1.58/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

2619 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 21, 2019

I filed Bankruptcy in March 2017. An unlawful bill from Comcast was part of the discharge by the Bankruptcy Court. Two years later, they are still trying to collect this bill. This is against the law. They have recently ruined my credit scores again. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! Worst company in the history of the United States!

Original review: March 18, 2019

On Friday March 14 2019 X1 services out for about 6 hours and now today March 17 2019 woke up at 7:30 am and services were out again. Now it's 9:10 pm and there is still no service. If you call they say services won't be back till 3 pm Monday March 18 2019. Have called several times and asked for a discount and they won't even give an inch for any form of compensation. Great way to have happy customers.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

A guy came out to install our internet and cable in our new home in a new development. It took him an hour to figure out that Comcast hadn’t provided service to the area yet. They said they would do this before the next guy came out, but they didn’t, and it took the second guy two hours to figure out that the same problem existed on their end. At this point we were so frustrated we cancelled service and made an appointment with another provider. In two days, Comcast showed up at our door without an appointment, pounding and hollering who knows what, scaring me to death. I didn’t know it was Comcast and didn’t answer the door. I wouldn’t have answered regardless; we cancelled them! They call my husband at work after bothering me at the door for literally an hour. My husband asks them why they are hounding his wife after we cancelled and with no appointment. Worst customer service EVER.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Where I live in CT, Comcast is the only provider for wifi/internet. I made no changes, but my bill increased $40. So why are they able to do this? It is not right and I want to report them but who should I call? I am a senior citizen who lives on SS and my husband has dementia so he needs to watch TV? They do not care? It's despicable behavior!

Original review: March 11, 2019

From the beginning I had freezing, lagging, pages jumping, and slowness. I wasn't using the computer so much and the interruption was intermittent so I thought it was the browser Over a 2 1/2 yr period I tried other browsers, then thought it was the computer so I bought and returned two computers as the problem persisted. I swapped out modems a few times and moved the modem to different parts of the room but nothing helped. I called a few times for techs to check it out and said repeatedly to check the incoming cable but nothing was fixed.

Finally on a weekend a business tech saw my appointment for that day and decided to take it himself as he noticed that similar problems were reported in the area. He nailed it right away, finding problems at the main feed and the underground cable leading into the duplex. While this fix was in progress I started to ask for a credit for the months of bad service I had put up with when no one would listen to me. Initially there was talk of a 4 mo credit although I wanted six, and once the work was done the attitude changed as I'm sure they saw that it was their fault all along and now they wanted to give me the kiss off.

After weeks of haggling and repeating the story of poor service I was awarded a measly $100 credit and they were done with me. It should have been obvious that after the new underground cable was done and the other issues fixed that the internet speed and reliability improved greatly but by then I was fed up. I have switched to CenturyLink which is slower as I live in a low speed area but I am relieved to not have to pay the high price every month for so much stress.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: March 10, 2019

I just placed a new order with Xfinity, now I am getting the feeling this is NOT going to be a good relationship down the road. First off, the plan online was $29.99/mo. for 12 months, and you get additional $10 off with auto bill and online billing. So this sounded like a good deal, I placed the order online, it was easy. Then I chatted with a rep. online trying to ship the equipment to a UPS store where someone can sign for it. This should not be a problem, but the rep. claim it can only be picked up at a store, since I am in Chicago, I was close to one store, which I am fine with.

Then the SOB cancelled my initial order which I never approved. He placed a separate order at a HIGHER PRICE FOR THE SAME LEVEL OF SERVICE. I told him to fix it, then he transferred me to a super, but super was also incompetent! I do not understand why Xfinity is hiring these idiots??? Sure, they are cheap oversea, but they do NOT get the jobs done. They are just collecting paycheck for screwing up customers here!!! Or maybe that is exactly what Comcast wanted???

At any rate, later I called to file a complain, then the agent is again a person located in Philippines, she does NOT want to solve the problem, ONLY keep saying that NOTHING IS INCORRECT. I guess the plan is to convince you nothing was wrong, so nothing is wrong. I was so frustrated on the phone for over 2 hours, and things was just getting WORSE. Eventually, I just gave up and prepared to call on Monday for a U.S. rep. at the customer solutions department.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Have not had internet service running for full speed for a single day. Service and customer personnel sound like robots apologizing and understanding but 4 months into the contract still having the same issues. They ask for one more chance to fix the issue and have you go past the 30 day money back guarantee to lock you in. Run as fast as you can and get whatever other option you can get. They simply do not deliver the product and have service technicians come out every other day to accomplish nothing. I will have them continue to waste their tech time and have them come out until they want to cancel me as they will not let me out of the contract. I have a new full time job nagging them every day for the next 20 months.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I have paid for 150 Mbps internet. I have NEVER gotten CLOSE to that speed. I sometimes wait 5-10 minutes before a page even loads. What BS is this? Try any other service if you can. I don't know why there is not a class action lawsuit against these fraudulent claims.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I signed-up for Xfinity Internet plan with 30 days money back guarantee. I disconnected it in 10 days but I haven't got my money back. It's been 3-4 weeks. I keep calling customer service but nothing happened till date.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I've had Comcast for years solely because they're the only internet provider in my area. If they weren't, I would never do business with them again. Their customer service is garbage, they constantly mess up my bill (which has ONE SINGLE SERVICE ON IT) and their internet connection is slow, spotty and drops all the time. 0/5 stars. I hate this company.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

This morning at 11:49 AM, I received a phone call by one of Comcast's sales agents, alerting me to the "fact" that my $24 per month service was just about to be increased by DOUBLE, "to $40.99." I was was shocked. I'm a senior citizen, living on my Social Security check only, and simply couldn't afford to pay twice my normal rate. The fast talking representative told me that "this was the absolutely lowest price Comcast could offer me," and asked me to provide her an online approval before she hung up, after giving me a high-pressure sales pitch, lasting over 30-minutes. She told me that if I approved, I had "30-days to cancel my subscription" and that she would be sending me an email confirming everything she just said. She never did.

I immediately hung up the phone, and contacted a representative in Customer Service, by the name of 'Kathryn **.' That call was the best one I ever made. When I told her of the new charges, she sounded surprised, telling me that I only had to pay $19.99 per month for my basic service, NOT $40.90! To say that I was surprised was an understatement!!! After profusely thanking her for her honesty, I did some research, and discovered that Comcast is guilty of "Upselling," in other words, having their unethical agents make cold calls, scaring the heck out of their loyal customers, lying through their teeth, and trying to steal their money under totally false circumstances.

When I was still with my previous service provider, such an illegal thing would NEVER happen, only with Comcast/Xfinity. I immediately contacted Comcast's Complaint Department, and the woman told me that this agent would be "spoken to." 'SPOKEN TO'? She should be fired, then thrown in jail for fraud!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Where to begin. I am yet another victim of Comcast's extremely deceptive business practices! I got Comcast internet for my apartment in DC in February 2015 on a non-contractual basis as a new customer. Every year, they increase the monthly rate ridiculously and I call back and ask if they can lower the price (or I will be forced to explore the competition's pricing) and they come back with the fact that they have a promotion going on and would lower the price. I ALWAYS make sure to ask if I can cancel at any time the answer to which has always been, yes. I also get cold calls from them all the time with promotional rates of this and that... So this has been going on for a while.

So I called yesterday, 2/26/2019, to cancel my account as I am moving and low and behold, I am in a 2 year contract!!! This is something I would never have signed up for - I have been against any cable/internet/phone contracts as these are simply not beneficial to the customer and solely benefit the oligopoly companies. Additionally, the prices offered give no incentive to get yourself tied up in a contract when you can find just as good a rate or a better one easily from a competitor. I had over 2 hours of conversations with their customer service yesterday, talked to four people, and they basically gave me the run around with undertonings of rudeness.

They are claiming that on Jan 5, 2018, I had a phone conversation with one of their agents. They hiked up the rate from the previous year right around that time so it is true that I called in early January of last year (I don't remember the date). At the time, I did the same things I had done in years past. I told the agent that Comcast has hiked up my rate from the previous year's $49 (mind you for basic internet) to $74 and that I do not want to pay that, do they have a better deal? The agent came back with a $49.99 promotional rate (again exactly like in the three years past since I have been with them where never once was I in a long-term contract).

I am certain the agent never mentioned a 2-year contract. I do not have a recording of the conversation from Jan 5, 2018 but I most likely would have asked for whether or not the rate was for a contract!! Unless I was out of my mind that day, it makes no sense for me to sign up for a 2-year contract when Verizon or other providers would have offered the same deal for no contract - Comcast does not have a monopoly in DC. So, when I talked to the various agents and supervisors yesterday, they claimed that I agreed to a two-year contract via a link that they sent me via text where I checked marks agreeing with a 2-year contract. I asked to see a copy of it - NOPE, they can't provide that. They only save that for internal purposes.

When I asked why, the response was "that's just how our system is set up". Then also told me that they sent me one confirmation email and a follow up email stating this on Jan 5 and 6 of 2018. I do not see how notification emails can constitute an agreement - those emails don't do anything for me. Where did I agree to the 2-year contract is the question. Even better, one of the agents from yesterday told me that the agent who talked to me in January 2018 didn't have to disclose the 2-year agreement via phone (what!! DECEPTIVE) and that all they can go off is the confirmation emails they sent me (to which I never replied and didn't even know I received at the time until yesterday).

Also, the agent told me that the 2-year agreement is also listed on my bills. Where on the bills, you ask? On the last page in an obscure place where you would never scroll down to! Again DECEPTIVE. Again, I don't see how the fact that this was put on the bill continues to me agreeing to the contract. All I basically check on a monthly basis is the amount that I pay via the notification that I receive via email to which a supervisor I talked to replied "we are not responsible for you not checking your bill." (CONDESCENDING AND DECEPTIVE!)

Of course, there are a bunch of Class Action lawsuits and settlements against Comcast out there for misleading customers - some of which have given me satisfaction as I searched the internet for them yesterday after the infuriating calls. And I cannot wait to add my name to that list. I will be taking up this matter with DC's attorney general and/or Consumer Regulatory Affairs. At a minimum, I think Comcast needs to present evidence of when/how I accepted the 2-year contract in January 2018 - the voice recording as well as my supposed acceptance via a link sent through text. I have zero recollection of this occurring.

Additionally, is this really the correct way to treat your long-term customers? Isn't it better business practice to be courteous with your clients? Will I ever recommend Comcast to any colleague, friend, or family member? No. Will I use Comcast again? No - and I won't be forced to given the competition (even if limited) in the area that I live in. Beyond the deception, what makes me reel is the amount of time spent on the phones to get the same answers and how infuriating the underlying rudeness in agents' responses. And oh, a supervisor was supposed to give me a call back within the hour after I spent 45 minutes with the first agent & of course, they didn't call back - I had to call back and ask for a supervisor again.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Charged me $70.00 to solve a problem I had notified them about for 6 months. Finally diagnosed problem as a defective DVR they supplied. Then they refused to give a break to a senior apt complex of 300 units. So much for Trump giving them a big tax break and then Comcast sticks it to Seniors. No compassion in that organization. Just greed.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Pls be aware. Do not fall in trap of free gift card or phone or bundle up kind things. Do not even fall into trap of high speed fast internet or kind of thing like your speed will boost. No no no. Big no. Company have lot of promotion and attraction will through lot of baits and if you are not wise enough you gone like once fish catch bait. That's over. In my case they promised to deliver extremely high speed internet and changed my plan by just talking. No difference. We reverse it but bill they charged according to oh boy. They will just take advantage of your goodness. Pls it is my humble request with you all customer. Pls be careful. Do not fall into their trap. They are not honest. Period.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I was going to disconnect my service tomorrow Feb 23. I was replacing internet and cable from Xfinity. I had been a customer for four years and paid $224 per month and they could not give me a discount so I decided to leave. A week before I called to schedule service disconnection for Feb 23. Feb 22 my new internet service did not connect due to a line replacement and the neighbors dog was hindering the pole. So I decided to keep the Xfinity and called to tell them that I was gonna keep the internet so they would not disconnect me tomorrow.

Well they disconnected my other services a day early and would not keep their end of the deal as their customer service agent had made a most and in order for me to get that day back I would have to sign a contract for two years. It was not my fault but they did not make good. I wanted to make sure the new cable company followed through. But to no avail. I had to talk to three agents and they all gave me incorrect information and the third wanted me to call back in two hours to get misinformation again. This service I was thinking of keeping I am now happy to get rid of. If this is how they treat good customers how do they treat bad ones.

I would not recommend Xfinity to anyone and the supervisor was not wanting talk to me. When Brenda finally got on she did not make their mistake right and accused me of doing wrong when it clearly states in my file it was not to be disconnected till tomorrow and they could not make it right. So I will never be using their services and would not refer my worst enemy to them. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES AS YOUR MONEY IS NOT GREEN ENOUGH FOR THEM. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CLIENTS.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I called the 800 number and spent 30 minutes trying to get to an actual customer service representative to help with my internet connection issues. My internet goes down every evening for about 15 minutes and then comes back. I called into customer service, and every time I tried to get to customer service for technical issues the automated system wouldn't let me through and would send a signal to my modem to reset it. I finally pushed a ton of buttons on my phone and was able to get through to customer service and when I did was told that I need to call when it happens and they can do more troubleshooting.

When I asked her if the troubleshooting would be resetting the modem she said yes and I said, "We have already done that for a half hour through the automated system," she insisted that I had to call back. When I told her my frustrations about the automated system not letting me through and already did the resetting she kept apologizing for the inconvenience and when I told her I need her to look into the modem and pull up the files to see the connection issues, she stated she can't do that until the modem goes down again and I have to call back. When I persisted saying that the automated system wouldn't let me, she hung up on me.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ever! The sad thing is they are such a monopoly and no other provider for your area, they can treat you like crap and not care because if you want/need internet or TV they are your only option and they know it, with the amount of money they make you pay they should be helping everyone that calls. Not happy at all, guess I will have to keep having interruptions because they don't want to help. if or when another provider comes into my area you bet I am changing over to them.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

They bait and switched me telling me I have 150 at 44.95 per month. I am getting 60 or less. I called 6-7 times finally got the truth. They admitted they did this. Tried to settle with me and offered a worse deal. Ripping on the handicapped and elderly. Bad company.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

They cancel my account without telling me. It takes me an hour on the phone with them to reactivate it and now my billing cycle is a mess and they say 3 bills are coming. It’s so confusing and they explained it so poorly.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We have been Comcast customers for a year. We only had Wifi service, and paid about $40 a month. We decided to get cable to our 3 tvs. My husband called and ordered it, he wrote down all the details. We were told we would not be charged for the two extra cable boxes (when the guy came to install, we were and it was an extra $20 a month). We were told we'd get TCM and when we turned on the TV, it wasn't there.

We called to rectify this and my husband was told it was his fault for not reading the email confirmation thoroughly enough! So we decided to cancel the whole thing. They said sure, and transferred him to the cancellation dept. He waited on hold for several minutes and then finally reached someone who said, "Sure we can put you back to the service you had, but it will be $80 a month now, not $40." This was the service we had just a few hours before! We asked to speak to a manager and were put on hold again, only to be told he was busy and would call us back when he was free. Somehow I don't expect we'll be getting that call. I've never seen anything so outrageous or corrupt. Buyer beware, this is bait and switch! Google Fiber can't get here soon enough.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have been a Comcast customer for many years and they constantly are changing fees. I've had the same internet router for years and they just raised my rental rate 15%. They also increased their Broadcast TV fee by 25%. This is a fee not required by law for them to charge. How do you justify the cost increase.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

If I could give negative stars I would. Comcast/Xfinity is the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with in over 41 years alive. I recently moved my Xfinity cable and internet service from an apt to a house and I have had nothing but problems. The first 2 months of service at the apt were generally fine. The day I moved my equipment my internet would not connect. Comcast tried to force me into paying $70 for a tech to come out and troubleshoot the issue. They determined the issue was with their equipment and I still had to call them to get the $70 credited (I told them I was not paying it regardless). Then things worked fine for a couple days and all of a sudden our DVR started skipping, freezing up, and eventually we lost all access to DVR service.

I called and got a message that there was a known issue and it would be fixed by 9 pm (2 hrs). FIVE days later it finally was fixed. Then unsolicited, a tech came out to the box near our house and turned off our internet... No notification from Xfinity and the tech didn't even talk to us when he was onsite. We called up Xfinity and they couldn't explain why our internet stopped working and were not willing to have a tech look at the issue until the next day. When a tech came out he said the internet was intentionally disconnected due to some kind of signal interference. He admitted that the first tech should have explained to us what was going on, but even the upper level Supervisor we spoke with couldn't explain the situation.

If this wasn't enough, prior to this we spoke with Xfinity home services and the girl we spoke to gave us one name on the phone but then sent us an email from a different email address (different persons name), with a 3rd different name on the email signature. Same person with 3 different names... What? To make it worse this same person emailed us pricing for some equipment and then immediately said she couldn't honor that pricing. In addition, without approval from us, she changed our current plan, which reset our contract term.

One other issue we had was when we scheduled a tech to come out to our house to evaluate some Xfinity services/equipment and they never showed up or called us to say they weren't coming. We have been at this location for 18 days and have had no service, or interrupted service, for at least half of that time. The customer service reps and Supervisors feed you BS answers and excuses on top of lies when you call them. Not a single person with this company is competent at their job and quite frankly I don't know how they even manage to be capable enough to breathe on their own. DO NOT USE Comcast/Xfinity no matter what. You have been warned.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

This company must have a lot of clout in Washington. How do you keep a company that runs their business like they do without a huge lobby with tons of cash? Read the reviews. This week I've been without service twice. When I call I get a recorded message that there has been an outage in my area and their working on it. Their bill went up the usual five dollars this month so maybe their service will improve. Ha. Ha. Ha. Not funny. They should have their billing department work in the service department then things might get done. They never miss a billing cycle or a rate increase.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I have been a Comcast customer for their internet service for over 10 years and I always try to call about a month before my contract is expiring to check for new promotions. Unfortunately I have noticed a pattern over the last 4 or 5 years where they never have a promotion at the same rate I am currently at but always seem to have a faster speed offered for more money. I have continued to agree to pay the more money each time because there is no other option for internet in my area. This time I called I did not agree because the increase was above what I can afford. I am extremely frustrated that each year I call I seem to agree to pay more money, although I am getting a faster speed, but never seem to get the same price or the deal that I am looking for.

It just seems really convenient that after all these years of service and loyalty all I keep getting from the phone calls is giving this company more money but never seem to find a middle ground. I expressed to the customer service representative that I would even be interested in a slower speed if I could find a price that was more affordable for me and of course there was no option other than the promotion he was trying to push. At this point I would almost rather not have internet service in my house then continue to keep increasing my bill every year I try to call and find something that is reasonable.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Terrible company - they try to oversell & hard to cancel. I cannot stand this company. You are required to give 60 days notice (FOR AN INTERNET COMPANY). Plan AHEAD! Then they email you a voluntary cancel notice. I feel bad for people that work here. I will never choose this company again. We had it for our personal service, as well as a condo we rent. Other than a few times w service people, I have to say it is 95% an intolerable experience. I would give it a big fat ZERO if the review allowed it. WATCH yourself!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

In 2014 we signed up with Comcast - Xfinity without signing a contract. Around one year later their promotion ended and our bill went up, so we let them go. Within one month I personally returned their equipment in their boxes, and of which I have the return receipt still with me. But later I learned from Equifax that they were giving me bad credit for not returning their equipment! Bologna! I called them and gave them the receipt number, but I was told that they could not do anything about it. They are full of it!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Honestly, it doesn't really matter how many of us write negative reviews or complain about sub par service. Comcast is able to monopolize certain areas and therefore get away with providing this awful service. They argue with you about crediting you a dollar figure which is PEANUTS to a company like theirs while essentially telling you you should have to pay full price for service that doesn't work.

This was my story with Comcast internet. It would drop connection multiple times a day, I called over and over and got rooted around, had a technician come out twice and the issue was never fixed. Unfortunately, Comcast has a monopoly on my city so I can't switch to a different provider. However, I ended up canceling the internet and I will cancel cable next. I'd rather go without than give them a cent more of my money while treating me like an idiot because they have a terrible product. I love where I live, but I will celebrate the day I finally ditch Comcast and I will hopefully never have to deal with them again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Since May 2018 orange cord laying across backyard, draped over fence and down side yard. Called Xfinity, was told they would be out July 5th to bury cord, no show. Called again. Told September 9, here it is January 2019 orange cord still laying in backyard. Call Before You Dig has been out 4 times and placed flags front, back and side yard. When contract is up will be cancelling.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Well today drove me to write a review. I've been unsatisfied with Comcast/Xfinity for a while now because of the inconsistent internet speeds but today was the icing on the cake. My service has been out for 3 days now and in spite of all the complaints and reported outages in my area they are just sending someone out tomorrow morning. But wait, upon the phone call with Comcast the customer service rep informed my wife that they have on record that our account have over 100 degradation's on file and when asked will they give us some type of reimbursement for this the rep replied no because we didn't call in sooner.

So in plain terms we have been paying for 60 Mbps but they have on file that we haven't been getting anywhere near that and on top of that it's recorded that the service kept dropping. Here me and my wife are thinking it's the Fire Stick acting up again or something wrong with our TV wireless connection but it was actually Comcast poor internet. On top of that the amount we pay is not worth the amount of Mbps they give you. Worst part about it it's almost like they don't care because they know it's really no other internet service providers in my area where I can get internet only without cable.

So they exploit me and everyone else in Baltimore City that don't have any other option. So even though they denied us reimbursement of some kind for them not holding up their end of the deal that whole time we were paying them they only offered us $4 off for the 3 days for it being outage and then when I logged on to my account they only giving me the $4 credit if I pay my bill in full which is not due until next month. Boy oh boy. Greed will be the fall of everything.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We are paying $160/month for the fastest internet offered. Multiple times a week internet goes off for hours on end. Called the service line and everyone I’ve talked to doesn’t know what they’re doing and won’t fix it. They’ll send someone out a day or two later to look at our box and run all their diagnostics, but the box isn’t the problem. The wire coming into our house is. It was supposed to be fixed in the last couple days, but has not been. I live in a rural area and this is the “best” and fastest internet provider in our area. I would switch companies in a heartbeat if another provider had services out here.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

A Comcast technician accidentally disabled my service today. When I called customer service about the issue, they scheduled an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. I called back and spoke to a supervisor, he bumped the schedule up to the morning, but refused to provide emergency service today. Not only does this leave my home without internet and cable, but no phone service as well. I explained to the customer service supervisor that my kids will be at home for a short time tonight with no phone service and he still refused to send a technician.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs