3700 S. Stonebridge Drive, Dallas, TX

4.9/5 (89 ratings)

About United American Insurance

United American Insurance was founded in 1947 on four core values: stability, service, quality and commitment. Today, United American Insurance offers life insurance, cancer and critical illness insurance and Medicare Supplement Insurance policies. The premiums for its whole life policies never increase. The company works with local and home office agents to sell policies.

Pros

• Nationwide coverage
  • Strong critical illness policy
  • Several Medicare supplement choices

Cons

• Limited selection of policies
  • No online or live support

Bottom Line

United American offers Medicare Supplement Insurance and has limited policy choices for other insurance types, including life insurance and supplemental cancer insurance. It's available all throughout the U.S.

United American Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United American Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about United American Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

I've been with United American for 12 years, and I've had a good experience with them. I haven't been that sick, except I had open heart surgery in May. I haven't seen any of the bills, but I've seen the statement that said, "This is not a bill" and saw what the bill could be. Everything looks like it's something I can afford. I wish they had drug coverage though. I called to find out about it, and they told me they dropped all drug coverage since 2014. So, now, I'm gonna get it at Medicare. Other than that, everything has been fine.

United American Insurance response

Sharyn, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

They've got a fabulous reputation with the hospitals. We're here in Dallas for four years and I've been in the blasted hospital for different operations. Their insurance supplement is golden. UT Southwestern just loves it. When I go into emergency and show them the insurance, there are no questions. It's exactly what I wanted. I just changed my direct billing with them and that was straightforward, wasn't quite as easy as I hoped it would be, but I got through it last night. Apart from that, they're doing a very good job.

United American Insurance response

Geoff, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

I’m really satisfied with them. They provide good service. I've been with them for a long time and they pay for my dialysis.

United American Insurance response

Nina, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I like them a lot. I've been perfectly happy. I haven't had to pay one penny out of pocket. It covers whatever Medicare doesn't and I've never had any issues with filing things. The doctor's offices file it and that's it. I don't hear anything again. When I talked to them, they were very nice, helpful and they answered all my questions.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

United American Insurance is more specific and complete. Also, payment is faster.

United American Insurance response

Alan, it’s always a pleasure serving and protecting families! We appreciate you letting us know how we’re doing! Thank you for choosing United American!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

I have supplemental medical insurance with them. We're completely satisfied. They pay for everything that Medicare doesn't or take care of it.

United American Insurance response

Lee, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

United American Insurance is reliable and a little less expensive than Florida Blue. They do the job well and we appreciate it. We're very pleased with the service. We haven't gotten shot down for things that we consider legitimate expensive. They've been fair.

United American Insurance response

Mr. Goodman, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

I've had United American Insurance for several years. People are constantly calling me and trying to get me to change it. But I haven't had any problem with it so I haven't thought about changing it.

United American Insurance response

Cheryl, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

United American Insurance has lower prices. They're excellent. They've always taken care of whatever our costs have been. I had called to try to get myself on United American but they did not return my call.

United American Insurance response

Verna, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage. If you still haven't heard back from a UA representative please call us at 1-800-331-2512 and we'll make sure to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

My daughter-in-law told me United American Insurance is good company. I went with them and I’ve had no problems with them. That’s more than you can say about some of them.

United American Insurance response

Thomas, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

United American Insurance's customer support responds very quickly. It has been fine.

United American Insurance response

Joseph, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you reaching out to us and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

My client has been with United Health Insurance forever and she's always been satisfied with it. According to her paperwork, automatic claims are effective in 1995. I spoke with United Health Insurance because I had to send the paperwork for a power of attorney and my client's claims. They've been processed. We did automatic billing when the payment comes due.

United American Insurance response

Nancy, it’s always a pleasure serving and protecting our valued customers! We appreciate you letting us know how we’re doing!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I called up one of United American's salespeople, Bill, and he was more than helpful. He got me everything I wanted. If I had a problem, I called up Bill. He came over immediately. United American is an excellent insurance company. Don’t look any further, go with them.

United American Insurance response

Matthew, it’s always a pleasure serving and protecting our valued customers! We appreciate you letting us know how we’re doing and thank you for choosing United American!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

My insurance broker recommended United American Insurance and told me why they were good. I went with them and my experience has been excellent. I would tell friends to consider them.

United American Insurance response

Leonard, we’re glad to hear that you’re satisfied with your United American experience! Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to serving you for many more years!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I switched to United American Insurance several years ago. They have very good agents. I'm very satisfied with my plan and I would recommend this company.

United American Insurance response

Billy, we’re glad to hear that you’re satisfied with your United American experience! Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to serving you for years to come!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I have Medicare supplement with United American. I did my research and it was the best for me and my wife. This insurance is very valuable and my experience with them has been a very good one. I will continue to recommend United American wherever it is possible.

United American Insurance response

Donald, we’re glad to hear that you’re satisfied with your United American experience! Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to serving you for many more years!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

I've stayed with United American for about 30 years. I just wish I didn't have to use it so much, but I'm getting old and things are happening.

United American Insurance response

William, we’re glad to hear that you’re satisfied with your United American experience! Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to serving you for many more years!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

United American's coverage has been very good. The cost is a little high. I'm paying a lot more than I'm getting from it most of the time now, but I appreciated it because I've had some pretty bad things happen to me over the years and it's taken care of everything for me. United American has never let me down, and I would recommend it highly to others.

United American Insurance response

Louise, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing us for your supplemental health insurance and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

We had some clearer facts from the gentleman that was selling United American. He didn't beat around the bush about any of the questions that we asked, and United American seems to have everything that we wanted.

United American Insurance response

Penny, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing us for your supplemental health insurance and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I've had a very positive experience with United American Insurance. I've had a lot of health issues and my coverage is fine. Chris is my rep and he is wonderful.

United American Insurance response

Judith, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing us for your supplemental health insurance and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Original review: July 29, 2022

United American Insurance is paying claims but I've had a couple of mine that they didn't allow.

United American Insurance response

Janine, thank you for your feedback and for choosing United American for your supplemental health coverage! We always encourage our customers to reach out to their agent but if a response isn't given in a timely manner our customers can always call our UA Customer Service number at 1-800-331-2512. They will be happy to help or direct you to someone who can.

Original review: July 17, 2022

United American has been a good outfit. I've been having several health issues, and they've been covering what Medicare doesn't cover. That's been a big boon to me.

United American Insurance response

James, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We hope you're doing well and we appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: July 14, 2022

The broker that I spoke with didn't give me all the information, because I would have gone with a better paying plan than the one I'm on. By the time I thought about it, I had a couple of stents and I was told that I couldn't change my plan. But I thought that there was no pre-existing condition, but there is. United American should allow their clients to change my plan. But other than that, I have no complaints.

United American Insurance response

Florence, thank you for your feedback and for choosing United American! We always encourage our customers to reach out to their agent but if a response isn't given in a timely manner our customers can always call our UA Customer Service number at 1-800-331-2512. They will be happy to help or direct you to someone who can.

Original review: July 6, 2022

My United American policy worked well. When I took out the policy, what happened was the guy that signed me up passed away, and then they put somebody else to do his paperwork. I spoke to the guy every now and again. He seemed to be helpful when I spoke to him, but we don't get much feedback from him. He doesn't call. I had a very difficult situation because I was on dialysis. When I did speak to their people, they were very helpful but I found that if we don't get statements regularly and we don't get the necessary paperwork, it's quite difficult to talk to them and deal with them. I went through a kidney transplant and as far as payment goes, they were very good. The only problem that I had was the National Kidney Foundation was paying for the policy at the time, and it was very hard for me to coordinate between Kidney Foundation and United American. It was hard for me to find out who was paying and when they were paying.

United American Insurance response

Thank you for your feedback, Jeffrey. While we always encourage our customers to reach out to their agent, if a response isn't given in a timely manner our customers can always call our United American Customer Service number at 1-800-331-2512. They will be happy to help or direct you to someone who can. Thank you for choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Original review: July 5, 2022

So far, United American has been great and we're very happy with it. From what Medicare covers, they pick up the rest. Some plans cover vision and hearing aids, and I don't think this one does at all. That would be nice but we don't have any complaints. It's what we bargained for.

United American Insurance response

Donna, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage and we look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Original review: July 4, 2022

We're happy with United American. We’re enjoying the benefits and peace of mind that we have. I just got out of the hospital with a stroke and we haven’t gotten any bills yet. We’re fully covered.

United American Insurance response

Robert, it’s always a pleasure serving and protecting families! We hope and pray you're doing well and we appreciate you letting us know how we’re doing! Thank you for choosing United American for your supplemental health coverage.

Original review: July 3, 2022

United American works for me. I had a stroke a year and a half ago, and I had no hospital bill. Between that and Medicare, everything was covered. I’m real happy with that.

United American Insurance response

Ronald, we’re glad to hear that you’re satisfied with your recent experience with United American! We hope you're doing well and we thank you for choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage!

Original review: July 2, 2022

Every time I needed to contact United American for anything, the customer service has been excellent. I was hospitalized, so I needed to use it. I found the coverage to be very good, and I'm really happy with the product.

United American Insurance response

Shawna, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage and we look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Original review: June 22, 2022

United American is my secondary insurance for my Medicare. They've been wonderful for me and I love them. Their coverage has been working very well and I never get a bill. I've recommended United American to a lot of people. I would hold it up against anybody else's secondary insurance.

Original review: June 11, 2022

Any time we've looked to use the insurance, we've never been told no. Since everything's been going all right, we haven't had reason to change providers.

United American Insurance response

Lynn, we’re glad to hear that you’re satisfied with your recent experiences. Thank you for choosing United American for your supplemental health coverage needs and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

United American Insurance Company Information