4.8/5 (1366 ratings)

About Lemonade Renters Insurance

Lemonade is an online insurance provider offering many types of policies, including renters insurance. Lemonade renters insurance covers your personal belongings, protects you from liability claims and pays for alternative living arrangements if your home becomes uninhabitable. Plans are available in 28 states and Washington, D.C., and start as low as $5 per month. You can get coverage in minutes, and claims are simple and fast on the Lemonade app.

Pros

• Flexible coverage
  • Speedy payouts
  • Low-cost policies
  • Add-on coverage available

Cons

• Not available in every state
  • Auto bundling only available in select states

Bottom Line

Lemonade renters insurance offers flexible coverage options and affordable rates. It's not yet available in every state, but it's expanding quickly. Customers can expect fast payouts with its automated claims system.

Lemonade Renters Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lemonade Renters Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Hi. I just want to say my experience with Adam as the agent handling my claim was amazing. He always responded promptly and thoroughly. He was able to get me the help I needed, and really helped out during a difficult time.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Lemonade insurance has came through in many ways. At first I thought my life was in disaster but making the claim was really easy and the process was super fast. Claudia was my person and she is very professional and responds quick with answers. I'm going to look into more bundle services.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

I was feeling violated when my house was broken into. My adjuster help me the most when everyone else just passed me around. Very professional when I wasn’t in the right state of mind. I appreciate her service. Super professional!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

A year after a water leak my neighbors decided to sue me! Thank goodness I had coverage. I filed an online claim. A short time later I was contacted for an over-the-phone interview. I disagreed with the claim. My Lemonade person handled everything from there. I got email updates that they were working on things for me. It was recently settled. Lemonade insured that they could not come back to me in any way once signed. It was quite seamless and handled without my having to do much at all. Like I said before, very glad to know Lemonade had my back.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

We have been Lemonade customers for several years and everything about the company is exceptional. The people - an amazing, well trained team that cares about the customer. The services - they cover it all. Purpose - this is a company that cares about the world. Few times in my life have I experienced this level of consistent WOW! Our most recent experience was handled by Kaleb. Perfect service!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

Lemonade and Dexter specifically were extremely helpful when my boyfriend's gear got stolen out of his car in my driveway. Dexter was kind, helpful and efficient. I am really grateful to him and the Lemonade team and will recommend them to my friends.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

My new iPhone 14 Pro Max was stolen 2 weeks after I got it. I didn't have insurance through my phone carrier so I thought I was out of luck. One of my friends recommended looking into my renter's insurance policy and that's what I did. I submitted my claim to Lemonade and after a quick review, they awarded me the full amount of the phone. You guys are lifesavers!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

Erin is very helpful and moves fast to get my claim settled. It comforts me after going through all the terrible things. She always asks for the material she needs clearly and responds to me on time. I'm happy to work with Erin.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

Sasha was an awesome help especially with the stressful situation I was going through. Straightforward and to the point about what she needed and was able to process the claim super quick! Couldn't have asked for a better insurance agent.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

Lemonade claims process is extremely user-friendly and easy to submit. My claim representative Erin was VERY attentive, friendly and efficient. She made a difficult time easy for Us. She kept me in the loop of the process and was spot on. My claim was approved in days! Thanks, Lemonade and members, I'm a customer for LIFE! :)

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

I have had the terrible misfortune of having property stolen on two separate occasions, both times Lemonade was quick and effective at reviewing, processing, and communicating with me about my claim. The biggest thing I appreciate is how easy they make it to communicate with your claims adjuster, and the communication is stellar.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I had many valuable things stolen from my car outside the condo that I am renting. Lemonade renter's insurance approved my claim and gave me cash to replace my belongings. Filing a claim on the app was a seamless process and the agent was great to work with. Just 11 days after the incident, a lump sum of cash was deposited into my account. Couldn't have been more pleased with the experience.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I had to file a claim and the process was fast and painless. Lemonade just wanted to make sure my claim was valid and once they were able to verify that from the paperwork provided, my claim was approved. It didn't seem much like the often dreaded experience of dealing with insurance companies. Chapeau!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I was very stressed out worrying about this process and Ginna made it go so smoothly and professionally. She helped me make sure I included all damaged items. I would hope that if I were to ever have to do this process again, I get blessed with getting the privilege of working with Ginna. Highly recommend this company if Ginna is any indication of their hired staff.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

My experience with Erin was great, with a stressful situation she was kind and considerate... doing everything she could while keeping me updated and well informed. It was nice to have a real human-to-human experience as well deal with one person throughout the whole experience.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

Jacob has to be one of the top-notch, best agents in Lemonade ever. Even though I was not able to be responsive for the past month, Jacob consistently reached out to me just to genuinely resolve the claim. I know the theft would've not happened if the apartment itself worked harder to reinforce the security of the property; however, they instead chose to do nothing and Jacob was a savior from this mess. He comprehensively went through the process one by one and everything went smooth like butter. Huge props to Jacob and the whole Lemonade team who helped me to recover from such a loss! Looking forward to more services. :)

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

This was my first time doing a renters insurance claim ever in my life. I was a little nervous and worried about the process but it ended up being super easy and Lemonade was really helpful and I am a happy customer.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I worked with Nathan for my claim. He was fantastic. I had a lot of trouble getting the NYPD to share my police report (they were being non-responsive). Nathan coached me on the best way to get a response. Once the police report was attained, Nathan was quick, communicative, and helpful through the rest of the process. Lemonade has proven to be a fantastic partner to me -- and I will gladly use them again and recommend to anyone who inquires. Nathan in particular was fantastic. Thank you, Lemonade and Nathan, for the high quality and distinctive experience.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

My Bike was stolen in Austin off my bike rack, the security lock was cut. Nathan with Lemonade helped me from beginning to end with my case and I am so thankful he did! I will highly recommend Lemonade to anyone in the future!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

My experience has been great. This is my first ever insurance company I’ve been with. Also the first time I had to file a claim involving a jewelry theft. Ev & the team was really helpful with me through out the process. Lemonade is great & I plan to stay with them & Insure whatever I may need.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I had a claim that I wasn’t sure would even get approved, but Lemonade helped me through every step along the way and made the process very simple. The claim was approved fairly quickly once I sent in all required info.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

After going through such a stressful situation, Kaleb made this process easy and smooth. The whole online claim process was easy to navigate and Kaleb has always responded in a timely manner. He made it stress and hassle free. Lemonade has been a pleasure to work with.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

This was my first time having to file a claim and I was a bit nervous but my rep Marilyn literally was the best ever! Her response time and customer service was impeccable. She walked me through the process and was very informative when handling all of my questions and concerns. She made my experience a great one and hopefully I never have to go through this again but if I do, I would recommend Lemonade and Marilyn in a heartbeat!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

Claim was easy to start once you downloaded the app. Quick follow via email and the rest was handle extremely fast. I couldn’t be happy with the service and speed! I have had their renters insurance for 2+. Started because it was required by my apt building but so happy to have it. They have covered me now for two major incidents. I would suggest it for anyone renting.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

I had items stolen from a rental car that I paid for with AMEX platinum, so insurance is included. I spent 20+ hours on the phone and on email with them over 3 months and they kept asking for more information and being incredibly vague. I then found out that Lemonade also covers this. I spent a total of 10min on my Lemonade claim including emails, and it was resolved in a few days. Incredible!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

I just had a huge leak in my apt ceiling and had to reach out to Lemonade to put in a claims. The process was very quick and easy, yet thorough. The claims team member in charge of my case reached out to the super of my building to confirm all details within the same day I put in claims, and the process moved along quickly. I was stressing out so much due to the leak, but the Lemonade team was able to lift a huge weight off my shoulders. Will definitely recommend to anyone needing renters insurance!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

I've been a customer for about 2.5 years with Lemonade, without ever needing to make a claim, until my storage unit at my apartment in Denver was broken into, and thousands of dollars of stuff stolen. Lemonade made it quite straightforward to make a claim, and I'll be honest, I expected to have problems, as I've always heard that dealing with any kind of insurance can be a pain, and I've thankfully never needed to use my auto or renters insurance before. That said, submitting the claim was easy enough, and both of the Lemonade team members I interacted with, Stephan K and Kaitlyn S, were both very friendly and professional. I was very detailed in my claim and police report, and it maybe took a 3-4 hours total to compile everything needed and speak with the Lemonade staff. My claim was approved in full, and an absolute nightmare for me ended up being OK after all was said and done. Thank you, Lemonade.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

I have home insurance plan with Lemonade for 3 years now and didn't need to use it before. Last week my e-bike was stolen from my garage during the night. After filing a police report, I used the Lemonade website and was able to file the claim and get it approved within an hour. I received payment in my bank account the next day. The best thing for me was that the process was completely automated and easy, I did everything from my phone and it was a very simple and convenient experience. Before filing the claim I contacted the Lemonade support team using their website contact form, and Sam was able to get all my questions resolved very quickly. Taking into account how affordable was the price for the insurance and the quality of service, the Lemonade insurance will be definitely the number one choice for me now and in the future.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

No one wants to use an insurance, but when it's needed, you imagine the bureaucracy that it will be, but it was not the case with Lemonade, my process was self-service, simple questionnaire, simple process and very effective, because solved my problem. I'll continue relying in Lemonade.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

Wow!! My day was off to a rough start when I found out my bike was stolen. I was dreading having to file a police report and an insurance claim. Little did I know, my insurance claim was processed and accepted in a matter of seconds through my renter's insurance policy with Lemonade. I highly recommend anyone use Lemonade for insurance and I'll definitely be using them again.

Lemonade Renters Insurance Company Information