Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.67/5
Based on 1,770 ratings submitted in the last year

Comcast Internet Service has Flex 4K streaming and hotspot services. Find the right speed of service for your home by answering a few simple questions to have Comcast match you with the right plan. Comcast Internet Service also has advanced security features that block online threats to connected devices through its free Gateway service.

BOTTOM LINE

Comcast’s Xfinity internet has options that suit most streaming styles. Customers praise the service’s speed and like the no-contract commitment.

PROS

• Frequent deals
  • No-contract options
  • Reliable speed

CONS

• Service can be pricey

Top Xfinity Internet Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Internet?

Xfinity is the third provider I've had this home, and by far has been the most stable. Especially with me having a teenaged gamer in the house. I also love the ability to be just about anywhere and connect to their hotspot service.

I have been with Comcast for now for four years. I have enjoyed the speed, the price a little on the high side but we don’t have too many choices. Before I used Comcast I [had] another company and you’ll have a problem like every six months but so far and had no problem Comcast.

Comcast Xfinity internet plans

Xfinity internet plans are organized by speed, ranging from 15 Mbps, ideal for one to two devices and light streaming, to 2,000 Mbps, which is good for whole-home connectivity and multiplayer gaming. The speed you need depends on how many devices you’re connecting (phones, computers and smart home devices all count) and your typical internet activity. For most individuals and small families, 100 to 200 Mbps is sufficient.

Xfinity availability

Xfinity provides services in select states. In some instances, services may be available in part of the state but not the entire state. Contact Xfinity to see if service is available in your area.

Xfinity is available in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity internet prices

The price of Xfinity varies depending on the streaming speed you need. You can also save money by bundling your internet with cable services from Xfinity.

Speed# of devicesGood forStarting cost
    15 Mbps1 - 2Music downloads, light streaming$49.95/mo
    100 MbpsUp to 5Music downloads, light streaming$77.95/mo
    200 MbpsUp to 8Multiple device streaming$39.99/mo
    300 MbpsUp to 11HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$59.99/mo
    600 Mbps12+HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$69.99/mo
    1000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$79.99/mo
    2000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$299.95/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity offers no-contract plans that allow you to cancel your service at any time without paying an early termination fee. Many of the company’s plans offer introductory rates or deals, which means the rate you’re quoted may only apply for the first 12 to 24 months of service. After this period, the fee may increase without warning.

Xfinity equipment

You can rent or buy equipment from Xfinity, including routers and modems, to support your internet plans. Xfinity also offers smart home equipment, including security cameras. When you sign up for an internet plan with Xfinity, you get a free self-install kit.

xfi gateway
    xFi Gateway

The xFi Gateway is a modem and router in one. You can rent the xFi Gateway for $14 a month.

xfi pods
    xFi Pods

xFi Pods are Wi-Fi extenders designed to combat dead spots. These ensure large homes have complete coverage.

xfinity camera
    Xfinity Camera

These cameras capture and record live HD video. The camera can detect motion from people, pets and vehicles. Indoor/outdoor usage.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

How fast is Xfinity internet?
    Xfinity offers a range of speeds that start at 15 Mbps and go up to 2 Gbps. Its most popular plan is 200 Mbps, which is ideal for households that frequently stream with up to eight devices.
    Are Comcast and Xfinity the same thing?
    Yes. Comcast owns the Xfinity brand. You may see services referred to as Comcast Xfinity or simply Xfinity, but both names refer to the same service.
    What kind of modem does Xfinity use?
    Xfinity offers the xFi Gateway, which is a router and modem in one. You can rent it from Xfinity as part of your internet service plan.
    Does Xfinity charge equipment fees?
    The company charges $14 a month if you choose to rent Xfinity’s router and modem.

Is Xfinity internet good?

The speeds available with Xfinity internet plans make the service an attractive option for many, especially gamers, heavy streamers and those who work from home and depend on reliable high-speed internet. Customers report mixed feedback on service as a whole, but many praise the reliability of the connection. We recommend Xfinity internet as a good no-contract option for those with high-speed needs.

Xfinity Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Internet?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I have never had a problem in service going out and the speed is amazing and in times when I needed customer service they are the greatest. I believe when the service did go out briefly we were notified of circumstances and when to expect service I go on and on saying good things. Price is very reasonable as well and you can get a service tech out pronto if you need one. Also, very reasonable for service call and most of the time no charge. If you move you can do the service one two three yourself to change address.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

XFinity came out with a plan a couple years ago to help low income people be able to afford the internet. I was sure it would be a slowed down version but after several years of escalating fees and costs I bought it. And I am so glad I did! For $9.95 per month I can be on the 'net all day, play my computer games all night and no problems. The one time I had a problem it was handled quickly and efficiently by a tech. It has been great for this senior on a limited income.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

XFinity, previously called Comcast, has its ups and downs. Downsides: can be expensive if you don't push for a discount, the company doesn't sell modems anymore and it's expensive to rent one or to Buy your own, repairmen charge you for calls, $75, even when they say they won't or the problem is XFinity's fault. Upsides: they've gotten better at not having outages or slowdowns caused by too much internet traffic. Better than CenturyLink by miles.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Paying for 100 mbps boost and find often speed is less than expected. Running through the normal reboot of modem/router manually or through their website does not necessarily correct the intermittent speed results. A call to customer service forces you to another reboot before you can get a live agent which is very frustrating. If they can’t solve the issue they schedule a site visit but you get a tier two call later from a difficult to understand agent who again tries to solve the issue. Magically before your site visit issue seems better but after some time the cycle repeats.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I had another internet provider and after bill increases, poor internet speeds and constant loss of connection on both wi-fi and LAN devices it was getting hard to work from home. I had called them and they always blamed me or my modem (which I had purchased through them!). Yet they never even bothered to send anyone out to check (although they "claimed" they did while I wasn't home).

I threw in the towel and decided to try Comcast even though they were just as poorly rated online. Maybe I was just fed up and they caught me at the right time, but Comcast from the start to finish was amazing. They could offer me internet speeds that were faster at a cheaper cost (even with a modem rental!), they offered to come out to my house THAT SAME DAY while I was actually home and make sure everything was actually working and setup was so much easier. I literally switched internet providers in less than 2 hours from my first phone interaction thanks to Comcast and their service while the other provider hadn't even called me back yet from being on hold.

Now I've been cruising the web and haven't had my connection drop once. My remote work video calls have all gone without a hitch where before it was embarrassing how many times my connection would cut out. It used to drop 2 times an hour previously on some days! I'm sure I'll purchase my own modem now that I've determined they are better and for the immediate future at least I'm sticking with Comcast.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

COMCAST-XFINITY sent me a final bill of $172 that I never received. They put it in collection and after FOUR YEARS I learned of this collection when I tried to refinance my home! Instead of getting 2% loan, I will be getting a 2.6% loan. This $172 mistake on their part is costing me THOUSANDS in interest payments! But the kicker here...THERE IS NO REAL PERSON WHO WILL COME TO THE PHONE TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM! Run as fast as you can as this company will screw you and never even come to the phone to help resolve the issue... RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I have been a Comcast customer for many years due to them being the only high speed provider in the area. If there is ever an issue with the service and we have to call in, the only resolution that customer service is able to give is to restart the modem which we have already usually tried and it typically does not resolve the issue. I've had to have the modem replaced several times which is beyond ridiculous and inconvenient. My bill has constantly increased while the service and the customer service have decreased significantly. This year, I have had data overages that have been unexplainable, numerous service issues, and terrible customer service. At this point, we are switching to a slower service just to not have to deal with the unnecessary issues.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

UPDATED 2/18/2021: Last night, I lost internet by Comcast, It was on in the morning. During a 9:30 AM conference call it went out again. Called and got a recording that said it would text when internet is up. I work from home and can't have this. T-Mobile is now offering home internet. I'll look into it today.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I work from home. I need my internet. It died last night. It was on in the morning and died while I was in a Zoom conference call. Comcast's recorded message told me of an outage and said they will text me when it's fixed which is estimated to be 4 hours later. Unacceptable for work from home. It's time for me to look into T-Mobile Home Internet.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Comcast Corporation has become an undisputable monopoly, engaging in unfair business practices, including, anti-competitive behavior, charging overly high prices, price discrimination, exploitative abuse, exclusionary abuse, single market abuse, predatory pricing/price gouging, illegal tying and product bundling practices, a pattern of deceptive business practices, repeated violations of the Consumer Protection Act, misrepresenting SPP's costs, and an attempt to engage in an abuse of superior bargaining position through an illegal merger. It is completely unfair that most broadband Internet users in most areas of the country only have one choice for Internet services and that choice, Comcast, abuses its customers repeatedly through engaging in unfair, deceptive, abusive, and at times, illegal business practices.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

So I finally signed up for internet. I chose Xfinity Prepaid through Boost Mobile. It seems they are running some sort of SCAM on their customers so BEWARE. I signed up the month of December. And it's been nothing but PROBLEMS!! I purchased the startup kit for $70 plus $40 for the 1 moth internet fee. Got it home it did not work. A technician was sent out a week later to fix the issue. January I pay my first month at a different location. I'm charged a different price not the promotional price promised. This month, two days ago I pay my bill at the original location. I get charged the promotional price. I get home and my internet works for an hour then shuts off. I call customer support. They send a technician today. The tech determines it is a faulty modem and that I can contact support with the issue and get another one.

I contact them and they state that the modem is out of warranty and that I need to purchase ANOTHER modem for $70 and start the process all over. I said ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! So basically Boost Mobile is selling either faulty equipment or milking their customers once they shut off the service after they receive payment!!! Either way steer clear. Do not purchase Xfinity prepay from Boost Mobile or Xfinity. I'm sure you will get the very same treatment!!??

Xfinity Internet Company Information