Comcast Internet Service

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

IF I COULD RATE THIS COMPANY MINUS 10 I WOULD!!! Having been a loyal customer with Comcast for 16 plus years, utilizing the services after numerous issues with them over the years, this is the last straw! Whenever we have had an issue with our services it always consisted of being transferred from one person or area to another ALWAYS. Numerous times we have had service outages that have lasted for days, whenever we engage to correct we get transferred around numerous times.

Well on November 28th I contact them to request to discontinue our services as of December 10th because we had sold our home and were moving to an area where Comcast services are not offered. UPON the first 2 minutes after the initial call I was transferred and again had to authenticate myself and our account, after already completing that authenticate with the first representative. The person identified themselves as Dom and again I shared what I needed and he zipped through rushing me off the phone without providing a summary of the request or a confirmation. As he was attempting to rush me off the call and close it our cable service stopped working IMMEDIATELY. I ask him to slow down and correct this issue. At this point I am sincerely annoyed.

He transfer me to technical support without any handoff or notice, can you say I am so irritated. Again, to a different area where we had to authenticate yet again at this point they can not locate the last 4 digits of the primary account names identification. The systems Comcast utilizes are not integrated or the Customer Service Representatives are not properly trained. The two previous incompetent people used the same digits and it was found and confirmed. Now they can't locate our account.

Really, I just spoke with Dom who had now officially screwed up my account and services!!! This person proceeded to try to assist but to no avail. After 32 mins on and off hold proceeds to tell me how terrible her counterpart is and that I should complain about this Dom because he was terrible. She was not able to FIX this problem and had transfer me yet AGAIN!!! Transfer #4. New XFINITY One technician does everything she could and was unable to fix it. After again not being able to authenticate our account by the process they have established because the infamous 4 digit of the primary account holder is not on the records.

Now it's 9:44pm and I have been on the phone with these people at least 1.8 hours and we are being told we have to wait a few hours and they would call us back at 8AM the next morning to see if the issue resolved itself, REALLY! I mean really whatever Dom the second incompetent agent did caused this issue and no one and I mean no one could resolve it. I will NEVER return to Comcast or XFINITY for any of the services they offer EVER, nor will I recommend them to anyone either EVER. THIS IS THE LAST STRAW!!!

We had poor internet service. Comcast confirmed there was a problem with their equipment outside our home and told us we had to be present because the technician had to come in the house before he completed his service. We made an appointment for service on the Sunday following Thanksgiving which required we make a special 2-1/2 hour trip from out-of-town to meet the technician. We were at our home in advance of the appointment time, and we responded to several robo-calls to confirm our presence.

We actually received a robo-call saying the tech was here and we should go greet him. We went to the door and no one was there. We walked outside and did not see a Comcast truck on the street. We assumed he needed to start his investigation around the corner. When no one showed up for almost an hour, I called back to Comcast, and after staying on the line for almost an hour, we finally were told that the technician had been to the wrong house and had left and they could not get that or any other technician back out. Our service was still not working so we had to reschedule. What a frustrating waste of time!!

I was informed that I could get much internet speeds of 200 mbps, and 10 basic channels for price A, if I signed a contract for 1 year. I liked the deal, and signed up for contract. Thereafter, I realized that I was getting only 100 mbps (instead of the 200 mbps). I followed up several times with Comcast customer support, and every time got different answers.

Finally, the loyalty department representative claimed that I should be flexible to some human error, and that I was misinformed about the speeds. There is nothing that he could do to fix the plan (unless I paid more to upgrade my tier to get the desired speeds). They don't even provide you the contract that you signed with them. So, always make sure that you have an electronic trail to avoid them from flipping on their words. This is a brazen theft when they acknowledge human errors, but are not ready to rectify it (and more importantly get you for full year contract with their services). Will never recommend anyone to sign up with this company.

This Comcast company is scam, and a disgrace with no respect to consumers rights. Comcast does false advertisement and incorrect billing and refuses change the billing cycle to work with disabled consumers who don’t get paid until the 3rd of every month and then want to falsely hit them with unfair late fees on their Comcast account. Comcast sending threatening notices of disconnection on services and refusing to give consumers proof of payment received of $69.20 falsely claiming they never received payment then wanting to hit me with a bill of $239.23 due on 26th of every month. This is highway robbery from Comcast and this is a direct violation of my consumer rights and it discriminates against consumers with disabilities and I consider this harassment. I will join any petition or any class action lawsuit against Comcast Corporation.

I am so fed up with them and their scams. We had paid over $300 last month and we're under the impression that the amount we paid would bring us current. Well getting my bill for Nov was a whole different story. They are such liars and will make up anything to get more money. I need a new service provider. Comcast you suck???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

So, Comcast decided to limit everyone on their internet usage in Michigan. Living in a household with 5 adults, staying within a terabyte is a lot harder than you'd think. They have been nothing but difficult for years. Charging us HD prices for cable, but won't give us the HD box. Charging us two boxes, when we only have one. The WORSE internet services! Constantly going in and out.

And now, you either have to pay more for their terrible internet to get unlimited data or get charged every time you use more than their limited amount. They claim that only 1% of people don't use this much data for internet services, but apparently my entire area is that 1% because I have spoken to several people who also find the limits as ridiculous as I do, going over the limited amount each month.

Their whole point in doing this is so that you HAVE to buy their awful cable to watch anything or suffer the cost for refusing to buy their cable products. I don't watch cable because it's mostly just crap that they think is entertaining and because I am tired of all of the commercials; most specifically all of the drug commercials that are constantly playing. I guess they will force the money out of you no matter what. Just another greedy corporation with a monopoly on the services. If we were able to get another internet provider, that would be great, but cable and internet providers are far and few between these days.

Got overcharged. Told refund coming on next bill. It was partial. Contacted, told the rest would be on next bill. That was also partial. Contacted them, they played dumb about the chain of events, only commenting on the current refund, which was already more generous than what I was asking for (since they didn't know about the previous amount). That's not how math works, and they don't know it. TL;DR if you're owed a refund, make sure you get it in one fell swoop or you won't get it all.

I used to love Comcast. Until all these constant updates. My internet and cable crash a lot at night, and sometimes during the day, some channels don't even work and on demand sometimes don't play either. I wish they will do something about it. Because just a few mins ago, the internet have crashed for about 20 mins for no reason. I'm tired of it and thinking about switching to Wow or something. Please do not get Xfinity.

I'm so over Comcast! The worst internet provider. I'm taking online classes and multiple times was late with my assignments because of the power interruptions in my area that lead to poor quality internet service. Definitely switching to Verizon. I'd rather pay $10 extra then dealing w/ Comcast and non stopping internet problems.

If I could give them a negative star or no stars on this review I would. I have never worked with any industry with as bad of customer service as Comcast. It is not a matter of money because I make well enough above and beyond to afford their services but they are a legitimate ripoff. I think they are the biggest scam of since the mortgage industry's major meltdown and I hope I move somewhere where Comcast does not exist. The disregard to want to help or do the right thing is honestly astounding. If you have to call, which you do FOR ALL ISSUES - billing, connection/service, adding or removing service, errors, it does not matter you will be transferred minimum of 4 times. Everyone says the same thing and passes the issues to the next person and no one resolves the problem.

They offer promotional packages in small timeframes and can never access them again so they then upgrade you without you wishing and change your billing. It has been 5 months and I have been overcharged $40 a month since I started with them. The blatant rudeness that must make you qualified to do this job is the type of quality service that gets you this review. So... Dear Comcast, you suck. Sincerely, a customer who cannot wait to never use your service again.

I've had the worst experiences so far since install on 10/4/16. Nothing but problems. Two no shows on scheduled service appointments, extreme difficulty in adding boxes to the second floor. What is so difficult about adding boxes to an existing account? No thank you, I'm not starting a second account for the second floor of the same house! A separate bundle package? All I wanted was just to add a few boxes. Apparently this is not possible. Well then, I guess it's not possible to remain a customer!

Check your contract when you sign up for Comcast as their advertised offers do not match the contract they issue. I signed up for $49.99 150Mbps internet for 2 years, however my contract has $19.99 for 25Mbps internet for 2 years. They say there is an add on in place for $30 which boost it to Blast! Pro, however this isn't part of the contract, which means that Comcast can increase the price whenever they want within the 2 years. This means I haven't received the advertised rate. Comcast has so far refused to issue corrected contract, or issue in writing that the $30 will remain at that price for 2 years. I just have to trust them. So watch out, Comcast is doing the usual illegal practices, I'm guessing to catch people out and hope they don't notice and end up paying more than they should.

Thank God. I am changing to Dish. They gave me awesome pricing and super people to deal with. You can actually understand what they are saying. I'm so excited to finally be able to return this equipment although still haven't received the home security yet as promised 4 times. Go to h*ll Comcast. You have made me miserable and cause me to miss many hours of work with your promises.

I Have been a long time customer and only have Xfinity as my ISP for a while now. While I was in the local Walmart on November 4, 2016, there were customer representatives from Xfinity running promotions for and in the Salt Lake City area. Spoke with a representative and was able to get and signed a contract for Pro Blast at $50.00 a month with no contract or early termination fees. I received an email from Xfinity stating the changes that would be made to my account. It stated that not only would it be under contract for 24 months but there would be early termination fees. This is not what I had originally signed up for and it specifically states this on the contract that I signed.

Contacted Xfinity customer service and was told since they cannot see the contract over the phone that I would need to go to Xfinity store in person. Went to Xfinity store on November 8, 2016 and was told that it would be under contract and there was no way around it. Because of this I have cancelled the upgrade and went back to my original plan. It's plain and simple. When a contract is signed it should be honored for what is stated on it. Xfinity is dishonest and not trustworthy. Therefore I will be looking and changing my ISP as soon as possible to another company. Xfinity does not deserve a paycheck from me or anyone else that I know.

There is a malfunction on the DVR manager which is preventing us from adding more recordings. Customer service is fairly certain that the problem is from the signal from their system to ours, but protocol demands that they access our home before investigating that option. Since we work, that cannot be done until next Saturday. Customer service tech agreed that this seems illogical since logic would dictate that one would investigate the most probably malfunction first, but insists they must follow protocol. This is extremely frustrating. After 35 years as a customer of Comcast & their predecessors, I am investigating alternatives.

Charges overwhelming. Comcast service rep was so ignorant and rude when I call to resolve my issue with my bill. I emailed Tom ** his rep was rude to me. None of the representative was helpful. They all just pass me on to other people. I am cutting my service with Comcast.

I have had cable, DISH, and U-verse, etc. in the past. All are eh... but you know what? Comcast takes the cake. I have never been driven to take time out of my day just to gripe online for all to see. But consumers, stay away! So my first terrible experience with Comcast is that they took 5 phones and 2 months to come out and bury the lines they had to lay in my front yard to get the cable needed into my house. Finally got someone when my special needs neighbor tripped and fell!

Now 3 months into my contract, I have had my internet, phone, and TV go out for HOURS at a time. I would spend 3 hours on with a tech when it will come back up after the technician resets the router manually for the 3rd or 4th time. I have had it, I work from home occasionally and this is a huge inconvenience! The hardware is faulty, I understand that sometimes you get a lemon... but 3 months! 3 months! I have had it. Worst company ever. Crappy equipment and terrible customer service, and worse is the technicians they hire! Not a clue! Comcast should send a technician out here to switch out this equipment before I set a bonfire to it.

Had them from 2014 to now. I'd tell new customers to run but there is nowhere to run to. I tried, but it turned out Comcast was Xfinity. Signing up for a contract has no meaning. The fine print in the contract that they suggest you read when they randomly change a contract says they can change anything anytime and are not doing anything wrong. I disagree. I have or had performance pro, paying for a speed of internet a month under a contract. Not month to month alone. The speed is not listed or told to you just it's between 25 and 50.

I got a letter Friday saying Tue (today) I'm being forced into a new contract plan. I'm now paying for my data at the same speed with a cap of a terabyte. Seems like a lot but it's not and not what I signed up for. But all customer service says is that's the deal now. They don't offer plans by just speed it's changed. Those who use more Internet should pay more. It's not fair to the other customers. What does it matter fair it's what we signed up to use. I use firestick. We stream everything all day. It's frustrating. They kept saying it's the same, but if I use more just go to the unlimited plan for only $50 more. I don't have 150$. It's why we got rid of direcTV for firestick. Paying for an unlimited speed to being changed to pay for data is a huge difference. All they can say is, "You won't know there was a change unless you go over 1000. The closest you got so far was 980 and we won't charge you for going over the first 2 months to get used to it."

When I first went to talk to someone at the store they didn't want to talk to me and told me I needed to call billing. They don't know about it. How can they not help or explain if we pay bills there and get equipment there. After a minute the guy called someone over who is good at explaining the letter. So now they know about the letter and someone can explain it. They just didn't want to deal with it in the store. So the other guy comes over and lies to us as well. Tells us the letter got sent to everyone but is only for new customers, not us. Whatever I know it's all a lie.

We leave and today I call Comcast. As soon as you call it asks if you are calling about your data. Say yes and it directs the call to someone who only knows to say, "Read your contract and there is nothing you can do." They don't know anything. You need billing. Then why did it put the call to somewhere that can't help. It's the run around. The last guy I talked to is what is above. How can they be the only internet around. So I'm forced to pay by data now and I don't even get a better speed for being gypped. It's also wrong - I only got notified Friday. That Tuesday Nov 1st the change takes effect.

Disappointed. I have been a Comcast/Xfinity customer for almost two decades. I pay for high speeds and get intermittent internet. I call every week almost-- can't take the time to call more often and get FRUSTRATED. I spend 30 minutes with the first person resetting the modem (walking through their initial process - even after giving them the history) only to be told I will have to pay for a technician. After some complaining and explaining - they transfer me to a specialist who does speed tests and confirms what I am saying even though their test "say" the modem is working - he test each port on the modem (which is a new modem they replaced last week) and I have the same issue - tells me there is a line issue and my modem isn't performing correctly - technician reprograms the ports--retests it works awesome initially when they get it to carry more data--only to retest with the technician a few minutes later and the speed is low again.

They say they need to send out a tech to look at the lines - COLD transfer me back to Xfinity without warning and when someone answers they start the process ALL OVER AGAIN - reset the modem charge me for tech - transfer me to specialist - another 3 hours wasted this week, last week - in this modern age and for $216 a month you would think you could work from home without distractions. I pay for the fastest package 115 mbps download and 25 mbps upload and receive random speeds throughout the day (between 9-80 mbps download and 2-22 mbps) upload - most often in the lower numbers with wireless monitoring showing "dropped" messages from my server and having to refresh pages and lose data regularly. Is there anyone out there who can help? I am attaching several speed tests from today during my calls between 10-12 a.m cst. What does a consumer do? Is there a dependable internet provider? It feels like they use their call systems to bully/frustrate the customer into submission.

These people are unethical and disturbing oblivious to their customers needs. The internet speed tears are constantly changing and customers are being charged as the internet speeds change. For instance, when their "blast" service was first commissioned by me it was stated by Comcast that it was 100 Mbps. Now I see a $10.00 increase in my bill after 6 months and when speaking to a customer rep was told that it was not 100 Mbps but 75 Mbps and the blast in which I have had for 6 months plus was in fact 75 Mbps. The have added $10.00 to my bill for a service I already had. I told them to take it off and give me the 75 Mbps without the "blast" which I was told that it would put me to 25 Mbps. I will be shopping for another service. The end.

Unplanned, unexpected, all day outages, rude service reps. Rearranging my day to set up service only to deal with a totally inept technician who has to call for backup on another day. I could go on, but why? We are dropping this failure of a company and relying on hotspots from now on.

BE WARNED. You will have 10$ hidden fees when you sign up for this service. They charge you extra for the local news stations and a fee for local sports that you will not be told about until you see it on your first bill. The customer service people are a JOKE and rude rude rude. If you ask for a manager they will get snotty and never let you talk to one... I know they have attractive packages to get you hooked but it's a joke and you will pay more in the long run than the competitors.

Had Comcast. Overall the terrible experience everyone else is describing but there was no other provider in my area at the time, so we just dealt with it. Ultimately moved out of my apartment to an area that was serviced by other providers, so I called to cancel my account. Took forever, but finally get through, and take my hardware back to the store. KEEP YOUR RECEIPT. Had to deal with a debt collector for 9 months claiming I owed money for not returning the hardware. Luckily I had physical proof. I honestly would have just paid the $60 or whatever it was if I wasn't sure they'd just keep calling. Would deny liability, it would get kicked to a different debt collection agency, someone new would call me a few months later.

FINALLY went away, but I will never use Comcast again. The best part is that when I'd call for customer service, they would "accidentally" disconnect my call. HINT: If you want to cancel services or complain, choose the option on the customer service menu for "add more services." They'll connect you to an agent immediately and you can ultimately get them to connect you to the right department directly. They'll probably still disconnect you a few times though.

When I called the infinity customer service center to complain about the new slow performance speed the first question customer service asked was "How fast is it now and why didn't you buy the previous offer for the faster service." I responded with "What speed is my plan am I paying for now." I explained to customer service the actual test was less than half that. The customer service rep said she would resend a signal to my router. No improved speed occurred. I turned on my hotspot on my cell phone to file this complaint. I am getting screw from Comcast/Xfinity. My internet speed is not what I pay for.

Outraged, that it should not take a month to get internet service! We contacted Comcast the 1st week of October for internet service. We was lucky to have a tech come out the same week. When he came he informed us he could not do the installation due to our residence being brand new and there wasn't any type of line of cable to set it. We was told he would have to call a special tech to schedule a date the week after for him to do a burial for a line.

The next week came a different tech came out said he couldn't do anything cause there needed to be a burial for the line. We told him the last guy said that and really we thought he was here to do the burial. He told us he was just a guy to set up installation for the modem. He informed us he would drop a line for this special tech to do a burial line and we would soon have our internet up and running by the next week. The same day our neighbours apparently was getting internet with Comcast as well. Their tech stole our line to hook up their internet and cable. We called the tech that came out that day who dropped the line and told him what happened. He ensured us it was ok and the special tech would drop another line when he comes out for the burial.

The next week came Monday the tech was scheduled he never showed. We called Comcast. They told us they got behind and someone would come out Tuesday. Tuesday morning a tech came by told us he couldn't do anything. We needed a burial. We told him our story. He called his boss and told us there would be someone to come out to do a burial that same day. Well no one showed up.

Here it is Thursday of the same week. I was on the phone with Comcast for almost 2 hrs this morning for them to tell us there will be another tech out on the 31st to a burial and set up installation and he is sorry he's just trying to give us options. Well the truth is there is no other options. No other internet service will provide us with service because of Comcast being in our area on Murfreesboro, TN. I'm stuck with Comcast.

I have 3 children with game systems, phones and tablets. Not to mention now a days schools are switching to Apps for kids to do their homework on. Internet is becoming more of a need and not a want. So if it wasn't for my children I wouldn't be getting Comcast. And if there was another service I could get I would definitely be without Comcast. I've had their service in the past. The worst part about having them is their customer service. The bills do tend to go up in price without them informing you and I've had our service not work at times to where I had to reset the modem almost everyday. They need to do a better job with handling issues with customers that's spending money with their company.

We got Xfinity on the first of July 2016. In the first week and a half, our internet was out, hours at a time, every single day. The first rep that was sent out to fix it said he didn't feel comfortable going in our crawl space so he told me I should reschedule another rep to come out. When I called to reschedule another rep, I learned that the rep that had been there that day, put in his notes that he changed out the splitter and fixed the problem. A couple of days later I had another rep come out with a trainee. They ran a bunch of test, but eventually fixed the problem... until I decided to add tv and security to my package with XFINITY. BIG MISTAKE!! With Comcast/XFINITY everything works off their internet. Cable and security all work off your internet connection. It's the worst setup I have ever encountered. If your internet goes out, not only do you not have internet, but you no longer have cable or security.

Anyway, I added the cable and security package a little over a month ago. In this time, at least 2 days out of the week I have gone several hours at a time without internet, and thus, without security and cable as well. The last couple of nights have been the worst! Yesterday internet went out sometime while I was at work in the morning and didn't come back on until after 9 pm last night. Then it went out again sometime in the middle of the night and hasn't been on since. It is now 10:37 pm and I'm still without the services I pay for! XFINITY field tech are some of the worst I have ever encountered. When the tech came out to install cable and security he sat on his phone the whole time talking on the phone with buddies. I was suppose to get a Dvr box. I didn't get one.

As for security, this bozo sets the door that he put the keypad next to as a door that never gets used, or as they like to call it, a sentry door. I didn't realize that until I tried getting out that door, a couple days later, and went to set the alarm, just to realize that I could not set the alarm from the inside because it would automatically set the alarm off. I had yet another tech come out 4 days later. This tech fixed the problem and in the process realized that a lot of the way my internet, cable and security was wired was not up to code. So he proceeded to "fix it" and in the process did something that started my whole very unreliable internet process again.

I had another tech come out 3 days later. He checked wire reliability and ensured that all cables were connected tightly, both inside and outside. He even climbed the power pole. He said he found a loose cable, which he tightened, but just to make sure he even dispatched a bucket truck. The bucket truck arrived about an hour later. He went up the pole checked connections and came back down, just to tell me the same thing the previous tech told me.

If I would have known this was going to be such a headache, I would have settled for a slower speed internet, paid a little bit more, and went with AT&T. I have had them before and their reliability was a million times better. The main two differences being AT&T works off of a dedicated fiber optics line where as XFINITY/Comcast is still working off of ancient copper wires. And none of AT&T's services piggyback off of any of their other services. They're all separate dedicated services, whereas All of XFINITY services rely on the internet connection. If the internet goes out, everything goes out.

For no known reason, my internet went out on 10/23/2016 - it had been working very well since roughly 7/4/2016, which is shortly after I moved to a new apartment. The afternoon of 10/23, I was catching up with my friends on social media when the page failed to load and there was a message that said it would not load/could not be accessed. First I checked my Wifi links to my laptop and discovered that the Xfinity Wifi (an unsecured network) was active rather than my Home Base (a secured network); then I called the automated line to try to get my modem reset; finally, after waiting ages for the reset, the automated system transferred me over to the tech support line - something I had NOT requested.

The rep was very rude and insensitive; first he laughed at me, then he cold-transferred me to another line. If I did not live in a historic building, I would have switched internet/cable providers LONG ago! And the cost! It's criminal. There's got to be a better way to get internet and cable TV - there's got to be a company that cares about its customers, treats them like human beings, and doesn't rob them blind. I feel like I'm stuck in a toxic relationship and can't escape.

I used Comcast for approximately 4 years prior to ATT Uverse. Each customer service rep I had to speak with although seemed ethical, never was. I called to check their promos and was given what I thought was a great price for all three services, and for about 3 months my bill stated exactly what I was quoted. On the 4th month and every month thereafter the bill increased. I was never advised by my Comcast rep that there would be an increase in one year, but why would he if the plan for good for one year? Every month after that I had problems with my bill, always increasing.

I finally had enough and after calling Comcast Customer Service and being transferred to three (3) different rep's I finally got a supervisor who after 2 hours on the phone with him had the audacity to tell me that the Comcast rep I originally had when I signed up with Comcast, didn't have the authority to offer me the original promotional price he offered. Well if the customer rep that answers the phone gives me a price should I ask for his credentials or his actual job description? Finally, I contacted ATT Uverse, who initially gave me a promotional price which has finally expired, but even then, UVerse didn't lie to me and kept track of any conversations or offers they gave me. I finally cancelled my service with Comcast and have been with UVerse ever since. I wouldn't go back to Comcast if my life depended on it. They are the worse, lying company I've ever done business with.

The internet is very SLOW. Although they promise 75 Mbps, I actually got 10 Mbps on average. The bill is ridiculous. When I install their internet, they promise a monthly fee of $59.99 for one year. But in the second month, I got $69.99 on my bill, only because I didn't sign up for paperless bill. But nobody informs me of this before.

I am on social security disability and am pretty much confined to my apartment. I got Comcast internet with 10MB for $14.99 a month for two years. Everything was ok until the next month when I got a letter in the mail addressed to me, not a bulk mailing. It offered 50+ channels for $19.99 a month for two years. It had all the channels I wanted. I decided to order it. When I called the representative, couldn't find that offer. After about a half hour she found one that had 35 channels for the same price. It had all the channels I was interested in so I ordered it. After they came and hooked it up I went to use it & could only get ten channels! Less than I was getting with my rabbit ears.

After getting the runaround from 3 phone calls I was told they couldn't add the 35 channels to my internet, they had to put me in a bundle. This was never explained to me. This bundle was going to cost me $44.95 instead of $34.98!!! If I wanted to get the 35 channels it was going to cost me around $70.00 a month. Also the never told me I could get away without renting the box with the fancy voice activated remote. Since they had a "30 day guarantee" I told them I couldn't afford that price so just come and get the equipment & just give me back my 2 year $14.99 internet back. Well I was told the $14.99 internet was no longer available, only a $19.99 for one year. Asked to speak to a manager & was told there's nothing they could do it was no longer in the computer.

I was the manager of a business that sold radio station equipment for ten years. We could manually change the price, description and terms on any item. There is no reason they couldn't go back & restore what I had. Especially since this whole problem was 110% their fault. I got nowhere with them, was so disgusted with the runaround, bait and switch tactics & totally unaware of what they were doing I just canceled the internet too. Comcast is the only show in town except for AT&T. I would never use AT&T because of a problem I had with them. I got a cell phone & internet plan from them. It had a two year contract but the price was right. I had windows 95 at the time. They sent me a windows 98 CD, which definitely wouldn't work.

They sent me a total of 7 Windows 98 CD's. Since I couldn't get the internet, I told them I was cancelling it. Well they tried to get me to pay for the whole two year contract. They put that into collections which at last count had been resold. I believe it's like the tenth or eleventh company that has bought the "debt". The last one that called said that now with interest & all the fees was around $5000. When I explained about the Windows 95/98 disc problem she was so young she had no idea what Windows 95/98 was!!! L.O.L.

So I bought an extender & give my landlord $10.00 to use his. Sometimes when he is playing games loading is real slow & I can't go and sit outside and use it. My only option is to get Metro PCS and use the phone as a hotspot but at $50.00 a month I just can't afford it. As it is I am struggling to get by on $1200.00 a month disability, with $700.00 rent & $120.00 electric plus food it doesn't leave too many discretionary $'s for Comcast's exorbitant $'s. How many people do you know living on less than $400.00 a month???

So I am stuck with over the air TV & subpar internet to try and fight off cabin fever. Actually I don't know anyone who raves about either one of these monopolies. Comcast has made enough money with these shenanigans to buy NBC & Universal Studios and parks!!! And they treat customers like this. Same goes for AT&T.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.
  • Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.
  • 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.
  • Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.
  • Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.
  • Best for Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Compare Internet Service Providers