Comcast Internet Service
2.69/5
Based on 1,024 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Comcast Internet Service

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

2751 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 26, 2019

Thank you so much for recommending the xFi Pods! I am in a three floor townhouse where wifi is needed in all spaces. Although I have the blast fastest internet from Comcast, our computer connections were lagging. With xFi Pods, plugging in pods on each floor, easy set-up, and now the connection is super fast. THANK YOU!!!

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have had Comcast before and wasn't very pleased with it. However my new husband has had it for several years and since he pays the bills this is what he has chosen to have. We have our land line hooked up to it too. The only thing I don't like is when Comcast is working on something or something is busted, you are never notified by even a robo call. Comcast's wifi works much better than it use to. So far so good. I had CenturyLink before and they were pretty good. Not really the overall best either. Bill kept going up and up without notice. I had a traveling notary business and sometimes they just didn't take care of me.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Modem burned out. MICHAEL that works in the business Comcast department help us out. He understood that we are a business and needed to have someone out to us fast and he got someone out to us same day! 1-2 hours! GREAT SERVICE!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I had a prior experience with Comcast in which I called to cancel a one-year internet service contract shortly before the end of the 12th month, and demanded termination at the end of month 12, such that I would owe Comcast nothing and Comcast would owe me nothing. Comcast, however, did not cancel until the first day of the 13th month and then claimed that I owed a service fee for another full month of service, for a total of 13 months.

I was determined to prevent Comcast from engaging in such dishonest conduct again. This time, I canceled on the last day of the 12th month. Comcast, however, then sent me a bill demanding payment of a $10 “early termination” fee. A Comcast employee has told me that, according to Comcast, the contract could not properly be canceled until the first day of the 13th month of service. As noted, the last time they chose to cancel on that date they claimed that termination was late and I was liable for an additional month of service.

It is readily apparent from the above facts that Comcast has employed a scheme to defraud consumers who cancel service at the end of a one-year service agreement by charging a bogus fee consisting of either (1) a service fee for a 13th month of service (if Comcast chooses to terminate the first day of a 13th month of service) or (2) an early termination fee (if Comcast terminates service on the last day of the 12 month service period). In other words, Comcast has devised a scheme under which there is no date that a consumer can cancel service at the end of a one-year agreement that Comcast will not claim to be either one day late or one day early, for which Comcast will attempt to impose an additional charge. That, at least, has been my experience. Such conduct constitutes nothing short of fraud.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

My internet always drops. Multiple times a day and always on the most inconvenient of times. Customer support is a joke. This is literally the only review I have ever wrote on anything. I would steer clear of this service - way too expensive for cable and internet for it to be consistently dropping.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

My last bill was reported to collection and I want to pay it so it can be taken off. The bill the collection agency has is 100 dollars more than it should have been because Comcast never took care of the equipment return. I even have a receipt as proof I returned the equipment. Collection informed me that I have to contact Comcast so they can inform them of the updated charge. I contacted Comcast only for them to say we can't access account after giving them full name and address. I get policies but I have a completely different driver's license, new payment card, and since I moved to another state have no access to a previous bill to see account number. Despite all these issues I figured Comcast would at least figure out a way in order to help better assist me since essentially they failed to adjust the price in the first place.

All I wanted to do was pay the collection agency but Comcast has proven they are not willing to work with the customer to resolve issues. Even the customer service agent although he did ask superior. He states, "No need to worry. Comcast will eventually adjust it." I have zero confidence in Comcast making the correction because I turned in that equipment months ago and again I still have the receipt as proof. Even asking for the receipt number you would think would be sufficient. Despite Comcast/Infinity being used many times over the years, I'll never again get Comcast again because I am now going to be forced to pay an additional 100 dollars despite having proof that I returned equipment just to get this off my credit report.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I am a customer of both the business and residential services. Recently, I tried to cancel my internet service, retaining just the cable tv and phone service for my business. I have unlimited data on my mobile phone plan, rendering cable internet a redundant expense. Comcast put me through a ridiculous retention grilling. When the rep finally agreed to terminate the unnecessary and unwanted service, cutting my bill nearly in half, she gleefully reported that I would be charged nearly $700 in early contract termination fees, despite the fact that I would remain a customer. The property I rent for my business has gone up for sale. The sign out front hurts business, and I am struggling to stay afloat until I can figure out where to go next. I am told by Comcast that I will be responsible for 75% of the full contract, even if I go out of business. I will never use their business services again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

After reviewing my father's account, I realized he had been getting charged for an SD TV box that he didn't have. I called Xfinity customer service and was told by the rep that he could create a ticket that would be reviewed by the tech department who would track the serial number of the box to verify its connection or lack thereof. When I called back to follow up, the next rep told me that the first rep had given me bad information and… there were “no” notes in the file regarding this issue. Hmmm? Customer service? 1 star for answering the phone. Value? 1 star for the privilege of donating to their coffers.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

This is a joke! It's almost a month back and forth. They keep saying they're sending an application that never arrives. Did that 3 times. Then after calling they said they would send an email twice that never arrives. I then drove 7 miles to the Comcast office to see what's going on and they can't even help me because it's another department. I don't believe This is a real program to help lower income people. I'm throwing in the towel and reporting it to the Better Business Bureau and I may even cancel my basic cable service. This entire issue started almost a month now.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Worst service I have ever had. The equipment was fine, the internet connection was okay. That customer service is disgusting. Had 2 employees hang up on me in the past 2 years of having Xfinity/Comcast. NO questions ever answered, LOTS of holding time (up to 30min/1 hour+).

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs