2.77/5
Based on 1,007 ratings submitted in the last year

2706 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 26, 2019

Thank you so much for recommending the xFi Pods! I am in a three floor townhouse where wifi is needed in all spaces. Although I have the blast fastest internet from Comcast, our computer connections were lagging. With xFi Pods, plugging in pods on each floor, easy set-up, and now the connection is super fast. THANK YOU!!!

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have had Comcast before and wasn't very pleased with it. However my new husband has had it for several years and since he pays the bills this is what he has chosen to have. We have our land line hooked up to it too. The only thing I don't like is when Comcast is working on something or something is busted, you are never notified by even a robo call. Comcast's wifi works much better than it use to. So far so good. I had CenturyLink before and they were pretty good. Not really the overall best either. Bill kept going up and up without notice. I had a traveling notary business and sometimes they just didn't take care of me.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Modem burned out. MICHAEL that works in the business Comcast department help us out. He understood that we are a business and needed to have someone out to us fast and he got someone out to us same day! 1-2 hours! GREAT SERVICE!

Original review: July 22, 2019

I live in Palm Beach Gardens and had Comcast for last 6 years. They keep on increasing my bill. It had gone as high as $200 + for the basic package, Cable, Internet & Phone. I finally pull the plug and went with the Internet option only and got myself a good Netgear cable modem. First 2 months went just fine, and then the internet service went from bad to worst. I would lose the service for hours at a time, I called & called and called and made all attempts to have this issue corrected. Since I work from home, it created a huge problem, as of now they haven’t been able to find out why the HFC (Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial) fiber optic node keeps on dropping at their end…

Original review: July 21, 2019

Xfinity has been a pain in my ** since I started service. They couldn't get my internet to work properly in my home. With all my TVs that was hooked up my cable keep needing reboot and then I started my service on the 30th of June and they billed my account for 2 months service and took $402 on an auto pay that I did not give permission for. Shutting this down before anything else escalate. I recommend Google Fiber.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: July 16, 2019

Comcast sold me a package that they didn’t promise to. The only reason I bought the service was because of the two Channels I had specified clearly, then upon installing they were not there and they told me I had to upgrade. Then the box broke 3 times and in the third time they told me “take it to a local store to be fixed”. I called dozens of times to solve this, no avail, and no accountability for their actions. Contacted the Better Business people and they said “give them one more chance”. They offered me a ridiculous settlement, and never answered the phone again for me to follow up. They are a monopoly and feel that they can’t be touched. I have formally listed my complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and have launched a large social media campaign on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, to get others to know that this is illegal and not correct behavior.

FRAUD IS FRAUD, as a small business owner, my actions need to be accounted for, theirs need to be too. Now I am going to the press and radio with my story and expect lots of Comcast executives and shareholders to be unhappy with the results of their employees' behavior. I suggest all unhappy customers do the same and unite against this behavior. Doing the right thing to consumers is what all companies are supposed to do and are liable for - Comcast/Xfinity is not at all exempt!

Original review: July 15, 2019

I moved on June 26th and had an appointment to have service installed at my new home on July 3rd. Without any prior notification from Xfinity, my appointment was canceled. I set up another appointment for July 10th and that appointment was also canceled without any prior notification. I set up another appointment for July 13th and that appointment was rescheduled until July 20th without notifying me. I have been promised service 3 times and all 3 times my appointments have been canceled. I was promised by customer service rep Ryan ** to have 2 additional TVs on my account for no cost, and installation at no cost, due to all of the problems that I've experienced, and now I'm being told that that's not going to happen.

I called on July 13th after waiting around for my installation only to have no one show up and asked to speak to a manager. Oliver got on the phone and was very rude! I explained that I've been without internet for almost 3 weeks and wondered how I was supposed to pay my bills. Oliver responded that I can go to any Xfinity hotspot to pay my bills. Does he not know that isn't safe for someone's identity to log in to any bank or credit card account on a hotspot? He told me it's too bad, that there's nothing he would do for me.

How can a company stay in business when they treat their customers in this manner? If I didn't have Xfinity mobile I would have canceled service long ago, but I must maintain Xfinity internet to continue with Xfinity mobile. I hope and pray they start to treat their long term customers with some integrity instead of continually lying to them!!!

Original review: July 1, 2019

Comcast Business apparently couldn't offer me TV so when I transferred to Comcast Xfinity they charged me to break a contract with them to sign a new more expensive contract. You also have to sign a new contract and pay to move with Comcast Business as if moving isn't expensive enough!! To unplug and replug a modem = $199 unless you sign a new 3 yr contract then it's only $49. Worst service platform too. It's even a challenge to pay a bill. Don't do it... Anything but Comcast Office is a smarter choice.

Original review: June 30, 2019

For 13 yrs I have had your service. At best my internet speeds average less than 5 mg up and down speed. Over the years we have replaced hardware, many service calls etc. All I want is like 15 to 20 mg. Very rarely does that happen. As a company they say now up to 150 meg. Never happens. So now what???? I keep paying more for less service. The last couple of years the technical people say "my neighborhood is overloaded for years." Thanks for doing nothing for 13 years. What if I did this to Comcast as a business. What would they PAY FOR??

Original review: June 29, 2019

Comcast has been the absolute worst company I have ever received services from. I had them for almost 5 years due to them being the only provider in the area that I lived in, unfortunately. The first issue I had was receiving a notice that I would have to pay 2 payments and a late fee due to "missing" a payment, but luckily I keep receipts. Then, my roommate and I were offered a free month of basic cable and we installed the cable box ourselves so we wouldn't be charged a cancellation fee, but when the month was over we were charged, and In full, so we returned the cable box because it was fair and the bill would have been out of our budget to keep it.

Now, due to moving out of state, our services were supposed to be put on a temporary hold so we could figure out if the area we're moving to had Comcast as a provider, and would only be charged $8 a month and was never told that we would have to return the box in 10 days if the services were cut off instead, which apparently happens automatically if you live in an apartment, and if you don't return the equipment within the 10 days after your service shut off you're charged $250 for a non-return fee. I got a "courtesy" call just 3 days before the equipment was due before being charged the $250 that I was never at all told about. Why would I bring my equipment across an entire coast line if I was going to be charged this ridiculous fee? Why were my services cancelled without my permission, consent, or even notice? Why was I never told any of this information and then charged $250 for it? This is false advertisement and theft.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Absolutely the worst company in terms of customer service. Associates tell you nine different things, lie to you, and add fees for absolutely no reason that they refuse to remove. Canceled them after a year to avoid early cancelation fees even though I would have liked to have canceled them after the first month due to hidden fees. We were still charged fees for the following month (after canceling them as our cable provides) since our “promotional period ended.” Still dealing with calling them even though they are no longer our cable provider. Complete unjust, unreasonable company. Consumer fraud for charging us after we canceled them.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I had an absolute horrible experience with Comcast. I've had several, but this one tops the charts. I purchased their xFi pods. They did not work, constantly slowed down my existing Internet. I went to a retail store to return them. They would NOT take them. I went to FedEx to ship them back. Never received a refund. Comcast said, "wait 90 days." Then they will not give my money back. Essentially I gave them $130, and I don't even get to keep their crappy product. This is on top of the $300 a month I pay. Thank you for consistently being the worst.

Original review: June 28, 2019

Zero Stars if I could, furious! Our area is afflicted with regular outages, neighbors have all been calling and basically we are screwed because "Comcast knows when there are outages and will fix them as they come up." This is acceptable when it is the occasional outage but something is WRONG here!! REGULAR weekly outages and intermittent service, many of us work from home and this is ridiculous, inconsistent service w/ NO $ credit for bad service because outages aren't long enough?? What about FREQUENCY!!! "OH WELL" from XFinity/Comcast as they are the only game in this rural neighborhood so why do better.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Comcast lacks integrity, care, quality internet and reasonable rates. They jacked up their rates, promised that their regional executive would help. Gave me the evasive runaround for 2 weeks, refused to call during my availability, and then claimed they couldn't offer me anything lower. Asked for them to adjust the bill till I could secure other internet given their false promise and they refused. Despite cancelling I will still owe for 2 1/2 weeks of internet at a rate that is 4 times what I was paying and which I simply cannot afford given I'm on disability. This company should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: June 25, 2019

First of all, the service is extremely overpriced for the product you are receiving. Power Outages are a WEEKLY THING!!!! And an ALL DAY THING!! It's ridiculous! They don't even offer a promotion, deal nor a discount for leaving you a whole day without the service YOU ARE PAYING FOR! Which in our case, is on AUTOPAY to purposely avoid service disruption. This isn't a one time thing. It's a reoccurring situation they want you to deal with, and receive no special treatment on their behalf, simply because the rest of the neighborhood is experiencing the issues as well. I am forced to have Comcast. But I am counting the days until they go out of business because there's no way in hell, this type of ** can reoccur continuously with no consequences..

Original review: June 24, 2019

My internet was very slow. I checked with 5 different devices, some wired, some wifi, some direct from the modem and three different browsers. I used three different speed tests. All came out the same. I contacted tech support for my modem. They checked the firmware release, reloaded it and then an online check all came out ok. I contacted Xfinity and they did the usual "is it plugged in" all the way through sending some signals to test. They blame it on the modem or router. Certainly not their issue. Their answer is to contact the modem manufacturer even though I already did. Their only other option was to purchase a new modem. So I'm pulling into my driveway with my new $300 modem and my neighbor stops me. He asks. "Is your internet really slow lately?"

Original review: June 23, 2019

After a nice young man came to our door 2-3 times, he finally sold us. He failed to mention that with these "new high speeds" we would receive over $100 in overage charges a month. I am so upset, our bill has been 3x the normal amount. No other internet provider we have had in the past has had overage charges, they typically just slow your speeds after a certain amount of data.

The guy selling us the internet was TOLD we have 3 pre teens on tablets and phones all the time. 2 xbox's running and streaming things all of the time. He said how this new speed would be perfect and NEVER once mentioned that we might need a higher package due to our data use. I am so so upset I have wasted my time with this company. The extra $300 they have stole from us could have been used to pay a car payment. STEER CLEAR!

Original review: June 23, 2019

I learned that I do qualify for Comcast Internet Essentials internet service which Comcast provides me a free wireless modem router for. Other than that the actual service is only $9.95 per month. Comcast I.E. offers close to unlimited data or at least more than enough data for what I need for doing things online. However, after one year of mostly smooth service, Comcast seems to have lowered my connection speed. The modem made a grinding noise when I first started using the service and everything transferred smoothly. Now the modem is completely quiet... Comcast has decided to turn my transfer rate down, making my internet experience at times, so frustrating that I consider throwing my laptop computer on the floor and jumping up and down on it.

I can no longer play 2 of my favorite online games, and I can barely scroll pages of text without them freezing and stuttering. I am planning on buying a new PC and replacing my outdated laptop which might resolve some of my issues, but I have been unsuccessful in convincing Comcast to turn my transfer rate back up so that everything can run smoothly again. I don't know why they don't just turn the transfer rate back up, but it seems I might need to buy a different service if this doesn't get better.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I have had Comcast internet for the past 14 years, during that time I would lose service for one reason or another and it was not from equipment (modem or WIFI) within my home. Every time I called about it, I get the standard recording "there is an outage in your area, our technicians are working to resolve the problem, and should have it fixed by 3 pm". There have been times I would not have service for 24 to 48 hours. But would be charged for it. Now to all Comcast users you have to ask for the credit even though Comcast knows about the area outage.

Well Google Fiber finally made it to my area, and I switched over in May. I turned in all my Comcast equipment and informed the young lady that I no longer desired the services from Comcast. Upon checking my account, I noticed the only thing dropped was TV. I called Comcast to correct this, and was told the problem was corrected and that the date service ended would be changed to the 29th. Now 20 days later instead of seeing a credit for half a month, I see they are charging my bank account $150 for next month's service. Once again I called I had to explain everything, I read off the email Comcast sent verifying terminated date of service, and was then informed that billing apparently was not informed and that I was to get $200 back in 4 to 6 weeks but there was nothing they could due to stop the charge for next month.

To me they are crooks. Every month when my bill is due, they take it out of my bank. I would imagine they would charge late fees or interrupt service then a service charge to reconnect. But it takes up to six weeks for a refund. They are collecting interest on everyone's money who recently dropped Comcast service. What a money making scheme they have.

Original review: June 22, 2019

If I could give this company a minus 5 stars I would. My internet and TV are constantly down. We call and open tickets, but this company doesn't care. Plus we asked for a credit and they say they will have to investigate but never give an answer. If you live in Coconut Creek Fl, Pompano Beach Fl go to another company. They are taken over this area and do not care if you have service or not.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I was a Comcast subscriber for over 6 years. The last time last time they called about a change in service I asked, “Does this package include HGTV and the Food Network?” They said it did, or I wouldn’t have taken it. About eight months later I get a letter saying that I had been receiving these channels by a programming mistake that had been giving them to me for free, but they would now cost more if I wanted to keep them. Some marketing director must have thought he was real smart. It just ticked me off. I was already paying over $80.00/month for service and this was going to cost me an extra $10.00. I left and went with DirecTV. I paid about the same but got more channels and less bull. After that they came back and demanded $100.00 early contract cancellation. Like a fool I had thrown the letter away and wasn’t going after a lawyer for $100.00. But before I ever go back to Comcast I will go back to the radio.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The super stupid and worst service I ever have. They billed me $1745.00 for service that I already stopped it on 1/15/2019. After six month they want me to pay 1745.00. Why they dont ** know in the same time they said I am responsible for their stupid service and mistakes. I am super pass off. I called sooo many times before to solve this problem and the crazy increase but what their employee said, "It's just the same system. Just ignore it. We will fix this and will adjust this billing." So I can pay for only 15 days off service. Damn these people are a thief. I dont recommend this ** company. Dont sign up with them. 8396510768759601745157

Original review: June 18, 2019

Xfinity SUCKS!! OK after fighting for 5 years I am giving up. Have been paying Xfinity for High Speed and Boost for 5 years and am regularly getting below 100 Mbps when I am paying for 250+ Mbps. Have had techs out here 16 times and wasted probably 60+ hours over the years working with them only to get nowhere!! I would not recommend Xfinity/Comcast to my worst enemy!

Original review: June 17, 2019

First of all not only have I been a customer since the 1990s, I have worked for them (and I can tell you horror stories about their internal processes too). As a worker, I had no worries about the prices. But after I left and had to reduce my package, no matter what I did I was going to pay 200.00 per month or more. I only worked with them for two years, and prior to that I paid 120.00 for the same services. They wouldnt let me move to All-Ip either, acting like I was talking about the stream only service. In the end I switched to AT&T, only because they have fiber right in front on my house. I'm not crazy about AT&T either, but at least for a while I'm not saddled with a rudiculous bill for internet and simple cable.

Original review: June 16, 2019

I signed up with Comcast for a contract price of $50 dollars, the first month they billed me for $56.36 and the next four payments were that amount. In June the price is 60.32. They said there was an “upgrade”... But I was in contract? What is that? They are able to change the price of a contract... No bueno!

Original review: June 12, 2019

Do not go with them...this is a bottom line corporation. I sold my home and moved to another location. I tried to transfer my service to a new the new home and Xfinity was not serviceable in that area, they went as far as putting a ticket in and sending a service guy out to see if they could service, no luck. 2 months after my move I received a bill for $60.00 for early termination of contract. The contract stated if you move, and they cannot service you still have to pay a early termination fee. This is unethical to put this clause in a contract when the company cannot even service the new location, if you can service the new location and they do not transfer. I get it but when you tried your hardest for service ...not right.

My bill was normally $44.99/ month so the cancellation was more than my monthly charge as well. This is corrupt corporation and they are only worried about the bottom $$, what they do to customers is unethical and a shame. If they ever come to my area I will never sign with them again and I suggest everyone to boycott corrupt corporations like these that put clauses in contracts that state "We can't service you but you darn well bet we will charge you for cancelling early". Absolute disgrace! P.s call Customer Service and the rep and supervisor were no assistance stating they cannot void the charge...yes you can. How can you manipulate costs on bills all the time when customers threaten to change services...again all about the bottom $$.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Called Xfinity to upgrade service, was quoted a price of 162.04 and was told just have to go to Xfinity location in Nashua on Daniel Webster and pick up the cable boxes as I have my own modem. When I got there it took a little while to be called over for help. Zach the customer service rep looked up my account and gave me a higher price even though the computer showed what I was quoted. He was rude and said the reps on the phones were wrong and that the price did not include the box. He offered to get the manager but when I agreed he said the manager couldn’t help me and In fact it would be the higher price. I called order line again and another rep quoted the same exact price as the first one. Zach was rude and not professional. They thank you for your loyalty since 1997 because they are told to BUT they do not act as if you are. What a shame.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I called Comcast on 5/20/19 and specifically told them that I would like my service to begin on 05/24/2019. Today, I received a bill for their services with the billing date of 05/20/19- 06/19/19. I called Comcast and asked them, "Why am I getting billed for 4 days prior to the start of my service?" The first rep I spoke to had no explanation and the second rep I spoke to said, there was nothing they can do. I am extremely upset about this! I know it may not be a big deal to others but how can I get billed for days prior to the service begin date. This is not right!!!!

Original review: June 6, 2019

I called Comcast and asked If they could save me some money for myself and my 80 year old parents whose cable bill I pay. I have been with Comcast since 1995 and my parents have been with them since 1988. I wanted to keep the cable just the way it is with all the upgraded channels and all 4 movie channels that we had. The agent found me a better price. She said it would be $30 cheaper per bill and I said, "Ok let's do it." Within an hour and a half of getting this done she was courteous and professional. When the smoke all cleared 6 days later I've talked to 4 different people including the right hand man of Tom ** and was told nothing could be done for me and that the agent was sent back for more training.

You see what happened is the agent saved us money and took away all our movie channels and a few premium channels that was part of a Triple Play Package they discontinued. For us to get the channels back that we originally had it would cost us $40 and $50 more per mo. Again SHAME ON YOU COMCAST! I called AT&T U-verse and we are getting the same upgraded package with all movie channels for $160mo. I'm sorry to leave but the customer service I received was underhanded and wrong. Please send this message to Brian Roberts CEO of Comcast. Thank you.

Original review: June 6, 2019

The rates for packages is ridiculous. They can't offer me a lower rate for the internet (x1), phone and TV bundle than $195.00/mo! They tell me that it's a bundle and that's why it's that high so why can't I get just internet and phone for less? A friend of mine has just phone and internet service and pays less! There has to be a revision done on the price of package deals!

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs