2.19/5
Based on 398 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2506 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

My service is always going out. They do not follow through with appointments. They ran my credit without permission. They do not care for customers at all, worse customer service. Don't get Comcast internet.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

My internet is constantly going in and out in Ft Lauderdale. Comcast has no idea why. They schedule appointment to come and check the outside wiring and don't show up. I can't wait till ATT installs fiber optic in my area so I can use the internet when I WANT not when Comcast is not busy!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I had a plan that expired, I called when I received my bill and was told my plan would be upgraded and changed. It never happened. They continued to bill me and every time I tried to get it fixed I got transferred to a number that automatically disconnected. Finally after multiple attempts I got someone but then they won't backdate my plan, stating the rep didn't leave any comments. I still haven't gotten it resolved. They started charging me over $70 more a month.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I was a Comcast customer for over 14 years. The customer service has always been an issue, but due to my home location Comcast was my preferred option as the competing company also had a ton complaints. Prior to moving I added Comcast home security. At the time of service I informed the rep I was moving within the year and inquired about cancellation fees if Comcast was not a service provider in the new area. (I was building at that time and there were a lot of questions regarding service providers in the area). I was informed I would not be responsible for cancellation fees if Comcast did not service the area. Six months later I sold my home and moved into an apartment which had a contract with AT&T. During that time I also learned Comcast would not be allowed to service the new development.

When I called Comcast I was initially given a lot of inaccurate information and finally informed it was at Comcast's discretion and I would have to pay $660 for cancelling the home security (not including any equipment) and 350 for the internet (which I've had for years). I've been going back and forth with Comcast for a year now and finally caved in to prevent it from hitting my credit report. I've requested documentation and/or recording supporting the internet contractual agreement and was denied.

I do NOT recommend this company for phone, internet, cable, or home security. During the sale of the home the alarm was triggered by maintenance and the police never showed. During the time I was in the apartment I used AT&T, was informed if I moved I would not be responsible for cancellation. This time I requested it in writing prior to signing and when I moved into my home all I had to do was make a phone call. I could not believe how easy and stress free it was to cancel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Comcast has grown so large that it can no longer offer any decent service. Employees are given a script and not allowed to divert. Upon having to move and try to transfer service only to discover there was none at the new location, they still insist on the breakage fee; never mind years of using them faithfully and paying top dollar. When turning in equipment, although told the contract was now cancelled - the only thing they cancelled was the autopay. Now the last real bill to be paid, which looks like it has been paid, has not. (Be sure to look at the small print on the bill as to the exact dates that have been paid - the billing cycle is 3 weeks late and arrives at the same time as the last payment!) So now there is a late fee to pay in addition to a breakage fee, and a long wait online to correct the end of service which was never recorded.

Just for all the aggravation, they should waive the breakage fee, but honestly, if they are not providing the service at the new address, they should waive this punishment. (See the original contract details - they are desperate for every dime and make their employees toe the line to get it.) This unrelenting stance with clients who have been with them for years and paid faithfully will come back to bite them. More and more customers are leaving with frustration and aggravation to choose other services; I won't come back. Let's protect the local small guys who can offer proper service with their product.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I contacted Comcast to see if I would be better off using an Internet and TV package from them instead of DISH. Comcast (Xfinity) customer service told me their lowest TV programming alone started at $79.95 and if I wanted to "record" or have "high definition", well, there would be a charge for each, and then a charge for an "extra television", you know, the old DISH TV charges that they want you to fall for as "extras". Customer service woman told me I would be better off with DISH. This is why I dislike Comcast so much. They are so big and they don't care about their customers.

Of course, they are offering a streaming option now, that is most the same as DISH, a low charge, and a ripoff, they tell you what you will get but they don't tell you what you don't get. It is a stupid option. Like, you can stream and but you have no local channels. They tell you have 50 channels, and that is all, I tell you, they take away what you had with the bottom package, or second from the bottom package, that you had with them, no "normal" TV watching. The chat person will order the streaming channel for you, but they won't talk to you about it, they won't tell you what the streaming channel really is, they will just send it to you via your email or text, so they don't have to explain it. Comcast and DISH have not much to offer in the way of customer service for TV viewing unless you pay thru the nose.

Original review: July 31, 2018

My cable went out six times for extended periods in a year's time. Internet went out several times, once for over 8 hours. I do my business online and had to go to Panera to connect to a Wi-Fi. Bill went up from $101 to $202. They said my "Triple Play" ran out but they offered me a Latino Package for $99. With all of their fees, my bill was $134. I can't afford that as I'm disabled. I had to go with a much less expensive carrier. I received a bill for $280. I called and they told me I was being charged an early termination fee. Refused to send me proof that I signed a contract and told me I'd have to go to their ONLY office in the Orlando attractions area if I wanted to see my contract. I explained my disability in detail. They refused once again to send me proof of the contract, nor take into account my disabilities. I offered to send the Social Security documentation. They refused to accept any correspondence from me. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: July 30, 2018

Moved four miles down the road. They raised my rate on my service for internet. Comcast stated that "that plan is no longer available". More than doubled my internet price. Two months later, a flyer was on my door for the same amount of my old contract that I disputed. They said, "Oh! That is available for new customers but not to existing customers." It's funny how businesses do not understand the power of good practices such as rewarding loyal customers instead of punishing them.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Comcast sent a data usage overage warning which we never knew we were limited. This is our home internet that we never agreed to a limited account. This is not a cell phone with limits on data. They keep changing the rules, prices, and trying to force us to upgrade. This is internet account and I'm not willing to allow them to bully us into upgrading. They have overcharged all customers for all these years and now everyone is cutting the cord and now they are trying to force everyone into paying for crap that was never agreed to in the 1st place. They also know they are the only internet provider in Las Cruces, NM so they think they can bully their customers around.

Shame on Comcast for ripping off their customers. My internet is costing $148.00 a month and not fiber optics. They are telling us we can pay an additional $50.00 a month for unlimited. This is a complete abuse of power on their part. I hope they lose all customers for forcing them into abusive overcharges. There needs to be competition in this town for Comcast. Again Shame on you Comcast!!

Original review: July 18, 2018

A few weeks ago I started having trouble with my Internet going out intermittently. Each time before I could talk to a rep I was instructed to disconnect and reconnect my modem. When that didn't work the automated system "sent me a signal" and I had to wait 1/2 hour and then call back. Even then, to talk to a rep was a 2 hour wait. Then they sent "repair" signals and other stuff I don't understand.

Finally one rep told me she thought my modem was bad so she suggested I go to the local store and exchange it. A half hour wait to see a guy who handed me a bag with a new modem and incomplete installation instructions. Back to the phone queue. Finally get it set up. All is well for a few days and now I have no internet or TV because of an "outage". Thankfully have a cell phone through AT&T. That never goes down. Wish AT&T did TV and Internet. The problems with COMCAST are not that severe, but they are exacerbated by the fact that it takes way too long to reach a representative when you have a serious problem.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I am sure that there are a great many reviews like mine; and, Comcast and those legislators and agencies that pretend to regulate this industry will close their eyes to this one as well. I recently retired; and review my costs and spending closely. Comcast is a big chunk of my monthly spending. I reviewed my usage and found that internet, two premium channels, and a — tiny — handful of other channels are what I consume. To be clear, 95% of what Comcast compels me to purchase is of no interest or value to me.

I called Comcast, said I was retired and looking to reduce my monthly bill. I provided detail on what I wanted to retain. The representative took a while, intelligently trying various combinations of “bundles “ and said that the best she could do saved me $25 per month. This is about 8% of my monthly bill. I asked about senior discounts, and she said none were offered. This is supposed to be a regulated monopoly. The public interest is supposed to be served by legislators and agencies. “Fake” government, who allow huge — unjustified - rate increases. No one can get by without internet service and Comcast piles on rubbish to that service and laughs at its stupid customers and ineffective regulation.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Scheduled an appointment to get new equipment installed. Tech never showed. Called the 800#. After 10-minutes got an agent. Said the tech was on the way over. 1-hour after my service window, tech called to try and reschedule. I said no, I would wait. Tech showed up 90-minutes later to tell me he could NOT do the work. So, in all, I waited 4.5 hours for a tech to tell me he was not going to do anything. Called the 800#. Got the run-around from their service department (reading prepared scripts), in the Philippines. Promised me a supervisor would call the next morning at 8am my time. Never called. These guys should be banned by local municipalities, or at least fined for being so incompetent. I do not know of any other major consumer company with an average customer service rating as low as Comcast. They should be embarrassed, but can't hear you because the cash register is making too much noise.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I can't begin to tell you how painful it is to deal with Comcast. I have three accounts with them, because they have a monopoly in the community I live in. At one house today I tried to add the internet and was told it would take only 30 minutes. 2 1/2 hours later I no longer have cable TV or the internet. 5 phone calls to Comcast where I am transferred overseas, twice disconnected. They sent a "signal" to my TV, which didn't work, asked for a supervisor who keep asking me for my billing number, which I repeated at least 7 times to various people on the phone. They advertise that they are getting better with their service but I would rather have a root canal than work with them. For a 60 year old guy it takes a lot to get me upset and even more to cut the cord, but I am going to. Never have I sent such a terrible customer dept and a total lack of empathy.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I called customer service explaining everything that seemed wrong with my router. He told me that he will send a technician over and even explained that it will be free, there was no mention of it costing any money. Technician comes over and basically told me that my router was fine (didn't do anything to it). Then I get an extra $40 added to my bill. I called customer services again explaining why I shouldn't be charged with this much money and the employee on the phone basically told me that any kind of technician hired will always cost $40. So basically I was lied to and on top of that the first person I called didn't explain this to me. Now I'm in a position where I'm going to have to keep arguing with them until my bill gets removed (hopefully) because this is not my fault... It is their fault for lying to me and basically scamming me. Don't trust Xfinity!!!

Original review: July 3, 2018

I have been a loyal Comcast customer for over 5 years while living in the Seattle & San Francisco areas. I had the highest Internet speed available as I am a business professional who works from home and up until now have been pretty happy with Comcast. Until I was recently transferred to Georgia. While my wife and I were looking for a home to purchase we were living in a temporary apartment with a 3 month lease as we knew we would be buying a house. I called Comcast and asked them for service and I made it clear that I was living at a temporary address and that I plan on keeping Comcast service as long as it's available. I told them that my home search area included areas where Comcast did not have coverage but the rep told me, "Don't worry, if you buy a home in an area not serviced by Comcast you can leave a contract early without an early termination penalty." Made sense to me.

Now fast forward 6 months later and Comcast has sent my case to collections for a $186 early termination fee even though they can't provide service to my house. I say this as a warning, buyer beware... record every conversation (legally) you have with them when establishing service because their reps say things that are not true and unless recorded they deny it ever was said. Needless to say as someone who spent a lot of money with them and was a good customer for many years, this WAY of doing business is totally unacceptable. Do yourself a favor and find a smaller provider with a bigger heart!

Original review: July 2, 2018

It's been almost a month and my bill payment still hasn't been posted. I'm so sick of Xfinity/Comcast. Now my bill is $655.00???How though when I never order anything? Here it is July 2nd and Xfinity is still saying they can't find my payment of 208.48. Asking me to run around for the 25th time to provide the same damn bank statements proving I paid my bill for the 5th time. I'm sick of Xfinity stealing money. Hiking up fees. I went and got a lawyer. Worse cable services ever.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Comcast is the epitome of greed and selfishness. They represent the very worst of the typical American corporation. Their Internet service is fairly good and dependable, but that is the ONLY thing they have going for them. I pay nearly $100 per month just for Internet service and they have the nerve to force a 1TB data cap on me!!! I've done the math. One 2-hour HD movie alone can take up to up 3GB alone, and I've been fanatically watching the World Cup this month, so we've reached our 1TB cap. This time they're "letting it slide" but next time I will be charged $10 per every 50GB I go over. And I've just covered streaming.

The average website you visit these days is LOADED with active content that automatically refreshes, from images to videos to animations. If we are a 2-person household and 1TB is not enough then just imagine a 4-person household! This is just Comcasts' greedy way of pushing anyone who goes over the 1TB limit onto their "business" tier so they can pay EVEN MORE! I have never hated an ISP more in my entire life.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Agent provided a time for repair of service outage. 24 hours later I called back and another agent had carefee attitude of we will get it when we can. No concern for customer and since competition is limited the interactions with Comcast is they don't care because you don't have many options and they know it.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Xfinity Data is a joke. I’m sending photos down, last two days all my devices are turned off Xfinity WiFi, I went from 881GB to 904GB. Everything is turned off wifi, except Xfinity tv and security alarm. In 2 days I find that I used 13GB which all my devices are off from WIFI. What I think is they got meter turned on, and is rolling, to make sure they charge me 160 on top of 201 bill I’m paying every month. I been Xfinity Comcast customer for 8 years. Never had problems. All of a sudden they accusing me going over data, from 777GB the whole month, to now 1800GB the whole month is crazy. Please help hard working people of USA, we are getting ripped off left and right.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Comcast does not keep their word and when you call back there is no record of the conversation. They make promises and offer services that never materialize.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I was customer with Comcast for ten or more years... A month ago, I was out of internet for two weeks. Three tech came out on three separate times (unable to fix issue)... and my internet still not working. Now they want to charge me for the tech visit. I am with AT&T now. Way better service, will not go back to Comcast ever again.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Too expensive and too unreliable/unpredictable. My TVs and computer are constantly up-and-down and interruptions in service are frequent. I wouldn't use them if they were not the only choice where I live. I do like many of the features of the remote like the voice commands, but overall not a great service for the price.

Original review: June 17, 2018

They have been amazing since we switched providers. There is less dropped calls, great customer service, and a reliable bill that doesn't constantly fluctuate.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Comcast/Xfinity has the WORST service of any company that I have dealt with. Have been have ongoing Internet connection issue. They sent out technicians to see problems and then realize that it must have the underground cable line installed and the data comes and goes and the work does not get done. They wonder WHY I am angry and screaming sometimes from frustration and unfulfilled promises. I so wish that there was a reputable company that I could switch to!!!

Original review: June 12, 2018

They promise one thing and deliver another. They treat customers well only until you have started using their services. I had very bad experience with the billing where $50 which was taken as a service startup deposit and was promised to be adjusted in first month bill was not removed. I was asked to pay $75 (for $25 plan) only after I had called them 3-4 times. Worst... Will never use Comcast... They bluntly asked me cancel the service after apologizing that their promises were false...

Original review: June 8, 2018

Comcast will rip you off at any chance they get. I was talking to a representative on the phone while setting up my account, I mentioned an internet ad during the setup process, that had a lower price and free installation. I have a screenshot of the ad, with free installation,and the representative said it would be free. My bill has an $80 installation fee. I figured calling would settle the matter. I was told they could waive half as a courtesy.

I tried talking to a supervisor and was told she'd review the call. The supervisor reviewed the call and returned a message to me saying it would still only be half because the deal was not for the $69.99 x1 Saver. Funny thing is I have the screenshot showing that exact deal with a free installation. Will be posting that screenshot online along with the voicemail text quoting that. Thanks for taking up so much of my time, will not be recommending your service. I am currently looking at alternatives and considering paying the termination fee so I can patronize a company that treats their customers right.

Original review: June 7, 2018

WORST COMPANY EVER! Service is slow, we live in an urban area, signal should be strong but it constantly drops. Executive offices say that we will get the blast speed (up to 300 Mbps) if we are HARDWIRED. This does not apply to wifi. Just being down the hall from the modem and getting a speed test of 140 Mbps is fine according to them. This isn't what they advertise. The visuals is of a family of 4+, all on their devices, playing, having fun, and all at super fast speeds. Such a gross misrepresentations. Our home was serviced on more than 10 occasions all for the same problem. Whatever fix was performed, was undone the following visit with comments about the previous installer's skill level.

Faulty equipment was installed (or unstable equipment with well known problems was installed) and the following technician would say, 'Who did this? This is a sure-second-call unit.' When I asked what that meant, he said, "One visit to install and a second visit to de-install." Executive offices tell us they know nothing about instability of equipment (and they would know) and I find out 6 hour later from another executive that there's a national ticket out on the modem. They are downright abusive in how they monkey around with people's time. I understand that utilities experience outages and repairs need to be made (but there was no outage with Comcast) and 10+ repairs to juggle not being at work, supervising technicians who are doing and undoing and redoing the same fixes over and over again is beyond the pale.

This company feels completely at ease airing their dirty laundry in my home, on my time, and at my expense. It's outrageous. I'm told that it's not something that should be going on however with the number of Comcast/Xfinity personnel engaging in blackballing behavior suggests that it's quite commonplace. The fish rots from the head down so if that's what's happening on the local level, my assumption is that corporate is just as disorganized and ill equipped to handle any matter dealing with quality customer service.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Avoid AUTO-PAY Feature of Comcast Xfinity account. Comcast usually charges 1 month in advance, so if at all a bug is generated common belief is that we can still work out for any new charges posted on account. With this common belief, I talked with customer representative when for 1 month a charge of $112.97 was posted on my account (regular monthly charges were $70.87). Since I had set up auto pay, I called up representative immediately to reverse the charges and accordingly agent advised me to change plan (also promised to apply credit).

Next month I see credit for only $10 when it should have been $32.97 and when asked about same this time the representatives claim nothing can be done about it. With this harrowing experience, I remove auto-pay on all my accounts, because with monthly generated bills we still have window to see credit being applied before we make actual payment. Once the amount is debited from your card, it becomes very difficult to fight for unreasonable charges and get reversal for the same...

Original review: June 5, 2018

My bill has not been late and around my due date. They shut my service down, and when I call they ask for a payment which has been sent in. I will not give them a CC to process monthly with their unexpected price hikes. When my contract is done so are they!!!

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

PA
19103
www.xfinity.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business