3700 S. Stonebridge Drive, Dallas, TX

4.9(486)

About United American Insurance

United American Insurance was founded in 1947 on four core values: stability, service, quality and commitment. Today, United American Insurance offers life insurance, cancer and critical illness insurance and Medicare Supplement Insurance policies. The premiums for its whole life policies never increase. The company works with local and home office agents to sell policies.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Nationwide coverage
  • Strong critical illness policy
  • Several Medicare supplement choices
Cons
  • Limited selection of policies
  • No online or live support

Stars Rating

• 91%
  • 6%
  • 4%
  • 0%
  • 0%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United American Insurance?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United American Insurance?
    Customer ServiceCoveragePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 11, 2024

I have an insurance consultant and he chose the Medicare supplemental from United American because of his experience and the coverage is fine. The customer service was very quick.

Pinned

Clifford, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Staff

Reviewed May 10, 2024

I have United American as a supplement to Medicare. They're very good.

Pinned

Emily, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed May 9, 2024

I got health insurance from United American and the application process was easy. I told them I wanted to change, and they checked out the insurance I had and told me what they had to offer, and I switched over. It was better coverage.

Pinned

John, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed April 15, 2024

I got a medical insurance from United American and the application process was very easy. The rep took care of us and the customer service was good. We've talked to our son-in-law and daughter who will be coming to that stage and we recommended United American.

Pinned

Doris, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

PriceStaff

Reviewed April 15, 2024

I've been very pleased with United American at this point. I'm not excited about their prices going up but what hasn't these days? They take care of my doctor bills, which I have a few of, and I'm pleased with them.

Pinned

David, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 14, 2024

When I picked up the Medicare supplement with United American Insurance, the agent advised me that the premium would not increase and I believed it. But the premium has gone up every year. They don't raise it a lot, but every year they raise it. I should have got him to write it down for me. It started out at less than $180 and it's now at 304 a month. I’m not really happy about that. But other than that, they're okay.

Pinned

Kathleen, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We're sorry for the price increases but they were necessary to continue the excellent coverage we provide. We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 14, 2024

We had a rep who helped us because my husband was applying for Medicare and his secondary insurance and his prescription policy. For us, the application process was easy. I've been happy with the coverage and the fact that it's a health savings account. I thought I was gonna get into an argument with my CPA. He didn't believe there was a health savings account portion to it. I would recommend United American. I'm very satisfied. At the end of last year, my husband had a major open heart surgery and several hospitalizations and had a bit of trouble.

Pinned

Karen, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 14, 2024

I like United American Insurance very much. I've had no problems whatsoever, other than the fact they raised the fees. But everything's been fine.

Pinned

Estelle, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2024

I've had United American for years and they've always been fantastic. They’ve covered my ridiculous expenses, which I appreciate, and anything I’ve ever dealt with with United American has been first class. If somebody is looking for insurance, I would recommend it.

Pinned

Louis, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2024

I was happy with my insurance company, but one of the women that I used to play mahjong with liked her company and she said that for the same money, that I could get a specialist somewhere and they would cover it like extra special. I said, “If I'm paying the same thing, I'll do that.” So far, I've been very happy. The rep I worked with was a very nice man and helpful, too. I utilize their services a lot. I’ve been with United American for many years now. I've been to the hospital and they paid for everything. I've never had to pay anything. They're a very good company to go with and I've never had a problem.

Pinned

Sandra, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed April 6, 2024

I have a gap insurance through United American. Whatever my Medicare don't cover, they send it over to United American. When I was employed, I had insurance through my employer. When I retired and I became a Medicare aid, I took United American as my secondary insurance. United American's customer service reps have been very good. They pay my bills and I don't have to worry about anything. I'd tell others to get United American and sign up right away.

Pinned

Robert, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2024

My wife and I retired and we live on a fixed income. If the rate was a little lower, we would have a little more to work with. But being it so high and it's good, I have to accept it. The cost is high but it's worth it. It's the best I've ever had and they take it everywhere.

Pinned

Emanuel, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 1, 2024

United American's application process is very easy. It went right through. I called them when I couldn't find my card. They were very prompt in sending me a new one. I got it within days. They're an A+ company. They're very prompt on paying. They do 20% on our medical bills. So far, they stepped up to the plate. They've paid everything that they're supposed to be responsible for. I'm so satisfied with United American that I'm not going to start looking for something a little cheaper. You get what you pay for.

Pinned

Carole, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2024

I live in a mobile home park. The guy that owns Stevens & Associates came up to the clubhouse and he gave such a speech about United American that there were four of us who immediately switched over and never left. When you got the best, you leave it alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The coverage gets me by. I don't come out of pocket for anything. We've had very good luck with their workers. I'm happy.

Pinned

Richard, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2024

United American Insurance is wonderful. My insurance agent 15 years ago told me to do it and I've been with them ever since. I've always had good insurance service.

CoveragePrice

Reviewed March 7, 2024

I'm happy with United American's Plan F Medicare Supplement. My doctors are, too. It's made health insurance payment a lot easier. I don't have to fool around with getting a bill from a doctor, a bill to an insurance company, and waiting for the insurance company to pay. Plan F is not cheap, but I could foresee at age 65 I was gonna have some health problems because of my back. I'm glad I have Plan F instead of one where I have to pay deductibles and track who is paying what. Plan F is right for the health that I have.

Pinned

Larry, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

I have my supplemental insurance through United American. I would recommend them. It's expensive but I had no problem. That's why I keep renewing them. I have not used it very much over the last 20 years, but I did in the last two years. I've been hospitalized and I fell.

Pinned

Judith, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

United American always pays the people but they're very expensive. They pay the bills, but really, more comes out of my pocket than they pay out. When I started it many years ago, it was $68 and now, I pay 340 some dollars a month. I hope that they don't get too much more expensive because then I'll have to look into something else.

Pinned

Ruth, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

CoveragePrice

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

I had cancer in 2017, and then I have osteoporosis so I've had a number of broken bones since then. United American picked up everything that Medicare did not. Even though they were more expensive than a lot of the other companies, I picked them because of the full coverage if Medicare approved whatever my services needed were. The only thing I would like to see from United American is to have some at-home care covered, like food service while recuperating. Sometimes, the hospital would discharge you and bring you home and lay you on your bed when you can't put weight on your feet.

Pinned

Jane, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

I've had UAI since around '96. The cost is high but it's good insurance.

Pinned

Janice, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

I've been with United American for a few years now and they've been fine. I have a good plan and I've had no issues whatsoever.

Pinned

Neena, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

United American has an annuity part that I can pay ahead for my policy and that should cover any out of pocket, which it does. However, the problem is that there's a misinformation that they give. When providers call the insurance company to find out if I met my minimum, they say no even though I did because of the annuity. I complained about it, but they don't seem to be doing anything about it. Besides that, I have no problem with claims being covered.

Pinned

Faramarz, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future. We appreciate your input too because this well help us improve this important process.

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

My experience with United American has been perfect. They pay the 20% and I pay my 300 and some dollars a month and everything's going good. However, I have a claim issue right now with Quest because they said that the doctor ordered a particular lab test and they did not. It wasn't covered and they're charging me 500 bucks, so I'm fighting it with the doctor's help. I'm at the doctor's office right now waiting for him to come in.

Pinned

Drake, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Process

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

I purchased a Plan F through United American. I've had no difficulty with them. I have told others repeatedly that I'm very pleased and I've suggested that they look into the program. I've given them the name of the person that we deal with in terms of the annual reviews. I'm looking into whether or not there are any ways that they would also do some of the perks in terms of dental coverage. It doesn't seem that they take care of any of that. Other than that, I speak very highly of United American.

Pinned

Angie, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Customer Service

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

United American is the best. I had a stroke last year, so sometimes, I can't talk correctly. Each time I called United American because I needed information or the right answer to something, they were very polite. I will tell people to call the office where I'm taken care of.

Pinned

Denise, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We hope you're doing well and we appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Staff

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2024

I got the Medicare supplement at an insurance agent's office, and signup was very easy. Overall, United American is great, and it's far better than what I had before.

Pinned

Anita, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Jan. 7, 2024

I've been happy with United American Insurance. I found that the co-pays for the Advantage plan became so prohibitive that I decided I wanted to have regular medical insurance. So, with the Medicare, I bought the supplement. I have Plan F. I have a good plan and I have no problem. The premium is high but that's because of my age. My daughter also has a plan with them, but her premium because of her age is considerably lower. Unfortunately, she can't have Plan F because they stopped providing it before she did.

Pinned

Gloria, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2024

United American Insurance has been adequate for all of my needs. I've had 10 operations, surgeries, and they paid every bit of it. So, as a part B, they're adequate for me. I would suggest United American to all of my people if they don't have it.

Pinned

Carroll, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American. We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2023

United American Insurance appears to pay the doctors on time and I have never had any trouble with them. The only suggestion I would have is they don't seem to care to pay a SilverSneakers-type benefit for older people, which other companies do.

Pinned

Sheridan, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2023

I'm very happy with them. Their price is better compared to my previous provider.

Pinned

Barbara, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with United American! We appreciate you choosing UA for your supplemental health coverage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

United American Insurance Company Information