Progressive Renters Insurance

Progressive Renters Insurance Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Renters Insurance?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Renters Insurance?
    Profile pic of the author.
    Verified purchase

Reviewed Oct. 22, 2023

I don’t like their billing practices. My bank shows my payment is processed but Progressive keeps sending inaccurate billing notifications threatening cancellation. I will be switching coverage next billing cycle for sure.

Reviewed Oct. 8, 2023

My mother, her friend and my husband and I all had rented a property. It was part of the rental lease to carry rental insurance and we had a fire in the building. Somehow we were all taken off except laura (mom). Policy went from $10,000-$40,000 but they covered us. After 9 months my mother got check and said insurance company said she can do whatever she wants and doesn't have to give us ** when we filled out 3 individual content forms. I am not happy. I feel this all could of been prevented if insurance would of just gave 2 individual checks. She has had check for 2 weeks and won't give it to us.

Get buying tips about Renters Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2022

I had Progressive Renters Insurance, and I moved out of my apartment to my house. It took me 20 minutes to speak with an agent to cancel my renters' insurance. Why is taking so much time waiting on the phone to take care of something very simple? Do you think I will ever consider Progressive when I choose renters insurance next time?

PriceStaff

Reviewed May 24, 2022

I have been a Progressive customer since 2009. I currently have 3 active policies including pet insurance for my 2 year old rottie rescue with no history of biting and aggression and got denied renters insurance due to his breed. They didn’t ask for any history or records. They just asked ‘do you have any dogs with this breed or a mix of them’ and listed your stereotypical ‘aggressive’ dog breeds and then I got told they cannot provide me a quote because of my dog, who they provide pet insurance to. Disappointed and disgusted with them. After 13 years of using them I will be moving on and finding a different company.

Price

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2021

Not the cheapest quote entirely. Has more exclusions than other insurers. Example you have to have addition in coverage for certain perils. IE watches. Other companies' renters already include that for the same premium.

Customer Service

Reviewed Jan. 16, 2021

Progressive insurance as a whole has really been horrible since the pandemic started even if it was their fault. It's still charged fees, wouldn't tell you about special departments to talk to because of the virus and then hound you like crazy if you miss a payment on anything and then cancel you and then threaten to turn you into collections all within a short time. Even if you call them over and over trying to figure out a solution.

Price

Reviewed Jan. 15, 2021

Comfortable with price and payment plan. Also so easy to set up. You just log in, add information and they will send you copy of insurance in your email. I tried other like State Farm and Geico but they were very expensive for Progressive I pay half for my car and renters insurance.

Staff

Reviewed July 16, 2020

Was told I would be covered under electric outages for food/appliances - 8 years later never made a claim and no I’m not covered because the pole didn’t burn at my residence. It was a block away. This is disappointing as I pay monthly and electric out for 12hrs and spoiled all my food and air conditioner broke. Agent wasn’t very friendly either.

Christopher increased rating by 2 stars.
      Sales & MarketingPriceStaff
      After a positive interaction with Progressive Renters Insurance, Christopher increased their star rating on May 8, 2020.

Updated review: May 8, 2020

Apparently the reason it wasn't covered is because it wasn't damaged in the vehicle, which means I would have had to file it under vandalism or something. Apparently I can also purchase more coverage.

Original Review: May 6, 2020

The Progressive sales person said the renter's insurance would cover items damaged during a move. The policy most definitely does not, as my claim was just rejected. I needed to purchase renters insurance anyways, but the fact that progressive assured me I was covered meant I did not purchase additional insurance. So progressive's lying salesperson cost me twice in that sense. I mean, what should I expect from an insurance company, I suppose. Still, don't give these people your business, they are just scammers with great advertising.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 6, 2019

It's not an easy process to decide to change insurance carriers, but they had lower rates, so I made the move. Prepaid 1 year. I start getting emails with links that don't tell me anything and the next thing I know they're threatening to cancel my policy. So I call in to find out what I'd done wrong because a cancelled renters insurance will get me evicted. They just wanted to ask me to verify EVERY question I filled out when I submitted the application. It's deplorable that they would treat new customers like this.. My first experience with their "customer service". This was ANYTHING but Progressive.

Progressive Renters Insurance author review by Ashley Eneriz

Progressive is based in Ohio, but serves customers nationwide. Progressive is one of the big players in the personal property insurance market, ranking fourth overall according to a 2014 report by the Federal Insurance Office.

• Multi-policy discount: Add renters insurance to your auto policy for as little as six dollars per month.

• Accurate quotes: To obtain a quote, Progressive may ask for personal information such a Social Security number. However, personal information is protected and only requested when necessary to create an accurate quote.

• Privacy protection: Progressive is sensitive to recent personal data issues and provides clearly stated information regarding the protection of your privacy.

• Information protection: Progressive's policies are on the cutting edge of technology and include safeguards for electronic, physical and procedural information.

• Online claims submission: Progressive provides convenient online claims submission via the Homesite online servicing agency.

by Ashley Eneriz Deputy Editor, Personal Finance

Ashley is an expert finance writer who worked for 12 years with top names in the industry, including Discover, The Hartford, ScotiaBank, Chime and Synchrony. She joined ConsumerAffairs in 2022, and specializes in coverage of banking, credit repair and debt management. Her writing has also been featured in Forbes, Time, Yahoo, MSN and Reader’s Digest. In her personal life, she enjoys homeschooling her three daughters and writing children's books.

Progressive Renters Insurance Company Information