2.68/5

2664 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 6, 2019

Saw the bad reviews, but for the price, thought I would roll the dice. Definitely not as advertised. Bought the most premium package and the internet is constantly failing. It won't come back on until the next day. Pretty sure that they turn it off after you use a certain amount of data (which I really don't use hardly at all). Asked them to come and fix it as it was just installed a couple of months ago and they said there might be a fee to do so. Guy on customer service seemed pleased I was canceling. Just overall a really bad product and bad service. Wish I had just paid more and gone with another company.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I haven't had an interruption in service, as some of the reviewers here have had. Nevertheless, the quality of customer service is very low. I woke up to the fact that we were throwing away $232/mo on cable, internet and phone. We did subscribe to HBO, but that would still only account for a fraction of the total. We've been Comcast customers for over 5 years, and I thought that they would be willing to work with us on reducing the amount of money that we spent every month. They said that there wasn't anything they could do unless we reduced the internet speed. Because we sometimes work from home, that wasn't really an option.

I elected to stop cable and phone in order to reduce our bill. It did reduce it, but only to $105/mo. We bought an antenna for the TV, and we have always used our cell phones. When I got the bill last month, they still charged $232. I called and the situation was resolved, but it still upset me. I called Verizon. They offered me cable (with HBO), internet and phone plus one year of Netflix for $134/mo, and the internet is considerably faster (FIOS). I'm not endorsing Verizon - I'm sure that they're equally as evil as Comcast. All I can say is the service will be noticeably less AND considerably faster.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I have cable and internet included in my homeowners association and in 2 occasions had to call a technician to come over to my house because I was unable to resolve the issue over the phone. On both occasions I clearly ask the representative if there was a charge for the service visit and they told me there wasn't. Later when I received my bill I was charge $70 for one visit and $60 for the other. I was on the phone for 4 hours in 4 different occasions to get this resolved. Got to the point of losing my temper after repeating the same history over and over again. Yesterday I was on the phone for an hour and finally got a supervisor to tell me they were going to refund both charges. I never got the credit and I am on the phone again, on hold for 55 minutes to talk to a supervisor again. This company's customer service is a shame! I just can't believe they can stay in business, it's a disgrace to the industry.

Original review: April 2, 2019

We were loyal Comcast customers and updated our service a few months before we moved into a new house, we called to move our service and were informed that Comcast did not service the new location. No one mentioned a cancellation fee until we received a bill for $360.00 and no one was willing to work with us on this at all. So after years of being a customer they still found a way to price gouge us. We paid the bill and will never be or recommend that anyone will be a Comcast customer again. The service is good but so are other providers. In the end it will always come down to how they treat customers.

Original review: April 1, 2019

My internet speed dropped way low a couple of hours ago and I attempted to use the Xfinity speed test and kept getting an error. It would not test the speed. So I went directly to Speedtest.net and my upload speed was 24.09 mbps. Normally it is closer to 30 mbps. So I called Xfinity and spoke with Joy. She proceeded to tell me it was my box not their internet. The speed will go back up here soon like it usually does. But she refused to answer why the Xfinity speed test kept throwing an error. So I told her I was not going to argue with her but that the problem is their speed and not my modem. Don't treat me like I am stupid and don't pass off the problem like I'm stupid.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: March 31, 2019

Comcast is an awful provider. I’ve been without cable & internet for over 5 days, and still waiting for an ETA. I’ve called Comcast over a dozen times to have a different answer each call. The representatives are awful & really don’t care about the customer. I also spoke to a supervisor that made false promises. I’m so disappointed in the way I have been treated. It’s really sad that a company this size treats customers the way they do. I’d love the opportunity to speak with the Comcast CEO. NOT RIGHT...

Original review: March 31, 2019

Updated on 05/03/2019: I first wrote a review about Comcast and their poor customer service on March 31st, of this year. The issue I wrote about is still ongoing. The issue began with a contractor from D.R. Horton cutting our internet line while removing sod on March 27th. We had the cable/internet line pre-marked by Miss Utility because we were going to have a tree delivered and planted. Still the contractors managed to miss seeing orange paint and flags marking the internet/cable line and cut it in multiple places. After doing a self repair on the line, calling Comcast we waited from someone to show up. We were given an appointment for the next day Thursday March 28th. No one ever showed up.

I call again, are given another date and appointment, this time Saturday March 30th. Same thing again. No one shows up. When I do call customer service the quality of the service varies. Sometimes you get someone who on top of their job, other times someone who is rude. Once again I get another date and appointment time. This time Monday April 1st. This time someone does show up but it is in the middle of a rain storm. The technician does the repair, removes our temporary patch. We thank him and he is on his way. Two days later more issues start. Our service is in and out, in and out over a period of a week before I call them again.

I go through all of the modem checks and jump through all of the hoops that Comcast request of their customers in order to prove there is an issue with your service. The first person I spoke with realize there was an issue and made a repair appointment for the following week on Wednesday April 17th as that was the earliest appointment available. It was April 10th when I called about the issue. The customer service rep did put us on a wait list for Saturday April 13th and offered a to refund some money for the constant outages. By Friday April 12th Comcast was calling us multiple times a day trying to get us to cancel our appointment. They said everything looked fine from their end. When we refused they took us off of the wait list.

They moved our appointment with a technician to Tuesday April 16th. On Saturday April 13th we received no less than five calls from Comcast wanting us to cancel our appointment. Cut to Tuesday April 16th, the technician comes out looks at the line and finds four additional cuts in the line the previous tech missed in the rain storm on April 1st. Water getting the line was causing our service to come and go. Because the line might have more damage than he can see, he runs a new line across our driveway and through the front yard with clear instructions that it is to be buried in two to five business days. The technician said if Comcast contractors do not show up in that time then I would need to call them. That is what I ended up doing.

I called and was told it would take up to fourteen days to get someone out to bury the cable. I was given the appointment date of May 2nd between 7 am to 8 pm. Today May 2nd, on returning home around 1:20 pm there was a contractor from Comcast parked in front of my home. He walked around for a bit, looked at the cable in the yard. He then tried to start a generator on the trailer he had in tow behind his truck. Next time I look out my window his truck was facing the opposite direction in front of my house, then it just pulled away. Meanwhile the cable was still across my driveway and yard not buried.

I called Comcast to ask what was going on, they said they would look into it and call me back. Three hours pass and still no call back. I call Comcast again, this time I was told they still had until 8 pm to come back out to bury the line. I call again at 8:06 pm as no one had come back out. Now I have another appointment for cable burial tomorrow May 3rd between 8 am to 8 pm. The fact this has been going on since March 27th until now is hard to wrap my head around. When our contract is up we will be looking for another provider because I cannot keep dealing with the level of incompetence that Comcast is displaying.

Original Review: I sit here trying to write this review while trying not to get upset again. This horror story started on Wednesday March 27th of this week when some idiot contractors hired by D.R. Horton cut our cable line for the third time in less than five months. I know accidents happen but this was beyond that. We had just had all utility lines marked by Miss Utility the week before and where they cut had been clearly marked with orange flags that had cable line written on them in bold black and orange paint sprayed on the ground.

Needless to say we get home, notice our cable was not working, walked outside to the sidewalk to see the cut/damaged cable line lying on the dirt, no contractors in sight. We immediately call Comcast, go through the whole song and dance of checking the modem, blah, blah, blah, finally get a live person on the phone. My husband is making the call this time. He explains that the cable has been cut by contractors and we need someone to come out, repair and rebury the cable. He was then told the earliest they could have someone come out was Saturday March the 30th. After getting off the phone we both said no way are we going to go three days without our internet which is our only source for T.V. and Internet.

So my husband goes out makes a temp patch with some cable we have and electrical tape. That does the trick, internet back up. Next thing we know we are getting a call from Comcast, "Oh we notice your service is working" yeah because my husband put a temp patch on it. Then the tune changed to, "We can have someone out to your house between noon and 4 pm tomorrow March 28th, but you must be home." Fine, so I wait and wait and wait, and no one ever shows up. So I call Comcast, they tell me the appointment was canceled "BY WHOM" not I.

Now, "We cannot have anyone out to your house until Saturday March 30th." "What time?" "They will be there between 5 pm and 7 pm. You don't need to be home since they are doing work outside." Wrong we do need to be home as this is a gated community and the only way they are getting through those gates are if we let them in. So we wait, wait and wait. At 6:45 pm I had enough and decide to call Comcast to make sure someone was coming. I get a service rep who had a bad headset to which I could barely hear her or understand her.

Finally get that cleared up, verify who I am, why I am calling only to be told the the actually time for someone to come was suppose to be between 8 am and 8 pm and that they had over an hour to get to us. That we needed to keep our phone line clear since the driver would need to call us and if due to a schedule change someone would call us. Guess what 8 pm came and went and no one showed up nor did they call to say the appointment was canceled. What is wrong with this company.

I was so miffed that at 8:10 pm on March 30th I call Comcast again. Go through the whole song and dance again to verify who I am. Then I go through explaining what happened, why I am calling, only be told we have to go through a modem check. Are you serious, another modem check when the whole issue is a cut cable line. He said he could not make any new appointments until another modem check was done. My blood pressure is about to go through the roof. He then informs me the previous missed appointments were for just burying the cable not a repair and that they have up to fourteen days to come out and bury it.

Now I am in stroke territory. He puts in the correct information "guess so, I can't see what he is typing" and tells me the next appointment they have is for Monday April 1st. I guess I will be their April Fool. He promised someone will be there on Monday, I wanted to say, "Don't make promises you can't keep." So far we have gotten an email with the appointment on it which is a first as the others never sent us an email confirming any appointment.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Opened a Comcast Business line for $99 - 75mb/15mb 2 year contract. I had to move to a different location and they wouldn't transfer my current plan/price. Had to downgrade to $69.99 - 25mb/5mb and since I did not want to sign a 2+ year contract, I am getting charged a $200 installation fee just so one of their techs can run a tracer on the line....Robbery....Will be switching to Sonic after this 1 year is done. Comcast essentially became a bottom-feeder now.

Original review: March 29, 2019

We called Comcast over 3 weeks ago to help transfer our old service to our new house being completed. We knew they had to bury supply lines to the house so we gave them advanced notice. The guy shows up and there is no service line to the house. The same thing happened 4 years ago. These guys are just not serious about their job. If there was competition, this would not have happened.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Worst customer service you could find. Go elsewhere. After A year they will rip you off. Companies like this one shouldn’t exists. They charge me 170 a month after a year for just internet. I’m so upset. If you want to be treated really bad as customer go with them.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I had contacted Comcast in regards to a payment extension and was told it was applied only to have my services suspended. 1st I was told on March 17th my past due balance was 42.61 and that I could have an extension until the 26th. I contacted Comcast on the 26th asking for an additional 3-day ext which was approved by a supervisor, but the following day my service was interrupted which I contacted Comcast again where an agent told me at 1st she didn't see that arrangement and then said yes she did and that services would be restored.

I waited about 15-20 mins and still no service. I called and it was a recording saying I had arrangement set for 125.61 which was not what was discussed for payment and that there was an outage in my area and that it was being worked on. In the meantime I contacted Comcast again and spoke to another agent who said I would need to speak to collections. The rep gave me the number and it was a "not in service number." Again I called back explaining all that happened to another rep and then was told I would have to pay 142.36 to restore services. I told them that is not what was discussed and that they need to please check the recorded call. The agent said she reached out to the supervisor and agent that I spoke with previously for the 2nd extension and that the supervisor would reach out to me, but I have not heard back.

I also have experienced issues with my voice service. You can call out, but not receive calls and twice I reported this and still not resolved. I also called to have my voice services disconnected and the rep tells me "I have to pay past due balance of 142.36" which I did already earlier in the day, although I did not agree or understand that balance. She said she could not process this I would have to contact them in 24 hrs to proceed with that. Plus we've had more than usual amount of outages over the past couple weeks with no service for at least a couple hours. I have been fairly satisfied with Comcast as my service up until now. The fact that I had to spend most of my morning trying to resolve this is ridiculous. I appreciate the opportunity to get extensions, but it should never be this frustrating or such a lack of documentation or communication between my file and the agents.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Awful customer service provided by Connecting from Xfinity Assistant. Akshit. 3 hours later...would not keep my service cost the same even though the services are less than when I signed up! Going to just get internet elsewhere so I can watch TV at a reasonable cost without all this hassle.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I was given a number from my prospective management company to call for about setting up internet. I was dismayed to discover it is was Comcast as I have had previous experience with them. I was also dismayed to learn that the management company and Comcast use a loophole in the FFC rule that prevents exclusivity between ISPs and Apartment management companies. Given all of these things, I checked prices online before calling the sales representative. When I explain I only wanted to internet, he tried to immediately to sell me cable and internet because "it meant the internet was cheaper." I asked how would paying more as a whole for something I did not want or use make my cost cheaper?

After I expressed my frustration about being locked into using one company, he offered me a "discount." This "discount" matched the current internet only promo offer of $34.99 advertised on Comcast's website. When I asked him how much the rate will go up after the promotional period was over, he said "$20." The actual increase from Comcast's website: After promo, or if any service is canceled or downgraded, regular rates apply. Comcast's monthly service charge for Performance Internet is $74.95 (subject to change). That is a $40 increase, not a $20 increase. I simply told him, "No thank you" and hung up the phone after that.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Comcast has billed me early termination when I did not sign up of another year. After talking to the CS for one hour waiting for the manager the CS kept telling me I’m on hold. Clearly they don’t want to assist. I signed one year only when the bill came up. I called. Was told the bill will just go up $20 more because I told them I will be relocating and won’t need the service anymore. Now they bill me $90 more of early cancellation for something I called don’t want to be in a 2nd contract. I don’t know where Comcast gets their staff that don’t document correctly what customer wants. After holding over one hr given the runaround by CS for the supervisor to come to the phone told that the bill is with the collections. Terrible. They bill you and you don’t have any recourse.

Original review: March 22, 2019

We called Comcast/Xfinity to transfer the internet service to the new address. They said because the house is new construction they have to verify address and update their system. Ok. I did a service availability search and their system told me the neighbor to the South currently has their service. It told me the neighbor to the North has availability and the neighbor across the street on the West has availability. They have to check and get back to me. 5 days later I call and am told they are still updating their system. The guy was super nice, he will try to expedite for me to give him 48 hours and call them back if I have not heard anything. I stressed we wanted the service for 5 days later and 5 days have already passed so it was getting close. 48 hours later still no update.

I try to call and can't so I do an online chat. Rep couldn't tell me anything but that it still has to be updated in their system so I ask for supervisor. Supervisor tells me same thing. I ask exactly what does that mean and what are we waiting on and he doesn't know exactly. I ask if someone has to physically go out there or if they check their service CAD systems. He isn't sure but thinks they have to go out there. He has no access to my ticket number and doesn't know if anyone has been out there or anything. He tells me his recommendation is for me to go to the local store and ask them to see if they can tell me???

I end chat with him after copying the content. My son does another chat and the rep he gets cannot give any updates but can at least provide the ticket number. I do a message to Executive Customer Care Comcast has and paste the content of the chat. Next day I get a call from my problem solver (hahahahahahaha). She tells me that she sees I am frustrated but they have to check service ability and update their system before anything can be scheduled. I am flipping out now because she is talking like I haven't been asking for this to happen. She is trying to explain it to me like I am an idiot. Then she is defense and saying this is issue just got to her and she is trying to fix it yada yada. I told her she may have just gotten it but I have been trying for a week. She keeps saying we have to start where we start and follow the process.

I have to demand she check for my original request. She reluctantly does so and finds my ticket from 8 days ago. THEN tells me that it hadn't gone anywhere because they need some kind of address verification from either USPS or an electric bill. I am uh, ok, no one said this before and does it matter as the service is on 3 sides. If they are going to have to go out there anyway and verified service is next door via computer why is it necessary. The reason is it is protocol. I am not the brightest person but it is not hard to figure out that if service is available on 3 sides and green space on 4th side service should be processed without waiting for some other company verification of my address. Next I ask for another supervisor. She will pass it on and it will take 24-48 hours for them to get in contact with me??? You are getting the level of customer service here right?

Ok, so my son gets on their Twitter and starts messaging with a rep. They explain that they need the address verification. He tells them we will not have an electric bill for like 45 days. We send them copy of email from electric company confirming service change to that address. We send them email from USPS that confirms our address change. We send them copy of the Certificate of Occupancy from the local jurisdiction of authority for construction (and 911 address assignment), we send them copy of NEW voter registration to new voting precinct based on new address that was mailed by the Supervisor of Elections to us at the new address and received in our new mailbox by the USPS.

NONE of these are good enough to verify our address. So, moving day is tomorrow morning and we have no idea when we will get service because Comcast/Xfinity still doesn't know if our new address is serviceable. Son sent them a screenshot of electric account showing address, electric company logo, my name, and $0 balance. Not good enough.

I just spoke to another person on the executive escalation team and she said that nothing we submitted is acceptable to the serviceability department and they will ONLY accept a utility bill because they need to be sure there is a meter there. Well if they went they would see the meter, the power is on, the AC is running. But they won't do that. They have to wait until my 1st bill is generated by the electric company and I get a copy to them then they can see about getting us service. I keep hearing, "Well this is the protocol." Or "This is the document we require." Or "We are working from now, not when you originally requested it." My thought it since I originally requested it 9 days ago and NOTHING has happened, they should flex what they normally do.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I filed Bankruptcy in March 2017. An unlawful bill from Comcast was part of the discharge by the Bankruptcy Court. Two years later, they are still trying to collect this bill. This is against the law. They have recently ruined my credit scores again. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! Worst company in the history of the United States!

Original review: March 20, 2019

I recently downgraded my service and since then I have not been able to view a YouTube video in its entirety. The quality has also been extremely poor. I still have higher speeds than I do at my other residence where I have no issues whatsoever. I also looked up the specs and found that I have adequate speed to do everything I was doing before. In fact, I can still view a Netflix movie in high definition with no issues. Why can't I view a YouTube video with the same ease? Is it because someone is running interference to try and manipulate your decision to downgrade? Sure sounds like it. I seriously question the honesty and integrity of this company.

Original review: March 18, 2019

On Friday March 14 2019 X1 services out for about 6 hours and now today March 17 2019 woke up at 7:30 am and services were out again. Now it's 9:10 pm and there is still no service. If you call they say services won't be back till 3 pm Monday March 18 2019. Have called several times and asked for a discount and they won't even give an inch for any form of compensation. Great way to have happy customers.

Original review: March 15, 2019

A guy came out to install our internet and cable in our new home in a new development. It took him an hour to figure out that Comcast hadn’t provided service to the area yet. They said they would do this before the next guy came out, but they didn’t, and it took the second guy two hours to figure out that the same problem existed on their end. At this point we were so frustrated we cancelled service and made an appointment with another provider. In two days, Comcast showed up at our door without an appointment, pounding and hollering who knows what, scaring me to death. I didn’t know it was Comcast and didn’t answer the door. I wouldn’t have answered regardless; we cancelled them! They call my husband at work after bothering me at the door for literally an hour. My husband asks them why they are hounding his wife after we cancelled and with no appointment. Worst customer service EVER.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Where I live in CT, Comcast is the only provider for wifi/internet. I made no changes, but my bill increased $40. So why are they able to do this? It is not right and I want to report them but who should I call? I am a senior citizen who lives on SS and my husband has dementia so he needs to watch TV? They do not care? It's despicable behavior!

Original review: March 11, 2019

From the beginning I had freezing, lagging, pages jumping, and slowness. I wasn't using the computer so much and the interruption was intermittent so I thought it was the browser Over a 2 1/2 yr period I tried other browsers, then thought it was the computer so I bought and returned two computers as the problem persisted. I swapped out modems a few times and moved the modem to different parts of the room but nothing helped. I called a few times for techs to check it out and said repeatedly to check the incoming cable but nothing was fixed.

Finally on a weekend a business tech saw my appointment for that day and decided to take it himself as he noticed that similar problems were reported in the area. He nailed it right away, finding problems at the main feed and the underground cable leading into the duplex. While this fix was in progress I started to ask for a credit for the months of bad service I had put up with when no one would listen to me. Initially there was talk of a 4 mo credit although I wanted six, and once the work was done the attitude changed as I'm sure they saw that it was their fault all along and now they wanted to give me the kiss off.

After weeks of haggling and repeating the story of poor service I was awarded a measly $100 credit and they were done with me. It should have been obvious that after the new underground cable was done and the other issues fixed that the internet speed and reliability improved greatly but by then I was fed up. I have switched to CenturyLink which is slower as I live in a low speed area but I am relieved to not have to pay the high price every month for so much stress.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I just placed a new order with Xfinity, now I am getting the feeling this is NOT going to be a good relationship down the road. First off, the plan online was $29.99/mo. for 12 months, and you get additional $10 off with auto bill and online billing. So this sounded like a good deal, I placed the order online, it was easy. Then I chatted with a rep. online trying to ship the equipment to a UPS store where someone can sign for it. This should not be a problem, but the rep. claim it can only be picked up at a store, since I am in Chicago, I was close to one store, which I am fine with.

Then the SOB cancelled my initial order which I never approved. He placed a separate order at a HIGHER PRICE FOR THE SAME LEVEL OF SERVICE. I told him to fix it, then he transferred me to a super, but super was also incompetent! I do not understand why Xfinity is hiring these idiots??? Sure, they are cheap oversea, but they do NOT get the jobs done. They are just collecting paycheck for screwing up customers here!!! Or maybe that is exactly what Comcast wanted???

At any rate, later I called to file a complain, then the agent is again a person located in Philippines, she does NOT want to solve the problem, ONLY keep saying that NOTHING IS INCORRECT. I guess the plan is to convince you nothing was wrong, so nothing is wrong. I was so frustrated on the phone for over 2 hours, and things was just getting WORSE. Eventually, I just gave up and prepared to call on Monday for a U.S. rep. at the customer solutions department.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Have not had internet service running for full speed for a single day. Service and customer personnel sound like robots apologizing and understanding but 4 months into the contract still having the same issues. They ask for one more chance to fix the issue and have you go past the 30 day money back guarantee to lock you in. Run as fast as you can and get whatever other option you can get. They simply do not deliver the product and have service technicians come out every other day to accomplish nothing. I will have them continue to waste their tech time and have them come out until they want to cancel me as they will not let me out of the contract. I have a new full time job nagging them every day for the next 20 months.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I have paid for 150 Mbps internet. I have NEVER gotten CLOSE to that speed. I sometimes wait 5-10 minutes before a page even loads. What BS is this? Try any other service if you can. I don't know why there is not a class action lawsuit against these fraudulent claims.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I signed-up for Xfinity Internet plan with 30 days money back guarantee. I disconnected it in 10 days but I haven't got my money back. It's been 3-4 weeks. I keep calling customer service but nothing happened till date.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I've had Comcast for years solely because they're the only internet provider in my area. If they weren't, I would never do business with them again. Their customer service is garbage, they constantly mess up my bill (which has ONE SINGLE SERVICE ON IT) and their internet connection is slow, spotty and drops all the time. 0/5 stars. I hate this company.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

This morning at 11:49 AM, I received a phone call by one of Comcast's sales agents, alerting me to the "fact" that my $24 per month service was just about to be increased by DOUBLE, "to $40.99." I was was shocked. I'm a senior citizen, living on my Social Security check only, and simply couldn't afford to pay twice my normal rate. The fast talking representative told me that "this was the absolutely lowest price Comcast could offer me," and asked me to provide her an online approval before she hung up, after giving me a high-pressure sales pitch, lasting over 30-minutes. She told me that if I approved, I had "30-days to cancel my subscription" and that she would be sending me an email confirming everything she just said. She never did.

I immediately hung up the phone, and contacted a representative in Customer Service, by the name of 'Kathryn **.' That call was the best one I ever made. When I told her of the new charges, she sounded surprised, telling me that I only had to pay $19.99 per month for my basic service, NOT $40.90! To say that I was surprised was an understatement!!! After profusely thanking her for her honesty, I did some research, and discovered that Comcast is guilty of "Upselling," in other words, having their unethical agents make cold calls, scaring the heck out of their loyal customers, lying through their teeth, and trying to steal their money under totally false circumstances.

When I was still with my previous service provider, such an illegal thing would NEVER happen, only with Comcast/Xfinity. I immediately contacted Comcast's Complaint Department, and the woman told me that this agent would be "spoken to." 'SPOKEN TO'? She should be fired, then thrown in jail for fraud!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Where to begin. I am yet another victim of Comcast's extremely deceptive business practices! I got Comcast internet for my apartment in DC in February 2015 on a non-contractual basis as a new customer. Every year, they increase the monthly rate ridiculously and I call back and ask if they can lower the price (or I will be forced to explore the competition's pricing) and they come back with the fact that they have a promotion going on and would lower the price. I ALWAYS make sure to ask if I can cancel at any time the answer to which has always been, yes. I also get cold calls from them all the time with promotional rates of this and that... So this has been going on for a while.

So I called yesterday, 2/26/2019, to cancel my account as I am moving and low and behold, I am in a 2 year contract!!! This is something I would never have signed up for - I have been against any cable/internet/phone contracts as these are simply not beneficial to the customer and solely benefit the oligopoly companies. Additionally, the prices offered give no incentive to get yourself tied up in a contract when you can find just as good a rate or a better one easily from a competitor. I had over 2 hours of conversations with their customer service yesterday, talked to four people, and they basically gave me the run around with undertonings of rudeness.

They are claiming that on Jan 5, 2018, I had a phone conversation with one of their agents. They hiked up the rate from the previous year right around that time so it is true that I called in early January of last year (I don't remember the date). At the time, I did the same things I had done in years past. I told the agent that Comcast has hiked up my rate from the previous year's $49 (mind you for basic internet) to $74 and that I do not want to pay that, do they have a better deal? The agent came back with a $49.99 promotional rate (again exactly like in the three years past since I have been with them where never once was I in a long-term contract).

I am certain the agent never mentioned a 2-year contract. I do not have a recording of the conversation from Jan 5, 2018 but I most likely would have asked for whether or not the rate was for a contract!! Unless I was out of my mind that day, it makes no sense for me to sign up for a 2-year contract when Verizon or other providers would have offered the same deal for no contract - Comcast does not have a monopoly in DC. So, when I talked to the various agents and supervisors yesterday, they claimed that I agreed to a two-year contract via a link that they sent me via text where I checked marks agreeing with a 2-year contract. I asked to see a copy of it - NOPE, they can't provide that. They only save that for internal purposes.

When I asked why, the response was "that's just how our system is set up". Then also told me that they sent me one confirmation email and a follow up email stating this on Jan 5 and 6 of 2018. I do not see how notification emails can constitute an agreement - those emails don't do anything for me. Where did I agree to the 2-year contract is the question. Even better, one of the agents from yesterday told me that the agent who talked to me in January 2018 didn't have to disclose the 2-year agreement via phone (what!! DECEPTIVE) and that all they can go off is the confirmation emails they sent me (to which I never replied and didn't even know I received at the time until yesterday).

Also, the agent told me that the 2-year agreement is also listed on my bills. Where on the bills, you ask? On the last page in an obscure place where you would never scroll down to! Again DECEPTIVE. Again, I don't see how the fact that this was put on the bill continues to me agreeing to the contract. All I basically check on a monthly basis is the amount that I pay via the notification that I receive via email to which a supervisor I talked to replied "we are not responsible for you not checking your bill." (CONDESCENDING AND DECEPTIVE!)

Of course, there are a bunch of Class Action lawsuits and settlements against Comcast out there for misleading customers - some of which have given me satisfaction as I searched the internet for them yesterday after the infuriating calls. And I cannot wait to add my name to that list. I will be taking up this matter with DC's attorney general and/or Consumer Regulatory Affairs. At a minimum, I think Comcast needs to present evidence of when/how I accepted the 2-year contract in January 2018 - the voice recording as well as my supposed acceptance via a link sent through text. I have zero recollection of this occurring.

Additionally, is this really the correct way to treat your long-term customers? Isn't it better business practice to be courteous with your clients? Will I ever recommend Comcast to any colleague, friend, or family member? No. Will I use Comcast again? No - and I won't be forced to given the competition (even if limited) in the area that I live in. Beyond the deception, what makes me reel is the amount of time spent on the phones to get the same answers and how infuriating the underlying rudeness in agents' responses. And oh, a supervisor was supposed to give me a call back within the hour after I spent 45 minutes with the first agent & of course, they didn't call back - I had to call back and ask for a supervisor again.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Charged me $70.00 to solve a problem I had notified them about for 6 months. Finally diagnosed problem as a defective DVR they supplied. Then they refused to give a break to a senior apt complex of 300 units. So much for Trump giving them a big tax break and then Comcast sticks it to Seniors. No compassion in that organization. Just greed.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Pls be aware. Do not fall in trap of free gift card or phone or bundle up kind things. Do not even fall into trap of high speed fast internet or kind of thing like your speed will boost. No no no. Big no. Company have lot of promotion and attraction will through lot of baits and if you are not wise enough you gone like once fish catch bait. That's over. In my case they promised to deliver extremely high speed internet and changed my plan by just talking. No difference. We reverse it but bill they charged according to oh boy. They will just take advantage of your goodness. Pls it is my humble request with you all customer. Pls be careful. Do not fall into their trap. They are not honest. Period.

Comcast Internet Service Company Information