1.91/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2559 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I've been waiting 7 weeks for Comcast to install a tap at my house. The construction team has sent 5 people out here (I missed work to wait at home for them FIVE TIMES!) and after every visit, the tech says there's no tap. Tap team is checking the box and getting paid without installing the tap. Even the techs are frustrated. I'm moving on to slower internet from DirecTV. Somebody PLEASE create some competition for Comcast.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

In July I moved from one location to another within the same city and had to make no fewer than 30 phone calls to get my new service established and learned today that they have been billing BOTH locations on my credit card since July and are refusing to refund the duplicate billing. Comcast is truly a horribly managed company and treats their customers like dirt.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Let me start with an opinion and then I'll go into factual details. Comcast customer service is absolutely the worst. The only company I have dealt with that was worse was a company that told me they couldn't help me figure out why their device was working and suggested I try Googling the issue. I suppose Comcast product is OK, it is their billing and customer service that is absolutely horrible. My first big problem with them is when they talked me into trying their gigabit internet service. While they immediately billed me for the premium service I only received the premium service for about a day, the day they signed me up.

After a long drawn out fight with them I got them to switch me back the plan I was on before and give me credit for overbilling. Initially they were going to charge me early cancellation fee to move my billing to match the product they were delivering. My current fight with them is they keep claiming I'm exceeding the 1TB data cap on the plan I'm on. They claim this is third month this has happened and now they are going to charge me overages. The problem is they refuse to support their claim.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Have been having an internet issue for a couple days now. My first time calling yesterday, I was stuck talking to a recording for ~30 minutes only to be told to unplug and replug my router, which I had already done on my own. I thought maybe it would fix itself and left it alone for the day. Now today my internet still no longer works for longer than 10 minutes, and every time it goes down requires that I go and reset the router again. I call again and was stuck talking to a automated voice message for a frustrating amount of time.

The lady who helped me was useless, and basically the only thing she could do for me was explain to how to unplug and plug in my router... I explained that I had done this exact same thing multiple times and requested that she do something else, but she insisted on doing it this way. My internet began to work after I reset it as it had been, which I explained to her and asked for a number I could call to directly speak to a live representative in case the problem continued. The number she gave me when I called, was not a valid number. TERRIBLE customer service!!! WHAT'S UP COMCAST???

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Beware of XFINITY! On 2 different occasions my across the street neighbor called for service. While the technician was up the pole doing whatever was asked of them, we got disconnected. We asked the tech to please fix it before he left. At this point the technician said that he couldn't because he had other appointments. When we called customer service, we are told that they could schedule a tech to fix it in 3 to 4 days. Unacceptable! This happened not once, but twice with zero compensation for our inconvenience. Our son couldn't do any school work as all assignments are online. I work as an online tutor so I couldn't work for 3 days. Be very aware of their total lack of customer care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

They are the worst company I have ever in my close to fifty years of business experience ever had the displeasure of working with. It is better for you to use your cell phone data line and pay whatever it costs, than to have to sign up with this company. They overpromise and underdeliver. I wish I could use expletives to vent my anger at the level of bad that they put me thru. Please do your due diligence and never sign up with them!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have had Comcast forever now. 3 months ago fiberoptics were dug and installed (I lost service during this so many times I lost count and stopped calling). The outage reflected on bill only small dollar amounts! Now last 3 months I've gotten my bill $260.00 almost each month. My regular bill is $70.00 *Comcast charging over usage of internet.

Never have I gone over nor was I ever advised a cap on usage! Comcast refuses to reduce bill and I was told by a supervisor after I said AT&T has been actively knocking on my door weekly btw that if me as a valued customer if they did not advise me to remove charges if not I would switch to AT&T. *Supervisor told me they would not remove charges and I should go to AT&T. Being a valued customer means nothing to them so bye bye... Comcast!!! Please investigate this as Comcast is acting as a monopoly without concern or care for its customers! My bill this month is $405.00 for a contract of $70.00. Wtf???

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Local sales rep told me if I wasn't happy in 6 months I could cancel without any penalty. I still have this on my Facebook account. I was deceived on how much data we would get. I was told unlimited by him and then I was over billed 50-70 a month for over usage. The data was never disclosed upfront. When I cancelled service, they billed me $405 for terminating early, I have tried several times to get bill taken care of, but they refuse and are now threatening to turn me over for collections.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

No matter what level of internet I pay for, I'm always getting below 10 Mbps. It funny too how when I call to complain my internet will suddenly be faster for a few day. ISPs falsely advertise their internet speeds by saying "up-to" even though I have never once seen it achieve the advertised speed. Not. Once. I think the fact that internet stopped will suddenly increase after calling them to complain is the proof in the pudding. They also keep trying to put the blame on my modem. I have a very good modem only a few months old. Plus I would be getting NO internet if it was the modem, not slow internet. COMCAST YOU CROOKS, I HOPE THE GOVERNMENT HOLDS YOU ACCOUNTABLE!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Horrible service. Technical support reps are DISRESPECTFUL so is the supervisor, Ronald was his name (at least what he told me) badge ID ** (don’t know if it’s even legit). Asked a support rep to transfer me to her supervisor but she very rudely said he’s going to tell you the same thing and put me back in the queue to deal with another tech support rep. Then finally got transferred to the supervisor, I told him about the situation. He offered no help and said, "A technician can only show up at a certain time. If you are not available you’ll have to make someone else available" (thanks for making it so convenient not like I pay anything) after I told him 10 times no one is available at the time he’s purposing.

Then I asked to close my account. First he contacted the wrong department (Billings) then he contacted loyalty somewhere. Alex answered and asked me why I want to close my account. After I told him the whole story he ENDED THE CALL on me and never called back. Don’t tell me you didn’t have my contact number to call back. If you ever do it’s on my account. Thank you Comcast for such great treatment. Now close my account and refund me for last week and a half I spent without no internet service, home vintage phone (requires internet connection) and TV (set-top box requires wi-fi). I won’t miss you at all Comcast.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I've had Xfinity internet since July 2017, after which my bill went up $30 for the SAME speed, they like to hide behind the ''promotion'' as an excuse. When you go into chat to complain and ask to lower your bill, they disconnect your internet service, lie to you, etc... It's happened quite a few times tonight. $104 just for internet service is an outrage! It's 2018, they know you need internet and my choices are limited. They need to be investigated for their dishonesty! I've given my loyalty and what do I get in return? Higher costs, lies and disconnecting my service for it to reconnect sometime later. If you have other options, stay away from this awful company!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

On Sept 3 I ordered internet service. Tech showed up the next day and said the only Sage installation would be underground. I received notice on Sept 5 of the pending install. Service was to be activated in approximately 4 weeks. I called on Oct 12 and was told my order was canceled and that I would have to speak with a specific manager. Numerous calls were not returned. I called customer service again and was told I was canceled because I did not register my modem in time. I escalated again and was told the manager would review my case and get back to me. I got a follow up call saying they were working on it, and heard nothing more.

More than a week later on Nov 2 I called again and was told the same thing. They escalated and got PERMISSION to reissue the order, but was told the $24.99 promo pricing was no longer available - it would be $34.99. This is the worst customer experience I have had in many years. Avoid dealing with this company! This should be 0 stars - a complete waste of time.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Very bad experience! Rude people and they always overcharge! I called so many times and they kept me on hold, asked for supervisors and no one ever transferred! Very bad people and bad company. Do not use them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

They don't understand the issue, their agents have the intelligence of 3 year olds, completely unprofessional. They repeat the same thing over and over, it takes days for them to fix the issue, you have to hold hours to get the right department. THEY NEED TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

For the last 5 days Comcast has been blocking all of my outgoing emails. I have spent about 5 hours on the phone with 6 different customer service representatives who seem to be paid to frustrate you. They make you try multiple browsers & make you do the same useless things over & over again. Then they give you a service ticket number, tell you that you will be contacted which never happens, & the process repeats over again without the problem being fixed. If this company would spend a small amount of the money they spend telling us how great they are on actual customer service they would not need to try to convince us they are great. In reality this is the worst company when it comes to customer service & reliability.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I use to have their cable service, due to the Price, the price I would have paid monthly was $312, now I only have their internet service. I bought an Amazon Cube, and started live streaming. Comcast/Xfinity charged me for the use of the Netflix. Not sure if it was legal or not. I will be going to the BBB and confide in them.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I’ve been with Xfinity for a while now & like most I agree they are one of the top internet providers; however, what good does being one of the top providers when they disconnect your service for NO reason. I’ve had this happen a couple times and when I’ve called in they make some excuse for it. On my last call to them one of the reps told me that she could see where someone (an Xfinity employee) went in the system to my account (without my knowledge or consent) and scheduled for my services to be terminated and she could also see that I did not call in on the day the rep went into my account. She asked if I wanted to file a complaint against the rep. I said yes and thanked her for her time and for not giving the runaround like I’d been getting for the past 3 plus hours and well, you know they made the offer so good and gave so many freebies I decided to continue doing business with them.

Now, on 10/24/18 I’m watching tv and doing some research on some things when suddenly goes off... ummmm... I check my connections because clearly something is wrong here. I call (automated system). I have a balance but my bill isn’t due until 10/27/18? Like how is that even possible? I don’t know of any reputable company that allows their employees to maliciously handle customer accounts. Isn’t there some type of security mechanism that prevents employees from accessing accounts unless the account holder provides a passcode or something? If not, there should be. I’m patiently waiting for 7a. to see what excuse they give me this time. I mean... it’s not like they have the best or even average customer service. Bad enough I’m unconvinced by the disruption of service and to have to deal with a rude rep. C’mon Xfinity. At least try to be great on some level with your customer service please and thank you.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Comcast has consistently overcharged me each month for my internet service. Comcast also slows down my internet service, while I'm paying for Blast Speed Internet. Comcast has charged me for technicians to come to my home when they clearly stated they would not charge me, because the error was on their end. Comcast customer service reps are not helpful and can never explain why my bill is consistently inching higher each month. Speaking to someone in Corporate is IMPOSSIBLE! COMCAST Scams its customers with billing them for two months of service. The bill is set up to keep you guessing about your bill. I have paid my bill down to a ZERO BALANCE with Comcast and the next bill is ALWAYS OVER 100.00 DOLLARS! COMCAST NEED TO BE STOPPED WITH THESE UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES! It's horrible that, they are getting away with the things they are doing to the consumers!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Comcast customer service is getting worst, I had internet issue which they could not fixed even coming to my house and still got charges, I explicitly told them to make sure I do not get charges if they going to come out. The technician came out, could not fix the issue and told me I would not get charge and now they are refused to remove the charges. I am really upset.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

They put a sign on my door to call when the construction already damaged the property and destroyed the landscaping. I tried to call, but you can't get through, that machine keep saying, "I NEED YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER." I don't have an account number, I DON'T HAVE CABLE AND I DON'T WANT CABLE. They sound like the Mafia, I take it as a threat, when they say they will destroy landscaping and might damage the property. Who gives them the right to do so, who will pay for the damage??? They need to do construction in the properties where they have and want cable, not in mine.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have been calling Comcast data usage escalation dept. for over a month only to be told "A manager will call you," "We can't find your ticket #" and finally the last call back was "Oh everything you've been told is a lie." They credit you twice for data overage without your knowledge or permission and then stick a huge charge to you when they realize you didn't notice the freebies and they refuse to work with. Their whole set up is a deceiving scam to make you think that you'll get what you pay for. Now you pay good money to a company that doesn't respect you as a customer. Goodluck Xfinity. I hope Amazon goes into the internet service business!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I HAVE NEVER had Comcast but this was the WORST experience I have ever had with customer service. Krystal ext. ** put a BLOCK on my rental property because someone else called in with my same address who had a previous problem with Comcast. I gave my social and she continued to ask me for all this proof... I was shocked that here I was coming as a NEW customer with a perfect credit history and she had the nerve to block me. This is the worst customer service I have ever had. She went to say she didn’t “have to provide” me service. I HAD NO HISTORY WITH COMCAST!!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Comcast will promise you anything but all you can do is just watch your bill increase every month. They will tell you lies that they will return to correct price but never do. Don't be fooled by their promotions as they will not honor them. I was warned by previous customers and now I wish I had heeded the warnings. As soon as my contract is up I am so done with Comcast.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The last three customer service issues with Comcast (Xfinity) have been degrading, horrible encounters... Today we called to ask a simple question about Amazon Prime movies being added to our TV, because we signed up with Amazon. (We since, after about 2 1/2 hours of two calls, 3 representatives and 2 supervisors), finally found out that we have to do it with Samsung instructions. The first Comcast customer service rep was in Honduras, and had us go through a bunch of instructions while on the phone which totally messed up our TV to the point of one channel only and no sound, no guide, etc. Everything was out on it. He had no idea what he was doing and I finally insisted on a supervisor who couldn't do any better and said she would have a service repairman in our neighborhood come out between and 2 and 3 PM, and they would be calling to confirm shortly. She also said she would have them bring a new remote.

3 PM came and went and no service repairman, so after another call to Comcast, in the Philippines, this time, it was the same thing... dysfunctional, language barrier, but he did say there was no service scheduled for us and no mention of remote that works off and on!!! By this time between the two calls, worse than we started, 2 hrs or more later, my Sister called on another line because I was getting sick and couldn't take it much longer... My Sister got a young man in Denver, Colorado, that finally was easily able to help correct the situation. I was ready to drive to the local store, 1/2 hr away, because I was so frustrated before he helped us... Andre was very good... So all in all we wasted 3 hrs of time on an issue that wasn't even an issue... Shame on you Comcast for so poorly training your outsourcing people. Really, for what we pay for this service, this experience is terrible, terrible and should be stopped!!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Comcast is the most frustrating, dysfunctional, and dishonest company I have ever encountered. Let me give you a quick rundown of my experience: YEAR 1: I sign up for 12-month internet-only plan at $44.99/month (You ACTUALLY pay about $55/month.) (There's also a $5/month discount if you do autopay and paperless billing, which I do from the start, but never receive the discount.). Around month 9 out of 12, Comcast raises our rate to $74.99/month with absolutely no explanation. I ALSO realize I have never received the promised $5/month discount. I call Comcast to fix the obvious billing mistake (FIVE TIMES, because they either accidentally hang up, or they don't fix the issue and I have to call back.). They eventually chalk the price increase up to a "system error," and credit me what they overcharged. They tell me they'll enact the $5/month discount for the rest of the year (they never do).

YEAR 2: - I sign up for another 12-month agreement at $44.99/month ($55/month) because Comcast was still the only option. Around month 9 out of 12, Comcast raises our rate to $100/month, but I don't realize it until near the end of the contract. ALSO, we have STILL never received the $5/month discount. I call multiple times, trying to solve the issue. Again, Comcast chalks the mistake up to a "system error," and promises to refund what they overcharged. The following month's bill is for $100, and there's no refund.

Planning to not-renew Comcast services, I schedule an install with AT&T, who has JUST moved to our area. I call Comcast to cancel the service at the end of the agreement (You have 30 days to cancel a new contract without any fees.). They blame the billing mistake on me and claim that I owe them money. I explain the situation, they investigate further, realize it was THEIR mistake, apologize, and say the refund is coming, and I need to return the equipment within 10 days.

A week later, I still have not received the promised refund. I return Comcast's equipment in-person within 10 days and speak with a representative about my refund. This representative is extremely rude and yet again blames the billing mistake on me. The rep looks at the system (after complaining about having to actually do her job) and realizes that it was in fact COMCAST'S FAULT.

Apparently, when they fixed the billing mistake in the first year, they "accidentally" backdated the 12-month agreement, so their time frame was actually off for both contracts.). She says they'll (FINALLY) process the refund and we will be all good. 1 week later, I get a bill for $291 for "unreturned digital equipment" and a "previous unpaid balance." (First of all, I returned ALL equipment in-person. Second, not only have I always had AUTO-PAY, but THEY OWE ME MONEY, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND). I just got this bill today, so we'll see what happens. All I know is you're better off bashing your head against a brick wall than you are signing up for any Comcast services.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Modem burned out. MICHAEL that works in the business Comcast department help us out. He understood that we are a business and needed to have someone out to us fast and he got someone out to us same day! 1-2 hours! GREAT SERVICE!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I’m not sure where to start. Please choose another company if you have a choice. This company has cost me over 10000 in the last five years. Internet down all day and I’m losing $150/hr and they offer me $2.32 for compensation. I’m still in shock... Internet goes out all the time. Night and day. Someone please create a real company that will treat their clients with respect and deliver a real product for a reasonable price. I’ll be waiting.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

They came to my house to installed the internet and tv and left the wire over the grass passing from all my neighbor's backyard to my house. This has been since July 18. I called several times and nobody resolve the problem. They open the ticket and said that someone will call to make an appointment to resolve the issue but they never called. They need to put this wire underground. Normally I don't do bad reviews but this is being so ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I just moved into my house and because the previous tenant did not disconnect service and left the equipment in the house which I was nice enough to return I am not able to receive services without allowing an invasion of my privacy which I will not allow. I offered to send a copy of the signed legal document which is my lease. I was told that "We have had too many fake leases come through so no we don't want that". So after being told in chat that yes my services are approved and the modem was on its way it was a lie. Everyone was extremely unhelpful and snotty when I did not want my privacy invaded, and so we are being punished for previous people that did not pay their bills. Customer Service is serious lacking and unhelpful with a resolution. And they wonder why we didn't want their TV services added.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Comcast is the absolute worst. I call because my internet went out, by no fault of my own or the weather, and ask for a tech to come out and they tell me they can get a tech to my house in a WEEK!? Then, I figure out the issue myself after about an hour of trying. They are no help on the phone, every person I have ever talked to was incredibly rude and inconsiderate. Then, about a month later I move to another address and ask for them to move my service, so they move it, BUT in my original contract with them I had internet and Comcast Streaming... when I get to my new address I try to login to my streaming account and it says that I have to sign up for this service that I do not have it with my package.

I call Comcast and they tell me that when I moved that my service got changed by the person who did the move and that the service that I had was no longer offered to new customers but that they could give me movie channels, I don't want movie channels. I want what I originally signed up for. THEY MESSED UP MY SERVICE, and couldn't give it back because it wasn't offered to new customers even though I had it and was using it the previous day??!! So because one of their "customer service agents" didn't know what they were doing I got screwed out of my original plan and now still have to pay the same -higher- amount for just internet and like 3 movie channels that I don't even use... AVOID COMCAST AT ANY COST. NOT WORTH IT.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs