Comcast Internet Service

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been having connectivity problems with my modem/wireless internet for over 6 months. Today, my life was made so much easier by a very knowledgeable associate at Xfinity. Timothy was patient with my complaint (remember there is 6 months of annoyance built up) and not only fixed my problem but educated me on which frequency to connect to - and why.

My account number is **. Me and my family have been scam by Comcast 3yrs ago. Comcast has now damage our credit by not fulfilling the 12 month contract we signed up for. After we provide them proof of our payment, contract and recording conversation of all our payment. They disagreed, would not provide an interpreter, lied and hung the phone on us. NOW once again we prepared ourselves before my wife signed a contract. We recorded conversations and screen shot of every single chat with live agent. NOW once again the same problem is now occurring.

We now have been receiving a bill for 29.99 instead of 19.99 for last 3months (we have 2months left for our 12months contract to pay 19.99). We contact customer service several times about problem, no response only response is "Please leave a message and will get back within 3 days business days." To no avail no phone call back. Don't ever get Xfinity for your home.

Again on a Friday my cable and internet went out. After the runaround with four language barrier individuals I got no resolve on my issues and of course have to wait days for a technician. I don't know if the problem originated from them burying a line but of course I am the one inconvenienced. "I understand that you are frustrated". This is like the old Comcast that lost signals in the 90s. I guess we are back to the same scenario. Customer service is poor at best especially when you request an English speaking representative with no results and find yourself screaming which is unbecoming. I will be cancelling this service and not deal with these continued issues. Also, do you think I will hear from them regarding my negative comments. NO, it's all about the money.

I recently switched my phone/internet service to Comcast. Several months later I learned that only one jack was activated. The jack attached to my ADT security system has not been active since I changed service. I was unaware and my home has been unprotected for months. I called to have the jack activated, and was told there would be a $60 charge. They refused to waive the charge although I told them I was never advised that only one jack would be activated.

I will never ever ever go back to Xfinity! I paid for only internet but when I moved in February 2017 I wanted to cancel my services. I called in March to cancel, the rep said she would put in a request to close my account. Ever since March I have called 3 times to cancel my services each time the rep said it would be taken care of. I'm still getting billed and my payments are still being taken out of my account as of August 7th, 2017. They will tell you to ignore the bill, that the account will be closed and a refund check will be issued but takes up to 12 weeks to process. It does not take nearly 6 months for an account to cancel! This company does nothing but take hard working people's money! Never will I recommend their services to anyone. I've read reviews online of multiple other people who have had the same situation happen as me, don't give this scam of a company your business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

How sad is it that a company takes advantage, lies, scams and does nothing to make their customers happy. They charge you for channels and things didn't want or know you had. They send you equipment that don't work and they send someone who doesn't know what they are doing to install it. They send someone to get the equipment if you late on a bill without and warning but they will say "Oh we sent this" or "We sent that". Lying scamming company. Shame on you!!!

Comcast/Xfinity give you credit for outages and other charges and then turn around and take their money back monthly afterwards by adding $3, $4, $5, or $6 here and there, when they can't explain to you where those extra charges are coming from. They also over charge you for package deals that are suppose to be cheaper and also will not allow you to get discounts that you are qualified for.

When we were getting ready to move, we called the Comcast number to get this going. The call went to a third party that gave us incorrect information. This lead to our service being cancelled and getting billed for breaking the 2-year contract early ($1200.00!). Setting up new service in our new home was a nightmare. After 12 hours on the phone it was finally straightened out but the customer service was terrible. Not that we expected a callback, but three reps said they would make it their job to fix the issues and would call back. Ha! What a joke. Old saying - if you expect nothing you will never be disappointed. Comcast claims to make moving easy - it was anything but easy; incorrect information, terrible customer service and many wasted hours on the phone with incompetent service reps. If you can get TV and DSL elsewhere, do it.

I signed up 2 years ago on 08/08/2015 and yes of course was locked into a 2 year contract. The 30 day money back guarantee is a joke, they do not stand behind the guarantee. When I signed up I was promised a price lock for the 2 years on a contract and was given a complete description of the bundle over the phone with the representative when I agreed to sign up. I was told I would receive an email confirming the agreement and contract. However the email I received was not the same information that was told to me over the phone. While on the phone with the representative I wrote down all the information that was given to me regarding the bundle I signed up for.

Of course I tried to call that representative back but you never get the same person when you call back and the person who answers the phone will not try to get you over to that person, so you are stuck trying to explain everything to the new representative who promises to fix the issue. They gladly give you their name but names do not matter because no one is held accountable for the errors made or the promises to fix the errors.

I signed up on 08/08/2015 and tried for several weeks to get these issues resolved but with no success. For the next couple of weeks I was unable to take care of matters because of a family member that tragically passed away and I had to travel to Idaho to take care of family matters. Upon returning I tried again to get issues resolved and finally reached an executive in the company who issued a credit to us and got the issue resolved and everything was good for about 3 months and then it all started all over again from there. Every 2 months I was receiving a bill for more and more and more. It started out that I would be paying $119.00 per month for 2 years which included a home security monitoring system for the additional per month or my package would of only been $109.00 per month.

I tried to understand the first couple months of billing as they were telling me that there was a pro-ration, then they were saying that there is a separate charge for everything on top of the $119.00. Even though my package bundle stated it included HD services they were still billing me $10.00 per month for HD services. I called and called and called, they would promise to fix the bill which would last 1 to 2 months then it would start all over again. Everytime I would call it would waste over an hour of my time with promises of resolve, yet nothing would ever get fixed.

My home security system worked for about 2 months then it would stop working, techs would come out to fix it but fix would only last about a week, so those service calls ended up being a complete waste of time, they never could get it to work, but I was locked into a contract for 2 years even if it didn't work. My bill went from a promised 2 year price of $119.00 per month to $171.00 per month. They said I would pay a penalty to break my contract but they didn't have to stick to their end of the contract, they could raise their prices anytime they wanted to.

Well my contract is up On August 8, 2017, I received my new bill on July 31, 2017 showing the new price would be $207.23 per month and bill was for period 08/08/2017 to 09/07/2017. I called to have my services cancelled and turned off on 08/07/2017 at midnight because I had already paid through 08/07/2017. I received a call from the home security company showing that my monitor had been disconnected, out of courtesy, I called them back to let them know I cancelled my entire Xfinity account effective midnight 08/07/2017. They informed me that there was another error. It had been scheduled for 08/12/2017.

I called back Xfinity and spent over 2 hours on the phone with them to get the disconnect date corrected. I know sooner hung up with them and they disconnected me right that moment. I called them back again because I was entitled to my cable through 08/07/2017, as I had already paid through that date. They refused to turn it back on until midnight without a reconnect fee. It was their error not following my instructions for disconnect time and date, not mine. I will also be filing a complaint with Better Business Bureau as no one should ever be treated this way or companies not standing behind their prices and or contracts. This review is true and all names and dates have been documented for verification.

We have had problems with pixelation on our TV off and on for at least a year. We have had slow internet for at least 3 years now. I have had several technicians come to the house, new cable boxes and new modems. I had an appointment today set for 4 - 6. I was told they were going to put in a new cable from the post to the house and they were going to bring a new modem.

The technician came to the house 4 hours early without calling first. Good thing we were home. It started with him blocking our neighbor's driveway. We asked him to move. He said "That's ok, I won't be here that long." We told him that he was early and from that point things just got worse. We told him that we were supposed to get a new cable from post to house and a new modem. NO on both. He stated that we didn't need a new cable. We needed a amp added to our cable in the house. This was going to help our TV signal. I asked him again about the cable and he said no.

I called customer service. I told them what was going on and I told the tech that I was talking to customer service. He said he didn't care who I was talking to. I even put him on the phone with customer service. He finally did put a new cable from the pole to the house. He moved my furniture around on his own without asking. The worst is he moved the carpet from under a very heavy cabinet. (No cables are back there) and didn't put it back. I had to do it on my own.

So now we get to the internet. I told him that I had gone to Xfinity Speed Check, and got low numbers. He said that he never uses the Xfinity test. He uses some other app. Anyways. He powered down, reset the modem. Checked his speed check app and said it was good. While he was here I showed him how slow it was. It even logged out because it took so long to download. Didn't do anything else. As he was leaving he said "Do you still want a new modem?" I said "Yes." He said he would have to go get one. That was 2 1/2 hours ago.

I called back customer service and explained what happened. They said they couldn't do anything because the ticket was still open. They however would reboot the modem. I told them never mind. This had been done so many times. BTW. My bill is $227 a month. We pay extra for sports channel, Recording box and higher speed. Every time you call you get yessed to death but nothing changes.

We're a small business - just 2 people. Back in June, we were moving to a larger warehouse. We had CenturyLink - one of THE WORST telecom companies in the country. I wanted to dump them. Overpriced, bad service, incompetent, etc. The new location was in a section of the city that had not been updated. I had assumed that I'd have a choice for service, but that wasn't the case. Turns out that I had only 2 choices: CenturyLink or Comcast. Crap and Crappier. I decided to go with Comcast since they were cheaper.

Getting these clowns in to install was a disaster! They wasted time with 'inspection, to see if they can provide service' at our office. I told them the place next door to me uses them. They still wasted a week for inspections. Scheduling a time for install was equally disastrous - 2 weeks out! NOW - the install tech is here. He's telling me that all he can do is 'turn on' the internet. Since we don't have wireless computers, I'll have to hire someone to come in with about 100 ft. of co-ax cable and hook our 2 desktops up! This is ridiculous! I have to pay those idiots at Comcast for install, and *now* I have to pay someone else to finish it?! COMCAST SUCKS!

I got Xfinity X1 4-5 months ago. Although it has some weak points vs. the old system (like the inability to expand very narrow movies), in general X1 is a HUGE improvement over the old system. BUT... it has one annoying characteristic: It slows your ability to open websites on your computer. Some attempts even result in a perpetually turning circle (my browser is Chrome)/never connects. Other times if you interrupt the turning circle by hitting the stop icon, then immediately hit the reload icon, it connects to the site immediately. Go figure. A tech rep was here yesterday to try to figure out why this was happening. He admitted that X1 involves some kind of filter that keeps the signal to the DVR from interfering with other DVRs in the area, and that filter may also sometimes mistake a request to connect to a site with an unwanted intrusion.

The filter is also apparently responsible for some strange email behavior. If I put any email address with an aol.com domain in it in the Bcc: box, it bounces: "Permanent error". If I put the address in the To: box, it goes out, no problem. But some days, aol.com addresses in the Bcc: box go out fine; but most days, "Permanent error". I thought maybe I should try using Comcast mail, but it has a list of problems that would make this review way too long.

Don't know why Comcast is hiring representatives from India. Maybe it gonna cheap to hire Indian people. They always provide name as like alex, john, justin. I am pretty much sure they not gonna have a name like that. I tried to take a comcast service. I did contact them 4, 5 times in 3 days but didn't get the good response. 1st I got the confirmation number. After 3 days they rejected my service. I wasted my 3 days to get the service from comcast. When I call customer service I feel like they are doing exercise and talking with me, taking a long breath. Don't know and told me to call different no. Comcast service suck and hire the people for cheap and they don't know what they are doing.

I sometimes play online games. Comcast has the most unstable internet. I called them many times. Every time I call they run some stuff and the speed and connection is good, after a few hours it goes back to the same terrible internet. I canceled my subscription today. Don't ever get Xfinity for your home.

I pay way too much a month for my internet and cable not to work all the time. I go to school online so I need to be able to access my classes. They have to send a technician out every 2 weeks to work on it. I would recommend getting another service provider.

I called in on a billing matter, and was offered a new rate of 49.99/month for the same service that I had. I had the Blast internet, with download speeds of 75Mbps. I agreed to the new rate, for the SAME service. When I checked my account, I discovered that I had been downgraded to 10 Mbps. I called to have the problem fixed, however they refused to honor the rate I had agreed to. They offered me a higher rate, which I declined. I was told that they would review my previous call, and call me within 48 hours, but I did not receive a call.

I called back today, and was told that promotion is no longer available and they cannot honor it. It was available when I agreed to it, and someone at their company made a mistake. I am only asking for them to honor the rate that I agreed to. I was told again today that someone will call me back within 48 hours. If they do not call me back and make this right, I will be leaving Comcast after being a customer for 10 years. How can a company stay in business while treating their loyal customers this way?

Call placed to Comcast regarding password reset to gain access to Comcast account. Seven people and over two hours later still unresolved. Unable to grant access to my personal account due to not having a home phone but my husband whose name is not on the account added HBO and did not have the account number which is required to make changes. The last supervisor on the phone was very rude and certainly does not appreciate Comcast customers. One out of seven agents tried to assist with no results. Very disappointed in the poor service rude phone personalities I encountered. I am no longer a loyal customer.

I signed up for the X1 Triple Play bundle. The sales guy at Comcast told me it included the Internet HSD Blast Pro plan which has 200 Mbps download speeds. When the service was activated, I was not getting 200 Mbps download speeds, only 100 Mbps, so I called Comcast to send out a technician. The technician told me I was not enrolled in the faster Blast Pro plan, but the slower Performance Pro plan. When he called customer service to get the code to activate the 200 Mbps speed, we were told I would have to pay an additional $30 a month to get the 200 Mbps speeds, even though that's what I was promised when I signed up for the bundle. Comcast lies about the plans when you bundle - BEWARE!!!

I've only lived in my new location since April 2017. So far, Xfinity has been the biggest headache of my relocation. The service is down quite often. The company sends these $5.99 coupons to apologize or they take $1.50 off your bill each time (if you call). But, what you really want is to enjoy your home television viewing experience and be able to count on having Internet service when you turn on your computer. I often work from home and this poor unreliable service has been costly for me. Today, the service has been out all day. It's 9:30 pm now and we can only watch 1 channel. When we call the recorded message on the service line says they expect the service to be operable at 1:15 am. Another lost day! And night. This happens too often. I sometimes wish Amazon would move into the internet/cable business. It seems anything THEY do, it's with excellence including super customer service.

I was very happy in getting our internet at first. The service was great. However, I stay up very late. However, the internet stops working after 11:00 PCT. It also doesn't start back up before 8:00 PCT. No parental controls were made. They even charged me extra for the local TV. I didn't want it. I had a NVidia Shield TV. I asked them why they charged me this extra 60 bucks. They said you need to have it in this area. It is the law. I was like WHAT? Just think. If this happened to me, then it would happen to others too. They can make thousands of dollars from scamming people. So please make sure you trust your installer or just don't use this provider. ** you Comcast.

About a month ago, we started to have problems with our service (intermittent drops and extremely slow speeds). Changed out an end-of-life (EOL) modem rented from Comcast and got a new gateway that replaced both the Ubee modem and our Cisco e2500 router. Had that for over a week and still had problems with drops and negligible speed. Reset the gateway countless times and the problem was never resolved. Bought a Zoom 5345 modem and installed. Called Comcast to update the root with the Mac address and they said the mac address was already existing. Got a new Zoom 5345 from the manufacturer. That one updated fine. Continued to have problems with drops and slow speeds.

Bought a Tenda AC1200 router and set up. The problems still persist. 2 technicians have been to the home and although we are not sure, "software upgrades" was a term that was used. We wonder if the software upgrades are throttling service to force upgrades in service. We have had Magic Jack (since 2008) for years without crackling with our Comcast internet service that is not as long and suddenly every device in our house is getting drops. We've actually had more devices connected to our wifi last year than we do today without any issues and today we have dual band adapters to take advantage of the 5 GHz band. Something is up with Comcast.

Our third technician visit is scheduled for Monday and we are not holding our breath. Public wifi, overloaded nodes are the issue. It's infrastructure and it's not keeping up, in fact we believe that the public wifi is the major cause of the problem. Who wants to connect to a public wifi when they are at home? This is a major throttling effort. Be warned. Comcast, should be the steadiest service out there. It's worse than satellite and on par with smoke signals.

We use our account for everything. The other night - I noticed all of my emails from July 17 back were gone. Just disappeared. I thought maybe it was having trouble loading, and waited till morning to check. Even logged on elsewhere. Gone. So I called. Was told to download their email app. That produced the same results - my email was gone. I was told it would take some more time. Never got a call back. Two day later I called. Problem on their end - they couldn't get into any accounts. Called the next day (today). Was told there is no way they can restore the emails. They are asking me to remember the emails that are gone. Really - can you remember all of the emails you get in a inbox? Thank God we don't do online billing. I'm not sure what I can do or if there is a better email provider. But I will look.

I purchased a new home where Comcast Xfinity is the only provider of Internet services. I've had the service for a month and a half and of that time I've actively had internet for 7 days. Every day begins the same. No services or spotty at best. Forget calling customer service as they only want to send a signal to restart your modem. One day they actually restarted my modem 56 times. My modem and equipment is fine, it's the service that is the problem. I took my equipment to my other home where a different provider supplies services and everything worked great. Comcast sent out a technician who pulled into my driveway and pinged my modem then knocked on my door stating "Your internet is fixed." He didn't check the exterior lines. He told me there was no need to as I currently was showing signal. Wouldn't you know it? The second he left my internet was again out.

I call and complain daily only to be met with the same tired old story of "Have you restarted your modem?" Then followed up with "Let's do that now." Following the script they're provided they then say "I'll need to schedule a technician to come to your home; there will be a service fee for the call". Those service calls are always set off at least 3-4 days because they've got so many other calls on their schedule already. I believe that Comcast makes as much money from service calls as it does providing bogus internet services. You'd be better off burning your money in a fireplace to cook with than purchasing internet services from them as both are useless.

Recently moved from Missouri. I have ordered my internet service for installation on the 8th. I wanted to have my service as soon I move in since I work in IT area and my toddler watches cartoons online. Installer did not show up that day. I had to beg for getting service - Call center located overseas. They did not help. Installer came 5 days later. I have ordered internet which cost $39.99 + Tax + Equipment rental $10.00 per month. After receiving my bill, I had to pay over $100.00 for installation charge and OTHER FEES.

They don't tell you what other FEES are! 2nd billing cycle, I have noticed they are charging me $49.99 per month. I asked WHY? They said sorry and "adjusting the bill and we will give you a better package where you will pay $29.99". Even cheaper! I was happy. Good customer service. Actually it was SCAM and sales technique just like WELLS FARGO did! I don't need and asked for TV service. Never asked for it. I called Xfinity/COMCAST on 07/12/2017. The guy was telling me that I have TV so they are charging now $60 plus others... I said TV streaming supposed to be free service and I never asked for additional service. There is a $7.00 charge for TV. WHY? The guy said it is for local TV provider. They charge Comcast and Comcast charge customers!! SCAM!! I don't need it, I don't watch local TV.

COMCAST forcing customer to pay for local TV but WHY? Why do I have to pay? Comcast need to fix this issue. I just need $39.99 Internet service. That's ALL. DOLLAR AMOUNT ADDS UP. Imagine they are doing this to 100s of customer!! Charging extra money and many of us don't even understand the bill. Customer service are not clear about the charges. Who is doing this? Upper management? Solve this else I will take you to court and I am serious about it.

A replacement supervisor or maybe Second in command, with an Napoleon attitude named Robert, Need to learn what is customer service. I went to the store today to add a name on the acc. He sent me back home to get POA (Power of attorney) of my wife. When I came back with it, he asked me to bring all Cable boxes and the Internet box, then he'll be able to do the change. I told him "that's not what you said in the first place"? This is another continuation to the poor services we all experienced with Comcast or their fancy name's XFINITY. This is why we need competitions in our neighborhoods.

USE ANOTHER COMPANY! COMCAST CANNOT HANDLE ITS NEW TECHNOLOGY! BILLING AND RECORDS SYSTEMS ARE AWFUL! I want the $60 service charges removed from my bills! (Received notice of credit, but was not reflected on bill balance). I want to be able to see my bills or get one mailed to the correct address! I want my billing address corrected! I want the service I ordered installed completed! I want my bill to reflect my actual disconnect and installation days! I want my bills to reflect the actual equipment at each location!

Since 1992 I have had service in one my current homes provided by same company, with many different names which have morphed into the name of COMCAST. Soon it seems to become XFINITY. Through the years, one thing has been apparent, there is very little concern to provide contact with "customer service" that is anything remotely a pleasant experience for the "paying customer". Must be in quiet area or voice recognition will send you into "NEVER, NEVER LAND". It takes me almost three minutes to get a service person on the line, they apologize, assure me that they are different & my issues are still unresolved. When I call again, I have to start all over again because the notes from the previous call are not there or are not complete and they act as if it were my fault.

I have a long list of ideas for improvement but it seems that the only thing COMCAST will eventually understand is the MASS exodus of THEIR customers which, based on ALL of my recent contacts, will happen soon. Some form of this entity has been bankrupted before and larger companies have failed! My internet service is critical. I am disabled supplementing my income with occasional jobs from home. I have been without this income for over a month! For the last two months, because of service issues CAUSED BY OTHER UTILITIES, my internet service has been basically non-existent. Over eleven (11) hours, yes hours I have spent on the phone with your "customer service". There are at least 3-4 more hours not listed! Many of my issues are still unresolved.

I have a life and spending this much time with COMCAST is unacceptable especially since I do not see an end in sight! I have another account for my parents which was to be moved and that service is STILL incomplete! Billing information is incorrect and I was assured this was corrected! I cannot see the bill because of this issue also!!! I have requested a paper bill to no avail!

We were given a promotional offer for internet service, but were never told the period through which the promo/discounted internet rates would last. One day, without our consent they removed the offer and we were being charged without any discount, and the monthly rates shot up. This is a big scam company, making people join their internet services, but duping them with fraudulent charges without their consent. I called them to have this issue addressed. But, I was informed that the charges cannot be reverted and to have reduced monthly rates, I will have to cancel some services and internet speed will be reduced from 200 Mbps to 55 Mbps.

They make us have their services at discounted rates and all of a sudden charge you with amounts that were never revealed when signing the contract. When mentioned that I can sue the company for fraudulent charges, they said that I can do whatever I like and they don't care about this and that they are aware of this issue which has been reported by many other customers. They are shameless people who have one of the worst customer satisfaction, and don't care until they keep on fooling their customers off their pockets.

Today is July 8th. I have been contacting Comcast Xfinity since June 28th concerning my home Wi-Fi going out. I have called 8 times total spending an hour or more on service call with no resolution and 1 in home service call where technician just stated, he "COULDN'T FIX IT" with no alternative action for me to follow up. Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE! At this very moment my phone is on speaker and I was put on hold 15 minutes ago for a supervisor and no one has come back! I would NEVER RECOMMEND COMCAST FOR ANY SERVICE. The staff is INCOMPETENT and very HARD to communicate with.

I am giving 0 stars. If you have any other choice... go with that. Do not go with Xfinity/Comcast! I have been a Comcast customer for over 10 years... not by choice. I recently bought a new home... but it took 4 months for me to live in it. I work at home and highspeed internet is a Must! When I started to disconnect from rental to new home, Comcast rep told me I would have service by end of March 2017. End of March came and went. I started calling every service that was available in this area... which was only satellite... not good. I was desperate, so I tried Hughesnet... That was a disaster. Slow even for minimal use.

I called Comcast at end of March and was told 2 more weeks for service... By this time I had moved in with my parents in a city 3 hours away... to be able to work (renting office space would have been very costly). The time would come... and go... and another 2 weeks...

I ended up talking to about 6 Comcast reps to no avail. They stopped answering my calls. Finally I googled Comcast complaints and saw a number to contact corporate... which I did. I was assigned a corporate customer service rep... he was getting info from the useless reps that stopped answering my calls... This issue was supposedly at the "escalation " level... Righhht... I was then told 2 more weeks... which came and... went... then was told "no idea when" and was explained to me how the "process of getting new service works and the problems with it." Ok. This just pissed me off more.. because... number 1... not my problem!

My husband was very proactive at this point as we were closing in on 4 months of living separate and being inconvenienced. He talked to a tech who worked for a company that comcast contracted this particular part of job too... This tech explained what Needed to be done and Why there was a hold up... Not only were we a new subdivision BUT, we were being upgraded to the newest, latest and greatest... only one other city in the state had been upgraded... AND that they had Spare parts!!! The very part that had been ordered for our area and was used for a different area... Due to them having " more clout" So, with that information in hand I tell my corporate rep... which he just ignored...

So I then email Ceo of comcast after filing complaint with FCC, telling him about my issue and the FCC complaint and the extra part. I received email back from executive office of national customer services... Shortly after that.... Gee... I never saw so many So determined to get the job done. 4 months after I initiated this I had service... and for my inconvenience, stress and money spent... what did comcast Do for me??? Oh... we will waive the installation fee.... Wow!!! I proceeded to tell the corporate rep that was ridiculous!! This is all my trouble was worth!!! That a company of this size couldn't do better! That had the FIRST Comcast rep or even the 2nd, 3rd rep would have Told my What was Really going on and that it would take 4 mos... all my stress and near heart attack moments from said stress Could Have been avoided....

Corporate rep says he's going to talk to his supervisor (Right... most likely just taking a drink and pretending to talk to someone) comes back to phone to say that they would waive the installation fee and first month bill. And the asks if this ok... ummm... not much choice as my stress level already through the roof from all this. Comcast says they "Strive to Excel " in customer service... HA!!! They Failed on all Levels!!! So if you have other choices for internet... take it!!! ALSO, BEWARE, they plan to UPGRADE every COMCAST customer... if it took 4 mos of lies for me... who knows how long it will take for you!

The quality of the internet service is satisfactory, though the speeds they advertise are extremely misleading. My plan is advertised at 75 Mbps bandwidth, but in real world use such as downloading large files I average about 8 Mbps and have never seen it exceed 12 Mbps. Pray you never need to contact their customer service, it is the worst of any company I have ever experienced. Their customer service representatives are very slow and incompetent in nearly all aspects of their job. When you move your service to a new address, Comcast makes you a new account and closes your old one. Of course they don't tell you this.

Normally this wouldn't be much of an issue except when I moved instead of creating one new account they duplicated my account, creating two new accounts. But they only sent me billing statements for one of the accounts. It wasn't until months later when I got a call from a Collections Agency for the bill of the second account they created in error, that I learned of its existence. I promptly called Comcast. The first rep, whom you could tell English was his second language, had no idea what I was talking about when I informed him about this additional Comcast account that they had created in my name when I moved.

After about half an hour he transferred me to another rep in the "movers" department who at first thought I was mistaken in claiming there was a billing error. After I repeatedly explained the situation to him and he finally realized that the Comcast rep who moved my service messed up and made a duplicate of my account when I moved. He assured me that I was not responsible for the bill the collections agency had called me about that and that the error was on their end. He told that I would be credited by his supervisor for the balanced on the second account and that it would be closed, further assuring me he would completely resolved the issue.

Well he was wrong. About a month later I get another bill charging me for unreturned equipment on that second account they created in error in addition to a previous balance. The equipment they were charging me for was still in use on my actual account. As Comcast mistakenly duplicated my one account when I moved to a new apartment, they also duplicated the equipment on my original account. So not only were they charging me twice for the same service, they now were charging me for equipment they never gave me. Upon calling the rep and explaining the situation several times to them, they eventually understood the mistake they had made and once again assured me that it was an error on their part and that I was not responsible for any of the charges. That was yesterday, so I have yet to see if what the rep told me will hold true.

Comcast is lucky they are the only high speed internet provider available at my current address otherwise I would have left them for one of their competitors because of this experience. Unless they demonstrate significant improvement in their customer service I will change to one of their competitors as soon as their service is available at my location. Additionally after I moved to my new apartment I called in to have my service activated at the new address, the first rep could not figure out why they couldn't activate my service frustrated after being on the phone with them for over an hour I asked to speak their supervisor who was finally able to determine that my apartment wasn't patched into Comcast's network.

Over a two week period they sent two different technicians to my apartment, neither of whom could get my internet working. So I took matters into my own hands, after talking to my apartment managers I was able to gain access to the communications closet at my apartment and patched my room into Comcast's network myself and activated my service over the internet. Accomplishing by myself in 20 minutes what hours of waiting around on two Comcast technicians couldn't. Granted I have an IT background so I was somewhat familiar with comms closets. Maybe I've just had bad luck, but all of the Comcast customer service agents and service technicians I've had contact with have demonstrated moderate to severe incompetence. And for this reason I would purchasing their service if possible.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.
  • Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.
  • 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.
  • Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.
  • Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.
  • Best for Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Compare Internet Service Providers