Call Now Toll Free
Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Comcast Internet Service has Flex 4K streaming and hotspot services. Find the right speed of service for your home by answering a few simple questions to have Comcast match you with the right plan. Comcast Internet Service also has advanced security features that block online threats to connected devices through its free Gateway service.

BOTTOM LINE

Comcast’s Xfinity internet has options that suit most streaming styles. Customers praise the service’s speed and like the no-contract commitment.

PROS

• Frequent deals
  • No-contract options
  • Reliable speed

CONS

• Service can be pricey

Top Comcast Internet Service Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comcast Internet Service?

Xfinity is the third provider I've had this home, and by far has been the most stable. Especially with me having a teenaged gamer in the house. I also love the ability to be just about anywhere and connect to their hotspot service.

I have been with Comcast for now for four years. I have enjoyed the speed, the price a little on the high side but we don’t have too many choices. Before I used Comcast I [had] another company and you’ll have a problem like every six months but so far and had no problem Comcast.

Comcast Internet Service Call Now Toll Free (866) 471-5523 Compare Offers

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

Comcast Xfinity internet plans

Xfinity internet plans are organized by speed, ranging from 15 Mbps, ideal for one to two devices and light streaming, to 2,000 Mbps, which is good for whole-home connectivity and multiplayer gaming. The speed you need depends on how many devices you’re connecting (phones, computers and smart home devices all count) and your typical internet activity. For most individuals and small families, 100 to 200 Mbps is sufficient.

Xfinity availability

Xfinity provides services in select states. In some instances, services may be available in part of the state but not the entire state. Contact Xfinity to see if service is available in your area.

Xfinity is available in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity internet prices

The price of Xfinity varies depending on the streaming speed you need. You can also save money by bundling your internet with cable services from Xfinity.

Speed# of devicesGood forStarting cost
15 Mbps1 - 2Music downloads, light streaming$49.95/mo
100 MbpsUp to 5Music downloads, light streaming$77.95/mo
200 MbpsUp to 8Multiple device streaming$39.99/mo
300 MbpsUp to 11HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$59.99/mo
600 Mbps12+HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$69.99/mo
1000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$79.99/mo
2000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$299.95/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity offers no-contract plans that allow you to cancel your service at any time without paying an early termination fee. Many of the company’s plans offer introductory rates or deals, which means the rate you’re quoted may only apply for the first 12 to 24 months of service. After this period, the fee may increase without warning.

Xfinity equipment

You can rent or buy equipment from Xfinity, including routers and modems, to support your internet plans. Xfinity also offers smart home equipment, including security cameras. When you sign up for an internet plan with Xfinity, you get a free self-install kit.

xfi gateway
xFi Gateway

The xFi Gateway is a modem and router in one. You can rent the xFi Gateway for $14 a month.

xfi pods
xFi Pods

xFi Pods are Wi-Fi extenders designed to combat dead spots. These ensure large homes have complete coverage.

xfinity camera
Xfinity Camera

These cameras capture and record live HD video. The camera can detect motion from people, pets and vehicles. Indoor/outdoor usage.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

How fast is Xfinity internet?
Xfinity offers a range of speeds that start at 15 Mbps and go up to 2 Gbps. Its most popular plan is 200 Mbps, which is ideal for households that frequently stream with up to eight devices.
Are Comcast and Xfinity the same thing?
Yes. Comcast owns the Xfinity brand. You may see services referred to as Comcast Xfinity or simply Xfinity, but both names refer to the same service.
What kind of modem does Xfinity use?
Xfinity offers the xFi Gateway, which is a router and modem in one. You can rent it from Xfinity as part of your internet service plan.
Does Xfinity charge equipment fees?
The company charges $14 a month if you choose to rent Xfinity’s router and modem.

Is Xfinity internet good?

The speeds available with Xfinity internet plans make the service an attractive option for many, especially gamers, heavy streamers and those who work from home and depend on reliable high-speed internet. Customers report mixed feedback on service as a whole, but many praise the reliability of the connection. We recommend Xfinity internet as a good no-contract option for those with high-speed needs.

Comcast Internet Service Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comcast Internet Service?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Bad Customer Service and Retention Department. A long time client calls to reduce 4 play services to just internet. After two months of request about 10 phone calls and invoice which gone up 20 % without notice or confirmation since my first call. I am disconnecting the service.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

It’s very difficult to get to talk to a real person and when you do, the only way you can get help is to purchase something more. Very difficult to work with and and they are always sneaking extra charges. Do not recommend.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: July 27, 2020

I was able to talk to Xfinity a very good customer service agent and get the promotional price for the internet service for two years. This is great! Giving 5 stars now to Xfinity agent who helped me. Thank you!

Original review: July 27, 2020

Now my bill for basic Xfinity internet service is $80. It started $40 two years ago, then $60 and now I see the increase again for the same service. I use internet at home basically to check my emails, I have it free at work. No TV or Phone, I need just internet. $80 a month for checking email? Ridiculous. I am switching to Verizon now, unfortunately, we don't have Fios. I will have to pay for phone too, but internet with phone is $66 at Verizon. I have Verizon modem left, because I was with them 3 years ago. They also increase the price, but by $5 a year and sometimes when I call they bring the price down back. Xfinity has, basically, no competitors in our small town.

I have called today to satellite companies, but they require 2 years contract. Organizing our community of 30 households to invite accessmedia3, and called to LUMOS, but they have only plan to expand. We have to be proactive and invite more companies and switch between companies often to break monopoly. Big cities, where people have higher income, have cheaper internet due to competition between providers. We suffer from monopolistic situation.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I had an appointment to have our equipment dropped off since our last modem stopped working for the third time. My wife stayed home since 3 pm we start getting calls and messages stating your tech is on the way, after about 6 of these calls and texts we get a call stating that the tech is here please go great him at the door. We searched our entire complex and nothing. Then we get a text stating they are working on the lines outside first then will come from off your equipment. 20 min. Later we get a call stating sorry we missed you please call to reschedule. This happen to us twice. I will be calling them in the morning to cancel my service. They should try to hold on to whatever kind of business they could get since their company is now obsolete.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Comcast is hands down the absolute worst company that I have ever experienced. Their customer service is completely appalling and their services are so unfriendly to users that it is necessary to call their customer service for even the most minor issues. I have been a customer of Comcast for several years and have hated their services the entire time. Unfortunately, they have a monopoly on internet and cable services in my area and I have been unable to switch to a better provider until now when I am leaving Comcast.

First, their services are difficult to even obtain due to unnecessarily complicated set up involving having to visit a store location or paying to have the router installed by a Comcast employee. This is completely inaccessible to those who have to pay for cable/internet but cannot afford a service charge or are unable to visit an in person location due to lack of transportation, disability, English as a second language, etc.

Second, there are frequent issues with the services from confusing/incorrect statements to difficulties in simply changing an email password. These require calling their customer services line, which ALWAYS has a wait time of at least 30 minutes and can often be over an hour. These calls can be confusing and lead to no solution, on top of being hugely frustrating and a giant waste of time.

Finally, it is also necessary to return the router boxes at the end of service. While this is understandable so that boxes can be (hopefully) reused, it again requires customers to travel to an in-person location, which presents the same concerns I have listed above. I tried to return my box today and the store was closed, I assume for COVID-19 precautions which is completely understandable, but they gave no alternative for returning the router and I could not bear the thought of calling their customer service line again so I left my box outside. I think it is important to note that I was not the only one who did so.

There were several other routers left outside the empty store, as I was clearly not the only one with this issue. I do not intend for this review to come down on the customer service agents, who I am sure are doing their best. I mean to criticize the company from the top down as the most demonic company in America. I will never be a comcast customer again and I will never recommend using comcast services to anyone.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I own a small software business in the energy industry. I have been a COMCAST customer for a long time and had both business internet and home internet. At the business location, I had COMCAST internet for about 6 years. Under this extraordinary circumstances where there were few positive Covid 19 cases in the building and also hard market conditions, I closed down the office. However, COMCAST Business is asking us to pay the remainder contract fees as well as 30 days advance notice. We only used internet, and never used their phone line - not even 10 calls. Now, they want us to pay close to $1000 dollars as disconnect fees even under this extraordinary situation. Our business has been a been a long loyal customer and I feel very let down with this kind of practice by Comcast.

I feel totally let down by this practice by Comcast. Even though it is a great company, I would never consider being their customer nor advise anyone being their customer after this kind of unethical practices. I am really disappointed and I am forced to write this review so that no other small business suffers as a result of these practices.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I had another internet provider and after bill increases, poor internet speeds and constant loss of connection on both wi-fi and LAN devices it was getting hard to work from home. I had called them and they always blamed me or my modem (which I had purchased through them!). Yet they never even bothered to send anyone out to check (although they "claimed" they did while I wasn't home).

I threw in the towel and decided to try Comcast even though they were just as poorly rated online. Maybe I was just fed up and they caught me at the right time, but Comcast from the start to finish was amazing. They could offer me internet speeds that were faster at a cheaper cost (even with a modem rental!), they offered to come out to my house THAT SAME DAY while I was actually home and make sure everything was actually working and setup was so much easier. I literally switched internet providers in less than 2 hours from my first phone interaction thanks to Comcast and their service while the other provider hadn't even called me back yet from being on hold.

Now I've been cruising the web and haven't had my connection drop once. My remote work video calls have all gone without a hitch where before it was embarrassing how many times my connection would cut out. It used to drop 2 times an hour previously on some days! I'm sure I'll purchase my own modem now that I've determined they are better and for the immediate future at least I'm sticking with Comcast.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Went to the Xfinity Store to get a gigabit modem. I had my own gigabit modem (Arris SB8200). It malfunctioned but before it did I was seeing speeds of 1.2 Gbps according to Fast.com and also the Xfinity Speed Test. Now with the new modem I see 1 Mbps (not Gbps but Mbps). That's 100 times slower than the advertised speed. Spent 9 hours with about 10 different people. Some had disconnected me. Some just kept me on hold and some promised to call back but never did.

I now have no internet in my house as nothing seems to be registered. I am connected to a Wifi Hotspot probably from the WAWA on the corner. By the way Comcast isn't installing any hotspots. The hotspots you can connect to are on someone else's account. You get to use their bandwidth but don't worry - they won't be charged. They just give away their bandwidth. They are sending a tech to check the cables but I'm sure that's not the problem. I got a call back from some guy in India who told me I am in a slow internet area. I guess he figures because I am hispanic that I must be living in a **.

Another told me that even at those ridiculously slow speeds that it will still work. I guess she figures that now it will be worth the $105/mo they are asking for. Bad experience and inept tech support. I wish I can drop them but they are the only game in town and they know that. Now I have a bunch of broken hearts because Xfinity can't seem to provide service on any satisfactory level. I hope soon I can be done with xfinity or comcast or whatever they want to call themselves forever.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Comcast failed to alert me to my need to replace a modem. When I did, their new modem was faulty and I was without internet, e-mail and landline service for 5 days. I had to have a tech come to my home on a Sunday during the pandemic to attempt a repair of the problem. He had to be in my home 2 hours on a Sunday and 2 hours on a Monday.

The problem was with new modem. Comcast NEVER said I should get a new modem, instead the thing had to be somehow remotely re-configured with new passwords for THEIR modem, and changes to my equipment. It was a mess. So, I called to get a reduction in their bill to cover my costs for the tech to deal with THEIR faulty equipment, but was told that during the pandemic they do not send out techs, it was my "personal decision" to get one, and they have no responsibility for MY decisions. Comcast/Xfinity are CHEATS. They may be a big company and provider but they don't care about their customers. They suck you in and then you're on your own. I am now looking for a better company. I'm finished with this kind of treatment.

Original review: July 8, 2020

My Xfinity Internet has been out on and off for six months. Xfinity has been trying to fix it from the main lines on and off, hours at a time for the six months with no success. Constantly goes on and off when I’m in the middle of a business call especially now when I’m working at home. This is unacceptable. It should never take this long to fix an issue like this. I have contacted them. They have been to my home numerous times. They have tried to fix it but no success. It has been out all day today.

When I called them they said there’s nobody available to come out because of the coronavirus. They escalated it to a higher team and said somebody will call me within 72 hours. This is so frustrating. Please be aware of this company. They advertise that they want to help you but they do not care. They just want you signed up and take your money. Go with somebody, anybody else even if you have to pay a little more. It is just not worth it. It’s like beating your head up against the wall.

Comcast Internet Service Company Information