Comcast Internet Service
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Comcast Internet Service

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

2188 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

IMO the price of this service is overpriced for the service provided, the length of the contract is too long, and the customer service is less than honorable in their 'customer support'. Apparently the lack of actual support is due to corporate policies according to the people I have spoken with at the company over the phone.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

The service was poor from the beginning. I called the original tech after he left, saying the internet wasn't working. He said he would be right back but never showed up. I finally called to complain but they told me I'd have to pay for a tech. The issue was that they cram everyone on the same internet WiFi channel. I told them that I wanted the channel changed, but they couldn't do that remotely, only a tech can, which I have to pay for. Two months and I pay for crappy service after I figure out the fix and pay for a tech. I would give zero stars if I could.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I would give 0 stars if it was possible. I had XFINITY for 3 years and have unfortunately had to move 3 times as well. The number of bad experiences I've had with them is alarming. First they don't notify you when your package expires so make sure you're paying attention or you'll be paying way more than you were used to. When you try and change packages it always ends up more expensive even when you "downgrade" service. Their customer service is terrible - be prepared to wait forever to talk to someone over the phone. You can use their online chat and it's sometimes faster. When you finally get someone their English won't be good, they won't understand what you're saying, and they'll have to transfer you 5 times. I signed up for a new package the last time I moved and found out after they installed it it was a completely different package that they actually set up.

The biggest lesson I learned from using them is DO NOT under any circumstances get the security system. When my last package was up I decided to move from TV + internet to TV + internet + security. However I had some reservations about the 2 year contract and cancellation fees because I move a lot. I asked the rep to give me the details of what would happen if I needed to move again. He said not to worry because it's easy to transfer the service and they wouldn't charge me the security install fee again since I already paid it. What he left out if you move to an area outside their service area your still responsible for the service fees. I tried explaining to the rep and finally to the supervisor that I would never had added on the security if they had been completely transparent with me about the fees.

1 1/2 hour and >$700 in fees later I am furious. Their supervisor basically ignored everything I said and refused to look back at the conversation I had when signing up even though he admitted they have those records. I will NEVER use them again. It's a complete waste of money and your time/sanity. Even if your other options aren't as good I would still recommend not using them. Absolutely terrible company

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

So I was given a new modem on Nov 10, 2017 the week before I requested my services to be cut off. Note accompanying the modem said I would lose internet access on 12/13/17. I didn't really mind it since I would have gotten my internet access cut off by the 18th of November. When we came back today Nov 11, 2017, internet was not working at all. So, I set up the new modem then called for activation around 6 pm. Waited for at least thirty mins while Agent 1 figures out how to fix my problem. Then finally she said she spoke to a fellow customer representative that they need to create a new account first. She then would call me But she never did. After an hour, I called back. According to agent 2, agent 1 never put the details of my concern nor my call back number as I specifically mentioned my call back number to her.

Agent 2 was able to resolve my activation problem after another 1 hr. So thank you Comcast for wasting two hours of my life. Also, I tried Call back to talk to the manager regarding their poor service. Agent 3 asked why I wanted to speak with her manager so I explained what happened. She then gave me a brief hold (5secs). Agent 3 said her supervisor was busy due to the number of complaints from error emails. Is this true? Or does she not want me to talk to her boss? Btw, I was told that my internet had blast to 200 mbps. Truth is it is usually 10-30 mbps and lowest was 0.55 mbps. Called them up several times throughout the year but they told me it’s not really 200 mbps but unable to explain the less than 10 mbps. I ended up not calling for my own sanity. Attached are the speeds using speedtest.net.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

They charged me 15 months a modem, I didn't have and when I call for a refund the answer was they only refund only 3 months for "policy." Plus my internet service doesn't working very well, leave all the time and they charge me $60 for technician. I'm so disappointed but I guess this happens when They are the only company around. My recommendation checks other companies before. If use this one check all the time the bill.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I have been with Comcast for more than a year and I felt they are having worst customer service I have ever encountered in USA. You have to wait in line long. Every customer support needs your problem from scratch. No note is kept as per experience. Most of them are not ready to solve your issue rather making a note that they are doing their job to attend the call: Examples: A. When I canceled my account got a call from retention team and they said, "Your old account is still active," on my previous address. She can't help me with any better retention policy. She can't help on that. I need to call customer support to get the other account canceled and then she will help.

Did I requested any call? If you are calling someone you should have enough information to resolve the issue or else please don't waste customer's time for the sake of your job. B. Call ref# **. Requested to cancel the ghost account which is actually not active. Got response, "I can't close any account. Call tomorrow to close your account." While asked for call ref# then I was put on small hold and then I was told I am being transferred to the group who would help on this closing and after 1 min automated music the call disconnected, that I faced many times.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Constantly losing WiFi. When I call... many times, I talk to people who I can barely understand and who really don't have any answers for me. I was told it was my router, so I went out and spent $250 On a new router and still the same problem. Then I was told it was my coaxial cable and would need to send someone out in 4 days. Still waiting. Ugh!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

These guys dug into me for every penny they could, charging me almost $100 to disconnect and then an additional $6 to take my payment over the phone. The internet was slow. Never again.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

This company doesn't care about customers, their prices increase without notice, offers to get your business then they Rob you blindly. Government gives a ten dollar internet but they request you haven't been their customer for 3 month, if your job situation change how will you be 3 months without internet just because they say so? Where is the sense on that? If your community provides basic cable the company still charges you the full price as you have internet + basic cable charging twice for the service.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

As a company owner I found out that an employee set up a new Comcast account opposed to a move/transfer account for our company. She had no authorization to sign a contract and did. When our IT company came to move our server he called and informed me I had two accounts instead of the one we have had for over two years... I spoke with customer service and she forwarded me to retention. I explained the mess up to the horrible guy on the other line and after 2 hours he told me I HAD to have two accounts? I explained it is a small company and I do not need service in both places (we only moved our office 10 feet and still have the same address).

Final result he said the only way to get away from the contract is to pay over $3,000 Dollars on the new account. I am so disgusted with such horrible customer service - the only thing they are interested in is paying the sales guy that mislead my employee to believe she needed new service. If you are a business owner stay away from Comcast. They are very sneaky. Cannot believe they will not honor my request after seeing we did not need a new account! The employee in retention was very hateful and aggressive. Horrible business practice.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I'm always having trouble with the internet here. Super low download speeds. When I go to certain channels, it tells me I can add the channel online, but when I go online, you don't see anything. I called in to see how I can do this and they told me I wasn't eligible for those channels - MSNBC, Bravo, History Channel, AMC - basic channels everyone watches. Will switch at earliest opportunity.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I have been a Comcast customer for about 15 years and initially even when this company started, the services were okay. However, I moved from NJ to Philadelphia and my rental complex mandated Comcast as the only internet and cable company. I realized the services is very bad but couldn't change. I am very frustrated with Comcast services to a boiling point. My internet logs off on me multiple times daily. I was given additional 5 gig (or so) WiFi with no apparent improvement. I am tired of calling Comcast every time and just want an opportunity to change to another company. Philadelphia should look into removing the autonomy Comcast enjoys and create competition by bringing other companies. Comcast is getting worse by the day and I will not recommend it to any new person in Philly.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I recommend all should formally submit an FCC complaint. Date of letter August 28, 2017 from Comcast (aka Xfinity) stated, "You will be charged an equipment fee of 11.00 a month". I called 1-800-Xfinity when I received the letter on September 6th and spoke to Shane, ticket # **. I was informed Comcast sent the letter in error and to ignore and pay my 39.99 payment as usual and I will see a credit on my next statement. He also informed me he will transfer me to the IT dept. to update my modem because I purchased my equipment. He attempted to transfer me to the IT dept once we were done and my call kept coming back to Shane and when it happened the second time, I informed Shane I am waiting to update my equipment with IT as you directed me. He then changed his direction and said I don't need to speak with them and everything has been resolved.

I paid my bill and 2 weeks later received another bill and it still had the equipment charge on it. So I called again on about Oct 10th and an agent transferred me to the loyalty dept. because the charge is for a promotion that ended and I was confused because this is a different issue than the equipment charge, when I signed up in Aug. 2016. I had a choice of 29.99 plan with a contract or 39.99 without and since I chose 39.99 plan I informed the agent I would like to stay on the plan. He then transferred me to Josh in the Loyalty dept. in which was not helpful and informed me of the difference between a contract and a promotion which can end in 12 mos. Josh didn't offer me anything and I thought this was unprofessional of him.

I wrote to the BBB a complaint and received a VM on Oct. 13th from Fabian (Executive Customer Relations 4 West Division). I emailed him "I will call him on my next available day off Oct 17th" because it appears we work similar hours. I informed Fabian about the higher bill I been receiving and I was informed by Shane it was resolved. Fabian explained the difference between a promotion and a contract. Fabian failed to connect with me as a customer, there was no empathy or sympathy for the confusion and frustration as I am having to call back several times and speak with different people that have different answers. Then Fabian informed me, he researched back and found that there is equipment from Comcast. I advised I purchased the equipment when I set up service Aug. 2016 and I should not have an equipment charge since I purchased my equipment.

Fabian informed me that because someone didn't return the equipment and sold it online, I am obligated to pay the monthly rental and proceeded to offer me a promotion and equipment rental plan. I informed him I am not responsible for other people failing to return equipment and I purchased new at Amazon. He indicated the equipment was sold online and I made a choice to purchase it. Fabian was not listening or giving instructions how I can redeem this equipment is legitimate, he was assuming I am committing the same violations as other people that don't return their equipment and I felt very victimized by his arrogance. I informed him that I am being forced to write to the FCC and Fabian advised me it will reach him and he will tell me the same thing and he cancelled my service. So I emailed him and asked for the serial number for the stolen equipment and it matched the serial number on the equipment I have.

I then reached out to the company I purchased from on Amazon called DOCSIS and the sales MGR Karen ** opened a case to reach out to their vendor with Comcast to resolve and it should take 10 or more days. I feel I should not have to be without service for this lengthy time. I do work on my computer and I am now in a hardship situation. I feel Fabian should have looked further into a resolution on the Comcast end to ensure they have the proper information and fixed it instead of cutting off my service. Fabian may deal with a lot of people that don't return Comcast equipment and I have no control over that I purchased my equipment from a trusted source and Fabian has the power and resources to confirm and fix it, instead he victimized a customer, I feel Fabian is abusing his position.

The over 1500 complaints I saw at the BBB site is appalling and should be taken seriously. If I had a choice to use another internet service provider I would but that is not possible because Comcast made sure they contracted the geographical area. The Company I purchased from is DOCSIS ID ** Arris CM820A Cable Modem and the phone number is ** Account Sales MGR Karen **.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I had a payment arrangement set up for 10/27 and I spoke to an agent named "Akhileshk" to cancel it a whole day before on 10/26. The agent I spoke with told the arrangement was canceled and I would not be charged. Well what do you know, next morning I woke up and the entire money was withdrawn!!! I contacted Comcast customer service via chat and requested a refund for the full amount and next thing they tell me is "contact your bank to cancel transaction" as Comcast cannot refund the amount.

I know how banks work and they cannot "Cancel" transactions that are pending. It's all up to the merchant "Comcast" to refund the money back to my card. It literally took a supervisor to FINALLY tell me that they CAN refund the amount but will take 5-7 business days for the money to be returned to my account. This should've never happened in the first place. Now I am the one that is having to deal with my bank to see if I can get the money temporarily put back into my account. HUGE INCONVENIENCE. Also, when I spoke to the supervisor he has told there was notes from the agent that I spoke with on 10/26. Bottom Line. Do not do business with Comcast. I have had so many issues with them in the past as well. They treat their customers very poorly.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I am 61 years old and due to budget restrictions canceled my cable and kept just internet services with Comcast. The cost was 39.99 per month and I have my own modem. The service rep. tried to pressure me into renting it but I stood firm and he left without connecting me to a secure site. I then found someone to assist with that. This month I was informed that my "promotion" was ending and it would cost me 89.99 for the same internet service. No one can convince me that it cost Comcast an additional 49.99 more to provide me with the same internet I am using now. Representative had no answer except that it was the end of my promotion.

Comcast and other internet service providers are prying on people and it needs to stop. I live in an over 60 apartment complex and have heard similar stories from the residents. It needs to stop. Our complex has wifi for free in the common areas and per the manager the bill does not increase by more than 50% each year so why is it that we tenants are charged such outrageous fees? Something needs to change.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Wifi connection is not 75mb and drops every 2 min! I have videotaped the lousy service they provide since the first day. I want to get out of contract without penalties, they don't deliver what they promised.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have had TV with Comcast since 1996. All of a sudden this year, I add internet, my account gets deactivated without any notice. I call 3 times to resolve, no one speaks good English, as not in the US. Get told my first call in April concerning seasonal or vacation service was never entered. I'm told my account had been deactivated, for no apparent reason. My auto payments stop and I owe over $300. I pay with credit card but then fight to get service started again. Finally resolved 5 months later, but realize Comcast has wrong billing address. Call back 3 more times and do online chat to no avail. You're the only game in town so this is how you get away with it.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I am paying for 400 mbps internet speed and have yet to break 30 mbps on all of my speed test from the Xfinity website. I have made multiple calls and requested for technicians to come out. The first 2 techs were unable to fix the problems. The most recent tech was scheduled today from 10 am - Noon. I was not by my phone and live on the 3rd floor of a condo. I hear my phone ring, answer the call that the tech is here. I go down 3 flights of stairs to open the door and the tech is driving away. I try to run out and catch him but they are gone.

I check my phone and see that a text came in at 11:23 am saying he was here. The phone call came in at 11:26 am and by 11:27 am he was gone. This is absolutely ridiculous that I have been here waiting for the 2 hour window and they are allowed to leave within 10 minutes. WHAT IF I WAS IN THE BATHROOM OR HAD A CHILD I AM TAKING CARE OF AND CAN'T GET TO THE PHONE IN THAT AMOUNT OF TIME? I called to get the tech back. She basically told me they are always double books so that if one person doesn't answer the door, then they go to the next job. She then tells me they don't know when he will be back today but they will call me... Still waiting 30 min later.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The fact that Comcast lacks a complaint department should tell you all you need to know. This is an example of a company that should have been prosecuted to the full extent of the law years ago. Not only was the service terrible, not only did they engage in an "area update" that eliminated all service on my second day, not only did they fail to provide an adequate means of online payments, but when I asked to terminate the account, their representative, a "Virtual Agent" named Howard who works from home presumably because of his splendid people skills, clearly lied to me and told me cancellation would be easy, and had in fact occurred when I paid my unpaid balance.

I admit I fouled up. I had trouble using their online auto payment option, and perhaps a more tech savvy customer would not. But that is not my regret. My belief is that I should have cancelled on the second day when their "area update" took away my paid internet. That told me all I needed to know about this company. But more damningly, I should have demanded something in writing from Howard to terminate my account, and even now after getting a second agent, Ellie, to say she has terminated my account, I have my doubts.

They commit fraud. As soon as I made final payments, they secretly 'reactivated' my account because I had paid. Howard told me my account was terminated. Howard lied. Today, nearly half a month later, I received a call from customer service who wanted me to upgrade an account I had assumed was done. Comcast's "reactivation of non paid disconnection status accounts" is a fraudulent program made to leech money off of people who have trouble using a substandard online payments option. I hate this company and hope it files for bankruptcy someday in a world where competition actually exists. Until then, they are the only regional supplier of ** mediocrity.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I work from home and I've had to call Xfinity/Comcast so many times until I've lost count! They've told me that there was a node destroyed by the storm and they're trying to repair it, mind you it's been over 2 mos since the storm they're referring caused the damage! They give me a $4 credit for the day but I lose ALL of my services not just the internet! You select for a text message to be sent once resolved to only learn that the service still isn't working because you try to get back to work and lose service again. They have now given me the number directly to advanced tech support but for what you can't troubleshoot an issue that's affecting an entire region. Then they tell me unfortunately we don't know when you could lose service or how long.

Now if this is an actual repair why can't it be scheduled, why do they keep trying to repair when it seems like they need to just replace it because their repairs definitely aren't working. Then the first thing they say is they have their advanced skilled technicians working to resolve as quick as possible. Do you know how tired I am of hearing that. They hurriedly started my contract over because I moved after I had already completed a year of my current contract stating since I'm moving it requires a new contract BS!!!

Now when I try to find another service Comcast is the only one in this area! Now why do I have to be subjected to their poor unreliable service because of where I live??? This is so UNFAIR on so many levels. All of last week I've missed work and guess what I've missed the first 2 days this week already. They've put in a new modem just last week now this week it's a known issue with my downstream and they're sending a tech out today but no one has given me a permanent resolution on when this node will be permanently fixed. It's like they're trying to do other little small stuff to distract me from the REAL issue. Even if they put in a new modem, fix the downstream none of that matters if I can still lose ALL of my services at anytime due to this supposedly node issue they have going on that can impact all of your services indefinitely!!! This service is straight GARBAGE!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Been using Xfinity for 9 months here in Houston, but most of the time your connection gets interrupted for almost 6 times a day. I called them saying they are too having connection issues... Then why not fix it once and for all? Like most companies, they are too fast at collecting your dues, but too slow to respond on your inquiries and complaints.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Ever since I signed a contract conveniently my service has been horrible. It goes out almost on a daily basis. Watching a movie screen goes black and I refresh etc. etc. to try to fix it and takes about 30-40 minutes to fix. Sometimes this happens 2 to 3 times a day. Sometimes I'm playing a game and internet goes down. I go to watch a recording and there is no sound or the sound doesn't sync with the scene and is one scene ahead or behind. I am paying way too much for ** service. On top of that every time I call the people are in India and can understand my words but can't understand the context of what I'm saying or how to apply it to a real life situation. All in all they aren't very helpful and don't really seem to know what they are talking about or how to help me.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My very real - and very sad - experience with Comcast. I have never felt compelled to share negative experiences I’ve had with service providers publicly. I am not a complainer, I am not a radical. I am simply a guy who likes to make well informed decisions and expects to get what he paid for. Here is my Comcast horror story:

July 24, 2017. My wife signed up for Comcast service for our new home. Go to Comcast location to pick up equipment to do self install. Bring equipment home, visit Walmart store for back to school shopping. Xfinity representatives are in Walmart offering “super deal”, I say “no thanks, I already signed up this morning.” He offers to compare his Xfinity promotion with what I got. Amazingly his Walmart/Xfinity promotion is better by $20 per month. I think it over and saving $20/month is worth investigating so I called Comcast at 800-934-6489 to see if they would match the Walmart promotion. I was told “NO” they would not. I then asked if I could cancel my order for service since it has not been hooked up. She said “YES”, so I cancelled my Comcast service. I grabbed all the equipment to return to their location so I could start all over with Walmart and save $240 for the year.

Just before returning the equipment I called Comcast at 800-934-6489 just to be absolutely certain they cancelled me from the system because I recall the Walmart deal was only for “new customers” and I didn’t want an issue when I got there. Prizel answered the phone. Prizel verified that the order was indeed cancelled and asked why I chose to cancel so soon. I explained the better deal and SHE OFFERED TO SEE IF THERE WAS ANYTHING SHE COULD DO TO HONOR THE LOWER RATE AND KEEP ME FROM GOING THROUGH ALL THE HASSLE I WAS ABOUT TO GO THROUGH. I said “sure” and she tried and tried and asked if she could put me on hold while she checked some things out. I agreed. The call dropped (I was experiencing horrible cell service in that location). Initial call was 5 minutes.

Prizel called me back a few minutes later from phone# 800-266-2278. She was working on overriding the system to get me the better deal. This call lasted 12 minutes as she tried and tried, then the call dropped again. Prizel called back from phone# 800-266-2278 to continue assisting me. This is when Prizel said she figured out a way to get me the lower monthly rate but she had to show it as a $20 monthly special discount or override. I clarified that I would be getting the exact same deal that the Xfinity reps at Walmart were offering and she confirmed that was the case. I thanked her for the great service and going to great lengths to get me the better promotion and saving me having to go back to Walmart to sign up. I happily drove home to set up my new equipment. My conversations with Prizel totalled approximately 41 minutes.

At 8:55 pm, after setting up all the equipment and getting ready to enjoy my new internet and TV service I called the self activation service for Comcast at 866-512-2218. I have activated service with AT&T, Bright House, and others over the last few years so I know this process takes only a few minutes. WRONG!! I was assisted by a female technician with a very heavy Indian accent. It was extremely challenging to understand her, but I was patient... Very patient. This call lasted 86 MINUTES and the tech was unable to activate my service. Very frustrating. She told me that they would have to send a technician to my home to hook it up because for some reason she was unable to. That’s an hour and a half!!! And no service.

My wife couldn’t believe it could be that hard and tried calling back to see if she would have any better luck. She called 855-652-3446 and spent 41 MINUTES with a different technician who also experienced difficulties and COULD NOT ACTIVATE OUR SERVICE. This technician said the only way to activate us was to send a technician out to our home. The next morning the technician arrived, surveyed the situation and concluded that there was no way the tech over the phone would be able to get us activated. THEIR EQUIPMENT WAS OUTDATED AND INOPERABLE requiring him to replace it. Now this was not the equipment I received from the store. No. It was the equipment inside the service box INSIDE THE WALL - equipment I could no way affect at all.

Finally our service was working. Awesome. I received my first bill and was surprised to see I was being charged the higher rate, not the rate Prizel told me she secured for me. I spent over 40 minutes on the phone with her and she told me she secured the Walmart promotion for me. Furthermore, there was a $60 activation/service call fee on my bill. THEY CHARGE ME FOR THE TECHNICIAN TO COME OUT BECAUSE THEIR IN-THE-WALL EQUIPMENT WAS INSUFFICIENT TO PROVIDE ME SERVICE!!

I called Comcast thinking it was all just an oversight and would be cleared up quickly. WRONG AGAIN! I talked to the “customer dis-service” rep for quite a while explaining what I had gone through and was met with heavy skepticism at best. I was dismissed and treated like I was trying to cheat them. By the end of the call I demanded to be called by someone who could make the correction, not someone who would only quote the policy book to me.

Several calls later I was not any closer to resolving what had become quite a big issue. That is when I lodged a complaint with the BBB as well as the FTC - something I have never done in my entire life! I also posted a negative review on several sites as well as Comcast's own FaceBook page. Well, at least that got me some attention. Still no help though. Then I received a call from TIFFANY **, EXECUTIVE CUSTOMER RELATIONS, **. We played some phone tag and I did get the opportunity to talk to some other people at Comcast with absolutely no success whatsoever. I have been treated as a liar and a thief.

I even talked to Renita of Greater Chicago, apparently a customer service guru. She dismissed my account of what had happened to me and kept quoting the rate I was going to get - the higher rate. I demanded that they go back and listen to the recordings of the phone call with Prizel to hear exactly what happened. She finally agreed to do that but told me - now get this - if they found that I was correct and was guaranteed the lower rate by Prizel they would issue me a MISINFORMATION STATEMENT. Got that… A misinformation statement. In other words, they still would not honor the lower rate for me but would admit that their employee had misinformed me. Can you imagine???

I demanded to talk to someone who could help me, Renita told me someone would call. A couple days later I did receive a call from a gentleman whose name I have misplaced. He told me that he went back and listened to my call with Prizel and that she did not offer me the lower price at all. He did hear that the call had dropped though. Well, he was right, Prizel did not find the solution on the first call, it was the third call (remember she called me back twice). He told me that SHE DID NOT CALL ME BACK, THAT THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF HER CALLING ME ON THAT DAY!!! So he called me a liar!!

I have pulled my phone records and have a log of all the calls that were placed and received. I have the proof that Prizel indeed called me back twice that day. Finally, I received a letter that Tiffany ** sent to the BBB and the FTC saying that she explained the charges on my bill to me and that everything has been handled as far as they are concerned. I couldn’t believe what I was reading. They dismissed me entirely, they essentially called me a liar, and all they ever did is quote me what they were going to charge me no matter what.

Dismayed, I called Tiffany ** to tell her how terribly unhappy I was with Comcast. She did not answer the phone so I left a detailed message explaining that I wanted to discontinue service with them. I choose to surround myself with positive people and companies. Negative energy does not serve me and I do not want to associate with a company that lacks morals and ethics from top to bottom.

She did not return my call. She had an associate call me to say if I had any further questions to call Tiffany. So I called Tiffany again, and left another message asking to disassociate myself from Comcast. I feel parting ways is the only solution acceptable to both parties. I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED A CALLBACK FROM TIFFANY **, EXECUTIVE CUSTOMER RELATIONS. So I called AT&T who happily (and without a $60 install fee) came out and set up my new service with them yesterday. I am about to return all of my equipment to the local Comcast location.

I am very curious to see how Comcast handles my cancelling their service. I’m sure they will want to send me to a collection agency, which I will fight. I have all the proof of the phone calls made. I have proof that their self activation technicians could not activate my service after over two hours of trying on the night of July 24th. I have proof that I called Tiffany ** twice last week and she has decided to not call me back. All I want at this point is to part ways amicably. Let’s see what they choose to do!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Do. Not. Get. Xfinity. Not only will you pay a low fee for a year, they will reward you with upping your charges and springing fees on you without telling you! Then you will sit on the phone for an HOUR with them and not doing anything but trying to convince you and manipulating you into it being correct! We only need internet. We don't use cable, we can not use cable, it's not possible for us. They told us that getting the streaming service with our internet would be cheaper than getting internet alone. (WHAT?!)

So the first time we talked to someone, she called us to tell us our internet was no longer going to be the low price and the next cheapest option would be to get the streaming service too. She also told us we could stream using an app on our PlayStation4, she guaranteed it... IT DOESN'T EXIST. So she changed our agreement, we agreed to pay the, what, $72, this month we were charged for some "partial month fee", that we were never told about. They told us that there will be NO EXTRA charges for adding the stupid streaming service that we can't even use! So anyway, we got charged $94. Let me spell it out for you, NINETY FOUR DOLLARS. So we called up, lady said, "Oh, we'll fix it. No problem." It wasn't fixed. Nothing happened.

So today we called again and talked to Joe, who claimed to be a supervisor, for 40 minutes. Trying to convince us that it was right, and we were not manipulated or lied to, and everything was correct. We talked and yelled and screamed, but, in the end, we are WRONG. We insisted on talking to his manager for 40 minutes, and finally I got him to send us to Ivan, badge number **, who also said he was a supervisor. He also did nothing. Kept trying to explain this mysterious fee, that no one could explain clearly. He also said we could not get charged for adding this service, we had paid September in full, said there was a refund, (there wasn't.) Kept on insisting we look at the bill as we already had been. The bill didn't explain the partial fee, just said there was one.

I asked him specifically if he was going to do anything to help me, since his employees ALL told us something different, and none of them seemed to know what was actually going on. He tried to explain it all again, and I said, "No. it's a yes or no question. Are you going to help me, or not." He said, "There is nothing to help with, since the bill is right." They had no one come over, nothing changed, except the stupid streaming service.

You've got to be kidding me. By this time it had been an hour, and we had to leave for work. So I got his name, Ivan, Badge number **, and his managers name, Rupen. (But who knows, they're probably lying about this too.) Then they called my boyfriend when he got to work, the lady talked to him, then HUNG UP ON HIM. Thus all causing him to be LATE FOR WORK, and losing his composure.

They also have a lock on our box, so we couldn't get a different internet service, which is why we chose Xfinity, to avoid the hassle. We had a decent year with them, paid on time, every single month, just bought 2 new Galaxy S8+s with them, and this is how they treat their customers. ** customer service, I have EVER, experienced. They're liars, trying to make us pay for fees, none of them know about, spoke rudely to us, hung up on us, and didn't help whatsoever, and obviously don't communicate with one another and don't know what they're talking about. Do. Not. Get. Xfinity. Ever.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

For at least five years I've had constant connection issues with my internet. I've bought new modems and routers and have called Comcast countless times over the years. I reset my modem several times every single day and regularly have Comcast reset it as well. They've sent technicians out to tell me there is nothing wrong with my internet connection. I've been with Comcast for nearly 20 years and I wish I could rate them with negative stars.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

This is the most unreliable internet one can get. I understand internet speeds may vary from time to time, however I'm paying for high speed internet and at times my speeds are slower than dial up. I hope Xfinity realize that it is illegal to "cap" internet speeds when one is paying for a certain internet speed package. When you try to call customer service you wait for hours to get someone, probably because they know what they are doing.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I am a new customer, I have been with them for 3 months plus, and have been having connection issue from router to cable box. Called Comcast to schedule tech appointments and gives me the run around. Their service is good but their technicians are horrible. In conclusion, get ready for a wild ride if you deal with them.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Beginning in May 2014 I began an Xfinity service contract for three years at my business. My business requires high internet speed for my clients, but Xfinity's internet speed is only up to 150 mbps which is not good enough. So in August 2017, after the three-year agreement expired I moved to Verizon Fios on September 29, 2017 for a higher internet speed which is 500 mbps. Additionally, I experienced the following problems when I requested Comcast close my account:

1. Comcast required an additional 60-day extra service fee even after the account was closed. However, there are no terms or conditions regarding an additional 60-day fee on the Service Agreement. 2. I was asked to electronically sign to cancel my account with DocuSign. It required my signature in the middle of the document. So I clicked "Ok", and then soon after I figured out that 60-day extra payment was required at the bottom of the document that I did not recognize. Then about an hour later I contacted customer service stating that it was not my intention to agree to those terms of the contract and would like to withdraw my signature. I was denied even after four conversations with the Billing Department Supervisor whose is Johnny. His employee ID **. I asked his last name, but he was evasive and refused to give it.

3. I asked the customer service agent wherein the Terms and Conditions the additional 60-day charge is noted, and requested that I be e-mailed a photocopy of the agreement. I received the Terms and Conditions by e-mail. I found my signature on the paper, but I believe my signature may have been forged, possibly by a sales employee by the name of David **. 4. As a result I wrote this post, which is my first experience, intending to warn other people that they could be cheated and victimized because of this dishonest business. I strongly DO NOT recommend people to join Comcast service because of my terrible experience, and lack of compassionate customer care.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I switched to Xfinity/Comcast in June of 2015. Excellent reliable service since then. I have my internet, telephone, television and home protection with them. The few problems that I have encountered, they were here either the same day, or following day. Personally, Comcast has been a pleasurable experience for us.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Called to complain about never getting speeds over 10mbps, their response is they don't guarantee speeds. When I switched to a slower speed service since I never got 100mbps, the internet got slower. Seems like a scam. FTC should look into how Comcast sells their internet speed packages and the actual speeds that consumers receive.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast is one of the largest Internet providers in the United States. It also offers cable television and phone services, and it has numerous bundling options for customers to choose from.

• Fast connection speeds: Internet services are offered at speeds of 6 Mbps and higher. The fastest connections may reach 150 Mbps or more.

• Bundling options: Comcast offers many options for bundling services. Customers can choose an Internet package and add various telephone and cable services.

• 24/7 customer support: Customers can browse the online help section. If they still have questions, 24/7 phone support or chat support is available.

• Customer guarantee: Comcast offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. It also offers bill credits in certain situations, such as a technician arriving late for an appointment.

• Home and business options: There are numerous packages available for both residential and commercial customers, and business customers can get a free quote online.

• Best for: Business owners, work-at-home employees and students.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs