2.26/5
Based on 429 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 16, 2018

2468 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 16, 2018

Comcast has been unable to hold an internet connection in my California home if I step away for more than 2 min. I must shut everything down and go through an entire reboot each and every time I am idle for longer than 2 minutes. This has caused me to lose many many work hours and suffer frustration where I want to harm my computer. My STRONG ADVICE IS TO STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!! SERIOUS.

Original review: May 15, 2018

We cancelled our account with Comcast 2 1/2 months ago, and cancelled it early before the service date turned over to a new month, and they owe us $52.46, we have been trying to get our money back from them since we cancelled, and they are tell us that we had a contract for the last 1 1/2 years, we know we don't have one, we never asked for anything to be changed on our account... so now they want us to pay them $90.00+... well it will be a cold day in hell if they ever get any money from us... poor customer service, never know who you will talk to for help. Hope everyone takes warning on not to do business with Comcast.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I have been a Comcast customer for over 10 years and HAPPILY QUIT TODAY!!! :-) They continually lie about speed provided, extremely difficult to reach a live person (unless you have hours to listen to their endless menu systems and commercials), no accountability, blatant disrespect to customers. WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!

Original review: May 13, 2018

I have never had a problem internet cable service. It seems to be a good company. Addressed issues from programming to the actual voice command remote. We are also faced with the service that addressed all my issues and promptly.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Bundle is not bad, service on installing multi returns, phone help inside USA can help better than outside USA. Notice when the president is in town loss of internet??? Why?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: May 13, 2018

Comcast/Xfinity offers many apps, excellent customer service and when there is an occasional outage it is quickly resolved. My only issue is the rates, if not bundled with other service internet rate seems a little high.

Original review: May 13, 2018

They are about average except for their speed, and reliability are just a little better than average. Almost non-existent customer service, but instead mediocre digital customer service.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Have never had a problem with the internet that couldn't be fixed almost immediately and problems are few and far between. Neighbors have tried other companies with terrible results and very slow speeds.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Their customer service is non-existent. The wait time is often more than 2 hours. Their agents don't speak nor understand enough English to be helpful. No way to resolve issues.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I have several Xfinity products. Service calls are complex and we try to tell them when we request service. They inevitably send the wrong kind of tech or one that is not equipped to deal with our system.

Original review: May 13, 2018

The speed is normally medium not fast at all. The internet goes out quite often as well. The customer service is a headache navigating on the phone when calling in to complain. I get upset with the automated service.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Expensive but generally reliable. But their technical help can be frustrating due to use of technicians whose accent is bad. I had streaming video problem I ended up solving myself by logic.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I pay for a higher speed but still buffers a lot. As far as cable Comcast seems to freeze up on me a lot and I have to restart the whole thing.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I've had no problems with my services. I've had them little over 3 years. If I ever move I am hoping that they can go with me as they're the only ones I prefer.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Love the service, HATE the cost. The added cost for modems, cable boxes etc is ridiculous. Also, HATE that now in order to see a "last season" series you have to pay for that too when you are already paying a high price. We will be cutting the wires in the near future.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Live in a rural area and sometimes the speed and connectivity seem to vary. Also, gradual price increase over time. Only have internet service, no TV or phone, due to price.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Customer service sucks. They don’t know what they are doing. I got a 50 dollar package and it has like 7 Channels. That’s not what the stupid advertisement said. The quality of the t.v. is awful. I’ve never in all my years Seen a t.v. Look so bad. It’s a fairly new t.v. Oh and don’t get me started on the Internet service, it’s worst ever! Right before they were suppose to come and install the cable I had seen another package, so I asked if I could upgrade and no one knew how to do that. Worst experience ever!

Original review: May 12, 2018

I pay for fast broadband at Comcast, but it seems no faster than "non-broadband." All the best channels one would want and watch are "not authorized" on my 150 dollar per month plan. Customers are NEVER reimbursed for the 'NO SERVICE,' often for 1-2 hours, due to "whatever," or for the 2-8 days of 'NO SERVICE' after a tropical storm, hurricane, or other, severe inclement weather.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Excellent service from Customer Service Representatives, Service technicians etc. We have been customers for over 20 years, since Time Warner days & have always received excellent care!

Original review: May 12, 2018

I've stuck with this company over 20 years, I have discontinued cable since I believe that their prices are outrageous, but expensive though it may be, their internet can't be topped. In this case, you get what you pay for. But with the installation, they left cables running across my yard and driveway more than two years, no one ever came back and buried them, and calling them to get anything done is a lesson in futility. When I was charged for both unlimited data, and for surpassing a data cap I paid not to have, it took 45 minutes, and supplying my personal data multiple times to multiple people, for them to tell me that they couldn't get approval to fix my bill for at least three days. Still, in my experience, the speed of the internet, and the stability of the connection, make all the customer service hassles bearable.

Original review: May 12, 2018

The Comcast Internet Service would quote a price to me, but that price would never show up in the bill. It was always, ALWAYS, higher. I would talk to them again, same results. I would go into a store, ask questions such as, "does the bill cover the previous month, or the upcoming month." "I don't know," was the answer. I received another quote and I asked if I could have it writing. "NO." OK, how do I prove what I should be charged. And then my premium channels disappeared. I assumed it was a mistake, as I asked for no changes in my service. A customer service rep actually called me and said that my bill was higher because I changed my account. Despite follow up calls and complaints to the PUC, they never changed their position.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Comcast Internet seem to want to please you but as far as their service I have the internet service I have a lot of problems with it - cuts in and out, it says it's a slow internet speed. I also have TV. It goes out just about once a week for a couple hours. They have no idea what causes it. They send people out here. They don't know what causes it. I also have the phone service and it works pretty good but since I installed it I've been trying to get into my email and they keep saying for code took and called them and they was supposed to send one out in the mail and they never got it.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have been a Comcast/Xfinity customer for 30+ years. The service is always good. They offer everything comparable to other companies. Pricing is high; however, all other companies are comparable in price for the same options you request. No company beats out the other company.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Their customer service has improved over the past year. Personally, I think all the companies are about the same. Their #1 priority is getting as much $$ as possible. And they all make you buy channels you don't want.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Xfinity is usually quick to take your money and turn your service off but their products leave a lot to be desired. Internet is usually slow or breaks down a lot and my high school and college age children are always complaining.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Too expensive - sometimes speed is very slow. They should keep their cost down. If I could switch I would but there is no one else in my area.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have had good and bad experience with Comcast. I have them lie to me & to their bosses about me. But I have had other internet providers and Comcast rate's a little better than the others.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Xfinity is the only internet option available in my area. The internet crashes often. The TV does not. Xfinity is still preferred over the Verizon internet of the past.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Xfinity has been ok. I do have problems sometimes with scripts and not responding. I'm glad they updated the speed without charging. The new format is much better and I can search the web faster. It's much better than AT&T.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Comcast are okay but cost too much. Have had problems with them in the past and they did their best to fix, but in the end I had to fix the problem, which was a bad cable.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs