2.68/5

2666 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 26, 2019

Thank you so much for recommending the xFi Pods! I am in a three floor townhouse where wifi is needed in all spaces. Although I have the blast fastest internet from Comcast, our computer connections were lagging. With xFi Pods, plugging in pods on each floor, easy set-up, and now the connection is super fast. THANK YOU!!!

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have had Comcast before and wasn't very pleased with it. However my new husband has had it for several years and since he pays the bills this is what he has chosen to have. We have our land line hooked up to it too. The only thing I don't like is when Comcast is working on something or something is busted, you are never notified by even a robo call. Comcast's wifi works much better than it use to. So far so good. I had CenturyLink before and they were pretty good. Not really the overall best either. Bill kept going up and up without notice. I had a traveling notary business and sometimes they just didn't take care of me.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Modem burned out. MICHAEL that works in the business Comcast department help us out. He understood that we are a business and needed to have someone out to us fast and he got someone out to us same day! 1-2 hours! GREAT SERVICE!

Original review: June 17, 2018

They have been amazing since we switched providers. There is less dropped calls, great customer service, and a reliable bill that doesn't constantly fluctuate.

Original review: May 25, 2019

My internet service is super slow and I am trying to speak to an agent about this and the voice robot keeps on resetting my modem and will not transfer me to a live agent. Very frustrating. And it is not as if there is any alternative in my neck of the woods.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: May 16, 2019

I was lied to 3 times by sales, promised HBO, SHOWTIME and 1 GIG of internet speed. Tech showed up to install and none of these were included in my package. I am currently getting 40-60 megabytes of internet speed and paying for 250. Customer service has done nothing to compensate for the misrepresentation or horrible internet service. I would rate them with ZERO stars if I could. From, Danbury, CT

Original review: May 15, 2019

As you can see from other hundreds of reviews, this is the worst internet service you can have. Unfortunately I was bound to use it for 3 long years because it was the only provider in my residential community. Worst speed, connection issues, high prices and hidden conditions. Every year they automatically increase the monthly bills by saying "your promotional offer has been expired".

You have to call them to cancel the service, and then they will give you the same price back. But wait, they don't pay you back the overcharged amount you paid in last bill cycle. Now that's not the worst part, the worst part is they put you on another 12 months agreement while giving you that "promotional" price", and you don't even know it. Because they never ask you about that, they just create an agreement and save it in your Xfinity account. They don't even send you a mail for new contract agreement. How are you suppose to know? And when you terminate the service, they charge you huge amount of termination fees. The worst service, and mentality of thieves. Keep it up Xfinity????

Original review: May 11, 2019

Tried thru chat and 800-xfinity to get password reset; was able to provide all info about account but they would not send because we were not in the house where service is located. Transferred to tech support - still no help. USELESS Service!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I’ve had Comcast for several years. I got divorced 2 years ago. My ex and I went to Comcast to sign me off as the account holder and the entire account. That way he could keep the boxes and not have to start over, it was just easier. I moved out and got my own service with them. It’s been issue after issue. The biggest issue is that after 2 years I came across my name and phone number still attached to his account and never was taken off. I was actually logging into what I thought was my account to check for a credit I was probably never getting, that’s another story.

After 2 hours on the phone, just that day, this is a week later and I’m still dealing with it. They somehow added a primary user to my own acct and I’m secondary. So now I have access to nothing. I’m the only adult living in my home, why would I put myself secondary? After many more phone calls, messages, etc. I’m told I need a 4 digit pin they gave me? Well I have no idea what they are talking about. I did not make changes on my acct and change the primary user I have no idea as to what the password even is to log in and try to fix this myself, so after wasting countless hours trying to fix their mistake, I give up. You can’t change my password but you can leave my information attached to another account? Way to go Comcast.

Every person I spoke to gave me multiple answers and none were even close in how I can fix this. One guy even said the good news is your ex’s account is no longer active. That’s odd. Because yes it is, we still keep in contact, so thank you with another lie. Once I can find another company, I’m leaving Comcast and their stories, long hold times, being transferred numerous times, and even being hung up on, among countless other issues this company has. I would not recommend them to anyone!!!

Original review: May 10, 2019

Once a week, outages, problems... Please call XFinity billing department and demand adjusting your bill. The only way for this company to learn if they start losing money. They should be aware that providing bad service will affect their business

Original review: May 10, 2019

So one evening I received a call from a salesman from Comcast asking me how my service was and there was anything I would like different. I simply told him I enjoyed everything I had, I wish my speeds are faster but I was fine. He proceeded to tell me for 5 more dollars a month I could get increase speed up to 50 mbps... The next thing you know I am checking my bill a couple days later in my bill is 35 more dollars. I ask the representative when I called Comcast why it was so high. She had informed me that I had switch to the Triple Play which I did not even know I had dawned I was on the Blast package for 74 bucks among plus another $5 for speed should be $80. For some reason my new bill was a 110.

After countless calls to customer representatives and resolution teams I finally got ahold of a manager who went back and listened to the phone call. After she listened to the phone call she informed me that I would be getting reimbursed the $35 for the past 4 months and that she was going to work up something to get me back on the plan that I was on. She told me she would call me within the next 24 to 48 hours. I haven't heard from her since. I called 2 days ago. Spoke to representative who had my case open. She reached out. Sent a email to the lady asking her to call me. I still have not received a single call. Mind month bill has came out since then and they again charge me a $110. They act like there is nothing wrong. They are making no effort to fix their mess up... It's funny because when you owe them money they harass you but when they owe you money they go ghost.

All in all I wouldn't recommend Comcast to my worst enemy and I will be seeking a lawyer to further go on with my case due to the fact I have never felt so lied to or belittled as I have with comcast. I've spent over 3 days of my life on hold and talking to representatives about fixing the mess up that their salesmen who keep in mind called me I didn't call them messed up... Moral of the story don't fall victim like I did and don't count on their resolutions team because when they owe you money they want to forget you and chase the people who owe them money regardless of how long you have been a good customer for.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Well, I refuse to get #screwed by Comcast. After being a loyal customer for 10 yrs, always paid on time, they all of the sudden want me to pay my bill of $53 + an additional $170 for DATA. Just google "Comcast data cap lawsuit". It's TOTAL **! So Today I shut it off! No TV, no Internet. #UnPlugged

Original review: May 8, 2019

We were paying almost 180.00 for Triple Play package. Box went out and we took it to a store. While we were there rep looked at account to see if he could save us money. He saved us a few bucks with a 2 year contract. When got home we no longer had any of the channels that we watched. The rep promised us nothing would change about our stations. Liar! Every rep you speak to can't answer your questions and it is a total scam. Putting you on hold, etc. My spouse told the one of many foreigners that we were going to package up everything, bring it to the store and cancel all of it.

Finally got a resolution specialist to fix the situation. I hate Comcast and wish they had some giant lawsuit to make them be regulated. My advice Do not change anything. If you need a new box, just get that and don't change anything. They purposely screw things up to get more money out of you. I am thinking they do something to your modem or boxes to get you involved with calling them. Don't fall for their Okie Doke.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have had numerous problems with the internet going out and needing to restart the router. We have tried 4 routers with the same problem. We have concluded it is the network. This problem has gone on for 3 years at my residence and is getting worse. But there are no other providers in the area.

Original review: May 6, 2019

They allowed someone to go online and order services in my name. This person didn't have to verify who I was to him or anything. They sent a technician to install services at the man's home that stole my identity. After I called to get the $9.95 internet for my son who attend school with reduced school lunches and giving Comcast my personal information, I was informed I already have services at an address I never lived at and signed by a man I don't know. I got a police report and the man has been arrested, yet his address still receive services in my name and a bill for $200 Comcast trying to get me to pay.

The fraud department asked me to email, text and/or fax my DL and proof of address to them. This was 60 days ago. Now they saying they cannot find my personal information and want me to resend it. Con artists who want to continue taking advantage of the victim instead of correcting the error and offering some type of assistance to help me. No apologies from Comcast or anything. They are putting me through hell to dispute the theft and yet didn't put the man who stole my identity through all this. It's sad.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I have been without internet for few days because their offshore customer service agents are the most helpless and useless ones in the world. When I decided to cancel the service it still took me about an hour to make them understand that my last day should be the last day the service was available to me. They still wanted to bill me for all the other days that their support service was trying to resolve my issue but was not able.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Comcast have a service that is called prepaid internet. With this service they don't ask for a deposit or a contract. Only the customer will buy the box and pay the first month when you want the service. What they don't told you is the box that you getting is used and do not work only for few days of course. I paid $80.00 dollar for that service that only had one day 'cause the box wasn't working. They will replaced it for other the same used and not working. I lost one day trying to get my service working or my money back but I couldn't. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE MONEY AND TIME PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS "PREPRAID INTERNET."

Original review: May 3, 2019

These people don't give a RIP. Worst customer service ever. We need other choices to go to. I will never recommend. Out of service from them working on the lines to land now no service. The best they can do is 3 days to come back out and fix their wrong.

Original review: May 1, 2019

My fault. We moved, there are no other cable providers. I called Xfinity and was quoted $79.99 triple play for 24 months. I said go ahead, and they came the week I moved. I was not billed $79.99, but $99.99. They said I agreed to it, and that there's nothing they can do. I didn't agree because I didn't have a computer to acknowledge and agree. Sneaky -- I gave them the name of the person who quoted the info but they can't find the phone call... and there's no promotion going on now so they can't change.... I hope another provider comes into my area who will offer lower rates as I will switch.

Original review: April 25, 2019

For the second time in the last few weeks, I have experienced trying to get on the Internet with instructions to restart my service. The first time went smoothly, except that I did not know I had lost the service through no fault of mine, I might add. I did miss the opportunity to work from home for many hours, because I have a laptop tied into my wifi. Tonight took me 35 minutes with a technician named Kevin between the hours of 6 and 6:35 pm, when I finally got service, on Thursday, April 25, 2019, who had me disconnect the black cord and unscrew the cable. The latter was difficult because I lack strength. No one should have to go through that! And certainly not so often!

When I told Kevin I was having difficulty he threatened me with paying 50.00 if the cause was on my end. My service is much slower than AT&T and that was pretty bad; however, I am likely to return to their much more expensive service, as I am getting my money's worth with my introductory offer of 19.99/month and will have to continue to suffer through these ordeals through the second year at a higher price! There were no storms in this area today by the way. My time is important also, Comcast, and there was no reason on my end to have interrupted service.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Comcast has the absolute worse customer service ever. Their automated answering is unable to recognize English no matter how clearly you articulate it. They keep zero records of what has been discussed about your account and given you have been a customer for over 10 years and faithfully paid your bill on time every month they still don't see that as a reason to not schedule service men to come shut off your service when their automated billing screws up and doesn't take your payment. No phone call, no investigation, they just shut your internet off. After spending at least 3 hrs on the phone trying to get it sorted out and thinking you have you wake up the next day to have to repeat the whole process again. But that is not the end of the story so wait for it.

About 4 days later you check your Xfinity account to see if everything is back to normal only to discover they have charged your acct. $210.00 for early termination. Yes you heard it right. I can assure you that would have never been found and corrected by anyone who works for Comcast. I had to call and go thru another 2 hrs on the phone bringing all this to their attention. After filling out several surveys of my opinion of their Customer Service I agreed to let them follow up with me by phone and chose "morning" as the best time. Guess when they called? Easter Sunday at around 6 pm...dinner time. Oh yeah.. The only word that comes to mind in all my encounters with Comcast is...IDIOTS.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I first likes to say that Comcast Representatives are not very knowledgeable. I contact them concerning my data usage and he told me it was because of my Amazon fire stick. I explained to them if they had better services I would have to use a fire stick but yet he still could explain to me why the excess data usage when no one is at home. This went on for about an hour and ask to speak to someone else. Never allowed to. Thank God that I'm only in this contract for one more month and they can have their bad services. It's so sad that in the ** community they only give us the scraps of everything but I'm not garbage material and I'm not going to accept garbage service so I pray and I hope that someone else sees this and be acknowledged that Comcast is truly a rip-off cable company.

Original review: April 21, 2019

In August 2018, I canceled my television service with Xfinity and requested to keep my month-to-month contract for 250 MB internet service. The salesperson offered 1 gig internet service for the same price if I signed a 24-month agreement. I explained that I wanted to stay month-to-month because I might be moving to a place without Comcast for work.

The salesperson unequivocally told me that cancellation fees would be waived if I moved to a place that Comcast did not serve. When I moved seven months later, I received a $180 cancellation fee and representatives from Comcast now tell me that there is nothing they can do. This was outright fraud by the sales team. And it wasn't the first instance of fraudulent behavior by their sales staff. In November 2017, I received an email out of nowhere thanking me for upgrading my television service - which I had not done!

Evidently an unscrupulous salesperson had upgraded my service without my approval. They apologized and reversed the charges, but it's more evidence that this is a company to avoid if possible. On top of all of this, my "gig" internet service never topped 230 MB in the seven months that I had it. They simply did not deliver anything close to their advertised speed. Internet service (in Redwood City, CA) was also spotty. We'd have to restart our Xfinity modem several times a day to keep a signal in our house. In short, stay away from Xfinity if at all possible!

Original review: April 20, 2019

I've had Xfinity internet for several years now and I have to say they still SUCK! The internet constantly goes out or slows down. It doesn't matter how much you call them. They always have some lame ** excuse why. When are we going to force these huge CONGLOMERATES that create monopolies to at least give us quality service. I hope everyone knows that the USA has some of the slowest internet service in the world because these guys are trying to nickel and dime the ** out of everyone... DISGUSTING!!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

So, they offered me a “unlimited “ internet package with a “pro” velocity. They told me that it was a promotion they have and that I only had to pay around $132 with tax, first ???? red flag, internet wasn’t working well, and was as slow as it can be. I called and they told me to change my router which I did. A week pass and same problem, called again to complaint just to found out that I have a bill of $210 because I exceeded my “unlimited “ plan... How do you exceed and “unlimited” internet??!!

So the lady told that the plan is called “unlimited internet“ but it's just 2000 TB I think... And she said that she can take out my "super pro velocity" in order for my bill to go down a little and I will just have to pay $169. What a hell!!!! She gave me completely different numbers than the other two representatives so I’m now just thinking how the hell did you pay “just” $169 when they first told me that my bill was supposed to be $132... so no!! Please don’t fall for them. I’m going to file a claim in every single platform on internet ... and file a claim. Thinking in proceed with a legal action for false advertisement.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I called Comcast in Feb 2019 to find out when my contract would expire and see what plans were available. The CSR told me that I could get better speed and TV for $39.99 a month with Broadcast TV fee of 9.60 Est taxes $1.48 $51.84. I paid my last bill which was $29.99 then with all the pro rating and advanced charges I paid another bill of $82.67 then I went back online to see what my next bill would be. $70.06. Looked at the charges. My base rate was increased to 44.99. They claim because I was not on auto pay. Looked at original contract and states I could save an additional $5.00 a month for auto pay. Don't trust them so I had it removed. My broadcast TV jumped to 21.05 and taxes 4.12.

The issue was not honoring contract. Raising rates 1.5 months after changing services. When I called back about this issue the CSR was clueless at best. Had to repeat myself many times. Asked for supervisor. He was of course busy but was given a ticket number. Promised a call back in 30 minutes. Waited 2 hours so go went to online chat. She was at least somewhat helpful so I looked at some other reviews and the only way you can get Comcast to help you is to make a complaint to the FCC and BBB which I did. Got a e-mail from corporate office offering to remove the Instant TV which was only 10 channels. Got more through my antenna and give same speed internet 60m for $19.99 a month.

I also got an e-mail from someone at Comcast who handles FCC complaints will leave his name out. Told him what happened. I expect my price to go up in the next month or two. Advised I would just file another complaint with the FCC. He asked me to call him first. I told him point blank that the CSRs lie and are unethical. Also pointed out that they should remove the word INTEGRITY form their core values because they have no idea what the word means.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Keep your eyes on bills. Comcast practices gradually increase monthly bills, even if a service under a contract. It is first. Second Comcast makes billings due day early than it was set up, on a couple days, sometimes earlier, to force customers pay late fee, if the Customers late pay their bills. Also that way gives Comcast to make extra cash, because Customers pay more than 12 times in a year. Plus the internet speed much slow than promised. Terrible way to make money.

Original review: April 15, 2019

BEWARE OF COMCAST! OR LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES! In early February 2019, I answered a Comcast advertisement I received in the mail for two years of Internet and TV at $35 a month. I called the 800 number provided (855-888-2173), and a salesperson who identified herself as Traneka, located in the Miami area, suggested I would be better off with a package called X1 Starter Triple Play for two years at $79.99 a month, not including various taxes, for Internet and TV plus telephone service, and including Showtime and Starz at no cost for one year, as long as I signed up for Autopay and Paperless Billing (which I did). I also signed up for a smartphone that was to cost $4 a month, and I was to receive a $200 Visa Prepaid Credit card for the X1 Starter Triple Play and a second $250 Visa Prepaid Credit card for the phone.

In the easily hour-and-a-half-detailed conversation I had with her, I told her I had been a long time U-Verse 200 customer, and I would need to duplicate all of the features I had been receiving from AT&T, including: a second receiver, the ability to record programs, free HDTV, two telephone lines with a hunting feature and call waiting, and the ability to watch the DIY and NFL networks without an extra charge. She said the cost to duplicate this service would be $109 a month with Autopay and Paperless Billing. She also gave me the make and model number of a modem I could purchase so I would not need to rent one from Comcast at $13 a month.

Now, this is what actually happened: LIE 1: The modem she recommended did not have Wi-Fi or telephone capabilities, so it could not be used, and it cost me $9 to return it to Amazon. LIE 2: I now do have to pay Xfinity’s $13 a month’s modem rental fee. LIE 3: The installers were not told I had two phone lines, so there was an extra $11.95 per month charge for the 2nd line. LIE 4: The HD Technology Fee had not been waived as she promised, so there was an extra $9.95 a month fee for that.

LIE 5: The DIY and NFL networks can be reached “on demand” as she indicated, but they are not free as she had stated - there is an extra charge to watch them. LIE 6: The DVR was not included as she promised, so there was an extra $10 a month fee for it. LIE 7: Apparently, she had made no provision for me to receive the two Visa Prepaid Credit cards totaling $450. LIE 8: The smartphone, that she assured me would remain at $4 a month, is now being billed at $8.71 a month.

Bottom line, my monthly Comcast charges, not including the smartphone, are now $44.90 (or more than 40 percent) higher per month (or more than $1077 higher over Comcast’s 24 month contract) than promised, I am losing out on another $460 for the Visa Prepaid Credit cards and the Amazon restocking charge, and the smartphone charges are more than double than promised. In total, the overcharges will come to close to $1600 over the next 24 months - assuming Comcast will not institute other increases (that she said they would not do) along the way.

I have spoken with Comcast’s billing people about these unkept promises and they have refused to honor the commitments made by their own salesperson in Florida, proving that Comcast’s sales techniques are nothing more than LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES. So even if you get a contract in writing from Comcast like I did, my advice is to be very wary. And you might be wise to get your Internet, TV and phone service elsewhere.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Have been a loyal Xfinity Internet customer for 14 years at my current location. Has anyone else in North Central Massachusetts experienced very unreliable connectivity over the last 3-4 months. When the service is up, it screams at top speeds, but it seems that it goes down very often during the day. Troubleshoot my own connectivity on a regular basis and it's not internal for sure. Regards, David - Templeton, Mass

Original review: April 11, 2019

Finally got fair billing from Comcast when I said I was going to leave for greener pastures with HULU's Live TV package for $30 per mo. There had been no billing increase for months from Comcast after that. Oh, but wait, I got suckered into signing up for Xfinity Mobile, because of ATT's poor billing practices. Guess what...my internet and tv bill went up immediately after signing up for the Xfinity Mobile service. They figured they have me now that I signed up for Xfinity Mobile and gambled that I wouldn't want to cancel my Xfinity internet and tv service even if they raised their rates. Wrong! Only two more months to get my rebate back for my phone purchases and Sayonara Xfinity and Xfinity Mobile; hello Youtube Live TV or whoever. It's amazing how this company trips over dollars to pick up dimes. The real irony is the CEO and his Execs don't even care, because they use foreign telemarketing entities to filter the complaints.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs