3700 S. Stonebridge Drive, Dallas, TX

4.9(486)

About United American Insurance

United American Insurance was founded in 1947 on four core values: stability, service, quality and commitment. Today, United American Insurance offers life insurance, cancer and critical illness insurance and Medicare Supplement Insurance policies. The premiums for its whole life policies never increase. The company works with local and home office agents to sell policies.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Nationwide coverage
  • Strong critical illness policy
  • Several Medicare supplement choices
Cons
  • Limited selection of policies
  • No online or live support

Stars Rating

• 91%
  • 6%
  • 4%
  • 0%
  • 0%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United American Insurance?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United American Insurance?
    CoverageStaff

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2023

Everything's fine in my experience with United American. They take care of everything but my copay. They send me all kinds of updates. I get mail from them four times a year. I had the $2,000 deductible plan. Then they sent me mail saying that I could change it, which I did at that time. Now, I got just the copay. As long as Medicare covers it, they cover the balance. Last year, when my wife passed away, they took care of everything, canceled her policy, and sent me a refund. They're great.

Pinned

John, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2023

I purchased a health insurance and the application process was easy. It's also better than my previous insurance company.

Pinned

Mayra, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2023

I went through a broker and it all went very well. United American has been very efficient. The health insurance I got is a great plan.

Pinned

Kevin, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2023

I've been very happy with United American Insurance. It’s great and the price is reasonable. They pay everything that Medicare does not pay.

Pinned

Mr. Garcia, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2023

I would recommend United American Insurance. I have supplemental insurance for my Medicare, and it's very good.

Pinned

Kathleen, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2023

They're a very good company. They have been fabulous.

Pinned

Dorothy, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Nov. 21, 2023

I'm very satisfied with United American. It had what we wanted. We like the coverage. I'd recommend it.

Pinned

Margot, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Oct. 30, 2023

Thank God, I haven't had problems with United American. I have regular Medicare and the supplement. I have Plan F, and the person who was involved in selling this at that time had Plan F, which they don't have now. I was able to understand, in comparison to the other plans, what would be better for me because I had some chronic illnesses.

Pinned

Berta, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Oct. 29, 2023

United American Insurance has been good. So far, they've been taking care of everything.

Pinned

Johnny, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Oct. 29, 2023

I'm satisfied with my United American insurance. The price is reasonable. And anything that I need, I can get. It would be a good thing to have. I'm happy.

Pinned

Waletta, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

CoverageStaff

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2023

Everything has been taken care of. I'm on year three and getting ready to stay on year four. All of my expenses have been covered. And being a person on disability, it has been great. I recommended United American Insurance yesterday to someone.

Pinned

Deborah, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2023

The insurance broker that my wife and I went to when we were looking at policies told us that he had his policy with him and he said he's always had good luck. There weren't policy increases in the cost and that's been pretty much true. We've only had one since we've been with United American but it's still affordable. I've been very happy and satisfied with them. Look into them as a potential supplier of coverage.

Pinned

Steve, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Oct. 3, 2023

I've had a tremendous amount of medical stuff going on this past year and I went over to the max. But United American paid the bills when they were supposed to.

Pinned

Dolores, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We hope you are doing well! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Oct. 1, 2023

United American paid every claim promptly on time, and I've never heard any questions with them. I'm very satisfied.

Pinned

Erik, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Sept. 29, 2023

I've been with United American Insurance for a long time and I've been very happy.

Pinned

Lynn, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Sept. 15, 2023

I've had an okay experience with United American and they are good in what they provide. I have recommended them.

Pinned

Annie, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Sept. 15, 2023

I contacted United American for an address change back in April and the bills are getting to the new address so that’s helping. The price is high but it’s a good insurance. I wish they could find ways to bring it down to some, but they gotta make a profit, too. The coverage to be fairly well. Whatever Medicare covers, they cover.

Pinned

Greg, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2023

So far, our experience with United American has been good. They always pay the bill. As far as eye doctors, they take care of that too. But if they take care of hearing aids or glasses, it would be better.

Pinned

Howard, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2023

United American is good. It’s just aggravating to get a lot of bills. I don't like that portion. It used to be 2,300 and now they went up to 2,700. So, I'm not happy about that. It's ridiculous. Every year, the deductible has been changing.

Pinned

Agnes, thank you for your review regarding your experience with United American. We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage. Your feedback will allow us to improve the process of helping secure financial protection for our customers. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2023

United American Insurance does a good job. The deductible keeps going up each year, but they're inexpensive.

Pinned

Ellen, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2023

I've been happy with United American. My husband used it when he was ill. He has since passed away. This is the second time I'm using it. I fell and hurt my legs. I have round-the-clock care. It was along with my Medicare and it works. I'm very satisfied.

Pinned

Geraldine, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2023

My experience with them has been good. I like them. They pay for everything except for my medicine. They erased that. But that's about it.

Pinned

Jose, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2023

United American covers everything that Medicare pays for and my experience with them has been very good. Last week, I used them for a hospital stay and they covered everything.

Pinned

Fern, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Sept. 1, 2023

I have supplemental medical insurance with United American and it has been seamless. It's one of your best options if you can afford it. But it would be nice if it had a drug component. Yesterday, I had prescriptions that were not covered by Medicare and United American does not pick up the charge for that.

Pinned

Denise, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Online & App

Reviewed Aug. 31, 2023

The application process was easy. My insurance agent presented it to me. United American have always been real good about paying. Anything Medicare paid for, they picked up. I don't have to pay doctor visits either.

Pinned

Lydia, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Online & App

Reviewed Aug. 31, 2023

I have a supplemental policy from United American that goes with my Medicare. The application process was easy for me. I didn't have to do anything.

Pinned

Megan, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2023

United American is great. I had open-heart surgery and I had nasopharyngeal cancer, which is not good. I had 35 radiation treatments. My insurance company paid most of it, and I can't complain. Their reps have always been very good. You don't have to wait an hour and listen to music.They've never kept me on hold, they've always answered my questions, and they've always covered. I was never sick until I got the cancer. I'm not one to get sick but when I did get sick and when I had questions, they answered them. Every person I talked to was as nice as can be.

Pinned

Philip, thank you for feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2023

I've been very satisfied with United American, thus far. They're very punctual with statements and payments and I have no problem with them at all. The rates are fair and equitable. Their service is good. Their follow-up was decent. And even when I've had problems and had to call customer service, they were able to rectify everything I had a problem with. I've recommended them to several people. I've been very pleased.

Pinned

Vivian, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2023

I feel safe and secure that they're gonna pick up my bills. It's been wonderful. Their service has been great.

Pinned

Mary Ann, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2023

I've always recommended United American. I got it originally through a gal that lived where I live and she was in the insurance. She arranged the policy years and years ago because she said it was the best. And she was right. I like United American. It's fine.

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2023

When Medicare doesn't pay with the full amount, United American picks up the rest. I'm pleased with them and I am 100% satisfied. They’re excellent.

Pinned

Roslyn, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2023

I have a high deductible policy. The rates have been most reasonable. When I signed up for the policy, it looked like I made a lifetime decision because their pricing and the quality of service far outpaced their competition that I was aware of at that point in time. I've had no dissatisfaction since. They work very well with Medicare. Medicare submits to them electronically and I've never had a problem. It's never been smoother in my entire life that I’ve been with Medicare and United American. They're both highly competent and their pricing is good.

Pinned

Henry, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2023

The service has been excellent. They give regular statements every month so I know exactly what's happening and if there is any discrepancy or any comments they wanna make, I can look at the code and figure out what's going on. So far, they have always paid their share of it without any question and I have never had to do any calling. It has always gone smoothly, thank God, because that's not usual nowadays. The only thing is I wish the premium was kept at one level, but I know they can't really do that.

Pinned

Helen, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2023

United American is a good company and there are no hassles. I have never had a problem that I've had to confront them with over the phone. They were highly recommended by my agent who uses them and other people who use them as well, and I feel like I made a good decision. It's a secondary medical insurance over and above Medicare, and the claim submission process works good. I've had tremendous medical bills this year with a problem that set in, and I haven't had to do anything to make it work. It’s done well.

Pinned

Frank, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2023

United American insurance is a good way to deal with my supplemental insurance program. They manage to pay most everything that I need. There was only one time that I ever had to call them. Recently, I had knee replacement surgery, and I was going to physical therapy. They balked about a physical therapy bill. Apparently, the people at the physical therapy place didn't code it correctly and sent it in. I had to call the physical therapy, and they coded it properly. United American's taking care of it.

Pinned

Dennis, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2023

When I signed up for Medicare, I went with United American Insurance because at that point, they had the Plan F. I'm happy with them and I'd recommend them.

Pinned

Margaret, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2023

I've had United American through thick and thin. We didn't change the provider and just kept going year after year. They are a proven part of what we depend on. I don't look to improve something that doesn't need improving. I would recommend them.

Pinned

Evelyn, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2023

Their customer service has been very good. I get an explanation of benefits or the little paper frequently, more often than Medicare. The government sends me stuff so I can keep up with it. Communication has been very good. I've had a very good relationship with them over the years. I've stressed them this year. I've had several medical problems. My claims have all been taken care of through doctor's offices or hospitals or wherever I go.

Pinned

Saundra, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2023

United American Insurance has done everything it said it was going to do. It would be a wise purchase.

PriceStaff

Reviewed July 16, 2023

I am very content with United American’s service as well as the price because we're looking at all the little extra money we can save. It was great dealing with the rep. People should go for United American because I’ve been with them for years and it's working perfectly. I’m satisfied with what I get from them.