Comcast Internet Service

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I thought the service was bad when I owned my house. When I went in to pay my bills, there was ALWAYS an elderly person in front of me confused about why their service had changed and they were being charged more for less of what they wanted. When we got the higher speed internet, it only ACTUALLY gave us the lower speed - and when we talked to them about it after several attempts to fix it, the lady told me they didn't actually have to deliver the promised speeds. That it could be "up to" the promised speeds, but they weren't going to care anymore about the issue. Automatic billing is a trap, so is renting their equipment. Because they up the charges without warning every few months, and the equipment can, apparently, be outdated for the service you are getting without two technicians coming to your house and NOTICING THAT FACT.

But now? Oh, now it's WORSE. Because I'm renting. And when we set up the internet, the problem was on their end. They admitted it on the phone and in person. But they took OVER A WEEK to show up, even though I told them that I work from home and needed the hours/paycheck. They did not refund the 180 I lost in income during that week and made it sound like a favor not charging us for the time we didn't have their service.

And NOW I'm losing another 100 dollars because of losing the connection for about a second every minute or two. Nothing wrong in their system, they say. And if the technician comes out and sees that it's not their fault, we'll have to get charged for that too. Even though I've checked multiple computers and multiple networks, and it is very clearly an internet connection on their end. And the worst part is that the company is SO bad it's afraid of any sort of competition in the area, and has a stranglehold monopoly on my livelihood. I need this job to live and pay rent, and they have cost me almost a month's rent in work when I haven't even lived here two months!!! You know how people who are moving look closely at school districts? I need to get OUT of Comcast's district. They are costing me too much!

I have been with Comcast for a long time (a decade or more?) and they keep raising my rates for poorer and poorer service. They used to at least try to correct whatever issue I was having, whether it was a price point or poor connection. Now they simply do not care and try to charge as much as they can get away with for glitchy, slow services. I let them know that I will have to cancel, if they do not value loyalty and return business, and the agent I talked to was silent. That is bad customer service on top of bad pricing for bad service. Winning combo Comcast. Any company worth its salt knows that a happy customer can be their biggest promoter, and that same customer can be their biggest detractor if they are treated badly and unfairly.

This is by far the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working with. Three years ago I began staying in my family's apartment building to assist with maintenance and travel to school more easily. At the time I needed internet and unfortunately our only option was Comcast. I told the technician who installed the device that I would not be paying as it was going to fall under my family's responsibilities. He still asked for my name and so I gave it. No further information. Three years later I received a call from Southwest Credit for a collection from Comcast. I paid it immediately and am currently on the phone trying to find some means of resolving all of the damages Comcast has caused me for the past three years. Beware of this company.

I moved from one location to other. I had only internet service at the previous location. They said when I move they treat me as new customer and give a promotion to try triple play and they said I can cancel after a month. But I realized from other rep that I cannot cancel 2 service and keep one to do that. Then I canceled 2 service after 1 day which I did not want, requested for refund. However they charged me $50 extra and they say they cannot give the whole refund. Just for 1 day I paid $50. Please do not fall for marketing promotions.

I had an issue with my Comcast Xfinity internet going out. I followed the Comcast Xfinity app trouble shooting steps without success. I contacted the Comcast Xfinity technical support through the app. (The app is good - that is why they get one star.) This technical support operator also conducted trouble shooting without success. He felt the problem was with my internet box. I offered to take the unit to my local Comcast/Xfinity store. He stated that it would be better if I scheduled for a technician to come out and look for the issue. I had several issues with missed Comcast Xfinity technician appointments when I set up my service in September 2015 (my service started in November 2015 - two months later because of this) so I asked again if he was sure I shouldn't just go to the local store. He confirmed no.

I agreed to setting up an appointment. At the end of the call he stated that I MAY incur some charges if the technician found the lack of service was not a Comcast Xfinity issue. The technician came on time and found that the problem was with the Comcast / Xfinity signal strength. He fixed THEIR issue and left. When paying my bill - I found I was charged $60 for a service call. I called the billing line and was told that the only thing that could be done was to offer me was a $20 credit and 3 months of a movie channel. Or she could submit a ticket to a supervisor for further review to possibly get a full refund. I asked if I could speak with a supervisor instead.

I was transferred to a supervisor who proceeded to tell me the following things: 1) All service technician calls are $60, even if the issue is with the service provided by Comcast / Xfinity. 2) It is company policy that Comcast Xfinity will not issue a refund regardless that their staff did not disclose this when scheduling the appointment. 3) Escalating to a supervisor only offers Comcast Xfinity a training opportunity to maybe correct false statements for future subscribers.

Comcast Xfinity staff (knowingly or unknowingly) are scheduling service calls under the pretense that you MAY be charged, not that you WILL be charged. I was told by the supervisor that Comcast Xfinity has set the following as corporate policies that are non-negotiable. 1) Regardless of the issue - if a service call is issued for your location - even if the service issue is that of Comcast Xfinity - the customer pays $60. In other words - you are paying for their staff (or contractor) to fix their error. 2) Even if their staff did not make you aware of the charges upfront - they will not issue you a credit. They will review the call and talk to the staff member. That means that they will be able to confirm that the staff member did not divulge the charges upfront and that they do not care enough to honor customer's rights or let alone just conduct a fair business practice. If these are set as "Corporate Policies" then this must be a frequent error.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

I moved to new address, I was referred by my Lease holder to take the Comcast. It is very good. I thought it would be good and spoke with them, when I spoke with them, they were nice and they said "you will be charged $55/Month" but now I received the first bill $65.13/Month. I just called the customer representative. He is saying that "You have TV channels. That's why you are charged $10 extra." I told him I don't need TV channels and I don't want to pay for that, then he started talking very rude. I used to like Comcast but now I started hating the services.

The reason for this is they have always been very slow, laggy service. I pay for the triple play and they promised a rate of 96.00 and now I pay 120.00 for service that half the time I'm waiting for it to work. Plus my cable is constantly on off like there were some bad storms when there's not. If you're going to advertise fast internet or good cable you should make sure it is what you're providing.

I bought a prepaid modem two weeks ago. I was then told once a modem came that a technician had to come out. Detection came out to make sure the installation was properly done only for a technician to come out to realize that the modem that I purchased was not was broken. Been calling customer service on eight occasions. Can't seem to get anyone to tell me exactly when I'm getting my modem. They first told me they gave me a tracking number. Come to find out just today that's the tracking number is actually a order number so customer service is very incompetent.

Can't seem to reach a supervisor. They tell you they can't locate one. I'm just so frustrated with this prepaid internet service and now I've just been told that my second modem is sitting in the warehouse, hasn't been shipped out but I was told last week that it was shipped out on Tuesday so I'm truly frustrated so now they're telling me they don't know when it's going to be shipped out some day next week. It's just ridiculous but they have my money and I have no modem or no internet service and can't seem to get a supervisor, a manager to even give me a callback with any concerns.

I have never hated a company so much and had so many constant issues with communication with their customer service. I have been lied to multiple times that I would get a call back. One time a representative told me they don't even do callbacks so they don't know why I was told that. I was told my bill was fixed and it never was so I had to call back again and again. I was accused of stealing service when I called the third time to let them know my service still has not been cancelled as I requested. I could go on for an hour about each painful interaction but I'm not saying anything that you don't already know. It baffles me how a company can be so open about being super villain and continue to get away with it. I imagine their to do list would be something like: Ruin the internet for us all, Kick puppies, then build a monument to Hitler.

This was the worst mistake I ever made, getting Xfinity. I had internet since my internet didn't work. Period. They couldn't figure out the problem. When I ordered service the representative used my account information to add on service I didn't ask for and they think this is on. Now after canceling they're trying to charge me. CROOKS.

This company uses their size to manipulate customers and misrepresent their product. They do not provide the services that you are purchasing. The streaming service is inadequate and does not work without extremely high speed connection. Therefore remote streaming is useless. My service at home is always far less speed than I am paying for according to Xfinity Speedtest website. I just believe that this corporate culture is based on deception and using customer service as a corporate dodge from actually providing the services that they sell you. Comcast in short is a consumer scam. They are so large that some agency like Consumer Affairs must be assigned the task of monitoring ALL of their services to ensure that the cheating of customers does not continue.

When we were on copper we did not have a problem with any of our services. Our HOA signed a contract for fiber and since then (May) we have had unreliable Internet, phone, and TV service. We have had approximately six service calls each one unable to correct the problem. The last technician assured us that we needed a new fiber line to the house. He said we would hear from them within 1 to 2 days. When they didn't show up in 1 to 2 days we called again spending hours on the phone only to find out that they did not have a record of the request for new fiber and we are again waiting for service tomorrow. We have had no phone, incurred additional expenses on our cell phone bill for data services and still have gotten nowhere with them.

I have had it with Xfinity/Comcast! We have had their service since 1988 and are treated like dirt! Each rep promises one thing and the next rep denies that anyone ever told me that. They have a monopoly in our area! Everyone is stuck with them! How they this monopoly be allowed to exist and rape its customers? Even if I cancel. They are the only company that provides internet! How can we band together to put them out of business?

I have been having connectivity problems with my modem/wireless internet for over 6 months. Today, my life was made so much easier by a very knowledgeable associate at Xfinity. Timothy was patient with my complaint (remember there is 6 months of annoyance built up) and not only fixed my problem but educated me on which frequency to connect to - and why.

I refuse to ever get their service again. They manipulated people into getting service packs and internet is shared with others. They don't tell people at all. They upsell and lie about the speed you get mbps... internet drops out randomly from hard lined to router. Calling in is a joke! You get to talk to someone who can barely speak English. On top of that they put you on hold for more than 10 mins. Then to be told they don't know what the problem is. Very bad service and internet provider. 175 mbps is a lie when it's shared with others and they will charge you a arm and leg for their fines and fees and startup cost. When expecting to pay 100 first month I get almost 275 bill... When I got 2 weeks of service and it got dropped out for week and half just to be told that Denver server was out. And they refund credit but almost two weeks no service.

The new month rolls around. I call to complain and explain what's going on and it's not fair no one cares to listen and I'm just told "well you need to pay your bill." So 275 for two weeks of service from them?? Yea right. These people get a FAT F and a 0! For everything go with CenturyLink. They don't share service. It's DSL... For your internet and the customer service is a lot better. You can actually talk to a person who can speak English and understand your issues... Screw! Xfinity forever. Never using them again... everyone stop! Using Xfinity! They need to learn and fix their whole business! And reps!!

My account number is **. Me and my family have been scam by Comcast 3yrs ago. Comcast has now damage our credit by not fulfilling the 12 month contract we signed up for. After we provide them proof of our payment, contract and recording conversation of all our payment. They disagreed, would not provide an interpreter, lied and hung the phone on us. NOW once again we prepared ourselves before my wife signed a contract. We recorded conversations and screen shot of every single chat with live agent. NOW once again the same problem is now occurring.

We now have been receiving a bill for 29.99 instead of 19.99 for last 3months (we have 2months left for our 12months contract to pay 19.99). We contact customer service several times about problem, no response only response is "Please leave a message and will get back within 3 days business days." To no avail no phone call back. Don't ever get Xfinity for your home.

Again on a Friday my cable and internet went out. After the runaround with four language barrier individuals I got no resolve on my issues and of course have to wait days for a technician. I don't know if the problem originated from them burying a line but of course I am the one inconvenienced. "I understand that you are frustrated". This is like the old Comcast that lost signals in the 90s. I guess we are back to the same scenario. Customer service is poor at best especially when you request an English speaking representative with no results and find yourself screaming which is unbecoming. I will be cancelling this service and not deal with these continued issues. Also, do you think I will hear from them regarding my negative comments. NO, it's all about the money.

I recently switched my phone/internet service to Comcast. Several months later I learned that only one jack was activated. The jack attached to my ADT security system has not been active since I changed service. I was unaware and my home has been unprotected for months. I called to have the jack activated, and was told there would be a $60 charge. They refused to waive the charge although I told them I was never advised that only one jack would be activated.

I will never ever ever go back to Xfinity! I paid for only internet but when I moved in February 2017 I wanted to cancel my services. I called in March to cancel, the rep said she would put in a request to close my account. Ever since March I have called 3 times to cancel my services each time the rep said it would be taken care of. I'm still getting billed and my payments are still being taken out of my account as of August 7th, 2017. They will tell you to ignore the bill, that the account will be closed and a refund check will be issued but takes up to 12 weeks to process. It does not take nearly 6 months for an account to cancel! This company does nothing but take hard working people's money! Never will I recommend their services to anyone. I've read reviews online of multiple other people who have had the same situation happen as me, don't give this scam of a company your business.

How sad is it that a company takes advantage, lies, scams and does nothing to make their customers happy. They charge you for channels and things didn't want or know you had. They send you equipment that don't work and they send someone who doesn't know what they are doing to install it. They send someone to get the equipment if you late on a bill without and warning but they will say "Oh we sent this" or "We sent that". Lying scamming company. Shame on you!!!

Comcast/Xfinity give you credit for outages and other charges and then turn around and take their money back monthly afterwards by adding $3, $4, $5, or $6 here and there, when they can't explain to you where those extra charges are coming from. They also over charge you for package deals that are suppose to be cheaper and also will not allow you to get discounts that you are qualified for.

When we were getting ready to move, we called the Comcast number to get this going. The call went to a third party that gave us incorrect information. This lead to our service being cancelled and getting billed for breaking the 2-year contract early ($1200.00!). Setting up new service in our new home was a nightmare. After 12 hours on the phone it was finally straightened out but the customer service was terrible. Not that we expected a callback, but three reps said they would make it their job to fix the issues and would call back. Ha! What a joke. Old saying - if you expect nothing you will never be disappointed. Comcast claims to make moving easy - it was anything but easy; incorrect information, terrible customer service and many wasted hours on the phone with incompetent service reps. If you can get TV and DSL elsewhere, do it.

I signed up 2 years ago on 08/08/2015 and yes of course was locked into a 2 year contract. The 30 day money back guarantee is a joke, they do not stand behind the guarantee. When I signed up I was promised a price lock for the 2 years on a contract and was given a complete description of the bundle over the phone with the representative when I agreed to sign up. I was told I would receive an email confirming the agreement and contract. However the email I received was not the same information that was told to me over the phone. While on the phone with the representative I wrote down all the information that was given to me regarding the bundle I signed up for.

Of course I tried to call that representative back but you never get the same person when you call back and the person who answers the phone will not try to get you over to that person, so you are stuck trying to explain everything to the new representative who promises to fix the issue. They gladly give you their name but names do not matter because no one is held accountable for the errors made or the promises to fix the errors.

I signed up on 08/08/2015 and tried for several weeks to get these issues resolved but with no success. For the next couple of weeks I was unable to take care of matters because of a family member that tragically passed away and I had to travel to Idaho to take care of family matters. Upon returning I tried again to get issues resolved and finally reached an executive in the company who issued a credit to us and got the issue resolved and everything was good for about 3 months and then it all started all over again from there. Every 2 months I was receiving a bill for more and more and more. It started out that I would be paying $119.00 per month for 2 years which included a home security monitoring system for the additional per month or my package would of only been $109.00 per month.

I tried to understand the first couple months of billing as they were telling me that there was a pro-ration, then they were saying that there is a separate charge for everything on top of the $119.00. Even though my package bundle stated it included HD services they were still billing me $10.00 per month for HD services. I called and called and called, they would promise to fix the bill which would last 1 to 2 months then it would start all over again. Everytime I would call it would waste over an hour of my time with promises of resolve, yet nothing would ever get fixed.

My home security system worked for about 2 months then it would stop working, techs would come out to fix it but fix would only last about a week, so those service calls ended up being a complete waste of time, they never could get it to work, but I was locked into a contract for 2 years even if it didn't work. My bill went from a promised 2 year price of $119.00 per month to $171.00 per month. They said I would pay a penalty to break my contract but they didn't have to stick to their end of the contract, they could raise their prices anytime they wanted to.

Well my contract is up On August 8, 2017, I received my new bill on July 31, 2017 showing the new price would be $207.23 per month and bill was for period 08/08/2017 to 09/07/2017. I called to have my services cancelled and turned off on 08/07/2017 at midnight because I had already paid through 08/07/2017. I received a call from the home security company showing that my monitor had been disconnected, out of courtesy, I called them back to let them know I cancelled my entire Xfinity account effective midnight 08/07/2017. They informed me that there was another error. It had been scheduled for 08/12/2017.

I called back Xfinity and spent over 2 hours on the phone with them to get the disconnect date corrected. I know sooner hung up with them and they disconnected me right that moment. I called them back again because I was entitled to my cable through 08/07/2017, as I had already paid through that date. They refused to turn it back on until midnight without a reconnect fee. It was their error not following my instructions for disconnect time and date, not mine. I will also be filing a complaint with Better Business Bureau as no one should ever be treated this way or companies not standing behind their prices and or contracts. This review is true and all names and dates have been documented for verification.

We have had problems with pixelation on our TV off and on for at least a year. We have had slow internet for at least 3 years now. I have had several technicians come to the house, new cable boxes and new modems. I had an appointment today set for 4 - 6. I was told they were going to put in a new cable from the post to the house and they were going to bring a new modem.

The technician came to the house 4 hours early without calling first. Good thing we were home. It started with him blocking our neighbor's driveway. We asked him to move. He said "That's ok, I won't be here that long." We told him that he was early and from that point things just got worse. We told him that we were supposed to get a new cable from post to house and a new modem. NO on both. He stated that we didn't need a new cable. We needed a amp added to our cable in the house. This was going to help our TV signal. I asked him again about the cable and he said no.

I called customer service. I told them what was going on and I told the tech that I was talking to customer service. He said he didn't care who I was talking to. I even put him on the phone with customer service. He finally did put a new cable from the pole to the house. He moved my furniture around on his own without asking. The worst is he moved the carpet from under a very heavy cabinet. (No cables are back there) and didn't put it back. I had to do it on my own.

So now we get to the internet. I told him that I had gone to Xfinity Speed Check, and got low numbers. He said that he never uses the Xfinity test. He uses some other app. Anyways. He powered down, reset the modem. Checked his speed check app and said it was good. While he was here I showed him how slow it was. It even logged out because it took so long to download. Didn't do anything else. As he was leaving he said "Do you still want a new modem?" I said "Yes." He said he would have to go get one. That was 2 1/2 hours ago.

I called back customer service and explained what happened. They said they couldn't do anything because the ticket was still open. They however would reboot the modem. I told them never mind. This had been done so many times. BTW. My bill is $227 a month. We pay extra for sports channel, Recording box and higher speed. Every time you call you get yessed to death but nothing changes.

We're a small business - just 2 people. Back in June, we were moving to a larger warehouse. We had CenturyLink - one of THE WORST telecom companies in the country. I wanted to dump them. Overpriced, bad service, incompetent, etc. The new location was in a section of the city that had not been updated. I had assumed that I'd have a choice for service, but that wasn't the case. Turns out that I had only 2 choices: CenturyLink or Comcast. Crap and Crappier. I decided to go with Comcast since they were cheaper.

Getting these clowns in to install was a disaster! They wasted time with 'inspection, to see if they can provide service' at our office. I told them the place next door to me uses them. They still wasted a week for inspections. Scheduling a time for install was equally disastrous - 2 weeks out! NOW - the install tech is here. He's telling me that all he can do is 'turn on' the internet. Since we don't have wireless computers, I'll have to hire someone to come in with about 100 ft. of co-ax cable and hook our 2 desktops up! This is ridiculous! I have to pay those idiots at Comcast for install, and *now* I have to pay someone else to finish it?! COMCAST SUCKS!

I got Xfinity X1 4-5 months ago. Although it has some weak points vs. the old system (like the inability to expand very narrow movies), in general X1 is a HUGE improvement over the old system. BUT... it has one annoying characteristic: It slows your ability to open websites on your computer. Some attempts even result in a perpetually turning circle (my browser is Chrome)/never connects. Other times if you interrupt the turning circle by hitting the stop icon, then immediately hit the reload icon, it connects to the site immediately. Go figure. A tech rep was here yesterday to try to figure out why this was happening. He admitted that X1 involves some kind of filter that keeps the signal to the DVR from interfering with other DVRs in the area, and that filter may also sometimes mistake a request to connect to a site with an unwanted intrusion.

The filter is also apparently responsible for some strange email behavior. If I put any email address with an aol.com domain in it in the Bcc: box, it bounces: "Permanent error". If I put the address in the To: box, it goes out, no problem. But some days, aol.com addresses in the Bcc: box go out fine; but most days, "Permanent error". I thought maybe I should try using Comcast mail, but it has a list of problems that would make this review way too long.

Don't know why Comcast is hiring representatives from India. Maybe it gonna cheap to hire Indian people. They always provide name as like alex, john, justin. I am pretty much sure they not gonna have a name like that. I tried to take a comcast service. I did contact them 4, 5 times in 3 days but didn't get the good response. 1st I got the confirmation number. After 3 days they rejected my service. I wasted my 3 days to get the service from comcast. When I call customer service I feel like they are doing exercise and talking with me, taking a long breath. Don't know and told me to call different no. Comcast service suck and hire the people for cheap and they don't know what they are doing.

I sometimes play online games. Comcast has the most unstable internet. I called them many times. Every time I call they run some stuff and the speed and connection is good, after a few hours it goes back to the same terrible internet. I canceled my subscription today. Don't ever get Xfinity for your home.

I pay way too much a month for my internet and cable not to work all the time. I go to school online so I need to be able to access my classes. They have to send a technician out every 2 weeks to work on it. I would recommend getting another service provider.

I called in on a billing matter, and was offered a new rate of 49.99/month for the same service that I had. I had the Blast internet, with download speeds of 75Mbps. I agreed to the new rate, for the SAME service. When I checked my account, I discovered that I had been downgraded to 10 Mbps. I called to have the problem fixed, however they refused to honor the rate I had agreed to. They offered me a higher rate, which I declined. I was told that they would review my previous call, and call me within 48 hours, but I did not receive a call.

I called back today, and was told that promotion is no longer available and they cannot honor it. It was available when I agreed to it, and someone at their company made a mistake. I am only asking for them to honor the rate that I agreed to. I was told again today that someone will call me back within 48 hours. If they do not call me back and make this right, I will be leaving Comcast after being a customer for 10 years. How can a company stay in business while treating their loyal customers this way?

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.
  • Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.
  • 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.
  • Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.
  • Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.
  • Best for Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Compare Internet Service Providers