4.0/5 (254 ratings)

About Google Fiber

Google Fiber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Fiber?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Fiber?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I set up 3 appointments with Google to have them come out and install their internet inside my house. All 3 times they had an excuse as to why they couldn't do it. The first two had to do with the line not installed from the street to my house which they should know before setting up an appointment. The third they said something happened to the line. The worst part is they decided to wait until the actual appointment time to let me know when they knew way ahead of time the proper equipment hadn't been installed. All they offered to compensate me for my time was $25. Save your time and go with someone else.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Back in late April a salesman came to my door selling Google Fiber. Since I was not having a great experience with wifi on Comcast/Xpedia I was willing to listen. I told him that I had a contract with Xpedia until November so I would have to wait, he told me that they would pay for the early termination fee, so I agreed to change. He lied. I have tried to get them to pay that fee since last June. Called them numerous times and finally I get an email stating that they were sorry THEIR salesman told me that but they were not going to honor it. I'm basically happy with the service, but a company that doesn't honor what their agent says is just not, well, honorable. Don't believe anything they say.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

They made a big deal about providing 1000 Mbps and that they were the best company for that. Nothing could be further from the truth! At any given time it barely reached 100 Mbps. What's worse is when I called to get help, it took me over an hour to reload the whole system only to have the same issues two weeks later. They sent two guys over to see what the problem was and when they saw that I was only getting 100 Mbps, they procerded to try and convince me that I could run all my electronics with only 100 Mbps! Don't promise 1000 when the best you can do is 100! I'm done with Google Fiber and going back to Xfinity!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Sub-par customer service. I needed help with a Google Router configuration issue. After a Google Help chat proved completely useless, I reached out to Tech Support, and chose to be called on the phone, because the wait time was over 2 hours. I got a call from Tech Support and was told that somebody will be with me in less than 2 minutes. After 21 minutes on hold, I hung up. This is sub-par customer service.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

The internet was pretty fast at my old location back in SoCal, and there wasn’t any disruptions in between. With that said, I had to move tomorrow early in the morning and use the Internet the night before so I wasn’t able to return the fiber devices to the nearest location in time. When I brought my devices to FedEx, they had an issue with scanning the barcode, and this actually happened twice when I asked for another barcode from the customer service. The ‘print the label yourself’ was pretty bad too because I had no printer and the FedEx self service sucked so bad in my new area and it was weird that there was a five day limit on the ‘print the label yourself’ label. I’m not quite sure but the whole thing with returning was a hassle if you don’t have a Google Fiber store nearby.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Google 2 gig Router/Modem is defective. The box resets four or more times a day. Had a technician come out and check system. He replaced hardware but told us that the new box would start doing the same thing shortly. He said that Google was aware of the issue but did not have a resolution. Technician stated we could opt to downgrade to 1 gig or live with the multiple resets throughout the day. Despite the defect in their hardware, they are still promoting and selling the 2 gig services without making customers aware of the issue.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

My top advice is... Do Not cancel your current provider until you are set up and running smoothly. Sales people will tell you pretty much anything and unfortunately, I fell for it. Scheduled my install 30 days prior, took the day off work then they showed up 2 hours early. Wow, great you may think... turns out the step prior to the tech actually installing was never completed. They cancelled my appointment on the spot, told me they have no idea how long it will take to fix and it was my responsibility to reschedule my appointment. The tech's words when I asked how I would be notified when they were ready for me to reschedule. "I don't know, you'll probably get an email or something." Long story short, I needed to quickly reinstate my previous wifi service because according to Google Fiber customer service it could take "several days" to resolve.

In addition, when the tech was at my house my neighbor who already has Google Fiber came over to ask the tech if he knew why the Google Fiber WiFi was down. So this sounds to me like not only do they have installation coordination problems they also have technical issues. I am very seriously considering canceling with them all together.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

This company needs a lawsuit for charging their customers for service they are not getting. This will be day 3 of techs coming out to "fix" the issue. When you pull up the Google home app and do a speed test, it looks great! However, don't be fooled, pull up the speed test via googlespeedtest.com and run it from there. From the app my speeds were 877, from the internet my speeds are 25.3 (hard wired). THIS IS ROBBERY and I have posted numerous posts on FB and several, I mean SEVERAL people have this same issue! Google needs to pay back all their customers millions of dollars they are stealing from them!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Google Fiber is excellent, so much better and more affordable than Comcast. I am fortunate to have the option in my neighborhood. Wifi extenders on every floor give super fast internet throughout the house.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Since my Google Fiber was Installed, it has not worked. The techs that came and the supervisor said that a construction site tech was going to work on the building that same day. After calling 6 times, customer service said it was my new equipment and no one would come back to support me. Now I’ve been waiting for 3 days for customer service to send me a return shipping label since I cancelled the service. They lie blatantly. Take your money so they do not cancel your service. This is very common with Google after discussing this with some of the residents in these 40 buildings.

Google Fiber Company Information