Call Now Toll Free
Shop on FYI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5
Based on 1,786 ratings submitted in the last year

Comcast Internet Service has Flex 4K streaming and hotspot services. Find the right speed of service for your home by answering a few simple questions to have Comcast match you with the right plan. Comcast Internet Service also has advanced security features that block online threats to connected devices through its free Gateway service.

BOTTOM LINE

Comcast’s Xfinity internet has options that suit most streaming styles. Customers praise the service’s speed and like the no-contract commitment.

PROS

• Frequent deals
  • No-contract options
  • Reliable speed

CONS

• Service can be pricey

Top Xfinity Internet Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Internet?

Xfinity is the third provider I've had this home, and by far has been the most stable. Especially with me having a teenaged gamer in the house. I also love the ability to be just about anywhere and connect to their hotspot service.

I have been with Comcast for now for four years. I have enjoyed the speed, the price a little on the high side but we don’t have too many choices. Before I used Comcast I [had] another company and you’ll have a problem like every six months but so far and had no problem Comcast.

Xfinity Internet Call Now Toll Free (866) 471-5523 Shop on FYI

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

Comcast Xfinity internet plans

Xfinity internet plans are organized by speed, ranging from 15 Mbps, ideal for one to two devices and light streaming, to 2,000 Mbps, which is good for whole-home connectivity and multiplayer gaming. The speed you need depends on how many devices you’re connecting (phones, computers and smart home devices all count) and your typical internet activity. For most individuals and small families, 100 to 200 Mbps is sufficient.

Xfinity availability

Xfinity provides services in select states. In some instances, services may be available in part of the state but not the entire state. Contact Xfinity to see if service is available in your area.

Xfinity is available in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity internet prices

The price of Xfinity varies depending on the streaming speed you need. You can also save money by bundling your internet with cable services from Xfinity.

Speed# of devicesGood forStarting cost
15 Mbps1 - 2Music downloads, light streaming$49.95/mo
100 MbpsUp to 5Music downloads, light streaming$77.95/mo
200 MbpsUp to 8Multiple device streaming$39.99/mo
300 MbpsUp to 11HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$59.99/mo
600 Mbps12+HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$69.99/mo
1000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$79.99/mo
2000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$299.95/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity offers no-contract plans that allow you to cancel your service at any time without paying an early termination fee. Many of the company’s plans offer introductory rates or deals, which means the rate you’re quoted may only apply for the first 12 to 24 months of service. After this period, the fee may increase without warning.

Xfinity equipment

You can rent or buy equipment from Xfinity, including routers and modems, to support your internet plans. Xfinity also offers smart home equipment, including security cameras. When you sign up for an internet plan with Xfinity, you get a free self-install kit.

xfi gateway
xFi Gateway

The xFi Gateway is a modem and router in one. You can rent the xFi Gateway for $14 a month.

xfi pods
xFi Pods

xFi Pods are Wi-Fi extenders designed to combat dead spots. These ensure large homes have complete coverage.

xfinity camera
Xfinity Camera

These cameras capture and record live HD video. The camera can detect motion from people, pets and vehicles. Indoor/outdoor usage.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

How fast is Xfinity internet?
Xfinity offers a range of speeds that start at 15 Mbps and go up to 2 Gbps. Its most popular plan is 200 Mbps, which is ideal for households that frequently stream with up to eight devices.
Are Comcast and Xfinity the same thing?
Yes. Comcast owns the Xfinity brand. You may see services referred to as Comcast Xfinity or simply Xfinity, but both names refer to the same service.
What kind of modem does Xfinity use?
Xfinity offers the xFi Gateway, which is a router and modem in one. You can rent it from Xfinity as part of your internet service plan.
Does Xfinity charge equipment fees?
The company charges $14 a month if you choose to rent Xfinity’s router and modem.

Is Xfinity internet good?

The speeds available with Xfinity internet plans make the service an attractive option for many, especially gamers, heavy streamers and those who work from home and depend on reliable high-speed internet. Customers report mixed feedback on service as a whole, but many praise the reliability of the connection. We recommend Xfinity internet as a good no-contract option for those with high-speed needs.

Xfinity Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Internet?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I have never had a problem in service going out and the speed is amazing and in times when I needed customer service they are the greatest. I believe when the service did go out briefly we were notified of circumstances and when to expect service I go on and on saying good things. Price is very reasonable as well and you can get a service tech out pronto if you need one. Also, very reasonable for service call and most of the time no charge. If you move you can do the service one two three yourself to change address.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

XFinity came out with a plan a couple years ago to help low income people be able to afford the internet. I was sure it would be a slowed down version but after several years of escalating fees and costs I bought it. And I am so glad I did! For $9.95 per month I can be on the 'net all day, play my computer games all night and no problems. The one time I had a problem it was handled quickly and efficiently by a tech. It has been great for this senior on a limited income.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

XFinity, previously called Comcast, has its ups and downs. Downsides: can be expensive if you don't push for a discount, the company doesn't sell modems anymore and it's expensive to rent one or to Buy your own, repairmen charge you for calls, $75, even when they say they won't or the problem is XFinity's fault. Upsides: they've gotten better at not having outages or slowdowns caused by too much internet traffic. Better than CenturyLink by miles.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Paying for 100 mbps boost and find often speed is less than expected. Running through the normal reboot of modem/router manually or through their website does not necessarily correct the intermittent speed results. A call to customer service forces you to another reboot before you can get a live agent which is very frustrating. If they can’t solve the issue they schedule a site visit but you get a tier two call later from a difficult to understand agent who again tries to solve the issue. Magically before your site visit issue seems better but after some time the cycle repeats.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I had another internet provider and after bill increases, poor internet speeds and constant loss of connection on both wi-fi and LAN devices it was getting hard to work from home. I had called them and they always blamed me or my modem (which I had purchased through them!). Yet they never even bothered to send anyone out to check (although they "claimed" they did while I wasn't home).

I threw in the towel and decided to try Comcast even though they were just as poorly rated online. Maybe I was just fed up and they caught me at the right time, but Comcast from the start to finish was amazing. They could offer me internet speeds that were faster at a cheaper cost (even with a modem rental!), they offered to come out to my house THAT SAME DAY while I was actually home and make sure everything was actually working and setup was so much easier. I literally switched internet providers in less than 2 hours from my first phone interaction thanks to Comcast and their service while the other provider hadn't even called me back yet from being on hold.

Now I've been cruising the web and haven't had my connection drop once. My remote work video calls have all gone without a hitch where before it was embarrassing how many times my connection would cut out. It used to drop 2 times an hour previously on some days! I'm sure I'll purchase my own modem now that I've determined they are better and for the immediate future at least I'm sticking with Comcast.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

First, I had a package for 1000 mbps internet, which cost 70 dollars, but with tax and the modem and idk what else total to a bit more than 110 dollars. I was ok with that I guess, until my son test the internet and was getting 300 mbps and for upload 20 mbps. Then I review my paperwork and there was another issue where Comcast had a cap of up to 1.2 tb., and that they were going to charge me after every 50gb and that right there got me angry.

My son then showed me his package with Verizon fios for 40 dollars a month, and he showed me the wifi meter and it showed around 300 mbps and for upload also around 300 mbps also. Anyway, I got rid of Xfinity. They are a bunch of thieves looking to take your money every way possible. I have FIOS and my internet is smooth and that's all you really need. I run a company from that internet, two gaming computers from my kids and my wife on the Ipad all day, and we don't have any issues. Xfinity, is taking your money and you don't even know it.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I have Comcast/Xfinity, I moved from Georgia to Delaware. They charged $200 for early termination. When I proved the service in Delaware, they were supposed to credit me $200. I have not received it yet. I expected the $200 to be credited to the new service in Delaware but it has not happened. Nor have I received a check for the credit. I have called numerous times but can not get a straight answer from anyone. The company debited my account incorrectly but will not give me my funds back even after they realized their error.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I'm currently paying $69.95 a month for up to 75 Mbps. As I prepared to move houses, I realized my bill had increased a year ago with no notification or warning. Reaching out to customer service requesting a credit resulted in an explanation that they increased bills to "invest in technology" and that the charge was valid. Furthermore, they now have offers for over 100 mbps at a lower price than I'm paying even at a no contract/not promotional price. Customer service has always been useless, and the corporation is greedy. I've never hated a provider as much as I hate having Xfinity for Internet. If you sign up for an offer (due to lack of other options like myself). Set yourself a yearly reminder to cancel/change your plan.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

At first, set up was easy. Then I moved and subleased my apartment and switched the account to someone else. We were on the phone with an Xfinity employee for at least an hour giving information, etc. The account was never switched over (the other party thought it was) which frustrated both of us. She was never able to see when her bill was due, and it was going against my name. Calling customer service and calmly explaining the details gave us nothing. "The account is in your name, you can cancel if you wish" is the only response I got, no explanation as to why the switch never went through. More importantly for customers, the bill is different every month! I signed a contract to have a deal which is why I switched it over to the other party but the bill goes from $35-$90/month with no explanation! The staff doesn't know what's going on and maybe it's a fault of the training or technology on their end but this provider is a MESS.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I cancelled my account between Dec22 and Dec 24th I took the equipment to the local Comcast store. Jan 02 the normal amount came off of the bank card. So I contacted the billing department and they said they can’t stop it because I didn’t cancel the automatic payment. I asked isn’t the automatic payment attached to the account he said no! He informed me that the total would be refunded and it was refunded however they kept 10 dollars. So after calling 3 times I finally got all my money back. The Automated system is HORRIBLE!

Xfinity Internet Company Information