Get a Quote

4.9/5 (1415 ratings)

About Lemonade Renters Insurance

Lemonade Insurance company is transforming the typical insurance model with transparency and instant technology. Their monthly affordable fixed flat rate means you get your claims paid faster. They offer an add-on for extra coverage with no deductible covering damage and theft, worldwide. Renters Insurance monthly fee as low as $5. It only takes 90 seconds to get insured - check their prices and get insured today!

Pros

• Flexible coverage
  • Speedy payouts
  • Low-cost policies
  • Add-on coverage available
  • Giveback Program

Cons

• Not available in every state
  • No bundling with auto

Bottom Line

Lemonade Renters Insurance offers affordable rates with flexible coverage options. It's not yet available in every state, but it's expanding quickly. Customers can expect fast payouts with its automated claims system.

Lemonade Renters Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lemonade Renters Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lemonade Renters Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Lemonade settled my claims within 7 days and Alex made the whole process seamlessly easy while she keeps on reassuring me that once all requested information is submitted, they will act on it. This gives me more confidence to continue using the Insurance company because the water damaged happens at a point that I am financially struggling being a festive period. I will definitely refer my friends and family.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I feel like I want to press a class act or some type of discrimination lawsuit against Lemonade because every time I had a claim they treated me like I was a bargain. I had to accept bare minimum and then they told me when my policy was up that they were not going to do business with me anymore and the reasoning being has to be discrimination.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Jonathan and Sam were amazing. They made this experience very easy and were efficient. Can't thank them enough. My claim happened during the holidays and I know it was a busy tine for everyone so I appreciate how fast and great they handled the claim.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

From the moment I first called to the very last interaction, I was met with empathetic and quick to respond Lemonade agents. Although it is a fairly new company the service I received does not reflect that and has given me the peace of mind that in the event of an emergency I will be taken care of. Well done Lemonade. I appreciate your help and will definitely recommend this company.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

Ok so I am very happy that you helped me as much as you could but I am still not completely satisfied, one my policy was changed but I did not make the change, 2 my landlords property that I rent from is connected to him. My policy was supposed to come $100,000 damages to where I was staying which Included my landlords floors and walls. His stuff added up to $14,000 and I am being stuck with having to pay it or I am going to be thrown in jail over this. I tried for weeks to get in contact with anyone to have this fixed but I have not been able to. Come to a conclusion yet and I can't move back into the place due to owning $14,000 to my landlord for damages.

I am in need of assistance for a temp apartment not a hotel for about a month then I can get back on my feet and have my business going so please can someone that can listen and understand where I'm coming from help me. I have until the 12th of this month until they charge me criminally for his damages and I get put in jail and I will have to get my lawyer involved on Monday if I do not get a resolution to this like asap. But besides that I'm happy AND would recommend you to anyone I see. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I recently had a bike stolen from my garage, and Lemonade managed the claim process so well that I would describe it as "delightful." That's a word I never thought I'd use when speaking about an insurance company! It was easy, friendly, and quick. I couldn't be happier about my insurance with Lemonade -- and I'm now looking to replace my current car insurance with Lemonade's because of my experience with them! Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

My Lemonade experience was a good one. Thanks for the good service. Excellent customer service and prompt responses. Hopefully I won't have to go through this again, but if I do I know I have excellent renters insurance with Lemonade.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Worked with Alexis in the claim review department and everything went as smoothly as possible. Had water damage on Christmas eve, and they made a bad situation way better with the care they took. Cannot recommend Lemonade insurance enough, will soon be using them for other offerings as well such as their pet insurance.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

In late December last year, a drain pipe leaked in my bedroom and closet. I called Lemonade and easily got in touch with a representative. She guided me the process and informed me a case advocator will be assigned to me. Alexis is the advocator, and she got in touch the very next day. The information Alexis asked for was straightforward. As soon as I submitted the claim, Alexis put the report together right away and got it approved within hours. Alexis and Lemonade made the otherwise daunting process very simple. Alexis is super helpful and efficient. I absolute would recommend Lemonade to any friend. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Great Experience working with Tamika…Quick, fast and easy to go through the process with! I would refer anyone to Lemonade! I have pet insurance as well….& cannot wait until they offer car insurance....Simple and efficient claim process. Nothing but positive things to say about the service they offer!!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Stephanie is so lovely and helpful along the whole process. From beginning to end I had the help and support I needed in my time of worry. Best insurance company. I recommend to everyone. Thank you again. Stephanie should get a raise too. ;)

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

We never expected to have a water leak in our apartment but it happened and we were forced to evacuate. It was a scary situation but Lemonade made it easy and resolved our claim within 26 days. They worked through the holidays to process everything and helped us get back the cost of our furniture and personal belongings dollar for dollar. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Hated the process but the Lemonade crew worked with me to help recover my items in a fast and helpful manner. I was frustrated and they looked past the emotions and still helped. Yes it’s a huge process and I don’t like communicating via email, but overall would still highly recommend. Wasn’t too happy with the outcome but I can’t complain. I know they can’t give me all that I paid but something is better than nothing. I really appreciate their understanding when I might of been slightly rude. Never felt incompetence and was never talked in unprofessional manner. Thanks for the help, Evan! You’re great!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

My claim was taken care of in seconds. We had personal belongings stolen from us during our stay at a hotel in New York City and Lemonade was incredibly quick at getting back to me about my claim for theft. It was very straightforward, I provided information from the police report and the documentation for the items that were taken from us. It was very easy!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I filed a claim with Lemonade and they were quick to follow-up and thorough with their explanations. The process was practically painless. Their app UI is also the best UI I have ever used from an insurance company. Every representative I was in contact with was super friendly and helpful.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I recently had to file a claim for a stolen personal item and was extremely happy with the whole process and how helpful Sasha, from the claims team, was throughout the entire claim. Even though they required a police report. Lemonade actually approved my claim before I submitted it and processed my payment fairly quickly once the claim had been approved. The one caveat is that I wish they had given me the option to chose a lower deductible. Overall, I'm very happy with their service and recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

We use our e-bike to commute to work and to our kid's school every day. It was stolen on Christmas morning, and Lemonade was right there to help us through the claims process. We got the insurance payout within 10 days, even over holidays. So appreciative for this. Highly recommend getting insurance through Lemonade!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Every time someone files an insurance claim is because something negative has occurred. Adam, who worked on my claim, was helpful and sympathetic to what I was going through. The date of my water damage was Christmas Day, so I believe the holidays delayed it slightly. The entire process took about 9 days, which was helpful in getting me situated quickly.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

It was great working with Katy! She was very responsive and a pleasure to work with! I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth the whole process was. Overall, I would definitely recommend Lemonade to any friend who was looking for an insurance provider. It's easy to use and great customer experience.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I had a super easy time with Lemonade. When my items were stolen from me it was such a bad night but lemonade helped me to get my claim processed quickly and answered all of my questions. So helpful, thanks Sam and lemonade. I will continue to refer friends and family to insurance on this seamless platform.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Erin was extremely helpful. Very calm and very in tune with my situation. It felt like I was calling a friend about my problems. She assured me She would take care of the situation and she did just that. She is exactly what customer service needs to be about. Action. You guys are lucky to have her on your team. Thanks again Erin.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Completing this claim was easy due to the responsiveness of the team. I’m rather satisfied. I did have to push one item through which wasn’t hard, but for 5 stars you gotta be perfect! So 4 stars. 4.5 if there was that choice.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

My apartment complex main sewage line became backed up which flooded into my basement and surrounding units. I submitted my claim with my adjusting Stephanie and she was nothing short of amazing! She took her time to explain the process and took me by my hand and walked me through the entire process. I'm so grateful she was there to help. I'd highly recommend Lemonade Insurance to anyone and put them up against anyone because their claim process and turn around time is like none other I've ever experienced. Thanks again Stephanie S! You're the best!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

My home flooded and I lost everything due to black mold. Lemonade insurance was there for me in my darkness time. I have two small children so you can only imagine. They paid for room and board and also reimbursed me for a percentage of the food I paid for. I was able to start completely over without a hassle. I highly recommend them. They were right on time and acted immediately.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Filing my claim was easy. Kelsey followed through on all questions and concerns! Everyone was nice. Although claim was slowed with the holidays, all went smoothly and everything was resolved! Payout was simple! Probably the simplest insurance claim I’ve ever had to file! Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Sasha is so responsible and reply to my every email promptly. Even though It is a late-night email or during the days off, I got my response. And also, she is so considerate and trying to relieve my stress and anxiety. She is the best insurance claimer I ever met.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

My apartment was recently broken into a few times and Kaleb helped me with my claim. I was a little stressed out with holidays and then this happening. However, I am very thankful for Kaleb, he has been amazing, so understanding and thorough. It’s a very detailed process but Kaleb was always helpful and in communication. Thankfully my claim was approved!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I had just moved in and after having a guest over I noticed things were missing. It’s never easy when you trust someone and that trust is violated. I was so uncomfortable in my own home and started to second guess the move. Jon and the Lemonade team really helped with keeping me informed with my claim start to finish.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Great claims process that took next to no time. Would highly recommend for renters insurance that is simple, easy, and no hassle. I had my phone stolen and Lemonade helped me get a new phone really quickly! A no brainer for New Yorkers like me who live in apartments. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I worked with Sasha on a recent property theft claim. She was so understanding and kind throughout the stressful circumstances. Sasha responded promptly, had answers to my questions and worked quickly to help us file our claim. I was extremely impressed by how smooth the process was.

Lemonade Renters Insurance Company Information