2.62/5
Based on 1,034 ratings submitted in the last year

Comcast Internet Service Reviews

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I've had Comcast for too many years now and their service (both Internet & cable) is NOT worth half of what I pay each month. The Internet is CONSTANTLY going offline and when it is working it's slower than dial up. Was - 6+ seconds to turn each page and beyond frustrating! In addition their customer service reps will just say the same scripted lines over and over "I understand how you feel" or "I completely understand your frustration".

In the beginning I just let the constant outages go because I thought it might be because they were upgrading their equipment, but nope, they're only putting a band-aid on old outdated wiring so every time it goes down (AT LEAST twice a week) I call them IMMEDIATELY and ask for the maximum credit. Do NOT let them tell you they can only give you credit for the time your service was down or a "free movie coupon" because as a consumer who pays them they MUST either provide service or compensation.

BTW, if you call them and that automated telephone service says their office is closed call back during business hours, just say "disconnect my service" or "loyalty department" (you might have to call back several times to get through, so don't give up). I've had enough of giving them my hard earned money for them not to provide the service they promise to deliver so I will be changing to another Internet provider and doing away with cable TV altogether. Oh, and I would also strongly NOT recommend getting their cell phone service because 1G would be faster! This giant monopoly is appropriately nicknamed named "CON-CAST" for a reason.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Comcast is horrible. If you do not have to use them don't. Their service goes out all the time. Bought the highest internet with the best equipment and still sucks. Customer service is even worse. Had to move out of my apartment after a year of my contract and went 20 minutes away and they don't service the area so they charged me an early termination fee. WTH, it's not my fault you don't service the area. Stay away from this company if you can...HORRIBLE.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Our Internet randomly drops working on our WiFi. Call customer service, they say it's not our WiFi router, but we can pay to have a tech come out to fix an issue that isn't on our end (don't understand why I should pay for someone else's problem). Then, when we say we won't pay, they offer us a free tech if we try a few more things and then they hang up on us. So our choice is, try calling again, pay for a tech, or try the even worse ISP option in our area. Glad monopolies aren't a thing... (Obvious sarcasm).

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Slow speed. Get 40mb. Should be getting 250mb. Billing issues. Called and stayed on phone for 45 minutes to someone in Philippines. Could not resolve the issue. Today is Halloween and the experience literally gave chills to me. Third class customer service. Let us save money and transfer all calls to other countries. Long Live Corporate America.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

When you pay for the premium business class service on multiple accounts I would have the expectation of timely customer service when you need to speak with someone. Unfortunately Comcast Xfinity fall short. Approaching 1 hour on hold to simply verify some account changes. This company is failing its premium customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

We decided to upgrade our internet speed to 1 GB which comes with either 140+ or 200+ channels (10 dollar difference so went with 200+ channels). Checked channel line up on Xfinity website which says WE, WE HD and Discovery, Discovery HD available with channels 140+ and up. So I ordered upgrade online. Last Thursday, Oct. 24th change was made. Checked and we did not have WE and Discovery channels we previously had. (We are big Law and Order fans). Tried to chat with someone online - No one available. Then called and spoke with a representative who could not help me. Rep. said she hears this exact complaint from many customers. She was very nice and recommended I contact the "Customer Solutions Team" the next day.

I contacted "Customer Solutions team" this afternoon. The lady on the phone told me I would not be getting my channels back as I was in a grandfather plan and she could not help me. How can Xfinity practice business this way? This is "Bait and Switch" we came off a less expensive, no-contract plan to a more expensive, 24 month contact plan and do not even have the channels we watch all the time!! More importantly, I was never informed that we would lose those channels, by the online rep. I spoke with before ordering or we would have NEVER upgraded (?). I have filed a complaint with the FCC as when I was speaking with representative today and asked her who do I file a complaint with she told me "It's me. You are speaking with the right person". I told her I wanted to make a complaint against Xfinity business practices and she replied "I don't know who", and proceeded to tell me she was the person I needed to speak with.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

After having slow service for over a year and no service for over a week now and multiple calls and technician visits, wasted $120 on the pods they recommended, technician not showing up, one showing up to tell me they do not perform the service he was scheduled to perform after taking off work; we still have no service and the agents just lie, make promises they do not keep, talk you into purchasing unnecessary equipment that actually makes the problems worse.

The so called supervisors blame their customers for their ineptness and incompetence, create extreme inconveniences to their customers, then after wasting many hours of their customers time, have the nerve to say "we won't do anything to compensate you for your time". Only a lousy $20 for the one technician who came out and could not perform the work scheduled, not to mention he also did not get paid since he is paid by the job. Not a dime for a technician failing to show up altogether or for the over 4 hours of wasted time on the phone. This company is absolutely horrible as their reviews reflect, over 75% 2 stars or less, you are much better off finding a reliable company who actually cares about their customers and their time.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I upgraded my router to 1 GHz and puzzled it automatically assigned a new number. Called Comcast, and they have no clue how it happened. I was on phone with Comcast support for nearly 2 hrs and they do not know how to fix it. Horrible service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Unfortunately our community is a captive audience, otherwise Comcast would cease to exist. Getting technical assistance from a human is like pulling teeth. Once you do, they treat you like an idiot. Pacify is what they do. Hours into the game the tech said the problem will need to be escalated. Putting me on hold didn't work and was promised a call back. Never happened. You guessed it, one must start all over. With a supervisor on the phone, I voiced my frustration with the lack of customer service.... He hung up. Piss poor. If you are on the fence in choosing providers, don't choose Comcast/Xfinity.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

This is the worst company I have ever encountered which is why I use ATT at my other buildings and finally will have to make the switch where prior to the last two weeks of nonsense I have to do it. They have NO idea what they are doing. One person gives you this info. The next hours you get different info. Here is my favorite. They have my business account online for the business log in and the SAME account under the residential log in. (I had to figure it out because 4 hrs and 4 employees could not!) So after the 4 hours they determine that in order to see the correct account (that they set up using some random email but no rescue email) a pin number would have to be mailed to a building I own but do not live in. Remember! This is for me to get online access! (The punch line is coming.)

So because it was such "sensitive info" and they had to mail it. (remember to a building that I don't LIVE in) So I get the code and spent 2 hours with Ankit who I can presume lived WAY outside the county and spoke little to no English and, therefore, could READ little or no English! OK drum roll .... You have to sign in online to put in the pin!! IDIOTS!!! So I ask myself who is the CEO? He CANNOT be a COMPLETE moron? So, I check and this guy went to great schools? He grew up near where I grew up? He .... AH, now it is more clear! HIS DADDY STARTED THE COMPANY!!!! Now it all makes sense. ** rolls downhill! Didn't Daddy know that Nepotism is the biggest sin in corp America? #daddyslittleboy #theymustdespiseyouatcomcast

Comcast Internet Service Company Information