Comcast Internet Service
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Comcast Internet Service

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

2191 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Beginning in May 2014 I began an Xfinity service contract for three years at my business. My business requires high internet speed for my clients, but Xfinity's internet speed is only up to 150 mbps which is not good enough. So in August 2017, after the three-year agreement expired I moved to Verizon Fios on September 29, 2017 for a higher internet speed which is 500 mbps. Additionally, I experienced the following problems when I requested Comcast close my account:

1. Comcast required an additional 60-day extra service fee even after the account was closed. However, there are no terms or conditions regarding an additional 60-day fee on the Service Agreement. 2. I was asked to electronically sign to cancel my account with DocuSign. It required my signature in the middle of the document. So I clicked "Ok", and then soon after I figured out that 60-day extra payment was required at the bottom of the document that I did not recognize. Then about an hour later I contacted customer service stating that it was not my intention to agree to those terms of the contract and would like to withdraw my signature. I was denied even after four conversations with the Billing Department Supervisor whose is Johnny. His employee ID **. I asked his last name, but he was evasive and refused to give it.

3. I asked the customer service agent wherein the Terms and Conditions the additional 60-day charge is noted, and requested that I be e-mailed a photocopy of the agreement. I received the Terms and Conditions by e-mail. I found my signature on the paper, but I believe my signature may have been forged, possibly by a sales employee by the name of David **. 4. As a result I wrote this post, which is my first experience, intending to warn other people that they could be cheated and victimized because of this dishonest business. I strongly DO NOT recommend people to join Comcast service because of my terrible experience, and lack of compassionate customer care.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I switched to Xfinity/Comcast in June of 2015. Excellent reliable service since then. I have my internet, telephone, television and home protection with them. The few problems that I have encountered, they were here either the same day, or following day. Personally, Comcast has been a pleasurable experience for us.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Called to complain about never getting speeds over 10mbps, their response is they don't guarantee speeds. When I switched to a slower speed service since I never got 100mbps, the internet got slower. Seems like a scam. FTC should look into how Comcast sells their internet speed packages and the actual speeds that consumers receive.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I've used Comcast for 7 years so I'm pretty satisfied though there are some issues. On installation at the outset, a contract installer was so bad that I asked that he be replaced by a "real" installer. He stood with arms over his chest and said that, "Isn't how we do it". He wouldn't connect more than 1 line into the house though the order was for two, and the second tv was on the back as far from the front entry from the pole as could possibly be measured. So it called for going around the sides of the house and he refused. Since then the installations have gone well except for the time the Comcast installer and the security installer had a face off. Keeping the cable from drooping from the pole to the house has been the problem most often recurring, the clean installation of new wire placements within the house has been next. The people are great, without exception from my experience.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I have had X1 for several years now and so far I have been pretty happy with them - though every once in awhile I do need to reboot my modem (have a bundle & internet & phone will go out). But for most part not too bad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Xfinity internet - Hands down the slowest internet I've ever used and horrible customer service. Made several calls with no answers as to why I was only getting half of the internet I was paying for. They sent out techs with no results. If I could give them a negative rating I would.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Comcast might be best described as an adventure over the last eight or nine years here. I have experienced rate and promotion snafus with regard to costing, mechanical breakdowns with equipment replaced over and over and think I have had physical contact with techs from as far away as West Palm Beach on the other Coast...

Throughout the various frustrations, I have had one ace to play in the new billing office who has been honest and forthright and noteworthy thru it all... (It helps to have someone that can decipher what might be best described as gobbledygook). Really don't want to test the fates as on a particularly good run here the last six months or so... My speed doesn't seem to where it's claimed to be but the huge seasonal influx here in SWFL simply has to tax the platform in some shape or fashion. Not a tech by any means but going on performance of four year old Dell unit at certain times of the day... New billing cycles installed starting next month for some odd reason I am yet to grasp and of course the push on the Xfinity features and benefits, most of which will have little impact on my viewing habits... Err profile So no doubt lots to learn, grasp and comprehend. Wish me luck!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Last month (August), we tried to make a partial payment to Comcast. I didn't have enough money to make a full payment at the time due to having to spend all of my previous money on bills, and for paying for healthcare expenses out of pocket. The people at the Comcast center wouldn't accept our payment, even after we explained everything that went on, and we had no choice but to not pay it off and lose our internet service. (Which to be clear, the bill was $196, and we offered to pay $100 at the time. And keep in mind, we've been consistently making payments and paying them off every month as well.)

Fast forward to a month later, and I finally had enough money to pay them off. Only to discover that, on top of the $152.69 we paid them, we also had to pay an extra $100 in the form of a security deposit, in order to get our internet turned back on. This is a new policy they've implemented, and I was not informed of this until now. And given as I said before, we've been consistently making payments to them prior until they cut us off, it's also unfair they cut us off like that and are forcing us to pay a security deposit in order to get the internet turned back on. The truth is, Comcast doesn't really care about you. They are leeches who suck as much as they can from their customers, and will hold you upside down until they can extract every drop of blood out of you. They are terrible, and I wish we had some actual competition in this area so I wouldn't have to put up with them anymore.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I had Xfinity hooked up at my apt. for a certain price. When my second bill arrived it had increased by ten dollars, which it kept doing until it was disconnected because I couldn't afford it anymore. I am on fixed income so I can only budget so much for entertainment.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Comcast is a very poor and unethical company. They advertise they'll contour to the customer's time schedule. That is a huge false advertisement because they do not. Although Comcast knows their customer's signal is very poor such as 65% and not 100%, Comcast still continues to charge the Customer 100% signal service costs. Also, they seldom if ever provide the customer with an accurate and valid bill. You have to call them literally every month to correct the bill. I did and still do. Because Comcast has monopolized my apartment community cable service I have no other option except to continuously tolerate Comcast's poor services, dishonesty and wrongfully charging for services they're not fully providing OR move to another living community. The FTC needs to get Comcast back on track to ethical services, business and customer relations.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I had Comcast install internet and they kept canceling my installation date without notification and for no reason. I had to contact somebody in the head office before I could get the service connected and even then there were problems. After being connected, I discovered they did not give me the correct plan. I asked for the 50 mbps plan while they had given me the 25 mbps instead which is much slower. I canceled my service within the 30 days and went with another provider. Comcast is overrated and a ripoff, but at least they refunded the full amount I had to pay upfront for service. I wasn't told I had to pay in advance either. Most Internet Service Providers will put it on the first bill.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Forgetting about the cost of the service, when it is working, it's great. When it stops, for whatever reason, the problems often can't be overcome quickly. It takes a minimum of 30 minutes of talking with one to three techs before any issue can be resolved... Often it's more. Some folks have good expertise, others do not or are from a different culture and just don't understand requests.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I signed up online last night for the internet only package. I created my account online as well and when I signed in it shows that I have a TV package as well. I did not sign up for TV. I have tried calling 3 times and each time I get a very rude rep who gives me even more confusing information and prices that I don't even see on my account. The last rep started yelling at me. I had to hang up. I have no idea what to do and who to call. Also I opted for installation and I can't see when the tech is coming for the install.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Comcast is the most reliable of the other internet providers we have had in the past. Their service stays working even in inclement weather, and price is comparable or better than other providers.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I have been having multiple problems with Comcast Cable Xfinity. Every time I turn around my cable is pixelating. I call and ask for a signal as I've been told mine is weak. But recently when I called I got a crazy person who sent a signal that said it was updating my subscription, I explained this was wrong but the lady assured me it was a normal signal but afterward I lost many channels, l called the Comcast hotline number given to me by Comcast corporate for the fact I constantly have issues they were obviously tired of dealing with so they foisted me off on the hotline number to people who try really hard nicely to rectify the problems just usually aren't able.

So then they send some tech out who has no idea what's going on. They check and tell you no problem can be found. Which of course is true as the problem originated at their office not my home. So I've contacted the FTC. And the Utility Commission since Comcast can't no should I say won't rectify their issues. I get so very tired of dealing with this daily seems like they would fix it. I've told them I believe they single me out to mess up my cable. The agent assured me the company is too large to do that. Don't think so. One individual person I've gotten angry and told off could be annoying me and I truly believe it's possible. You have no idea how many employees I've dealt with, argued with and stressed my issues to.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

They have been inconsistent since we moved here. We had to wait 6 months for service that is less than par for over 12 years. When the snowbirds come to town they seem unable to support the extra draw on their services.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Comcast is a love-hate proposition for me and while they generally get whatever fixed, there might be a great amounts of patience involved. Have now found how to best resolve these issues and it certainly isn't over the phone. That's just one black hole after another. I now go to the station and explain my issue with far more empathetic folks and it generally gains a point of resolution. What I fear most with Comcast are the anticipated behaviors in the event we lose Net Neutrality. Talk about "Oh Dear" moments...

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Have now had Comcast/Xfinity for about 10 years. It meets all my needs. Considered going off cable with Roku or Apple TV but did not see enough advantages even with the lower cost.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

We are on the "end of the line" & for several yrs. Comcast was here on a regular basis because our service was so poor. I'm handicapped so when Comcast would be working at our house, if I needed to return something to them, I'd ask the technician to do that. Not a problem. But over 3 yrs. ago, our daughter moved out & a technician returned the box for me. They've been charging that to us ever since. They implied we would be refunded our money for the product we paid for, yet still have not gotten a check nor heard a word from them. It's hard to respect a company who does not honor this in spite of the PROOF that the box went back into service in 2013!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Each time I have called Comcast/Xfinity, the representatives are always polite and respectful. Originally I called to change our service to only phone and internet. The deal I found online said we could get both for $59, the representative told me that deal is only for new customers, it is not open to existing customers. This is frustrating considering we were paying customers who were completely satisfied with Comcast/Xfinity, but simply wanted to change our service. After wanting to make that change we continued to have problems with changing our service.

Unfortunately, each time I call, they tell me I am not on the account. While logged in on our Xfinity account online I am even a user on our account, yet each representative tells me I am not on the account. Despite being told I am not on the account, they only tell me I am not on the account when I want to make changes to the account that reduce the amount of money they will receive with us. When I called to add services, no one questioned me being on the account. When I called to cancel our account the representative told me I was not authorized, when I spoke with her supervisor, she stated that I was in fact on the account and she cancelled our service. I had to call back to put a hold on the cancellation until we could get AT&T to install and when I called back to continue our service, again the representative never questioned if I was on the account.

A week later when I called back to cancel our service, the representative told me I was not on the account, I asked to speak with his supervisor, she stated that I was not on the account. I hung up. I called Xfinity back less than a minute later and talked with a separate representative and she stated I was on the account and then transferred me to the department I needed to speak with in order to cancel my account, and they again said I was not on the account. I told her the previous representative I had spoken to had verified that I was on the account she put me on hold, came back and said she was able to use existing notes from a previous call (one in which they verified I was on the account).

Overall, it appears to me that either Xfinity is disorganized and some representatives are not able to see full account information (which I deem highly unlikely) or they have a lack of integrity in their business when they will lose money and claim I am not on the account when in fact I am. I would never recommend Comcast/Xfinity simply as a result of this lack of integrity or disorganization because I wasted too much time on the phone hearing I was not an authorized account holder when I was. Needless to say we have discontinued our service with Comcast/Xfinity because they seems like a poor way of doing business and we would rather give our money to a service that values integrity and truly helping paying customers first. I will say there representatives were always polite.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

This company could give a rats ** about its loyal customers. They are rude, especially a gentlemen named Lee in Knoxville, TN. This problem has been going on for a week, with no resolution. This company if full of crap in their advertising, by saying they care about customer service. Do not choose Xfinity - they truly suck!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

They provide good service and support. Their techs are available 24/7 and are usually able to resolve the problem over the phone. I generally will take care of replacing equipment myself since it is easier for me rather than wait for a tech to come to the house.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

It's just me and my husband and you'd think we'd had the Russians on our Wifi hub. Comcast has just not been the best as far as I'm concerned. Way too slow for me.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

We've had Xfinity for about four years. I live in Tooele so our options are limited. We can't just switch. However, I work from home and my internet is how I work. At least once a month my internet will be down and I will call the line and hear that the service is down and that it will be up at such and such time. This morning it was supposed to be up at 10. But I just called because it's 10 and it's not up, and now it's not going to be up until 1:30. Because of this, I'm missing a whole day of work. I'm going to have to work either late into tonight or this weekend. If I was going to use it as day off, this is not the day that would work - halfway through the day on Wednesday.

On top of that, this endangers my job. This makes me look unreliable. If I'm not reliable, then my job won't keep me. They'll hire someone else. If this happened once or twice a year, you know, sometimes things are understandable. But it happens monthly and I'm getting pretty fed up. I don't have a choice. There aren't a lot of high speed internet companies who service Tooele. But if you have a choice, go with a different company. Every time they can't maintain their service properly, they cost me money. It's not just an inconvenience, it's my livelihood.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Comcast bills quite a bit of money for internet use, however, over several years, I have had many issues with speed, freezing-up, logging on, etc. Apparently, these issues can never be fixed although Comcast makes many promises of such.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Speed is very slow. Constantly freezing up. Contact Xfinity for help and technicians try to remedy the situation. End up having to have an in person service call.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I can call Comcast customer/technical service and ask the same question to five different reps and get five different answers. The reason I would call back is that the Comcast agents never sounded confident in their answers to my questions. So I am like anyone else and don't have time for this but I would call back and each time get a different answer. I have called Comcast HQ in Philadelphia with limited success. I am a disabled senior and have much going on but I plan on canceling Comcast entirely and get my internet from another company and use my Prime and stream whatever else I desire. But Comcast and me are done for.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Extremely slow internet speed for what I am paying for. I SHOULD be getting a Minimum of 33mbps... That is what I am paying for, but NOT getting!!! Single Digit uploads I think is theft when Comcast is NOT delivering what I am paying for. Today, I am sitting here typing this waiting for the Comcast Service person. This Service person is suppose to be here between 1 and 3 pm. It is now 2:50pm and have not heard that they are on their way. I have received 4 calls since yesterday (annoying) confirming they will be here between 1 and 3pm today. How many other people are NOT getting what they ARE paying for and do not know it?? Might want to download the Ookla Speed Test and see if Comcast, Spectra and others are promising you a product that you are NOT getting.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I have had Comcast for years. Things have changed. Sometimes I cannot understand Serv. Reps. And clearly there is a script. Overall, it is a better choice than the alternatives.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Service is OK, but COMCAST nickels and dimes you to death. Great for first year or two, but recommend you use that time to find an alternative provider.

Comcast Internet Service Company Information