3.7/5 (4489 ratings)

About Xfinity Internet

Comcast Internet Service has Flex 4K streaming and hotspot services. Find the right speed of service for your home by answering a few simple questions to have Comcast match you with the right plan. Comcast Internet Service also has advanced security features that block online threats to connected devices through its free Gateway service.

Pros

• Frequent deals
  • No-contract options
  • Reliable speed

Cons

• Service can be pricey

Bottom Line

Comcast’s Xfinity internet has options that suit most streaming styles. Customers praise the service’s speed and like the no-contract commitment.

Top Xfinity Internet Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Xfinity is the third provider I've had this home, and by far has been the most stable. Especially with me having a teenaged gamer in the house. I also love the ability to be just ...

Verified

I have been with Comcast for now for four years. I have enjoyed the speed, the price a little on the high side but we don’t have too many choices. Before I used Comcast I [had] an...

Comcast Xfinity internet plans

Xfinity internet plans are organized by speed, ranging from 15 Mbps, ideal for one to two devices and light streaming, to 2,000 Mbps, which is good for whole-home connectivity and multiplayer gaming. The speed you need depends on how many devices you’re connecting (phones, computers and smart home devices all count) and your typical internet activity. For most individuals and small families, 100 to 200 Mbps is sufficient.

Xfinity availability

Xfinity provides services in select states. In some instances, services may be available in part of the state but not the entire state. Contact Xfinity to see if service is available in your area.

Xfinity is available in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity internet prices

The price of Xfinity varies depending on the streaming speed you need. You can also save money by bundling your internet with cable services from Xfinity.

Speed# of devicesGood forStarting cost
15 Mbps1 - 2Music downloads, light streaming$49.95/mo
100 MbpsUp to 5Music downloads, light streaming$77.95/mo
200 MbpsUp to 8Multiple device streaming$39.99/mo
300 MbpsUp to 11HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$59.99/mo
600 Mbps12+HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$69.99/mo
1000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$79.99/mo
2000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$299.95/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity offers no-contract plans that allow you to cancel your service at any time without paying an early termination fee. Many of the company’s plans offer introductory rates or deals, which means the rate you’re quoted may only apply for the first 12 to 24 months of service. After this period, the fee may increase without warning.

Xfinity equipment

You can rent or buy equipment from Xfinity, including routers and modems, to support your internet plans. Xfinity also offers smart home equipment, including security cameras. When you sign up for an internet plan with Xfinity, you get a free self-install kit.

xfi gateway
xFi Gateway

The xFi Gateway is a modem and router in one. You can rent the xFi Gateway for $14 a month.

xfi pods
xFi Pods

xFi Pods are Wi-Fi extenders designed to combat dead spots. These ensure large homes have complete coverage.

xfinity camera
Xfinity Camera

These cameras capture and record live HD video. The camera can detect motion from people, pets and vehicles. Indoor/outdoor usage.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

How fast is Xfinity internet?
Xfinity offers a range of speeds that start at 15 Mbps and go up to 2 Gbps. Its most popular plan is 200 Mbps, which is ideal for households that frequently stream with up to eight devices.
Are Comcast and Xfinity the same thing?
Yes. Comcast owns the Xfinity brand. You may see services referred to as Comcast Xfinity or simply Xfinity, but both names refer to the same service.
What kind of modem does Xfinity use?
Xfinity offers the xFi Gateway, which is a router and modem in one. You can rent it from Xfinity as part of your internet service plan.
Does Xfinity charge equipment fees?
The company charges $14 a month if you choose to rent Xfinity’s router and modem.

Is Xfinity internet good?

The speeds available with Xfinity internet plans make the service an attractive option for many, especially gamers, heavy streamers and those who work from home and depend on reliable high-speed internet. Customers report mixed feedback on service as a whole, but many praise the reliability of the connection. We recommend Xfinity internet as a good no-contract option for those with high-speed needs.

Xfinity Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Internet?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I realize XFinity (Comcast) is often criticized. However, I have found them to be very responsive to an alert from me about an outage. First, they will identify if there is trouble in the area and, if so, when the problem with be resolved, or they will provide relatively easy automated instructions that I may use to get things up and rolling again if the issue is just at my house, and, finally. XFinity will call back to establish that the issue in the area has been resolved and that we are back online or make sure the boosted signal they sent to our unit brought us back into service.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I have never had a problem in service going out and the speed is amazing and in times when I needed customer service they are the greatest. I believe when the service did go out briefly we were notified of circumstances and when to expect service I go on and on saying good things. Price is very reasonable as well and you can get a service tech out pronto if you need one. Also, very reasonable for service call and most of the time no charge. If you move you can do the service one two three yourself to change address.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

XFinity came out with a plan a couple years ago to help low income people be able to afford the internet. I was sure it would be a slowed down version but after several years of escalating fees and costs I bought it. And I am so glad I did! For $9.95 per month I can be on the 'net all day, play my computer games all night and no problems. The one time I had a problem it was handled quickly and efficiently by a tech. It has been great for this senior on a limited income.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

XFinity, previously called Comcast, has its ups and downs. Downsides: can be expensive if you don't push for a discount, the company doesn't sell modems anymore and it's expensive to rent one or to Buy your own, repairmen charge you for calls, $75, even when they say they won't or the problem is XFinity's fault. Upsides: they've gotten better at not having outages or slowdowns caused by too much internet traffic. Better than CenturyLink by miles.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Paying for 100 mbps boost and find often speed is less than expected. Running through the normal reboot of modem/router manually or through their website does not necessarily correct the intermittent speed results. A call to customer service forces you to another reboot before you can get a live agent which is very frustrating. If they can’t solve the issue they schedule a site visit but you get a tier two call later from a difficult to understand agent who again tries to solve the issue. Magically before your site visit issue seems better but after some time the cycle repeats.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

My equipment was never delivered... I have tried for hours to contact by phone/text/email/login etc. ALL ROUTES OF Communication insufficient to report simple problem with delivery of equipment package. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Clearly they want to take your money and care less about delivery.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I've had this service for three years and repeatedly have issues with the internet service going out completely or extremely low signal, often less than 10Mbps. They have come to my home multiple times and fix one issue but never seem to get it completely fixed for long. The price is high compared to their competition, but unfortunately, they are the only provider in my area that offers internet above 25Mbps.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Comcast is horrible. I had one of their routers in my kitchen and lightning struck my house. A domino effect caused their router to blow the GFCI in my kitchen. I drafted a Letter of Complaint to Comcast's corporate office and subsequently a supervisor came out to my home to survey the damage. He advised me that an electrician would come to my mom to make the repair.

The gentleman arrived, days later, made repair and provided me with his card. I didn't look at the card until the man was preparing to depart my home, wanting to use his proper name, I looked at the card. I realized in that moment that he was merely a handy man and not a licensed electrician. I did not believe that a supervisor had committed such an act of poor judgment. Comcast corroborated this poor decision. I wanted to sue Comcast in the State of Georgia but I could not locate an aggressive attorney that would go after Comcast in court. I ended up leaving the state. Comcast and Georgia Power were thorns in my side for seven years. That my people, was the year of completion.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

After contacting 4 different customer support agents, still no internet after a week. We changed addresses (we moved) and apparently that is too much for them to handle. I scheduled an install today and they never showed up so I am without internet for another week… because the next time they say they will show up is yet another week from now. I do not suggest this company and if I could choose another provider, I gladly would. And I suggest you do so if you don't already have Xfinity installed in your home. Spend your money on someone who will actually show up when they say they will.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I think it's great. Comes with lots to watch using a stick. I think the price is fantastic. If I won a lottery I would buy this for all my neighbors. Also renewing this is very simple using a link from your phone.

Xfinity Internet Company Information