Call Now Toll Free
Shop on FYI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Comcast Internet Service has Flex 4K streaming and hotspot services. Find the right speed of service for your home by answering a few simple questions to have Comcast match you with the right plan. Comcast Internet Service also has advanced security features that block online threats to connected devices through its free Gateway service.

BOTTOM LINE

Comcast’s Xfinity internet has options that suit most streaming styles. Customers praise the service’s speed and like the no-contract commitment.

PROS

• Frequent deals
  • No-contract options
  • Reliable speed

CONS

• Service can be pricey

Top Comcast Internet Service Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comcast Internet Service?

Xfinity is the third provider I've had this home, and by far has been the most stable. Especially with me having a teenaged gamer in the house. I also love the ability to be just about anywhere and connect to their hotspot service.

I have been with Comcast for now for four years. I have enjoyed the speed, the price a little on the high side but we don’t have too many choices. Before I used Comcast I [had] another company and you’ll have a problem like every six months but so far and had no problem Comcast.

Comcast Internet Service Call Now Toll Free (866) 471-5523 Shop on FYI

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

Comcast Xfinity internet plans

Xfinity internet plans are organized by speed, ranging from 15 Mbps, ideal for one to two devices and light streaming, to 2,000 Mbps, which is good for whole-home connectivity and multiplayer gaming. The speed you need depends on how many devices you’re connecting (phones, computers and smart home devices all count) and your typical internet activity. For most individuals and small families, 100 to 200 Mbps is sufficient.

Xfinity availability

Xfinity provides services in select states. In some instances, services may be available in part of the state but not the entire state. Contact Xfinity to see if service is available in your area.

Xfinity is available in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity internet prices

The price of Xfinity varies depending on the streaming speed you need. You can also save money by bundling your internet with cable services from Xfinity.

Speed# of devicesGood forStarting cost
15 Mbps1 - 2Music downloads, light streaming$49.95/mo
100 MbpsUp to 5Music downloads, light streaming$77.95/mo
200 MbpsUp to 8Multiple device streaming$39.99/mo
300 MbpsUp to 11HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$59.99/mo
600 Mbps12+HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$69.99/mo
1000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$79.99/mo
2000 MbpsUnlimitedSmart homes, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming$299.95/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity offers no-contract plans that allow you to cancel your service at any time without paying an early termination fee. Many of the company’s plans offer introductory rates or deals, which means the rate you’re quoted may only apply for the first 12 to 24 months of service. After this period, the fee may increase without warning.

Xfinity equipment

You can rent or buy equipment from Xfinity, including routers and modems, to support your internet plans. Xfinity also offers smart home equipment, including security cameras. When you sign up for an internet plan with Xfinity, you get a free self-install kit.

xfi gateway
xFi Gateway

The xFi Gateway is a modem and router in one. You can rent the xFi Gateway for $14 a month.

xfi pods
xFi Pods

xFi Pods are Wi-Fi extenders designed to combat dead spots. These ensure large homes have complete coverage.

xfinity camera
Xfinity Camera

These cameras capture and record live HD video. The camera can detect motion from people, pets and vehicles. Indoor/outdoor usage.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

How fast is Xfinity internet?
Xfinity offers a range of speeds that start at 15 Mbps and go up to 2 Gbps. Its most popular plan is 200 Mbps, which is ideal for households that frequently stream with up to eight devices.
Are Comcast and Xfinity the same thing?
Yes. Comcast owns the Xfinity brand. You may see services referred to as Comcast Xfinity or simply Xfinity, but both names refer to the same service.
What kind of modem does Xfinity use?
Xfinity offers the xFi Gateway, which is a router and modem in one. You can rent it from Xfinity as part of your internet service plan.
Does Xfinity charge equipment fees?
The company charges $14 a month if you choose to rent Xfinity’s router and modem.

Is Xfinity internet good?

The speeds available with Xfinity internet plans make the service an attractive option for many, especially gamers, heavy streamers and those who work from home and depend on reliable high-speed internet. Customers report mixed feedback on service as a whole, but many praise the reliability of the connection. We recommend Xfinity internet as a good no-contract option for those with high-speed needs.

Comcast Internet Service Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comcast Internet Service?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

Signing up for Xfinity has been nothing short of a DECEPTIVE NIGHTMARE. We purchased services after relocating to the Colorado area which went smoothly. Due to an error by our leasing company the unit number was incorrect which required that we update all our necessary contacts. Updating it with Xfinity caused them to have to change our work order date which luckily we caught within the hour and asked them to switch it back. Initially we thought everything was switched seamlessly but come to find out there were changes made that were not discussed. We initially signed up during the promotional period of August to get 1000 MBPS and 140+ channels for a 12/mo NO contract for $84.99.

After digging deeper into our plan on Sept. 10 we found out they downgraded our service to 600MBPS, 120+ channels for 24 months with a contract for $105/mo. Having called the customer service department the first time I was dismissed and told of other promotions. Calling back later on I was told that an initial credit of $100 is all they could do which didn’t come close to covering the added charges or rectifying the issue. At about 25 minutes into the phone call they told me now the max credit they can offer was $240. I told them this too does not change the fact that the plan is completely different. I logically and calmly explained the reason I did not want a contract or the new plan was because Xfinity will charge you if you move to somewhere that does not have coverage and your service is unable to transfer (bad for renters).

At about 40 minutes I got to speak with the supervisor who overall blamed me for not reading a short confirmation text message when they CHANGED THINGS WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE and she wanted to pull a phone recording to prove that we were at fault. They tried multiple times to get us to settle with a new plan that would still be more money and for less service than we originally agreed too.

This experience with Xfinity has been nothing short of a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE experience. They first SCREW up our work order date, DOWNGRADE our services and CHARGE us more, DECEIVE me, LIE to me, and have the nerve to BLAME me. Currently I am awaiting a phone call at the beginning of the week to see whether or not it is our fault for the screw up when in fact it was not. Xfinity is overall unwilling to remedy the situation, accept responsibility, and move forward. I have never experienced this level of TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have read other reviews of similar experiences and should have been more careful with giving them my business. I will be doing everything in my power to prevent anyone, moving to our area, from using XFINITY service!! EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED AND OUTRAGED!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I've been a customer for 19 years I think it is. They used to be pretty good. Now, useless. They blame their incompetence on covid 19. Yeah, right. Millions of people work from home. They just got rid of a lot of agents and now you get a merry go round suggesting you try and handle your questions/problems online. You can't. If you have any trouble with billing, might as well stuff your question in a bottle and float it in your swimming pool. They started adding new ridiculous charges when I changed my plan to save money. After they added all the new charges (e.g. $14.95 for a "Voice command" channel changer) the bill is actually higher. Said they were sending me new equipment. All I got was a cord! Hopeless company. If you have any other choice, go for it. I don't.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Comcast’s customer service is terrible. Their internet is nice and fast but they don’t care about their customers at all. They take hundreds of dollars from you per month but can’t even go above and beyond for you. For any reason. I can’t stand them and I’m tired of them taking money from them but being terrible. I’ve been a customer since 2006, I shouldn’t even be getting this type of treatment from them. They’ve become money hungry.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

We have had Comcast Internet Service for 15 years now. We are now in the process of cancelling the service. Too many internet outages, terrible Customer Service system, they just won't send technicians home to check out the problems. After spending a lot of time the past three months on the phone with Comcast agents, we are getting ATT to provide internet service.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I haven’t been a Comcast customer for a month and I constantly have dropped or buffering service. All days, all times of the day and it can’t keep service. I’ve moved my router/modem and consistently have to unplug to refresh. I’ve had Centurylink previously and never had issues, EVER. Moved to a new home and unfortunately Comcast is the ONLY option. I’ve called and they blame the modem/router. Absolutely no help!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

The absolute worst service on this planet. If they were not more or less a monopoly in my area, I'd move mountains just to find another service in hope for something more reliable. We are paying for a premium internet plan but for at least the last couple years our service has been extremely unreliable (on and off dropping of connection) and when connected, speeds are unacceptable, below advertised speeds. Though, Comcast may deny it, at this point I swear they are throttling our connection and causing intentional disconnects. If not, our neighborhood lines are in need of serious updates but as many times we make Comcast aware, they do nothing.

We have been through handfuls of modem/router replacements, modem/router firmware updates, network setting adjustments, rewired our entire home infrastructure, had numerous conversations with tech support pre Covid (good luck getting a human on the line during these Covid times), had numerous techs come out for inspections (some have done tweaks, minor repairs on external lines and components, though most of the time they tell us everything checks out fine). I'll add that the devices connected to our network are modern and kept up to date, I make sure of that. Max devices connected at once are normally 3.

Honestly, I'd be amazed if this review actually posts since I'm attempting off a device connected to our home network. The reliability has been so spotty all morning. Took almost 10 minutes for a basic google directions search to fully load. A service outage search comes back clean, yet a hard wired Xbox One can't even connect to Xbox Live.

We have been offered credits to our account due to Comcast's inability to resolve our service issue. We don't want credits. We just want our service to be reliable. We are just at our wits end with this company. Absolutely unacceptable. With their expensive plan pricing to match unreliable service, lack of technical training to their customer service staff (no, restarting the modem is not always the answer) and from what I've seen terrible online rating presence, I'm surprised a competitor has not come in and taken over, providing an overall better experience for their customers.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I have been with Comcast for many many many years. The customer service goes from bad to horrible and does not get better over time. I started a new account with them and am trying to set up a online account and needs to reset my password for my online account and they give me the hardest time and refuse to do it. With all of the different accounts I have had with them my customer service experiences have been horrible. If I could find another company after my contract is up I would leave comcast and never come back. Horrible Horrible service.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Bad Customer Service and Retention Department. A long time client calls to reduce 4 play services to just internet. After two months of request about 10 phone calls and invoice which gone up 20 % without notice or confirmation since my first call. I am disconnecting the service.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

It’s very difficult to get to talk to a real person and when you do, the only way you can get help is to purchase something more. Very difficult to work with and and they are always sneaking extra charges. Do not recommend.

Resolution response: July 27, 2020

I was able to talk to Xfinity a very good customer service agent and get the promotional price for the internet service for two years. This is great! Giving 5 stars now to Xfinity agent who helped me. Thank you!

Original review: July 27, 2020

Now my bill for basic Xfinity internet service is $80. It started $40 two years ago, then $60 and now I see the increase again for the same service. I use internet at home basically to check my emails, I have it free at work. No TV or Phone, I need just internet. $80 a month for checking email? Ridiculous. I am switching to Verizon now, unfortunately, we don't have Fios. I will have to pay for phone too, but internet with phone is $66 at Verizon. I have Verizon modem left, because I was with them 3 years ago. They also increase the price, but by $5 a year and sometimes when I call they bring the price down back. Xfinity has, basically, no competitors in our small town.

I have called today to satellite companies, but they require 2 years contract. Organizing our community of 30 households to invite accessmedia3, and called to LUMOS, but they have only plan to expand. We have to be proactive and invite more companies and switch between companies often to break monopoly. Big cities, where people have higher income, have cheaper internet due to competition between providers. We suffer from monopolistic situation.

Comcast Internet Service Company Information