2.3/5 (59 ratings)

About Google Fiber

Google Fiber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Fiber?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Fiber?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

This App is Malicious and invasive. It Advertised as being A Ad Blocking App for free, the first week. I downloaded it 10/27/2022. I noticed that I was charged $1.99 this same day on I deleted it 10/30/2022. The first day it showed up with all of my other Apps in my settings. 24 hours later I couldn't find this app anywhere in or on my phone. Then my phone began getting HOT & APPS THAT I DIDN'T DOWNLOAD BEGAN Appearing. Neither could I find this App in the Google Play Store. During the 3 day hunt for this App I found a way to open this App, and I deleted it then I opened my Google account Site settings and scrolled through it and it showed the website for this App. I tried to open it up. It said dangerous site. I Think I Removed the Virus in my 3 week old Moto G CELL PHONE.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I have been trying to contact Google for years to inform them that I am receiving other people’s emails. There is no direct contact number. The troubleshooting steps that are provided online do not work.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I had Fiber with Google twice in the last 5 years. Just recently switched back to Google Fiber 1GB internet. The internet is not consistent and has major latency issues and bad jitter. I don't care what the speeds show but the proof is in the pudding. The speeds are shotty at best and cannot handle a simple 4k video running with 2 or more devices connected to it. This is off of a brand-new hub in my neighborhood, that has at max 5 other households attached. It should be a crime what they are advertising but then giving to consumers.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

When Google Fiber was available in my area, I immediately signed up, the line and box were put in immediately, then the first installation appointment was scheduled. Cancelled ten minutes before, reason, 'poor signal strength'. Second installation scheduled, that technician came out, poor signal strength. He and CS supervisor contacted the team to get this corrected, the third appointment scheduled today, still no signal. Talking to CS, supposedly a technician arrived at my home, corrected the problem, but I have a closed backyard, no one ever showed up. The Chat CS today said this was the first time a correct escalation request was sent through. I received a phone call today, stating the problem had been taken care of and we could set up a new (fourth) installation date. I would not recommend this company until they have worked through their internal problems

Original review: July 30, 2022

Google Fiber technicians and field operations technicians have no clue what they are doing and they cannot identify the issue without playing the blame game. The internal technicians can only setup the equipment and check your signal and are not really qualified or educated to do anything else which results in "sorry there is not much more I can do on my end". When they schedule the field technicians which are supposed to be the ones that install the line are usually never available to fix the issue which results in 4-6 business days without internet and there is no way to contact them directly and Google Fiber customer service has no idea when they will show up and will not provide an ETA.

I work from home and have been without internet for 4 days and haven't been able to work and I keep getting the same run around from customer service. Google Fiber needs to fix their repair process because it is a mess and they don't care about their customers. I honestly had higher expectations from Google Fiber but they are a huge disappointment and have the worst possible service.

Original review: July 19, 2022

It's down on a weekly basis sometimes 7+ hours at a time. According to customer service the fiber is more likely to break in the summer. My son lives nearby and has not experienced 1 outage this summer with Spectrum. Clearly Google Fiber is too delicate to be reliable.

Original review: June 30, 2022

Note: I have AT&T Fiber as my internet service provider. One of my neighbors got Google Fiber. The technician who installed her line cut my line, leaving me without internet for 5 days. I lost 3 days of work because of this. I will now have to use vacation time. I'm pissed...the tech that had to fix my line confirmed it. I'm never getting Google Fiber...techs have no idea what they're doing!

Original review: June 3, 2022

I have been a Google Fiber customer for more than 2 years. When I signed up they mentioned "giving" the two wifi mesh routers as part of signing up. When I cancelled my service this month, I was informed these were just loaned to me and would have to return them. The support person, Ben, said this is "the policy" and all ISPs do this. This is one of the reason I thought Google was different. Other companies are at least upfront about loaning you the router and inform you if they are going to change the monthly rental fee. If the installation guy, the account person, or anyone told me that these were loaned to me, I would not have sold my other router. Google and its staff should be more upfront about the what is actually given to you in their service and not loaned.

Original review: May 19, 2022

After repeated requests prior to exterior installation to call and schedule a time to discuss the install before starting, and multiple promises that would happen from the Google customer service representatives, the installer showed up and installed the exterior connection in an incorrect spot damaging the exterior of my home in the process. After 3 months of repeated calls, conversations, and promises not one person has ever called me back to try to address the issue and I still have property damage caused by Google Fiber and no internet service from them.

At this point, I have requested they simply close the account and I will figure out how to remove the exterior connection and repair the damage myself to not have to deal with them again. The one thing Google Fiber should be proud of is accomplishing something I never thought anyone would be able to do and that is make me glad I'm a Comcast customer because their customer service is somehow better than Google Fiber's.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Google Fiber will not follow through with construction problems. Been months, calls, they even came and took photos only to not address the bare spots and damage to my lawn. They sure didn't have any issues coming on to my pro.

Google Fiber Company Information