Comcast Internet Service

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.42/5
Based on 1,048 ratings submitted in the last year

Comcast Internet Service Reviews

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Less than 4 months into my cable/internet contract, my price just jumped another $100/year. Stopped by my local Comcast store to check it out, and they told me "Oh, these are fees and taxes - they don't apply to your price guarantee - there's nothing we can do about these." Basically, a pleasant young lady, but it was "yeah, we hear your concerns, but stick it just the same." Cable is definitely getting cut at the end of this contract.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Called Comcast in reference to a charge on my bill. Very nice customer service rep answered. He transferred me to another person who off the start was rude and not listening to my issue. After about a four minute hold she came back and told me I had to go to my phone app to figure it out. I told her I did not want the app and wanted her to explain the charges and send me the charges. She said she could not and to go to the app. I asked for her name and manager. She said she did not need to get her manager and did not give me her name. I asked again and she said she talked to her manager already and was hanging up, AND SHE DID hang up.... I was not rude just matter of fact. This is not the way customer service should be. If she worked for me she would not be employed for long!!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I have Comcast Xfinity gigabit internet and the speed has never been the problem - it does a good job staying around 800 megabits per second. However, they have implemented a data cap that charges you $10 for each 50 gigs you go over. There is no need for this, especially now that we're at the age of digital content replacing physical copies of movies and games. If your child downloads a video game a month and likes to watch Twitch, you stream content on a fire/appleTV stick or chat with family via Facetime you will undoubtedly be paying an overage fee each month. There is no need for this cap - the difference between hitting the cap or staying under is immaterial to Comcast. This is purely greed, and the same system cell phone providers have duped customers with for years. I strongly recommend not to support a business with a practice such as this.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Fast internet, sometimes, horrendous service and shady billing. They make it time-consuming to cancel service. Once you cancel, they block your online account from taking payments, and when you call to make a payment they send you back to the online payment system which is deactivated. When you reach out to them on Twitter, they send you a code in order to be able to talk to you, but after multiple attempts, their code system doesn't work. After multiple attempts to pay the early termination fee failed, they threaten you with late payment fees. Absolutely the most dysfunctional, poor service I have ever witnessed. I can list dozens of other issues while being a customer, these issues are based on the cancellation experience only.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Too many words couldnt even express how bad this company is in every way, technical support, customer service, account information. All I can say is please go out of business. Google Fiber come fix the giant mess they have created.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

So I have a locked in, contracted rate with Comcast for two years. My recent bill due January 2020 just came with an increase. When I called to speak with a representative, (which in and of itself is quite a task to get past the auto voice), I was told there is a "rates 2020!" which was said by this poor rep, who probably get verbally assaulted on a regular basis. He actually said this with a peppy, you are so lucky, tone. Poor guy. Shame on you comcast, both for messing with a locked in contract then expecting your poor, out of the country, probably below minimum wage employee to act like comcast is doing us all a favor by raising the rate. BOO Comcast.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Our contract will be expired in December of 2019 and we called Comcast in November of 2019. We got a promotion package from an agent that she told us we would pay the same total price as before (we confirmed with her that this includes the tax, equipment fee and everything else). She also told us that we would lose the Movie channel in order to keep the same total price as before. We were fine with it so we agreed to renew the contract for another year. However, when the bill arrives, it is $20+ higher than we were told. We called Comcast to question about the bill; we were very unsatisfied about the service we received from the agents of the retention department. We felt they did not really care about our problem and they were not friendly either. We have been with Comcast for 5 years, now our experience with Comcast has been turned into a nightmare.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

First, let me begin by saying the account is in my husband’s name and my name is different but that is irrelevant at this point. We have a child that is dependent on medical equipment that sends biofeedback to his doctors and nurses and today, our internet went out. My husband immediately picked up the phone to call Comcast to get a technician out and we spent FOUR HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH NINE PEOPLE TRYING TO GET THE INTERNET FIXED! We were told that the first available appointment would be on December 26th. After he spent an hour on the phone trying to explain to them the medical necessity we had for the Internet, I took over the phone call via speakerphone.

Each time, I explained that we had a handicapped child and that without internet, the likelihood of him having to be transported by ambulance to our local children’s hospital was 100% and each representative said they would help us immediately “if they could just place us on a brief hold.” This turned into the call either being terminated or we sat on hold until someone answered, saying, “Hello, this is Comcast, how may I help you today?” Really???? This literally went on for three hours until one representative actually SAID, “Let me transfer you to someone in the US.” (At that point, I was in tears!)

We had our 17 year old on another line with the ambulance company holding them off because the equipment is programmed to dispatch an ambulance if the electricity goes off or if any of the other monitors or programs are interrupted, etc.) By the time I got to person number 7, who stated his name was ‘Mike’, he said, "Let me put you on hold and see if I still have any technicians out on the road in your area. I can see this is very important.” He gave me the impression that he must be a local dispatcher or something along those lines.

The next thing you know.... someone answers in India (I’m assuming, by the accent). I said, “Are you ** kidding me right now??? I just got transferred back to a call center?!?!” Again.... I told my story and then asked to speak to a Supervisor. The representative said she would put me right through to her AND PROMPTLY HUNG UP ON ME!

This time, in about 30 seconds, my phone rang and it was them calling me back. The man identified himself as being from their “Excellence Center” and due to the medical nature of my call, he was going to see if he could help me. Mind you....by this point, it’s after 5:00 pm EST. He told me that since it was after 5:00 pm, the earliest he could get someone out would be tomorrow, between 3:00 and 5:00 because all of his technicians were booked for the day.

Imagine how you would feel if someone told you that a regular, everyday customer came before your child that depended on a ventilator to breath and the machinery that ran those devices??? Because I asked him that exact question. He began to respond with, "Well, ma’am, I can’t disclose the nature of our customers that are ahead of you".... *this is where I cut him off*. I said, “Sir, that was a rhetorical question!” I then said to him, “Well, if you would have dispatched someone FOUR HOURS AGO WHEN WE INITIATED THIS PHONE CALL, you would still have someone out on the road making service calls wouldn’t you???”

At that point, I realized we were in a hopeless situation and motioned to my 17 year old to go ahead and let the ambulance company start its ride over and told the agent on the phone that I had to go. Why? Because now I have to pack a bag and accompany my child to the hospital, where he will no doubt be spending Christmas. Comcast, I will send you the bill from the ambulance company and the hospital. And I’ll send photos of our family opening presents at the hospital. I hope NONE of you are ever in our situation. And if you are....may you receive the same treatment we received from you today!

After doing a bit of research, I see that out if all of the places where reviews about Comcast can be left, you average a 1.6 out of 5. I also noticed that you have disabled the ‘review’ section of your Facebook page. Also, many of the comments under your ‘we do great things for our community’ headlines have been filtered out or censored because when you click on them, there are no comments. Even if you toggle the settings to ‘most relevant’ or ‘most recent’. They have all been censored out. That speaks volumes in itself! I should have done more research before signing up for your service. And from the feedback that people are leaving on my personal page, you have got to be the worst cable and internet company on the planet.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Comcast is very tricky. I signed a contract for $169.50/month for 24 months in Oct. 2019 for my business. They billed me $175.23 in Nov. and billed me $185.52 on Dec.21, 2019. When I called them this morning, they told me contract cost did not include the following nine fee:

Broadcast TV fee
        Federal University Service Fund
        Regulatory Cost Recovery
        Sales Tax

911 Fees

They also said that the government raised the fee in Dec. 2019. Therefore, there is $10 cost added in Dec.. When I requested the document from the government. They said they cannot provide it. It seems to me that we provide a blank check for Comcast to fill in when signing a contract with Comcast.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

The modem router combo that Xfinity provides is unsatisfactory. I bought my own modem and router and it has way way better range and speed than my Comcast Xfinity modem router combo. Now it takes me less than a minute to wirelessly print one thing instead of what felt like 30 minutes using the modem router combo from Xfinity. I thought I was saving money each month by buying my own modem and router, but Xfinity punishes you an extra $25 a month to run your own equipment for unlimited data. That's absolutely horrible. If I would have kept xfinity's crappy modem router it would have cost me around $125 a month for unlimited data, but because I use my own modem and router, I'm charged almost $150 a month. That sucks.

Comcast Internet Service Company Information