2.11/5

2541 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Comcast customer service is getting worst, I had internet issue which they could not fixed even coming to my house and still got charges, I explicitly told them to make sure I do not get charges if they going to come out. The technician came out, could not fix the issue and told me I would not get charge and now they are refused to remove the charges. I am really upset.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

They put a sign on my door to call when the construction already damaged the property and destroyed the landscaping. I tried to call, but you can't get through, that machine keep saying, "I NEED YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER." I don't have an account number, I DON'T HAVE CABLE AND I DON'T WANT CABLE. They sound like the Mafia, I take it as a threat, when they say they will destroy landscaping and might damage the property. Who gives them the right to do so, who will pay for the damage??? They need to do construction in the properties where they have and want cable, not in mine.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have been calling Comcast data usage escalation dept. for over a month only to be told "A manager will call you," "We can't find your ticket #" and finally the last call back was "Oh everything you've been told is a lie." They credit you twice for data overage without your knowledge or permission and then stick a huge charge to you when they realize you didn't notice the freebies and they refuse to work with. Their whole set up is a deceiving scam to make you think that you'll get what you pay for. Now you pay good money to a company that doesn't respect you as a customer. Goodluck Xfinity. I hope Amazon goes into the internet service business!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I HAVE NEVER had Comcast but this was the WORST experience I have ever had with customer service. Krystal ext. ** put a BLOCK on my rental property because someone else called in with my same address who had a previous problem with Comcast. I gave my social and she continued to ask me for all this proof... I was shocked that here I was coming as a NEW customer with a perfect credit history and she had the nerve to block me. This is the worst customer service I have ever had. She went to say she didn’t “have to provide” me service. I HAD NO HISTORY WITH COMCAST!!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Comcast will promise you anything but all you can do is just watch your bill increase every month. They will tell you lies that they will return to correct price but never do. Don't be fooled by their promotions as they will not honor them. I was warned by previous customers and now I wish I had heeded the warnings. As soon as my contract is up I am so done with Comcast.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The last three customer service issues with Comcast (Xfinity) have been degrading, horrible encounters... Today we called to ask a simple question about Amazon Prime movies being added to our TV, because we signed up with Amazon. (We since, after about 2 1/2 hours of two calls, 3 representatives and 2 supervisors), finally found out that we have to do it with Samsung instructions. The first Comcast customer service rep was in Honduras, and had us go through a bunch of instructions while on the phone which totally messed up our TV to the point of one channel only and no sound, no guide, etc. Everything was out on it. He had no idea what he was doing and I finally insisted on a supervisor who couldn't do any better and said she would have a service repairman in our neighborhood come out between and 2 and 3 PM, and they would be calling to confirm shortly. She also said she would have them bring a new remote.

3 PM came and went and no service repairman, so after another call to Comcast, in the Philippines, this time, it was the same thing... dysfunctional, language barrier, but he did say there was no service scheduled for us and no mention of remote that works off and on!!! By this time between the two calls, worse than we started, 2 hrs or more later, my Sister called on another line because I was getting sick and couldn't take it much longer... My Sister got a young man in Denver, Colorado, that finally was easily able to help correct the situation. I was ready to drive to the local store, 1/2 hr away, because I was so frustrated before he helped us... Andre was very good... So all in all we wasted 3 hrs of time on an issue that wasn't even an issue... Shame on you Comcast for so poorly training your outsourcing people. Really, for what we pay for this service, this experience is terrible, terrible and should be stopped!!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Comcast is the most frustrating, dysfunctional, and dishonest company I have ever encountered. Let me give you a quick rundown of my experience: YEAR 1: I sign up for 12-month internet-only plan at $44.99/month (You ACTUALLY pay about $55/month.) (There's also a $5/month discount if you do autopay and paperless billing, which I do from the start, but never receive the discount.). Around month 9 out of 12, Comcast raises our rate to $74.99/month with absolutely no explanation. I ALSO realize I have never received the promised $5/month discount. I call Comcast to fix the obvious billing mistake (FIVE TIMES, because they either accidentally hang up, or they don't fix the issue and I have to call back.). They eventually chalk the price increase up to a "system error," and credit me what they overcharged. They tell me they'll enact the $5/month discount for the rest of the year (they never do).

YEAR 2: - I sign up for another 12-month agreement at $44.99/month ($55/month) because Comcast was still the only option. Around month 9 out of 12, Comcast raises our rate to $100/month, but I don't realize it until near the end of the contract. ALSO, we have STILL never received the $5/month discount. I call multiple times, trying to solve the issue. Again, Comcast chalks the mistake up to a "system error," and promises to refund what they overcharged. The following month's bill is for $100, and there's no refund.

Planning to not-renew Comcast services, I schedule an install with AT&T, who has JUST moved to our area. I call Comcast to cancel the service at the end of the agreement (You have 30 days to cancel a new contract without any fees.). They blame the billing mistake on me and claim that I owe them money. I explain the situation, they investigate further, realize it was THEIR mistake, apologize, and say the refund is coming, and I need to return the equipment within 10 days.

A week later, I still have not received the promised refund. I return Comcast's equipment in-person within 10 days and speak with a representative about my refund. This representative is extremely rude and yet again blames the billing mistake on me. The rep looks at the system (after complaining about having to actually do her job) and realizes that it was in fact COMCAST'S FAULT.

Apparently, when they fixed the billing mistake in the first year, they "accidentally" backdated the 12-month agreement, so their time frame was actually off for both contracts.). She says they'll (FINALLY) process the refund and we will be all good. 1 week later, I get a bill for $291 for "unreturned digital equipment" and a "previous unpaid balance." (First of all, I returned ALL equipment in-person. Second, not only have I always had AUTO-PAY, but THEY OWE ME MONEY, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND). I just got this bill today, so we'll see what happens. All I know is you're better off bashing your head against a brick wall than you are signing up for any Comcast services.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Modem burned out. MICHAEL that works in the business Comcast department help us out. He understood that we are a business and needed to have someone out to us fast and he got someone out to us same day! 1-2 hours! GREAT SERVICE!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I’m not sure where to start. Please choose another company if you have a choice. This company has cost me over 10000 in the last five years. Internet down all day and I’m losing $150/hr and they offer me $2.32 for compensation. I’m still in shock... Internet goes out all the time. Night and day. Someone please create a real company that will treat their clients with respect and deliver a real product for a reasonable price. I’ll be waiting.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

They came to my house to installed the internet and tv and left the wire over the grass passing from all my neighbor's backyard to my house. This has been since July 18. I called several times and nobody resolve the problem. They open the ticket and said that someone will call to make an appointment to resolve the issue but they never called. They need to put this wire underground. Normally I don't do bad reviews but this is being so ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I just moved into my house and because the previous tenant did not disconnect service and left the equipment in the house which I was nice enough to return I am not able to receive services without allowing an invasion of my privacy which I will not allow. I offered to send a copy of the signed legal document which is my lease. I was told that "We have had too many fake leases come through so no we don't want that". So after being told in chat that yes my services are approved and the modem was on its way it was a lie. Everyone was extremely unhelpful and snotty when I did not want my privacy invaded, and so we are being punished for previous people that did not pay their bills. Customer Service is serious lacking and unhelpful with a resolution. And they wonder why we didn't want their TV services added.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Comcast is the absolute worst. I call because my internet went out, by no fault of my own or the weather, and ask for a tech to come out and they tell me they can get a tech to my house in a WEEK!? Then, I figure out the issue myself after about an hour of trying. They are no help on the phone, every person I have ever talked to was incredibly rude and inconsiderate. Then, about a month later I move to another address and ask for them to move my service, so they move it, BUT in my original contract with them I had internet and Comcast Streaming... when I get to my new address I try to login to my streaming account and it says that I have to sign up for this service that I do not have it with my package.

I call Comcast and they tell me that when I moved that my service got changed by the person who did the move and that the service that I had was no longer offered to new customers but that they could give me movie channels, I don't want movie channels. I want what I originally signed up for. THEY MESSED UP MY SERVICE, and couldn't give it back because it wasn't offered to new customers even though I had it and was using it the previous day??!! So because one of their "customer service agents" didn't know what they were doing I got screwed out of my original plan and now still have to pay the same -higher- amount for just internet and like 3 movie channels that I don't even use... AVOID COMCAST AT ANY COST. NOT WORTH IT.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

To reduce increasing monthly charges I keep downgrading my tv and internet services (e.g. eliminate 2nd tv, eliminate channel packages). A couple times a year, you have to review available Xfinity deals and make changes. Xfinity is bad at making service changes on the first try. 1. Upgraded a cable box - the new MAC ID was not initially added to my account requiring tech support for diagnosis and resolution. It also required an additional 2nd trip to the local Comcast outlet.

2. Account Change - Death in family forced an account change so all equipment has to physically replaced (for unknown reasons Xfinity can’t make equipment ID changes in their database). I lost TV, Streaming, and Internet Services and at least 9 hours out of my life trying to recover the services I had the day before. They scheduled a technician for an onsite appointment in a week which I laughed at.

Due to struggles with Xfinity I plan to eliminate their TV and Streaming services in favor of Netflix and an old fashioned TV antenna. The Xfinity Internet Service is stable and I like it but I now need to look at AT&T packages in Marysville, California. The Xfinity staff are all very polite and promptly return calls but lack training (the non-technical people forget to add equipment MAC IDs on your account) creating unnecessary tech support work for the staff and most importantly the CUSTOMER.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

When I moved to Elizabethtown KY I had a choice of 3 cable providers. One was a local company with narrow broadband services, another was a satellite company which had poor service and Comcast so I elected to get Comcast Xfinity. That was a major mistake. I had to agree to a 2 year service agreement which was no real problem. Unfortunately, Comcast isn't required to agree to provide quality service. In the 14 months I have been with Comcast I have had consistent terrible service every week related to internet connection and cable services which also include the landline phone which is basically provided free which seems to be the only service that is worth the price they charge (which has gone up twice since I began service).

After having several service calls to my residence related to connectivity problems I had a service rep advise me that the area I live in has been having problems with their service due to a bad node on the tower that provides service. Comcast/Xfinity never informed any of its customers and since that visit approximately 30 days ago, service has continued to get worse. My service as well as all customers in the area I live in have lost all services for 10-12 hours in a single day on at least 3 separate occasions and the last outage went from 10:30 a.m on 9/19/18 thru late evening 9/24/18 with services being down from 1-3 hours to 10+ hours every day over that period. I contacted Xfinity several times during this last outage and was told that a supervisor would call me back but never did and when I asked for an adjustment to my bill I was told that the supervisor would discuss that when my call was returned.

Comcast has known about the problem with the node for several months and hasn't notified any of the affected customers nor have they offered to adjust the bills and have also failed to properly repair or replace the bad node. This is absolutely the leader in POOR/SHABBY service and I would NOT recommend their services to anyone. In addition to the poor services provided the customers' service telephone system is set up to make it very difficult to even speak with a live person.

Personally, I am looking for another provider and will cancel all services with this company whether my contract is up or not and will gladly go to court if they try to collect any fees for early termination. All I can say about Comcast/Xfinity is they should be the poster child for pitiful service and a company that puts profit ahead of providing quality service to its customers. Last words on Comcast "DO NOT USE COMCAST". You might as well throw your money into the street and at least someone will benefit from it.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

If it were possible to provide a negative rating, I would. Have been on the phone for 2+ hrs and still no one at Comcast is able to fix my inability to get personal email from my Spectrum email. When I started with Comcast all was fine. Now impossible to fix. Avoid Comcast if another service provider is possible.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

When I had to move to another location Comcast did the unlawful practice of adding more years to my contract agreement without notifying me. Not only they didn't take my previous years into account, but they just decided to add a minimum contract of 3 years and now is barely impossible to cancel.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I've been using Comcast Internet Service (only) for about 5 years, at least. I started out with their plan called Performance with unlimited internet access and fast speed. (@$54.95 a month). For about 3 years, the service seemed to be doing just fine. After which, I noticed the speed seemed to really start slowing down, so I contacted Comcast, and their customer service recommended their next Plan: Blast for really fast internet speed (@ only $74.95 a month). The internet price increases started after initially paying $54.95 a month and kept getting higher. The Plan: BLAST has currently increased to $92.95 monthly. In my family's home, we have been using the same exact devices as discussed with Comcast when we initially began using their services (which we are allowed up to 4-5 devices). We use a 1 desktop, 1 laptop, 1 t.v., and a cell phone (occasionally).

TODAY, at $92.95 a month the internet service is even worse. Our speed seemed to freeze at 14.5 mbps and has not moved at ALL. I contacted Comcast (Now only claiming to be Xfinity), and their customer service representative tried to tell me our new SURFBoard Arris SBG6580 router/modem DOCSIS 3.0 we purchased just a year ago is the problem, and we should replace our router/modem or we could rent one. Also, the representative said there was nothing more that they could do to help.

We are still stuck at only a speed of 14.5 mbps. We're getting bad service! Our fairly new router/modem has been tested, and it works excellently as well as meeting the compatibility Comcast Internet Services requirements. So, NO! We will not throw away our "in-excellent-working-condition" and "fairly-new" router/modem to use their products. Verizon was no better before either as why we switched to them. Sadly, my area is so extremely limited in the choices as to who can and cannot service our internet needs. There are MANY reasonably competitive companies out there that would be glad to service our area except for the "internet monopoly choke-hold" in our area. I'll be glad to support change!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I've had Xfinity for years now. Due to high bills I recently changed to just internet and online tv with them. I'm paying for 60mbps but I never get close to that speed. I've had more outages days than nonoutages days. I can't even watch Netflix or surf the internet. It get to the point that my phone's internet is faster and less faulty than my home wifi.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

They didn't even tell me my contract was up so they charged me $190 instead of my regular 90/month. Then to get the same internet my bill went up $40 just to keep the same speeds. Then on top of paying more for internet, as soon as I got a new contract my internet has never been worse! I have called several times and all they say is they are going to reset my router. Wich I can do and have done dozens of times and it doesn't fix anything. I hope they go out of business which they will as soon as another company steps up. Everyone I know hates Xfinity and has similar issues.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Summertime, kids, and data caps equal overages. I've been with Comcast for over 10 years and have never shopped around behind their backs nor have I ever paid a bill late. Yet they repay my loyalty by moving beyond their typical nickel and dime tactics to screwing me out of every penny possible. Unlike cable, having access to the internet is a necessity and with little, to no competition, Comcast knows you'll have to pay the overages and like it. I don't torrent and I do my best to block the data before my family hits the cap, I've tried adding my number for an alert but I have yet to receive one nor have I ever been the lucky recipient of the notice that is sent to the current data user, whichever of my kids notices it just ignores it and keeps on streaming.

I canceled the streaming services that Comcast is using the data caps and overage charges to stifle the competition of but somehow I still ended up with overages and charges. I've already been hit with at least a couple hundred dollars in overages since the caps were implemented a couple years back. My only option with Comcast is to continue stressing about the overages or I can ante up an additional $50 per month for the exact service I had prior to the cap. Fortunately, I have a choice and recently switched to CenturyLink, the performance is comparable but I no longer have the worry of getting hit with Comcast's greedy cash grab.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I own a restaurant and we need internet for all incoming orders. We had no internet from them for 2 weeks. Every time I called they would send an signal or would say the outage was gonna be fixed in a few hours and nothing would happen. Finally I got sick of them and called to cancel even knowing they had a fee. I just didn’t care because the service sucked. They Said the cancellation fee was 471 and even sent me a letter to sign. When I went to pay the bill online they charged us doubled that. I called and talked to 2 different people that said they were gonna get it figured out. Then we get a call from collectors that we owe 1200 dollars!

You can’t talk to anybody and nobody knows anything. They just want your money. Worst experience ever! Still trying to contest this. Don’t use this service!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

We have been out of Internet service for 5 weeks. During the past 5 weeks, Comcast had sent 3 technicians and still hasn’t fixed the problem. When we called again tonight to ask for status, the person who answered the call was not able to view our service records, nor was his immediate supervisor. Not sure how Comcast can operate a company this way, and no wonder after 3 technicians came the problem is still not fixed. We have requested for refund and will change the Internet service to another company. NEVER CONSIDER COMCAST!!! It’s the WORST internet/cable company I have ever known.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Do not get Comcast unless it’s your only and last option. The only reason I’m getting Comcast is because I can’t get another provider in my area. I’ve been waiting at home since 2:30 for a technician that was supposed to come from 3-5. Around 3 I get a phone call that I had missed the appt since no one was home, even though I was home! No one rang the doorbell. No one knocked. I called and rescheduled, was told they would be back in an hour, did not happen. Called again. They said they would be arriving soon. No one showed for two hours, I called a third time and was told that no one would be coming that unfortunately the next available time was a week from now!!!

They are absolutely ridiculous. This isn’t the first time I’ve experience bad service with them, that is why I switched to DirecTV 2 years ago. Unfortunately the new area I moved to only allows me to get Comcast But I have been avoiding them because they are absolutely useless. I don’t understand how people continue to look for their services.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Find something else. Customer service techs follow a script and don't resolve issues; they even schedule appointments you didn't ask for, their products SUCK, prices are high, you get locked out of your own email on their website (unless you're paying your bill)...nothing good to say about them. HEED THIS WARNING! Find something else.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

T.V & Cable RUN fast, run hard away from this company, cable error message, downtime, service outages, need I say more, Beware your Internet, Blast, check your Speed... The worst, they promise you to bundle with Blast Speed, great for few months, checked again and 10 MPBS Upload & 2 Download. Then you'll start noticing gradual higher bills, and you’re stuck for contract period. Numerous telephone calls. Try downgrading... Good Luck! Try checking online their rates, you will not be able to view published rates since your IP Address is recorded as a client.

So you can't even select what works for you, instead you will need to log in and guess what? They select 3 options which is 20-40% higher and No option to select another package or just buy internet, it’s about what works for them... NOT YOU. Called again, and no way will you be able to downgrade at a reasonable competitive price. Total Abuse. Thank GOD my contract is over. Go A la Carte, get your Internet from 3rd Parties and Stream Cable, and if issues occur there too, at least you'll save 50% off your bill for all this headache, wasted time & money. Way to go Xfinity/Comcast, you really know how to keep good clients on board.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Comcast/Xfinity was only to install internet but switched the AT&T landline to Comcast also. This was not what was agreed on. Now we have to get AT&T to try and fix the problem which will cost extra for my mother who is 90. So sorry I ever contacted Comcast to install internet. This has been a big mess.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I have been a customer for 18 months and taken advantage of. Unsatisfied customer. This company would prefer money without pleasing the customer. At the end of the day your customers got you where you were and please never forget that! We can make or break this company.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Comcast is the worst company to ever exist. Customer service doesn't exist and they avoid you at all cost. Disconnecting your account on your own they still charge you continuously. If you didn't sign up for contract they bill you for early termination. Please ignore all complaints or concerns all emails and even use your own account. They purposely disconnect services and then later say that they're going to disconnected for non-payment.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I had scheduled installation of their service for between 8 am and 10 am, the tech? (by the way these so called techs are not Comcast employees and they take no responsibility for there actions. So if they steal from you Comcast will do nothing). Anyway the work order was wrong, so the tech got in his truck and left. I called Customer service and was promised 3 times that there would be someone there by 10 am. At 10:30 am I called customer service again, was on hold for 12.5 minutes, this liar named Milik pick up the line and informed me he was in charge of all installation.

He also refused to take responsibility for the tech he was in charge of. I was told no one would be coming and he had rescheduled my installation for the following Thursday. Of course I ask him if he thought this was a satisfactory response. What I got was sidestepping and no direct response to my question. I ask to speak to his supervisor and was informed that were not in and he would make sure they called me that day. This is why I refer to him as a liar. They never called. Big surprise. Please do not believe anything these people tell you.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I very rarely leave reviews on any product (especially if my feelings are negative), but I've decided to make an exception in this case because of the underhanded and execrable experience I've had over the last two years. I make my living online and therefore obviously require internet in order to do my job. Unfortunately, the area in which I live is only served by Comcast so I was forced to go with them as my ISP. I was pleased during my first year of service, and I didn't really have any issues with consistent speeds, rates, etc. However, during the second year of service, I've had numerous issues such as 1) increased rates without warning, 2) speed caps where my internet speed slows from 150 mbps to 30mbps-50mbps, and 3) disrespectful service agents via chat.

I was able to solve the rate issue after some frustrated phone conversations, but the speed issue is really what made me angry. I kept noticing how slow things were running, ran a speed test and sure enough, speeds were running at FAR less than what I was paying for. Usually these types of issues are related to the amount of users that an ISP has in a certain area and not being able to service everyone at max speed during high traffic times. I get that, but as soon as I called and COMPLAINED, they said they would "restart my modem" and WOW my speeds were MAGICALLY back up to what they were supposed to be.

Note that I had already restarted my modem numerous times before that but whatever. Maybe it was an issue that happened on their end. In any case, when that issue happened numerous times with the same result, needless to say I was extremely frustrated and it became obvious what they are doing. Anyway, I will say that their support chat has gotten quite a bit better, but if you have any choice of ISP, I would recommend going with someone else. There's a reason Comcast has such a bad reputation.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs