Comcast Internet Service

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Worst service and communication I been having the last two weeks after opening a new account with Comcast. Errors in the order, wrong billing. When you call customer service three different stories and never resolved the issue. Two times appointments to receive a technician and never show. Today he show and have to reschedule again to additional job. After another technician will have to come to install the boxes. In summary two weeks and a half and no services after 16 calls and three appointments. NEVER USE COMCAST.

I've had Comcast internet service for about 3 years now as I have no other choice. Since we first became customers we have had rolling internet outages. In other words our internet will slow to down to bits per second range down from the 25 megabits our subscription is for. I've talked regularly with tech support at first and they would go through the same steps each time ignoring my interruptions that I've gone through their script many times. They eventually send a technicians out to look at the service. I believe we've had 4 out, and each time they say everything is fine, and everything is fine in the middle of the day usually. It's between 6 pm and 12 pm when we have the worst problems, exactly the time we are home and want to use the service we pay for.

Comcast has never offered to give us any kind of outage refund. They have horrible over the phone tech support, they actually try to upsell me at the end of each phone call. The techs they send out seem knowledgeable but when I've tried to follow up with them with screenshots of speed tests they have not responded. At this point I don't have time to continue to devote to troubleshooting with them and I have no other providers servicing my location. Did I mention I live in Denver, so it's not like there are miles of cables to troubleshoot here. I would like to end this monopoly.

This is the WORST service I have ever experienced. My fiance and I pay $50 a month to have high speed internet and every morning I turn my TV on to watch Netflix it EASILY says there is no internet connect and stops in the middle of the show 10+ times over an hour or 2 of watching. Every morning I try logging into my computer I have to completely unplug the router and restart everything just to use safari. If anyone is thinking of using this service it is without a doubt a complete waste of your time and money!! It is the most frustrating, terrible, worst service I have ever used. Don't do it!!!

I was scammed by Comcast sale representative "Christ **" when called to transfer my business service back to my home. My package included phone line and internet. However, I requested to transfer only the internet and he informed that the whole package has to be moved as a service then I can call to cancel the phone line when the technician completed the installation. Then I was shocked when another representative told me that I signed for a whole new 36 months contract (I was not informed during the recorded conversation) and cannot cancel my phone line for another 6 months; otherwise, I will be charged early termination fee.

I called Comcast back many times hoping to just cancel my phone line; however, all of them refuse to help and all said "contact the sale person", who I have no contact info beside his email, which I emailed and no reply (of course). I've been using with Comcast many years for both my business and home services. They just lost a loyal customer by setting up scam like this...

I have the HD Preferred Plus with Xfinity that boasts about their BLAST INTERNET SPEEDS of 200Mps. For the last two weeks, I have been on the phone with numerous Customer Service Representatives, several times with the Advanced Technical teams from Arizona, Alabama, the Pocono Mountains in Pa, have had two service technicians to my home, have traveled 20 some miles to replace the modem, rather than have them ship it for a mere $9.95. With every person that I spoke with, I was told that there is nothing wrong, even though I had my cable checked for strength from the street, along with my house wiring. The signals were great according to the in home techs.

Now, why I am complaining. I am only receiving 100Mps when it should be 200Mbps. When I run numerous speed tests, my download speed's at in the mid 40's with upload speeds of around 9Mps. Not acceptable to me. After all, I am currently paying more for cable service, than it would cost to provide electric & natural gas to heat my home. Go figure. I am about an inch away from canceling all of Comcast's services, use my cell phone as my home phone, look for another internet supplier, and using a Fire Stick with Kodi installed to watch any program, or movie that I want. Totally free if you didn't know! Since I have had no help with my calls, my next step before I cancel will be to contact a few consumer affairs groups on our local channels in Philadelphia. Maybe they can help?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Now that Comcast has released 2 months ago that you are limited to 1024gig of data before extra charge kicks in, and sent out a usage report of what you have been using to make you feel better about getting a cap. Has anybody else noticed they are using a lot more data than before? I work from home and I'm on the computer 10 hrs a day and watch Netflix while I'm working and we had been around for our average 650 gig. Last month and this month I have been over by 550 to 600 gig. So I call to find out what the overage cost is and lo and behold "It's $10 per 50 gig or you can go unlimited for 50 a month more." Well there it is. "Give us another 50 and you get unlimited." Interesting. Now this month after adding the 50 unlimited plan I see a 60 dollar overage and when I call I was told that is credited and my bill should be 286 yet the paper statement and the online statement both show 346 due. Lies all around.

I called to let Comcast know that we were shopping around since their services have been extremely unsatisfactory for the past 4 months; this includes multiple blackouts in a single day and horrible television signal even after they put new cables inside and outside the home and forced us to get a new router since all the troubles they said we had was due to our router which is false. I spoke with a man named Omar on 03/19/2017 around 1:45 P.M. and he said they would lower my total bill to $64.99 for 12 months. I advise him I would call him tomorrow since I was still calling other companies. I called the next day and somehow the price is not and is actually more because that was the price that didn't include taxes. This brings me to a point that just because you don't tell people the truth about a cost doesn't mean you didn't lie. How hard would it have been to say it's $64.00 PLUS TAXES which was never said on their "recorded" line.

On that very day, I speak with another agent Carmelita and is extremely rude and unprofessional that I request a supervisor since she can't tell me what the agent I spoke to before put in the account regarding the retention offer. She then tells me that the average wait time for a supervisor is 25 minutes and decides to wait 30 minutes on the line for a supervisor. I decided to have them give me a call to discuss this deceit of the price and terrible lack of customer service from the last agent.

About 2-3 hours later, I received a call that rang just once and quickly disconnected. That was probably the supervisor/manager calling me waiting for the call to ring once and hang up just to say they called me. If this isn't the dirtiest most deceitful company in the US I don't know what is. I can't wait for Verizon Fios to come to my town and have faster reliable service, quality customer service agents, skilled technicians, and ethical managers. It's really disappointing that a company as big as Comcast has to still stoop so low in morals and ethics to gain a buck like a cheap prostitute.

I would not suggest Comcast internet service to anyone. I will be looking for a new provider first thing tomorrow. I am constantly dropped off of the internet. Half of the time I can't get it on my TV for Netflix or Hulu. The other half of the time I can't understand anyone when I call to get help. One guy was so rude he was yelling at me. I'm done with them. Their cable became so expensive I had to give it up and now they have raised the rates of my internet. It would be one thing if it was good internet but mine has been horrible for years. I would rate them a zero (0) in customer care and not much higher in service. I would never EVER recommend them to anyone.

Comcast is a rip-off. I would not recommend it. I had my account on vacation mode since I was in between housing. I moved out of state and called to get my service back on. They created a new account for me and did not send me a bill. I could not log online to pay my bill. Then, months later I owe them 400+ dollars. I work a lot so I don't have time to go to a branch to pay and when I called they couldn't help me. So I want to change my services since I don't use TV and Voice, they were trying to charge me more than I am paying now just for internet. I wanted a lower speed and it somehow added up to the same amount I am paying now. RIP-OFF.

I am disappointed. I am not allowed to change my services online as I want, they want to control you. The devil comes to steal kill and destroy and Comcast is part devil. It comes to Steal - Good luck if you dare to pay and waste your money on them for a service that you don't even want. I'm willing to pay the 190.00 just to cancel them. They won't find me again.

Comcast takes the cake of being the WORST company when I thought AT&T was horrible! Since I signed up in December 2016, it has been a nightmare dealing with Zachery ** who totally lied regarding what he had offered me followed by Eugene ** and Andrea-Marie ** who by the way are "managers." My bill is always going up month after month without any explanations. When I called no one seems to know what's going on, not even those two managers who claimed they would help and don't replied back to your emails, phone calls, and follow through with their words. I have to call them every month regarding my bill to the point I scheduled for my services to get disconnected in April. If you don't have the time and energy to deal with this company stay far, far away. They are NOT worth your time and energy.

I had been trying to have services installed in my home at **. They have rescheduled me twice because the technician said the work that needs to be done they can't do it. How do you run a business scheduling appointments and not sending qualified technician to handle the job. It took them almost 4 weeks to install and they want me to pay for services since the beginning of the month when I just got services installed on 3/15 so why would should I pay for services I never had and only credited me 20 towards installation when they charged me 70. This is unacceptable and poor customer service.

Horrible. It started with speaking to a sales associate at Walmart who offered me everything I had with Charter for almost half the price. I was hesitant because I've dealt with Comcast raising prices before, but I agreed for her to text me all the details before signing up. Never received a call or text. Next thing I know there's a box of equipment and a bill at my front door. I call to as what it's about and they tell me she signed me up already, that the internet was less than half the speed she promised and just basic cable.

I talk to the associate on the phone trying to figure out what to do. She was great and tried everything to get the price reasonable. She was able to get everything down to two dollars more than I'm paying with Charter but gave me Starz as compensation. So, I go to hook everything up and it doesn't work. I call and explain the situation. Go through the whole restarting modem ordeal and finally get told I need a tech to come hook it up which BTW will be $60. I ask if they will waive it for all my troubles and I get a big NO. Needless to say I canceled right there.

Thank you Comcast for raising my monthly Xfinity WIFI bill by almost $30 a month with not notice. The "extra fast" WIFI plan I'm on is not even much faster than any normal WIFI plan and I am now paying an outrageous $98 bill just for WIFI service. That's not a great way of making your customers loyal or happy. I'm very disappointed with this service.

I would never willingly subscribe to Comcast. I live in a neighborhood where there is not another option. A very nice and knowledgeable technician came to my house and set up the new box. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it went. He couldn't have been more helpful and I would give him 5 stars! However within a week, I received an email stating that my new equipment was being shipped. I called immediately and said that I did not order equipment. It arrived anyway. I have now spoken to 5 Comcast representatives, all very nice, who have assured me that it would be picked up and have in fact scheduled several pick ups. No one ever came.

This morning as I called again, I was informed that it is not their policy to pick up equipment that they sent that was never ordered. I have been told by 2 representatives that a supervisor would call me. They haven't. I don't know why they can't get their act together, but I am totally fed up with Comcast and Xfinity and would change immediately if I had that option

NOT WORTH EVEN ONE STAR - How can we have a service company that does nothing but figure out how to charge you more and give you less or more of what you don't want. There is no such thing as customer or technical service. Now we are told we have a 'new and improved email". BUT IT DOES NOT WORK. I have been reporting that my emails are not being received and still no response! There is no number to call or actual service email, just a community board with the wrong answers to your questions. And the answers are from 2012.

I pay over $200 a month for this ridiculous Xfinity/Comcast (dis)service. When I first signed my current contract we could watch our programs on any of our devices. Now we are unable to watch any program as it airs. Currently I have not been able to get ALL my emails. Since I have two email addresses I have been testing my emails for the last three days from my husband's email and my friend's email. I get the emails from my Gmail account but not from my Comcast account. And the really irritating thing is that Xfinity/Comcast is a telecommunication company yet they NEVER send service outages or service update messages when they have all our email addresses. They only use our email to try to sell us more. SHAME on them!!!

$75 for 25 mbps for a single line internet service!? Then you spend 20 minutes on the phone while they try to sell you a house phone, cable TV, and internet package!! I went in to pay my bill and saw $44/mo go up to a $74/mo bill!! A single line to accommodate my 1 laptop device. I don't need a home phone, I have Dish Network ($35/mo), thank God!! And my Verizon cell never fails me no matter where I go, that bill is $77/mo and it does everything I need.

You may have heard in Nov '16 Comcast changed its billing for Internet service from unlimited data usage to 1 terabyte included in your package then $10 extra for every 50 gigabytes over the limit. Or you can add an extra $50 a month to your current internet package. They claim this change is due to the %1 of users that exceed the 1 terabyte per month usage. This is a total lie for two reasons. First, companies do not alter their entire pricing packages because %1 uses more than the company would like. Second, this is their response to their lose of TV cable viewers who are switching to watching television online (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.).

As a result if you are one of the many people who watch TV through the internet, then you're probably exceeding the 1 terabyte limit. Clearly this is more than the %1 Comcast claims exceeds this limit. In October I purchased a security camera system offered by Google. Was $600. This system uses my internet and I had purchased when I was under an unlimited data usage plan with Comcast. As a result of Comcast's price changes, I am exceeding the 1 terabyte limit per month and now have to add an additional $50 to my internet service because of Comcast's new policy. Or I'll have to pay $10 extra for every 50 gigabytes exceeded. If I knew Comcast was getting rid of the unlimited data usage, I would have reconsidered purchasing a camera system that uses the internet. After all, it's 2017 and I wasn't expecting my internet service provider to roll back to 2003 standards. Their new policy is a rip off and I despise being lied to.

I would give negative stars if it was possible!!?? I have had a problem with billing for over 6 months, and I'm still not sure if the problem is corrected. My bill would state I had a credit, (like I was supposed to have) yet my bank account would still have an automatic debit. Every month when I call, I get a new ticket number to investigate the situation since no one would know what the pending credit was for. It didn't matter how far up I would get transferred, they would not be able to help me. The credit was for equipment I didn't have that Comcast was charging me for. I had the ticket number for that investigation but all they could do is see that number and give me yet another ticket number. I will be waiting for a check in the mail at this point, which is actually more than my monthly bill is, so hopefully I will not have to speak with these unhelpful people next month! Such a waste of hours on something that shouldn't have been to begin with.

It took Comcast a long time to set up my service. It was almost two month before we had cable and internet in our home. It was an inconvenience. But everything else was fine. The customer service was always really nice and very friendly. But we have had a few issues with the speed of our internet and loading times. We were signed up for a higher speed and just weren't getting what we thought we were paying for. And it will get better from time to time.

Comcast service never seems to go out because of bad weather or anything else. The internet speeds are fast and always reliable and never seem to be any issues. We needed up doing the installation all by ourselves. All the equipment came with very detailed instructions that were easy to follow and made it easier and more convenient than having to get it professionally installed. Anytime I have ever had to call customer service the wait times are usually very short. Their customer service reps are always very knowledgeable and helpful in assisting me with my needs. I have never had issues in the 2 years of service with Comcast to experience slow internet speed. Everything downloads quickly and service is never interrupted. I think their speeds are better than most. Overall I would recommend them to anyone.

The network service was reliable most of the time. Sometimes, the network would have issues connecting and it was just a headache to deal with. The installation process was quick and easy. After my family got Comcast as the Internet service provider, we called them and simply told them the relevant information they needed for it to connect. The customer service at Comcast is great. The associates there are very helpful and will make sure they do what they need to to make sure the customers have the best experience possible. The speed was satisfactory. When we used Comcast as our internet service provider, we had a dial up connection. The dial up connection would be slow at times but it was satisfactory for dial up.

The internet speed is fast and for the most part reliable. I can access websites quickly and multiple ones at a time. Several devices can be connected at once and it doesn't seem to affect the internet speed. However there are many times the internet freezes or goes offline when I am in the middle of doing something. Comcast's customer service sucks to make it worse. There are too many automated options and if I can get through to a rep, the hold times are often ridiculous no matter what time of day or night. They "accidentally" disconnect calls often and don't seem to care. The installation was not a problem, though. A rep was sent to my home for set up because there was an issue with me trying to set it up myself. I was told the issue was with my building and the charge was waived after much complaining.

Comcast installation was fast and the representative was kind and caring. Also they answered all the questions my family had during installation. Comcast is reliable and has amazing fast service. The speed of their internet is top of the line, we have at least 5 devices connected eighty five percent of the time and it doesn't lag at all. Their customer service is on point and reliable. They're on time and courteous. They are polite and friendly as well as communicate well about questions or concerns. They're very customer oriented and caring. They're flexible and helpful at all times and are always on time when they have to come for service calls.

We chose to do a self install which was a very easy install process. I chose to use my own router so that took a while to connect with but customer service was there to help throughout the process. I was on the phone with them when I did my self install and they were very knowledgeable and understanding. They made sure I had a solution to all my problems and was satisfied with my products and services. Then I am always able to connect to my wifi on each device simultaneously. We have at least ten different devices connected at the same time without any lagging or disconnection. The loading time is very quick and I have downloaded multiple movies and apps instantly without having to wait long periods.

We have good reception and clear picture and sound on our tv and devices. It's very easy to use their friendly customer service and to pay our bills. Installation was a great experience! The technician showed up on time, was really nice and explained how to use the remote. He made sure our devices were connected too. Customer service is very friendly. When we called them once, they stayed on the phone to troubleshoot and corrected the situation quickly. Our Internet speed is great. Our downloads lead quickly and there is very seldom buffering. I click on something and it works easily.

The installation was super easy and simple. There was nothing complicated with it and the setup went very well. No stress and reliable. Their customer service was also helpful when calling with technical difficulties and did not have any issues with the service they gave. I could understand every word spoken. It was also fast and the interaction was Professional. Also, the internet speed has never let me down unless you got a different kind of plan. But the speed is very fast and top quality and is very relaxing with no issues.

It's a great service and they have reasonable plans and the personalized channel selection, sometimes the signal is really bad but I understand that everyone else is using all the same services as well. The speed of the process was fairly easy and was done in great timing. The people was nice as well and they never put me on hold. Everything was great with the representative. She was nice and knew what she was talking about. Loved the great customer services much live action. But the man who installed it was late and he was weirdly dressed and was very rude. I would have loved to know more but he acted like he didn't wanna be here.

The installation was quick, clean, and easy, and the man was very friendly! He answered all questions we had, and was able to work around our schedule. Whenever I have a question, I am always able to call customer service though times to wait are typically around five minutes, from my experience. But the speed is wonderful. It's quicker than other providers I have used. It will occasionally go down, but it always comes back within a minute or two. My only complaint is that the provider said it would be faster than it is. However, ignoring that and comparing it to other providers, it is very reliable.

Comcast Internet Service works fine as long as you pay your bill before the due date. If not they will start slowing your Internet connection. So it takes longer to do everything. They also do this thing where they bill you twice which means say your bill is due the 29th of this month, well before the 29th they will bill you again for the month after that so it causes you to have two bills due. But the installation was very easy. They came out and installed for us. The people were very polite. They didn't take too long and they came at a reasonable time. Customer service is okay. Sometimes you get rude people with a really bad attitude. Other days you get really nice people. I've only had to call once or twice.

Comcast Internet Service has great variety of shows, no down time, and good customer service. Xfinity customer service is available 24 hours, they are quick to solve any problem that may accrue. The price are lower the other services. I like the bundle packages. Xfinity service installation was quick and easy. It was a positive experience, all connection with without any discomfort to us. Activation was quick and no extra wiring to our home was needed. Xfinity internet service is speedy, downloads up to 10 mbps. It's clear and concise. Xfinity deliver fast internet access to hot spot nationwide. WiFi is also fast. Xfinity does not have a problem with shutdown or blackouts, I enjoy the ability of getting on quickly out of a long waiting time.

Compare Internet Service Providers