Call Now Toll Free
Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.12/5

Comcast Internet Service has Flex 4K streaming and hotspot services. Find the right speed of service for your home by answering a few simple questions to have Comcast match you with the right plan. Comcast Internet Service also has advanced security features that block online threats to connected devices through its free Gateway service.

BOTTOM LINE

Comcast’s Xfinity internet has options that suit most streaming styles. Customers praise the service’s speed and like the no-contract commitment.

PROS

• Frequent deals
  • No-contract options
  • Reliable speed

CONS

• Service can be pricey

Top Comcast Internet Service Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comcast Internet Service?

Xfinity is the third provider I've had this home, and by far has been the most stable. Especially with me having a teenaged gamer in the house. I also love the ability to be just about anywhere and connect to their hotspot service.

I have been with Comcast for now for four years. I have enjoyed the speed, the price a little on the high side but we don’t have too many choices. Before I used Comcast I [had] another company and you’ll have a problem like every six months but so far and had no problem Comcast.

Comcast Internet Service Call Now Toll Free (866) 471-5523 Compare Offers

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

Comcast Xfinity internet plans

Xfinity internet plans are organized by speed, ranging from 15 Mbps, ideal for one to two devices and light streaming, to 2,000 Mbps, which is good for whole-home connectivity and multiplayer gaming. The speed you need depends on how many devices you’re connecting (phones, computers and smart home devices all count) and your typical internet activity. For most individuals and small families, 100 to 200 Mbps is sufficient.

Xfinity availability

Xfinity provides services in select states. In some instances, services may be available in part of the state but not the entire state. Contact Xfinity to see if service is available in your area.

Xfinity is available in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity internet prices

The price of Xfinity varies depending on the streaming speed you need. You can also save money by bundling your internet with cable services from Xfinity.

Speed# of devicesGood forStarting cost
15 Mbps1 - 2Music downloads, light streaming$49.95/mo
100 MbpsUp to 5Music downloads, light streaming$77.95/mo
200 MbpsUp to 8Multiple device streaming$39.99/mo
300 MbpsUp to 11HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$59.99/mo
600 Mbps12+HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$69.99/mo
1000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$79.99/mo
2000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$299.95/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity offers no-contract plans that allow you to cancel your service at any time without paying an early termination fee. Many of the company’s plans offer introductory rates or deals, which means the rate you’re quoted may only apply for the first 12 to 24 months of service. After this period, the fee may increase without warning.

Xfinity equipment

You can rent or buy equipment from Xfinity, including routers and modems, to support your internet plans. Xfinity also offers smart home equipment, including security cameras. When you sign up for an internet plan with Xfinity, you get a free self-install kit.

xfi gateway
xFi Gateway

The xFi Gateway is a modem and router in one. You can rent the xFi Gateway for $14 a month.

xfi pods
xFi Pods

xFi Pods are Wi-Fi extenders designed to combat dead spots. These ensure large homes have complete coverage.

xfinity camera
Xfinity Camera

These cameras capture and record live HD video. The camera can detect motion from people, pets and vehicles. Indoor/outdoor usage.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

How fast is Xfinity internet?
Xfinity offers a range of speeds that start at 15 Mbps and go up to 2 Gbps. Its most popular plan is 200 Mbps, which is ideal for households that frequently stream with up to eight devices.
Are Comcast and Xfinity the same thing?
Yes. Comcast owns the Xfinity brand. You may see services referred to as Comcast Xfinity or simply Xfinity, but both names refer to the same service.
What kind of modem does Xfinity use?
Xfinity offers the xFi Gateway, which is a router and modem in one. You can rent it from Xfinity as part of your internet service plan.
Does Xfinity charge equipment fees?
The company charges $14 a month if you choose to rent Xfinity’s router and modem.

Is Xfinity internet good?

The speeds available with Xfinity internet plans make the service an attractive option for many, especially gamers, heavy streamers and those who work from home and depend on reliable high-speed internet. Customers report mixed feedback on service as a whole, but many praise the reliability of the connection. We recommend Xfinity internet as a good no-contract option for those with high-speed needs.

Comcast Internet Service Reviews

Original review: July 9, 2020

I had another internet provider and after bill increases, poor internet speeds and constant loss of connection on both wi-fi and LAN devices it was getting hard to work from home. I had called them and they always blamed me or my modem (which I had purchased through them!). Yet they never even bothered to send anyone out to check (although they "claimed" they did while I wasn't home).

I threw in the towel and decided to try Comcast even though they were just as poorly rated online. Maybe I was just fed up and they caught me at the right time, but Comcast from the start to finish was amazing. They could offer me internet speeds that were faster at a cheaper cost (even with a modem rental!), they offered to come out to my house THAT SAME DAY while I was actually home and make sure everything was actually working and setup was so much easier. I literally switched internet providers in less than 2 hours from my first phone interaction thanks to Comcast and their service while the other provider hadn't even called me back yet from being on hold.

Now I've been cruising the web and haven't had my connection drop once. My remote work video calls have all gone without a hitch where before it was embarrassing how many times my connection would cut out. It used to drop 2 times an hour previously on some days! I'm sure I'll purchase my own modem now that I've determined they are better and for the immediate future at least I'm sticking with Comcast.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Went to the Xfinity Store to get a gigabit modem. I had my own gigabit modem (Arris SB8200). It malfunctioned but before it did I was seeing speeds of 1.2 Gbps according to Fast.com and also the Xfinity Speed Test. Now with the new modem I see 1 Mbps (not Gbps but Mbps). That's 100 times slower than the advertised speed. Spent 9 hours with about 10 different people. Some had disconnected me. Some just kept me on hold and some promised to call back but never did.

I now have no internet in my house as nothing seems to be registered. I am connected to a Wifi Hotspot probably from the WAWA on the corner. By the way Comcast isn't installing any hotspots. The hotspots you can connect to are on someone else's account. You get to use their bandwidth but don't worry - they won't be charged. They just give away their bandwidth. They are sending a tech to check the cables but I'm sure that's not the problem. I got a call back from some guy in India who told me I am in a slow internet area. I guess he figures because I am hispanic that I must be living in a **.

Another told me that even at those ridiculously slow speeds that it will still work. I guess she figures that now it will be worth the $105/mo they are asking for. Bad experience and inept tech support. I wish I can drop them but they are the only game in town and they know that. Now I have a bunch of broken hearts because Xfinity can't seem to provide service on any satisfactory level. I hope soon I can be done with xfinity or comcast or whatever they want to call themselves forever.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Comcast failed to alert me to my need to replace a modem. When I did, their new modem was faulty and I was without internet, e-mail and landline service for 5 days. I had to have a tech come to my home on a Sunday during the pandemic to attempt a repair of the problem. He had to be in my home 2 hours on a Sunday and 2 hours on a Monday.

The problem was with new modem. Comcast NEVER said I should get a new modem, instead the thing had to be somehow remotely re-configured with new passwords for THEIR modem, and changes to my equipment. It was a mess. So, I called to get a reduction in their bill to cover my costs for the tech to deal with THEIR faulty equipment, but was told that during the pandemic they do not send out techs, it was my "personal decision" to get one, and they have no responsibility for MY decisions. Comcast/Xfinity are CHEATS. They may be a big company and provider but they don't care about their customers. They suck you in and then you're on your own. I am now looking for a better company. I'm finished with this kind of treatment.

Original review: July 8, 2020

My Xfinity Internet has been out on and off for six months. Xfinity has been trying to fix it from the main lines on and off, hours at a time for the six months with no success. Constantly goes on and off when I’m in the middle of a business call especially now when I’m working at home. This is unacceptable. It should never take this long to fix an issue like this. I have contacted them. They have been to my home numerous times. They have tried to fix it but no success. It has been out all day today.

When I called them they said there’s nobody available to come out because of the coronavirus. They escalated it to a higher team and said somebody will call me within 72 hours. This is so frustrating. Please be aware of this company. They advertise that they want to help you but they do not care. They just want you signed up and take your money. Go with somebody, anybody else even if you have to pay a little more. It is just not worth it. It’s like beating your head up against the wall.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I was only going to need service from December to April because I was just a seasonal employee then I was moving to another state so I asked for a seasonal contract and they quoted $70 a month for Internet If I agreed to direct pay. But they took out $100/ month and promised to correct it but of course they kept talking $100/ month anyway. So I stopped direct pay the last month because at this point they owed me money. So I Returned their equipment and moved to another state and they sent me to collections for $88.11. They need to be investigated!!

Original review: June 30, 2020

I just renewed my contract. My service is horrible. I call many times to fix the issue. I get run around. They want sell me higher price package. I am not interested in high price package. I have also phone with them. Their service is not reliable. I get drop call. Before you signed long term contract find better supplier. They will try sell low price service then talk to you about higher price service. Watch out for selling tactics.

Original review: June 21, 2020

MY ACCOUNT number was handed over to someone else, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. My "roommate" had MY ACCOUNT number switched on and put in his name despite the fact that he has never had credit nor was he required to provide proof of address or any other identifying documentation (which every customer service agent insisted to me was required).

I spent 2+ hours on each of approximately five or six phone calls to rectify the situation, was given multiple "ticket" numbers and "escalation case" numbers, transfered to multiple different departmemts, and was told on 3 seperate occasions that I would be contacted by supervisors, etc. etc. etc. Yet every subsequent phone call or transfer was treated as if it was the first time they had ever encountered this situation and the notes were minimal on the account if not altogether absent! I was told numerous times they "will get a supervisor on it right away" yet almost FOUR WEEKS later nothing has been rectified.

My well established account now has SOMEONE ELSE'S NAME on it and inexplicably shows that they've had the account in their name since the account was established. They are utterly incompetent and worst of all, THEY DON'T CARE because they know that they're going to get customers regardless because they are a monopoly. I would honestly rather not have internet than to allow these imbeciles to have my money. WHICH THEY STILL OWE ME BECAUSE THEY GAVE MY CREDIT TO THE NEW ACCOUNT HOLDER!!!

Original review: June 12, 2020

For 2 months I have tried to downgrade my service to just internet. No phone. No TV. I own neither. I want just a basic internet plan. They have me approve the change I want, then give me something else that costs more without my permission.

Original review: June 9, 2020

My Comcast account was hijacked, so I needed someone to reset the password on the account. I called their support line. First it wants me to confirm that my street address is XYZX which it is not. It is a street number of my client who I was helping 2 years ago. They got my number associated with that person ever since. It takes some 2-3 minutes to get around this BS. Their garbage voice system later insists on me spelling out my account number. Fine. I did. Their garbage voice system then asks me if the numbers are correct and it immediately picks up its own words from a speakerphone feedback and answers its own question as "not the right numbers" and it wants me to start over. I'm stuck in a loop. OK, I type the stupid numbers by hand.

Why do they force their voice system on the customers if the system doesn't work? Then after like 5 minutes of answering stupid automated questions I get to talk to a live person. First thing they ask me is "what's your account number or a phone number?". Let me tell you, Comcast geniuses, in case you're reading this, I JUST ** TYPED IN YOUR MILE LONG NUMBER!!! Then it comes to actual troubleshooting and I'm already angry and we didn't even start yet. I wish anti-monopoly systems worked right in this country and vampires like comcast were split into 100s small fishes, or that internet was treated as utility and taken care of like highways and bridges, so that we're not held hostage to evil corporations.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I cannot recommend Xfinity wifi service, it is impossible to speak to a human when you have special circumstance that do not fit into their very limited automated system. When someone's internet is down they can not chat with a bot. I would recommend using almost any other provider. Xfinity does not care about customers and tries everything possible, including just disconnecting your call to avoid speaking with anyone. Incidentally, this is not because of Covid, I have been experiencing this infuriating issue for more than a year. If you depend on the internet for working from home or online schooling, do not pick Xfinity. They will answer the phone promptly if you want NEW service but they could care less after they sign you up. I wish I could given a negative 1 star.

Comcast Internet Service Company Information