Comcast Internet Service
2.51/5
  • 1 star
Based on 818 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Comcast Internet Service

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 17, 2018

2239 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

The internet slows extremely every night around 11 pm making it very hard, sometimes even impossible, to stream anything. Their services go down frequently, at least twice a month. I have no internet because of their services being down. I don't like paying for something I can't even use when I want/need to. I've had AT&T internet before and never had half as many issues as I do now.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Long story short, Comcast has been running a promotion where they provide a gift card with enrollment in service. I enrolled in service in July of 2017 and was guaranteed a $50 gift card for enrolling. I am now writing this review in January 2018 and have never received the gift card. I have contacted Comcast via the web three times and have called twice. Every time a representative says that the situation is being handled and that, "a gift card was sent out in September."

This is not about the money on the gift card, but more about the principle behind using these baiting tactics to get people to enroll. It's absolutely unacceptable that something like this could occur. Unfortunately, I am stuck with Comcast as they are the only provider in my area. We should be getting access to another provider within the next six months and I will happily switch providers when alternative service becomes available. The whole thing is shameful on their part.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I received my internet modem, and had no problem connecting all the cables. After 20 minutes, and no online light, I went outside the house and discovered that the cable wasn’t even connected to the box on the telephone pole. I called for a technician to come out, and they scheduled me for a 7:30 am appointment on a Saturday, which was 4 days out (seems a bit early in the morning but I digress). Saturday arrived and so did the technician. He was driving a small Ford Panel van with a little 15 foot ladder strapped to the top. He got out, took a look at the telephone pole, then told me he couldn’t do it because he would need a bucket truck and none of them were available.

After he left I called customer support again and they sent out a supervisor. When he arrived he told me their bucket truck operator was on vacation and would be until Thursday. He told me he’d go back to the shop and see if they could possibly come out Sunday instead if they could get the keys to the truck. He promised to call me within 30 minutes and left. He never called.

Sunday rolled around and I contacted customer support again, and they booked me an appointment for Monday. I specifically told them to bring a bucket truck and screenshotted the conversation (this was done via their IM service, not a phone call). It’s now Sunday afternoon and I’m crossing my fingers that they actually get it connected tomorrow. PS After the first technician left on Saturday, Comcast credited $20 to my account for the inconvenience.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Having been warned that Comcast uses deceptive practices and makes a practice of regularly raising the prices of their service on existing customers, I specifically asked for a guarantee that my rate would be frozen if I signed up for a two year deal. I was assured by two different support people that it would be locked, however after just four months they raised my rate. It was only a few bucks, but I have no doubt that another increase will follow... and another. It's what they do. I contacted them to protest but they refused to honor the deal. I'm surprised Comcast would risk making guarantees and using deceptive ads, risking a class action lawsuit.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

DO NOT GET XFINITY INTERNET OR ANY OTHER SERVICES. I paid for service and my internet never worked, not once. I had to pay for a service call and still it never worked. I had numerous technical calls and IM's and STILL IT NEVER WORKED. Therefore, I returned my modem and was told that I had to pay an early termination fee. I didn't pay it. Then they sent me a bill for $200.00 to pay for my monthly services and termination fee!!! I've spent over 30 hours and 20 calls on the phone with these people (being on hold, then being transferred and hung up on). The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Then finally, sometimes, I get to talk to someone who acts like they can help, and they tell me that they will credit my account $100 and put in a supervisor ticket for the other $100.

AND THEN I GET ANOTHER BILL FOR $200. They are the worst! Run for your life. Yesterday, I just found out that they sent me to their in-house collections department and when I called XFINITY customer service, they said that they have no record of the numerous billing and technical calls! SHADY! SHADY BIZ! Last week I ordered internet from a different provider. They sent me the modem, I plugged it in and WOW, it WORKS. XFINITY-COMCAST SUCKS! I want to be credited for the service I never had!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

My internet with COMCAST XFINITY has been on the fritz for the 6 months I have had it. So two days ago spoke with them and it appeared the box was faulty. So we schedule today at noon for the box to be replaced. The guy arrives at 12:30 and the horror begins, He keeps telling me the line is bad. It ends up he destroys all of my working internet and TVs. 8 hours later another contractor comes out and fixes everything back to where it is suppose to be. I have had it with Comcast!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

We’ve not had Internet service for a month now. Countless hours on the phone. No one at Comcast can figure it out. And they don’t want to send a technician. Why did I ever switch to save a few dollars?!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

A loyal Comcast customer for over 25 years. Never again! Comcast repeatedly billed us for a rental modem which we had purchased on our own. They reduced channels and internet speed then raised our rates. The "last straw" was dealing with incompetent executive customer service agents for several months who mishandled the billing on our account so that we ended up paying late fees. Cancelled all our Xfinity services today, yet not one person in customer service on the phone or at the retail store asked why, apologized, or said they were sorry to lose our business. Clearly, this company cares absolutely nothing for how they treat loyal customers.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I have had cable service for more than 25 years. I had DSL for my internet, until Comcast brought out cable internet in our area. It worked fine for several years, then, they introduced the X1 TV system, once that was installed, my internet went to hell. I have replaced modems and cable boxes, had techs to the house, all of which stay for about 1/2 an hour, see everything is working and hit the road. Then within 12 hours, the same problems start. I love how they have YOU LOCK INTO a contract, but where the hell is their end of the bargain! Told them tonight I am done. I am not paying another red cent! Tired of being put in the back burner, maybe when they do not get payment, they will pay attention!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Fastest speeds, consistently. Very few dropouts or shutdowns in the last couple of years. Quite responsive when you call with the problem, but they could be more efficient and have fewer layers of customer service to answer a question.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I was with a satellite that service for the past several years and lost picture and sound whenever it clouded up. We could not get updates on the TV during Hurricane Harvey even though we had electricity as the water was rising. Since I have been with Xfinity it has not happened, even during thunderstorms and heavy rain.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

My husband owned a business. When he died I tried to transfer the business number out of a business account and into my residential account. After speaking to at least 25 different people, several hours on the phone. No one knew what to do and I was advised that I had to close the business account and take a chance on having the number ported to my residential. That's just plain stupid! No other provider requires one to cancel their number in order to port to a new provider. I'm not paying over $100 per month in order to do nothing but forward a phone number to another.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I have struggled with Xfinity and the X1 platform from the day we tried to get it installed 2 years ago. It took them 3 trips out here to get it working right and that took 3 months. We had packet loss off and on for the first year. Now we have had the internet cut out every night but one this week. They have sent two techs out. The first uninstalled an amplifier and the second reinstalled it. The amp was put in back in October because we had issues with one of the TV's locking up. The Internet is down until 1 or 2 pm. Then it will work until about 10 or 11 pm and cut out again. The problem is the internet. X1 relies on it. The cable TV signal will lock on one channel and not let you change it but it will work. Now the only common thing is that it happens at night and it is working fine when the Tech gets here. Oh and it has been in the low teens here in Nashville the last few nights. I give up I'm getting robbed and no one cares.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Apparently there is a data limit. It is in the fine print. Now I'm stuck in a contract with these people. Called customer service and they snickered and said I should read the fine print. I will wait till my year is up and then switch to a better company.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

We have been a Comcast customer for over 10 years. In those ten years, we were repeatedly lied to that we had to have cable in order to get internet access. However, our internet was mostly stable. Recently, my husband put his foot down and demanded we get rid of cable (note: we have not had a TV in over ten years, either). They did so, and dropped our speeds, which dropped our costs about a paltry $10. Over time, (6 months), our costs have slowly risen again, and now our internet stability is shot. Frequently, we are forced to call and request help to deal with the problem.

My husband works from home and I own my own business. I have been asked why I didn't switch to a business account. I was told point blank that will only move our address up the queue when there is an outage-- it does not increase speeds since our service is in a neighborhood. We would switch to someone else, but our choices are even slower (and inconsistent) DSL & (slower and more expensive) satellite. I want CHOICES.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Customer help with problems over the phone is not very good. They were not able to answer questions that were eventually answered by my sons. This happened on 3 separate occasions. On one call, I was put on hold for about 20 minutes and then disconnected.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Just wanted to thank you people for screwing me over. I'm not even an Xfinity customer and you screwed me. Your installer was messing around with my neighbors cable and got him all set up but due to the complete incompetence of your employee, my cable is now gone. No cable, no internet, no phone. I work from home so this will cost me a lot of money. My neighbor called your company to get the installer back out to do the job the right way which would include not taking my service down that I pay for and they basically said that as long as HE had service and the fact that MY service no longer works is MY problem and that I'd have to call MY provider (which is NOT you for reasons JUST like this).

MY provider won't be able to make it until Friday. Now keep in mind. I did nothing here. I was cut off from my service by YOUR company. Now I have to cease my operations until Friday because YOU people will not come and repair what YOU ruined. I stopped using your service because the service was bad and just when I considered going back to you, this happens. I will be going out of my way to give your crap company the worst reviews I can (all truthful of course). The blatant disregard your company has shown me is inexcusable. So I will use my iPhone hotspot connection (which costs money) to operate my basic level needs until Friday and spend most of my time letting everyone that I can reach know how much you suck.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Comcast is the only ISP in my community, so when I say I would drop their service in a heartbeat if given a choice, you understand fully what I mean. My service has been down for nearly two weeks now, and I even know why this is the case. I called to report the problem and was immediately told it was a problem with my modem, and that I needed to get it replaced. I did so to give them no possible way to use that excuse on me again. At the facility, the representative tried to upsell me instead of listen to what I had to report. When my problem persisted, as I knew it would, I called back and was told, yet again, the problem was on my end because they weren't getting a signal from my router.

To an intelligent person, that would indicate a problem with their signal transmission lines somewhere between my house and their facility, and that maybe it would be a good idea to send a team out to find where the problem is and fix it. No, they send a tech... to my house a week later just to find out there's nothing wrong with my equipment and an animal had chewed through their transmission line across the street. Well, it turns out the earliest they can get someone to fix this issue is 4 months from now. Yep... 4 months. Meanwhile, they continue to charge me for service...that I am clearly not getting! This company takes no responsibility for maintaining their service infrastructure and enjoys no accountability for their part in ripping off their customers.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I have had to call on numerous times because of internet issues, half of the time I end up fixing the issue myself. I spent an hour today talking to 5 technicians, 1 supervisor, and right I am waiting to speak to a second supervisor because the first supervisor was from the wrong department. And she won't speak to me, I have to talk to her through a technician.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

If you can get around using Comcast/Xfinity it would definitely be in your best interest! Having used home and business services for cable and internet, my experience has been reasonably AWFUL to say the least. Scenario 1) The internet or cable goes out and you troubleshoot the symptoms as they instruct you to with no help so they say that they will assign a technician to you and there will be a phone call to set up an appointment for your service. That phone call never happens and you are left with no service, still.

Scenario 2) Upon setting up a new business, we sign an agreement with Comcast/Xfinity TEN MONTHS before opening and clearly illustrate all of the job that needs to be performed, only to see the job completed over THREE MONTHS past our grand opening. I have never seen a cable and internet installation take so many meetings to "discuss the plan" and nothing ever happen! How does it take 13 months to complete an installation?? Santa Fe, TX may be a slow moving town, but they sure let us know about it when they did not get what they expected!

Scenario 3) With a home account, somehow our monthly rates go up EVERY SINGLE MONTH!! We call in and complain and the representative "puts notes into the software" and "guarantees that nothing like this will happen again" only to turn around and spend another hour on the phone going through the same thing, 30 days later. I have never seen any other company attempt to pull dollars and cents from the pockets of people that place faith in such a horrible service!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

We moved into a new facility Nov of 2016, had completely new network cabling installed, and signed up with Comcast Business Internet Service as our internet provider, almost immediately we begin to experience poor quality, slow speeds, internet connection going down completely etc. Contacted Comcast repeatedly and was treated to operators from India who instructed us to restart our modem, restart our computers and all the usual basic things that they are trained to say, all of this while we are trying to conduct business, during business hours. (Very disruptive.)

Comcast representatives convinced me to pay for upgraded service to improve the situation, this seemed to improve performance for a while, but soon deteriorated to very spotty inconsistent service. Every time we complained we would be told that our usage was likely excessive, or that our equipment was causing problems, they insisted that all Comcast equipment and services were performing perfectly. My most recent complaint in November 2017 resulted in a visit from a Comcast technician who was involved in a new cable being run into our neighborhood, he said that the existing circuit was totally overloaded, and had been for months. Subsequently I was billed $99.00 for a service visit. This seems wrong yet no one that I contact by phone will help remove this charge.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I have been a loyal customer of Comcast Xfinity internet for quite a long time now. On 12/13/2017 my internet was not working so I called Xfinity to report the problem. I was on the phone with the customer service representative for almost 40 minutes, she first tried to help me fix the issue, and later told me that it was an outage in my area, and the internet will be restarted by 12:30 pm date day. I waited a few hours after 12:30 pm and still my internet was not fixed so I called and spoke to another customer service representative and this time I was told the problem is my internet only and that it was not an outage. I was told that it will take 2 days for a technician to come and fix my internet, since I am working from home I did not think this was fair. I could not miss 2 days of work.

I wanted to speak to higher management. I was transferred to higher management, a lady named Nancy. First Nancy tried to say that she couldn’t hear me and when I told her that I know you can hear me very well, she just hang up the phone on me. When I called back my phone was placed on automatic reply, I could not even get to a representative anymore. I figured this out and used another phone to call and I told them how rude, and horrible it is to do that to a loyal customer. Nothing happened I still had to wait 2 days for the problem to be fixed. Xfinity used to be a great internet service provider but they have started treating their customer so horrible. I would not recommend this horrible company to anybody, their services are horrible, and they treat their customers like crap. I lost two days of work because of their sloppiness. I highly recommend that people who work from home to stay away from using Xfinity as their internet provider.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Speed is important but you get what you pay for! They don't have the best technicians in the world even with very expensive meters, the techs cannot tell when a 3dB loss is too much. You have to stay on top of your contract period in order to take advantage of the latest offers. Be wary of any contractors that want to offer something on behalf of Comcast, Comcast won't honor what is put on paper.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

We have been very pleased with our cable and internet service. We haven't had any outages since starting our service 4 months ago. The only thing I didn't care for was the installation. They mailed us the equipment to set it up ourselves, but it arrived before we even moved, so we had to get it straightened out... but customer service handled everything VERY well.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I hate doing business with this company-which I’ve only had the displeasure of working with for 2 months so far. But... There is no other choice for internet in my community so I’m stuck with them. It’s infuriating! They sent me a promotion in the mail which says I get up to 5 free lines with unlimited nationwide talk and text INCLUDED with my service. It very clearly says this. When I called they started going over data plans with me. When I said the promotion says it’s included she said the "line fees" are free... It’s just like doing business with the shady guy on the corner... You better watch your back and have 0 trust. They will play the shell game and scam you as soon as they can. I would ditch this company immediately if I had a choice.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Comcast is the worst ISP in the USA. Billing is consistently wrong and takes months if not years to correct. Service reps are unhelpful and snarky. Comcast had no record of equipment shipped but not ordered, but billed for anyway. Service can be sporadic in our neighborhood, with no explanation or fix by Comcast. Would not recommend Comcast under any circumstance. Do not sign up with Comcast.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I thought that perhaps Comcast would become more technologically competent over the years. In the past they have wasted so much of my time trying to resolve problems that should never have been problems to begin with - such as keeping separate accounts in different states separate, so that I could access the various accounts online, keep payments separate, etc. Well, here I am - at over 1 hour waiting on the phone for the 3rd tech support - to sort out another ridiculous problem - this time information from an old account, cancelled 6 months ago interfering with recovery options settings for a new account in a different state. It would be so much better if Amazon handled all their tech!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

This company is terrible. They keyed in my social security number wrong (they admitted the mistake) and now tell me I must go across town to their store to get it changed! My remote went out (the third one) and I have to go across town again to get a new one. My sister was on the account with me. When she passed away, I was told, again that I would have to go across town to their store and bring a death certificate with me. I don't drive now, so the cab fare is really high. I don't see why a remote cannot be mailed out and why they can't correct their typo of my social security number over the phone. They also bundle services. If you want a less expensive TV package, they charge every part of the Internet service, so you still pay the higher price. They really need competition. Their service is atrocious.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I have incurred a lot of difficulties with this provider, poor installation that has not been corrected after numerous service visits. Lost a large number channels for several weeks that was not corrected after numerous calls to customer service.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Everything looks pretty good when you sign up. BUT, when you want to cancel or change (downgrade) your plan, the headache begins. First, I tried to call customer service to downgrade my service, I was transferred three times to reach the right person, even I made the correct choice and specifically told the agent that I wanted to downgrade. Then I was told that if I remove TV and downgrade internet, my bill will be $30 more, how ridiculous?! Then when I tried to do it myself online, more problems. The "manage plan" is linked to "contact us" directly and I don't have the option to manage plan online. Online chatting only got reply with non-sense and irrelevant.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.xfinity.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use