1.51/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 19, 2018

2296 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

I tried to get Comcast service and was denied, because my EX-HUSBAND owes them money!!! They said that because we have the same last name, I am denied service. What a joke. Good thing I am already a FiOS customer.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Words cannot express how horrible the company and their support are. It took me talking to 4 people to finally get someone who could actually help me. I work from home and rely on internet for my job, and the first person literally spend the whole time trying to upsell me services rather than trying to help me fix my internet which wasn't working, and then when I didn't accept his offers HE LITERALLY LEFT THE CHAT. By the time I got to the third person they were convinced it wasn't their fault and it was my modem’s fault, and said that was the end of the story. Well, $100 and a new awesome modem later, it turns out it wasn't the problem after all.

The fourth person I contacted after all of this somehow was able to pinpoint the problem within a minute. How did it take going through 4 people, one of which forced me to spend money on a new modem, to get to the real issue? I then provided feedback about the experience through their website and the response I got didn't even acknowledge that they had done anything wrong, was basically just "I see you're upset with the situation, that’s not how we want Comcast to be perceived." LOL this company is an absolute joke, and I can't wait to have a different option for internet besides them. I don't care if it costs 10x as much, I'll make it rain on the new company and throw a party to celebrate.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 16, 2018

I signed up for the internet essentials program with Xfinity which offered internet for low-income houses with school-age children for the cost of $9.95 per month. For two years I have paid my bill without issue. Last month I was charged $79 in "extra usage" and over $39.00 this month. I was never told of any new changes in there billing policy and never given the option to opt-out of and extra usage as when I signed up I was told my bill would be $9.95 flat. I called customer service on four separate occasions trying to talk with a manager and after many long waits on hold was told (each time) that a manager would have to call me back and it would take 48 hrs. It has been two weeks since the first call and I have still yet to receive a callback. Xfinity is dishonest and taking advantage of poor people overcharging for internet that is suppose to be $9.95.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Had cable and internet less than 24 hours and experienced internet issues. Called the automated system to resolve but did not fix the issue. Called customer service/tech support. It was resolved by creating a new internet name. When I asked what the issue was, the representative would not provide the information, only that it was fixed. He was very rude, he told me I was causing issues. I responded, I was a paying customer and had a right to know what the issue was and if it was going to continue. I asked for his name and to speak to his supervisor, he gave me a fake name and hung up on me.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I've recently switched to Comcast Xfinity service within the last two weeks. The tech showed up on time, installation went great, and people seem really friendly. I signed up for the X1 Triple play service with TV, Internet and Home security. The contract is two years long with a price of $109. I've yet to pay my first payment but so far everything seems to be functioning properly. Will give 3 stars for now, but will keep my eyes peeled for flaws.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: April 4, 2018

I am having the XFinity Triple Play: Internet 5, basic cable and voice. I have selected a basic cable plan in order to lower the monthly subscription. Even then the monthly bill comes out to be quite high, around $110. I tried online to change the plan but I was not allowed to do so. The Comcast online website only allows to upgrade the services.

While calling the Comcast customer service to help me lower my monthly bill, I have asked them to get me the Internet only plan and to remove the existing Voice and basic cable services. First of all, the customer service was not helpful at all and told me that even with the Internet only plan, my monthly bill would be the same. When I asked them about the Internet only plan advertised online, their response was that it's for a new customer only. Second of all, the advertised plans are not giving the actual figures, the total bill is inflated by about 40% or more, shown as hidden figures under the titles: Broadcast TV fee, Reg. Sport Fee, Univ, Connect fee, equip rental, blast, etc... Finally, I have found the Comcast customer service not at all helpful when you ask for lowering the bill and just confuses you further by repeating the same thing again and again and going in circle!

Original review: April 3, 2018

My roommate was the primary account holder while I've been in charge of billing and every service. We just have his name as the primary for the stupid 1 year promotional deal since our original bill doubled after the year was over. I've paid for Comcast since the creation of this account. My roommate has since moved out of state while I stayed and continued to pay. I've since moved out and so they refunded me the additional amount they took out due to auto pay. They've mailed me a check to his name. I've called to fix this issue and they said they couldn't do anything about it; not even recredit the credit card it came from (which was mine).

The agent I talked to said if he authorizes me as an account user, they can fix it. I called back with him on the line to another agent for him to add me as an authorized user but this person said that didn't change anything. Refund can only be sent to someone other than the primary account user only if they are deceased or no longer using the service (WHICH HE IS NOT) yet they still said there's nothing they can do. Basically, they had no problem taking my money for a year yet they refused to refund it to me after I canceled the service. Unreal. This is by far the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working with. Service is spotty, their call center are always seemingly helpless, and their technicians are rude slackers that chill out in their van in front of your house until they decide to report that they're done with the job. Unfortunately, this is the only service provider in my area so there's nothing else I can do but vent here.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I work from home. I have had countless experiences where my internet went out for a day, but never three days straight. On March 30 at 7:45am when I tried to work, I couldn't access the internet. Called Comcast, they sent a signal and tried saying I needed a new modem and should sign up for their service protection plan in case I incur charges due to it being a problem on my end should they have to come out. I assured them that nothing had happened on my end as I lock up my office every day after I am done and that up until their "outage" my modem router worked fine. I called again after talking my job's IT department who insisted the problem was due to my internet service provider. Finally, a rep told me that they had an outage and it should be resolved within a couple of hours and offered to text me when it was restored.

Hours later, I received a text. I tried logging on, no access still. I called back and the rep said that the outage was still going on and that it was impacting over 300,000 in our area due to something going on in Troutdale. Then he assured me that it would be addressed by 6pm. 6pm came and went, with no internet service. I thought perhaps it was due to needing my modem router being outdated or affected by the outage.

Next day, I called again, as I was trying to make up my missed hours for work. Still, no internet service and told that there was still an outage going on but that it would be addressed later that afternoon and that they could call me when it was fixed. I received the automated call and when I returned home, I still couldn't access the internet... I called Comcast yet again and I explained that I worked from home, didn't have time to play around and asked if they could schedule an appointment since I was still having issues after the outage was restored.

So we set up an appointment for Easter, 04/01/18 for 2 to 4pm despite it being a holiday because after all, I must work. I left my family to meet Comcast at my house from 2 to 4 and despite the notification that we had an appointment scheduled, no one from Comcast ever showed up. I called yet again and the lady told me that I never had an appointment. I said, "Gee, that's funny. How did I get this confirmation of my scheduled appointment?" Then she changed her story. "Oh, we cancelled it because there was still an outage so there was no point in coming with an outage." I said, "Well, you didn't cancel it with me. Is that how Comcast does business?" She apologized and said "I understand your frustration." I said, "I don't believe you do.

I work from home. This is impacting my ability to work and earn a living. And then on top of that, you accuse me basically of lying about an appointment, then you say it was cancelled, and then I waste time on Easter to make sure I am home for this appointment and no one ever calls to cancel it with me and no one bothers to show." Then she schedules another appointment, with the next appointment available on April 5th from 10 to 12pm. Oh how great. Now I can go almost a whole week with no way to work.

Furthermore, when I call to ask for a letter from them to provide to my employer, they flat out refused. And again, try to sell me on a Comcast Business Account. No thanks!!! If my green money isn't valuable to Comcast as a Comcast Residential Account, why would I want to pay more money to Comcast? I wouldn't recommend anyone use Comcast for their needs. The only thing worth noting is that they paid $20 for the no-call no show, only after I told them that they would reimburse me for my wasted time. Sorry to see that they don't offer this to all of their customers, after reading the previous review from another Comcast customer. I guess they pick and choose who they will show decent human respect to and it's obviously not the residential accounts.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Comcast sucks eggs on Easter. We signed up for the 150Mbps service and it's great, when it works. Our service is normal for a couple of hours a day, then it drops down to 8-15Mbps. So slow that almost everything times out. I called many times, and it seems that whatever switching they do at their end sometimes works. For a short while. Eventually they recommend I replace my modem, so I did. No difference. Constant bouncing from 8Mbps to 150. So when I called again on Friday, they said that a technician would come to my house to check everything on Easter Sunday 5-7 PM. I hated to cancel our plans, but we needed to get our service back ASAP, as my wife and I both need it for work. I got about a dozen phone calls and text messages for 2 days reminding me of the appointment. Then on Sunday, they called me at 6:30 to tell me the technician might be a little late. OK, better late than never.

Then they called again at 7, to let me know he will be here around 8. OK, I already wasted the day, but really need it fixed since it still at 8Mbps all day. At 8:30 PM, I called in to Comcast and they said the tech was still working his previous appointment and could we reschedule since he is already over his 12 hours for the day. We were very upset by that statement. How many days do we have to waste because Comcast cannot properly schedule their techs? And the kicker was an offer of $20 for the tech being late. $20 for waiting three and a half hours on Easter for nothing. We asked for a supervisor, and he stated we don't have to pay for service we don't get. Great! How about refunding the money I paid for the last 2 months. "No," he said, "We only have a record of you calling in once last month and once more 3 months ago."

My phone shows multiple calls last month, and the month before. He is adamant that any call I made in would be in their records. In essence, he is calling me and my phone liars. He will not refund any money, because they have no record of all the calls I made. So we will have to waste another day and hope a tech shows up. And hope he fixes the problem. And hope that Comcast will somehow record the calls I make to complain. In the meantime, I'll be using my phone as a hotspot. At least the cell service is reliable!

Original review: April 1, 2018

In Baytown TX, I pay $50.00 for 3MBPS, Comcast cable modem is a shared system the more users the slower the internet. New customers can order up to 150 MBPS for $55.00 a month. This is an unfair monopoly that gouges their existing customers. Cell phone providers are telecommunications providers, why can they have more than one can operates in a city.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I have scheduled 3 times for Xfinity to come, waited all day and they call me saying they can't come and make another appointment. It has been miserable. I have had no TV for 2 weeks. It has been really frustrated to deal with them. They are keep telling me they are coming but never show. If you are moving or just moved be prepared with Xfinity. They are horrible company. Not reliable at all.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I am writing about a situation my husband has had with Comcast. He had a local business and we had sold the building. He had called Comcast to change the service address since his assistant would be home based for a limited time, but we would be paying for the service, they did not tell him that would constitute a "resign" for more terms of service. When my husband finally did retire and sold to his partner he moved his number over to his partner so there would be no interruption in service for their clients and canceled his phone and internet service.

Comcast sent us a bill for discontinuing our service early. To the tune of over $700.00 dollars. My husband has extensively called and tried talking to them to no avail. The clincher is that the number is still in use so Comcast still has the business as my husband gave the partner the business number. BUT because his business partner had already signed her new contract we couldn't pass our contract (which we had never agreed upon extending) over to her. We are hard working people, we have always paid our bills. Now they have sent us to collections. The first time in 69 years of life my husband has ever had a smudge against his financial character. This is simply GREED on their part. Please share this with everyone you know, I am not stopping.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I recently moved and was forced to get rid of Verizon since Comcast has monopolized many parts of the Philadelphia area. I have to get off the WiFi (100 mbs) to send picture or video messages because 99% of he time I get to send an 8 second video, I get a “message failed” error 13 minutes later. It takes 6 minutes to send a picture message, and once off of the WiFi, using my Verizon cell phone data, it takes 6 seconds. This is absolutely unacceptable! You force me to have to this ** service and cannot deliver 100% satisfaction. I don’t even have multiple devices connected to the WiFi. I might as well be paying for the lowest speed internet since my sends seem to fail anyway. Look at my screenshot. Trying to send a 12 second video since 9:08 pm. I get off the WiFi after getting the message failed to send error, and it finally sends at 9:34.

Original review: March 24, 2018

This outfit just sucks! Over the course of three months they raised my basic internet charge from $30.00 per month to $59.99 per month. They told me I could no longer have internet without a basic package including TV channels. I don't want TV channels and I don't want to have to pay for TV channels. I went in and canceled my account and went to AT&T. Shove it where the sun doesn't shine Comcast/Infinity.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Usually, I don't write reviews, but this case crossed all boundaries. In a nutshell, it's hard to believe that a huge company like Xfinity could act this way. I used Xfinity internet services and paid $80/month at the same time when a friend of mine living in the same building using the same services with the same speed paid $60. The service I am talking about is the Internet package to 200/mbps with BlastPro package and no annual contract. But the story not about this. Once I checked my bank account and saw that Xfinity charged me $104 per month. I contacted support, and they said, “Oh you know, you use our services more than 12 months, and the offer was active for 12 months that's why we charge you more now.” Without any notice, without my permission!

I said, "If the offer expired, disconnect me from the service, but who gave you the right to charge me more without my permission." I asked for the reimburse of the overpaid amount. After, the operator said, “Don't worry. I have an excellent offer for you, the same service with the same conditions but for $40/month.” I clarified several times about the speed and contract length and other terms, etc., because the offer was suspiciously good. They sent me a contract with the price $40, I signed. After a month I paid $40 for the service, but on the second month, I saw a bill almost $80/month. I contacted support again, and they said I am a liar, and they couldn't offer me the terms I described. I asked, "Why I had a bill $40 for the first month?" "That's because we gave you credit for $20!!!" That's it. This is how Xfinity ** me for the 1st time, but we agreed on the price $60/month.

After a month, when I made regular monthly payment, the next day they disconnected me from the internet. I contacted them, they said, “Sorry, something went wrong, don't worry I will restart the service for you.” The internet was restarted, and after several days I receive an email, "Please sign an agreement," and the agreement with entirely different terms I had before they disconnected me. The internet speed changed from 200 to 60mbps and with minimum 12 months contract. And this is how Xfinity is trying to ** me for the second time. Now I am chatting again with their support, spending my time and now I save copies of all the conversations, I have with them and recommend you to do the same if you deal with Xfinity. Good luck you Xfinity if this is a way you do your business.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Comcast agreed to install cable at my place, having records that it had been installed there before. The first tech couldn't find the wire so sent out another tech *two weeks later* to install one. The second tech looked for the existing wire for *three hours* before saying he couldn't install a new one without permission from the HOA (why couldn't they have said that in the first place?). The HOA refused an admission letter without a letter from Comcast saying they'd provide a discreet install. I spent another *two weeks* on the phone back and forth with Comcast about providing details of the install before they finally refused to install there at all because they don't like HOAs. Note to everyone with an HOA: COMCAST told me THEY WILL NOT INSTALL AT RESIDENCES WITH HOAs ANYMORE because THEY DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THEM! So everyone with an HOA will now have to pay 3X as much for slower AT&T internet or elsewhere.

Original review: March 19, 2018

On December 14, 2017, I called Comcast to ask them to disconnect service starting from December 19th at my address in Indiana as I was moving to California for professional reasons. I paid off the account and asked the customer representative to close it, which he told me will be done on December 19th. He took my new address with a new order for it. When I came to Monterey, California, they gave me a new package, which I have been using and paying for. Three months later, I realized they did not close my former account and kept charging me for a non existing service. I called them as soon as I realized and the 3rd rude unprofessional customer representative I talked to said he fixed this.

Two days later, the amount they are charging more than doubled instead of going zero. And the worst of it is that they just sent me an email which claimed a completely different and higher amount than what they are claiming on their website, and merged the fictitious service at the address I moved from with the current one. The more frustrating side of the issue is that they kill my time over the phone (It is sooo hard to finally get a human being to talk to. They have those stupid time wasting machines that fool you around) and they end up never solving the problem. Please avoid Comcast as much as you can. I really hate to be treated like this as a responsible customer.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Moving into a new place and wanting to get internet service, I searched the area and noted Comcast was the most prevalent in my area. So I contacted them and was told by a representative named Steve about a deal for $59.99 that included TV with HBO and Blast Internet Service with free installation. Excited about the deal, I agreed. However, the email sent to me stated $64.99. Steve reassured me that I would be getting the $59.99 deal and that my account would be adjusted accordingly. So the installation technician comes out and, as he's performing the installation, I ask him about the deal and he confirms the information he has is for the $59.99 deal. However, when I get my first bill, it is for $64.99 and I was charged an installation fee of $59.99.

First, I contact Comcast via Online Chat. The rep states that there is no deal for $59.99 and he has no documentation of my conversations with Steve, the original rep. Nonetheless, he said he will resolve the situation. Shortly after, I get an email stating I'll receive a credit on my account for the installation fee, but no word on fixing my bundle price. So I contact Comcast again. The rep tells me a supervisor said the deal I was referring to had expired. I exclaim that this was the deal I was offered and that I accepted. After being placed on hold she then says she did find the information regarding my deal and confirms not only that I'd be receiving the credit for the installation charge, but that $5 would also be correct for being provided the incorrect bundle.

However, upon receiving my bill, I was being charged the same price of $64.99 and there was no deduction for the $5 difference in bundle price. They did credit me for the installation charge. So I call again, but am told the deal I am referring to had expired. I again explain my situation. Nothing gets resolved. I call again and speak to a rep named Dave. While he was very sympathetic and understanding, he exclaims I had agreed via email to the $64.99 deal. I acknowledge this but exclaim I was told by the rep I would be getting the $59.99 deal and that he would have it adjusted.

He then says, after lengthy conversation stating his understanding of how I feel I was misled by Comcast, he is going to elevate the issue two supervisory levels (that is to his supervisor and his supervisor's boss), and he confirmed a date and time when I would be contacted regarding possible resolution, AND went over word-for-word the email he was going to send. Also note that he found NO evidence of my initial conversations with Steve, the original rep who offered me the deal although he knew who he was and which office he worked out of, nor any evidence in my conversation with the second rep who confirmed the information and said I would also get the $5 deduction. However, when that time came and passed with no call, I immediately called Comcast again.

When I exclaimed to the rep I was supposed to be contacted by Comcast, he was bewildered and said Comcast does not set appointments to contact customers, and he said there was no evidence or record of Dave, the last rep stating he would elevate the matter two levels and have Comcast get back to me on a resolution. At this point I myself am bewildered not to mention livid. The rep then exclaims that I agreed via email to the $64.99 deal and that the $59.99 deal never existed. After going back and forth, I ask if he could have it elevated to see if they could even just pay me $60 ($5 x 12 months) so I at least get one year's compensation. He said Comcast does not do that especially given I agreed via email to the $64.99 contract. He said I could apply for a different deal and a different price. After I told him I don't even watch TV and would prefer internet only, he still tried to offer me deals with elevated TV service at a higher price.

While our overall discussion was good and civil, I told him that because Comcast would not be able to resolve the situation, I would have to consider canceling my service. I have to say I don't think I have ever come across a company with such piss-poor documentation on call correspondence. What I am also upset about is all the time I spent trying to resolve the situation. While I acknowledge that, in hindsight, I should never have agreed to the other deal via email, I was under the impression from the original rep that he would make the adjustment as he promised (plus I was anxious to get internet service and wanted to push the process along) and I trusted his word as well as Comcast as a company to make right. Finally, while I realize it's $5 a month I was fighting over, this still adds up over time and, I joined because of the $59.99 deal and that is the deal I expected to receive.

Unfortunately Comcast is one of very few TV and internet providers in my area. Nonetheless, my experience, has encouraged me to shop around and perhaps even consider Verizon DSL because, at the end of the day, I do not want to give my business to a company that misleads me, that doesn't have an effective documentation process, and that is unwilling to right a wrong and accommodate a dissatisfied customer.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have spent the last 12 hours trying to get a block taken off an IP address that leads to four of the eight domains/websites that I own. These are innocuous websites, nothing remotely questionable, some of them haven't even been used yet, but for some reason Comcast put a block on them so that I can't access them BUT EVERYONE ELSE CAN! I can see on my web-stats program that people are visiting the sites. But I can't get to them. One rep at Comcast said this was a "known issue" that was under investigation but still no remedy. Have submitted a terminal trace to Comcast Level 2 security and nothing. So I can't access email or the sites. WORST CABLE COMPANY EVER. I have Frontier Internet scheduled next week to install as I don't know what else to do except ditch Comcast.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Had my appointment for today to have my router installed and someone showed up right on time... great!!! The first thing he said was that he was a technician and not an installer... then he said he was going to do it. Then he said he needs to speak to his boss... then he said that his supervisor will send someone else within 45 minutes. I waited for 75 minutes and no one showed up... then I called their customer service and was told that THE INSTALLER HAD REPORTED THAT MY HOUSE WAS MISSING SIDING!!??? I could not believe what I was hearing. Little liar. Abusive and time waster, little irresponsible, incompetent. Will have to wait until tomorrow for another appointment.

Original review: March 11, 2018

So I had just bought Comcast 2 days ago. And not even 1 day in and they had started to throttle my internet meaning I do not get the amount of upload and download speeds that I pay for. They do this at certain times of the day. Plus they had told us that the most we should be getting is 50 down and 10 up. We barely get 5 up and 25 down. All I'm saying is anyone looking for a good, trustworthy internet provider then Comcast is not for you. They are deceiving and they are also a bunch of rip-offs. Please second guess when you think about Comcast as your provider.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I've been calling Xfinity since I moved to my new apartment, my first call was Feb 27th 2018. I work from home, so when I moved my internet was very important for that specific reason, prior to moving I called Xfinity to let them know and I was told by an agent that all I needed to do was plug in my router and I should be good to go and they would transfer my services when I was actively in the home. When I moved I called Xfinity and let them know, they transferred my services but my internet still wasn't online. I called back and got another agent that stated that my modem wasn't online, she then asked did I have a coax cord plugged into my router. I then explained to the women that the last agent I spoke with didn't tell me I needed one and I asked her multiple times did I need to bring the coax cord from my home and was it needed.

After I got past that, I learned that I needed an adapter plate for the coax cord to go into but my apartment didn't supply one, a technical support agent had me on the phone for about 45 minutes trying to send signals to a router that wasn't even online, she then told me she would send an electrician but after 40 minutes of being on the phone and her procrastinating about getting me a signal or a technician if the signal didn't go through the phone hung up. I then called back got another agent he stated, "Hey, you don't need a wall plate to plug the adapter in, all you have to do is get the coax cord from our service center, plug one end into the router and the other end into a television with a splitter", I went out purchased a splitter and a television because I didn't have one yet, tried hooking it up but I didn't understand.

I then called back and got another agent who stated, "Okay you cannot do that without having the coax cord from the lines outside and without you receiving a cable connection", at this point I was frustrated because I've been getting the runaround, no one offered a technician just terrible advice. After I got frustrated, I asked for a supervisor. I explained to the supervisor that I needed a technician because different agents are telling me different things and it's pissing me off, I explained that I didn't have an adapter plate for the coax cord, it's impossible for me to locate it outside and because the last agent told me she will get me a technician and hung up which was 5 days ago they needed to get one out soon to me because one was never sent as possible, they tried to give me far dates so the supervisor stated that he would get me over to a tech agent because they would be able to get one sooner.

I spoke with the tech agent who then stated that he will get me an installer out on a Thursday between 8-9 am in March 8th 2018, on the day the technician was promised, one never showed up. I called and the agent stated that they did not show any appointments for me, I asked for a supervisor but then the agent started to investigate, she apologized and had me on hold, the agent then came back and stated that she could get me a technician out that same day between 1 and 3 pm. Around 1-3pm I called because no technician came and I've been watching out my window for a Comcast truck all day, I also called my job and let them know that I would be working that day because the technician as promised by Xfinity will be out there, I just let them know I would be late, at this point my job had to use my vacation time because I kept missing out!

I also gained points because I could not work and at some point there was a storm so I had no other options! The technician stated that he's been calling and he marked my case as not home, long story short I never got a technician, Xfinity gave me the runaround. I spoke with multiple supervisors who cut me off was very rude and careless, I lost pay from work, got points added and Comcast did not care, they made up lies, blames me for everything that happened, never once sent a technician until I had to explode then when I said they would credit me for the time missed and gave me a $3 Credit! Xfinity is the worse! Their customer service from the agents to the supervisors! I will be emailing the CEO.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I spent at least 2 hrs on the phone with various people, but found out that you cannot downgrade your service with Comcast. If you want to get rid of services that you do not use, you must cancel all services for 90 days... then you can initiate new services at lower level. How crazy is this??? Unfortunately, many have few internet choices, and with Comcast, we are required to bundle them with other products (+taxes, fees, etc) to get reasonable internet deals. Right now, I am paying $223/mo for internet/tv/phone bundle. I rarely use the TV... never use the phone, but pay lots of fees/taxes based on this. There is an option for internet, plus 10 basic channels for $54.99... but I cannot choose this, because I have been a loyal Comcast customer for many years. You are not allowed to downgrade your services. Seriously??? We seriously need more players in this market. It is a scam.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Worst cable co. in the whole country. Customer service is of no help, they are rude and condescending, talk down to you. The updates that they say need to be done EVERYDAY, are worthless, one of the reasons we got rid of AOL, update interruption while you're in the middle of a movie. Setting the time is stupid, I'm up at different times. Thank God we are leaving PA soon and won't have to deal with Comcast much longer. Got to stop the cable monopoly Comcast holds on the state.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Beware of the promotional gift card gimmick upon signing up. I know it serves as a rebate and it's only $100, but I am a man of principle. My wife and I have been trying to track down a $100 Visa Prepaid Gift card that was supposed to arrive within 90 days of joining. That was over a year ago. Customer service can confirm that it should have been sent, but every call eventually leads to being transferred to a mysterious Gift Card Redemption line that has had a 10 minute hold time for months and prompts you to hold (nicely) before hanging up on you. The whole process is a mess and it's astonishing that these things aren't monitored. I'm sure some if not many people do receive the cards but for those that don't, prepare to put in $100 worth of wasted time and energy to get it!

Original review: March 4, 2018

These people are ripoff artists with no integrity whatsoever. Been having problems with the internet since day one. It cuts out constantly. First time I called to try and fix it, the guy rebooted the connection and told me it could be the modem. So I changed my modem and bought a different brand. That didn't work. Then a tech came out and told me it was the cable. He put a new one but we are still having problems. Now I am stuck in a contract with this horrible company. They throttle speeds. What do I pay money for every month. I really loath Xfinity and will be searching for a new, high quality provider as soon as possible. Someone should take them to court and brutally sue them. They shouldn't be in business.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Last week, I switched to Comcast/Xfinity from AT&T because Comcast offered me a better price, but after installation I discovered that I can't access a free movie website that I use several times a week. I am retired on Social Security and can't afford cable, so I depend on Netflix, YouTube, fmovies.io, fflims.org, etc. to stream movies. I am canceling Comcast because they block one of my favorite free movie websites due of some type of legal agreement with Sony.

Original review: March 3, 2018

First the price advertised for the equipment online is varied. Going up at various sellers. Some wanted 200 and that didn't include first month of service. Service was great then at about the 25th day the Amazon firestick would not hold the signal. Troubleshooted nothing worked. Tried a laptop nothing worked until attaching Ethernet cord. So finally tried game console and Smart TV. Nothing would hold the WiFi signal. After 2 days of forced troubleshooting with Comcast over and over they send a tech. All he did was check to see if signal was coming to the box and said it's nothing he can do. (Side note I never have more than 2 devices feeding off the signal at the same time.)

I call Comcast again. They want to keep troubleshooting anything to keep from replacing the equipment. I ask for a supervisor. He tells me to contact ALL of the manufacturers and ask to reset the IP addresses... If they work when connected by Ethernet why would that change anything and why didn't the so called professional technician say that?

I do all this ** call back and demand a replacement. On hold for 30 minutes. Rep comes back saying that they're so backed up they can't set an appointment but someone will call back to confirm. That was Thursday evening around 750 pm. Today is Saturday 216 am. A total time of 5 hours plus waiting for the pointless tech Thursday for 2 hours. This equipment must be a hand me down. I'm going to attempt to call again tomorrow morning. I don't understand why I can't pick up a replacement myself. Don't waste your time and rest on this crap.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Made a mistake to purchase a plan from a visiting rep in a store. All looked good on paper (on his pad), until it was installed. Internet is coming at 1/3 of the promised speed. When I called the customer service they said they did not have a plan/promotion that the rep gave me. Cancelled right away. Stay away from the company, they will lie in your face.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

10 months ago, I agreed to a 24 month commitment with Comcast with a guarantee that my costs would not increase during the 24 month commitment. In less than 2 months, my charges increased by $2+/month. 2 months later, another $3+/month. Now, 10 months later Comcast has increased my charges to an additional $9 per month. Comcast response... "nothing we can do about it". Loathe this company.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs