2.58/5
Based on 1,035 ratings submitted in the last year

Comcast Internet Service Reviews

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Xfinity is garbage. Complete trash. I opened an account in October. It is November 21 and I have not used a Gb because a technician has failed to come to my home twice! I’ve had a customer service rep hang up in my face and a technician lie like he called me to let me know he would be late. I live in Buckhead, Atlanta. ** provider with ** customer service. Run, crawl, waddle, roll...whatever you have to do...get far away from Xfinity. Go to att. Rub 2 sticks together and see if that gives you an internet connection. Each is way more reliable than the trash known as Comcast.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

They did have good service, a few hiccups but nothing major. Speed was almost always good and was great. I am moving houses though and have a two week gap while moving from my old place to my new place, and after talking with 5 different people today, having to re-explain what I was doing... Moving, they all verified old address new address and dates and what is going on then said I needed to talk to someone else in which I'd have to start over in explaining everything and ended the call being informed I couldn't transfer my service. Because of the two week gap I had to pay an early cancellation fee and now have to deal with returning equipment instead of just transferring service. I can't remember the last time I was so annoyed after getting off the phone with customer service. Comcast customer service is truly the example of everything that is wrong with dealing with call centers.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Don't believe the price this company tells you, if you can understand the broken English the sales representatives have. No such thing as locking in the rate. If you go past the contract term, Comcast internet services jack up the price. It's very dishonest, of course they never tell you upfront that large added fees will apply after the term. We own businesses, paid originally around $140 for two businesses. In a couple years Comcast managed to jack the price up for both businesses up to $700 a month!!!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I work for telecom company myself and I'm dealing with Comcast pretty much all day long every day. The company is sucks, and their reps are competently careless. The way they handling customers' accounts is just a mess. Account managers also very bad, if this is you LEC, try to avoid this company, they really dont care what they installing for you and how happy you with their service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Recently, I moved to Yorkville, Illinois, and the Xfinity Comcast internet service has been unreliable. Over the past three weeks, I have called Comcast technical support at different times, only to be greeted by an automated recording informing me that "an internet outage has been reported in your area" and that "a Comcast technician is working quickly to resolve the issue." Sometimes, the anticipated resolution time frame is "as soon as possible"; other times, it's as late as 10 p.m. the same day. I work from home two days a week, and this sporadic service is patently unacceptable. When I work from home, I actually work; I have deadlines to meet. I cannot wait for MetroNet fiber internet service to become available in my area; I will switch immediately, and if Comcast tries to penalize me for breaking my contract, I will do what is legally necessary to sever my relationship with them.

To those who question the negative reviews on this page: It's good to know that your experience(s) have been positive. Nevertheless, please don't pass judgment on those who have not had such a positive experience. (Whatever happened to critical thinking? Just because your experience has been favorable doesn’t invalidate someone else’s unfavorable experience.)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

They consistently raised the price of my bill until it was double what I originally signed up for. I received a credit to my account and was told that once I ended my services, the leftover credit would be refunded back to my bank account. Well, they have made every attempt not to refund my credit back to my bank account including adding in bogus fees/charges. This is the most dishonest company I've ever dealt with and I will never be using them again!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

The TV shows pauses and freezes throughout shows. I hate, hate Comcast TV and Internet services. I work from home and participate in work related conference calls and the internet drops my calls consistently. Comcast is also too expensive with tons of hidden fees. I can’t wait until a they are held accountable, hence, a class action lawsuit.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

We ordered new TV and Internet service for our new home on 8th October 2019. With the appointment fixed for the technician to come on 20th October. As we moved from our old place on 18th October 2019. The technician comes and tells there is no cable coming into the new home. Okay the technician booked another appointment with the cable laying team to make the cable laid out to the new home. (So in the retail place they can't see if the cable is laid to the home or not with the address.. If they have known that info the appointment for cable laying could have been done first and not waited for technician to come and say that.. No concept of efficiency or value of customer time and service.)

The main cable on the road is popping out of our plot. So they just need to get it pulled and connected to the home box. It gets more better later me getting a call that the cable layout team will come and map out to lay the cable. Please don't remove the flags. So how do I know the status of the cable laying? I will just get an email. I cannot speak to anyone if I see any issue. Their standard timeline is 14 business days.

I get an email on 31st October 2019 as specified that the cable has been laid out and order complete. But I didn't see anything coming into the home.. It was same as before except for some additional flags on the plot. Still I went ahead and booked the next appointment on 8th November 2019. Again as expected the technician comes and tells the cable has not been brought to my house. So what was the email mean specifying the order was completed. No one can say in the retail service at the store.. They just sell you the service.

The cable laying and service setup is different department and they have no way to escalate or complain or provide customer support or satisfaction. Customer is just a body. Business will come anyway as there is no one to ask. Even better they cut off internet at my old place before I can hand over the equipment or ask to cut the service, so now I have to wait for the idiots to do something. It's a month and nothing done. Very frustrating ???? and poorest service.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

After more than 25 years and thousands of dollars I could not be more disgusted with the reckless attitude of Comcast/Xfinity. The most recent fiasco I had to tolerate which once again cost me unnecessary losses simply because of extremely poor customer service and technicians who refuse to listen to the customer. Comcast is monopolizing services in my area and a Dish is the only alternative which is not a suitable option. I emailed the corporate office as I have in the past and each time it's a different person with a hollow apology for gross incompetence. The packages and monthly charges are extreme and complicated. I see very little regulation of Comcast by our FCC, FTC, and other useless government agencies that are supposed to ensure that companies like Comcast are closely regulated.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Do not get Comcast or Xfinity. They are crooks. They have numerous hidden fees and overcharge you for internet service. I was very displeased with the service, customer service was terrible when I had a problem and they will not work with you if there is a dispute about your bill.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs