Get a Quote

2. Moving
  3. Renters Insurance

4.9/5 (1211 ratings)

About Lemonade Renters Insurance

Lemonade Insurance company is transforming the typical insurance model with transparency and instant technology. Their monthly affordable fixed flat rate means you get your claims paid faster. They offer an add-on for extra coverage with no deductible covering damage and theft, worldwide. Renters Insurance monthly fee as low as $5. It only takes 90 seconds to get insured - check their prices and get insured today!

Pros

• Flexible coverage
  • Speedy payouts
  • Low-cost policies
  • Add-on coverage available
  • Giveback Program

Cons

• Not available in every state
  • No bundling with auto

Bottom Line

Lemonade Renters Insurance offers affordable rates with flexible coverage options. It's not yet available in every state, but it's expanding quickly. Customers can expect fast payouts with its automated claims system.

Lemonade Renters Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lemonade Renters Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lemonade Renters Insurance?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Jose was the best. Made the process so easy and explained everything from start to finish and not only that he always kept me in the loop so never did I have to reach him. Lemonade also makes coverages easy to understand and know what's covered.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Jose was so helpful and knowledgeable and the entire claims process went so smoothly. I initially didn’t have all the documents available that he was asking me for, but after explaining my particular situation and providing an alternative acceptable document, my claim was then settled within a matter of hours. That’s so much, Jose! And thanks for being so quick to reply back to emails- much appreciated!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I have nothing but good things to say about Lemonade. They were prompt and very professional when my husband and I needed coverage/help the most. We had our car broken into and lemonade and its employees were extremely helpful!!! We are so grateful.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Highly recommended this insurance company for all, very helpful and very fast response to resolve the claims, I will give a 5/5 stars for their hardly work, they are the best insurance company I have ever use, and all the thanks for Mr. ** the one who helping us to resolve the claim. Very fast work and was very nice and understanding. Thanks Troy and Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Quick and high efficiency for the service, thanks! It’s so despair to be stolen and helpless when important belongings were missing! But thanks Lemonade for helping me to reduce my loss and try to maintain my life to normal as their best possibility. I will definitely recommend friends to use such a good insurance!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Having my ceiling collapse in a wave of leaked pipe water was a terrible experience, but working with the folks at Lemonade was the complete opposite: Both the customer service rep and claims advocate I spoke to were kind, and treated me like a human being. My claim was processed efficiently and speedily, and within two days I had the money in my bank account to help me return my apartment to a semblance of normalcy. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Very fast, efficient and friendly! It only took 4 days from event to payout. They didn't try to nickel and dime me on every technicality to try to minimize their payout and were fair. The representative assigned to my case, Claudia was responsive and helpful.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Quick and easy with few questions asked reimbursement process when I was robbed of multiple items abroad. Everything was done through the app, and then via email. Super quick responsive time. Low monthly premium. Thanks a bunch, Lemonade and Shelby!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I had a really great experience using Lemonade. Zach was so extremely helpful and kept me updated throughout the whole process. He took the time to speak with me on the phone and ensure my questions were all answered. I appreciate him constantly following up with my building's management since they are very unresponsive and unhelpful. All in all a great experience. thank you for everything!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

My new full-suspension carbon mountain bike was stolen within 5 months of purchase. The PD said the time to obtain the actual police report was over 10 weeks. Regardless, Lemonade paid me out the full amount of my bike within 4 hours of me submitting the claim. I was super stressed out, but Lemonade came through for me. Thank you!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I had an amazing experience. The policy itself was very affordable and the fact that something did happen while I was renting and Erin took care of my claim was outstanding. She was very thoroughly, responsive and the claim was paid out very quickly. Thank you guys. I will definitely be recommending

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I was devastated yesterday when I found out my electric bike had been stolen off the rack on my van. I had actually completely forgotten I had renter's insurance until a friend reminded me, and reminded me that it might cover the theft of my bike. Ironically, a few months ago, the policy was renewing and I remember thinking to myself I should cancel it, 'cause it didn't seem necessary. I'm SO glad I didn't!

You have to file a claim on the app, which was super fast, intuitive, easy, and before I'd even submitted all my documentation, when I tapped "submit", it literally said "Your claim is approved!" It had asked for my bank information, and TODAY, less than 24 hours after I found out the bike was gone, I just looked and there was a deposit from them for $1,250!

Holy crap! I've NEVER had an experience even remotely like that, dealing with insurance of any kind. I had to call to ask them something and the call went, through right away, the lady was super nice and helpful and when I'd sent an email a bit earlier, someone responded immediately. I've already called 3 of my friends to tell them they NEED to get Lemonade renter's insurance, and sent them the link to the app, and I'm about to write a Facebook post urging all my friends on there to get it too. This experience went from me sobbing over the phone to my mom, to basically total elation. I feel SO relieved and so grateful. Lemonade, you guys ROCK!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I was and still am devastated by the loss of my engagement ring. Lemonade did not only make it incredibly easy to Claim, but they were so kind and understanding of my situation. Engagement rings are extra special. They are meant forever. When you lose this, it more than just jewelry. It’s like you lost part of yourself. Lemonade’s kindness and speedy execution of the claim makes this very difficult time just a little better. Thank you so much Lemonade. You will be HIGHLY recommended to all my family and friends!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I definitely recommend Lemonade for your renter’s insurance! Working with lemonade was so quick and easy! Samantha was so kind and understanding of the situation. This experience made a very sad situation a lot better! Thank you so much Lemonade!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I recently filed a claim. The person in charge of my claim was super helpful. He resolved my claim in a timely manner. He was professional and kind. I really love this insurance. It's very affordable and fairly priced. I would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I had great experience working Luke, he was really helpful and supportive. Always looking out for me unlike other insurance companies. Excellent service and super easy to file manage my claim. Luke was very quick to respond whenever I had doubts, always ready to help.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Ali was very communicative and helpful. I had a very hard time with my house being broken into and the process was very accessible. Ali kept me up to date with all the necessary documents that I needed explained the process to me and helped me get my claim.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

My day turned sour when my camera lens was damaged in its case. Not to fear however, since within hours of filling out details of the incident in the app, I was assigned a claims advocate. Once I provided an estimate for repair, the claim was approved in literally less than 15 minutes. I will always use Lemonade!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I was apprehensive that I will be reimbursed correctly but the representative I worked with, Thalia was attentive and helped as much as possible. There was some discrepancies but I could reach her by phone and sort it out. It was a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

We had someone break in to our storage unit and take out a lengthy list of items. Lemonade needed the expected documentation (police report, receipts, security footage, etc.) but was quick to respond and even quicker to get our claim through. Insurance companies can be difficult, but we couldn't have asked for a better experience with Lemonade (shout out to Sasha!). Been using them for years and they came through when we needed them most!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

My renters insurance policy was unfortunately needed due to a pipe bursting in my basement. The claims process was all automated through the app (a little time consuming - but understandable due to fraud I'm sure) - and in a matter of 48 hours, I had verification that my claim was approved and less than 1 business day later - the funds were sent to me. This is what many people (including me) want - simple, flexible, tech based but user friendly... not endless phone calls, explaining the situation 3-4 x to different people... Paper forms being scanned/faxed/mailed... Lemonade does it right.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

My experience was pretty good. The agent stayed in touch. She always responded back to my emails in a reasonable time. My claim was able to get approved with no issues. Time frame was a little lengthy but that was okay. Best insurance hands down.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Unfortunately we had a very nice mountain bike stolen from our garage. Filing a claim was super easy online and within hours (if not minutes) we received a deposit to our bank account. What a relief to know that when something bad happens like this our insurance is responsive, helpful and simple to use. Would highly recommend Lemonade to any renters out there.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Best experience I’ve had so far. Ali had excellent communication and got my claim approved quick. Lemonade is a great price point and always has the best interest of their clients. Best experience I’ve had with any insurance agency. Thank you Ali.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I had the best and most seamless experience. 10/10 would recommend Lemonade! I have never felt more heard and understood so quickly. Lemonade has definitely made me realize how powerful tech can be yet it still felt like a very human experience.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Julia is a Savior. I felt so overwhelmed and she made me feel so supported. It felt really personal. She saved me from sobbing in a fetal position countless times. I thank her in my daily prayers and hope Lemonade realizes the precious asset she is. THANK YOU DEAR JULIA❤❤❤❤

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Katy was helpful and answered all of my questions in a timely manner. Even though things took a while, she was there at every step. I was very concerned I wouldn’t be able to get the things replaced that I needed so I’m so glad she could help me out.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

John did a great job. He seemed very confident in his job and was able to help me and was very kind and fast to respond when I had questions or needs. I was really stressed out when I made the claim and he was very kind about it all.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

This company has been absolutely wonderful. Living in the PNW has been a really bad year so far with weather. We couldn’t ask for a better insurance company. You guys have been an absolute blessing. Thanks so much Lemonade for being fast. Great communication and very prompt on payouts on claims.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Ryan was the best agent I've ever worked with. I hate insurance but Ryan changed my mind with amazing customer service and easy to follow Instructions to get my claim processed. Payment processed and received by the very next week.

Lemonade Renters Insurance Company Information