1.88/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2575 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Have been a customer of Comcast internet service for 10 years. Recently decide to move and upgrade the service. Called customer service and ordered the move/upgrade, and was told that I will get confirmation once the moving date is arranged. Waited for 3 days, nothing happened. Followed up with customer service, and was told the survey team has been sent to the site two days ago, but needs 5 business days to have results. So after another two business days, call the customer service again. Surprisingly, Comcast lost track of all the information about moving service/service upgrade.

I was transferred between customer service, customer resolution Dept., Moving Dept. many times, and was told the new address is not serviceable. Very frustrated about the experience of being kicked around many Depts and repeatedly saying the same things to different agents from all over the world. Also Comcast did not notify their finding timely. What if I did not call them for a month? Feels like the entire Customer service is totally disorganized. Another thing driving me nuts is the unserviceable address they referred to is not the one I gave! Spent hours with customer service, totally a waste of time! Enough with Comcast's customer service, Goodbye!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Comcast has already been fined $2.3 million dollars for billing fraud and is still at it with their 1TB data caps. I have a secure internet connection where all traffic is monitored on my end. In 10 days Comcast claims I have used 366GB while my own meter shows 131GB. They use an outside company called Netforce to monitor the data usage and claim it is 94% accurate. I have had to call 3 times now on this issue and have been told that it was escalated to Netforce and if they don't find any wrongdoing then I'm responsible for their claimed data usage. The 1TB cap is pointless, it does not cost them any extra money to continue providing you internet and you're charged a premium for every 10GB of data used over that 1TB. It's amazing that gas and electricity utilities can accurately measure usage and Comcast can't but still expects to be able to bill you based on it.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Xfinity is very expensive, and they do not set expectations correctly. Their most recent internet outage (yes, there are several), was promised to be fixed in 2 hours. Six hours later, I am still without critical internet access that I need to meet a 9 am deadline. If you are lucky enough to have other options, do take them.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I switched to Comcast at the beginning of 2018. In April they sent a crew out to finally bury the new line. That crew tore up my yard and left the job 1/2 done. I had to call to send another crew out and they dug their own line as not be responsible for the damage of the first crew. I have called Comcast several times and even got the contractors to admit their fault. But here we are in December and my yard is still destroyed. They tell me it’s escalated but no call to follow up. I’ve paid a lot of money and all I have received is a $20 credit and a trench going through my back yard. I guess I will have to call customer service once again to try and resolve and have hem ignore me once again. In summary there has to be a better way and I intend to find it.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Lots of outages that affect all of our services. They cut through a main sprinkler line which has caused high water bills, dead plants and costly sprinkler repair. I have called 7 times in two months without a return call. The manager that I finally spoke to was arrogant and could not give a darn if we kept their services or not.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We signed up for service over a month ago. Still no service. Two service appointments, the first was a no show by Xfinity on 12/3, after driving an hour and waiting for 4 hours for the tech to show up. Our next appointment, (and the earliest they could schedule), was scheduled for tomorrow 12/9, between 5 and 7 pm. They called tonight (12/8) to inform us the tech rescheduled for 1-3, a time we could not accommodate. I was informed by the rep, rudely, "She did not have to apologize to me". Thinking of heading to small claims court for the waste of my time. Horrible, horrible experience and extreme waste of time. Oh! And she (the latest of many inept reps) informed me if I didn't want to continue service, I had to personally return the equipment or be charge 60 dollars for them to pick it up. Again, horrible experience.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Do not get a Xfinity prepaid internet box. We purchased one for 100 dollars. The service was to be 40 dollars a month, which seemed like a great deal. Not. After connecting the box we only had service to one room in the house and that was sketchy, cutting on and off consistently. We called the company. They sent out a technician, who explained that was what we were paying for. It didn’t get any better. Boost will not take the box back after their salesman assured us this box would work. We are just out 100 dollars with no one at Comcast or Boost willing to fix this situation.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

6 years of dealing with the world’s worst company who would rather Ignoring their terrible pricing structure designed to make you pay AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Their customer support doesn’t care, will lie to you and is just plain useless most of the time. I’ve had it all from being charged a rental modem to having service outages that are “my” fault. “My modem is too old”. Yes the same modem they’re charging me to “rent”. Which they also JUST had me upgrade it the year before. Comcast. If it were possible to give 0 stars like you deserve I would. Also, let’s not forget these stupid data caps you’ve shoved down our throats. 99% of people don’t use 1TB is absolute crap. Even if that were true why doesn't paying for a faster speed increase your cap? One word. Greedy.

As an IT professional I’m aware that networking is expensive, but most of these systems you have are in place and data “usage” should have little to no effect especially considering how you throttle each customer in a given area during high load times (or your aging equipment simply can’t handle it). Either improve your infrastructure or pocket the money. I don’t have to tell you which Comcast is doing. In short: Thanks for 6 years of terrible service. Cannot wait for the opportunity to drop you. The moment something comparable/better comes along, I’d gladly pay double simply to be rid of you. Consider that Comcast executive. We are NOT happy. Very few business survive when customers are not happy and YOU have just been lucky, forceful, manipulative and the only one around. We’ll break up soon. I promise.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Package mailed to new address before I even move in. Started my service date 3 days before I even moved into new apartment. Local store pushes to bundle package with tv/internet, phone and gives wrong equipment to me. Billed me from the service date of 3 days before I actually moved in and had my equipment hooked up. Calling billing and management rude and uncaring. Unconcerned.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I've had to deal with Comcast since 2008 when Verizon bills got higher so I thought I'd give Comcast a chance. I believe Comcast has better TV so I got the internet service with Comcast believing all internet technology by then was the same. I have had problems from day 1 and it is always something else or my fault. I have finally realized they are full of it. How do they get away with this? I just got Gig speed thinking it would help and Guess what? Speed got slower! They are sending a tech but I expect the same old BS! STAY AWAY FROM COMCAST!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

So I finally got my own apartment and needed to set up internet service. Initially, I was going to just get internet but the Comcast rep told me it would be a better deal to do a bundle for TV and internet. I said that's great as long as I would get 2 specific channels, to which he said they were included. Great, I got the package. However it was a lie and I never got those channels, was tricked into a 3-year contract and now have to pay to get out. When I contacted Comcast about it they said they had no notes about it, even though I had multiple techs come out for the channels. Meanwhile, they also said I would have to pay the same $90 for 250 MBPS while competition charges that much for 1GBPS when asked if they would match the competition's price they said no. I will be going to AT&T and avoid Comcast at all costs.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I live in a house where apparently they have had multiple customers not pay their bill including my ex-husband. So I recently tried to get internet service with no contract and a set fee every month. I was wondering why they were calling me about the service I requested and when I finally called them to see if I could activate my service I was told that it had been disconnected before it was even activated. When I ask why they said because of all the past customers who had not paid their bills so it was up to them whether they provided service or not. Now mind you they are the only service provider in my area. I am very pissed about this because they are holding other people's actions against me. I need this service so that my son can complete school and I can begin working from home. Worst company ever.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Been all over the 5 continents and seriously this is the worse of all. Third world countries have better internet services. We lose internet several times during the month and it takes us several hours each time to get hold of incompetent agents who can't figure the issue then we have to wait for several days to schedule a tech to come check the problem... We have decided now to cancel this extremely déclassé substandard service. Advice to users to ever never get this poor service... I still can't believe it how they can get away with this and that they are still in business.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

They sent me an extra modem and billed me double once they realized their mistake. My only options were to drive 45 minutes to return it or pay $70 for someone to come pick it up. Also, internet is slow and when initializing service the salesmen are incredibly pushy and dishonest about simple plans. I live alone and have a laptop and a cell phone, and had to ask for another rep because the first one refused to tell me about any package other than one that supports 10-15 devices. Find someone else.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Ok I have always had problems with Comcast from bad service to extremely bad customer service. I recently had to turn in Comcast the FCC for charging me an 11.00 monthly fee for my own modem stating to me that it was malfunctioning because I wasn't paying a fee. Comcast was the only company in my area so I had no other options. Finally when I moved to another area, there were other companies and I thought I would never have to deal with them again. I had given them my forwarding address so I could get the final bill.

When I got it, it said it was late now and had to be paid. They had just sent me the bill. I called to pay it and the automation wouldn't recognize my number because I canceled my account. I called Comcast. They insisted I didn't owe them anything. Knowing them as I do I asked for a supervisor who said, "Just pay the bill and we will send you a refund check if you don't owe it." He then proceeded to tell me there was going to be a 5.00 charge for not using the automation. What? This company is run by a bunch of inept pirates. Never deal with them. Worst company on the planet.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I have been a Comcast customer for 13 years and they have always been a pain. I recently received a call from customer service saying it was time to sign up for a new plan. I want to keep my current plan at the current price of 137.00. I was told if I agreed to a two year contract I would receive stars free. When I received my bill it was for 170.00 and no stars. So I called only to find out I had been lied to again. The best they would offer me was 148.00 for my current plan and no stars. Just flat out lied to. Comcast is the worse. Time to look at other options.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I've been waiting 7 weeks for Comcast to install a tap at my house. The construction team has sent 5 people out here (I missed work to wait at home for them FIVE TIMES!) and after every visit, the tech says there's no tap. Tap team is checking the box and getting paid without installing the tap. Even the techs are frustrated. I'm moving on to slower internet from DirecTV. Somebody PLEASE create some competition for Comcast.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

In July I moved from one location to another within the same city and had to make no fewer than 30 phone calls to get my new service established and learned today that they have been billing BOTH locations on my credit card since July and are refusing to refund the duplicate billing. Comcast is truly a horribly managed company and treats their customers like dirt.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Let me start with an opinion and then I'll go into factual details. Comcast customer service is absolutely the worst. The only company I have dealt with that was worse was a company that told me they couldn't help me figure out why their device was working and suggested I try Googling the issue. I suppose Comcast product is OK, it is their billing and customer service that is absolutely horrible. My first big problem with them is when they talked me into trying their gigabit internet service. While they immediately billed me for the premium service I only received the premium service for about a day, the day they signed me up.

After a long drawn out fight with them I got them to switch me back the plan I was on before and give me credit for overbilling. Initially they were going to charge me early cancellation fee to move my billing to match the product they were delivering. My current fight with them is they keep claiming I'm exceeding the 1TB data cap on the plan I'm on. They claim this is third month this has happened and now they are going to charge me overages. The problem is they refuse to support their claim.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Have been having an internet issue for a couple days now. My first time calling yesterday, I was stuck talking to a recording for ~30 minutes only to be told to unplug and replug my router, which I had already done on my own. I thought maybe it would fix itself and left it alone for the day. Now today my internet still no longer works for longer than 10 minutes, and every time it goes down requires that I go and reset the router again. I call again and was stuck talking to a automated voice message for a frustrating amount of time.

The lady who helped me was useless, and basically the only thing she could do for me was explain to how to unplug and plug in my router... I explained that I had done this exact same thing multiple times and requested that she do something else, but she insisted on doing it this way. My internet began to work after I reset it as it had been, which I explained to her and asked for a number I could call to directly speak to a live representative in case the problem continued. The number she gave me when I called, was not a valid number. TERRIBLE customer service!!! WHAT'S UP COMCAST???

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Beware of XFINITY! On 2 different occasions my across the street neighbor called for service. While the technician was up the pole doing whatever was asked of them, we got disconnected. We asked the tech to please fix it before he left. At this point the technician said that he couldn't because he had other appointments. When we called customer service, we are told that they could schedule a tech to fix it in 3 to 4 days. Unacceptable! This happened not once, but twice with zero compensation for our inconvenience. Our son couldn't do any school work as all assignments are online. I work as an online tutor so I couldn't work for 3 days. Be very aware of their total lack of customer care.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

They are the worst company I have ever in my close to fifty years of business experience ever had the displeasure of working with. It is better for you to use your cell phone data line and pay whatever it costs, than to have to sign up with this company. They overpromise and underdeliver. I wish I could use expletives to vent my anger at the level of bad that they put me thru. Please do your due diligence and never sign up with them!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have had Comcast forever now. 3 months ago fiberoptics were dug and installed (I lost service during this so many times I lost count and stopped calling). The outage reflected on bill only small dollar amounts! Now last 3 months I've gotten my bill $260.00 almost each month. My regular bill is $70.00 *Comcast charging over usage of internet.

Never have I gone over nor was I ever advised a cap on usage! Comcast refuses to reduce bill and I was told by a supervisor after I said AT&T has been actively knocking on my door weekly btw that if me as a valued customer if they did not advise me to remove charges if not I would switch to AT&T. *Supervisor told me they would not remove charges and I should go to AT&T. Being a valued customer means nothing to them so bye bye... Comcast!!! Please investigate this as Comcast is acting as a monopoly without concern or care for its customers! My bill this month is $405.00 for a contract of $70.00. Wtf???

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Local sales rep told me if I wasn't happy in 6 months I could cancel without any penalty. I still have this on my Facebook account. I was deceived on how much data we would get. I was told unlimited by him and then I was over billed 50-70 a month for over usage. The data was never disclosed upfront. When I cancelled service, they billed me $405 for terminating early, I have tried several times to get bill taken care of, but they refuse and are now threatening to turn me over for collections.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

No matter what level of internet I pay for, I'm always getting below 10 Mbps. It funny too how when I call to complain my internet will suddenly be faster for a few day. ISPs falsely advertise their internet speeds by saying "up-to" even though I have never once seen it achieve the advertised speed. Not. Once. I think the fact that internet stopped will suddenly increase after calling them to complain is the proof in the pudding. They also keep trying to put the blame on my modem. I have a very good modem only a few months old. Plus I would be getting NO internet if it was the modem, not slow internet. COMCAST YOU CROOKS, I HOPE THE GOVERNMENT HOLDS YOU ACCOUNTABLE!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Horrible service. Technical support reps are DISRESPECTFUL so is the supervisor, Ronald was his name (at least what he told me) badge ID ** (don’t know if it’s even legit). Asked a support rep to transfer me to her supervisor but she very rudely said he’s going to tell you the same thing and put me back in the queue to deal with another tech support rep. Then finally got transferred to the supervisor, I told him about the situation. He offered no help and said, "A technician can only show up at a certain time. If you are not available you’ll have to make someone else available" (thanks for making it so convenient not like I pay anything) after I told him 10 times no one is available at the time he’s purposing.

Then I asked to close my account. First he contacted the wrong department (Billings) then he contacted loyalty somewhere. Alex answered and asked me why I want to close my account. After I told him the whole story he ENDED THE CALL on me and never called back. Don’t tell me you didn’t have my contact number to call back. If you ever do it’s on my account. Thank you Comcast for such great treatment. Now close my account and refund me for last week and a half I spent without no internet service, home vintage phone (requires internet connection) and TV (set-top box requires wi-fi). I won’t miss you at all Comcast.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I've had Xfinity internet since July 2017, after which my bill went up $30 for the SAME speed, they like to hide behind the ''promotion'' as an excuse. When you go into chat to complain and ask to lower your bill, they disconnect your internet service, lie to you, etc... It's happened quite a few times tonight. $104 just for internet service is an outrage! It's 2018, they know you need internet and my choices are limited. They need to be investigated for their dishonesty! I've given my loyalty and what do I get in return? Higher costs, lies and disconnecting my service for it to reconnect sometime later. If you have other options, stay away from this awful company!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

On Sept 3 I ordered internet service. Tech showed up the next day and said the only Sage installation would be underground. I received notice on Sept 5 of the pending install. Service was to be activated in approximately 4 weeks. I called on Oct 12 and was told my order was canceled and that I would have to speak with a specific manager. Numerous calls were not returned. I called customer service again and was told I was canceled because I did not register my modem in time. I escalated again and was told the manager would review my case and get back to me. I got a follow up call saying they were working on it, and heard nothing more.

More than a week later on Nov 2 I called again and was told the same thing. They escalated and got PERMISSION to reissue the order, but was told the $24.99 promo pricing was no longer available - it would be $34.99. This is the worst customer experience I have had in many years. Avoid dealing with this company! This should be 0 stars - a complete waste of time.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Very bad experience! Rude people and they always overcharge! I called so many times and they kept me on hold, asked for supervisors and no one ever transferred! Very bad people and bad company. Do not use them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

They don't understand the issue, their agents have the intelligence of 3 year olds, completely unprofessional. They repeat the same thing over and over, it takes days for them to fix the issue, you have to hold hours to get the right department. THEY NEED TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs