3.9/5 (580 ratings)

About Xfinity Internet

Comcast Internet Service has Flex 4K streaming and hotspot services. Find the right speed of service for your home by answering a few simple questions to have Comcast match you with the right plan. Comcast Internet Service also has advanced security features that block online threats to connected devices through its free Gateway service.

Pros

• Frequent deals
  • No-contract options
  • Reliable speed

Cons

• Service can be pricey

Bottom Line

Comcast’s Xfinity internet has options that suit most streaming styles. Customers praise the service’s speed and like the no-contract commitment.

Top Xfinity Internet Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Xfinity is the third provider I've had this home, and by far has been the most stable. Especially with me having a teenaged gamer in the house. I also love the ability to be just ...

Verified

I have been with Comcast for now for four years. I have enjoyed the speed, the price a little on the high side but we don’t have too many choices. Before I used Comcast I [had] an...

Comcast Xfinity internet plans

Xfinity internet plans are organized by speed, ranging from 15 Mbps, ideal for one to two devices and light streaming, to 2,000 Mbps, which is good for whole-home connectivity and multiplayer gaming. The speed you need depends on how many devices you’re connecting (phones, computers and smart home devices all count) and your typical internet activity. For most individuals and small families, 100 to 200 Mbps is sufficient.

Xfinity availability

Xfinity provides services in select states. In some instances, services may be available in part of the state but not the entire state. Contact Xfinity to see if service is available in your area.

Xfinity is available in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity internet prices

The price of Xfinity varies depending on the streaming speed you need. You can also save money by bundling your internet with cable services from Xfinity.

Speed# of devicesGood forStarting cost
15 Mbps1 - 2Music downloads, light streaming$49.95/mo
100 MbpsUp to 5Music downloads, light streaming$77.95/mo
200 MbpsUp to 8Multiple device streaming$39.99/mo
300 MbpsUp to 11HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$59.99/mo
600 Mbps12+HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$69.99/mo
1000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$79.99/mo
2000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$299.95/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity offers no-contract plans that allow you to cancel your service at any time without paying an early termination fee. Many of the company’s plans offer introductory rates or deals, which means the rate you’re quoted may only apply for the first 12 to 24 months of service. After this period, the fee may increase without warning.

Xfinity equipment

You can rent or buy equipment from Xfinity, including routers and modems, to support your internet plans. Xfinity also offers smart home equipment, including security cameras. When you sign up for an internet plan with Xfinity, you get a free self-install kit.

xfi gateway
xFi Gateway

The xFi Gateway is a modem and router in one. You can rent the xFi Gateway for $14 a month.

xfi pods
xFi Pods

xFi Pods are Wi-Fi extenders designed to combat dead spots. These ensure large homes have complete coverage.

xfinity camera
Xfinity Camera

These cameras capture and record live HD video. The camera can detect motion from people, pets and vehicles. Indoor/outdoor usage.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

How fast is Xfinity internet?
Xfinity offers a range of speeds that start at 15 Mbps and go up to 2 Gbps. Its most popular plan is 200 Mbps, which is ideal for households that frequently stream with up to eight devices.
Are Comcast and Xfinity the same thing?
Yes. Comcast owns the Xfinity brand. You may see services referred to as Comcast Xfinity or simply Xfinity, but both names refer to the same service.
What kind of modem does Xfinity use?
Xfinity offers the xFi Gateway, which is a router and modem in one. You can rent it from Xfinity as part of your internet service plan.
Does Xfinity charge equipment fees?
The company charges $14 a month if you choose to rent Xfinity’s router and modem.

Is Xfinity internet good?

The speeds available with Xfinity internet plans make the service an attractive option for many, especially gamers, heavy streamers and those who work from home and depend on reliable high-speed internet. Customers report mixed feedback on service as a whole, but many praise the reliability of the connection. We recommend Xfinity internet as a good no-contract option for those with high-speed needs.

Xfinity Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Internet?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Terrible customer service. Terrible speeds. Increased Intermittent outages. It was embarrassing telling my new employer that my internet connection was down yesterday. It was down for 5 hours throughout peak business hours. I had to tether my laptop to my iPhone and use my AT&T 5G service. Overall, company is scamming its customers.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Can't get to my account unless I get their app. Can't change my password but I can pay my bill online. I don't have enough space in my cell for an app ➕ customer service is done by an answering machine

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I wasted an insane amount of time attempting to resolve a billing issue for a cancelled account. The account has been billed for two months after the account was cancelled and the equipment was returned. I do not want to have to use their automated service to "resolve" this issue because it won't work. Yet again wasting even more time. They texted a link to my phone and then ended the call after going through all the hoops to try to talk to anyone about this problem. Instead they prompt with a "whole new experience" and a full sales pitch before disconnecting my call. This company is a joke!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

False advertising, horrible service. Not to mention they spend $0 on improving their phone system. It does everything not to connect you with anyone. Only people answer are in Philippines. They don't speak English and try to reset your modem several times without any help. Absolutely garbage. I really hope a huge lawsuit would make these people out of business.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Was having issues with my internet. (For like a year with many calls) I called and they reset my modem and as we were waiting she reviewed my account to save me $30 a month. I asked if it had a commitment and was told no it doesn't but does have a 24 month price lock. Well 38 days later I Canceled and guess what? 12 month contract costing me $110

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

Although we purchased the 900Mbs wireless internet service from Comcast, our service has been horrible and totally unacceptable. We are experiencing some very extensive, frequent, and pervasive latency issues. On multiple occasions, we have contacted Comcast and informed them about our poor wireless internet service yet they continue to fail to resolve our problem. For over 2 months now, we have been experiencing very poor, unacceptable wireless internet service. In fact, the problem has persisted for so long that we have finally decided to abandon even trying to get help from Comcast. We are tired of them using our problem as an opportunity to charge a $100 service fee for each visit to our home. It's obvious they are very comfortable providing inadequate equipment, poor service, and charging additional money for low quality of service.

Due to the fact we work from home a lot and use streaming service often, we heavily depend on excellent wireless internet performance. To get any work done, I have to use my wireless mobile provider (tethering) in order to get access to a reliable wireless internet service. It is extremely SAD that I get faster wireless internet service from a mobile phone than my internet provider!!! Basically, we have lost confidence in Comcast's ability to troubleshoot and resolve our wireless internet problem. I am extremely unhappy with their service and will be looking for a better quality of service from another internet provider.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

They never provide the speed that they claim. When you call their service tech, they are new. Doesn`t know what they are doing, Start blaming the router, blaming for poor speed. Then they want you to purchase an Xfinity router and upgrade to a super speed connection. You pay the hire price and then still the slow speed. Then they blame you to change the wires in your rental apartment, Which you can`t. So then deal with super slow speed rest of your life with super speed charges per month. Go to some reliable and ethical service provider.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

Customer support changed my internet plan without my consent which was a more expensive plan than the one I was on previously. They then said they were going to call me to fix the plan and didn't call me.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I have been on the phone for 51 minutes...and my issue still has not been resolved. I called to inquire about the HBO charges that has been on my bill for May, June and July. I did not purchase this and have never watched it. I would like to get a credit for the $14.99 charged for 3 months ($44.97). I spoke with Eddie, Employee R54, in Denver, he refused to transfer me to someone to help resolve this issue. I live alone and did not make this purchase from the remote or online. I would like a credit for these. I should not have to pay for a service that I did not add to my account. Thank you!

Original review: July 31, 2022

The Xfinity account number written on the bills: **. I am not sure what is going on with the Xfinity billing department. I have already called and chatted with Xfinity's agents to make sure that there were no more Xfinity services at my address. They have confirmed with me so many times that I wouldn't be charged anything anymore because there is no Comcast Xfinity services under my name at my address, and all equipment have already been returned. It turns out that I receive a bill today with the amount due $159.73, and new charges due Aug, 11, 2022 of $40.19. Is this a mistake or should someone be fired for trying to steal money from previous customers in this pandemic time?

Xfinity Internet Company Information