Comcast Internet Service

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was a Comcast customer for 40 years. The equipment was installed and remained at the same address in Hollywood, Florida. The billing address is in Brooklyn, New York and that has remained the same. My family and I are “snowbirds”. Recently I had to extend my “seasonal hold” to include the full 9 months allowed because of surgery. Apparently, it was not extended. But I had no way of know this because Comcast began sending bills to Hollywood, Fla. I could have questioned the incorrect charges had I received an invoice. Because of the Comcast mistake, eventually all services were disconnected, even those provided and paid for through my association. Comcast sent my account out to collection and included penalties for not returning the equipment on an account I never knew was cancelled.

I was notified by a collection agency while in New York but Comcast had two different account numbers for me so I was unable to access the information. This was in November. When I arrived in December I was told the only way to restore the internet immediately was to put through a full payment. Within 5 days I would get credit for the false charges less the seasonal fee which I owed. I was told my association account for cable and Comcast account for internet had to be separated out by a specialist which would only be approved if I made full payment. These were the words of the billing office who assured me by providing a ticket number of the incident. I wasn’t told the situation had to go before (the incompetent) Resolution Specialists in South Florida or I would never had made a payment. I was confident that a corporation such as yours was giving me valid information.

Five days later, no credit and another ticket issued. I’m still fighting this. South Florida specialists accused me of lying about the seasonal, lying about the error made in my mailing address (they didn’t even check the records), said no one could give me a credit card refund and argued that seasonal was never allowed for 9 months. Supervisors I spoke with all had different versions of Comcast rules; many didn’t have a clue and when asked to return the call I reached recordings and full mailboxes. This happened 9 times. I called Corporate PA who referred it back to Florida who repeated the same thing. They are not even aware that I returned all equipment 2 months ago.

I am a handicapped 70 year old and more importantly a customer for 40 years. I was disrespected and disbelieved because I have no proof that I extended seasonal so I must be lying. My 20 year history shows I am in Hollywood maybe 1 month out of 18. Had I been in Florida as I originally planned I would have been without TV and internet until December. This makes no sense. Even when I call before arriving, as instructed, my seasonal is still on and my internet service isn’t put back for 24-48 hours. This time I had a medical emergency and I needed access. That is the only reason I gave my credit card number. The representative also said if a refund couldn’t be given on my American Express, would I accept a check.

I agreed and asked that the mailing address be returned to the original in New York or I would never get the check. That was done and when the supervisor looked at my account he said I was not being truthful as my billing address was still New York. I am not trying to usurp your company, but I am asking for respect and a full investigation into my claim. Although I most certainly would value a refund more than a corporation with your earnings I wouldn’t have exhausted all this time, energy and resources if it wasn’t important that the truth be told. I feel so unfairly victimized. So I ask you, after you reach that corporate bottom line is there any room left for corporate responsibility?

We experienced the usual nightmares with Comcast while using their bundled services for cable and Internet. We switched to FiOS several years ago (who we love) and terminated our contract with Comcast. At the time of termination, we paid our final bill and turned in all equipment. We were paid in full and clear of all further obligations. Now, years later, we've received a notice from Southwest Credit collecting on behalf of Comcast for $564.63. We don't owe this and have never received a bill from Comcast. I'm sure this is just another one of their business practices, to try to extort money from people. Comcast is the worst company I've ever used. I cannot for the life of me understand how they're still in business.

My internet service is always reliable. I rarely ever had a problem with it being unreliable and if I did, it was resolved in a timely manner. The speed is fast for the most part. Every now and then it would run slower than usual but it was still able to get the job done which is the main goal. I would recommend this to a friend. The installation was also quick and done in a timely manner. An employee was able to come out to my residence within a day or two at most. Their customer service is great. If I ever had an issue I was always able to speak to an actual person.

I am very happy with my service. My internet has always worked and I have never had any speed or reliability issues since I have been a Comcast customer. Web pages connect quickly and smoothly, disconnecting and reconnecting are not an issue. The technician that installed was great and explained everything perfectly. He did his job well and did not leave a mess behind. I have never had an issue with my lines. However, when I have had to reach out to customer service, it is a pain. They are not located usually in the United States and they do not know anything about our cable system.

The internet service is okay but the Customer Service is the worst. It was awful. They can't help you and transfer you to all these different departments, and usually speak broken English. Never know what's going on with your account. They never update your info or fix the things they say. They offer you things but never apply it to your account.

The person that installed was nice and informed but we were supposed to have a special and they charged us full price, then claimed it wasn't offered in our area but we have a confirmation email saying we do have it. The internet speed is pretty quick. Overall the service is good but if you have any problem, good luck with trying to fix it. They will charge someone to come fix most likely.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

They are always reliable and super fast 24 hours a day. I don't think we have experience downtime so far. I can have multiple machine on downloading videos and there is no issue on doing that. I can always rely on the speed of the internet to get things done. The installation was also super easy. The people at Xfinity know what they are doing and does a good job at it. The only downside is the modem. You either have to buy off Xfinity or rent it every month. But the customer service is always helpful when I contact them. I can always either call or email and get a fast response. Overall, they do a good job providing support to their customer.

Comcast has very great service. It always has a strong signal and the speed is great. I never had a problem with it even when the weather is bad. If you don't have money on time they are cool enough to gave a grace period to pay it. That's very reliable of a service provider. But they did a sucky job at installing everything. It's just everywhere so I would do it myself next time. Comcast needs better people to do installation. The customer service reps are very rude so I would rather talk to a automated service than deal with them who are supposed to be nice and respectful.

I usually don't have a problem with this service. It works well. When we do have a problem, we call and they can usually fix it in no time. Installation is good. My husband hooked up all the modem all the while talking to a technician. Installation many years ago was quick and easy. The guy who came was professional and super helpful. Customer service is great. We called a while ago to ask why our bill is always so high. After asking us some simple questions, our bill was lowered to a reasonable amount which was great. I never had a problem with the speed. We can watch clips on our tablets with no problem as well as downloading contents onto our devices.

I've had Comcast for a few months and my internet service is very reliable and the speed is excellent. I can watch my shows without them ever stopping to buffer. I like binge watching shows every so often and I've never had any loading issues or complaints about my internet speed. It was a painless and easy installation. The person that installed the cable seemed very competent and knew what he was doing. He was in and out and came when he was supposed to be here. I have had no problems with billing, too. Everyone seems like they know what they are doing and very knowledgeable.

The speed is adequate for what we use it for. They have better options available, but we really mostly just surf the web and sometimes stream Netflix or play Minecraft, and it's adequate for that 90% of the time. Occasionally the internet is slow or has issues, but this is usually fixed by resetting the router. Installation was fast and easy. We didn't even have to have someone come out to the house, just plugged everything in and the people over the phone talked me through it. It was quick and painless and worked right away. Customer service has always been polite and helpful. For some reason they have had my name spelled wrong on the bill for like a year and I've given up trying to fix it, but that's a pretty pointless issue and they've always solved any other issue right away.

We signed up for basic, but the installer hooked up full package with no extra charge. The installer was friendly, helpful, professional, knowledgeable and was very accurate estimating his arrival time. Customer service is great. They have quick reply time and signup, offered discounts on new desktop with service and did not turn off service due to late payments. However, the signal does not always reach other side of large house and cuts in and out at times but it handles multiple devices easily. Also, the internet speed gets backed up when too many devices are used simultaneously with Netflix. Would like to see stronger signal but other than that, it's a great deal.

When we first had our services installed it was quick and easy. The only thing I wish was different is the waiting period to begin services. But Comcast has been a decent internet provider for my family and we have had very little problems with the Wi-fi and we have experienced decent customer service. Even when our service has gone out it has quickly been resolved. I have had great customer service. For example tonight I had an issue with our cable and I called Comcast and it was fixed very quickly. When we have had issues with our box or internet or even our bill they have been courteous in going over it. Also, our internet speed is quicker than our phones. I love the wi-fi connection and I love that it works almost always.

The speed and connection were rarely an issue. We were very satisfied with bandwidth, ease of access and ease of use. We have hopped around from service provider to service provider. There were few, if any, other competitors that could rank up with its speed. The prices, though, became too spend your for what was offered through the service. But what better kind of installation than simply unpacking and plugging in? If not only that, representatives were accessible and on site within a reasonable time to install for us. In addition, the customer service representatives were only a phone call away. The majority of the time, they knew exactly what the fixes were and helped solve problems swiftly.

The internet is always working very efficiently and is always fast. All of my family can be on it and it still keeps its fast speed. Also, there are rarely any difficulties. It has a decent range, could be better. I am very happy with this. It was pretty easy to get installed in our house. We had to move it once, but that was because the signal didn't do well through many walls. They were very kind and helpful when installing it. In addition, everyone at customer service is very friendly. They always do their best to help as quickly and efficiently as possible. All issues have been resolved and there is no issues that have been prolonged.

The internet service works fast and I can watch movies online, download music and stream movies. It's good for me and my family and we can do whatever we want to do. It's fast for the money I pay for it. It's good for those who likes gaming and streams movies especially if there are more people in the house using Internet same time. Also, customer service is always helpful, knows how to satisfy the customer, and are quick in solving problems, and I don't have to wait long for connecting with customer service. I'm overall happy and satisfied with how it works and will recommend people to use it.

Installation wasn't great and it was about what you'd expect but the tech who was coming to install was running late and wasn't the nicest person. He didn't communicate very well what he needed from me. It wasn't a bad experience, but it just could have been better. But with the internet itself, I always felt that my it would work, I never had to worry that it would run slow or stop working or cut out unexpectedly. Streaming also went really well with it. I never had to worry about Internet speed and I could always rely on it to run quickly. I could have multiple windows open, stream video, and have multiple devices using the Internet and it never ran slowly. Also, customer service was always super helpful. Whether by phone or by email, they always got back to me promptly if I ever had a question or concern. And when I was considering switching, they worked with me to create a better contract that would be affordable and for my needs.

XFINITY claims to be the best but they are ** and truly I'm offended because this dusty ** boy was here for 4 hours 3 weeks ago telling me this is so much better AT&T and telling my son he is gonna have strong Wi-Fi in his room only for this ** to be slow asf = to not working and worse than AT&T. I am throwing my router and cable boxes in the ** garbage this was so rude!!!

The internet from this provider is very quick and reliable. It does sometimes freeze up or randomly turn off. It sometimes becomes very slow, and it sometimes stops working completely, causing my computer to crash while attempting to reload the websites. But other than that it is a very good service. The installation was quick and easy, and the process of installation was also quick. It may also depend on whether or not the client has a router already set up, but overall the service starts working almost immediately. Sometimes the employees are a little stubborn when it comes to certain issues, and sometimes when in communication with them because of an extra fee that isn't supposed to be there, they insist that there is nothing to complain about.

Comcast internet service is mostly reliable. The internet speed is usually good for multiple devices, as well as streaming. Sometimes it slows down, and the router needs to be restarted, but mainly it is fast enough. Signal strength in back of apartment is not very strong. I wish the signal strength was better. Fairly easy to install the router and connect it through the cable wire. I was provided a cable splitter so the cable box and router could both be connected. Customer Service is friendly and mostly helpful, except the biggest issue, which is negotiating with them about package prices. These are too expensive, and so is modem lease. Not happy how inflexible they are now. Customer loyalty doesn't give very good deals any longer.

I had an easy installation process because they worked to find a time that was convenient for me so I would not have to alter my schedule in any way just to be there for the process of installing my internet service. I like that their customer service can be there around the clock to help solve any problems that may arise within my account at any time be it day or night. I also like that my internet service is reliable and that they are there to have my back when there is no weather issue that causes the internet to go down and they walk me through getting it back up again. But it rarely goes down and we rarely have connection problems compared to people with different internet service providers who continually have problems establishing an internet connection.

Comcast tends to have good download speeds and is great for online gaming, plus streaming music and video. Their service rarely gets bogged down by multiple devices at once. I've never had any issues with speed besides during regular maintenance hours, early in the morning. Their installation is quick, if not totally painless. The service technicians can be a bit gruff, but they are good about getting everything done and not leaving a mess. Their customer service department is often rude and unsupportive. If I can get an issue fixed without calling them, I will. Thankfully, most issues can be fixed after searching them online.

We are subscribed to the Boost package and it is great. It allows us to have access to both types of internet connections that are commonly used on most devices. We can upload and download with ease. We watch movies via streaming services all the time with no problems. The internet service has been reliable with only 2 outages in 5 years. Able to run multiple devices at the same time on wifi with no issues. Much better service than the competitors for the money. They do not constantly increase the costs like the competitors do. Their costs are pretty steady over time, and we have had very little change in our bill in the past 5 years.

The installation was easy and came with great instructions. The difficulty was that we had an issue in the wiring on the outside of our building that a technician had to come out to find and repair. Once that was done, we had no other issues with the service. But Customer service is where Comcast stinks. Calling the 1-800# is like calling hell. However, they have recently made changes and you can now directly contact the local office for assistance which is much better. The local office agents are wonderful and helpful. I keep the local technical assistance and customer service numbers saved in my phone in case I need help.

There have only been a handful of times when my internet service went out or was slowed down. Anytime I'm using my internet service with Xfinity, I'm very pleased with both the speed and reliability of their internet. I live in a remote rural area, and although I gave Xfinity my correct address, their professional installers were a day late with installing my service, because my address does not show up on GPS. So in reality, it wasn't their fault. Anytime I've ever needed to contact Xfinity's customer service department, I've always been connected with a friendly, knowledgeable staff member, and my problem has always been resolved in one phone call. The speed of Xfinity's internet service is incredible, and I'm extremely content and satisfied with their internet service as a whole.

It took two weeks to do the installation but it was worth the wait, time and money. They are fast and make sure you are satisfied by the time that they leave. Customer service was wonderful, respectful and was on top of your problem or issue. I would recommend Comcast to anyone who would want fast and reliable cable and internet.

The internet speed is super excellent and it offers many different package options. However, I wish the speed was a little faster for all the things that I use it. Overall it works ok but not where it be better for all my daily tasks need. Prompt service was my key decision to choose this company. Very quick installation and no issues setting it up. Staff was very knowledgeable about what he was doing, was quick, and in and out. I am very super proud of this company. Customer service was great. They were very helpful and answered any and all questions/concerns that I had for them.

The installation is a little meh. It really could have been better. The cords were a little wonky that I had to fix it myself. Not a total good thing. Besides the obviously subpar installation, the customer service was pretty good. They are lucky that they hired such good people for their customer service. Also, I would pretty much say that I am happy with the reliability of my internet service. I specifically say this because it rarely lags and it not drop my info. Though the reliability is good, but the speed is satisfactory. It really could have been faster and much more than what is given. Maybe increasing the speed by more that 30 Mbps? That should be good.

Coming from another provider I chose to go with Xfinity for faster service due to lagging on my old service. The technician was prompt, the internet was fast but they failed to tell me about a data cap of 1tb. My family all work or go to school, Comcast told me we hit our cap in 3 weeks which I find to be impossible. I talked to 5 people from Comcast who told me there had to be something wrong with my internet because less than one percent of all Comcast users use that much. Three told me basically to suck it up and pay the extra 50 dollars each month, NO WAY! The department that is just for internet usage said there is nothing they can do and won't investigate and I had to figure it out on my own. PLEASE! Your measuring service is faulty and you expect me to find it on my own? What am I paying you for! So I canceled before the 30 day trial period ended.

Next I was told I would receive a full refund. Month one received a bill with a 12.32 credit. Called, talked to someone named Rick. Said no problem, would fix it and I would receive a check in the mail for what I paid. Month two received a bill in the mail for more than I was due to be refunded. Called someone named Tim who said Rick did the wrong thing and would fix it for me. We will see what happens now going on month three still no check??? I do have to say Rick and Tim were courteous and trying to be helpful but confined by the system. The internet department were the rudest people of all who did not want to help me, I am sorry I did not catch the name. I don't know what is up with Comcast but I swear in my lifetime I would rather have no internet/tv than ever use their service again.

The installation was quick and easy to install and they were good at being on time for installation services. But my internet's upload speeds are horrible. It sometimes takes an hour or two to upload a 3-5 minute video. Their service has quite a few days with outages but the download is decent depending on the package. When using a lot of devices you have to spend a whole lot to get reliable speeds. The weather seems to affect them and the router needs to be reset often. The dual modems don't seem to hold up well. It definitely seems like the equipment is not as reliable as some other's equipment. In addition, their customer service is a hit or miss. Sometimes you get someone who really understand and tries to help, other times not so much. Sometimes, it can have long waits and the automated system to get to CS is not that great.

My service worked excellent and it rarely needed service. Also, the menu was easy to operate. My installation was great. The servicemen were on time for the appointment and they cleaned up after themselves. The service was installed quickly and efficiently. This was an added cost which increased my 1st bill a lot more than I anticipated. My speed was excellent and I never had a problem with speed. There was a lot less buffering than I experience with my current service but it is a lot more affordable. Vs the cost, I'm comfortable with the buffering now and then. On the other hand, the service was just more than I was expecting to pay and kept going up. Mostly the cost made me change service. In addition, my customer service experience was not as good as the service, to say the least. There a few areas the company could work in to improve the overall customer experience. CSR were sometimes short, and not helpful.

The installation went smoothly and the installer was courteous and spent a lot of time doing things right and then took extra time to explain everything. The speed of the service is great when it's available and I always have plenty of data left at a very high speed when I can use it. However, it tends to go out during bad weather. Also, I hate that its connected along with the cable. It's way too expensive and the service is terrible and has never been reliable, lots of outages with no compensation for time lost. I would never use the company again.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.
  • Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.
  • 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.
  • Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.
  • Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.
  • Best for Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Compare Internet Service Providers