Comcast Internet Service

Comcast Internet Service
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.42/5
Based on 1,048 ratings submitted in the last year

Comcast Internet Service Reviews

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

So on 2 consecutive days Comcast scheduled appointment windows with me. They never showed up! I was outside doing a few things when I received an automated call from Comcast saying the technician was at my door. I began looking around and see the van backing out of a neighbors driveway so I got in my truck and flagged him down. I walked up to his van window to explain that he was at the wrong house and I would take him to my house and he sarcastically told me the job was cancelled. I’m pretty sure he’s miserable in life and in his profession. Comcast is absolutely the worst company and very unprofessional.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I called after an issue with billing and after being called a liar and the person I was speaking with informed me that they will not allow me to speak to a supervisor. She continued to imply that I was stupid and was condescending. She talked over me constantly and attempted to lecture me like a child. She would not listen to anything that was being said and refused to acknowledge any wrongdoing on her end she continued to be belligerent and would not allow us to speak to anyone else claiming she was only allowed to deescalate calls. This was insane that she refused to do anything productive to help us and continued to refuse to transfer to a supervisor.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I discovered that I have an unauthorized credit inquiry on my Equifax report by Comcast on 2018. I never authorized or signed any credit application nor my SSN. I paid deposit and I don't know how they placed an inquiry without filling out any information. This is against the Credit Bureau Reporting.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Terribly inconsistent service. Always rotating between offline and online. It's not a hardware problem (we have a new router and modem, and they replaced the cables coming into the house). If I paid a percentage of the bill correlating to the time my wifi has worked then I should be paying about $1 a month.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I merely wanted to change, that is, reset my password. Jellie ** was the employee's name. To perform this simple task was taking upwards of a half hour, with the necessity of my looking up my Comcast account number which I keep with my paid bills. I gave up waiting and I am extremely annoyed that my town is Captive To This Internet Provider.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

It’s unbelievable how Comcast increases and adds “fees and taxes” when you call to talk to someone they are reading off a script, I guess to “try and say the right thing, no RIGHT about increasing the bill with nonsense charges. Going to leave comcast! Think twice about signing up for comcast!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

This company hiding their fees in the footnotes is an old story. But yesterday, I discovered they even cheat on their offers. Xfinity had some discounted offer on the internet, and the last day to sign up was yesterday. I chatted with a rep online and completed my order, ticked all boxes, put my credit card info and submitted. I got "order received" and confirmation emails after that, and I scheduled an install. The next day, they give me a call saying that, sorry, your order didn't go through and now you don't have access to the promotional rate anymore, so you have to sign up for a more expensive package. Seriously?? I'm very annoyed by the companies like Comcast and their inexhaustible ways to screw up their customers!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Comcast (Xfinity) monthly billings vary so much month to month you can never determine how the amount is determined. They will not explain how they do it. I signed up for a $179.00 billing, now I am paying over $225.00 per month. The BBB and FCC won't help, I've tried.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Every month they increase the bill and when I am calling them they said, "Maybe last time you got a wrong information from one of our team member but this is your correct bill." Comcast is a **. It's better to go AT&T or Google Fiber. Comcast doesn't have any qualified staff with correct information. They just make their customer fool and making money from us.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I recently moved to a new apartment. Transferred my Comcast. Well the apartment had no Comcast cable wires. So instead of running wires Xfinity gave me a speak size box. It had loads of wires ran up my electricity bill to $200 for the month. The electric company said it's something I didn't have before that is running up the bill. I called Xfinity, got Mexico workers very stupid and don't know what they are doing. No help. So I will cancel my service with Comcast tomorrow contact or no contact. They broke the contract when they gave me something that ran up my bill. I am done goodbye Comcast/Xfinity. More people should dump this no good company quickly. I am done.

Not sure about Comcast Internet Service?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Internet Service Provider for you.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team