4.8/5 (1674 ratings)

About Lemonade Renters Insurance

Lemonade Insurance company is transforming the typical insurance model with transparency and instant technology. Their monthly affordable fixed flat rate means you get your claims paid faster. They offer an add-on for extra coverage with no deductible covering damage and theft, worldwide. Renters Insurance monthly fee as low as $5. It only takes 90 seconds to get insured - check their prices and get insured today!

Pros

• Flexible coverage
  • Speedy payouts
  • Low-cost policies
  • Add-on coverage available
  • Giveback Program

Cons

• Not available in every state
  • No bundling with auto

Bottom Line

Lemonade Renters Insurance offers affordable rates with flexible coverage options. It's not yet available in every state, but it's expanding quickly. Customers can expect fast payouts with its automated claims system.

Lemonade Renters Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lemonade Renters Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lemonade Renters Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

I claimed my accident and it took more than 45 days to process my claim. The person who got assigned my claim never provided me any status update and reached out to me after I asked for the update. In addition to that, I‘ve asked her multiple times that let me know before she process the claim because I wanted to review it and make a decision whether I want to proceed or not. However, she proceeded it without my permission and review and sent me an email that it has been processed. It’s very unpleasant working with Lemonade.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

Thorough, quick and very easy to navigate. Nathan was professional, caring, and made the entire experience less difficult. The level of responsiveness was exemplary. This was daughter’s first experience with theft. I dreaded the claim process but couldn’t ask for a better outcome.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Having my things stolen is not pleasant, but the experience with Kaleb at Lemonade helped to move on because he answered questions and solved problems. I had an issue with my bank account and Kaleb was there to help quickly and kindly.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Team was highly capable, efficient, and compassionate to the loss that I endured. I was extremely pleased with the overall process and the team that I worked with to settle my theft claim. Beginning to end -- I had quick, clear communication throughout the entire process.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

Nathan was a great help. From the moment he was assigned my case he kept in contact with me and assured me I was in good hands. He worked fast so the items and damage done wouldn’t be missed very long. He answered all questions without any problem. I’m very pleased with his help as I went through this tough time.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I had to make a claim for a lost item of jewelry with Lemonade and my experience couldn't have gone any smoother. I used the app to initiate the claim and after a few emails with Ricardo (who was great throughout), my claim had been processed and paid into my account. I think the whole process took around a week, which is much faster than other insurance companies I've dealt with previously. I'd wholeheartedly recommend Lemonade and will continue to be a happy customer!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

We had a theft in our apartment in July 2022. Melinda from Lemonade team was assigned to this case, and she handled our case meticulously well. We can't thank her enough for the level of patience and diligence she has shown, and we will forever be thankful to her in this tough time. We highly recommend her, and pretty sure that we are just adding to the positive feedback which she would definitely be getting from all of her past assignments. If this review can help provide her any accolades possible, would request Team Lemonade to definitely preserve/award the precious resource that Melinda is.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

With crime on the rise, it is nice to have an insurance provider that makes things simple. While I am a bit frustrated by the automation at Lemonade, it is nice to work with the people on the claims side.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

Person over my claim was helpful. Took a little longer than I’d liked. But I’m happy I can now re-purchase my necklace. It took 22 days. I was getting a little upset but I guess that’s standard time and procedure so I’m satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

I signed up for Lemonade in 2019, and loved how easy it was to get started with them. It only took 5 minutes until everything was in place with my insurance coverage. The app is very intuitive and user friendly. Their policies are affordable and well-explained. When I filed a claim for fire damage, they were fast to respond, kind, communicative, and went above and beyond to help me. I had the best experience and I sincerely cannot recommend them enough!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Stephanie kept in clear communication with me, and made the process efficient and was very informative. I'm so grateful I was able to be relieved everything going smoothly after so much headache and people messing around being dishonest. I'm so grateful!!! Thank you Stephanie and I will highly recommend Lemonade Insurance.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Katy was amazing help. She was a pleasure to speak with and provided me the assistance I needed. I was worried that my claim would not be covered as I had a horrible previous experience. However Katy restored my confidence in Lemonade.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Eryk R. was amazing from beginning to end. Was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions promptly. Keep up the great work!!!! So glad I found Lemonade as my rental insurance provider. Will always say good things about the company.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Ali was very helpful in helping me with every question I ever had. She definitely was very responsive and always was nice and in a good mood to help. Will definitely recommend to anybody that is ever looking for renters insurance.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

It's a lot to write but basically was uninformative about what needed to be done and not done. Didn't do things the way should of been done. Took 4 months and when finally settled it they gave me 3000 basically for replacement of everything I owned. I'm suing them. Warning don't waste your money or time.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

Alex was the second person to review my claim. I asked for and was granted a new adjuster. I liked that Lemonade did this…. Unlike the first person Alex listened to the facts and then investigated the circumstances. Alex is the reason I would recommend Lemonade. He was cordial, professional and timely with the claim procedure.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

The agent Bayley who helped me with the case was very helpful and considerate. She has the excellent ability to deal with the case. The reply was prompt and responsive. She absolutely helped me out. I am very grateful for what she did.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

Carly made this process very easy and was responsive and timely throughout the entire process. I knew what I needed to provide her in order to get a fair claim. I appreciate the straight-to-the-point answers she gave me and all the help. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

The process of submitting a claim with Lemonade could not have gone smoother. After being stressed about my personal items being stolen it was such a relief having this step make things so much easier and knowing I’m not alone to deal with everything.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

I had a pretty major burglary occur a couple of months ago, and the team-member who was assigned to help me, Nadia, could not have been any more helpful! She was patient with me getting info to her, incredibly nice, and was diligently working to get my claim approved. I was so appreciative to work with her, and would recommend her and Lemonade to any renters out there.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Prompt, helpful, flexible service. Easier claims processing experience than traditional carriers. My rep, Nadia **, was very helpful. Customer service is better than prior carrier experience. I will await to see if this raises my insurance premiums next year. Otherwise, good experience thus far.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

We were so devastated by our break in. But Lemonade was easy and fast. It’s nice knowing they’re there to cover us if something goes wrong. Our rep was also nice and took care of things relatively quickly. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

I had my bike stolen in NYC and immediately went home to file a claim through my renter's insurance with Lemonade. The process was so simple and seamless and I was approved and paid out very quickly. Thank you for the great service!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Lemonade was great at answering my questions and helping me navigate through the fire in my apartment. They were helpful in helping get me reimbursed for my losses fast. They were super helpful and I would recommend them to my friends and family.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

During such an emotional process like dealing with a burglary, this was such a streamlined and easy process. Using the app was easy and efficient. I was able to get approved quickly for my stolen items. I’m so thankful. Lemonade is a wonderful company and I’m so glad I had insurance during this extremely violating and difficult time.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

I can’t believe that my claim got approved in less than 5 minutes. It was super easy and fast from start to finish. I definitely recommend these guys. The portal is super easy and you will get your answer less than 5 minutes. A+. Great first experience.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Hi. I just want to say my experience with Adam as the agent handling my claim was amazing. He always responded promptly and thoroughly. He was able to get me the help I needed, and really helped out during a difficult time.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Lemonade insurance has came through in many ways. At first I thought my life was in disaster but making the claim was really easy and the process was super fast. Claudia was my person and she is very professional and responds quick with answers. I'm going to look into more bundle services.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

I was feeling violated when my house was broken into. My adjuster help me the most when everyone else just passed me around. Very professional when I wasn’t in the right state of mind. I appreciate her service. Super professional!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

A year after a water leak my neighbors decided to sue me! Thank goodness I had coverage. I filed an online claim. A short time later I was contacted for an over-the-phone interview. I disagreed with the claim. My Lemonade person handled everything from there. I got email updates that they were working on things for me. It was recently settled. Lemonade insured that they could not come back to me in any way once signed. It was quite seamless and handled without my having to do much at all. Like I said before, very glad to know Lemonade had my back.

Lemonade Renters Insurance Company Information