Comcast Internet Service

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

They are charging me for 75 MBPS and only providing less than 1 MBPS. I have been complaining for 6 months and they start and end work order without sending technicians. Made me take off from work almost 6 times. When I call to cancel service they are saying I have to pay an early termination fee. TOTAL RIP OFF. WORST COMPANY EVER.

I have tried now 5 times to get help with sporadic missing emails. Five calls have resulted in no help at all. I give them a reference number from a previous call, but they just start over and do the same stuff again. The folks who answer the phone have little to no troubleshooting skills and they refuse to pass your call up to a higher level of service... perhaps that is because a higher level of service does not exist. They promise to call back in 2 hours with an answer. No one has EVER called me back. There is NO customer service at all, they have no interest in helping. My next call is going to a request to cancel services. ANY service has to better than Comcast.

I have been deeply disappointed by the moving process. They have initially accommodated my request by setting a suitable date and I was told the arrangement will be sent over by email confirming the whole thing. No email has been received after 3 days. When I called to enquire I was told the installation had been rescheduled for a later date without me knowing. When I tried to negotiate I was told there was no alternative and they could just cancel my order to move my services. When I said I am stopping the services I was told that they would be automatically stopped on the date agreed upon in the arrangement. So there we are, that is the way customers are treated by Comcast. I am switching to another service provider who has accommodated all my requests.

Comcast Xfinity are crooks! I cancelled service because we were NEVER charged the $109 rate we were promised when we switched service from North Port to Venice - when lo and behold - they also put me in a contract without my consent and are now charging me $230 to cancel! Horrible business practices - you can be sure I will be telling EVERYONE how unhappy I am dealing with Comcast Xfinity!

My internet price is different every other month. It started at 39.00 and I'm now at 74.00. The price went up $34 in 2 years and I have the same service. I have to call and waste 30 mins of my time every other month. It's a joke. This company is out of control and needs to be regulated. It's too bad Fios rates are not comparable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

I've recently signed up with Comcast 7 days ago. I "thought" I was getting a good deal, maybe because I was anxious for having internet, or I didn't look for another companies. So far so good. I went to the Comcast Store and signed up for the service. They gave me the modem, router and all that stuff. Too easy to be real. Got home and I plugged in all the devices and made sure everything was ok. (I'm an IT professional so I really checked to see if I did good.) So far so good, called Comcast to send me the signal (the previous tenant at my apartment had Comcast before), so it was going to be everything on a snap.

First call 48 minutes on the line. Nobody found out what was wrong with my stuff. 3 different persons. One did the generic procedures, it didn't work. They transferred me to the "technical department" which is not technical at all. The lady told me to figure it out by myself. -- What? Finally after all that rudeness I asked if I could speak with somebody else. I have a life to live and I don't want to stress myself because of an ISP provider. 3rd representative. Scheduled me a technician for $65 dollars. Like ok. So it's part of the package. You pay some amount of dollars to start the service plus the technician fee (which is funny that somebody had the same service before). Ripped me off.

Scheduled me for today January, 9th. 8-10 time frame. Now it's 10:12 and nobody showed up. I called at 8:40 to see if somebody was on the way. I work 40 hours a week, so I had to be there. The lady said that if I'm not home they can't do service (which is obvious) and said that they will contact the dispatch center to see what's up with the technician. After long wait finally said that they would be 15 minutes at my house. Sweet. After all that stress finally I'll get something fair. 10:14 now. The technician called 30 minutes ago saying that was going to be here 15 minutes ago. Called him to check on him. He said more 10 minutes. I don't know what I do to be honest. Or I send a How to be reliable for dummies book to their CEO or I apply to work there, because to be honest this service is getting closing to the end of my contract with them. (If they allow, you know that closing services fees.)

I have been an on time paying customer of Comcast for about 2 years & then suddenly out of the blue they disconnect me without reason... I call customer service tonight (Sunday) & she can't give me the reason so she tells me to call a sales rep or tech tomorrow. Has anyone here ever experienced this or could provide info as to what's the possible reason for this?

FYI, Sometime before the 2016 Christmas holidays I contacted Comcast/Xfinity about my internet service. Well what it comes down to is the tech support agent recommended a technician come out to address the issue after explaining to him the problem. He sternly said that this is no charge to me, I had him to reassure me of this again cause I couldn't believe there wasn't a charge. He said absolutely no charge. Only to find out a couple weeks later my bill was higher than usual and in it under other charges and credit; a $50 fee + taxes was included.

I called customer service only to be told after some checking there wasn't anything in the notes of the agent who took my call about no service fee. So beware. If there's a next time, while cus/ser is on the line, I will ask them to email any promises they make over to me. By the way the representative I spoke with on the second call appeared to be extremely unhappy with my issue and did offer to cut the fee in half. I'm just very dissatisfied in a representative saying something is of "no charge" and then there is a charge because truly I didn't want to pay for anyone to come out.

I just representative. I could not get my information and therefore I can get into my account which I couldn't get into my account into my old account with them. They charge me extra. CenturyLink let's give you a chance with your customer service.

In December of 2016 I get a call from a Comcast representative. They review the internet package I had and offered me a new package. The new internet package had a higher speed and various TV channels to go with it all for the same price I was paying for my existing package. I agreed to get the new package. When my first bill came in they charged me more than they said they would and the reason is that I was being billed for a different package than agreed upon. I called customer service several times to get this resolved. Each person in customer support said they could not fix the problem. I finally drove to a Comcast outlet in my area to get the problem solved. In the end the person there told me the truth. Comcast will not change the account. Did Comcast ever have any intention of providing the service they said they would?

This is by far the worst company for cable/internet EVER!! I signed up for a 2 year contract and at least 3 times a week had a service interruption. Chats are pointless and calling them is a waste of time. Hours on hold only to get someone (if you're lucky) on the line that doesn't speak english or if you happen to get through you oddly enough get disconnected after waiting an hour on hold. My final straw was when my 4 year old had ordered PPV shows with the push of a button without my knowledge and racked up over $100 in charges on top of my already ridiculous bill I have with them every month. I even have a so-called parental block on the remote.

They refuse to credit me because they say he enjoyed the movies for more than 5 minutes. But on my bill it shows he ordered 3 movies within 3 minutes, so how could he be enjoying 3 movies all at the same time on one TV? It should not even be that easy to order a movie with the push of one button. Years ago you would have to confirm 3-4 different ways before a movie was ordered. But I believe they changed this so they could purposely rack up your bill. They should be put out of business and sadly I can't afford a lawyer to sue the pants off them so I am stuck having to pay $513 for this last and FINAL month's bill. All my equipment was dumped off to them today!!

I have spent 3 weeks' time, countless hours on the phone to resolve my poor internet connection. Every time, I get a different explanation. I set up 2 appointments for visit to my home by a technician and took time off of work and no one showed up to my home. I was told it is possible my modem so I bought new modem and router and have the same issue. All I get from customer service is "we can set up another appointment for you". It's ** service by ** American companies.

So, I contacted the company to set Internet service, and a couple of days later a sales rep contacted me to offer a bundle, to which the agreement changed my connection date that they could not change. When connected, the television service was just the local channels, and was paying $10 more for a service that is already free. Then found out that the speed that I was offered was not being delivered. So paying for services not rendered and for a free service. When I asked for a refund, customer service said they cannot do that because the service was connected and shown in good status. I have had Time Warner Service before, and from over 15 years never had such problems. COMCAST REALLY, REALLY SUCKS. Even speaking with customer service, they have no phone etiquette, or sense of value to the customers.

I expressed to the rep that I was already kind of burnt with; first the delay of 3 or 4 days connection after a change in the connection, second the poor quality of service, and plus being charged for services not rendered, as well as for a free service. Third and last when I expressed that I wanted the service that was offered to me in the beginning for that price, this customer service rep said that was no longer available (first offer was internet service 25mps for $29.99 monthly. After the change with TV was to be $39.99. then for changing the service to just Internet they would charge $64.99, where I had been with the company less than 30 days). Way to go Comcast. Losing customers in less than first billing cycle is over. Just because this website requires a star rating I had to give one, but I would take 5 stars if the option was available. COMCAST REALLY PROVED THEY SUCK. I am sure Verizon too.

Comcast is by far THE WORST CABLE COMPANY I HAVE EVER HAD!!! I've had a ton of people try and warn me about them before I began services with them and I WISH I WOULD HAVE LISTENED!!! I will NEVER, NEVER recommend them to anyone!!! They're rude! They don't know what they're doing and they're super petty!!! I'm getting a fire stick! Forget that...

WORST SERVICE EVER. I've had so many issues with your service after being a customer for less than two months. I was sent the wrong cable box, I've had to call for image clarity, I've had issues with my router. Spoke with a representative, had them send an agent out to my location "for free" and was charged $50 for it. I'm SO IRRITATED.

I was calling a few days ago to customer service, billing department, because they are charged a termination fee. 12/17 I went to the Comcast office in Rockville, Maryland. I talked with a representative to low my bill. He told me I can't. The only way is other person took the cable so my wife decided to take the account. I canceled mine. Now they sent to my home a new bill charged a contract that I never accepted. This people are hungry money they don't care about the customers no like other companies. They are so close of mind. They steal your money. Now I have to pay termination fee and pay of my husband account and my bill of my new account. They don't want to help. I always had contact in the past and always the people doesn't want to help at all. They don't care customer. Better look for another company.

I have spent hours/days trying to resolve what I feel should be a very simple issue. The amount of time and money spent and wasted is ridiculous. I was given a direct line and extension from a manager, who now will not pick up his phone. I do not recommend Xfinity at all.

They aren't knowledge people and don't care about their customer. The only thing they care about is how they can cheat you out of money. I even asked for a supervisor and she was worst than the first person I spoke to. They need a lot of training on how to talk to customers.

My leased WiFi was out of date and Comcast replaced it with a stronger signal device at no additional monthly charge. That was the good news. On the other side of the coin, when I received the new modem I spent an hour of my time and an hour of Comcast customer service time only to be told the modem was faulty and that I could return it to one of their return centers. What? I have a service contract also so I insisted they bring a new one and install it themselves. Of course they want to schedule an appointment in the middle of the afternoon which I could not do so a week and a half later they install a new modem/WiFi unit but left me without the use of my printers which were attached to the modem via ethernet.

The next morning I called and wasted another hour and a half only to be left with no solution. Now I have to wait until they can fit me in on a Saturday. I was told yesterday morning a supervisor would escalate the return service call and that they would call me back in 15 minutes or so. Also they told me it was likely the printer's manufacturer's issues and I needed to call them. Funny they both worked with the other modem/WiFi. They have yet to call me back with an "escalated service call" so I sit here without the use of my printers with no solution except for me to engage the services of an IT expert at my expense. Buyer beware... Good luck with your problem resolutions.

A horrible experience with Comcast. I would never recommend it to anyone. Why? I am student in grad school and really need to have internet. So, I called Comcast to buy internet. After calling with customer service, I asked for the regular internet package. However when I received the box I was not able to have internet and after all those frustrating calls, the customer service person told me that the internet would not work in my apartment, and I had to return the router and whatever I received. So I did it. I did not get even one day internet from Comcast company and guess what, they charged me for a month internet. This is so shameful for a big company like Comcast to make money like that. It is not fair to get charge for the service I never received.

Comcast fees are outrageously high. I mean like a $100 package is billed at $140. Certainly my state taxes aren't 14%. Also, internet gets real slow... Ever since I switch to AT&T my bill is only $90 and the internet is always dependably fast. Note, Comcast has two state class action lawsuits against them for billing errors! Missouri and Washington. Soon all 50 I hope.

Customer service is very poor! Customer service managers aren't any better. Contact their higher and higher management... Still no good. I've cancelled service, disagreed about my billing. They put bill on my credit report. My further complaints went their way! So, I protested around major cities, with my Billboard on front and back. Nearly all companies' managements help their customers. Not this company! I'm happy with AT&T! Financially relieve. And total dependable internet makes me wonder why I chose Comcast in the first place??? There's better businesses than this one. Ethical, helpful, and dependable.

I had problems with Xfinity internet since the week I got it. Instantly having problems with no connection. I spent in excess of 20 HOURS a month in chat and/or on the phone trying to get my net back online. I was told a tech would come out on thanksgiving so I sat home waiting and he never showed. Then after they sent the second tech my net was back off in less than 2 days. I was repeatedly told a supervisor would have it escalated to be fixed and that my bill would be adjusted. After 5 months still not fixed and they wanted to fight me over the adjustment they promised to me twice! So basically I'm paying for a service that doesn't, and hasn't, worked since I got it and they don't have the experience to know how to fix it.

Comcast XFINITY turned to be nightmare for me. It is been 7 month and still don't have proper internet connection at home. The worst internet I ever had. Completely dissatisfied. I am tired of calling customer service almost every day.

I will make this simple (step by step). 12/15/16: Signed-up for the high speed 75 mbs internet plan under the promise of discounted rate and clear communication of NO professional install to be done (saves $50). 12/17: Received equipment in mail. Opened up the box and tried connecting on all coax cable outlets: fail. Called customer service who said I had to have a tech come out (outside only) and would not be charged a fee assuming he did not come into the house. I agreed to an outside install ONLY. Later: After scheduling my tech, I found an email stating I now had the $50 install fee: twice of which I clearly communicated that I would not be responsible for. Later: Called customer service and made sure the $50 would come off. I was told now I had to pay another service charge and I said, "absolutely not: take it off".

Later: I was fed up and after receiving another email confirming further unknown charges, I called and said, "Come get your equipment and cancel me!" They confirmed a 12/29 pick-up date. 12/18: I called since I never received a cancellation email. I was told I would receive one in 5-15 minutes. I did not. I called again and was told I would receive one in 2 hours. I did not. I called again and said I would receive one within 24 hours. 12/19: Still no cancellation email confirmation (at this point my trust was in the negative) so I called and now was told I would receive one when the tech would come to pick up my equipment on 12/29. I demanded an email sooner and was told I would receive it within 24 hours.

12/21: Still no email. I called again. This time, the rep was extremely rude and self-righteous and said everything I have been told was wrong and that the tech wouldn't pick up the equipment and now I would have to go to the UPS store. The rep again said the email would come... yeah right... I doubt it. To date, I know they will be attempting to charge me for something when in fact, they should be CREDITING ME for my 4 hours spent and numerous lies received.

This is hands down the most unethical, tyrannical, grotesque, disorganized (where is their standard work instructions? THAT many reps with all COMPLETELY different messages? HOW?), and vicious company I have ever attempted to be serviced by. It must be the ownership from NBC: the lie capital of the free world. Thanks, Comcast/Xfinity. Now I CLEARLY remember why I canceled your services 6 years ago and went with AT&T: an inferior company who can at least be dealt with honestly, consistently, and fairly! Stay FAR away. Run, Run, RUN. Don't look back! Cheers!

Had internet installation set up for Oct. 12 from 5 pm-7 pm. Two guys not wearing any Comcast uniform showed up on Oct. 12 to "set up" the Internet and they did not do so. Their excuse was that there was no internet signal and they told me to contact Comcast to send a line technician to check for a signal. I called Comcast soon after they left and the line technician arrived within an hour. The line technician had a Comcast uniform and he was very nice.

The line tech checked for a signal and was confused when I told him what the 2 other guys said. The line tech there was more than enough signal to complete the set up of the Internet. Hearing this made me upset because we were charged $50 to have the internet installed and now we had to wait for another scheduled installation which thankfully happened on Oct. 13. I called Comcast soon after the line tech left and I requested the installation fee be waived and the operator said they could not waive the entire $50, but that she would discount $25 for the trouble. I HAVE YET TO SEE THIS DISCOUNT ON A BILL.

What is upsetting is that our services were not installed until technically 10/13/16, but our first bill was due on 11/10/16. Then for the month of December, our bill was due on 12/7/16. The new January bill arrived a few days ago and the bill is due on 01/6/17. So, Comcast is billing me for a full month's worth of services that I am not receiving! What's next, February's bill will be cut short another day and be due 02/5/17? I want this resolved please and at least my $25 discount plus a prorated amount for the days I am being cut short of service.

I have transferred service from Comcast to Verizon and back again several times throughout the years... only this time Comcast refused to cancel my internet and 1 of my 5 lines. They continued to charge me for months even after I contacted them. In the end, they claimed I didn't fill out the proper paperwork to cancel and that it must have been a Verizon error in regards to the un-cancelled line. When I requested to see the contract showing specific cancellation requirements I was refused. They did eventually fess up to the fact that the last line issue was a paperwork issue on their end and that I would see an adjusted bill for that - which still has not happened. I've been making low payments each month and now they are seeking a judgment against me. I will never again... under any circumstance do business with this scam of a company.

I moved 1 mile from old home with Xfinity service to new home hoping to create Xfinity service. I called 1 month in advance and was give an install date for internet, phone and tv. I contracted with a company to install my TV's and sound system and we both waited patiently on Xfinity's 1st promised install date for 4 hours and Xfinity technicians never showed up for the install. I call 4 times for feedback and continued to get customer service response that they are not able to communicate with install and all they can do is escalate. I was given a 2nd install date again no tech showed up then a 3rd date and not tech showed up. At this point my 4 kids have gone 3 weeks at our new home without internet to complete school assignments. At one point prior to my 4th install date, I had a customer service rep. tell me that she did not want to hear any of my story so keep it to myself.

Prior to my 4th install date they canceled it again because of early termination fee. How the hell can you have this fee when you are transferring service one mile away. Finally one month after my original install date my service was turned on. To pour acid on the wound today I called to ask why I am not receiving a bill via the internet as I set up and they proceeded to read off another person's email in which Xfinity is sending my bill and requiring me to pay the late fees and reactivation fees now.

I do not know why Xfinity treats human beings so poorly. My written description cannot even touch the emotion stress that they put on me and my family. We were without internet for school and our emergency land line for a month because Xfinity is so disorganized. To make matters worse, they do not care at all and have customer service reps that talk to you like you are beneath them. I have run 3 businesses for the past 25 years and would be out of business in less than a year if I ran my business like Xfinity. I would run to DirecTV and avoid Xfinity at all cost.

I hate Comcast. The call center and the chat are useless. I have never had so many outages in my life than what I do with them. Also, they charged me twice for a billing cycle for two different amounts and when I'm trying to see the bill details, it won't let me open anything because I don't have a voice security pin - something I've never even heard of. So annoyed and frustrated with them. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

I had to speak to 4 reps before finally having service installed at my home due to some sort of address issue (about 2 months of being told I would be called back when the issue was resolved - 3 reps, no call backs). I was finally happy/optimistic with the last rep (who actually called me back) until I found out a few weeks later he misrepresented (or blatantly lied) about the package he sold me - higher prices/lower speeds/no contracts/no service plan. Having my account straightened a few weeks after installation took 2 hours and 15 minutes - one phone call/one rep and not ending with the services or plans I was sold.

I gave 2 stars because the last contact I had via chat with tech support (yesterday) was satisfactory, so I will try to remain hopeful that the worst is behind me but at this point, I can't stand Comcast/Xfinity. The reason for the tech call in the first place is still an issue with me. I wish Century Link could provide more than 6 mbps, though the 25 mbps with Comcast isn't much better - I was sold 200 mbps and misquoted about $70/month. Century Link treated me very well for 12 years.

Show cannot be searched. Icons representing shows do not allow the names of the shows to be easily read. There is no fast easy way to get to an alphabetical listing of shows. When you do find it, typing in the first letter of a show does not necessarily give you all shows beginning with that list. Moreover that listing cannot be efficiently searched if you are just browsing. Clearly the designers of this output did not test this with your average viewer.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.
  • Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.
  • 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.
  • Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.
  • Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.
  • Best for Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Compare Internet Service Providers