2.25/5
Based on 426 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2484 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

They have been amazing since we switched providers. There is less dropped calls, great customer service, and a reliable bill that doesn't constantly fluctuate.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Comcast/Xfinity has the WORST service of any company that I have dealt with. Have been have ongoing Internet connection issue. They sent out technicians to see problems and then realize that it must have the underground cable line installed and the data comes and goes and the work does not get done. They wonder WHY I am angry and screaming sometimes from frustration and unfulfilled promises. I so wish that there was a reputable company that I could switch to!!!

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

They promise one thing and deliver another. They treat customers well only until you have started using their services. I had very bad experience with the billing where $50 which was taken as a service startup deposit and was promised to be adjusted in first month bill was not removed. I was asked to pay $75 (for $25 plan) only after I had called them 3-4 times. Worst... Will never use Comcast... They bluntly asked me cancel the service after apologizing that their promises were false...

Original review: June 8, 2018

Comcast will rip you off at any chance they get. I was talking to a representative on the phone while setting up my account, I mentioned an internet ad during the setup process, that had a lower price and free installation. I have a screenshot of the ad, with free installation,and the representative said it would be free. My bill has an $80 installation fee. I figured calling would settle the matter. I was told they could waive half as a courtesy.

I tried talking to a supervisor and was told she'd review the call. The supervisor reviewed the call and returned a message to me saying it would still only be half because the deal was not for the $69.99 x1 Saver. Funny thing is I have the screenshot showing that exact deal with a free installation. Will be posting that screenshot online along with the voicemail text quoting that. Thanks for taking up so much of my time, will not be recommending your service. I am currently looking at alternatives and considering paying the termination fee so I can patronize a company that treats their customers right.

Original review: June 7, 2018

WORST COMPANY EVER! Service is slow, we live in an urban area, signal should be strong but it constantly drops. Executive offices say that we will get the blast speed (up to 300 Mbps) if we are HARDWIRED. This does not apply to wifi. Just being down the hall from the modem and getting a speed test of 140 Mbps is fine according to them. This isn't what they advertise. The visuals is of a family of 4+, all on their devices, playing, having fun, and all at super fast speeds. Such a gross misrepresentations. Our home was serviced on more than 10 occasions all for the same problem. Whatever fix was performed, was undone the following visit with comments about the previous installer's skill level.

Faulty equipment was installed (or unstable equipment with well known problems was installed) and the following technician would say, 'Who did this? This is a sure-second-call unit.' When I asked what that meant, he said, "One visit to install and a second visit to de-install." Executive offices tell us they know nothing about instability of equipment (and they would know) and I find out 6 hour later from another executive that there's a national ticket out on the modem. They are downright abusive in how they monkey around with people's time. I understand that utilities experience outages and repairs need to be made (but there was no outage with Comcast) and 10+ repairs to juggle not being at work, supervising technicians who are doing and undoing and redoing the same fixes over and over again is beyond the pale.

This company feels completely at ease airing their dirty laundry in my home, on my time, and at my expense. It's outrageous. I'm told that it's not something that should be going on however with the number of Comcast/Xfinity personnel engaging in blackballing behavior suggests that it's quite commonplace. The fish rots from the head down so if that's what's happening on the local level, my assumption is that corporate is just as disorganized and ill equipped to handle any matter dealing with quality customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: June 6, 2018

Avoid AUTO-PAY Feature of Comcast Xfinity account. Comcast usually charges 1 month in advance, so if at all a bug is generated common belief is that we can still work out for any new charges posted on account. With this common belief, I talked with customer representative when for 1 month a charge of $112.97 was posted on my account (regular monthly charges were $70.87). Since I had set up auto pay, I called up representative immediately to reverse the charges and accordingly agent advised me to change plan (also promised to apply credit).

Next month I see credit for only $10 when it should have been $32.97 and when asked about same this time the representatives claim nothing can be done about it. With this harrowing experience, I remove auto-pay on all my accounts, because with monthly generated bills we still have window to see credit being applied before we make actual payment. Once the amount is debited from your card, it becomes very difficult to fight for unreasonable charges and get reversal for the same...

Original review: June 5, 2018

My bill has not been late and around my due date. They shut my service down, and when I call they ask for a payment which has been sent in. I will not give them a CC to process monthly with their unexpected price hikes. When my contract is done so are they!!!

Original review: June 5, 2018

We have had Xfinity for the last couple of years. I have been on the phone with them almost every month because our internet goes down. They always blame it on the fact that I have my own Netgear Night Hawk modem and router because they want me to rent from them. I have spent over a grand in modems in the last six months and all 5 of them do the same thing including the one I finally rented from them "the latest, greatest"! Pretty amazing that 5 modems all do the same thing and yet it's the modems fault, not theirs! Then I find out that half the things that were promised to me were never documented such as they would waive the early termination fee because they could not provide the services I was paying for.

Today I am ready to cancel my account and I go to verify what Justin agreed to just a couple months ago and they have no record of that. I am then told that they will have a Manager call me right back after they read the email explaining my whole ordeal and that was a couple hours ago. FYI, my last call lasted 1 hour 35 minutes and I spoke to five individuals.

First guy says he will add Showtime and HBO permanently because he can see all the trouble I have gone through over the last six months and he can definitely fix my internet problems. After about 30 minutes he is unable to fix it so he passes me off to level two tech. Level 2 tech is an idiot reading off a screen and does not listen to what is being told to her and all the techs that have come to my house and all the modems that have been replaced. She simply keeps interrupting telling me that it is my modem. She tells me she needs to send out a tech and that it will be a couple days.

I explain that without internet I have no security, no cameras, no telephones, no door bell, thermostats, pool, piano etc, etc. I explained that they have come to my house about 5 times including management and have never found anything wrong and nothing has changed. After getting fed up with her I asked to talk to somebody above her and she stated she was the top of the food chain! Really, level 2 support is as good as it gets! I asked to speak to her boss and he was nice but could not do anything but schedule to get somebody out tomorrow.

I asked to be sent to retention so I could at least get my Showtime and HBO back which they cut off last night being that we have no internet. Bottom line sorry, no documentation of anything yet I can give them names of who said what. They do not stand behind what their employees offer and have no answers. The retention department said they would have a manager call me and I have yet to hear from him. First thing in the morning we will be calling ATT and DirecTV. I have wasted hours upon hours with these people and I for one am done. I don't have many choices and ATT here is terrible but at least it is steady.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Been customer of Comcast for 10 years... prices got so high I could not keep up. On May 2nd my services were suspended... knowing this I had to leave town for family emergency. Upon returning I decided to keep only internet service... made changes on May 11... have confirmation email... still trying to bill me for services not rendered. Have "fought" for 4 weeks and talked to over 12 people and told all same story and they will not listen. Was told to go to local store by supervisor named Alton. When I got there had no record of conversation with Alton... talked with Michele at local location. Very nice lady. She sent info up ladder so to speak and was given a "ticket #" and was told a resolution would occur in 24-72 hours. Contacted Comcast and was told ticket # was incomplete (whatever the hell that means). They suspended my services yesterday because a credit I was given showed in past due billing. No kidding. How do you deal with ineptitude?

Original review: June 1, 2018

I have had Comcast at my home in Tn. for six years. I am suppose to be able to monitor my alarm system and thermostat from my home in FL. When I got to my Tn. Home in April NONE of my services were were working even my caller ID. They had attached a different phone number for caller ID. Nobody could explain to me how that could even happen. My internet, alarm system and my thermostat was not working at all.

It took me numerous calls for hours to get someone to help. I finally had to call corporate Comcast. While I had lot these service a lot of damage was done to my home. While I thought I was managing my thermostat a fever ice osmosis system in my home frozen and burst costing me $928.00 in damages. When I arrived it look like kids had gotten into my home and partied. My fireplace was broken because someone roasted marshmallows in it. My alarm did not work. Went I sat it at night and going out it was off when I checked it again.

Nobody at Comcast even their executives had no idea how this could happen but promised me I would be compensated for my losses. They told me they were going to turn it over to their insurance. After a month a guy came out here to fix everything and confirmed my services were not working but could still not tell me when anything quit working. I came up here to recuperate from a serious illness and have gotten sicker and sicker from all the lies that Comcast employees had told me.

After my services were back on I called the executive that promised me compensation and he told me to call a Sam who was the worst person. I had talked to him and he told me they were NOT going to turn it over to insurance as it was not their fault. I asked him if he could tell me when the alarm and thermostat quit stopped working and he said no. Then I asked him then how he could tell that it wasn’t Comcast’s fault and he practically hung up on me. I tried to call him back but he would not answer the phone. I called two executives back and they said it was still in the computer that it was going to be covered by insurance. They told me that the executive that made that promised was going to call me and after several hours he never called. I am going to the Dr. tomorrow to confirm how sick they have made me. So I give Comcast a 0 and run before you ever use them. It has been absolutely horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I've been a customer since 2016, these people don't leave notes, don't follow through with ANY agreement they make with you and 9 times out of 10 my security system is down. There is always have a truck outside my complex. USELESS. I am so done with these lying thieves!!! I'm off to ADT. I will NEVER recommend Comcast to anyone! I was told one amount of $119.80. I call back. It's now almost $500 seriously??? STRONG ADVICE IS TO STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE SERIOUSLY. I was told I owe them $19.80 remaining on my bill. I call to pay it and now I am being told I have to put down a deposit of $100 and pay an early termination fee of $349.80. How does this work and if I don't I will be sent to collections, all I owe on my account is $19.80. This is crazy. I am so suing them if they mess up my credit.

Original review: May 28, 2018

We went to a store, got an unlimited internet package cause we have two teenagers, well every month it seemed we were getting charged more. Finally I looked at the bill and they said I was not on a unlimited plan so I explained that is what we signed up for! After 3 weeks back and forth they gave us a $200 credit but the overages charges was over $500, cause I need the internet to work we paid our bill, changed our plan to unlimited and added a home phone service cause the rep said we would not pay anything extra. Get our bill we are still being charged overages exceeding $200 and adding the home phone made our bill jump $30/month. Called, spoke to supervisors who said they would call back and NEVER do.

Finally after being on the phone for 3 hours a supervisor tells me the guy who changed my plan has been fired and they can't refund me or lower my bill although this is the 2nd rep to lie. I even asked to pull the recorded call since I made the rep repeat no additional charge and unlimited. I shouldn't have to continue to pay extra because your reps lie, on top of them having awful service!

Original review: May 28, 2018

They just makeup prices, charge you $5 for any change you want to make. You don't know if an issue is their fault or not, if they come and they say it's not them they charge you at least $60 unless you buy their insurance. The only way to get a decent deal is to tell them you want to cancel. I was having problems with the connection going out. They sent a service tech, he was Russian and rushing and didn't speak enough English where we could understand each other. They would not rewire my home. they would only wire up to my modem, so now I can't use the modem in the other 2 rooms that were previously rewired because the tech said it was the splitter.

Then one day we had an outage. I saw it on my app. But my internet never came on and they could not find my modem from online. They said they would send someone but if it's my equipment I would have to pay. I had no choice. The guy said the line from the pole was bad. He was able to replace it, this guy spoke English and he did a great job and my service is good now, but the previous tech should have seen this because he touched the line to the box and said it was "crunchy". It was old and dried out and part of the reason I had the first problem.

They also don't tell you when your renewal is up and then raised your rates really high and then if you get new plan they tell you they already billed for the higher rate which you prepay so you haven't even used and tell you to ** basically. (self edited) I've had a lot of billing problems with them over the years because they prebill and have odd service dates when you pay. They make it as confusing as possible and tell you there is nothing they can do. Too bad they are a monopoly and have no competition.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I moved to Northern CA from Nevada, Cox vs Comcast cable internet. Wow, what a rip-off Comcast Xfinity is by comparison! Upload speeds from Comcast are ridiculously slow. They never achieve top speeds for my product (s/b 150 mbs down, but 135 mbs is average). Compared to Cox, I paid less and achieved up and download speeds much higher than the guaranteed minimum for my package; sometimes 3 times faster than what I was paying for. Cox customer service is excellent. Comcast people are unreliable - I always call twice to see if I got the correct info. Cox: two or three outages in ten years. Comcast: two outages in last 4 months. I believe Comcast is blocking higher speeds. Could be my location (more rural now than suburban) but still this is CA - freaking technology here should be the best in the world.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I been charged for $11/month modem for last 5 months that I never ordered or received from Comcast. I reached twice to Comcast to solve this problem, they agree to take this charge off my bill but they never did. I am still being charged for equipment.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Comcast has been unable to hold an internet connection in my California home if I step away for more than 2 min. I must shut everything down and go through an entire reboot each and every time I am idle for longer than 2 minutes. This has caused me to lose many many work hours and suffer frustration where I want to harm my computer. My STRONG ADVICE IS TO STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!! SERIOUS.

Original review: May 15, 2018

We cancelled our account with Comcast 2 1/2 months ago, and cancelled it early before the service date turned over to a new month, and they owe us $52.46, we have been trying to get our money back from them since we cancelled, and they are tell us that we had a contract for the last 1 1/2 years, we know we don't have one, we never asked for anything to be changed on our account... so now they want us to pay them $90.00+... well it will be a cold day in hell if they ever get any money from us... poor customer service, never know who you will talk to for help. Hope everyone takes warning on not to do business with Comcast.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I have been a Comcast customer for over 10 years and HAPPILY QUIT TODAY!!! :-) They continually lie about speed provided, extremely difficult to reach a live person (unless you have hours to listen to their endless menu systems and commercials), no accountability, blatant disrespect to customers. WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!

Original review: May 13, 2018

I have never had a problem internet cable service. It seems to be a good company. Addressed issues from programming to the actual voice command remote. We are also faced with the service that addressed all my issues and promptly.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Bundle is not bad, service on installing multi returns, phone help inside USA can help better than outside USA. Notice when the president is in town loss of internet??? Why?

Original review: May 13, 2018

Comcast/Xfinity offers many apps, excellent customer service and when there is an occasional outage it is quickly resolved. My only issue is the rates, if not bundled with other service internet rate seems a little high.

Original review: May 13, 2018

They are about average except for their speed, and reliability are just a little better than average. Almost non-existent customer service, but instead mediocre digital customer service.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Have never had a problem with the internet that couldn't be fixed almost immediately and problems are few and far between. Neighbors have tried other companies with terrible results and very slow speeds.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Their customer service is non-existent. The wait time is often more than 2 hours. Their agents don't speak nor understand enough English to be helpful. No way to resolve issues.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I have several Xfinity products. Service calls are complex and we try to tell them when we request service. They inevitably send the wrong kind of tech or one that is not equipped to deal with our system.

Original review: May 13, 2018

The speed is normally medium not fast at all. The internet goes out quite often as well. The customer service is a headache navigating on the phone when calling in to complain. I get upset with the automated service.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Expensive but generally reliable. But their technical help can be frustrating due to use of technicians whose accent is bad. I had streaming video problem I ended up solving myself by logic.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I pay for a higher speed but still buffers a lot. As far as cable Comcast seems to freeze up on me a lot and I have to restart the whole thing.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I've had no problems with my services. I've had them little over 3 years. If I ever move I am hoping that they can go with me as they're the only ones I prefer.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Love the service, HATE the cost. The added cost for modems, cable boxes etc is ridiculous. Also, HATE that now in order to see a "last season" series you have to pay for that too when you are already paying a high price. We will be cutting the wires in the near future.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs