2.76/5
Based on 1,018 ratings submitted in the last year

2727 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 26, 2019

Thank you so much for recommending the xFi Pods! I am in a three floor townhouse where wifi is needed in all spaces. Although I have the blast fastest internet from Comcast, our computer connections were lagging. With xFi Pods, plugging in pods on each floor, easy set-up, and now the connection is super fast. THANK YOU!!!

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have had Comcast before and wasn't very pleased with it. However my new husband has had it for several years and since he pays the bills this is what he has chosen to have. We have our land line hooked up to it too. The only thing I don't like is when Comcast is working on something or something is busted, you are never notified by even a robo call. Comcast's wifi works much better than it use to. So far so good. I had CenturyLink before and they were pretty good. Not really the overall best either. Bill kept going up and up without notice. I had a traveling notary business and sometimes they just didn't take care of me.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Modem burned out. MICHAEL that works in the business Comcast department help us out. He understood that we are a business and needed to have someone out to us fast and he got someone out to us same day! 1-2 hours! GREAT SERVICE!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Will be going to the BBB and Attorney General for Comcast's unethical billing practices. If you have other options you may want to pursue them. My recommendation is to never give this company auto-pay. In May 2019 I added HBO to my subscription for an extra $15 a month. In June the bill was $35 extra. I assumed there must have been a charge for setting up the HBO service and/or partial service during the prior month. So I paid the bill without contacting Customer Service for clarification. In July the bill was $48 extra and this time I decided to go to the Xfinity store to talk to someone about the billing. Waited for about 10 minutes with zero movement in the waiting area and asked how many were in front of me. The answer was 11.

Now I decided to call Customer Service to find out why the billing was so high and got transferred to Sammi in the Loyalty Department. The explanation was that the package I was subscribed to was no longer available and that I would need to choose a new one. There was about an hour of the customer service rep trying to sell me more expensive options, the least expensive of my choices was $158 a month. We finally got back to the basic TV/Internet service plan I wanted and worked out a 2 year subscription I was willing to sign up for. I needed to pay the full amount of the overcharged bill and the August bill would be at the new rate and credited for the extra amount I paid on the July bill. I digitally signed the new 2 year agreement. (Total call was about an hour and a half.)

I checked the August bill and it was still at $158, so I called Customer Service again. They said there was no record of my last phone call and eventually transferred me to William in the Loyalty Department. He needed to work out another package for me, but this time it cost $10 a month more than the one Sammi worked out. The August bill would be at the new rate and there would be a credit on my bill for the extra paid on the July bill. All of that would show up within 5 days. I digitally signed the 2 year agreement. (Total call was a little over an hour.)

I went to pay the August bill and it was still at $158, so I called Customer Service to get clarification. They had no record of my previous calls, and eventually transferred me to Daniel in the Loyalty Department. Sound familiar? I insisted he find the records of my last calls rather than explain the whole issue all over again. After some time he was finally able to find the record from my agreement with the last customer service rep (William).

He said he would follow through to make sure the billing reflected the new agreement. But that he could only give a $23 credit. He told me that was all taken care of on his side and it should all be visible to me online. I explained that it was not visible online, he said it should be and to go ahead and just pay the amount we agreed to and it would credit properly. It did not, and continued to notify me of a balance due on my bill. So I paid the entire $158 minus the $23 credit. (Total call was 42 minutes). We'll see how it all works out on the next bill...

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I went back to Comcast/Xfinity in March of 2019 and since March/2019, I have not had continuous internet service. Calling Comcast for technical or for that matter anything is pure hell. I have unplugged my modem a thousand times, I call and get nothing from the Comcast reps. I can't make a telephone call without the line going dead in the middle of the call. I'm on my laptops and the internet goes out, you have no idea how frustrating this is. I pay a little over $200 a month which is $2400 a year for service I am not getting.

I called Comcast last week and the rep was busy up-selling me and today I had no service for most of the day. Last week I was also supposed to get a call to complete a customer satisfaction survey. When I got the call, the line went dead as soon as I answered. I called back and was told that there was no further action needed from me. Of course this is a contract, but what happens when you're not getting the service your contracted for. I do not recommend Comcast/Xfinity Service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I called about upgrading my service from internet only to internet home and tv with their promotion at the time. I did like the idea of switching but was not completely sure I wanted to yet. At that time the sales department stated, "Hey how about this you get to try everything out for 30 days and if you decide you do not like it then there are no charges or penalties to cancel it" and I would take down and return cameras and sensors. So that is what I fell for thinking 30 day trial so I agreed and had it put in.

I did not once use the system to secure it or really need it so before 30 days I called and cancelled then returned all equipment. Now 1 month later I get a 400 dollar bill and said I still have to pay for service for time it was in and not full credit back to my internet only so now I'll be shopping for other services. Comcast has too much fine print or fake sales pitches.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I finished my one year contract with Xfinity and extended it for a year more. I had to move after 3 months to an area where they did not have service. While I would have been happy to transfer my service, but since they didn't provide service, I had to to terminate the contract and hence they charged me ETF of hundred dollars. I feel this is not fair when the customer is forced to move due to life situations and they don't consider it. I am not coming back to Xfinity/Comcast again anywhere in USA!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

My family has had Comcast WiFi for 3 years. We stream our T.V. and movies via Roku, Sling, Netflix and other streaming apps. In the beginning we had many connectivity issues, lots of buffering, and daily signal dropping. The MBPS continued to drop and the price continued to go up. Then we moved into a house with family but we are renting separate floors of the same house. After a service call to install the WiFi at the new house, cancelling the family member with different service without authorization on a different floor, and changing our service to include tv & phone, we were told we could not have separate accounts in the same house.

We then cancelled our Comcast account. We received the final bill for the service call ($25.00) that said, "Payment upon receipt" and less than a month later the bill was sent to collections. Comcast has negatively affected my credit for $25.00 and for the worst internet connection ever. We have now switched to RCN and for $49.99/month we are loving our 1000 MBPS.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Comcast has the worst service ever. I pay just over $220 per month for Cable and Internet. For the month of August and as of 08/14/19, I have endured 10 days of outage with 4 days of receiving the services I pay for (Service up-time was Identified by my FINGbox report.) Oddly enough, when internet goes down you cannot change the channels, pause, fast forward, on the cable service. After waiting on hold for approximately 40 minutes for raising a formal complaint to Comcast's "NO-Customer Service department" I was given a $27 credit and reminded of my 2 year contract. If you're looking for communication services, run fast and run hard. Comcast is not a viable option for someone who actually want to be provided services for their hard working money.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My wireless internet service fails or is intermittent 2-3 times per month. Phone service is typically via undertrained technicians & on-site visits commonly diagnose the problem wrong. The whole service model is broken & the wireless product doesn't work well. The price is way too expensive for the service.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs