3.6/5 (1595 ratings)

About Xfinity Internet

Comcast Internet Service has Flex 4K streaming and hotspot services. Find the right speed of service for your home by answering a few simple questions to have Comcast match you with the right plan. Comcast Internet Service also has advanced security features that block online threats to connected devices through its free Gateway service.

Pros

• Frequent deals
  • No-contract options
  • Reliable speed

Cons

• Service can be pricey

Bottom Line

Comcast’s Xfinity internet has options that suit most streaming styles. Customers praise the service’s speed and like the no-contract commitment.

Top Xfinity Internet Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Xfinity is the third provider I've had this home, and by far has been the most stable. Especially with me having a teenaged gamer in the house. I also love the ability to be just ...

Verified

I have been with Comcast for now for four years. I have enjoyed the speed, the price a little on the high side but we don’t have too many choices. Before I used Comcast I [had] an...

Comcast Xfinity internet plans

Xfinity internet plans are organized by speed, ranging from 15 Mbps, ideal for one to two devices and light streaming, to 2,000 Mbps, which is good for whole-home connectivity and multiplayer gaming. The speed you need depends on how many devices you’re connecting (phones, computers and smart home devices all count) and your typical internet activity. For most individuals and small families, 100 to 200 Mbps is sufficient.

Xfinity availability

Xfinity provides services in select states. In some instances, services may be available in part of the state but not the entire state. Contact Xfinity to see if service is available in your area.

Xfinity is available in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity internet prices

The price of Xfinity varies depending on the streaming speed you need. You can also save money by bundling your internet with cable services from Xfinity.

Speed# of devicesGood forStarting cost
15 Mbps1 - 2Music downloads, light streaming$49.95/mo
100 MbpsUp to 5Music downloads, light streaming$77.95/mo
200 MbpsUp to 8Multiple device streaming$39.99/mo
300 MbpsUp to 11HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$59.99/mo
600 Mbps12+HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$69.99/mo
1000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$79.99/mo
2000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$299.95/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity offers no-contract plans that allow you to cancel your service at any time without paying an early termination fee. Many of the company’s plans offer introductory rates or deals, which means the rate you’re quoted may only apply for the first 12 to 24 months of service. After this period, the fee may increase without warning.

Xfinity equipment

You can rent or buy equipment from Xfinity, including routers and modems, to support your internet plans. Xfinity also offers smart home equipment, including security cameras. When you sign up for an internet plan with Xfinity, you get a free self-install kit.

xfi gateway
xFi Gateway

The xFi Gateway is a modem and router in one. You can rent the xFi Gateway for $14 a month.

xfi pods
xFi Pods

xFi Pods are Wi-Fi extenders designed to combat dead spots. These ensure large homes have complete coverage.

xfinity camera
Xfinity Camera

These cameras capture and record live HD video. The camera can detect motion from people, pets and vehicles. Indoor/outdoor usage.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

How fast is Xfinity internet?
Xfinity offers a range of speeds that start at 15 Mbps and go up to 2 Gbps. Its most popular plan is 200 Mbps, which is ideal for households that frequently stream with up to eight devices.
Are Comcast and Xfinity the same thing?
Yes. Comcast owns the Xfinity brand. You may see services referred to as Comcast Xfinity or simply Xfinity, but both names refer to the same service.
What kind of modem does Xfinity use?
Xfinity offers the xFi Gateway, which is a router and modem in one. You can rent it from Xfinity as part of your internet service plan.
Does Xfinity charge equipment fees?
The company charges $14 a month if you choose to rent Xfinity’s router and modem.

Is Xfinity internet good?

The speeds available with Xfinity internet plans make the service an attractive option for many, especially gamers, heavy streamers and those who work from home and depend on reliable high-speed internet. Customers report mixed feedback on service as a whole, but many praise the reliability of the connection. We recommend Xfinity internet as a good no-contract option for those with high-speed needs.

Xfinity Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Internet?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Xfinity is by far the fastest and most reliable on the market, if there is a problem they are there to fix it the same day, often online with a agent. They have had problems these past few months, needing to repair and upgrade the system due to the freeze in Texas and the hurricane. The picture quality is excellent, and reliable.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Generally reliable, good connection, even with 8+ devices connected and streaming. We have unlimited data as heavy users and for the speed, the cost isn’t bad at $75/mo. However, I did have to call and wait for a very long time to speak to a customer service rep to get that discounted rate. Otherwise I’d be paying almost double. I will have to do the same again in January, which is unfortunate.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

We've had the internet through Xfinity for about 6 years. Although it has its flaws with glitches when we have too many devices connected, I have to say for the price, it's worth it since we stream on all of TVs and don't have a cable service per say. The con for some people would probably be that this program is only for moderate to low income households.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I think my cable company too much control of the Internet service that they provide and it cost too much money but we have to pay through the nose in order to get the good service. Overall my Internet service is pretty well. Don’t have any problems but like I said we paid a lot of money for the service. I think it should be at least $100 cheaper every month.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I realize XFinity (Comcast) is often criticized. However, I have found them to be very responsive to an alert from me about an outage. First, they will identify if there is trouble in the area and, if so, when the problem with be resolved, or they will provide relatively easy automated instructions that I may use to get things up and rolling again if the issue is just at my house, and, finally. XFinity will call back to establish that the issue in the area has been resolved and that we are back online or make sure the boosted signal they sent to our unit brought us back into service.

Original review: May 21, 2022

I cancelled my Xfinity service and specifically asked them if I needed to return this little white box modem thing, a little bigger than the palm of my hand. They said no. A month later they charged me $120 for "unreturned equipment." I tried to get a refund, the agent said oh yes our mistake due to a "technical issue." They assured me they refunded it, and it turned out to be a "credit" to my "account." I again pressed them to send me my money. They said they would send me a paper check in the mail, but it turned out they had the wrong address and we had to correct that too. Still waiting to see if I get that check in the mail.

I then talked to another agent at length trying to make sure they delete my debit card information so they don't "accidentally" charge me for anything. I will never do business with Xfinity again, I will give them no more excuses to "accidentally" scam me. Still waiting to see if they can do this for me or if there are more "technical issues" that involve them stealing from me. Xfinity is a bully and a parasite. They know their service is trash and they are probably bleeding customers right now. It is deeply immoral to try to cover their financial gaps by stealing from customers, and former customers.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I could write a book from how many techs and service calls have been to my address to fix my poor internet speeds and TV buffering issues. I have a large lot and they installed a longer line from tap to main house and then extended to pool house. After three attempts to get TV fixed, they put in a new line saying the old RG line wasn't large enough and after doing a healthy test discovered it wasn't strong enough and so they replaced it. I've had this line in for over a year and been paying for subpar performance only to learn yesterday it was the wrong line. Then because I've bought two extenders to try to get internet connection and it still registered a 3mb speed instead of the 300mb I pay for (I pay $186.00) a month, I requested a new hard line to be installed into the pool house. They said it would be an additional 64 month making it now 250 a month.

I set up an appointment and after numerous techs (4) coming late or too early- one walked by my window at 7:30am as I was getting dressed- I finally had an Xfinity troubleshooter show up to tell me that they should have informed me that two modems to one IP address is not smart and causes even more issues in connection and so he advised me to go out and hire an IT team and buy a router and an ethernet cable and run it off the main modem and it would also save money. So he canceled the order and I'm back at square one with no good internet but a better TV line.

I called the executive offices- (here's the number as it's hard to find- 1-215-286-1700. The first lady who answered spent over an hour with me on the phone writing down all the issues, citing the dates of complaints and referencing all the techs who had come out. She said she would pass it on to Aletha- the person who handles it when it is escalated. Aletha called me at 7:45pm to ask me if my issue was resolved. I explained no and told her that the guy explained he shouldn't have been sent out to put two modems to one address and to get a router and ethernet line. She actually had the nerve to tell me- Well then it's clear Xfinity isn't the problem and he explained that to you. I said, "What?" How can you say that?

I've been paying for performance I've not received and then spent over 9 hours waiting for reps and being home on 4 different dates to have it resolved and missing work... She cut me off and said, "We don't credit for time spent." I'm like how about for money spent the last year for not getting what I was paying for. She said my last call for a service tech to come out was 9 months ago but failed to recall all the calls I made to local dept to complain when service was out and I couldn't work (online teacher who depends on high speed internet). She said she'd credit me 100 dollars and that was all she would do and that was more than she should as I just called last week for service! I explained I would not consider 100 dollars to be an acceptable resolution as that isn't even the issue.

The issue is I still don't have proper internet service speeds and pay for it. I said I'd file it with the BBB and she said to go ahead as it would just come right back to her and I'd get the pleasure of talking to her again. Her name is Aletha and I hope everyone floods her phone so she can resolve their problems. I will be filing complaints with the FCC and BBB as I'm still paying for internet speeds which are not what I'm receiving and paid for over a year for a TV connection with buffering and loss of signal which they also aren't compensating for but admitted they used the wrong line. Horrible company service but they know my options are limited in this Florida location so they treat it as a monopoly and don't care.

-Tammy F.

Original review: April 20, 2022

Xfinity Comcast are the worst company ever. I'm so upset because my bill went from $74 a month to $160, $266, and now 412.00. WTF. I just got the email today that they disconnected my services and for me to turn in the equipment. I have 10 days to turn it in, but they already added the charge for not turning in the equipment, and I just got the email today. My service was disconnected a month ago and they still charge me for this month of service and I have been disconnected a month ago.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I had other internet provider for 9 years before having Xfinity. The only reason that I choose Xfinity is because there’s no other provider available on Fort Lewis McChord Base. Ever since I got the services I’ve been having issues with services, monthly payments, etc. The most ridiculous of all is having people living on the same state with Xfinity services paying less amount for 5 time velocity that you have and for way less. There’s more to say but...!!

Original review: April 12, 2022

I do not know how these companies are allowed to exist. Slow service, customer service is overseas with bad English, and they charge so much money for service that always drops signal, very sad, CON CAST is terrible. I pay $300 a monthly for this terrible crap, I'm so sad.

Xfinity Internet Company Information