Comcast Internet Service

Comcast Internet Service
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.41/5
Based on 1,061 ratings submitted in the last year

Comcast Internet Service Reviews

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

When they sold me the fastest (and expensive) service, they never told me that the speed values ​​are nominal, in practice it is NEVER met, it barely reaches half the speed they say. On the other hand, I waited all day for the technician who came to check my installation, not only did he never come, but he lied to his company and said he was. Offered the company the filming of my cameras to verify that he never came. They didn't even worry, they just told me, "We sent another technician at another time." A disaster.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

On Friday 2/3 while getting assistance from a chat representative for my internet connection, she proceeded to tell me that while my internet connection was rebooted that I am not receiving the high speed internet I am paying for because my modem is not compatible. This is news to me. How would I know my modem is not compatible? Why is she the first person to tell me I haven't had the high speed internet that I was advertised in my bundle package? I chat with representatives on a monthly basis and everyone turned a blind eye? Am I a tech employee at Xfinity? No I don't know the first thing about modems and internet speed but I trust that company I am paying for and have used for about 10 years would be honest and provide me with the correct service.

It turns for the two years I have had the highest speed internet that I was actually only using the 2nd lowest amount. I truly am disappointed at how misguided I was but I assume they will have some kind of resolution and refund. That's when I was totally treated like crap. Today 2/10 I spoke to Kris, Jett **, Juliene and probably a few more via xfinity chat and they did nothing but pass me around to the next person, manipulate the situation, gaslight me and offer me $10 credit - yes like a hooker.

The amount Xfinity overcharges is insane, but the fact they could not acknowledge their unethical behavior, false advertising and scamming was the highest level of greed I've experienced from a service. They told me I could have done this or that - when no, I am a PAYING customer I didn't know I had to also do machine checks. I am not dropping this issue and will continue to spread it. I assume I will not receive the refund I am owed for the money I spent on a service I did not get. I am DONE with xfinity. I've put up with this abuse too long. They should be in jail.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I wanted to keep my service but Comcast isn’t offered in the town I just moved to. Because of that, I had to pay an early termination fee. The support rep said I should have considered that before buying my new house. 1. That’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard 2. My job requires me to live in this town so, I didn’t have a choice.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I received Comcast internet in August of 2019. The junction box where the internet line is connected is approximately 200 feet from my house. When the internet was installed and the line was run, it was within a week when a guy came out and call himself burying the cable line. I contacted Comcast and the same guy came out and tried to scoop up dirt and put over the line. I noticed what he was doing and told him that would not work because the lawnmower would hit the line causing me to be without internet. He said that a new line would have to be installed and reburied.

I have made 7 appointments and even went to the local Comcast office to see if I could get this problem resolved. Every time, someone cancels the appointment. I have spent hours trying to resolve this issue. Even last night a representative was supposed to call me but they didn’t. Another broken promise. If I had a business and it was run like this, I would have been out of business a long time ago.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I have been with Comcast for about 3 years now, but in the past year I have been given the runaround concerning the dependability of my internet service. About a month ago I requested a tech to come out and fix my sporadic connectivity. He then diagnosed that it was my ethernet that was the problem. I immediately took my computer in for an ethernet upgrade and general maintenance. $200 later, I am experiencing the same exact problem. The company at this time has charged me $70 for sending a service call that "wasn't Xfinity's fault".

Two technicians later, as the final tech that I was interesting in dealing with tells me the same diagnosis, and leaves. Moments later my internet goes out, so I call the tech and ask what has happened. He says that he forgot to rewire in a rf filter into my personal cable, which he was doing at that moment. My internet works fine now after complaining one year and spending $270 dollars later. I swear that If I ever need another tech out for any reason that I will cancel my professional relationship with xfinity before I ever call anyone out. I have since contacted an agent about dropping the $70 charge for the mis-diagnosis charge, and have had no reply since. I am very displeased with this and am sorry that the only competitor in the area does not promise the speed of xfinity, but I would happily abandon Xfinity for something dependable at any speed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Yes yes yes. Comcast Xfinity is a public menace. I have only negatives about it as many people do, I live in the apartment building where I have to use comcast service. Comcast will squeeze you, but this days we need to have an internet.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I changed my monthly plan which never went into effect for the first time. Called again and was quoted a different plan with higher price. Wasted an hour but issue got never resolved. Looking to switch to another provider.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I've had too many awful experiences with this company to capture them all and the only reason they are still in business is that they have Monopolies over fast internet in more areas then they should. You call to complain about some random fee they put on your bill on they try to upsell you and lock you into contracts. They add fees or higher them without informing you. They allow you to go over a maximum usage (you didn't know there was a maximum? Neither did we) without informing you and charge you hundreds of dollars until you notice your next bill.

Even one past experience I had canceled and they charged for the NEXT month. When calling to get it back they informed me they were sending a check and all was well. No check arrived. I called again and they said my account was still open and no check was sent. They again canceled and said a check was on the way. No check came. I called AGAIN and did the same thing. Next thing I know, someone is calling me to pick up a Cable Box that I supposedly had... but I NEVER had cable in my house. They STILL have my money they took AFTER I canceled and refuse to give it back until some fictitious cable box is returned. Did I mention you don't get the speed you pay for? This company is a joke and they train their customer service representatives to gouge their customer and take as much as they can no matter what.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

This is the worst internet provider you can choose. Unfortunately, I have no choice where I live and they know it. I pay for the most expensive, fastest service and several times a week I can't even get a connection, let alone a fast one. I truly despise this company.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Our 2nd home to use Comcast just had a crazy increase of over $25 per month on our bill. Our primary home has been using Comcast for phone, internet, and television for over 25+ years. It is absolutely ridiculous to pay that much more a month for a home we are not even in that often/regularly. We asked about a discount, but they are only giving discounts for new customers. Which I understand, however this is a second account with them that I have - and after being a 25+ customer, it'd make sense as a business to cut a deal with you for multiple accounts.

We also inquired about an internet access-only package for the 2nd house, as we are not always there. They said that package was only for "new customers only". I find it incredibly poor on their customer service end that they not only can't work out a multiple home deal for those with 2+ accounts, but also that they only offer these discounts and special packages for new customers only. What a complete mess. We otherwise enjoy Comcast at our primary residence, however will be switching to Fios or another provider that can provide us with basic internet for cheaper, which is really all that we need.

Not sure about Comcast Internet Service?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Internet Service Provider for you.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team