Call Now Toll Free
Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.09/5

Comcast Internet Service has Flex 4K streaming and hotspot services. Find the right speed of service for your home by answering a few simple questions to have Comcast match you with the right plan. Comcast Internet Service also has advanced security features that block online threats to connected devices through its free Gateway service.

BOTTOM LINE

Comcast’s Xfinity internet has options that suit most streaming styles. Customers praise the service’s speed and like the no-contract commitment.

PROS

• Frequent deals
  • No-contract options
  • Reliable speed

CONS

• Service can be pricey

Top Comcast Internet Service Reviews We Found

Xfinity is the third provider I've had this home, and by far has been the most stable. Especially with me having a teenaged gamer in the house. I also love the ability to be just about anywhere and connect to their hotspot service.

I have been with Comcast for now for four years. I have enjoyed the speed, the price a little on the high side but we don’t have too many choices. Before I used Comcast I [had] another company and you’ll have a problem like every six months but so far and had no problem Comcast.

Comcast Internet Service Call Now Toll Free (866) 471-5523 Compare Offers

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

Comcast Xfinity internet plans

Xfinity internet plans are organized by speed, ranging from 15 Mbps, ideal for one to two devices and light streaming, to 2,000 Mbps, which is good for whole-home connectivity and multiplayer gaming. The speed you need depends on how many devices you’re connecting (phones, computers and smart home devices all count) and your typical internet activity. For most individuals and small families, 100 to 200 Mbps is sufficient.

Xfinity availability

Xfinity provides services in select states. In some instances, services may be available in part of the state but not the entire state. Contact Xfinity to see if service is available in your area.

Xfinity is available in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity internet prices

The price of Xfinity varies depending on the streaming speed you need. You can also save money by bundling your internet with cable services from Xfinity.

Speed# of devicesGood forStarting cost
15 Mbps1 - 2Music downloads, light streaming$49.95/mo
100 MbpsUp to 5Music downloads, light streaming$77.95/mo
200 MbpsUp to 8Multiple device streaming$39.99/mo
300 MbpsUp to 11HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$59.99/mo
600 Mbps12+HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$69.99/mo
1000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$79.99/mo
2000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$299.95/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity offers no-contract plans that allow you to cancel your service at any time without paying an early termination fee. Many of the company’s plans offer introductory rates or deals, which means the rate you’re quoted may only apply for the first 12 to 24 months of service. After this period, the fee may increase without warning.

Xfinity equipment

You can rent or buy equipment from Xfinity, including routers and modems, to support your internet plans. Xfinity also offers smart home equipment, including security cameras. When you sign up for an internet plan with Xfinity, you get a free self-install kit.

xfi gateway
xFi Gateway

The xFi Gateway is a modem and router in one. You can rent the xFi Gateway for $14 a month.

xfi pods
xFi Pods

xFi Pods are Wi-Fi extenders designed to combat dead spots. These ensure large homes have complete coverage.

xfinity camera
Xfinity Camera

These cameras capture and record live HD video. The camera can detect motion from people, pets and vehicles. Indoor/outdoor usage.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

How fast is Xfinity internet?
Xfinity offers a range of speeds that start at 15 Mbps and go up to 2 Gbps. Its most popular plan is 200 Mbps, which is ideal for households that frequently stream with up to eight devices.
Are Comcast and Xfinity the same thing?
Yes. Comcast owns the Xfinity brand. You may see services referred to as Comcast Xfinity or simply Xfinity, but both names refer to the same service.
What kind of modem does Xfinity use?
Xfinity offers the xFi Gateway, which is a router and modem in one. You can rent it from Xfinity as part of your internet service plan.
Does Xfinity charge equipment fees?
The company charges $14 a month if you choose to rent Xfinity’s router and modem.

Is Xfinity internet good?

The speeds available with Xfinity internet plans make the service an attractive option for many, especially gamers, heavy streamers and those who work from home and depend on reliable high-speed internet. Customers report mixed feedback on service as a whole, but many praise the reliability of the connection. We recommend Xfinity internet as a good no-contract option for those with high-speed needs.

Comcast Internet Service Reviews

Original review: June 30, 2020

I just renewed my contract. My service is horrible. I call many times to fix the issue. I get run around. They want sell me higher price package. I am not interested in high price package. I have also phone with them. Their service is not reliable. I get drop call. Before you signed long term contract find better supplier. They will try sell low price service then talk to you about higher price service. Watch out for selling tactics.

Original review: June 21, 2020

MY ACCOUNT number was handed over to someone else, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. My "roommate" had MY ACCOUNT number switched on and put in his name despite the fact that he has never had credit nor was he required to provide proof of address or any other identifying documentation (which every customer service agent insisted to me was required).

I spent 2+ hours on each of approximately five or six phone calls to rectify the situation, was given multiple "ticket" numbers and "escalation case" numbers, transfered to multiple different departmemts, and was told on 3 seperate occasions that I would be contacted by supervisors, etc. etc. etc. Yet every subsequent phone call or transfer was treated as if it was the first time they had ever encountered this situation and the notes were minimal on the account if not altogether absent! I was told numerous times they "will get a supervisor on it right away" yet almost FOUR WEEKS later nothing has been rectified.

My well established account now has SOMEONE ELSE'S NAME on it and inexplicably shows that they've had the account in their name since the account was established. They are utterly incompetent and worst of all, THEY DON'T CARE because they know that they're going to get customers regardless because they are a monopoly. I would honestly rather not have internet than to allow these imbeciles to have my money. WHICH THEY STILL OWE ME BECAUSE THEY GAVE MY CREDIT TO THE NEW ACCOUNT HOLDER!!!

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2020

For 2 months I have tried to downgrade my service to just internet. No phone. No TV. I own neither. I want just a basic internet plan. They have me approve the change I want, then give me something else that costs more without my permission.

Original review: June 9, 2020

My Comcast account was hijacked, so I needed someone to reset the password on the account. I called their support line. First it wants me to confirm that my street address is XYZX which it is not. It is a street number of my client who I was helping 2 years ago. They got my number associated with that person ever since. It takes some 2-3 minutes to get around this BS. Their garbage voice system later insists on me spelling out my account number. Fine. I did. Their garbage voice system then asks me if the numbers are correct and it immediately picks up its own words from a speakerphone feedback and answers its own question as "not the right numbers" and it wants me to start over. I'm stuck in a loop. OK, I type the stupid numbers by hand.

Why do they force their voice system on the customers if the system doesn't work? Then after like 5 minutes of answering stupid automated questions I get to talk to a live person. First thing they ask me is "what's your account number or a phone number?". Let me tell you, Comcast geniuses, in case you're reading this, I JUST ** TYPED IN YOUR MILE LONG NUMBER!!! Then it comes to actual troubleshooting and I'm already angry and we didn't even start yet. I wish anti-monopoly systems worked right in this country and vampires like comcast were split into 100s small fishes, or that internet was treated as utility and taken care of like highways and bridges, so that we're not held hostage to evil corporations.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I cannot recommend Xfinity wifi service, it is impossible to speak to a human when you have special circumstance that do not fit into their very limited automated system. When someone's internet is down they can not chat with a bot. I would recommend using almost any other provider. Xfinity does not care about customers and tries everything possible, including just disconnecting your call to avoid speaking with anyone. Incidentally, this is not because of Covid, I have been experiencing this infuriating issue for more than a year. If you depend on the internet for working from home or online schooling, do not pick Xfinity. They will answer the phone promptly if you want NEW service but they could care less after they sign you up. I wish I could given a negative 1 star.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comcast Internet Service?

Original review: May 23, 2020

My bandwidth over the last couple days has been great until today. I have to use secure VPN through my work and since I am working from home currently, I have to rely on constant internet speed. Well today Comcast decided to throttle my bandwidth to less than 1mb a second. Called them and they told me I was using a torrent service through a VPN. I told them no, I am working from home and have to use a VPN provided by work due to the security of projects I'm working on. Their response was anything but polite since they told me if I continue to use a VPN then they will continue to limit my bandwidth. Why do I pay over $150 for horrible service.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Xfinity is the worst provider!!! Three technician during this epidemic. One says it fix but it went out 5mins after he left. The 2nd to indicate that the main outside line needs to be repaired and will be repair by the next day (didn't even show up). The 3rd guy to not show up. After several contact, all 3 guys say they close out the work order complete. No work from home, no school work, no entertainment whatsoever. THEY LIE AND DON'T CARE WHAT IT CAUSE YOU!!! BILL CREDIT CAN'T PUT FOOD ON THE TABLE OR PAY YOUR BILLS. I wish everyone would find other providers making them care about customer because right now they don't!!!!

Original review: May 23, 2020

The rating should be NO STARS! Comcast has come up with a new 'bait & switch' to defraud customers. I signed up last year for cable, internet, and landline when I moved to Washington state. The agent on the phone said that I would never pay more than the amount he quoted me for the 2 year contract with the exception of any tax increases. My rate went up after the first of the year. The 'Broadcast Fee' increased by 50%. This is not a government tax. I called on May 5th to complain about being lied to and the agent said he could get me the same channels I was currently getting for less. I asked him to repeat that several times as it sounded too good to be true. Yep, he lied to me.

Two weeks later I lost a bunch of channels and all my premium channels. HBO, etc. I was furious and called again on May 22nd. I told the agent what had happened and he said if I wanted the plan I had originally had (before their lying agent changed the plan) that I would now have to pay $20 more a month!! Comcast STINKS. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. I am filing a complaint with the FCC and will be contacting a different vendor ASAP. You can change your name to Xfinity to try and rid yourself of your terrible reputation, but you are really just Comcast and your name might as well be MUD!!!

Original review: May 20, 2020

Comcast is the WORST tv and internet provider by far! They used to be ok, but have totally gone downhill over the past few years. If you have an alternative by all means choose it. They can’t be as bad as Xfinity!

Original review: May 17, 2020

I have had intermittent service since Jan. Comcast sent me a new modem in Jan. The connectivity has gotten worse. My interent service has gone out 4/29, 5/4, 5/8, 5/12, 5/14, 5/15, 5/17. I have spent hours on hold, working through the automated sytem, working with "Advance Repair" reps, Tier 2 reps, getting disconnected, told I would get a call from the "Higher Fix Team", etc. On 5/15/20, I was told a technician was coming to my home on Sun, 5/17 from 2:00 to 3:00. I was given ticket #**. No technician showed up!!! I called again. I held again. I was disconnected twice - honest. They did call me back. This time I was told a tech would CALL me on 5/24/20 to resolve my probelm. I think this would make any healthy person angry.

Comcast Internet Service Company Information