Comcast Internet Service
2.69/5
Based on 1,023 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Comcast Internet Service

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

2751 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Have experienced unstable service for almost a month. A technician came out last week, identified the problem was with Comcast. Got automated call that the problem was fixed. That was 3 days ago. Since then service has continued to go down. Today, I tried to contact Comcast, but was told no one was available to speak to me and I should go online to check which is rather difficult (impossible) since the internet service is down. I vote with my feet. Goodbye Comcast.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

After many years of month to month service including the overpriced modem rental. I cancelled service with more than a week remaining on the prepaid month. The hardware was returned to a store with a receipt provided. The store employee said all was concluded. At no time in these many years was Comcast authorized to auto debit. Every month's bill was verbally authorized to the debit card. 10 days into September, after cancelling in August an auto pay was presented to my bank and paid on a day I didn't log on to review account activity. The bank fraud department has opened a claim. Yet to be resolved. A blatant fraud is being attempted after cancelling month to month service.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I'm in a leased building where we had Wow internet, and for the price and performance it was great. I had no problems whatsoever with this internet. I was getting 140Mbps down and 30Mbps upload. Since this building is in contract with internet providers, somehow Comcast swindled their way into the contract. I was paying 40 a month for what I previously stated, and under Comcast new agreement for the first year I'm over that budget 20 bucks plus taxes. I'm only getting 60 down and 5 upload. My download is fine, and I have no problems out of it, but my uploads keep reaching depths of .80Mbps to 1.5Mbps. Not 5. My gameplay is horrible, my ping is 500 or more and Apex Legends is unplayable with red meters every game. Come on. It is only a lousy 5. They should most definitely be able to provide that. What about the most expensive tiers. Who would want this trash if they can't even give you 5 upload speed more so over the most priced one.

They charge so much for crap. We call them comcrooks. I have called repeatedly and the same nooob call center reading from a screen and the same steps over and over. I asked for a tech to come out sure, but then the catch hits. If they find nothing wrong or with your side you pay 75 dollars. Screw that I'm paying you for service. I'm not happy with this company. Plus they give you a slotted about of bandwidth? What is this a phone company. Whoever sits at that table and helps with making decisions about how to run this company must be half crazy. They know they have most control in this area and force people to pay high prices for total trash. I would love to have Wow internet again, but I'm not able unless the place I stay contracts back. They always fixed my problem and helped me stay at a price I could deal with. Thx wow, too bad comcast hasn't learned a thing or 2 from you.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Comcast is a rip off. I wanted to turn my cable off and change my internet to the student internet 9.95/month and they told me that the bill for my internet and security would be 142.00. THAT IS RIDICULOUS!!! I may as well keep the cable. Then they told me that since I'm existing customer. I would have to cut my service off for 3 months and then I can get the 9.95 internet. WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL!!! I will be looking for another service and turning all my services off with comcast!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

A few weeks ago I signed up for a promotional offer of Select Triple Play, upgrading my current package. The service worked fine for a few weeks, until this morning when it had reverted to my old plan. After a lengthy phone conversation, I was informed that my modem is ineligible for a Triple Play package and Comcast attempted to upcharge me to rent their own $13/month model.

I am frustrated that A) when I signed up for the package a few weeks ago I was not informed of any technical requirements, B) I received no notification (no phone call, no e-mail, no mail) that my plan was reverted back to the old one and C) when I requested a simple e-mail or mail confirmation that my original contract was terminated they told me I needed to go into my local office. I am unlucky to not have a choice of ISP in my area, but if you do I'd highly recommend to look elsewhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I have had Comcast in multiple states, and every time it's an uphill battle to get the speeds I pay for. Customer service is always very accommodating and polite, but I wouldn't need to go to them if my product worked correctly in the first place. They will invent excuses, only use their internal speed test for benchmarks, and bend over backwards to justify the slower speeds. Usually, I will call customer service, they will reset service on their end, and then I will get my speed for a day before it drops back to slow.

Meanwhile, I used Wave for a year and got the speeds I asked for right out of the box. The technician who installed my service used a third party speed test for benchmarks, which enabled an accurate picture of real world conditions. It was a breath of fresh air to work with a company that didn't make excuses, they simply gave me what I paid for. If it wasn't for the fact that Comcast is the only ISP available at my new home, I would never use them.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Since October 2018 I believe I have talked to them over a thousand times about my bill, I feel like Comcast is a scam and I'm sick of them billing me two months in advance. I only have Wi-Fi and the house phone which is supposed to be $64 and every month my bill is 140 hundred sixty different amounts. When I pay what I'm supposed to pay the same day I get another bill saying I owe $79 or something in that order. The lady told me herself, "They bill you two months in advance" is unfair. I haven't had a peace of mind since I had Comcast. Somebody need to do something about Comcast billing consumers 2 months in advance. So what if you decide to have your service is disconnected when your contract is up. What happens to all the extra money them billing you two months in advance. Don't they still owe you a refund on all the months they bill you in advance.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I moved to an area where Comcast Internet was not being offered so I had to cancel my account with them. I thought that I had paid everything off until I received a bill notification via email m. As I try to access my account, I find that it is no longer active. So I called Comcast customer service inquiring on this bill, and the representative I spoke with said that I had a zero balance and was not sure why I was receiving bill notifications. She removed my email from the system and we happily parted ways.

Fast forward to two months, I receive a collections notice from Sequium Asset Solutions that I had a past due bill from Comcast. Come to find out, the representative was looking at the wrong account initially. In reality, I had a balance of $72. I was not given notification that I had an outstanding bill. They removed my email from their system, they did not give me a call, they did not send me a letter! Since I was no longer a customer, I was basically dead to them. The rep basically said ‘too bad so sad,’ Pay your bill that we never told you about!!!

Never again! I’ve had been burned by Comcast so many times that this was definitely the last time I’ll ever do business with them! And since the manager that was supposed to call me back never did, I am going to send a letter to the Better Business Bureau about this and to their corporate office. This is absolutely ridiculous. The lack of accountability and care for their customers is heinous.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I was spending $59 a month just on wifi and the service has been horrible! A little over a month ago (I believe, not good on the dates) when I called to cancel my service due to my frustrations after 13 years of being a customer, I was transferred to a foreign customer reps. Unfortunately, there are inaccuracies (although they feel like absolute lies) to get me into a new program with a razzle dazzle offer. Come to find out a month later I am being charged $20 more, one of the credits she promised mysteriously was not applied nor is this not on any of her notes nor are the other promises, such as quadruple the speed for a low price, the extra $25 credit, the credits for paperless and automatic payment. It seems as you continue to expand Comcast-Xfinity is dropping the ball. It is truly unfortunately the worst company ever and it continuously gets worse!

Here are the main issues: I had been having severe issues with my wifi since I purchased a modem over two years ago. Why so long to deal with an issue, who has hours and hours to spend on the phone to rectify a service that should work seamlessly to begin with? If the service is not working well you should begin paying your customers for their time, maybe this will ensure the work is being done correctly. Initially I was told it was my modem at which point I spent $279 on a new modem. This was an ordeal in itself because the system refused to acknowledge my new modem and did not want to remove the old modem from my account that I had been renting from Comcast over two years ago. This issue alone took literally several months to fix (it was insane). Despite changing the modem, I was still experiencing issues.

When I finally got home from my travels, back in April, (I was traveling and had various household members try to call in and rectify the issue to no avail) I had 3 service techs come to my home to figure out the issue. By the third rep Comcast finally decided to update the line to my home (it took 3 technicians to figure this out? So 3 days I had to take time out of my day to help facilitate this). Not acceptable. Last month (give or take a couple of days) I called to cancel because of issues I was continuing to have with your service dropping and every time I called I would spend over an hour with a rep (that is not sustainable or viable for my time). When I called to cancel I was transferred to a different country and told things that were untrue, so that I would renew and get locked into yet another year.

I was told the following: I was going to get $50 total for all the issues I was having. I was going to get 4 times the speed for what I had been paying. I was never told that I would have overages despite me asking on many occasions if I would be paying a flat fee.(For these reasons I renewed the contract for a year. I kept asking her that in order to renew the price kept coming up as $70 and that I did not want to pay this. She told me I would get $10 credit for paperless and $10 credit for automatic payment. I called today and find out it was incorrect.)

Upon the updating of speed of my wifi to the new plan, my wifi dropped in speed and continuously lags even worse than before. In speaking with tech support, he says that everything looks great on his end. Why am I getting a bill for $79 not the $49 I was promised? I have been on the phone for over an hour and again no one is paying for my time. I asked to speak to a supervisor her name is Lakesha (I had to ask the customer service rep, Bianca, 5 times) and I was told that the supervisor would call me when she could squeeze me on her time. I have conference calls, I have individuals to manage, meetings etc. I asked for an email where Lakesha and I can set up a call and was told that this service does not exist.

From my perspective this would be a more conducive way of facilitating expedited service rather than calling back and forth. Where is the mindfulness to the customer? Today I also asked Bianca for the name of the original individual from the foreign country who signed me up this last time and she is not required to put her name on my account? I asked for a transcript of our phone conversation to prove that I was given incorrect information and again this was not available. So I am at the mercy of a foreign customer service representative? Incorrect notes were put on my account and no customer issues were properly annotated.

It became clear to me today in speaking with your customer service rep Bianca, during her review of my account notes, upon listening to her read off her notes and the other reps notes who signed me up again, that they literally only cover their tracks in "what they say to the customer" rather than truly reflecting what the customer is complaining about. I had to ask her several times to amend the notes to truly reflect what I I am having issues with. Since when do the notes on a customer's account become about the representative and not the customer? It seems as though these individuals are more concerned about what they are communicating rather than what the customer is communicating.

Today, I am still having the same issues, despite increasing the speed, getting a new box and line and purchasing a new mode. (Frankly I am tired that I have to spend my time to get appropriate service, pay Comcast and I do not get paid for my time plus pay for a service I am not getting.) After this I was on the phone with Dennis in tech support and he will be getting back to me because in reviewing the back end tech notes they were clear and succinct that he was able to verify that indeed I had been having issues since April. (I can tell you it has been a lot longer however I do not have the time to constantly and consistently be on the phone. I have attached a screenshot showing that I today I was on the phone for an hour and twenty four minutes!)

You have so many different departments that are non responsive or communicating with each other and it makes things exceptionally challenging for the end user. As an example the woman from the foreign country that shared the inaccuracies does not have a name. Nor am I able to obtain the transcript of our conversation. I would like a comprehensive and immediate solution (I have been a Comcast consumer for over 13 years). What I was promised? Plus I do not expect to pay overages for the duration of the contract. Since I was never told about this during the renewal of my service, I was not even aware of this until today. And whatever else you are aware that would help to ease these frustrations.

Maria I do hope that individuals who can implement some of my issues in a constructive way do get this information. In the end a happy customer is a loyal customer. Without customers there is no Comcast. I reached out to you today due to the countless hours that I have spent in frustration hoping that if individuals such as yourself are knowledgeable of point of sale issues they can make a difference.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

This company is beyond belief. I wanted to add internet to our service and scheduled an appointment. They didn't show. I called and rescheduled. They didn't show. But they did send a technician to "fix" our t.v. - they changed a channel - and want to charge us for it. I called and talked to a rep who was supposed to give a callback - and never called. I called again and talked to a rep who wanted to sign up for a contract, and who said that the termination clause would not apply. I asked for it in writing, and he said he can't. He kept me on the phone though asking me to look at this and that. I asked (again) for a supervisor - by this time I was at the boiling point - who again told me they can't send me something in writing (of course Comcast can - this is legal and possible, but they won't). 6 hours of my time gone today.

Comcast Internet Service Company Information