1.85/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2594 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Honestly, it doesn't really matter how many of us write negative reviews or complain about sub par service. Comcast is able to monopolize certain areas and therefore get away with providing this awful service. They argue with you about crediting you a dollar figure which is PEANUTS to a company like theirs while essentially telling you you should have to pay full price for service that doesn't work.

This was my story with Comcast internet. It would drop connection multiple times a day, I called over and over and got rooted around, had a technician come out twice and the issue was never fixed. Unfortunately, Comcast has a monopoly on my city so I can't switch to a different provider. However, I ended up canceling the internet and I will cancel cable next. I'd rather go without than give them a cent more of my money while treating me like an idiot because they have a terrible product. I love where I live, but I will celebrate the day I finally ditch Comcast and I will hopefully never have to deal with them again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Since May 2018 orange cord laying across backyard, draped over fence and down side yard. Called Xfinity, was told they would be out July 5th to bury cord, no show. Called again. Told September 9, here it is January 2019 orange cord still laying in backyard. Call Before You Dig has been out 4 times and placed flags front, back and side yard. When contract is up will be cancelling.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Well today drove me to write a review. I've been unsatisfied with Comcast/Xfinity for a while now because of the inconsistent internet speeds but today was the icing on the cake. My service has been out for 3 days now and in spite of all the complaints and reported outages in my area they are just sending someone out tomorrow morning. But wait, upon the phone call with Comcast the customer service rep informed my wife that they have on record that our account have over 100 degradation's on file and when asked will they give us some type of reimbursement for this the rep replied no because we didn't call in sooner.

So in plain terms we have been paying for 60 Mbps but they have on file that we haven't been getting anywhere near that and on top of that it's recorded that the service kept dropping. Here me and my wife are thinking it's the Fire Stick acting up again or something wrong with our TV wireless connection but it was actually Comcast poor internet. On top of that the amount we pay is not worth the amount of Mbps they give you. Worst part about it it's almost like they don't care because they know it's really no other internet service providers in my area where I can get internet only without cable.

So they exploit me and everyone else in Baltimore City that don't have any other option. So even though they denied us reimbursement of some kind for them not holding up their end of the deal that whole time we were paying them they only offered us $4 off for the 3 days for it being outage and then when I logged on to my account they only giving me the $4 credit if I pay my bill in full which is not due until next month. Boy oh boy. Greed will be the fall of everything.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We are paying $160/month for the fastest internet offered. Multiple times a week internet goes off for hours on end. Called the service line and everyone I’ve talked to doesn’t know what they’re doing and won’t fix it. They’ll send someone out a day or two later to look at our box and run all their diagnostics, but the box isn’t the problem. The wire coming into our house is. It was supposed to be fixed in the last couple days, but has not been. I live in a rural area and this is the “best” and fastest internet provider in our area. I would switch companies in a heartbeat if another provider had services out here.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

A Comcast technician accidentally disabled my service today. When I called customer service about the issue, they scheduled an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. I called back and spoke to a supervisor, he bumped the schedule up to the morning, but refused to provide emergency service today. Not only does this leave my home without internet and cable, but no phone service as well. I explained to the customer service supervisor that my kids will be at home for a short time tonight with no phone service and he still refused to send a technician.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Worse place I have ever had to deal with. Bill is all messed up. Somehow someone else’s account is tied in with mine. Ask this to be fixed multiple times. Won’t do anything about it. Shut off service because I refuse to pay for someone else’s bill. And now they don’t ever remember and conversations about this problem. Liars and thieves. Avoid this company like a bad plague.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I just called to cancel my service after having Comcast for more years than I can remember. I moved to a house that already has competitive service. The "customer service" rep was quick and condescending and made me feed completely unappreciated for having been a customer for "X" number of years. At the end of the conversation, he ended with "take care" and simply hung up the phone. Am I wrong in expecting "Thank you for all the years of being a valued Comcast customer and we hope to have you back someday soon"? I will tell you that this phone exchange makes it really difficult for me to be a future client. I understand the pressure of retention, but maybe the same emphasis on quality customer service.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We switched from AT&T with the promise of a fixed rate on our contract and better wireless performance. We then had techs out 4-5 times to get our service working. We have a pink screen on each time we start our TV. Then they increased our bill. Then our sales rep disappeared. Just plain poor in every way.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I found myself with a credit and I was moving to another town, Comcast was not available here. Comcast sent me a bill for some days after I moved out, to erase the credit is all I can think of. I called them multiple times to try to talk to someone who had an ounce of sense. The last person I talked to saw the error, sent it in to the right people to get corrected and said in fact they still owed me money from the credit and I would receive a check. After moving to two locations as our first house fell through, and some 6 plus months later, I got a collection notice for their error.

After multiple calls, I got the final answer from these crooks, "it's in collection, there is nothing we can do!" Really, they owe me money but want me to pay them? So I lost enough sleep over this aggravation and when my Social Security came in, that is correct, old and on a strict budget, I decided to just get rid of them and pay them the extra money. I paid online like they suggested, and after it was processed I noticed a $4.95 handling fee on top of it. Have nothing to do with these crooks. That's how they treat someone who was loyal to them for 20 years in two states.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

This company raises my bill every few months. I don't even bother calling anymore - it is futile. I got an arbitrary increase September 2018. I went to the store on Voss and a very nice gentleman named Jesus ** worked to get my bill back down to what I had been paying. If this review was for Comcast, I would give one or no stars. However, I have given 3 stars for Mr. ** alone. It is now January 2019, and my bill has gone up AGAIN. This is a constant headache for anyone, let alone a disabled person living on a fixed income. It is an sneaky, underhanded practice that needs to stop.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I noticed on 1.1.18 that my sent emails were missing prior to 8.24.18. We have been Comcast customers for decades and their customer service was ok but lately it is horrible. I was on the phone with reps earlier today for over an hour. I had to keep repeating the issue. The rep would repeat it then ask me later if the problem was also my inbox. I had to repeat again that the problem was my sent emails. After "troubleshooting" I was finally told that they would restore my sent emails and that would take a couple of hours. Shortly after ending the call, someone from Comcast called and we went through the same back and forth and they concluded that I should wait for the restoration to take place. No kidding? You called me! So, here we are six hours later and my sent emails are still missing. I called Comcast back and have been waiting for a rep for over 30 minutes. How difficult could it be to find and restore emails???

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Do not use this company for ANY service. If I could give negative stars I would. This is the worst company & customer service center that I have ever had to deal with. Holding for over an hour, having to call MULTIPLE times and STILL not getting any results. Xfinity double charged me, which was their computer error (or so they told me). It’s been almost 2 months and I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY CREDIT. They credited my bill $20 “for the inconvenience”. But now the customer service rep miraculously cannot find the notes of why I received that credit on my bill or the notes of the 5 times I have called about not receiving a credit for the double charge. Wow. Unfortunately Xfinity is the only provider in my area, otherwise I would have switched right away.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

We signed up with their internet service through an agent who promised there is no contract. However, within the last 2 weeks, our fee tripled without any notification. I called and was told that our contract (verbal agreement) was for the 24 months and now we need to pay a day-to-day fee. The customer service lady was extremely rude and loud and insisted that there is a verbal agreement which I have never seen and signed. Without willing to sign another agreement, she told me that I need to pay their day-to-day high price which is even not available on their website. I will strongly recommend NOT to use this company, plus their service has been interrupted lately.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Prior to moving out of CO, I went to the Comcast store in Boulder to return equipment and close my account. I was told by the Comcast representative that I could keep my existing Comcast email address as long as I wanted because it was independent of having a Comcast account. That surprised me, but I continued using Comcast email for seventeen months after I moved to another state. In December, Comcast froze my email account, right after I'd made airline and housing reservations online (oh, and Christmas). Wait times for calls to customer service were over 40 minutes, as usual. Comcast service agent informed me "you're really lucky. You got free email all that time.”

I explained I do not feel "lucky" for being given false information by Comcast and having the account frozen without notice. Think of all the other accounts linked to email - now I'm unable to log in to those accounts to make the necessary setting changes so I've lost access to those also. I was never allowed to speak with a supervisor despite repeated requests. I'm being sent a "letter of explanation". JUST AN EMAIL FROM COMCAST NOTIFYING ME THE ACCOUNT WOULD BE CLOSED - WITH A FEW DAYS NOTICE - would have been good customer service. As I've typed this review, every 10 seconds a error message blocks the typing because I'm still updating all the settings. The only good part about this fiasco, is that I am finally finished with Comcast.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

If I could give Comcast -12 stars, I would. I am constantly losing connection throughout the day, at least 3 or 4 times within the same hour. I know it's not just me cause all my friends who live local to me also have Comcast and report outages around the same time. I honestly have no idea what I pay these people for. And their technicians can never fix the problem. I pay for a specific internet speed, 50 Mbps, and I'm only getting about 21 at most. I've tried calling about it and they say, "there's nothing that can be done" because of where I live. I live in Miami, by the way, I'm not in the middle of nowhere. GARBAGE COMPANY. GARBAGE SERVICE. GARBAGE PRODUCT. I think I'll have more reliable internet connecting to a potato.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

My Internet service was disconnected without any notification. I started my internet service since 8/22/18 with installation fee. I pay bills with automatic payment monthly on time. On 12/20/18, I noticed my internet service was not working. I called to Comcast Customer Service 1800-934-6849. I spoke with Customer service Rep, from Northern CT Customer Solution Dept, his name is Rick. I was told by Rick that Comcast terminated/canceled my service immediately as one of my tenants in multifamily house (3 units) called and started their service. Comcast did not call or email or text me about this termination of my internet service. My complaint is "Comcast should (at least) called me to inform about this termination of my service." & Comcast said I need to pay installation fee again if my service reconnect again. This is unfair trade from big company to customers.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Will be looking for a new provider. Been a customer for almost six years. Lately I've been getting "one time charges". Asked representatives and they said it's because of using too much data. Following month charges went up an extra $40 additional "one time fee" added to my bill. I went to look at my data and I didn't even go over the data. This is straight bs. Be aware and check your statements for what you are getting charged. I always pay my bills on time. Would not recommend this company. As of right now after this incident I have a really negative view of Comcast.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have been a COMCAST customer since moving to Atlanta in 2010. I have never missed a payment nor been late on a payment. I switched to AT&T because COMCAST continued to oblige me on faster internet upgrades, charge me more money but never followed through with the speeds. Then, they "upgraded" me to a contract for 300Mbps. They did this while AT&T was pulling the 1G lines in my neighborhood. Didn't deliver the speeds once again, I called, explained the reason for switching and disputed the termination fee. We talked 3 times and they were evaluating it, gave me a ticket number and told me they would call me with findings. Then they hit my credit report without ever calling me.

I am 41, have an 800+ credit score. No one has ever hit my credit report in over 20 years of history - for $128 dispute, that I thought was ongoing. All they had to do was live up to what they said and call me and I would gladly have paid the $128. A conservative estimate spent with Comcast over my time as a customer would be $15,000.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Absolutely horrible customer service! Provide false information and nickel and dime customers any chance they get. Cable box they sent for at home setup did not work properly. Had to send out technicians three separate times to get the service working properly. THREE! I was told by multiple representatives that all fees for the repeat tech visits would be waived since this issue was no fault of mine, but either the result of faulty equipment and/or installation by their technicians. Of course after reviewing my statements they never did waive all of the fees and now refuse to adjust the account as promised. When I asked to review the phone calls they said this would not be possible. They would be reviewing them and handling the matter privately. I don't care about them disciplining their employees or using this for coaching - I want the credit I was promised. Avoid these idiots at all costs.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Have been a customer of Comcast internet service for 10 years. Recently decide to move and upgrade the service. Called customer service and ordered the move/upgrade, and was told that I will get confirmation once the moving date is arranged. Waited for 3 days, nothing happened. Followed up with customer service, and was told the survey team has been sent to the site two days ago, but needs 5 business days to have results. So after another two business days, call the customer service again. Surprisingly, Comcast lost track of all the information about moving service/service upgrade.

I was transferred between customer service, customer resolution Dept., Moving Dept. many times, and was told the new address is not serviceable. Very frustrated about the experience of being kicked around many Depts and repeatedly saying the same things to different agents from all over the world. Also Comcast did not notify their finding timely. What if I did not call them for a month? Feels like the entire Customer service is totally disorganized. Another thing driving me nuts is the unserviceable address they referred to is not the one I gave! Spent hours with customer service, totally a waste of time! Enough with Comcast's customer service, Goodbye!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Comcast has already been fined $2.3 million dollars for billing fraud and is still at it with their 1TB data caps. I have a secure internet connection where all traffic is monitored on my end. In 10 days Comcast claims I have used 366GB while my own meter shows 131GB. They use an outside company called Netforce to monitor the data usage and claim it is 94% accurate. I have had to call 3 times now on this issue and have been told that it was escalated to Netforce and if they don't find any wrongdoing then I'm responsible for their claimed data usage. The 1TB cap is pointless, it does not cost them any extra money to continue providing you internet and you're charged a premium for every 10GB of data used over that 1TB. It's amazing that gas and electricity utilities can accurately measure usage and Comcast can't but still expects to be able to bill you based on it.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Xfinity is very expensive, and they do not set expectations correctly. Their most recent internet outage (yes, there are several), was promised to be fixed in 2 hours. Six hours later, I am still without critical internet access that I need to meet a 9 am deadline. If you are lucky enough to have other options, do take them.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I switched to Comcast at the beginning of 2018. In April they sent a crew out to finally bury the new line. That crew tore up my yard and left the job 1/2 done. I had to call to send another crew out and they dug their own line as not be responsible for the damage of the first crew. I have called Comcast several times and even got the contractors to admit their fault. But here we are in December and my yard is still destroyed. They tell me it’s escalated but no call to follow up. I’ve paid a lot of money and all I have received is a $20 credit and a trench going through my back yard. I guess I will have to call customer service once again to try and resolve and have hem ignore me once again. In summary there has to be a better way and I intend to find it.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Lots of outages that affect all of our services. They cut through a main sprinkler line which has caused high water bills, dead plants and costly sprinkler repair. I have called 7 times in two months without a return call. The manager that I finally spoke to was arrogant and could not give a darn if we kept their services or not.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We signed up for service over a month ago. Still no service. Two service appointments, the first was a no show by Xfinity on 12/3, after driving an hour and waiting for 4 hours for the tech to show up. Our next appointment, (and the earliest they could schedule), was scheduled for tomorrow 12/9, between 5 and 7 pm. They called tonight (12/8) to inform us the tech rescheduled for 1-3, a time we could not accommodate. I was informed by the rep, rudely, "She did not have to apologize to me". Thinking of heading to small claims court for the waste of my time. Horrible, horrible experience and extreme waste of time. Oh! And she (the latest of many inept reps) informed me if I didn't want to continue service, I had to personally return the equipment or be charge 60 dollars for them to pick it up. Again, horrible experience.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Do not get a Xfinity prepaid internet box. We purchased one for 100 dollars. The service was to be 40 dollars a month, which seemed like a great deal. Not. After connecting the box we only had service to one room in the house and that was sketchy, cutting on and off consistently. We called the company. They sent out a technician, who explained that was what we were paying for. It didn’t get any better. Boost will not take the box back after their salesman assured us this box would work. We are just out 100 dollars with no one at Comcast or Boost willing to fix this situation.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

6 years of dealing with the world’s worst company who would rather Ignoring their terrible pricing structure designed to make you pay AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Their customer support doesn’t care, will lie to you and is just plain useless most of the time. I’ve had it all from being charged a rental modem to having service outages that are “my” fault. “My modem is too old”. Yes the same modem they’re charging me to “rent”. Which they also JUST had me upgrade it the year before. Comcast. If it were possible to give 0 stars like you deserve I would. Also, let’s not forget these stupid data caps you’ve shoved down our throats. 99% of people don’t use 1TB is absolute crap. Even if that were true why doesn't paying for a faster speed increase your cap? One word. Greedy.

As an IT professional I’m aware that networking is expensive, but most of these systems you have are in place and data “usage” should have little to no effect especially considering how you throttle each customer in a given area during high load times (or your aging equipment simply can’t handle it). Either improve your infrastructure or pocket the money. I don’t have to tell you which Comcast is doing. In short: Thanks for 6 years of terrible service. Cannot wait for the opportunity to drop you. The moment something comparable/better comes along, I’d gladly pay double simply to be rid of you. Consider that Comcast executive. We are NOT happy. Very few business survive when customers are not happy and YOU have just been lucky, forceful, manipulative and the only one around. We’ll break up soon. I promise.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Package mailed to new address before I even move in. Started my service date 3 days before I even moved into new apartment. Local store pushes to bundle package with tv/internet, phone and gives wrong equipment to me. Billed me from the service date of 3 days before I actually moved in and had my equipment hooked up. Calling billing and management rude and uncaring. Unconcerned.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I've had to deal with Comcast since 2008 when Verizon bills got higher so I thought I'd give Comcast a chance. I believe Comcast has better TV so I got the internet service with Comcast believing all internet technology by then was the same. I have had problems from day 1 and it is always something else or my fault. I have finally realized they are full of it. How do they get away with this? I just got Gig speed thinking it would help and Guess what? Speed got slower! They are sending a tech but I expect the same old BS! STAY AWAY FROM COMCAST!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

So I finally got my own apartment and needed to set up internet service. Initially, I was going to just get internet but the Comcast rep told me it would be a better deal to do a bundle for TV and internet. I said that's great as long as I would get 2 specific channels, to which he said they were included. Great, I got the package. However it was a lie and I never got those channels, was tricked into a 3-year contract and now have to pay to get out. When I contacted Comcast about it they said they had no notes about it, even though I had multiple techs come out for the channels. Meanwhile, they also said I would have to pay the same $90 for 250 MBPS while competition charges that much for 1GBPS when asked if they would match the competition's price they said no. I will be going to AT&T and avoid Comcast at all costs.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs