wanted it, but continued going, and terminated on the Floor below where we need it.

So, wrong place again. Unacceptable location for our needs, which has now been explained to three people. I called customer service, and was told that there is nothing that can be done, they WILL NOT run it again, and the only thing they can do is run the internal cabling through the floor/ceiling to go up where we need it. No, that is not ok. TL;DR. Despite being very clear where we wanted the external termination point, and being assured that it isn't a problem, it was installed in the wrong location twice (causing potential stucco damage in the first place) and then told that it's too bad, they can't move it. We told them we will no longer be signing up for their service.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I signed up for service over a month ago and was told that they didn't offer service to my home. We cancelled the account and went with AT&T. Today I hear a drilling sound outside my window to find Google drilling holes in the side of my house. Didn't know on the door, didn't call - no notice at all. Went outside and asked them to stop and was told no. He completed the installation of a box that I didn't want or give permission to install. I asked for a supervisor to call me and was told 15 minutes - over an hour later still nothing. I called in and asked for a supervisor and was told no one was available. Finally I get a call from some kid telling me that I can't speak to anyone else and that there isn't anything that can be done. I asked for the box to be removed and the holes patched - I was told no. Awful customer service!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

Very rude customer service. They shut me off for $68 in a pandemic without any calls to let me know my credit card on file wasn't working or to assist me with a plan or anything. My kids missed online school even though I got on and paid first thing in the morning and called. They said, "We'll just have to wait until service is reinstated." Also I've been a customer since they came to town almost 10 years now! Not good service at all.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I cancelled my Google Fiber a month ago. I turned my equipment in the next day. And they are still charging me a month later. STAY AWAY FROM GOOGLE. Cable works just fine. You can save a lot of money switching to cable and there is no difference in the quality.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

My Internet stopped working on September the 2nd around 4:00 p.m. They could not send anyone out to repair the Internet until September the 4th. I called several times on this. This, 2nd and a 3rd to see if they could have someone come out. I work from home and I need Internet to work.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

My experience was inhumane. Customer service give a reason for the numerous unauthorized withdrawals out of my account. Bill was paid. Thank God I checked my acct. Customer Service lie, false info & extremely rude. Please Never Use Google Fiber!!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

If I could give them a minus 10 rating I would. Three days of sending them an e-mail and not one reply after four days, not even an acknowledgment that they have received my e-mail. It is quite obvious they don't care about their customers, or customer service.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I have had Google Fiber for at least a month, and I am already complaining. After a week, I noticed unusual activity. I used a google a/c to setup my service but while using the internet I accessed my "hotmail account". In doing so, someone changed my settings on the account which forced me to access my settings by making changes. I am unable to receive emails in my "hotmail account" that I have had for years. I used my "hotmail account" for business purposes. Nevertheless, I have had to communicate with my job that I have to change my email address which is not something people normally have to do. It is unprofessional!!!

I contacted Google Fiber; they suggested that I change my password. I changed it. The interruptions and sabotage continued. They have impeded upon my Instagram account making it an unpleasant experience (scrolling interruptions and unable to access my settings to make my a/c private). They are listening to my background - my conversations in my home. Again, I contacted Google Fiber to report the findings (disrespect and unprofessionalism). They tell me again that they cannot access my device. Lies!!!! They suggested that I restart my laptop by resetting it. I did it losing valuable information for them to persist in manipulating my device! I set all my accounts up again on my device. For my google a/cs I set up 2 step verification changing the back up emails from "hotmail" to "gmail" and "yahoo" and again they accessed my device.

After a week, I just so happened to check my settings on both gmail a/cs and discovered that the back-up email addresses were changed from my "yahoo" email address back to my "hotmail" a/c. All I could say is "UNBELIEVABLE"! I did not receive any notifications that they were changed; however, when I changed them back I received notifications for both accounts. Tonight, I posted several comments making this complaint known on Instagram actually identifying Google Fiber as the problem and my screen darkened w/a flash. Earlier today, I visited with my daughter while she was face timing and laughed with the people she was talking to and she complained that her device blackened.

During the complications with my "hotmail account" they forced me to be in a position where I could not access my account preventing me from receiving codes to my back up gmail accounts. They did not know that I had a 3rd a/c that I absolutely do not use, but for the purpose to reenter an account. I used it to access my "hotmail account". After they saw that I was able to access it then they took it a step further to hinder access after that. While I was in my "yahoo" account I deleted "999 emails". I logged off and reentered the account to discover that those very same emails were placed back into my "inbox". Unbelievable! I am at a point to where I am thinking about getting spectrum b/c these acts are vicious and disgraceful.

Every time a Google Fiber representative would access my device before my initial complaint a I would click on an app. When I click on this particular app a Google Fiber page or banner would pop open and not the app that I intended. I print screen it and during my 2nd complain I explained the it to the representative and they denied it. They didn't trying to investigate they immediately denied my concerns. At this point, Google Fiber does not deserve "a" star!!!! But I'm required to select in order to submit my complaint.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I just moved in and see a Google Fiber wall jack. The previous tenant removed the modem box but the neighbor across the hall confirmed there is fiber in this building. The customer service reps can not seem to locate my address on a map so they tell me the service is unavailable. There is no one willing to check out where the other tenant put their service address as and I know there is google fiber here. They just are too lazy to find the address. The phone number to their call center now does not even answer my calls and they have the audacity to send me to their survey after making me wait on hold for 15 minutes. This company has no integrity or humanity. They just want your money.

Google Fiber Company Information