Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.88/5

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Google Fiber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Fiber?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Fiber?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

If I could give them a minus 10 rating I would. Three days of sending them an e-mail and not one reply after four days, not even an acknowledgment that they have received my e-mail. It is quite obvious they don't care about their customers, or customer service.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I have had Google Fiber for at least a month, and I am already complaining. After a week, I noticed unusual activity. I used a google a/c to setup my service but while using the internet I accessed my "hotmail account". In doing so, someone changed my settings on the account which forced me to access my settings by making changes. I am unable to receive emails in my "hotmail account" that I have had for years. I used my "hotmail account" for business purposes. Nevertheless, I have had to communicate with my job that I have to change my email address which is not something people normally have to do. It is unprofessional!!!

I contacted Google Fiber; they suggested that I change my password. I changed it. The interruptions and sabotage continued. They have impeded upon my Instagram account making it an unpleasant experience (scrolling interruptions and unable to access my settings to make my a/c private). They are listening to my background - my conversations in my home. Again, I contacted Google Fiber to report the findings (disrespect and unprofessionalism). They tell me again that they cannot access my device. Lies!!!! They suggested that I restart my laptop by resetting it. I did it losing valuable information for them to persist in manipulating my device! I set all my accounts up again on my device. For my google a/cs I set up 2 step verification changing the back up emails from "hotmail" to "gmail" and "yahoo" and again they accessed my device.

After a week, I just so happened to check my settings on both gmail a/cs and discovered that the back-up email addresses were changed from my "yahoo" email address back to my "hotmail" a/c. All I could say is "UNBELIEVABLE"! I did not receive any notifications that they were changed; however, when I changed them back I received notifications for both accounts. Tonight, I posted several comments making this complaint known on Instagram actually identifying Google Fiber as the problem and my screen darkened w/a flash. Earlier today, I visited with my daughter while she was face timing and laughed with the people she was talking to and she complained that her device blackened.

During the complications with my "hotmail account" they forced me to be in a position where I could not access my account preventing me from receiving codes to my back up gmail accounts. They did not know that I had a 3rd a/c that I absolutely do not use, but for the purpose to reenter an account. I used it to access my "hotmail account". After they saw that I was able to access it then they took it a step further to hinder access after that. While I was in my "yahoo" account I deleted "999 emails". I logged off and reentered the account to discover that those very same emails were placed back into my "inbox". Unbelievable! I am at a point to where I am thinking about getting spectrum b/c these acts are vicious and disgraceful.

Every time a Google Fiber representative would access my device before my initial complaint a I would click on an app. When I click on this particular app a Google Fiber page or banner would pop open and not the app that I intended. I print screen it and during my 2nd complain I explained the it to the representative and they denied it. They didn't trying to investigate they immediately denied my concerns. At this point, Google Fiber does not deserve "a" star!!!! But I'm required to select in order to submit my complaint.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I just moved in and see a Google Fiber wall jack. The previous tenant removed the modem box but the neighbor across the hall confirmed there is fiber in this building. The customer service reps can not seem to locate my address on a map so they tell me the service is unavailable. There is no one willing to check out where the other tenant put their service address as and I know there is google fiber here. They just are too lazy to find the address. The phone number to their call center now does not even answer my calls and they have the audacity to send me to their survey after making me wait on hold for 15 minutes. This company has no integrity or humanity. They just want your money.

Original review: June 29, 2020

First the speed is not what they say. Then the connection is not stable, the internet keeps going down every now and then. Very frustrating when one needs internet more than before now to work from home. They did change the router once on complaining, but that didn't solve the issue. Not going to get this internet till I have other options.

Original review: June 25, 2020

"What, when we said 1000mbps, you really wanted that? With a CAT5e ethernet connection and a gigabit LAN card? And you'd be happy with 200mbps? Dude, it's your computer--your computer sucks, you need to get a new computer. What? What computer should you buy that will get 200mbps? We have no idea! Nope, there is no computer on the face of the Earth that we can tell you will actually get anything close to what we advertise. Suck on it, loser! Just pay your bill every month, and we're good!"

Original review: June 20, 2020

I have had Google Fiber since February. It is June 19 as I write this and this is the 6th time we have lost service! Fast when working, problem is its down all the time! Getting a tech is a 3 day wait! Unbelievable!! Do not use this service. One of the times we were down was because an incompetent tech hooked another house up and disconnected us in the process. I am now on a 4 day wait for a tech. I will be using this time to see if someone else can run service to my home with decent speed.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I have not been impressed with Google Fiber. I had Spectrum and decided to try out Google Fiber just to see if it would be any better. Well IT'S NOT!!! It's slower and it cuts out when it rains. I have decided to live with it just to avoid the hassle of changing again but now I can't change my the payment date. I have been reading all these customers asking to change the withdrawal date and they go back to 2018. The solution seems to be tell customers to get a pre-paid credit card. Every other company in the world allows you to change the date. You just log in and adjust the date with no hassle. Not Google Fiber. I live paycheck to paycheck. I just needed a couple days till I get paid but you can't do it. Nope, they would rather you not eat for a few days. Oh, but you can pay early!!! Bet they will take your money early just don't ask for a couple days late. I think I'll be getting in touch with Spectrum. Google Fiber clearly does not care about people.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Google Fiber was installed two years ago in my city and when doing so they cut our electric fence and our AT&T internet connection and in the end they didn’t even finish. Now they are doing it again and the same thing has happened, but in the middle of a lockdown so my parents can’t access their work and my sister and I can’t do our schoolwork. Thanks a lot google.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I was past due by a month on my Fiber acct due to issues with the Corona Virus and worked out an extension (they provide one per year) to pay my $140 bill off by 5.6.2020. In good faith I authorized a partial payment of $70 on 4.23.2020 only to find out the next day that they charged me $70 twice equaling my entire balance. I contacted customer service and their excuse was the system doesn't take partial payments if you're past due, except that they did take a partial payment and later charged me for the rest. Long story short they refused to credit me the $70 that I didn't authorized and their excuse was always the same, the system isn't set up that way! They didn't even try to help, their answer was, "If there aren't any more questions can we end this chat?" Seriously - nothing. Just basically you're screwed sir! #clueless

Original review: March 25, 2020

We've had the 1GB Google Fiber service since we moved in in December 2019 and since we've had it, we've had horrific, slow speeds and we drop connection at least 20+ times a day. I can't stream videos in full, let alone work from home without constantly dropping service. The download speed is a whopping 40mb and upload at 80-100mb. I'm paying $70 a month for junk speeds and connection. I've called them a few times and the first lady was nice but blew me off with just watch it and credited my account with a huge $25! (pathetic, I should dispute my charges with my bank and shouldn't have to pay for this trash service).

2nd time was to "hard reset" everything which did nothing. 3rd time the lady wasted 1 hour of my time and did NOTHING since she needs "3 time stamps" in order to escalate. She said its not her fault that I didn't want a tech coming into my home during this global Pandemic with Coronavirus. What a joke these people... again dealing with a huge corporation and getting lost in the mix of a million customers - no one cares. You're just one more account and that's how they do business.

How about try sending out a new modem first if you've tried to "hard reset" and it didn't work and your client hasn't had service that is even acceptable since he's moved in(4 months now)??? I'll be reviewing them on all platforms online so that people know what type of service & customer service they provide. BBB is next.... I'm entitled to share my experience and frankly, no one cared to address my issue and take me seriously to keep me as a customer. 1 GB = a joke. I can't even work from home. Pathetic.

Google Fiber Company Information