2.77/5
Based on 1,006 ratings submitted in the last year

2702 Comcast Internet Service Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 3, 2019

I called to get internet service and they pulled my address up and said, "Absolutely. We can provide you with internet service." They did a HARD hit on my credit not a ping. Ok. I’m good with that. I take off early today to get here for my appt and the technician calls me 10 minutes after my appt and tells me they do not provide internet service in my area. I’m livid. Not only did I take off work early, I now have a hard hit on my credit and I bought a new Tv that I didn’t need, but I can’t take back now due to it being out of the box. And all they can say is, "I’m Sorry." I am beyond livid. BEWARE!!!

Original review: June 1, 2019

Got a new router for faster internet speed and the phone service did not work. Instead of resetting it remotely, they sent a repair guy to reset it and charged $60!! Comcast is a dinosaur that needs to go extinct.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Calling their service High speed is laughable. 150Mb/s down 30Mb/s up in a metropolitan area, Packet loss beyond belief, daily outages, inept customer service, and monopolistic tendencies. The world would be better without Comcast. High speed. In 2019 can asymmetrical 150/30 be called high speed internet? I don't think it can. Anything sub 200Mb/s full duplex is not "High Speed", and we aren't talking about Megabytes per second, we're talking Megabits per second. Don't even get me started on their routing, if the person who designed their routing table applied as an actual skilled worker, then he either lied, or the establishment who trained him should rethink their line of work. And to top it all off they don't feel the need to provide faster service because they have ripped the competition out root and stem. You don't have an option, you're going to pay their price for their speed, and you're going to like it.

Packet loss. On average between 10 locations I have Comcast installed we see a 2.5-6% packet loss per site. Anything greater than .1% packet loss outside of maintenance windows should be looked at as shameful. Outages. Notifying customers of planned outages? Naaah. Giving a reasonable window of outage time when contacted? Naaah. Customer service. They aren't trained network engineers, and they shouldn't be, but the time and number of escalations to get to somebody who has any training in actual network design makes it impossible to get anything fixed.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Applied for new service and told within 2 hr everything will be set as my house been all connected. After spending 2 hours of long with support to activate the account and my modem they found that its need to be hooked from outside. They gave next early morning and then some one in the morning cancelled my appointment with out any reason. Called 12 noon they told everything will be taken care by evening, called 4pm nothing happened and again same we are taking exception and someone will be there shorty. Called 5:30pm same story and told some mistake happened while placing your order and then again called promised by 6:30pm someone will be there without fail. Nothing happened called 7:15pm so now we can't schedule as tech team left for the day. As it weekend so not sure whether they can schedule anything. Ridiculous and bunch of liars in the company. Hopeless customer obsession and care.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I have Comcast and they keep raising prices in a noncompetitive area, where they are the only high-speed ISP in my general area, which is by definition a monopoly and it is illegal by Federal law. Something needs to be done about Comcast/Xfinity.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: May 31, 2019

I am paying for 150mbps and when they have system issues it either crashes totally or delivers less than 4mbps. As I telecommute and my job is in a critical path, this not only affects the company I work for but my income as well. They prorate loss of access at $8+- for 8 hours work lost. This is a screw job and there needs to be compensation equal to loss.

Original review: May 30, 2019

First, if you ever need to speak with a Comcast agent you need to have multiple free hours. It takes time to get through the maze that they have created when you call customer service, and when you happen to get to a live agent they usually can't help you and transfer you to someone who "supposedly" can. We cut our cable TV cord but kept the internet, because we have no other choice. Since then, we've had issues with internet speed and internet coming in and out. So, called (waited) and finally spoke to an agent that determined that someone needed to be sent out to check out our equipment. So, they decided that we needed a new cable (more $) and a new router (more $). They keep finding ways to screw you. Why is no one investing Comcast!

Original review: May 29, 2019

I have Comcast Business class. I pay extra to get faster service and a static IP address so that my web server can handle my businesses. Last Sat evening a severe thunderstorm came through. Took out a wide area of Comcast service...several hundred subscribers...including me. I reported the outage and they told me it would be fixed in 4 hours. When I checked again in 4 hours, I was told it would be fixed in another 4 hours. When I checked then, it was pushed out another 4 hours. This went on until the service came back after being out about 30 hours. They sent me a text message that my service had been restored. Problem is that it wasn't. I called tech support again and the techie confirmed he couldn't reach my modem. He ordered a technician to come out and get me connected. However, he couldn't get one out for another 8 days!!! Imagine Comcast being off the internet for 8 days.

You KNOW they'd put more resources on the issue to fix it. Why haven't they called in techs from surrounding areas??? Why don't they have techs work longer hours? Once they get my Comcast Business internet working again, Comcast and I are going to have a Come to Jesus discussion and they're going to have to give me some SERIOUS compensation (in the form of future service at no charge) to make up for their lack of quality service. This is absurd. Suggest you choose another provider if you want uninterrupted service.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I have been having problems with my internet. Every time I call they want to do a modem reset which doesn't fix my problem. I waited the 10 minutes they said it would take and then they disconnected me. No matter how many times I called they kept wanting to reset my modem first before I could speak to an agent. This is awful. Customers should have an option to speak to an agent no matter what. When I finally went thru several numbers I finally get a person in the business department, who got me to an agent that informed Me I needed to go to a store to get a new modem. When asked, "If this doesn't work do you have a number I can call to avoid the recording?" The answer was no. I hate Comcast and if I wasn't signed into a contract I would get rid of them permanently, their customer service is the worst and their service sucks.

Original review: May 25, 2019

My internet service is super slow and I am trying to speak to an agent about this and the voice robot keeps on resetting my modem and will not transfer me to a live agent. Very frustrating. And it is not as if there is any alternative in my neck of the woods.

Original review: May 18, 2019

They have horrible customer service. My internet went down and I had to call like 5 times and never fixed the problem. Went to stores and ask for technicians to help me and never went. I got sick and tired and left this people and got new company and they keep charging me for months. Now my bill is super high and they say can not do anything you need to pay that.... I do not recommend Comcast / Xfinity at all.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I was lied to 3 times by sales, promised HBO, SHOWTIME and 1 GIG of internet speed. Tech showed up to install and none of these were included in my package. I am currently getting 40-60 megabytes of internet speed and paying for 250. Customer service has done nothing to compensate for the misrepresentation or horrible internet service. I would rate them with ZERO stars if I could. From, Danbury, CT

Original review: May 15, 2019

As you can see from other hundreds of reviews, this is the worst internet service you can have. Unfortunately I was bound to use it for 3 long years because it was the only provider in my residential community. Worst speed, connection issues, high prices and hidden conditions. Every year they automatically increase the monthly bills by saying "your promotional offer has been expired".

You have to call them to cancel the service, and then they will give you the same price back. But wait, they don't pay you back the overcharged amount you paid in last bill cycle. Now that's not the worst part, the worst part is they put you on another 12 months agreement while giving you that "promotional" price", and you don't even know it. Because they never ask you about that, they just create an agreement and save it in your Xfinity account. They don't even send you a mail for new contract agreement. How are you suppose to know? And when you terminate the service, they charge you huge amount of termination fees. The worst service, and mentality of thieves. Keep it up Xfinity????

Original review: May 11, 2019

Tried thru chat and 800-xfinity to get password reset; was able to provide all info about account but they would not send because we were not in the house where service is located. Transferred to tech support - still no help. USELESS Service!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I’ve had Comcast for several years. I got divorced 2 years ago. My ex and I went to Comcast to sign me off as the account holder and the entire account. That way he could keep the boxes and not have to start over, it was just easier. I moved out and got my own service with them. It’s been issue after issue. The biggest issue is that after 2 years I came across my name and phone number still attached to his account and never was taken off. I was actually logging into what I thought was my account to check for a credit I was probably never getting, that’s another story.

After 2 hours on the phone, just that day, this is a week later and I’m still dealing with it. They somehow added a primary user to my own acct and I’m secondary. So now I have access to nothing. I’m the only adult living in my home, why would I put myself secondary? After many more phone calls, messages, etc. I’m told I need a 4 digit pin they gave me? Well I have no idea what they are talking about. I did not make changes on my acct and change the primary user I have no idea as to what the password even is to log in and try to fix this myself, so after wasting countless hours trying to fix their mistake, I give up. You can’t change my password but you can leave my information attached to another account? Way to go Comcast.

Every person I spoke to gave me multiple answers and none were even close in how I can fix this. One guy even said the good news is your ex’s account is no longer active. That’s odd. Because yes it is, we still keep in contact, so thank you with another lie. Once I can find another company, I’m leaving Comcast and their stories, long hold times, being transferred numerous times, and even being hung up on, among countless other issues this company has. I would not recommend them to anyone!!!

Original review: May 10, 2019

Once a week, outages, problems... Please call XFinity billing department and demand adjusting your bill. The only way for this company to learn if they start losing money. They should be aware that providing bad service will affect their business

Original review: May 10, 2019

So one evening I received a call from a salesman from Comcast asking me how my service was and there was anything I would like different. I simply told him I enjoyed everything I had, I wish my speeds are faster but I was fine. He proceeded to tell me for 5 more dollars a month I could get increase speed up to 50 mbps... The next thing you know I am checking my bill a couple days later in my bill is 35 more dollars. I ask the representative when I called Comcast why it was so high. She had informed me that I had switch to the Triple Play which I did not even know I had dawned I was on the Blast package for 74 bucks among plus another $5 for speed should be $80. For some reason my new bill was a 110.

After countless calls to customer representatives and resolution teams I finally got ahold of a manager who went back and listened to the phone call. After she listened to the phone call she informed me that I would be getting reimbursed the $35 for the past 4 months and that she was going to work up something to get me back on the plan that I was on. She told me she would call me within the next 24 to 48 hours. I haven't heard from her since. I called 2 days ago. Spoke to representative who had my case open. She reached out. Sent a email to the lady asking her to call me. I still have not received a single call. Mind month bill has came out since then and they again charge me a $110. They act like there is nothing wrong. They are making no effort to fix their mess up... It's funny because when you owe them money they harass you but when they owe you money they go ghost.

All in all I wouldn't recommend Comcast to my worst enemy and I will be seeking a lawyer to further go on with my case due to the fact I have never felt so lied to or belittled as I have with comcast. I've spent over 3 days of my life on hold and talking to representatives about fixing the mess up that their salesmen who keep in mind called me I didn't call them messed up... Moral of the story don't fall victim like I did and don't count on their resolutions team because when they owe you money they want to forget you and chase the people who owe them money regardless of how long you have been a good customer for.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Well, I refuse to get #screwed by Comcast. After being a loyal customer for 10 yrs, always paid on time, they all of the sudden want me to pay my bill of $53 + an additional $170 for DATA. Just google "Comcast data cap lawsuit". It's TOTAL **! So Today I shut it off! No TV, no Internet. #UnPlugged

Original review: May 8, 2019

We were paying almost 180.00 for Triple Play package. Box went out and we took it to a store. While we were there rep looked at account to see if he could save us money. He saved us a few bucks with a 2 year contract. When got home we no longer had any of the channels that we watched. The rep promised us nothing would change about our stations. Liar! Every rep you speak to can't answer your questions and it is a total scam. Putting you on hold, etc. My spouse told the one of many foreigners that we were going to package up everything, bring it to the store and cancel all of it.

Finally got a resolution specialist to fix the situation. I hate Comcast and wish they had some giant lawsuit to make them be regulated. My advice Do not change anything. If you need a new box, just get that and don't change anything. They purposely screw things up to get more money out of you. I am thinking they do something to your modem or boxes to get you involved with calling them. Don't fall for their Okie Doke.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have had numerous problems with the internet going out and needing to restart the router. We have tried 4 routers with the same problem. We have concluded it is the network. This problem has gone on for 3 years at my residence and is getting worse. But there are no other providers in the area.

Original review: May 6, 2019

They allowed someone to go online and order services in my name. This person didn't have to verify who I was to him or anything. They sent a technician to install services at the man's home that stole my identity. After I called to get the $9.95 internet for my son who attend school with reduced school lunches and giving Comcast my personal information, I was informed I already have services at an address I never lived at and signed by a man I don't know. I got a police report and the man has been arrested, yet his address still receive services in my name and a bill for $200 Comcast trying to get me to pay.

The fraud department asked me to email, text and/or fax my DL and proof of address to them. This was 60 days ago. Now they saying they cannot find my personal information and want me to resend it. Con artists who want to continue taking advantage of the victim instead of correcting the error and offering some type of assistance to help me. No apologies from Comcast or anything. They are putting me through hell to dispute the theft and yet didn't put the man who stole my identity through all this. It's sad.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I have been without internet for few days because their offshore customer service agents are the most helpless and useless ones in the world. When I decided to cancel the service it still took me about an hour to make them understand that my last day should be the last day the service was available to me. They still wanted to bill me for all the other days that their support service was trying to resolve my issue but was not able.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Comcast have a service that is called prepaid internet. With this service they don't ask for a deposit or a contract. Only the customer will buy the box and pay the first month when you want the service. What they don't told you is the box that you getting is used and do not work only for few days of course. I paid $80.00 dollar for that service that only had one day 'cause the box wasn't working. They will replaced it for other the same used and not working. I lost one day trying to get my service working or my money back but I couldn't. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE MONEY AND TIME PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS "PREPRAID INTERNET."

Original review: May 3, 2019

These people don't give a RIP. Worst customer service ever. We need other choices to go to. I will never recommend. Out of service from them working on the lines to land now no service. The best they can do is 3 days to come back out and fix their wrong.

Original review: May 1, 2019

My fault. We moved, there are no other cable providers. I called Xfinity and was quoted $79.99 triple play for 24 months. I said go ahead, and they came the week I moved. I was not billed $79.99, but $99.99. They said I agreed to it, and that there's nothing they can do. I didn't agree because I didn't have a computer to acknowledge and agree. Sneaky -- I gave them the name of the person who quoted the info but they can't find the phone call... and there's no promotion going on now so they can't change.... I hope another provider comes into my area who will offer lower rates as I will switch.

Original review: April 25, 2019

For the second time in the last few weeks, I have experienced trying to get on the Internet with instructions to restart my service. The first time went smoothly, except that I did not know I had lost the service through no fault of mine, I might add. I did miss the opportunity to work from home for many hours, because I have a laptop tied into my wifi. Tonight took me 35 minutes with a technician named Kevin between the hours of 6 and 6:35 pm, when I finally got service, on Thursday, April 25, 2019, who had me disconnect the black cord and unscrew the cable. The latter was difficult because I lack strength. No one should have to go through that! And certainly not so often!

When I told Kevin I was having difficulty he threatened me with paying 50.00 if the cause was on my end. My service is much slower than AT&T and that was pretty bad; however, I am likely to return to their much more expensive service, as I am getting my money's worth with my introductory offer of 19.99/month and will have to continue to suffer through these ordeals through the second year at a higher price! There were no storms in this area today by the way. My time is important also, Comcast, and there was no reason on my end to have interrupted service.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Comcast has the absolute worse customer service ever. Their automated answering is unable to recognize English no matter how clearly you articulate it. They keep zero records of what has been discussed about your account and given you have been a customer for over 10 years and faithfully paid your bill on time every month they still don't see that as a reason to not schedule service men to come shut off your service when their automated billing screws up and doesn't take your payment. No phone call, no investigation, they just shut your internet off. After spending at least 3 hrs on the phone trying to get it sorted out and thinking you have you wake up the next day to have to repeat the whole process again. But that is not the end of the story so wait for it.

About 4 days later you check your Xfinity account to see if everything is back to normal only to discover they have charged your acct. $210.00 for early termination. Yes you heard it right. I can assure you that would have never been found and corrected by anyone who works for Comcast. I had to call and go thru another 2 hrs on the phone bringing all this to their attention. After filling out several surveys of my opinion of their Customer Service I agreed to let them follow up with me by phone and chose "morning" as the best time. Guess when they called? Easter Sunday at around 6 pm...dinner time. Oh yeah.. The only word that comes to mind in all my encounters with Comcast is...IDIOTS.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I first likes to say that Comcast Representatives are not very knowledgeable. I contact them concerning my data usage and he told me it was because of my Amazon fire stick. I explained to them if they had better services I would have to use a fire stick but yet he still could explain to me why the excess data usage when no one is at home. This went on for about an hour and ask to speak to someone else. Never allowed to. Thank God that I'm only in this contract for one more month and they can have their bad services. It's so sad that in the ** community they only give us the scraps of everything but I'm not garbage material and I'm not going to accept garbage service so I pray and I hope that someone else sees this and be acknowledged that Comcast is truly a rip-off cable company.

Original review: April 21, 2019

In August 2018, I canceled my television service with Xfinity and requested to keep my month-to-month contract for 250 MB internet service. The salesperson offered 1 gig internet service for the same price if I signed a 24-month agreement. I explained that I wanted to stay month-to-month because I might be moving to a place without Comcast for work.

The salesperson unequivocally told me that cancellation fees would be waived if I moved to a place that Comcast did not serve. When I moved seven months later, I received a $180 cancellation fee and representatives from Comcast now tell me that there is nothing they can do. This was outright fraud by the sales team. And it wasn't the first instance of fraudulent behavior by their sales staff. In November 2017, I received an email out of nowhere thanking me for upgrading my television service - which I had not done!

Evidently an unscrupulous salesperson had upgraded my service without my approval. They apologized and reversed the charges, but it's more evidence that this is a company to avoid if possible. On top of all of this, my "gig" internet service never topped 230 MB in the seven months that I had it. They simply did not deliver anything close to their advertised speed. Internet service (in Redwood City, CA) was also spotty. We'd have to restart our Xfinity modem several times a day to keep a signal in our house. In short, stay away from Xfinity if at all possible!

Original review: April 20, 2019

I've had Xfinity internet for several years now and I have to say they still SUCK! The internet constantly goes out or slows down. It doesn't matter how much you call them. They always have some lame ** excuse why. When are we going to force these huge CONGLOMERATES that create monopolies to at least give us quality service. I hope everyone knows that the USA has some of the slowest internet service in the world because these guys are trying to nickel and dime the ** out of everyone... DISGUSTING!!!

Comcast Internet Service Company Information