Comcast Internet Service

Comcast Internet Service
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.32/5
Based on 1,061 ratings submitted in the last year

Comcast Internet Service Reviews

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Our 2nd home to use Comcast just had a crazy increase of over $25 per month on our bill. Our primary home has been using Comcast for phone, internet, and television for over 25+ years. It is absolutely ridiculous to pay that much more a month for a home we are not even in that often/regularly. We asked about a discount, but they are only giving discounts for new customers. Which I understand, however this is a second account with them that I have - and after being a 25+ customer, it'd make sense as a business to cut a deal with you for multiple accounts.

We also inquired about an internet access-only package for the 2nd house, as we are not always there. They said that package was only for "new customers only". I find it incredibly poor on their customer service end that they not only can't work out a multiple home deal for those with 2+ accounts, but also that they only offer these discounts and special packages for new customers only. What a complete mess. We otherwise enjoy Comcast at our primary residence, however will be switching to Fios or another provider that can provide us with basic internet for cheaper, which is really all that we need.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Whenever I moved to Houston back in 2016 and after doing my research and asking people I was told that Xfinity is the best in the Houston area, so I decided to get the service and right after getting it I started with the supposedly fastest internet for around 70 dlls a month, after a few month of usage I didn't get any internet in the upstairs area, tech guys came to my house twice and they said my service was 100% good and working everywhere. I could have internet in my room or in any room. I was so disappointed and called the again. They told me I needed to increase my speed, I upgraded to 85 dlls and still the same.

After calling to request to cancel my service one customer service rep told me she will sent me a router and told me to try it out at no cost, after one month my bill rise to 128 dlls for the SAME internet no change at all, I called to see what was happening and their response was "We can cancel at any time you request." Soo disappointed they won't want to make it right to me!! I'm currently looking to switch and will cancel their service this weekend, we get a lot of outages during the month and I need a company that is consistent, XFINITY is FAKE and their staff is not trained the same. DO NOT GET XFINITY!!!! Best of luck!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Comcast is THE WORST. I pay for a Gig of internet and consistently has WAY lower. This morning I ran my internet speed and I was getting 41.2 Mbps upload and 22 download. 1000 Mbps = 1 Gig, so not even close. Their support always can only tell you to reset the modem. I pay an arm and a leg for this service and it is terrible. If you have other options, use them.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I will say, my first few years having Xfinity/Comcast were among the best. The customer service was exceptional, and it was always easy to speak to an agent that was more than willing and capable of assisting with any problem. That is no longer the case anymore. In ONE MONTH my bill has more than doubled, and not one single person at the company will help with my bill, fix anything, or offer a solution. They charge my credit card every month and I can't even view what I am paying for to show how magically I now owe TWICE the amount that I signed up for and agreed to just a few short months ago. I will spend the next few WEEKS of my time researching how to drop this company and get a different provider, everything about their service lately is completely unacceptable.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Comcast/Xfinity has the absolute worst business practices regarding customer service. My 1-year promo was up, my bill more than doubled so I called to find out why. I have unlimited internet & when my promo was up, they switched my package, then charged me $130 on top of my bill because we went over. When I informed him that I was on an unlimited plan, the non-english speaking employee transferred me to collections. RUDE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I will never use this service again. I was told a fee on my account would be waived. Come to find out, they never waived it and didn't bother trying to notify me. Now it has gone to a collection agency and has lowered my credit score. This just happened to occur right when I was applying for my first home loan.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

When my special first year rate ended; I called to see if there was a package that I could afford. The Agent spoke of the Performance Plus and said it would be 29.99 then there were some feed that would be offset by my choice of auto payment: ultimately resulting in a monthly total of 34.98. I agreed to this package. Now the package I am being charged for is Performance Starter (package below what I chose) and it is $53 a month plus fees, minus my $10 for using auto pay: resulting in $44.98!

When I called after first wrong month, they apologized and took $10 off. This second month of the wrong price “Bella” tells me that I was misquoted the package price and she's sorry. There is nothing this "Billing Specialist" can offer. End of story??!! Poor Customer Service!! You are not the only Internet provider and Customer Service is about all anyone is selling anymore. Big FAIL!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

A couple of days ago it appears Comcast had a huge internet outage that lasted a couple of hours. On the internet there were numerous complaints about sudden lost of internet from different cities and states. It was so bad one could not even connect with comcast tech support due to technical difficulties. For some reason I lost internet again today, spent on the phone total of an hour "communicating" with a useless machine that was designed to work as a gatekeeper to prevent a customer in need to talk to live tech support. The info keeps repeating itself and when you get lucky to get to the point that "supposed" live agent will call, you get info that due to technical difficulties it can not be completed at this time. I am going to call them tomorrow and request a credit for no internet service.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Pay $150 a month for the fastest plan which is always performing at 80-90 percent of advertised speed. Always cutting service and they always saying "everything looks good on our end"... can't wait until my city finishes the fiber optic lines and I won't have to be robbed blind by this MONOPOLY anymore. Garbage customer support and look into the plans they have designed to deceive the elderly. They seriously might be the worst company in the world.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Today I tried to talk with agent to followup on a promise which was not fulfilled twice. I gave them the CR number but they disconnected the call after making me wait for 25 minutes, 23 minutes two times. Still my issue is not resolved. I sold the business and wanted to transfer the account to my Buyer. Had so much problem with the service, I am serious thinking of switching my home service also. This company had gotten too big and avoid it like a plague. Horrible is mild word I can use for the company's service.

Comcast Internet Service Company Information