3.8/5 (1321 ratings)
Get a Quote on SmartFinancial

Compare car insurance rates near you.

Get an auto quote on SmartFinancial.

Get Started

About SAFECO Auto Insurance

Safeco Insurance is a Liberty Mutual company that offers several different insurance products, including home, life and auto coverage. It has a wide variety of auto insurance policy options and customizable plans to suit your needs.

Pros

• New car replacement
  • Pet coverage
  • Backed by Liberty Mutual

Cons

• Not available nationwide
  • No focus on high-risk drivers

Bottom Line

Safeco is backed by Liberty Mutual. It offers several discounts, coverage options and driver services, including new car replacement and pet insurance. Its auto plans are customizable.

Compare car insurance rates near you.

Get an auto quote on SmartFinancial.

Get Started

SAFECO Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SAFECO Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SAFECO Auto Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

NEGATIVE 10 STARS!!! This is the most CROOKED and SCANDALOUS company I have ever had the displeasure of working with. We are actually current customers (until the second I get a new quote from ANY OTHER INSURANCE COMPANY) and were hit by a driver that has this awful insurance. My wife was discriminated against for being a woman and given the run around for 3 months. She did everything they requested and after each follow up was met with disrespect and shallow responses.

They quoted our car's value at 35k pre accident and are suggesting its diminished value is now 31k. After a couple of appraisals, the best offer we got was 20k. After repeatedly asking them who they got a number 11k more than ours was we were told it was their "Best Educated Guess" based on all the experience they have in this industry. They also followed this statement by saying that almost all diminished value situations fall within 1k and 3k???? Do you think you are talking to a complete idiot? I am absolutely furious and will NEVER be a Safeco / Liberty Mutual customer again and will post in every corner of the internet to safe anyone else from this SCAM of a company. My advice is to run away and pray that you never get hit by someone with this ridiculous excuse for an insurance company representing them...You will be sorry and screwed, trust me!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Seems like a nice company with great provisions. They are part of Liberty Mutual, which advertises you only pay for what you need, except in my case with a car in storage only coverage, they add emergency road service premium. Strange, the car is parked and may not be driven for months. Why do they charge for road service, so much for that slogan?

Original review: May 13, 2020

I was hit and the customer has Safeco insurance, They were nice and pleasant but they offered me 2800 for damage. So I took the car to get it estimated from two different body shops, One estimate came in at 4300 the other was almost 4600. Both auto-shops said there will be hidden damage once they get into the repair. The ins adjuster Kandy was untruthful to me in the initial phone call by stating they don't have to pay for diminished value. I knew at that period of time what I was dealing with. So I submitted the estimates from the body shops into the safeco rep, and they came back with 3800. What? 500 under the lowest estimate I got. Plus on the sheet they sent me for the estimate they figuring taxes at 5%. I am sorry but my taxes are 8.3%. Keep in mind this is before a rental car and finding the hidden damage that all vehicle seem to have.

So the way they want it is I pay for someone else to hit my car. No thanks. Stay away from Safeco and Liberty Mutual. They are the same company and they Don't care! I asked for a supervisor to call me back but as of this time no one has called me. I will file through my ins company, and let them go after the party for no payment. But I want to warn everyone that there is a reason why the rating of safeco is so low.

Original review: April 28, 2020

It took Safeco a month to simply accept liability. I was rearended at a dead stop at a stop light. It was very simple. Then they took another 2 weeks to approve an appraisal. I had severe whiplash and splitting headaches. I was treated so horribly by them it created even more stress heart related issues. Then I was charged $500 for the rental I had from soon after the accident until the whole mess was over. I was charged for their insured hitting me at a stop light. They are refusing to reimburse my out of pocket medical expenses too. All my whiplash physical therapy appointments were postponed due to the coronavirus lockdown so they figured they would get away with more because of that. I am now getting a lawyer. I suggest anytime you are dealing with safeco you just start with a lawyer.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Safeco's adjustors are lazy. They allowed a fraudulent claim against me, raised my rates, and will not answer emails sent to them about the issue. The main adjustor moved into another job within Liberty Mutual and disowned all responsibility for her actions.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Safeco/Liberty Mutual is the worst insurance company I have dealt with. I won’t even give them a one star. I would give them a 0 star. I had them for six years. Filed a claim which they denied claim and closed it out then dropped me for renewal for filing claim. I would not recommend Safeco/Liberty Mutual to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I was told that anything being hauled behind my truck was covered by the insurance policy on the truck. After damage from a hail storm, I was informed that my utility trailer that was being hauled by my truck isnt covered after all. They lied to me. According to the adjuster I would have to have a separate policy on anything being hauled by my PU truck. Do not do business with this company!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

This is going to be a long story... I’ve had Safeco insurance since 2008. I’ve paid all my payments on time and I thought was good standing. In March 2018 I was robbed of both personal and business property. My business policy did their investigation and replaced all my property in under 2 months. Grain Dealers were awesome. During that time Safeco wouldn’t return my calls and had switched adjusters a few times. I had to give them pictures and statements over and over. With every passing of the paperwork I had to do it. A few weeks went by and I called and called, everyone was either on vacation or at lunch.

Finally I get a call back from another new adjuster and he admitted that he lost my claim and it would be settled in a week or so. That time went by and I made several dozen called over a few weeks and never got a call back. Then out of the blue I get a call from a new adjuster and he wants all the pictures again and a statement. At this point we were at a year after the incident. I gave him all the info yet again. He also said it will be done and settled in under a week. A month goes by and my patience had run out. I contacted my agent and asked him what to do. He made some calls and told me to get lawyers involved because he’s seen them do this before. They wanted me to give up and then not have to pay the claim. So I got a lawyer.

After my lawyer got involved they talked to him a few times and then sent my claim to the fraud department. Coincidence? I wonder. So now we are at 2 years in. Since my lawyers have been involved they have changed adjusters 5 more times. Again wanting all the photos of the property and statements but something new. They want my taxes for the last 5 years. I’m not going to comply with the taxes. None of their business. March will be 3 years of their lies and false promises and little games. I’ve lost so much time, money, all to just get my property replaced or paid back.

Last week they wanted a deposition for which I complied. Basically all the same questions as the 12 other adjusters and whoever else at the company have already heard. I’ve never had a claim other than a car accident when I was 19. I’m 40 now. Never been to jail for any reason. I’m a business owner with a good reputation. A military veteran with a Honorable discharge. Take this story and tell a friend, a co worker, your family. STAY AWAY From SAFECO and LIBERTY MUTUAL. Lies, Deception, theft, and Fraud is all they represent

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

We're a policy holder with Safeco. My wife got in to a Honorable accident when a driver ran a red light. Pamela ** called and without asking how she felt or if she was hurt started to blame my wife and told her to take blame for the accident and was yelling at her! I would never recommend this company to anyone! The same day as a matter of fact the other driver took responsibility! This insurance is not on your side!!! Now my wife is scared to drive and can't sleep at night!!! Thank you Pamela **!!!! I hope you rotten in hell!!!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

After an auto accident where a Safeco driver pulled in front of me and was cited by the police department for failure to yield right of way (several eye witnesses verified this and were listed in the police report), Safeco now refuses to accept liability. Their driver was also cited for for being under the influence and was taken into custody at the crash site, yet Safeco says their driver disputes the police report so they will not accept liability. I find this unbelievable! I have never sought legal measures against others, but this just is not right. I asked them to reconsider, if they refuse I will hire an attorney, but it should never have come to this.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

This company sounds out of country, and pretends to be another company, calling them their partner and sister company. Lies. They are cheating people. Getting you on an agreement you did not agree to, taking in high amounts for very little coverage, then not covering you, not doing their work. They force you to work very hard, you work with many adjusters who specialize in the next step, ignore you once you sign on, do not ever give you direct answers after asking multiple times, nor do their work you ask for multiple times, make you work so hard to get anything done. They mail to wrong addressed. Almost ruined my credit score by delaying papers to wrong addresses, and not paying off my vehicle or me (still haven't, and denying my $25,000 medical. They were very tricky about words, and in the end say I only have $2,000 medical which they called "additional?"

I initially signed up with an adjuster who agreed to give me my first request I make sure of, my $25,000 medical payments. Then they gave me a different adjuster who changed all the stories around, and played word games. I never received my policy and kept calling and calling. Now I am hit in an accident, and they say I have "additional" $2,000 and that is my only medical payments. I had $25,000 medical payments. They put the whole $25,000 in liability, and gave me $2,000 medical payments saying they called it something else, and charged me $98-$108 a month. The auto adjuster pushed me to be in touch with the other company, and I said I want my insurance company too. They pushed, and then the other company said I had to give a recording in order to get my vehicle covered, and he added medical questions I said I was not comfortable answering. This is about my vehicle.

He told me I would not get my car coverage unless I answered them, so I kept it brief. Rude. Illegal. An insurance company cannot force you to go to the responsible party's insurance, and would not advise you that you have to be in touch with them. You were hit by them. No, you do not have to. Your company can do this work. They said it would be quicker, and could get me my car fixed quicker, and get me my deductible which they deducted from my pay out anyway. I still have not seen. The auto adjuster did not talk about my deductible. I asked him to get it for me, and two times he said "if I can." I researched, and it states that if another party has been deemed responsible as this one has, the responsible company cannot deny your deductible. They kept saying things like "they may not agree, they may not want to." Lies.

There was so many delays it caused my car interest to go up by the time it was paid about 2 more months later. I had to track it constantly. I had to go to their adjuster, illegal, then they denied me a second opinion. The initial inspection was low, then my car was totaled. No 2nd opinion was allowed. They later said they would send "their" adjuster over, and then they jumped into the next step not addressing my request for another opinion, pressuring me to go get my papers signed, when they were already signed, or pay storage, go get your things out of your car or pay storage, that my car was deemed totaled. I asked for a copy of the final estimate, they said they don't do that when the car has been totaled, I said I want to see what was wrong with it. I had to push every step of the way on everything to get them to take some action.

I highly suspect they are a spam/scam company out of country. I Asked again. They never gave me a copy of any papers by mail, except my sent the paper to sign my car over to the bank and pay it off to another address I told them I am not several times, delaying the pay off, while I am without a car. Then they don't pay off the car. I had to call Liberty mutual to be treated like a real insurance company, and get some action finally. They almost ruined my credit bureau rating and standing with this bank, it took so long. I never have been late on a single car payment in my life, and it would have ruined my ability to buy a car. I worked daily with them, missing work, losing money. Always delays of waiting days before returned phone calls, more delays, no action taken.

The medical adjuster was a worst nightmare. I did not want to talk to the responsible party's insured, and she said I should. She wanted to tell the responsible party's insurance a lie, that I wasn't interested in a personal injury claim, in order to get them to pay. I said no, I want another adjuster. Spoke to her manager, and they denied another adjuster. Now I am forced to go by email despite my telling them that hurts my hands and I can't always access it. They never answered my questions. Made me wait days for replies. She just said "send the bills to me." I said that is not enough. Wwe need to have a conversation. (Email monologues are not answering my questions.)

One day, I tell them I am to see a doctor. I receive an email that my $2,000 medical payments is exhausted, and my case closed. I told them I am still injured, have had little treatments, and need them to forward my bills, as they represent me better than myself to them. She replies they are not attorneys and do legal representation. I tell her I did not ask for legal representation, but to work with getting established with my bills being forwarded, in so many words (given the other option to go with the other company). They both agreed to forward my medical payments. I hear from my doctor I am to see on something that is serious and needs to be seen for. They call me and state they cannot see me, because my medical adjuster closed my case, and that forwarding is no good if the case is closed.

She said they had to speak with several women, and it was all so very confusing (manipulative as I experienced), and they had never heard of a company closing your case when it is still open due to injuries. New ones not barely addressed. They said it was highly unusual. This is not how insurance companies work, not even Liberty Mutual, who they represented themselves to be. They work with liberty mutual, and never seen anything like it. I researched, and they cannot close a case just based on exhaustion of medical payments, when you are injured and seeking treatment. It stops your treatment. They said they would forward my bills, but a case closed stops treatment. I have had very little treatment, and they said initially they would forward bills when it is exhausted. They do not want to help you get your bills paid by the other party. They just want out.

My other doctors call to get paid, and they are told, to go to the responsible party for payment. They are not taking in bills and forwarding them. These people are nasty, rude, and will cause you incredible trauma, and work. Full time. I am not allowed to talk to anyone in the department over her supervisor who is playing the same game with me.

I asked once for the insurance adjuster's name. Medical adjuster did not even know his last name. I asked for information on them (never mailed to me), she would not email it. Now they are just telling people to go to the responsible party, and that's the end of story. Move on to the next victim. I called Liberty Mutual and finally was not routed to the claims adjuster. The claims phones go directly to your adjuster. You cannot get anyone else, nor go over them to talk to someone in charge of that person in claims. Answers are strange. Out of country. They do not understand. Don't know normal Insurance procedures. No replies to asking constantly to have a conversation, that and get this cleared up. Dumped. I finally get ahold of Liberty Mutual and see what a real insurance company is like again, and we shall see who is over him. But they are not who they pretend to be, Liberty Mutual.

They are a company which pays possibly to use their name in order to get clients, and once they get you, they do nothing for you, and gave me misinformation so often, I felt like I was dealing with another country. They just told me as if I was in Russia what I was to do. Never helped me at all. Watching out for this company. They will get your money, not give you your insurance money you pay for, and not do their work. Definitely an out of country branch. I was hacked once, and they acted just like the hackers. Nasty and authoritative. No rights. Once I asked an adjuster on the main claims his name, and he gave me an African name, and would not give me any last name, operator/agent number or phone number. Was rude. Very definitely a scam. Report this fake company to anyone they pretend to be "partnered with."

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Got rear ended with somebody who had Safeco ins. My claims specialist was Cindy **. She was terrible, very rude, lied to me and my body shop and her manager was no better. All they did was what was in their best interest and didn’t care about me or the body shop my car was at.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Safeco has a terrible billing system and even worse customer service. They hook you by billing you for the upcoming year before the current year is done and if you don't pay it they will charge you a $15 late fee! It would be better to pay a few dollars more and have better customer service. I know I will be doing that going forward.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

RightTrack is a con to allow them to track your driving information. They claim you can earn a discount (up to 30%) for good driving but this is total bs. I used Right Track for the required 90 days and got the rating of "great" on nearly all my drives. Once the 90 days were up I was told I wasn't getting any further discount because I already got the discount when I signed up. Why did I do this then??? I was informed the discount was equal to the discount I got initially so I wouldn't get a further discount. It now makes sense that when it went to a certain number it stopped going up and giving me credit for safe driving. For the last several weeks my discount has not moved or changed in spite of excellent driving. When it gets to your already discounted rate it stops tracking. So do not expect to get ANYTHING from Right Track. Very dishonest practice on the part of Safeco.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

When I cancelled my policy, they only refunded 1/2 of the amount they were supposed to. I called to ask why, and was told this is their policy. I was bounced between 3 different people and told the same thing by all of them, they would do nothing about it and kept 1/2 of the money they owed me.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

We have used SAFECO insurance in excess of 10 years without any issues. We use an independent agent to review our insurance needs each year and they canvass several different insurance companies and each year SAFECO has met our needs at the best price.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

The question asking how we rate the customer service is a tough one to answer because we've never had a claim, or reason to contact the company! Thankfully, we haven't had any claims in many years! SAFECO does have great rates and has saved us a lot of money (compared to other carrier's rates).

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I have been a customer with Safeco for 14 years. Both homeowners and auto insurance. I purchased a new car 18 months ago. I have autopay now for at least 10 years and when I transferred my insurance to this new auto it showed I missed a payment. I immediately contacted agent and she stated it was resolved. After 18 months, disputed with credit agencies and been in contact with corporate headquarters, who stated that it will be, it has not been and my credit has been compromised because I have a negative on all 3 report agencies. I will now have no choice but to change companies.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

SAFECO is very quick to access the damage and to process payment to repair facilities. I do think they are a little higher than other options but their service is outstanding. I haven't researched costs lately.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Service was begun with Heather **. She seemed ok with a claim on medical being covered for chiropractor visits initially. I followed up with her about twice a month and in the beginning the case seemed fine. Her responses were to contact her when it was completed. Along the way, with this being a first time medical claim on a car accident, I was never informed of how the claim is paid for. The chiropractor office charged me, and I was told by friends also they had paid their medical then got reimbursed. So at this point I was charging to a credit card (as I did not have spare money for this, and was on a Christian Healthcare as well, which you learn to pay as a cash customer and negotiate prices).

With that said, the claims added up to over 1700+ interest. Also, the time missed from work was not cared about on paying for over 1 hour. With that said, it was very unreasonable because the chiropractor office was 20 min away from work, and 10 min from home. Most appointments were midday, some were after work. Mileage was not being reimbursed either, and missed time was cut too much. I filed a complaint with the insurance commissioner in Georgia, and the case was forwarded over to Safeco/Liberty as well and Heather's supervisor called me to discuss it again. It sounded like it would be taken care of, but two days later Heather called me back and they had not changed anything. They ARE NOT the insurance that covers things that you miss due to an accident, so be ready. If you get hit by a Safeco/Liberty Mutual customer, they will not reimburse you even to the amount you miss out on from them!!

Original review: July 20, 2019

We had SAFECO car insurance since last 3 years and now they increased the annual insurance by $500....The only reason that I see was that I had a very minor rear ended bump and they had to pay to the other car owner $350 for repainting the bumper. Just got rid of Safeco and switched to the other insurance company with same coverage that is even $200 cheaper than what I paid to Safeco for the last year. Will never have Safeco in future. It's a rip off.

Resolution response: Sept. 20, 2019

I’m updating my story from June! Thank you all. SAFECO has decided to reopen my auto claim and paying all medical bills and my daughters wages. Thank you.

Original review: June 29, 2019

My 16 year old daughter had a car accident January 16 2019. I reported the accident that same day. I also made a claim for Grace's work wages to be paid until she could go back to work. After the accident she had lots of head pain and neck. The ambulance took her to the hospital. On the way to the hospital she was really feeling the pain so they put her in a collar. She was also feeling very nauseous. When she got to the hospital they took an x-ray of her neck and put her into a collar for two weeks not to be taken off at all even for showers or baths 24 hours a day. Told to go see a neurologist.

So I took her to the Noran Clinic on 3/4/19. The doctor said Grace has suffered a concussion with debilitating headaches, hand weakened, neck pain, daily headaches. She was put on ** 5 tablets a day. The doctor also stated that Grace could not go back to work until she clears her to go back to work. As far as school goes she said Grace could go but with many limitations and will see Grace again in 4-5 weeks.

On 4/15/10 Grace and I had to file a restraining order against her father! The Judge signed it for 2 years for Grace and I. On the order it states that Grace's father is going to file insurance fraud on Grace and me. So the next day I called SAFECO and told them about the order and SAFECO said that he already called and Grace and I are under special investigation and until that is done nothing else will be paid! Grace was not paid her wages and her medical bills were piled up. I continued calling Brian at SAFECO to see if it was done. He keep saying no! So pretty soon I got a letter - Grace needs to go see their neurologist on May 25/19. So I took Grace there on that day! It took a entire month and a half to get his report back. I keep calling SAFECO and keep getting told they have to wait for the report! I continued to take Grace to the Noran Clinic and her chiropractor as her doctor suggested.

On 3/22/19 visit with the Noran Clinic the doctor said to increase the **. On 5/22/19 went and seen her doctor at Noran Clinic stating that Grace has not been able to work due to her concussion from the accident on 1/16/19 now clearing her for work again on June 10/19 . Every time that Grace would go to the neurologist or to her chiropractor I sent in the bills. On 6/27/19 I called SAFECO again and they said the report was in from their doctor! The report stated that Grace did not have concussion and the insurance company doesn’t have to pay any of Grace doctors bill after 2/15/19!! He also stated that he could not get the ambulance report.

The next day I went to the hospital and walked in and got the ambulance report after reading it I know now why he said he could not get it! He also mention that he went on to Grace Facebook and found a picture of Grace holding her horse by the bridle and she said, "Thanks Red for the ride. You are my best friend!" Grace doctor suggested that Grace sit on her horse and walk around with him. It would be good therapy for her! There was no mention of the Noran Clinic in his report. I wonder how the insurance doctor could make that determined about Grace when the insurance doctor from SAFECO when he didn’t even see Grace until 5/25/19!! The bills are piling up and now they are going in my name and Grace is not being paid work wages!

The reason I had insurance is for things like this that happen (like accidents). I’m a single mom on disability. I can’t pay for all these bills and Graces wages! Shame on SAFECO and their insurance doctor for doing this to a kid 16 years old!! I’m going to appeal that letter they got from their doctor. I have all my proof and the ambulance report!! Poor Grace. She has suffered a lot and still is. SAFECO has tricked us! SAFECO should be the one under special investigation not me!

Original review: June 25, 2019

I'd give them a zero star rating if I could. We received a quote for RV insurance April 10, 2019. We received a good rate and were happy to go with Safeco. There were no hidden points/tickets on either of our driver's licenses that they were not aware of. Over 2 months later we get a letter stating that due to new information our premium was going up almost $800 a year. The reason was a 2017 automobile claim on our insurance that paid out $1600 (for damage to a parked car in a parking lot).

The extra premium is retroactive to April 10, 2019, where usually tickets and such would come off your record after 3 years. We expected that in 2020 our premium would go down but Safeco uses the date they got the report, not the date of the incident to start the countdown. So we will be paying the higher rate for the next 3 years. That is the part that angers us most. An additional $800/yr for a $1600 claim seems excessive to us and had we known all of this in advance we would have shopped elsewhere.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Safeco should not be allowed to steal as effortlessly as they do. They do not fight for their own customers. They defend the others involved so they can quickly pay the claim and jack up their rates. The cs/adjuster and supervisors just evade answering you for weeks at a time. We finally consulted a prominent and very experienced accident attorney and he said he had never seen a claim settled that 100% did NOT have their own client's best interest in mind and a complaint to the Arizona Insurance board is now being filed. They clearly acted in bad faith. Run as far away as possible from Safeco and please cancel cancel cancel.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Purchase classic insurance for my classic trans am from SAFECO. I paid the down payment and paid my monthly bill for three months and then they sent letter stating they can't cover my car under classic insurance but they can cover it under regular insurance and the price will change so I cancel them the same day. And now they put it on my credit report saying I owe them but I don't. This company is a RIP off but will soon end up in a class action lawsuit.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I have read several reviews since my recent experience with Safeco and it appears that there must be a systemic problem. Many of them seem to have had some of the same problems that I have experienced although they occurred in different parts of the country. On Feb. 20 my son was involved in an at fault accident. My car was the only one that sustained any damage. A claim was filed and an adjuster assigned who advised me that I could use a repair shop in their network or take my car to a shop of my choosing. I thought there would be an advantage to using an in-network shop. WRONG! The estimate doubled after it was broken down and my car totaled. It had only moderate front end damage and there was some concern that some of the parts to be replaced were not damaged.

When some of the costs were questioned, the mechanic responded that they could charge up to that amount. Needless to say we moved the car to another facility where the estimate was less and the car is in the process of being repaired and the check is on the way to the shop. They provided a rental cardio a few days and then discontinued it although I have been paying a premium for thirty days. Reason given, our moving the car stopped forward progress. CUSTOMER SERVICE is horrible. Representative, Lauren, hung up on my son. Never contacted me to discuss options when my car was totaled. Still has not called. Still awaiting a response to my email regarding rental coverage. Have only approved sixteen days out of thirty to which I am entitled. Adjuster assigned is Lauren **. If you are looking for insurance, RUN, don't walk away from this one.

Original review: March 7, 2019

My car was totaled in an auto accident on Feb. 7, 2019. It is now March 7, 2019 and the claim is still not completed. The car was determined a total loss on Feb. 20, 2019. It took SAFECO two weeks to investigate and value the car. Yet another week to write a check to my bank to pay off the loan. And still the check has not been received by my bank - one week after the check was supposedly written. I am accruing interest on a loan for a vehicle that I no longer have and was signed over to the insurance company. It has been 30 days now and not yet resolved.

Don't use this insurance. Claims are a big hassle and Safeco is in NO HURRY to resolve anything for you. I had to leave 3 voice mails and 7 emails to get a response from the adjuster on the update of the claim over the course of two weeks. His voice mail is always full because he never returns a call and I got two different "out of the office" responses to emails within a two week time frame. The claim is still open and NOT resolved as I patiently wait for the check to arrive to my bank. HORRIBLE customer service, SUPER SLOW on results. Go elsewhere for your insurance needs.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Please be careful with people who have Safeco Insurance, I was hit from behind by a woman who demanded I made her hit my brand new car and the claim Insurance Adjuster was acting like they were in the car with this woman and saying I did intentionally made her 18-year-old car hit my Brand new car. They did not accept liability even after hearing the insured agreed to trying to run me off the road. This company is absolute garbage and Lawsuit is already filed against their insured. Please request a new Insurance adjuster if you get a woman by the name of COURTNEY ** @ **.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I had a terrible experience with this insurance company. They lied to me (I have wrong info they sent me in emails); gave me misinformation; and clearly do not care about the people they provide services to. I would strongly encourage you to go with another provider.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

NEVER AGAIN WITH SAFECO. Reported to DMV that I don't have insurance, after I canceled insurance with them, even though, I bought insurance with another company. Never had that happened before with other companies.

SAFECO Auto Insurance Company Information